[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 5hv033rqlvhz.png (179 KB, 2518x1024)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
The Debate
>>
death metal is also virgin music
>>
>>102807132
And you listen to soft shit you think is good
>>
File: 1535667372821.jpg (505 KB, 2516x1412)
505 KB
505 KB JPG
Is this thread in which we bully little black metal bro?

Anyway, old school death metal >> black metal, but I will take old school black metal over the more instrumentally or vocally ridiculous death metal forms.
>>
>>102807316
tge song you posted on black metal is fucking lame lol
even that "death metal" song you posted to make fun of it is better
>>
>>102807316
>>102807358
>>102807443
>comparing war metal (black metal's brutal death metal) with corporate butt melodeath
>>
File: come on now.jpg (8 KB, 236x213)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>102807473
Here's your "black metal", retard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNypkbtv-ig
>>
File: semargl.png (6 KB, 384x108)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>102807486
>>
File: State of Kekkage.jpg (25 KB, 189x252)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
Did he really delete his posts?
>>
the two are good no more debate
>>
>>102807534
baesd
>>
File: 1606165898539.jpg (58 KB, 499x499)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>102807094
I love black metal musically, but the audience is terrible. I don't like death metal that much, outised of several bands but the fans are real bros, so it really depends on what I want.
Listen to some music? Black metal.
Get shitfaced and have a good time? Death metal.
>>
all metal is garbage
>>
Death metal is made with headbanging in mind, black metal excluding the classics isn't, automatically makes death metal better.
>>
>Black Metal
Skinny losers
>Death Metal
Fat losers
>>
>>102807652
>black metal excluding the classics isn't
Hah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeGQ5RJw2Cg
>>
>>102807660
This is thrash. And plain old thrash is better than black thrash most of the time.
>>
>>102807094
Black metal relies on image and the aesthetic. It is more important than the music, which isn't even innovative at all. Tremolo picking riffs with purposely shit production gets boring very quickly.

The '1st Wave' bands were just early thrash metal bands who were still learning to play properly, or they just couldn't play for shit. Death metal was a proper evolution of thrash metal, raising the standards of technicality and precision.
Black metal on the other hand was influenced by bands who played poorly and couldn't afford to make a decent recording. They thought that shit vocals and out of tune guitars actually sounded good, and wanted to expand on that.

The 'infamous' norwegian scene is known for its retarded petty murders and arsons by a bunch of pre-pubescent rich teenage fags. Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>102807861
>Black metal relies on image and the aesthetic. It is more important than the music
Try to be accepted by the Death Metal community while wearing anything other than black band t-shirts and black pants or cargo shorts
>>
>>102807094
enslaved and bathory is about as deep as i've delved into black metal, and they're not even especially black metal
death metal is dope, however
>>
>>102807313
"old school death metal " is garbage. Especially the florida scene and all their bullshit celtic frost clone riffs. Bands like suffoction is responsible for some of the worst bands in metal. The Texas scene has some pretty good bands, but their sound is more extreme thrash than death metal. Sweden had way better old-school bands. (The later swedish bands are terrible though). Anyway, Black metal is still the greatest genre of all.
>>
File: 1506278193814.jpg (677 KB, 2518x1024)
677 KB
677 KB JPG
>>102807094
gay
>>
>>102807094

Black metal is more important to me. I see death metal as natural evolution of thrash, so it's mostly about technicality, headbanging, fast riffs etc.
Meanwhile black metal is focused more on emotions, atmosphere, it's more melodic. It just has more soul. But at the same time there are a lot of bands that create straight-forward, agressive music. Black metal has more variety - it is connected to rock, folk, ambient, avant-garde etc. as well as other forms of metal. You have a large room for experimentation, and there are black metal artists who dropped electronic or acoustic albums.

>>102807861
>Black metal relies on image and the aesthetic. It is more important than the music, which isn't even innovative at all. Tremolo picking riffs with purposely shit production gets boring very quickly.
>The '1st Wave' bands were just early thrash metal bands who were still learning to play properly, or they just couldn't play for shit. Death metal was a proper evolution of thrash metal, raising the standards of technicality and precision.

You don't understand shit. The image was never meant to be taken seriously and it's just something that exists as kind of tradition or symbol for most of people. I wouldn't say that genre relies on image. It may seem that way if you know 2 black metal bands and read one wikipedia article. And yes, black metal was created because death metal was becoming just masturbation with instruments with everybody playing super fast and technical. and it started to be just boring. Black metal was to metal what picasso was to painting - something intentionaly ugly becasue you couldn't continue to invent something new otherwise.

But I generally don't see why it should be reason for hostility between enjoyers of this two genres, I see this them as intersected and a lot of festivals are generally classified as death/black, at least in my country and you have a lot of bands that are described as blackened death.
>>
>>102809152

Like I said: I like both, but generally I'm more likely to hear something interesting in black metal these days and death metal can be tiring, because how much can you listen to uber fast chuga chuga. I am more likely to feel something listining to black metal. But still Death is one of my favourite bands and I like more progressive stuff like Cynic, so I can give you that.
>>
File: kanonenfieber.jpg (483 KB, 1200x1200)
483 KB
483 KB JPG
>>102807094
Yes
https://youtu.be/Fvudc8f8Bv8
>>
doom chads always win in the end

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.