[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: CurOP.jpg (1.95 MB, 1920x2981)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB JPG
This is the general thread for the alternative fan sites of the My Little Pony fandom. Discussion, development suggestions, and criticisms are all welcome here.

>Why alternate boorus?
Recent changes to Derpibooru has put its place as the premier location for pony fan art into question. So several new boorus have sprung up to provide alternatives. Many of the altbooru owners post in thread and listen to questions and comments from anons. Note that this is NOT the Derpibooru drama general. Please keep posts about Derpibooru in the thread on mlpg.co.

>Why alternate text sites?
Pastebin has begun deleting greentexts on the site. FimFiction does not allow stories in the greentext format, so a new home is needed.

Overview: altboorus.org
>General purpose boorus
rainbooru.org by Raindev [!RaInbOWink]
ponybooru.org by ZizzyDizzyMC [!DizzyMC4pc]
ponerpics.org by Lotus [!!WYvH32WjaoR]
twibooru.org by Twifag [!twifag.HOY] and Not Twifag/Floorb [!!H3PJaMJmY66]
booru.bronyhub.com by Pathos [!!arjIjTdCTdq] (They do other stuff too bronyhub.com)

>Specialized boorus:
booru.foalcon.com - Underage
lyrabooru.org - Hot glue

>Greentext sites
ponepaste.org by PonePasteAnon [!!7JI5LA2h01+]
bin.bronyhub.com by Pathos [!!arjIjTdCTdq]
poneb.in (Pastebin greentext archive)
IAS (derp.link/1yd6A) (Text search)

>Video sites
pony.tube

>File sharing
smutty.horse
IWIFTP

>Latest Developments:
-Anon releases searchable DNP list (derp.link/mxM0C) (derp.link/LSj5y)
-An anon is scraping pastebin links (derp.link/zFWPk) (download green.zip)
-Mediafire rip now available on IPFS (>>36440908)
-Derpy me now filtered, use derp.link or derpy.link (>>36590933)
-Colab notebook for training tagging model (>>36677906)
-Anons share EQG filtering tools (>>36663581 >>36686932)
-Twibooru getting real-time imports (>>36704026)
-IAS Anon needs help seeding IPFS files (>>36700329)
-Reminder to backup Fimfiction (derp.link/fPTg1)
-Not Twifag working on Twific, Fimfic alternative
-yuki.la likely dead, some other /mlp/ archives (>>36764936) (>>36764947) (and of course Desuarchive)
-fluffybooru replaced by fluffycommunity.com
-fluffybooru rip (>>36846411)
-Twibooru to make deleted images accessible (>>36915843)
-Userscript to hide EQG flags (>>36934441)
-yuki.la backup (>>>/t/1033260)
-Ponemusic archive is dead, latest torrents (>>37005785)
-Not Twifag has a new trip (!!H3PJaMJmY66)
-PonePaste backup available (>>37012297)
-PonePaste discover page updated (>>37057141)
-PonerPics 'Porter' importer adds Twibooru support (>>37074696)
-New FiM website, nhnb.org
-PonerPics looking for staff (>>37214415)
-YouTube privating all unlisted videos prior to 2017 (>>37161100)
-IAS Anon drafted into Russian military (>>37198079)
-PonePaste Anon doing a complete rewrite of site (>>37234339)
-nhnb opens all boards
-Hastily done userscript to convert times on nhnb (>>37236653)
-nhnb gets new themes (>>37258409)
-PonePaste gets database hacked, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS.

>Last thread
>>37231709
>>
File: Anch.jpg (29 KB, 500x500)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>37262864
Anchor.
>>
File: minty_mare.png (476 KB, 773x842)
476 KB
476 KB PNG
Mares.
That's all,
Thanks for coming to my ted talk.
>>
>>37263027
hmm yes very interesting
>>
I checked some stats recently.

All the downvotes on LGBTQ or BLM related images on Derpibooru vs on Ponerpics or Ponybooru on the same images on one year span.

The amount of upvotes/downvotes on nazi shit.
The amount of likes and favs Aryanne art receives on Derpibooru.
The queries on content that is generally hosted on altboorus.
The artists which content is no longer welcome on Derpibooru.

There's more far right users on Derpi than on Ponerpics, Ponybooru and Twibooru combined which means Altboorus aren't even good at welcoming nazis.
>>
fifth for I want to get laid with my waifu
>>
>>37263112
>there's more alt-right users on the site with 358 thousand registered accounts than on the sites which combined have like 6k
Anything else you want to say, genius?
>>
>>37263112
If you think creating the altboorus was an attempt to lure in actual nazis, then all I have to say is:
Go back to Derpibooru.
>>
Darn. It was just getting to the good part.
>>
>>37263405
>the good part
It was a literal derpifag shitting up the thread because he completely misunderstands the whole point of altboorus.
>>
>>37263406
Exactly. They give the best meltdowns.
>>
>>37263112
I will not go back to the old pic to downvote it, there's a ton of shit that deserve it but I will not go and search things I don't like it.
>>
>>37263112
You're kinda forgetting who is the real audience of the altbooru, at least the most populated one.
>Use the first filter https://ponybooru.org/filters?fq=everything
>then go to https://ponybooru.org/search?q=first_seen_at.gt:7%20days%20ago&sf=wilson_score&sd=desc

There's the real audience of the most popular altbooru, or at least the unique audience that care enough to upvote and fav things. This is the message that the booru want to give to the fandom
>>
>>37263731
>This is the message that the booru want to give to the fandom
>loli exists here, therefore this booru HAS to be sending messages to the fandom
>it can’t simply exist and be used as the user sees fit
You’re part of the reason derpi went to shit
>>
File: 1575210025006.png (281 KB, 628x589)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
Is there any advice that can be given in regards to using sites such as pony.tube or smutty.horse on the user end? Other than common sense things like avoiding certain files not being able to be played in the browser or using handbrake to get the smallest size possible for better playback?
>>
>>37263112
Derpi has more overall users, therefore more people who don't agree with political mouthpiece bullshit images/don't give a fuck about a joke OC. Note that none of those things makes you "fae right" in any sense of the word.
In short, your bait is fucking shit, stop crying about muh "nazis" and hang yourself at the the earliest convenience ^:)
>>
>>37263731
What a nice audience. Pestil is my favorite artist btw
>>
>Removing "Glimmer" instances from database
You are the hero we need!
>>
>>37262868
I told this story almost a year ago, but I will do it again. Its regarding the end of Fluffybooru. You can see the original posts here: https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/35945222/#q35955806

I'm going to try and post this in this thread, and the next. There's a possibility some or all of these posts may be deleted. Nonetheless, I feel the story needs to be told.

The truth was, the booru was in a constant state of decline. It is no small fact that the fluffy fandom had always seen itself as a niche fandom, especially since fluffies, by their nature, were a more mentally-challenged animal compared to their MLP counterparts. And when the fandom became focused on being original content as opposed to being an MLP meme, this gave more incentive for the abuse-centric fans to let go of their inhibitions. As such, the abusers kept gatekeeping, as well as harassing other people who do not follow their whim, or satiate their need for abuse.
>>
>>37264843
The problem, however, is that the more recluse nature of the fandom would inhibit it. To put into contrast, part of the reason why derpibooru has gone on as long as it did, and remains to have such a dedicated modding team, is because it is quite clear that most of the people at derpibooru are still MLP fans. The same would apply to the mods of the altboorus, perhaps even moreso because they lvoe MLP enough to disagree with derpibooru practices. But none of that passion could be seen in the fluffy fandom as time went on. When you put so much effort into hating a fictional creature, the question would then be, whats the point?

See, the early fluffy fandom was interesting. To quote Ferroter, the early fluffy fandom was typified as "a younger light-hearted brother of the 'darker' Blade Runner universe". Whether you see Fluffies as literal toys with programming giving organic parts, or as genetically-engineered animals, they were a slave race, much like the replicants of Blade Runner. Perhaps even moreso, because fluffies have limitations such as a lack of digits, a limited anatomy, and so on. The early to mid fluffy fandom had its share of people who were interested in worldbuilding, whether it was Vanner who tried to explain programming with "nanotechnology", Meh who went the Blade Runner route, or Carpdime, who has treated them as animals 'marketed' as toys.

But all this nuance got lost as the focus went on to become more about abuse, and fluffies as stress relief. People talk about Hellgremlins, but hellgremlins was really only a reflection of a decline. Whether it was "justifying the abuse" but making fluffies as ugly or detestable as possible, or people like gr1m_1 and GWN willing to admit their edginess and use fluffiness to exert their own inner sadism, the combination of these factors made the art and content more deplorable, to the point that any people who used to participate in the content would slowly lose interest in it, or it only attracts the "edgy" people.

And perhaps the most pronounced way the decline of the booru could be seen was in the loss of admin and morderation over time. Aichi was the main mod of the booru at one time, but got harassed enough that he eventually lost interest in the booru and its content. To my understanding, Hewmon was the same - he himself has admitted earlier that he does not wish to continue 'owning' the site. The departure of Hewmon saw a number of people leave the fandom, and asking for their content to be deleted. Some attribute it to Hewmon's departure, but I feel it was a general air of negativity that came with a combination of both the abuse and the drama.
>>
File deleted.
>>37264862
The real bombshell came in March 2020. What happened was that the artist Fluffycommissions who had uploaded his contented anonymously, under his own account, and with the help of Foxhoarder, who lives in another country, had all his content deleted. Considering how some of the account was anonymous, or was posted from an entirely different IP, the deletions were done deliberately. It was later found out that the deletions were done by a rogue admin on the site. It became clear that Guzzi didn't know what he was doing (aside from footing the bill) or, even if he did, the booru had enough problems, perhaps reflective of the lack of a dedicated admin like Hewmon. According to Wet, Guzzi was less active after April, and was voicing an intention to quit.

If the rogue hacker incident caused the domnios to fall, the fallout from the discovery by Click youtuber was the straw that broke the camel's break. At some point in June or July, some youtube called the Click discovered the fluffycommunity subreddit. From there, his fanbase, mostly made up of edgy, impressional 13+ kids started joining the fluffycommunity subreddit. According to wetfluff, this saw the increase of anon comments on the booru and, perhaps due to a lack of coding knowledge from both wet and guzzi, their inability to control the situation finally persuaded Guzzi to burn all bridges.

However, I'm not going to blame the Click. Even if the Click did not discover the fluffycommunity subreddit, and with it the booru and its fandom, someone else would have. The booru had been a ticking time bomb, and its sordid nature was going to lend itself to destruction the more it would be discovered by the private eye.
>>
>>37264880
And its a shame, a shame really. For all the abuse, for all the scat, for all the shit-edits, the drama, the hatred and puerile edginess, there were some really interesting stories on the booru. Squeakyfriend once wrote a childrens storybook on the booru. Carpdime, while having done his share of abuse, also wrote and drew some really interesting cute vignettes. Mutagen wrote the really interesting Postfluff. And PeppermintParchment wrote about the Fisher and Kegstand. And there are more, in the history of the booru. I don't know if anyone else would be interested in looking into the history of fluffies but, if they do, I would recommend looking past the abuse, and into both hugbox and sadbox. Part of the appeal of fluffies is that it is an independent franchise unto itself. To me, fluffies have a lot of potential, if only people realised it.

Whatever the case, fluffycommunity.com has now become the main replacement for Fluffy pony content. How things will turn out remains to be seen
>>
File deleted.
>>37262868
Reposting the following:
https://mega.nz/folder/Gw8ykCwA#-91t7tb4svQWOZi8gUHYhA

Still a work in progress, but this folder now has all the current images and stories from fluffybooru (this is not counting the deleted stuff) Its curently at 60k images.

For an alternate archive that has less more images but is far more indexed and curated, here is the older MEGA:
https://mega.nz/#F!k85xWLjR!o5KIjnDDXv5gLb-j38rT4Q

Both megas have been heavily updated recently. It is posted here as some people have previously expressed theor dissatisfaction with the direction taken with the Fluffycommunity site. Thus, these archives are available for anyone else who is interested in preserving fluffy content
>>
https://thefurchive.com/

ponyfurchivebooru when?
>>
File: 2496938.gif (203 KB, 2000x1700)
203 KB
203 KB GIF
>>37265247
>Feed the archive bot by joining Discord
>>
>>37265294
>owned by zizzy
>>
>>37264556
did you unironically forget to take your medication, what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>37265247
>furry
The only place that belongs is in a cleansing fire.
>>
File: image for stupid anon.png (712 KB, 3800x2034)
712 KB
712 KB PNG
>>37265332
You sure forgot.
>>
>>37265364
>it's real
fucking kek
>>
>>37265364
if real insane amount of cringe
>>
>>37265407
It's obviously a joke, retard. I know your autism prevents you from understanding sarcasm and the like but at the very least keep it to yourself when in doubt.
>>
File: 1618848208287.png (2.56 MB, 2000x1000)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB PNG
>>37265364
BASED if true. Poochiefags deserve it.
>>
>>37265364
>Removed Herobrine
>>
File: worriedlaughter.gif (2.05 MB, 498x276)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB GIF
>>37265912
>the progress bar on that goes negative
>>
>New CAPTCHA eats another post

>Twibooru devs:
Could you put out a guide to the faces in your captcha? With how pixelated it is it's hard to differentiate between sad, angry, and thinking.
>>
>>37265936
I find it humorous that the captcha requires one of the most aspie-autistic fandoms on the internet to parse emotions.
>>
>>37266055
That's fucking brilliant. Filter out the real autists.
>>
>>37266055
The problem is that the faces are too pixelated to see what emotion is on them.
>>
>>37266078
Maybe it's YOU who is too pixelated.
>>
>>37266085
Yeah! fucking missingno fuck trying to pull one over us decent unpixelated folks.
>>
>>37265936
Post an example for non-Twibooru users. I want to see if I'd pass the autism test.
>>
>>37266095
>>
>>37266105
1 happy
2 autism
3 magic
4 angry
5 sad
6 confused

Do I pass?
>>
>>37266146
Close, the tags are
>2. GLIMMY
>3. NOT HER FACE
>>
>>37266146
you pass the autism test, you have it
>>
>>37266306
>>37266146
congrats
>>
>>37265936
>guide to captcha
If a guide is needed for a captcha thats bad...
>>
Don't die on me, thread
>>
File: 440800.png (499 KB, 3283x3189)
499 KB
499 KB PNG
Twibooru now has a section when reporting for Technical problems, and has a secret surprise when reporting things under Other.

