[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
Flag
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 51 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

In the first thread, Twilight and Anon awoke in a dark world barely remembering the night prior, carrying only an old, worn book detailing the "rituals of summoning" and a magic pen that was almost out of ink. Here, light doesn't shine and even Twilight's most powerful spells fail to cast anymore than a brief flicker.
They met only three, maybe four creatures in this dark place.
The first was a giant that strode past them to repair a mechanism on the edge of a sea of tar, the second was Apyrr, a musical, shapeshifting, and alien snake creature that doesn't seem anymore a native to this place than Twilight or Anon, and joined them despite their language barrier to presumably find a way home as well. The third was a hissing, growling critter Apyrr encountered and scared off while unlocking a barred door, and the fourth a crystalline formation only visible through one of the floating orange cubes found in this place.

Now our party of three is close to reaching a city, and is browsing an abandoned skyscraper for anything useful.

Last thread: >>36349820
If I disappear, it's because my power is failing like four or five times a day lately.
>>
File: 05 10.png (128 KB, 1358x928)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
Twilight watched anon's attempts to break open the chains holding a lever in place, grunting and twisting his hands with the fascinating dexterity that, he assured anyone who asked, wasn't anything special among humans.
It didn't entertain her for long now, though-- she gestured at Apyrr to follow, was glad when Apyrr immediately made an agreement-sounding little toot, and headed to the nearby stairs telling him to yell if anything went wrong.

Some people work through their feelings and thoughts by doing things they don't need to, and she had quickly realized Anon was one such person. She herself could use walking through these strange rooms, and it was a good chance to let everyone collect their thoughts before moving on.

What she had thought was stairs was more of a notched ramp that she had some difficulty not sliding on, and almost made her use her gravity reversing spell before finding purchase in the notches. Apyrr, after failing thrice to do so, shapeshifted into an oddly legged creature Twilight couldn't make out and cleared the whole ramp with a single long jump that left it panting, back to its snake form and opening several gill-like scales on its sides to pump air in and out.

There were three rooms near the ramp. The first one had some kind of articulated panel with two spikes, both similar to the thing anon is using to try cutting through the chain, at its sides. The second one had a large glass tank, and smelled like water. The third door was locked, and had not a keyhole but yet another spike in the middle, with a bowl under it with flakes of some yellow thing in it.
>>
>>36982650
Hmmm, is there anything else around or a way to go that doesn't look so obviously trap-y. Probably not.

Can apyrr by any chance produce light for us to see better?
>>
>>36982650
Are the masks at the top of the door loose? I wonder if maybe we should put one on, what could go wrong?
>>
>>36982979
>>36982984
Twilight pulled one of the... masks? from it's spot over a door and turned it in front of her face. How come Apyrr had that green light and she couldn't make any?
It understood her plea at least, and it's face opened like a flower to let the eye stalk better illuminate the mask thingy. It was long and thin, more like anon's face or a diamond dog's than a pony, but the features were universal: Cheeks, snou-- nose, eyesbrows.
It didn't have any a mouth or eyeholes, though.
It was just plain stone [In a world without logos] without anything special [[Neither above nor below, what of the middle?]] to it, only some sign to whoever alien peoples [[[Oh, but how infinite and endless yet frozen]]] had built the skyscraper.
Just a sign.
Twilight took off the mask and decided to stash it. Anon might find it interesting or funny. Then sneezed. Apyrr seemed spooked by the sound.
"So much sand and dust's messing with my sinuses." Twilight said, knowing Apyrr wouldn't understand her, and balanced the mask on her flank over the book of summonings, then though better and cast a radiating spell.
It couldn't send her any information (Detection spells relied on the bouncing of photons) but it would've triggered any traps set in place. Nothing happened, which satisfied her.
>>
>>36983231
See if Lovecraftian forces are involved...have Anon shout "HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR" and see what happens.
>>
>>36983231
Investigate the locked door.
>>
>>36983231
Interesting. Check the one that was in the middle.
>>
File: file.png (124 KB, 1014x466)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>36983369
>>36983971
>>36985076
"HEY ANON!"
He yelled back a second after.
"DIDN'T YOU TALK ABOUT SOMEONE WHO WROTE STUFF LIKE THIS? THE ONE WITH THE CAT?"
Apyrr, annoyed by the yelling, walked a step or two away from Twilight. She apologized to it quietly.
He yelled back that he wasn't sure love's crafting would be useful here. Unless Twilight wanted to swap stories again or anything?
What would love craft, Twilight wondered. Was it like the crystal heart? She checked the closed door and tried to budge it to no avail. The only noteworthy feature on it was a spike, just as excideengly sharp as the one anon had, and some lines that went from it to the bowl stuff. If one squinted, the same yellow thingy could be found inside the lines.
But she didn't want to fool to much with the spike, what if she hurt herself with it? Touching it at all was an invitation for cuts.
The room in the middle had a large water tank dominating the room, with... something in the bottom. Twilight tried lighting it again and failed.
What was wrong with that? Her magic was fine, her horn was fine, her health was fine. But what of the photons themselves? Detecting spells didn't work either, and they used photons...
>>
>>36985745
(Damnit foiled again! Curse you OP!)
>>
>>36985745
I meant the thing above the middle door.
>>
File: file.png (179 KB, 856x682)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>>36985752
>>36985830
Twilight peeked out of the tank room and looked up to the horned face plate, wondering if it was a mask and what it could mean. It did have eyeholes, unlike the one she'd lowered...
Just a sign, right?
She lowered and turned it in the air before her eyes, where Apyrr picked and wore it. Nothing happened this time either, so Twilight wor
[[[Sing, amulen; sing us a simple melody]]]
re it, scanning for anything magical happening.
It was...
very archaic in it's form- no, not arch
[[[who ar]]]
aic... originary.
Memory flashed in Twilight's minds, quickly parsing her studies, and why ponies had practised the rites of summoning in the first place once upon a time.
The ma
[[[e you? whe]]]
gic shifted, however, it changed in strange modulations. This was an ancient echo she couldn't figu
re is the offering?
>>
File: 12 30 2.png (68 KB, 1088x832)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
Btw, I found the first sketch of what would become Apyrr. Enjoy.
>>
>>36986632
Try to ask Apyrr to sing a s little something with the mask on.
>>
>>36986632
Whatever the voices in the mask are, they don't seem to be satisfied with pony knowledge anymore. Maybe Apyrr could sing to it about something from her world.
>>
>>36986632
Ask (with gestures, of course) Apyrr if she felt something unusual when wearing the mask.
>>
>>36986730
>>36987116
>>36987162
Twilight tried to rub her brow but her hoof met only a hard shell that she now wondered if it was stone or not; it felt alive, noxious against her skin, a burden she couldn't wait to shed.
[[[Pla
"y me a song, amulen."
Why had she said that?
The modulation of the magic kept changing, growing faster and more complex with each passing second, ancient machinery awakening. Were the masks some kind of guard or guide or notice system? Was this just a message she failed to understand?
Apyrr made a curious little whistle, drawing nearer.
A song.
Music would be
[[[fitting tribute, among such gentle peoples]]]
good right now, it'd help her relax. She tried to gesture herself singing to ask that of Apyrr, and if she had felt anything when she wore the mask.
The second message didn't seem to get through but 𝄞𝅘𝅥𝅯𝄼 𝄀𝅘𝅥𝅮 𝅗𝅥 , still confused, turns its head and plays a couple tunes.
[[[Whimsical demons, set your
honey'a dreaming, won't you play me some rag..."
[[[Have a bloodletting, pony.]]]
Twilight covered her mouth with a hoof before it said anymore on its o
[[[And share communion with one another,]]]
wn, and her eyes moved to that spike on the door on their own inst
[[[No worthy path opens without blood.]]]
ead. How sharp, how very sharp, her hoof moved clo
[[[but there's no reason not to listen to rag, honey'a
Something beat inside Twilight, something raw and primal and too deep and old for society to ever quite bury, and her magic burst out, not just out of her horn but her whole body with enough force to push Apyrr away and remove the mask from her.
Twilight panted feeling like she'd waken up from a fever dream, and watching her hoof stop on its way to the crystal spike like it was the first time she had ever seen it.
>>
>>36987439
That one is certainly much more interesting than the stoneplate mask. "Play a Simple Melody?" The lyrics are a bit different however.

