[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1633966825767.jpg (129 KB, 1024x1280)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
Old /mu was infinitely better than the current shithole called "mu", just like rym or any other site. Even metal archives has threads about "misogynic brutal death metal" .

People used to be enthusiastic, passionate and genuinely interested in music. Music was either a source of inspiration or a personal experience, way to discover things on your own and form your own taste. Nowadays people use like it's some kind of a fashion accessory, they don't care about the music itself, all they do care about is seeking validation and following "tastemakers" like blind sheeps, relying on on social media and youtube recs. All these kpop fans, pretentious faggots pretending that they genuinely enjoy japanese jazz, soviet postpunk and azerbaijani traditional music, youtube reaction channels, fake genres ala "vaporwave/slappercore", algorithms and "analyses/essays" is the best example of this. Everything genuine, spiritual, sentimental and symbolic became commodified. Now it's all about trends and marketing. They even dress like subcultures from the past but don't actually participate in the actual culture around it.

Everything that used to be niche got memefied, posted on yt/twitter with "aesthetic" tag, included in "vaporwave remixes", "doomer playlists", becoming rym/mu/reddit-core and receiving comments ala "this slaps, kino, banger" or some lipsyncing gothwhore on tiktok.

They cannot produce or perform any kind of genuine and organic type of music. Everything got reduced to lazy sampling and tape mangling, everything genuine is replaced with faux corporate identities, global trends, forced marketing, monetization.

But the real things like subcultures, local underground scenes, record labels, cult bands, the rebelious youth that would represent an era and the product of its time are gone.

The joy and the value of exploring and discussing are completely gone.
>>
>>106468183
im not reading all that, thanks for the seamen demon pic
>>
I keep getting older they stay the same age yes they do huh huh huh
>>
>>106468183
not reading anything but saved to have a wank later cheers
>>
>>106468183
Honestly same, it seems like it's even taboo to talk about how music culture has gone to shit these past few years. Now we're "gatekeeping" and "angry old men yelling at clouds" but it just used to be so much more pure...

Don't get me wrong, music itself is still on an upward trajectory, with great releases coming out very few months, but the general reception has shifted from genuine enjoyment to vapid demonstration of coolness.
>>
>>106468183
It doesn't matter, music is now completely dead due to AI.
In 10 years you will be able to make a Beatles, Beach Boys, The Smiths etc song from scratch, featuring their actual vocals and the actual instruments used in their sessions.
It's all over.
I think Bowie would get a big kick out of it.
>>
>>106468314
It's a possibility, but imo Arts is the only field were robots won't be able to 100% emulate what a human can achieve. See Holly Herndon's 2019 PROTO: it's a fun novelty album produced mostly by AI, but it lacks the feeling, soul and meaning of a regularly composed record, this is because AI can emulate the passion behind certain sounds, but can't feel it itself.
If you want a practical example of how people just don't want to hear reiterations of famous musicians, simply think about Gretta Van Fleet and how horrible the reception was over their Zeppelin infused sound.
>>
>>106468183
Who is this fine lady?
>>
sounds like it's peer marketing and discussion/content-neutering internet politicians that ruin /mu/ for you
>>
who is this booba demon?
>>
BOOBA UGHHHHH
>>
>>106468183
>Nowadays people use like it's some kind of a fashion accessory, they don't care about the music itself, all they do care about is seeking validation and following "tastemakers" like blind sheeps
It was always like this with majority of poulation (aka normies).
You're correct about rest of the stuff tough. There are no subcultures among zoomers. Nanny state and corporations effectively tough them to never ever stick out of the crowd.
>>
>I was LE BORN IN LE WRONG GENERATION O____O
this is you, OP
>>
>>106468183
no, people like you ruined /my/ by thinking with your penis Instead of your head and posting ugly methed out whores with their breasts hanging half way out to farm engagement with your posts because you are too intellectually weak enough to engender it organically. fuck you, you are worse than the people posting kpop sluts because unlike you they are at least not completely disingenuous in their motivations. get off the board
>>
>>106468183
>reddit spacing, lustful image, and bitching about your own generation
what exactly was the point of this thread?
>>
File: 1632403762492.png (1.7 MB, 750x1334)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>>106468183
RYM was fun before dickheads like this started spamming it with scripts
>>
This entire site, and the internet in general, was ruined by normfags/ledditor late 2000s & early 2010s. The zoomers came in immediately afterward to defile it further. This is why mew is such a dead, slow, piece of shit board. Kill normalfags.
>>
Zoomers are the most creatively bankrupt generation in moder and history, they have absolutely nothing to define them except stealing and appropriating others culture
>>
>>106468719
Zoomzoom spotted
Fuck off back to Tiktok
>>
>>106468749
When did kpop general become so fucking popular?

I used to get so many good recs on here and in sharethreads, but every other post is shitty tryhard memeing and there's this massive kpop general.
>>
>>106468183
/mu/ was never good, you're just getting old
>>
/mu/ is actually at a peak right now, better than the last 10 years
>>
>>106469317
/mu/ weekly listening threads and the sharethreads were great for finding and discussing new music
>>
>>106469126
Kpop threads are not about the music either.

>>106469317
Wrong. It might've never been good but it wasn't THIS shit before.
>>
>>106469126
kpg has been going through a thread every couple of hours since 2013, i don't think it's really connected to the death of sharethreads and whatever else happens on /mu/
>>
File: le wrong generation.jpg (202 KB, 1500x750)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>106468719
>>
File: 1633954014855.png (179 KB, 649x619)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>>106468183
>Mfw I'm one of the zoomers op is crying about
>>
>>106468183
grow up faggot
mucho texto
>>
>>106468183
imagine taking the time to write that on a childrens forum. the majority of music has been a 'fashion identity' or corporate garbage since long before you were born, you retard
>>
>>106468183
based, fuck zoomers
>>
>>106468183
>>106468312
>>106468996
>>106469053
>>106469482
>>106469108
>>106469631
>>106469631
Gonna cry about it?
>>
File: 689 (1).jpg (175 KB, 1360x868)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>106469482
>>
>>106468183
the coof pandemic didn't help. all existing live music scenes killed, indy dive venues closed some never to return. what would have been interesting is the pandemic WITHOUT the means for web posting audio. what would have happened to music without live streaming artists or yt releases?

pretty much what you say is true though. we are the end of new unique and interesting creative music. all the record majors are now 100% risk averse so you will never have anyone taking a chance on new undiscovered styles of unique music in the foreseeable future. blm and trannys have commodified pop styles to generic nigga trap, rap and hypershit.
maybe things will turn the corner. i doubt it.
zoomzooms have been captured by 24/7 web device streaming. its all been concentrated and controlled, and zoomies are all sheeple doing what they're told and what to like.
fucking lemmings deserve the mediocre garbage they get
>>
>>106468183
Who's the girl?
>>
>>106468183
I can agree with most of your sentiment, but I disagree with analysis/essays part. I think it's another way of enjoying music, at least for those that make them. The aesthetic shit and even more made up genres fucking sucks, the youtube reaction channels too.

I like some of the memes, I think gusic threads are fine. It's like brown threads that were popular some years ago.

Other than that, I invite you to be the change you want to see in this board. Make a discussion thread for the band/album/whatever you are enjoying right now.

Also, algorithms have made pop music better in some regards, in others it feels like ADHD shit for the masses. I like it, but hearing too much of it feeds too much the shitty side of the music industry.

>>106469442
kpop and wpop are coomer threads. I get people like greasy choli, but we've already had the discussion many times. Wait at least a week to bring it up again anons.

