[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
Flag
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 56 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>2021
>I am forgotten
>>
>>37871360
never, little strongheart.
>>
>>37871406
She was forgotten in 2012.

She doesn't deserve it, but the show basically pretended buffalo didn't exist after season 1. It's especially odd in seasons 8 and 9, where the School of Friendship absolutely should have had a buffalo student or two.
>>
>>37871360
Her body is like a rugby ball and her legs are too long.
Her color is like someone ate and threw up fried chicken.
She's not attractive, in a world of gorgeous characters.
>>
>>37871360
I still like her a lot. Wasted potential, and way better than yaks.
>>
>>37871447
>>37871457
lies and slander. little strongheart will always be one of my toppest characters.
>>
>>37871682
I just said that she didn't deserve to be forgotten.
>>
How.
>>
Offensive stereotype
>>
not when ever month theres at least one of those
>year
>I am forgotten
of this character using the same fucking picture
>>
>>37871360
What do her buffalo braps smell like
>>
>>37871447
Instead, they created a new category: mary sue race. Hippogryphs could've been cool. And seperate from equally cool mer-ponies.
>>
>>37871406
>>37871486
You lads are alright.
Buffalochads together?
>>
>>37872014
together strong
>>
>>37872058
Héehe'e.
That's a Native American language for "yes".
>>
>>37871360
>>
>>37871360
I've always liked her, but you're right she's mostly been lost to history. She seemed really chill and down to earth, plus she was quick on her hooves and was able to even outmaneuver Dash. Pretty cool character overall.
>>
>>37871447
Native american depiction might be too offensive to native americans.
Yes that was the reason.
>>
I was more confused as to why they created "Saddle Arabians", and even made unique models for them.......only for them to show up in 1 scene for 2 seconds and then never show up or be mentioned ever again.
>>
File: DD_Fido_ID_S1E19.png (44 KB, 180x211)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
I unironically miss them. I'm mad that they were forgotten (except for that one Trixie comic) and then turned into Disney furries. There could've been some fun potential for them like Rarity exhibiting some generous traits for once instead of being a vain, vapid whore and takes it upon herself to try and help them out, or "Train" them, clean them up and stop acting so brutish to outsiders, etc. Could be a fun episode. I don't fucking know, just something.
>>
>>37872606
They got a throwaway line in The Last Problem and a few cameos here and there lol.
>>
>>37872629
Oh yeah, they were in EqG weren't they?
>>
>>37872726
Yup, and the comics too.
We don't talk about those.
>>
>>37871360

I continue to remember, for I have even made a Buffalo OC and therefore can never forget ;_;7
>>
>>37872606

We got stuck with Yaks when we could have had adorable Buffalos ;_;
>>
File: 2514636 (1).png (861 KB, 683x1037)
861 KB
861 KB PNG
>>37873172
Here's your Diamond Dogs bro.
>>
>>37871895
Hippogriffs pretty much retroactively made Griffins look worse in spite of being the soulless rip-offs themselves, and also managed to fuck up Sea Ponies, a pretty no-brainer G1 play on "Sea Horses", right down to messing the visual up by making them mermaids instead.