I also talked with Pathos today. He says that the duplicates on the Foalcon booru are due to not being able to automate merging and having no mods to prune them.
His work has shifted away from Bronyhub to AI generation, including a text prediction mode, and a clop generator.
https://u.smutty.horse/mcdkjqzaznj.jpg
>>
>>37266146
>2 autism
kek
>>
File: Screenshot.png (16 KB, 1390x126)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>37269808
Where's the surprise?
>>
File: 73246.gif (1005 KB, 876x1100)
1005 KB
1005 KB GIF
>>37269837
The surprise isn't for you, silly!
>>
>>37269808
Do you think you could remove the 5 report limit for technical reports? I know the suggestion is to bundle as many as you can together but the way it usually goes is that you think you're done gathering reports but then a few moments later you find yet another thing to report. Honestly the report limit thing is the main reason I don't bother to report any of the issues on the boorus. The 5 report queue fills up fast and usually takes months before they clear up.
>>
>>37269874
I'll ask Floor about it.
I will say Twibooru is pretty good about getting stuff done, compared to something like Ponerpic's 302 hour turnaround(according to their statistics page). Any report that takes more than a day or two to process probably involves coding work.

Month 6 of https://ponerpics.org/images/1231984 being incorrectly merged.
>>
>>37269808
>https://u.smutty.horse/mcdkjqzaznj.jpg
This is an abstract kind of fap.
>>
>>37269930
It's not just the report turn around time on PonerPics. Even after the report is actually resolved it somehow hangs around in the report queue for much longer, preventing new reports fron being filed.
>>
>>37269967
Not sure since Twibooru doesn't use the same software, but it might be a cache issue. In any case, you'll be getting your wish soon on Twibooru. Please don't abuse it–I haven't figured out the banning system yet.
>>
>>37269967
>>37270029
I, however, have.
Don't fuck up.
>>
>>37270029
Sweet. Main thing I stumble across is images that never process on Twibooru, so I guess I'll be able to report those whenever I see them.
>>
speaking of Twibooru, is it intentional that users can see the staff’s favorited pictures?
>>
>>37270522
Yes, it was pointed out that for whatever reason favorite pictures (not just staff's, it's just easier to get to staff profiles) are visible in profile and florb decided to keep it.
>>37269837
Wrong report reason!
>>37269854
make sure to post the followup reports/messages whenever someone hits the surprise
>>
>>37270771
>Yes, it was pointed out that for whatever reason favorite pictures (not just staff's, it's just easier to get to staff profiles) are visible in profile and florb decided to keep it.
>EQG, humanized, and furry in all staff's favs
Fucking hell man. I don't even know why I get my hopes up any more.
>>
>>37270910
>humanized bad
fucking zoomers have no concept of what humanized is beyond eqg
>>
>>37270910
Go back to Ponerpics then
>>
>>37270927
All humanizations are bad. No exception.

>>37270930
You don't have to tell me twice. I was just mildly hopeful to find the booru that "claimed" to be the most aggressive against such things to have operators who reflect thier claims. Unfortunately this is not the case.
Sorry for having hope.
>>
>>37270959
>All humanizations are bad. No exception.
proof that you’re newer than eqg
>>
>>37270910
>>37270959
>one guy means the booru is fucked, as opposed to majority or more anywhere else
>nooo humanization outright instead of barbieshit is bad!!!
puritard seething
>>
>>37270959
When did Twibooru staff claim anything? Random anons say all kinds of shit, why would you take any of it at face value?
>>
>>37270978
>implying
The fact that it's non-pony inherently makes it bad.

>>37270980
Do you even read?

>>37270985
Actually, off the top of my head I can't think of any specific claims. I think it is fair to say that they have tried to position themselves as such in the past. Perhaps you're right that it was random Anons hyping it up as the "pony" booru. I will say that Twifag in particular has made such claims about himself however, though outside of these threads.

All in all, the disappointment in my post was regarding the site operators and not the site itself (the disappointment for that came much sooner). It was disappointing to me just because I had it in my head that the people responsible for Twibooru were about pony. Guess I was just wrong on that one.
>>
>>37271010
>I had it in my head that the people responsible for Twibooru were about pony. Guess I was just wrong on that one.
Don’t you have nhnb now? Why are you even here?
>>
>>37271022
nhnb isn't exactly a booru, now is it?
>>
>>37271010
>the disappointment for that came much sooner
How come?
>>
>>37271026
>Why are you even here?
4chan isn’t a booru either
>>
>>37270910
wait what really
>>
>>37271029
I was under the impression that it was trying to be the "pony" booru, but as the other Anon said it could have just been random others trying to hype it up. If you look it up, you see what gets imported from Twibooru to other sites, it seems like it's nothing but non-pony that gets uploaded to Twibooru. And obviously it's staff approved because it stays there on Twibooru. Those things together is what brought on a lot of the original disappointment with the place.

>>37271031
Yes, but nhnb launched a couple of weeks ago and booru discussion has been here for the past year or so.

>>37271049
Yeah, you look through and you'll find examples of it all.
>>
>>37271051
>seems like it's nothing but non-pony that gets uploaded to Twibooru.
Citation desperately needed.
>And obviously it's staff approved because it stays there on Twibooru
If allowed and approved are the same thing in your mind, go back to derpi. There’s a staff position open for you.
>>
>>37271049
Look yourself, don’t take a random anon’s word for it. By “in all staffs faves” he means at least one of the listed three. And keep in mind he’s counting anthro as furry.
>>
>>37271067
anthro is furry
>>
>>37271068
Not arguing one way or the other, dumbass, I’m clearing up your post because you have no communication skills.
>>
>>37271067
>>37271069
I count 3/7 (almost 4, spoiled by an eqg upload) based twibooru staff
>>
>>37271075
>upload
ehhh, does that really count? I remember uploading disgusting shit when I found an artist that wasn’t on derpi. Someone has to do it.
>>
File: furfag.png (47 KB, 1245x161)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>37271051
It's not a "pony" booru you seething puritard, it's the "no furshit" booru. And yes, twifag is a furfag, causing issues of undeleting images because >hurr durr those two wolves fucking have a fluttershy plushie halfway offscreen
>>
>>37271083
counts in my book, fuck eqg niggers
>>
>>37271084
From what I’ve seen with my own reports, Twifag is not a furfag, he just genuinely wants to keep anything with an obligatory pony.
>>
>>37271086
Like I said, I’ve uploaded disgusting hyper futa pics when dumping an artist. Does that make me a futa fag? Of course not, so why would the mere act of uploading a picture make him an eqgnigger?
>>
>>37271095
also fuck furries
there is nothing worth keeping form them
they are all more horrible than any of us can even conceive of according to shawn keller
>>
>>37271062
https://ponerpics.org/search?q=imported+from+twibooru
Be sure to adjust your filters.

>>37271075
I only looked at the two owners.

>>37271083
I only looked at faves, but I have a feeling the uploads situation would be worse just going off of the couple in the preview.

>>37271084
>It's not a "pony" booru
Clearly. That was just the impression I had been given by this thread prior to visiting it.

>>37271090
>Twifag is not a furfag
It's in his faves, along with EQG and humanized. So that kind of negates that claim.
>>
ITT: retards infighting for no reason at all making things easier for derpitrannies
Good job.
>>
>>37271090
Which means he's a furfag, because that opens the booru up to blatant furshit, same as how derpi keeps images like what boxless just deleted because they contain a horsecock...
AND LITERALLY NOTHING FUCKING ELSE THAT COULD BE AS MUCH AS COSTRUED AS BEING PONY RELATED

sacrifices have to be made for the sake of keeping the scope and resisting corruption, and if that means losing a few images where the obligatory pony can't be cropped out, so be it
>>
File: 1543805.gif (342 KB, 534x513)
342 KB
342 KB GIF
>more purity faff

>>37270910
>EQG, humanized, and furry in all staff's favs
This guy's gonna flip his lid his lid when he finds out what kind of stuff Ponk's faved. Start faving your old stuff already Boxless.

>>37270959
>All humanizations are bad. No exception.
A rebuttal: https://twibooru.org/2250588

>>37271106
This.
>>
look at these people
look at how they consider purity a bad thing
they want shit water to swim in and drink
septic waters
>>
ITT: Muh furfag boogieman
>>
>>37271115
>Start faving your old stuff already Boxless.
I mean, i can't, derpistaff shadowmooned me.
Might start compiling a list of things i personally like and not shit i've got a hotlink for others to find easier, though.

Day two of purityfag being a complete retard. Will we see day three?
>>
>>37271101
>It's in his faves, along with EQG and humanized
2 anthro pics, one of which is a joke and not porn.
>humanized bad
I forgot who I was dealing with
Go to nhnb and stay there. You say you don’t talk there because there’s no booru discussion, well start your own thread about the boorus and wait for other people to come. You’re clearly too much of a puritard to communicate.
>>
>>37271115
>shino
>lolicon
take your pick of "derpitranny" and "pedo" :^)
>>37271134
>I mean, i can't, derpistaff shadowmooned me.
wdym
Can you not see your derpi faves? Or have you done nothing but upvote and now can't log in?
>>
>>37271142
Dude, the entire site refuses to load for me, i have to copy any numerical links sent my way and derpi_id: them to see the image archived on twibooru.
The one time i DID get the login page to load it simply 403'd me when i tried to log in.
>>
>>37271115
>A rebuttal
I don't see any ponies. It's still bad.
>>
>>37271134
>>37271142
Even if you can’t log in, you can see your faves with faved_by_id:[#####] with the numbers being your user id.
>>
>>37271157
>>37271155
Slow to refresh the page, ignore me
>>
>>37271155
why not configure autoswitch to ponerpics? They have same IDs for older images.
>Dude, the entire site refuses to load for me
gg wp so much for "we have removed discouragement bans", inb4 it's same thing psy key's got with cloudflare ban
does it keep happening in private mode?
>>
>>37271157
>>37271160
Such is life.
I haven't seen much i'd bother faving on Twibooru yet anyways, though that has more to do with scouring furnigger tags and not messing with metadata much at all than anything else.
>>37271177
>why not configure autoswitch to ponerpics?
why ponerpics not have consistent porting so that it works yet?
It hits the whole building, so yes.
>>
>>37271183
>why ponerpics not have consistent porting so that it works yet?
because lotus is a meme
why twibooru not have derpi IDs?
>It hits the whole building, so yes.
An IP ban, then. Unless you're in censorshit country like russia, in which case any https request to a banned site would fail with connection refused, but that's testable by going to a different building.
but that is unlikely because meow is a retarded psycho tranny who doesn't understand that his choices are ALL retarded and so the only way he can keep the site floating is to do nothing
>>
>>37271183
>I haven't seen much i'd bother faving on Twibooru yet anyways
https://twibooru.org/2332076
I help
>>
>>37271099
Shawn Keller IS a furry, retard.
>>
>>37271195
>why twibooru not have derpi IDs?
Because Floorb is retarded and needs to make the search function have a shorthand that works and add it to the quicksearch box.
>An IP ban
I wish, i've cycled three IPs since and none of them work either.
>inb4 rangeban
>>37271198
That's a cute ponk, and my first upvote, but not a fave. Not a pankafag.
>>
>>37271206
I admire your stinginess with faves.
>>
>>37271206
>I wish, i've cycled three IPs since and none of them work either.
sounds like your country is censorshit then or you're French and on Free Mobile
>Because Floorb is retarded and needs to make the search function have a shorthand that works and add it to the quicksearch box.
no I mean same image IDs as Derpi without search being involved

also stop being stingy with faves so that I know what to bully you with
>>
>>37271248
>Censorshit or Eurocuck
There's only one internet provider out here, which is probably the actual issue. I am definitely not from the country of mostly-surrender.
>same IDs
good fucking luck convincing him to redo image ids on that scale.
>stop being stingy
no ^:)
>>
>>37271200
Where does it say he isn't?
>>
>>37271200
hmm
you might say, it takes one to know one
>>
>>37271268
>no ^:)
absolute faggot
>good fucking luck convincing him to redo image ids on that scale.
why does he not consider a twibooru.org/derpi/ID to be a valid option instead of search query
>>
>>37271291
I don't get paid enough to try and divine from fagspeak why.
>>
don’t bully floorb, he works hard
>>
>>37271319
do you even get paid at all? or do you work
for
FREE?
>>37271337
floorb is a faggot and is for bully.
>>
>>37271346
I’m convinced, carry on then
>>
>>37271346
I mean, i do get paid in having a functional archive that won't purge pony at my fingertips, but it's mostly charity work for the autistic.
Not something i'm a stranger to, for better or worse.
>>
>>37271364
>paid in having a functional archive that won't purge pony at my fingertips
So who first purged the image on >>37271084
>>
>>37271396
I don't remember, but does that furshit really count as pony related?
It's gone (again) by the way.
>>
>>37271419
How isn't it pony related? The Fluttershy plushtoy is original art, not a vector copied in
Deleting it (again) reads like someone on the team is more interested in purging furry related content than in preserving pony
>>
>>37271444
>someone on the team is more interested in purging furry related content than in preserving pony
If that's the case, they're doing a piss-poor job of it.
>>
>>37271444
https://twibooru.org/2444555
>>
File: 2444555.png (700 KB, 1036x1215)
700 KB
700 KB PNG
>>37271396
Vagless

>>37271419
>It's gone (again) by the way.
It was cropped.
https://twibooru.org/2444555
https://derpibooru.org/images/363671

Since this image exists on Derpibooru, I guess this puritan can never use it, ever, for any reason unless he's a hypocrite.

