[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
Flag
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 50 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: title3.jpg (487 KB, 1280x720)
487 KB
487 KB JPG
>CYOA Info: https://ponepaste.org/6080
>Last thread: >>37828175
>>
File: 91.jpg (387 KB, 1280x720)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>37855965
>Shady: "...I don't even know where to begin-"
>The bug pauses for a moment.
>Her face changes expression rapidly.
>Shady: "Since you laid your cards on the table, I'll lay mine. I'm not going to steal your only tank."
>The other two recruits look at you wondering if you are a military genius or an idiot.
>>37856419
>Flicker is taken off guard then giggles.
>Flicker: "Not very professional of you..."
>Ranger: "I hope they will be proud."
>>37856469
>>37856509
>>37857706
>You pat Ranger.
>>37855941
>Flicker: "Sir yes sir."
>Ranger: "Sir yes sir."
>Shady: "Eh...I guess I need to get back into shape is locked in a cell for so long..."
>Grease: "Sorry sorry! Hi all. Sorry Anon, the washing up is done."
>Everyone moves near the tents for training.
>>
>>37859922
I’m not actually sure what exercises ponies would do, now that I think about it.
>>
>>37859965
Push ups, jogging, stretching those glutes, pulling weighted things, etc.
>>
>>37859922
Hokay. First thing we'll do is go for a short jog around the camp. Pay close attention to your surroundings: it's easy to get lost here with how feature sparse the terrain is. Try to memorize at least one thing that'll lead you back here should you find yourself somewhere you can't see the camp from.
>>
>>37859922
Some warming up and some running to get some basic feel of their bodies. I only hope Damsel didn't eat Amity and Pointy alive.
>>
>>37859922
This is the perfect temperature for a good long run, isn't it?
>>
>>37859915
Oh panzer of the lake, what is your wisdom?
>>
>>37860331
We already did that bit
>>
File: 1411352479358.png (59 KB, 554x515)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>37860339
Well I didn't.
>>
>>37860325
Should be. I assume we're in the kind of desert that gets hot all day and cold at night.
>>
It appears that the Anons here do not know what to do
>>
>>37860922
That's what we have LASS for.
"We spend the morning training to the best of our abilities. We can roll for it if you like."
>>
bump
>>
>>37860339
What wisdom did we gain?
>>
>>37862123
a vision.
>>37815072
>>
>>37860922
What do you mean? There is a plan, if not very detailed.
>>
File: 1963997.jpg (1.73 MB, 2417x1277)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>37859922
>>37859965
>>37860005
>>37860041
First things first. Flicker should grab a spare fatigues from the barracks tent. We got like twelve sets courtisy of command yesturday (I counted). Come back and we'll get started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhx2ZA2eMj0
We can make things fun and do a military cadence as we job around the base. Spontaneous musicals have been rooted deep in Equestria's history, so it should come second nature. Probably after we've done some stretching.
https://www.goarmy.com/content/dam/goarmy/downloaded_assets/pt_guide/pocket-pt-guide.pdf
Found a guide if that helps, but I don't know how we can convert some of the exercises into pony anatomy. Good thing for us that ponies are surprisingly flexible.
I think what we want to look out for is to ensure everyone is doing their stretching and warm up properly, and make sure they're cantering and galloping properly as well. After the warm ups and conditioning training, we can focus on calisthenics (Strength and Mobility Training). lunges, high jumps, squats, push up. I'm pretty much pulling stuff from the pdf.

found this in the first thread
>7:30am: Physical Training (PT). Do lots of calisthenics and running. Ponies can't do push-up (pegasi can do wing ups though), squats (unless using weights), or jumping jacks (how would they even?). Running will be straight forward. Do it Mulan style and have everyone carry two buckets full of sand and start doing laps until reaching the Oasis (quick water break lmao leading a horse to water). If the buckets we have have seals in them, replace sand with water and carry it all back to camp. take a light break before going into calisthenics (EARTH PONY STRENTH! throwing rocks, doing squats with scrap metal, rocks, or buckets full of sand on your back.
>That, or doing a shit ton of manual labor to dig trenches, fox holes, build things, etc.
Shady should be capable of doing wing ups in her pegasi form. When we're through with her, her membrane wings will be the envy of all the changelings of her home hive.

>>37860325
>>37860415
right now should be around 6am by my estimates. Temperature should be tolerable for now. Any later and it'll be too hot to get swol.
>>
>>37862572
Why can't ponies do pushups? It just needs the ability to extend their hind legs and lift their bodies with their forelegs.
>>
>>37862718
It's not that they can't do them, it's that they won't get much benefit from doing them, squats are functionally identical for them.
>>
>>37862572
I am totally down for a musical training montage.
>>
>>37862741
LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS-
>>
>>37862718
Pushups were made for bipeds in mind, not quadrapeds. Plus it would look really weird. A quadraped requires a quadraped based work out. For horses that usually amounts to lots of running, galloping, jumping, walking through floor poles, going up or down slopes. In the show ponies have been shown using work out equipment.

>>37862720
Maybe if they had something heavy on their backs when we start doing squats, there might be more to gain in terms of e exercise. Maybe we can McGyver up some workout equipment out of whatever junk Grease has lying around.
>>
>>37862572
Don't forget that we're both in the desert and not infantry, so exercise should be more about maintenance than strength building and we should be careful about the amount of exertion.
>>
>>37864478
Lies from a basedjack. We must get all the gains if we are to ever lift a tank.
>>
>>37864517
Take it from somebody that did construction for a summer, heat is a killer.
>>
>>37864578
I know the sentiment. It's why I suggested PT in the early morning. We might have to make breakfast the night before tomorrow just to save time, that way all we have to do is warm up the food so we'll have those extra minutes before the day is filled with heat waves.
>>
boop
>>
File: 92.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>37860041
>>37860296
>>37860325
>Your troops start a light jog around the base.
>As you watch them make a lap you hear a tank pull out behind you.
>Three mares jump down from the tank.
>FP: "Found her."
>Amity: "She almost made it to town."
>Damsel: "...Look Mr. Commander officer thingy...I've been trying to tell these imbeciles that I don't belong here...And can you -not- smoke around me!"
>FP: "I smoke where I wish."
>Damsel: "Don't you understand how long it takes to get that smell out of your fur!"
>Flash Point shrugs.
>>
>>37865163
There are worse smells. So, why do you believe you don't belong here?
>>
>>37865163
Whether you belong here or not, desertion is a bad idea. A nation at war does not take to deserters well.
>>
>>37865163
Really? Cause I have a paper from command with your name on it. Fancy that.
>>
>>37865163
Boop her.
Alright Alright Damsel. Why shouldn't you be here? Let me hear your case.
>>
>>37865163
Quick and determined, I can respect that. But it is generally a bad idea to try to outrun a machine in a desert, when your pursuers can see you from at least five kilometers. Think quickly, soldier: how could you have escaped if you put some more thought into your strategy? There were at least two better ways to do it. Three, if your transport passed through the town.
>>
>>37865163
combat bow holy shit
>>
File: 93.jpg (155 KB, 1280x720)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>37865204
>Damsel: "It's clearly a mistake. I don't belong with such brutes."
>FP: "...Talk about a brat."
>>37865265
>Damsel: "...Uh...Hide until nightfall?"
>>37865189
>>37865264
>You try and boop Damsel she flinches back.
>Damsel: "Well you just need to look at me, clearly I don't belong here...And I don't deserve to be touched by such brutes as you commander - I care not for your rank."
>>37865279
>Damsel: "Yes yes, do you have any idea how much a had to whine to get one of these?"
>>
>>37865288
Why did you even join the military then?
>>
>>37865288
well then how did you end up here?
>>
>>37865288
How did you get assigned as a driver, anyway? Can you even drive at all?
>>
>>37865288
Dismael Distress is such a cute mare. I love her ponytails with the ribbons. They really bring out the vibrancy in her.
Listen, I know you don't want to be here, but you are and you need to accept this. If you leave I'll have no choice but to inform command that you abandoned your post during the war, which would lead to you being arrested. Actually, it WILL lead to your arrest. You'll be wanted, and undoubtedly you won't be able to return to your family. You're a high class mare I get that, but please give the reserves a chance. I promise that by the end of your training you'll feel like a newer, better pony. Please?
>>
>>37865312
simp
>>
>>37865288
>Hide until nightfall?
Good! Or at least for a few hours, an attempt to stay hidden there for the whole day may kill an untrained person. It's almost like we have nothing to teach you! Next question: how do you hide in a desert? And what are some of the things that you really want to have with you when you're hiding in a desert?
>>
>>37865288
Might I recommend you wear a hat instead? It'll keep the dirt out of the majority of your mane, plus the brim of the hat will keep the sun out of your eyes. You can also rebrade your main into a bun and loop it through the adjustable hole in the back of the hat, you can even put your bow on that. When you're done with PT and training for the day you can take your hat off. Trust me, a hat will save you and your mane from the pains of maintaining it.

>>37865320
Sorry, I'm trying to be nice.

>>37865288
>Damsel: "...Uh...Hide until nightfall?"
There lies the problem of it being extremely cold at night, but if you can make it back into town then you're golden.
>>
>>37865288
I'm trying to think of a suitable punishment for you when you start acting up and refuse to do what everypony else has to do. Say, how's a hofful of sand in your mane sound? Or in your tail?
>>
>>37865288
Unfortunately for you, and fortunately for me, might I add, you're whining only serves to fuel my desire to see you muddied and humbled.

Amity and Damsel, I hereby make the two of you battle buddies. You are not to let the other out of your sight under any circumstances. If either of you needs to go somewhere, you must both go.

You three now have thirty seconds to join in running laps before I get a motivational rake to whack you with.
>>
>>37865288
You do realize that this is going to be tied to your name now?
We are obligated to report it.

>>37865355
I don't think there are any rakes.
Spanking is a valid punishment however.
>>
>>37865288
You're in the military and command sent you here, so whether or not you think you belong here, you have to be here. Now we've wasted enough time already, let's get running. Us included because we need the training, CO or not. We can continue debating your presence here afterwards.
>>
>>37865355
That seems a bit extreme anon. At least let them park the tank with the others.

>>37865288
Is Damsel a noble mare? My money is on her either being:
a) disgraced by her family and forced into the army
b) came from a militaristic nobility family and they expect her to be some part of the army
c) a dork
>>
>>37865384
It’s not extreme. We’re burning daylight. We’ve wasted enough time chatting as is.
>>
>>37865288
Damsel is easily the least cute mare in camp, heck Gunner is a cuter mare than her. Would not waste a boop on.
>>
>>37865288
Well Damsel, I now know why you were sent here and it wasn't a mistake. You were sent here on purpose because they don't like you and thought it'd be funny to dump you here.
>>
>>37865384
I wonder if there's some stray noble blood in Amity.
>>
>>37865288
Holy shit how did such a prima donna even got in in the first place?
>>
Oh man. I would do unspeakable things to this mare.
>>
>>37865372
>You do realize that this is going to be tied to your name now?
>We are obligated to report it.
On second thought, we'd better conduct a full investigation first. If Miss Distress feels like being cooperative and joins the rest of the troops in PT ASAP, then I'm sure we'll all realize this was just a harmless misunderstanding, and not something that needs to be reported or go on her permanent record.

Of course, if she *doesn't* fall in, then our investigation will probably end up with a call to the military police, who will be more than happy to explain the penalty for desertion as they take her away in chains.

Do I make myself clear, Miss Distress?
>>
>>37865288
Just a heads up, if you haven't figured it out already I have a multiple personality disorder.

I hate to break it to you Damsel, but these guys >>37865372 >>37866110 make good points. Even if you do escape command will eventually have to ask about you and I'll have to tell them. I cant make up you being dead or captured by gryphons, I'm not that convincing with lies. Even then, I wouldnt be obligated to cover for you I'd tou do choose to escape since I hardly know you.

Let's start over. Hello! Welcome to the Equestria Army Mechanical Divison Reserves. I am your commanding officer Anonymous, pleased to meet you.
>dust off a hoof on your uniform sleeve and offer her a hoof shake.
>>
>>37865288
She looks good in green
>>
>>37865312
>Dismael Distress
Everypony in the military deserves a good nickname and I think we just found yours Dismal
>>
>>37865332
>Sorry, I'm trying to be nice.
She's a DESERTER. And you're her COMMANDING OFFICER. You don't "be nice" to deserters in the army.
Not only that, but she's a spoiled brat. In some circumstances, if you know your troops well, you can overlook protocol. This is not only not one of those instances, but her character is clearly such that "being nice" will only fuel her ineptitude.
We must be stricter and rougher with her than with anypony else, to force her to get in line. Like, if we act nicely with Ranger or something, it's not going to go to his head and make him perform worse (or at least not too badly - he doesn't look the type). Dismal? The more we treat her kindly, the more she'll think she's owed comforts and service, and will refuse to perform in any way. We have to knock it into her skull that she HAS to serve. Or desert and be court-marshalled.
>>
>>37868616
Don't bump me, faggot
>>
>>37868100
Please elaborate:
1. What IS a "spoiled brat"? What, specifically, do you think is going on in her head, and in what ways you would expect her to be wrong about things?
2. Why do you think she has to serve? Why it may be better for her than the alternative option of using her connections and resources to deal with desertion charges? The only leverage I can think of for now is her own pride, if she even has it.
3. Specifically how much do you hope to change her and how fast?
>>
File: 94.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>37865294
>>37865298
>>37865305
>Damsel: "Those were all practically the same question..."
>FP: "He's got a multiple personality disorder."
>Damsel: "Then I should ask what are you doing here!?...In fact, don't answer that. I don't care. And yes I do drive-"
>FP: "Ponies up the wall?"
>Damsel: "Was I talking to you?"
>>37865312
>Damsel Huffs
>>37865684
>Damsel: "They should have been honored."
>>37866110
>>37868100
>Damsel starts to back away.
>Damsel: "My dad would- Hey now-... Court marshaled?"
>You continue to put the bratty mare in her place.
>Damsel: "...Ugh fine...Nice to meet you too commander."
>Damsel reluctantly shakes your hoof.
>>37865355
>Amity: "What!?"
>Damsel: "At least she doesn't smell like an ash tray...."
>FP: "Somepony is going to get a blooded nose in a moment."
>Damsel: "..."
>All three mares join the others in doing laps around the base.

[Your troops level up every training phase. The level will apply to the battle sequences. The higher the level the more chance they will survive warfare. Dangerous actions will result in a roll for the character, you roll dice+1d(Level)
If you roll lower than 9 then the character will be injured or killed depending on the situation.]
[The levels will be applied in order of the list within the paste]
>Amity Accord
>Flash Point
>Grease Can
>Long Ranger
>Shady Days
>Flicker Switch
>Damsel Distress
[As your troops are training. Roll dice+7d3]
>>
Rolled 3, 2, 3, 2, 2, 1, 2, 3 = 18 (8d3)

>>37868695
roll
>>
>>37868706
[Levels]
>Amity Accord 3
>Flash Point 2
>Grease Can 3
>Long Ranger 2
>Shady Days 2
>Flicker Switch 1
>Damsel Distress 2
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 1, 3, 3, 3, 1 = 14 (7d3)

>>37868702
>>
>>37868672
>What IS a "spoiled brat"?
Somepony who thinks they're owed things they're not, and don't owe others things they do.
>What, specifically, do you think is going on in her head
She clearly believes this station to be "below" her. She refers to her fellow soldiers as "brutes". She whined to command for a military bow - a completely frivolous accessory that, by all appearances, she only wanted due to being vain.
She believes she is owed comfort and rsepect, and she believes she does not owe duty and labour to the army. Both of which are false, because she is now a soldier.

>Why do you think she has to serve?
Because she is a soldier. A soldier has to serve, by definition.
>Why it may be better for her than the alternative option of using her connections and resources to deal with desertion charges?
That's entirely up to her to decide, obviously.
Now common sense suggests that if she was able to use her "connections and resources" to neither avoid being drafted, nor at least avoid being sent to the Exile base, I'm gonna guess that being court marshalled for desertion isn't gonna end well for her, either. Hence we're gonna do our best to beat some sense into her. But ultimately if she wants to run away - and not be an idiot about it, and actually succeed in getting away from the base until she's no longer our responsibility and gets recaptured somewhere else - that's entirely her choice in the end, of course.

But we're not gonna just turn her away or something. She's a soldier now, and by default, she must serve. If she wants to become a runaway, that's her prerogative.