Hippogriffs on their own could've been cool. "Merponies" who adapted to integrate with Sea Ponies proper could've also been a fun novelty, yet they impressively ended up figuring out how to offer the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>37872497
Can confirm.
Posted Little Strongheart in a Native American server before.
Moral disgust was very apparent.
>>
>>37873618
But she's cute and doesn't reflect negatively on Native Americans at all. What's their problem?
>>
heya hooya she stole my fucking oats
>>
>>37873640
Dunno, all they said was "it's racist" or someshit. That post I made was like 2 or 3 years ago too, so it's lost to time.
I wonder if there are any Native American fans of My Little Pony we can talk to around here, though...
>>
>>37872551
Pffidunno, toys, maybe?
>>
>>37873644
The word "racist" is losing all meaning to me.
>>
>>37872606
We never got a “Down Down to Goblin Town” music number of scene with them.
>>
>>37873651
>losing
it became a worthless mudfling by 2012
>>
>>37873647
They didn't get toys either.
>>
File: 1623291754032.png (493 KB, 554x474)
493 KB
493 KB PNG
>>37873231
>they're literally just generic anthro dogs that look like they were stolen from FurAffinity
>>
>>37873682
Your gay
>>
>>37873231
>S1 Diamond Dogs are gnoll inspired creatures with Gollum voices
>these look like some Furaffinity tier shit
>>
>>37873640
From the talks I've had with native americans, whites have made them so ashamed of their own culture that many reject their own past. They're slowly healing and re-embracing it.
>>
>>37873761
What's so bad about native heritage anyway? It's the first time I heard they were ashamed of it.
>>
>>37873682
We-
You know, I actually can't argue with that.
But at least they aren't Deviantart-tier?
>>
>>37871360
It looks like a little hand is touching her butt.
>>
>>37873761
All the white people I know who even talk about Native American culture only talk about how much we should respect it and how stereotyping them is wrong. Where'd they get "be ashamed of your culture" from that?
>>
>>37871360
...who??
>>
File: little-strongheart.png (3.85 MB, 1920x2160)
3.85 MB
3.85 MB PNG
Do you even watch the show? She featured live in s09e25 and as background in s09e26.
>>
>>37872606
They should have become friends with Maud after she moves into the Ponyville caves.
Could have a nice ep with her becoming friends with them despite the mane6's doubts because she doesn't judge by appearances and also... likes rocks
>>
>>37873890
>Ponyville caves
Ugh, that pisses me off. It exists only to make Rarity's talent useless.
>>
>>37873890
Fuck, that would of been perfect.
God damn it. It's practically a gift wrap idea.
>>
File: 93231112.gif (971 KB, 2518x3000)
971 KB
971 KB GIF
>>37873850
>Watching S09
None of that shit is canon.
>>
>>37873899
Yeah the gem finding thing really got dropped fast huh? I suppose Rarity's talent/cutie mark became more metaphorical later on, like finding the beauty inside others, but the other M6's (e.g. party, apple, go fast) all stayed fairly literal
>>
>>37873850
Background appearances in crowds don't really count for much, anon.
>>
>>37873640
A lot of shame is inflicted upon themselves. Tribes understandably hate being lumped together. Teepees are seen as racist because they're overused in media and sedentary tribes aren't represented, feathers get the same treatment because not all tribes wear them, so you'd have natives distancing themselves from stereotypes whether they're part of their culture or not.
The obsession with specific historic representation expands into never including them as an exported culture, so the buffalo would have to be say a specific band of Lakota, and worked on by Lakota creators because appropriation bad, to not draw any criticism despite being a loose fantasy interpretation.
>>
>>37872058
That pic is so badass
>>
>>37874018
That's retarded.
>>
>>37874018
>>37873838
>>37873787
>>37873761
>>37873644
>>37873640
This has no bearing on why they didn’t appear again, it’s just that the narrative of Over a Barrel basically argues for the “both sides are wrong” argument and has the Buffalo become friends with the Settler ponies and work out their differences with no repercussions… and that trope has always been frowned upon because it didn’t happen like that in real life and is seen as whitewashing of history.

Now, No matter what your beliefs on the matter are, to Hasbro it was controversial enough to justify barely mentioning the Buffalos in fear of seeming “tone deaf” or whatever. Nothing to do with the actual Buffalo being racist.
>>
>>37874007
>Background appearances in crowds don't really count for much, anon.
Somehow I heard different tune when Flash Sentry had background appearance in FiM.
>>
>>37873902
I'm sorry, it's the only way anon
>>
>>37874054
No, fuck you. I regret watching any of it.
>>
>>37874048
It counts for whether a character exists in the show or not, but not really for whether the writers are actually utilizing them.
>>
>>37874047
>it didn’t happen like that in real life
Except all those times that it did.
>>
>>37874116
haha where did they put the stuffing haha did they put it in scootaloo like as a joke lol?
>>
>>37874138
Imagine the smell haha
>>
>>37874048
>Flash Sentry
Barbieniggers opinions never count
>>
>>37874047
>Make Native Americans buffalo
>Species that went nearly extinct in the late 1800’s because of overhunting and colonialism. Only saved by careful regulation and preservation efforts, still not a plentiful species.

