[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
Flag
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 51 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1633930371242.png (1.06 MB, 5792x3310)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
Snek.
>>
>>38069232
Noodlepones are cute, lot's of surface area to maximize cuddles. But there threads are always a magnet for vore and hypno fetishniggers.
>>
>>38069232
I want to coodle with the noodle pone
>>
>>38069408
Didn't the last one a few days ago have close to zero of both tho. And that one lasted a really long time too

Anyway if Lamia would have any magical powers at all, hypno does immediately spring to mind and makes the easiest sense for them. I don't like how fetishy it is tho and I also dislike how easy it is that they can just do it by looking in your eyes. It shouldn't work like that, it shouldn't be easy. Lamia hypnosis should be them moving their bodies in a subtle dancelike way and THAT hypnotises only if they can pull off the motions. You ever stare at water rippling in a river, or watch a lava lamp slowly change, and kinda space out? It's like that sorta but magic-induced. Moreso magical captivation of your attention, not actual hypnosis. That ability makes sense for a snake especially a Lamia
>>
>>38069408
Fuck you, hypno is great. Though like >>38069491 says, as long as it's not the super lazy shit. But still actual hypno.
>>
>>38069491
The "snakes can hypnotize" came from constriction pose snakes do.
They also do waiting for their venom to take effect sometimes.
To someone has no idea what's going on it looks like they are making them go still by staring into their eyes.
>>
>>38069507
Oh I always thought it came from snake charmers, y'know as a sort of role reversal before becoming a snake-associated power. That plus snakes are supposed to be "tempting" cuz muh Bible

That's the other thing I forgot about btw. If Lamia had any OTHER magic I think magic venom would be great. It wouldn't kill the target, Lamia venom would induce some sort of magical effect. But idk what
>>
>>38069232
Oh neat let's see how this'll predictably go
>snek coily coily hug lool its k uh oh cant breev
>hypno shit
>wuh oh snek eat me oh noo
>>
Do you guys think it's possible for me to order a life sized kalianne plushies/full body pillow that will wrap around me completely?
>>
>>38069536
We need Snowpony-tier lore autists to join our rank.
>>
>>38069529
What I am referring to inspired the mythologies.
The Bibble included.

Naturally alchemical venom is fun and you can be very creative with it.
I've suggested a sedative venom and a painkiller type before.

>>38069561
I have a plush that big. It's a serpent dragon.
It'll be a bit expensive, but yeah probably.
>>
>>38069575
>I have a plush that big.
Show me?
>>
>>38069561
If Miia can get one, then why not Kalianne?
>>
>>38069575
Considering snakes are associated with healing and medicine, I like both those ideas. Both those effects can very obviously be used for malicious ends but at the same time those things are downright invaluable medicinally.

Seeks are neither innately good nor evil. Merely noodles.
>>
File: seaserpent2.jpg (77 KB, 600x449)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>38069581
It's not a custom. You were probably expecting something bigger. I can make one the size of the Miia body pillow, theoretically. It'd be about $600 or so in materials.
It can wrap around me only about two times now, it's only 5 feet long.
I used to sleep with it all the time, got it when I was 4. They were apparently $70.

I looked quickly and found a picture of it.
Remember sitting with it wrapped around me. It could do about half of >>38069590 at the time.
>>
>>38069232
I thought we were waiting a month before 21?

Oh well. Snej now

>>38069408
>>38069529
Hypnosis and how it works is always one that has a lot of answers depending on if you’re into it or not. I see the issue with how easy “look into my eyes” is but it’s probably a lot harder than it sounds. It’s a battle of wills and isn’t necessarily quick. The vague subtle way isn’t very clear and it also can’t be forced on anybody which is part of what makes it scary.

I try to keep the fetish out of it but not by rejecting it outright, they’re here because it’s present innately. It’s possible to have your mindless hypnosis cuddles with your snake friend, but it’s also that a lamia could basically mindrape you and strip your free will and it’s a horrible experience. The same applies to them being able to eat people. Nothing is stopping some consenting individuals from enjoying a weird thing (or at least trying, it’s likely still pretty gross in practice) but being attacked and stuffed into anything’s mouth is supposed to be an awful experience and should be.

Venom effects are fun, my trouble was always on if it should be magical effects of normal ones?

Numbing, Paralysis, hallucination inducing, calming sedative, some might sting painfully, some might just be deadly in the various ways that it usually is. I can’t really think of any magical effects that would make sense. I’m generally bad at using magic in stories because it’s not intuitive as a solution when I’m thinking about it.

>>38069601
Correct and agree.

>>38069574
I’m that but I’m just a single me so I’m slow. Not everybody agrees here though which is why this thread is my favorite. Moths, bats, snowpones, all have a big single set up where everybody helps make stuff, here all the creators share their individual ideas for their own worlds and characters. It comes with downsides in content flow and consistency but everybody gets to have what they want. My stuff takes place in a deserty area but somebody else has a different thing with them all in a jungle. Although in conversations like this we obviously try to make some kind of unity in their abilities and biology and things like that.

Snowpones took all the lore builders. They did a good job but yeah I wish we had that in other threads.
>>
File: 1072436.png (195 KB, 1344x1696)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
>>38069232
Yes, snek.
>>
>>38069795
Coordinating such things fails 80% of the time
>>
>>38069574
Snake pones are way too stupid and outlandish to get serious worldbuilding.
>>
>>38070248
Literally HOW are they even slightly different from a bat pony or whatever the fuck. MLP had a lot of creatures that are supposed to be half-human but have the human part replaced by a pony part, Lamia are exactly that
>>
>>38070311
Batponies are easy because they're just ponies with some bat characteristics. Snake ponies are far more snake than they are pony.
>>
>>38070353
Batponies are a type of pony, Lamias, at least in my view, are not a type of pony.

They’re another creature, like any of the non pony creatures that already exist.
>>
>>38069561
Sounds expensive, but it's probably possible.
>>
File: 1835905.png (8 KB, 507x759)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>38070852
Certainly possible.
>>
File: 1689492.png (283 KB, 1007x1404)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
Egg
>>
>>38072022
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ODfCVxVLqiE
>>
>>38072041
>mobilefag
>family guy
you're not much better.
>>
>>38072047
>he actually believes what he just said
>>
>>38071555
That’s a big egg. What’s it from?

>>38072047
This thread is kept alive by mobilefags sir

I never understood the idea that it’s better on a computer. I have to check the page number and save it if nobody else is. And beyond that I just have to keep coming back to it in general. Do you expect me to turn on my laptop for a few minutes to pop in every hour or two? I’m not on the computer constantly. What situation are you in where you are?