>3. Specifically how much do you hope to change her and how fast?
How much? Until she understands that she's not owed anything due to whatever status or connection she has; that respect has to be earned, and she has to work to earn in.
How fast? No way to tell.
>>
>>37868702
Wait if we personally roll 9 or lower? Oh shit everyone is below that. We got a long ways to go.
>>
>>37868715
Flicker's gonna have to really pick up the pace. Go and give her a motivational speech. Tomorrow we might need to assign her extra training to make up for lost time.

>>37868702

>9 minimum to avoid injury
>dice increases by 1d3 per day of training
man I hope nothing bad happens for the next week or two
>>
>>37868730
>Wait if we personally roll 9 or lower?
We're using LASS, we have different rolls. We also directly control our actions and presumably our survival will depend partly on how stupid we are; for example, for some reason I have this vague gut feeling that grabbing ropes of uncertain origin is often a bad idea.
>>
>>37868702
Hey QM think you could add our LASS levels to the ponepaste too? That way all the stats can be kept track of there in one place.
>>
>>37868725
Thank you.
>>
>>37868725
I wouldn't say that the bow is useless.
Only useless as a bow, you could use the material for a lot of things. I don't think she knows that many things to use it for.
>>
>>37868764
Of course, but the point is she just whined for an accessory she wanted. She definitely didn't ask for it so she could cleverly repurpose it in a pinch.
Unless of course she is an AMAZING actor.
>>
File: 95.jpg (203 KB, 1280x720)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>37868706
>One by one your troops return to you.
>>
You know what I just realised? Dismal tried to desert, in a desert.
>>
>>37868770
Nice to see that the A-team is in such good shape.
>>
>>37868702
Can we level up after fight? Can we earn buffs for training, for example, some character do something epic and we get +1 to training for 2 training phases?
>>
>>37868770
Amity, Grease, great going. Keep it up and you're gonna be in great shape and fit for fighting in no time.
Flicker, you may be an engineer but a combat engineer still needs to be fit and ready for duty. We're gonna have to work on that endurance.
The rest of you, good work all. Even Princess Dismal seems to be capable of some physical exertion, colour me surprised.

What was next, anons? Shooting training or something?
>>
>>37868770
Alright, I have some good news and some bad news. Bad news: if they'll send us into a fight within a week or two, we're all dead. Good news: we are making progress. Flicker, are you still with us?
So what was next? Breakfast and weapon handling?
>>
>>37868788
we had breakfast earlier dummy
now normally PT would be before breakfast but we're still easing into things here

>>37868785
I think gun handling is next, then lunch, then shooting practice?
>>
>>37868770
i hope FP at least stoed smoking for running
>>37868785
being able to operate a firearm seems of some use during a war we should probably work on that
>>
>>37868801
Ok.
>>37868770
I hereby proclaim that it was our basic training and now we're officially allowed to use guns. If somebody disagrees, may they shoot me now or forever hold their peace. Grease, what's going on with the equipment audit? Do you need help with it?
>>
File: 96.jpg (195 KB, 1280x720)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>37868785
>Amity: "I'm not just all brains..."
>FP: "I'm surprised I can still jog that far..."
>Flicker: "Sorry...*huffs* I didn't realize I got so out of shape..."
>Damsel: "Of cour- Hey wait!"
>>37868788
>>37868801
>Amity: "Sounds good."
>FP: "If you get us all home alive, then I'll quit smoking."
>Amity: "That pretty high stakes FP..."

>Damsel looks at Shady
>Damsel: "What in all of Equestria are you?"
>Shady: "I'm a changing...Just stuck like this."
>Damsel: "Oh right those morons who invaded Canterlot. During a wedding - a royal wedding when there were loads of guards..."
>Shady: "...Yes. Those morons. Now can you stop talking to me, your arrogance tastes awful."
>Damsel: "...When was the last time you preened those feathers?"
>Shady: "Sorry, I didn't realize I was here to be scrutinized by a pampered ass."
>Damsel: "I'm just saying, you need to preen them."
>>37868833
>Grease: "...I still need to do it, but I think there's enough guns for all of us now...I think...No no it's fine."
>Grease leaves to get the guns.
>>
>>37868845
There's no pegasi on this base, nobody here knows how to preen. Do you volunteer to be the change you wish to see in the world and help Shady with her wings after the training, Damsel? Or are you all talk?
>>
>>37868845
Do changelings know how to preen? Hygiene is important.
>>
>>37868845
If there's dummy rounds there, bring 'em. I don't trust anyone with blanks quite yet.
>>
>>37868845
She is right about the feathers though, 412.
You've got to preen them or you won't be able to fly.

Do pegasus have preen glands?
>>
File: 97.jpg (229 KB, 1280x720)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>37868899
>Grease returns with the guns on her back.
>Grease: "There are dummy rounds in the magazine. We don't have many..."
>Grease then proceeds to pass out the rifles as she gets to the new recruits she quickly shows them how to hold it.
>Grease: "The safety is here, keep it on and mind the trigger."
>FP: "I hate these guns."
>Amity: "I don't mind them. I prefer the Lope En'meadow though."
>FP: "It's just the magic safety trigger system on them, having it shouldered for a second to fire is a headache."
>Amity: "That's why you stick duct tape over the butt so it tricks the gem inside the gun that it's shouldered."
>FP: "I'll keep that in mind."
>>37868893
>>37868916
>Shady: "I...Don't know how to preen...I just wash them with water, it seems to do the job."
>Damsel: "You are an idiot. You need to pluck out those broken feathers..."
>Shady: "...How do you know this?"
>Damsel: "My ex is a pegasus, go figure. Stupid stallion couldn't do it properly either."
>>37868892
>Shady: "Woah hang on there, I been disguised as a pegasus long enough to know that should take place behind bedroom doors."
>Damsel: "Oh shut it, You're not a pegasus, neither am I, so how is it intimate?"
>Shady: "You are -not- preening my wings, we just met you weirdo."
>Damsel: "And your wings insults my eyes and it makes me angry pegasi have beautiful wings then they don't look after them."
>Shady: "Not everything can be perfect princess."
>>
>>37868999
And then you accidently smack something with it and shoot somebody.
There's a reason it is there, Amity.

Damsel you are going to have to wait on that.
>>
>>37868999
Do we have anything we can set up for targets?
>>
>>37868999
Wait, they sent you to masquerade as a pegasus without training you how to be a pegasus? What the fuck? Granted, we're not in a position to criticize another army for poor training or questionable management practices, but I did expect more from the intelligence, on both sides. Does our counterintelligence know how easy it is to recognize a fake pegasus?
Anyway, >>37868916 is right, it's not just about beauty. Damsel doesn't have to be in the same room with you, but I will ask you to listen to her instructions. Verbal instructions, nothing more. Is it comfortable enough?

Will somebody show us how to load this rifle?
>>
>>37868999
DAMSEL!
Stop grumble! I'm warning you.

Ok, I have a plan.
After weapon handling we gonna do military drill, than breakfast, and than shooting practice.

Tommorow, after breakfast we do assembly and I would say, what we gonna do next that day.
>>
>>37868999
Okay, first off. Teach everyone how to safely eject and load the ammo into the gun.
Second, teach everyone different ways to change the handle on the rifle- wait I don't think Garands have charging handles.
Third, teach everyone how to line their sights and how to properly shoot. Don't have actual ammo loaded, blinds or dummies or not.
Fourth, have them practicing lining their sights and shooting at targets without ammo. This is just practice for when they do fire.
Fifth, teach trigger discipline. Don't carelessly wave the muzzle of your gun around even if it's not loaded, don't look down the barrel. Show them how to open the chamber to check to see if there is a live round loaded in the chamber or not.
>>
>>37868999
If I wanted to hear bickering, I would ask for it. Since I haven't, be quiet.

This unit is the closest thing to a family you're gonna have for a long time. So you better get as comfortable with each other as possible. Damsel, since you so gladly volunteered, you will show Shady how to properly preen.

Now, there are three rules in regards to firearms. One, treat every gun as if it were loaded at all times. Two, do not rest on the trigger unless you are ready to fire. And three, never point the barrel at anything you aren't going to shoot. If you break any of these rules, I will personally beat the idiocy out of you.
>>
>>37869077
Chill m8. She's already getting called out for it. Give it some time to see how it develops before being an ass about it.
>>
>>37868999
And while we're at it, I'm gonna finish assigning battle buddies. Ranger is with Shady, Grease is with Flicker, and FP is with us. Under no circumstances should you abandon your battle buddy. You shall go everywhere with your battle buddy. You must always know where your battle buddy is at all times. If I catch any of you without your battle buddy, I will make the both of you run until the war is over.
>>
>>37869115
I think I was pretty far from being an ass here Anon.
>>
>>37868999
Alright, enough bickering you two. 412, we all have to be in top physical condition, and that includes your wings. Not just for your own safety, but for the safety of those around you. Being a changeling, I'd expect you to understand the importance of doing what's best for the collective.
>>
>>37868999
Seconding these two >>37869073
>>37869077

>>37869115
I also don't think anyone's being an ass.
>>
>>37869055
>tfw stuck in the same pony with an ESL personality
>>
>>37869118
Seems cripplingly limiting for a group as low on numbers and time as ours, for now I'd prefer to keep it at "must always know where your partner is" only. But what's done is done.
>>
>>37869258
>But what's done is done.
No it's not done, we can disagree
>>37869118
I for one also don't think the battle buddy system is a good idea. Certainly not yet, and not for training.
Maybe in battle it might make sense, but in battle we're ideally going to be in tank teams anyway.
>>
>>37869286
No, no. It is a form of training first and foremost, and basically a great idea. It's only the operational details that I question.
>>
>>37869118
>>37869286
>>37869335
>FP: "So...I don't need to hold your hoof for anything?"
>Amity: "I'm failing to see the point in this."
>>37869022
>Amity: "Sure."
>>37869155
>Shady: "..."
>Damsel: "She started it."
>>37869073
>>37869077
>After telling your troops to be quiet you start the weapon handling training.
>First you show everyone how to eject and load the magazine while going over gun safety.
>Second you show everyone about charging handles and how to change them.
>Third how to adjust the sights, and how to shoot being unloaded.
>Fourth you have them practicing lining sights and aiming at targets in the distance, namely the tanks or random rocks.

[Roll dice+7d3]
>>
Rolled 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 3, 1 = 15 (7d3)

>>37869348
Rollan
>>
>>37869356
[Levels increased by]
>Amity Accord 2
>Flash Point 3
>Grease Can 2
>Long Ranger 2
>Shady Days 2
>Flicker Switch 3
>Damsel Distress 1
>>
>>37869335
Yeah I meant specifically the "be with your buddy at all times always" is not a good idea.
Having a buddy assigned to do stuff with isn't a bad idea, I agree.
>>
>>37869335
Until you can verify it's viability with real life examples, I'll have to agree with the other anon. We should hold off on the battle buddy system until we've ironed out the details.

>>37868999
Damsel can and will teach you how to preen your wings after today's training has been complete. If you're uncomfortable with her getting hooves on with you, she can tell you what to do, then you can preen in some place secluded. You'll thank her later since it will help with future disguises.
>Damsel: "And your wings insults my eyes and it makes me angry pegasi have beautiful wings then they don't look after them."
Just take the compliment Shady.

After we've drilled people the ways of gun safety, I want Ranger to go over everything he knows about gun safety, and how to use guns with us. We Anons may have an encyclopedia for a brain, but sometimes it's best to have a secondary demonstration. I would also like Ranger to correct and comment on anything we might be doing wrong.

Fun little note, but the steel plate on the butt of your M1's? That's for smashing and clubbing people with. You hold the rifle by it's barrel and go swimming when people are too close or you're out of ammo. Speaking of ammo....did you girls get all the guns listed off yesterday? If not, could you finish that after we've finished training? Also If we can't get any food from command, who has any objections over eating yucca a cactus fruits?
>>
>>37869365
This >>37869369
am a slow poster.
>>
>>37869365
What have you done wrong, Damsel, and how can you help us learn from your mistakes?
>>
>>37869385
She got scared by the noise and started crying.
>>
>>37869391
Oy vey, she got PTSD. Honestly I'm happy she's making progress even if it's by inches. It means she's trying. Also RNG is a bitch.

>>37869348
Nicely done Flicker, it looks like you got your second wind. You may need some improvement with your fitness, but it looks like your electronics engineer translates well to firearms. Maybe with some luck you'll be the first mare to create a functional railgun- if none of you know what it is, a railgun is essentially an electric powered projectile weapon that fires solid metal slugs at mach something, I think 8. Pretty much it's theoretically possibly to intercept missiles, atomic bombs, warships, and other dangerous things from a stupidly far distance. And I mean stupid far. It's still a work in development and infantry portable ones are still a dream of the future. They can in theory work, but they're weak as hell, pull the damage to the barrel of the large railgun are still an issue due to the heat and electricity.
>>
>>37869391
I mean, who wouldn't? Guns are irritating. Not as irritating as children or tiny dogs, but, they're like otherwise good friends who may waltz into your place unannounced at 3 am just to vomit and fall asleep.
>>
Should we participate in training? It probably doesn't fit with the whole drill instructor theme and all, but we also just got here and only rolled middling physical stats. And I for one don't know how to shoot a gun.
>>
>>37869635
>>37869365
I was hoping we would get to roll for gains or get a flat bonus for helping them train, something to improve our Skill and Strength with. You know since we should had been excircising with them and teaching them how to use a gun?
>>
>>37869635
>>37869668
On one hand yes, on the other hand we use LASS and level up through that.
I don't disagree that training might be useful, but if we get "free" levels up on LASS every day that could become super OP, considering we're only supposed to level up occasionally. Conversely, not actually participating in training doesn't leave us crippled since we already have decent dice and we have the ability to level up normally unlike our squadmates.
>>
>>37869895
I didn't intend to use training to level up LASS anyways, but good point. Still I think that for a small squad of rejects like ours it might be positive for morale if we participated in training like everyone else. Especially since half of the squad knows that we're as clueless as them anyways and the other half will probably have figured that out soon as well.
>>
>>37869943
Yeah that's a very good point, definitely. Agreed.
I wonder if we could provide bonuses to our team training? For example, by participating in exercises we understand them better, and then we can help our team better. Or we can lead by example.

Though on the other hand if we're busy performing the exercises we would not be available to instruct them during exercise, so it might be less effective. Still, that assumes we are even competent enough to actually function as a physical instructor/trainier at all, so maybe learning to exercise first would not be a bad idea.
>>
>>37869951
lead by example
we're fucked aren't we...
>>
File: 1445291391158.png (108 KB, 504x566)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>37869391
>>37869418
The brass casings flew past her face. The smell of sulfur left her confused and disoriented. The explosion, loud like a bomb, left her with a case of temporary PTSD!
>>
>>37869365
Damsel? What can you tell me about your family? How influential are they? If you're still not digging the military life style, perhaps you could convince them to possibly maaaaaybeeee send some care packages our way? Some raw bits to do more construction work, or canned goods are always a plus. As you can tell we're still a work in progress. We've put in some orders to hopefully improve the quality odds life here, in addition to requisition additional supplies to command later in the day, but if we cant get some things then you know. Donations are appreciated. I hope you like eating hay for several consecutive days.

Hey Shady. So you're a comms expert. You think you can contact any changeling splinter cells or somethings? Ya know maybe tell us if they notice the jew birds doing anything fishy? Maybe we could give you're people the gryphons as slaves in exchange if we manage to capture any? Oh better yet, maybe you can send a changeling our way to shapeshift into a Griffin so we can get some real first hoof experience on how to fight jew birds in close quarters combat. Oh and maybe ask them to send the other Shady Days back round here.

Soooo FP your date later tonight. I know this is probably inappropriate to ask, but do you think when you meet up with Hardwood later in the day, could you ask him about what deals he wants to make in addition to a military contract?
>>
>>37870855
>>37870855
Dude we've known most of these fillies for like two hours. We're basically complete strangers. Don't immediately try to exploit them for their connections.
With Princess, we're trying to teach her that connections *aren't* everything. We certainly don't want to end up owing her any favours, that would compromise our position as her commander.
With Nympho, she's just another soldier like us. I'm sure if she had any contacts, the Equestrian army has already asked about them and is currently using them. It's not her job to requisition new recruits, nor is it our job to handle intelligence. And just because a changeling can turn into a grif doesn't mean they know how to fight like one.
With Pointy: yes, it is inappropriate to ask. This is a private rendezvous. If we have official requests we can send them through official channels. Don't sabotage our girl's evening.
>>
>>37870914
Yeah your probably right. Trying to do too many things at once, asking too much out of people.
Think we could at least acquisition additional goods from command if we actually manage to successfully capture some Griffins?

