[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1645621030226.png (401 KB, 900x1163)
401 KB
401 KB PNG
FiM had no business having villains as kino as it did
who's your favorite? Mine's discord but he doesnt attract the eye of the average catalog browser as well as bugbutt
>>
File: 2906673.jpg (548 KB, 2481x3507)
548 KB
548 KB JPG
>>39337123
the villains really were the best part of FiM, which is a shame considering how often it fell into the little girl cartoon trope of reforming them. personally I think I like Cozy Glow best but Chrysalis and Discord were great too
>>
>>39337123
I also love discord. The season 2 premiere is one of my favourite episodes. It's one of the first times you see someone that celestia genuinely considers a threat and the interaction is fantastic. Discord getting rainbowed in part 2 felt right at the time but watching it years later I find it a little unsatisfying. That said, I still love discord as a villain.
>>
>>39337144
the single BEST part were the characters and their interactions, let's not get ahead of ourselves here
The villains were close behind though
>>
Hnngh...
>attract the eye of the average catalog browser as well as bugbutt
You got that right, OP.
My beloved wife Queen Chrysalis is my favorite, no contest. But I will admit both Discord and Tirek are great villains, superb voice acting.
>>
I will post a couple more Chryssy pics, and then I will just lurk the thread; as I do not have any interesting commentary regarding the villains. I am but a simple man with a changeling waifu on my mind seven days a week.
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 80808.png (551 KB, 956x717)
551 KB
551 KB PNG
That is all for now. You may return to your regularly scheduled broadcasting.
>>
File: cozylaugh.gif (2.86 MB, 456x351)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB GIF
>>39337123
Cozy Glow has become my favorite character, due in part to the fact that by the end I became disgusted with almost every other major character.
>>
File: 2514042.png (330 KB, 1536x2048)
330 KB
330 KB PNG
I'd totally fuck Discord in his original form and when he shapeshifts into other characters but he keeps his eyes, tooth, and voice. And maybe the beard.
>>
I've been saying this since 2012 but Discord was never a villain. He is just an antagonist, albeit one on a world-altering scale. To be a villain either means

>you are a horribly evil person
>you have goals to seize control and power AND use it for malicious purpose

Neither of this is Discord. He is, if anything, a bit naughty. A button-pressing asshole. He isn't ACTUALLY evil or a villain, not even back in Season 2. All Discord wants is anarchy and to inconvenience people, even in his first appearance he lacked any real malice. You can TELL he was never a malicious villain because if he was, he is so magically overpowered that he would instantly kill and/or remove all opposition. He is maybe the most powerful magician in the world. If he was ACTUALLY evil, no one would be able to stop him and you'd KNOW he was evil.

Even that crap about him ruling as "king" is avsolute bullshit. He's just CALLING himself king because it's funny. He doesn't WANT to actually RULE or dominate anything. He just wants anarchy and the freedom to do whatever dumb prankster bullshit he wants. He has NEVER been abnormally malicious or evil at any point. Discord isn't a villain, he's a hyper-powerful antagonist who lives to cause trouble, but not cause any actual harm.
>>
>>39337349
Hes a master of chaos, Anon. Chaos leads to suffering. To encourage chaos is to encourage the sufferage of all things. Discord was most certainly not "evil" in the traditional sense, but was a villian nonetheless because of his antics ruining the world around him.
>>
>>39337123
>Nightmare Moon
Great design, a terrible villain especially after S4’s opener. The things fans do with her are more interesting than all of her screentime.
>Discord
His S2 opener is great. I despise all of his redemption episodes but if he had only appeared in S2 he’d be one of my favorites.
>Chrysalis
Bug is for fug. Shapeshifting succubus fuck yeah. The most unrealistic thing is every bug would turn against her for fucking Thorax. This is my vote.
>Sombra
Barely a villain in S3. Okay in S9, should have stuck around with the other Frenemies.
>Tirek
Had the laser battle every PMV maker creamed over. Didn’t really have an interesting personality until S9.
>Starlight
I want to glim her glams. Her old hairstyle was sexy, her stalking Twilight throughout the season is cool, and her snark in the finale was fun. Her backstory is absolute garbage unfortunately. Hearth’s Warming Tale was unironically a better villain showing.
>Stygian
>A good villain
Kek. Crystalll slavesss mist Sombra somehow sucked less.
>Tempest
Good singer, but Twilight has fought too many unicorns at this point. Grubber weighed her down. Still better than
>Storm King
Did nothing in his own movie. Probably the worst designed outside barbie villains. Still somehow more memorable than Stygian.
>Cozy Glow
Golly! Deserved to be in better written seasons, was trying very hard to salvage the seasons she was in to no avail. Beats out Sweetie Belle for sexiest filly.
>All the barbie villains
All of them but the Sirens and Wallflower are trash. Both still suffer the curse of >no hooves. Twilight should have gone Midnight Sparkle in the actual show.
>>
File: 1641290874051.png (1.8 MB, 1920x1080)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
>>39337123
Starlight, Discord, Cozy and Mean Twilight are the only interesting ones for me. The others are mostly generic "le evil overlords" or too banal and boring in some other way.
>>
>>39337434
>>39337384
>Chaos leads to suffering. To encourage chaos is to encourage the sufferage of all things