>>36986676
TYPAS seems familiar to me...
>>
>>36987439
Right, bad idea. We knew that the summons were violent. Check if Apyrr is okay and then maybe it would be best to warn Anon about the spikes' purpose.
>>
>>36987439
cum in the plony
>>
>>36988285
Plony?
>>
>>36987439
Presumably pricking yourself would cause the door to open... Don't think it is worth trying yet.
>>
>>36986632
Apyrr a cutie.
>>
>>36987439
So the door's lock is some kind of blood offering thing and the yellow stuff is alien blood?
>>
File: file.png (102 KB, 622x458)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>36992306
>>
>>36987641
>>36988029
>>36991189
>>36992306
>>36993613
>>36994194
Twilight rubbed her brow again feeling the slightest hint of a headache and took a moment to catch her breath, then repeated the same gestures she'd made at Apyrr before. After a few tries, it seemed to understand what she mean and shook its head; No, Apyrr hadn't felt anything in particular when it wore the mask.
Twilight nodded, and looked again at the spike. Bloodletting, communion, no worthy way... pricking herself on the spike and dropping some blood on the bowl would open it? And... that yellow thing was blood?
She had to reign herself in to prevent more wild speculating, and collected some flakes of it between the pages of the book thinking it'd make for interesting discoveries back home.
Alien blood and the fact that photons can somehow break altogether. How fascinating it would be if she had any way to actually research it in spot.
"Anon!" She yelled again, "Be careful not to hurt yourself with that thing, it may react to your blood!"
"Okay, but I almost broke this lock!"
Twilight sighed. Anon wasn't too good at... not doing things- she wasn't sure he could.
Then she peeked again into that room that had the panel with two spikes on it. Two spikes. "Communion."
Wild guessing, ancient magic she hadn't studied in years, and no proper way to research it, joy of joys.
The floor shook softly under her hooves, and when several seconds passed and she question if it was real or her imagination, there was another vibration that Apyrr reacted to.
One of those giants was close.
>>
>>36994289
It probably won't notice, in a building after all and the last one didn't when right in front of it.
The vibrations from it's movement do significantly increase the chance of Anon accidentally poking himself.
>>
>>36994194
Apyrr a cute ball of tendrils in the vague shape of a pone
>>
>>36994482
>>36994617
"Small chance it'll notice us, at least..." Twilight said out loud as she walked to the nearest window. to peek into the distance. She couldn't make out anything, and after a few seconds she looked back to Apyrr as she wondered what to do next. Apyrr, though its face too alien for her to read, made a flute-like chirp that sounded like someone smiling with their voice.
It'd be cute, she though, if the snake bit didn't put her off as much as it did.
The ground shook and Twilight peeked again, squinting her eyes to try seeing a shape huge enough to hide the stars. And this time...
The barest shape, low to the ground... that was the building they'd flipped on its side to come here, and that darkness-against-the-stars was near it.
Something with an arm but with entirely too many joints moved, and something on its end that was analogue to a hand but too different to be called that grasped the flipped building and forced it back onto the ground, back to its original position.
Anon was in the floor below, unchaining a lever to keep his hands busy.
To come here, they had yanked a lever. The lever, through no visible mechanism, had flipped the building on its angle and thrown them against a wall-turned-floor; The entire building was also a gate.
And anon, in the first floor of the building, was unchaining a lever to presumably yank it.
The dark-against-the-stars stood up to its full stature, and headed to the building they were in.
>>
>>36994940
That's not good.
>>
>>36994940
We need to stop Anon right now!
>>
live bump
>>
>>36994940
We need to regroup with Anon. If he can get the chain apart, have him wait to use it as a last resort in case the giant turns full hostile
>>
File: file.png (6 KB, 162x140)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
Got stuff to take care of, back on tuesday. Have the abstract concept of monism for your troubles.
>>
>>36995168
>>36995182
>>36996362
Quest is getting added to anonpone and my brain is too fried to think of a two-sentence blurb for it rn, would appreciate if someone could think of a good one it for me.
Yay delegation.
>>
File: 1ammproval.png (16 KB, 500x500)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
Added Cammy's latest fever dream to Anonpone

https://www.anonpone.com/quest/wangulen/
>>
>>36997026
I appreciate this
>>
>>36999667
bump?
>>
>>36997026
That's just a nipple!
>>
>>37003207
I've legit wondered if that wasn't on purpose, "Everything comes from the mother" and all but considering it's a greek symbol, if it was on purpose it'd be a dick, or a hairy ball, or some other gay shit. Not a titty.
>>
>>37003258
⨀?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (22 KB, 480x360)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>36987439
Spooked or not, I'm pretty sure we're far past the point where we can shy away from possession on principal. This place doesn't seem like the civilization that built it is doing great. It isn't reasonable to conclude that these kinds of masks are at fault, but it also isn't safe to assume they are totally benevolent. It's also a problem that twilight is the most powerful person here.

Perhaps have anon wear the mask later if we get stuck... unless we don't think we can take him?

also, that's my horse

>>36994289
>giant
The only thing we know a giant does is repair things, and anon is breaking a thing. Probably we should convince him to abandon post.

>>36994940
ye

>>37003258
Just assume it's an extracted nut as shown from above the tube, or is that the same thing?
>>
>>37003919
>Just assume it's an extracted nut as shown from above the tube, or is that the same thing?
No, >>37003323 got it right. ⨀ is a symbol for monism/the monad.
>>
>>37003932
Yes? Yes it is that. That was not in dispute. Cammy already told us it was monism, and it is clearly a symbol. I'm not sure why you're saying this.

do you not get how symbols work?
>>
Bump
>>
>>36994940
Anon should yank the lever again
>>
𝄞𝅘𝅥𝅯𝄼 𝄀𝅘𝅥𝅮 𝅗𝅥
>>
File: 1610086393955.png (18 KB, 497x363)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>37008307
Trying to figure how Apyrr's name sounds. It's difficult do to the staff missing a line and the timing of the notes being awkward.
>>
>>36998698
>two-sentence blurb for it
Apyrr. A cutie.
>>
>>37009235
>Anon and Twilight explore a strange world in the dark. Will friendship still solve all the problems? Find out next time on Wangulen!
>>
Apyrr is the same type of cute as octopuses are.
>>
>>37011716
Kind of. I'm not interested in octopuses but I'd probably fug Apyrr.
>>
File: file.png (50 KB, 466x333)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>36995168
>>36995182
>>36996362
>>37003919
>>37008307
>>37007540
>>37008990
"Anon!"
Twilight heard a chain rattle. She didn't wait any longer, and slid more than walked back down the smooth ramp. Apyrr, not yet seeming to completely know what was happening, followed her.
"Anon, don't pull the lever!" She yelled as she went down.
He was already grabbing it.
"Don't!" She barked.
"But-" He started, and then the floor shook under them, harder now. "Oh, sh..." He started, turned back to Twilight, and prolongued the word."....hhhucks."
Another ground shake. Those long strides meant the giant was fast, really fast.
"It's too loose." He said. "If I let go it falls."
>>
>>37012670
As long as it is held in place, it doesn't have a reason to investigate to closely.
>>
>>37012705
>>37012670
Although it might want to attempt to repair the chain...
>>
>>37012705
I don't think it really has to 'investigate'. It came across the dark dessert and knew exactly which house to go to in order to fix what we had messed with.

However, I don't think it will care that anon is standing there, really. It will probably just fix the chain and we can hope it doesn't crush anon while it does that.