>Ponies/Horses as Settlers
>Species known to have been an invasive one and caused ecological change across the entire continent went introduced by settlers, still live wildly and in decent numbers throughout NA.

What did Raimi mean by this.
>>
File: 1484509481174.png (537 KB, 1666x1197)
537 KB
537 KB PNG
Could've been nice
>>
>>37873838
>>37874018

Throughout the first half of the 20th century there was an intense campaign of cultural genocide, where native american culture was made illegal, children were forcefully seperated from parents and sent to re-education schools. Speaking your native indian tongue could earn you a beating. Rape of girls and boys by teachers were frequent and completely unpunished. The result is an entire generation completely traumatized and not wanting to be themselves.
>>
>>37875017
Sounds like over exagerated bullshit.
>>
>>37875017
>Speaking your native indian tongue could earn you a beating. Rape of girls and boys by teachers were frequent and completely unpunished
You got a source to support that? A real one, that is, not propaganda written 50 years later
>>
>>37875065
>>37875026
It`s well documented at this point, but it's such creepy shit that few people, including the victims, want to talk about it. Duh, but triggering if you're squeamish about abuse:

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/beatings-rapes-a-reality-for-children-at-residential-schools/

https://now.tufts.edu/articles/my-moment-witnessing-multi-generational-trauma-indigenous-residential-schools

And when your childhood is this messed up, well this is the result:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/emotional-damage-from-trauma-of-childhood-sexual-abuse-can-last-a-lifetime-1.3159307
>>
>>37875248
>INB4 “Not real, Jew Propaganda”
>>
>>37874958
Why smug image, this is pretty straightforward, I'm sure creators intended that. Basic neutral allegory.
>>
>>37875276
Because they try to imply both sides are wrong and that they all live happily ever after, when in real life both the Natives and Buffalo got fuckin annihilated while the Chad Settlers/Horses took everything over.

Just a funny Freudian slip for the writers to kinda admit the Buffalo are coded to be doomed.
>>
>>37875026
Yeah, pretty sensationalist text, where a few criminal cases presented as "the system", where in fact it's just isolated criminals.
Though trying to forcibly assimilate ethnicities (and destroy languages) by government is nothing new. USA is not exception, and it's not really a conspiracy secret, it's written plainly in history textbooks.
>>
>>37875248
In my comparitivie religions class way back in HS we had a native American dude come in and claim the native american religion was outlawed until after the 70s iirc. He also claimed it legalization was a major factor in reducing alcohol.
He also also claimed that the four races of the earth (black, white, red, and yellow) should stay to each of their designated corners of the earth and not mix so that was kinda based
>>
>>37875017
I mean its possible, i dont doubt it but these days it's hard to believe everything when everyone is trying to put the blame on white for everything bad in the world.
Not to mention the recent ""church burial"" finding seem a bit suspicious in my opinion.
>>
>>37873808
That's my hand booping her Buffalonut
>>
>>37875322
Nigga, White People literally helped genocide the majority of Native Americans off the face of the planet, then literally oppressed their people and culture generations, including the literal Trail of Tears.