>>37271452
Sorry we're not living up to your standards(that we weren't trying to meet anyway). You're more than welcome to start you own booru to show us how we should be running things.
>>
>>37271479
>Vagless
i kek'd
>>
>>37270980
>>37270927
theres no difference its not pony, just weebshit
>>
>>37271444
>How isn't it pony related? The Fluttershy plushtoy is original art, not a vector copied in
Irrelevant. Again, letting front and center furshit on the site just because there's pony in a corner opens the site up to ARBITRARY furshit, as per for example https://derpibooru.org/images/2524171 that I've mentioned before
literally only relation is a horsecock and that could easily be furnigger hoers instead
>>37271396
you can say boxless and be right 95% of the time
>>37271479
>https://twibooru.org/2444555
nice digits
>Since this image exists on Derpibooru, I guess this puritan can never use it, ever, for any reason unless he's a hypocrite.
>picrelated
>>
>>37271479
Will this also be done on general furry x pony images to reduce the amount of furry in the image as much as possible?
And does it stop at furry or should we also expect anons and humans to be cropped out?
>>
>>37271538
It (generally) stops at furry. If someone start bulk-uploading oc human art with little to no pony attachment it'll probably get the axe.
I dunno, most of my deletions have been pretty much exclusively from people reporting furshit and NPR ^:)
We'll see when we get there and i may hit up the thread if a really contentious image comes up (and isn't boardbanned).
>>
>>37271084
>I remember images like that being deleted because it's obvious pure furshit and everyone was laughing at TSP and praising twibooru
>twifag undeleting them now
what the FUCK
>>
>>37271195
>why twibooru not have derpi IDs?
It's a feature, so you can use twibooru IDs in the filename and not have it look like you're just grabbing images from derpi. It's free advertisement if anyone wants to look up the source, and gives it staying power long-term - "I don't care I just want porn" fags would normally never leave derpi, but will start using twibooru if they need to to get sauce.

But yes, a way to search by derpi ID would be very welcome. For older stuff imported at the start you can use the description to search for it, but newer imports don't have that anymore.
>>
>>37271945
The flutter was original art, which was then cropped so the furry can be removed. Why can’t you read?
>>
>>37271997
wait, they cropped out the furry anthro wolves having sex and kept the fluttershy plushie?
that is the perfect solution imo
>>
>>37271945
>twifag undeleting them now
twifag actually undeleted it three or more months ago, immediately after it was linked in the thread as an example of blatant obligatory pony furshit and didn't undelete several other images to the same tune NOT linked in the thread
>>37271964
It's not a fucking feature you retard. The actual filenames are indistinguishable from any other booru, there's no "this comes from twi specifically" marker on them so anyone who doesn't know of twi's existence will think it's just random numbers after failing to look the image up by ID on derpi or pony.
>But yes, a way to search by derpi ID would be very welcome.
There is, it just uses syntax not described on twi itself.
derpibooru_id:id
>>
what the fuck is this?
https://thefurchive.com/
is my money going to this?
>>
>>37272072
https://twitter.com/TheFurchive/status/1416156282717937669
>>
File: 769369.png (44 KB, 744x561)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>37272072
>>37272075
is any of the money I send to the pony archive going to this?
>>
>>37272072
Dumbest thing I've ever seen.

- furry has significantly less archive-worthy content with the exception arguably being porn
- even so most furry stuff isn't worth archiving in the slightest
- you already missed 40+ years of furry history, what's the point of starting now

All three of these aspects are huge differences to pony archival and undermine the very concept
>>
>>37272121
I'd think that furniggers (like the people running TPA) would disagree with you about the first two points. As for the third, well, it's always better to start archiving later than never.
I really don't care what they do in their spare time but if they are using TPA money to pay for this I'll be canceling my donations too.
>>
>>37272100
>>37272072
Yes, any money you donate to zizzy/TPA/ponybooru is also being used on furshit archival.
>>37272121
there's also several orders of magnitude more furry content being produced; remember that entire Derpi archive is 2TB and all pony art would end up being 4TB tops
trying to archive (as opposed to having a curated gallery of """archive-worthy content""") furshit without ALREADY having a massive money supply FROM FURRIES is nonsense
trying to leech pony money for that is, well

look at what happens to every single retard who tries to drop pony for "perspective scope" of furry, every single time
>>
>>37272178
>any money you donate to zizzy/TPA/ponybooru is also being used on furshit archival
Shit.
>>
>>37272178
>all pony art would end up being 4TB tops
You severely underestimate how much pony stuff is on on the Internet. Taking YT as an example, all the music posted as videos, YTPS, (tens of?) thousands of PMVs. Imageboorus take quite a lot of space but it's nothing compared to videos lasting from a couple minutes to hours.

TPA recently had to upgrade to 77TB of storage because their previous storage solution started to run out of space. And TPA definitely doesn't have all of pony, mostly just the songs and videos.
>>
>>37272178
>all pony art would end up being 4TB tops
Yea, thats why I have almost 10TB of it already right?
>>
>>37272388
>>37272360
pony ART, discounting music, videos, games, etc
either way that just serves my point that it's not physically feasible to archive furshit, unlike pony
>>
File: lyra thinking face.png (551 KB, 1024x1024)
551 KB
551 KB PNG
About the PonePaste accounts, I used disposable emails to make my accounts. I have two that I was using to help organize a home general, but I hadn't moved my personal writefag account over to it yet.
I managed to save the email address I used, but the odds of me getting that address if I use one of those ten minute mail websites again are slim to none.
How do I get to recover those accounts?
>>
>Yes, any money you donate to zizzy/TPA/ponybooru is also being used on furshit archival.
The absolute fucking state
>>
File: ThePonyArchive.png (37 KB, 750x301)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>37272072
Well, fuck.
The threads will become a shitstorm because of this, am I wrong?
>>
>>37272705
Don't forget stuff like https://ponybooru.org/forums/meta/topics/ponybooru-moderation-feedback?post_id=47616#post_47616
>REEE WE WANT TO KEEP FURSHIT ON SITE
>>
so who do I change the $15/month I send to TPA to?
are there any strictly pony archival efforts?
>>
>>37272737
It all comes tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down...
>>
Puritanfags on suicide watch. Hope this provides a number for the people willing to cut their nose off to spite their face.
>>
File: 5829837529.jpg (528 KB, 892x1652)
528 KB
528 KB JPG
>>37272840
furfags will yiff in hell
I won't be subsidizing them
I am a horsefucker
eqg and anthro are the same thing: hideous and offtopic
I canot believe our pony archive is "pulling a ponychan"
>>
>>37272840
You're making the assumption that Zizzy isn't going to funnel the money, which he clearly is with this move.
Not even Rome trusts him not to nuke shit and he's a bigger degenerate than most of us.
>>
>>37272818
Save your money and buy a hard drive instead.
>>
>>37272818
Twibooru, or better >>37272892 get a bunch of 2TB (anything higher is not very reliable) hard drives, or straight up magnetic tape (IIRC it's STILL cheaper per gb) and do an offline backup of pony. More offline backups = better.
>>37272840
>Furry is the perfect sized scope. We already have some decent reach into that fandom because of the crossover, a good portion of our staff are furries, etc
and ponybooru isn't even an archival site in the first place
>>37272872
>I am a horsefucker
this
anyone who does not understand that horsefuckers are not furries and will never be furries deserves to go under
>>
>>37272980
>do an offline backup of pony
Not everyone wants to set up a home server to archive all sites, update it the scripts break, etc.
Some people just want to pay someone to do it.
>>
>>37272872
>I canot believe our pony archive is "pulling a ponychan"
This 100x.
Just fucking nuke furry shit already.
>>
>>37273052
>server
>dumping a torrent onto a hard drive
>>
>>37272872
>i am tired of censorship, i will never visit derpi
>nooo i hate furshit please censor
lmao
>>
>>37273094
>You HAVE to give me money or its censorship.
lmao
>>
>>37273094
>gatekeeping is censorship
lmao
>>
>>37272980
>get a bunch of 2TB (anything higher is not very reliable)
???
I've never had any more issue with larger drives than smaller ones. Usually you can get a better value for the larger drives as well. I think I was paying under $150 per 8tb drive.

>magnetic tape
Usually it's the drives for these that kill the value even if the tape itself might not be too bad (also it's a lot more inconvenient than HDDs I'd imagine).

>>37272872
Anybody who didn't see this coming a mile off with Zizzy at the helm, I don't know what to tell you. This isn't exactly a surprise.
>>
>>37273094
Ponybooru and TPA nukes pony stuff on request anyway so lol to that.
>>
>>37273123
>I've never had any more issue with larger drives than smaller ones.
They're using less reliable storage tech, and in general hitting the limits for magnetic storage density.
>(also it's a lot more inconvenient than HDDs I'd imagine).
For active use, yes, tapes are one hundred percent archival, not something you pull images out on the fly.
>>37273169
>TPA nukes stuff on request
that's retarded
>>
>>37273181
>They're using less reliable storage tech
Only if you buy SMR drives. You can still buy conventional drives in those sizes. In fact, most of the largest drives are actually PMR/CMR. It seems SMR is mainly being used for cost cutting reducing the number of platters and heads in lower cost drives.
>>
>>37272705
This is sad, I've pulled my support.
>>
>>37273123
>Usually it's the drives for these that kill the value even if the tape itself might not be too bad
If you wanna do cold storage archiving, it's super cheap if you just go to an older version. Current latest tech is LTO9, which I'm not sure is even available to consumers. If you go down to LTO7, there are actually a couple of drives offered on ebay, for $2500 or so. LTO6 has a much wider selectin for maybe $500. LTO5? $150-ish.
But go down to LTO4 and you get stuff like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/384262898726, which lets you use stuff like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/254697153229. That's $7 per 800GB tape, or $8.75 per TB. That tape pack WITH the reader is about the same value/TB as your 8TB drive, and from then on it's more than twice as cheap to get more storage.
LTO5 is a similar story - the drive is a bit more of an investment (like I said above, about $100-200), but the tapes hold 1.5TB each and if you find a deal like https://www.ebay.com/itm/284273032624 that's $8/TB. LTO6 is where it really starts to become impractical, because not only are drives going for $400+, but also cheap tapes are that much more difficult to find, so you're not gonna save more - in fact, it'll probably be more like $9-10/TB. The only advantage is that at 2.5TB per tape, it basically makes organisation and storage easier compared to LTO5 (1.5TB) and LTO4 (700GB), so if you wanna archive like 70TB you won't have a hundred tapes lying around, only about 30.
>>
Zizzy is at it again I see. Short reminder since I don't like advertising or proliferation that much.

'I watch it for the plot' (IWIFTP)

Base URIs:
https:// iwatchitfortheplot romesilvanus.io (deprecated)
https://iwiftp.romesilvanus.io (deprecated)
https:// iwatchitfortheplot yerf.org (new main URI)
https://iwiftp.yerf.org (new main URI)

Upload and submission form:
https://drive.yerf.org/wl/?id=VzFkUBR8fTWmS6ZjfR1n26I9gtx34uWa
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfcPQsHIVdcTHdzU5IjTdPFhmHJV5yfzIyMIZsUDU8ZOPSEVw/viewform
Any upload welcome, I'll sort it in in time

Donations, only if you really want:
https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=S3YRB7NETSFKG
BTC: 19H2wg4oDQrWADe1m7jxLDGG7uC5ZuUncv

Useless chat server:
https://matrix.to/#/!DGAWNvNftvNlSNsauQ:matrix.org?via=matrix.org

Provided will be:
Access over HTTP, SFTP, IPFS (in progress; soon)
Plain archiving as long as it is even slightly related
Apolitical archive
No jewish patreon money grabbing
No sudden shutdown without any warning; no constant threatening thereof
Generally no takedowns; no removal
Secret archive (totally not run by me)
All help welcome
No content restrictions
No censorship
Wide array of content served
Always free; no paid access restrictions
No autistic Discord server

I currently run custom archive scripts for:
Derpibooru
Furaffinity
Inkbunny
Ponybooru
Manebooru
Furbooru
YouTube
Tumblr
Websites
Additions welcome

>>37272890
Zizzy whines a lot, but that's nothing new And he never fixes his archive with all the money he gets.
>>
File: .png (482 KB, 400x600)
482 KB
482 KB PNG
I love Fan Site Alternative Thread #50!!!
>>
File: twifag's expenses.png (208 KB, 1040x1020)
208 KB
208 KB PNG
>>37272818
Twibooru, Ponerpics, >>37273547 and/or >>37272892.