Or, you know, we could just use telekinesis to hold it ourselves, letting anon scamper over to us.
>>
>>37012670
So the giant always appears right after Anon breaks something. If it can notice relatively small details like these and never tried to kill or capture us then it's safe to assume it's not actively hostile. Holding the lever with magic and hiding in the corridor until it leaves is likely safe.
And if it does something unexpected, well, we can always pull that lever.
>>
>>37012705
>>37012712
>>37012744
>>37013075
"I got it." Twilight said, grabbing the lever in magic and not letting the lack of magic glow distract her this time. "I think it'll come here, but we need to hide."
"Where." Said anon as he straddled to her, almost lossing his balance when the ground shook again. The same distance it had taken them half an hour to cross, the giant had covered in four or five steps.
"Uh."
Apyrr made a shaky whistle.
Anon grunted something under his breath, grabbed the others protectively without asking permission and trotted closer to a door, out of the way.
(And, in spite of everything, a small part of Twilight couldn't help noticing how warm his hands were)
The first tendril came down the hallway Twilight had used before, and it seemed to crack, reform, shift sizes every time she blinked, flowing rather than moving in any typical sense. The angles dizzied her, made her blink rapidly like her eyes hurt, and so above as without and seemed to contrast the dark in an unnatural way. The second limb entered through somewhere else and came into the room through another doorway, and how had the first limb entered without breaking a window? Twilight just had no idea. The third limb as without so below as within-
She felt close to blacking out, anon's breaking ways becoming more ragged, and Apyrr had closed all of its face holes and was making a low, shaking purr.
As above so below as within so without the limbs moved and zigzagged and wrapped as demons of cold cursed from an infinity of time away, as cities didn't burn but fell perfectly still with echoes that would die forever more. Something grabbed the broken chains, twilight wasn't sure what was it, ghosts danced in the edge of her vision and anon, who had grabbed the two of them with only some effort and had had such warm hands and strong arms before, strained to hold even himself afoot now and grew colder, sickly. As above so below, as within so without, the angles of the limbs shifted and moved impossibly, a dead heartbeat refusing to accept it, as within so without in such a dark and dead without, as within so without (It felt similar to the mask, in a way, but in a much stronger yet less intrusive way) Twilight struggled to keep herself as conscious and aware as she could, her eyes tracking the broken angles and shifting planes on their own, as above...
>>
>>37013480
>breaking ways
Breathing was*
>>
>>37013480
Cammy no
cammy spookie
no
>>
>>37013480
If looking at it hurts you, stop looking at it. Look at the floor or Anon Or Apyrr.
>>
>>37013480
We're not keeping track of the thing's limbs. It doesn't move in a traditionally comprehensible way. There is only one thing really worth fighting to know here, and that's the details of the repair job, exactly how the chain reverts, if it is instant or a process.

However, observation might actually be making the process fail, making this event take longer. Tell the others to close their eyes, stare only at the chains, and blink just once.
>>
>>37013480
Spooky. Stop looking at it right now if you still can and think about Ponyville, Mane 6, Princess Celestia, maybe even Anon. Anything to take your mind of off that thing. Don't let it get to you. It will go away as soon as its done fixing the chain.

>>37013550
If its tendrils have this strong of an effect, stepping outside the room right now seems like a suicide.
>>
>>37013704
>If its tendrils have this strong of an effect, stepping outside the room right now seems like a suicide.
I didn't stay to leave?

>distraction
How about humming winter wrap up?
>>
>>37013480
Apyrr looks spooked.
>>
Bunp
>>
>>37013480
Seconding the idea of humming WWU or Giggle at the Ghosties.
>>
bump
>>
Nice just found this second thread. Perfect
>>
>>37013480
STOP LOOKING from earlier experience it hurts your brain and eyes so stop looking
>>
>>37021289
>>
>>37015444
>>
Sorry for dissapearing, I was first ill then too busy. Session later today.
>>
>>37024740
'kay.
>>
>>37024740
Hope you're feeling better.
>>
>>37013511
>>37013516
>>37013550
>>37013704
>>37013724
>>37014272
>>37014737
>>37018094
>>37018128
"Anon"
Apyrr, Twilight realized now, had been the most clever of them to immediately shut it's eyes/face holes, or maybe it was just a very lucky bodily reflect of her. Either way, it was the only thing she could think of now.
He grunted something drunkedly and said they had to stop looking, but when Twilight tried she couldn't. Her eyes moved on their own, trying and failing to track it with the same frightened intensity one might jerk their head with to better see a dangerous animal or incoming object. Whitin and without, she fought to try overpowering whatever animalistic urge had overtaken her at the sight -or proximity- of the shifting giant, and anon continued to grow colder. Was she growing colder too, without realizing? Part of her, against her will, still tried to understand what this was doing to them and if it could have long term consequences...
Something changed; It took her a moment to realize anon was moving. Slowly, a trembling hand moved over her face to cover her eyes.
It wasn't a full solution -Something about the shifting giant's mere presence was noxious to her- but it immediately eased things and let her at least think and control her body a little. Enough to raise her own hoof to cover anon's eyes in return.
The sound of the giant's motions was like chewing on glass and forcing herself to swallow. So above and so below, in both did demons of cold cackle in the edges of her perception...
The sound retreated. Slowly, cautiously, she pushed anon's hand off her face to make sure it was gone- and it was, and even though it should have to shove and topple and break cubicles for its arms to fit in, nothing was changed. Even the dust was unaffected. Steps that now sounded all the more terrible to her slowly thuded away into the distance.
Anon shook, and so did Apyrr, hugging herself and seeming to be shapeshifting into a smaller and tighter form than before, slowly growing small holes on her face to see with. And when Twilight looked at her own hoof, she found she was shaking too.
>>
>>37025829
Deploy hugs.
>>
>>37025829
I guess should wait until return to normal condition. >>37026011 might help.
>>
File: file.png (133 KB, 592x572)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>37026795

>>37026011
Of the three of them, Twilight fought to think through the remaining brain fog, she herself had fur and anon would wear several layers of clothing even in casual occasions. Apyrr had neither.
As much as she wanted to hold Anon right now Twilight chose to grab and hug Apyrr instead, snake-ish or not. And by Celestia, was Apyrr cold after all, just as cold as anon's hands. Apyrr continued to hum whatever it was, and Twilight choose to hum along with it, remembering songs she'd sand with her friends. Winter wrap up, winter wrap up...
Anon rubbed his hands to warm them up and took off his jacket, and draped it over the both of them, startling Apyrr and making her realize she was being held. The humming stopped briefly as Apyrr turned to face Twilight surprised... and then several scale-like surfaces over its skin burst open suddenly, releasing some kind of fluffy thing somewhere between a feather and a leaf all over Apyrr's body.
>>
>>37026866
hOW EmbarasinG
Or maybe that's just a cold response?

Doesn't matter, we don't have to move until we are good and ready. This makes me wonder, what determines the temperature in general here? Do we have a temp-checking method? Do we have one that doesn't rely on magic?