>>106469658
Have a (You).
>>
>>106469658
Jesus fucking christ. At least come up with some sort of original thing to say if you want to try to be an edgelord. Stop being boring and cliche
>>
>>106468183
You're absolutely right, and it's not limited to just music (though, that's something we all clearly care about on this board). What you're describing is just the general trend of using memes as a replacement for genuine thought and feeling, as a replacement for exploration and individuation. It's an inevitable part of what happens when the internet meets a populace that is largely oriented toward being followers, toward trend hopping and passivity as a way to maintain belonging and an "easy life".

Memes have existed long before the internet, but have become so easy to share, and cater to one of our baser impulses-- to streamline and simplify thought so that we don't have to put as much effort into re-thinking things again and again.

I've noticed this trend in every domain. The desctruction of the underground, the loss of the genuine and divergent, the evaporation of sincerity. All of it replaced by the most popular memetics in that given field.

Obviously, this is a win for any business or industry marketing to people, because what is most likely to sell is already right there in front of all our faces. So more of that gets made and "upvoted" in society again and again.

Through this process, we lose all nuance, and most of the fertile creativity that made scenes and the gathering of sincere like minded people so special. It used to be that if you ended up in an underground scene, it was because that was your own sincere passion. You probably had to fight to maintain your own sense of self, and ended up gravitating toward other people who felt similarly. Sure, there was a tribal sense of belonging and groupthink in scenes, but there was also much more individuality within each scene as well. New ideas emerged and mutated organically.

It used to be that being a trendhopper or a "poser" was one of the worst things you could be. Now we see people literally posing everywhere both online and in real life for the optics (1/2)
>>
>>106471466
Nice blog post idiot
>>
>>106468183
too long didnt read
>>
>>106471488
>>106471509
go listen to donda for the thousandth time
>>
>>106468183
maybe read blogspots instead of mainstream social media sites
>>
its almost like the popular became so stupidly obvious about its profit intentions, and the niche became embraced by the new generation huh
this is definitely not like how "nirvana was ruined" in the 90's because some wannabe althoes started singing smells like teen spirit or rape me
history repeats itsself and now its more obvious due to the internet, there's still music to be enjoyed independently from the rest, and you can try and separate yourself from the mass with a few other people, 4chan was a niche early on, yeah, now its not, how do you think it will maintain its niche quality without being niche?
music has not worsened or something, its just a different flavor, like how grunge was not ruined, and metal was not ruined by hair metal or whatever its called, trends just end as they begin
as for kpop and that other stuff, its the most obvious market grab, yet that also combines with the fact this place has become a "cultural market grab", or have you not come here (post 2016) for the sick anonymous or the wicked le orange man support?
so fuck you music is fine, go listen to some hexd or something
>>
>>106468183
>he doesn't like Japanese jazz, soviet postpunk and azerbaijani folk
Lmao, it's very bold of you to out yourself as a pleb like this, anon, but now I know your ramblings are worthless.
>>
>>106471536
I listen to The Olivia Tremor Control
>>
>>106468183
Ah, another sobfest written by a lonely millennial. This board totally doesn't have enough. keep going!
>>
>>106468183
seething boomer
>>
>>106468183
It will only get worse.
>>
(2/2)
People copping the hair, clothing, and opinions of other movements that came before them without even being a part of those movements. People trying to emulate the sound of styles just to vainly include it in their image. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy. Posers are the norm now.

Peoples knowledge in all these fields are actually shrinking as they lose the scope in order to hone in on the memes. Many of the aspects that made the art of the past so compelling and clever is being lost in translation.

We are facing a form of collective ego death, where a force (the internet) is interrupting the pattern of every modern culture on the planet, and all our legacy cultures and ways of life. But instead of transcending and allowing that to happen gracefully, we are all spooked and collectively too underdeveloped (read: immature as fuck psychologically and spiritually) to adapt to this process with grace, so what we see instead is the collective cultural version of a really bad trip, where society is awkwardly trying to cling to any vestige of status while it all melts down into a sea of mutual mimicry and mockery, neither of which are pretty or a healthy way forward.

We have mutated. And not in a good way. And not just metaphorically, but literally. As a culture. As a world of cultures. And as biological beings.

You'd have a hard time persuading me when comparing, say baby boomers and zoomers, that a great mutation hasn't taken place. In just a couple generations, we have become disgustingly strange and unrecognizeable. I'm certain of it.

At this point, I think the death of all meaning and touchstones of identity is inevitable, as terrible as that is. I think the only way out is through, the surf the great change rather than be pummeled by the wave. It's time to be post of whatever you used to be, bring along what was meaningful to you in the past, but don't look for meaning in the same places in the future.
>>
>>106468183
no
>>
>>106471488
deal with it, smooth brain. It's just words, they won't kill you.
>>
>>106471749
Cope
>>
>>106468211
>>106468291
>>106469658
>>106471488
>>106471509
>>106471601
>>106471682
zoomer attentionlet coping
>>
>>106471786
>when you say cope to a cope comment because you don't have anything original to say
point proven, thank you
>>
>>106471812
nothing to cope about if i dont even know what hes talking about
>>
>>106471837
What do you honestly expect? You’re posting a fucking essay onto 4chan.
>>
>>106471868
You upset at a few words and an invitation to think? Go shitpost somewhere else then. This thread is for the big boys who can handle ideas.
>>
>>106471953
Are you this insufferable around your friends?
>>
>>106469317
this
>>
>>106471986
Again with the basic bitch tier commentary. Seriously, grow a soul and come back to us when you have
>>
>>106471580
>blogspots
these still exist?
>>
>>106468183
giv name, you retards
>>
>>106471986
Jesus, stop arguing like you're in a Twitter thread, you Zoomers really are the worst.
>>
>>106468183
>People used to be
>Music was
>Nowadays
>Now it's all about
>Everything that used to

I've been around long enough to get what you're saying, but maybe the people who used to care enough about the state of an anonymous music board grew out of it or moved elsewhere.
>>
As a zoomer I feel like Gen Z is the first generation of young people that genuinely don't give a shit about anything, and that scares me. Literally every other generation had something to actually fight for and be angry about besides Gen Z. The people around me have no core beliefs, no passions, no ambitions. They don't even have morals, they just change their opinions based on whatever is popular at they time. They don't even truly care about the sort of issues that you would expect zoomers to care about (BLM, LGBTHIV shit, whatever), it's all just empty virtue signalling with no real action. They have zero sense of direction in life. Nobody I know has any idea what they want to be when they grow up. There are no subcultures or cliques anymore, they're just a giant herd of a lemmings, and someday they're going to fall off that cliff.
>>
Kpop sluts can dance better and have better produced albums than your favorites though
>>
>>106468412
>imo Arts is the only field were robots won't be able to 100% emulate what a human can achieve
that's where you're wrong. they will be able to achieve it, but it will take human curators to sort it all out and tweak. we are almost past the point where anything truly "new" can be made. it is now all about infinite variations of synthesizing the past. Within a few decades it would take an artistic ubermensch the likes of which the world has never seen in order to create something original.
>>
>>106472739
Oldfag Gen Xer here. Its been that way at least as far back as Gen X, probably earlier. What you're describing is just part of being that age. When I was 20 it was the same fucking thing, and was probably more or less the same thing when my boomer parents were 20 as well, the only difference being that they had more clear cut gender roles and a functioning economy to incentivize them into doing something.

I'll tell you this though: if you stay stuck in that unmotivated, uncaring limbo and don't decide to do anything, your life will suck and it will get harder and more stressful the older you get. You don't have to do just one thing for life, you can change a bunch of times, but do shit and try shit. You'll develop skills along the way that will be handy for the moment when you realize that there is something you care about and want to do. The upside is that it's never been easier to make money on random niche shit, or easier to learn how to do anything.

