[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
Flag
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 81 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ass title cover.png (39 KB, 884x884)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
The beginning of a mare's internship working with a bunch of space ponies, what more could you want?
Previous Thread: >>39320192

Previously:
You are Selene Endymion, a nerdy space enthusiast that was hired by the space ponies to help out with their needs, preferably engine work. You've been sent out by Jaxapone to go send a second stage engine to the launch site area for testing. While on the task of doing so you've met a couple of fellow employees along the way! At the very moment you're looking for cables to hook the engine up to for lifting, and have poked your snoot into a couple of storage rooms by now. The room you're attempting to enter is partially obstructed by some object on the other side.
>>
File: ass 67.png (8 KB, 845x837)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>39414549
>>39414572
>>39414747
>With the door in the way, the obvious solution is to just move whatever is in the way... out of the way.
>And as you were getting ready to use your magic for the job, you sorta get second thoughts about it.
>Seeing the room having sounding rocket components, you know, very flammable chemicals stuffed inside tubes. Would the energy from magic cause solid propellant to ignite? Who knows for sure, but lets try to see what is behind the door before you accidentally moved something you shouldn't have.
>If shit hits the fan, at least there's a fire extinguisher. Maybe specifically for you if your body goes aflame, since there's no saving the room if anything in there lights up.
>You start squeezing yourself through the door opening, making your way inside. You must look funny for any pony that happen to walk by, seeing some nerd trying to get into the sounding rocket room.
>Oh shit, is that a roomba on the floor? It is! Wonder what it's doing in here, besides doing what roombas do best.
>You feel compelled to get it out of this room, but first...
>Managing to wiggle yourself into the gap enough, you poke your head around the door to see what's behind it.
>And... oh... oh my. That's a big boy.
>It's a segment for a rocket much larger than the one sitting in the back of the room.
>Another segment is laying on it's side on the shelf too, both the one on the shelf and by the door held securely in place with... cables.
>Seems like somepony didn't want their rocket to fall over somehow, it does not look as light as the rest of the rocket parts in the room.
>Even a miracle that they got it through the doorway. Sure it's slim enough to fit through, but it must've been a pain to go through.
>>
>>39419062
Is that one of the cables we're looking for?
>>
>>39419062
I think we have to admit defeat, there's no way we can move it safely with its size and tied down like that. Let's levitate out the roomba through the gap and close the door behind us.
>>
>9
>>
>>39419062
Little robofriend got stuck
>>
>>39419062
Why's it behind the door though?
Can whoever is building it teleport?
Maybe it's that tiny mare with the bowlcut? She'd probably fit through there.
>>
>>39419062
Welp. Help the Roomba by getting it.
>>
>>39419062
Appease the roomba, in an attempt to gain its favor
>>
>>39422114
We're going straight to the cafeteria after getting the second engine rigged up and feed it the finest dropped cookie crumbs.
>>
bump
>>
>>39422786
>>
File: ass 68.png (18 KB, 845x837)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>39419095
>>39419211
>>39420230
>>39420723
>>39421288
>>39422114
>>39422164
>As much as you'd grab the cables hooking this thing to the wall, there's probably a good reason it's like that.
>Unless it's some cruel joke, as whoever put it there is clearly bonkers for even thinking that's a good spot to put it.
>Nevertheless, there's not much use in this room with little cables here.
>Although, there's one thing you can take with your magic in this room safely...
>The roomba, you're going to take the roomba with you. Can't come back entirely empty-hoofed! No clue how long it's been in there, or whether it was meant to be in there from the very beginning, but you're letting him free instead.
>You lift it your way with your magic, effortlessly clearing the opening available to you, and set it down in the hallway as you get yourself out of the room as well.
>You hear the soft whirr of the roomba doing it's thing as it moves slowly across the hallway.
>Woah there little guy, don't go heading off and getting yourself lost again! You pick it up and place it down in front of the last storage room, letting it go first inside so you always have some supervision over it. Unsurprisingly it simply moves straight down the room as you look around inside.
>Don't worry lil fella, just wait for us to get our task done and we can give you the best crumbs this facility has to offer!
>>
>>39423181
A helmet! Are we currently wearing one? We probably should.
>>
>>39423181
That is a lot of cables! Also check out the access passes, who knows what they might give us access to
>>
>>39423181
That's a nice poster
>>
>>39423230
Ah, but are they steel cables or data cables?
>>
File: file.png (85 KB, 400x400)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>39423871
I mean we have to check. Maybe we can plug something fun into another thing. Oh, see if you can find one of >pic related
>>
Boop
>>
>>39424463
I don't think we are going to need electrocute anything, so I don't know what we'd need one for.
>>
Bump
>>
File: ass 69.png (16 KB, 845x837)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>39423208
>>39423230
>>39423871
>>39424463
>>39425581
>Not as much things as you expected in here, but to be fair, you've never dug into the boxes to see what's inside of them.
>We're looking for cables, so no pony would just stuff them all into-
>Oh cool, cables in a box! You make your way over and take a look inside to see if they're the kind you're looking for.
>And they are! Along with electrical cables... and data cables, and other various cables. As if somepony quickly stuffed them all haphazardly into the box and called it a day.
>Hmm, it sure is a lot of plugs and wires, wonder if they even got the "suicide plug" stowed around here. Nah... they wouldn't have, any safety officer on site would immediately dispose of it the moment they see it.
>Speaking of safety, you saw a helmet around here when you walked in. Sure, there were a few in one of the other storage rooms, but it never crossed your mind to have one on you. Ok, Gear and a few of the employees aren't wearing any, neither is Jaxa herself, but better safe than sorry. Besides... knowing Jaxa's earth pony strength, she could probably punt anything about to land on her head away. Could she? Space pony magic, how does that shit work?
>You retrieve the helmet and put it on... kinda. The helmet can't really fit on top of your head properly because of the horn sticking out of your forehead.
>Fuck it, still gonna wear it, maybe there's something that can put a hole in it.
>If we're going to put the helmet on, might as well see what more we can put on ourselves. Those lanyards and badges seem enticing enough, and you take a quick look at them.
>They all seem like employee badges, many with the usual color scheme you've seen, but there's a few with a different color scheme, and much older looking dusty badges. The hay is "NASDA?"
>You put on a regular Jaxa badge, and pray that the kanji written on it is in your favor. I mean, you'd get better access to places with an official badge than walking around without any attire whatsoever, right?
>>
>>39426644
We should wear a traffic cone as a head and after silliness has concluded bring the cables back to the others. That should be enough, really
>>
>>39426644
Oooh, a red lanyard. Blue blends in with our coat color too much.
>>
This is fuckin stupid
>>
>>39427289
no u
>>
>>39427289
stupid
>>
>>39427289
mean
>>
File: ass 70.png (44 KB, 828x816)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>39426695
>>39427264
>You take a look down at yourself to see how it looks having your Jaxa lanyard on. Feels... fancy, like your now one with the team.
>Though, you don't quite like how it looks on you fashion wise, the color blends in a bit with your coat color. There's at least some in the box with a different color, so you pick one up and see how it looks.
>A bit dusty, you shake and brush it off as much as you can, letting the lil roomba vacuum up any that fell onto the floor.
>Once you got it put on, now we're talking. What a spiffy looking mare you are now!
>Still unsure what red lanyards mean yet, even Jaxa doesn't wear them and she's the head of the agency!
>Must not be very important then, and you look over to some traffic cones in the corner.
>Oh hey, something that'd you can fit on your head without issues regarding your horn.
>You get one off and plop it down on your horn, but now you just look silly. Silly Selene.
>Sadly traffic cones aren't really good horn protectors, plus it's too big to reasonably meander around the facility with.
>Come to think of it, you've yet to really see any helmet horn adapter or any sort of proper horn protection. The only ones you've seen has been online, but you don't get why they look so flimsy.
>Oh well, fun times over, time to get those cables you need and start making your way back to your group.
>One by one you sort out the steel cables from the rest in the cable box, and end up having a couple in your hooves. This'll do just fine for the task at hoof!
>You flop them all on your back and lift your roomba buddy as you head out of the storage room, closing the door as you leave.
>Go quickly snatch that one cable you hung on the doorknob and start galloping your way back to the group
>And sure enough, they have been waiting patiently for your return.
>>
>>39429971
Maybe we should've checked how many cables we needed before we went searching. Well, at least we save a roomba.
>>
>>39429971
Let's get this thing ready to fire up
>>
>>39429993
Doesn't hurt to have spares.
>>
>>39429971
somepony is a sleepy amre!
>>
Boop
>>
>>39432037
>>
File: 3a0.jpg (47 KB, 288x288)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
ASS, the acronym spells ASS.
>>
File: ass 71.png (15 KB, 884x884)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>39429993
>>39430499
>>39430804
>You get yourself up onto the transporter, cables and roomba on hoof as you set em down for the group to grab.
>They don't immediately jump in and start taking cables, they seem a bit baffled at the attire you've returned with... and the roomba.
>"Yeah uhh... I found a couple things I thought that I should take back with me." You explained, Gear walking over to take a look at you.
>"I noticed... you know that helmet doesn't-"
>"Yeah I know the helmet doesn't fit my head, seems like unicorn helmets aren't too common around here I see." You scrunch, pointing at your horn. "If you know anything around here that can poke a hole in this hard hat, that'd be nice."
>Gear then gestures at the roomba, humming as it moves around on the metal platform. Despite the gaps in the railings, it's ledge detection system seems to work pretty well, avoiding the edge to prevent itself from falling right off it.
>"Okay, I know I didn't have to take that with me, but hear me out. Why shouldn't I? Look at it, it's cute and it was all alone in the storage room with all those sounding rocket components inside!"
>Gear is quite baffled by this, "Selene, it's a roomba."
>"Y-yeah, but look how much happier it is being out here!" You point at it as it rolls it's way over to the sleeping mare near the engine, causing her to wake up by bumping into her snoot before turning towards a random direction and moving away.
>"H-huh? Wha happen?" Said the mare, rubbing her eyes as she awakens.
>"I brought the cables, and a roomba. And it will stay here in the meantime, isn't that right Gear?" You inform the mare of what's been going on, Gear pouts a bit as he grabs a few cables from the pile. "Yes, there is now roomba."
>You nod in agreement, and hoof over some cables to her. "Indeed! Now, go tie these to the base of the engine, and I'll get that other stallion to help hook the cables up to the top!"
>She nods and gets to it as you wave over to the stallion on the ledge above, "Hey! Come down here and tie these cables up there so we can get to lifting this engine!"
>Soon enough everypony is now back on track to get this engine hoisted up, using the cables available to tie things up and get them all set! The roomba, pays no mind to all of this, doing it's own thing as usual. The transporter floor does look a little cleaner now.
>Looking up, you see the strands of cables reaching up to the top as everything seems all prepped for lift.
>>
Bump
>>
>>39433703
wouldn't a hole in our helmet actually be a bad thing? and shouldn't we want to keep our horn, the reason we can use magic, inside the helmet and protected instead of poking out, ready to be snapped off?
>>
>>39433703
Nice. To the control panel!
>>
>>39434378
>>
>>39433703
It was a good idea to bring the roomba, It's already booping ponies.
>>
File: ass 72.png (7 KB, 845x837)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>39435159
>Looks like things are ready to go, you squee softly to yourself as the next step is lifting the engine up.
>Now it's time to head out to that control panel and get this job done!
>"Ok, I say you should all come with me to the control panel, it'll be safe up there just in case... you know, the cables fail." You tell the group, and they look at each other before nodding.
>You wave you hoof to let them follow you as you step off the transporter, everypony else following along in a line.
>Oh, don't forget the roomba! You let your horn glow as magic lifts it up and bring it over to you while you make your trek towards the stairs to the upper level.
>Making a dash over to the control panel, you grin as you get to do all the fancy actions of lifting this bad boy up. The others take their time, but do catch up to you moments later.
>Lever, buttons, and switches all dot the panel as you stare at it, that's a bunch of controls for something as simple as lifting an engine.
>Perhaps the control panel does way more things than just engine lifts? How does Jaxa work with this, she makes it so easy to use. Hopefully you recall how she originally lifted up the first stage at the other test site, the control panel looks about the same as the one over there.
>"Don't flip those little switches on the panel, that won't do any lifting" You hear a voice from behind, and you look back to see the mare with her mane in her face.
>"Uhh, how do you know that miss?" You ask, what does she know about these controls?
>"Those control pipes and valves around the site for test purposes." She explains, walking up to the panel and flicks a switch.
>The sound of rushing water is heard as the deluge system is activated for a second or two, before it shuts off from the switch being flipped off. "See? I don't know engine stuffs, but I do know pipes. Is my talent, plumbing is my thing, I like pipes, big or small." She explains, ending her sentence with a grin.
>"Riiiight... at least I'm not the only pony around here that knows how to work this panel, even if it's for completely different purposes than what I need to do. I'm a rocket mare, engines I get; I don't get pipework that often." You say to her, making her amused.
>"Heh."
>"What's funny about that?"
>"Nothing, lets get that engine lifted hm?"
>"Ok...?" You say, mildly confused as you look back at the panel, now putting your focus onto the task at hoof.
>>
>>39436752
In a way, some parts of an engine are just advanced plumbing.
Let's push that button. We watched Jaxa do it, surely we remember? Otherwise I vote blue.
>>
>>39436752
I'm guessing the red button is either "fire" or emergency stop. Pretty dangerous ambiguity.
>>
>>39436752
You'd think there'd be a bit more labeling on these things.
>>
>>39436752
Maybe the level is the throttle? Pull it all the way down.
>>
>>39438701
lever*
>>
File: ass 73.png (12 KB, 845x837)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>39437002
>>39437585
>>39438230
>>39438701
>You stare at the panel, wondering which to fiddle with first. Shit, a manual would be nice to have if there is any around. Maybe buried in random junk in one of those storage rooms.
>Well, Jaxa did this so easily, might not be that hard to figure out yourself. You saw her flick the switch and press a button with your own eyes!
>Wait a second.
>The lever, currently pointing down, might be what you're looking for. You reach your hoof out as you jiggle the switch, pulling it as down as you can.
>The cables get some slack, wobbling a bit as something seemed to have lowered them slightly. Yup, this should lift the engine upwards.
>You pull the lever the other way, flipping it up as the noises of machinery start pulling the cables upwards.
>Oh fuck, it's happening. Engine lift is finally underway!
>You bob up and down with excitement, your group staring at you freak out in place.
>"Such a nerd, Selene." You hear somepony say, making you scrunch.
>"S-shush! We're almost done with this task, just gotta... press a single button." You say, looking back at the control panel and those three large buttons to pick from.
>Which button actually connects the engine to the test stand? Well, maybe not the red button, any button that's red would typically mean some sort of emergency button like the abort or self destruct buttons at the control room. Not pressing that for sure.
>Maybe the blue button? Or green... both would be suitable as the button to lock the engine to the stand. But that also means unlocking it requires a button as well.
>Once the engine is into position you press the blue button to get it in place.
>And... nothing happened? Uhh, maybe that's the wrong button? At least nothing exploded, must've been the green button then.
>You proceed to boop the green button, and noises are heard as the engine shifts and clicks into place.
>You gasp in excitement, you done did it Selene, in a good way! Your task is pretty much done, and happily you hop around in excitement!
>The others hop with you, even though this work isn't required for them to do at all. Maybe they're just happy to be able to go back to their respective work occupations really soon, or they just like joining along in celebrations.
>>
>>39439834
I think we're long overdo for introductions. Also call up Jaxa and tell her the engine is mounted.
>>
>>
>>39439834
Radio in to Jaxa and get the transporter out of the way.
>the intern gets to press random buttons with an engine on the stand
If this is how Jaxa rolls, I wonder how SpaceX handles things. And I guess Pythom would ignite her engines by hoof and huff the orange smoke.
>>
>>39440471
>>
>>39439834
Hug the Roomba
>>
File: ass 74.png (13 KB, 884x884)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>39439898
>>39440618
>>39442432
>As everypony bounces around in celebration, you notice the roomba minding it's business, With no ability to jump, or anything other than cleaning up dust, it sits on the floor scurrying across the ground.
>You hop over to it and pick it right up, and give it a hug. Feels appropriate to do, providing some affection to it knowing it'd have no chance of ever emitting. Sentient roombas is not likely to be around for quite some time, and what kind of magic is needed to pull something similar off?
>You put down the roomba and grab the radio, and get communication started with Jaxa.
>"Hello, Jaxa? I got the engine mounted to the test stand, looks like I got it all done!" You spoke into the radio, listening in to her reply.
>"Woo! See, I knew you can do it! I'll contemplate if I want to get started on testing that engine in a moment. To make things easier for me and everypony else, I highly suggest you and any pony with you leave the area in around... 15 minutes or so. Yeah, that should be enough time for you to finish up things and get out of there."
>"Got it! Also, umm... perhaps you can explain the control panel buttons a bit more next time? My mind slipped a bit when I had to get the engine fixed into place." You added in sheepishly.
>"Hmm... alright, I can explain it a bit better next time then. Anyways, 15 minutes and counting down, Selene." She responds, really putting in emphasis on the time she's provided to have all of you leave. Testing is tedious when you have to clear the pad first, so making every pony leave prior gets things moving more smoothly.
>You put away the radio and pick up the roomba once again as you turn to the group, informing them about the time left to get yourselves all set and leave. They nod, Gear begins to make his way down the steps to hop on the transporter with zero hesitation.
>As you begin walking as well, it's come to your realization that you never had properly introduced yourselves. Well, they haven't introduced themselves to you actually, seems like you were too much in a rush to ask for their names.
>"Oh Celestia, I don't think I've gotten any of your names! You three know what they are in Equestrian, right?" You ask them, letting them think for a second as you all go down the steps. One by one they point out their names, Stage Mate, Aqueduct, and Flight Sparks. You question the names they provided you with, but their only response is to see how well your own name translates to in their language. Touché.
>Luckily Gear has moved the transporter closer to the stairs for easy access. As you hop on, you walk over to Gear currently waiting by the controls, and set the roomba down to let it wander around.
>"So Selene, ready to go? We got a bit of time to kill, if you forget something, good time to go do that." He informs you, everypony else seems just as ready to head out as well. You back at the test stand one more time to think if there's anything you should do before leaving.
>>
>>39442976
>to see how well your own name translates to in their language
It's "Serene-AE Endymion" So pretty much the same but with a Japonese accent.
>>
>>39442976
Do a final visual inspection of the area around the test stand, make sure there aren't any misplaced equipments or loose objects nearby.
>>
>>39442976
Right, still need to remove the cables. Hover them over with your magic.
>>
space mare bumpa
>>
>>
>>
File: ass 75.png (7 KB, 845x837)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>39443067
>>39444132
>Ah, wait. There is something you need to do real quickly, the cables are still left attached. That won't be good for them, lets not risk ruining them. Was already tedious gathering enough of them to pull this task off!
>You make your way over and with your magic, start freeing the cables and put them on your back one by one. It's quick work, not even taking a minute to get them all detached to the engine and test stand.
>You walk closer and take a look around the place, just making one last check for anything that may need cleaning up or moving out of the way. Yup, everything seems clear!
>You trot over and hop onto the transporter, setting the cables down where the engine would usually be placed at.
>"Alright, I think we're ready to head out! The cables are all here, so is the roomba, and everypony as well!" You announce to the group.
>"Are you really taking roomba with you?" Gear said, still unamused at the prospect of you straight up taking a moving vacuum cleaner from where it once was to bring alongside you like it was some pet.
>"Yes, I am. Gear. One day you'll appreciate the power of the Roomba, but in the meantime, just get us out of here."
>He shrugs and gets the transporter moving, at last you finally get to depart the test site area. Everypony else have pretty much laid down into a resting position as they take a break.
>Walking over to the front, you join in on the resting, and lay down as well. Ahh, well deserved relaxation, right on this metallic floor.
>Taking in the view of the facility around you, being at the second test site gives you quite the perspective, being the furthest as you can get from everything else here. Sure, you could keep going further north, but at that point you'd have trotted off from facility grounds, and the closest other space pony facility is a very long trot.
>Speaking of space ponies, it'd be nice to see more of them. The site where you got interviewed sure seemed brim with activity. It's good to keep in mind that you have permission to visit other facilities, being the helpful intern and all. Having the afternoon and evening all planned out for the day would be nifty to keep ourselves on schedule.
>>
So what now?
>>
boop
>>
>>39446268
Does anybody in this group need help with anything? They did help us after all.
>>
boop
>>
File: ass 76.png (24 KB, 845x837)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>39446924
>>39447567
>With your task now complete at this point, you do wonder to yourself, what now?
>Never really thought about what you're going to do afterwards, well shit.
>You decide to radio in to Jaxa, "Hey, just letting you know, we have left the test site are now, so it's all clear to proceed with testing."
>"That's great, and quick too!" Jaxa responds. "I'll get to it right away in a couple of minutes!"
>"Sweet! Do you have anything for me to do in the meantime by the way?"
>Jaxa ponders for a moment, "Well, I'll be busy with this engine test, so you know what I'm already going to be doing. Can't think of anything you could do either, so I'll leave you to yourself for now. Just go around finding ponies who need some help, whether it be space ponies like me or some employee. Help out in any way you can, but just... don't blow anything up, okay?"
>"Yeah, I know. I won't make anything explode. I'll see if anypony needs some assistance around here." You say before putting the radio away.
>Hmm, who could possibly need help around here? You put your hoof up to your chin in thought, before looking over to the ponies currently with you on the transporter. Of course, might as well ask, they did help you out after all.
>"Any of you ponies happen to need any help with your duties by any chance? I'm willing to help out if you wish."