>>37869365
Amity, Grease, and Pointy have been working here for longer than us. Do they know who've in change of the oil operations in the region? Where all the oil wells are?
>>
>>37870914
Basically this
>>37870855
Please do not say this
>>
>>37868999
Where have you learned this trick with M1, Amity? Have you used them before?
>>
>>37868999
>having it shouldered for a second to fire is a headache."
That actually sounds absolutely terrible, especially in combat. Seems like something you might do to civilian guns which are only available to use in a shooting range or something.
I would honestly endorse the duct tape solution.
>>
File: 98.jpg (231 KB, 1280x720)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>37869385
>Damsel: "I'm sure, get better guns maybe?"
>>37869411
>Flicker: "I think I've gotten the hang of it...You see railguns in those sci-fi comics...I don't think they are possible without the use of magic, just generating over one gigawatt output would be a tremendous task."
>>37871300
>Amity: "You pick things up when you listen over the radio."

>FP: "Are we done here Anon?"
>>
>>37871390
The beautiful thing about getting up early is all this time we have. My guess is it’s around 8-9 in the morning and look at all we’ve done so far.

I want everyone to grab a canteen of water; we’re gonna go for a run to the lake where the tank is. Once there, we will practice hoof to hoof combat for an hour. Then we will run back and have lunch. After that, the training part of today will be over, and it will be time for chores around the base, then some downtime for yourselves before dinner.
>>
>>37871390
We'll see about it, Damsel. I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for opportunities to capture griffin rifles. Or their tanks. Or their fuel, or their money, or their women.
By the way, how much is known about their weaponry? What small arms and what machines do griffins use? Do they suffer from ridiculous safety contraptions too? Are there other technical pecularities of tactical significance that we all should be aware of? Amity, what will you say? 41216, I know your information should be outdated by now, but we'll take anything you can share anyway.
>>37871428
You think we should skip tank training? It's kinda important.
>>
>>37871466
Oh yeah. We’ll do that after lunch then.
>>
>>37871390
We're done for now. Time for a break.
>>
>>37871390
I'd kill for a watch right now. We're done with gun training for now, but we still need to go through weapon maintenance and how to unjam your rifle.
We also need to go through tank crew practice, and CQC, but right now we can all take a fifteen minute break.

Turn around to see the progress of the construction crew.

>>37871428
We dont need to jog all the way there.

>>37871478
It's not even lunch yet. Ain't it only 9 am or something?
>>
>>37872020
It’s 9 AM now. I was suggesting that we run to the lake and do hoof to hoof there, then run back. That’ll take about three hours or so. Then we come back eat lunch, work on tanks, then assign base chores before giving them some free time before dinner.

And we should jog because if you’re not doing cardio you’re doing it wrong
>>
>>37872092
We already did cardio a while ago, we're done with that for the day, and theres no explicit reason to do it all the way at the oasis....unless we all need a bath.
This was why I wanted to carry buckets to the oasis, so we can collect the water and bring it back to base for either bathing, cooking, or cleaning.

>>37871390
OP how far is the oasis by hoof? You never got back to us about the price difference between regular diesel VS biodiesel. It be nice to figure out which is cheaper to make/buy in bulk.
>>
File: 99.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>37871428
>>37871490
>>37872020
>You let your troops take five to give them a chance to get their canteens.
>They all start to relax and get their canteens.
>As your troops talk among each other you turn around to see the barracks nearly built.
>Though you don't see any builder ponies, you guess they are inside, finishing up in interior as you can hear hammering.
>A voice snaps you from your thoughts.
>Amity: "Hey Anon...I just want to say thanks for turning this base around within such short amount of time."
>>
>>37872175
Naw, thank you, Amity. You're a serious mare when you need to be. When we all need you to be. I'm glad to have you here with me. You're good ponies. try not to sound too mushy though, not supposed to fraternize like that
>>
>>37872175
Least we can do. With the enemy of our doorstep peak condition is really the only thing we can do go guarantee our survival. And a good base is the basis of getting into peak condition.
I've only known you guys for what, a day? But like heck I'm gonna let any of you fall in battle. That and we'll show command that this merry band of outcasts isn't the bunch of losers they thought we are
>>
>>37872175
JESUS FUCK! Wow they work fast! Huh?- oh no problem Amity. Nothing a little luck, duct tape, and super glue can't fix. It's not like you all needed me persay, just a little push in the right direction.
Wait. Are those asphalt shingles? Ah hell yeah I love those! You can climb up to the top of those to stargaze!
>>
>>37872175
I've got the reach and the teeth of a killin' machine
With a need to bleed you when the light goes green
Best believe, I'm in a zone to be
From my Yin to my Yang to my Yang Tze
Put a grin on my chin when you come to me
'Cuz I'll win, I'm one-of-a-kind and I'll bring death
To the place you're about to be
Another river of blood runnin' under my feet
Forged in a fire lit long ago, stand next to me
You'll never stand alone
I'm last to leave, but the first to go
Lord, make me dead before you make me old
I feed on the fear of the devil inside of the
Enemy faces in my sights
Aim with the hand, shoot with the mind
Kill with a heart like arctic ice

Boop the cute mare
>>
>>37872175
It's very nice working in an environment where the higher ups don't immediately either undo your work or claim it as their own.
Boop.
>>
>>37872168
We go to the oasis because we can do mudcrawls there :D

>>37872175
It's not like the base was out of shape or anything. It just needed the proper motivation. Don't thank us yet though, we're still a ways off from where we need to be.

But I am curious. Tell me what you think of everyone here. Us included.
>>
>>37872175
Don't thank us yet, we've barely entered the turn. We'll need to stick to it for a while and have no major interruptions before the wheels are able to turn on their own. Also we really need to get proper supplies from command, because I don't think we can feed 7 ponies and some tanks and maintain a base just off our pay and Salesy's contacts. Especially if we actually have to move out.
But thanks for your support, Amity, and you're welcome.
That reminds me, we need to get that radio antenna extended so we can listen to the news twice a day to keep up with any major developments. Something for Flicker to do later.
>>
File: 1000.png (1.36 MB, 1000x778)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>37872175
They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them and in the furnace of war I shall forge them. They shall be of iron will and steely sinew. In great armour I shall clad them and with the mightiest weapons shall they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight them. They shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines...and they shall know no fear.
https://youtu.be/e6c5RZL9Skw
>>
File: 100.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>37872211
>>37872212
>Amity: "Band of outcasts we are."
>>37872214
>Amity: "The stars are really something out here in the desert. I bet you'll catch FP up there."
>>37872225
>>37872456
>Amity: "For the glory of Equestria!"
>Amity laughs.
>>37872393
>Amity: "I do wonder what is happening over there."
>>
>>37872589
Let's check out inside the barracks and see what the construction ponies are up to. Hopefully they're not having a homosexual orgy inside.

Hey Amity, you think we got decent range for the portable radio, or do you think you could use Flicker's help to improve the range?
>>
>>37872589
Probably doesn't have insulation though. You don't set up a building that fast and have insulation. Gonna still need our pony piles, though at least we have beds now.
>>
>>37872636
Doesn't have windows either, so it's going to be dark in there.
Still better than a tent, though.
>>
>>37872589
>>Flicker: "I think I've gotten the hang of it...You see railguns in those sci-fi comics...I don't think they are possible without the use of magic, just generating over one gigawatt output would be a tremendous task."
This angers me. Yell this back in Flicker's direction.
>A railgun consists of two parallel metal rails hence the name. At one end, these rails are connected to an electrical power supply, to form the breech end of the gun. Then, if a conductive projectile is inserted between the rails, by insertion into the breech, it completes the circuit. Electrons flow from the negative terminal of the power supply up the negative rail, across the projectile, and down the positive rail, back to the power supply.

>This current makes the railgun behave as an electromagnet, creating a magnetic field inside the loop formed by the length of the rails up to the position of the armature. In accordance with the right-hoof rule, the magnetic field circulates around each conductor. Since the current is in the opposite direction along each rail, the net magnetic field between the rails (B) is directed at right angles to the plane formed by the central axes of the rails and the armature. In combination to all with the current (I) in the armature, this produces a Lorentz force which accelerates the projectile along the rails, always out of the loop regardless of supply polarity and away from the power supply, towards the muzzle end of the rails. There are also Lorentz forces acting on the rails and attempting to push them apart, but since the rails are mounted firmly, they cannot move.

>By definition, if a current of one ampere flows in a pair of ideal infinitely long parallel conductors that are separated by a distance of one meter, then the magnitude of the force on each meter of those conductors will be exactly 0.2 micro-newtons. Furthermore, in general, the force will be proportional to the square of the magnitude of the current and inversely proportional to the distance between the conductors. It also follows that, for railguns with projectile masses of a few kg and barrel lengths of a few m, very large currents will be required to accelerate projectiles to velocities of the order of 1000 m/s.

>A very large power supply, providing on the order of one million amperes of current, will create a tremendous force on the projectile, accelerating it to a speed of many kilometres per second (km/s).

THE GENERATION OF ONE GIGAWATT OF POWER IS NOT THE PROBLEM YOU PLEB! ITS THE DURABILITY OF OF THE BARREL AND DAMAGE DONE TO IT FROM THE HEAT!
>>
File: 101.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>37872600
>Amity: "I guess we can wire something up in the barracks. I think the roof is high enough for an antenna of some sort..."
>You start walking towards the barracks.
>>37872636
>Amity: "Beggars can't be choosers. Besides, sleeping by myself will be odd since I've been sleeping in a pile for so long."
>>37872659
>Flicker comes trotting over to you.
>Flicker: "Sorry sir, I didn't realize knowing the ins and outs of a fictional weapon was part of the requirements for the army."
>She smirks.
>Flicker: "I'm not quite skilled in weaponry manufacturing, but it does sound as useless and deadly as alternating current...Sir."
>>
>>37872731
Flicker I swear to Celestia's white wonder winker I will build a railgun one day just to spite you. Those bad body can travel up to 3km/s, and they're only "fictonal" so the masses and other nations dont realize it's a real thing. Do not make me marines copy+paste you. You cannot possibly fathom how autistically focus I can get when I want to achieve a goal.
Now if I can just figure out how magic works too. Anyways, inside! Barracks! Cave explorers a go!
>>
>>37872731
W-Well it might be to cold for that maybe we can double up and have 2 to a bed. For warmth.
>>
>>37872731
Everything is a weapon if you know how to properly abuse it, Flicker. Learning the ins and outs of all things, fictional or otherwise, gives you insight that can very well save your life one day. A smart soldier is a good soldier.

>>37872643
That's fine. That means its a good place to practice night fighting. Though that'll have to wait until tomorrow.
>>
>>37872731
Hey now don't diss AC. AC-AC transformers to increase voltage for long distance transfer are a lot easier to make than DC-DC transformers that do the same.
Anyhow, you think you can improve our radio reception here? Like, calculate the optimal size for a half dipole antenna and build one on the roof if nothing else. Or just set up a wire antenna.
>>
>>37872774
And AC-DC is a neat band.
>>
I honestly hate like half the anons here. We're in a fucking rundown shitshack of a military camp and trying to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps, organise a functional military base from nothing with no funding and support basically. We get a team of misfit recruits and the first thing we start yelling at the engineer, mere hours after they arrive at camp, is that we want a railgun.

Like holy fuck. I get that we're unhinged because there's a lot of us, but can we not be so EXTREMELY autistic? Back when we were ghost hunting sure there were conflicting opinions on what to do at times but at least most everyone here knew how to act decently most of the time. But ever since we arrived here it feels like half of you fucks have zero context on the situation and just blurt out random inappropriate shit, from flirting with every single soldier under our command, yelling at soldiers for no reason, proposing inane plans without even giving anyone a chance to tell you to fuck off (muh "let's take our camp of 8 and pair everyone up and yell at them that they have to be together at all times no matter what, with some inane threats thrown in!"). And then this guy gets super autistic about a fucking railgun and yells at our engineer, right in the middle of PT and while we're trying organise the day so as to try to bring this camp to some semblance of military readiness. Fuck off, later when we have free time we could ask if there are magically enhanced materials with which we could build a railgun barrel and then if so propose solving the power generation problems to build a functioning one. It won't be an excuse to yell at our engineer then any more than now, and right now we have much more important stuff to focus on than that.

I fucking hate you fucks.
>>
>>37872731
Hey Flicker, while you're here, I've got a question for you. The base is only equipped with a dinky little pocket radio, so we were considering building a larger antenna to extend the range. As the resident electrical engineer, what are your thoughts?
>>
>>37872812
First of all, use spoilers when discussing meta stuff.

Secondly, I can't disagree with a lot of what you're saying here. I think a lot of it stems from the conflict between Anons who are trying to be an authoritative commanding officer, Anons who aren't taking things super seriously and are flirting and memeing, Anons who are hyperautistic and make elaborate plans and the like. And there's also Anons like you who seem to take things even more seriously and get super assblasted. Yeah, some Anons here could learn a thing or two about timing, but it's not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. Reread >>37872731. Does Flicker look like she's been insulted? Are you unfamiliar with ribbing and talking shit? Calm the fuck down dude.
>>
>>37872731
I hope they're going to install windows. I'd hate to have griffins sneak up on us. Do you girls thing it would be a good idea to line of the lower walls of the building with sandbags?

>>37872812
>but can we not be so EXTREMELY autistic?
lmao no. Don't you know that our highest attribute in the LASS system is autism? A whopping 1d13. We can even be more autistic if we need to be.
There's no stopping the autism train friend. Live with it, accept that it's inevitable, or leave.
>>
>>37872812
So this is the power of autism
>>37872731
I just realized you're a ginger and I respect your good taste in electric over magical. Also for cuddlepile arrangements which buck is getting put on the very bottom? I think it should be us because it seems demeaning to put the smaller guy on the bottom, but I also don't want to wake up to a cock on my ass.
>>
>>37872868
>but I also don't want to wake up to a cock on my ass.
Just sleep in a 69 position then, problem solved
>>
>>37872868
We sleep side by side with Ranger, I would imagine.
>>
File: Wink.jpg (5 KB, 300x180)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>37872869
better yet we sleep belly to belly, that way neither of us are gay.
>>37872873
>sleeping next to another stallion
anon that's fucking gay you homo
>>
>>37872877
No, cause there's 6 mares and two stallions, that's not homo
>>
>>37872812
i don't know if you are stupid or new here but we are (in context) autistic and schizophrenic, telling other anons what to do and what not to do will only amplify their austism . So why don't you shut up and let OP get frustrated on the autistic replies. Also there's a fucking austism level.
>>
>>37872868
We'll be laying down side by side with him. We shant allow any of these succubi to steal Ranger's seed!

>>37872877
anon please! he's barely 18! Do lot let your homo chemicals cloud your mind! We must protect his innocence!
>>
>>37872916
It's not homo if it's two horsecocks touching
>>
>>37872916
Agreed. When we survive this war, we’re gonna have to use our skills from Fatelocked to show Ranger how to lay that pipe right during our celebratory unit orgy
>>
>>37872869
then how would we kiss him?
>>37872873
>>37872916
>>37872879
Laying with another ma-stallion is homosex anon, what you gonna try to hold his hoof next too, you creature.
>>
>>37872946
>then how would we kiss him?
With our lips, it still works just fine in 69 position
>>
>>37872954
>kissing without lookin into each other's eyes
holy shit anon your a fucking monster.
>>
>>37872812
>can we not be so EXTREMELY autistic?
You first, champ.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

Rollan to banish the gay thoughts
>>
File: 3yoxeyzh32541.jpg (112 KB, 1080x1182)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>37872731
Heads up girls, Salsey said she would be sending a "special supplier" our way either today or some days later. If I can help it, I'll see if we can get our hooves on some .458 Winchester Magnum's for our M1's, maybe even some rails to attach scopes to them. Do we have any pistols?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Garand
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.458_Winchester_Magnum

>>37872954
>>37872976
please stop being gay to our now adoptive brother/son.
>>
>>37872989
You half succeed.
>>
>>37873002
>458 Winchester
we're hunting turkey not buffalo, that's seems like an incredibly expensive undertaking to replace all our service rifles. Besides we're an armored division if we're firing rifles at them we've completely fucked ourselves.
>>
>>37873233
It'll be useful for scenarios when we're ill afforded the comforts of a tank, like say if we're attacked before we get the opportunity to get within the safety of a tank, or need to aim into the air when the gryphons are flying. Some of the tank guns probably can't be angled very high.
I don't think we need to replace our service rifles. Can we not simple use the magnums? Would they not fit inside the M1 garands? I see nothing that says they won't fit.
It's always better to be safe than sorry.
>>
File: first_time.jpg (50 KB, 674x448)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>37872731
>Haydisondyke
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Watch your mouth, private, or I'll have Amity here court-martial you. Now where's my pigeon wife?