>>38072022
That anon looks pretty uncomfortable and unhappy about it. Doesn’t look very pleasant
>>
>>38072176
>I’m not on the computer constantly
Sounds like normalfag talk to me. Besides, don't you still have to check the page number on mobile?
Though, now that you mention it, I should take a crack at 4chan-X's code again, see if maybe I can change the page icon when that thread hits page 10. The thread watcher already reacts when a watched thread does so, so the functionality is clearly there.
>>
>>38072181
I do have to check the number but hitting two to three buttons to do so is very easy and setting my computer up and waiting for it to turn on and getting to the thread is not quick and easy in the same way. I’m not a normalfag I’m a non computerfag. 99% of what I do online I can do with the computer that my phone is. There’s only a small few things I need a pc for that won’t work without it. I feel like 4chan people are usually stereotyped as being good with computers, using nonstandard sites and browsers and programs to get things more custom and free and having a generally above average understanding of their way around things but I barely do anything at all with it and I’ll get lost trying to do anything. Feels kinda stupid but that’s where I’m at. I just don’t do anything that requires more. I have like 4 websites I look at.
>>
>>38071317
She’s very proud, but every lamia can do that.
>>
>>38072176
Depends on the size of that snek.
May be a Roc's.
>>
Y'all are convincing me to draw more of my snek OC Tesla Coil.
>>
>>38073915
Haven’t seen her since thread 4 or so
>>
>>38072022
I don't like her lamia butt.
>>
>>38073970
Yeah. I'm not a very productive artist, so seeing the flood of others' sneks kinda demotivated me. Plus, y'know, life stuff.
>>
>>38074709
I’m not that productive either, my big cast of snakes was mostly already drawn and I’m nearly out of backlog. I haven’t drawn in like two weeks because I’m just not feeling it, I said I would make cute filies
>>
File: large.png (1023 KB, 805x1024)
1023 KB
1023 KB PNG
>>
>>38076209
that's a big hotdog
>>
>>38076387
He is.
>>
>>
>>38076486
Fuck her right in the cloaca.
>>
>>38076209
I like that you can feel the weight. I need to get better at that but I’m not sure exactly what carries it
>>
>>38076725
It's the slight deformations to match the surroundings he's resting on and the shading combined together.
>>
File: 2496246.png (381 KB, 1137x1468)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
Thinking about thos cakes
>>
>>38076820
Interaction with scenery and shading, the things I don’t do, ah yes. Than explains it
>>
>>38077584
It's harder than it seems, but yeah that's it.
Interactions with one's self would also be included.
For example when a snek is coiled the loops of body on the bottom should be a little flatter and wider from the weight of their body stacked upon it.
>>
>>38077409
The pose? Layer cake snake

I have this but it’s an old one. I didn’t detail the belly scales like I do now, it was experimental doodle.
>>
File: 1634513263931.png (529 KB, 3362x2157)
529 KB
529 KB PNG
So that's how her stripes end behind her
>>
File: 1752185.png (769 KB, 2588x2400)
769 KB
769 KB PNG
>>38078724
There's a few pictures that show her full patterning
>>
File: 2687647.png (3.45 MB, 2430x3240)
3.45 MB
3.45 MB PNG
The batsnek gives very aggressive hugs.
They probably enjoy feeling the heartbeat with as much of their body as possible.
>>
>>38079296
What the fuck is up with her eyes?
>>
File: 2683991.png (1.04 MB, 2200x1892)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>38079806
No clue, it's unique to that image of them.
>>
>>38078724
I based mine off his but at the time there weren’t nearly so many pictures and he does a good job of not showing the area where it transitions from snake to pony, it’s either hidden or one of two different looks from what I can tell and his don’t all end their belly scales in the same place. He’s since made it clear that he doesn’t have the scales transition to fur at all and the scales just become almost like hair.

Mine actually have hair and there’s a consistent split where the scales stop, but I have no solution to how to end the scale pattern besides to cut it off at that point. It looks weird sometimes depending on the type of pattern, namely any sort of line.

Extra scales above the split to blend are a thing I do sometimes but it still a bit weird and I do kinda prefer them being solid at possible. Some have different fur color to base scale color and they feel much more like a chimera that way.
>>
Have a bashful pillow snek.

I didn’t really expect to do anything at all but I did and it isn’t too bad I’d say I really like her mane.

Totally new which I need to stop doing but I can’t. Her pattern isn’t decided and her colors aren’t either. I don’t usually share something so early in development because I like finished products but whatever right?
>>
>>38081453
Cute and huggable.
Is that supposed to be a blush?
It kind of looks like a scar or patterning, it's a bit too solid.
>>
>>38081472
It’s outlined lightly because it’s hard to make show up in a way that will work when I color it. I can try to tweak it a bit.

I guess I can also take suggestions for her missing details? I’ll probably do my own thing but maybe somebody will have a good idea and leave a mark on this snek
>>
Close call bottom of the catalog bump.

The average lamia weighs how much?
>>
>>38082461
Reticulated pythons have been measured at around 21 ft and 170 lbs, so I figure lamias would be a bit thicker and longer - maybe up to 30 ft and 400 lbs.
>>
>>38082671
Well how heavy is a pony? I imagine they’re probably around 110-140? If not below that? They’re smaller than humans but a bit thicker all around. A lamia is usually about 5-6 ponies at least, but they have much denser muscle too.
>>
>>38083157
It depends on how tall ponies are. The smallest horse breed in the world only weighs 70 pounds.
>>
>>38084424
If I remember that one's like 2 feet tall or something?
Keep in mind weight scales with volume.
>>
I sure hope nothing bad happens to this snek
>>
>>38085692
Has anything good ever happened to her, honestly?
>>
>>38085916
Yes.
By my count it has happened 5 times.
>>
File: 6345610.png (539 KB, 1550x1369)
539 KB
539 KB PNG
>>
File: full.png (361 KB, 1024x780)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
haha
>>
>>38087132
I feel bad for the camera mare, she didn’t do nuthin.

The way lamias can be so normal and civilized and then also scary nature documentary style monster creatures on the level with elusive river monsters or sharks is really neat to me. They almost have a similar vibe to changelings pre reform.

like sure, griffons and even more so dragons are big and a bit scary but mostly they’re seen as jerks, changelings we’re an intelligent species seen as outright monsters, and they basically are, they’d attack on sight if you wonder into their territory and leech off you, do we really have any idea on what they would do with you after that? Probably not anything good.

I don’t see lamias as nearly that outright hostile, they have a much more chill society and don’t act together like the changelings do. It’s a mix of nice on principle to no empathy towards any other creature.
>>
>>38086309
Heartbreaking
>>
Snake homosexuality
>>
>>38085925
How sucky must you be to wind up prey as a lamia. There’s only supposed to be a few things to worry about.

>>38086309
Stem has come back from brumation!
>>
>>38088258
She has a horn too.
>>
>>38088258
Most of the time it's another snek that gets her. This one >>38076209 has gotten her multiple times.
>>
File: MuyalGaela.png (1.25 MB, 1920x1080)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
loooooooooong snekpones
>>
>>38088605
Imagine petting all of them in one go, from the tip of their snoot to to the end of their tail.
>>
File: rVrtONuKd2M.jpg (482 KB, 1000x2000)
482 KB
482 KB JPG
More sneks?
>>
File: flutterplush.jpg (694 KB, 2048x1536)
694 KB
694 KB JPG
>tfw never ever
>>
>>38088300
Ah yes, the most sinister and disturbing of all the predators of the lamia, themselves.
A frightening and disconcerting fact they are sometimes made far too keenly aware of, intensely troubling even to other creatures upon learning it. It’s twin fact is similarly unsettling, a lamia is the largest possible meal a lamia can eat. Creatures of similar mass are too wide to swallow, and many creatures have horns and claws that are unsafe to consume.