>>37273060
Technically it would be a Derpi since they did the same with Furbooru before Ponychan dropped the Pony theme.
>>
>>37273547
>Manebooru
How much stuff you actually get from there?
>Additions welcome
There's some stuff exclusive to twi (imported to poner) but would need extensive checks to make sure there's no dupes.
>>37273597
Did furbooru get derpi (and derpi patreon) money though before the psycho tranny got on the latter though?
>>
>>37273621
For Manebooru, every picture I can get with their API.
I don't have a downloader for Twibooru because they can't keep in line with everyone else and have to make their own API. And I'm too lazy to write code for it.
>>
>>37273509
>there are actually a couple of drives offered on ebay, for $2500 or so
That's still quite an amount of money. For the price of just the drive alone you could buy 136TB worth of the drive I get.
>>
>>37273634
>For Manebooru, every picture I can get with their API.
Yes, but I was asking about actual quantities (a.k.a. "how much activity does nuhtzeeesbooru even get?")
>I don't have a downloader for Twibooru because they can't keep in line with everyone else and have to make their own API. And I'm too lazy to write code for it.
Poner has someone running imports from twibooru and is Philomena so you can just grab from there.
>>
>>37273637
did you even read my post at all
a drive can be had for $40
>>
>>37273702
I didn't open up the ebay link, which is why I didn't see that.
>>
>>37273732
Oh alright. That being said I described prices for various generations including explictly pointing out (twice) the $100-200 price point for LTO5, which is why when you latched on to the $2500 figure I gave as an unrealistic example the natural conclusion was that you didn't even finish reading the first paragraph.
>>
>>37273648
They have (right now) 4013095 image IDs.
1307474 are actual real images.
>>
>>37273648
>>37273764
Also Ponerpics doesn't have an API available as far as I am aware.
>>
>>37272178
>Yes, any money you donate to zizzy/TPA/ponybooru is also being used on furshit archival.
fuck
>>
>>37273787
The API is the same as derpi/pony.
>>
>>37273764
>They have (right now) 4013095 image IDs.
no they don't, they have from 0 to derpi's count during their last staff import, then from 6000000 to 6216628 (at the moment of posting) for manual uploads, including porter action
>>37273787
LOTUS FIX YOUR SHIT FFS
>>
>>37273855
The highest ID the API gives out is 4013095
>>37273827
I was mistaken. However they do stupid shit like like pic related. Now I have to write code just for Ponerpics to put the full url back.
>>
What would you do to fix this board?
>enable IDs
>separate EQG/humanized onto their own board
>generals are moved to own board
>low effort threads banned: cannot post thread if OP no longer than 15 words
>turn on Oekaki
>turn off flags
>>
>>37273907
A list of mostly horrible ideas with a couple of widely-parroted good ones, but
>turn on Oekaki
That's actually genius, and I haven't really seen this suggested before. I am really surprised and disappointed nobody (including myself) thought to bring it up during the town hall thread.
>>
>>37273918
Nah I remember Oekaki was in there somewhere.
Could you elaborate on which ideas are bad and why?
>>
>>37273907
>>enable IDs
Bad idea.

>>separate EQG/humanized onto their own board
Fantastic idea. Should have happened ages ago.

>>generals are moved to own board
Bad idea.

>>low effort threads banned: cannot post thread if OP no longer than 15 words
Bad idea. I really doubt this would do anything about low effort threads.

>>turn on Oekaki
I don't visit weeb boards so I don't know.

Another thing to add:
Ban anthro even in text form. It's starting to spread.

>>turn off flags
YES. I genuinely regret ever voting for them.
>>
>>37273929
>enabled IDs
IDs are basically thread-local namefagging. Boards with IDs have a very different overall attitude to those without IDs, and it's one I really do not like. The whole point of anonymity is that the post is important rather than the poster; with IDs in the thread, people start to build up ad hominems and discussing individual posters rather than just their posts.
95% of shitposters can already be identified by style, or just by virtue of the fact that the posts are bait (and who they were made by is irrelevant). The 5% of cases where someone samefags a genuine-looking conversation, and does so in a way that actually manages to pass off as real, isn't worth the shift that IDs will bring. Not to mention that it's pretty fucking easy to reset an ID, if someone's actually dedicated to putting effort into their shitposting.

>generals moved to their own board
The board is nowhere fast enough for this to be a problem. Maybe you could add a couple more pages to the board to achieve the same effect, but even that does not really feel necessary. Doubly so if EqG got split off, so the half-dozen EqG generals and the 5-20 (depending on time of day) EqG slide threads would all be gone, that would free up a bunch of catalog space.

>low effort threads banned
Ehh, while I don't think it would be particularly detrimental, I don't see much benefit either. Writing a 15 word low effort prompt is really not hard at all, so I really don't think it would do much against shitpost threads. It would just annoy people occasionally. And occasionally, threads born out of an interesting OP picture with no comment can actually grow into a great discussion.

>turn off flags
They're not used universally, but they're a fun feature which brings no harm. Some people complain that they're being used as pseudo-namefagging, but there are still enough people using them that I don't think it's nearly as big a problem as some are making it out to be. Also, if more people used a flag it would make them even less like namefagging.
Certainly i find flags to be much less namefaggy than IDs in a thread.

>>37273992
Oekaki is just MS paint in your browser. Would make things like those MSPaint draw threads much more streamlined (just draw directly in the reply box and post), and might also encourage people to doodle in other random threads.

>turn off flags
>I genuinely regret ever voting for them.
I'm curious, why?
>>
>>37273907
>enable IDs
No, this goes against the spirit of 4chan of total anonymity. There are other websites you can use if you want users to be identifiable, you have plenty of options.
100% yes, it can't go on like this, the problem is beyond control or redemption
No because we have precedent for this in form of /v/ and it didn't help in the slightest.
>low effort threads banned: cannot post thread if OP no longer than 15 words
No because it's trivial to get around
>turn on Oekaki
Clearly yes with so many artists on the board.
>turn off flags
No because it's trivial to disable client side.
>>
>>37273904
Okay the Ponerpics download is working and running
>>
>>37273907
You're about 4 months late. Not that your opinion would have been considered anyway, they just pretend to listen.
>IDs
It was suggested, but a bunch of retards started screeching and opposing to them because muh anonimity. My idea is that these people didn't even know what IDs are and thought of them as forced tripcodes or something. We're not getting those.
>remove barbie
Half of the sticky was basically people asking for this. Guess what, conveniently ignored, brushed aside with generic "it's part of mlp" without addressing the actual problem (spamming, trolling, moderation bias, etc..).
>remove generals
Non-issue. You can filter them easily, they produce content. You are posting in one, btw
>low effort
see the barbie issue. Low effort pony threads are usually removed. Word limit is stupid, you can have a 100 words shitpost and a 4 words potential good thread.
>oekaki
4chanX has tegaki
>flags
The idea is good, the implementation we got is bad. There are too many of them, and they are useless. Flags are meant to represent the poster, not something else. Should have been something like "faustfag", "barbiefag", "(insert_waifu)fag", "background pony" or things like that. A dozen or so flags would have been better.
>>
>>37273907
It's easier convince everyone to use that new hooves imageboard than to convince the dev and mods to do any of these things.

>>37273992
>I don't visit weeb boards so I don't know.
Oekaki is like having a little paint app in the post form. You can draw doodles and post them immediately without having to open an external app. I think only /i/ has that function enabled, but with 4chanX you can put it in every board.
>>
>>37274005
>>37274035
>Oekaki is just MS paint in your browser.
Actually would be pretty cool.

>>turn off flags
>>I genuinely regret ever voting for them.
>I'm curious, why?
People use them as an excuse to push EQG and G5 into even more threads. Also, it's basically namefagging.
>>
>>37274009
Thank you!
>>37273907
hi psycho jerry
>>
>>37274034
>My idea is that these people didn't even know what IDs are and thought of them as forced tripcodes or something
That's a falseflag that everyone keeps repeating for some reason. No, I've posted on boards with IDs, and they're just shit.

>>>37274095
>People use them as an excuse to push EQG and G5 into even more threads.
It's a very convenient market for which posts to completely ignore, as barbiefags out themselves with a tiny 16x16 or something image instead of having to make me look at a full-res barbie image. That said, there's a tiny userscript that completely hides barbie and G5 flags - I don't remember what it was called, but I'll try to find the link.
>Also, it's basically namefagging.
Yeah, I can see that, though like I said in my post I think it's much less than namefagging. Also, it's only even approaching namefagging because a small portion of the board uses them - if every other post had a flag, it would completely fix the "recognisable poster" problem.
>>
>>37274005
>IDs
I do agree that sometimes IDs can turn into identities other than Anonymous. It would be better to just have proper moderation of trolls than to enable IDs.
>generals
Generals break up the flow of the board the same way EQG does. If we had our own site I think having the generals on a separate board wouldn't be that much of a problem. Filters are also a solution but why half ass it?
>flags
Flags defeat the point of anonymity because it gives a face to posters other than Anonymous. It gives people a reason to dismiss posts through, "Oh he's a Celestiafag probably /nmp/ I won't read his post". It doesn't really add anything except tribalism. Most flags use it for psuedo-avatarfagging. (sunsetschizo, glimmerflag)
>>37274008
/vg/ was pretty successful wasn't it? /v/ is still a shithole though but that's more about the relocation of generals allowing more of /v/'s ragey Mountain Dew-ey goodness to shine through than a problem caused by the creation of /vg/ itself.
>>37274035
Yeah, being attached to the behomoth that is 4chan is both a curse and a bl- no, mostly just a curse.
>>
>>37274104
>hi psycho jerry
That wouldn't even make any sense. If Zizzy were in charge here he'd welcome even furshit with open arms.

>>37274116
>It's a very convenient market for which posts to completely ignore
>barbiefags out themselves with a tiny 16x16 or something image instead of having to make me look at a full-res barbie image.
I don't see it as any different from posting a full picture in thread. When I voted yes to flags it was before I knew that barbie flags would be added.

>>37274137
>Generals
Generals, unlike EQG, I don't think could even be definitively defined. Such a set up would basically result in any thread that caught on for more than a single thread to be moved to the general board. I don't see issue with waifu generals, threads like this, the PPP, drawthread, or many of the others. A lot of the generals that are bad I think would see a lot of improvement from the removal of barbiefags.
>>
>>37274137
>Generals break up the flow of the board the same way EQG does
I really don't see the comparison. I come to a pony board to look at ponies. When I see a pony general I think "cute pony, but I'm not interested in the thread" and scroll past, just the same as if I see any other thread that doesn't look interesting. When I see a barbie I think "ew barbie", and that's why it doesn't belong on a pony board.

>It gives people a reason to dismiss posts through, "Oh he's a Celestiafag probably /nmp/ I won't read his post".
The thing is flags are a conscious choice. If you put on a Celestia flag, you're openly identifying yourself as a Celestiafag.
Something a lot of people forget is that you can achieve the exact same thing with a reaction image. The same Celestiafag, if he wanted to make it clear he was a Celestiafag before flags were a thing, only had to post an image of Celestia. In fact, you still see this being done with e.g. glimmer images, due to one simple fact - an image thumbnail is several hundred times larger and more visible than a flag. So images have always been a way for people to give their post some sort of identity, and it's a much more effective way than flags, to the point where it's still used today.

The only problem I see is if you're e.g. the only one using a particular flag, and you keep it permanently on. But again, that wouldn't be a problem if more people used flags, so people like that wouldn't be uniquely recognisable (though even right now identifying people by flags is extremely unreliable).

>>37274158
>I don't see it as any different from posting a full picture in thread.
Other than the size difference, there's one huge advantage of flags: there's a hardcoded set of them, and it's absolutely trivial to filter out the EqG ones. I found the flag filter script, by the way: https://github.com/MaresOnMyFace/flag-hider
Install this and never see another barbie fag again, as if they had never been added.

In comparison, EqG images are almost impossible to filter out. The best solution we have is an insane addon that filters images based on a several hundred thousand hash blocklist, which is not only crazy, but also easy to circumvent by just creating a new image. Even if the filters are constantly updated based on art posted to boorus and whatnot, anyone can trivially make a new screenshot of EqG shows. And even easier - just edit a single pixel to make the image have a totally different hash value.

