[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What does /mu/ think of RYM? Is there beef?
>>
>>106481147
This was too funny not to post here.
>>
https://voca.ro/1fa8TRDf74fV
>>
>>106481147
Okay I never noticed this before but
>Raymond Scott, the guy who did stock music for fucking Pepsi commercials, is in the 'pretentious artists' copypasta
How?
>>
>>106481277
https://voca.ro/13QEnAMZXR9c
>>
/mu/ hasn't been elitist in forever. This place is overrun by poptimist zoomer faggots.
>>
>>106481277
>>106481303
Maybe because some of his contributions are in the music library SpongeBob and Ren and Stimpy use? That's my theory
>>
>>106481317
bro you are the /mu/ elitist
>>
>>106481277
i think its a typo, they mean raymond sTott
>>
>>106481147
They forgot graham lambkin, phil kline, art zoyd, malade de souci, anthony braxton, don salsa, harry pussy, flaming tunes, moonshake, supreme dicks, us maple, getatchew mekuria, shin joong hyun, jody & the creams, william parker, dimanda galas, when, kemialliset ystavat, bugskull, laddio bolocko, aqsak maboul, flying luttenbachers, mujician, jun konagaya, five starcle men, wild man fischer, zip code rapists, the nihilist spasm band, alastair galbraith, les blousons noirs, bongwater, ariel kalma, kulara, derek bailey, creedle, pierre schaeffer, mikel rouse, archaia, daniel schmidt, cheer-accident, iva bittova, fuckin flyin a-heads, lawrence morris, macha, luciano cilio, sebkha-chott, henry thomas, laurie anderson, trumans water, martin tetreault, meredith monk, asa-chang & junray, ground zero, nusrat fateh khan, jason lescalleet, polly bradfield, charles gayle, khana rung thawi, AMM, dave phillips, pauline oliveros, beta erko, daddys hands, djeli moussa diawara, arab on radar, fred lane, yumbo, rita abadzi, john duncan, 5uus, elliott sharp, thomas fehlmann, michael pisaro, arcana, sarca fern, tafese tesfaye, big blood, basil kirchin, spotemgottem, JS zeiter, arsene souffriau, mon.goose, sunshine has blown, inflatable boy clams, glenn weyant, michael mayer, peter grudzien, pelt, alvaro the chilean, divine styler, hanatarash, and the native hipsters, charlotte moormann, anthony pateras, natalie rose lebrecht, aotea, miranda july. amanda sedgwick, owada, christian & the hedgehog boys, maja ratkje, hermann nitsch, charlie mcalister, destroy all monsters, julius eastman, dj yo-yo dieting, l'infonie, yayayi, michio kadotani, ur kaos, paul dolden, kyle gann, maryanne amacher, max roach, iannis xenakis, david behrman, organ, and eric glick rieman and the list goes on
>>
>>106481147
>Is there beef?
>we literally keep shitting and bitching about RYM despite 90% of this board using it at some point
>RYM took it personal
shit i don't know
>>
>>106481424
Who's he?
>>
>>106481403
Elitism is good
>>
>>106481466
yeah and also Man With No Name, Cosmosis, E-Mantra, Electric Universe, Chi-A.D., SFX, Dimension 5, Ovnimoon, Miranda, Static Movement, Human Blue, Blue Planet Corporation, E-Clip, Zyke, Infected Mushroom, Ritmo, Aerospace, Vini Vici, Pleiadians, Filteria, RiWe, Atmos, Ace Ventura, Etnica, Sideform, Mindwave, Liquid Soul, MFG, Multiphase, Optiloop, Hi Profile, Krama, Lyctum, Doof, Tulk, S.U.N. Project, Juno Reactor, Sirion, Ephedra, Flegma, Nerso, Symphonix, Krama, Mindsphere, Transwave... the list goes on...
>>
>>106481916
but let us also not forget Mötley Crüe, Def Leppard, Alice Cooper, Whitesnake, Scorpions, Tesla, Dokken, Bon Jovi, Skid Row, Poison, Cinderella, W.A.S.P., Ratt, Quiet Riot, Stryper, Twisted Sister, Warrant, Hanoi Rocks, Extreme, Great White, White Lion, Y&T, Mr. Big, Kix, L.A. Guns, Faster Pussycat, Damn Yankees, Firehouse, Slaughter, Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Winger, Steelheart, Love/Hate, Night Ranger, Enuff Z'nuff, Nitro, Helix, Europe, Lita Ford, Thunder, Vixen, Lynch Mob, Badlands, Autograph, Keel, Dangerous Toys, Bang Tango, Whitecross, Jackyl, Michael Monroe, Vain, Kick Axe, Giant, BulletBoys, Steeler, Trixter, EZO, Every Mother's Nightmare, Danger Danger, Tyketto, Lizzy Borden, Britney Fox, Jetboy, Zodiac Mindwarp, Pretty Boy Floyd, Junkyard, Hurricane, Tuff, Roxy Blue, Black 'n' Blue, Aldo Nova, Angel, House of Lords, Wildside, Candy Harlots, Wrathchild, The Darkness, Babylon A.D., Tora Tora, T.N.T., Sleeze Beez, Blue Murder, King Kobra, The Scream, Shotgun Messiah, Contraband, Killer Dwarfs, Mr. Nasty, Wild Boyz, Kik Tracee, Southgang, Rockhead, Beau Nasty, Saigon Kick, Nelson, the list goes on...
>>
Kek if listening to an album by MPB singer Nara Leão makes you patrician, then it’s safe to say half of Brazil could join this community as elitists
>>
>>106481147
/mu/ is only just starting to realize that elitism and gatekeeping was what actually made the board worthwhile in the past. Now that it’s gone and the board has devolved into poptimism and inclusivity, we are grappling with the reality that what we thought was victory was actually a trap.
>>
>>106481147
>IF YOU LISTEN TO THESE UR LITERALLY AN INCEL!
>INTERNET COMMUNITIES DESIGNED TO HARVEST ALGORITHMIC DATA ARE SO IMPORTANT!!!!
Why do people care about this meaningless crap so much?
>>
>>106482103
How could they not realize that, lol

