[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
Flag
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 92 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: Derpy_draws_a_pone.png (74 KB, 800x800)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
Welcome friends, ITT:
We make and share pony content, be it art, music, games, or something completely different, with absolutely no pressure to deliver anything that's technically good (besides having ponies in it, which makes it good by default)

Make something, share what you've done, and give feedback and motivation to help us all keep improving and creating

Are you an experienced artist/musician/gamedev/etc? Leave some tips, feedback, guides, or tutorials, they're well appreciated here!

An in-depth tutorial on how one can draw show-faithful ponies, created by a local Anon:
Part 1 - Proportions: https://u.smutty.horse/mezmjzlknkd.png
Part 2 - Shapes: https://u.smutty.horse/mezmjzmlzsh.png

Noise Texturing tutorial:
https://u.smutty.horse/mghklnthjwr.png

Shading tutorials:
https://u.smutty.horse/mcssoijcesz.png
https://u.smutty.horse/mgpapccwmgu.mp4

An assortment of drawing guides and helpful tips:
https://imgur.com/a/m7zQ2
https://ponepaste.org/2348
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXb-Y_kz2aU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s72RpWJjfgg

Basic guide to music theory fundamentals, made by a local anon:
https://u.smutty.horse/lzkeufmqgxo.pdf

Draw with other Anons!
main canvas:
https://aggie.io/bale
overflow/sketching canvas:
https://aggie.io/ba

Previous thread: >>38700199
>>
File: purp_looks_at_numbers.png (55 KB, 683x664)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
hello fellow /bale/ bros!
not sure if you remember me posting this before, but I'm putting the final touches on an /mlp/ panel made just for (You), "Mare-itory Control"! It's going to be a mass Drawpile game where everyone draws pictures of their favorite pony and we see which mare ends up filling the most of the canvas
While that's going on, I'll be interviewing a bunch of artists about what advice and motivation they can give to beginners. Here's a list of everyone that will be interviewed live:
and several more have shown support and contributed thoughts but won't be interviewed live. If you have any questions you'd like asked during the panel, please let me know! A compilation of all these artists' advice will be posted here on Friday or so. They've said a lot of good things, I think it might help some of you guys out a lot
Anyway, the Drawpile will be open to the public a bit before the panel starts on Friday or the day before, but I want to make sure as many of you guys are able to join in and participate as possible, so I'm giving you guys exclusive early access to make sure you get everything set up and prepared for the con!

This is how you can join:
1. install Drawpile https://drawpile.net/download/
2. open this link in your browser and let it launch Drawpile drawpile://drawpile.wolvan.at/01g4nbvprtgskx69n89fsx8m3n
2-1. if you don't want to do that or it doesn't work for some reason, open Drawpile, go to session -> Join, put this link in the text box at the bottom (drawpile.wolvan.at/01g4nbvprtgskx69n89fsx8m3n) and hit Join
3. type in a name (or Anonymous or something, it doesn't really matter)
4. enter the password: mare

Familiarize yourself with Drawpile a bit, make yourself comfortable, and be ready to draw when the game begins, Friday, June 26th, 6:30-7:30pm EDT! (on the second cytube btw)
keep on drawing bros
>>
File: fluttershy.png (51 KB, 360x340)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>38753818
forgot to post the list of artists

Alumx, AnonTheAnon, Cammy, Clipper, Hattsy, Jargon Scott, LegendOfLink, Lockheart, MKogwheel, OJ/ahappypichu, Pabbley, Preserved_Plumb, Rhorse, SeafoodDinner, Sen/Senaelik, Solid Shrimp, TheBatfang/Batsy, WapaMario63, Whiskey Panda, and Wolvan

(mixed in a few that do stuff besides drawing, since /bale/ isn't 100% drawing anyway. Hopefully there will be something for everyone! (and like I said, there are more artists that contributed that won't be doing an interview, but you'll hear more from them later!))
let me know if you have any questions you want to ask them!
>>
Touched up on my mare from the previous thread, she definitely looks better but I'm still struggling with the hindlegs.
>>
File: mare2.0.png (48 KB, 673x653)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>38753879
forgot image
>>
Need help, Was artist who painted twi in recent bale post. This is a longshot question, but is there anyway I can learn how to make pony anatomy/proportions That the fandom actually enjoys? I feel trapped.
>>
>>38754007
>An in-depth tutorial on how one can draw show-faithful ponies, created by a local Anon:
>Part 1 - Proportions: https://u.smutty.horse/mezmjzlknkd.png
>Part 2 - Shapes: https://u.smutty.horse/mezmjzmlzsh.png
>>
>>38753858
>Alumnx.
Daaamn, now I really feel like going, kek
>>
File: night haunter.png (97 KB, 984x624)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>
>>38753818
Yes, I have few question
Do I need draw fast? Do my drawings must be perfectly good?
Can be a little bit sexy/cute? (like mares in socks)
Can I draw OC's if I want?
>>
Horse Time! Don't have anything new yet so here's another assorted horse.
honestly didn't expect getting picked for the op pic, tis an honor
>>
File: trixie.jpg (150 KB, 1920x1080)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
I think the position of Trixie's legs are off here, can red line anon help me out.
>>
File: Jambi.jpg (240 KB, 3508x2480)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
For Jambi. and yes I double checked AJ is not bald like engineer.
>>
File: Berry Punch P2A1.jpg (45 KB, 674x657)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
I seem to have gotten fond of this horse, been wanting to draw her more, the leg holding the glass got messed up, and im not sure if the hindlegs are right either, but it doesn't look too off, could have added the tail hanging out as well, but wasn't sure if i gave myself enough room to make it not look weird, probably could have added more detail, maybe a rubber duck or something i dunno.
>>
"Join the army they said, it'd be fun they said!"

wanted to do more background stuff, probably should have did more so it didn't look so barren, wish i made the pony bigger overall, she looks a little to small to me, despite me wanting her to be small, but not that small. Probably could have added more lesser wisps, so it would be more chaotic, or i guess really anything else would have helped, apparently i didn't scan this right because it looks off to me, i think i needed to take a better angle
>>
Local Mailmare becomes small time Ponetuber gaining 10s of views playing her favorite moba!

thought it would be fun to do a pony streamer/youtuber thing, Haven't played any sort of moba in years so I sort of vaguely made something akin to what I remember, I don't know why I chose that instead of like a diablo clone (which is why the health and resource is a globe) I bet Derpy would be pretty fun to play games with
>>
Pony.
>>
>>38756008
Bro, you are making soo many mares. Gud work bro.
>>38755255
unf
>>
>>38756014
you lie.
>>
>>38756008
Cute
>>
File: approved.jpg (27 KB, 300x263)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>38754285
Kek. I guess those vampire bats will give you a fright?
>>
File: jad.png (74 KB, 799x707)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
i made this quickly in macromedia flash 8 for the tf2 thread
>>
File: Floorb Confused.png (44 KB, 800x751)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
Quick Floorb to test if i actually figured out how to upscale this stuff (don't know if that's the right term but whatever) without the quality getting screwed up. I don't remember if her eyes are green or blue, maybe something in between? ill look it up later.
>>
>>38756410
eh, its kind of fuzzy, but its not as bad as it could be. I probably should just start using bigger canvases.
>>
>>38754632
I'm planning on doing a few different rounds to test things out and adjust for how many people we have and what it ends up being like, so
>Do I need draw fast?
there will be at least one round where it's a free for all, so everyone will probably be drawing fast, but there will be at least one round where everyone is limited to drawing one pony (or one of each pony) to encourage new artists to join in and give everyone some more time to work on their drawings
>Do my drawings must be perfectly good?
of course not! One thing that I hope this game will encourage is just doing loose, fun drawings of ponies, it doesn't have to be perfect! (in fact, it shouldn't be perfect!)
>Can be a little bit sexy/cute? (like mares in socks)
of course, it can be as saucy as you want to make it, there are no rules or limits on this front. The drawpile and streaming service are both privately ran, so there's no need to worry about censoring or anything
>Can I draw OC's if I want?
yeah, you can draw any pony you want! There might be some limits to that in certain matches, like a non-canon mare only match or vice versa. The point of the game is to get others to keep drawing the same pony as you to fill up a chunk of the board with it, so I'd recommend sticking to popular OC's if you want it to be a serious contender in the game. Like I said though, we might play around with rules a bit depending on how it goes

Also, someone just pointed out that I got the date wrong, whoops. It's on Friday the 24th, two days from now!
>>
File: rainbowdash.png (150 KB, 846x740)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
What time is the bale drawpile on Friday? Does it start in the morning?

I drew Rainbow Dash testing out light up booties. The eventual idea is animating her kicky hooves and light up with each step.
>>
>>38754007
the guides the other anon posted are a great place to start, but if you could post some of your work (or just tell us which one it is) we could probably give you some more specific feedback
>>
working from reference, looking kinda funky?
>>
>>38756924
the game and panel start at 6:30 PM EST, but the drawpile server itself will be open all day and all throughout the con weekend for anyone who wants to just chill and draw
my original intention was to start it off with the game, and then let people stick around and let it just turn into the /mlp/ con drawpile. We'll see if people stick around or not
>animation
ooo, sounds neat! good luck! that's a nice looking dash
>>38756977
>looking kinda funky?
eh, it's a funky pose. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Rump could maybe be a bit smaller though, just bring the line of the back down a bit
>>
Trying to get used to bigger canvases, made a Berry head as practice, also tried to get her colors right, luckily I found a website with her hex codes so it was pretty easy to do.
>>
Does anyone have any tips on drawing hindlegs I can't seem to get them to look right.
>>
File: 2893457029.png (71 KB, 1185x878)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
bump
>>
"It all started on the day of my birth, neither of my parents bothered to show up."

been wanting to draw more Floorb, ended up with the idea of her on one of those therapy couches (not sure if they have a specific name?) Hope her hindlegs don't look too off, didn't use a reference for this. This is the second attempt at this, the first one got screwed up at the last second so i ended up making a new one, kind of glad i did, i like this one better anyway
>>
File: beg76.png (63 KB, 673x653)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>38753882
>>
File: beg77.png (753 KB, 1009x1040)
753 KB
753 KB PNG
>>38755255
>>
File: beg78.png (471 KB, 1079x1095)
471 KB
471 KB PNG
>>38755530
>>
File: beg79.png (88 KB, 799x707)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>38756281
>>
File: beg80.png (85 KB, 722x586)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>38756977
>>
File: beg81.png (76 KB, 800x800)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>>38757085
>>
File: beg82.png (97 KB, 1185x878)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>38757255
>>
File: bale-06-08-2022(censored).png (882 KB, 1920x1080)
882 KB
882 KB PNG
cleared the canvas at https://aggie.io/bale
Backups:
https://u.smutty.horse/mhuzyiiahoc.psd
https://u.smutty.horse/mhuzyibnkfo.png
it's been really cool watching you guys draw and progress so much. Keep up the good work anons, it's fun drawing with you all
>>
File: Floor Bored F2.jpg (36 KB, 493x657)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>38757412
nother' Floorb, the hair on the left is a little too clean cut, probably should have made it more jagged (or would the word be messy?)
>>
>>38757085
aww she's cute
>>
>>38757451
>horn
???
>>
>>38757772
I’m retarded. Just realized you drew an ear. Thanks for redline.
>>
Ending the day with a Fae! Tried making the body short on purpose as per suggestion and honestly I felt like it helped, didn't have to fight to make this look right as much as I usually do, ill definitely keep it in mind for later use. Been messing with how I do her cutiemark, I still want it to be a star, but I think ill try to make it more intricate, or at least a tad more unique.
>>
File: scrunch.png (59 KB, 1461x1000)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
first attempt at a scrunching pony
>>
Bump up the jam, bump it up
While your feet are stompin'
And the jam is bumpin'
>>
File: f.png (245 KB, 899x1200)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
a little thing i did for /draw/ but forgot posting
>>
File: 1655996878995.png (106 KB, 894x894)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>38755530
>Jambi
Who?
>>
>>38754285
I wonder if this is before or after he develops multiple personalities
>>
File: Fae Reference wip.png (44 KB, 800x800)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
Jeez this took awhile, still got to get the cutiemark down though, apparently im having trouble making the star look right at the moment, this isn't great, but im glad i got around to doing it so i have a solid reference for her colors. filled this in by hand instead of using the fill tool, despite it probably being easier that way. really should have been using layers this entire time, some of the lines are a tad shaky since i had to redraw them without them being single strokes, which put me off apparently, at least there shouldn't be any transparence poking through.
>>
File: JAK STAT.png (440 KB, 2399x1339)
440 KB
440 KB PNG
New biopones!
This time they're supposed to represent the JAK/STAT pathway.