It’s a very disturbing sight, for most it’s only possible with tight S-bends to crush them in, leading to a huge, uneven, lumpy bulge that takes up most of their body, they can barely move afterwards for days. It takes a long time to digest your own body weight after all, it’s tough on the system.
>>
File: 1316063.png (291 KB, 1850x1989)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>
>>38089933
He's also absurdly large for a snek so he would need to eat a lot compared to a normal snek.
I think it's cause he's part kirin and the dragon heritage made him huge.
>>
File: snakeee.jpg (74 KB, 700x700)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
hypothetically, what kind of snake would you want to see ponified?
>>
>>38090162
A threadsnake.
>>
>>38090162
King cobra. I want to see a majestic prince lamia.
>>
File: angry shovel worm.webm (2.87 MB, 800x450)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
>>38090162
Hognose
They're so incredibly dorky
>>
>>38090367
>>
>>38088605
CAN
>>
>>38090403
Can?
>>
>>38090115
Not really talking for anybody else there to be honest, some people make enormous lamias and strange hybrids like him. As far as my conceptualization goes what I said carries through, but I would assume it’s general enough to work in at least most other cases too. My snakes all tend to grow to a similar size with usually only a couple feet of difference, a much smaller number can grow to be larger than that, It’s a trait that can be exaggerated by selection and size is given an amount of respect, so the royal family and other nobles are huge compared to normal, it’s just their size and nothing else physiological changes so it makes them need food a lot more than normal, it probably comes with other medical complications honestly, it’s basically like gigantism.

I’m not suggesting that cannibalism happens frequently either, it’s likely pretty damn rare and appalling, even in cases of murder it’s not a realistic method, if anything it’s probably a way to dispose of a body, likely in bits, not a way to kill. They’re usually still repulsed by the idea but it’s apparent that some maintain some level of animalistic instinct.

That said, I’ve got a certain sociopath who has done it, one of the princesses, she has no respect for other people and she’s gotten murderous on occasion, not always succeeding. But when she has, well has I said, she’s always ravenously hungry and people are disposable to her. She gets found out though and how exactly she’s punished is still under construction. I’m not completely sure where the story is aimed.

>>38089933
I suppose one last thing to add to the terrible facts is that, lamias themselves obviously don’t have anything very dangerous on them, and I’ve thought about a lot of the other things I’ve mentioned are on their possible menu, from an amoral perspective.. if there’s a sub-list of things that could technically be eaten alive, they technically qualify for that too, although I’m sure that’s not an easy thing to accomplish.

Nice and extra disturbing.
>>
>>38090758
I have a few sneks, you've seen a few of them. Only one of them is uncivilized enough to not question eating something that hasn't been prepared. He'd also freak out your sneks quite badly as he both smells and moves wrong for a snek. The reason why he's the way he is not worth explaining fully but he's partially a slime. I've actually drawn him a couple times but they didn't turn out well enough to share.
I just like to theorize about things relating to biology and genetics when summed up to the most basic explanation.
>>
I don't trust those snakes.
>>
File: 2184807.png (361 KB, 2360x2104)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
>>38090803
Some of them you are justified with.
This one is trustworthy however.
>>
>>38090814
Just because you said so, doesn't make her trustworthy enough.
She is still a snake, and that means she has her snake needs.
>>
File: 1714725.png (388 KB, 2984x2062)
388 KB
388 KB PNG
>>38090823
Snake needs?
>>
>>38090870
What even are the biggest snake needs

>tasty food and lots of it
>lewdness
>cuddles/physical contact
>lounging by any source of heat

???? What else do they do with their lives, what career goals do they even have. What do they even WANT
>>
File: 918435.png (1.78 MB, 3656x8268)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB PNG
>>38090922
She wants to befriend ponies and meet an alicorn.
She didn't even know exactly what an alicorn was until Twilight bragged that she was one.
Most of them want a family.
>>
>>38090802
For mine I think the best explanation is that it’s largely a class thing. It’s obviously going to vary based on their normal temperament but the ones who grow up in the richer parts are used to the civilized life and things being pleasant and food being prepared and cooked, not fighting anybody, and so even if they started out with the more rough behaviors they would mostly have lost that as they grew up, and the poorer ones are used to the rougher life and getting into squabbles in markets and having to eat whole unprepared foods, if not killing the animals themselves. So while some are more passive they tend to harden up instead.

The idea that they have these instincts just feels right as a way to blend the two most common ideas of them together in a fairly smooth way.

Another thing I’ve considered is that they have a pretty strong mothering instinct but I guess that’s rather unremarkable since plenty of things do

One thing that I just thought of, what kinds of things would such generally powerful creatures be afraid of? What kinds of monsters or legends would they have?
>>
>>38091038
I have the beginnings of stories for my sneks, they can't really interact with each other. One's just a mom with too many children, haven't thought too much on where she gets her food from but the only food I knows she's eaten is chicken soup and bread. I don't even have a name for her, but I was thinking something related to peaches. Another decided to join a traveling theater troupe after meeting one of the ponies that does makeup for them and finding out he has the same name as him, his presence significantly increased their profits because a snek is very exotic and he's a pretty decent actor, his sister is somewhere around, haven't decided on what she's doing. They buy him food and a griffin taught him how to prepare it properly. And finally the last one is just hanging out in a forest and terrorizing ponies that get too close, he talks like a toddler because he kind of is despite looking like an adult. He's the weird one I was talking about.

Mothering instinct depends on how many children they have, but it'll always be stronger than an actual snakes and at least almost as strong as a pony's. It comes with sapience.

Rocs are worth a mention, since the whole hawk/snake dynamic and they are confirmed to exist. Sphinx as well are worth considering.
They might have urban legends of a giant mongoose type monster of some sort. The story of a snek having their eyes gouged out is probably a fairly common horror story among them, for mythological reasons. Maraith might've even heard it before it happened to her.
>>
File: 2377199.png (40 KB, 2140x2016)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
Thinking about snakepones.
>>
>>38091099
I’ve thought of both the roc and the sphinx, both definitely could be trouble, I have no idea how they would even handle either if they showed up, but sphinx as far as I’ve toyed with so far just live in and around the bone dry desert and the jungle perhaps. I’ve considered a second group either to the east or west but I haven’t touched it yet. My lamias are to the east. And I don’t know if they’d attack lamias as food, I doubt it though, lamias and sphinx both have a history of devouring other creatures but the reasons behind why and how they justify it to themselves is different. I’m sad the sphinx thread died :(

If a roc found a town and wanted to attack it it would probably just keep showing up and they would need to find some way to take it out, I don’t know how you stop such a huge flying thing, maybe harpoons like we’ve seen on airships.