>Flight Sparks shakes her head, and says her task was already done at the test site for now. Stage Mate has his role in helping Jaxa's H3 off the ground, but needs all of the engines in place before the whole rocket is assembled. He is however, willing to let you take a look at the rocket in it's current state. Aquaduct simply asks what kind of plumbing you're willing to work with.
>Gear informs you to decide if you want to help any of the ones willing to let you join them, as he plans to drop them off near their respective workplaces before returning to the engine production facility.
>>
>>39449357
Sounds like we're about to wrap things up here. Let's take a look at the rocket then decide which other rocket pone we want to visit next. (And drop off the roomba at the break room)
>>
Bump
>>
>>39449357
I don't know how Selene can help with plumbing, beyond holding things in place without getting in the way.
>>
>>39452133
>>
File: ass 77.png (13 KB, 845x837)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>39449410
>>39450546
>You consider your options at this point. First things first, an opportunity to view a real rocket up close? Do you really need to answer that question? Absolutely you're gonna take a look at that beauty.
>When it comes to plumbing... you're not sure how good you'll be at it. Holding pipes steady is easy, but you don't have experience with any other sorts of tasks the job may hold.
>Also, what kind of pipes is she responsible of working with? You don't mind working with water or perhaps rocket fuel lines, but you shudder if she makes you help out with pipes with lesser desirable liquids running through them.
>"Uhh, I think I'll just go take a lil peek at the rocket instead." You say, making your way over to the pegasus as you await your destination near the assembly building.
>"So, I guess I'll see the rest of you all at some point in the future? I take it that you ponies can't go to other space pony facilities?" You ask, and they shake their head in mild disappointment.
>"Sadly not really, we can only visit them in the sense of being tourists. You know, space center and such." Stage Mate points out.
>"Riiight... at least I can come back here and say hi at any time." You assure them with a smile. As the transporter stops at your destination, you give each pony a hug before hopping off, bringing along the roomba as Stage Mate gestures you towards the entrance to the building.
>As you walk down the short hallway by the entrance the fate of the roomba pops in mind.
>Maybe you should find a place to leave this roomba at soon, you can only keep carrying it around for so long. Perhaps there's a break room or a safe spot to let it continue living it's life around the facility without risk of harm.
>Stage Mate opens a pair of doors at the end of the hallway, and as you peek inside your eyes widen at the sights within.
>Oh sweet Celestia, rocket parts for days!
>"Like what you see?" Stage Mate asks you, seeing the look on your face as you nod in response, not looking at him with all these rockets having all of your attention.
>"Heh, over here. I'll let ya get close to this thing over there." He says, flapping his way over to a first stage segment currently in a vertical position. It even has it's solid boosters attached to it as well.
>Getting up close, your mouth agape at the sheer size of it all. Makes you feel like a little pony compared to these glorious machines.
>Oh yeah, this is exactly why you signed up for this internship. You already start wondering who else you should visit to take a peek at their rockets. So many of them out there, and all the time your internship allows you to have...
>>
>>39452977
There is a desire to hug the rocket
>>
>>39452977
Finding a new home for roomba is a bit more involved since they need a docking port to recharge and empty what it's sucked up.
>>
bun
>>
p
>>
>>39453497
Fair point. Let's try finding out where our roomba will be able to charge at before dropping it off in some random place.
>>
File: ass 78.png (6 KB, 845x837)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>39453316
>>39453497
>>39455656
>You stare very intently at the rocket, and your friend gets a feeling of what you want to do to the rocket.
>"Let me guess, want to touch it right?"
>"So very much, please." You say, wide eyed as you plead to physically touch the rocket.
>"Ha, figured you would. No harm in touching it, so feel free to-"
>Didn't even give Stage Mate the opportunity to finish his sentence before you went right for the rocket, giving it the biggest hug you could give it.
>It's like hugging a wall column, the rocket being way too wide to ever wrap your hooves around it. Never mattered to you anyway, this is already an experience in of itself. Although a smaller rocket to hug your hooves around would be pretty neat too.
>"Alright Selene, I think that's enough for now. Let's not get too excited, is just a rocket." Stage Mate informs of you before you scrunch your snoot at him. Letting go of the rocket, you walk back over to him.
>"Looks like I got what I wanted now, but before I leave this place, know anywhere I can leave this roomba? I don't know if there's any charging docks for the little guy to recharge it's batteries with, and I prefer if it doesn't get stranded from low battery."
>He wonders for a moment, "Have you tried the space center? I know they get those to clean the floors after hours. Nice clean floors for the tourists, you know? Jaxa HQ may work too, it's the big building with Jaxa on it. Can't miss it."
>You nod, and give him a hug. It takes him by surprise, but welcomes it as you make your way out of the assembly building.
>Trotting down the hallway, you stop by a room and help out the roomba, popping open the tray to empty out the dusty contents into the trash bin.
>Ahh, much better. Roomba feels lighter with all that junk gone, must've been some time since anypony emptied it out. Continuing your way out, you take in the fresh outdoor air as the rest of the facility is in view. Engine dev, rocket dev, the space center, and HQ are pretty noticeable from here, and the view of the train station that took you here to begin with is within your eyesight as well.
>>
>>39455849
Let's find a place for roomba to stay at the space center, since it's on the way to the train station anyway.
>>
>>39456365
This
>>
Rump
>>
File: ass 79.png (10 KB, 845x837)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>39456365
>>39457260
>You begin the long trot down the path to make your way out of the facility, carrying your roomba alongside you.
>Thank goodness you emptied the tray, else the walk would be a bit more of a hassle, still need to find a place to leave it at.
>You know what? You decide it's best to leave it at the space center, it's already near the train station you'll be going to for departing. Hope you've recalled which train you came here on so you don't end up being at the wrong place.
>As you arrive at the space center once more, you smile at how things turned out today before walking inside with the roomba.
>You look around to see if you can find anypony or something that would be certain that this roomba will do fine on it's own here.
>When in doubt, just go to the reception desk. As usual there's a pony at the desk, who is looking at you in mild confusion seeing you plop the roomba right onto the desk.
>"Excuse me miss, I have this roomba and I'm wondering if you can take care of it" You say to her, smiling sheepishly at the absurdity of the situation.
>The receptionist tilts her head curiously, before perking up, "Oh! Did this escape center? Silly things, they find ways out of here sometimes!"
>Well, you know considering where you found this roomba in particular there's no way this one was one of the roombas working in the space center. Unless it was, and it had one heck of a convoluted reason how it ended up where you found it.
>"Uhh... y-yeah? Found it outside of here." You say, not lying about where you found it but also being pretty vague about the actual details of it's discovery.
>"No worries miss, we'll take care of it now that you brought it back here!" She says with a smile.
>"Yeah, no problem!" You smile in return, patting the roomba one more time before you turn back towards the entrance. "See you around!"
>Whether that roomba was in the right spot from the very beginning wanders in your mind. Well, at least it's in safe hooves now. If space center staff do realize that this roomba doesn't belong here, they'll most certainly put it back in the right area.
>If anything, that's the one thing that gives you a peace of mind over it. Knowing that roomba will eventually find it's proper home around the facility.
>The idea of staff losing it over where the extra roomba came from if they indeed did not lose any, makes you chuckle.
>Your can hear the intercoms at the train station ring out with some sort of announcements.
>Looks like it's about time to get yourself on board real soon.
>>
bump
>>
>>39459005
Ah, forgot to Jaxa that we're leaving, we still have the radio on us?
>>
>>39459005
Goodbye sweet Roomba, may your travels be fruitful
>>
File: ass 80.png (11 KB, 845x837)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>39459778
>>39461473
>You'll miss that little roomba, but you'll always see it again some day in the future.
>Speaking of seeing again, you won't be able to see Jaxa again either, does she know you're leaving?
>Shit, don't think she does, you take out your radio to inform her of your imminent departure.
>"Hey Jaxa, uhh... Since you'll be busy with that engine I installed, I figure I'm gonna take a look at what the other space ponies are doing, if you don't mind?"
>"Oh, that's fine Selene!" Responds Jaxa at the other end. "Hope you have a fun time with whoever you'll be meeting with next!"
>"Thanks! And what do I do about the radio I have here? Do I just... keep it with me?"
>"Huh? Yes Selene, keep the radio. Even outside of the facility it'll still work, might pick up transmissions from the other facilities if you're close enough, and the right frequency of course."
>"That's pretty nifty to know. Thanks again Jaxa. Hope that engine test goes smoothly."
>"I'll do my best Selene, see you later!" She says before the radio transmission ends. You smile softly and sigh, before looking over to the train station.
>Making your way over to look around, there's only 3 rail lines that stop by here. Looking over to the map you've seen when first visiting informs you of the three destinations each takes you to: NASA, CSNA, and KARI respectively.
>Following the train route, you can tell that you were at the "NASA" section when you had your interview. And it wasn't just that facility either, there's dozen of other places nearby that you could see buzzing around with activity. In general it's just the Equestian space sector, the other two you aren't quite sure who they're for. They're probably neighboring agencies for the Japonese, you're good at geography right Selene? Well, when it comes to spaceflight, the only location that truly matters is upwards, space!
>Currently all three trains are at the station, available for boarding. Although you're aware you only have a couple minutes to decide on which to go board before they depart, and you definitely won't enjoy the wait time needed before they return.
>>
>>39462030
Take the red line back to NASA, if there are no objections I'd like to see what SpaceX working on.
>>
Boop
>>
Beep
>>
Boop
>>
File: ass 81.png (6 KB, 845x837)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>39462057
>With zero hesitation, you hop on board the red train back to NASA's facility.
>Was there ever any doubt?
>As the train departs you get yourself comfy on the ride, having half an hour or so to kill before you arrive.
>Staring out the window. napping, fiddling with your radio. The radio has Jaxa's frequency scribbled on the back to set the dial back to how it was prior, you taking advantage by checking out what other signals you can pick up.
>Turns out not a lot it seems, maybe you're just too far away from everything to pick anything meaningful up. Any random signal or music playing from the radio was a welcomed surprise.
>You decide to set the radio back to how it was and turn it off, best to save some battery in case you need it again.
>Soon over the horizon you can see the tall structures of launch towers and assembly buildings coming into view.
>The line of launch towers all lined up across the place is very aesthetically pleasing, what did they call it again? Missile Row? Shame most of them aren't active sites nowadays, but it's refreshing that the place has spurred up in activity over time.
>You soon arrive to your destination, and make your way out as you take a look at your surroundings. Yup, looks just about the same as it was when you left for Jaxa's facility.
>Speaking of which, time to see who else to visit next. There's bound to be plenty of space ponies wandering around here and there. You don't really know too many space ponies other than the most well known ones, SpaceX being one that comes to mind.
>She's super popular from what you've heard, wonder what she's doing at the moment? If you can figure out where she is throughout this whole place.
>Out of anywhere to look, this place is the best to start off the search with.
>A long line of launch towers to peek at in front of you, and NASA's Space Center, VAB and other well known structures behind you to begin your search as well.
>>
>>39464800
Lets head to the space center first.
>>
>>39464800
What a beautiful view
>>
>>39464800
That's a lot of towers. To the space center then.
>>
>>39464800
I want to meet Roscosmos pone
>>
File: ass 82.png (8 KB, 845x837)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>39465175
>>39466532
>>39466776
>First things first, you turn around to make your way to the space center.
>What, were you having thoughts on walking over to the launch sites? That's insanity, a recipe for something going terribly wrong if there happened to be a launch in the upcoming hour, this place is a busy area after all.
>Plus, the space center is like, every nerdy fillies' dream to visit at least once in your life. That's pretty much how you were, and are now. Seems like some things never change.
>Speaking of visiting, lots of ponies visit this place, good possibility of seeing a couple space ponies roaming the place.
>Sure hope you find SpaceX somewhere around here, or at least somepony who knows where she is.
>Other space ponies also aren't off the table either, that Ruskie space mare is also enticing to visit as well.
>You don't really know her too much, interaction was pretty limited in that interview seeing how she was, was she... drunk? In hindsight, that might have been the case, wonder what she's doing once you left with Jaxa. Maybe you'll find her passed out on the floor somewhere, or still in that interview room. Would she even remember that the interview happened at all? Guess you'll figure that question out eventually.
>Making your way to the space center grounds, it's a scenic view of buildings close together with walkways all connecting them. The subtle details of it all Oh Celestia, there's even a rocket garden.
>Ok Selene, focus. Let's not nerdgasm just yet, we have space ponies to find!
>>
>>39468264
>You are now imagining Earth pones growing rockets like flowers
>>
new year bump
>>
>>39468264
>>was she... drunk?
She was drunk off of ethanol
>>
>>39469449
Must've been performing fueling tests.
>>
>>39468349
The true extent of magic and space travel isn't known yet... this is a distinct possibility.
>>
File: ass 83.png (13 KB, 845x837)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>39468349
>>39471498
>Well... maybe you can nerdgasm just a little bit, as a treat.
>If anything, space ponies are more likely just as nerdy as you are, if not more. And nerds go where nerds want to go. You being one of them, you let your instincts guide you where to go.
>Unsurprisingly, the first place was the rocket garden, it's right there for ogling.
>Oh yeah, so many rockets all in one spot, no matter if they were real or not. Some certainly do look like the real deal, but it's not guaranteed.
>Seeing all these rockets all standing around together is amusing, it sure feels like a garden, but with rockets instead of plants.
>Of course it's not like a genuine garden, rockets don't grow from the ground like flowers...
>...could they? No, that'd be silly... at least scientifically speaking. Magic however, is a whole system on its own. Combining magic and tech isn't a very common standard to practice. Heck, you blew Jaxa's mind with the simple idea of using earth pony magic to move heavy things around!
>If they ever got to use the full extent of magic for space endeavors... the possibilities seem wild to imagine.
>Who knows, maybe one day a magic rocket may stand where you gaze years in the future.
>The pathway continues onwards to more of the space center, but anywhere you go seems to be filled with various ponies here for their own various reasons. With everypony moving around out and about, and conversing with one another, makes singling out ponies around here a bit difficult, only their manes being the most noticeable amongst the crowd that you can really focus on.
>>
>>39472082
Purple mane by themself looks interesting
>>
>>39472082
Maybe one of them knows where SpaceX can be found, or any of the other spacepones
>>
>>
>>39474271
>>
>>39472082
Blue = most space like. Grandmammy Endymion said that any mare that resembles Princess Luna is trustworthy by nature. She also said that if we met Luna herself that we should do everything in our power to “explore her uncharted territories”. Going to space with Princess Luna and seeing new places sounds really cool!
>>
File: ass 84.png (15 KB, 845x837)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>39472624
>>39473390
>>39475058
>Eventually you'll find somepony that knows where a space pony is, at least that's what your mindset is set on for the time being.
>How bout that one pony over there? They're all alone in the crowd and groups, maybe they might have some ideas of where to find space ponies.
>Plus, blue manes mean space stuff, usually. It seems to be a common color theme for space, including space ponies. Though, Roscosmos's mane was red... *usually* space ponies have blue to them. As far as you know that is, but you know what seems universal for space ponies? Pure white coats, how peculiar. Wonder why that is?
>Walking up to the lone pony, you quickly introduce yourself and the situation you're in.
>"Hello? I'm looking for any space ponies around here, have you happen to see any by chance?"
>She raises an eyebrow in confusion, "You're gonna need to be more specific about that hon, there's space ponies everywhere don't ya know? I mean you're a space pony yourself with that cutie mark of yours and starry mane."
>Well she's got you there. You scrunch as you think for a bit to help narrow things down for the mare.
>"I mean... yeah, but I'm looking for ponies like SpaceX? Roscosmos? Any pony that happened to be purely white in coat color?" You elaborate further, and the mare gets her mind joggin.
>"Hmm... any white pony you say? Why, I have seen a couple around the time I've been here. A trio of em not too long ago either, and one or two on their own out and about somewhere over down that pathway ya were goin down on before ya came over here."
>You perk up, "Oh! That's... quite helpful actually! Thank you ma'am!"
>"Ah it's no problem, if I knew they were rocket ponies I'd say hello to em as well."
>You knew blue ponies were always trustworthy, more specifically that knowledge was given to you by grandmammy. Especially Luna of all blue ponies, imagine what fun you'd have with her if you ever got to be in her presence! All the fun you'd have all night with her, going to space would be amazing, after all!
>With this new information, the search continues!
>>
Bump
>>
>>39475241
Can never go wrong with the blue manes. Better follow her direction since she's trustworthy. Sure to find the other agency pones.
>>
>>39475241
An aeronautical pone, don'tcha know?
>>
>>39475241
Onward and upward!
>>
>>
>>
File: ass 85.png (20 KB, 845x837)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>39476011
>>39476012
>>39476798
>Thanks aeronautic pone, not too shocking to see one at a space center.
>After all, flight and spaceflight aren't too far off from one another, aside from the difference in altitude, and a bunch of other physics.
>You give her a quick wave goodbye and continue to walk around.
>Space ponies not too long ago she said, huh? That means they're aren't too far off from here, are they around here in the rocket garden too?
>It's pretty easy to be out of sight with all these rockets towering over the place, and the regular shrubs and bushes that dot the place.
>It shouldn't be hard to see any space ponies either, pure white coats would stick out like a sore hoof!
>You go around poking your head around the place, carefully scooting around ponies moving about and keeping your eyes out for any potential space poners.
>Making your way over to the back of the rocket garden, the spectacle of a rocket lays on it's side, but it's certainly not the only white object that catches your eye.
>There they are, just by the rocket, are the trio!
>They're currently in a sort of discussion amongst themselves, babbling about to each other.
>You're keen on walking right over and quickly interrupting their conversation to ask where SpaceX is by chance, but at the same time, sorta eavesdrop on what they're talking about.
>As you shimmy over to them, they don't seem to notice your presence. In fairness there's no reason to, ponies are all over the place! You don't really recognize who these three are either, and you're a space nerd! What are the odds anypony else would notice these three are space ponies as well?
>"I think my rocket will do great on it's first try, maybe go to orbit as well!"
>"Nuh uh! I've done so many tests by now, my rocket is guaranteed to go to orbit on the first try!"
>"Yeah yeah! Just let me know when you two actually fly them, like I've already done!"
>Ahh, a discussion full of rivalry, seems like they're having a bit of a space race competition going on amongst themselves. How cute.
>As much as you love to just stand a bit away to hear the banter, you also still would like to see SpaceX at the moment.
>>
>>39478596
Look around, maybe we will find her or we get some clues.
>>
>>39478596
Maybe they know the way to where SpaceX is? It shouldn't hurt to ask them.
>>
>>39478315
>>
Internet has been currently gone for the past 12 hours or so, no clue when it’ll return. So updates will be on hold temporarily until online connection is nominal
>>
>>39481983
Sorry to hear that. Should we keep the thread up or let it slide off?
>>
>>39478596
Green mane looks boopable.
>>
>>39482894
Seconding
>>
bump
>>
Boop
>>
Beep
>>
>>39482523
Not sure, was expecting it to return sometime later in the day, but turns out the ISP is still currently fixing whatever issue is happening. No idea if we should just let the thread get bumped off for now or not.
>>
The Equestria Space Program
if Rainbow Dash was in charge..
https://youtu.be/x8PR3QIwXHs
She'd have a giant flying gantry just to put her into her flight suit.
And the loudspeakers would be blasting out Barry Gray's score loud enough to hear it over in the Crystal Empire..
>>
>Jaxa’s H3 now has confirmed launch date and may fly next month
Selene you madmare
>>
>>39485315
I guess discovering that they don't actually need to use a lot of the heavy lifting equipments saved them a lot of time.
>>
File: ass 86.png (27 KB, 845x837)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
Internet is back, we are now go for posting!
>>39479063
>>39479353
>For a moment you consider walking away and finding the mare of your choice on your own.
>On the other hoof... it never hurts to ask them anyway, might be a good time to do so before they hurt themselves in the parking lot if their banter goes too far.
>With your presence not yet known to them, you take the advantage and trot your way over to the group as if you weren't just standing just a bit away.
>"Hey! Are you three space ponies?" You ask to the group, cutting off their conversation as they look towards you in confusion. Seems like not too many ponies ever ask them such questions.
>"Y-yeah? We are! See, I knew we'd get recognized eventually!" One of them states to the group.
>"Woah, calm down. I don't know your names, I just know pure white coats and unique cutie marks tend to mean 'space pony' to me... name's Selene by the way."
>They nod, mellowing out a bit as they introduce themselves, the yellow maned mare stepping up to the task. "Yep, it seems to be that way I've noticed. My name's Firefly! And this fellow mare is Relativity." She gestures at the black maned mare. "And that mare is ABL... don't ask her or anypony else what that stands for. Nopony knows!" Firefly elaborates.
>"A-B-L? Can I just pronounce that as 'Able?'" You ask, and the green maned mare just shrugs in response, "If you wanna, I won't stop you."
>"Cool! Firefly sounds vaguely familiar for some reason... did you happen to try to launch something by chance?" You question, and she perks up in delight.
>"Yes! Had a few issues earlier, but after a bit of time and tweaks, it finally flew! To space!" She exclaims, hopping in place with a grin.
>"Woah, that's great Firefly! And... speaking of space... do any of you three happen to know where SpaceX is by any... chance?" You asked, starting to trail off as you see their eyes widen as they gasp in excitement.
>"SpaceX??" They all exclaim, squeeing in delight.
>"Uh... yeah? I take it that you know her?"
>"Of course we do!" They say in unison, bobbing up and down in excitement.
>"Perfect! So can you three help let me know where she is at the moment then?"
>They stop in place and they chuckle sheepishly, "Uhh... yeah. None of us know exactly where she is throughout the day."
>"Oh."
>"B-but don't worry! We know where she works at! There's a couple facilities that she runs, but she's spending the most time lately on one place in particular." Firefly reassures you.
>Relativity adds in to the conversation, "Yeah! She's working on a huuuge project right now, it's absolutely bonkers I tell you! No doubt that's where she spends the most time at. We can lead you there if you like!"
>They all nod, willing to help take you where you need to go.
>>
>>39486626
Thank you! I would be grateful if you do.