If you care: the Janus kinase (JAK) / Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription (STAT) pathway is a chain of interactions between proteins in a cell, in this case kinases: JAKs, and a more generic category of proteins: STATs.
This chain of interactions main role is to convey a signal to the cell from its environment and then to make the cell react by activating / repressing or simply modulating its gene activity.
To give (You) an example of this pathway being used: it plays critical roles in orchestrating your immune system! Especially by transducing cytokine signals.
A very good explanation of this whole pathway: https://derpy.me/0bc06

As an extra. I've modeled JAK's cutie mark after a cartoon representation of the JAK1 protein. Sadly, STAT's cutie mark's doesn't carry any special meaning besides being a blob interacting with DNA :^). The little envelope thingy STAT's holding in her mouth is supposed to be a phosphate atom, that JAK's given her
>>
>>38759296
sweet, I'm saving this for when I get around to drawing her!
>filled this in by hand instead of using the fill tool
thats how I and most artists I've seen work do it too, I think it just gives you more control, you don't have to worry about tiny gaps, and it's a necessity once you start adding in different colors for shading or details or whatever else
>>38759411
so cute! These put a big smile on my face, I love the little phosphate present, Jak looks so happy to deliver it!
>>
>>38758675
Very cute anonfilly
>>
front facing horses! or at least two, both of these are off, CD's head is either too big or her body is too small, not sure which one in particular though, the bug on top of her head looks more like a moth or butterfly than anything else, probably should have used a reference.
Mossy is on the small side, and her hair needed to be more out of the way, ended up squishing the rest of the face because of that.
Oh and a side of Sweetroll, haven't done her for a bit
Wasn't sure which way I wanted to deal with the hindlegs, so i tried to different ways, hope these don't look too weird.
>>
>>38759900
I think CD looks more show accurate, tho

Captcha: SPYH0
>>
File: Me, Myself, and Derpy.jpg (53 KB, 493x657)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
this sort of happened by accident, but i kind of like it, probably the most vaguely human-like human I've drawn, and drew a Derpy for good measure, i had an intent at first for this, but I'm not sure what that was now other than trying out a sort of attempt at leaning, wish i didn't make the background as scratchy as it is, because I'm not unhappy with it. Derpy could have been bigger, i added her more later than I intended, so she conformed to everything else around her. The shoes are funky, sort of just bricks that look like shoes in all honesty, didn't really think that ahead. Was going to do more with the wall, maybe some graffiti or something, i did get a single star though, so at least i did that.
>>
bump
>>
File: trixie bale.jpg (131 KB, 1920x1080)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>
File: 234590872039.jpg (195 KB, 900x1452)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
found this image useful maybe someone else can get something out of it.
>>
File: WastedDashie.png (735 KB, 705x833)
735 KB
735 KB PNG
Dashie drawn in chalk whilst hammered on my 21st.
Still proud of it to this day.
>>
File: 89245467456.png (65 KB, 1270x1011)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
something about this looks off but I can't quite put my finger on it
>>
>>38760592
There's no hock
>>
File: 4329387345.png (45 KB, 1451x814)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>38760636
thanks the hock always gives me trouble, does this look correct?
>>
Been messing with color, decided to do a little attempt at shading or i guess would this be considered highlighting? im not up on my terms, anyway, there's a few random scribbles as well since i got distracted, but nothing else major, her colors felt familiar, but im not sure where i have seen them. I need to get used to switching to smaller brushes since i always end up using the same one for the majority of this, and that can end up with the lines seeming chunky, or at least to me they do.
>>
>>38760740
The return of the hock definitely improved it. Still seems a bit off somehow, but sure why. Maybe because the rump trails to much into the hock making the difference less clear? Other than that, not sure.

It's only the lower part that seems somewhat strange, the rest looks great.
>>
>>38759605
>so cute! These put a big smile on my face
If that's true, that puts one on mine!
I'm glad the goal of making anons smile with my drawings is slowly but surely working!
>>
File: beg83.png (40 KB, 457x399)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>38759296
>>
File: beg84.png (101 KB, 959x535)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>38759411
>>
File: beg85.png (235 KB, 960x540)
235 KB
235 KB PNG
>>38760361
>>
File: beg86.png (66 KB, 1451x814)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>38760740
>>
File: Paper Trail 01.jpg (54 KB, 493x657)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
I said (or rather implied) ill end up drawing Paper Trail, and I finally got around to it, messed up the legs, was going to do a different pose with the legs but couldn't make it work, so I went with a more default pose, though I was sort of out of it when I finally did it, so its off. May have went overboard with the lines in the hair, and her eyes are weird probably should have left them uncolored, or made them smaller, her cutiemark is one of those paper fortune things, and she has a paper airplane tangled in her tail, and a paper boat sort of perched on her head, the tie has a paper airplane on it too, or at least an attempt at one. hope the hair isn't too much. In summary, she's an office horse who has a knack for organization and origami. Don't know if I should go over her whole spiel again so ill refrain for now.
>>
>>38753802
I still don't understand how to make these nice, stable, straight lines. It feels like every line I draw has a 60% chance of being wonky. Is it just a matter of practice?
>>
>>38761542
Draw from the shoulder, not the wrist and yes, practice.
>>
>>38761542
are you drawing with a mouse or a pencil?
>>
>>38761548
I'm still learning to fight the instinct to draw with my wrist

>>38761554
Stylus
>>
>>38761560
Yeah just follow the other anon's advice you'll get better over time.
>>
>>38760388
It's already in the OP but appreciate the thought

>>38760361
You should definitely make hooves less chunky and take a closer look at her left eye, but cute OP pic
>>
>tfw I still haven't practiced for the drawpile
this is gonna be a disaster
can't wait
>>
>>38761560
Also try making a line on the page with one smooth sweep, then try to draw another line over the top of it, do that a few times and then maybe do a different line. See how thin and non-hairy you can get them. It's good practice, and kinda fun in a tossing-quarters-at-the-wall way.
>>
Anons with tablets without a display, how does it feel to draw on it? I was thinking about getting a cheaper drawing tablet without a display but I feel like there would be a big disconnect looking at a monitor instead of where your drawing.
>>
>>38761683
How does it feel to use a mouse instead of a touchscreen?
You adapt to that disconnect, it's really not a problem. In fact, screenless tablets don't suffer from problems like your hands covering your drawing or any scratches being an absolute eyesore.
>>
>>38761686
>a mouse
It just hit me that a trackpad would've been a more apt comparison, but you get what I mean.
>>
>>38761683
It's not that bad. I think I got used to it decently quick. Then again, I guess I was also already used to that kinda disconnect as I drew ponies primarily with a mouse rather than on paper prior to getting my tablet.
>>
>>38761686
>>38761692
Do the tablets show where you stylus is going to land before you touch it or do you have to guess? If it's the latter I feel like I would have trouble accurately drawing.
>>
>>38761683
Honestly? I thought it would be impossible to use, but it took me no time at all to adjust. It's probably easier to switch if you're a beginner, but don't quote me on that.
>>
>>38761699
The tablet's drawing area corresponds to areas on the screen, so you can tap in different spots once you're used to it, but the stylus operates like a mouse cursor. You see where it's going to go, it would be useless otherwise.
>>
>>38761699
yeah, you can hover the stylus above the surface and still have it show up on screen without drawing a line.
>>
>>38761707
ok that's a misconception I've had for a long time I've always looked at those tablets thought how the hell do people draw with them lol, also do you have any recommendations on tablets?
>>
File: Fae Top Bun.jpg (37 KB, 493x657)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
Wanted to try doing a top bun, though it kind of just looks like she's balancing a swiss roll on her head. Felt like drawing Fae with her other eye showing, her ears may be a bit too down, probably should have adjusted the hair to compensate, instead of just working around it. Been messing around with hairstyles in general, want to diversify so things don't get too same-y.
>>
>>38761721
>also do you have any recommendations on tablets?
Based on my own research, I'd say an XP-Pen Deco 01 V2 if you're on a budget or a complete beginner to drawing, or one of the more expensive Wacom tablets for something serious. iPads are also supposed to be pretty good, but I'm not convinced they weren't just memeing.
The cheaper tablets aren't very accurate with small movements, but you could always just zoom in a little instead of spending a couple hundred more on something actually good.
>>
File: Derpy makes a mistake.png (92 KB, 819x818)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>
>>38761858
Appreciated Anon, I despise it.
>>
>>38761858
this made me kek
>>
>>38759172
Friend that resides in my puter.
>>
File: Fae Mane Explained.jpg (63 KB, 876x657)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>38761752
Okay, so the gears in my head are turning and I apparently feel like trying to explain this, so here's a quick and shitty attempt at a visualization of how I've sort of envisioned Fae's mane working, basically its sort of tucked into the scarf most of the time (the back of it I mean) so you don't really see it from the front, and from the back its sort of draped over the scarf a bit (if that makes sense?) when it's not tucked in, its in a sort of normal sitting position for hair I guess, also I guess this is a good enough time to explain her ears as well, sort of liked the idea of a sort of 'lop-eared' pone (which apparently can happen with real horses, which happens from insufficient cartilage development in the womb or whatever, my research is minimal at best, anyway, its cute, so I like it) which is why her ears are how they are, only ever really being held up by her hat if she's wearing it, if not, they flop over. It's nice to have a visual for this, ill probably try to incorporate this into her view from the side, sorry for the rambling, as always.
>>
>>38761866
I'm sorry anon. You more of a Dr Pepper kind of guy?
>>
goodnight bump
>>
I'm having fun sketching ponies but my lineart always turns out bad and it's discouraging me from finishing drawings, how do I fix this?
>>
File: fluttersit.png (87 KB, 360x504)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>38753818
>>38753858
start of the panel got moved forward 15 minutes by the way, now it starts today at 6:15 pm EDT! it still ends at 7:30 though
can't wait to see you guys there!
>>
>>38762302
>15 less minutes of maresketching
;_;
>>
>>38762307
no, that's 15 minutes more! I wanted to take a bit more time for it
>>
>>38762302
*panic* idk if I return to home that quickly. I have obły half hour before event starts.
>>
>>38762111
I have the same issue from time to time. It is possible that you may need to adjust the properties of your lining brush. Mind posting an example of your sketches vs lines?
>>
>>38761858
Is this how pilk is made?
>>
>>38762331
>>38762302
We can join midway through right?
>>
>>38762656
Idk + i have bad news. There is no bus. I must run.
>>
>>38762302
>>38762331
Wait.....

