[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: damo.jpg (211 KB, 588x771)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
discuss CAN
>>
My favorite band of all time. Future Days is my favorite album and it changed the way I approach music. Their late 70s stuff isn’t awful but it isn’t amazing. However, I really really like their 1979 self titled album.
>>
i can't
>>
>>110506025
for me, the big three go like this
1. tago mago
2. future days
3. ege bamyasi

post-suzuki, soon over babaluma is their last truly great album, although flow motion and landed has some gems
>>
I saw Damo play live with some local
Musicians once. For a little old Japanese man he had a pretty amazing voice.

Michael Karoli also had some great guitar riffs.

Remember once driving with my grandma when I was a teen and Bel Air came on the radio, it was memorable.

Favourite track is either Oh Yeah or Don’t Turn the Lights on leave me alone.
>>
best band of the 70s
>>
File: godfather.jpg (43 KB, 1280x720)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
i did not care for ege bamyasi
>>
>>110507552
I did, but I don't think it's nearly as good as Tago Mago and Future Days
>>
>>110506028
beat me to it
>>
>>110506025
Explain to me how this band is any different from the Grateful Dead's aimless jamming sessions
>>
>>110507650
meant for OP, but whatever
>>
>>110507650
dead jam in a way thats (imo) similar to coltrane on love supreme. its about stretching out something to improv OVER it

CAN turns that on its head. for another jazz comparison id say its more like ornette coleman, where the song IS the improv, and the band is collectively trying to twist the base song into whatevers on their mind at the time. theres less happening at any given point, but the song ultimately covers more ground

imo theyre diametrically opposite philosophies on improv

but i also think the dead fucking blow giant cocks so lol what do i know?
maybe id like them more if they had a literal machine like jaki drumming for them, but prolly not. they just sound like bad country music that wants to waste my time
>>
any CAN fan should listen to The Lost Tapes, especially the tracks Millionenspiel, Graublau Bubble Rap, Spoon (Live), Dead Pigeon Suite, Networks of Foam
>>
>>110507552
you prolly jerk off to reverb tanks then
the ridiculously dry room sound makes that album
>>
soon over babaluma is pretty good actually. i thought everything post damo was supposed to be lame but that one can almost compete with the trilogy (obv not as good as those but still a very good record)
>>
>>110508456
not everything
some of its pretty good actually

but damo was unbelievably important, especially considering he didnt play anything and mostly just babbled in random languages
he was their go-go boy
without him out there going nuts, they just didnt have the same intensity
>>
>>110508405
>Millionenspiel
unironically one of my favorite can tracks. it shouldve been included on an album
>>
>>110505990
Where do they do more of the kind of rock and roll stuff, im listening to Future Days and its just not doing it for me, I liked when that Jap was singing at the top of his lungs and they were doing crazy riffs. What album is that.
>>
>>110511069
Landed
>>
>>110511069
tago mago
>>
>>110511069
check out that one live vid from rockpalast 1970
its sick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zhdNviS0Vs

for album ege bamyasi is my favorite since it doesnt have all the extra production in the way
very dry and raw imo
>>
>>110511115
>>110511134
>>110511303
Cool thanks fellow gayfrens

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.