[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Well Daughters is now DOA
>>
Alexis is based as fuck either way
>>
>>106477539
This is bullshit
>>
kek good riddance
>>
if everyone she fucks is an abuser than what's wrong with her?
>>
>>106477539
stop liking the bitch tweets simp
>>
>>106477630
it's a screenshot from plebbit
>>
She has to have BPD or something. From the way she talks about her abuse on Twitter like she's a yuppie tiktok girl it feels that way
>>
if you walk around and everything smells like shit it might just be on your shoes
>>
>>106477682
Either way the band is fucked, the label is going to be pressured to drop em because of her status
>>
>>106477556
No man with a girl's name is based.
>>
Alexis' solo stuff is on the same label as her stuff
>>
kek it's real, welp he's fucked, RIP Daughters
>>
>>106477641
link?
>>
>>106477539
Why cant I see the tweet? Am I retarded or did I just get bated?
>>
>>106477539
Is there any proof?
>>
>>106477802
https://twitter.com/LINGUA_IGNOTA_/status/1447998182277931011
>>
i mean honestly, it is really fucking weird at this point. i've experienced abuse from family members and her stuff has really resonated with me but it seems like literally every relationship she has ends framed like this. i'm as inclined to side with victims as anyone but i just don't know anymore
>>
>>106477824
I don't know either, I feel like after something like this happens so many times, the person just might be naturally attracted to people with issues
>>
>>106477810
>proof
kek
>>
File: LINGUA-IGNOTA.jpg (213 KB, 1200x630)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
If this is the type of person you decide to date you can really only blame yourself.
>>
>>106477852
i'm sure that's part of it. i'm reading more and she has talked about her "ex" (alexis probably) having sex addiction issues. i could believe alexis is a shitbag in some ways but she could probably stand to examine herself a bit too when she's consistently ending up with guys like this, it's not normal
>>
>>106477824
As someone who has known people who have been in abusive situations, it really isn't as uncommon as you might think. People who are abuses tend to look for people who are easy to manipulate and isolate, and people who get abused usually have major self esteem/emotional issues and aren't able to just cut off the relationship when a normal person would. It is the same reason why people who get raped once often get raped by someone else in the future, because peoples actions and personalities lead to major selection biases
>>
It's so frustratingly vague
>>
>>106477883
>is actively posting on twitter
Is this the biggest red flag for any person?
>>
>>106477916
>abused usually have major self esteem/emotional issues and aren't able to just cut off the relationship

literally me t b h I hate being attracted to toxic people
>>
it's all fun and games til someone gets problematic
>>
>>106477943
>biggest red flag
pretty sure it's the giant tattoo that says "CALIGULA" in all-caps blackletter
>>
>>106477916
yeah this is true. i don't know what to say i just hate that people treat each other so badly and get so twisted
>>
What's the betting Fantano found out earlier and gave her the 10 as a way of trying to offset his Daughters 10? It all makes sense now!
>>
>artsy likely neurotic white woman

Inherently exausting people to be around
>>
>>106478044
KEK holy shit why didnt i make this connection
>>
>>106478044
>inb4 he deletes his review
>>
Don't date artists or attention whoring e girls.
>>
I don’t believe a single thing women say about anyone. It’s worked well every time. Why would I listen to what a narcissist, compulsive-liar, emotionally stunted hoe with nothing to lose if she ever gets caught? Really can you answer that for me? Notice these things are always said after the fact.
>>
a professional victim.

also that dude left his wife and kid for this very ugly whore, serves him right,
>>
>>106478066
Yeah. Lingua Ignota, Phoebe Bridgers, Angel Olsen, Chelsea Wolfe, and Emma Ruth Rundle all display varying degrees of this BPD/Narcissistic type behavior, and I'm likely forgetting several other similar white female musicians in the 'indie darling' world.
I like some of their music, but their personalities make it very difficult.

