[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: giphy.gif (1.13 MB, 480x334)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB GIF
I was on the Facebook account of one of my old friend and I realized he was making music now.
Back in highschool he was basically a jock so I was surprised.
Then I decided to check more guys I used to know in highschool. And 60% of them had soundclouds.
Wow
It's so easy to rap nowadays that everyone is trying to become a rapper.
I don't want to doxx my friend, but to give you an idea, he basically makes mumbly rap where he pretends to be a hopeless heartbroken romantic(I remember him as a jock fuckboy coomer)
What do you think? Do you know people who have tried to become rappers around you? It's like everyone wants to rap nowadays. Why is this becoming so common?

My theory is three-fold :
1. Rap has a low entry point. Anyone can grab a mic and mumble in a microphone, or rap aggressively. Back in the days the standards were a little higher because MCs were expected to be great rhymers, but now literally anyone can rap
2. It's easy to get started. Find a type beat on Youtube and rap over it. Simple
3. People see rappers blowing up out of nowhere and they think "that could be me!". They think "I could be Lil Tecca! I could be Spottemgottem!". Rappers are the modern-day equivalent of rockstars. Everyone wants to be a rockstar, and it seems easy. Like a lottery that you just gotta play long enough until you land a song on Lyrical Lemonade. And now you're rich. Now you're a sensation. Now all the sexy girls twerk to your songs on Tik Tok. Now you are getting a lot of sex with a lot of hot girls. Now people look up to you. Now you're a star. People want that.

Look at pic related. If he wasn't a rapper, he would definitely be an incel. He's a manlet twink with a weak jawline and borderline recessed chin.
But because he blew up out of nowhere thanks to a low-effort rap, he can get a lot of ass. People realize that and want that.
>>
File: 1587087210092.png (1.39 MB, 1337x1400)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>104900084
>>
>>104900084
Nope, I'm good.
>>
>>104900084
Is your friend white? This is important.
>>
>>104900084
Holy autism
Based
>>
>>104900118
He is biracial. Half black half german.
>>
>>104900084
>He's a manlet twink with a weak jawline and borderline recessed chin.
Shut the fuck up with this retarded buzzword salad bullshit. I agree with the rest of your post, though.
>>
>>104900640
t. manlet twink with a weak jawline and borderline recessed chin
>>
>>104900640
I found the black manlet twink
>>
>>104900643
>>104900651
Bots detected.
>>
>>104900084
back in the day the beats were even more lazier then today's music

its also not easy to get started you need to literally invest at least 300 dollars to have decent equipment
>>
>>104900084
This "every kid wants to be a rapper" thing goes back decades. It basically started in the late 90s/early 2000s when PCs got fast enough for an unskilled person to make beats at home with no gear. Basically the beginning of the Fruityloops era. Prior to that, if you wanted to make raps and do all the beats and shit yourself, you needed an MPC, a keyboard, modules, a turntable if you were gonna sample, and either a disk recorder or a fairly expensive computer with a PCI interface.
Basically from the Pentium 3 era onward, complete retards were able to just slap low-effort beats together in cracked FL, record vocals in cracked Cool Edit, and call it good.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.