Mongoose monster is an idea, a little bit cheeky but a serious threat if it did exist

What kinds of mythological reasons? There’s the decapitation thing with Medusa, but I don’t know anything about eyes, I think you’re supposed to blind a basilisk but that’s different and as far as I know Harry Potter specific. There’s not too many depictions I can think of outside that. I used that one as a design reference, I actually drew one in what I attempted to make an mlp style, I can definitely do better I think in simplifying the shapes. It’s technically a legless lizard, not a snake. I don’t know if it’s got any eye magics but it might be one of the few magical things that’s actually a myth, that might be boring though.

Having it be some kind of nasty fairytale come true would make it worse for her I guess yeah, gives it an ironic sting.

Have you posted your sneks? Are you the anon with the really cute style?
>>
>the snek's natural predator is the adventurer
>>
>>38090814
Kalianne is scared of thunder.

>Be you, relaxing at home.
>Maybe reading a book, trying to catch up on some of the fine points of life in Equestria.
>Skies are darkening.
>Hmm, looks like it may rain.
>Lightning. Close by.
>Oh shit!
>Drop your book, jump up, and start running to close the doors.
>KA-BOOM! goes the thunder!
>Keep moving, hopefully there's time!
>Reach the last door.
>Collide with a stripey blue noodle who tightly wraps herself around you, eyes wide, quaking with fear.
>You are effectively immobilized as her muscular coils grip your entire frame, not painfully, bet definitely too tight for you to get out of easily.
>"Eeek! They're BACK!" she screams in your ear.
>Yeah.
>This is Kalianne.
>Your neighbor.
>Who is deathly afraid of thunder.
>Welp, this is your life until the storm passes, now.
>>
File: large.png (61 KB, 1280x905)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
tactical snek pone to deal with mice
>>
>>38091714
There's a few stories about the mythological Lamia, one is that she had her eyes gouged out by Hera in the god's anger at her. Another is that she can transform into other creatures by removing her eyes.

I'm the one with the shrug-worthy style. That is to say I don't have one. And most of the time it's just a sketch.
>>
File: 1244792.png (694 KB, 3000x3557)
694 KB
694 KB PNG
Taunting fat snek on diet
>>
File: 1404051.png (301 KB, 3300x2550)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
Evil slime snek violates posted rules.
>>
>>38081453
I have colors but I did them digitally because I’m not completely sold. They can probably be tweaked slightly to look better. I feel like the actual picture didn’t come out very clean somehow.

>>38093146
I totally a forgot about that, lamia herself. The way I heard it was she couldn’t close her eyes as part of her punishment and could remove them for rest, and something maybe about being haunted by visions of her dead children when she has them.

I don’t know if any of this makes sense to translate into the universe though. It might make more sense if it’s a thing for the very reasons it happened. It’s a way to stop them from using hypnosis. Maybe its been done in the past, maybe it was even a punishment for using it criminally. It might no be any more but I’m not sure how it would be replaced either.
>>
File: Bellyrubtime.png (815 KB, 1094x7070)
815 KB
815 KB PNG
>>
>>38094008
She couldn't sleep.
The ability remove her own eyes was actually a backhanded gift to offer a form of reprieve from the visions. The transformation effects were unintended.

I was meaning it in a less specific way by it being a story about a snek being punished by having their eyes gouged, considering your Snek's increased sense of motherhood it was probably because they did something like the Pied Piper did.
>>
File: sleeping snony.png (27 KB, 697x847)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
i was inspired to draw a snek
>>
>>38094548
Is that even comfortable?
>>
>>38094553
she is in a deep sleep, completely relaxed... no bones. shes fine.
>>
>>38094548
I wish more Lamia OCs have fun exotic patterns like this
>>
>>38095090
Weird to say since she’s mostly unpatterned. Natural inconsistent patterns are hard to draw more than once consistently but they can be pretty. Most lamias will just have regular and symmetrical shapes to make it easier to reproduce them. Patterns like this snek can feel too artificial, although there’s also scale polish which fun and a good pun

>>38094548
She’s extra snakey huh. No eyelids might be a bit tricky for emoting though. She’s stuck with a goofy one braincell expression.
>>
>>38095241
She's still a cute that needs a nicer place to sleep, preferable one that's shaded.
>>
>>38092898
But it feels terrible when the mice are also ponies

>>38092500
Who the fuck does she think is back??
>>
>>38095772
Big booms
>>
>>38095851
No.. not THEM!!
>>
>>38096093
https://youtu.be/WH8IugtnCck?t=5
>>
>>38096093
Something to keep in mind: snakes are very sensitive to low pitched noises and they 'hear' with their entire bodies, sneks might've inherited that sensitivity.

On an instinctual level they might feel a rumble with their entire body and go "There is a huge predator nearby, I am in danger." Their intelligent part would know they aren't in danger but instinctually they may seek companionship during it. Most probably wouldn't be as spooked as Kali there but would still want to be near somebody.
>>
>>38096237
The way snakes hear is very weird and I believe it especially involves their jaws? Lamias probably don’t work this way, they have ears after all. They could be able to feel vibration but only big big ones I’d assume.
>>
>>38096764
snakes still have an inner ear. they hear like we do when we use a transducer coupled to our skull. also why your voice sounds weird or different in a recording vs what you hear yourself. the mic isnt picking up the vibrations in your body but your inner ear is. everyone hears you like you sound in a recording unless they have a ear on your chest or something. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
>>
>>38094040
He forgot to use the lighter color for her belly scales
>>
>>38096764
They use their body's sensitivity to determine the source of things like footsteps. As >>38096834 they do have ears, but they can't tell where any noise is coming from in particular, they have no directional hearing.
>>
Someone inquired last thread about what kind of full-body clothing a Lamia could wear that wouldn't impede movement, nor get all tattered super fast, and I've thought about it and I still have no idea. It might not actually be possible. I'm not even certain a Lamia in full-body clothing can even slither at all to begin with. How does that work mechanically?

Someone said you could have a rubbery texture on the bottom, so the whole underbelly is like one giant shoe, or attachable pads like many small shoes. I feel that might be too much friction. Friction is beneficial for movement but not if it becomes so high that it requires more energy to move than the animal realistically has available.
>>
>>38095772
She thinks that thunder is caused by giant giraffes playing mini golf.
Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
>>
>>38097763
Forgot to mention also that since snakes' belly scales are already quite good at what they do, Lamia COULD take their own shed akin and use that as the underside for their clothing. It will get tattered soon enough but possibly they would have already shed again in that time
>>
>>38097763
It needs to have pleating similar to their belly scales and be highly resistant to scrapes.
They'd probably just use metal and leather on the bottom.
Or maybe it's just a cape that's big enough that they can coil their body under it when they stop moving.
>>
>>38097811
>metal

Hadn't considered that....people often suggest chainmail for Lamia in fiction and it SEEMS perfect, but I really have to disagree. Humans don't have to worry about chainmail getting caught on itself. But if a snake wore it the chainmail would get caught on itself before very long, I don't think there's a way around that

Tungsten is one of the most scratch-resistant materials we know of but is also heavy....idk
>>
>>38097864
I was think more light plate mail.
>>
>>38097811
>>38097864
>>38097763
Ah alright, I just learned something highly enlightening.