How the fuck is pointing that out demonizing while people, when it’s literally what happened?!?!
>>
>>37875294
>It was just isolated criminals committing these crimes against native Americans and it’s ludicrous to think otherwise
>But also systemic oppression and genocide is just a thing everyone does so you shouldn’t be surprised.
>>
>>37875306
>australian natives do not exist
looks like that person need to go back to school.
>>
>>37871800
how??
>>
>>37875395
Probably because it's gone from white washing to red washing, considering the buffalo episode tone deaf is the perfect case. Natives can never be shown in the wrong, and the settlers never did anything good, despite that not being true.
>>37875017
I should have clarified the theory about inter shaming pertains to the out of touch generations deep in idpol.
>>
>>37875806
Yeah, there are angels and demons on both sides, but natives definitely got the short end of the stick.

>>37875806
>>37875294
In any case I'm glad the worse of these atrocities are over, life moves on. I met a native american couple developing models for 3D printers to make native inspired charms, interesting marriage of old and new.
>>
>>37875806
>One side committed some atrocities against settlers who invaded on their property and weren’t perfect little angels to each other

Vs

>Other side systematically genocided the other race into near extinction, nearly destroying their culture, language, and some native species of animals important of several tribes over several decades.

Gee I fuckin wonder why one side is generally considered more monstrous and is villianized in modern culture. Next think you’ll be angry we don’t talk about the kinda mean things the villages slaughtered by Genghis Khan aren’t brought up in history class.
>>
>>37875306
History's tragedy is that Whites were simply better at the zero sum game literally everybody except the Slavs were playing. Worst genociders goes to Arabs&Turks, and Americans.
Equestria however never fully looked like the USA until no-emotions wokists came up. Worst you saw was restricting movement.
>>
File: thanksgiving 2021.png (1.53 MB, 2064x1321)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>>
>>37873890
Great idea, i'd watch such episode
>>
>>37876024
I thought it was more that White people were born in the right areas of the world that had the best resources and overall manpower, and that the Black Plague and other diseases that wiped out a majority of the population of Europe ultimately aided in killing off a majority of the natives in the first place (though intentional)?
>>
>>37876024
>Equestria never looked full USA til wokists came up.

Uh... Equestria has been based on the US since the first season, from Manehattan to Over the Barrel to the fact that Lauren wanted to call Ponyville "Fillydelphia" since before the show ever came out.
>>
>>37875891
It's only called "genocide" in the new meaning of the word that includes ethnic displacement. There was no systemic mass murder of a powerless ethnic group other than an isolated incident in California; there was war. America was conquered, same as Gengis Kahn conquered.
>>
>>37871360
Blame the assholes who thought the episode when you were brought up was "too unconfortable".
>>
>>37876540
Refferences dont equal full on america mate.
>>37875395
You act like its every white person that did this.
You act like some of us ""whites"" dont also have native ancestry.
>>
>>37876531
I don't really buy into this "it was all chance!" narrative, it seems very dismissive of the innovations white people have been responsible for that gave them an advantage compared to other races at the time. Don't get me wrong, chance is a factor in everything, but it's far from the only deciding factor.
>>
>White this
>White that
Sure is America here. "White" people are just cultureless people who lost their enthnicity.
Englishmen > """White"""
Spanish > """White"""
French > """White"""
Dutch > """White"""
>>
File: leslie.png (226 KB, 1007x1150)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>37876934
"White Americans" are a socio-cultural ethnic group at this point, in the sense of having a unique culture and shared identity. E.g. America has more civilian-owned guns than people, which is an aspect of our unique gun culture. We also have a unique cultural stance on free speech (no such thing as "hate speech"), etc. This may not be any European culture, but it is a distinct culture in its own right.
>>
>>37876654
>It’s only called Genocide in the new meaning of the word
>There was war, so that somehow means the total annihilation of every man, woman, and child was justified and the proceeding cleansing and match of Indians across the continent after the “war” was over DOESNT count.
>America being conquered means it wasn’t genocided, because you can’t genocide something you conquer. Guess the Nazis just conquered Europe and nothing more.
>>
>>37876889
How does directly referencing many American cities and locations all the way back S1 and S2 and painting a pretty clear picture of Equestria being coded to America, from Settlers to Country/Southern Accented ponies just “references”?
>>
>>37877119
Dude, I live next to many American-Indian reservations. The Navajo have whole cities! You are obviously not American if you think "every man, woman, and child" was annihilated. Not by a long shot. 27% of my state is under the exclusive jurisdiction of Natives, immune to state law. They even have border control, and closed their borders during covid, shutting down entire freeways.
>>
File: bread_basket - Copy.png (144 KB, 1000x800)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
Claim your Past /mlp/
>>
>>37877119
Also, adding to >>37877174, equivocating forced ethnic relocation with the holocaust—in which millions were systematically murdered in extermination camps—is a form of holocaust-denial. Holocaust-deniers *think* the Nazis did to Jews what America did to the Natives, ethnically displacing them into Soviet Russia. It's how they explain where all the Jews went.
>>
>>37877174
Their DESIRE was total annihilation of all tribes and ethnicities that wasn’t there’s, especially with the spreading of Smallpox and other diseases in the early days.