I noticed we basically just sang the cold-go-away song, which is a quite appropriate coincidence.
>>
>>37026866
Once we're feeling better, let's see if anything changed.
>>
>>37026866
Hugs are actually a treatment for low-level hypothermia.
>>
>>37026866
Fluffy Apyrr!
Probably an attempt at insulation.
Wonder if it's intentional or instinctual.
>>
>>37026866
Hmmm so its precense is vold and bitting shivering is a way to heat up
>>
>>37026997
>>37027376
>>37027376
>>37027810
>>37028491
>>37029677
Twiggy mode OFF
Anon breathed into his palms to warm up faster, and when he did so he realized something was missing. This place had always been in the cooler side, but he couldn't see or feel the vapor on his breath.
"Twi," He said, "What's the room temperature?"
"Cold."
"I know, but can you check? Stuff's weird here."
She nodded and was quiet for a moment, saying nothing when Apyrr -still pulling its feathers back under the odd scales that had popped up all over its body- made an inquisitive little purr.
"You have to be kidding me." She said at last, annoyed.
"What is it?
"I think we're at four or five degrees, but the air's odd. I can't put my hoof-- my finger on it." She added with a tiny little smile for Anon. "A cold gas moves less, that's what the spell measures, but this is the opposite. The air is cold because the particles are rigid in some way."
Anon sighed to himself, unsure of what to reply to the idea of hard air, and walked to the lever to see what the giant had done with the lever after all.
When he started working on the lever, it was dusty, and as he'd worked he'd matted part of the chain -and the spike thing he'd used- with sweat. The chain wasn't just bound again, but back to its previous, completely intact state, dry and dusty and everything. Apyrr smelled the chain, and sneezed (It's face opening like a flower) when it inhaled some of the dust.
"Bless you. Jeez Twilight, Equestria summoned these things?" He asked distractedly.
"In the rituals of summons? None of my books said anything about giants, and we had no choice anyhow." She scrunched. "...do you mind if I keep the jacket for a couple minutes?"
>>
>>37031746
Twi can hang on to the coat as long as she doesn't lose the stuff in it's pockets.
Looks like the lever is a bust for now, got to find a faster way to free it.
What did Twi find upstairs? We know, Anon doesn't. Also Apyrr is cute.
>>
>>37031746
If I had to hazard a guess, that creature's whole deal is of keeping everything just as is. When there was a change of things on the coast, it came and fixed it. When one of the buildings moved, he set them back in place. When we broke the chain, he not only fixed it but he restored it to it's exact previous state. It's almost like it's trying to keep everything frozen in time. Maybe the particles are still moving where that thing wasn't?
>>
>>37031746
4c = ~39f
4f =`-15c
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-coldest-temperature-that-a-naked-human-could-perpetually-survive-in-given-adequate-food-water-and-the-ability-to-exercise-Why

While it is possible that we just aren't in the right conditions for it, it seems humans can survive without extra insulation under somewhat harsh conditions. In this case specifically, we don't just have no wind, we have anti-wind conditions. Due to this negative air flow, the heat pocket around anon is likely to remain in place, if he can generate one.

Some of the explanations in the link mentioned extra calorie burning as a way to stay alive, which is obvious enough, but that brings up food concerns. Like, 'is there any food here besides us' type concerns.

We'll be fine for a few minutes. If it is real bad, sit in the fetal position and don't move around. Basically, don't be a baby about it, yet.

>an innie or an outie above the bellow
First off, which one does anon have?
Second, we're fairly clearly observing something not related to this moral shell. If we're observing on a different level, we must exist on a different level. That implies the ability to interact on a different level, which would basically be sorcery. Much spookie, such danger, very total ignorance on how to actually do this.
>>
Bump
>>
>>37031746
So we can't change anything here unless we somehow find a way to deal with the giant. That makes exploring a bit more difficult. Maybe Twilight found something interesting while we were busy with breaking the chain? Preferably something that doesn't involve attracting that thing's attention.
Hopefully that temperature is in Celsius, otherwise we'll have to find or make some warm clothes quite soon. At least Apyrr can apparently protect herself from cold reasonably well.
>>
>>37034942
>>
Always look at the stars
>>
>>37036398
>>
>>37039555
But don't look at the moon
>>
>>37031746
Looks like we will need to solve a puzzle possibly?
>>
>>37041738
No you guys are doing fine, I'm just trying to get shit done so I can focus on this already.
>>
>>37041747
I wondered about "Wangulen" as a name, kind of appeared from nowhere from my perspective. I looked up the word and it corrected it to "wangulén" short summary of that is " Benevolent female star-spirit." So I was thinking of why that name would be chosen and have come up with three possible explanations there may be more that I didn't think of , 1. It's something that we haven't discovered yet, 2. Twi has stars on her butt, 3. Apyrr is a "good female Starspawn" and that is close enough to a "good female star-spirit" to get a similar name. Just some thoughts.
>>
Bump
>>
>>37043035
For reasons I can't quite argue, I think the title is just a made up noise. However, there is a tendency for people to select 'random' things based on associations, so there is a chance that you're on to something regardless.

I don't think you are correct about the primary meaning of 'wangulén' in this story, but your guesses are still both things the title could ALSO be referencing, and therefore ARE things the title is referencing regardless of intent.
>>
>>37044622
The first one is probably related to the star map we found early on.
>>
>>37031814
>>37031928
>>37032161
>>37032499
>>37035036
>>37039555
>>37040874
>>37041738
>>37041747
>>37043035
>>37044622
"Sure, keep it."
"Thanks!"
You ask her to take care of the stuff in the pockets, and if she thinks the giant is just keeping things static around here. Maybe that's even why the air is rigid. Who knows the extent of what something as incredibly alien as the giant is doing, or the lengths it goes to to keep things unchanged.
"Yeah, that's what I think. But these..." She takes one of the masks she's balancing on her rump, frowning her brow. "It didn't seem to care about them. This is more like what we summoned..."
You ask her what is it, and take the more angular of the masks to prove it on yourself.
"Anon, caref..."
It doesn't have eyeholes, an[
>es,” said Nature peevishly,
]d feel a shudder running down your spi[
>ing skills: I cannot help my case:
]ne. Was that a sound you just heard? Like you heard your mother call you in the distance, you tu[
>’T is the Last Judgment’s fire must cure this place,
> Calcine its clods and set my prisoners free.”
]rn ar
feel an instant sense of revulsion, invasion, even violation overtake your whole body with manic urgency, liquid flame coursing through your veins with the same fury you think might be like that of a father, thinking nothing of his own bleeding wounds as he sees the one who hurt his children.
A split second later, Twilight looking at you with her eyes open wide and Apyrr grabbing your arm in a tendril, you force your every muscle to stop.
"You scared me." Says Twilight.
Nothing.
"Are you ok?"
The mask is floating in midair caught by Twilight's magic, after you threw it away as hard as you could in an attempt to shatter it against a wall.
"I felt weird after wearing the other mask too." Twilight continues, crearly trying to return to some kind of normality. "And I took it off the same way. Kind of. But you gave me an idea just before."
She makes the rest of you follow her outside, where she casts a series of spells that you can't see but you can feel and hear. The air crackles, grows charged with static and rushes in to her, the image in front of you distorting as if from heat.
"If air is rigid enough..." Twilight says, poking out her tongue on the side as she runs number in her head. "...I can use it to make lenses!"
You tell her you're not sure that's how... science works.
"Me neither! That's why I'm trying to find out."
Apyrr sings a confused little melody as, before your eyes, the air doesn't just shift, but things seem to rush to you like the most realistic television ever made. First Twilight focuses on some kind of tall building with a great many windows, then on something like a warehouse. and lastly on a plaza filled with small tents.
>>
>>37046507
Twi putting that purple to good use I see.
>>
>>37046507
I do not understand what she is doing.
>>
>>37047442
Window
>>
>>37046507
I wat to cum in the snake's snussy
>>
>>37048371
Not certain Apyrr even has one.
>>
File: 1606693148586.png (61 KB, 208x218)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>37048753
then we'll fine one
>>
>>37047442
making a telescope out of thin air, literally.
also showing where we could head next.
>>
>>37049182
I'm fairly certain it counts as thick air though.
>>
>>37049182
A telescope doesn't do much where there is no light.

Air-density would bend light, so the idea isn't totally insane, but there basically has to be some magical amplification going on here, unless is-a-telescope is a relevant feature to physics here.
>>
>>37049696
You need multiple lenses to make a telescope, she's only making one.
>>
Yeah but where do you guys want to go
>>
>>37051144
Tent time I guess?
We don't have context for the meaning of our choices so any choice we make here is arbitrary.

I'm going to pretend this is just earth with dark mode turned on, and so the tents are the better first pick.
Warehouse will be much harder to get into/explore.
Tall building = climbing 40 flights of stairs just to find paperwork we can't read.

