[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: med.png (395 KB, 512x512)
395 KB
395 KB PNG
Are you gonna buy the official RPG, /mlp/?
>>
>>39322471
No. Because Twilicorn is still racist!
>>
What's the difference between this and Tails of Equestria? It's definitely something I'd be interested in but I don't really know much about either.
>>
>>39322471
Well yes, I'm looking forward to seeing it at the upcoming renegade con.
>>39322492
This is a completely new one
>>
>>39322499
>This is a completely new one
I probably will go for it then, be nice to get in from the start and it looks like a lot of Tails of Equestria stuff is OOP now anyway. Plus this is probably the future of G4, not that I'm complaining. It was pretty much always Faust's D&D version of MLP.
>>
>>39322471
Thanks for including the link OP, good job
>https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/15205/my-little-pony-core-rulebook
>Can only be used with Roll20; cannot be downloaded.
The hell does this mean?
So not only will it not be a physical book, but it won't even be a pdf or anything?
>>
>>39322692
There's both a physical and pdf version.
https://renegadegamestudios.com/my-little-pony-roleplaying-game-core-rulebook/
https://renegadegamestudios.com/pdf-my-little-pony-roleplaying-game-core-rulebook/
>>
>>39322692
>So not only will it not be a physical book, but it won't even be a pdf or anything?
Nigger what? To say you're criticising OP for not including a link, your own google-fu is very weak.
https://renegadegamestudios.com/game-worlds/my-little-pony/my-little-pony-roleplaying-game/
>>
>>39322702
>>39322707
I can both insult OP for being retarded while at the same time being twice as retarded myself. It's my special talent.
Thanks anons
>>
bump
>>
>>39322723
What does your double tard cutiemark look like?
>>
>>39322471
I wanna play this if it gets on TTS
>>
>>39323518
Definitely same
>>
>>39323506
A blue handicap placard, but made out of puzzle pieces
>>
>>39322492
Tales of Equestria is made for little girls, MLPRPG is made for bronies, and is recommended for players 14+.
>>
These are pretty cute
>>
File: large.jpg (315 KB, 1280x815)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
>>39324880
These ones are also nice
>>
Nah i played a dnd pone homebrew in 2012 and i still cringe thinking about it
>>
>>39324880
>WAOWWW colored dice!
do G$ellouts really?
>>
File: 4896.png (1.96 MB, 1680x1050)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB PNG
I hope the books are good, I love RPG sourcebooks. I haven't played D&D in years but I still buy some of the books because I just love the maps and lore and illustrations. I wish I had some horsefriends to play this shit with.
>>
File: 1636256535970.png (277 KB, 498x498)
277 KB
277 KB PNG
>giving money to Ha$bro
>ever
>>
>>39325458
They need it, now more than ever.
>>
>>39324880
The fuck is this shit? Two d20, two d8 and no d10/d100. Are they fucking up the dice sets on purpose?

Tails of equestria also had a 6-piece dice set, missing one d10.
>>
File: 1644185751477.png (293 KB, 640x640)
293 KB
293 KB PNG
>>39324880
>>39325400
>>39325462
You should see the upmost quality of their Deck Building Game meeples. At least these are only 5 dollars.
>>
>>39322471
more than likely
>>
>>39325472
>5$ for some cardboard stickers
hard pass
>>
>>39322471
I didn't know this would be a thing. Or that Tails of Equestria exists. Then I again, I shouldn't be surprised, should I?

How is Tails of Equestria? Any PDFs of it in the /tg/ share threads?
>>
>>39326807
I can upload it for you, what parts do you want? All of them?
>>
>>39322471
No. Hasbro can suck a dick. I'm not going to forget Shards of Equestria.
>>
Holy shit, it's real? I thought this was a photoshop meme.

>Pre-order now for a Q1 2023 release!

>Friendship is Magic!