It took me a long time to be able to say this, but doing something is better than doing nothing, and will make your life infinitely more rewarding.
>>
>>106468183
>go to your local shows
>support your local bands and venues
>go to record stores
>meet people
>make connections
>have fun
>>
File: 1607723658232.jpg (30 KB, 720x697)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>106468183
you are going to get old, you are going to die, and the world will go on without you, not even missing a nanosecond beat
>>
>>106468183
Just ban rap and pop and the board will improve exponentially.
>>
File: no fun.png (993 KB, 593x647)
993 KB
993 KB PNG
>>106473095
fun bad
>>
>>106473122
*and the board will die
>>
>>106470258

The funniest part is that they don't know how to google simple images (or use yandex). All they can do is post the same frog/feelsguy images and spit buzzwords. Truly the most braindead and helpless generation so far.
>>
>>106472849
true
>>
>>106473122
>ban the 10 people that are keeping this dead board afloat
>>
File: Xv0ojZkmNs.png (498 KB, 663x590)
498 KB
498 KB PNG
>>106468183
You are right OP. In fact it isn't just /mu/. Zoomers as a whole have the worst taste in music. Boomers probably lead the greatest revolution in music history with music theory backed experimental genres and crossovers, new genres and improvements on old. Gen X did a splendid job keeping the torch lit with a depressing take. Millennials did a good job too. Zoomers on the other hand are the biggest retards ever. Their "music" and "music tastes" are just as you said. If you find a Zoomie that "likes music" then most likely it is some [spoiler]c[/spoiler]rap trap pretentious song. If you thought Country music wasn't country ten years ago then just listen to the country music Zoomers call Country.
>>
>>106473803
>Millennials did a good job too.

Lost me here
>>
>>106473744
>*that are hindering music discussion
>>
>>106472739
>LGBTHIV
i have a right to date who i want and not get jumped and ostracized from my high school like i did before thank you
but the rest blm indigenous peoples month etc is genuinely virtue signaling
>>
Not reading. Shut the fuck up and get off my board you also fuck
>>
>>106473925
post what music you listen to and explain why zoomers and their mindset isnt destroying this board
also
>your board
likely newfag
>>
Rym is still too useful a site for me to abandon
Don't care if I have to navigate a sea of trannies and women to find a decent release on a chart
>>
>>106468314
Can confirm. Been using Midi kits, sample kits and a bunch of macros to automate trap beats that I sell to zoomers through a paid youtube channel.

It works, they keep commenting their shitty lyrics, the money keeps flowing in. And all I do is watch the computer do everything by itself. I hardly call it making music but when people can't tell the difference, they just buy my beats because they hope they can get some more popularity too. They don't actually like making Music.
>>
File: heythatsgood.gif (2.88 MB, 480x270)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB GIF
>>106468183
Sauce?
>>
>>106468314
No it won’t
>>
>>106468183
/moo/ died in 2011, just let it go.
>>
>>106468183
She should sit on my face
>>
>>106473844
Gen X oldfag reporting back in. He's not wrong though. There were a bunch of great bands and musicians that came out of the Millenial generation. Granted, plenty of trash too, but that's true of every generation. Sadly by comparison, there is no good music that has come out of Zoomers yet. Not even Willy Eyelash is good
>>
>>106468183
Name?
>>
>>106474193
Damn, this is a great idea. I guess it's all in the marketing though. You care to link your channel?
>>
>>106474651
Seem. N. Dimann.
>>
>>106472739
Im 20 yo zoomer and I feel the same way, my friens dont believe in anything but they all share the same vapid infographics on instagram, shout about whatever the newest outrage of the week is. Theyre "leftists" but that doesnt really mean anything anymore, I hate leftism but Id respect them a little more if they actually read some fucking books rather than consuming their own political ideology through a screen.
>>106472901
I do think its kind of my age range, I think the internet exacerbates this issue though. All my friends are sliding into the lower class when their parents are pretty well off and worked hard to provide them oppurtunities, simply because theyd rather fuck around than invest in their future. Im not even anti fun like some people who say shit like this, you can still goof off and go to parties and shows and balance that with school/ furthering your prospects (I do this), but so many of my peers seem perfectly content to just slip into poverty it makes me sad.
>>
>>106473852
How? Rap is music
>>
>>106471998
ask me how i know you have 95IQ
>>
>>106474706
>I do think its kind of my age range, I think the internet exacerbates this issue though...
Really valid points, and I do see what you're describing as well. What started as perhaps a more fringe issue with my generation has become widespread and mainstream with yours. Godspeed to you, anon
>>
>>106474761
thanks bro, its just so easy to feel like youre doing something or believe in something when you can just consoom whatever it is on the internet without actually doing anything. Cheers have a good one
>>
>>106468183
i swear to god zoomers are turning into slavs
>>
>>106468183
>All these kpop fans, pretentious faggots pretending that they genuinely enjoy japanese jazz, soviet postpunk and azerbaijani traditional music

Yeah you can

t. Slav with Azerbaijani friends and Korean gf

Also imagine getting filtered by Nikolay Kopernik and Sevil of all things, back to plebbit dude.
>>
>>106468183
>Old /mu was infinitely better
full of p4k and fantano drones, sure. only discussing hyped indie rock artists. sure
>>
>>106468183
I need a name
>>
>>106469378
you can thank me later
>>
>>106474908
you do realize p4k was actually great right?
>>
File: 1600598675708.png (185 KB, 1631x1859)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>106474908
>>106474940
>>106474988
>>106475059
>>
>>106474908
Fantano is a /mu/ plant, we literally made him.
>>
>>106474843
You're not only an obvious genre tourist, but an annoying real world tourist as well.
>Nonono guys it totally clicked for me my super real hot Korean gf introduced me to Kpop!
>>
>>106474904
laughing so hard at this
>>
>>106468698
there's the subculture of tiktok and lgbt
>>
>>106475084
Kys I want a name
>>
>>106470173
Best post
>>
>>106468183
>/mu
Retarded tourist
>>
File: 1632711279161.jpg (188 KB, 1280x1818)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>106468183
I agree but what's so wrong about soviet post-punk faggot, I like shit from other countries
>>
>>106468183
this applies to literally all music generations since the 60s except replace social media/youtube with radio/TV hosts and boomer critics (Christgau, Scaruffi, Lester Bangs, etc.)
>>
>>106475677
It's not at all like those generations, because the landscape of musical subcultures was coalescing around something new and vital for the youth to replace what the boomers liked, whereas the landscape at the moment is on fucking life support
>>
who is the pic in OP?
>>
>>106472082
yes, they are very useful for finding music and information on artists that isn't widely known
>>
>>106475958
just because you don't know about what innovations are going on in modern music doesn't mean they don't exist. maybe branch out from /mu/ and Fantano sometime and you'll see that music is alive and well.
>>
File: woa.webm (2.87 MB, 1200x1000)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
not reading all this. i hope mu is going well
>>
>>106476069
Care to cite literally any band or artist heralding something new or are you just gonna be contrarian?
>>
>>106476131
I'm not spoonfeeding you but I recommend exploring more niche genres on sites like Bandcamp.