Obviously I'm wrong about everything I just said, but again we don't know this place.
>>
>>37046507
>>37051158
I'm guessing we just need to wait for Twi to figure out what she's doing.
>>
Bunp
>>
>>37052412
Apyrr a pure
>>
>>37051957
Yeah, not much to do right now. Trying to choose a location would essentially be guessing. The tall building with windows is likely to contain something important but that's as good of a guess as any.
>>
>>37053959
>>37051957
Yea sorry about that, designing a new area rn would take me the better part of a day and I still have one last thing I was supposed to get done today as it is, so the timetables just don't work if I did that.
>>
up you go
>>
Bump
>>
Page 9 Bump.
>>
>>37056385
>>
>>37057990
>>
>>37053959
support
>>
>>37061428
one more
>>
File: 05 10.png (58 KB, 1377x1189)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>37046543
>>37047442
>>37048371
>>37048753
>>37048782
>>37049182
>>37049696
>>37051056
>>37051144
>>37051158
>>37051957
>>37053262
>>37053959
>>37053985
The three of you briefly discuss your next move and head to the tents, not talking much on the way. When reaching there, Twilight asks you why you wanted to head there. The glass one might be just offices and stairways and the warehouse would be hard to get into, you explain.
"Anon, you goof." She takes the book out of your jacket's pocket. "We need paper to fix it, remember? Offices would be perfect."
Oh.
Grass crunches under your feet with a familiar-yet-alien cadance that reminds you of first reaching Equestria, and you head to one of the stalls in tents. Most of the others have more of the spiky contraptions that, Twilight explained, are pointy on purpose and made to collect blood for whatever reason. This one just has bowls of fruit. Blue-ish semitransparent fruit with yellow lines inside, but obviously fruit at last: It's soft, it feels like it has water inside, it has a skin.
Some things are just universal, you guess.
"Anon, it's grass." Says Twilight, as Apyrr crouches and opens holes on the underside of its head to peruse the grass.
Yeah, you say.
"You don't get it, I think it's alive too." She tears off a few blades from it to have a better look. "If it was dead it'd be dry or something, this isn't."

>>37049221
Ayyy
>>
>>37065090
Guess that answers what Apyrr has been eating.
Looks like a dream catcher in one of the tents.

We need to perform some more experiments with that thing that repairs stuff to see if it is even safe to take paper if we do find it.
>>
>>37065090
Experiment: Extract reasonable square of rooted dirt with grass. Place grass/dirt square inside of moisture-proof box. Leave there for a week. See if it dies or not.

If not, we don't need to eat probably.

meanwhile
>fruit
MONCH NOM SPLORAM
We might have to splat the thing against a hard surface to get it open, if more reasonable methods so much as hint at being more effort.
>>
>>37065090
It must take a really peculiar kind of grass to grow in these conditions. I don't think we've seen any other live plants yet. Whoever lived here hasn't been home in many years and yet the fruit are relatively fresh. That's strange. Unless the giant takes care of it, too.
I wonder if this is where local creatures (like the one that attacked Apyrr) come to eat. Maybe something in one of the tents would explain how things manage to stay alive in this place.

>>37065734
>We might have to splat the thing against a hard surface to get it open
The spikes might be useful. Just don't accidentally impale your hand and don't break anything to avoid attracting that giant monster.
>>
>>37065090
Pat grazing Apyrr.
>>
>>37065090
See what Apyrr thinks about the "fruit."
>>
>>37065090

>>37066215
Yeah let's do this so we don't die.

>>37065130
It seems that the stuff we've seen the giant fix are "key items"--things that are probably important to whatever's going on. It might be good to try and see just how much we can mess with non-important things. If it's safe, we can go and loot the office building.
>>
>>37065090
well this place is scary
>>
Welcome to the spook fair!
>>
make a tiny fruit snowman before either of them pay attention to you, placing it near them and then never mentioning it.
>>
bump
>>
>>37065090
Apyrr is cute and deserves friendship.
Think Apyrr would like cupcakes?
>>
Bedtime bump
>>
bump
>>
>>37070442
support this silly willy
>>
>>37065090
Twi's purple levels are off the charts.
>>
>>37065090
i love how you never forget the mustache and the colour
>>
>>37075241
Apyrr's butt
>>
>>37065130
>>37065734
>>37065753
>>37065842
>>37066215
>>37066364
>>37068464
>>37073640
>>37075460
>>37077377
>>37078217
You look at the fruit, briefly consider eating, and then think better than to eating fruit you don't know from a place you don't know that has mind-fucking giants and masks. You're not hungry yet, anyhow.
...Not hungry yet. Nor have you needed to pee. And it's been a couple hours.
You take a couple of the fruits, walk as quietly as you can behind Twilight and pile them on a small snowman-esque pile, halfheartedly wishing that you had a non-magical, not possibly too precious pen to use to draw a smiley face on the head fruit.
Earlier, you wondered what Apyrr was eating if it'd been here for longer than any of you. It's not the grass-- after some smelling it lifts its face back up with a small sneeze and no interest, and is a little startled when you pet it in the head. Then what did it eat?
You tear off another blade of grass- the outside is dry but you can feel the slight weight, the surface coldness, of a leaf that's alive and has water inside.
If you took these and put it in a hermetic container for a week, would they die, or would they just remain unchanged?
Because the air is stiff and doesn't want to move, Twilight can't make light for the life of her, you don't need to pee, and a giant is keeping things from changing- not simply restoring them to their position, but undoing the changes in a weird, reality-warpy kind of way. Because you're noticing a pattern in all this.
You start explaining your thoughts to Twilight, who nods with a small hmm, and looks down to the grass.
"Apyrr keeps smelling things and sneezing." She says, explaining herself offhandedly, "Everything is dusty here."
You nod.
"These plants haven't grown in a very long time, or at least nothing's walked on them... but they're not dead either. Even in this dark." She turns her head and notices the small fruit snowman, which she grabs in her magic. "Away from home, aren't you little guy?"
>>
>>37078591
With how static everything is I'm surprised dust can even build up.
>>
Bunp
>>
>>37078591
In a place like this, my concern about 'little guy' isn't how far he's come. There's little difference between being lost 100 miles from home, being lost 10000 miles from home, and being lost in this place, assuming quality of life isn't different and that you're isolated in all three cases. The real difference is the amount of time.