;_;
15 minutes after midnight. I happy that I draw with bros but still
>>
>>38762302
Fug. I'll be in the wage cage by then... Scribble a nurse pone for me bros
>>
bumpan the thred from work
ponies cute
>>
File: Ena Pone.jpg (33 KB, 493x657)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Ena Horse! made this to bump the thread but i got distracted. Trying to translate Ena into a pone was interesting, it was a fun i guess.
>>
>>38756924
no one pointed out i forgot her wings
>>
>>38763770
Dash was better before she got wings
>>
File: TrixieLulamoon (2).jpg (406 KB, 3508x2479)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
Trixie gets a background for her show. Well sort of.
>>
>>38763950
I think I would want her to have a cutie merk here
>>
Nother' Canvas, this was bigger at first, but i got lazy and didn't want to fill up the rest of the canvas, so here's what's done, i really like how the Fae turned out, i think ill try to get a standalone of that, tried to do coloring in this one, kept forgetting to change layers though, made it hard to color stuff in because i did them on the wrong layers. Hope this doesn't end up too small.
>>
File: beg87.png (90 KB, 360x504)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>38762302
>>
bale CHADS this is our time
>>
>>38764596
>mfw won't be able to make it to the panel
Please punch in a drawing for me
>>
File: nocturnal (You) Delivery.png (881 KB, 1452x1173)
881 KB
881 KB PNG
Fuck it I'm toasting it. Keep on drawing, anons!
>>
File: bale2.png (89 KB, 920x785)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
Thanks for the great panel.
>>
File: my drawings.png (264 KB, 1366x727)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
I was told to post my drawings here. I don't draw much (other than for TF2) but it was very nice taking out the tablet and hear some good advice. I should probably start posting here more.
>>
File: badass.png (115 KB, 596x535)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
I drew this badass filly doing a cool skate trick
>>
File: file.png (457 KB, 1098x1076)
457 KB
457 KB PNG
Wrong thread lel today's and yesterday hexes
>>
File: wife.png (183 KB, 1037x726)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
fun drawing with (You)
>>
File: file.png (155 KB, 791x285)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
Respect for the nasa sector
>>
File: file.png (312 KB, 885x654)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
drew a flut
>>
File: mareitory (2).png (159 KB, 472x453)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
Loira
sunset
pretty
>>
File: Lyroooo.png (44 KB, 187x183)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>38764861
Nice perspective!
>>
File: mareitory 1 (2).png (160 KB, 460x402)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>>38764861
Here's the other one I drew
I love her btw
>>
File: smugfille.png (14 KB, 705x526)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>
It is yet again time for a page, for real this time, probably could have squeezed a few more in here, but I'm happy with this as is, Big Fae's scarf x turned out funny, was trying to be fancy but didn't plan it out and ended up with whatever this is. did the pointing Fae without a reference, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, sorry for the weird angles, I was sort of circling the paper around when doing this, singing Fae's lyrics got cut a bit as I was cleaning this up, but I don't think it made it illegible, hope the scan picks up the letters better than last time, overall was fun to do, probably could be doing more poses, I intended to do some more, but wasn't sure if I'd run out of room, though I could have made them smaller.

totally forgot about the thing today, too much of a wuss to participate myself, but I hope everyone has/had a good time
>>
>>38765048
holy shit the words got butchered, sorry about that, that's what I get for screwing with the settings.
>>
>>38764822
so cute
>>
>>38765029
cute
>>
>>38764888
Based lyra poster.

>>38765048
For a moment I thought she was singing 8 melodies
>>
>>38765105
correct me if I'm wrong, but you mean like from Mother? actually that would have been a good idea.
>>
File: pnkmna.png (539 KB, 1688x2176)
539 KB
539 KB PNG
>>38765029
After 100 years fucking around on ms paint I return to Krita
>>
wisls
I don't think I like Drawpile much. I switched to the zoom tool and then tried to zoom in and ended up drawing a line across the canvas because it automatically switched me back to brush for some reason. This happened multiple times. Also at one point I drew an eye, decided I didn't like it and erased it, redrew the eye, drew something over it, hit undo to remove it, accidentally hit it too many times and got the old eye back, and when I hit redo somehow ended up with both the old and new eye, so I had to erase both of them.
>>
>>38765528
How'd you get your sketch to look so good are you using a tablet?
>>
File: 20220624_234401.jpg (493 KB, 2880x2880)
493 KB
493 KB JPG
>>38755255
Could be one or the other but the hoof could be lower
>>
File: file.png (199 KB, 486x464)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
>>38765638
The issue isn't the position I think, it's the joints.
>>
Another cover horse coming up, this time for the album cover of Blackmagik Blazing by Camellia, I've tried doing this before but always strayed from the original intent, this is pretty sketchy, didn't really fill things in cleanly this time around either, it was fun though.

also on a side note, I'd like to shill "Nasty *Nasty * Spell" it's my favorite from this album
>>
>>38765617
Yeah, a tablet and the pencil 2 brush on krita
>>
>>38765125
Yes
>>
>>38765669
I like her shawl
>>
>>38764719
very nice luna
>>
The Artist Training Grounds (ATG) will now start on July 1st according to a new post on equestria daily. The ATG is a 30 day pony drawing challenge - draw 1 prompt per day. I'm not linking the post since it shows anthro shit, but you can always interpret prompts to be canon/ponies. All /bale/chads are invited to participate! It's great fun and practice!
>>
File: day 58.png (508 KB, 1751x1439)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
>>
>>38766836
Terrifying. I want to vomit.
>>
>>38766954
?
>>
>>38764719
Her tiny butt excites me so
>>
>>38767017
The filly looks huge and masculine
>>
>>38766836
keep the eyes at the halfway mark of the head, biggen the ears, biggen the hair, small the snoot, narrow the far eye to sell that the head is round
>>
>>38767063
Sure. I'll give that a go
>>
Couldn't decide if I wanted to draw Celestia or Luna so here's a generic princess as compromise, let's just pretend its your princess of choice. Her muzzle(snoot?) could have been more 'princess like' but I didn't like how it turned out, so I did this instead.
>>
>>38767480
very cute
>>
>>38765597
You can hold CTRL and then use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out. I've been using drawpile for a while as my sole drawing software, and after getting use to the nuances it becomes very comfortable.
>>
con bump
>>
File: suribale.png (27 KB, 692x558)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
Have a Suri
>>
File: shitpost.png (253 KB, 1121x541)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
>>
I missed the /bale/ stream, how did it go?
>>
>>38768679
I think it went really well but I'm biased
see for yourself
https://sys.4channel.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpony.tube%2Fvideos%2Fwatch%2Fplaylist%2F22ed0e2e-2f76-450a-9247-b2a912536d3e%3FplaylistPosition%3D4
>>
>>38768679
Personally, I found the public hangings and human sacrifices most appealing.
>>
>>38768808
Don't forget about the part when sethisto got hanged drawn and quarted live!
>>
>>38768895
One of the best rendition of the Aristocrats I've ever seen!
>>
>>38768993
That may be the most unsettling entry I've read thus far. Even more than the chocolate candy demons.
>>
>>38761858
LOL
>>
File: 1656213402.png (68 KB, 436x510)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
Sketch loosely based on the Twi fig standing on my desk, drawn while watching Shawn react to animations.
Could someone redline this for me?
>>
File: day 63.png (1.23 MB, 3287x3015)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>38767063
hows this?
>>
>>38769587
I think this face is a lot better
Belly arch too low though, makes her look pregnant
Unless that was your intention in which case I'd make the chest smaller to accentuate the big belly
>>
Hope I'm numbering these right, anyway, Fae Page! Wanted to do some poses, on the left we have what was supposed to be a stretching Fae, but it just looks like she's sort of vibrating, the right one I just referenced through a quick dumpster dive of google, it didn't turn out too bad, probably should just save as many pose references as I can when ever I find them, but I'm too lazy, the rest of these are more or less doodles, wish I started this on a new page instead of using the rest of the room of an old one, so I had the room to do more poses, but there's always next time. Also, I used the wrong 'to', but at that point I'm just nitpicking.

>captcha: 20KHP
dang thats alot of health!
>>
>>38769668
>Belly arch too low though, makes her look pregnant
na it wasn't, there'd be a bit more of a bulge if that was the case

>I think this face is a lot better
Thanks, hope my thought process come across well with my construction lines sketch
>>
File: rooty.png (76 KB, 730x884)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>>
File: bale-06-22-2022.png (5 KB, 266x148)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
Good, Bad, I'm the one with the horn.
>>
>>38769587
Cute. Not sure about the role of the light here, adds almost nothing. I'd rather you'd sell the roundness and the proportions of the style.
>>
>>38770773
Made a new horse!

>>38770374
She lives... again!
>>
File: 1656195845857.png (708 KB, 640x640)
708 KB
708 KB PNG
I need this ponyfied
>>
>>38770374
Fucking awesome, love it
>>
>>38771086
wrong thred champ
>>
File: ssssshh mare are sleepin.jpg (233 KB, 1015x1024)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>38771086
the tag "ponified animal photo" is your friend.
>>
File: lyra_lost.png (689 KB, 2664x2142)
689 KB
689 KB PNG
>>38771086
>>
>>38771554
kek
>>
File: 2.png (235 KB, 1350x1024)
235 KB
235 KB PNG
I hate drawing with mouse
>>
File: loira.gif (673 KB, 1241x1365)
673 KB
673 KB GIF
>>38771815
Same my drawing tablet arrives tomorrow.
>>
File: 3.png (259 KB, 1350x1024)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
>>38771815
>>
hi guys, opinions on krita for animation?
>>
>>38771982
i really wanna try it
>>
File: highly flammable pone.gif (15 KB, 170x156)
15 KB
15 KB GIF
>>38770374
M-MARANAX PALLEX
>>
>>38771982
basic capabilites for frame-by-frame are there and perfectly fine. nothing for any other production technique.
>>
File: Fae Room a1.png (39 KB, 950x950)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
Been wanting to try out an interior, wish I made this way bigger so I could have actually had a decent looking Fae, at this point I probably should just look up tutorials for this, it makes more sense than floundering around and hoping for the best, wasn't sure what to do once I got the walls, table and bed done, so I just sort of threw some random bullshit on the ground, should have just drew some drawers or something, didn't want to room to feel too big, or empty. though as is, I'm not unhappy with this, its a start at least, probably could look at some reference next time, so I have a actually idea of what I'm going for. Some of the stuff on the shelves are just nonsense objects with little meaning, after the first few I couldn't think up of anything, so I sort of went with whatever shapes i could think of, and went from there.
>>
>>38772311
Wow, neat!
>>
>>38772311
on another note, in general, when I end up doing another iteration of this, ill probably try to make the room more round, since this would be in a mage tower, may have to figure out perspective to make it look nice as well, so that will be an interesting rabbit hole to dive down.
>>
File: 4.png (52 KB, 387x419)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>
>>38772001
wanna try it with me?
>>
File: Wallflower Poni.png (241 KB, 1191x1280)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
I did this
>>
>>38772935
pretty good but I feel like the back of her neck cuts off too soon
>>
>>38772943
Noted
I'm still getting the hang of digital drawing
>>
File: nacho.png (398 KB, 1600x900)
398 KB
398 KB PNG
First time posting a drawing in this thread, I came up with a random oc and drew it. If anyone can share me a hair tutorial I would appreciate it cuz' I have no idea how to draw hair and just kinda winged it.
>>
>>38773027
The ponepaste in the OP has a google doc with a lot of tutorials I'm pretty sure there's a hair tutorial in there
>>
how would you anons feel about scheduling a time to draw together so we can critique each other in real time?
>>
File: beg88.png (589 KB, 1751x1439)
589 KB
589 KB PNG
>>38766836
>>
>>38773342
Hanging out with other /bale/ anons sounds fun
>>
File: beg89.png (80 KB, 625x529)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>38769587
>>
File: beg90.png (78 KB, 436x510)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>38769516
>>
File: beg91.png (102 KB, 730x884)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>38769932
>>
File: beg92.png (65 KB, 387x419)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>38772595
>>
File: beg93.png (229 KB, 791x887)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>38773027
>>
>>38773342
yeah, the aggie is always at its best when its active with a lot of people at the same time
>>
File: Numget_Redheart_2.png (136 KB, 701x651)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
numget nurse!
>>
So, I decided to give Krita another shot, tried it years ago but gave up pretty quickly, picked it up again since i felt more comfortable with digital a tad more, was actually a rather decent experience, hope this isn't blindingly white, don't know how to change the background color yet (or even if i can). This is just some random ass doodles as i get used to it, also I'm not sure how to make these smaller, this feels like a rather big file size compared to what I'm used to.
>>
File: numget.png (73 KB, 290x290)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
so, for those who didn't check out /mlp/con, my lyra tulpa drew this a while back and when I talked about it on stream the entire convention was consumed
>>
>>38773824
so I drew her again
>>
>>38773828
I hate mushrooms
>>
Having a tulpa doesn't mean you're a schiz--
>>38773828
>>
do you think mushrooms feel?
>>
>>38773824
yeah, shoulda voted this for BEST WHATEVER ELSE
btw, there's still time to submit her to DeviantArt if you want a unicorn badge
https://www.deviantart.com/team/journal/Tutorial-Draw-a-Unicorn-with-griffsnuff-915026559
>>
>>38773369
Thanks, is that everything? I kinda felt like the head or maybe neck is a bit off.
>>
>>38773342
I can barely draw a basic pose in like 2 hours
>>
>>38773857
Having a tulpa makes you the GOOD kind of schizo. The fun kind.
>>
>>38773921
I don't use deviantart.
>>
>>38773828
>>38773751
cute
>>
Hey guys, mare-itory anon here. Thanks to all of you that came by and participated in my panel, I hope you were able to enjoy it! A lot of these have been posted in the con thread, but let me just dump a bunch of links here that might be nice for some of you to have