Recommending those of you who like the rock side of that music check out Reba Meyers' stuff in Code Orange and formerly Adventures.
>No Twitter
>No politics
>No misandry
>No Ego
https://youtu.be/9X6A168neHI
https://youtu.be/o9-l8_t4AS8
https://youtu.be/mgqAc2Ux1Tw
Granted most Code Orange is much heavier than this and she doesn't do a lot of that band's vocals, but check out Adventures if you like rock and her voice.
>>
>>106478501
Reba is based. I didn't fuck with Code Orange's latest but I Am King and their stuff as Code Orange Kids is great
>>
>>106478501
it's understood lesbians are better at guitar
>>
>>106478501
>Emma Ruth Rundle
what did i miss?
>>
>>106477539
>abuser
>had a different opinion
women were a mistake
>>
>>106477883
This. Holy fuck do you retards not know anything about preselection

A huge chest tattoo like you are a 90s Crip is an immediate sign to gtfo. If you date someone who looks like that you can’t turn around a look surprised when she accuses you of being abusive.
>>
>>106478005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsCRmFUbKFk
>>
>>106480429
They were too busy learning the Fortnite dance growing up.
>>
>>106477539
i'm more disappointed he was with that ugly hoe to begin with than that he """abused""" her.
>>
>>106477539
the way she nonchalantly talks about him being an ''abuser'', its bullshit.
>>
>>106480429
this, also her being covered head to toe in tattoos can signal low impulse control
>>
>>106477539
>I'm not in a place mentally where I can provide any proof or substantiate my very serious but ridiculously vague accusations, but I am in a place mentally where I can just throw out those accusations and let my deranged fanbase go after this person with next to no actual information to go off of
>>
thank god she said it on twitter i wouldnt have believed her otherwise
>>
>dates abusers
>wants to expose them and un-person them through social media channels
>also writes and profits off her own abuse experiences
why does nobody see these things laid out and not scratch their head a little bit? like cmon just look at it and at least say it’s fucking weird that this is allowed to exist. I suppose it’s the Taylor Swift model with names versus Taylor it’s all speculation cause she doesn’t out anyone by name
>>
why would anyone date this woman after what she does to her exes. like why would you ignore the clear warning signs that this person will turn on you
>>
what a joke
>>
'Abuser' is genius because it's completely vague, meaning you don't have to commit to any specific accusations, but it's enough of a loaded word that people will automatically imagine the worst.
>>
>>106478298
are you supposed to complain about abuse before it happens then retard?
>>
>caring about what artists do in their personal life
most musicians are obnoxious pieces of shit it shouldnt affect the enjoyment of their art
>>
File: 284cc9a3.jpg (28 KB, 320x320)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>106481089
it's not that you cant enjoy them it's that now the entire band is associated with this and will probably get dropped from the label. No more albums/touring. Shit happened with Gaza
>>
>>106480507
fucking great record
>>
Why the fuck does she always date so called abusers
How fucked up is your taste to always gravitate towards that
>>
>>106481457
>>106477916
>>
>>106477972
kek
>>
>>106481457
It's almost like she's lying and specifically targeting her exes for revenge.
>>
Reminder that in 2021 an “abuser” extends all the way from a rapist to someone who says something you don’t like
>>
File: Daughters-Brooklyn-1.jpg (13 KB, 432x243)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>106477539
>Be Lex
>Get sober
>Have a wife and kids
>Reunite your old band and get more successful than you were before with your most acclaimed album.
>DudesPostingTheirW's.jpg
>Leave your wife and kids to have an angry noise GF.
>Break up with Angry Noise GF
>Angry Noise GF writes album about how you're a piece of garbage.
>Kills the careers of you and your band.