However I'm sure you're just gonna reply to this post with something like "lol Bandcamp is shit" so I'm probably wasting my time.
>>
>>106476131
Not that anon but what was the last band that contributed something new in your eyes?
>landscape of music is on fucking life support
This year alone has had so many good albums for practically every genre you can imagine. You really don't like any of the 600+ albums released this year?
>>
File: 1619127380115.png (325 KB, 1087x1007)
325 KB
325 KB PNG
>>106476488
>>
File: soi24.png (456 KB, 1200x1556)
456 KB
456 KB PNG
>>>106476488
>>
sounds like me 10 years ago, get over yourself

plenty of genuine shit out there, you’re just not even trying to look for it
>>
>>106468183
blame the jannies
this board has the most zealous faggoty over sensitive jannies on all of 4chan
>>
>>106476653
>plenty of genuine shit out there
Agreed
>>
>>106476697
kek
>>
I think the internet has put music in a good position content wise. Niche artists are better able to find an audience and making music is more accessable than ever. On the other side of the coin, music "scenes" are kind of dying, any given city doesnt have a unique music scene and the physical culture of going to a concert and meeting a bunch of people who like what you like is diminished.
>>
>>106468183
/mu/ has always been crap.
It was better when you had to go to specific forums that were set up to discuss a band.
Fucking ghettoization like /mu/ or Reddit is lame and only attracts tourists, poseurs or the genuinely clueless.
I only come here to fap to the kpop girls.
>>
File: 30-years-of-music-sales.png (217 KB, 1070x688)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>106477109
Complete opposite is happening actually. The internet has made the music industry too saturated. Now it's almost impossible to find genuine talent in an endless sea of mediocrity because now the average schmuck in his bedroom can shit generic beats out faster than a Chinese child worker can shit out Hallmark Greeting cards
>>
Whomst be thine bringer of mine cum?
>>
zoom and enhance please fine gentlemen
>>
>>106477186
>The 90's were the golden age of record sales.
I always thought it was the 70's.
I'm surprised
>>
File: 1610552532977.png (460 KB, 666x666)
460 KB
460 KB PNG
>>106476569
>>106476638
>>
>>106477292
The 60s to 70s we're basically dominated by a small handful of legendary acts. The 80s was when the popular music industry started getting more diverse and the 90s was the peak, the perfect blend of genuine talent but a high level of diversity. Look at the average one-hit wonder from the 90s, they were all from some weird underground regional subculture. Shit was wild
>>
>>106476488
>massive reply
>wojak
i wonder if you really know how subhuman you are, I hope you find a good reason to live beyond this Mongolian forum
>>
>>106470258
Prolactin is the hormone that induces lactation right?
How is it related to motivation?
>>
i am a seethe demon
i feed of people seething
i grew 500% in size just from reading this thread
thank you
>>
>>106478160
>i grew 500% in size
lose weight you fatass
>>
>>106470258
Where to cop antilactin
>>
>>106477980
>How is it related to motivation?
It isn't. It's related to the creation of neurons in both men and women and testosterone in men.
>>
>>106478217
I think you're just making him grow, you pissed off homonculus!
>>
File: Aurora eating nachos.jpg (14 KB, 236x288)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>106468183
>Old /mu was infinitely better than the current shithole called "mu"
You say this as you write yet another wall of text about things you hate with a purple passion. Was old /mu/ also filled with more "I hate this shit" posts than "This is really good, and I wonder if anyone else thought so?"
>>
Hey man anything like /mu/ can hardly constitute a legitimate “scene” in music, neither right now nor the /mu/ of ten years ago. This is an anonymous Internet forum, this does not count as a real community and never has.

Go to your local shows and talk to those people, that is where you will find the rich experiences you are so nostalgic for here.
>>
>>106473709
Mind you, I use reverse image search on OP pic and that only leads me to that russian imageboard everytime. The girl is probably name arina_gp, but I'm not sure
>>
>>106479382
kek
>>
File: download.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Do you guys know any calm and joyful songs like pic related? I was hearing some classical music, but most of them are way too emotional, "epic" or sad for what I'm looking.
Want something that could be played at a meeting.
>>
>>106479610
Lol, I wanted to make a thread, mb.
>>
>>106476488
post physiognomy
>>
>>106473976
>thinking women are the problem
What
>>
fun fact: old /mu/ didn't die, we just went elsewhere
if you know your shit, you will know where to find us
>>
File: hospice.jpg (187 KB, 1920x1080)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>106480545
I guess I didn't get the memo.
>>
>>106471536
why can't you cope that kanye made another masterpiece?
>>
File: 1632802586110.jpg (125 KB, 600x777)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>106468183
millennial here from /biz/,
I'm not reading any if that.

But that's a nice looking man.
>>
>>106480505
only on rym desu
>>
>>106476245
>>106476502

Im not the guy you were replying too, but bandcamp has been known of for at least a decade. There dont seem to be any identifiable new genres with real legs cropping up. And frankly I dont think scenes can exist and last completely digitally. Music is often a very physical artform. So no, bandcamp isnt shit and most wouldnt say it is. Whether or not I like an album makes no difference, we are discussing progression/stagnation.

What I think we are seeing is the final stage of individuation. I think zoomers kind of have it right, all the caring, protesting, etc. has amounted to nearly nothing. This generation is going to go through the motions untill things get unbearable and will come upon the realization that ALL modern culture is ephemeral and shifting, and this is the last stop. If we're lucky only the most valuable traits of legacy culture will get pulled through.

The time for music/fashion/art as a cultural touch stone is over as we know it. It failed, as the 60s hoped it would not.
>>
>>106468183
I still see 5 threads about weezer and Poo reed everyday. shit hasn't changed.

>vaporwave remixes
so ten years ago?
>>
>>106468183
Boring boring BOOOOOOOORINGGGGGGGGGG BORRRRRRRIIIIIIIIINBG BOOOOOOOORRIRRRRRRRRIRIIIIIIIIIIIIINFGGGGGGGG BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING
>>
>>106480545
le discord
>>
does redacted have a good community?
>>
>>106480759
kek how your 'coins' looking there bruh fr no cap
>>
>>106475059
no it wasn't. most of p4k indie era hypes are second rate. the poptimist era is worse and im saying it as someone who can enjoy nice pop music which isn't something p4k hypes
>>
>>106481675
>I dont think scenes can exist and last completely digitally
lol wut
there are even scenes within different music distribution platforms lol
>>
>>106475102
I don't listen to Kpop, I listen to other Korean and Asian shit. Also it is not tourism, it is Cosmopolitan thinking. Have fun staying in one sad depressing shithole for the rest of your life.
>>
>>106475629
Soviet Post-Punk is peak 80s music, westoids hate to admit it, simple as.
>>
>>106482474
They bussin bruv, on God senpai
>>
This thread is still up only because /mu/ is full of very horny people
>>
File: 1633875626629.gif (38 KB, 96x96)
38 KB
38 KB GIF
>>106468183
2002 zoomer here. Yes, a LOT of faggots my age are total fucking retards that have no incentive for anything creative. I understand being young fucking sucks and that no one likes some schmuck saying he was born in "le wrong generation", but I think we're past that to believe it's the end of all things to come. I've been playing my guitar for almost two years now and have been creating various new original ideas that could be used just to put good shit out there besides getting big. Also, I've been singing when I was younger as my voice sounds distinct and unique compared to anyone else. Hopefully when I get more people involved with what I want to create, I'm damn sure to release something that works to break the derivative. No more fake bullshit and just have fun making tunes.
>>
>>106472901
hahaha
imagine being this much of a loser
kys
>>
>>106477109
you can make more money as an act playing a live gig to 100 people or more than years of being on bandcamp
the "internet has saved music" meme is a lie. even the hugely popular label artists agree with this
>>
>>106480545
FUCK you niggers where did you go? those who leave the chan are faggots forever though.
>>
>>106468183
They are a generation without God, Family, Friends, Culture and a shit load of other things. They have nothing but the Internet, that is it. The old use to use the internet to reflect the real world and what they saw in it. Now, the internet is used to reflect the internet. It is nothing, you are nothing, this is nothing. Embrace the end.
>>
>>106485023
im not saying its good monetarily, but as a music enjoyer you have more choices than ever before, although now you have the trouble of sifting through mountains of garbage
>>
>>106468183
actually true
I've only seen this board go downhill
people who disagree are just newfags
>>
File: The new Mozart.jpg (18 KB, 296x296)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>
>>106468183
I dunno man, you're probably just more aware of it/less tolerant of it now that you're older. I started coming here around 2011/2012 when pleb and patrician was a real dichotomy, and people were definitely trying to present themselves in certain ways to project an image of sophistication. More than likely people were probably even fake scrobbling songs on their last.fm to bump certain artists to their most listened or to get cool and hip 3x3's. /mu/ has always had a culture of image management, at least or the past 10 years I've been coming here.
>>
>>106479382
That's not her. She had a bunch of aliases, but that's not one of them. Apparently she was already retired from posting nudes, according to our russian friends. Here if you just want more
https m2ch.hk gg res 729150.html (cant link it because system thinks it is spam)
>>
Zoomers, you keep doing you. You’re alright in my book.
OP is whining millennial. A whole generation of people what are gonna whine forever the world isn’t the way they think it should be, and did an awful job changing it like they said they would.