If I may ask, what did you talk about?
>>
>>39486626
You're talking about her Starship program, right? I've seen the photos, thought I've heard it's difficult to comprehend its sheer size until you see it up close in person.
>>
>>39486626
Thanks for the help new frens!
>>
File: ass 87.png (6 KB, 845x837)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>39486660
>>39487444
>>39488330
>You squee, and hop in delight, "Thank you so much! Lead the way, if you may!"
>With the four of you now making your way out of the space center, you let them guide you to where SpaceX would most likely be at.
>"Hope you're used to long treks Selene, this may take a while" Firefly states.
>"No worries, I've done plenty of walking around, being an intern and all." You reply
>You look back over to the launch sites slowly shrinking as you get farther away. Where ever you're going, it's not around NASA;s launch sites.
>"Yeah, you won't see her project unfold over there anytime soon, other than launch pad construction that's underway." Relativity butts in, "Buuut, if you look really closely at that one launch pad over there..." She says as she points her hoof over to it, "My rocket is currently vertical for final testing before it flies. Oh, how swell it'd be to see that thing fly!" She grins.
>"If it does" ABL rebuts, "You'll need that launch licensing and approval first, and trust me, it was agony getting that for my rocket. That inspector mare is a pain to deal with."
>Relativity groans, "Ughh... don't remind me. I'll get to it when I get to it."
>You clear your throat a bit to get their attention, putting their convo on pause as you shimmy yourself into it, "So, speaking of your rockets. If I can ask, what were you three talking about before I came up for help?"
>"Oh that's easy." Said Firefly, "It started off when I told them the news that I made it to space before they did, and then they said they think their rockets will do better than mine on the first try."
>"Straight to orbit on the first go" ABL adds, "Firefly's rocket blew up midair on it's first try, may I remind you?"
>"Orbit on the second try is still impressive!"
>"Your stage separation needed some work though." Relativity points out, making Firefly scrunch.
>"And yet, the launch went on flawlessly" Firefly rebuts, "Anyway, that's the whole gist of it before you showed up Selene."
>"I see, I see..." You say with a nod, "You know, I have permission to help out any space pony, so mind if you can let me see your rockets sometime?" You ask.
>"There'll be plenty of rockets to see Selene, for sure we'd let you see ours!" Relativity gladfully answers, "Us three like to hang out a lot with each other, but there's plenty more like us with their own rockets!"
>"Speaking of rockets! Look, we're getting closer now! That whole facility and launch site is just on the horizon!" ABL points out to the horizon, a facility now within sight of you.
>>
>>39488520
>From this distance you can clearly see the structures forming a skyline as the four of you trek ever so closer.
>"Wait, is this that Starship program SpaceX has been doing? I've seen the photos, and that's definitely the place." You ask.
>"Oh yeah, that's the place Selene. Lucky day for you isn't it?" Firefly confirms your suspicions with a chuckle. "Trust me, it looks much bigger seeing it with your eyes!"
>You still have yet to get up close and personal with the facility, but if you're getting this level of detail just from this distance, you can't fathom just how massive all of this will look once you arrive.
>>
>>39488520
>>39488521
It's gotta be pretty big. At least as big as forty cows, if not greater
>>
>>39488521
Want to hug cute pones.
What do they want to do once they get their rockets up there?
Satellites, probes?
>>
Boop
>>
File: ass 88.png (9 KB, 845x837)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>39489508
>>39490904
>Trot trot trot you go, with the trio of space mares wanting their try to make it big in commercial spaceflight.
>With so many of these ponies in particular, it tickles your brain of what their goals are in doing so anyway. Never hurts to ask!
>"So what exactly are you sending up to space with your rockets anyway?" You asked the three. "Is there some sort of plan you have going with it or...?"
>"Well, for my test flight, there's no payload on board." Relativity replies. "There will be payload after that though, I just have to prove my rocket can work, you know? I want to be just like SpaceX, I even designed my own fully reusable rocket, albeit smaller than what's being built over there, but still!"
>"Relativity is an ambitious mare, Selene." Firefly jests, "I got a bigger rocket in the works as well, along with a nifty satellite bus and a moon lander to put payloads on the moon! Best of all, SpaceX is helping me out with that by using her rocket to send it there, so cool isn't it!?"
>You nod, "Yeah! Though, is your next upcoming rocket not able to send your lander to the Moon?"
>"Selene, it takes time to build a new rocket, my moon lander is ready to go to space by next year. And most aren't keen on putting their own spacecraft on a rocket on it's very first launch."
>"Riiiight... I can understand." You look over to ABL. "What about you?"
>"Oh, me?" She points to herself. "Well... I don't have any plans for bigger rockets. Unlike these mares, I'll be able to set up a launch site anywhere around the world as long as I'm provided a concrete pad to work with! Can these mares put a control room in a cargo container? I think not! My system will be enough to keep the bits flowing, I wager."
>"Low cost and putting rockets in shipping containers? Why have I heard of this before?" Firefly smirks.
>"Oh no, Firefly. Don't you dare!"
>These mares are so cute when they bicker like this, you just wanna hug em so hard. Boop even.
>You bet despite all their competitive talk they'd cuddle at a sleepover.
>Now you wish you're surrounded by cute space mares as you snooze right now, that'd be the life.
>Your daydreaming is interrupted by a space mare nudging you to take a look at the launch site.
>"Selene, we're just about here! What a view isn't it? Telling ya, this program is bonkers to view unfold!"
>Now much closer to the launch site, the size of everything makes you feel... well, pretty damn insignificant. Holy unicorn horns that thing is big! Not even just the rocket stages either, that launch tower is more than enough to show the sheer scale of things.
>>
>>39491517
Luckily, our constant lectures about the size of the cosmos from our family have prepared us for very big things. Also our rocket is totally gonna be like, WAY bigger. AND it'll have heated seats. And cup holders. And even a racing stripe!
>>
>>39491517
T-that's so big...
>>
Bump
>>
>>39492869
>>
>>39492241
It's enough to make a poni go "Whoa."
>>
>>39493462
>>
File: ass 89.png (7 KB, 845x837)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>39491532
>>39492241
>>39494096
>Jeez these rockets are big.. s-so big!
>But you know the universe out there is much more larger than anything else you'll see here in Equestria! In the future, you'll have your own rocket that's even bigger! With cool things in it, like heated seats and cup holders. Oh, and a racing stripe, maybe with flames on the side of it! Everypony knows flames painted on something makes it go faster right?
>But first, your internship takes priority. Time to start looking for that space mare! Now that you're here, the trio isn't too obligated to stick around anymore, but you turn to them to see if they're willing to help out some more.
>"Think you ponies can stick around to find SpaceX?" You ask.
>"Yeah, I think I have time to stick around for a bit" Relativity answered, Firefly nodding with her response.
>ABLpone takes out a watch to take a look at the time, and her eyes widen in surprise.
>"Woah, looks like it's about time for me to head back, I got a rocket to launch!" ABL informs you and the group.
>You pout, "Aww, so soon?"
>"Yeah, the launch window is near and I really need this rocket to fly."
>You give her a quick hug, "Good luck with your launch, just keep us updated if you get it off the ground."
>She nods, "I will! I'm confident that it'll fly this time!"
>Taking the opportunity, you give her a boop on her snoot, she wrinkles her snoot in response. "And a boop for good luck!" You say with a squee, totally not making an excuse to continue the trend of booping space ponies.
>As she heads out, waving each other goodbye for now, Relativity points towards the direction of the facility. "Oh hey, there's some activity going on over there, looks like they're moving a booster towards here."
>You turn to look and... whoa, down the road the launch site connects to is a massive booster slowly making it's way from the facility. How did we miss that? A little too distracted at the tall structures already around the place maybe? Something so large moving so slowly can just sneak up on ya if you aren't paying attention!
>Alongside the booster are little specks moving with it, most likely ponies keeping an eye on it during transport.
>Quite the entourage, could any one of them be SpaceX?
>>
>>39494964
Makes sense for her to be where the action is. Question is, do we trot up to the booster, or just wait for it to reach us?
>>
>>39494964
They probably won't mind us taking a look at it.
>>
>>39496824
>>
goodnight bump
>>
File: ass 90.png (12 KB, 845x837)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>39495334
>>39495943
>Watching the booster move, you wonder how close you can get to it. I mean, it's a gigantic thing they're moving, will they let you look at it up close?
>Doesn't hurt to see, but you think whether to let it come towards you or make your way over to it.
>At the same time... it's moving quite slowly.
>"Think we could walk over there?" You ask the remaining two space mares.
>"Well..." Says Relativity. "This road is public, so anypony is allowed to traverse on it, including us. They can't stop us from staring as long as we don't get too close."
>Huh, the more you know?
>"What are we waiting for then? Lets go!" You galloped off, the space mares following behind as you make your way over to the booster.
>Honestly, it feels like it wouldn't stop getting bigger the closer you got, but that's simply the sheer scale of things... and the fact that things are bigger when you get closer. This is basic knowledge on how perspective works Selene
>You do figure out when you're close to seeing it at it's fullest size for your pony eyes, when the transporter itself is about going to run you over if you don't move out of the way.
>It wouldn't even be quick either considering it's trotting pace speed, how agonizing. In fairness, if you somehow didn't move out of the way... can't deny you might've asked for it.
>Speaking of which... you scoot to the side of the road, so the transporter can make way unimpeded.
>"Oh hey, fancy seeing you over here!" Waved out a familiar mare, laying on top of the weights on the transporter.
>Oh fug, it's SpaceX! About time, maybe even just in time too? Whatever SpaceX is planning at the moment, she's sure present for it, giving herself a free ride on the transporter.
>>
>>39499032
(Trot alongside the crawler)
Hello SpaceX! I just got back from Jaxa's facility, mind if I tag along and have a look around yours next?
>>
zeteticist mare when?
>>
>>39499032
Look her straight in the eyes and go
"Do you ever, think like, to begin to be if upon a time was once a time that you ever took the time and generally went ahead with being as far as to go to even be upon?"
>>
>>39499700
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hf9jdzWmdc
RUH ROH RAGGY
>>
Bump
>>
>>39499032
qt
>>
>>39499513
need a Red's Rhetoric pone
>>
>>39499700
Anon pls
>>
>>
File: ass 91.png (13 KB, 845x837)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>39499277
>>39499700
>You run up closer, turning around to now walk the opposite direction as you start trotting alongside the crawler.
>"Hello SpaceX! I just got back from Jaxa's facility, mind if I tag along and have a look around yours next?"
>She nods, "Go nuts, you'll be seeing quite a spectacle real soon here."
>Now that you're face to face with the SpaceX mare, some burning questions go through your mind.
>Looking straight into her eyes you try to get them out into words.
>"Do you ever, think like... to begin to be, if upon a time... was once a time- I mean that you ever took the time, and the... uhh,,, being as far as to go to even... umm, be upon?"
>What the hay were you even trying to say, was that supposed to be a philosophical question Selene? Whatever that was, you fumbled so hard you swear you could smell the burnt toast in the air.
>SpaceX looks equally as concerned after what the fuck you just tried to say.
>"Selene... are you autistic?" She asks.
>"W-wha, N-no! No I'm not!"
>"It's alright if you are you know? There's so many geeks, nerds, and spergs in this line of tech. Can you blame em though? Look at this thing right here, it's awesome!" She says pointing at the booster. It is quite the sight to behold, she is right about that.
>"Besides, I bet you'd be one of those ponies that stand out here on this road to ogle and take photos of the progress this facility had made over the days. Been like that since I started this program, from simple fuel tanks to what you see now. That kind of dedication I can respect... you're not here to just be a tank watcher, right?"
>You shake your head no, "No! I don't want to just stare at rocket progress, I want to be part of it!"
>SpaceX smirks, "That's the spirit! Hope it was like that for Jaxa, when it comes to her and her rocket progress she can be a bit of a dark horse at times. No pun intended."
>You laugh sheepishly "Haha... yeaah. We both learned a lot today..."
>The sound of galloping is heard to the side, coming from the space mare duo you left a bit in the dust.
>"Selene wait up! You can really trot so fast when you're excited!"
>"It's SpaceX! Oh my gosh, hiii, it's us!"
>SpaceX waves at them back, "Firefly! Hey Relativity, did Selene drag you here?"
>"Other way around actually" You corrected. "There was a third, but they had their first launch to attend to."
>SpaceX nods, "If you aren't there to watch your first ever launch, are you really a space pony?"
>Take mental notes Selene, as someday you could be a space pony too!
>>
>>39502603
Are you taking the booster to the launch site for more testing? You must be getting pretty close to an actual flight test, right?
>>
>>39491517
>"Low cost and putting rockets in shipping containers? Why have I heard of this before?" Firefly smirks.
>"Oh no, Firefly. Don't you dare!"