>In the My Little Pony Roleplaying Game, players craft their own custom pony character to use in their storytelling game of friendship and magic, as they combat various Threats and other problems in Equestria and beyond throughout their adventures, led by their Game Master. The Game Master can use pre-written adventures (in the Core Rulebook and supplements) or use adventure hooks presented in the book to create all new stories for the players to enjoy.

>Features:

>Create a unique Pony character of your very own
>Complete rulebook for telling your own My Little Pony stories
>One player is the Game Master who leads the story for 2–5 other players
>Contains an introductory story for a new group of friends
>>
>>39325472
>>39326771
The ones pictured are made of wood. They're actually pretty nice.

>>39326822
It was originally a 2022 Q2 release, then it became Q3, then Q4. Now Q1 of 2023. I got everything pre-ordered and am still waiting. They don't even tell us that they pushed it back again, we just wait and wait, and when the wait seems kinda long, we check and see it's another quarter later to have to wait for. I hope it just means they're really polishing it off to make an awesome game. I'll also need to take some time to convert all the Tails of Equestria stuff over to the new, hopefully better system.
>>
>>39326817
Explain
>>
>>39325241
>Pinky Pie
This is official? Made by an actual company?
>>
>>39327459
https://web.archive.org/web/20121001021959/http://shardsofequestria.com/welp/
TL;DR MTG with ponies. Hasbro no likey. They were free to download. Hasbro no likey.
>>
>>39326813
The complete package would indeed be nice, yes.
>>
>>39327542
I mean, it was pretty dumb to think Hasbro would let someone produce a rival to what is one of their largest sources of revenue using both MTG and MLP trademarks and distribute it for free.
>>
>>39322471
Most likely no, I had two friends who even played TTRPGs and they are in bad terms with eachother
>>
>>39327081
>It was originally a 2022 Q2 release, then it became Q3, then Q4. Now Q1 of 2023. I got everything pre-ordered and am still waiting. They don't even tell us that they pushed it back again, we just wait and wait, and when the wait seems kinda long, we check and see it's another quarter later to have to wait for. I hope it just means they're really polishing it off to make an awesome game. I'll also need to take some time to convert all the Tails of Equestria stuff over to the new, hopefully better system.
Damn. I hope it's worth the wait.
>>
>>39322471
Nah I'll just take DnD or Pathfinder and force ponies into it
>>
Thats looks good so far.
Anons I have a question. Do you recommended/like MLP Tails of Equestria? I think about buying it next year.
>>
>>39322492
From what I hear Renegade is using their own system for the new MLP (and the other ones as well). Their system supposedly is a modified 5e engine but I haven't seen it myself.
Tails of Equestria is a really rules light storytelling game.
>>
>>39328229
Ponyfinder is a thing already.
>>
>>39327081
Renegade got a lot of shit for their Power Rangers RPG release that had a lot of mistakes and bad editing, they know it will be a lot worse if the MLP one ends up anywhere near that bad.
I have it preordered too, I hope the wait ends up worth it.
>>
What systems do you use for your pony RPGs, bros?
>>
>>39328943
Haven't played any pony RPGs but I played some dnd in college
>>
Bump, because I am curious about this >>39326813.
>>
>>39322471
Since it's Hasbro and Roll20 it will most likely be a D&D 5e with some modifications so no, there's no fucking way. I'll just pirate it and then keep using GURPS
>>
>>39330545
Are there pony rules for GURPS?
>>
>>39322471
woah, where are the G% characters? surely they should be pushing new product™, right?
>>
>>39325458
They need the cash. How else are they supposed to supercharge the blueprint?
>>
>>39330577
Do you love G4? If so, why aren't you glad?
>>
>>39330556
There are Racial Templates on Reddit, for things like magic and other stuff you can easily use the preexisting rules.
>>
What >>39330437 said
>>
>>39328368
>Their system supposedly is a modified 5e engine but I haven't seen it myself.
Pic related
>>
File: ISHYGDDT (Judicar).png (146 KB, 682x680)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
>>39330588
>Implying doomposters and falsflaggers care
>>
>>39330577
See that
>licensed by
text above the Hasbro logo? It’s not a Hasbro product, Renegade have licensed the G4 characters and setting. This is how G4 will live on, with companies other than Hasbro paying them for the right to produce G4 products. And that’s probably a good thing.
>>
>>39326807
There were last time I checked. Just follow the instructions in the OP PDF.
>>
>>39322471
But there already is an official tabletop MLP G4 RPG.
>>
>>39331577
Official doesn't mean anything anymore. There can and will be a hundred official G4 tabletop experiences. The "one true official" is time to die.
>>
PoneGURPS when?
>>
>>39331148
kek
>>
>>39324880
>>39325241
These do not even have ponies on them. They are just regular ass colored dice with branded packaging so you have to pay $12 for them
>>
>>39331628
That'd be cool, or a pony Open D6 set.
>>
>>39331577
Which one? Tails of Equestria?
>>
>>39332088
ye
>>
mare game
>>
>>39331300
Found it! Took me a while, since the books are not explicitly listed.
>>
>>39334110
Are the adventure books also in there? I remember grabbing the bestiary and compendium from there a couple of months back but I didn't check for any of the other books like 'Melody of the Waves'.
>>
>>39334648
I can only find The Curse of the Statuettes in my download. Weirdly enough The Bestiary is not in there. It's possible we looked in different collections. I found mine in a collection titled "Anime & Cartoons" from the Curated Archive and got the entire MLP folder.