It is not so. Neither Chaos nor Order innately cause suffering nor assistance. It all depends on the context in which they are used. Chaos can very much be a force for good. It permits freedom, change, new ideas, a tearing down of flawed systems to make room for new ones, a removal of tyrants and oppressive regimes, spontaneity, creativity, and free thinking among other things. I would agree that Discord's actions had largely negative consequences, but hardly any "suffering", moreso just inconvenience and panicked fear. And he did some good things, even if unintentionally.

Pinkie, at least, saw his actions as fun and original. She understands that new, confusing or unusual doesn't need to equal "bad". I would argue that Discord's actions in the Season 2 premiere served an important purpose and did a lot of good. With Celestia on the throne for a millennium, the ponies had become too peaceful and coddled. Their society was stale, too idyllic for their own good. Discord showed everyone that the unknown and the new can be fun. Or at least showed them what chaos LOOKED like, so they could later reflect on it themselves and at least learn from the experience. What Discord was doing (by accident) was to prepare Equestria for hard times to come. Before he was released, Pony society was highly naive. Too sheltered and afraid of external threats, and yet, unable to properly fight or confront those same threata because Equestria was so coddled that most of them don't even know what evil LOOKS like. Ponies all THINK chaos is innately evil. Which is an extremely wrong and naive way of thinking, and deserves a kick in the pants.

Discord's actions, while scary at first, over time showed Equestrian society that chaos and evil/suffering are not at all the same, and that a little chaos can really revitalize you and make your life fun, exciting and new. He taught (again, ABSOLUTELY by complete fucking accident) that people and things who are different or unorthodox are not necessarily worth fearing or casting aside. Folks who don't think the same way as you; things that seem scary at a glance; confusing events—these things don't always deserve to be avoided or shunned. They bring in new perspectives. Ponies would eventually start to notice that Discord's chaos never particularly harmed anyone, or if it did it was indirectly or by random chance. Chaos is completely NOT the same thing as evil or suffering, and he showed them that by forcing Equestria to stare face-to-face with chaos and the unknown.

I say all this just to explain why Discord's country-side upheaval was not all suffering and did result in some dearly needed change. It's sort of irrelevant whether his chaos hurts folks occasionally. Random is random, sometimes shit happens. What IS relevant is Discord's lack of any real malevolence.
>>
File: EzRZ8EIVgA0rOhM.png (272 KB, 648x486)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
>>39337268
>>
>>39337434
Glimmer is a tard
Nothing about her ideology or plan to take over Equestria makes any sense and she'd have to have subzero IQ to think it was sustainable
Her village was already too much for her to handle and expecting that the entire nation would submit just because she turns Twilight is an unbelievable stretch. No way would Celestia and Luna not dab on Poochie in a second after realizing she's brainwashed Purple Smart
>>
>>39337349
>>39337652
Discord fags are pathetic
>>
>>39337349
Are you a woman? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>39337185
what do those berries taste like
>>
>>39337387
I liked the reformed Discord episodes simply because psychopathic behavior written this well is super fucking rare, and having it in the middle of a character-driven series fucking around and interacting with the other characters is top tier material.