I hope we can comfort Astrapone at some point. I bet she could use a hug or two.

>>39502603
We lifted some engines and fired one. I see this big boy has, um, a few installed already, are you going to test fire them, too? Maybe even more than one at a time?
>>
Bumpa
>>
>>39502603
Should Selene get tested for autism?
>>
>>39504174
That would keep us from ogling rockets, though. And they might decide we aren't allowed around rockets anymore on account of studying whether our incredible autism affects those around us.
>>
>>39502603
>”We both learned a lot today...”
Jaxa sure did, we blew her mind with the power of magic!
>>
File: ass 92.png (29 KB, 845x837)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>39503085
>>39503634
>>39504174
>>39504379
>>39504883
>Though, you do contemplate whether you should see if you actually are autistic.
>Wait... no, might not be a good idea. What if they'll stop your rocket ogling because of it? Doesn't stop some ponies, sure, but what if they keep you around for study? The odds are low, but it's never zero!
>Speaking of studying, you inform SpaceX of the testing you got to help do at Jaxa's facility.
>"Oh, right! I got to move engines around at Jaxa's place, and even got to be in the control room to fire one up!"
>SpaceX grins. "Sweet! Nice to hear Jaxa is moving along with her rocket development!"
>"Yeah! Even blew her mind by showing her magic abilities!"
>"I'm sure she's seen unicorns before Selene"
>"Uhh, actually SpaceX, it had nothing to do with unicorns but rather-"
>A faint bang is heard in the far distance, making everypony pause for a quick moment.
>"What was that? Did somepony drop something" Asked SpaceX.
>Everypony shrugs, looking around to not see anything off as far as you can see.
>"Must've been over the horizon then... spooky!"
>"Right..." You say, looking back towards her as you continue to stroll along. The transporter turning it's way into the launch site, security ponies stepping aside as SpaceX gives you and the other two space pones clearance into the facility.
>"About this booster... I see it's got a few installed on it already."
>SpaceX laughs, "You're so funny Selene! 'A few...' Booster 7 has all 33 engines it needs put in place! It's going straight onto the launch mount!"
>33 engines...
>You almost feel your legs becoming jelly at such a high number for a rocket. Get yourself together Selene!
>"W-wooah... That's so many! Are you going to test them out as well? Maybe even more than one in one go?"
>"How cute Selene, of course I'm going to test them, I've fired up 14 of them all at once from this booster before! Haven't decided if I should fire all 33 for this next test, but I know I may have to do so eventually."
>You look up to see the launch mount and tower right in front of your eyes, booster beside them, it really sinks in just how much force all those engines would be putting out.
>33 engines... oh Luna...
>>
>>39506253
Sounds like someone's launch just got delayed.

33 is a lot of engines, Selene. You should count them and make sure. After all, we wouldn't want her to fire with the wrong number of engines! It would screw up the weight to fuel ratio
>>
File: Spoiler Image (33 KB, 591x261)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>39506253
Mmm, forbidden waffles. Who eats waffles with chopsticks, though?

>>39506261
Yeah, delayed...
>>
>>39506444
F.
That's a peculiar failure mode, I wonder if the issue is computer or guidance related
>>
>>39506731
I vote computer, sounds like a failsafe
>>
>>39506253
"I wish to be the little engine"
Moot Sugondeez, founder of reddgag
>>
Boop
>>
>>39502603
SpaceX would be able to sniff out an autist.
>>
>>39507962
Cutting all engines sounds like the opposite of a failsafe. What's the point of using nine engines if you're not even going to try build in some engine-out redundancy?
>>
>>39509534
Perhaps the failsafe is supposed to turn off individual engines, but something else went wrong and triggered it for all. As for redundancy, more weight=more fuel needed.
>>
>>39509534
the engines cutting out is better than them overheating and detonating, the problem is that the issue wasn't caught before it was released.
>>
Bump
>>
File: ass 93.png (12 KB, 845x837)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>39506261
>>39508041
>It's hard to believe that there's that many stuffed underneath that booster, it must be awfully crowded in there!
>You see the outer ring of engines, obviously you could. The underside looks like there's enough room on the stand the booster sits on to crawl underneath.
>Yeah, you could let those chopsticks pick the booster up, but then you wouldn't be able to get up close to all that engine spaghetti!
>"Hey SpaceX, can I perhaps... climb up onto the transporter with you?" You ask.
>"I'm on here, you can too" She says, patting the floor to get you to come up.
>With a jump and a grunt, you climb your way onto the transporter floor
>Whew, maybe you do need to get a workout routine going at some point
>Alright, time to take a peek underneath!
>"Where are you going Selene?" SpaceX asks as you were about to make your way under the booster.
>"O-oh! Uh, just making sure all the engines are put in place, yeah! Can't fire all of them if one is unaccounted for!" You explained.
>No idea if she bought the excuse, but she shrugs and waves her hoof, "I'll be here keeping an eye on you, just in case."
>You nod and turn towards the stand, and ready yourself to get underneath.
>The gap is narrow, forcing you to duck down pretty low to clear your head through the opening. You hear the space mare behind you say "nice" as you get the rest of your body through, pretty much crawling on the transporter floor. Ew, you're getting all dusty!
>But it's so worth it, engine nozzles not even a hoof away from your face! The center of the engine section looks surprisingly more roomier than you thought, the center 3 engines having a bit of wiggle room to work with. Not seeing any obvious gaps where an engine would be, it sure looks like every engine is indeed all in their proper positions.
>>
>>39510303
Yep, 33 engines all present and accounted for.
>>
>>39510303
"Why do they call it transport when you of in the cold orbit of out hot boost the rocket?
>>
>>39510943
"Call an ambulance, I think I'm suffering from a stroke."
>>
>>39510303
Identifying engines
Yup, it's 33 engines.
>You hear the space mare behind you say "nice"
Great, SpaceX appreciating our curiosity and hoof-on spirit and definitely not any other assets

>>39510943
OK, one time was funny and all, but now I'm getting a bit concerned about our mental state as well.
>>
>>39510303
>"nice"
Yeah, I really like looking at engines too. I'm glad you feel the same.
>>
File: ass 94.png (18 KB, 845x837)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>39510478
>>39510943
>>39511598
>Time to count! 1...2...3...
>...3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21...
>27...30, and the center 3 adds it all up to 33! Yup, can now confirm that's all of them, present and accounted for!
>SpaceX must be so proud of you, she must've been impressed how you managed to get underneath all of this. It's lovely having ponies supporting one's curiosity and hooves-on approach to things!
>You turn around and begin making your way out from under the booster, looking up to SpaceX as you give her the news.
>"All of them are indeed under the booster as they should be!"
>She smiles and nods, "Good job Selene, you'll be a pro at this in no time! Now time to get this lad off the transporter and onto the launch mount!"
>You had a thing to say, but your face sorta blanks out as the words clump up in your head before you spoke. SpaceX however, picks up on this quickly and responds first before you embarrass yourself.
>"Selene, you're not thinking of saying something ridiculous are you?" She asks sternly.
>You quickly shake your head no, not wanting to upset your higher up.
>"Okay good, because quite frankly Selene, I don't know if ponies would be willing to hire you if you got the unexplainable case of tardettes."
>Both of you pause for a moment.
>"I mean... our tower is the finest launch building around these parts, and the tallest! Yeah, if you like I can take you up there and let you have the view of the whole site while the booster is lifted." She suggests, starting to scoot her way off of the weights of the transporter.
>Woah, an opportunity to go up on the launch tower?
>"Or you can watch it from down here, or on the launch mount, perhaps even on the road to get it nicely in your field view."
>A hoof waves to get SpaceX's attention.
>"Can we still come with" Asks one of the space mare pair.
>"Sure! Maybe I can treat you two with some froyo during your time here!" She replies as she makes her way down onto the transporter.
>"Yay!" The two space mares cheer.
>>
>>39514504
Froyo! Which flavor?
>>
>>39514504
>Up the tower
Oh yes, please. The view must be incredible.