Petting a snake's belly from head to tail feels smooth, because the scales have minimal friction in order to decrease friction so it can slide itself forward. If there was friction in the forward direction, this would work against movement as it tries to slide forward across the ground. But in the OTHER direction, a snake's belly scales point outward and dig themselves down into the dirt for maximum friction, so it can push itself forward.

If the friction in the forward and backwards directions are the same, the animal can make the slithering motions but it CANNOT MOVE. It will just wriggle and writhe in place. Lamia then, cannot wear regular clothing material or else they won't be able to go anywhere. (Well they could use concertina locomotion instead of serpentine, but this is impractical) If they require clothing for some reason, it must be specially designed in such a way as to allow friction backward, but not forward. Having something that essentially amounts to a rolled-out car tire underneath their belly is not going to cut it.

>>38097939
So yeah plates are a great idea (i mean those are essentially what scales are to begin with). This would allow the Lamia to slide and push forward as well. What material then, is the question. Rubber can still work but it would need to be built like roof shingles underneath.
>>
>>38098051
In case you are wondering what that looks like https://youtu.be/sO2d90YedN0
They could do sidewinder technique to get out of it, but actual snakes are kind of dumb.

If they are more advanced they could do a lighter material and coat it with a harder more resilient metal.
>>
>>38098051
Check out some videos of sidewinders. Apparently it's really tough to slither on a loose surface like sand, so they came up with an adaptation.

https://youtu.be/B3NbPUTD5qA
>>
>>38069232
>Be Princess Twilight.
>The Republic of Badumsquishia is doing very poorly when it comes to crime and so many creatures are trying to leave for Equestria.
>However, some of such creatures include a half-snake, half-pony who could eat you, a pony made entirely of goo, and a pony with an extremely long tongue who hangs out in bathrooms, both gents’ and mares’.
Wat do?
>>
File: boop.png (2.56 MB, 933x864)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB PNG
>>38098504
Boop the snootles.
Boop ALL the snootles.
>>
>>38097763
>>38097864
>>38098051

Metal would scrape up the floors in structures, I imagine they have a lot of incredibly sexy ornate tile floors when they aren’t using patterned rugs

The only clothing I’ve designed is armor for the guards, the belly currently is unprotected and it’s held on with just leather straps every few feet. The back and sides of them are covered with plates that are similar to some millipedes, with soft padding on the bottoms to make it comfortable and small spikes or fins on the backs and sides so they can’t be coiled and crushed without also hurting the attacker. The segments are modular so they can be added or subtracted to fit the length of the lamia.

I feel like a unidirectional pad on the belly would be a problem in most situations but something with small backward facing hooks or notches would work pretty well I think, mine live in a deserty area and are pretty well used to getting around on the sand, but perhaps those kinds of hooks could be used like cleats on washy surfaces like that.

I have no idea how they would wear this and it’s completely impractical but some kind of swing scooter/rollerblade design would probably work with their side to side movements. It’s just kinda ridiculous
>>
>>38098504
The pony made out of goo could be more dangerous. Especially if they become more feral as they get smaller.
>>
>>38094548
I love her.
>>
Searched Lamia on youtube in the hopes of learning something about them mythologically and.......why are there SO MANY ASMRs?? It makes me a little uncomfortable
>>
>>38099770
Because hypno and asmr are siblings
>>
>>38099772
no, hypno is a pokemon.
>>
>>38094008
Uhuhuh

Blue is good but I feel it’s slightly familiar to something. It could be reused if I chose an orange one. The top left slightly reminds me of scootaloo’s mom. Maybe somewhere in between the two bottom ones. Her flower doesn’t pop in the orange well but it looks nice on the cream
>>
>>38100507
And Asmr is the upcoming new Hisuan evo for Drowzee
>>
A thing I haven’t really seen or thought much about is the way their jaws can flex, what keeps them held together as one most of the time? There’s probably something kind of stretchy tendon or something I expect, is there some kind of asymmetry in the end of the jaw that lets them lock together? Snakes have really crazy bone structures and I don’t think it’s necessary the same thing here as they have a very different shape of head

Idk how much control they have over the sideways movement, I can’t really picture what it would look like stretched and how it would deform their face.
>>
>>38101415
Make-out sessions with such flexible anatomy would be... interesting.
>>
>>38101428
>deep smooching with your snek gf
>accidentally wind up with your head in her mouth
>she's torn between apologizing profusely
>and teasing you about your fearboner
>>
>>38101415
I want to gently hold a lamia’s head and feel their jaws move independently as I massage them like pic. They probably wouldn’t be so grumpy though.
>>
>>38102396
>tempting the vowepones to vowe you
that's bwave, ano-nya. weal bwave.
>>
File: Lyre snek.jpg (231 KB, 1920x1080)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>38101415
The have muscles that hold their jaw together.
Here's a snake yawning, shows how there jaws work decently https://youtu.be/UsqjfX6A4L4

>>38102396
That'd probably feel both weird and comforting at the same time for them.
>>
>>38102734
>That'd probably feel both weird and comforting at the same time for them

Yes. I want the snek to melt in my hands in bliss

The difference between the lamias and snakes is that snakes have a gap between their jaws and lamias don’t or it would look really weird like they’re missing their front teeth.

>>38102405
That’s not temping them, there’s other things you could do to accomplish that. But fix your voice
>>
I’m going to try to draw a little bit of the town but I don’t think I will likely succeed

But I also bring up the idea of some kinds of magic heat rock. Not so sure how that might work if magic can’t create energy. Just an idea, it could be a rock with a rune carved onto it or a type of magic mineral.
>>
>>38103544
I believe you can do it
>>
>>38103544
Make it essentially a heat battery.
>spell keeps sun heat energy bottled up rather than letting it disperse into the ground below
>then pushes energy back into the rock to keep it warm through the night
>>
>>38103659
First attempt. Random buildings. I think it’ll be harder to made special locations when the buildings are mostly stuck together and on top of each other like this. I’m using old Arabian styles but Pueblo architecture is extremely shockingly similar so I’m using that as reference too. And in certain circumstances I think Bedouin tents are pretty good too. I have some with the raiders already, in the main country I can see them working on the outskirts or perhaps as shaded outdoor-like areas in markets or for restaurants?

Is combining those things just for the vibe appropriate or does it make the style feel inconsistent. Not into it enough to tell. I like how mlp has such unique designs for different areas and I like to keep that here. If there’s anything ideas for adding some kind of lamia iconography to it I’d love to hear it, ponies always have horseshoes and stuff on everything. It’s not necessary but it could be good if it’s not just a regular town.