Also, even if I’m wrong, they still killed millions upon millions over generations. Don’t pretend that’s somehow better because they didn’t get all of them.

>>37877192
>Conflating practices that the Nazis said inspired their own Genocides is Holocaust Denial

Absolute state
>>
>>37877174
Having 27% of the state isn't a great prize when it's mostly arid desert. Navajo is the biggest group in North America at 170,000 speakers, while Central and South America still has many native languages each numbering over a million speakers.
>>
File: 2487678.png (74 KB, 477x367)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>37877206
If that was "their desire", it was the desire of some, obviously not the majority, for the majority supported the *war treaties* granting 27% of my state and half of Oklahoma and much else to Native sovereignty over their traditional land that remains to this day.

>>37877211
It's their native land, alongside the Hopi and Havasupai who live at the bottom of the Grand Canyon and a number of other native tribes here who maintain their sovereignty over their reservation of their traditional native land. ("Reserving" parcels of land for the natives during America's westward expansion is where the term "reservation" came from.)
>>
>>37875806
>idpol
Anon, you have to understand this:
EVERY pol is idpol.
>>
>>37873787
Think of each tribe as a different nation in Europe, different customs, different traditions, and different sacred things. But the moment the whites from Columbus onwards showed up they lumped them all into the same group more or less. Trial of Tears is a huge example of this
>>
>>37875017
Can confirm something similar happened here in NZ
>t. Maori that had shit like that happen to them at primary school

Btw would have loved the seaponies to be based on Polynesian culture with a love for the sea and how sacred it is
>>
>>37877278
>seaponies to be based on Polynesian culture with a love for the sea and how sacred it is
That would honestly be pretty cool.
Also, didn't realize we had Maoris who love the show here. Nice to meet you!
>>
>>37875404
Lesser degrees of both statements are true. A lot of the accusations leveled at settlers nowadays are exaggerated (a downright astonishing number of things people say about Columbus are provably false, even though he actually did some bad stuff) and cultural suppression is something the US isn't even close to unique in having done.

That doesn't mean all the allegations are false, just that the US is held disproportionately responsible and people often hold up any claim they can find as incontrovertible proof of how evil all the settlers were to natives. Reminder that for all the modern lefties who call Thanksgiving "indigenous genocide day" or whatever else, the actual occasion being celebrated was a case of peaceful cooperation between natives and settlers.

There's a lot of nasty shit in America's past. That's undeniable. What's not right about it is acting as if American settlers were just pure evil cartoon villains, and trying to hold current generations responsible for actions committed by people who died several hundred years ago.
>>
>>37877844
This.
>>
>>37872497
Is this true? Were there any complaints from the native american community? Its not like the buffalo were depicted badly.
>>
>>37877868
See >>37874018. I'm not that anon but it makes sense; the different tribes are different nations, and regardless of how charitable the portrayal, portraying them all as single culture can rub the wrong way.