First off: a compilation of advice and motivation from popular board artists https://derpy.me/zbokf
these are all from a survey I sent out to help plan and organize the panel. Lots of good stuff here, and most of it wasn't even mentioned during the panel

Next, the recording of the panel
https://pony.tube/videos/watch/playlist/22ed0e2e-2f76-450a-9247-b2a912536d3e?playlistPosition=4
as soon as I get some time I'm going to upload a version with the audio in the beginning fixed so you can actually hear the people at the start
and here's a youtube mirror that's missing the first 10 minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRsAc33R4P4

Finally, the canvases themselves
Round 1
source .ora file: https://u.smutty.horse/mhvuoskmcmh.ora4k uncompressed png: https://u.smutty.horse/mhvuosuhuwh.png
Round 2
source .ora file: https://u.smutty.horse/mhvusfdjasg.ora
4k uncompressed png: https://u.smutty.horse/mhvusfazzyg.png

Thanks again for your participation and support, I really enjoyed putting this together, and I want to find an excuse to do more stuff like it in the future

>>38773824
best thing to happen to the con, I hope numget sticks around for a while I can't tell you how proud I am that this huge new board meme was made by one (two?) of our own /bale/chads. You're gonna make it, anon (both of you)
>>38773828
kek, nice. I can't wait to see what else comes from this
>>
>>38773993
crap, I missed a newline in the round one links numget
>>
bump
>>
>>38773751
memkit
>>
File: Redheart a1.png (278 KB, 1318x1206)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
Our local nurse enjoyer has inspired me, wish she came out better, Krita is nice, but also a tad more daunting to use than some of the others im used to, it's a good investment though.
>>
>10
>>
Pony heads
>>
File: Fae Boop.png (106 KB, 547x512)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
Boop

messing around in Krita, hope i finish this page up by tonight, also as one may be able to tell, i figured out how to crop things into a new picture, so that's neat
>>
>>38773342
Seriously, seconding this idea or something like it - would love to hang out in a cytube chat with you guys or something, just draw together, hang out and maybe watch or listen to stuff
>>
>>38773342
Sounds like fun.
>>
File: pretty hat mare.png (71 KB, 392x325)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
drew a mare with a hat, this hat feels familiar, but I don't know what kind it is. Been more successful with my hats being more 'naturally' fitting to a ponies head, less floating than it was before, her mane could have been better though, sort of limp at the moment.
>>
>>38776041
oh I remember what it reminds me of, its like one of those fisher hats, but more fashion-y
>>
File: Thumbs_Up.png (52 KB, 512x512)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>38774922
Cute nurse! You love to see it!!
>>
>>38775842
>>38775832
>>38773444
>>38773363
Seems like we have enough interest now to just figure out a time and place
>>
File: chrome_JHyG2UtgPe.png (1.06 MB, 1273x712)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
New creative block from Lauren Faust.
It doesn't has a lot of pony but it does gives you a lot of insight in regards of working in the industry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqIqtUcF0zs
>>
https://u.smutty.horse/mhxdajnkufa.mp3
Now that the con is officially over I can get back to my previous process of 'git good' at using Lmms, today was a attempt at understanding how the Mt Power DrumKit2 works (apparently its not possible to just copy paste the 'grooves' pre-made sample, they need to be first drag into notepad, saved and imported back as generic midi file). Also Vul if you see this post, thank you for that song making panel, it was really inspirational.
>>38776198
Oooh, nice find Anon, hopefully Lauren will spill some beans on that witch cartoon that has returned to her when the netflix animation section was nuked away.
>>
>Atop these cliffs you couldn't see the ground, nothing but clouds could be seen below.
>Your wings absorbed the unhindered light
>You felt refreshed
>Though that feeling slowly faded into dull apathy, as it always does
>Your generation has been discontinued for decades now, seen as obsolete, unfit for naught more than simple scouting missions
>Despite not needing to rely on fusion cores as your new generation counterparts, you still where seen as 'odd' for not upgrading.
>The idea scared you, you've seen friends and colleagues that you've know for since you where first commissioned go through those procedures, and they always came out different, almost unnervingly fearless, uncaring if they became damaged or mangled.
>You where used to being called cowardly, but that cowardice has saved your life time and time again, unlike your First Gen peers, who have dwindled down to the single digits, most of them retired to non-combat roles, commanders and lab-rats, far from harm.
>You where lucky enough to be assigned as a Pathfinder, away from those entities that stalked the ground.
>You check in with whichever Forward Command that you where nearest whenever you get the chance to share intel, but for the most part, you simply map safe routes for outgoing squads.
>Your weaponry is minimal at best, bladed wings that could cleanly cut a Crawler in twain, if you got the angle right.
>But you haven't had to used them in a long time, for some, that would seem unfortunate, but you liked the calm.
>With a 'click' you where informed that you where fully charged, It felt quicker than usual, but that could also be you didn't have to deal with clouds as you usually do, it could be a good idea to come to this spot more often, it comforted you.
>With a quick stretch, you get up, staring deep into the cloud layer.
>Soon, you will have to go back down there, into whatever might come.
>You take a breath, the clear air may not have as much of an effect as it would on a non-artificial creature, but it still felt nice.
>With a twirl, you leap down the cliff, piercing the clouds, becoming engulfed by fuzzy mist, once you break out, you become once again aware of the vast jungle below you.
>You activate your visor, ready to scan once more, one day you will re-visit those cliffs, and if you're lucky, you may do it with friends once more.

been wanting to do this for a bit now, but never could make a picture that i liked to go with it til now, never really wrote anything like this, so i hope this doesn't feel to weird, may have to many 'you's, i checked this through, but i still don't know if everything is worded properly, usually i never write down the little stories that pop in my head, but it's nice to give them some life
>>
>>38776153
fyi I responded twice
>>38775832
>>38773363
>>
>>38776424
she mentioned that right now she is working with smaller animation companies, not indie per see but less known
>>
>>38776557
Combining art and green is a fun idea, keep going with it anon! I certainly have wanted to do similar things in the past. I don't have much for critiques since I'm not much of a writer, but I thought it sounded good so far.
>>
File: 1650068971468.jpg (2.86 MB, 2807x2705)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB JPG
>>38773993
>Round 2
>source .ora file: https://u.smutty.horse/mhvusfdjasg.ora
>4k uncompressed png: https://u.smutty.horse/mhvusfazzyg.png
Mfw someone drew null
>>
>>38776583
fug well hopefully more anons take interest in the idea
>>
>>38776627
I am envious of your mane drawing skillz
>>
>>38776776
Not my drawing, I must add.
Just though it was a good reaction.
>>
File: Ponerz.png (1.02 MB, 1999x1665)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
Been practicing pone heads and bodies for a bit.
>>
>>38776877
https://youtu.be/4kWkK4mOlVM
>>
>>38776889
Thanks!
>>
little moon Luna poster thing that I had the idea for, was going to color it, but I cropped this after I already saved and reopened the page, which I didn't think about til it was too late. May make a new one that's bigger when I get around to it. on another note, doing these sort of pages of pones have sort of gotten me more individual drawings than i expected, it's nice, though the full page isn't really anything interesting, didn't even finish it, probably won't post it, sort of redundant
>>
>>38777092
eh, screw it, ill just post it for posterity, kind of lost my groove near the 'end' (or rather the point at which I stopped) doing that Yarrow thing kind of took it out of me for some reason. it'd be weird to post the one after with a '3' without showing the '2', I guess this is has become a almost daily thing? just sort of doodling pones throughout the day and pick and choose the ones I like most to make more 'individual' its been fun so far that's for sure. Should do some more bodies, sort of gotten into that weird place where i want to just draw faces, want to break that so i don't get to complacent.
>>
In your guys' opinion does using references for your drawings too much hinder your ability to improve?
>>
>>38777181
no, i dont think so. I think having references are a great way to get an idea on how something looks, and then studying how it looks that way and why it looks good can help you improve
I know i use references frequently when trying to figure out pony poses
>>
>>38777115
I like mistake, she looks like a silly pony
>>
>>38777181
I guess it depends on the reference in question, for the most part, its not a big deal, but I'm sure if you aren't careful you may pick up on another artist's habits (if that makes sense?) For example, using a reference from an artist with a rather outlandish style can influence one's drawing, if anyone's concerned, I'd say just use more show accurate references, but it's usually fine, it's nice to experiment, and yeah, poses are a big reason to use a reference, sort of gives you a baseline of what you want to do, and it's up to you how you will deviate from there.
>>
>>38777115
I sense delta rune in there
>>
>>38777181
Not really. Tracing, on the other hand, kind of does
>>
Draw belly or preening?
>>
File: snowpity.png (49 KB, 704x780)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>
File: 1610773545428.gif (2.11 MB, 382x369)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB GIF
>>38777836
>canvas didn't crop properly
was originally going to try practice drawing snowponies with this piece but I ended up practicing shading and highlighting instead
whoops
>>
File: comic.jpg (138 KB, 1280x1080)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
Friendship used to make me so queasy queasy. But you all made it so easy easy. Based off a friends steam game habits.
>>
>>38778329
kek, nice
>>
Boop
>>
Inspiration strikes in the darndest times. Or its a giant fist.
>>
File: Prime (2).jpg (247 KB, 1280x1080)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>38778899
Forgot pic
>>
File: ark.jpg (68 KB, 1280x1080)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Idk how i feel about this one. Def could familiarize myself with this body type.
>>
>>38778902
nice
>>
File: Gathering wip.png (2 MB, 2289x1885)
2 MB
2 MB PNG
Man, this takes awhile, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the long run, currently doing a background, will probably try to make it less flat, i guess that means ill end up having to try to shade this, once i get to the ponies, there probably will be a decent amount of them, not sure what exactly im going for yet, other than a gathering of sorts, Using a mouse for this is rather time consuming, but it's not that bad. Sorry for the shaky lines, haven't make anything this large before, will end up having to do something with the stage lights, not sure exactly how ill pull it off yet though.