If flags make barbies post fewer images because they can just set a flag to trumpet their shittiness to everyone, and I can filter that 100% reliably in 69 lines of code (nice), I'll take that over a futile attempt to filter hundreds of thousands of MD5s that a shitposter can spend five seconds to defeat if they ever really want to.
>>
>>37274158
point being that it's an attempt to distract people from ongoing discussion about how psycho jerry a shit and is using money given to him for pony for furshit (or as Rome says, NOT for his pony archive) instead
>>
>>37274158
A continuation of a thread is fine but after the original conversation is finished it turns into a general with long greens and sporadic discussion. Then they should be moved to a general board where it's slower or even permanent. Otherwise you get necrobumped gens that take up space on the catalog that really don't produce much daily and are dependent on one or two writefags to update their longstanding greens. That is when it starts disturbing the flow of a board.
>>
>>37274254
It's not an attempt at anything. If you want more people to know about the Pony Archive issue you should make your own thread instead of leaving it in this general nobody checks.
>>
>>37274286
okay, psycho jerry, I'll totally follow your advice to have the thread hidden by majority or deleted by jannies for being outside its intended general, instead of posting it IN said intended general, where people discuss it just fine when not being distracted by your desperate attempts to guide conversation away
>>
>>37274286
>not sure if retarded
>>
>>37274211
>there's a hardcoded set of them, and it's absolutely trivial to filter out the EqG ones.
They shouldn't be in pony threads to begin with. Filtering only allows them to proliferate.

>>37274275
A general board I feel would only make generals even worse, as they'd get even less traffic and visibility. Which would really harm threads trying to get new people involved.
>>
File: mare.gif (4 KB, 90x51)
4 KB
4 KB GIF
>>37274325
>Filtering only allows them to proliferate.
And yelling at them only lets them shit up threads even more.
Damn their memory, filter their flags and images and starve them of attention.
Also post mares.
>>
>>37274275
>Otherwise you get necrobumped gens that take up space on the catalog
>space on the catalog
As I've mentioned above, how is this even a problem? Banning all the EqG threads would already free up more space than the generals are taking up, I feel. If necessary, a couple more pages could even be added for the board. But I still feel like neither of those measures are necessary.
A board has a shortage of catalog space if good threads with active discussion regularly die just because there was a brief lull of posting. If you can be participating in an interesting discussion, then you go have dinner, then come back and the thread's dead despite the discussion being left off midway, then the catalog is too short. A problem like that was rampant on /vg/ for example - slower generals for slightly less popular games had to constantly bump every half an hour or so, because otherwise they'd get pushed out by the 500 gacha generals cycling the board. Then /vg/ catalog space was doubled, and now even slower generals can survive at their own pace, even if sometimes there's an hour or two without new posts in them.

/mlp/ does not have this problem at all. During peak hours on an active day, it takes maybe 4-5 hours for a thread to archive. Off-peak and on slower days, it can take 12-16 hours. If there's active discussion going on and the thread is actually good and interesting, it's very, very rare for it to archive without someone at least bumping it.
Segregating the generals would add maybe 20 spots to the catalog. It might extend the time for a non-general to archive by maybe half an hour, at most. There's nothing to fix, and if there were, moving the generals out wouldn't do much at all.
>>
>>37274325
>Filtering only allows them to proliferate.
Not sure what your logic is. Barbiefags - the actual people who like and post eqg - are around, and will remain around unless EqG gets banned and/or split off. Barbie flags are one possible manifestation a barbiefag can use to signal their presence and shove it on everyone. Before barbie flags existed, the same posters were always there, often posting barbie images in threads. After barbie flags, the exact same people are making the exact same posts, just occasionally with the addition of a barbie flag. Had flags been added without EqG versions, the exact same people would still have been making the exact same posts, just without using flags.

So the flags don't actually change the content on the board. The only thing they do change is that you can see that the poster is an EqGfag, and you can see the EqG sprite. Filtering them doesn't make anything "proliferate" - again, barbiefags have been making, are making and will continue making the same posts regardless of whether they use a flag or not, and regardless of whether you can see their flag or not.

So, when talking about flags specifically and nothing else, I really don't see what downside filtering them could have.
>>
>>37274357
The problem isn't the catalog space a general takes up it's about the flow of the board. It's tiring to see the same OP every day. Just my 'tism. It's easily fixed by hiding them anyway.
>>
>>37274368
But it still puts EQG into a thread where it shouldn't be.
>>
>>37274423
Well that's sort of the problem
The jannies are supposed to remove that. But obviously...
>>
>>37274423
how fucking dense are you?
>>
>>37273907
>enable IDs
no thank you, the flags are more than enough
completely agreed
disagree
>low effort threads banned: cannot post
thread if OP no longer than 15 words
definitely disagree with this one
it's not how much you say, it's what you say
>turn on Oekaki
yes
>turn off flags
nah, I get to filter g5 because they sure do love using their flags
>>
>>37274034
>muh anonymity
are you fucking for real bro
do you even know where you are?
>>
>>37274614
Yes. IDs have nothing to do with identity. You still remain anonymous as ever, and nobody can track your posts across threads or boards.
The only thing they do is prevent samefagging by showing what posts in the thread belong to each poster, which in non-samefagging scenarios is usually already pretty obvious by following reply chains.
So if you bring up anonymity you're a tard, hence the "muh".
>>
>>37274614
God I just roll my fucking eyes when these clowns yammer on about muh """"""""""anonymity""""""""" nowadays. As if 90% of them aren't jerking off in dicksword servers and know each other well enough to tell who's posting what when they're """anons""".
>>
>>37274652
>The only thing they do is prevent samefagging
Lmao. It'll be no different than faggots claiming vpn any time the poster counter goes up.
>>
Damn, invasion of derpiniggers tonight.
>>
>>37274664
Nah just a slow day and the Discordfags are deciding to take the opportunity to shit up the catalog
How would an admin prevent offboarders influencing the board? Just good moderation I guess. Sucks we have less and less of that here
>>
>>37274664
>>37274667
Well whoever it is, there's a shit load of barbie spam threads today.
>>
Why do you retards think there will ever be an eqg board? It’s more likely that eqg gets re-allowed into /co/, but that won’t happen either.
>>
>>37274781
Why so hostile niggerman? Afraid you'll get left out? Access to pony threads is not a human right
>>
>>37274784
>calling you retarded is hostile
go and stay go
>>
>>37274662
which is why discord is not compatible with 4chan and is making things worse
>>
>>37274683
I have 37 threads filtered
I have anxiety whenever the number is above 20
realistically, it should be 0
>>
>>37274781
/trash/ is a better home for it because ponies are allowed there as well as anthro which eqg is
>>
>>37274833
EQG isn't anthro
>>
If I wanted to read the ideas of narcicist idiots who think they know how to cleanse 4chan of the "cancer" without realizing they are part of it, I'd go to /qa/. Cease your metafaggotry that doesn't involve the alternative sites.
>>
>>37274842
eqg is anthro
>>
>>37274829
Yeah, it's exceedingly bad today. I'm very cautious about hiding threads and only hide throll threads and threads that insult pony, including all eqg. Despite that, the number of hidden threads went from an average ~8 to 27 today.
I don't generally believe the "group X is behind this" posts but this just has to be coordinated in some way.
>>
>>37274897
>this picture of text proves my point
And it doesn’t even do that.
>>
>>37274897
I'm not an eqg fag but this doesn't make sense to me. Do you consider neko weebshit to be anthro too? Eqg is shitty version of a humanized """ponies""" that was created as a response to Monster High's popularity. Anthro necessitates fur/animal legs/animal faces which, as far as I'm aware, aren't a thing in eqg.
>>
>>37275033
oh my god you're doing that exact thing
holy shit it's real
you really are like that hahaha
I can't believe I got to see it in action >>37272637
>>
>>37275039
Not at all, that shit is gay. I hate eqg and what it did to the board. But you need to use your brain to describe WHY you hate it to not look like an idiot.
>>
>>37275039
>ohemjee I saw a common thing!
>guise! I saw the thing!
People have to put a disclaimer otherwise you'll shit yourself.
>>
>>37275033
>>37275054
Are you new or baiting (you)s?
All he ever does is post the same 20 images. Makes all anti-barbie posters look bad.
You will not get any answer.
>>
>>37275070
I was just curious because I firmly believe that eqg should be banished to /co/ instead of trash. they would ruin the clop thread even more

On a second thought, this is not the place for this discussion. Eqg ban on /mlp/ is unlikely to happen soon and this isn't the thread to discuss definitions of egg/furshit.
>>
Anyone have an archive link to the Sunset footjob green posted a few weeks ago?
>>
>>37275140
No. Go ask some barbie thread instead.
>>
>>
>>37275162
Or you could answer the question since it's related to the archives.
>>
>>37275711
>Related to the archives
No. The barbiefag should go back to whatever thread he originally saw it in and ask there.
>>
>>37275711
>archives
Links to the archives are in the OP. You can search in them yourself.
The actual specific question is related to people reading sunset footjob greens, and you will unironically have more luck asking about it in a barbie thread than here. Any animosity aside, you are simply extremely unlikely to find anyone who knows about that specific green in this thread.
>>
>>37262981
Spoiler: Yes.
>>
>>37275777
Is it a surprise?
>>
>>37276197
No.
>>
>>37276197
Nope, I just wish there was more discussion besides endless variations of "people like things that I don't and I saw them liking it and now I am mad!"
>>
>>37276518
And you failed to pick up on what was this discussion about.
>>
>>37262864
>Pastebin has begun deleting greentexts on the site.

why not just remove all the carots so it's not a greentext?
>>
>>37276579
They were nuking all kinds of content whether it was "greentext" or not.
>>
File: dash bait.jpg (145 KB, 774x663)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>37276574
Suuuuure.
>>
>>37276579
You can't even say "bingo", that's an offensive word or something and gets you on the naughty list.
>>
>>37276579
>all the carots
What kind of slang is that
>>
>>37276644
>He doesn't speak Bunnygga slang
Typical rich whitey boyo
>>
File: 1626064374963.jpg (233 KB, 1080x1632)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>37245922
>>
>26 hidden threads and 13 filtered threads
Come on, mods. Either hire more staffers if you can't handle the workload or enable individual IDs but please get rid of the spammers already.
It's plain obvious they aren't here to do or contribute with anything of value so nothing of value will be lost by collaring them all already.
>>
>>37277003
Accounts would solve all of our problems.
>>
>>37277060
>4chan accounts
I know you're trolling and all, but come on. At least try.
>>
>>37277132
I'm not.
>>
>>37277060
Adding accounts would do nothing if the janitors don't do their job and delete/ban trolls
>>
>>37277164
Downvotes then. Get enough downvotes and you get automatically banned.
>>
>>37277177
has there ever been a system tried which only allows downvotes?
you see the ones with both, which eventually disable downvotes and only allow upvotes, but has there ever been the opposite?
>>
>>37277186
sorta?
commutes.ga
>>
>>37277003
>0 hidden threads and 0 filtered ones
Maybe sort based on creation date instead of last bump?
>>
>>37277237
Or maybe it would be better to not have any shit threads in the first place instead of being baited into just putting up with them, hmmm?
>>
>>37277333
>reee
>stop liking what I don't like
>>
Why is this thread always such a shitshow? Literally nothing but constant trolling, baiting and false flagging. Out of all the threads in the catalog, why this one?
>>
>>37277661
To answer that question, ask yourself who benefits from the thread about alternate fan sites having little meaningful discussion.
>>
>>37277527
>noooooo! I want to keep shitting up your plaaaace!
>>
>>37277661
>always
You must not hang out here often. It’s usually quiet bump city
>>
I'm just here waiting for ponepaste updates.
>Based ponepasteanon quietly rebuilds a site from scratch while people are screeching at each other like howler monkeys in heat over boorus
>>
For lack of a better term, what's a "considerate" amount of bandwidth to use per day for scraping boorus for personal use?
>>
>>37277003
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>37278061
I know, right?

>>37277681
That implies they'd gain any benefit from shitting up this place, which is super dubious. Like the other anon said, it's normally quiet bump city here, and the thread's hidden way down on the catalog, but all this shitposting keeps the thread on the front page constantly.
>>
File: plus one bump.png (61 KB, 550x500)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>
>>37279049
What a cute mare
>>
>>37276973
>bingo is banned
What the fuck?
>>
>>37279537
Clearly they hate old hags and their sunday raffle games. No clue what it may reffer to however, maybe some obscure slang tumblr just decided it wasn't appropiate?
>>
I see quite a few people in here claiming that this and that post is psycho jerry. I must live rent free in everyone's head. Some of you are even claiming TPA deletes stuff, like damn if I'm deleting stuff why do we have a 77TB server almost full.

Speaking of saving space I'm moving our non-pony general archive off of the hardware it was on (this includes the /k/ archive) onto my other hardware node. When done this will free up a little over 10TB on the main node allowing for another year or so of archiving before that space too will be gone by the archival of the pony.

I recently started this sad sack of shit called The Furchive. I asked ~7000 furries to help with this. Unfortunately furries aren't interested in saving or identifying shit worth saving. I guess there isn't anything.

The fortunate thing for you guys is that on July 23rd thanks to the effort from SOME of you, nearly every unlisted pony ever posted on the chans or eqd or several other forums will be stored away in the /quickchive/ portion of TPA's main site.

Some of you know me, some of you know I hate YouTube deleting shit, and *some* of you know that it isn't just your community that has shit on YouTube.

Thank you for removing your support for noticing. Have a wonderful day / night!
>>
>>37279604
>furries aren't interested in saving or identifying shit worth saving. I guess there isn't anything.
For once you may be right about something. Lmao.