In fact, as an Arizonan, I know that ancient blood enmity between the Navajo and Hopi persists to this day, to the point that it's an unwritten rule at the Grand Canyon that they must never room a Navajo and Hopi in the same communal dwelling at the base or a fight is liable to spontaneously break out. A Hopi would never want to lumped together with a Navajo.
>>
>>37877868
Like I said, it's generally the older ones who complain because they were raised to hate themselves. Younger ones generally don't complain, except for the SJW among them.
>>
>>37876531
>(though intentional)?
https://www.history.com/news/colonists-native-americans-smallpox-blankets
TL;DR the whole smallpox blanket meme is basically only one documented instance that was a military strategem, one that we don't even know worked or not
>>
>>37871447
They were replaced with yaks. I guarantee it.
>>
>>37873504
what the fuck even is the difference between a hippogriff and a griffon?
>>
>>37878260
Did anybody like the yaks? Why would Equestria want to be friends with those savages? The buffalo were pretty cool at least.
>>
>>37878278
I think its safe to assume the vast majority of the fandom hated the yaks. I can live with the nu-changelings, the hippogriffs, griffons, dragons, and every other heathen creature that's invaded equestria, because in the end canonically its not in their culture to destroy and stampede for no fucking reason. yaks were a terrible entry to this creaturequestria bullshit, and most fans knew it.
>>
>>37878262
A hippogriff is half-eagle, half-horse. Griffon is half-eagle, half-lion.
>>
>>37878297
If She's all Yak was an earlier season episode it would have ended one of two ways
The first would be Yona realizing that her people's destructive ways are distancing her from her friends and causing harm to the citizens of Equestria. she would learn how to control her stampeding instincts and she would soon teach what she learned to her people so they can live in Equestria without causing destruction in their wake.
The second option would be yaks take shit too far and would end up being permanently banished from Equestria. Actually no this ending would not have worked in earlier seasons but you all get the gist
>>37878313
Thank you.
>>
>>37878315
>Actually no this ending would not have worked in earlier seasons but you all get the gist
Sure it would. Yaks are no different from parasprites.
>>
>>37873231
Would
>>
>>37878315
Didn't Yona cause all that destruction by accident? I don't recall her deliberately stampeding through anything.
>>
>>37877275
>A nation within a nation
That sounds really rad! A montage a la "Come and get your love" showing the different tribes in america would be really cool.
>>
>>37878262
Hippo is Greek for horse because qu's in Latin turn to p's in Greek.
>>
>>37876934
This. You bet ponies outside of Equestria would be strongly divided between racial lines as well as cultural ones.
>>
>>37871360
Yes
>>
>>37877844
Saying that settlers aren’t all bad doesn’t mean that you can just brush all the bad stuff under a rug either, obviously not every settler hated Indians, but a sizeable portion of those that were in power absolutely did and enacted horrible atrocities against Native Americans, ones that are among the worst in history. And a lot of those atrocities lead to a lot of benefits Americans take for granted.