>>37872812
Pic related. At least we aren't constantly checking for fallen bits or trying to lick the fire. We haven't even lewded everyone yet.
>>
>>37872731
Gals im happy to be here with you , and i must apologize for some of the retardness that slips out
>give the two best pones a hug
Amity if you want a pony pile tonight, some of the others might not want to but come pile with me tonight
>>
File: file.png (1.47 MB, 723x1024)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
>>37873248
I sometimes forget that europeans have internet access in their villages. No anon. you cannot put a bullet into a gun that it isn't designed for without damaging either the gun, the user, or both. The M1 Garand was chambered for .30-06, though for some reason command sent us .308; whether that's their fuck up or they sent us some really weird rifles I don't know at the moment. Regardless of that 458 magnum wouldn't actually fit into the gun, the article you linked was specifically about a company retooling the entire gun, meaning entirely new parts, to fire this much larger round. 458 isn't a pony round it's for firing at african large game.
>>
>>37873328
>article
picture
>>
File: 1586648411784.png (405 KB, 1280x1186)
405 KB
405 KB PNG
>>37873328
>can't put wall punching bullets in our existing m1's
Feels bad man.

Actually, it was never explicitly explained to us that the m1's we have are chambered in .30-06. They might actually be chambered for .308. Are there any special variants of the .308?
>>
>>37872731
>>37873328
now that my gun autism has been perked can we actually check on that whole "getting a shipment of .308 for a bunch of m1's" thing. or did equestria get these rifles built for 308 for some ungodly reason.
>>
>>37872731
I feel the need to apologies on behalf of the other voices i share this head with.. don't take this personally we are trying
>>
>>37873362
>wall punching bullets
anon 30-06 and .308 are fairly ballistically similar and both have been shown to punch through 4 inches of concrete at 200 yards. I promise you we're fine when it comes to small arms.
>>
>>37873385
but big bullet = big ouchie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SajB5NbBiM
>>
>>37873398
the tank has the biggest bullet. Honestly the fact that these ponies all were issued full length riffles, including tank operators is insane. Hell the idea that we only have tanks and rifles means if some bird brain lands on the tank they're gonna have full liberty to just spray down into it. We could really do will some small carbines or pistols for the interior of the tanks, preferably something under 10 inches overall. How are we meant to run a tank crew, on-hoof escort, and logistics with 8 ponies!?
>>
>>37873419
radios built into the tanks? That's the reason why I wanted small arms too. Can't brink to bear your rifles fast enough if a gryphons land on top of the tank.
>>
>>37873419
Or bayonets. Then we can shout “fix bayonets” and it’ll be cool.
>>
File: 1456641701589.jpg (27 KB, 295x453)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>37873423
No i'm saying that the tank is incredibly vulnerable to griffin attacks without an on foot escort. The t-54 is a 4 pony operation, 3 if you really had to. Having an additional 4-6 ponies to provide security eats up the rest of our manpower. This isn't even accounting for the fact that we're running an Armored Division with only 1 tank and 9 personnel, are you sure we're a whole division and not like a platoon at the absolute stretch?
>>37872731
Actually what is our unit, like specifically? So this is why the other guys ran off, not because this place was seemed to be forgotten on the supply requests, but because we've been completely abandoned by the entirety of the equestrian military complex!
>>
>>37873506
We are the Reserves, weren’t you paying attention silly billy?
>>
>>37872731
Holy shit we should really get command's perspective on this unit and what it wants us to do. At least if we're given a task we'll know what we'll need to prepare for.
>>37873534
How big is the actual armored division and are we the entirety of the reserves? please by Allah say no
>>
>>37873558
Anon...
We are all there is.
>>
>>37873558
also command is ignoring us
>>
>>37873558
you really need to read the previous threads.

Do you guys think we could use autism 1d13 to build guns? I want to build a Trench gun loaded with bird shot.
>>
>>37873569
i did, i'm also stupid
>>
>>37873569
Anon, we are short on supplies and technology. The most our autism can do is probably make a sling, which isn't all that bad if you think about it. We can David and Goliath it.
>>
>>37873581
What I'm talking about is Ork magic levels of autism. Maybe if we level it up, we can build some gcgyver tier stuff. We've got 1kilo of abandoned tools and whatever Grease had beforehand. I'm being overly optimistic here, but I believe with enough welding and grit, we might be able to make "something." In WW2 Germany made lots of cheap steel pressed guns. If they can do it, then so can we. Hopefully. After that we can just shill some bits to buy some ammo instead of guns.
I'd also like to consider modify the exterior of the tanks including the interior. Here are some ideas I had
>AC unit
>camo paint over rust
>radio with antenna
>chains to minimize damage from RPG's
>exterior cameras
>deployable smoke screens
>>
>>37873600
We need a lot more autism for that level of shenanigans.
>>
>>37873617
then we better get more skilled and autistic.
>>
>>37872731
There's no rule that says we can't sleep in a pony pile. Might actually be better considering how cold the nights can get. On a side note, do we have any mattresses? I don't think a lumber company will supply us with beds.
>>
>>37873558
>FP: "It's you and a bunch of untrained, unsupplied mares! We suppose to be a division! Look at us! We're barely a unit!"
It looks like we are the whole division.
>what it wants us to do
Excellent question! Tell me, Internet, what divisions are and what do divisions do?
>A division contains all the arms and services needed for the independent conduct of military operations.
Sounds about right. We could only become more independent than we already are if they stopped supplying is completely.
>has 7,000 to 22,000 troops
Irrelevant formalities.
>Divisions perform major tactical operations for the corps and can conduct sustained battles and engagements.
And that's what we do. Simple as.
>>
>>37873363
Would also like to know. It's 50/50 whether command sent the wrong ammo or if Equestrian M1s are chambered in .308 for some reason. Would still technically work either way, but would likely cause feeding issues due to the shorter length of .308, among other issues
>>
>>37873880
forgot to add "If they aren't chambered in .308", whoops
>>
>>37873654
burn thje matresses for warmth
>>
>>37872731
Idea time. Do either of you know how I can get my hooves on a 3D printers? If I can't make guns and bombs from scrap and we run out of funds, what's to stop me from printing out all the parts I need to make them?
>>
>>37874349
Is this nigga serious?
>>
>>37874382
what's wrong with the idea?
>>
>>37874404
Sadly, 3d printers aren't magic build-everything machines:

-3d printers print one type of material. one type of plastic, one type of metal, etc. guns and bombs are more than just one type of material.
-printers arent free
-metal printers are even more expensive
-getting printers transported here isn't free
-guns are precision instruments. a generic printer wont have the precision needed
-you can't print explosives
-printers need power
-printers need raw materials
-printers need 3d files of the things they're going to print
-printers need someone who knows how to set them up and run them
-printers are slow
-even if you can print the individual parts, unless the final product is a single solid piece of material, then you need to assemble all the parts into the final product, which requires more time and tools and expertise
-also, printers probably dont exist in equestria

Someone who actually knows about printers can probably list a dozen more issues.
>>
>>37874621
I've used a 3d printer and, while I've never tried it myself (because >euro), apparently you can print pretty big chunks of guns. Designs are improving all the time, too.
A few parts HAVE to be metal, like the barrel and the chamber and hammer mechanisms etc. Unless you want a one-use gun, that's possible, but that's only really useful for terrorists/insurgents and obviously worthless for soldiers in a war. Otherwise, you use metal for the particularly stressed parts, and then you can print all the structural parts around those that actually make a gun into the shape of a gun instead of a barrel with a bullet inside. You can do this on most cheapo printers with decent enough precision if you treat them correctly, and "slow" just means "takes a few hours to manufacture a part" - which can be parallelised with multiple printers, and we don't need that many guns anyway.

BUT, yes, overall it's useless for our cases because we don't need that many guns and also we can bloody well get guns. Certainly more easily than we can get 3D printers.

Also bombs are mainly made of explosives as far as I'm aware. If we want to make IEDs a bottle will do fine. If we want to make "real" explosive like hoof grenades and stuff, those need actual metal shells. (And you're absolutely right about the price - metal printers are industrial machines and out of the question. As in, a plastic printer is $200 cheapo and $1000 for a "professional" one, a metal printer is gonna start like $50k for a cheapo.)
>>
File: 102.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>37872757
>>37872764
>>37872774
>>37872834
>Flicker: "I can probably wire something up in here, well on the roof to be exact. I just need some metal, some wire...And the radio of course. Oh! And if one of those tanks out front has a spare radio, I can use the parts to amplify the range."
>>37873365
>Amity: "It's alright, we all got our quirks...Except for for Flicker, you seem pretty normal, like a good cup of tea in the morning, I think we need somepony like you here."
>Flicker: "...I like putting the milk in first, then the teabag...If it goes cold then I warm it back up on the stove."
>Amity glares at Flicker.
>Flicker: "What?"
>Amity: "..."
>Flicker: "Are you okay?"
>Amity: "..You know what your are doing."
>Flicker: "Nothing, I can tell by your Trottenham accent there plenty of tea is consumed on this base."
>Amity narrows her eyes at her.

>As you enter the new barracks a few builder ponies push past you.
>?: "Ah you must be Anon."
>An aging stallion trots up to you.
>?: "What do you think? We need to head back to our depot, as we need more wood for the bed frames."
>>
>>37874660
Reheating tea is a bad idea.
Milk tea is fine though, you should try some Chai sometime, Amity. It's pretty good. Do have to heat the milk too though.

Building is pretty nice, you all work fast.
>>
>>37874660
Oh no he's cute. Back off Flicker we saw him first. Hes probably married anyways.
You're doing great work here. Are there plans for windows, or is that extra?
>>
DILF alert! Try not to spill to much spaghetti.
>>
>>37874660
Thanks for building up the barracks. By all means, dont let me keep you. We just wanted to take a look at the progress.

do you guys think making a coilgun for funsies is a bad idea?

>>37874643
How viable would it be to make our own C4?
>>
>>37874660
barracks seems fine in progress right now fella thanks

>boop Flicker
Amity you are right milk in tea is weird
> saddle up to her
look how about you and i organize this interior and talk to me about things that you like
>flash a smile
>>
can people not be ultra homogay, nor flirt with every single mare under our command at all times please

>>37874660
yes barracks are very good
looking forward to seeing them finished
>>
>>37874660
You wouldn't boil it, would you, Flick-Flick?
>beds
Hard pass.
>>
>>37874853
>can people not be ultra homogay, nor flirt with every single mare under our command at all times please
No promises, handsome.
>>
>>37874853
Yes and no.

>>37874854
We're going to need beds for when we want to take up early without waling everyone up all at once.
>>
>>37874881
It's the army, boy, everyone wakes up on a schedule bright and early
>>
>>37874660
>>37874854
>>37874863
>>37874881
As nice as a snugglepile is, depriving our troops of bedding because our schizophrenic shift between needing a hug and wanting to pork everything is rude, degrading, and possibly an abuse of authority.
>>
>>37874884
That's no excuse for having functional beds. Sleep on the dirty ground fucking sucks. That's not good for your back.
>>
>>37874887
>>37874890
>it's fine to flirt with every single mare AND stallion around us and make innuendos during every single conversation
>NOOOO WE CAN'T SLEEP IN A PONY PILE THAT'S INAPPROPRIATE
>>
>>37874894
>flirting with subordinates
>making them sleep on the floor because we're touch starved
Anon thats a retarded take even for us. At least get the beds in so ponies who don't want to sleep on the cold floor have the option.
>>
>>37874915
A big common bed then
>>
>>37874922
You know the answer is gonna be no
>>
File: sAVE Me.png (8 KB, 768x614)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>37874922
I just think it's mean to deny them personal beds. I don't wanna be mean bros.
>>
File: 104.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>37874680
>>37874783
>>37874820
>?: "Uhh..."
>Amity: "He has multiple personality disorder. I suggest just listening to the sane parts of what he says."
>?: "Oh...Uh, no problem, it's what we do. Sorry for the lack of windows, but they didn't come with the package the voucher promised. I suggest asking Hardwood if you want them...Anyway I need to get going, I got a busy day."
>Amity: "Thanks for the barracks!"
>>37874854
>>37874863
>>37874881
>>37874884
>>37874887
>>37874890
>>37874894
>>37874894
>>37874915
>>37874922
>>37874934
>>37874987
>The old stallion quietly leaves while you argue with yourself.
>Amity and Flicker laughs at you.
>>
>>37875123
>lip bite
>>
>>37875123
Oh hush now you silly mares. I suppose that's enough sight seeing for now. So long as this place keeps the wind out it'll do. Hopefully they'll add a door as well.

Alright back to the drills. I can teach CQC today unless anyone of you know some rudimentary techniques. I can try studying up some krav maga to teach later, but for now I can work on teaching everyone about weapon maintenance for our M1's, and then we can practice operating the tanks.
>>
>>37875123
Amity. I would like to discuss tactics with you later in regards to the gryphons. Where all targets of interests might be, where oil wells are located, how the griffins might approach the region, when and how they will attack. Things of that nature. Perhaps we can make a learning experience out of it with everyone. We should also look for this displaced tank command dropped off, so we'll need Shady to fly around to search for it.
>>
File: 2234847.png (80 KB, 890x643)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>37875123
>Amity and Flicker laughs at you.
>>
>>37875123
God they're cute. Wait did I say that outloud? Shit!
>spill spaghetti everywhere
>spilling out of your pockets
Y-you too!
>>
>>37875497
see this is the shit I'm talking about
>>
>>37875123
You may not believe in railguns, but what about coilguns?
>>
spoiler you discussion posts anons
>>
>>37874820
Depends on how quickly we want to get put on an FBI watchlist. Generally, explosives are surprisingly simple to make small-scale, and that's exactly what we need here, we're just outfitting a few ponies with grenades and/or det charges, not a whole army
>>
>>37875123
boop both mares
thats feels almost as good as snowpitties in the morning
>>
>>37875123
You girls have any idea how much a magical karaoke machine costs? I think songs and drinks would be good for morale.

>>37875658
Considering Shady is capable of flight, maybe we could have her air drop C4 on the enemies, or do as you suggested and create C4 grenades. Add it to the shopping list next time we see Salesy?

>>37875706
ha ha you fucking idiot
>>
>>37875738
Using plastic explosives to make grenades is a bit excessive, and somewhat impractical. Should probably keep C4 and the like to demolition and mines, and just make pipe bombs for grenades instead, much less resource and time intensive
>>
>>37875743
Or, y'know, just get them from Salesy's contact, if we don't feel like making anything
>>
>>37875743
good point. I don't expect us to do any structure demolitions anytime soon, and mines might be a good idea, but I worry someone might forget where the C4 mine is located and roll over it. Eh, better keep a block of danger playdoh just in case.

Now on to pipe bombs and other explosives I have no idea where to begin. Do you? Because I don't. What about making firebombs and molotovs?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQqvcqTbUKc
what about making this? How practical is this to aim in the viewing sight of a tank? Could it cause a panic?

>>37875745
things are generally cheaper if you make them yourselves, and I do not know how much money we have left on Salesy's tab. Mil-grade weapons typically ain't cheap unless they're kind of janky or surplus.
>>
>>37875760
I might still have a copy of an army Improvised Munitions Handbook somewhere around here, but for legal reasons, I do not condone actually using the information within in real life, only for making the invading changelings into soup. That being said, the manual should still be on public record, just find a PDF or something.
>>
>>37875767
But for molotovs and the like, glass bottle, gasoline, soap, tampon/rag, figure the rest out yourself, and welcome to an FBI watchlist
>>
>a tiny horse CYOA on an irelandian zoophile forum turns into an improvised weapon manufacturing workshop
>CIA's face when
>>
>>37875767
>>37875774
Here's hoping the QM lets us make improvised explosives and molotovs without going into great details about them. Just say that we buy what we need from Salesy and be done with it.