I don’t know what kinds of buildings to try making, or what details will be important for certain things. I’m not even sure what lamias houses will actually contain besides objectively bedrooms and I guess bathrooms but what is a lamia bathroom even. I don’t think they have advanced plumbing but maybe they do?? They must have some kind of electricity too? The infirm time period of equestria is a mess and I don’t know what exists because it varies so much from place to place. What the hell do people do every day.
>>
File: Snek.png (147 KB, 516x409)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>>38104407
I like this snek, they are cute.

They probably would use soft subtle curves and spirals as patterning, shallow carvings into the walls and doors. Evoking imagery of a coiled snake or one that is leisurely travelling from one place to another.

They may also use patterned rugs on their walls and/or floors.

Imagine a snek shepherding sheep, that'd be quite sight.
>>
>>38104407
One of the neat things of using that pueblo architecture is that sneks would probably do very well at slithering along the roof support pegs. I feel like that could be integrated into the design somehow.
>>
>>38104491
I'm imagining that's how that snek got up there.
Went out on that balcony then noodled their way up there.
>>
>>38104496
Not the door a few feet to their left. Couldn’t be.
>>
>>38104518
It's more amusing that way, and they look like a younger snek.
>>
>>38104518
>>38104529
Also the end of their tail still hanging over the edge hints at it.
>>
File: file.png (179 KB, 711x989)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
Drawing some Tesla Coil to show off how snek mouths work. About halfway through 4 poses, stopping for the night.
>>
>>38104617
I forgot her body lightning marks, whoops. Okay, so I'm slightly less far than I thought I was.
>>
>>38104617
Those arms are a bit odd. Maybe too high up and a bit too small.
>>
>>38105039
Ah, I think you're right. Been too long since I drew pony.
>>
>>38104617
Bold to put your hand in her mouth. Especially with her venom. Or is she more like a taser?

Her arms should definitely be bigger and lower down. Also more foreword than back like shoulders.
>>
>>38104617
The return of the cutie! Lovely pic. Can't wait to see the others.
>>
>>38099043
But what if they like that?
>>
>>38107725
>>38090367
>>
>>38090367
Aww, look at him flattening his neck!
>Go away, I bite! I definitely don't have rear-set fangs!
>Also, look! Cobra! Stay away! Very venomous I swear!
>>
>>38107753
The best part of that is that it looks like they forgot how to slither momentarily due to that.
>>
>>38100508
I guess nobody has any input at all

A mix between the bottom two. Flower pops better that full orange and I can still use the cream and blue colors later if I want for something without it sharing a color with this.

She’s from the wealthy part of town and she doesn’t like to be the focus of attention. She’s not an introvert she’s just not a leader. Not sure if she’s the daughter of someone important but I imagine her house is bigger than most
>>
>>38108609
What am I supposed to say?
"I like all of them."?
>>
File: file.png (159 KB, 763x715)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>38105039
>>38107114
Pose #3, technically. Didn't forget her lightning stripes this time, just haven't gotten to 'em yet. I feel like I made her legs a bit too long, though I think I'm closer this time.
It's gonna wind up being
>mouth closed
>mouth open (>>38104617)
>jaws wide (you are here)
>mouth stretched

>>38106423
Tesla's friendly, and generally doesn't mind curiosity, so long as you're gentle and ask permission first especially if she's likely to get a meal out of it. But yes, she builds up electricity and then discharges via her fangs to paralyze. Her rattle-looking tail (not shown here) steadily lights up as she accumulates charge.
>>
>>38109232
...actually, looking at that, I think I drew her jaw guidelines wrong. She should be able to open further. I'll have to change the last image, though this one's probably fine to keep.

Anyway, here's a pic showing off her tail, uncharged. The three segments steadily glow to the color of her lightning markings when she's storing electricity, though here she recently bit Anon and so has discharged for now.
>posted 2 1/2 years ago
God damn.
>>
>>38109046
Yeh, it make me feel good. Give the happay chemical.

>>38104407
Try number 2. An attempt at a specific location this time. Serra’s home I believe. Maybe not actually house but I’m not sure where else it would be. I had no real idea of how it should be beyond that they have a roofed area with the double doors. It’s not necessarily exactly how it’ll be but this is the second time I’ve done anything so I’m happy with this. Still didn’t find a place to put anything snakey, it feels a little bit empty as well.

>>38109232
Since I’m out of my two week funk of not doing anything maybe I’ll try something similar. Not sure.
>>
File: file.png (170 KB, 763x715)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>38109232
Your joint is backwards there. The circled joints are supposed to be the same one.
I scribbled a thing closer to what it should be.
The elbow is much higher and that joint there is actually the wrist with the one near the end being more of a knuckle.
And yeah, leg is a little too long, my sketch of it is also generally too small relative to your snek.

>>38104407 >>38109511
Only real comments I have about these besides the cute snek is that it seems you still need to practice with linear perspective. or whatever it is called.

In 07 the canopy is at a different angle than the rest of the things attached to the wall, and the leftmost hatched window and the two on the far right are at an angle relative to the ground on the building in the foreground. The canopy appears as if one if it's posts is shorter than the other due to that.
Try rotating the page while drawing, that usually makes things like that stand out more.

The only thing I see funky in 11 is that the two doors appear to be on the same wall but also at different angles. The top door appears to be at a much sharper angle than the bottom set of doors.

p.s. sorry for going full autism on you two.
>>
>>38109629
In the second picture I think I actually fudged the one point perspective a lot more than the first, I don’t know if the canopy is the issue, I think the rug underneath it is wrong. I see what you mean about the windows. I didn’t follow the normal set up to achieve perspective because I’m doing rather odd angles, in the first I’m up really high and the second I’m looking over at it. I know I’m going to have to use it the right way for the river idea I have. My previous pictures aren’t including enough structure to use it as far as I figured. I still really like the Ridge, although the camp itself and some other small placements probably aren’t how they’ll be finalized. The dunes in the foreground shouldn’t be how they are though I think, the pov is pretty high up and their closeness makes it look like the terrain is a bowl.
>>
>>38072176
>>38072283
I'm the complete opposite, everything I could do with my phone I can just do on my PC. I haven't really used my phone in months.
However to answer your question
>I never understood the idea that it’s better on a computer.
Most mobile users have more trouble typing (e.g. I'm comfortably around 90wpm on a keyboard, and I'm not even super fast - how fast can you go on a phone? back when I used it regularly I had trouble hitting half that consistently). This leads directly to lower effort put into posts, because it takes longer to type anything, punctuation other than , or . is difficult, and the entire thing comes off as low-effort.
A similar aspect happens with images. File management is atrocious on phones - usually at best you get a "gallery" that just lets you scroll through everything with nonexistent search. Even something so simple as folder organisation is an absolute pain to manage on mobile - let alone anything like a proper tagging solution (you're not gonna get Hydrus to run on your phone). So choosing a picture is limited to scrolling on your tiny screen through a giant folder of images until something catches your eye; usually mobilefags end up posting a limited pool of images because it's so difficult to find a good one. And you'll never see a mobilefag with an interesting filename.