No one in this thread said “All Whites Bad”, just that it’s important to acknowledge the reality of who committed the crimes and why it’s more culturally relevant to show more sympathy to the group of people devastated by the other group of people.
>>
>>37879757
You're advocating that it's more important to brush any act of good under the rug because people are overall criminals and we must remember how criminal they are 24/7, in which case I'll acknowledge the reality of the slave owning 5 tribes and inventors of scalping. It's ludicrous to expect this weighing scale of evil to have any relevance to a snapshot in time, more so in a cartoon about friendship.
>>
>>37879757
>Saying that settlers aren’t all bad doesn’t mean that you can just brush all the bad stuff under a rug either
Why not? What's the point in dwelling in the past if we're not using it to prepare for the future?
>>
>Thinking about giving buffalos a spot in my AU
>Check thread.
Nah. Too tainted by fruitcakery. Much like zebras.
>>
File: 1490666.png (978 KB, 3200x1800)
978 KB
978 KB PNG
>>37880690
What AU? I'm implementing Diamond Dogs into mine. Also, rise above influences from people on the internet and just do what you enjoy - be it integrating buffalos into your story or making a cute zebra mare oc or something. Seriously, look how cute this zebra is. We wouldn't have her if the artist was scared of drawing zeebs because of weirdos on the net. Just do what you enjoy! Have fun, and eschew all else, Anon!
>>
>>37880801
I thought about having the zebra be creoles but having direct cultural analogies is gay and also fuck the people that like zebras.
>>
File deleted.
>>37880690
What's the point of having an alternate universe if the real world influences everything in it?
>>
>>37880806
Zecora is my waifu and yes I will fuck her.
>>
>>37879757
We've spent decades "acknowledging" it. We spend every Thanskgiving having to put up with people aggressively "acknowledging" it at us. What is the point? What good does this do for anyone? What purpose does it serve except to guilt-trip people for ancestry they have no control over? Compare this to America and Japan, both of which did terrible things to each other and both of which have moved on from it in a much shorter timespan. Hell, people don't accuse modern Germans of being genocidal war criminals, even though the Holocaust was less than a century ago. A civilized society is capable of recognizing the past, but also of moving forward and letting it go for the sake of finding a way to coexist.

The generation that did this, and the generation they did it to, died before your parents were born. You're supposed to hold perpetrators responsible for atrocities, not the perpetrators' great-great-great-grandchildren. You want to help the natives? Help them with problems they face now. There is no "cultural relevance" in digging up centuries-old graves and trying to find someone alive today to blame for them.
>>
>>37880690
Don't let it stop you. Zebras and buffalo both have great potential for fanfics, in large part because of the show's underutilization. And only faggots demand that a fictional counterpart be a 1:1 copy of a real-world culture. Equestrian ponies have portrayed a mix of a ton of aspects of different cultures, from India to different parts of modern America to ancient Greece and Rome to the Middle East to medieval Europe and even Aztecs. It's okay to mix and match different African cultural traits for zebras, and different Native American tribal practices for buffalo. They're a fictional culture based on mythology, not a representation of reality.
>>
>>37880690
Don't base creative decisions on what retards on the internet are saying.
>>
>>37881136
>>37881147
I'd much rather keep the nations tight and fleshed out than do what og g4 did and have way too many creatures who were totally retarded and useless. Plus the look on zebrafags' face when I say they all died out in the cataclysm will be epic
>>
>>37881207
You sound like you're doing this more out of spite than out of creativity.
>>
>>37881259
Zebras in particular is spite. Everything else is stuff I want to do.
>>
>>37880806
Yea, it's pretty lame to see a fantasy setting and think "hmm how can i implement real life things directly?" Zecora is neat but it was a bit of a mistake to make her a boogedy boogedy boo african shaman, I think.
>>
File: 1480494184201.png (215 KB, 305x331)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>can't have "indian" characters because Twitter will get offended on their behalf and screech endlessly about it
I hate that this is what the world has become.
Land O' Lakes recently got rid of their mascot (indian woman) as well, solely because some white liberal claimed that it was offensive............even though the mascot was literally designed by a native american who claimed that he just wanted to share his culture
apparently sharing culture is wrong and bad and racist now
>>
>>37881108
Are you kidding? Present day Germany being stereotyped with Hitler impressions and neo-nazis is still very common.

Also, solving the problems the natives face isn't as simple as it sounds. Person to person sure, there's lots of friendly(ier) interactions. Government to government however, if Canada/USA actually respected the treaties they've signed they would have to give back entire cities. Then on the other side you have some tribal bands that are extremely corrupt and spend all the money earmarked for infrastructure into booze and luxury cars.
>>
>>37881351
Stereotyped as a joke, yes. But how often do you see people walking around trying to tell present-day Germans that they're responsible for genocide and that they owe reparations to the Jewish people?