>>37875784
Pretty sure I turned my CIA agent into a furry with the amount of horse porn I fap too.
>>
>>37875803
How about chemical weapons by the way? There was some talk of mustard gas; do we wanna make gas grenades? What about stuff like nerve gas?
>>
>>37875819
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvnINFLO_9c
I don't know. I wasn't the one to suggest it.
>>
>>37875819
FP strongly discouraged us from that train of thought
>>
>>37875878
I read that as the opposite honestly
>>
We’re actually in a really funky position. We have the numbers disadvantage, which means our best chance of victory in combat is through guerilla tactics. But we also have loud, noisy, and powerful tanks, which makes it hard to play light and fast with camps. We are in the middle of a flat desert, which would be a good thing if we were more mobile, but we aren’t. That forces us to take a defensive position here. Since griffons can fly and have greater numbers, we should primarily focus on digging holes and ruts. This forces invading forces to divide and ground themselves, which when combined with the home field advantage means that we can more or less dictate the pace of battle. We should be building mines and pit traps to slow down any troops advancing on foot, while we can use the tanks to deal with heavy artillary from a distance, which brings me back to my suggestion to dig a trench for the tanks
>>
>>37875878
>>37875881
We can build some chemical weapons for emergencies.

>>37875885
digging tank sized trenches to protect the lower portions of the tank, while leaving the main gun of the tank more or less level with the ground? Sounds reasonable. We still need to stack sandbags against the barracks, create foxholes, and stack sandbags around those too.
>>
>>37875885
Honestly I thought, since we're reserves and all, that our main worry was deployment. Especially since the griffs are apparently on the other side of the world. If the war goes bad they'll take us and throw us across the world to be cannon fodder, and that's what I imagined we were preparing for.
Do we really need defensive fortifications in a desert on the wrong side of the map?
>>
>>37875903
This.
>>
>>37875903
Would still help to prepare weapons and equipment, at the very least for the experience and creative exercise, might help later down the line in a sticky situation
>>
>>37875913
True true
>>
>>37875903
>>37875910
The griffs are to the east of equestria, but there's theoretically nothing stopping them from traveling east around the globe until the hit the frontier, which is the west most part of Equestria. I'm worried they might try something with us.
>>
>>37875819
I doubt how effective it may be if you can't produce it in industrial quantities. Especially in a windy desert, the wind will carry your very first cloud to the town and you'll just end up killing Salesy. Gas may be good for small confined spaces, but so are flammable substances, and I can't think of a realistic situation where gas would be so much better than normal molotov as to justify additional challenges and risks. Main difference: fire goes upwards, most usable gases are heavy and go downwards. Do we have to fight diamond dogs?
>>37875885
We can become more mobile. For some time, at least. All it takes is the tank from the lake and some fuel.
>>
File: 105.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>37875720
>You boop both mares.
>>37875145
>Flicker: "I thought we were going for a run to the lake?"
>Amity: "Oasis-"
>Flicker: "Same difference."
>>37875335
>Amity: "Uh sure."
>>37875738
>Amity: "I'm not sure."
>>37875532
>Flicker: "Are you still going on about this - Sir?"
>Flicker sighs.
>Flicker: "If you're talking about coil guns I presume you mean a mass driver. In sci-fi comics ponies had hundreds of years to develop their technology. If you knew your history, we only had around fifty...Next, you'll be saying it's possible to create a sentiant machinical mare...Sorry Sir, but if you think all this stuff is real then I question your ability to lead."
>>
>>37875966
Let's pretend that I don't know my history. What happened fifty years ago? Didn't ponies use tools to fight since the stone age?
>>
>>37875966
That one faggot definitely cannot lead. He's the designated sci-fi autistic faggot.
I'm the designated faggot of telling him to shut the fuck up but it's not really working.
>>
>>37875966
Alright alright. If you're still hungry for some punishment we'll make a run to the lake with some empty buckets to collect water to water and cleaning. Amity do we have and lids for the buckets?
Aight lets grab the others and double time it. Oh and remind me to purchase a 12 gauge shotgun with a closed choker and some birdshot. I'd image flying gryhons would be lightly armored so they don't become flying bricks, which means they would largely be lightly armored. In addition to their wings being large targets for hundreds of metal pellets.

I shall not quit. I shall create a coil gun with spare parts just to show you they can work in practice. Mark my words Flicker, I will open your eyes to the posabilities.

>>37875951
gas weapons can travel some distance, but not that far. Eventually if it travels far enough it's effects will be too diminutive to kill and irritate. Besides that we don't necessarily know a lot to kill, unless you're holding out information on us and you've used this to kill before. Lets not look too deep between the details.
No diamond dogs, only griffins, but that's good to know if we have have to fight D-dog mercenaries.

because we would require two tanks to pull the oasis tank out, we would effectively have three functional tanks. All we would need to do is fill up the oasis tank with biodiesel and fix it's leakage issue. And the breaks.

>>37875990
Ignore this foul mouthed ruffian. He is mean and ill mannered.
>>
>>37875979
She's saying we only had fifty years to develop our technology. Presumably starting from hot air balloons and trains, to where we are now. That's honestly an impressive amount of development in such a short amount of time.

>>37875966
Is Twilight Sparkle a princess? I forgot my princess like I forget that I sometime wear my shirts backwards.
>>
File: 1635867843858.png (2.62 MB, 2116x1204)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB PNG
Starting from the order of top to bottom
>run to and around the oasis with buckets
>see if anyone can teach basic martial arts among us
>collect water from the oasis in buckets
>take a quick bath
>go back to camp to learn how to disassemble, clean, and unjam our guns
>practice tank operations
>go over tactics and strategies we can employee against the griffins.
>maybe do some test firing with the M1's if we have enough ammo and time
anyone have any alteration suggestions or things to add to our list of things to do today?
>>
>>37876002
shuteth thine cock holster about scifi garbage string chaser

Flicker a much better use of your talents when we have time is to inspect our recovery vehicle with Flashpoint and GreaseCan , we need to ensure we can pull that tracked vehicle out of the oasis..

Also Amity do you recall any intel about other creature activity in the our operational area?
>>
>>37876045
>shuteth thine cock holster about scifi garbage string chaser
>not wanting to build some experimental weapons to send to the Equestrian Military R&D department
>not wanting all those sweet sweet royalties and research grants
You do realize telling me to stop only makes me want to talk about it even more? Hobbyist make coilguns all the time to pop their glass bottles and balloons. What I want to do is collect some capacitors and make one that's at least stronger than your average air gun. I think with a little magic we can manage.
>>
>>37876051
See the issue is that it's impractical, expensive, and has no particular advantages over a normal gun.
And we have normal guns.
>>
>>37876052
It's a fun side project, it's not that expensive since Equestria hasn't suffered from inflation, and you can buy everything you need to make it. No gun making workshop or whatso ever.
>>
File: 106.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>37875979
>Flicker: "Is this a test? Alright. Before fifty years ago we didn't have telephones, radio, cinema, batteries...And a few other things. These come along due to Celestia's decree to modernize Equestria...Though once unicorns discovered most of these things can be manufactured using mana counterparts, magic won over electricity...Like I said before you mostly find it in the military."
>>37875990
>>37876002
>Flicker rolls her eyes.
>Flicker: "At least there is some part you are being sensible."
>>37876010
>Flicker: "No, she's the leader of the Elements. Common error though, since she spends so much time around the princesses. She might as well be an Alicorn."
>>37876045
>Amity: "It's all Earth Ponies, Bufflo and the odd changeling around these parts."
>>37876002
>Amity: "I'll check."
>Amity runs off to get the buckets while you call in the others.
>>
>>37876236
To the sci-fi autist anon, assume that we're at WWII level tech.
>>
>>37876236
SHADY! Can you sustain yourself on love songs? I can think of a few off the top of my head.
You think if I send a letter to princess Celestia she might recieve my letter Flicker? I'm still waiting on my Hearths warming tricycle.
>>
>>37876236
Buffalo's I understand because they're natives, and earth ponies because of settlers, but why changelings?

>>37876264
Shit. Well this complicate things. I'll chose to ignore you though until the QM outright tells me that's the case. I hope trench guns and its successors exist.
>>
>>37876236
So why did you choose to commit your life to something as exotic, underdeveloped and, in most cases, outright unpractical as electricity? Was it just risk taking behavior, or there's more?
>>37876267
I wonder if a month of regular therapeutic hugs would fix her transformation.
>>
>>37876283
hey why dont you ask flicker how we can get super powers next time, she would love that
>>
>>37876357
She just told us she was taking her degree back before it became irrelevant, and THEN magic won out and her degree turned out useless.
>>
>>37876365
Right, I'm retarded.
>>
File: 107.jpg (193 KB, 1280x720)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>37876283
>Amity didn't answer your question as she was just out of earshot, to hear you.
>>37876267
>The rest of the troops fall in.
>Shady: "I'm just here...Sir...Uh, simple hugs would do the trick."
>Flicker: "You're insane. Doesn't anypony here have a problem with this?"
>>37876357
>Flicker: "I told you why this morning! Don't you listen!?"
>FP: "...He's probably the third sane one here."
>Flicker: "What!?"
>Flash Point takes a drag of her cigarette
>FP: "If it isn't clear, we are all mostly unfit for the army. Look around we're all misfits."
>Flicker: "...I'm going to die..."
>FP: "Accepting you're cannon fodder is the first step."
>Flicker: "...But I scored high on the engineering exams!."
>FP: "So did Grease. But there must be something else you failed massively on."
>Flicker: "...Fitness."
>FP: "There you go. I do see a bit of pudge on that belly of yours. Are you a big eater?"
>Flicker: "This is getting personal."
>FP: "Thought so. You can only suck in your gut for so long."
>>
>>37876357
Dude the fuck? Way to rub salt in a wound. FFS thing about your words before you say it.

>>37876392
I think pudgy mares are cute, but not as cute as mares rocking SOLID HARD ABS! Let's get to roll.
Nonsense Shady you're getting the full anon package. Nothing like a night of wining and dining to solve your love problems. The singing and hugs are only a bonus.
>>
>>37876392
The fact that we have more personalities just makes sure all our plans are carefully triple-checked!
Or at least that's how it's supposed to work. Right now apparently half of us can't get lewd thoughts out of their heads and the other half can't agree on what the fuck being a "commander" even means, ranging from daydreaming about tinkering projects to yelling at everyone to arranging romantic dinners to improve troop morale.
To be completely honest this started off so well but I'm currently pretty annoyed at our commanding, too. One thing everyone here agrees on is that having any of us die would be very bad, but apparently not everyone is taking this seriously enough to focus on that.
>>
>>37876392
A bit of pudge is easy to fix. A lack of brain can't be fixed. I'll take a nerd over a musclehead any day. One of them can be trusted with complex tasks and independent problem solving, the other can't. Besides, a good brain is an immense force multiplier in battle.

Right-o. Next up, we'll take a look at the tanks form the inside and learn what's what and the positions that need to be manned.

>>37876431
The problem is too much freedom. Without any direction there's no agreement between us on where to go and what to do. There won't be a consensus because we can't even agree what we need to reach a consensus on.
That being said, fuck anyone who wants to turn this into USMIL simulator: pony edition.
>>
>>37876392
>simple hugs would do the trick
Good to know. Instead or pony food or as a supplement to it? How did you sustain yourself in the prison?
Let's hug the bug right now to find out early if it doesn't actually work, who knows what other systems inside of her may be damaged.
>>37876406
Sorry. [spoier]It's because of what Amity said: Flocco is way too normal, stable and competent. I can't help but look for the catch. Apparently, the catch was that she expects us to be stable and competent in return.[/spoier]
>>
>>37876392
Think of this as a chance to show those dumb brown nosers that we're more than just some rejects. We're the underdogs! We'll do better than any of those boring run of the mill soldiers! Now double time it fillies!
https://youtu.be/XK_RkH7aHb8

>>37876431
Lol gay faggot
>>
>>37876453
Aren't we going with this >>37876002 or this >>37876029 plan? The lake was next.
>>
>>37876462
We're in a relative sense sane enough with the mental acuity to be able to join the army, so that should mean something despite our medical condition.

>>37876477
Both plans look like the same thing.
>>
>>37876392
As long as she can fit in a tank, a little extra size isn't a bad thing, as long as they can still fit in a tank that is. Though, I doubt she'll keep it for long considering how lazy the military is about supplying us. Speaking about food, we should probably set up some kind of rotation for the chores around here at some point.
>>
File: 108.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>Amity Returns with the buckets tied to carrying poles.
>She gives each pony a set.
>Amity: "There. I couldn't find any lids."
>Damsel: "I'm glad these things are light...Do we need to carry our gun as well?"
>>37876473
>Your troops start moving towards the oasis.
[Roll dice+7d3]
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 3, 3, 1, 2, 1 = 13 (7d3)

>>37876562
Rollan
>>
>>37876562
Yes, carry your guns too.
>>
[Levels increased by]
>Amity Accord 2
>Flash Point 1
>Grease Can 3
>Long Ranger 3
>Shady Days 1
>Flicker Switch 2
>Damsel Distress 1
>>
>>37876562
You are personally responsible for your guns. Losing it or letting someone else carry it can result in penalties. If you misplace it you will not be getting a replacement.

>>37876583
I think Flash is feeling the effects of the cigs and the newbies are getting tired it seems.

Every one of these has been quite believable so far.
>>
>>37876562
No pain no gain ladies, no pain no gain. Feel the weakness of the flesh leave your body, let your labor strength your bodies.
good lord I think Grease Can has the highest score. She so stronk
>w-wew. Grease Stonk.
>>
>>37876602
The penalty with be a boop.

Ranger is doing pretty well. Did he do cross country in high school?
>>
>>37876606
You are correct, Amity and Ranger are tied for second place, one point lower.
>>
File: 109.jpg (208 KB, 1280x720)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>37876602
>You turn around.
>One by one your troops fall in.
>FP: "Slow and steady wins the race..."
>Shady: "...In hindsight, I should've flown..."
>Amity: "That was some distance Anon..."
>Flicker: "...You're not going make us haul back these buckets full of water are you?"
>Damsel: "My poor hooves...Carrying these guns is a stupid idea..."
>>37876602
>>37876606
>You hear a few more grumbles from the troops.
>>
>>37876643
Wait why are we not taking part in the training? It's both sorely needed and improves morale.
>>
>>37876643
No point in bringing buckets if we weren't going to fill them up. Shady, where are your buckets?
>>
>>37876643
412, where are your buckets?
>>
>>37876660
Yeah! I wanna get swol! Fill those buckets with water and I'll carry all of em back!
TIME TO GET SWOL! but first we'll take a water break when we get there.
>>
>>37876643
Keep it up Damsel. A strong body is a healthy body.
Nice pacing Grease, Ranger, Flicker.
Did anyone see if Shady have buckets? If not, you're gonna help my rifle.
Doin good Amity, FP. Couple more days and you'll barely feel the difference.

When we get there we'll take a water break, maybe a swim if you're that desperate too cool off. Then I'm gonna need someone to help stack water buckets on my back. Gonna get fuckin swol yo.
>>
This song goes out to you Willow. See you in eleven more months.
https://youtu.be/TnlPtaPxXfc
>>
>>37876643
Some of you seem to be under the impression we're in summer camp or something. No, we're in the millitary. We will in fact be filling up these buckets and carrying them back. And you will keep pushing on unless you collapse. But I know you can all do it, if you can manage to push through the pain and momentary tiredness - it's tiring but it's not THAT far, I don't expect anyone to collapse from exhaustion just yet.
Mind you, learning to push past your limits is a skill in and of itself. This is less about getting strong (though it's good exercise, for sure). Think of it also as training in getting tired. If someone DOES collapse, better they do so now than carrying a wounded ally under enemy fire.

>>37876660
This too, I sure hope we have buckets, right? Again, since we use LASS I don't expect to level up, but it's still definitely necessary for morale (pushing our troops while just strolling by casually carrying nothing would look horrible) and additionally water's useful too, so we should definitely be carrying our share.
>>
I feel like we're forgetting that the water is still covered in diesel here and I don't think we have pool noodles or something to make a temporary opening.
>>
>>37877120
It's not that bad, just don't drink it.
Going to use it for washing stuff, most likely.
>>
>>37877120
>>37877131
They've been literally drinking and bathing from the same source or water for a while now. The amount of diesel in the water is diluted enough that it doesnt kill the plants, and its relatively safe to drink from what I understand.

>>37876643
Amity, FP, Grease? Have you three been drinking from the same body of water you bathe in? Do you drink out of the oasis?
>>
>>37877178
>>37876643

i would drink the water that Amity washed with, hey Ranger you should probably do the same with Grease, FP you should bottle that stuff and get Hardwood to chug it.
>>
>>37876045
>string chaser
my sides
>>
>>37876643
While we're at the oasis, we should check out the tank situation. By the sounds of it, we'll need two tank crews to pull it out, so let's make sure we can actually reach it. Don't want to waste a second trip and a bunch of fuel coming back here later only for it to be a bust.
>>
>>37877574
I don't get it
>>
>>37877641
see end of previous CYOA
>>37877263
be quiet coombrain
>>
>>37877694
hey i made a promise to a mare about everyone cuming backside
>>
>>37878355
Shit, is that what we said? Well, I like to think I am a man, or pony, of my word.
>>
bump
>>
>>37877120
Pools closed from AIDS

>>37877263
Just, just stop being weird in front of the troops?