>captcha: YD4RK
I too, am perplexed by the darkness.
>>
>>38779303
I love how you seem to be focused on the story /around/ the ponies, or the characterization of the ponies, rather than purely on pony anatomy or something like that. I admire it, I want to put more of that into my art.
Where do you get your inspiration from?
>>
>>38779324
Music is a big one for me, my mind loves to make up stuff when listening to it, haven't really put it down into anything coherent until now, and its nice to do that's for sure. I've always liked pictures with stories to tell, or I guess I mean that have a purpose, I've always liked art and writing, but never had the courage to really pursue it until recently, it's been a rather interesting journey so far, and I'm happy to have a place to share it.
>>
>>38779303
Did an attempt at shading, and also added light things to the stage lights, feels less flat, though this probably isn't right, but its better than nothing, ill end up doing the ponies next, I think I have an idea on how ill proceed, but ill probably need to use my room wisely. Was going to try to have the lights shine on the stage, but I'm not sure how to pull it off, so ill just let the shading of the ponies do the talking for when i get to it, i guess this is technically a project? certainly putting a lot more into this then i usually do.
>>
https://cytu be/r/BCSart

streaming 2d anonfilly stuff
>>
File: i t b e g i n s.png (27 KB, 287x195)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>38779457
yeesss.... mare time! just have to make sure i don't draw these on the wrong layers.
>>
update bump! many mares will be drawn, and good times will be had.
realized i started color coding the pones, ill try to diversify them from here on out
>>
File: Redheart_Smile_137.png (65 KB, 542x520)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
redhort
>>
Do you guys have any tips on using a drawing tablet I just got mine and I'm struggling
>>
>>38780056
What are you struggling with?
>>
>>38780059
My lines look pretty shitty and my drawings just look off
>>
>>38780067
Compared to drawing on regular paper? Or are you starting with a tablet? Are you wearing that weird half glove thing? Without it there's some friction between your hand and the plastic that could interfere with your pen movement.
>>
>>38780090
Yeah my paper and mouse drawings look way better, I tried the glove thing for a bit but it felt weird maybe wearing it will help.
>>
>>38780101
Also, keep in mind cheaper tablets are quite bad at small movement, if you're drawing small details it's best to zoom in.
>>
File: beg90v2.png (80 KB, 436x510)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>38773929
>>
Alrighty, this is mostly done, I probably should add more pones onto the stage, but for right now, I think ill set this aside, this was fun. The ponies probably vary in quality quite a bit, and some are smaller than others, which is 'sort of' intentional, I settled on a sort of community center sort of gathering, ponies hanging out and doing stuff in a sort of auditorium dome-thing, wish I had some story to tell with this, but there's a tad to much going on to pin point a specific point of interest. I tried to do more varied colored pones, though I'm not sure how I feel about that one two toned one in the center bit, probably should have make her mane one single color. Hope the shading isn't too all over the place, I settled on the stage lights sort of being the source, though I probably didn't pull that off.
>>
Hey, just putting some feelers out there, not committing to anything, but would any of you /bale/ anons be interested in watching a fellow /bale/ anon draw? I was thinking maybe I could stream or something.
>>
>>38780669
Yeah been wanting to watch someone draw pones for awhile but can't really find anyone who streams it
>>
File: amre.png (208 KB, 880x775)
208 KB
208 KB PNG
>>38780110
Ok I finally got the hang of the drawing tablet not sure if I was just being retarded earlier or if something just clicked but I was able to draw this using >>38776627 as a reference
>>
File: Yarrow-1 sketchless.jpg (113 KB, 876x657)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
so I was screwing around with my pen, and ended up with this, it's sketch-less so it's sort of funky looking(especially the face and hindleg), but the hatching I was trying to do sort of aligned just right for a moment and I actually kind of liked it, unfortunately, the scan doesn't do this all that much justice, but either way, I feel like I have a better grasp on it than I did before, might try doing some cross-hatching in something sooner or later, but probably planned out unlike this one. There's other stuff here to, I'm just too tired to crop them out at the moment. (on another note the Fae here has a too-big head, which sucks, I kind of liked it)
>>
>>38780442
>Alrighty, this is mostly done, I probably should add more pones onto the stage, but for right now, I think ill set this aside, this was fun.
It looks fun. I like all the little details with food on the tables and how they’re all do something.
>The ponies probably vary in quality quite a bit, and some are smaller than others, which is 'sort of' intentional
I don’t think this can helped. From what I’ve seen in the various comics/manga, this is normal.
>>
File: beg97.png (396 KB, 1280x1080)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
>>38779179
>>
File: beg96.png (602 KB, 1280x1080)
602 KB
602 KB PNG
>>38778902
>>
>>38780431
Thank you
>>
>>38780796
Nice!
>>
File: twiburgering.jpg (50 KB, 900x900)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>
File: file.png (97 KB, 508x475)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
occupational safety mare
>>
File: Anch0r_ByBoxyBrown.jpg (223 KB, 1280x1080)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
Drawing based on a friends OC. A little effort goes a long way.
>>
File: Yarrow's Contemplation.png (170 KB, 283x373)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>The sky has slowly faded to dusk, the clouds hang low, there may even be a risk of rain, though for the moment, all is quiet.
>She sits atop a mound of reddish-grey clay, unearthed for some long forgotten purpose, the strand below stretching out unto the horizon.
>These skies weren't meant her, or at least that is what she is told, supposedly they where built to make way for their estranged masters, but now, no commands come from on high, and they are left to their own devices, to fend for themselves and carve out a place to call their own from this unforgiving world.
>She contemplated the odd bug which has landed on her.
>She knew what butterflies where, she learned of them on High Foundry, where the archives where located, though the one perched on her hoof was much more sharp.
"What is it like, little one?"
"To go through so much, to be so engrossingly beautiful, only to die mere weeks later?"
>She knew it couldn't answer, but it's presence compelled her to question it.
"Do you lament your short existence, or are you simply content to live at all?"
>Am I content to simply be alive?
>Why was I built?
>And for who?
>There has to be a purpose.
>Something more than this.
>The butterfly simply keeps it's perch, unmoved and unfazed.
"How I wish to have your lot in life."
"To be free"
"To be able to live"
>To be able to die.
>Isn't that what you want to say?
>Don't you yearn for oblivion?
>No.
>Then why do you still mourn?
>There is nothing left for you here.
>Live your life, and know happiness again.
>But what if I stumble?
>We all do.
>But we simply get back up.
"I..."
"I wish to be able to fly once more with company"
>And there will come a day where that wish will come true.
>Simply believe it to be so.
"Your wings are like mine"
"They shine in the light"
>The butterfly leaves it's perch, fluttering unto the horizon.
"I'll remember you, even when you are long gone, I'll still be here to sing your silent song"
>And with that, Yarrow felt content, simply to live, simply to be.

(spoiler)I honestly don't know what to say after all that so uh, hope this isn't too all over the place(spoiler)
>>
>>38783063
>fucked up the spoiler
well, you can't win them all.
>>
File: ex.png (443 KB, 725x518)
443 KB
443 KB PNG
Some expression practice
i still have chicken scratch though
>>
File: índice.jpg (18 KB, 492x1040)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
I'm having trouble on drawing muzzles and eyes, anybody, the structure of the face too. Usually they don't seem to convey any emotion when I draw it. Would love a helpful tip!
>>
>>38783707
Gonna sound weird and cringe, but I'd recommend to use yourself as the model. Get in front of a mirror and gesticulate some expressions.
>>
>>38783598
above average sized snoofa, witnessed,

>>38783707
can't see shit my man.
>>
>>38783063
You're doing the right thing, fren. Keep following what inspires you, even if you think it strange.
I've certainly done some weird-ass stuff on a whim.
>>
File: doomy twi.png (246 KB, 1200x900)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
I really shouldn't complain. I get to poni poni through the rest of humanity's golden age and then go to Equestria when shit hits the fan.
>>
File: Brie And Yarrow.png (327 KB, 699x411)
327 KB
327 KB PNG
>The bright fluorescent lights strain your eyes, they chase away any trace of shadow from the room, leaving nowhere to hide.
>The floor is covered in well-kept tiles, immaculate and shiny, contrasting the outside of the clinic, which looked like it's been through hell and back.
>You sit atop what looks like a slab of concrete, though despite it's appearance, it is rather malleable, you would feel somewhat comforted, if it wasn't for the fact that it felt like you where laying on a bed of snow
>The whole room is cold, distractingly so.
>Your shivering is a combination of both the cold and your general un-willingness to be here, but unfortunately, these check-ups are mandatory, despite your protests.
>You've never liked these clinics, you've never liked the lab-rats that call them home, they always poke and prod, always questioning, always staring, it's enough to drive a mare mad.
>The door finally opens, out comes a curly haired mare, at first you think she is simply the nurse, but the coat is a dead giveaway.
>"Hi there! I'm Brie-"
>How fitting
>"-And I'll be giving your check-up today!"
>She seems rather enthusiastic, unlike most lab-rats you've encountered thus far, maybe she's a new gen, possibly 6th, maybe 7th gen?
>And she's staring at you.
>Why is she staring?
"Is something wrong?
>"Oh! Sorry, just... don't think I've seen wings like yours before."
"Are you sure? These are standard issue, or at least they used to be..."
>"Hmm... don't think so! What gen are you again?"
"I'm First Gen, I thought they would put that on the report?"
>"First Gen! Wow, didn't think I'd have the pleasure to work on one of the old guard!"
"Old guard...?"
>"Are you unfamiliar with the term? That's what the newer generations like to call the first three waves, though it's more or less reserved for the First in particular."
"I guess I'm a bit behind on my terms."
>"And you're in such good condition! From what I've heard, most of the First Gens are mostly replacement parts by now-"
>She proceeds to do a few laps around the slab, rather excitedly, looking you up and down.
>"-Those wings must be 'Iota-1s', never though I'd see the day!"
>You ruffle your wings a tad, unsure how to react to all this.
"Um...can we get on with the checkup?"
>"Checkup? Oh! Got a little too caught up in the moment there! Sorry about that."
>This certainly is a lot more attention than your used too, usually they just scan you and let you on your way.
>"Okay! So let's start off with a few questions: How do you feel?"
"Fine... I guess?"
>"Is that a 'I don't want to talk about it' fine or a 'everything is peachy-keen!' fine?"
"Um... I guess the first one?"
>"Well! In that case, you better start blabbering, before I have to scan you to make sure your fine!"
>This mare is strange, and rather pushy when she need to be.
"Alright! I guess... I Just don't feel all that...happy as of late?"
"I mean, I feel fine, but... I don't?"
>"Well, that certainly doesn't sound too good, want to talk about it?"
>>
>>38784141
first time every scraping character limit, and I'm not even done with this, guess while I'm here ill just quickly say that I wish I had actually made a background for this one, instead of that sort of tiled void, not sure if I should continue of not? I didn't really plan on this being more than one post
>>
>>38784141
>>38784150
I'm curious, I thought it was a console ponies thing but it clearly isn't--I'm intrigued
>>
>>38784434
Yeah the whole 'generations' thing may have been confusing, I think 'model' would have been a better word, though i kind of like the whole 'gen' thing.
Without being needlessly long, essentially this sort of follows various 'robo-pones' as they go about their day on a sort of hostile planet, abandoned by their human creators, who are probably dead or whatever. That's kind of the basic premise. Sort of using this as a gateway into learning how to do this sort of writing. I'm not sure how to describe this in particular, i guess sci-fi would be a okay way to put it, but honestly I don't know any real technical jargon to really benefit from the setting.
Also on the art side, I'm using this to sort of get used to Krita, which I'm feeling a little better on, still need to use smaller brush sizes though.
>>
Boop
>>
>>38784910
boop
>>
Any advice on how to draw with mouse?
>>
>>38785315
Try to use a program that allows you to do smooth strokes with an adjustable weight: it will fight your movements, and make lines much easier.
>>
>>38785331
>program
Like for example?
>>
>>38785369
I use GIMP, but Krita should have it.
>>
>>38785369
Krita, Blender Greasepencil. I think Paint tool SAI has one too. But you can also get software for smooth lines like Lazy Nezumi or Silky Shark
>>
>>38782418
What’s with her eyes?
>>
>>38786091
They are like cameras I think. Aperture robot eyes or something.
>>
File: HOrrible.jpg (396 KB, 1280x1080)
396 KB
396 KB JPG
This was very challenging to nail down. Something still seems off.
>>
>>38786533
- The show usually draws the mouth smaller and further up in this pose, or stretches the head significantly to make the mouth really large
- its not clear whether AJ is rearing or bending backwards: if bending back the chest and neck should be super pronounced, if rearing she should be stretching ler forelegs forward for balance