Also, will you confirm or deny the usage of funds from the TPA Patreon for furshit?
>>
>Jenny's a pass user since electioncancer
pottery
>>
>>37277661
>Out of all the threads in the catalog
Have you actually ever looked at any other threads?
>>
>>37279604
>Some of you are even claiming TPA deletes stuff, like damn if I'm deleting stuff why do we have a 77TB server almost full.
Is TPA immune to DMCA/takedowns? I think that was the concern here. While you're known to be mentally unstable, I don't think anyone was seriously claiming that you just delete stuff at will.

>I recently started this sad sack of shit called The Furchive.
>Thank you for removing your support for noticing.
The issue isn't you archiving furry shit. Rome has like a dozen TB of furry, too. The issue is when you use funds from "The Pony Archive"'s subscribestar to fund "The Furchive".
I realise that in practice, if you buy storage for TPA but then it's just sitting free and you wanna archive furry, it's not always practical to separate what funds bought what storage disks and what hardware etc. But a basic rule of thumb would be, if people pay you SPECIFICALLY to host TPA, then that money should go to TPA and not compromise on anything else - e.g. if you put furchive on the same storage as TPA, and it starts running out of space, first thing you do is move furshit out of TPA's server.
Once you're well organised enough to be able to remove "the furchive" from the subscribstar's description, people might calm down.
>>
>>37279615
You'd have to actually earmark it for that when you started the pledge. I'm not going to use existing funds for that unless someone who was already an existing donor asked to pledge a portion of their donations to that project (or any other project. There's still donors who earmark a small portion of funds to keep the original /k/ (general) archive online. So when I design a new server I have to make sure I have *somewhere* to keep that data online.
Needless to say, as it stands now that site doesn't look like it's going anywhere because they (furries) don't seem to care that a very good portion of their shit from 2007-2017 is about to go straight to the garbage bin.
It's a pretty big loss, but if they don't care I don't care. I just though it'd be something to see if anyone was interested in and if it brought money in - cool, get them to fund a separate server and rack it. TPA benefits by getting newer hardware while we're at it. Z+ grows a bit and becomes even more capable at taking on ever larger projects in the process.
TPA is by no means the only archive of pony, and hopefully it never will be the only archive. The entire project is about trying to preserve as much pony as possible and there's a lot of folks in the project that have their own archives of stuff. I'm really thankful for that as their own projects and help means that TPA becomes more complete with time.
>>37279753
I'm a little slow at responding ^
>>
>>37279604
>I asked ~7000 furries to help with this.
What, on some dicksword server? Anyone on those is a bookburner, why would they help you save anything when they want to destroy stuff that is not theirs?
>Unfortunately furries aren't interested in saving or identifying shit worth saving. I guess there isn't anything.
Additionally, furry stuff in general isn't under urgent threat of destruction, it has dozens of sites and those sites don't openly yeet certain types of content (in no small part because they can't track it hur hur), so furfags obviously don't care about archival, unlike horsefuckers with the 1.5 sites total.
>>
File: 1603902891982.png (255 KB, 874x972)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
>>
>>37277003
>Over 13 trillion hidden posts
>All because i filtered the word "barbie"
>This post of my own will disappear as soon as I post it
>Board quality is through the roof, back to 2012 levels
I don't know why I didn't think of filtering you autists sooner
>>
>>37280202
That's a very high-quality mare
>>
>>37279604
how can we be sure that you wont just pool all of the donations received for the pony archive to support other projects under "Z+" which is what the description of the subscribestar suggests will happen?
what steps do you take to ensure that doesnt happen?
>>
>>37279604
>I see quite a few people in here claiming that this and that post is psycho jerry. I must live rent free in everyone's head.
Derpibooru hates you and you already know this.
>>
>>37280580
You mean, is he going to accidentally start doing the thing he just said he's not doing? >>37279759
Between the two of you, you sound like the crazy one.
>>
Did I find Twibooru’s secret surprise?
>>
File: 527548.png (20 KB, 841x187)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>37281350
you sound SO MUCH like a redditor holy fuck
you are probably the one also saying "purityfag" as if there is a negative connotation there, which there is not
there is also not a negative connotation for being a "faustfag" or liking the first season of the show, fyi
anyway, literally read what it says in pic related
I want to know if any steps are being taken to ensure that the money I send to the pony archive is not being pooled into some "z+ network" and subsidizing some furfag fucks who are going to hell and don't even give a shit about their own content
>>
>>37281361
Are they hosted in a different country to not comply with DMCA?
>>
File: ponepaste.org.png (11 KB, 1536x611)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
PONEPASTEANON IS WORKING HARD, LET'S GIVE HIM OUR ENERGY!
>>
>>37281385
Everything is under Z+, as in: everything in the network is hosted by myself.
In terms of steps being taken: If a project isn't garnering financial support (relative to how much resources it uses or requires) it doesn't get expanded and is placed on hold until someone wants to fund it.
>But it's on the same hardware!
Most people don't realize that the hardware that will be powering most Z+ sites from now on, except TPA / Project Vinyl was purchased solely on my dime. I have a few paying clients that use a portion of the hardware to help subsidize the cost of hosting. This benefits the network, and thus benefits the overall sustainability of TPA.
It allowed me to discontinue 3 EU servers and will be discontinuing 2 USA servers soon. These savings from canceling rented services in favor of my self-owned system help offset the increase in running costs.
>But I don't want fur shit to be funded!!!
If a project doesn't require any funding to start then it doesn't get any funding. Since the new hardware is so powerful, it has cost nothing but some wasted free time. Improvements were actually made to the software I use in the process, making having tried this a net benefit to TPA, and you guys. I even caught a bug in my code that only happens on new installations.
>what does this fur trash take right now
1gb ram, 1 "core" (0.5 core limit), 20gb of HDD.

>you never told us you bought new hardware, what is it?
It's a 28 core, 256GB ram, 5x NVMe monster. It's got a 70TB ZFS array built in for project and client block-storage. Dual NVMe cache for the array for performance. Separate NVMe's for client, project and OS use.
>bruh
Yes it cost myself an arm and a leg. I really wanted to get rid of all of the rented units and be entirely self-owned. It's a net benefit for everyone.
>how is my money used
Pays the monthly and yearly bills for TPA, Project Vinyl, Ponybooru, various vps, streaming network for the anniversary stream, domain renewals. Keeps everything online. Any excess is just stashed for hardware failure or build-up when a new server is needed.
Eventually TPA will need a larger node as our data set will outgrow the ~77TB volume. Next server will probably have 24 full size bays - like a 2 deep 12 bay Super Server from Supermicro.
>>
>>37282006
okay
I'm not going to pull my support, but I really want you to know that I am not interested in funding any furchives or furry boorus or furry fucking anything
I am sending my money for ponies only
>>
Should marenheit dlc and stream art also be tagged as the art pack? I might look into uploading the remaining images later.
>>
>>37282207
Sure why not? It will make them easier to find as well.
>>
Hey twifag, if you're here it could be nice to have charset=UTF-8 in the Content-Type header for text files on smutty. I know I mentioned this already, but I've recently seen a few more people think that their text files have been corrupted because they see characters like ’. Thanks for all your hard work!
>>
>>37281385
>you sound SO MUCH like a redditor holy fuck
>hurr durr muh reddit
Not an argument

>you are probably the one also saying "purityfag"
Also not an argument. I'm not that guy but you're making me star to lean that way with your idiocy.

>there is also not a negative connotation for being a "faustfag" or liking the first season of the show, fyi
Attacking a point nobody made! This is like a hat trick of butthurt moron posting. It's okay to like season 1, it's okay to be a faustfag, it's okay to not like EqG or whatever, but it's not okay to be an annoying retard about it and shit up the thread.

>literally read what it says in pic related
Literally read what he says in the thread instead of >inferring things from that pic and getting mad about what you imagine will happen.
>>
>>37282604
>inferring things from that pic
nigger that is the description and declared statement of what the money supports
you aren't worthless, you're worse than that because you bring things down past zero
>>
>>37282604
>Not an argument
Outsiders always say that when they are caught.
>>
File: file.png (8 KB, 1202x779)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
Poneb.in appears to be down. It was working about an hour ago, then started to give me a hosting error, and now returns nothing.
>>
>>37282604
you must be new here
there's no way you'd not notice who are you arguing with
only one anon on this board writes like this and it's your fault for not noticing
even more so for expecting any discussion
it's more effective than namefagging
you can't even filter this shit

>>37281385
>>37282645
And as always, fuck you too for making all Faustfags look like schizos.
>>
>>37282215
Doing local dupe checking makes me realize how much of a pain it will be to tag existing images, especially on ponerpics.
>>
>>37282747
I think it goes down for an hour every day for maintenance. Something to do with dynamic IPs? Try later and see if it's still down
>>
>>37282730
"You're an outsider" is literally a dodge, it's a way to avoid addressing what someone's saying and try to change the subject. It's a brainlet move.
>>
>>37282926
oh I see, thanks for the info will do
>>
File: two keks.png (100 KB, 296x334)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>37282757
6/10 impression. You got the punctuation and formatting right but the style could use some work. Next time try adding more descriptions into the personal attacks and keep the overall tone more condemning. An off-the-wall assumption leading to an ad hominem is also sorely missing (e.g. you people, you must be one of, your kind). Optionally consider including one of his signature pics, they add a lot.
>>
>>37282935
Still down. Is he having a power outage?
>>
>>37283123
maybe, but I wouldn't quite know myself
>>
>>37281404
My memory is rusty but that sounds right.
>>
>>37263911
Maybe this will get these questions answered.

>>37262868
>>37282265
>>
>>37282747
>>37282926
>>37282935
>>37283123
>>37283176
>its down
Both the main and the backup (cellular) internet connection went down exactly the same time around 2am local time, and recovered around 4am. Seems like the service provider(s) uses the same connection on their side for both. Good to know...

>maintenance
Its just a scheduled reboot of the server, which takes ~2-5 minutes.
>>
>>37284460
>Seems like the service provider(s) uses the same connection on their side for both. Good to know...
There might only be a couple lines going to your area. For example where I'm at there's a line that goes to the north and a line that goes to the south. A while back a landslide took out the one to the north and a fire destroyed the one to the south. Whole county was without internet for the better part of a week.
>>
>>37284460
>Seems like the service provider(s) uses the same connection on their side for both.
If the goal was to have redundancy, sounds like did outage proves it doesn't work and you can cancel the cellular internet and save yourself some bucks
>>
Oh, btw whoever scraped ponebin yesterday, please stop. There is nothing on it what's not in one of the listed archives what's on the main page.
I can upload the mashed together dataset what is used as the source, but it contains many many errors (like striping away formatting). I recommend downloading the archives from the list on the main page, instead.
>>
>>37284484
>cancel the cellular internet
Its only 3$ a month for 15Gb. If there is a power outage then the FTTH connection is unavailable usually, but the cellular one works as that is considered as an emergency service (not the internet connection but 2G voice calls, and since its a 4G only network it means that mobile data is highly likely always available too).
The whole mobile service went down yesterday.

I will have to switch to another landline (plus mobile) internet provider in the upcoming years anyway as the government decided that they don't like this ISP and actively trying to sabotage it : preventing them from partaking in auctions for frequency bands, denying them building permits while the other ISP is free to tear up my garden to install their underground optical cable which no one will use nor does it need a 1m diameter conduit for a 0.5cm optical cable, etc. The other ISP will literally tear up my garden in the 1-2 month . And everyone's in this residential area, I saw the plans they literally want to demolish personal driveways, drill under roads & buildings, etc. Reason? By code can't install the wire to the posts, as the the highest wire is the power one, then 1m below that ISP1 (coax), one meter below that ISP2 (optical), and by code they would be required to install it 1 meter below ISP2 which is too low. Fuck this stupid code, why can't they bundle together the 3 ISP cables? Optical cables don't interfere with the others...
>>
Alright thread, should wip images be archived? Actually, dumb question. Assuming final versions are already present, what kind of wip images should be uploaded to the boorus? Blobs of colour? Clean linework? Rough sketches with construction lines? Screenshots of the art program?
>>
>>37284705
Always upload WiP images. It's often neat to see the work in progress versions. Also, the WiPs can sometimes be better looking than the final version.
>>
>>37272072
>>37272737
I and others tried to warn him about this when he first floated the idea like a year? ago, but I guess it didn't stick. and I say this as a furfag
>>
>>37284764
I fucking knew we had degenerates among us.
>>
>>37284750
It's also incredibly obnoxious to scroll through a gorillion variants of the same image.
>>
>>37284207
I don't know about pony.tube. Yes, for smutty it's convenient to upload formats that play right in the browser, if your goal is to share something and maximize the number of people who will see it. Which formats to use is probably best found through experience (e.g. open stuff locally in your browser to test)
There's also the ShareX uploader, which could be handy (you can also POST to that URL with curl if you want).
Finally, the smutty filename is generated from the upload time. I've been thinking of a user script that will add the time next to any smutty link, but I haven't gotten around to it
>>
>>37284839
Have you heard of filters? You can remove wip from your results.
>>
>>37285198
Have you heard of "opt-in is better than opt-out"?
>>
>>37285298
>you should have to opt in to seeing any tag on a booru
based retard
>>
>>37284839
>>37285198
>>37285298
>>37285350
Luna was planning to implement danbooru parent/child equivalent back in 2015 or earlier (not sure which Luna)
byte[] was planning to implement Sets in Sep 2020 (which is just parent/child under other name).
Feature like that also was discussed in this thread several times.
>>
>>37285409
the description of sets made it seem like it was definitely not parent/child
>>
>>37285431
parent/children are used for variants
sets are used for variants
I think Sets are more "flat", and parent/child are more "tree-like", but other than that the purpose is the same.
>>
>>37285473
I am pretty sure parent/child does not collapse images in the search into one, unlike sets.
>>37285409
Nebulon, Meow wasn't anywhere near Derpi at that time.
>>
>>37285506
I must elaborate that Luna's idea was tag-based, and yes, in theory it was for "collapse" feature.
>>
File: wdytwa.png (155 KB, 500x500)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
>>37284836
>I fucking knew we had degenerates among us.
>>
>>37286161
You know what i mean.
>>
>>37284764
>and I say this as a furfag
Only cretins wield their degeneracy around as if it were some kind of pride badge.
>>
>>37286521
That didn't sound like "waving it around like a pride badge." And you don't have to be a degenerate to like furry stuff But that's the way to place your bets
>>
>>37286521
Stop forcing yourself to get offended in order to use your feefees as a cudgel, that's literally a social justice tactic.
>>
>>37286599
Stop pretending that lusting after animales is a normal thing to say and then we will talk.
>>
I think it's time for an updoot.
First things first, thanks to those anon who's helped out, emailing me good advice and offering dev support. At this moment, Ponepaste now has two devs working on the site me and another anon. (I won't say who, as it's his choice to put his name to the project).
Anyway, he's been working hard teaching me how to do things differently and going through my alphabet soup. Now the site runs much faster, the security hole has been patched, the database has been restructured. I probably can safely say (at this moment in time) the code is a fraction of the paste framework. In other words, the front end looks the same but the engine behind it is different.