This might be the most stimulation they have had in years. They seem a bit too well-adjusted for that, though. That might be explained by their race, as a shape-shifter would naturally need to be fairly charismatic.
>>
>>37078591
okay i fucking love how this fruit snow man we made become a big thing also also thinking of this the fruits have been there so long but they have not rotten so like either there are NO BACTERIA or they are also frozen but also the strange thought WHERE DOES THE DUST COME FROM if the wind does not blow and there is nothing alive and moving where does it come form because dust is dead skin or like tiny particles of stuff so could the dust be everything that used to live in this universe that kind of got thanos snapped or is it bacteria that used to live in the clouds and they just fell straight down like marine snow when they got frozen?
>>
>>37078703
>>37079174
>>37079951
"It doesn't mater how far it is," You say. "After a certain distance it's just 'too far'."
Twilight looks at you for a moment, then nods as she pockets the fruit snowman, "Yeah, you'd know..."
But, you add petting Apyrr again, there's something else you're concerned about. How long has Apyrr been here alone?
Together, Twilight and you try to ask this of Apyrr, but even with your understanding you can't figure out how to communicate the question to it. After several minutes, with Twilight growing frustrated and Apyrr only more confused than before, you give it up.
"Anyway, I..." Twilight starts, hitting the grass, then trails off watching the dust cloud that rose from it.
You ask her what's she thinking about.
"Dust raises with the wind and when things move, or it falls from higher." She says. "How did it get on everything?"
You don't know what to answer.
"I need a plastic bag." She says, standing back up, and trots to the tents ignoring your asking what for "Come on, stores have bags..."
You shrug (Apyrr tries to imitate the gesture) and start perusing the stores, taking a moment to check the one with the dreamcatchers. Some things are universal, you think again, like hanging things so the wind makes nice sounds. You wonder how long it's been since anything made them ring.
Twilight trots behind a tent nearby, makes a startled yelp, and jumps back out of there with a startled yelp.
Before, in an abandoned building in a cave and in the gate-building, you found floating orange cubes that, when you looked through them, the world had color albeit a flat not-lighting as well.
Now, when you rush in to see what scared Twilight so much, you see something similar- something like a bunch of cubes stuck together vaguely to a cross shape, each stick a meter or so long. It floats above some kind of cart with tracks instead of simple wheels, gently glowing against the sky.
>>
>>37080571
is it moving?
>>
>>37080571
She should be curious, not scared. Perhaps we haven't noticed the scary part yet.
>>
>>37080571
Try moving the cart.
>>
>>37080912
that even scarier
>>
>>37080912
I was expecting another animal like earlier, which is odd because there was one of these earlier where we were expecting an animal.
We don't have to do much but dumbly go 'wut'.
>>
>>37082434
>>
>>37086183
What are you talking about?
>>
>>37086183
Nay, I'm just juggling stuff to let my health recover already. Update tomorrow.
>>
>>37087969
I was just poking fun at replying to dead posts. Saw you in the draw thread earlier, knew you were still around.
>>
>>37080571
Can we see anything through the cube formation?
>>
>>37080874
>>37080912
>>37081293
>>37081596
>>37081640
>>37088054
"I almost ran headfirst into it." Twilight explains when you ask her what scared her. "I turned the corner and it was just, light on my face all of a sudden."
You ruffle her mane, making her make a half annoyed, half amused snarky comment, and try pushing the cart with the tip of your fingers, then your palm, then both hands as it becomes apparent just how heavy it is.
It budges after a moment, and the cross lags slightly behind it. If it's hard to push here, you're not sure you could do it in the sand...
You take a step back away from them just in case and stand on the tip of your toes to see the park through the cubes.
"Hold on." Twilight says before lifting you in the air. "Better?"
Apyrr walks in, sees you floating in the air and turns its head in what you could believe is a quizzical way, then morphs back from quadruped into it's noodley self and stretches itself to have its eye stalk as high up as you- no, a little higher, is it showing up?
Through the orange cubes, in their flat not-light, you see the tents are painted with white-and-gold patterns, and their flags gold and red. And the park is fillder with crystalline blue shapes now, huddled inside the tents, on the floor besides and between them, a few of them -maybe, though you have dificulty telling them apart- embracing each other. Most of the blue shapes being embraced are the smaller ones.
And...
Twilight asks you if something is wrong when your expression changes and Apyrr whistles a low mewling tone. You try and find the words to tell her that, in the sky, the moon is shattered: there is a rough core in the center, and shards and fragments of greenish white rock floating around it, some with the smoothly curved surfaces that must've once been its surface, moving so slowly you can barely tell. There is a long trail of free foating fagments all across the sky.
>>
>>37090056
>showing up?
Showing off*
>>
>>37090056
So, the world we're looking into has suffered an apocalyptic event and we're in the "frozen in time" shadow version of it.
>>
>>37090056
I wonder if those crystalline shapes were once the inhabitants of this place or if they always looked like that.
>>
>>37090056
We should see what the fruit snowman looks like through the cubes.
I want to see Apyrr in full color as well.
>>
>>37090056
I have half of mind to disassemble the cart and find out which part is the anchor of the cross.
>>
>>37090095
>>37091331
>>37091356
>>37092084
"What?" Twilight asks incredulously. "That- you don't do that. The moon doesn't just break."
Well, you tell her, it didn't just break. Whatever happened here was cataclysmic.
You stretch your neck to have one last gaze at the moon fragments slowly move in the sky as Twilight lowers you back. What speed are they spinning at for the motion to be visible this far away? What could be strong enough to shatter planets?
You ask Twilight if she thinks you're stuck in some kind of shadow realm where time is frozen, but she shakes her head- no, she says: you wouldn't ve moving if time was frozen, and whatever is broken... no, sick here has too many ramifications and is even more basic than the passage of time. More essential. She doesn't think the cubes show another dimension or even another /version/, but another... she is at a loss for words for what to call it, but after a moment she says it's not shadow realms, trying to smile at your little joke.
You ask her if she thinks the blue things in the cubes are the people from here, and she nods. The demons, she says.
She's looking at the masks when she says that, so you ask her what's on her mind.
"I didn't remember it at first, but these masks," She lifts it in the air to show it to you and Apyrr, who descended again and is now laying in a coil, in the glow of the cubes. "Remember what the book said? That preparations must be made for demons to not be hurt by Equestria?"
You nod.
"They wore masks to not harm us, too, once we explained them why we summoned them. They said they were... buffers, or something of the sort." Twilight gulps. "They spoke of their world -Most likely this one- as a place of light. Knowledge, it was... they called it an 'infinite kingdom', and helped us regain our magical knowledge after many of our universities were destroyed by a spirit of chaos.
"And now their world is broken in some essential way I can't even begin understanding, and the moon is shattered." She continues. "And Equestria wasn't there to help them."
Art tomorrow
>>
>>37092134
Their being is alien to ours, right?
What if the thing that restores things is their version of a spell?
What if the moon breaking is why we are here, and they tried to summoned someone they thought might be able to help?
Maybe their aim was off and they weren't aiming for Twi and Anon, they were aiming for Celestia and the thing they used to try to find her was the connection to the element of magic which Celestia was wielding a thousand or so years ago and the ting that restores things is to give whoever was summoned enough time to fix whatever went wrong? But all this leaves an Apyrr shaped hole.
>>
>>37092134
>all magic as we understand it is sourced directly from the copied homework of demons
fuck?
>my mark is in magic
Twiggles...
like why even pretend that getting swallowed whole by a demon universe wasn't inevitable

>we weren't there
They weren't there for you, either. They helped you rebuild after the fact. There are two possibilities.

If there is nothing we can do for them, then this is our world now. We are explorers. Where we go, scientists, prospectors, and settlers will follow. The resources of this place that once sustained your friends will sustain you, as that's the most good this last gift can do.

And, if they are alive, you might save them still. My people, if I look at history, would just crush the survivors and take the land. Would ponies do better?

Either way, you can rebuild and so repay the favor exactly.

Anyway smash parts of the cart until we break the light-thing, or make it portable. If the repair-monster approaches, move on to the warehouse. Maybe try to find a hammer or something around here? Just, something heavy to smash with or something to pry with.
>>
>>37092134
There may be a connection between the emphasized infinityness of the kingdom and the conserved state of this place, but I don't know. It strongly depends on their idea of time, which may be anything. Do we see any movement on the other side? Does wind flutter flags and grass? Is there a cycle or some other pattern in this movement?
Observation of unmasked blue shapes doesn't seem to hurt un in an obvious way, so I'm going to assume that the summoners did they job properly and protected the summonees. But it doesn't mean that we're not risking to grant them a crystal leukemia or something simply through looking at them. What can we do to replicate these preparation and shield the demons from our ourness?
>>
>>37092134
Destroying a moon is very much possible, unlikely to happen by accident, unless an asteroid hits it.
>>
Too bad we can't put on an icegiant flag when we bump.
>>
>>37095047
>>
Bump
>>
bump
>>
>>37096764
>>
>>37092134
lets observe the fruit man from the cube we must see how we interact with the plane perhaps look at twi from the cube
>>
>>37092134
If time is being held in place with the exception of ones that were pulled in, would explain why twi cannot light. Apyrr was already glowing when they were pulled in, Twi wasn't, therefore Twi cannot glow and Apyrr does.
>>
File: 06 09 apyrr.png (222 KB, 1199x1026)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
>>37091356
>>
>>37101979
Apyrr looks tired.
>>
>>37101979
A cute. Are those green bits on her leg bruises?
>>
>>37101979
Fruits are blue too?
>>
>>37101979
Apyrr qt
>>37092134
Tell Twiggy that maybe help is why we showed up here. Maybe something summoned us hoping we could fix this place? Whatever it is, I doubt we'll be able to get out of this place without doing something.