However I think the picture is really good and I wouldn't change it. I really like the immediate recognizability of character and pose, and the design has this very nice dynamic curve
>>
>>38786533
Looks like she's laughing so hard she's about to fall over backwards
>>
Yall i never should of found the paintbrush tool. I could of painted normally but i couldnt resist.
>>
File: Clinic Visit Part 2.png (196 KB, 332x446)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
>>38784141
"I'm not really sure if I'd be comfortable with that, you're probably swamped with other patients anyway."
>"You're actually the first in a week! Trust me, I really don't have anything else better to do, but it's not like I can force you, just letting you know that if you need to vent, I'm here."
>Her smile seemed genuine, with a hint of concern, much more care than your used to.
"Well... thanks, but for now, I think we should just get this checkup over with, not like there's much else wrong with me."
>"Other than the emotional baggage?"
"Uh... yeah, that."
>It's probably best not to get into things, you'd probably be here all day if you did.
>"So, I think we'll skip the rest of the questions and go right to the scan!"
"We're still doing that?"
>"Well, at least I gave you fair warning, not like it's invasive or anything."
"I know, I know, I just don't like it."
>"We got to do a lot of unlikeable things in our lives, at least this one will benefit you."
"I Suppose."
>Brie prods at her coat, which begins to glow with life, the pattern on it begin to move.
>With a rather bright flash, you go blind, if only temporarily.
"Jeez, could it be any brighter?"
>You rub your eyes with your hoof.
>"Sorry about that! Still not used to it, new tech and all that."
"It's fine, so what's the diagnosis, doc?
>"How formal! Well, looks like everything is in the green, though you may want to get in the habit of stretching more, you look tense."
"I am tense."
>"Exactly!"
"So that's It? I can leave?"
>"That's up to you, if you want to talk, It's not like I'm going anywhere."
"I don't really have anywhere else to go today, my next surveying mission starts tomorrow afternoon."
>"Sounds like you're free then."
>You scoot off the slab, stretching a bit as recommended, seems like she was right, it really does help.
"I guess so, though you're probably still on the clock, so ill get out you your mane."
>"It just so happens that you're the last one of the day! Or rather the only one of the day, Besides, Holiday gets way more appointments than me.
"Holiday works here?"
>"She's the primary artificer of the clinic! Kind of a bigwig in our little outpost."
"Artificer? I didn't know that's what you lab-rats call yourselves."
>"And I was unaware we where compared to rodents!"
"Oh... I didn't know."
>"All in good fun, I find the term to be rather fitting!"
>"Well, if your free as you say you are, why not go take a stroll around the outpost? Get some fresh-ish air?"
"I think I'd like that, did you want to join me?"
>"I thought you'd never ask! Lead the way my winged companion!"
>Maybe you can make new friends, the world is a rather big place after all.
>And it all started with a visit to the clinic.
>You felt happy, for the first time in a while.

Hope this wraps this up, didn't expect to do this, but it was fun, may have screwed up some words, didn't do a check over or anything. Did a background (kind of) for this one
>>
>>38786671
Just realized i messed up the nose.
>>
File: Rush erotic.jpg (1.01 MB, 2221x2147)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
Red and black oc in suggestive pose.
>>
File: twi.jpg (251 KB, 1280x1080)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
A purple smart.
>>
>>38785315
Honestly my advice is to just invest in a cheap drawing tablet it's worth it
>>
>>38785315
If you're determined to draw with a mouse, be sure to turn off acceleration, it'll save you a ton of frustration with your lines.
>>
File: Rarity.ByBoxyBrown.jpg (540 KB, 1280x1080)
540 KB
540 KB JPG
Tried that thing where theres like a bunch of dedrafts but the the face is really off.
>>
File: rarityretry.BB.jpg (291 KB, 1280x1080)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>38788346
Mentally pooped. will not stop me though.
>>
File: Brie Portrait.png (56 KB, 183x193)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>"Holiday says I'm to nice to the patients, I'd say she's not nice enough! We may be machines, but that doesn't mean we don't have feelings!"

wanted to do a front facing portrait for Brie, though she looks like she's looking to the side more than anything, but I kind of like it, added a few little accessories to the front of the lab coat (Or at least an attempt at a lab coat) At first her hair wasn't going to cover her eye, but looking back at her other appearance, I thought it made some sense. I'm still not sure how robot-y I want these ponies to be, I think it would vary on the model and generation, Brie isn't built for combat so she probably would be rather lightweight in comparison to some others, Yarrow would be too, since she's one of the first versions of her particular model, more being added on and modified over time would make the next generations be heavier, though not to heavy, as they would be pegasi, it would be a different story for other models though. Honestly I probably should just start writing this stuff down, instead of coming up with it on the fly
>>
File: ANON! (2).jpg (171 KB, 1280x1080)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
Uhhh. Anon... I.. Im sorry.
>>
File: Derpy Scouter.png (42 KB, 167x134)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
Derpy! What does the scouter say about his power level?
so apparently you can change the opacity of a layer, probably should have figured that out earlier, but it's certainly something I'll keep in mind for later use
>>
artist training grounds starts in a bit less than 24 hrs, here's a newspost https://www.equestriadaily.com/2022/06/newbie-artist-training-grounds-starts.html
>>
>>38773342
>>38775832
I love this idea and I'd be totally down to help set it up sorry for the delay in responding, I needed a bit of a break after /mlp/ con
>>38779531
wish I could have made it, post here if you decide to stream again sometime!
>>38780669
drawing streams would be fun, a good way to stay on track and get things done too
>>38780732
there are a few artists that post on tempo when they go live, usually it depends on what they're working on though. Last week or two had a few people streaming con prep well, probably just one, actually

>>38776153
>place
well that's easy
I set up https://cytu be/r/BaleShack real quick for any potential future bale streams Beginner And Low Effort Streaming, Hosting, and Collaborative Knowledge-sharing
>time
that's a bit trickier. Saturdays in general would probably not work, since we'd be competing with the rewatch stream. We could do something tomorrow night (Friday night), but a lot of people might be gaming
I think we just need to accept that no time will ever be perfect and just start streaming whenever we have the chance, so who's up for trying it out tomorrow? Maybe around 8 pm EDT?
>what do we do
working on our own projects at the same time and sharing progress would be fun, working together on the aggie could be even more fun and we could have an open jitsi link for anyone to jump in and join a vc, if anyone would be interested in that, but here are a few ideas of other things we could try too
- artist workshop, where we call in an artist to teach us something, critique our work, help give us pointers, etc doing the panel thing got me in touch with a bunch of artists that may be interested in doing stuff like this
- we could keep the room and just let different people stream through it on different times/days whenever they have something to work on they could stream. We could all take turns being the "streamer" and have the pressure on us that way
- thread review - once the thread is at or near bump limit, we go through all the pictures that were posted, talk about them, give critique, etc mainly suggesting this because I think it might be easier and more fun than typing out a reply to every single image ^:)
I might have had more ideas but I can't remember right now
>>
>>38789263
8pm EDT tomorrow sounds good! I'll certainly come hang around in the cytube.
>>
>>38789035
>eqd
Nahh.
>>
>>38785252
>>
>>38789008
Here’s what I imagine her saying:
>”It’s six. Go get him!”
>*Guys starts getting beaten into the dirt*
>”Oh whoops, the scouter was upside. It’s actually nine thousand.”
>>
>>38789263
Yeah 8pm EDT tomorrow works for me
>>
File: warmupAnon..jpg (255 KB, 1280x1080)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
Warmups.
>>
File: frontlegs.jpg (141 KB, 1280x1080)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
Front view legs are difficult
>>
File: 1637788505925.png (160 KB, 478x943)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
Poor filly didn't stand a chance against my inability to shade and draw the lower half body.
>>
File: IMG-20220701-WA0005.jpg (64 KB, 900x1600)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
I tried a front view
>>
>>38790702
you did a good job, she's cute!
>>
File: Beach Day wip.png (762 KB, 881x755)
762 KB
762 KB PNG
quick update on what I'm doing, gonna take advantage of those summer vibes! with the power of opacity, I now have shadows that don't look weird! though I probably didn't need to to that little bit at the top of the umbrella, I actually like how this came out, went through a few different prototypes of the umbrella, and ended up with this one, now, it is time to add the pones!
>>
>>38787553
I like the colors, very cute picture
>>
File: DerpyBallZ.png (97 KB, 1004x588)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
Thought I'd try my hand at making a /bale/ OP image
>>
>>38789263
starting the stream in an hour not quite so sure what we'll be doing, but hey, we'll figure it out together
>>38789341
uh, today, not tomorrow. But if there's interest we can definitely do tomorrow too
>>
>>38791585
oh must have misinterpreted the message due to different time zones
>>
File: ReadyForStream.jpg (247 KB, 1280x1080)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>38791585
Got my interest.
>>
>>38791585
>>38789341 (me)
I'll tune in in a bit, just busy with something rn
>>
>>38791585
Standing by
>>
>>38791585
You alive anon?
>>
>>38791771
>>38791846
yeah, I'm streaming right now, check the link
https://cytu be/r/BaleShack
>>
File: Beach Day Bungle.png (708 KB, 861x740)
708 KB
708 KB PNG
"Are you 100% sure that there won't be sharks?"
>"Fae, I'm fairly certain that the only thing you'll encounter here at best will be those tiny crabs, or maybe a seagull."
"What if there's a REALLY aggressive seagull?"
>"I mean, sure I guess that can happen, but it's not like we packed lunch or anything..."
>"Wait a sec..."
"You forgot the lunchboxes, didn't you?"
>"Yeah..."
"So I WAS right!"
>"Oh hush, or I'll throw you in the water."
"You better not! I spent a lot of time getting my mane done..."
>"Yeah, I saw that, didn't expect you to do that."
"I could do yours if you want."
>"Well, it's not like we have anything better to do."
"Or eat."
>"We could try to catch one of those crabs."
"I'm pretty sure that's illegal."
"That, and I don't really like seafood"
>"Oh, you're no fun."

well that was fun, wish I caught Ari's weird forelegs, but it could be worse, Fae is supposed to be sitting weird, though I wasn't sure if I should have tried adding the other leg or not, also she's a tad small. Gave their cutiemarks some color, though I'm not sure if ill stick with these colors. Wish I remembered what the original story was going to be, but I didn't write it down and forgot, so here's something super improvised and dumb. Probably should have made Ari more annoyed looking. Also I kind of like Fae's mane like this, though this is more of a normal bun vs a top bun
>>
>>38791894
Aw nuts, didn't see the towel's various un-colored bits, white is hard to see vs transparency(or whatever the cubes are called?)
>>
File: IMG-20220701-WA0019.jpg (55 KB, 1280x795)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>38792154
Better pic
>>
>>38792207
I'd like to blast her processing, if you know what I mean. Heyo!
>>
>>38791900
Why not make a temporary layer under everything and fill it with a color that'd be easy to see?
>>
>>38792478
yeah, I probably should have thought about that, Ill keep it in mind.
>>
File: bale-06-22-2022(final).png (844 KB, 1920x1080)
844 KB
844 KB PNG
Backups:
https://u.smutty.horse/mhyxyyslbfd.psd
https://u.smutty.horse/mhyxyywtdvk.png
we finished filling this up together on stream, it was a lot of fun. I'll definitely try setting up more stuff like it in the future!
>>
>>38791551
Based derpy Bale drawfag
>>
>>38792542
thanks
>>
File: shootingstars.gif (152 KB, 800x654)
152 KB
152 KB GIF
>>38792535
Stream was super fun/comfy hope we can do it again soon
>>
>>38792535
Fun stream.
>>
Artist Training Grounds starting now. Post and submitter here: https://www.equestriadaily.com/2022/07/newbie-artist-training-grounds-xii-day-1.html

First prompt: Draw a pony standing / Draw a pony stuck in place.

