[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>nu metal is bad because… it just IS okay!!
>>
>nu metal is good because… it just IS okay!!
>>
File: 1635380214873 (1).png (5 KB, 500x590)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>nu metal is bad because… it just IS okay!!
>>
>>107257637
Forgot image
>>
>>107257629
new metal fans usually look like this though LMAO
>>
>>107257629
if you like it, you can like it.
i won't stop you.
>>
>>107257679
Nah. They’re funny looking, but it’s a different kind of funny looking. They don’t look like basedboyim
>>
>>107257687
I will
>>
File: metalbands.jpg (656 KB, 1920x1080)
656 KB
656 KB JPG
>no creativity
>nothing original
yep it's nu-metal
>>
>>107258045
Crazy how literally every single one of those bands is better than [your favorite band here].
>>
>>107257695
Style started because “Fuck it, you’ll grow into it. Pick you guys up at 10pm.”
>>
It's bad because it's superficial. Each band had its own stupid visual gimmick that was taken far too seriously. The lyrics are really, really shit, just completely juvenile and vacuous. No nuance at all. It offered a form of "rebellion" and "nonconformity" for edgy teens that revolved around buying clothes. The musicianship was sometimes good, but it was mostly wasted on repetitive, dumb music. 20 or 25 years later it's easier to overlook some of the flaws and appreciate the less shitty aspects of it, but it was always pretty cringe at heart.
>>
File: fuck metal.jpg (26 KB, 480x360)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>It's bad because it's superficial. Each band had its own stupid visual gimmick that was taken far too seriously. The lyrics are really, really shit, just completely juvenile and vacuous. No nuance at all. It offered a form of "rebellion" and "nonconformity" for edgy teens that revolved around buying clothes. The musicianship was sometimes good, but it was mostly wasted on repetitive, dumb music. 20 or 25 years later it's easier to overlook some of the flaws and appreciate the less shitty aspects of it, but it was always pretty cringe at heart.
>>
>>107260683
Did I say those were better?
>>
Nu-Metal would get a lot less hate if it was compared more to grunge than metal

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.