At any rate, I'm curious about what happens to stuff passing through the cubes. Can we toss a fruit through one?
>>
>>37103830
You know what? Tossing a fruit into the cubes might give some useful information.
>>
>>37101979
I imagine Apyrr feels like a green pinecone.
>>
>>37106220
they do look like they have layers upon layers
>>
>>37106220
Trixie x Apyrr OTP
>>
>>37106865
What would lewd Apyrr noises even sound like?
>>
>>37107655
Asking the real questions here.
>>
>>37107655
slightly high, pulsating ring
somewhere between a singing glass and a pur
>>
Bump>>37108306
>>
>>37107655
Bagpipe.
>>
>>36982628
cammy this creature is cute I want more of it.
>>
>>37110104
>>
>>37110104
Aye.
>>
>>37110104
Apyrr used cute blackmailing
A Critical Hit!
Anon hesitated!
>>
>>37109872
i can see that
>>
>>37109872
How about Clarinet?
>>
>>37118729
Apyrr is FUCKINg PISSED
>>
>>37118797
Clarinets don't sound angry, maybe serious mode instead? Like the equivalent to "ゴゴゴゴ " in jojo.
>>
>>37118820
They don't sound angry to you, maybe.
But to snake ponies....
>>
>>37118835
More threatening than angry.
>>
Bedtime bump
>>
>>37101979
I want to cum in this thing so hard.
>>
>>37120922
Ok but what if, hear me out, what if Apyrr came inside you.
>>
>>37120944
Both?
>>
>>37120944
With tentacles or without?
>>
>>37123347
Yes.
>>
File: file.png (11 KB, 501x292)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
yes hi, I'm done with a couple comms and a mlpcon panel so my schedule is free at last, updating once I don't feel like death. Have a pokey Apyrr for your trouble.
Smut isn't off the cards but I want to finish the cyoa first so everything it might contain has context and all that.
>>
>>37124319
Fair enough.
Apyrr is cute and I just want more art of them.
To the point where I might try drawing them once I have enough info.
>>
>>37124319
Thanks cammy. Cute Apyrr is cute.
>>
Bunp
>>
>>37124319
I want to introduce Apyrr to Ponkle Per.
>>
>>37125083
>>
>>37124319
Apyrr is best backpack.
>>
>>37124319
>press A to let go
>>
>>37092362
>>37092406
>>37092407
>>37094553
>>37101780
>>37101979
>>37103830
>>37104440
>>37106220
>>37106568
>>37106865
>>37107655
>>37108296
>>37108306
>>37109872
>>37110104
>>37111969
>>37113174
>>37116745
>>37118797
>>37118820
>>37118835
>>37118844
>>37120922
>>37120944
>>37121943
>>37123347
>>37123439
>>37124319
>>37124332
>>37125541
>>37126719
You gesture at Twilight to give you a moment and mull over it as you pick up another fruit from another stand, then throw it at the cubes. While it happens fast, you think you can see three distinct things happen in quick succession.
First the cube makes a quiet thud, even though the fruit hasn't hit it yet, and crack lines appear all over the fruit. Then the cube wobbles slightly. Last, the fruit stops dead on its tracks, losing all motion for no discernible reason, and falls to the floor like a rock.
"Lucky us it just gives us a contusion." Twilight says as she picks it up to look at it more closely. "Or maybe we can't even touch it? We might fall over before doing that. But if we fell towards the cube..." She leaves it hanging in the air.
You ruffle her mane to console her about helping the demons, and say that the demons didn't help you deal with the chaos spirit. They helped Equestria /rebuild/, and you may yet be in time to do that now, just maybe. You're afraid of giving her hope that'll only be dashed as you say the words, but if you can find a way back to Equestria, establish a route, and get professionals and proper equipment, they might just be able to help.
"Hey!" She says, trying to smile, "I am an expert. Sort of."
You ruffle her mane again.
"Thanks, maybe.... maybe we can. Yeah. The blue things in the cubes might be frozen somehow like you say."
You clear your throat and tell her that if ponies use the magic of the demons, then her talent is in /demon/ magic. Maybe, it was a mater of time until she somehow got reverse-summoned to their world.

>1/2
>>
"Remember when we were teaching you how to write our script?" She asks back. "You couldn't get some stuff right. Until Pinkie told you to use your mouth like us, and you understood the motions in a few minutes."
You nod quietly, sitting in the grass near her. Apyrr coils between you two as well.
"Any magic ponies use will turn into pony magic over time, just like you use your hands to write now. What old ponies were betting on -and were right about- was that if we had the basic, universal theory down, it'd save /centuries/ of effort and we'd eventually regain most of our magic because pony horns and pony hooves and pony culture inherently wants to do specific spells in specific ways. My talent isn't demon magic."
You tell her it'd still be influenced by the demons, one way or another. You use your hands, you say, but it's still pony writing.
"We don't use pony horns to do demon magic... but I see your point. It's probably not the exact same thing as it was before, not that we'd have any way to know. The old theory is lost." She's quiet for a second. "Come to think of it, I think I recall how the demon's magic worked. It was all about motion."
She stands on her hindlegs and moves her forelegs in the air in short punching motions, talking to herself under her breath about how she managed to do it before.
Punching doesn't come naturally to ponies, no.
>2/2
>>
>>37127012
If it's based on gesture, Anon might be able to perform it.
>>
>>37127178
Apyrr is better at copying
maybe anon doing the punch-dance can trick apyrr into copying him and therefore accidentally preforming the spell for twilight?
>>
>>37127421
But that doesn't result in Anon learning a spell though.
>>
Bump
>>
>>37127012
If it requires some precise gesture then Apyrr should be able to do it better. She could shapeshift to imitate the a demon's form if that's necessary. Being stuck here for Celestia knows how long, surely she's seen plenty of demons though the cubes.
>>
>>37127012
Twi wearing Anon's coat while rearing up and doing hoof punches sounds adorable.
>>
>>37129925
>>
>>37132124
dj
>>
File: file.png (78 KB, 716x443)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>37127178
>>37127421
>>37127824
>>37129225
>>37129365
Twilight keeps trying to punch a few times, and after a moment you get back up and show her how to do it, explaining you need to turn your hips into it, and ask if you could do that magic too.
"You'd need inner magic like me, the--" She nearly stumbles, and you put your hands on her shoulders to catch her. As you do, Apyrr changes its hindlegs to be more similar to yours and starts punching the air too, as if trying to figure what you and Twilight are doing. "The movement energizes and the exact motion gives structure and direction, but you'd need to have--"
This time you can't catch her, and she falls flat on the ground with a grunt.
"You make it look so easy." Twilight says, booping. "But the moment I wear clothing I get tangled with it."
>>
>>37134813
clap Twilight's ass.
>>
>>37134813
Twig Sparkling a cute too. She do a sploot.
Is there a way to tell?
>>
>>37134813
Help the purple book horse up.
>>
>>37134813
>>37134995
Pick the purple book horse up.
>>
>>37135088
Pick up the book horse give her a hug and tell her that she can do it if she tries again.
>>
File: file.png (124 KB, 437x656)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>37134872
>>37134909
>>37134995
>>37135088
>>37135569
You resist the momentary urge to slap her ass and pick her up with a hug instead, telling her she'll pull it off in no time.
"Your legs are made for it, mine are all wrong." She says, sighing out her brief grumpy fit despite her words.
Then her eye darts to Apyrr, who seems pretty confused by the whole affair, then down at your lower hand on her backside and whispers, "Anon, Apyrr's watching."
>>
>>37136049
Apyrr can join the impromptu hug session if they want to Twi.

Offer Twi to Apyrr
>>
>>37136049
let her watch
continue to pet poni
>>
>>37136101
Pet Purple Pony
Show Apyrr how it is done
>>
>>37136049
If it's an issue of motion, then it might actually matter if you put your weight into it. Since you don't have toes and you haven't practiced martial arts like rainbow dash has, we probably have to adjust the spell.