Finally, "mobilefags" are synonymous with "normies", because phones becoming ubiquitous coincided with tons of absolute retards who would have otherwisde never touched a computer starting to regularly participate in the internet. Kind of like what you describe, people who didn't really care for tech, didn't really use a computer, but now suddenly with a phone they can conveniently be online without needing to be "computer people". And lowering the barrier for entry is almost always a recipe for damatically lowering quality of discourse, hence mobilefags are readily associated with the kind of absolute moronic normalfaggotry that mobile phones enabled in the first place.
>>
>>38080591
Taper the scales down horizontally (so e.g. if they're flat horizontal scales, make them shorter and shorter rapidly, rather than just cutting it off at one point).
>>
>>38109629
Joint's not backwards, I just thought the elbow was around the halfway mark (used some screenshots of saluting ponies to try and figure out length). Of course, I flubbed that distance too. Thanks, though, this is really helpful.
>>
>>38098504
Would Twilight be called hypocritical for falling back on her everycreature policies?
>>
>>38102734
she loves human men
>>
>>38111078
Especially when they are in her belly.
>>
>>38111381
Look at her and the hand, she’s clearly way too small.

>>38110223
I wouldn’t use uncharacteristic poses as anatomical references, they fudge them a bit when they have to make them do human like things, it fine to do that too, but revert to proper anatomy the moment the exaggeration isn’t necessary.
>>
>>38111964
You think that'd stop her?
She's done it before and that was before she was a snek. https://ponerpics.org/img/view/2013/12/5/490440.jpg
>>
>>38109629
How the hell are legs this difficult? I guess I must've mostly drawn them all straight before.
>>
>>38112614
Maybe this will help a little
>>
File: tegaki.png (69 KB, 666x666)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
Attempt was made.
Have pink snek.
I picked random colors.
>>
File: file.png (107 KB, 567x551)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
I think the legs on this one are always gonna look wonky, since so much of her stretches when her jaws and mouth do the snake thing. I'll put 'em all together tomorrow.

>>38113117
It does, thank you.
>>
>>38113660
Imagine how many chicken tenders she could fit in there at once.
>>
>>38113428
Cute.
Thanks for attempting.
>>
>>38109934
>>38109511

3. I stopped the perspective here after a few tries because I didn’t know what to do. This is a diner maybe. I don’t know how they actually serve food given portions there must be huge
>>
>>38114071
An entire griffon's worth, at least.
>>
>>38114940
They probably have whole roasted chickens/pheasants.
Fairly cheap and easy to farm while being small enough for most adult sneks to eat without making a noticeable bulge.
Might also be small enough they won't be tired after eating one.

For a diner it doesn't have many chimneys.
>>
>>38116299
Good point, I didn’t think of heat exhaust. The wind catcher is to cool the heat but that’s as far as I thought it out.
>>
I know pony cheeks get in the way of the snakey unhinged jaw thing but in this case I think it's one of those times where applying cartoon logic is acceptable and fine. Just say the cheeks have the ability to stretch like rubber and/or ignore the issue because this is the type of universe where Pinkie can eat an entire cake in one bite and it's not really weird
>>
>>38116365
Not just the heat needs to be vented, also the exhaust from the heat source as well.
>>
>>38095772
All the pony mice were smart and ran out the hole into the basket
The dumb normal mice and foal mice stayed inside with snek
>>
File: 1599807157643.png (131 KB, 1000x1714)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>
File: 1180263.png (68 KB, 1306x2840)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>38116660
Purple is the enemy
>>
Take sneks and remove the n and what do you get
>>
File: 000339381776.png (59 KB, 593x624)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>
File: Tesla Coil Open Wide.png (633 KB, 1000x4000)
633 KB
633 KB PNG
Here we go! >>38116409 has a point, especially since I gave her pony cheeks in the 3rd pose. But I still wanted to show off having stretchy inter-jaw skin (which is still covered in fur because pony magic)
>>
>>38069232
Nobody ever linked to previous thread you mfs

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/37863592/
>>
>>38117297
what a polite snek, being so calm as some human fondles her mouth
>>
>>38117756
He's got to buy her dinner now, it's only fair.
>>
>>38117297
Lovely stuff! I do like Tesla, she's pretty.
>>
>>38118497
Thanks! I'm actually quite glad Badumsquish told me not to use his sneks in an image; Tesla wouldn't have existed otherwise.
>>
>>38120136
Yeah I remember she was originally the barista. You used the striped snake in that picture too, didn’t you also turn them into another character? Have you done anything with them since?
>>
>>38114071
Tenders? She just eats whole chickens like potato chips.
>>
>>38120907
But that's not as amusing of a scenario to imagine.
>>
File: large.png (319 KB, 1211x1024)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
>>38120852
It was originally this barista snek of his and his milksnake lamia. Since I'd already drawn the prey's stripes, I just recolored her into a coral snake (red touches black -> red touches yellow), and added a nice zappy flair to the new, electric-blue pred snek to explain why the striped danger noodle wasn't struggling more. Thus: Tesla Coil.
I haven't done anything with the coral snake, though. By the little bit of lore behind that image, if Tesla didn't digest her, she's been detained, possibly awaiting a private trial for trespassing into a secure facility.
>>
>>38120912
What if she dips them in Sweet & Sour sauce first?
>>
>>38121347
Coffee is my jam, so I immediately loved this snek. Naturally, therefore, she is one of the few Badumsquish characters to already have a canon mate, because fuck my life.
>>
>>38121360
How do you type a shrug?
It doesn't really add or detract from the concept.
>>
Snakes do not have butts.
>>
>>38121371
Sucks to be you.
>>
>>38122315
Their only flaw
>>
>>38122315
They absolutely have butts, they have only butts, it’s one hole, that’s the real flaw. Unless you like butts.

Would you get salmonella or something? Do lamias carry reptile diseases? That would be horrible
>>
>>38122357
Most humans carry a form of salmonella, it's just a different one that other animals have that's why it makes you sick.
>>
>>38122357
>they have only butts

What? Also that guy meant butt cheeks not anus. Every time I see a Snekquus with an ass cleft I want to bleach my eyes
>>
File: 835129.png (100 KB, 800x800)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
The snek
>>
>>38117297
You should have stopped after 3. Realism has no place in pony
>>
>>38122999
All I have to say to that is Pinkie opens her jaw wider than that at least once.
>>
>>38122389
You now know that you could call them "Herppos" and not be wrong.
>>
>warned for anthro
lol whoops. Funny how this board is the only board that still has that rule.

>>38122999
But I like how snakes do the thing.
Besides, chances are I'll fudge it a bit when she's actually eating something big.
>>
>>38122885
Man I can never decide if I like Lamia with a clear divide between the snake and pony parts or not. I get that it's one homogenous animal but a clear divide sometimes looks really nice. Maybe if it followed some kind of rule, like the pony half always being the same color as the main scales but a different shade of it.