>>37877584
Doesnt look like it's super impossibly deep in the water.

>>37878355
>>37878368
No! Bad!
>>
File: 111.jpg (208 KB, 1280x720)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
Rolled 5 (1d8)

>>37877120
>>37877178
>Amity: "Yeah, but we use the buckets to fill the water then wash far away from the oasis."
>FP: "Plus we never drink the surface water if we can. Just dip the buckets in deeper as the diesel just floats on the top. That way it lessens the taste of fuel."
>>37877263
>A few of the troops laugh, while Flicker is growing ever more concerned along with Ranger.
>>37876661
>>37876662
>Shady: "Ah crud, I left them a couple of furlongs back..."
>>37876733
>>37876669
>Amity: "Alright...It's going to be heavy..."
>Your troops fill their buckets up then place them on your back.
>Damsel: "He's going to crumble..."
>FP: "Ten bits he pulls it off."
>Amity: "Alright, I'm in. I say he doesn't"
>Ranger: "Twenty bits say we have to drag him back to base."
>Amity laughs
>Amity: "Are you old enough to bet? But alright, I'll match you."
>FP: "Count me in too."
>Damsel: "Normally betting is beneath me, but I'm in too."

[Roll for holding the weight]
[Beat QM's roll for success]
Strength dice+1d11
>>
Rolled 7 (1d11)

>>37878965
Rollin
>>
>>37878980
ANON STRONG.
Let's see how the recruits handle it
>>
File: 112.jpg (209 KB, 1280x720)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>37878980
>Amity places the last carrying pole on your back.
>The weight seems manageable.
>You probably can carry this back to base.
>Ranger: "There goes my Bits..."
>FP: "Great...Uh Grease?"
>Grease: "..."
>FP: "You may want to lower that tail..."
>>37878985
>Damsel: "I'll think I'll pass."
>Shady: "Hey, if you haven't noticed, I don't have that Earth Pony strength of yours..."
>>
>>37878965
>>Shady: "Ah crud, I left them a couple of furlongs back..."
See normally I'd get her to run to fetch them because that's just terrible discipline, "forgetting" bloody buckets of all things seems to indicate she'll be liable to "forget" her gun in combat too.
But apparently we're not even doing endurance training for the troops, we're just showing off and making creepy jokes, so at this point I guess I'll just sit back and see where the autists want to take this instead of spending every update having heated arguments. There's clearly two different groups of players in this CYOA, those who want to take the setting seriously and those who want to shitpost to see the reactions of the mares, and I believe I'm in the minority so fair enough.
>>
>>37879040
lmao
xd even
>>37879037
we really need to get a well dug, your not gonna get 100% separation in still water and diesel poisoning is nasty stuff.
>>
>>37879066
>your not gonna get 100% separation in still water and diesel poisoning is nasty stuff.
Well all that tells me is we need to carbonate the oasis
>>
Stupid question: Has anyone tried to get rid of the fuel leak by setting fire to the oasis?
>>
>>37879144
It can but there are a multitude of problems with it; first of all it can be hard to catch fire as the water acts as a massive heatsink, there's also the fact that we'll need to corral the oil together to make sure we burn off as much as we can, also most burn estimates only a 90% clean up AT BEST over the coarse of multiple burns, lastly diesel smoke from a large fire like that is all kinds of toxic so some protective gear is a must have. We'd still need to filter the water but it'd clear the majority of the oil.
>>
>>37879290
gesundheit
>>
>>37879040
>>
>>37879040
And you will let the minoritarity stop you? Lmao, imagine being this much of a basic bitch.
>>37878965
I'd like to have a word with you in private, 41216.
>>
[spolier]i'm quite sick of the "subtle" jokes desu[/spoiler]
>>
>>37879037
Alright. A quick break, then we travel back to base. I think it's getting dark? I dunno, I'm bad at telling time.
Dont worry Shady, we'll swing on back to pick them up, and about you're strength? Its partially all in the mind. Give it a few more days and you'll be tossing boulders like their beach balls. Metaphorically.

>>37879066
Yeah, I hope Salsey delivers our goods soon.

>>37879067
No. We're digging a hole back at base with one of those narrow well pump systems so we can install a hoof cranked pump.

>>37879398
Can it wait until we're back at base?
>>
>>37879447
>Can it wait until we're back at base?
It is impossible to say. We barely know them. Why should it wait?
>>
>>37879037
I have my canteen on me. Is anyone currently dehydrated? Heat strokes are no jokes. Hey that kinda rhymed! But yes anyone thirsty?
Someone keep an eye out for Shady's buckets, and Shady I'll need your help locating our wayward talk later. After another break when we return, lunch, linner, or dinner. If it's too late we'll have to hold off on the tank crew exercises til tomorrow.
another chance for everyone to roll to level up when we return to camp?
>>
File: 113.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>37879482
>You offer your canteen to those who already drank their water.
>They all decline, as most have plenty left.
>>37879447
>The troops sigh with relief and relax around the oasis.
>>37879398
>You call Shady to one side.
>Shady: "Is there a problem Anon? I thought I already laid my cards on the table with you."
>>
>>37879485
Real talk. Does Damsel have the hots for you since she called your wing beautiful? While I cannot condon you to having sex with other soldiers, I would ask that you tie a sock or something to the barracks door if you do.
Did you really forget your buckets? I'm of the impression you purposefully left the buckets behind. How are you to be a big strong marely mare if you dont push yourself to you're limits? You cant serve your hive if you don't try to get shredded brah.
Can you at least find and grab the buckets and carrying pole on the way back?
Have you ever killed someone before?
Do you know any form of martial arts?

Take a swig from your own canteen. H Y D R A T I O N. Then eat some of the foliage off the ground. As a pony we can eat some floral stuffs, like weeds, grass, so on.
Boop her cute snoot!
>>
>>37879398
>>37879516
what is this autism
>>
Rolled 5 (1d13)

>>37879552
Let me check
>>
>>37879556
mediocre
>>
>>37879556
Jesus Christ it's not even at half power
>>
>>37879485
And so did I: I want to keep them alive. Back then things looked like we have a mutual understanding, but now I'm starting to wonder if this understanding is possible. Now, I'd understand it if you were to run away. I'd understand it if you decided to openly tell me to fuck off with buckets and exercises back at the base. I'd even understand it if you were to murder me in retaliation for some deeds of Equestrian army that I'll never know about. But what was the purpose of this silent sabotage? What lesson do you think is teaches them?
>>
>>37879562
This. Except it's not really sabotage, that's kinda harsh, more like insubordination or shirking of duties.
>>
>>37879485
>>37879516
>Does Damsel have the hots for you since she called your wing beautiful? While I cannot condon you to having sex with other soldiers, I would ask that you tie a sock or something to the barracks door if you do.
>Have you ever killed someone before
This really is like having an autistic brother who's way to handsy with houseguests except I'm also forced to do it too.
>>
>>37879562
Celestias cum inducing tight cunt. That seems like much. A lot of those are accusations. I was of the opinion she was a weak legged changeling skirting her gains for leg day. Plz no mean to buggo.
>>
>>37879568
I have to disagree. She has the moral right to shirk whatever, because she doesn't have any real duties here. She's not a real equestrian soldier, and neither is she planning to pretend to be one. But she is sabotaging the training, and, the long run, the service for the others.
>>
>>37879629
How is she sabotaging everyone else's training if shes the only one not carrying buckets?
>>
>>37879485
You might have already said this but why haven't you just made for the border? I'm not asking you to go, God above we need the ponypower, but you don't owe Equestria anything and this isn't exactly a good gig. I just want to know.
>>37879629
This is what I'm saying right. She doesn't have to be here and if she wants she can just leave. She not an Equestrian and has no duty to the nation just as the nation has no duty to her.
>>37879644
Her not doing the training and still being here is going to hurt morale. It's like having a group punishment but than picking one person out of the group to not do it; it will breed resentment amongst the others.
>>
>>37879644
Be honest with me, anon: are you a changeling or something? Is it a cultural thing? Something about having the hive mind backing you up at all times?
>>
>>37879651
This is only the first day, and I'm sure the moral problem isnt going to be a big issue tomorrow, but it is a good idea to question Shady about her unwillingness to get /fit/.
>>
>>37879516
This is the anon that will get us killed by jumping under a tank or something.
>>
So are we being tough military guys or lax "muh pretty mares" autists? Because if we want to be strict, then Shady should've had to run back to her buckets and back to the oasis, double time, as a consequence of her shirking. But if not then accusing her of sabotage is just ridiculous.
Either just leave her out of the training, or get her to train with everyone. And if we want her to train with everyone, the course of action isn't a sternly worded talking to, it's fucking training and discipline. Not "ok fine you didn't carry the buckets but in return we'll accuse you of sabotage", that's ridiculous.
>>
>>37879665
Whhhhhaaaaaat? Nooooo. It's not like I'm some sort of defective changeling only pretending to be a pony that quite his store management job after suffering nightmares of watching his fellow employees get trampled by black friday shoppers. Then drink the memories away several years later, only to turn his life around bu joining the Equestrian Army Mechanical Devision Reserves. Noooooo! That's nonsense! Changeling? Me? Get outta here.
>>
>>37879674
Thata because you're too much of a bitch to try and dead lift a tank. Real stallion lift up tanks while they're still in motion.

>>37879676
I'm of the impression we're a mix of kind strict, mostly autistic, and dad mode.
>>
i think we're getting the same problem as other "military roleplay" stuff. Autists taking it way too serious. Bros it's a lighthearted mostly slice of life kinda deal not your 7 month long table top ww1 campaign
>>
>>37879676
Every trick has its limited domain of applicability. With strict militaristic toughguyness, this domain mostly consists of suggestible teenagers and wimps of all ages. Shady doesn't look like either. But you can try to yell at her if you want to, it'll be entertaining to watch.
>>
>>37879698
We still basically have to deal with camp management, and we've been put in command. A modicum of seriousness is required if we want our "division" to go anywhere.
Contrast this to Fatelocked, for example: we didn't have to worry about organising or setting anything up, and unit atmosphere was super relaxed what with everypony drinking off the job and everything. We got serious when it was time to be serious (i.e. during missions) and messed around in the off time.
This is different in that there's no real "off time", we're commanding subordinates at all times basically. Maybe as a result, the serious people are trying to be serious all the time, and the autistic people are trying to be autistic all the time. And thus there's constant clashes, and also over a quarter of our recruits already think we're insane and are worried about interacting with us.
>>
>>37879714
It's not about yelling, it's about being strict. We can tell her that in a very quiet voice if you want, just matter of factly. Since she "dropped" them and is playing dumb, she should just go fetch them, and be more careful in the future, right?
Of course if she then disobeys direct orders, that's a different thing. Then we can handle that separately. But so far, she hasn't said "no fuck you I'm not under your command" a single time yet. She's playing along and participating. Does she want to keep playing along? Does she want to avoid getting kicked out? If so, then she'll be forced to obey and get some extra training. If not, then this will force the issue - and importantly, will make HER force the issue by directly disobeying an order, rather than having us "kick out the poor buggo" or something.

Point is it's her choice to obey or not, but so far she's pretending to be obedient while at the same time playing dumb. Treat her like she's presenting herself, like an inattentive, lazy soldier, and that will either force her to drop the act - or shape up. Win win either way.

And it's absolutely not about yelling at her to try to intimidate her, or anything. It's about giving a direct order.
>>
>>37879698
>>37879717
The problem is some anons want to play strict drill sergeant. The problem with that is we can't be as good friends to the ponies we're working with if we're drilling them hard. There also lies an issue with being too lax and friendly with them. We need to strike a balance between seriousness and not very seriousness.
Horse.

>>37879730
Pick up that can.
>>
>>37879730
>so far, she hasn't said "no fuck you I'm not under your command"
It kind of was the first thing she said. She was very clear about not being a soldier and, by extension, not feeling obliged to follow our orders. But I'll say it again: do try to be strict with her if you feel inspired to. There are at least two scenarios where it may be a great idea: if she did it because she deliberately wants to become an example and be publically disciplined to improve the morale, and if she forgot how to soldier and more or less consciously wants us to give her a little remainder. I'd prefer to talk with her normally and find our what's on her mind first, but guesswork works too. That's what it's called work, right? We even have some leverage if you want it: she seems to want to speak with the command about her situation and solve the problem in a civilized way rather than to try and sneak through the border like a petty thief, and we have the radio that she need for that.
And you know the best thing? I was trying my best to be tacit about it, but it's just too hilarious not to mention. Letting a known spy participate in our training or, even worse, giving access to our transmissions to a known spy, well, it's technically a treason on our part. She seems to nonchalantly expect us to continuously risk our freedom and life because of her problems.
>>
>>37879796
>That's what it's called work
"That's why it's called work."
>radio that she need
"Needs".
I swear, I'll cut off my fucking fingers one day if they'll keep doing that.
>>
>>37879796
I mean she was evasively talking about how ohh, she's not really meant to be here and all, but she's more or less been going along with playing as a soldier for now. If she was "very clear" about not being an Equestrian soldier, why is she even at the oasis anyway? This is a training exercise for our troops - is she also part of our troops then?
She's waffling. She's half-heartedly participating but kinda sorta not really, but not yet coming out and straight up saying she's not gonna participate. And so my intention so to make it clear, if she wants in then she puts in the effort, otherwise she's free to walk out.

>Letting a known spy participate in our training or, even worse, giving access to our transmissions to a known spy, well, it's technically a treason on our part.
She is extremely obviously a changeling, and she's making zero effort to hide the fact that she's a spy, and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she say she even tried to tell the higher ups it was a mistake and got sent here anyway?
Point is, she was assigned to us as a soldier. Knowingly and intentionally, by command up above. There's nothing treasonous about obeying command and training her, as ordered. If they didn't want a changeling spy to be trained maybe they shouldn't have PERFECTLY KNOWINGLY assigned a changeling spy - undisguised and physically UNABLE to disguise - as a recruit to be trained.
>>
>>37879485
Woosh! Here's your daily dose of love songs.
https://youtu.be/kvazBqAlx58
Put your head on my shoulder
Hold me in your arms, baby
Squeeze me oh-so-tight
Show me that you love me too
Put your lips next to mine, dear
Won't you kiss me once, baby?
Just a kiss goodnight, maybe
You and I will fall in love (you and I will fall in love)
People say that love's a game
A game you just can't win
If there's a way
I'll find it someday
And then this fool will rush in
Whisper in my ear, baby
Words I want to hear
Tell me, tell me that you love me too (tell me that you love me too)
Whisper in my ear, baby
Words I want to hear, baby
>>
>>37879485
can we roll skill or autism to sing?
>>
>>37879815
If the story she told us is true, then she must be here either because of the radio or because we asked her to help us prepare our troops for the war, but that's just a guess. All I can do is guess. Don't ask me, ask her. She's right there. Looking at you. Or is she? It's hard to say with her eyes.
It's merely a technical treason within the letter of the law, sure. But Shady is merely technically a soldier, and yet, she's right here, running with a rifle. I wouldn't expect the kafkian maremagnum of a bureaucratic system that sent her here to be more attentive to details with our case than it was with hers.
>>
>>37879869
You know, you make a good point. It's up to the QM to pick which of the conflicting responses to use as usual, but I can see the reasoning behind really having a conversation rather than acting antagonistically.
As long as we don't fucking accuse her of sabotage in a completely uncalled fashion.
>>
File: 114.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>37879516
>Shady: "What!? No, she's weird, and from what I can tell she's so full of herself. The only love I can feel from her is from herself...I'll keep that in mind."
>Shady frowns at your questions.
>Shady: "I'll keep an eye out...No. Changelings don't kill our food. Unfortunately, ponies don't love when dead...And yes I know combat."
>>37879562
>Shady: "Sabotage? Trust me, if I were sabotaging everything be gone by now. To add you'll be in a cocoon by now with me drain-"
>Shadys attention snaps to the distant desert.
>Shady: "A carpet bomb?"
>You look to your troops, they are happily chatting and relaxing.
>Turning back to Shady still staring off into the distance, growing increasingly worried.
>>
>>37879879
The blood god demands blood be spilt. What do your eyes and ears tell you? Anything near the town or base?
>>
>>37879879
>To add you'll be in a cocoon by now with me drain-"
Nice. Nice. Not gonna lie that sounds kinda hot, like bondage.
>>
>>37879879
>bomb
drop those buckets and get on back to base we gotta get the tank ready to roll out and see what that big boom was.
>>
>>37879903
Support. Inform everyone and double time it back to base.
>>
>>37879879
Just one? Doesn't make much sense. How far and in what direction?
Get back to the base. Pointy and Grease, start the T-34. Amity, show everyobody else (including us) where to get real ammo for the rifles. Does the gun on Zissy work?
>>
File: 115.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>37879887
>Shady: "...The main hive was hit..."
>>37879892
>Shady: "Shut it-I'm trying to listen...The hivemind has gone haywire."
>>37879903
>>37879912
>Shady: "...The main hive has been bombed..."
>The changeling gasps.
>Shady: "Cypermethrin?...Whats Cypermethrin! Anon, one of you please tell me what is Cypermethrin?!"
>>
>>37879948
It's a neurotoxin used on insects.
>>
>>37879948
Shady I'm so sorry. What do you mean main hive. You mean the one bordering the gryphons? Can you do anything to help them? Any refugees?
>>
>>37879948
Chemical warfare. No known antidote. Here's all I have:
>Wash skin with copious amounts of water for 10-15min.
>The skin irritation and paraethesia following dermal exposure is self-limiting and may be alleviated with topical vitamin E cream.
>Irrigate eyes with copious water.
>Administer activated charcoal within two hours of significant oral ingestions.
>Consider gastric lavage.
>>
>Pyrethroids are 2250 times more toxic to insects than mammals because insects have smaller body size, lower body temperature, and increased sodium channel sensitivity; so, insects are highly susceptible to these substances and experience massive nervous system stimulation
>>
>>37879948
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypermethrin
Exposure to sunlight, water and oxygen will accelerate its decomposition. Contact, inhalation, and ingestion may prove fatal if in excessive amounts.
Cypermethrin is deactivated by enzymatic hydrolysis to several carboxylic acid metabolites, which are eliminated in the urine.
Acquire environmental hazard suits, evacuate civilians to safer parts of the hive or out of it. The poison is probably heavy so it will stick closer to the ground. Elevated locations might be safe. Acquire medical assistance, gas masks. Failing to acquire gas masks tie wet masks to your face to breath through.