Now for the good stuff. I've decided to make the data in the database valueless as possible. So emails are being scrubbed from the database, we have a new system from where you can recover your account using a recovery key (in which you copy or download). On top of that, the recovery keys are regenerated when you change your password.
So if Celestia forbid, there is another breach, the collateral damage will be minimal as it'll be just username and hashes. This doesn't mean it'll be an excuse for weak security, as the website will be going through a testing phase before release.
The captcha system has been overhauled, now with the reporting system, I'll allowing guest pastes once more. (Though all guest pastes will be public) this is due to spam prevention, and it'll be easily reported.
Guest paste and the registration form will have a captcha.

After the testing period, there will be new features added, till then the website will function mostly the same.

Sorry for being a bit vague on some things, I don't wish to make false promises until the testing phase.
>>
>>37286749
strong response
keep it up
>>
>>37286749
Sounds good.
>>
>>37286749
>recovery key
I would say still email it to the newly registered user immediately and ask to confirm the registration with the received key. No need to store the email address, just make sure that the user has one copy of the key for sure. Because 99% won't save the recovery key, and/or lose immediately.
>front end the same
Ah, I was hoping that you remove the 20 frameworks that the ui depends on.

Other stuff:
>1
Can you remove the ability to create unlisted pastes? Imho they are pointless. Add private ones, but not unlisted. Or make it time limited unlisted, like unlisted for a week max then it switches to private.
Reasons: there are a few people who like to put only one paste public and fill it with links to unlisted pastes of their stories instead of having the stories public. Its annoying.
>2
Will you add periodic dumps of all public + unlisted pastes with a separate metadata file?
Every paste in its own txt file named the ID only, and one common file with the metadatas of all pastes in the dump.
>>
Can someone explain to me the meaning of threads like this?
>>37282149

It looks like a random image dump.
>>
File: 1598832098167.gif (1.21 MB, 444x250)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB GIF
>>37286939
Each image you open is a complete surprise, it's FUN. I'm almost pissed off you couldn't realize that.
>>
>>37287000
It's shit
>>
>>37287009
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1625180519118.png (243 KB, 680x729)
243 KB
243 KB PNG
>>37287000
>>37287012
>>37287022
Oh sorry, I have spoilers disabled.
Silly me.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (192 KB, 641x387)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
>>37286939
You never seen a spoiler thread?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (399 KB, 900x980)
399 KB
399 KB PNG
A spoiler so rich it needs 3 whole takes.
>>
>>37287040
Its 1am, I'm not in my best form.
>>
>>37286749
>Gets hit with a serious issue
>Builds the site back to perform even better than it used to
PPA, why are you (and your nameless coworker now) so incredibly based?
>>
>>37286749
>Ponepaste now has two devs working on the site me and another anon
I hope this means you are finally using some form of version control
>>
>>37286887
>Can you remove the ability to create unlisted pastes? Imho they are pointless.
No? Please re-read discussion about it a few threads back, several months ago. Many Anons want site just to host greens, which will be linked to in the thread, and don't want unrelated people from non-thread.
>>
File: gilda all dweebs gtfo.png (143 KB, 587x521)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>37287090
Only dweebs don't use version control.
>>
>>37287573
>page 10
I take it back, dweebs don't have to GTFO! Come on back!
>>
>>37284555
Everything about that sounds bassackwards, sorr man. Glad the site's okay though.
>>
>>37286749
This may sound like a question with an obvious answer but I may as well ask it. When the site goes back online and recover our accounts, will we still have our viewcounts for our greens or are those fucked and gone and we're starting from the ground up again?
>>
>>37288301
Not a programmer and certainly not ponepasteanon, but I don't see why those would vanish. It's just a value stored in a database associated with each entry; there's no reason why those values couldn't be pulled forward into a new database if PPA wants to scrub some stuff stored in the old one.
>>
>>37288188
The dweebs should still GTFO, just need non-dweebs to replace them.
>>
File: 123538.jpg (126 KB, 1100x1000)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
Twibooru is looking to change its quick tag bar. Any suggestions for what tags to include or what groups to form would be appreciated, both sfw and nsfw.
>>
>>37289894
I'd recommend removing all the spoiler tags for one.
Probably keep the episode and season tags, but add a shorthand like s1e11. Of course two-parters would need two aliases, like s1e1 and s1e2 both being aliases for Friendship is Magic.
Maybe have a backgrounds tab with one column for gradient, simple, transparent, checkered, etc. and a secondary column for the solid colored backgrounds.
In the "often forgotten" section, I'd add male and female. Might also move some of those tags into their own column for art type; irl, cosplay, plushie, merchandise, traditional art, animated, gif, webm, comic, etc.
>>
File: 67.png (115 KB, 559x618)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>37262864
Is there a site that hosts mlp episodes in different dubbings than English?
>>
>>37287090
>2021
>Not using nondecimal entropic-alpha-numerical base seven version control
I got it covered.
>>37287198
If I take it away, I get flooded with emails calling me a faggot and to put them back. Like when I removed the sidebar for a period of time.
Anons like things to progress while everything stays the same.
>>37288301
It's all still there. You're likes and favs and such are safe.
>>
don’t know where else to post this, so here you go
xjenn9 is turning his “art” into NFTs because I guess even retards can become scammers
>>
>>37290094
Yes, for example http://mlp-france.com/
That's the only one I know of, though I bet there are others. Maybe someone has a big list.
>>
>>37290397
Hey PonePaste anon, is it possible to make it so that new stories or updated stories are automatically saved in the WayBackMachine? It would prevent any sort of loss if that was the case
>>
>>37290706
I'll look into it.
>>
do we have a pony themed browser?
>>
>>37290689
who? And what the fuck is NFTs?
>>
What happened to mulpwiki
>>
>>37290988
NFT, or "non-fungible token", in the technical sense means a cryptocurrency asset which is unique. In other words: normal tokens are fungible, so for instance if you have 1 ETH or 1 BTC, it's equivalent to any other 1 ETH or 1 BTC. Non-fungible tokens deliberately break fungibility by making each individual instance identifiable. NFTs can thus no longer properly function as currency (since fungibility is a core property of a currency), but they can be used to represent other non-fungible assets. For instance, crypto collectible games - like Cryptokitties, if you're aware of that - have each collectable represented by an NFT.

More recently, there's been a shitty trend of using NFTs to represent "ownership" over "art pieces" in an extremely poorly implemented and hodge-podge way, that got aggressively marketed to retards. Basically someone makes a drawing or whatever, mints an NFT and says "this particular token is the official representation of my drawing!", and then people buy that token for whatever fucking reason. Quite possibly one of the worst ways to make use of NFTs, but somehow became extremely popular and also extremely infamous when people realised how retarded it is, and so now among normies "NFT" is synonymous with "shitty art marketplace backed by poorly-implemented NFTs".
>>
>>37290689
If it's 100% own art, it's not really a scam. It just will have naturally zero value. It's just like trying to sell your dirty sock on auction: no one will buy it unless you're a celebrity.
>>
>>37291269
“Here’s art anyone can download for free. Pay me and I’ll say yours is unique.”
It’s not a true scam, but it’s scummy as fuck.
>>
>>37282006
>>37279759
>https://subscribestar.adult/theponyarchive
>Support for other sites and projects including Ponybooru, Brony Bash, The Furchive, and Project Vinyl.
>the furchive
I can't trust in this anymore, give me a proof that my money will not end in this shit or I will just pull this out, I want a real evidence and not this whole "trust me bro" thing you're trying to pulling out. It's sad that I will have to stop supporting something I love but I would never allow any kind of possibility that my money will end in these furfags
>>
>>37273547
based rome
>>
>>37292119
Really wish he would have made an announcement about this beforehand. Could have avoided a lot of this backlash.
>>
>>37292119
>>37292191
Since when have furfags ever not tried to leech money for their furfaggotry without telling people?
This shit already happened once with the derpi paytreon. C'mon, people.
>>
porter is kill again
>>
To the person uploading the extra marenheit stuff: bless your soul.
>>
>>37292467
<3
>>
File: begone.gif (2.24 MB, 200x234)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB GIF
>>37263911
handbrake is for niggers. use ffmpeg in the command line like a white person
>>
>>37265247
>Archive all the furry!
let's not and say we didn't
>>
>>37292533
Furries won't notice the difference, because most of them don't give a shit about anything that happened before this week's latest YCH auction. It's hardly even a fandom anymore.
>>
>>37292524
Ffmpeg is of course fantastic. Staxrip is also pretty nice if you do want a GUI of some kind.
>>
>>37273052
pay me
>>
>>37292467
>>37292505
>uploading to all the altboorus
dangerously based
>>
>>37274345
you claim to be against barbiefags, yet your mare once turned into one. curious
>>
File: 1603902046256.png (174 KB, 1080x1920)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>37290094
japanese episodes, seasons 1 and 2:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:217bce9757078033dde4fadbb3edb2bfd606fab5&dn=My%20Little%20Pony%20-%20Tomodachi%20wa%20Mahou%20%5bchoco_reichan%20subs%5d
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7fcc593bba173edd96e54883872223e70d0a7fe1&dn=My%20Little%20Pony%20-%20Tomodachi%20wa%20Mahou%20S2%20%5bchoco_reichan%20subs%5d
>>
>>37292119
How is this news? It was a thing for literal years already.
>>37292191
He already made announcement about "Z+".
>>
>>37292571
Xmedia Recode is pretty good as well but is a bit more simple. No idea why fags force themselves to use ffmpeg when things like Staxrip, Handbrake, and Xmedia exist.
>>
After about 4 hours I finally managed to get hydrus's 4chan thread parser to pursue smutty.horse links. Today is a happy day.
>>
>>37293041
>It was a thing for literal years already
Furchive is a new addition from what I gather
>>
Sorry for the ~30 min ponebin downtime. I was reconfiguring my whole home network to use a different subnet.
Fucking idiot IT guy at the other company where I have to VPN into decided that
"Wouldn't it be fun to use 192.168.0.0/16 for the IPs that the VPN assigns to the clients fucking up everyone's home network?"
"Oh but 99.9% of home networks use the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet which falls into perfect VPNs range? Too bad, let 50 people suffer and wonder why the VPN randomly does not work or why they don't have internet when connected to the VPN."
>>
Oh btw, there was a super small addition to ponebin, I wonder who notices it.
>>
Lotus or someone from Ponerpics, please unalias "jpeg" and "jpg" from "needs more jpeg." It fucks up imports from Twibooru that are tagged based on image type.
>>
>>37293052
I've always had issues with xmedia so I switched to just using ffmpeg and then handbrake for quick converts.
>>
>>37292524
>not using MeGUI with Avisynth scripts to autistically fine-tune your files
>>
Any stories of pic related? Or similar, as in one of the elements doing pic related?
>>
>>37296110
>giraffelight and glimglam replacing sunbutt and moonbutt
Who in their right mind would want that?
>>
File: 1626539423061.jpg (14 KB, 319x319)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>
File: 1654588.png (222 KB, 1280x1280)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
So I checked Ponerpics after my... uploading spree, and I saw the expected number of downvotes. Checking today, however, all of them seem to be gone, and some even have positive votes. What happened? Did they finally crack down on some bots or something?
>>
>>37297129
what do you upload?
>>
File: 2005108.png (95 KB, 525x590)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
Weird, the downvotes seem to be back on some now.