I'll be finishing the 30 day challenge this year, hope to see you participate.
>>
>>38789726
>>
File: Pinkamena.ByBoxyBrown.jpg (183 KB, 1280x1080)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>38792940
A Pinkamena just standing there menacingly.
>>
File: Brainstorm Page 2.jpg (135 KB, 965x657)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
Of course I would lose my mojo the day of atg, hope I'm able to scrounge something up later, for now ill just post this crappy brainstorm page I did while sleep-deprived. Was getting around to how i want Holiday to look, settled for what is essentially a jaded Pinkie lookalike. The design will be fun to do once i do it in color, the mane will end up having funny little sprinkles, everything else on here is kind of unfortunate, except for Brie, just felt like drawing her again, need to settle how many curls her mane has though, end up drawing it different each time. Screwed around with the symbols on their lab coats, Brie's will probably be the same, but I'm not sure on what to do for Holiday, ill probably figure it out on the fly. The various limbs kind of suck, was trying to think about how varied they would look, ended up with sort of to much noise, at least I think so. I technically have another page like this, though it's not really a 'brainstorm' page and more of a 'assorted horse' page, but more sketchy, which would probably mess with the scan if i end up scanning it.
I probably don't need to do these walls of text each time i post my dumb art, it's probably rather annoying, sorry about that
>>
>>38794154
Cute. She looks like she's about to murder me.

Here's my attempt at Rarity.
>>
>>38794300
Very NICE! good work bro.
>>
File: Anon!YouLookTerrible!ByBB.jpg (571 KB, 1280x1080)
571 KB
571 KB JPG
Well things would be a lot easier for Anon if I could draw him better.
>>
File: SweetDreams.jpg (379 KB, 1280x1080)
379 KB
379 KB JPG
Sweet dreams
>>
File: 2ndtry.gif (140 KB, 800x800)
140 KB
140 KB GIF
I tried animation.
>>
>>38794576
cute backmare
>>
>>38794576
now draw her head turning
>>
File: Brie And Holiday.png (162 KB, 681x462)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
Well, I guess I'm just having a rather slump day, can't draw a body for the life of me, here's Holiday in color, probably should have made her mane a more custard color (She kind of looks like a donut like this), instead of a light(pale?) pink, Still a fan of the sprinkle-y bits, I think its fun. Did Brie as well, her manes not right, I think I'm just overthinking it, and doing to much. Did their tails as well, kind of did that because I felt like there was a bit to much unused space. Drawing with a mouse certainly takes longer than using a pencil, even with the added bonus of being able to undo your mistakes, probably should try to hone my movements, so I don't end up with shaky lines. Maybe I need a bigger mousepad, or more room as well.
>>
File: D.png (64 KB, 580x464)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
trying to think in 3D
Is being mean in anon's nature?
>>
Messing around with a different brush, ended up doing a couple anonfillies, and a lanky anonmare. Fun brush, not sure if ill use it for anything yet though.

Speaking of brushes, anyone have any recommendations for brushes in Krita? I've found a few I like, though I probably should diversify.
>>
>>38795148
He's That Guy On the Internet, shitposting in all your favorite threads. Yeah, he's kind of an asshole.
>>
File: Pink Lantern mare.jpg (1.57 MB, 4032x3024)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB JPG
Lantern mare but on paper because digital is less fun. phone photos aren't fun either
Pink Lantern Oath
For hearts long lost and full of fright,
for those alone in blackest night,
Accept our ring and join out fight,
Love conquers all with violet light!
>>
>>38795989
Very cute
>>
File: Shirt.png (3.77 MB, 4470x5370)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB PNG
>>
File: unknown (4).png (270 KB, 300x420)
270 KB
270 KB PNG
>>38796001
>>
ATG Day 2 prompt: Draw a moving pony / Draw a pony leaping to action

Here's a super cute mare from yesterday (gallery https://www.equestriadaily.com/2022/07/newbie-artist-training-grounds-xii-day-2.html)
>>
File: reserved.png (25 KB, 268x176)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
the first attempt at a /bale/ stream was a lot of fun, I want to plan another for this week
when would work best for you? I would probably start it at 8pm EDT again, but I'm not sure what day to do it on
also, I kind of want to try the artist workshop idea, is there anything in particular you guys would want to learn, or any specific artist you'd want to learn from?
>>
>>38796481
cute Twi
>>
Well, that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, Pinkie would have been the more obvious choice, but I did Twiggles at first, then drew Ponk later since I wanted something more bouncy, also here's a Jenga mare, kind of unrelated. Twilight's legs probably could be more 'in use' they look kind of static to me, though that could be that I didn't alternate right, ended up with both legs on one side being the ones moving, ill watch out for that in the future. I'm curious how literal one should take these prompts, the first one made me think stuck as in stuck in like a hedge or something, but I'm certain it meant more or less, sort of just standing there?
>>
File: filly444.png (405 KB, 1240x1240)
405 KB
405 KB PNG
>>
File: 1642866954534.png (483 KB, 1866x1200)
483 KB
483 KB PNG
Some random poses to break out of 3/4ths side view and some different stylized faces
>>
>>38796372
Ponka doing her piggu dance.
>>
>>38796481
I have tomorrow off and a lot of other anons so that might work well, I'm also for doing it today.
>>
>>38797612
tomorrow I'll be out watching fireworks at the usual time, but tonight would work for me
or I could just do it later in the night tomorrow
or both
OR I could set up the cytube so someone else can stream on it then
>>
>>38797368
>sparkles
Holy shit filly actually took a bath
>>
File: 2ndtry-3-smol.gif (182 KB, 400x400)
182 KB
182 KB GIF
>>38794987
done
>>
>>38797739
cute!!!
>>
>>38796481
I'll probably be lurking most evenings, so probably if people start doing things I'll join in.
>>
>>38797938
me too probably, and if people are lurking I'll probably just start streaming
Speaking of which, stream again tonight at 8pm EDT
>>
boop
>>
File: Pone Bounce wip.gif (56 KB, 800x800)
56 KB
56 KB GIF
bonk

at first I was going to do something related to applebucking but couldn't get it to look right, so now we have a bouncy ball bouncing off a mare's head, gonna make the face more pony, and give it color and a mane next, I could add more frames so the ball goes out of sight, but I'm not sure if its needed or not
>>
>>38798349
I love her.
>>
>>38798349
the bonking continues
gave her some color and mane, more pony-ish snoot as well, also a simple three dot cutiemark, was going to do a mouth, but i didn't feel like i made this big enough to really get it to look right. She only gets hit for like three frames, so she is sort of just being dramatic
>>
File: Dash.ByBoxyBrown.jpg (447 KB, 1280x1080)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
>>38796372
Dash sporting in clouds.
>>
streaming right now at https://cytu be/r/BaleShack
join in and draw!
>>
File: Unicorn Pikemare.jpg (56 KB, 493x657)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
I'd say unicorns would be pretty good at throwing spears, on account that they could probably just use magic to force it to go where they want it to, without worrying about outside factors.

messed up the line for the face, ended up a bit weird
>>
>>38798880
actually 'pikemare' probably isn't the right term, but I couldn't think up the right terminology for a spear-throwing soldier, maybe javelineer (I think that's a word?) would have been better.
>>
File: Rotate The Derpy.gif (33 KB, 800x800)
33 KB
33 KB GIF
Look at her go!

was going to do some alternating lights, but felt like that would have been a tad much
>>
File: ponermilf.png (9 KB, 608x456)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
Stellar Mare
>>
File: lyra snail pretty.png (257 KB, 807x548)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
Lyra snail
this turned out pretty
I like playing with light like this, I wanna do more of this kinda thing
>>
File: FWxy6-xVsAAaY1d.jpg (2.11 MB, 2000x1532)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
ATG Day 3 prompt: Draw a pony filled with determination / Draw a pony ready to take on the world

>>38798676
That is awesome, dude. The pose really looks like she's twisting through the clouds. Dash has violet eyes though, and maybe a bit of the tail should show somewhere.

Gallery: https://www.equestriadaily.com/2022/07/newbie-artist-training-grounds-xii-day-3.html Have a spinning filly.
>>
File: Fulmina Ignis.gif (141 KB, 800x800)
141 KB
141 KB GIF
This was going to be a unicorn casting a spell (I mean, it is, but I was going to do a whole head) But I got to engrossed in doing the spell effects that I didn't really register that I hadn't finished the unicorn until it was kind of too late, will certainly make sure to do the whole pone next time.
On a different note, Unicorn magic has always been something I've found interesting, and I'm curious of what exactly you could to with it visually
>>
i’m still getting a hang of drawing ponies i decided to practice by drawing a mare from the my little pony game loft app i thought she was cute
>>
>>38799397
Cute cornmare. She looks like she's about to tip backward, her head needs to be bigger.
>>
>>38799418
i knew something was off thank you anon
>>38799296
cute bloom i love her expressions
>>
>>38799296
Here's my little Applejack trying to look determined.
>>
Local mare just happy to be here.

Some fun with background/foreground, came out better than I expected, I especially like the buoy. Her names a reference (a rather obvious one) but other than that, nothing else overly interesting, was going to make her a pegasus at first, but I apparently couldn't get the wings to look right. Honestly all that names I came up with where all gold related, the second best was Gold/Golden Fleece, though that felt kind of dramatic, so I went with this one
>>
>>38797739
very nicely done!
>>
File: loira.png (2.23 MB, 3500x3500)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
Lyra bump
>>
Wanted to do that sword flip Sif does in dark souls, all that's left on this one is the mane and probably some touching up, though I'm too tired to do it right now. The motion lines are probably unnecessary. I feel like I could probably add a frame or two more, though I'm not sure where. Also I hope this isn't too fast.
>>
File: lyra snoofs the sun.png (21 KB, 500x304)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
morning bump
>>
File: bale-07-02-2022(censored).png (1.18 MB, 1920x1080)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
Backups:
https://u.smutty.horse/mhzznwptdah.psd
https://u.smutty.horse/mhzznvsyqxr.png
>inb4 muh smurfing
aggie+cytube has been a really fun and productive combination, lots of learning and good times here

Next stream will be Tuesday (tomorrow) at 8pm EDT, it'll be a workshop with Rhorse. Come and learn how to make mares look pretty
>>
>>38799138
>>38798631
>>38799364
>>38799959
https://u.smutty.horse/mhzzunmgdry.pdf
Nice to see a cultivated interest in creating new pony animation, if anyone is interested, here is The Animators Survival Kit book
>>
File: 1640339948399.png (407 KB, 1866x1200)
407 KB
407 KB PNG
>>38799296
Fuck shading
>>
>>38800964
looks great, nice job!
what's she magic-ing?
>>
>>38800984
No clue, I just wanted to practice a bunch of things
>>
>>38799793
>>38800422
very cute lorias
>>
>>38800964
That is awesome. I love battle-ready Twilight.
>>
>>38799959
Added the mane and un-lined the ear, also added a extra frame at the end to sort of have a 'finishing point' instead of it just immediately looping, also erased a few of the motion line things, since I felt it was a little much. Was fun, certainly could be doing pones with swords more often, really activates my almonds.
>>
>>38800908
oh shit, that's like a whole ass book, from what I've gleaned, it seems like a pretty interesting read, thanks for sharing anon!
>>
>>38800908
oh shit, I've been meaning to find a copy of this for a while.
Thanks! I wasn't the one posting animations, but I'll certainly look through it next time I do!
>>
bump
>>
File: Tank and Pone A1.png (26 KB, 750x750)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
Shitty Tank Bump!
Seriously don't know what I tried doing a tank, don't know the first thing about them, also the shading(lighting?) sucks, wasn't sure how to proceed with it, if I made this bigger i could have have better detail with the ponies, so they wouldn't have been so simple
>>
File: Nightshade 47px high.png (19 KB, 690x690)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
Been trying to constrain my canvas to I use the whole thing instead of having all this dead air that I feel the need to fill up, ended up with a messy haired mare, with a funky horn (still need to work on those horns, so they look more normal, instead of exaggerating it to compensate) Always end up naming these horse even if their just for practice, though I guess it's nice if I like the look of one of them, I can just look back for that specific name so I have a reference, so I guess its not all that bad. This one is around 47 px high, which vs the 64x64 canvas, filled it up decently, but I probably could strive for a more full canvas, so I don't waste room. On another note, been getting easier to make these pixel pones, Less fighting to make them look right. I guess that means I'm getting more used to it I guess.
>>
>>38802449
Nice pone
>>
There are so many great ones I want to reply to that I'm getting overwhelmed by it. NTA who does, that guy has some dedication.
Keep it up guys, if you're reading this, there's a high chance I like your work.
>>
Any anons in the mood for a Jitsi call?
>>
>>38802727
there are a few of us in one right now, actually
https://meet.jit.si/baleshack
>>
ATG Day 4 prompt: Draw a pony discovering something unexpected / Draw a pony hiding something