Who did it.
>>
>>37880005
This was only tested on small insects thankfully, not pony sized changelings. So hopefully they'll fair better. I think the attackers are racist.
>>
>>37879948
How far off is your hive? If we can drive there we can at least try to help.
>>37880006
I don't see equestria using gas attacks
>>
>>37880013
May they have means of speeding up the metabolism? How baths or something?
>>
>>37879948
Is you're queen okay?

>>37880017
We'd be fine with accepting civilians. It's not the the army will give a fuck about what we do around here. Shasy should probably ask if the Equestria government is willing to accept injured changelings or something.

>not the equestrians
FUCKING FILTHY PARASITE INFECT JEW BERDS!
>>
>>37880033
I'd suggest using some of their changeling goo to some capacity. Perhaps coating it all over their bodies if it can be made to be flexible enough to move in, and possibly all over their head if it can be made to be cloth like as an improvised gas mask.
>>
>>37880057
>The hivemind has gone haywire
>>
>>37879948
Tell me everything you can see if it works like that
>>
>>37879948
Hey wanna help us make sarin in revenge
>>
File: 116.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>37879949
>>37879960
>Shady: "...Why would they hit us!?"
>Shady starts to fly in the direction of her hive, after flying a few yards she drops down to the floor.
>>37880006
>Shady: "...It's too late. The nurseries are gone...They didn't stand a chance..."
>Amity: "Shady?"
>Shady: "...Others tell me you're a tactical mastermind, why would the Griffins attack the changeling lands?"
>Amity: "Huh? Hmm..."
>Amity thinks for a while.
>Amity: "Easy, to gain a hoofhold on the border of Equestria or to show their military might against Equestria. I guess after your failed invasion, it left your hive in a very weak position. Taking that it'll take a huge supply and logistical planning, I think it was a show of power...A warning if you will."
>>37880037
>Shady: "The Queen is barking orders over the hivemind... I'm to stay put and not to return, there's a massive evacuation going on."
>>37880017
>Shady: "It's about sixteen hundred furlongs south east."
>>37880068
>Shady: "I just hear the other changelings in my head, I don't see...But they are in a panic...They are fleeing the badlands..."
>Amity: "Oh...I get it. You're all fleeing to Equestria, that'll put massive distrust among the public once they learn about this...A whole country of paranoid ponies, now scared of griff' bombing and that their new neighbor could be a changeling...Clever...Now it all would take one false move from Celestia and Luna that'll cause a war between the fleeing changelings and Equestrians..."
>Shady: "So we were nothing more than pawns!?"
>Amity: "Seems so. I have to admit, whoever planned this has my credit..."
>>
>>37880093
>one false move from Celestia and Luna that'll cause a war between the fleeing changelings and Equestrians
Or they've just incentivized a massive influx of support. The bird brains just Pearl Harbor'd a neutral faction. We need to get a message up the command line we're probably the first people hearing about this and since they won't pick up the radio we'll need to send a runner or a letter.
>>
>>37880093
Go over to shady in case she needs a hug.
Everybody else, get ready, we need to get back to base.
>>
>>37880093
Better yet, the ponies and the changelings now have a common enemy to unite against.
>>
>>37880093
>>37880113
I wonder if Damsel has something like a hidden satellite phone for contacting her family in case of emergency.
>>
>>37880126
This.
>>
>>37880093
the griffins? Greed, superiority, Imperialism, world domination, self feeling of being the master race. Some shit like that.

Lets imform command of Amity's hypothesis, and tell them the changeling news. We won't fall for the jew birds's ploy. DOUBLE TIME IT BACK TO BASE YOU MARES!
I guess we can still run with the buckets on our back.
>>
>>37880126
this. Hug Shady. We care.
>>
>>37880093
Holy shiet, Real shady is probably dead right now.
>>
>>37880149
She's 2250 times less sensitive to the poison than the bugs, she's probably saving changelings left and right like some kind of a hero as we speak.
>>
>>37880093
We need to get this intel to command before any of those aforementioned mistakes are made. We might be able to invert their plan and unite with the refugees against them.
>>
>>37880093
>>37880126
https://youtu.be/FRLKS6nK0l8
Don't be sad Nymph, please. It breaks my heart when I see you so sad.
>>
>>37880093
this hatred for griffons will make alumx sad
>>
>>37880093
The bug needs a hug
>>
File: 117.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>37880126
>>37880137
>>37880148
>>37880202
>>37880215
>You walk up to Shady and give her a quick hug.
>She looks up at you wide-eyed as you take a step back.
>>37880149
>>37880158
>Shady: "Saying that, the Queen is ordering changelings not to attack the pony flying in and out of the hive...I bet that's her..."
>>37880128
>Shady: "Maybe..."
>The other troops who seem to be listening in surround her.
>Flicker: "...This is awful..."
>Grease: "...I'm going to make sure those tanks turrets give out an extra kick for this..."
>FP: "With an extra boom too."
>Shady: "You all hardly know me..."
>FP: "Chemical weapons against changeling or pony civilians crosses the line in my book."
>The rest of the troops nod in agreeance except for Amity.
>>37880146
>>37880173
>Everyone gives a 'Yes sir' and starts a quick march back to base carrying their rifles and buckets of water.
[The ponies are in "double time", any more training after this will result in low-level scores and low morale.]
[Roll dice+7d5]
>>
>>37880211
I guess he should stop being a furry then
>>
>>37880217
>"Chemical weapons against changeling or pony civilians crosses the line in my book."
Well I'm glad to hear FP's stance on chemical weapons against griffon civilians!
>>
Rolled 1, 4, 1, 3, 3, 1, 5 = 18 (7d5)

>>37880217
Ok, let's see roll
>>
>>37880233
Damsel, wtf? This dice is frighteningly accurate.....
>>
>>37880233
>Amity Accord 1
>Flash Point 4
>Grease Can 1
>Long Ranger 3
>Shady Days 3
>Flicker Switch 1
>Damsel Distress 5
>>
>>37880270
I think there's a typo on grease cans level
>>
>>37880282
Good catch, fixed.
>>
>>37880217
Don't forget to pick up her buckets on the way back.
>>
File: 119.jpg (154 KB, 1280x720)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>37880233
>You all make it back to base.
>Your troops are sweating from the midday sun.
>Placing the buckets by the new barracks they take cover in the shade from the hot sun.
>FP: "Come on Amity!"
>Amity: "Sorry, I was thinking."
>Amity runs past and darts towards the tank by the barracks.
>Amity: "I'm contacting command!"

>Shady: "...Thanks for picking up my buckets on the way back Damsel..."
>Damsel: "Ugh, I was watching those things rub against your wings on the way there. How can I stand by and watch more feathers be destroyed..."
>Shady thinks for a moment, she looks at you then back to Damsel.
>Shady: "You know I'm a nymph right? - A female changeling?"
>Damsel: "What!? Don't be so idiotic, bug. I not after your marehood!..."
>Damsel's voice softens.
>Damsel: "I don't like seeing ponies not looking after themselves alright..."
>Shady: "I'm not a pony."
>Damsel: "And why do I care?..."
>Damsel smiles.
>Shady smiles back.
>>
>>37880352
Awww, wholesome.
>>
>>37880352
Go with Amity to make sure she is being professional on the radio. Get across all we discussed at the oasis.
>>
>>37880352
Alright training is over for the day ponies. Keep us up to date with the changeling hives Shady. If you need anymore advice we Anons are all ears. If you're still wonder why we would help, something something friendship is magic and you're not so bad.

Lets go after Amity so we can put in the rest of the things we want to requite through command.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d11)

>>37880352
you forgot our bonus strength check for carrying all those filled buckets of water back to base. You think you're so slick?
>>
>>37880418
I think the recruits carried them back, that's what >>37880270 roll was for
>>
>>37880369
>>37880401
These, sit by to listen in + offer additional info while Amity radios in
>>
>>37880364
Yep, that's top comfy.
>>
File: 120.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>37880401
>>37880369
>>37880489
>You rush over to the tank and climb in.
>Amity is already on the radio.
>Amity: "This isn't going anywhere like usual. Take this the headset is loud enough for me to hear too while I take short notes for the transcript."
>She sighs and passes you the radio headset.
>Putting it on you hear a voice.
>Amity: "Good luck with it, it's the same stamped-tramp from last time...Our call sign for them is Desert Rats."
>>
>>37880514
This is the commander for the Desert Rats, do you copy? We have urgent intel from the border. This is not a drill or prank. Do you copy?
>>
>>37880514
The changeling lands have been attack by the shnobs. They gassed them.
>>
>>37880610
Changelings are fleeing the hive in panic and disarray. Requesting immediate support and using this chance to build an alliance with the changeling hive as they would make valuable allies
>>
>>37880514
There are changeling refugees heading toward the border. Chemical weapons have been used.
>>
>>37880610
Try not to muddy up the report with unnecessary chatter. Command will just hang up on us if they start hearing us arguing with ourself? Shnobs? Also, there's a possibility they'll disregard a report about an attack on the changelings, who are a recent enemy of Equesstria.
>>
>>37880624
>>37880629
See >>37880630

>>37880514
We should release the button after >>37880529 and hold off until we get our report straight.
>>
>>37880630
Yea, shnobs. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wytz37FNP1oVjsQucQM2_P_dmzDtF0yeodbYdMqSdIs/edit#heading=h.lpo20d8t3tvf
>>
>>37880647
Cool. Didn't know that even existed.
>>
File: 121.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>37876045
>Command: "Loud and Clear. Commander? Well, it's nice to see the cowards in tin cans got a leader. So continue. What is this intel? Over."
>>37880610
>>37880624
>>37880629
>>37880634
>You release the button on the radio.
>Command: "Slow down, who attacked the Changelings? And when. Over."
>Amity: "You're going to have to use radio protocol Anon, else they'll just ignore our call for twenty four hours."
>>
>>37880634
Also worth mentioning there's at least one Equestrian citizen there. That will give them reason to immediately send help, and political ammunition against the griffons, e.g. "They used chemical weapons against our citizens."
>>
>>37880659
I don't even know how to appropriately address my subordinates when we are supposed to be at war. What makes you think I know radio protocol? Did you see Grease earlier? She was all over me when I was carrying those buckets. She's a real cutie too...
>>
>>37880659
Griffons have attacked the changeling hive near the border approximately 30 minutes ago. At least one equestrian citizen has been caught in the crossfire. They presumably used a neurotoxin called Cypermethrin. Changelings are fleeing the hive in panic and seem to be hoping for refuge further in. Over
>>
>>37880684
This
>>
>>37880659
>>37880673
Whoops, previous post was too slow, but still relevant.

Let's have Amity double check our use of protocol before we say anything further. But roughly we want to say:

"There has been a chemical attack on the changeling hive in the Badlands. We have confirmation that changeling children and at least one Equestrian pony are in the affected area. The chemical used is Cypermethrin. The hive is being evacuated now. Request immediate medical assistance and support for the refugees, and military assistance to guard against further attacks. Over."
>>
>>37880703
>>37880684
They're going to ask how we know. Do command even know we've got a changeling here?
>>
>>37880703
It sounds to me like the hive has already been destroyed and now we have a swarm of changelings heading towards our border as refugees.
>>
>>37880716
Probably not, but they'll find out regardless. Also, if they view that as grounds to disregard the report, it'd count as a report of changeling activity even if the gryphon attack was false.
>>
File: 122.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>37880677
>Amity: "Just press the button and talk Anon...This isn't the time for your half-baked personalities loose...Just make sure you say over at the end."
>You press the button.
>>37880673
>>37880684
>The voice changes to a more serious tone.
>Command: "Copy- Stand By"
>The voice pauses for a moment.
>Command: "We have confirmation of Gryphon Airforce activity in the badlands, You are advised to return to base. You are not to enter the badlands. Over."
>Amity: "Idiots think we are in a badlands...We could simply leave and they wouldn't notice..."
>>37880703
>Command: "Say Again."
>You repeat yourself.
>Command: "Copy. Intel noted Commander- Stand By"
>There is another long pause.
>Command: "Orders from High Command, you are not to engage any Changeling without order. Repeat, you are not to engage any Changeling without order. Military assistance is inbound to Badlands. You are to return to base. Over and Out."
>The radio falls silent.
>Amity: "...I'm actually surprised they took that seriously."
>>
>>37880767
We should take this to the troops.
>>
>>37880767
Base? Are they telling us to abandon this place?
>>
>>37880767
>>Amity: "...I'm actually surprised they took that seriously."
Honestly, so am I.
Or maybe you're just that bad at talking on the radio. I'm kidding; maybe it's because we're in a war now so news of a foreign chemical attack was taken more seriously than "frivolous" supply requisitions for the "useless" tin cans.

I wonder whether we'll be able to actually get supplies from command now that we've confirmed that they are capable of actually acting seriously and might listen to us.
>>
>>37880791
This, it's good news. For Shady especially.
>>37880795
No, this is our base doofus. We're on base right now. At least, I think so?
>>
>>37880767
Well we've done what we can.
Lunch time. Who wants potatoes with... potatoes and... potatoes?
We really need to get the food situation sorted.
>>
>>37880803
yeah they thought we were in the badlands because, how else would we know?
>>
>>37880767
Can we still ask for additional supplies?
>alfalfa, oats, corn, barley, wheat, milo, molasses, apples, miscellaneous fruits, veggies, grains, dried beans, pasta, assortments of canned goods, more long lasting milk, flour, eggs, a book of griffin insults, tank manuals included in tanks they send our way, surplus training ammo, an equestrian flag, a flagpole, desert camo tarps, shovels, wheel barrels, combat books, MRE's, sugar, spices, salt, and mattresses, Weh Protein powder, fire extinguishers, additional dog tags and canteens if the recruits didn't come with their own yet (assuming the 5 original canteens were for anon and the four new recruits, and our three girls had their own before we came), miscellaneous parts that Grease Can needs (provide a list), instant coffee, Canned goods, more long shelf milk, literally ANYTHING they send in bulk is a god send. Nearly over ripened fruits or wilting veggies work too, just GIMME!!! I don't care if it's nearly over the best by date, or already over it, unless it's milk. Never send expired milk.
>We're going to need to write all this down before hoof for Shady Days or Amity to communicate for us, because if we do it we'll probably confuse the command's comms officer.
>hot chocolate
>cheap sunglasses
>more tea
We'll need more food since we have double the ponies here, over.
am I forgetting anything else we might need?
>>
>>37880857
They'll probably just ship them to some empty spot in the badlands.
>>
>>37880857
>Can we still ask for additional supplies?
Not now. Don't clog up command's radio with low priority stuff while they're dealing with an emergency.
>>
>>37880857
We'll have to talk to Salesy, probably.
>>
>>37880857
Gonna be honest we're probably better off taking our grocery list to town and trying to bill the government
>>
We're going to need to assign radio duty, we can't miss a call from command. Or have Flicker make the tank's radio portable.