>>39514511
Wouldn't we all like to know
>>
Boop
>>
Beep
>>
>>39517206
>>
>>39514504
I wonder if we can see how ABL's rocket launch went from up there?
>>
File: ass 95.png (6 KB, 845x837)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>39514511
>>39515597
>>39517713
>You hop up and down in excitement, "I wanna go up! Check out how far I can see from up there!"
>SpaceX chuckles, as she slips down onto the transporter. "You sure? It's awfully high up you know?"
>You nod, still persistent on going anyway. "I'll just not look straight down then?"
>SpaceX shrugs, and hops off the transporter, making a hoof motion to get the group following behind her as you all make your way towards the launch tower. She guides you three around towards the back, where an opening is available to walk past the thick concrete walls surrounding the base of the tower.
>With a boop of a button on the wall, the elevator opens up and she motions you all inside, closing the elevator gates behind her.
>This is the least fanciest elevator ride you've been in, and maybe for a moment be concerned about just how safe this thing really was. Not much choice on which to take, since it's this or an unholy amount of stairs to get to the top.
>"Where's the froyo?" Asks Firefly.
>"This is a launch tower, not a food stand. We'll get some when the time comes." SpaceX explains.
>"What flavor though?" You ask curiously, you could go for some froyo right now, especially while being in the tower. The concrete heated up by the sun really warms the place up a bit.
>"Any kind? There's quite a selection, but the flavor of the day is mint chocolate." She explains, making you pout a bit.
>"Oh... I thought there'd be more interesting flavor names."
>"What, you thought I'd have some wacky flavor names like 'Heatshield Tiles n Cream' or 'Minty Methane Blast?'"
>You sorta shrug and smile awkwardly "I don't know, I sorta assumed that you do... to which you should by the way."
>The elevator dings and the doors open up, we're at the highest the elevator can go!
>It doesn't take a moment to process that you're really fucking high up now, from what you can see over the horizon. You cam see Missle Row and all the buildings accompanying it, along with the VAB and the Space Center you once were at earlier!
>Even more places dot the ground in the distance, but what really catches your attention is a cloud of dark smoke in the distance.
>"Uhh, SpaceX? Where's that smoke plume coming from?" You ask, pointing your hoof over in the direction of the smoke.
>"Oh, that's the Frozen North Spaceport Complex. It's usually pretty uneventful since nopony ever really uses it other than two ponies as far as I'm aware of. Looks like something went boom at one of the three launch sites they have over there."
>"Hmm..." You say to yourself, not taking much brainpower at all to connect the dots as to who's rocket it came from. If you managed to get up here earlier you might've been able to actually watch the attempt unfold.
>Not a good day for ABL it seems...
>>
>>39518406
A vital lesson and a reminder: the first launch almost never goes to plan. Something to remember for when we start developing our own rockets, we must plan for the budget in such a way that the initial string of failures won't tank the project.
Still, hope ABL is doing okay and the pad isn't too badly damaged.
>>
>>39518406
Looks like ABL wasn't able
>>
>>39518406
Well, Guess we figured out what that noise was now.
>>
>>39518406
What a view
>>
>>39518406
That jet is flying pretty close, I hope it isn't violating any TFRs.
>>
bump
>>
File: ass 96.png (16 KB, 845x837)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>39518852
>>39518933
>>39519480
>>39521318
>"Looks like our fellow space mare wasn't ABL to make it to space today" Relativity points out.
>...
>"W-what? There was an opportunity and I took it!"
>"Just don't be surprised if we make puns when your first launch doesn't end well either." SpaceX points out.
>And a good point she makes too, it's a good thing to keep in mind, even for yourself. It's best to expect that the first try of launching any rocket you create will most likely go wrong in one way or another.
>Lets try to not go broke when you start making rockets of your own, you're asking for a miracle to get everything right on the first try.
>"I remember my first launch like it was yesterday, good times. I miss going to that island, it was a bit comfy." SpaceX reminisces.
>"How did it turn out?" You ask, making her chuckle.
>"Went up for half a minute, a rusted bolt popped loose and killed the engine, fell back down... boom! About as well as you expect for a first attempt." She explains, Firefly perking up to put in her two cents.
>"Yeah, my first try didn't end well either. A cable came loose and shut off one of the engines. Was not able to push past the sound barrier and it spun out. The pony who had the job of pushing the self destruct button must've had the best time of their life."
>"The footage was pretty wicked, not gonna lie. Still think Astra's attempts were the best I've seen in some time." SpaceX says.
>"Who's Astra? Is she like these two lovely mares here?" You question, and they all nod in response.
>"Yeah, launching small satellites was her thing. Hasn't been the best time for her lately..." SpaceX looks over at the smoke plume in the distance.
>"...Hopefully ABL's rocket didn't damage Astra's pad as well, the poor mare needs a break for once."
>You squint trying to get any more detail of the launch sites over there, but it's too far away... you're not gonna figure out who's launchpad is who's from here anyway.
>You do see a plane passing by, a bit close actually. "That plane's flying pretty close, don't you think?"
>"From the color scheme that appears to be Virgin Orbit's plane, must be making it's way back to the mainland from overseas." SpaceX informs you, the other mares hopping in place happily.
>"...How many of these mares are there??" You blurt out as SpaceX puts her hooves on your shoulders.
>"There's so many Selene! Don't get me wrong, I love them. They all remind me of when I was younger, but... they've popped up everywhere lately. Sometimes I feel like my existence has something to do with it, hmm... but who knows, right?"
>>
File: happy_hoppy_twi_2.gif (1.24 MB, 295x376)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB GIF
>>39522016
>happy hopping space mares
cute
>>
>>39521857
>>
>>39522016
>Too many space mares
Nonsense, that just means more cute mares to boop. Like SpaceX right now, she’s in prime boop range.
>>
bump
>>
>>39522016
Hug
>>
>>39524176
>>
File: ass 97.png (15 KB, 845x837)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>39523421
>>39524889
>You're not sure what compelled you to do this, maybe it's her hooves being on your shoulders, but you go in for a hug.
>SpaceX poker faces at your actions, but just wraps her hooves around you as she goes with the hug. The two space mares beside you two d'aww at the sight.
>"How sweet!" Firefly says, as Relativity leans over to her ear, whispering why you and SpaceX are hugging. She only shrugs in response, neither of them knowing the meaning behind your intentions.
>SpaceX pulls away from the embrace, still confused yet also feeling warm inside.
>"I'll never know what goes on in that head of yours Selene." She says.
>You shrug. "Hey, I can't help myself sometimes, you all look cute and cuddly. And most importantly, very tempting to do... this!" You say, reaching your hoof out right towards SpaceX's snoot.
>Boop!
>Space mare booped, that's another on the list!
>Her snoot scrunches, looking quite surprised.
>"W-woah... be mindful of booping ponies. You never know how they'll feel about that." SpaceX points out to you. As far as you're aware there's not much wrong in booping... do some ponies see boops as something else?
>"Anyway... are you interested in getting some froyo now? We might have to get off of the tower soon to vacate the launch site anyway if I want any testing done around here. Rockets don't just get printed out like a photocopier you know!"
>Relativity gives SpaceX the quintessential mare stare at her, quickly making her reword her sentence.
>"I-I mean, my rockets don't get printed out, that is. Haha, Relativity will have to prove that printed rockets can go to space, won't you?" She asks Relativity, and she nods excitedly.
>>
Let's go, there's a froyo waiting with our name on it!
>>
>>39525457
>on top of tower
>Don't take a look at the site itself
Come on, it's just a truckload of tents and tanks and machinery and rings and rockets to draw ^:)

Printing rockets, huh? So how much of it can you print?
>>
>>39525457
Booping cuties makes my heart swell.
>>
up
>>
>>39527184
>>
>>39525457
Think we'll get a chance to boop a rocket at some point?
>>
>>39527953
>>
File: ass 98.png (9 KB, 845x837)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>39525960
>>39526061
>>39526651
>>39528363
>Oh boy, boops and froyo! Well, she only said froyo, but you really love booping these cuties too. As a matter of fact, you haven't booped Firefly and Relativity yet, but since they're tagging along for now, you have plenty of time to plan out your boops!
>They start to make their way back to the elevator, but you'd like to take a look at the view one more time. Standing by the fence, you take a look down at the site and...
>Oooof... you can feel the vertigo kicking in now, the feeling that you might slip and take a plunge to your early demise. Everypony looking like ants from up here, the insane height really gives you a unique perspective on the size of this launch facility.
>You stumble back and turn around, joining the space mares to the elevator to descend down the tower. So that's why you didn't look straight down...
>As your mind spins for a moment, you try to think about other things to take your mind off of it. What did SpaceX mention, printing rockets? Is that even a thing, how is Relativity make a rocket by printing one... like 3D printing right?
>"So uh... explain more to me about this... rocket printing? How does it work?" You asked, totally intrigued in the process behind it, and not taking mental notes for when you go make your own rocket.
>"Oh! Well, how I'm doing it, you know how welds is just putting down metal to conjoin other bits of metal together? It's just like laying down welds! Except the whole rocket is made out of it. It's harder to pull off than you think it is." Relativity explains.
>A metal 3D printer? Is that pretty much what she's built for herself to use? And for a whole rocket nonetheless? That's actually pretty impressive. As the elevator stops and opens the door, you continue the convo as you walk out.
>"Woah, you're actually printing out a whole rocket? All of it?"
>She shakes her head, "Ehh, not all of it. The engines and fuel tanks are of course, but there's just a few bits that aren't printed out. Currently the rocket on the pad is about 85% printed, but I'd like to bump that percentage up to 95%. Once I build more of my printers, I'll never have to put work into building a rocket body when I can print almost all of it without effort! Cool isn't it?"
>You nod eagerly, taking in the knowledge into that head of yours. As much as you like to build your own, or even boop, your own rocket, you're not really sure where to start. Well, at least these three space mares could help with that
>As everypony makes their way to the production facility, you look back at the launch site to see the booster being lifted into position for testing, the Starship spacecraft patiently waiting for its turn onto the booster for testing as well.
>SpaceX is awfully close to getting that thing flying. What sorts of tests she needs to finish off is not too hard to figure out. Just a launch rehearsal and a 33 engine test, but in which order is up to anyone's guess.
>>
>>39529276
Let's watch the stacking operations while eating our froyos.
>>
>>39529940
We've yet to decide on a flavour.
>>
>>39530041
Flavour of the day, obviously. Minty Methane Blast all the way. Although I gotta say Tank Tube Toffee and Orbital Lemon Munch sound enticing as well. And can't go wrong with ol' faithful Starhopper Crispy Concrete Crunch.
>>
>>39529276
Ask her if she's ever eaten a whole pickle
>>
>>39530368
Dill, sweet or hot?
>>
>>39530368
Why?
>>
File: ass 99.png (13 KB, 845x837)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>39529940
>>39530041
>>39530205
>>39530368
>As you trot down the road, another transporter is seen making it's way down the road, this time with a Starship rather than a booster.
>"Another rocket? When you're getting things ready for testing real soon??" You look over to SpaceX, and she nods.
>"You make the most of every second Selene. Minutes wasted getting the rocket stacked is minutes that can be used to move the next Starship down to the site for it's own testing." She explains. Talk about being a busy mare, does she even sleep at this rate?
>As everypony yields to the transporter making way, you can't help but think about that froyo. Have you even eaten today? No wonder your thoughts are filled with food, you must be starving!
>What froyo flavors does she have anyway? When in doubt, just pick the flavor of the day, of course!
>Minty Methane Blast all the way. Although Tank Tube Toffee and Orbital Lemon Munch are enticing flavors as well. And can't go wrong with ol' faithful Starhopper Crispy Concrete Crunch. Oh hey, those flavors rhymed!
>...You should write these down, these flavor names you're making would definitely add some pizazz to things!
>Hehe, pizazz. Pizza. Sounds good about now, anything really. Chips, more coffee, hayburger... mmm, burger. With pickles! You could eat a whole pickle right now, as weird as it sounds. It's not weird right? Ponies do that you're sure of it... right? You look over to SpaceX walking beside you, just can't help but wonder...
>"Have you ever eaten a whole pickle before?" You ask curiously, the question throwing her completely off guard as she looks over to you with an awkward scrunch on her face.
>"W-what kind of pickle are you talking about?"
>"The ones in the jar, duh. What other kinds of pickles are you thinking of that you'd put on a hayburger?" You question her.
>"Well there's dill pickles, sweet pickles, spicy ones too." Relativity says as she joins in on the conversation.
>"There's more than one kind of pickle??" SpaceX blurts out, Relativity nodding in response.
>"Yeah. I like regular dill pickles, especially ones with some crunch to it, very satisfying."
>"Since when you gals became pickle connoisseurs? But speaking of food, we're here!" SpaceX points over to a building in front of them. Looks like an ordinary building with an interesting pavilion built in front of it.
>"Tada! It's my restaurant I got going around here for the employees! I call it, The Prancing Pony! At least that's what I'd like to call it. Don't keep yourselves waiting either, it's all on me today!"
>>
>>39532749
As much as we want to, we can't survive on just coffee beans and froyo alone. Now's as good a time as any to have lunch.
>>
>>39532749
Yeah, sorry to immediately abuse your hospitality SpaceX, but I think we might need to indulge in more than just a froyo.
>>
>>39532749
Do those things fold down?
>>
Bump
>>
>>
>>39534782
>>
>>39535401
>>
File: ass 100.png (19 KB, 845x837)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>39533273
>>39533336
>>39533836
>Oh sweet, all on the house too? How generous of her!
>Which you're definitely going to abuse when you're gonna stuff yourself full of food.
>Sorry SpaceX, we can't just live off of coffee and froyo forever, even though that certainly would be the good life if that was possible.
>As you walk under the pavilion, those flaps jutting from the sides look a lot like Starship flaps.
>All stainless steel and large too, like the real thing! Actually, there's even hinge points on it, is this an actual flap?
>"You like the flaps? Thought it'd look nice on here, doesn't it? Makes the dining experience more authentic when there's real components used as décor." SpaceX explains.
>"Oh, they're real? Can they like, fold downwards too, or what?" You ask.
>"What? No, of course not! It's decoration, they aren't supposed to flap about, that's reserved for the actual rockets being made."
>Lame, but if they did move, it'd be a particularly bad day for anypony underneath if one folded down onto them.
>You shrug, and make your way to the building, that's where the real magic is at!
>As you walk inside, chimes ring as the door brushes up against them. It's pretty cozy, and empty as well. Guess it isn't lunch hours yet for the employees.
>You greet the mare at the counter, who seems to be bored out of her mind judging by her unenthusiastic expression.
>The space mares soon follow inside and join you by the counter, which immediately perks the cashier right up.
>"Hello! Welcome to the Prancing Pony! Where we serve the finest Equestrian food to satisfy your pony needs! From the simple hayburger to a Canterlot course meal, we'll get it done! And of course, can't forget our classic froyo! Flavor of the day is chocolate mint! Available for free for any SpaceX employee!"
>>
>>39536241
Can't go wrong with a hayburger, I guess we'll go with the flavor of the day for the froyo. Oh, and do they also serve iced latte? I feel like we're due for another caffeine boost.