Honestly we either need to go deeper into unbridled praise so that the way that fans of something differentiate the things they love from other stuff is by describe more specific aspects of it and arguing them to be innately superior or receding back into recognizing the classic greats
>>
>>106481147
hear me out...
Some autist needs to start an ongoing a RYM general and push some the tranny shit to the bottom just to show em we have some power too. If you look at the vote counts it takes it's really not that much. We could even get other boards involved. I have had enough of them.
>>
>>106483164
unless you regulary use the account for at least a month and a half, you're ratings won't have any weight
>>
>>106481147

/mu/ doesn't even go to music festivals, they're all bedroom archivists at best.
>>
>>106483216
*your. fuck, my bad
>>
>>106483216
god damn it. filtered by lack of instant gratification. Trannys playing the long game....cept in life. They not the best at longevity in that regard statistically speaking. Oh well was an idea.
>>
>>106483217
music festivals are for trustifarians now days. /mu/tants not the only ones getting filtered by 500 dollar ticket paywalls.
>>
>>106483249
plus they monitor it when new accounts rate specific albums en masse. they call it street teaming. gets you banned
>>
>ctrl + f
>search for my fav artists' names
>zero results
you guys disgust me
>>
I've discovered a lot of great albums through RYM, so I dig it.
>>
>>106483395
based take. rymtards /mu/tards fantanotards and p4ktards hate to admit it but their tastes overlap
>>
>>106483296

Clearly only certain albums. Search it for lowest rates. It's literally nothing but trannys orgazing on discord to do that.
>>
>>106483540
algorithm makes it so that you boost up the charts and get exposed to a wider audience that will inevitably lower the rating. happened to that gay pony album. debuted #1 in the charts, and went straight down the week after, after getting exposed to normal people
>>
>>106481255
What is this scamming story? I haven't heard this before
>>
>>106481147
Wasn't that list originally meant to be a list of bands that pseuds listen to?
>>
>>106481147
i don't think about it at all
>>
>>106481147
>/MU/
cringe and discarded
>>
>>106481403
and that's a GREAT thing
>>
>>106481147
full list is Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, DiGiGHOULS, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, De köchunterzZ, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze and Kaoru Abe
>>
>>106481277
Raymond Scott invented minimal techno.
>>
I got a RYM account but I don't interact with the community much.
>>
>rym is mocking a dying man
Disgusting
>>
>>106487539
He survived
>>
>>106485628
>DiGiGHOULS
lel
>>
>>106482021
This
>>
>>106481403
yes?
>>
I really find it hard to belive RYM trannys aren't vastly more incel then this board. You telling me those non passing one getting a lot of action? No one wants anyone living there.
>>
>>106489198
They have sex among themselves, whenever a tranny tells you how much sex he has unlike those incels on 4chan, imagine something like an average post on the polyamory subreddit. It's hard to believe for some people, but there are indeed worse things than inceldom.
>>
>>106481500
They are trying to take bands like Fishmans and Death Grips this board made popular and say they did so
>>
>>106481147
its funny bc rym was a popular /mu/ domain years ago
>>
>>106481466
Art Zoyd fucking sucks

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.