t. Oldest genX’er you’ll know
>>
>>106485044
They went to plebbit, nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>106473095
>consoom your local bands and venues
>go to consoomption stores
FTFY
>>
>>106475059
Shit, cat. It's only when you listen to a perfect old jazz tune like this that you realize how much drum-n-bass is derived from this music.
>>
>>106468183
>next generation of music has ruined previous generations of music
Name me a more iconic story
>>
>>106474843
*unzips trousers*
BRAAAAAAAAP
*sniiiiiiiif* *starts to violently masturbate*
G-god, me and my cosmopolitan thinking, I'm... so much.... ugh... better than everyone else!

This is how you sound.
>>
Now this thread is dead i want to say this thread has been the best /mu/ thread in a long time.
>>
>>106468183
BOOBA
>>
>>106477186
who was buying cassettes in 2000, you definitely could not find those at music shops unless you dug in the bargain bin even then
>>
whos the booba in the picture
>>
Tiktok music discussion is all the same few memes that were old 5 years ago, and just flashing an album art on screen as a signifier that you like the "right" thing.

It doesn't even matter if it's good, if it's obscure and in an "in" niche like city pop or doomer post-punk then you get cred. You don't even need to say why you like it.

Chris Ott was right man. Where's the fucking music community these days? Wheres the people for whom music matters?
It sure ain't here, and it sure as fuck isn't tiktok
>>
>>106468183
It's always been that way? It's just that now its available to a greater amount of people, and you are aware of it. Following your own path to discover music is still possible, but a lot of people find it easier to be told what is good and bad because it requires no effort or because they want to be ''in'', as it is with politics, movies, shows, etc.
>>
>>106490515
See >>106486699
Her name is still unclear, but you got some usernames that will lead you to more of her digital footprints
>>
>>106490676
Well put. Youtube fake microgenre "in" niche bullshit shows the really unfortunate place the music community is in.
As long as whatever the fuck song is uploaded with fake genre tags and a ~vibey~ thumbnail people will eat this shit up. Its a complete disregard for the actual content of the music in favor of the aesthetic connotations of that genre. The aesthetic quality of the genre is far more important than the actual music. Its so important that micro-genres are created JUST FOR the aesthetic connotation that they provide. See
>soviet post-punk
>lithuanian phonk
>desu hyperpop
>misogynistic doom metal
>soviet post punk
Thus, music essentially becomes fashion for the sake of looking appealing. Its the musical equivalent of fast fashion. A fast fashion garment has shit-tier quality yet, until its expiration date, it offers a 'cool' and trendy appearance. Who the fuck cares the quality of the garment sucks? It will make me look cool and fit me into a niche aesthetic! Music for Zoomers is just another part of fashion.
:(
>>
>>106485044
>FUCK you niggers where did you go?
i won't tell you over here
>>
>>106490676
>It sure ain't here, and it sure as fuck isn't tiktok
obviously not you fucking retard
the fact that those are even up for consideration shows how much of an idiot you are
>>
>>106488202
Are you implying there is anything wrong with what you just posted?
>>
>>106491876
>mentions Soviet Post Punk twice
Calm down your hateboner man, Soviet Post-Punk is good and the country was big and varied enough to have its own name for a scene. Since you probably don´t really know Soviet Post-Punk well I am gonna drop down some music and piss on this shit thread.

Auktyon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r0Yb3X62IM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQvunBEnWh4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IfusJw-HUM

BUM:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEx12PSiLyc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXHQOqRA6gs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWMJ8v0uSeA

Deputat Baltiki:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd03JVAZ1fk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-0D2kiwguY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4jIHZklKtU

Doctor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXXuRxWou2U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GIjUjopQEU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_ZSccGLsnE

Civil Defense:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3KgrZ0Ngxg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbJKcmL5C6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Z-BPTK3MQ

Ivanov Down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1KV1cLY0Pg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_o1Vvrjy-k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iho6iTk_KOE

Igri:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBtCNcXHrOc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3qO60_0eZs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0FK-p0zLvo

Instructions For Survival:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyMUwAIwWaI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS46GgoyAJs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahoWipAQhMo

Nochnoi Prospekt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT6ecU6jELc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9NfDJSGkWs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC-s8CQpRuM

NII Kosmetiki:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c3ojCdNqwU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ad5IdP2GnM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWOwH3KNDDI
>>
>>106492295
Petlya Nesterova:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MXBS3JTsoc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkcHyqYJP-U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By4hPa8LP-s

Industrial Architecture:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LCdG172ELU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVicg1ZPSiI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAa7jqLWyXo

Retsepti (not Slav but I want to plug them into the mix anyway)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pijPJ-zJhA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-m5UsAYPwo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wlXNPANeVQ

Center:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fg8CI75WXw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvRZz3J5XCg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW7945Ub22Q

Black Lukich:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRUfaC5hS0s

Pekin Rou Rou (music videos made by Zvyagentsav):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFMyvI6iMLk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baK55rtQeFo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9-TSZI8cZk

Dzeltnie Pastnieki:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jlz9RjTb60
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuLxMDgGS4I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD4HrDSgiJY

Football:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHG_E4hzG_4

Manufaktura:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqgFtxlJSs4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og1yxvGZUfU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqVjukTI-mU

Maanam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROkUCEFqa0Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2dcY56PQmE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOTRLxXdMuQ

Strange Games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VRCjehTZa4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E42bUU3nkmI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfWNP83KKOE

Nautilus Pompilius:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkiVZBNpSZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIdErhYVA0k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdsBGvQo5iE

Zero:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsau6LL9AWY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9icSQjQizx4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe-OXR9Vp0g

Kino:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtcjjoipmhY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhxklpqsmFA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRPmZ_ALkmY
>>
>>106492295
>>106492305
Cofe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhRlcToNDYY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxjICH6K7dU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rvAD1cpdQI

Valeriy Chikalov League:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPE11iQqEY0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7_IUDF07po

Republika:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6HRs2zlUnI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYB-TiFQ7hw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtE8K2v9t-c

Alisa:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBgVL0TkWlY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH0Kb4NKRF4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBixr5NcsLg