What I mean to say is, this sort of shit is only done by people who want to make themselves feel like they're righting an injustice without actually helping anyone. It's anger for the sake of being angry, nothing more.
>>
>>37877319
Kia ora bro, yeah been a fan for almost a decade now.
>>
>>37881369
>How often do you see people walking around trying to tell present-day Germans that they're responsible for genocide and that they owe reparations to the Jewish people?
>He doesn't know
>>
>>37878262
>what the fuck even is the difference between a hippogriff and a griffon?
A Hippogriff is the offspring of a Griffin and a Mare (yes, the original myth is very specific that it's a female horse). As a result, a Hippogriff is half Horse, half Griffin, having the fierceness towards enemies of a Griffin and the gentleness and love for humans of a loyal horse; visually, they're Griffins with a horse's backside and ears instead of a cat's. Also known as the fastest creatures in existence, two of them drag Apollo's sun chariot through the skies every day. They're intended to be a living contradiction - Griffins and horses are supposedly natural enemies (griffins actually EAT horses), so having a Griffin and a horse actually fall in love and produce a Hippogriff was considered something along the lines of 'when pigs fly' or 'when Hell freezes over' - an impossibility.
>>
>>37881349
>apparently sharing culture is wrong and bad and racist now
The problem is that's exactly what they believe. It's why so many fantasy works these days are just sticking to furries and aliens cause you get less screaming when the races don't exist.
>>
>>37881779
Neat historic data.
>>
>>37881798
What's stopping from making them furry versions of real-world races anyway?
Case-in-point: the buffaloes.
>>
>>37881840
The mistake with the buffalo's was making their real world parallel way too obvious with the full on feathers and teepee's. The Yaks were a mishmash of multiple sterotypes that couldn't be pinned on any single group, and thus we had to suffer the overexposure of Yaks.
>>
>>37881369
>But how often do you see people walking around trying to tell present-day Germans that they're responsible for genocide and that they owe reparations to the Jewish people?
If only you knew. Honestly, I pity the Germans more than the Jews these days. Nazi guilt and reparations is baked into their culture at this point, it's absurd.
>>
>>37881707
And an oldfag too! We could use more people like you here, Maorianon.
I'll admit, when you mentioned the ideas of seaponies being based around Polynesian culture with a "love for the sea and how sacred it is", my mind somehow went to this, if not as a funny execution of the idea:
https://youtu.be/a5gJw-aGcfw?t=123
>>
>>37871360
She gives me a little strongboner
>>
>>37881798
They still find a way to get offended over it. Like SJWs crying that Orcs are offensive stereotypes of black people.

....because looking at a big brute and immediately thinking "black person" is not racist at all, nope
>>
>>37879757
>No one in this thread said “All Whites Bad”, just that it’s important to acknowledge the reality of who committed the crimes and why it’s more culturally relevant to show more sympathy to the group of people devastated by the other group of people.
This is why Whites have honor as opposed to the Turks and Arabs. Logically, they'd be best represented by goats or camels.
>>
>>37881349
Get an Indian (Hindu). Offending others is good Karma, they say.
>>
>>37881847
I may sound like an asshole, but the indian stereotype has always been tee pees and feather hats.
Maybe if there was more indian cultures in mainstream media, the stereotype would change, like small mud huts, or cozy cabins.
Even clothing, like stone or wood accesories, or a different clothing type beyond leather.
>>
>>37882616
I'll say.
Even the little blacks can be brutes too.
A much more nuanced perspective, I might add.
>>
>>37882616
>>37882835
I swear, if SJW were self aware, they notice their way of thinking is more mysogionistic and discriminatory than your common Joe.
>>
>>37883336
As much as I give /pol/ shit for being the way they are, sometimes their memesmithing is spot on and I have to give them credit for it.
The NPC shit isnt even a joke, it's just objective reality at this point.
>>
>>37881770
>>37882240
Okay, I'll admit I haven't been to Germany. Doesn't make it right, though. People don't control who they're descended from.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.