>>38123238
I sat down creating alternative names for Lamia pones 2 weeks ago but forgot them all. Snekquus was one. Another one I liked was Hippnaga, as in hippo + naga + hypno.
>>
>>38123596
I was going to redesign mine to align that with the type of lamia they are but I haven’t really done anything to further that, I think I like them being solid more though.
>>
File: 2022_01_24_0ji_Kleki.png (181 KB, 800x800)
181 KB
181 KB PNG
>>38124229
>>38123596
>>38122885
Here's my idea for this. Just as hypothetical. They DO have a clear dividing line, but it is not a simple perfect ring shape. The belly is indented downward both so the creature can bend forward easier against its own scales as well as to not make it look like you cut 2 animals in half and glued them together......I tried to redraw the belly line to make it lower down, but accidentally made it barely different from the source pic, oh well.

The color of the coat would ALWAYS be the same hue as the main scales, but in a different shade, so the creature still feels as whole. 9/10 times the front half is going to be slightly lighter and less saturated to give it that magical pastel feel to it. The darker more saturated lower half also works well because we psychologically view dark and saturated colors as heavier. A black mailbox looks heavier to us than an identical white mailbox. So the scales being darker by comparison makes the tail feel heavy and powerful.
>>
File: 2022_01_24_0k9_Kleki.png (192 KB, 800x800)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
In blu
>>
>>38123596
I prefer when there isn't.
>>
File: 1642798275574.png (1.55 MB, 750x921)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
>>38090162
Gaboon vipers
Large lamias
>>
>>38125348
Garbonica let’s herself go?
>>
>>38069232
Interesting thread Anon. New to ponydom and never seen this before. Not my cup of tea, but appreciate the enthusiasm of other Anons here have for it. I suppose pony noodle is not dangerous? (Pony snek =/= Danger noodle)? Like color scheme of your snek. Cheers snekbros!
>>
File: 2269840.png (947 KB, 1213x1180)
947 KB
947 KB PNG
>>38125402
All the better to snuggle with.
>>
Idea for how snek clothing works:
>pads with hooks (or some other kind of anchor) adhere along the back of a snek
>these can be safely removed with a bit of force, so lamias don't really wear clothes for anything that might get active
>cloth attaches to these anchors, and drapes to either side of the snek, leaving their undersides free to slither along
>>
>>38126318
That’s basically the conclusion we came to, I don’t know what kinds of things they would wear stuff too besides fancy parties

I want to suggest that they would have fancy shirts for their top half to wear, because that’s the part they interact with each other with and it’s much easier, as well as having a lot of fancy hats. I get English vibes from hats and at least mine are kind of vaguely Arabian themed. I have cloaks in my mind as a thing some might have too. But HATS. Think about it. Sneks belong in hats.

I was thinking about adding some Greek design into them since you know, that’s where lamia comes from. I might look into that for the next try at a town background.
>>
>>38126806
I had such a nice streak of that not fucking happening.
>>
>>38126806
If I remember Lamia is actually Libyan.
The story is Greek, the character is Libyan.
>>38126812
She looks traumatized.
>>
>>38126816
She might be. She met Toraena, alone. It’s a good thing she’s venomous or she’d be dead, hers makes you dizzy and nauseous and it really stings too.
>>
>>38126806
She looks like she is saying "Well, How does it look?"
>>
>>38127351
That’s most likely what she’s saying
>>
>>38126812
Looking at her I feel like she should be three segments of her pattern longer.
>>
>>38125348
That thing can’t even coil up can it?
>>
>>38128757
No, they can. Kinda.
>>
>>38128949
They are the legendary fatsnake.
>>
STOP BULLYING HIM
>>
File: 1603297.png (335 KB, 2588x2150)
335 KB
335 KB PNG
>>
>>38129086
Carnivores can't taste sugar
>>
>>38129095
And that would stop a snek from selling pastries?
>>
>captcha: nya xd
why

>>38129095
>>38129102
More importantly, that would stop PINKIE PIE from selling pastries???

>>38129086
>herpetologist asks if she's nervous or angry
>"Hm? Oh, the rattle! No, I just like the way it sounds. Watch this!"
>Pinkie grooves out to some rhythmic rattling
>>
>>38129205
They also do it when excited too.
>>
>>38129095
Lamias can or else why >>38078724
>>
>>38129810
Cause Badumsquish exists in his own universe.
Imagine if that was salt though.
>>
>>38129823
Well mine taste sugar too. Otherwise they wouldn’t like half the ideas I have for snacks and treats they would have.
>>
>>38130159
The smell of it is probably the most important part whether or not they can taste sugar.
They can digest sugar though, so they can eat it whether they can taste it or not and they absolutely can smell it.
They'd use it similar to how people use energy drinks. If they can't taste it anyways.
>>
File: 2050854.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1358)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
Remember to be nice to your weird pony adjacent friends.
>>
File: 2685754.png (3.01 MB, 2501x2001)
3.01 MB
3.01 MB PNG
Snek hugs
>>
>>38124647
I like this take
>>
>>38130197
Sugar dissolves completely in water, so anything can digest it, and glucose is energy.
>>
>>38131646
Yes, but also no. Some carnivores can't handle the blood sugar spike from eating sugar.
Snakes avoid it by their digestive systems themselves metabolizing most of it. It'll make them hungry, will kickstart their metabolism.
>>
>>38131621
Thx hun. I actually like the normal Kalianne style more but I like experimenting and it bothers be there isn't SOME kind of visual indicator where the fur and scales meet. I also like rules, rules are important they give you something to work around. Like I think the lion half of Griffons should not be allowed to be too unnatural, it shouldn't be allowed to be magic pastel colors buy the head or accents can sometimes get away with that
>>
>>38131893
I agree. Things need structure and boundaries to work with or else you can’t measure objectively if it comes out good, it’s just opinion at that point.

I think the cat part of griffons can probably get away with a non pastel hints at colors. Usually they’ll be very grayed and low saturation. It’s not so bad.
>>
>>38132412
Yea I think griffs can still get away with blue or purple or whatever but they have to be very dull only slightly tinted or else it looks erroneous.

Also keep Kirin horns red only like in the show. I know, you can theoretically say they're from a different tribe and it is super duper tempting to play with the different colors because they can look very beautiful, but c'mon. They're supposed to all be red, you need a limitation to work around. It makes them feel united as a species and also Kirins have fire magic which is what the red signifies in the first place. Keep it red
>>
>>38132623
Agree with that too.

Rules for lamias
no horns or wings is the biggest one.

Just a little thing for myself, I don’t use the normal pony orange tongue color for them. I made 7 options for some customization in design. But only those options. I don’t see myself adding any others later. I think it more than enough and generous honestly. It’s not like a rule anybody else has to follow though.
>>
>>38133254
I don't have a problem with horns or wings on lamia if they are ponies magically transformed into one.
>>
>>38133764
Well yeah if they’re not real lamias then sure, but natural ones shouldn’t

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.