Vova Blue And The Brothers Of The Mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU1PUsUr3mg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk49NWZLYZo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_O8GN7YYOo

Televizor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP8j42o4P6U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJl3IsEZLno
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5sCUZbsWms

Klaus Mitffoch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYEpv6dvr0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5v9dlQSiwY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QogZ9JglRyo

Maťkovia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOA0ZYY9z-U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shMe_c_fne4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLHrKWVeJVQ

Obyekt Nasmeshok:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhniZ_NQSKk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XFm9-y8tc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPqz1UG9mno

Kult:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJQCyFRsiY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b--x8uw7VdI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE5sSIOpXXY

1984:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvQGeIP3lA4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGXo56eLeak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKwnrSA92B8

Asotsiyatsiya Pih:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANCNLWUQWtg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYrnsCNVCzk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvb4hEyOYh0

Vostochniy Sindrom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQbM7mYr7Ug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwvnazep1IU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVoKluhKM38
>>
>>106492295
>>106492305
>>106492326
Deti:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSbwx-GxGE8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJi_3JsuP8Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiPxYa4mt4c

Younger Brothers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmmp-IEKkMw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR_XYocYc94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tADa97UyGsQ

Private Enterprise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pjnvE9fzpw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__WBbVyQNXk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt2Qc7DRtmA

Heat Committe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA5YymZHWC0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gixd7t7GUC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nObmlfwypl4

Spinki Menta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddoz9O_Fs0M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIvZ6iAbcBA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glWbIrBiW4o

Voo Voo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P76p-GBuzFY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EyQbaLu2Jg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42u3-f3y-D0

Amnistiya:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-iDhSmQag

Tilt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kon_iVyYyI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YFoFGSbXKc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEmS5eO0GSA

Nikolay Kopernik:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgV-ux311Zs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mJVBJ3hxOg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVe3MIiZPi4

Armia Vlasova:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKNTAQ6rIpQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taED_zj7W-8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQLGdokvBzU

Zvuki Mu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTtvprB10kg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZhIvVCWezE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIRHbrxn4Uo

Zig Zag:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPaN_lvTUnE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ProjkB1p56k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ViDdPRr3hY

Voina S Salamandarami:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eoUll6Efuk
>>
>>106492295
>>106492305
>>106492326
>>106492346
Aya RL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqxILsgvrJw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGJCg_Ocx0k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzXJJHXfCNM

Obywatel G.C.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOrXHaOqLL8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vhyMBW4HOg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqGWZBkp_kI

Jumprava:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYecJ-tza5o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea7Du2dflRI

Mattroskaya Tishina:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV1aNlo8Kao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVejzOinDew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA-seqo81oY

Yanka:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ30LK19NNg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogXlqtNa8no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiAPYI2No28

Durnoe Vliyane:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yhvwwDN5Lk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS_i92zwHWA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEIdyBETVsk

Kamikadze:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-DsrPcztI

Brigada S:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r76AUOufhmM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oP0kdPtsCA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efZ3h2vtIBE

Ziyo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmOMxSDc5co

Velikije Luki:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQXIlX4EFz0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsi5BJq_6gw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3-f8X12LY0

Narodnoe Opolocheniye:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11mLs-XeisQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzsdf7vdA8g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udhCF2UF3bs
Bielizna:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EhVgtd27Mo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y_MkK9svZ4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqEccpAz1pI

Yugo Zapad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vv4lx1Pb7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF3fyDTqiCc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HncHaqqv2E
>>
>>106492295
>>106492305
>>106492326
>>106492346
>>106492362
Nikolay Kopernikov:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgV-ux311Zs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVe3MIiZPi4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mJVBJ3hxOg

Boris Raskolnov:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceaJnsg7MdA

Picnic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGtAEMZWLkc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEtswuKUhI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZIhGrLqcR0

Aprelskiy Marsh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3DNVnNtrYE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtxmdfUyJgI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlBzJJ1500E

AVIA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh9LlEf8ID4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oTuLM_xYRE

Agata Kristi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlJveTBvIkg
>>
>>106492295
Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have included that one. But you miss my point. I wasn't attacking any of the music within those micro-genres. Just the way in which the genres themselves are used by Zoomers as fashion statements and taste-making signals. If anything, I'm on the side of the music for the sake of the music.
>>
>>106468183
RYM was specifically ruined by trannies
the site is completely infested with them now and they cry in every shoutbox about "misogyny", "transphobia" and "nazis"
>>
>>106490206
there are some very underground scenes that still used cassettes after cds became popular
>>
>>106469482
it's weird that the person who made this comic can't envision somebody who listens to both contemporary shit like JPEGMAFIA (one of the most popular rappers of our time) and canonized shit like Hendrix, The Beatles, and Pink Floyd (three of the most popular artists to ever exist, full stop)
>>
>>106468183
yup, but its fun sodomizing the little nymphos
>>
lol this bait thread is still alive? this board really is dead
>>
File: d04.png (37 KB, 431x471)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>106468183
vaporwave has been a thing since 2010 you geriatric
>>
>>106492703
It is just a thread
>>
>>106492703
>everything I don't like is b8
This is your brain on 4chan(nel).
>>
>>106493528
except this thread specifically is actually bait
>>
The only good things that zoomers brought are the nu-metal re-evaluation and tranime dnb. But holy shit are they obnoxious with their virtue signalling bullshit. Cancel culture got to an all-time high with them. >>106492521 is right.

At the same time though, a lot of millennials have bad taste. Music sucked way harder in the 2000s up to the mid 2010s. I mean, emo? Indie rock? Post-punk? Trap? Scene shit? Dubstep? Electropop? 80s revival? Hipster shit? Holy fuck, get the fuck outta here.

t. millennial
>>
>>106494369
WTF are you talking about? a lot of shit kids nowadays listen to is heavily influenced by the 2000s and early 2010s. I mean emo rap, pop with indie like influences, trap is mostly listened by zoomers as well. 80s revival is done by zoomers. Their whole "aesthetic" is heavily influenced by the 2000s and early 2010s.
>>
>>106494369
"Real Emo" only consists of the dc Emotional Hardcore scene and the late 90's Screamo scene. What is known by "Midwest Emo" is nothing but Alternative Rock with questionable real emo influence. When people try to argue that bands like My Chemical Romance are not real emo, while saying that Sunny Day Real Estate is, I can't help not to cringe because they are just as fake emo as My Chemical Romance (plus the pretentiousness). Real emo sounds ENERGETIC, POWERFUL and somewhat HATEFUL. Fake emo is weak, self pity and a failed attempt to direct energy and emotion into music. Some examples of REAL EMO are Pg 99, Rites of Spring, Cap n Jazz (the only real emo band from the midwest scene) and Loma Prieta. Some examples of FAKE EMO are American Football, My Chemical Romance and Mineral EMO BELONGS TO HARDCORE NOT TO INDIE, POP PUNK, ALT ROCK OR ANY OTHER MAINSTREAM GENRE
>>
>>106492295
>>106492305
>>106492326
>>106492346
>>106492362
>>106492376
autism
>>
>>106468183
WHO IS THIS GIRL YOU ABSOLUTE IDIOTS
>>
>>106468183
True like when I search for the archives for bands I like, they were talked about quite often before, but now when I want to talk about them no one even responds.
>>
>>106495076
she was a contestant on 90 day fiance, unrelated to the thread
>>
>>106494369
Kys zoomer. Your ilk have brought nothing to table.
>>
>>106495380
Googling it right now. Don’t you dare lie to me
>>
>>106495076
proof mu is filled with underage zoomers is because literally two dozen "who is she" posts every thread that uses a pic of a girl, they dont know how to use reverse image search lol
>>
>>106478160
Can you post a picture of yourself please
>>
>>106471466
you need this mate.
>>
File: bends.jpg (2.18 MB, 2250x1265)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
>>106468183
>/mu/
>ever good
>>
>>106472896
>Within a few decades it would take an artistic ubermensch the likes of which the world has never seen in order to create something original.
But I'm already here
>>
>>106479610
Sorry anon, I lack the knowledge in that area.
>>
>>106471729
You might like my work, anon. I deal with a lot of the things you touch upon in your post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZCvz3SEpUU
>>
>>106482812
I think your using the term in a much newer way than I am. I couldnt possibly consider a scene somthing that has no ties to the limitations and interpretations of the physical world. No method of speech, dress, dance or meeting just reduces what your talking about to shared discussion on a niche interest is all.
>>
>>106498004
>I couldnt possibly consider a scene somthing that has no ties to the limitations and interpretations of the physical world.
yeah, but that's dumb