He's great in Best Gift Ever and he's great in Three's a Crowd
>>
>>39337123
Discord is my second favorite character in the whole series, with Fluttershy being my absolute fave
I loved him as a villain and I love him as a reformed character, Discord is incredibly fun and wonderfully performed by his VA
>>
>>39337814
quiet
>>
File: 1660235697794600.jpg (62 KB, 800x369)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
luv bug
>>
File: 1667183744951994.gif (30 KB, 256x256)
30 KB
30 KB GIF
>>39337349
>He is maybe the most powerful magician in the world

Don't tell Trixie that. She'll have a fucking fit.
>>
File: 1668868564931005.jpg (253 KB, 1597x2298)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>
>>39337719
>Ends up mind-breaking Discord.
>>
File: 77e.jpg (140 KB, 830x936)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>
>>39338844
>>39338977
>>39339299
Look at these three gets in a row.
>>
>>39337349
He literally forced 3 people into a plan that would eventually end in their defeat. What he did in season 9 was downright evil.
>>
File: large.png (754 KB, 1258x720)
754 KB
754 KB PNG
>>39337123
Unironically Glimmy, now I am one of those weirdos in here who doesn't hate her guts post Season 5, but even I have to admit that Starlight as a villain is completely unmatched. At least during the S5 Premiere.

The main reason why Glim Glam works so well as a villain during The Cutie Map is because she's a complete perversion of the show's ideals and themes. No better is that seen than in some of her quotes.

>"We are happy to have any pony who wishes to experience TRUE friendship."

>"I CREATED HARMONY!"

Starlight doesn't just corrupt the very foundations of the show, but the structure of the episode itself by both not letting Twilight do her classic friendship preaching and by having to be stopped by background ponies.

All of this is why Starlight works so well as a foil to Twilight and when combined with being the most tangible threat in the series (cult leader > crazy centaur) it all makes Poochie to be what I consider the peak of villain writing in the entire show.
>>
>>39340021
Not this lad but I liked Glimmy a lot because she's less of a DBZ villain and more of a psychological one
>>
>>39340021
>>39340026
She could've been really good, but the cutie mark magic stuff really drags her down. If they would've gone all in on the cult leader aspect then she could've been an amazing villain.
>>
>>39340168
Yeah, they were just shy of full-blown kino with her.
They absolutely nailed it with Discord and Chrysalis though, goddamn those were good two-parters
>>
File: 1551229192377.jpg (321 KB, 1000x1288)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
>>39340026
>she's less of a DBZ villain
>literally flies around shooting lasers at Twilight
>>
>>39340325
>doesn't know what less means
>>
File: 1667602448553036.jpg (296 KB, 1086x1500)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
>>
File: 1667136459003633.png (1014 KB, 1500x1800)
1014 KB
1014 KB PNG
>>
>>39337652
That's it, I'm calling Jack Garland on your ass.
>>
File: 1668056528434648.png (703 KB, 1080x1080)
703 KB
703 KB PNG
>>
File: 6506113.jpg (130 KB, 1125x1107)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>
>>
Catering to bugbros turned out to be a good move, thank you for the bumps
>>
>>39343527
Yeah, I've just been keeping this thread on life support lmao.
>>
I'll bust a nut to your waifu as a token of appreciation
>>
>>
>>39343013
justified behavior, you gave her a piece of toast and a slice of lemon on a small dish for lunch
>>
>>39344415
Bug is for love.
>>
>>39337234
i cum
>>
Up
>>
>>
why did the bug never reform
>>
File: 2047965.png (277 KB, 708x1582)
277 KB
277 KB PNG
twiggie identifies the biggest villians
>>
File: 1667683685738143.jpg (197 KB, 1448x2048)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>
>>39347315
noo her crown broke
>>
>>39347493
Worry not anon, she got better.
>>
>>
>>39340325
She mind-raped the mane 6 as part of her "learning friendship" and one episode was literally about how bad her emotional baggage was.
>>
Chrysalis is the most malevolent evil in Equestria.
I get the feeling that she would be the only villain that would tear the flesh of her enemies and destroys their forms for her own pleasure of seeing them suffer. She is perverse and irredeemably evil.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsCHSKC5guc&list=LL&index=2
>>
I wonder if I can get these trips for Chryssy.
>>
>>39349102
and that's based as fuck
>>
File: MiAmorQuesito.png (1.89 MB, 887x1200)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
>>39337123
I love this Buggo so much, my god.

I can´t

I
>>
>>39349444
bruh what
script, right
>>
>>39349444
checked but tell us bugbro, was it truly a script?
>>
>>39350500
And dubs for Chryssy too!
What a feast.
>>
>>39349444
>Checked
>>
>that autist Chrysalislover happened more than ten years ago
wew lad

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.