Latest gallery: https://www.equestriadaily.com/2022/07/newbie-artist-training-grounds-xii-day-4.html
>>
>This was certainly something you didn't expect.
>After being recruited for a job of guarding a caravan of rather jolly unicorns, the last thing you'd expect was the sudden banquet that appeared before you.
>Unicorns certainly have their ways, and they don't mess around with luxury.
>You and Oak have been slicing fruit for their... blunch? lunchfest?
>You didn't really catch what they said through their heavy accents, but Oak says its food, so you're happy about that.
>Apparently your getting paid extra for the additional labor, (Though if anything you're just using this as excuse to practice your swordsmareship) Which is nice.
>The only downside was that if you didn't hit Oak's rather increasingly fast fruit based projectiles, either you or some unfortunate unicorn will end up with a broken nose.
>She said she used to buck haybales before she join her first company, and it shows.
>Apparently she's having fun, since she hasn't said anything for awhile now, only humming some familiar tune.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_tCnxAjEWA
>She's hummed it before, but you never could pin down where you've heard it before.
>Though you guess your having fun as well, as you start to hum along, before you know it, you're chopping fruit like it's going out of style.
>By the time you and Oak finish, the rest of the caravan had set up the rest of their food.
>Though in all honesty, you're not sure if you can stand to be around any sort of fruit for a while, so you simply partake in whatever weird yellow stuff the unicorns offered.
>You have no idea what a 'cheddar' is, but it certainly tastes good.
This was fun to draw, wish i did Eidolon's body though, also it may have been weird, but I've been wanting to shill this song in a post for a while now, actually another song in this album reminds me of Oak a bit, so ill probably do something for that one as well, though this was just sort of a spur of the moment addition, also this is through Eidolon's eyes, thought it would be fun, since she's kind of unaware of a lot of customs from being rather sheltered
>>
File: lyrachomp.png (51 KB, 307x270)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
Hi /bale/, I've gotten in touch with a couple artists and planned out some drawing workshops with them for this week. Maybe this is a lot, but I'll see how people like it and adjust accordingly in the future

Tuesday 8pm EDT: painting, color, and observation skill building with Rhorse
Wednesday 8pm EDT: /bale/ thread #12 review. We go over each picture posted in the thread and talk about them this is what I'm going to try instead of the mass replying; those posts are just getting too long and hard for me to make. I hope I can make up for it with this, I'll post the recording afterward so nobody has to miss their (You)s
Thursday 8pm EDT: beginner steps for drawing pony with LegendOfLink
Sunday 8pm EDT: drawing ponies in shorthand with OJ/ahappypichu

find them at the usual place, https://cytu be/r/BaleShack

>>38802683
I totally agree, I really love all the art that's posted here, and it's fun recognizing artists and regulars and watching them improve so much so quickly join us on Wednesday and hopefully we can give these posts the love that they deserve
>>
>>38803007
I apparently have a quarrel with your/you're since I always end up fucking them up, I really need to check through these more closely before posting, saw a few other errors as well
>>
>>38803020
That will be 02:00 in Europe. Can't make it, sadly.
>>
>>38802842
ot
>>
File: 1630149963768.png (146 KB, 496x520)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
>>38803020
8AM my time. Thats it, i'm moving to the states.Too many times have I been cucked through no fault of the boards own
>>
>>38803020
Can't wait!
>>
>Page 9
Nursing this thread
>>
>>38803125
>>38803137
dang, I'm sorry to hear it. I'll be recording these and uploading them after the fact, so you'll be able to get caught up later if you want to. If you have questions or want the feedback you would have gotten live, post it and mention it here in the thread and I'll make sure the artist sees it
Unfortunately work and >sleep keep me from being able to host at other times, but there are definitely artists in your respective time zones that we could talk into doing these at a time that works better for you, we would just need someone else willing to host, or to make sure the artist is comfortable doing it themselves
>>
File: PinkiePartyTime.jpg (326 KB, 1280x1080)
326 KB
326 KB JPG
>>38799296
Didn't have time to finish it yesterday. So finished it today.
>>
She walks! Wish I made the hair move as well, but I was dumb and didn't stick it on another layer. Turned out better than expected, still need to make the head move along with it as well, overall walking attempt 1 was a success! This is only 6 frames, not sure if you can make a smooth walk cycle with less, most of the references I saw had six minimum, so I guess that's kind of the baseline.
>>
>>38804665
I think ill end up having to exaggerate the movements next time, seems a bit stiff, at least in the hindleg department, the head and neck area will have to move along as well, from what I've seen it seems to be a sort of bobbing? I want to say its a sort of circular motion, but I'm not entirely sure, also I should make the back bit by the head move a little as well, most likely along with the head.
>>
File: Worm.jpg (527 KB, 1280x1060)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
>>38802842
Do you see the perpetrator? Yeah he's right here. Gonna be honest I traced the gnome.
>>
File: 1643553254758.png (632 KB, 1866x1200)
632 KB
632 KB PNG
>>38802842
FUCK shading
No I'm not going to finish the background, it's 4AM, and this took me 4 hours. Considering, that I've never used a brush before this, For the first time in months I'm actually happy about my art came out.
>>
>>38804864
Kek
Lovely!
Good job anon!
>>
>>38804332
I love the dynamic pose. In case you're submitting to eqd, there are makeup days for late submissions after days 10, 20, 30.

>>38804750
Adorable. It just feels like the filly is missing a tail.

>>38804864
It doesn't look too bad, but what were you planning to fill that background with originally?
>>
>>38804679
body moves up and down on leg walk cycle, if you look at the refference, you will notice in the passing positions and extremes

also, regarding the presented frames they do not reflect the main keyframes of a walk cycle
>>
File: beg98.png (587 KB, 1866x1200)
587 KB
587 KB PNG
>>38804864
>>
>>38803020
first workshop starts in 30 minutes!
be there and paint mare!
>>
File: AS.png (1.37 MB, 1037x1689)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
>>38802842
I fuck up the anatomy
>>
Wanted to attempt some hair movement, She is supposed to be sitting on top of a flashing sign of some sort, was going to have her hooves sort of stick out a bit but I didn't really know if I should have or not. The star thing has a purpose, but I'm honestly not sure what I was going for now, I probably should have made it smaller so it felt more in the background. Also the sword/cleaver didn't really need to flash as well, but I guess I felt it sort of made sense in the moment. Probably should have added a silver line in her tail as well. Was overall going for a sort of vague neon aesthetic, though i may have overdid it (Or maybe didn't lean into more) I also could have made her ears move, didn't think about that until now.
>>
File: ColorPalet.png (285 KB, 397x274)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
What pixel art can I make with these blocks?
>>
Am I an artist now?
>>
File: 235235.png (750 KB, 1866x1200)
750 KB
750 KB PNG
>>38804864
Here's my go at it. You're on the right track, anon. Just need to work on her a little more Maybe it'd be easier to define the shapes with a plain hard round brush before worrying about textured brushes.
>>
File: 1643259750804.png (383 KB, 1787x608)
383 KB
383 KB PNG
>>38806391
>implying i didnt
lmao, Thanks for the drawing though.
>>
ATG Day 5 prompt: Draw a pony meeting a long-lost friend / Draw ponies who are inseparable from each other

Yesterday's gallery: https://www.equestriadaily.com/2022/07/newbie-artist-training-grounds-xii-day-5.html

Here is a very cute Rainbow Dash with a rainbow flower.
>>
>>38806493
>>
File: rhorse_workshop.png (1.56 MB, 2890x3676)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
the first attempt at a drawing workshop worked out pretty well! sorry for all the audio issues, I didn't realize how bad it was until I was looking at the recording. I'll make sure everything is tested and squared away for next time
here's the recording for anyone that wants to check it out https://www.pon3.stream/play/68
next stream is tomorrow (well, today I guess) at 8pm EDT, /bale/ thread #12 review! Come to give and get some (You)s for all the great stuff that's been posted this thread

also
>>38754924
>>38760361
which of these should be the next OP pic? I'm leaning toward >>38760361 since the other anon has one of his drawings as the current OP pic
I'm not missing anyone else, am I?
>>
File: 3415125125.png (2.96 MB, 2564x1470)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB PNG
>>38806529
Rip, I wonder if it's an issue with the noise gate plug-in I have for OBS.

Here's the books recommended in the workshop.
https://u.smutty.horse/mianoloaeid.pdf
https://u.smutty.horse/lymgogrbbtu.pdf
And here's some more exercises you can do if you want to keep up with Bargue studies.
https://u.smutty.horse/miarticaqzo.png
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/chinese-terracotta-warrior-horse-dbe606b434284164a843f4e2b75b1035
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/edinburgh-castle-horse-statue-b8db3f86c72d4b069b7115a77c41973f
And any still life is good study material too.
https://u.smutty.horse/miaqnkuelpw.pdf This one is a good exercise that I'll cover more about next time.
>>
>>38806493
inseparable poners
>>
File: Nurse_Scrunch.png (57 KB, 600x380)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
Redheart isn't fully dressed without her nurse's cap!
>>
>>38803844
>>
File: beg99.png (738 KB, 3500x3500)
738 KB
738 KB PNG
>>38799793
>>
I don’t know where else to post this. I need pictures of ponies sitting. I need to study more on how their legs work in those circumstances.
>>
>>38807903
>>
>>38807903
Real ponies don’t sit like how they do in the show. There are a few images in the Imgur that show how to do sitting ponies, but if you want more I suggest you look at images of cats.
>>
File: 1644952563229.png (118 KB, 529x329)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
nurse bump
>>
>>38806529
>>38806591
the stream was very useful finally convinced me to work with still life's. sadly missed a lot of it.
>>
File: sadfilly.png (257 KB, 1620x1420)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>no mcnuggets
>>
File: unknown (7).png (1.08 MB, 680x633)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>38807903
>>
File: beg100.png (749 KB, 725x1182)
749 KB
749 KB PNG
>>38805554
>>
>>38807903
I find that just going to a booru and searching for related tags is a fine way to find references
"sitting AND pony," for example
reference, try to redraw a character in that pose, etc.
>>
File: how did i get here?.png (299 KB, 587x700)
299 KB
299 KB PNG
>>38809055
Problem with copying other artists is you can get a telephone-game effect, where weird stuff like butt-hooves, for example, becomes a self-sustaining thing due to artists just copying what other artists do.
>>
livestreaming some mass replying
come get your (You)s

>>
>>38753802
drawing with a mouse is hard, she looks kinda weird to me
>>
>>38809010
porque, por que, por quê, porquê
>>
File: Waifu_Folder_2.png (994 KB, 1280x720)
994 KB
994 KB PNG
>>38808476
Based! Based! Based!
>>
File: context.png (139 KB, 1366x724)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
How do I get used to the fact that, no matter how much time I put in a drawing, that it can still not work out? I just spent a few hours on a drawing I know I'm going to have to re-do— and realizing this has made me frustrated.
Pic-related is what I've been working on.
>>
File: 1656324593450.png (144 KB, 712x564)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
>>
File: 1657158098789.png (229 KB, 479x802)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
Took a minute or two. I didn't mean her to be any particular mare, but I've been watching PMVs, and many of the best PMVs I found were centered on Pinkie.
>>
File: ab.png (259 KB, 2565x1585)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
>>38806493
I wanted to do some hard shading after watching the bale stream

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.