[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: think tank.jpg (60 KB, 600x600)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Easily their best album, and possibly better than any gorillaz record. I sure hope that /mu/ recognizes its quality.
>>
It does have some gorillaz influence over it but overall yes it's a great listen front to back (especially if you start with the hidden bonus track) and severely underrated
>>
>inb4 crazy beat is the worst thing ever
>>
>>104896294
Based opinion.
>>
>>104896294
Honestly, there isn't a Blur album I don't enjoy. It's a good one OP, a real good one
>>
>>104896294
cringe banksy cover
>>
>>104897320
banksy can be cringe, but this particular cover isn't. detach it from the character.
>>
Bases opinion, Sweet Song is absolutely fucking lovely and might be my favourite song in Damon's entire discography
>>
>>104896294
Love this album OP I agree
>>
>>104896294
Definitely not, and Gorillaz fucking sucks, except for maybe 3 songs.
>>
>>104900233
fuck you buddy
>>
>>104896294
okay but I could still listen to a good band instead
>>
>>104896294
It's just behind 13 for me. And yes, definitely better than any Gorillaz album imo.
>>
I need to be in the mood to listen to some tracks like Jet and Brothers And Sisters, but it's a brilliant album all the same.
>>
Sucks that Albarn slagged it off not long ago. I think Coxon's been in his ear about it since the reunion.
>>
Absolutely based. Love this album, even if it isn’t the most “Blur”-y sounding. It helps that I love Phase 1 Gorillaz, whose impact and influence still lingered with Damon on this album. Ambulance, Out of Time and Sweet Song, among many others, are fucking great. Crazy Beat and We’ve Got a File on You can get lost, however. It’s pretty wild how Blur hasn’t really made a bad album, with their worst (Leisure), still fairly decent will some good songs on there. Considering this album is often considered a “lesser” Blur album, that serves as a testament to their quality of their discography.
>>
>release Leisure
>it's shit and nobody cares
>the music press negatively compares you to The Stone Roses, My Bloody Valentine, Ride and Happy Mondays as a shitty pop band who is trying to make a generic version of "real" music and capitalize on it (think Muse to Radiohead, Mumford & Sons to all other indie folk)
>try to tour the US and fail miserably because your band fucking sucks shit
>get mad at the negative reception your band is getting
>instead of stop being shit you decide to spend the next year telling everyone how you loathe American culture and it's all the fault of America and grunge that you're not being treated like the fucking second coming of The Beatles
>make the album Modern Life Is Rubbish with a bunch of songs about how Britian is GOAT and Americans are all fat stupid Republican redneck fundamentalists
>become a modest success in the UK
>follow it up with Parklife, an album that is more or less the same thing as Modern Life Is Rubbish but more commercially successful in the UK
>spend a year as the biggest band in Britain while the rest of the world does not give a single fuck about you
>suddenly Oasis comes out of nowhere and becomes a global phenomenon (including in the US)
>Blur is now no longer viewed as "cool" in the UK
>>
>>104900547
>Graham Coxon starts listening to Pavement and tells his band that they should make this type of music to try to make it in America again
>try to make an American indie rock record with British wit to appeal to Americans
>Radiohead had already done this 2 years prior with The Bends except Radiohead just legitimately wanted to make this kind of music whereas Blur were just trying to capitalize on the US market since their homeland didn't give a shit anymore
>spend an entire album basically sucking America's dick
>it becomes a modest success for one song
>it dies out really quickly
>become forever known as "the Woo Hoo band" in the US
>meanwhile while Blur is Woo Hooing all over American Alt Rock stations Radiohead releases OK Computer, an album that becomes as iconic as The Dark Side of the Moon or Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band almost instantly upon release
>Blur continue their idea stealing pattern and decide to ripoff Radiohead for their next two albums
>nobody cares
>get violent with Nardwuar in an interview
>nobody cares
>break up
>nobody cares
>reunite
>nobody cares
>hold a legacy as "the Parklife band" in the UK and "the Woo Hoo band" in the US
>nobody cares
>>
>>104900547
>>104900557
Bloody hell, Liam. Settle down.
>>
>>104900557
Additionally
>spend 4 years shooting heroin with your best friend and talking shit about mtv
>form a digital band on a whim because you want to
>back to being a commercial success
Damon wins
>>
>>104900557
>reunite
>nobody cares
They played a massively successful reunion gig at Hyde Park in 2009, headlined a shitload of festivals including Glastonbury and released a surprise album in 2015 that went to number 1 and hit Gold. People fucking cared alright.
>>
>>104900547
>>104900557
Meanwhile, hadn't made a great album since the mid-90's, changed most of its lineup, split up moments before their Rock en Seine gig, haven't reformed since and are known as the Wonderwall band. Hell, Noel churned out an unreleased demo and that got as far as number 80 on the UK charts. 10 in Scotland. Nobody gives a flying fuck about Oasis anymore outside of drunk louts.
>>
>>104900648
>Oasis hadn't
Fuck me, I'm too salty to type.
>>
>>104896486
crazy beat is an excellent filter for plebs
>>
>>104896294
As an album, not their best. But it does have a small handful of some of their best songs on it, though!

>>104897173
>>104900522
I don't get the MLIR praise. It's their most boring album (I guess up there with The Magic Whip, which I just find 'pleasant' overall), IMO. I even prefer the madchester-y vibe of Leisure.

Also, 13 is cool and all but it takes swapping the main album fat for the b-sides to really make it good.
>>
>>104902724
!
>>
>crazy beat yeah crazy beat yeah
>>
>>104900557
>Woo Hooing all over
god dammit this part never fails to make me giggle
>>
>>104896294
Caravan is the best song on this album.
>>
I'M THE ORIGINAL
WHEN IT COMES TO THE SUBURBS
IM THE ORIGINAL
>>
>>104900654
I hate oasis. just wanted to add that to the thread.
>>
i like good song
>>
>>104903930
came to post this

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.