Blew it my dude.
>>
>>106482093
many such cases
>>
How come literally every woman I know claims to have some sort of "abuse" or "trauma" in their past? I am not exaggerating here, every single one under the age of 40. I feel like claiming to have "trauma" is the new ADHD.
>>
>>106482152
A literal simp. Has no bussiness pretending to be abrasive when hes soft malleable shit in the end.
>>
>>106477735
>No man with a girl's name is based.
Marilyn Manson, Alice Cooper and that one tranny boxer who beat the shit out of an actual chick
>>
>>106477735
>No man with a girl's name is based
Leslie Claypool
>>
>>106477916
tru
>>
>>106482272
>Brian and Vincent are girl's names
>>
>>106482210
everyone has some form of trauma, it's inevitable; the human condition
>>
The moment they started dating, I had a grim feeling this would happen, and that the breakup would likely affect Daughter's future as a band. I feel for the bandmates, Nick Sadler especially who actually composes all of their songs.
>>
>>106477824
She probably has some sort of mental health issue and unfortunately keeps gravitating towards situations like that.
>>
Was his solo album any good?
>>
>>106482390
when everyone has it, no one does
>>
>>106482210
Simple, probably about half of them are lying. Be wary.
>>
>go to comment box for YWGWYW
>everyone is automatically assuming the allegations are true
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty
>>
>>106485621
twitter happened
>>
>>106485621
Social media makes everything one-dimensional and people believe that giving someone the benefit of the doubt is somehow the same thing as victim blaming. Nuance is dead.
>>
Did he yell at her when she was being quite unreasonable? Poor girl
>>
>>106485621
>Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty
Did you just come out of a long coma? We've been in the "Listen and believe (unless it's someone who we don't like)" era for some time now.
>>
>trauma
Today I will hakanpill them
>>
>>106485753
Sounds heckin abusive my dude
>>
>>106485621
twitter and reddit changed everything
>>
The type of shit from that Twitter pic is so fucked up in that she's making it vague to rile up a mob and she knows it. I'm not saying that she's lying, but I'm also not going to say that he's guilty since we have no proof. The problem though is that by being vague anyone could infer anything: he's a rapist, he hits her, he goes on tirades and calls her every name in the book just because she screws up a takeout order... but then also we could find out in a week that the "abuse" was just him not being 'emotionally available' or something that should never have been called abuse.
>>
>>106482210
It's female clout. You're not a Real American Feminist if you haven't been "abused".
>>
Getting flashbacks to that situation with Micheal Gira that blew over and was completely proven exaggerated
>>
File: Lingua-Ignota chart.png (391 KB, 894x2027)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
>>106477539
>>106482093
>>106482152
alright I want to point out Lingua is fucked up and has done this habitually with her BFs, dropping them and making a new album about them. i doubt any of the stories have weight anymore because of how much of a career pattern it is.
>>
>>106478501
well being a hardcore band is cheating, they're often very tightly-knit, unlike stupid white indie girls
>>
>>106486370
kek.
>>
>>106485621
Believe women you fucking chud
#canceldaughters
Also they're 4 cis males and they call themselves Daughters? Problematic much?
>>
>>106477539
>say no or have an argument with lingua
>Be accused of being abusive
literally imagine being in a relationship with this deranged woman
>>
>>106486478
kek
>>
>>106477539