>>37880857
We shouldn't ask right now, but we should maybe try to ask for supplies in the evening. Although I doubt we can make demands like that, it'll probably be more like "Please start sending regular food and general supplies and send a desert base starter pack, we won't survive much longer otherwise".
>>
>>37880951
>We're going to need to assign radio duty, we can't miss a call from command. Or have Flicker make the tank's radio portable.
That's a very good call actually. We definitely need radio duty RIGHT NOW, unless Flicker can literally rip out the radio in the next half an hour.
>>
>>37880951
>>37880967

This
>>
>>37880967
>>37880767
Alright, Amity, you're on radio duty for the time being. Give a holler if anything comes up or it gets too hot in here. I'll go grab Flicker and see what she can do about setting up a proper radio station somewhere more comfortable.

>If Amity has no objections, we'll head out to deliver the news to the team.
>>
>>37880983
Why would you put Amity on radio duty? Have you seen how she handled it earlier?
>>
>>37880983
>>37881033
I thought bilbo buggins was our radio communicator? It'd be good to give her a task so she has something to focus on.
>>
>>37880983
Yeah I dunno, Amity is the one who can't get anything through and as soon as we came on Command miraculously took us seriously. I don't wanna read into it yet, but neither do I wanna just leave Amity as our radio mare again.

>>37881043
Bilbo is currently probably mourning and/or possibly in some sort of shock. There may be an argument to be made about building character by putting her on duty anyway, but honestly I don't think this is the time.

On a whim, let's pick Ranger. He's a) sane and b) probably not urgently busy with anything else? We can have somepony else relieve him in a while, let's say uhhh Grease next. Keep a rotation going through the night, again unless Flicker manages to rig something up literally this evening.
>>
>>37881033
Mainly because she's already here, and I don't want to miss any messages while we go get someone else. But otherwise I have no objections to assigning somepony else.

>>37881063
>I don't wanna read into it yet, but neither do I wanna just leave Amity as our radio mare again.
Aww, don't be mean to our gal like that.

>On a whim, let's pick Ranger.
Agreed he seems sane, but would he know how to operate a radio? Or, uh, write?
>>
>>37881119
Anon we joke that Ranger is underage, but even if that's true (and he's not just short and bullied), that'd make him like 16 or 17 at worst. He's not a pre-primary school toddler. Unless there are indications that he might be illiterate or uneducated that I'm forgetting missing?
Anyway operating a radio should be easy and we can explain it if necessary. Especially if we want to have shifts through the night, he'll probably have a shift eventually (if we want everypony to get the most sleep possible, everyone needs a shift), and thus better he figure it out now with everypony's help than alone in the middle of the night.
>>
>>37880767
That's a really nice interior model, where's it from?
>>
>>37880767
Well, it sounds to me that they’re just neglectful, not incompetent. They called us cowards, so I figure they just think we are the lax, easygoing unit. Which to be fair, was more or less right before we showed up. They aren’t gonna ignore valuable information just because they dislike us. They aren’t self-sabatoging. So at least there’s that.
>>
>you are not to engage
>Military assistance is inbound
It's a good thing, right? We didn't make matters worse. Right?
>>
>>37880767
(to Amity) I think they assumed we were in the badlands for some reason, but perhaps it's for the best they believe this white lie.
(press the button) This is Desert Rat again Command, do you copy? Our comms officer theorized that the purpose of the chemical bombing was a show of power, or a warning to Equestria. The changelings would flee from their land into Equestrian territory, and the gryphons would capitalize on that in the hopes that it would spark a war between our races. I would also like to clarify that the equestrian in said changeling territory is probably assisting in the evacuation of civilians. We are not to engage any changelings, but will they be classified as friendly or no? Over.

Command could you send a variety of different food stuffs, we've doubled the number of troops here and sustaining our diet entirely on hay is detrimental to morale, over. I would also like to put in requisitions for mattresses and additional beddings, or a sum of bits to purchase necessary goods from the businesses within the frontier town of Dust Bowl. Should I give you a list, over.
(release hoof from button).
(back to Amity) think we could do some trading with the changelings through Shady? I don't know how hard love is to come by, but I'd be down to cuddling a changeling every night if that means we can save a couple of bits on hiring labor, or hell maybe someone to play sentry at night. I heard changelings make some kind of resin stuff? I wonder if that could be used to glue. Hmmmm.

>>37880795
>>37880803
>>37880862
Command assumed we were there in person. Because, how else would we know what was happening?

>>37880922
Our tank tab at Salsey's store isn't infinite. We can't keep relying on it for everything.
>>
>>37882209
it took 2 days for us to suggest whoring ourselves out..
>>
>>37882209
No, like the other anons said let's not immediately start requesting things right now. Let them deal with the changelings and the griffon attack first, they're gonna have their hooves full right now.
I suggest we contact them again tomorrow to put in a request much like you worded; just not right now.
>>
>>37882238
Not sex! No! Only friendly cuddles of the nonsexual nature.

>>37882275
It's a simple request. Theres nothing wrong with asking for food since we have more ponies. Besides, what is there even left to cook with? There are only so many creative ways to cook hay. I need more veggies to make a decent stew!
>>
>>37882209
Also vetoing this. There's a time and place for opinions, requests, and negotiations. This isn't the time for any of them.

We're the rejects making up the reserve tank division, not military intelligence. Just report the facts to them, and let them draw their own conclusions. They have trained analysts, strategists, and politicians working to make these deductions, with access to far more information than we have. If they want our opinion, they'll ask for it. Otherwise we're just wasting everyone's time.

As for supplies, they've suddenly got a war to run and a major rescue operation to deal with. We are waaay freaking low on the list of priorities. It won't kill us to delay our request for a few days until things calm down.

Finally, the changelings have just lost who knows how many lives in a surprise attack. Show a little compassion, or at least discretion - don't immediately start scheming about how to extract the most value from the survivors.
>>
>>37882329
All of this, except for the last paragraph - I read that as a mutually beneficial trade offer, not a way to extort value. In other words, "if you're starved for love we can give you some hugs, you just have to help around the base a bit in exchange".
Maybe it's not going to be something any changeling would want, but honestly given the utter bullshit we've blurted out in the past, I don't think it would particularly hurt to ask Shady about that. For all we know, maybe we'll get a team of hug-starved changelings on our doorstep happy to serve as muscle for anything we need provided we keep them fed. Or maybe not, and maybe Shady will laugh at us for suggesting something so inane. Can't hurt to try though.

But yes as I said agree with your analysis on all the other points. No sense in wheedling Command about this stuff; now's not the appropriate time. And unlike our recruits, Command is probably all serious business, and we have to actually be much more careful about exercising tact and being professional with communicating. Especially since they're known to be pretty quick to blacklist us if they think we're being annoying - and, like you said, they don't exactly have a high opinion of us.
>>
>>37882209
none of that. Also for the future in case this becomes a habit, you say over when you're finished talking not after every other sentence.
>>
>All our tanks are WWII-era
>Cypermethrin was first synthesised in 1974
Amity, lay it on us. Are these tanks old technology? Or do the griffons just have very good chemists?

>>37882209
Please no, we're way down the command chain, we're here to take orders and relay information and not share the ruminations of our diseased brains with command unless asked for, no matter how brilliant we think they are. Also, >over and out. The call is finished and honestly it seemed like command already made those inferences, or at least seems to be sending help to the changelings for now.
The supply ask is good though, we can use that later.
The changeling thing isn't a terrible idea, but the hive is 320 km away, I think it's going to be a while before we see any.
>>
>>37880767
Boop yourself for being so clever. Did we take our hoof off the talking button? Ask Amity if, when we set up the radio set up at the barracks or at least the antenna could we contact command in a more comfortable fashion? Doing it all from within the confines of a tank must be fairly hot at times. I'm surprised this tank has a radio strong enough to reach there. Exactly how much money is in the tank tab? We've got a lot of things we need to get, but I'm unsure if its wise to get everything through the merchant mare when we could get free stuff from the government.
>>
>>37880767
Я тaк хoчy eбaть Эмити, чтo y нee бyдyт тpoйняшки!
>>
>>37883466
Зaeбиcь caм, мы c Гpиз бyдeм жeнитcя.
>>
File: 124.jpg (129 KB, 1280x720)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>37880791
>You and Amity leave the tank and rejoin the others in front of the barracks.
>>37881573
>Amity: "It's just odd seeing them talk to us normally. I guess being at war gave them a good kick up the rump."
>>37882684
>Amity: "Around fifteen years old I think. Though the griffins always had a lead on technologies due to the lack of magic."
>FP: "How did it go Amity?"
>Flash Point trots up to Amity.
>Amity: "They noted our intel and military support is being deployed. Celestia know's what's that support is."
>Shady overhears Amity.
>Shady: "Equestrians sending support?"
>Amity: "That's what command told us. I hope the Princesses know what they are doing."
>Shady: "I hope so."
>>37883466
>Amity: "...Huh, one of your personalities is Stalliongradian...Never would of thought that."
>Amity shakes her head.
>>
>>37883529
in Stalliongrad tank drives you
>>
File: gosy_koni.jpg (216 KB, 880x1399)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
we havent even assigned teams yet
we have enough for 2 tank teams and a recovery team
recovery team: Grease and flicker
tank team 1: anon, ranger, bilbo buggins
tank team 2:amity, flash point, damsel
that is what i would recommend
>>
>>37883529
Я хoчy глyбoкo кoнчить внyтpь мacлeнки. Oнa cтaнeт тяжeлoй c мoими цeлями, a я бyдy кaтaть нa лoдкe ee нaбyхшиe мoлoчныe cocки c тяжeлoй пpoмeжнocтью.
/K/omrades, we are of good news! Other Shady is helping yes? Shady I ask of changeling trade. Блядь. y тeбя кpacивыe глaзa. Changelings come here, they keep eye out at night Пoтoмy чтo эти гpeбaныe гpифoны, кaкaющиe пиcaющиe, мoгyт пoпpoбoвaть чтo-нибyдь нoчью. You friends comes yes. We cuddle lots in pay. I carry changeling all time if extra eyes to watch out for filthy Jewish gryphon capitalists.
>>
>>37883529
Ask Switch about making the radio portable. Although I'd prefer to do it with some other radio, perhaps from one of the other tanks, and not risk losing the radio that is known to be working.
>>37883576
The main question is whether we should keep Amity with us, as our tactical adviser, or face the consequences of letting her lead the second team semi-independently.
>>
>>37883596
Contain yourself slavanon, we're in a war dammit.
>>
>>37883529
We should get started on lunch. We've done a lot of exercise and utw best to eat food within an hour of a work out. Who wants to help?
>>
>>37883605
иди нaхyй ты, тpycливый кoзeл, нaхyй кycoк дepьмa! You no tell Aнoнимный what to do!
>>
>>37883601

i think she is the best choice we have considering our pool of pones, also we can still get tactical advise via the radio if we them in both tanks or via open hatch yelling

>>
>>37883529
Do you still want to head into town for your date later FP or nah? We'll probably need to head there for a grocery run.
Oh oh Grease, Flicker, training is done for the day but do you got enough in you to work on a tank?
>>
File: 126.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>37883596
>>37883605
>>37883609
>Shady: "I feel like I need fermented potatoes to even start to understand that..."
>>37883607
>Shady: "I'll help. I can tell you love cooking, so I'll think I'll borrow some of that love if you don't mind."
>>37883706
>FP: "I'm still going. I can pick them up on the way if you want and bring them back later."
>Amity looks around.
>Amity: "Uh...Anon...I think they're inside the barracks."
>>
>>37883754
Shady is lovely mare. If had peaches I teach babushka's famous kompot recipe. Instead no kompot, and no fermented bear piss to make class vodka. этo мecтo oтcтoй. Come we make food or I kill coyote for meat, anger. Where variety?Этo пoлнaя чyшь Point bring back spices and veg. I make stew, I give you list later, we make vodka ah ha ha ha ha!
>>
>>37883754
How do you want your potatoes today? Should they be boiled, mashed, or stuck in a stew?
>>
Only lame Stalliongrad ripoff vodka is made of potatoes. Real Ponish vodka is made from Rye. Never forget Kitten. I guess we should go find Grease and Flicker so we can ask them to do more things. Then we should get started on lunch.
>>
>>37883754
I admire how blunt you can be about your motivations, Shady.
>>
>>37883754
Pop into the barracks to see if grease can make some time to work on a second tank. Then head onto the mess with shady.
>>
>>37884194
So now that we have nothing immediately urgent, what's our list of priorities?

1: Lunch (everyone)
2: Set up base radio (Flick)
2a: Assign radio duty (Shady, initially)
3: Tank repairs (Grease, maybe Flick)
4: Tank practice (everyone)
5: Rescue tank from oasis (everyone)
6: Did we finish taking inventory?
7: Order supplies
8: Maps of the area (Amity)
9: Base improvements (everyone)
?: Get swole
??: Make vodka
???: Anything else?

>>37883754
>Shady: "I'll help. I can tell you love cooking, so I'll think I'll borrow some of that love if you don't mind."
Damn right I love cooking. Borrow as much as you like.
>>
>>37884290
Shooting practice. So far everybody only knows how to hold rifles.
Basically train everybody to levels much higher than 9. Trenches, grenades, hoof to hoof combat, relevant tactics, you name it. But the priority is tank wisdom.
Find out if anybody knows anything about first aid. Get medical supplies.
Find the amphibious tank, a4-something-something.
>6: Did we finish taking inventory?
No. Grease stubbornly refuses help, and her hooves were full the whole time.
>>
>>37884383
Good call on the first aid. Must protec pones.
>>
>>37883754
When Flicker and Grease are done admiring the new interior, could someone ask them to work on the tanks if they have enough energy left?

>>37884383
>>37884399
>>37884290
>[The ponies are in "double time", any more training after this will result in low-level scores and low morale.]
We've run everyone ragged enough as it is, and we need other things accomplished beyond training like getting the tank fixed, and installing a radio station in the barracks. Additional training can be accomplished tomorrow. This is good for us though, because this means we can focus on training ourself finally.
>>
>>37884457
>We've run everyone ragged enough as it is,
This. Too much training will make the others resent us over time and lower their morale.
>>
>>37883754
How technologically and magically advanced is our hive Shady? Do your people have tanks? Aeroplanes? Jets? Bombers? Nukes? Ballistic missiles? Mortars? Artillery cannons? AA batteries -Anti Air weapons not to be confused with actual small electricity batteries. Weren't changelings at the canter lot invasion throwing themselves like living missiles?
>>
>>37884290
This is a good list, minus the training for today as the others pointed out.

>>37884639
>our hive
I think Cтaллиoнгpaд Anon is spreading.
>>
>>37884658
Shit. I forgot the y. I meant to say "your" hive. I was asking because I wanted to know if they need any weapons designs, but now that I think about it I don't want to give designs to their queen.
>>
>>37884639
>our hive
At least buy the bug dinner before trying to marry into the family.
>>>37884699
>but now that I think about it I don't want to give designs to their queen.
Yeah. Command seems sympathetic and reasonable so far (the order to not attack changelings is of paramount importance and honestly we should tell Shady explicitly about it if we haven't already), so I'd leave it up to them to sort out the situation without taking the initiative to leak military secrets.
That's assuming changeling spies don't already have access to all Equestrian tech anyway. Nor would it necessarily do them much good if they don't have much industrial capability to make use of it.
>>
>>37883754
So an idea I'd like to throw at you, why not ask the closest changeling near you to dispell the spell thingie on you that's keeping you from completely wearing or dispelling your disguise? Have you asked anyone within the hivemind how you can dispell it? Ask someone nicely to visit a library?
Could you help teach everyone some of your marital arts tomorrow? What is it exactly you know? Karate? MMA? Krav Maga? Grappling? Muai Thai? Taekwondo? Boxing?
Do you know any changelings who are good at construction and excavation work? Is love a reasonable method of payment?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.