[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Queen legend Brian May has blasted today’s woke culture and said Freddie Mercury would have struggled with it.
>The guitarist, 74, made his comments as he lambasted the Brit Awards for scrapping their Male and Female categories.
>He said Freddie Mercury, who died aged 45 in 1991 after contacting AIDS, would have found the PC culture “difficult”.
>He said: “For instance, Freddie came from Zanzibar, he wasn’t British, he wasn’t white as such - nobody cares, nobody ever, ever discussed it.
>“He was a musician, he was our friend, he was our brother. We didn’t have to stop and think: ‘Ooh, now, should we work with him?
>Queen's Brian May blasts woke culture and says Freddie Mercury would have struggled
Queen guitarist Brian May has said music icon Freddie Mercury would have had an issue with today's woke brigade amid news the Brit Awards is scrapping its Male and Female categories
>He said: “For instance, Freddie came from Zanzibar, he wasn’t British, he wasn’t white as such - nobody cares, nobody ever, ever discussed it.
>“He was a musician, he was our friend, he was our brother. We didn’t have to stop and think: ‘Ooh, now, should we work with him?
>Is he the right colour? Is he the right sexual proclivity?’
>“None of that happened, and now I find it frightening that you have to be so calculating about everything.” Brian believes even Queen, who have won four Brits, would not be considered diverse enough in the modern age.
>“We would be forced to have people of different colours and different sexes and we would have to have a trans.
>“You know life doesn’t have to be like that. We can be separate and different.”
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/queens-brian-blasts-woke-culture-25539442
>>
>a trans
>>
>>107249929
stfu Brian
>>
>>107249929

I agree
>>
Aren't the 1975 all white?
>>
>>107250089
they're also keeping that sexist white guy cockrock tradition alive, albeit in a more low key and less explicit way than bands did in Brian's time
>>
>>107249929
oh nononono brian not like this
just stick to boomer rock and astrophysics
>>
>>107249929
Surprisingly based take
>>
lmao dis nigga pulled his ass gardening
>>
>>107249929
i never want to be this old headed and delusional when I age, Christ

literally no one, ever, has said "you need a trans in your band"

some people wanna be a victim so bad
>>
>>107249929
>and we would have to have a trans.
They kind of did
>>
>>107250601
>some people wanna be a victim so bad
anon i...
>>
>>107250814
Freddie was a macho fag, completely different from a tranny.
>>
>>107250814
Not even close. Gays and lesbians hate all the trannys for reasons I still don't completely understand.
>>
>>107252022
What’s not to fucking hate about them? I’m serious.
>>
File: 736x-1.jpg (62 KB, 540x657)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>107250855
>>107252022
>>
>>107252219
Dressing in drag for a joke is far different than unironically thinking you're actually a woman. One is humor, the other is mental illness.
>>
>>107249929
>We can be separate and different.
He sounds like a white nationalist KEK
>>
>>107252705
Are you saying people can't be different?
>>
Dad rockers with based takes as usual
>>
Oh, fuck right off. Freddy fucking Mercury wouldn't be at home in modern woke culture? The culture he was breaking ground for? what a stupid thing for him to say.
>>
File: 1637355733013.png (20 KB, 592x720)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>Oh, fuck right off.
>>
>>107253732
Not an argument.
>>
>>107249929
he's kinda right. also that's called social liberalism
>>
>>107249929
>''mr may, what do you think about X?
>''well, freddie would have said...''

lel
>>
>>107253714
It's Freddie, he wasn't politically correct or woke at all and you don't know him better than someone he was in a band with for 20 years.
>>
>>107249929
OK boomer.
>>
>>107250601
>some people wanna be a victim so bad
Please, get a mirror asap.
>>
>>107249929
It's still sad that Brian is still milking Freddie's corpse for media headlines, but he's right.
>>
>>107250254
How the fuck do you do that. Assuming that Brian fell on his own, the odds that the cucumber is positioned towards his asshole, and the momentum to land on his bottom fast enough to have the cucumber tear through his pants and into his bum are small. What are odds? I mean this shit happened to boogie too, but that was because he broke his chair with his weight.
>>
>>107253714
Freddie wrote Bicycle Race. He obviously wouldn't gaf about woke PC culture
>>
Queen were chuds
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Works_Tour#Breaking_apartheid_embargo
>>
>>107253714
>This is the same guy who willingly sang fat bottomed girls and wrote bicycle race btw
>>
>>107253815
>>107255849
He used Freddie as an example of his point.
>>
>>107249929
Is this supposed to be controversial? Most people understand this intuitively. Go a step further, Brian, and ask _why_ this is happening.
>>
mmm... British boomers
>>
>>107255893
what
>>
>>107250121
>sexist white guy cockrock
all toungue-in-cheek. they're the biggest softbois on the planet
>>
Brian May is unfathomably based. Astrophysicist, makes his own guitars, is extremely skilled and the best hair in the biz. Hopefully this BTFOs all the fags who listen to queen just becuase mercury was a gay.
>>
>>107255849
If you think he's right why assume he's using Freddy for headlines rather than as an example to his point?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.