The frontman of an edgy noise rock band might be a piece of shit? No way, how could anyone see that coming?! I like bands like Daughters, Arab on Radar, The Locust and such but is it really that surprisingly when these people turn out to be at least somewhat degenerate? It's literally their whole aesthetic, statistically speaking some of them have to be just presenting their actual personalities in the art.
>>
>He is an abuser. Can’t say more but he just is.
Lel how is this acceptable? I’m such a lefty, but this is just beyond unreasonable. It’s worrying that this is what it takes for women to get their way, a simple statement, not even one example of the alleged. If you’re not ready to talk about it because you’re not healed, then why say anything?
How is any relationship not abusive at this point? Everyone has shitty behavior in some way.
I find it sad that this woman chooses to identify herself as a trauma-ridden victim of everything. She seems so superficial
>>
>>106486624
That's all performance though
>>
>>106488028
>I’m such a lefty
all this is your fault. you flirt with silly ideologies, and loonies take them further. doesnt matter youre not like that, youre leverage for those fools. youre worse than them.
>>
>>106478230
This right here. A lot of men don't know how the fuck to vet women. Seriously just get yourself a cute normie girl. Art hoes are literally the fucking worst.
>>
>>106477539
How to be a woman with no musical talent and success in the Music Business:
1. If you're sexy (or at least if you think you are), show pics of your body. The more you show, the better.
2. Not pretty? No problem, just accuse someone famous (must be a man) of something horrible. Everybody will pretend to care about you.
Congrats, you're now a famous and respected female musician.
>>
>>106477539
So she literally said this to promote her fucking album? lol.
>>
>>106477539
Daughters does not have big enough of a following to get "cancelled" outside getting dropped by a label and going back to where they were
>>
>>106480733
Are you retarded? Artists and songwriters shouldn't write about their own experiences? That's like saying Dylan should never have written any love or breakup songs when several of his classics are directly about his relationships and breakups. And what the fuck do you even mean "allowed to exist"?
>>
All the braindead fucking idiots ITT who think that because she doesn't post a detailed history of her relationship on Twitter she must be lying, holy shit. Fuck off back to /tv/.
>>
>>106489036
>Imagine believing a story just because somone says it happened with no evidence or indication
Fuck off moron
>>
>>106488028
I feel you. I used to consider myself a lefty, but it's getting harder and harder.
Over the last 5 years I have been becoming completely disillusioned with the state of politics.
>>
>>106489517
>>106489036
both are dumb, think ffs
>>
>>106481025
>being this dense
What about posting proof while is happening bitch, instead of claiming shit passive-agressive shit on twitter? Oh because is bs how surprising
>>
I wanna listen to the record but I just know I'm gonna be disappointed
>>
>>106488028
>I’m such a lefty
When are you and your ''comrades'' going to realize that the slippery slope is real
>>
>>106489517
Do you think this is a fucking court case, on twatter of all places, when she even said straight out that she's not comfortable talking about details yet and especially not on fucking twatter?
>>
>>106488028
>to get their way
Get her way in what?
>>
>>106481220
I thought Gaza just broke up, what’s the story? I think Cult Leader is better anyways so I guess I’m thankful lol.
>>
Oh cool, don't care if she's lying or whatever as long as that garbage band goes away it's a good thing
>>
>>106478080
why? its not like he deleted the TBK review after Gira's thing
>>
>>106477824
>makes her bones in a scene full of nothing but hipster faggot, male manipulator soi "males"
>surprised she gets treated like shit consistently
>>
I don't think she's lying about whatever happened to her but the wording is such bs. "Abuser" can mean anything, from being a rude asshole to being violent rapist psycho. Her post is very irresponsible
>>
>>106488948
The missing link, as I said, is that Lingua doesn’t leave it up to the imagination. She puts those she writes about. Not saying she shouldn’t be allowed to write about experience or anything, but if she does do that, it seems inauthentic to then use it as a vehicle to take down people using her Twitter platform. It’s bullshit
>>
>>106477539
Insanely overrated band. You fantano drones have apparently never listened to music that came out before the 10s. Same with bl*ck midi
>>
>>106491102
i have been listening to daughters since canada songs what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>106491102
what do you listen to buddy
>>
File: 1591574566752.jpg (177 KB, 750x403)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
THATS IT IM GONNA PRESS IT
>>
>>106485621
You realize that's why it was made specifically law
Humans are a stupid breed who immediately assume guilt if someone says something happened
>>
>>106491102
Lmao next time do this for an artist that hasn't been recording music for two decades
>>
>>106491102
ok zoomer
>>
>>106477539
Nothing of value was lost. I could do without noise rock for pretentious suburban crackers tbqh.
>>
She’s mentally ill
>>
>DATER OF ABUSERS COMES OUT TO SAY HER EX IS AN ABUSER
I can't wait for her next album to be an Alexis hatefest.
>>
well this should be fun

t. not a fan of either artist
>>
Annoying, white bitch.
>>
>>106492545
What's that some kind of alcohol or some kind of spaghetti sauce?
>>
>>106491102
kek I've been listening to them since Hell Songs. Way before melon
>>
>>106477539
>DOA
What's that
>>
>>106477539
Lingua is definitely a Borderline Personality
>>
>>106492627
American ready-made pasta sauce in a glass jar.
>>
>>106490524
Vocalist was accused of rape, band broke up because of that and then formed Cult Leader without the vocalist - both parties involved retracted their statements. I think you can find articles about what happened on Metal Sucks or something
>>
>>106492545
Haha very random!
>>
>>106492696
dead on arrival
>>
>>106492696
How fucking retarded are you?
>>
>>106492739
Post more
>>
>>106485810
Based and BAPist circle pilled
>>
You just know this bitch has an insufferable presence in real life.
>>
>>106493444
how much does this bitch use twitter
>>
>>106493850
every day
>>
Alex should commit to it and strangle this bitch to death in a Wendys and then kill himself with a suicide by cop.

We're talking GG Allin tier legend at that point.
>>
>>106489036
You literally abused last week. If you deny my story being true and call me a liar, well that's pretty fucked up. No, I don't need any sort of proof, and yes, I will be vague about what happened. You're guilty and that's My Truth.
>>
>>106478501
>Angel Olsen, Chelsea Wolfe
What's wrong with these people? I've never heard of them being particularly grating or manipulative or what have you. Olsen is boring indie stuff but Wolfe is pretty good. Never heard of Emma Ruth Rundle. Lingua and Phoebe are both complete trash though, both as people and musicians.
>>
>>
>>106488028
trust women you incel chud

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.