>No method of speech, dress, dance or meeting
visual aesthetic is still a thing in online media, and you can also interact with others through chat and video platforms
online concerts are a thing as well, even though those aren't needed to form a scene
basically, vaporwave was a scene, an internet scene, and this is pretty clear to anyone who was involved with the community back then
>>
>>106498646
I've been involved with that scene and mu since 2009. I'm aware that others and even me at the time would've called it a distinct genre. But what were talking about here is tantamount to redefining what a scene means. What is the equivalent to what The Tunnel in the NYC club scene with vaporwave? There is no space. How can I dance? Vaporwave passed on quickly in part because of this imo. What had to be said was said and it lived and died by the play/pause button.

You cant negate the spiritual outlet and energy these 20th century scenes created for others. Can you really say when Ecco dropped that you felt this camaraderie through your headphones?

Again I am arguing that the death of youth culture and associated subcultures needs to be accepted and digital spaces do not and cannot serve the same purpose.
>>
>>106499460
>What is the equivalent to what The Tunnel in the NYC club scene with vaporwave?
Some vaporwave label, probably.

>There is no space.
A scene isn't defined by physical space, it's defined by the close interaction among it's community.

>How can I dance?
You don't need a music genre to feature dance for it to be a scene.

>Vaporwave passed on quickly in part because of this imo.
Vaporwave managed to grow much more than the entire community just making the looped samples of eccojams.

>Can you really say when Ecco dropped that you felt this camaraderie through your headphones?
Can we say the same thing about Sarcofago with its huge influence to black metal in Europe even though they lived in the other side of the world?

>digital spaces do not and cannot serve the same purpose
Well, they can and they do. There is still a physical component, of course, but it's still not necessary.
>>
>>106468412
Good example of this is Kanye, you could feed AI his shit and it would produce endless amounts of high pitched voice-sampled beats, but we're like 50 years away from AI figuring human character development, because in no damn way would AI figure how to realistically evolve from The College Dropout to 808s to Donda.

AI could and would just process beatles discography and produce endless copies of Love Me Do (this happened lol) but never figure out to go from Please Please Me to White Album, the key of artistic soul is still unreachable to artificial silicone and locked within artist soul.
>>
>>106499460
music genres dont need to be danceable to have subcultures formed around them boomer
>>
>>106500045
Then it seems like we wont see eye to eye on this. I argue that a scene shouldn't be expanded to include a shared aesthetic of multimedia, it was more than that, but this really cannot be anymore. The technology has outpaced the basic needs of the everyday person and is instead leading us (and your internet scenes) by the nose.

Up until now, scenes WERE defined by their physical space. A city/club/groups produced art can be exported, but the culture cannot be transplanted. When the art is exported, it morphs due to its new listeners and users. Your arguing basically that everywhere is the same, and environment would have no effect on interpretation either way. This makes no sense.

Dont be obtuse and latch on to my example of dance music either. Does black metal carry the same weight in India as it did in the West?

Also Sarcofago wouldn't even apply here as it influenced a genre that hadnt even been fleshed out yet as we know it, they would not have had a chance to partake in the way scandis would have. Hind sight is 20/20. But to address that point, they at the very least, played/toured and interacted with bands/listeners in the scene (they were not called black metal band).

If you are willing to lie down and die in front of this mutated ghost of what human interaction has become, be my guest.
>>
>>106500426
good god, why is that what people are taking from this? Im not arguing they need to be danceable and you know that too. I am arguing that because the net is largely open to all, with uniform interaction and mores, that its impossible for distinct subcultures to thrive and survive. Would you argue the internet is more or less sanitized than it was 20 years ago?
>>
>>106500632
stop trying to sound like david foster wallace in a 4chan thread its embarassing
>>
>>106484738
spoken like a true 19 year old
>>
>>106500608
>scenes WERE defined by their physical space
I would argue they never were.

>A city/club/groups produced art can be exported, but the culture cannot be transplanted
Sure, but this culture persists in digital forms, like how we have different cultures behind both bandcamp and soundcloud, each with their own peculiarities.

>Your arguing basically that everywhere is the same
It isn't. Just like how it's not the same to make art in Japan and in the US, even though both will be doing it inside a concrete city, neither will digital art be the same across different platforms, even though they are all still digital.

>environment would have no effect on interpretation either way. This makes no sense.
Just to reiterate, that's not what I'm saying.

>Does black metal carry the same weight in India as it did in the West?
No. And does vaporwave carry the same weight in soundcloud as it did in bandcamp?

>they would not have had a chance to partake in the way scandis would have
They were still hugely influential and were widely regarded as such by their contemporaries.

>If you are willing to lie down and die in front of this mutated ghost of what human interaction has become
On the contrary. The soul of human interaction is not bound to either a physical or a digital space, what matters are meaningful and in-depth interactions between minds.

>>106500632
>because the net is largely open to all
technically yes, but not everybody is everywhere at all times when it comes to the internet
let's take minecraft, for example, where "anarchy server" culture is different from that of regular minecraft servers, even though both kinds of servers are accessible to everyone

>with uniform interaction and mores
This isn't correct going by the examples I already gave above.

>that its impossible for distinct subcultures to thrive and survive
It's not just not impossible, those subcultures already exist in the internet.
>>
File: 1628200176333.jpg (53 KB, 500x324)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>106501039
Thats weird because I dont sound like a hack you candy ass fagget.
>>
>>106468183
>Old /mu was infinitely better than the current shithole called "mu"
Saying the past is better than now is cancerous retardation present across this whole website. Shut the fuck up, it was never much better

>People used to be enthusiastic, passionate and genuinely interested in music.
People still are. Maybe go outside and meet people.

>Nowadays people use like it's some kind of a fashion accessory, they don't care about the music itself, all they do care about is seeking validation and following "tastemakers" like blind sheeps, relying on on social media and youtube recs.
These people have always existed, and they are always the majority.

>pretentious faggots pretending that they genuinely enjoy japanese jazz, soviet postpunk and azerbaijani traditional music, youtube reaction channels, fake genres ala "vaporwave/slappercore", algorithms and "analyses/essays" is the best example of this
Maybe people really do enjoy japanese jazz? And so fucking what if they do? You just sound like a manchild who can't accept people enjoying things that you don't get.

>They cannot produce or perform any kind of genuine and organic type of music.
Do you think all music created nowadays is bedroom soundcloud rap. Maybe look around more
>>
>>106501075

The culture does not persist online. It has been captured and preserved by another 3 hour playlist of said genre and removed from all context that surrounded it.