While we wait for the food let's chat a bit more with the other aspiring rocket mares, what sort of niche do they expect to fill with their rockets?
>>
>>39536241
Cute servicemare
>>
>>39536241
We'll take a double hayburger with cheese, haybacon, hash browns, and a sunny side up egg, done over easy. And maybe some fries on the side.
>>
>>
>>39537581
>>39536640
fat
>>
File: Spoiler Image (404 KB, 1180x1780)
404 KB
404 KB PNG
>>39538514
>>
>>39538583
Not fat yet , still cute nerd.
>>
>>39538583
cute as fuck
>>
File: ass 101.png (11 KB, 845x837)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>39536640
>>39537581
>You consider just getting a hayburger, you're not a fancy mare in any circumstance. What does a Canterlot mare know about rocket science anyhow?
>Fuck it, you're hungry. Might as well go all out or go home.
>"Alright, I'll take a double hayburger with cheese, haybacon, hash browns, and a sunny side up egg, done over easy. And maybe some fries on the side. Any iced lattes here by chance? If so, I'd have one please, and the complimentary froyo to go along with everything. Minty Methane Blast of course."
>The servicemare raises an eyebrow at you on the last statement.
>"The umm, chocolate mint flavor. Or is it mint chocolate?"
>The mares giggle a bit, "She's been coming up with flavor names for the froyos, it seems!" Says SpaceX. "Perhaps I can use them to spice up the menu a bit, don't you think? Or would it all sound a bit tacky?"
>You and the others shrug, "I'll have some froyo of the day too please! And so does her." Firefly tells the servicemare as she puts her order in, and points to Relativity for her froyo. "Do you serve energy drinks here?"
>The mare at the counter shrugs, "I can go check for you. Would that be all?"
>Firefly nods, and lets Relativity make her order. "Not feeling too hungry at the moment, but can I get a pretzel. A good sized one I mean. Cheese dip included."
>"Alright, just wait here and your orders will all come soon!" The servicemare smiles as she makes her way to the kitchen to pass on the orders.
>As you all wait, you look over to the two mares in particular. Might as well get some small talk from them.
>"So what are both your goals with your rockets? Or at least what niche do you plan to fill with them?"
>"Oh that's easy." Relativity answers. "Our rockets currently are made to launch small satellites into orbit, but both of us are making rockets that can carry heavier ones in the future. My next rocket being printed, and fully reusable of course!"
>SpaceX leans in a bit towards you. "Yeah, she's making a smaller version of my rocket. Nothing wrong with taking inspiration from others, right?"
>Before Relativity makes any remarks, the servicemare comes out with the cups of froyo! Didn't take too long to get the froyo ready compared to the rest of the food being prepped.
>"Froyos are done, enjoy!" She passes them out onto the counter for the group to enjoy. Yay!
>>
>>39538583
Would grope this mare
>>39539360
Eat it in a way that is just odd and full of innuendo, in the kind of way deepthroating a banana and licking it is strange, rather than just taking bites out of it like a normal person

When questioned, insist that this way of eating is normal and there is nothing strange about it, and completely fail to see how eating froyo in such a manner can be considered lewd even if they try to explain it to you
>>
>>39539429
Do not licc the froyo
>>
Bump
>>
>>39538583
>butt freckles
Oh dear lord
>>
absolutely do
>>
>>39539360
consume froyo
>>
>>39536241
I bet this mare smells nice
>>
>>39540050
>>
>>39541952
>>
File: ass 102.png (15 KB, 689x651)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>39539429
>>39539548
>>39540573
>>39540578
>With froyo in hoof, you go in for the lick.
>Wait, do you use the spoon instead?
>Nah, ponies have tongues for a reason, and so you lick.
>Delicious cool minty goodness, with chocolate flavor mixed in as you enjoy your treat. The other space mares though, look at you funny. Firefly scoots away to explore a bit to avoid the awkward situation at hoof.
>"Can you try not eating it like that? It's... pretty odd." SpaceX says to you, now you stop eating in confusion.
>"Huh? What do you mean?" You ask, and she shakes her head.
>"Nevermind, but try eating it like a normal pony next time."
>You shrug, wondering what that was all about, looking over to Relativity to see how normal ponies eat it.
>Aaaaand Relativity dives right in, nomming it down happily as the froyo gets smeared on her muzzle.
>And she said she wasn't that hungry, right...
>But Celestia damn it, these ponies are too adorable for you own good. Hope all that food you ordered isn't what'll clog your arteries up for good after this.
>You hear a squee from around the corner as hoof steps are heard coming closer.
>It's Firefly, and has returned with a can in her mouth. Must've gotten that energy drink she was wanting.
>Coffee is clearly the superior caffeine supplier, but to each their own.
>Speaking of which, the mare at the counter sets your iced latte on the counter beside you, before quickly trotting back to the kitchen.
>>
>>39542726
Well if that’s how we’re supposed to eat, then stuff that froyo into our muzzle.
>>
>>39542726
Let's follow Rel's lead
>>
>>39543293
>>39543787
Careful, I'm not sure we have the same brain freeze protections as cryofuel-handling space mares.
>>
>>39542726
Look at that sipp mare
>>
>>39542726
eat our froyo however feels right.
>>
>>39542726
I love happy mares.
>>
File: ass 103.png (13 KB, 724x724)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>39543293
>>39543787
>>39544052
>>39545025
>Well, if that's how she's eating her froyo, might as well follow her lead.
>Either way, you should be eating it however feels right to you, but what Relativity is doing is something you'd like to have done as a filly.
>Which is precisely what you do, sticking your snoot right in to monch down on the minty treat.
>Aww yeah, that hits the spot, plus you can't see what the looks on the other mares' faces look like, so you won't know if they're judging you or not.
>So cold, yet so satisfying.
>...until you suddenly feel your head start to hurt, ouchies! You scrunch your snoot as you put your hoof up to your forehead as it aches. Fuck, must be brain freeze.
>It sure ain't feelin right now, maybe we should've tried eating it slower instead.
>"Calm down Selene, it's not an eating contest!" Firefly says to you, the sound of hiss and pop as she opens her can and takes a sipp. "Ahh, that's the stuff!"
>"With all the food you ordered, you'll be plump like Boeing in no time!" SpaceX jests, making the other two mares giggle as you get flustered.
>"I'm not getting chubby! I'm just... I haven't eaten much all day, and now's the time to get myself filled up!" You explain.
>"Alrighty then, but I'll remember this convo when we see each other a decade from now." SpaceX smirks, and you roll your eyes playfully. Of course you'll keep tabs on your health, especially since a trip to space requires rigorous exercise and dietary routines that keep track down to the smallest calories.
>The door to the kitchen opens up as the servicemare walks in with the plates of food for everypony.
>"Here's your orders everypony, enjoy!" She says with a happy smile as she lays them out onto the counter.
>Everything about diet has vanished into thin air, the smell of freshly made meals fill the air. Dear Celestia they really did put what you asked for onto that hayburger.
>Finally, food!
>>
bump
>>
>>39546136
We ate those food
>>
>>39546136
Time to show the ponies why we aren't the thinnest mare in existence, eat that burger, at it all like a little pony piggy, show them the consume, acquire the sustenance
>>
>>39546136
No ketchup?
>>
>>39546136
"I'm just filling myself up to compensate for not having been properly *quote* filled up *quote* in a good while'"

We make a little joke that in no way can backfire on us
>>
>>39546136
Burg
>>
>>39547948
OK no that's a step too far. We just met these mares, we're not on highly raunchy joke level yet.
>>
>>39548817
I think so
>>
File: ass 104.png (26 KB, 845x837)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>39547236
>>39547931
>Before you dug into your food, there's just one thing that you came to notice pretty quickly, and it really bothers you.
>You call the servicemare over and point at your food.
>"What? No ketchup?" You ask.
>"Oh! I'm sorry, I'll bring a bottle over in a jiffy!" She apologies as she quickly goes to hoof over a ketchup bottle for you.
>Can't eat fries without ketchup after all!
>You grin in excitement, you gotta have a good meal after all. And a good meal you'll enjoy!
>And that's precisely what you do, picking up the burger before beginning to chomp down on it like Twilight raiding a burger joint.
>The expression on everyponys' faces.
>Priceless.
>Relativity nibbles on her pretzel, watching in awe.
>Firefly has no words, yet can't look away at what she's seeing.
>SpaceX is highly amused, as if it's the most entertaining thing she's seen all day.
>"Yooo, look at her go! I've never seen a pony absolutely demolishing a meal like that!"
>"Don't encourage her SpaceX!" says Relativity.
>"But look at her! She's like an N1! She destroyed that burger like it was a launchpad!"
>"SpaceX pls"
>With a quick squirt from the ketchup bottle you get the fries munched down on one by one. Leaving no mercy to any of the food you've received.
>If anything, now they know that you're not gonna be the thinnest mare in existence.
>"Did... did Jaxa not give this mare anything to eat?" Firefly asked, the other two shrugging with the same conclusion of uncertainty.
>As you take a sip of your iced latte to wash everything down, you smile in content.
>That's the best fucking food you've had in a good while. Better than eating microwave noodle cups during your times in university.
>>
>>39550429
Was she supposed to?
>>
>>39550429
>she destroyed that burger like it was a launch pad
fatty
>>
File: Spoiler Image (91 KB, 945x1036)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>39550429
>SpaceX pointing
All I can see is this but with SpaceX pointing at Selene eating her burger
>>
Boop.
>>
File: burgers.gif (1.63 MB, 498x342)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB GIF
>>39550429
>And that's precisely what you do, picking up the burger before beginning to chomp down on it like Twilight raiding a burger joint.
Yes, we do. Nice food.
>>
>>39550429
We just didn't get to food with Jaxa I guess, too much exciting engine work.
>>
Bump
>>
>>39550429
Eye Relativity's pretzel a little
>>
>>39553205
Are we a rocket pone or a black hole pone?
>>
>>39553254
The unending void of space-pone
>>
File: ass 105.png (8 KB, 845x837)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>39550525
>>39552008
>>39553205
>We're you supposed to eat it all down like that?
>Duh, of course you can, you're an adult! You can eat however you want! You might get judged for it sure, but that's not a you problem.
>Besides, Relativity just ate her froyo like she was in a pie eating contest, she's got no right to judge!
>You wonder what kind of eating habits the other space ponies have. They all seem pretty average weight so far, although Boeing seems to be on the pudgy side from what these mares have joked about.
>But you're not pudgy! Although... Relativity's pretzel looks quite appetizing.
>She seems to pick up on your stare, and turns away.
>"N-no no Selene! Don't even think about it!"
>You smile sheepishly and shrug. "A mares gotta have a good meal!"
>"Yeah, but it's like you haven't eaten all day!"
>"Well, I sorta did only get coffee at Jaxa's place..."
>"Damn, is the work ethic really that bad?" SpaceX asked, making you shake your head in response.
>"No, was just too hyped to get to work on engine stuffs! Was worth it in the end though!"
>You stand there for a moment, before making your way over to the window, in curiosity.
>The rocket in the distance is full of activity, looks like the team has been getting around to doing the test runs quickly!
>SpaceX really did meant by not wasting a second on getting things done.
>She peeks over out the window with you, "Like what you see?" She asks, and you nod.
>"Is that a wet dress rehearsal going on?"
>SpaceX nods. "Yup! Looks like it's going well too, if that's the case then there's only two things left for me to do!"
>"What's that?"
>"A full 33 engine firing test and lastly..." She pauses before letting out a groan.
>"Uuugh... receiving launch licensing and approval..."
>>
>>39553527
Yeah, we're not a fan of paperwork either. Couldn't you hire somepony to handle that stuff for you?
>>
>>39553527
Oh no, red tape!
>>
>>39553527
Haha, big rocket, small rocket, before the inspector mare they are all the same. Well, not actually, but you get what I mean.

>>39554077
A space mare's greatest foe. In this case a lot of it is the blood red type, though. Don't wanna mess with that stuff.
>>
>>39553527
So let's see here... a double cheeseburger is about 450 calories, 3 slices of bacon is about 161 calories, a hash brown is about 300 calories, a sunny-side up egg is about 90 calories, and the fries are about 350, and the froyo is about 210 calories.