The scan of the core book is also really just someone photographing every page. Not what I was expecting, to be honest.
>>
So are the G4 rpgs any good?
>>
>>39335479
They're not very complex, the mechanics are fairly barebones (aimed at kids, so...) and the premade adventures are meant to be solved in certain ways. If you make your own adventures you'd probably have more fun with it. You can't really expect to run whole campaigns or storylines meant to give a lot of character progression either, or you throw off the balancing completely. However, it does a better job of capturing the pony feel than Ponyfinder, D&D, GURPs etc would since those systems revolve around their combat mechanics whereas ToE is the opposite, the social mechanics and checks are the real focus of the system.
Give it a shot, but if you don't like it from the get go, there's not really anything that would change your impression on it.
>>
>>39335556
Unfortunately I don't really have a group to dnd with these days, let alone do a pony thing with. Could just give the rulebooks a quick read sometime, I guess.
>>
>>39334906
Oh, we definitely did in that case. I looked into 'Da Archive' and that had the core book, compendium and bestiary. All of them are the actual digital pdfs too and not some kind of scans from the IRL books.
I still haven't actually used it yet but I'll probably buy those scenario books (and upload them somewhere) after a run-through if I end up enjoying it enough. I'll keep searching if someone else uploaded them somewhere in the meantime.
>>
How do I start playing a pone RPG, /mlp/?
>>
>>39335927
First you need about tree fiddy
>>
>>39335609
Find a group here on /mlp/. Sometimes these threads turn into recruitment hubs.
>>
>>39322471
Looks interesting enough. With luck it'll be more interesting than Tales of Equestria was. I'll probably end up pirating it, if it's good enough I might buy a copy and force my group to play a session or two of it
>>
>>39335637
Ah, I found it! Yeah, that's definitely better quality.
>>
>>39328379
It's also shit
>>
After skimming the core book for Tails of Equestria but, I have to say I'm disappointed in the visual design.