Im more interested in what you think about the points you brought up:

Why were scenes not defined by their physical space (read as origin). Do they not change and grow in a new environment?

What are the peculiarities between soundcloud and bandcamp?

Do you remember vaporwave changing just because it was posted to soundcloud rather than bandcamp which originally held the most important releases?

I know what you mean to say where human interaction isnt bound to the physical or digital as at the very least it has to be one or the other. But rather than argue from theory, in practice, does it seem to you that people are just fine interacting only/mostly online? Are people doing okay mentally out here?

Your arguing culture is just image. No body language, life styles, fashion, meeting places or even foods needed. Just multimedia. All internet is point and click, thumbails, play/pause, upload download, text/image. The very nature of technique and technology itself is create and enforce the most efficient and uniform standards of method. To think we lead the way on this front rather than the other way around is absurd.
>>
>>106474193
You're apart of the problem
>>
>>106484738
We have ourselves a special boy here guy's, stop sucking your own cock and do it instead of posting on this shithole.
>>
>>106501494
>The culture does not persist online.
Neither does it persist in physical form. The early country music culture is dead, for example, as is the culture of electric blues and rock & roll bands. You might want to recreate this atmosphere, but the culture was still temporary, you can't recreate that anymore.

>Why were scenes not defined by their physical space (read as origin). Do they not change and grow in a new environment?
Scenes were influenced by their environment. But an environment isn't only physical. Psychedelic rock was influenced by its environment, among which we can think of the sexual revolution, drug culture, and the vietnam war as important aspects of this environment, and yet none of which are bound to a physical space, which is why those happened in both the UK and the US despite being separated by an entire ocean.

>What are the peculiarities between soundcloud and bandcamp?
For example, soundcloud usually favors singles, while bandcamp usually favors albums, so both platforms have shaped their artists towards these culturally imposed mediums (i say "culturally imposed" because there is nothing stopping you from making an album in soundcloud and a single in bandcamp, but you will still find most of each in their respective platforms regardless). This can be seen in genres as well, like vaporwave being based in bandcamp, while soundclown was based in soundcloud.

>Do you remember vaporwave changing just because it was posted to soundcloud rather than bandcamp which originally held the most important releases?
I'm not sure what you are saying here, sorry. Would you care to elaborate?
>>
>>106501494
>But rather than argue from theory, in practice, does it seem to you that people are just fine interacting only/mostly online? Are people doing okay mentally out here?
I know I am, at least. At the same time, people weren't doing fine in physical spaces anyways. Drug abuse was pretty common over there, for example, usually tied with expectations to perform well to a demanding audience (with lots of famous cases even ending up with suicide).

>Your arguing culture is just image.
No. I'm saying culture is the consequence of human interaction.

>No body language, life styles, fashion, meeting places or even foods needed. Just multimedia.
Well, hard rock wasn't particularly know for it's gastronomy either, and while fashion has been an important element for some genres, it hasn't been for all of them. Same goes with life styles and body language. Vaporwave on the other hand managed to inject culture beyond just music in visual arts, in online concerts, in videos, and actually even fashion (remember Yung Lean?).
>>
>>106468183
All music has been ruined as part of their plan. It's obvious to anyone who has the soul capacity to truly appreciate music, that popular music has been thoroughly corrupted by them and only consists of negative energy spells that entrance NPCs into a cycle of consumption, anger, violence, repeat, ad infinitum.
>>
>>106501605
Okay so we agree that it persists neither online or in physical form? It doesn't matter if it persists in physical form forever. You are correct, it cannot be recreated.

Drugs are quite literally both physical and an expeirence felt through the body and (physical) mind, spiritual interpretations aside. Vietnam is infact a perfect example of how actually having skin is essential to a scene. Mortal peril expressed in art. Drug culture and the summer of love was certainly an american scene. There was no haight ashbury in london. No doubt the ideas spread outward, but to say the UK would produce the same world outlook and culture if the US hadnt is a stretch.

You in a way answered my question you werent getting. Ill say then that maybe singles vs albums in vaporwave mightve changed how the genre was treated across websites. Though frankly vaporwave was never single friendly, it was always about concept and project.

I think it is possible to do okay today, I am doing much better now the more I read and understand where we are. Most people are not though I would argue statistically. On top of drug issues like boomers and X'ers had, we have these today on top of school shootings and outright alienation. (Juice Wrld, lil peep, mac miller, tom petty, etc.). Does one have a better chance at healthy self discovery when interfacing with reality, or curated simulation? I am saying human interaction is STUNTED online.
>>
>>106501975
>Okay so we agree that it persists neither online or in physical form?
Sure

>Drugs are quite literally both physical and an expeirence felt through the bod
Sure, but we are shifting away from a scene being part of a physical space and a scene requiring a physical component. There is a pretty big difference there. This also applies to what you said about Vietnam

>to say the UK would produce the same world outlook and culture if the US hadnt is a stretch
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying they developed different cultures because the people were immersed in different environments (physical, mental, etc), but even then this environment/culture still managed to spread from one country to another

>You in a way answered my question you werent
I'm not sure how. I read your response there but I don't see how, if anything, that supports the point I'm making. Vaporwave would have developed differently if it had been based in another community (like soundcloud instead of bandcamp), and that's an example of environment shaping the culture of a music genre

>Does one have a better chance at healthy self discovery when interfacing with reality, or curated simulation?
Well, what is reality? Is listening to records by people from kilometers away from you reality? Is listening to an album by someone kilometers away from you on bandcamp reality? Is doing drugs for a live show reality? What about listening to a record? To a streamed mix? Is going to a concerts into the thousands of attendants but where you don't know anybody reality? What about online concerts with your friends?

>I am saying human interaction is STUNTED online
Online we have reached honesty levels that were not possible before, as anonymity allows us to break the barriers imposed by society of what is and isn't acceptable, and then we can use those new connections to have deeper connections with others. Lots of people have met their special others in online spaces when they wouldn't them physically
>>
>>106501926
retard
>>
>>106501568
Where else should I post that isn't filled with fucking troons?
Pro-tip: you can't find it.
>>
>But the real things like subcultures, local underground scenes, record labels, cult bands, the rebelious youth that would represent an era and the product of its time are gone.

No they just arent on mu
>>
OP is a fuckin poser, he never experienced old/mu/
nigga doesn't even remember any events or any memes that came from here, nor is he talented with instruments. he got what he wanted, a lively thread of very few people agreeing with hjm
>>
>>106495076
See >>106486699
>>
>>106468183
>>106471466
it's true for movies too, capeshit ruined them, scorcese was right. everything tries to be the avengers now. that bled into video games as well and fucked them up. everything is casualized and tries to be fortnite. now that disney is steeping their hands into anime they'll fuck that up too.
>>
is this the thread where some dude is mad black people invented the blues?
>>
>zoomers have ruined music
>posts a zoom zoom slut
not saying i agree or disagree with your point, but how can anyone take you seriously my man, come on
>>
>>106468183
>Everything genuine, spiritual, sentimental and symbolic became commodified

This isnt just limited to music. Crushing humanity and it's spirit is the name of the game. We live in a world run by lucifierians
>>
>>106468183
I am a zoomer
and it seems like nobody on this board really listens to music.
its a lot of shit talking and pissing on each other and sometimes trying to enforce group think in tastes but i dont think anyone is actually trying to listen to music and appraise it and have their own tastes
and if you share your tastes get ready to be shit on instead of any real conversation
>>
>>106468183
you're a such a fucking pussy dude jesus christ
>>
>>106492613
i can't envision it either desu.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.