So that sums up to around 1,561 calories from the meal, which equates to around... uh, 3 and a half hours of medium intensity exercise to burn off. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.... but that burger though
>>
>>39554112
Alternatively, three quarters of the recommended daily human, more like one quarter to a fifth for a pony intake and we hadn't eaten much before, so perfectly fine.
>>
Bump
>>
>>39553527
Kinda pretty in an abstract way
>>
Bump
>>
Bump again
>>
>>39556257
>>
File: ass 106.png (19 KB, 845x837)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>39553592
>>39554077
>>39554103
>Ahh yes, the bane of any space pony's existence. Bureaucracy, more specifically red tape. Not the first time you've heard somepony express their disdain for it either!
>"You know, I think I remember Jaxa mentioning disliking red tape. I mean, so do I, but I'm not a space pony... yet."
>SpaceX chuckles, "Oh yeah, literally every pony dislikes being held back with permits and reviews... a lot of things really."
>Relativity puts her hooves on her forehead, "I still need to get my rocket approved for it's maiden flight! I mean, I've done the paperwork, they just need to you know... be convinced I got things under control."
>"That's right Selene, if you want to build a rocket then you'll have to go through the one in charge of that sort of stuff. She's a... colorful bundle of sunshine!" SpaceX jests, making the other two laugh before she joins in on them.
>Yeah you got a hunch the inspector isn't the kindest soul around here.
>"So why not just get an assistant or somepony to handle those things for you all?" You ask.
>"Oh, it's not like you can just give yourself permission to fly your own rocket!" Firefly points out, the others nod in agreement.
>"I did that once for the first Starship test flight, and needless to say, that mare was up my flank for days afterwards. Not the fun kind either, and I had to do a lot a stuff and paperwork, blah blah blah..." SpaceX explains before just muttering words under her breath.
>You shake your head for a sec, "Wait, you did WHAT??"
>She sighs, "Not like I did it intentionally... well okay maybe I did. She said the weather wasn't acceptable to fly! That was absurd, the weather looked perfect! So I uhh... didn't stop the countdown, and wouldn't you know it a rocket went up."
>You sit there and process it all, wow. What a big fucking gamble she took there.
>Could you get away with launching a rocket without permission? Ponies shoot model rockets all the time, so there's certainly a limit to it all.
>"So umm, what would the inspector be doing currently mind I ask?"
>"Pfft, probably doing investigations on how ABL's flight went wrong and doing sorts of assessments I bet. Poor ABL. Why'd you ask?" Relativity responds.
>>
>>39556919
Good question, *why* did we ask that?
>>
>>39556919
Lick SpaceX on the cheek
>>
>>39557117
Do not

>>39556919
Just curious, I guess she isn't reviewing your application then, Relativity. Is she alone? No wonder it takes so long for all the approvals if she has to do everything herself.
>>
>>39557117
Unf, we shouldn't...
>>
>>39556919
>>39557013
Kinda want to see what the mare who's job is to look at rockets all day is like?
>>
>>39559774
>>
File: ass 107.png (22 KB, 845x837)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>39557013
>>39557117
>>39557298
>>39558684
>Why did you ask what the inspector was doing at the moment?
>Did you want to see her or something? Well, from how everypony seems to talk about her in disdain, she must be quite a mare to meet.
>"Well... At first I was just curious, but now I kinda wanna see the mare who's in charge of staring at rockets all day." You inform the group.
>This makes them chuckle a bit. "Silly Selene, she doesn't just go stare at rockets all day! She only shows up for certain situations that require her presence!" SpaceX points out.
>"Yeah! Like when something goes wrong, oooor when a very bad pony needs to have their test flights looked after in case she tries breaking protocol again!" Relativity jests to SpaceX, making her scrunch as both Relativity and Firefly snicker.
>Adorable scrunching, tempting to just boop her again. Maybe even... lick? No, Selene don't. She doesn't taste like froyo no matter how much of it she gives out for free!
>Firefly butts in, shaking her head as she goes and corrects the two a bit.
>"Well, yeah those are things she does indeed. She still does show up to our facilities check on things every now and then."
>"Wow, it's such a busy job isn't it? No wonder your applications haven't been done yet, she's going all over the place!" You tell them, and they look at each other before SpaceX perks up.
>"Hey, maybe we can go check out the Frozen North Spaceport Complex! She's probably still there pushing ABL's tail in." SpaceX suggests to the two space mares, they shake their head in response.
>"Are you mad? Why would you go see her willingly?" Firefly asks, hiding behind Relativity.
>"Well, this nerdy mare here seems interested in seeing her. Plus we can check up on ABL as well. My team is gonna take a bit before we actually test fire all those engines, let alone launching them." SpaceX elaborates, making Relativity think for a bit.
>"Well, maybe if we can have a bit of fun while we're there."
>"What, like messing with the inspector or something?"
>"Yeah! Maybe, we'll have to see how things go if we head out there. Easier to do if more than one pony is involved." Relativity nods in delight.
>"What'cha think Selene, sounds like a good plan?"
>>
>>39560425
How far away is this complex?
>>
>>39560425
Maybe we'll see some of those launch pad grizzlies I've heard about.
>>
>>39560425
Dab in response
Refuse to elaborate further
>>
>>39561264
Noice move
>>
>>39561264
Please don't
>>
>>
>>39560425
Maybe she's just grumpy cause there are so many space pones making rockets and not enough making sure they aren't potential icbms?
>>
File: ass 108.png (15 KB, 845x837)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>39560501
>>39560765
>>39563532
>"How far is the walk?" You ask, making the trio look at each other before looking back at you.
>"Well, it's a bit away from here, but if we can see what's going on from the top of the launch tower, I think we'd be able to get there soon." Firefly reassures you.
>You nod, and gesture them to lead the way as you all exit the restaurant to begin the trek to the launch site.
>How neat, we're going up north!
>Maybe you'll see some grizzlies around the place. Well from a safe distance of course.
>"Will there be grizzlies?"
>"Selene you're silly, but that's quite a possibility I suppose. I don't go to the facility enough to figure that out." SpaceX answers.
>"Oh... so what do you know about the place?"
>"I know a few things, it's not a fancy place or anything. Just a commercial spaceport for small rocket ponies to fiddle around with."
>"Like ABL?"
>She nods. "Yeah, ABL uses one of their launch pads. So does this one pony that goes by Astra, their pads are right next to each other actually, Pads 3B and C."
>You perk up, "Oh? Pad 3? There's three launch pads? Who runs Pad A?"
>"There is no Pad 3A, just B, C, and D. But there is a launch Pad 1 and 2, "
>You shake your head, what the hay is this naming scheme. "What's Pad D then!?"
>"It's just a pad of gravel, perfect for sounding rockets! "
>Oh, might be fun to have a spot dedicated to shooting off rockets into the air.
>The poor inspector mare though, no wonder she's probably a big grump. How many ponies does she have to keep tabs on to ensure they don't drop a rocket where they shouldn't?
>>
>>39563729
Astra, huh? I've heard of her before. Had quite a streak of bad luck getting to orbit, and even now there are some teething issues to be ironed out, it seems.
>>
>>39563729
What a smug mare
>>
>>39563729
I want to know what the pone that named them was thinking.
>>
>>39563729
Oh boy, more space ponies to induct into our harem. Can't wait to meet them
>>
>>39565662
Friendship marem
>>
>>39563729
Relativity and Firefly are ready or?
>>
File: ass 109.png (17 KB, 845x837)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>39564376
>>39565334
>>39565662
>>39567139
>You look over to Firefly and Relativity. "Are you mares ready or what?"
>They nod. "We were born ready!"
>"They better be ready." SpaceX said. "I wouldn't let two space mares alone on my property, who knows what they'd do when I'm not looking!"
>The two look over at each other, staring for a moment before looking back at SpaceX with a scrunch.
>"See? Already thinking of ITAR levels of tomfoolery if it weren't for me being around them!"
>Do space ponies steal trade secrets from each other? They're all Equestrian, so is there really any concern? Except for the foreign space ponies, but Jaxa seems trusting enough to not do such things.
>As the four of you start to trek out, it's come to mind of the time it'll take to get there, it's quite the distance away, you know?
>...Do you dare do the thing fillies do on long carriage trips with family?
>"...Are we th-"
>"Selene don't even finish that sentence."
>Yup understood.
>But it's so boring though. On the bright side, you're getting the exercise you need to burn those calories off!
>It's hard to tell when you're close to arriving to the spaceport, from what SpaceX describes it, the place isn't quite a large facility that stands out too much.
>One of the pads is purely just gravel after all. And who comes up with their naming schemes for the launch sites? You'd like to see who is running the place to give em a word about it.
>But the moment you get to the facility, it's very clear that you've made it to the site.
>You notice bits of random objects strewn about on the ground, the more you walk the larger the bits become.
>Eventually you and the group arrive to what appears to be... whatever was left of a rocket. The place is an absolute mess with rocket parts, and a dark burnt patch on the ground where the rocket hit the ground.
>Behind the mess there's three ponies that seem to be chatting with each other. Or is it squabbling? Their tone of voices certainly isn't a small talk conversation.
>>
>>39567503
Oh that's rough, but fortunately looks like the launch mount and GSE are mostly intact? I guess we should go up and introduce ourselves.
>>
>>39567503
Selene your time has come, to go MUSIC!
"… Now this looks like a job for me
So everybody, just follow me
'Cause we need a little, controversy
'Cause it feels so empty, without me"
>Start heading to the three ponies
"She call me Mr. Boombastic,
tell me fantastic
Touch me inna me back,
she say I'm Mr. Ro-mantic
Call me fantastic
Touch me inna me back
she say I'm Mr. Ro...
Smooth, just like a silk
Soft and cuddly, hug me up like a quilt"
>>
>>39567943
I don't get the joke

>>39567503
Aw, poor space ponies. We should go comfort them. I hate it when ponies are sad.
>>
>>39567503
Let's go see what's up
>>
>>39569300
Other than the sky?
>>
>>39569799
Well, obviously it's not ABL's rocket
>>
File: Zeteticism.png (100 KB, 1309x437)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>39499513
>zeteticist
>>
Bunp
>>
File: ass 110.png (23 KB, 845x837)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>39567776
>>39568042
>>39569300
>Well, enough standing around at the wreckage, it's time to meet up with the ponies here.
>Everypony does their best to avoid all the bits of metal laying on the ground. They aren't rusty so tetanus isn't too much of a concern... right? Well better safe than sorry.
>Looking at the launch mount as you go around it, the main structure seems to be overall intact. That's about it really, the cables seem to be straight up missing altogether, wherever they could have gone.
>Walking over to the trio, you immediately recognize one of them to be ABL, of course. The other two are unfamiliar mares, but one of them is definitely a space pony, judging by their white coat. They seem to be in the middle of arguing.
>"No I did not damage your launch pad! The rocket fell right next to mine!" you hear from ABL.
>"Did too! That explosion shook things up, and some of that debris hit my launch mount!" Said the other space mare.
>"Come on! My whole launch pad got engulfed in flames! It's my only one! You have another by the Cape to use, go use that instead!"
>"Stop it you two this instant!" Yelled the other mare, stomping her pink hoof to get the space mares to quiet down.
>"I will not let you ponies stand here and bicker about aimlessly! What are you two, a bunch of six or seven year old fillies?"
>The two look at each other before looking back at her in silence.
>"Firstly, Astra. I expect you to be responsible for your launch pad, and it's maintenance. Secondly, ABL I expect you to get all this mess cleaned up before your next flight! Including any on Astra's pad, but you're in no obligation to repair Astra's infrastructure."
>ABL nods. "Yeah, I know I'll have to get this all cleaned up..."
>"Good, I expect your findings to be submitted to me once your investigation has been complete."
>"Understood ma'am." ABL says, looking over to the sound of hoofsteps to see you and the other space ponies, and waves over to all of you.
>"Oh hey gals!"
>You all wave back at her, the other two ponies look over.
>"Oh great, more ponies. How charming." Muttered the pink mare.
>"Hello, I'm Selene!" You introduce yourself to them, Astra waving in response.
>"This fellow mare is Astra! She's my fellow launchpad-mate, or whatever word fits best." ABL says as she points at Astra, and gestures over to the pink mare with a neutral expression.
>"Oh, and this is the inspector by the way."
>>
>>39570694
Call her inspector Sexo
>>
>>39570703
Please don't
>>
>>39570694
Hello Miss Inspector Mare! I hope you’ve had a good day today!
>>
>>39572324
>>
>>39570694
Hi Miss! We wanted to check up on ABL after seeing the unfortunate signs. I hope we're not interrupting. I've heard you work on everypony's licenses, how do you manage to deal with so many ponies?
>>
File: ass 111.png (20 KB, 845x837)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>39571474
>>39573568
>You look over and give the inspector mare a friendly wave. "Hello Miss! Hope it's been a good day for you today!"
>She looks to you with her serious expression, but makes a nod. "Well, it's been quite eventful from what's come about today..."
>She glances over to Astra and ABL, both of them scrunching in silence.
>"Other than that, it's about business as usual."
>You nod along, "Yeah... We saw some unfortunate signs from where we were, so we wanted to go check up on how things are going. We're not interrupting anything are we?"
>She shakes her head. "No, if anything you all came by in time."
>"Oh, did we?" You ask curiously.
>"Why yes, as I figured I should check up on how things are going for these ponies you came along with."
>She looks over to the three behind you, who seemed to be somewhat anxious but for Firefly.
>"Well... the wet dress rehearsal went smoothly" SpaceX spoke up first. "Static fire is next, and once that's done I can get around to getting that license and approval."
>She raises her brow at her. "You are doing what you're required to do for environmental affect mitigation, right?"
>"Oh yeah, of course. Right, I'm doing all that stuff. The wildlife signs, the history essay, the bus shuttle system... yeah I'm getting all the things done." SpaceX elaborates, mildly sweating as she explains.
>"Don't forget you have more than 75 tasks to fulfill. I expect all of your requirements to be met prior to earning that license, and I will check for all of them SpaceX. All. Of. Them." She says sternly, making SpaceX nod in agreement. She looks over to Relativity.
>"And for you, is your rocket ready for review?"
>Relativity scratches the back of her mane. "Well.. it's about done at this point. I'm pretty sure I've sent some documents to verify the rocket being ready for flight at it's launch site."
>She nods, "Very well then, I will check by that later then."
>You decide to give her more questions, "So you give ponies licenses for launches?"
>"Licenses and approvals, yes."
>"How do you do all of this with so many mares?'
>"Because it has to be done Miss. It is my talent after all, granted life was easier when all these new ponies weren't around." She explains, making all the space mares disgruntled.
>"No matter how many there are, any pony who's going to launch any rocket, must go through me first."
>>
Boop
>>
>>39573725
You don't even have a secretary to help sort paperwork?
>>
>>39574498
You
>>
File: ass 112.png (22 KB, 845x837)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>39575269
>"Everything goes through you first? Don't even have, say an intern or secretary, to help out with your work?" You asked. It's the only question you had for the time being, because she sure seemed adamant about doing everything solo.
>"Yes, I err... some information and paperwork is done by other ponies of course. I'm not the only employee in the agency! But hmm... perhaps a pony under my wing would be quite helpful." She says to herself, glancing over to you in particular, the gaze that strikes you as the kind that she's having options of who should work for her.
>"Oh I see! Uh, well... I'm an intern for the space ponies! The engineer type, the engine making type actually." You quickly spoke up before the inspector said anything else. "Maybe you can find an intern pony some day!"
>She nods with some uncertainty. "I suppose... I'll need a pony to replace me once I retire from this line of work. I'm not getting any younger..." She says, thinking about how things would play out in the future.
>The space ponies, hearing the possible prospect of her retiring, all squee in delight.
>When everypony squees at once, it all sounds like one loud squee. Your poor ears.
>"Very well, now that my time here has come to a close, it's about time for me to head back. Whatever you mares do here, make sure it's all within regulations. But... that may not be a problem at the moment." The Inspector states, looking around at the pile of debris laying everywhere.
>"Any questions you got left in that pointy head of yours, it's a good time to say it."
>Astra pokes her head in surprise. "Wait, that mare is working for us? Can she help me fix my launchpad?"
>"No, she isn't" ABL responds. "If anything the first thing she'll do is help clean this place up with me."
>The inspector glares at the two, making the two shut up with no hesitation.
>"What she likes to do is entirely up to her, that was pointed out in the hiring interview." SpaceX points out to the two. "She may not even help the both of you two either if she likes, so really we should see what she has in mind." She continues, giving you a pat on the back to encourage you to think for yourself.
>>
>>39576665
Before cleaning up the pad, are there any investigations left to do? Are you confident that you've determined the root cause of the RUD?
>>
>>39576665
We're pretty strong magic-wise, could probably help pick up some stuff.
>>
boop
>>
>>
File: ass 113.png (13 KB, 845x837)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>39577093
>>39578169
>With the tasks at hoof, you feel like the first thing to do would be to help with cleaning up the mess around the launch site. With your magic this would be much easier to pull off than picking things up one by one with hooves.
>Although, before you get around to doing so, you look over to the inspector, with one more question in mind.
>"Is there anything left to investigate for you to do? Like, you're sure you have figured out what caused the RUD?" You ask her.
>"Oh of course there's no investigating for me to do, not here that is. My job just checks whether everything was following regulations before, during, and after incidents such as these. I do not know how the rockets work, I just make sure guidelines were followed. And of course, I take in paperwork from these mares and get them processed and cataloged. Can't leave a rocket explosion undocumented after all. If you want in depth reports, then go ask these mares here. ABL tells me she has a good hunch what happened, but the official incident report will be made for me to document some time soon." She elaborates on how it all works, nudging ABL as she points out who to go to for any info regarding the RUD.
>The inspector begins to make her leave, everypony waving their goodbyes as she begins to return to her office to continue her duties there.
>Well, might as well get to work on the cleanup, starting with the little pieces laying around by your hooves.
>It's not too difficult, as you levitate them with your magic and begin making a little scrap pile with them.
>The space mares behind you converse with each other about... space things you assume? Maybe asking more about the launch that took place here.
>After all, everypony must be wondering what went wrong, even yourself included. ABL most likely has the best explanation over what happened, she does have all the juicy data and telemetry you know.
>Looking at the view, you already think about how much of a hassle the cleanup will be.
>Gives you a bit of a feeling in your stomach, seeing what was a sleek looking rocket now just... bits of metal plates and shrapnel laid out on the ground.
>A reminder that no matter how much testing one pony does, nothing can really predict what will happen when the rocket actually flies.
>>
>>39580154
That engine bay looks pretty intact, so I guess it wasn't an explosive engine failure at least. Mishap investigations are fascinating, but I don't think I have the required brainpower.
>>
>>39580154
my question was meant to be directed at ABL, but oh well.
>>
>>
>>39581006
>>
>>39581718
>>
File: ass 114.png (28 KB, 845x837)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>39580190
>>39580393
>Continuing to clean up the pieces on the ground the scrap pile gets bigger.
>It'd be nice to get some help, but your prayers didn't take long to get answered as ABL soon makes her way over to help with the cleanup.
>Her pace is not as quick as yours, magic can't really be beaten in that regard. But it is her only task for the time being.
>She doesn't seem pretty content, having a bit of a somber look on her face as she chucks bits of scrap onto the pile.
>You make your way over to her, picking up debris along the way so you can be beside her.
>Unsure what to do, maybe a bit of chitchat would get her mind off of everything today. Still curious about the launch anomaly though, so you try to get some discussion going without too much fluff.
>You proceed to ask the same question to ABL like you did with the inspector. Whether she was certain the investigation was done at this point.
>She looks over to you and shakes her head, "Of course not. I may have my suspicions on what caused the mishap, but it's not far from over Selene. It's not just figuring out what happened, it's also finding out why, and how to prevent it from happening again. If you were a customer, would it be reassuring at all if I simply said 'Well the best I can do is just hope it doesn't happen again,' do you?"
>You shake your head, of course that's not reassuring!
>"Precisely, that's why a full investigation isn't always just finding out what went wrong, you know. Our mistakes will never get fixed if you don't learn from them."
>You nod, walking over to engine section that's very damaged, but overall still intact.
>"Well, can you give an explanation as to what caused the launch to fail? Doesn't look like any of these engines had suffered any major failures." You point out, seeing that despite how mangled the engines may look, it seems to be just from impacting the ground rather than anything else.
>ABL nods, "Why that's correct Selene, the engines worked as far as I can tell. From the telemetry I gathered up, sensors were going out one by one before the whole avionics system shut down completely, thus every engine shutting down at once, and the inevitable crash back to the ground. I suspect there was a fire within the engine bay burning cables until it reached the one that the flight system used. That's the best assumption I got for the time being."
>>
>>39583624
A fire in the engine bay? I'm guessing the most probable cause would be a leak in the propellent or oxidizer lines?
>>
>>39583624
I don't suppose there are any practical jokers on site that are liable to screw around with your installations?
>>
>>39584595
What makes you think that?
>>
>>39585313
There's always one idiot
>>
>>39585559
>Cue flashback of Roscosmos worker pounding sensors upside down into rocket
>>
>>39583624
How do you figure out where the fire started if that's the case? Can you tell whether a piece was burned from a fire instead of the explosion?