>>37297247
Oh, y'know, stuff like this.
https://u.smutty.horse/lzrdkyuntzw.swf
>>
>>37297271
I cant view that
>>
>>37297396
https://ponerpics.org/images/6220471
>>
>>37297271
What the matter, senpai?
Can't endure the freedom of speech?
>>
>>37297129
>>37297271
>LOL I uploaded things u guise don't like haha look at the downvotes I'm such a trololol
>>
File: vomitchan.png (22 KB, 128x128)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>37297129
god, this kinda shit really tests my 'archive everything' stance
>>
>>37297271
>https://u.smutty.horse/lzrdkyuntzw.swf
made me install Gnash. So Flash is still not dead and that's good
>>
>>
Anybody here in contact with the owner of the mulpwiki backup? Just wanted to say it's down at the moment.
>>
>>37299119
IIRC Rome hosts it. It works for me btw.
The certificate expired, you have to click on special, go to the site anyway.
If we are talking about this: https://mulpwiki.batpony.party/
>>
>>37299119
>>37299282
>>37299119
I forgot to update since it's on a different server that I forgot I had.
But it should work again now.
>>
Short survey here.
It's for feature improvement for the future.
https://5mh1mh48kha.typeform.com/to/ckcyYvp5
>>
>>37299447
You can also take the survey on ponepaste.org.
>>
>>37299447
>Stealing your waifu
No you won't.
>>
>>37299409
Thank you, it's working again.
>>
>>37299447
Answered.
>>
>>37299450
form is closed?
>>
>>37299973
I had a 100 response limit. So it automatically closes when I got 100 responses.
That was fast, I'm surprised so many still go on ponepaste.org.
>>
bump
>>
>>37299447
>>37299989
>I didn't get to vote :(
>>
>>37300577
same here
>>
>>37299989
It hit that limit in an hour btw
>>
so um smutty horse is still down any news on that
>>
>>37301043
needs more funding
>>
>>37299989
But what were the questions, I would at least like to know what was being voted on even if I came in to late.
>>
>>37301416
This.

>>37299989
>>37300626
Sounds like only a tiny fraction of the users got to vote. If so, it wouldn't be very representative of the userbase.
>>
>>37301743
>it wouldn't be very representative
Assuming uniform distribution you can take any random amount of subset of the original and still get the same distribution.
Still those 100 votes were achieved too fast imho. Might be rigged.
>>
>>37301757
>Assuming uniform distribution you can take any random amount of subset of the original and still get the same distribution.
There's a very key word here, and that is
>random
The first 100 people to respond to the survey is not really a good way to get a random sample. Even if you take the entire corpus of users and pick out a random sample to contact directly, that already introduces a bias due to voluntary participation - in other words, you'll only get responses from people who feel like filling in a survey. This matters because people who like the status quo and have no strong feelings are less likely to bother than people who want to express some strong opinion. Usually you just have to live with that, but in this case even the initial selection wasn't really random, favouring people in certain timezones or who check the thread at certain times.
>>
>>37301800
Based on what questions PPA were asking, this won't be a problem.
>>
>>37301886
Maybe this would be clear if someone posted the fucking questions instead of vagueposting about it
>>
>>37263112
Most of those stats are from Patachu who use sockpuppet accounts.
Assumed he got accused of doing it, that's what he does everytime there's an open wifi network.
And he's getting better at it.
>>
>>37300626
>>37301416
>>37301743
>>37301757
>>37301800
I've made a new survey, typeforms reporting was retarded so I've changed website. Plus this one has a max time limit of two weeks and allows 1000 submitions.
https://freeonlinesurveys.com/s/8OBlq4yR
>>
>37302240
>replying to a low-iq bait post with more bait
>>
>>37302321
I feel like some of these questions could use a "kind of" answer. e.g.,
>Did you understand the format system? (Green, text, pastedown, etc)
...well, I could kind of bludgeon it into doing what I wanted, but if you asked me exactly how the Pastedown syntax worked? Nope. I just tinkered with it until I got something "close enough".
>Was finding a paste easy using the archive? / Have you ever use the Discover page?
I'll be honest, I can't remember the difference between these two. There was one that showed you popular/new pastes, and one that let you search I think, and I know I visited both so I answered 'yes', but... which one was which?

>Rate the tagging system
Also, not an issue with this question, but the only issue I had with the tagging system is that it was impossible to find existing/aliased tags for things, and so it was kind of a crapshoot for what a tag would actually be on a given story. e.g, is it:
>Apple Bloom, or Applebloom?
>rgm, /rgm/, Royal Guard Mares, or just Royal Guard?
>Archive, Thread Archive, Thread Directory, Thread Story List, etc
I realize adding in some kind of tag tracking is probably vastly below other upcoming features, but it's a feature that is deeply useful if you want to have users really rely on tags for searching.
>>
>>37302460
Thanks for the feedback.
Overhauling the tagging system is on the to-do list. The dev anon is already restructuring the database so a booru style tag system can be built.

If any other anons have feedback like this then reply here then I can save your posts and compile them later.
>>
>>37302480
Thanks. I don't want to give the wrong impression by just bitching here; I answered the actual poll by honestly saying by and large the site did exactly what I expected it to and functioned excellently in that goal. The fact that you're running into issues like this is only because you're already stretching above and beyond the platform this is all based off of (Pastebin) and into entirely new territory.
>>
>>37302480
Could you add a confirmation dialog when clicking the trash icon on a paste? More then once I have almost accidentally deleted something when on tablet while scrolling through my pastes.
>>
Bump
>>
>>37303101
>you can misclick and delete a story with no prompt
Is there at least a trash bin style way to recover? That’s scary otherwise.
>>
>>37304663
No
>>
>>37304737
Jesus
>>
File: 1624857680765.png (106 KB, 898x986)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
Okay, so I've finally decided to take the time to try out different boorus aside from derpi and I had a couple of questions relating to twibooru

My first question is concerning pic related
I want to have the images expand in a popup window while hovering and can't quite figure out how to wrap my smoothbrain around making it work through imagus. I was able to just take the existing rules that were in there for derpibooru and substitute a url here or there to make it work for ponybooru since it's basically a straight clone, not sure if it's even really correct but it works anyway. Obviously this won't work for Twibooru and if anybody could help or point me in a direction to figure it out that would be rad.

Secondly, if I try to save any image the default download name for every single one is simply either full.jpg or image.jpg for example depending on what size I have it at. Is there anyway to have it just save as the file number like other boorus when viewing the full image like 123456.png instead of just full.png or am I going to have to just manually rename everything as I go?
>>
>>37304908
click the (eye)VS symbol and download that for the image number
>>
File: it just werks.png (29 KB, 725x597)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>37304908
I got it working with the following ruleset
https://rentry.co/fvn94
>>
>>37305097
A small correction: replace 'images' in the link field with 'posts'
>>
File deleted.
>>37304988
Ah, I hadn't thought of that, good looking out anon.
I still have the habit of right clicking to 'save image as' so I'll keep hope that it gets changed one day to work like other image sites or at least have an option to alter the behavior when downloading images. But at least this solution saves me from having to name them myself as I go

>>37305097
>>37305119
Thank you based anon. You da real mvp
>>
>>37305135
Huh, I never realised that on derpi you could just right click the full-size image to get the correct filename. I've always been clicking on VS or DS by force of habit.
>>
>>37305633
DS has its advantage, it shows a download dialog, not just loads the image in a new tab.
>>
>>37305645
I mean, same thing as right-clicking a full image on derpi (as I just learned).
>>
>>37305633
Requires first fullsizing the image.
>>37304908
Manually rename because Twibooru is stupid and Florb is a an autist who doesn't want to implement what derpi did (their "full" version points at the same filename as VS link), or use View/VS/Download/DS buttons.
If your downloader is URL-aware, you also could grab part of the link, since it contains the ID.
>>
>>37305769
You can set it to automatically load every image full size by default in site/user settings
>>
File: tag descriptions.png (27 KB, 527x137)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
I figure this is the best place to ask, is there any way to check the history of tag descriptions on Philomena boorus?
As in, look through previous versions and see when and where changes were made.
>>
File: 1619330232119.png (2 KB, 190x29)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>37305834
You mean this? It should be there above all the existing tags
>>
>>37305860
>>37305860

nvm I think I misunderstood what you meant and I don't think you can from what I see.
I never really considered delving into descriptions of something that is meant to describe things
>>
>>37305769
>can’t read
>is also retarded
>>
>>37262864
>Pastebin has begun deleting greentexts on the site.
Why not rentry.co? Half of /g and /vg uses it.
>>
File: Capture.png (21 KB, 1169x133)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>37302321
>submitions
for the admin of a website dedicated to storing text, I thought you'd be more literate.
this is less of a disappointment than having my password leaked, so at least you're improving.
>>
>>37305774
"Full size" on Twibooru specifically points to full.{ext}, not {ID}.{ext} like Philomena, retard.
>>
>>37306043
>Requires first fullsizing the image
>You can set it to automatically load every image full size by default in site/user settings

I don't see me saying anything about where it points to, just saying you can make everything full size all the time ID or not dipshit
>>
>>37305990
Can you guarantee that it won't start nuking content?
Can you provide periodic full site archives?

I rather use a service specifically made for us and what's controlled by us rather than anyone else. Even if it means a month of downtime.
>>
>>37306001
this. grammar is important. ask for multiple reviews before going live, errors like that are cringe.
>>
foalcon booru throwing errors today. lol if its been vanned
>>
>>37306001
>>37306075
Not sure how I fucked that up. But thanks fixed now.
>ask for multiple reviews before going live.
I would if I had friends.
Jokes aside I normally have a spell checker running on notepad ++ but after an update it borked.
>>
>>37305990
You can return there and use it to your heart's content anytime, tourist faggot.
>>
>>37306548
I recommend trying Sublime Text 3. It features a fast spell checker and there are cool bi-lingual dictionaries available. Toggling it is as easy as hitting F6.
>>
>>37306681
>recommending proprietary nagware
>>
>>37306681
>>
>>37306548
>I would if I had friends.
>on a board dedicated to "friendship is magic"
I would say we are all friends but deep down we know we all hate each other. Our common hatered keeps us together.
>>
>>37306798
>>37306750
Hey, at least it has builds for Linux, unlike notepad++
Deleting the nags is as easy as patching out three bytes via a hex editor
>>
>>37306750
VS Code then
>>
>>37306892
>recommending electron web browser garbage
>>
>>37306871
>unlike notepad++
Works fine with wine btw.
>>
>>37306902
We should just all go back to using ed
>>
>>37306902
Cuda Text?
>>
Page 9 bump.
>>
>>37306548
vim with aspell
emacs out of the box
>>
>>37307612
>>37306977
>>37306681
MICROSOFT WORD
>>
>>37306548
Copy and paste your code into Grammerly, not only will it find spelling errors it will also tell you how to make your code read better.
>>
>>37306871
>>37306926
>not gedit with userscripts
>>
>>37308430
>not hand-editing the hard drive by waving a magnetic pen over it to toggle the 1s and 0s
You ain't no guru.
>>
>>37308479
>not using analog computers of gears, pulleys, and springs to autonomously mine a hunk of slate and etch characters via lever inputs
>>
>>37307637
MS Word should only be used for tool interoperability with normies at work. LaTeX does everything better.
>>
>>37308512
Sometimes I wonder if we should have classes for communicating over the internet. Like driver’s ed but for detecting obvious sarcasm.
>>
Okay I'm back after a few months what's the status of current boorus?
I see foalcon is down.
Ponybooru seems to get less image uploads than others and follows DNP and is funneling its money to a fur archive (what went wrong?), but it also seems to have people actually liking and commenting on new images.
>>
>>37309410
>DNP and is funneling its money to a fur archive
From what I understand that is a "at request" basis on whoever is giving the money. By default all the money is still going to the pony stuff.
I can only assume someone who was giving money wanted furry stuff on there and complained
>>
>>37309463
Yeah basically it was like
>Can I put furry stuff into TPA
no
>well what do
give me a few days I'll make a separate thing
>ok
lmao at the response it got here though that was kind of expected.
>>
>>37309523
I haven't been here since last month too and I feel an overwhelming urge to call you a nigger. God damn furshitter.
That is all.
>>
>>37309523
Fair enough. You big gaylord.
>>
>>37309523
Lack of information exchange is one of the biggest sources of drama in this fandom.
>>
File: 1595857827994.png (115 KB, 272x273)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>37307795
>Grammerly
>>>>>>>>>>Grammerly
>>
>>37309523
Zizzy you nigger you should learn to COMMUNICATE. What everyone saw is that you subscribestar money was being funelled into a furry archive. What you're saying now is that apparently one guy was happy to pay you to start a furry archive, and nobody else had their money go towards that. So don't fucking tell people that they're all paying for a furry archive now - of course they're gonna be extremely mad if you say that. So don't just make them mad for no reason if it's not even true.
>>
>Page 8
>>
>Page 9
>>
>>37310182
It's a furry, whenever they get caught doing something wrong they just act smug and condescending
Same as eqg lovers, which zizzy is also one of
>>
>>37311097
eq g is pony and thus must be archived
>>
>>37311158
no
>>
>>37311158
Should be archived but don't call it pony lmao
>>
So, when will ponepaste return?
>>
>>37311336
In time
>>
>>37311336
Soon.
We're just finishing up rewriting of the backend, admin. The site is nearly functional now, we're just making a "small" change to the tag system at the moment, for preparation for a bigger update.
>>
>>37311336
Look to its coming at first light on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the east.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>37311680
>>
>>37310182
>What everyone saw
*what a few melodramatic retards here inferred

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.