Like a lot of it are stills from the show. And I can't help but wonder what is more expensive: original art, or stills from a costly license. It also reminds me of all these kid magazines back from the 90s and 2000s that frequently used stills from various shows (animated or live action). Which makes sense if you consider the target demographic.
>>
WHEN IS IT COMING OUT
>>
>>39339294
>WHEN IS IT COMING OUT
PIC RELATED.
>>
>>39339376
that's a really good scam... taking preorders and just keep pushing back the date each quarter. they're making so much money and not having to produce anything except for a few renders of "may not represent the final product"
>>
>>39325472
>Unicorn Twilight
Based?
>>
>>39339419
Surely you don't have to pay until it's actually dispatched? It's not a kikestarter.
>>
>>39339441
Dangerously
>>
>>39339577
you do. I'm out like $200+, waiting on it. They came through on the deck building game, I got all of that now, though 1: I see they have another new expansion I'm gonna have to order, and 2: I have nopony to play with.
>>
>>39339774
Fucking Hell, you're a braver Anon than I. I don't think I'd ever do that now with the economy the way it is and the propensity companies seem to have at the moment for suddenly going under with no warning.
>>
>>39322471
What pronouns are y'all planning to use?
>>
>>39339877
I'd want to play this with anons here but the thought of roleplaying is just way too cringy for me.
Game looks fun but I cannot create an OC pony character and pretend to be that character without dying inside.
I like ponies but I'm not a fucking NERD.
>>
File: 1376451249110.jpg (556 KB, 900x900)
556 KB
556 KB JPG
>>39339892
Look into your heart anon; you're already here, to anyone on the outside looking in you're already as bad as the cringiest nerd. Embrace it, join the herd.
>>
>>39339877
Faggot/Faggot
>>
>>39339909
I don't have the creativity to come up with an OC regardless, fuck me if I'll ever be able to pretend to be a magical female pony...
>>
>>39339934
You're over thinking it, you don't need to be especially creative to create original characters, not for a table top game. Your typical design process might look something like this:

>My group needs a tank, so I'll create my character to fill that role
>Earth ponies receive a natural bonus to their health pools and saving throws so I'll pick that
>My Earth Pony tank will need lots of stamina and strength, so she will probably stand out amongst the group as being physically larger than average
>Why is she so strong? She must have grown up on a farm and developed her physique from years of physical labour
>How did she become an adventurer? Canterlot must send royal guard recruitment drives into small towns like where she grew up, and she saw the opportunity to learn the soldier trade and make more money in a year than all her previous years as a farm hand combined
>Tanks don't need much Intelligence or Charisma so hers will be lower than average, that means she probably didn't make it far in school, is mostly uneducated, and prone to not being able to read the room and will be blunt with her words to the point of offending others
>Being a farm pony that's larger than other mares and not very smart she's probably a little self-concious, maybe even secretly yearns to be more feminine
>What does she look like? She's a large Earth Pony, so I'll give her the same coloration as a Clydesdale
>What is her name? Uh, She's a Clydsedale so her name can be Clyde
>She has a boy's name so she probably got teased growing up, maybe even got into schoolyard fights over it. Might explain why she dropped out early
>>
>>39339877
they made the character sheets available already, or is this from something else?

>>39340095
>Your typical design process might look something like this:
This. it's a really good start, probably even more detailed than you need to come up with on your own, >>39339934. A good GM will work with you on that and fill out the details that you/the party need and all you have to do is agree to them and work with them, or if you're not too big on them, change them as needed and *poof!*, you're actually more creative than you thought.

The important part though is that you engage in the game and with the players and their characters. don't just sit there waiting to be prompted on what your action will be, and then answer in as few words as possible. Not sure what you can do? Tell the GM what you'd like the end result of your action to be and worse case, he'll have you roll dice or just say no, and sometimes offer up another alternative. and with that, you learn just a little more how to play.

Also, get creative when playing. Clyde the Tank might be good at bucking down walls and doors but is probably strong enough to also throw ponies over walls (a nice spontaneous move for when the group is taking too long on figuring out how to breach the compound), or sneak smaller ponies into places, letting them hang off of her undercarriage.
>>
>>39340095
sounds kino
>>
File: 1599452127359.jpg (71 KB, 592x533)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>39339877
>pronouns

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.