>>39586270
Gets me every time
>>
File: ass 115.png (28 KB, 845x837)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>39583942
>>39584595
>>39586405
>You think to yourself for a moment. "Hmm, a fire in the engine bay you think? Sounds like there was some sort of propellant leak somewhere that caught fire?"
>ABL shrugs in response. "That could be the case, it may also not be as well. Which ever case it may be, I'll have to find ways to prevent it from happening again."
>"Yeah, I imagine there's a couple ways to prevent the cabling from getting destroyed. Think you can get those issues ironed out for the next launch?"
>"I have to Selene, but my next rocket is already well into production, so I hope I don't have to change too many things in the engine section." ABL remarks with some concern.
>"Maybe wrap the cables with more fireproof insulation? At least, that'd be the cheap way to do it." You suggest, making the mare chuckle.
>"Funny, but I might just do that along with the proper mitigations, a little bit more protection don't ya think?" She responds, and you answer with a nod.
>"Yeah! Though, do you think somepony could've tampered with the rocket or the launch pad in some way? That's also always a possibility."
>This makes ABL raise an eyebrow. "There's only like, around 200 ponies working for me in total, let alone having the task that involves being at the pad. if there's anypony playing jokes, I'll find out real quick."
>"But then how'd you can tell the fire started in the engine section then? Sure, you saw the sensors going out, but how can you tell where it all started at anyway? Is this some sort of space pony magic I've yet to see?"
>ABL looks back to you with a scrunch. "Well... no, no magic needed. The answer is a bit obvious if you had the visual feed..."
>"Oh, so you saw it?"
>"More like... visual evidence of it in the engine bay and quick disconnect section of the rocket when it took off."
>You stare at her for a second. "So you had footage of all this happening??"
>"Wh- I don't have THAT much footage of the flight!"
>"Well... could I see it?"
>"...No. Err, not now for the time being."
>>
>>39586444
i wanna see the rocket launch footage
i will not be denied
>>
>>39586444
But we might notice something in the footage
>>
>>39586444
Fair enough, I can understand why you might want to keep those footages under wraps.
>>
File: ass 116.png (13 KB, 845x837)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>39587204
>>39588701
>>39589447
>What? She's not gonna let you see the footage? That's outrageous!
>Though it's understandable why, it's not quite the details that most wouldn't want to share publicly.
>But you're also not a member of the public, you work for the space mares! Plus, as an intern, it'd help to have a second pair of eyes to spot anything else she may have missed.
>"Why not? Maybe I can help figure out what went wrong!"
>In all honesty you just want to see rocket go boom, but there is a chance that may be the case.
>She sort of rolls her eyes, and points over to a rectangular object a bit away from here.
>"If you really wanna look for yourself, mission control is over there, otherwise you can keep cleaning up this mess with me. Well, maybe you could help get this section moved over. We might have to cut it apart to make it easier on us though."
>You sure that's mission control? It looks more like a shipping container than anything else, but the doors on one end are open to enter through.
>Either way, it seems to be one of the few structures that still stands relatively unscathed from the launch mishap.
>>
>>39589921
We took on the responsibility of helping her clean up, so lets not let her down by running off. Besides, it's not like the video is going anywhere.
>>
>>39589921
Seems a bit... compact for a mission control, and isn't that a bit too close to the launch pad? What if the rocket had fell on it? Anyway, agree with >>39589944, we came here to help and we're not going to half-ass it.
>>
>>39586444
What do they smell like?
>>
>>39589921
scrunch at abl then continue picking up scrap
>>
File: ass 117.png (14 KB, 845x837)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>39589944
>>39590492
>>39592269
>You scrunch in contemplation, as you make your choice on the matter.
>In the end, you figure to stay here to help clean up the mess. It is a responsibility you've taken upon yourself, can't just backpedal on it now.
>Plus, the sooner this is all cleaned up the sooner ABL can start fixing the launch site and get approval for her next flight.
>Time needs to be used wisely, a video is always available to be looked at when you have access to it. Even if it's in a very... compact place. Seems risky to have it this close to the launch site, what if the rocket fell on it?
>Well she seems to know what she's doing, and with that, you lift a large chunk of metal as you begin to drag it.
>"What exactly are you doing Selene?" Asked ABL, staring at you moving the sheet in the air.
>"Ma'am, finishing the task." You answer, taking it over to the little scrap pile as you place it on top of it.
>Everypony looks on over to you as the loud sounds of metal clanking is made from dropping the metal.
>You gesture to the scrap pile, just letting them know what you're doing as you continue to drop in small bits of metal nearby onto the lump of scrap.
>The other space mares , watching you do your job, decide to help join in on collecting the pieces all over the floor.
>Bit by bit the pile starts to grow and grow as the scraps are thrown onto the pile, things are moving by much faster when more than 2 ponies are working together at a task.
>Yay, friendship!
>There's still more to clean up, especially the engine bay and larger pieces of debris near the impact site. Perhaps the most heaviest components left to remove once all these tiny bits have been swept up.
>>
>>39593162
Heavier components, you say? Should we try to replicate what we did with JAXA and see if all spacepone magic manifests in similar way?
>>
>>39593162
Really need something to load this into, piling it up is nice and all but it still needs to be put to somewhere else.
Do they recycle this stuf?
>>
>>
>>39593162
Get ABL to try and lift something heavy. I wonder if they can only lift their own rockets.
>>
File: ass 118.png (14 KB, 845x837)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>39593860
>>39595578
>>39597022
>You look at the pile of scrap as the ponies continue adding more and more to it, it's getting pretty big, which is good because if it wasn't you're missing a lot of rocket components.
>Though it's nice to have the pile to keep things organized somewhat, the instructor said the site has to be cleaned up. Like, the pile shouldn't be here at the end of it all... where would this even go?
>Certainly needs to go somewhere, inspector never said we couldn't dump it all off at some random spot around here. Do they recycle these materials?
>Hope so, it'd be useful, but is there a risk of ITAR violation if you dumped potentially secret components at some random recycling center?
>You set that question aside, as you figure that can be settled once everything has been gathered up.
>Making your way back over to the engine bay, ABL standing beside it. She seems to be wondering where to take it apart first.
>But what if... she didn't have to? Jaxa lifted up an engine with her hoof, and that probably weighs twice or more the weight of all those engines in the first stage.
>She should be able to lift it with her space pony magic. Actually, with a little space mare herd going on here, they all could carry this effortlessly if they picked it up.
>In theory at least, you've really yet to delve deep into the capabilities these mares can do, and as far as you know, they don't have a clue either.
>You try and wave down the space ponies that have noticed you gesturing them over, SpaceX and Astra in particular.
>"Hey, I think I have an idea. You'll think I'm crazy but I've seen something like this work before. I think you ponies can lift this up with your hooves."
>As expected, they look at you with utter bewilderment.
>"Selene, I know these are small launchers, but that doesn't mean they're lightweight" SpaceX jests.
>"No no! I mean you have magic strength that helps with that! Just try it!" You plead, widening your eyes to persuade the space mares.
>"Come on, don't be silly. I can't chuck this thing about with just a shove." She responds, going up to the engine section to attempt to lift it.
>She pulls up as her front hooves try to lift the engine section, and to her expectations, she doesn't hoist the thing up.
>However as she struggles to lift, the whole section rocks side to side with each heave she makes.
>As she stops and steps away, she sort of squints in thought, as if she's noticed something wrong.
>You gesture ABL to give it a try, it is her rocket after all. She shrugs and tries to go for it. Putting her hoof underneath, she gives it a upwards pull.
>With little effort, it shifts upward, making everypony jump in surprise. Everypony, including ABL, all back away as the engine section falls back down, toppling over into an upright position.
>>
>>39597117
Deploy excited nerd horse noises because your theory was just proven.
>>
File: cute_excited_twi.gif (423 KB, 503x503)
423 KB
423 KB GIF
>>39597117
Wohoo! It worked.
>>
>>39597117
So does this mean the magic only works when each spacepone interacts with their own rockets? It's going to be wild watching SpaceX attempting the same with Superheavy.
>>
Boop
>>
>>39597117
Cavepony science!
>>
>>39598069
Beep
>>
>>39597676
inb4 somepony tries throwing their rocket into orbit.
>>
>>39600122
inb4 Spinlaunch pone
>>
File: ass 119.png (18 KB, 845x837)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>39597132
>>39597504
>>39597676
>>39598787
>Everypony stares silently at what they just saw.
>Even you, but you're the first to break the silence as your mind processed what happened, making a dumb nerdy grin on your face.
>Excited nerd horse noises engaged.
>"Yess! Yes it worked! You moved the rocket! Or, what's left of it, but either way you moved it with just your hooves!" You squee in delight, jumping in place as the ponies still stare with a variety of feelings.
>Mostly this was of confusion, or astonishment.
>You can just sense the gears in their head turn as they attempt to comprehend it.
>Though, from what you saw was some interesting details. Most notably that only ABL had a sense of low effort work into moving the structure. SpaceX couldn't lift it, although being able to shift and jostle such a heavy section is in of itself still quite impressive.
>Space pony magic is more effective when what they're moving is their own property, from what you can gather from this... interesting.
>ABL stares at her own hoof before looking over to you, "How? How did you know that would work?" She asks.
>"Like I said, I saw this happen before. You should've seen Jaxa's face, it was like her whole worldview fell apart." You respond.
>The space mares mutter and discuss with themselves.
>Astra joins in on the discussion with her own questions. "Wait was I not supposed to be able to carry my engines around if I wasn't a space pony? I just thought I could do it because they're small."
>Seems like they're now contemplating everything they've done at this point.
>You do wonder if they have limits to this strength. Most ponies would absolutely not dare try to move an entire rocket just with hooves alone, even if they know they may be able to do so.
>Is it all that space ponies can do? Surely they could do more, right?
>The space ponies stare at you, now having their attention. Uh oh, what are they thinking of?
>>
>>39600424
It's not a prank girls, I didn't use my magic. I just thought it was silly that you have to use all this machinery when you're space ponies so I asked Jaxa to try and lift one of her engines. Properly secured, of course.
>>
>>39600424
If they are roughly the same size as a pony, you'd need to be a very strong pone to lift it.
>>
>>39600424
Don't you know how much your engine weighs, Astra?
>>
>>39600424
Cute space mares
>>
>>39419058
bump
>>
File: ass 120.png (18 KB, 845x837)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>39600453
>>39603060
>The mare stares are getting a bit uncomfortable, best say something now before they do something first.
>"W-what? I didn't do anything! It's not a prank or anything, I swear. Earth ponies have strength and so I figured maybe you all do too." You explain yourself, hoping not to get piled on by a bunch of angry space mares.
>Well, they're not angry at all, but you never know.
>"Like, Jaxa thought I was crazy too, but I made her lift her engine up to try it out. All secured safely of course, but I wanted to see if it worked since it seemed like a hassle to use all that machinery when you could just... you know, use magic to help?"
>They look at each other in consideration, before looking back to you.
>"Well, is that all we can do as far as you know?" SpaceX asks, and you scrunch with a nod. That's as much as you've come to for the time being.
>"I see. That's nice and all, but I'm not sure if that'll speed production up if that's all we can do. Plus... I think my rockets are too big to really move around effectively, if I can at all."
>The other nod with agreement.
>"Well, except for Astra, her rocket is tiny." Relativity points out, making Astra pout.
>"But I'm not using that rocket anymore! I got a bigger one in the works!" Astra replies with a scrunch. "But I think I should be able to move some stuff around if this magic strength is true!"
>"I sure wonder if those new engines are gonna budge if that's the case." Firefly tells Astra with a smirk, making Astra huff.
>"I built them! That counts!" She retorts.
>"Guess you'll find out if it does then." Firefly chuckles. "I'll find it funny if it doesn't."
>"Hmm, I guess engine transport would be easy for us smallsat launching ponies then?" Relativity asks. "Like, we could hold them with our front hooves? It'll be a little awkward, but I think we could do it with some practice."
>The space mares sorta shrug amongst themselves, except for Firefly and Astra, instead now bickering at each other, ABL now at the base of engine bay, staring at it in curiosity.
>>
>>39604244
Maybe if you try some things you'll find other applications for space pony magic.
Do you see anything about the failure, ABL?
>>
>>39604244
We've only really seen two examples of spacemare magic including this one, so there's still to little known about it to say what it's limits are or how useful it can be.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.