See, if momentum and motion weren't the core of this spell system, I could just hold the neck of the shirt so you don't fall down when you try it.

Instead, just kick downward, like how a horse is built to kick. Rear up on your legs and send the energy in your body downward, through your kicking front legs.

If neither of those solutions work I'm going back to making apyrr do it.
>>
>>37136601
Also, apyrr doesn't know what anything is so I don't basically care.
They might figure it out if we start exchanging fluids, but that wasn't something you were considering, was it?
>>
>>37136049
Ignore Apyrr for now, pet Twi.
Gotta have the priorities in order.
>>
>>37136049
Apyrr can't really understand. She's trying to mimic our motions, though. It's worth a shot for Twilight to show us what she's trying to do. And, maybe taking our hand off her ass for now.
>>
>>37136049
Maybe we should boop that Twi snoot.
>>
>>37139304
Bunp
>>
File: file.png (63 KB, 366x332)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
Apyrr says ""
>>
>>37139803
>""
That was supposed be an eighth notes and heart.
>>
>>37139803
>>37139804
I think everyone got the message.
>>
>>37139803
Aawwee I love her too
>>
>>37140178
Not really? It depends on the notes.
>>
File: file.png (260 KB, 790x791)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>37136089
>>37136101
>>37136321
>>37136601
>>37136619
>>37137806
>>37138656
>>37139304
>>37139644
>>37139803
>>37139804
>>37140178
>>37140541
>>37141742
"I don't think it understands any of this." You whisper back, moving your hand further up anyhow, and raise your voice "Maybe we should check somewhere else-"
Apyrr sits nearby and extends a tendril to pull your hand and look at it more closely, turning it around in front of its time for a moment. After a while it makes a satisfied little whistle, and morphs into a closer attempt at an human-like body that it got earlier.
It looks at its own hands bending the fingers slowly, and after further changing them it tries petting Twilight, who tenses up, and then you.
>>
>>37142314
Certainly closer, not certain if that's a good thing yet.
Being able to form functional hands might be useful however.
Let's get back to seeing if we can find paper.
>>
>>37142314
Twi looks like her brain has magically transfigured into a potato, better make sure is alright.
Apyrr's holes are very face-like right now.
>>
>>37142314
Aw yiss, a stylish dress and meaty meaty fingers. We can teach him how to cat a cradle! But not how to shadow a puppet, because we're already inside of a shadowy puppet.
>>
>>37142314
Now this is something I can fuck. Whoa momma.
>>
>>37142314
Oh fuck, Apyrr got downgraded.

>>37143060
>him
>>
>>37143547
He only have a male human body to copy, so yes, it must be "him".
On the other hand, this stuff on his head is suspiciously hair-like - where did he get this idea? It's not even a copy of Twilight's mane, there's no central line going along his neck. His ability to infer forms (from cues? Or from some general principles unknown to less shapeshiftey species and civilizations?) may be beyond what seems to be possible.
>>
>>37143604
Or Apyrr is just copying Anon's form? You know, the more likely explanation, Occam's Razor.
>>
>>37143604
>>37143611
Anon doesn't have hair or chesttits yet Apyrr still "copied" those.
>>
>>37143613
You do know pectoral muscles are a thing, right? With oversized arms like that, would need more in the chest area just to move them around effectively. The "hair" is just an Apyrr thing, and is not a point for or against anything, they might just like how it feels or looks.
>>
>>37142314
>Apyrr pet us
cute!
>>
>>37143613
>chesttits
I think it's just a funky jacket, Ruby Rhod style.
>>
>>37143689
To tell the truth more interested in the fact that Apyrr tried to copy Anon's coat pockets too.
>>
>>37142414
>Let's get back to seeing if we can find paper.
Then pick somewhere else to check next
>>
>>37145723
First got to get Twi to recollect her marbles, then see if she remembers where "some kind of tall building with a great many windows" is, if not we'll have to resummon the repairer by knocking over a tent or something so she can recreate the lenses if she cannot already.
>>
>>37142314
Touch her check to confirm those are tits or not.
>>
>>37142314
Deploy head tilt.
>>
Tritones
>>
>>37142314
Tits. Moobs. I dont care. Them mounds be making me act up. Touch them.
>>
>>37150868
Bunp
>>
>>37151304
B
>>
>>37155898
C?
>>
File: file.png (304 KB, 1280x1024)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
Been trying to fix my sleep issues all week without success, so have twilight and apyrr licking frogs for the tiem being.
>>
>>37160111
I can't believe Apyrr is fucking dead.
>>
>>37160111
I want to show Apyrr a Theremin.
>>
>>37160567
those look weird and are fun
>>
>>37160111
the head structure is really interesting
>>
>>37139803
ah thats a butt
>>
>>37160111
Sneed and Feed the sneek
>>
>>37160111 (checked)
Those are some strange pointy head shapes for Apyrr. Which I guess makes sense but I've gotten used to the round-headed one.
>>
>>37162941
Apyrr is going on an adventure.
>>
Bunp
>>
>>37142414
>>37142980
>>37143060
>>37143269
>>37143547
>>37143604
>>37143611
>>37143613
>>37143620
>>37143660
>>37143689
>>37144093
>>37145723
>>37146618
>>37146931
>>37147324
>>37150868
You will yourself not to stare at Apyrr's can't-believe-it's-not-tits (Tits! Tits! You never thought you'd see proper chest tits again!) and smile back at it for the petting, wondering if you should point out Apyrr went a little overhead with the arm length. Twilight seems to be frozen, though, so you knock on her head softly and ask if anyone's there.
"Oh? Oh. Oh! Yes." Twilight looks at Apyrr again. "Yes. It's just-"
"What?"
"Bipeds are weird." She says at last, and you don't get the impression prodding will get her to elaborate further.
Instead, you ask if she could still make those air lenses without the giant affecting the environment, or at least find the tall glass building she mentioned before.
"Sure, the air is still pretty rigid without it... I'll just need a little extra time."
As Twilight warps the air again, you peruse the dreamcatchers in the stalls as you have a last look around for any paper. Just like the fruit, you guess some things are universal: Circles with nets inside them, and feathers hanging off, must be eye pleasing even to reality-warping demons from another dimension. Maybe they are even called dreamcatchers here, too...
You look at the glowing cross floating midair, and think of what's probably people frozen inside it somehow.
...Something got caught, that's for sure.
Oh, hey, a bag.

Later, having relocated the tall building, the three of you march to it. Apyrr is back to clinging to your back after it tried to walk on two legs and promptly fell on its face with a frustrated clarinet snort, and Twilight proudly carries the -vaguely rubbery, but not quite plastic- bag you found. She collected blades of the time-frozen grass and what might not be dust inside it: "Samples", she said, and that was that.
"She's not too heavy?" Twilight asks.
"Apyrr's good at distributing weight." You say. And then, you admit, "And I can't say no to small and cute things, I guess."
"Well, I'm glad you can't." Twilight says jokingly, still happy as sunshine about being able to collect samples. "It's pretty useful."
"I imagine." You smile back. There's a moment of silence, then you add. "You really think Apyrr's a girl, don't you?"
"Well, yeah." She looks at you smugly. "Girls are prettier and smell nicer."
>>
>>37164725
>Apyrr is back to clinging to your back
I shall solve this mystery, once and for all! Assuming it's, or she's face forward and clinging to Anon's back, can Anon tell if those are real tits?

Comment on how strange this all is, probably one be the last time you say it.
>>
>>37164725
,,, you've been smelling Apyrr?
>>
>>37164815
This, that's kinda weird Purple.
>>
>>37164725
Twi, don't go around sniffing friends, it's rude.

That is what conventional science says for a lot of critters, despite various human's attempts to contradict.
There are outliers however...
If Apyrr is a girl I'd prefer to ask them over assuming, but if Apyrr is a she what would a male of her kind look like?
What level of sexual dimorphism do you think they have?

>>37164762
Apyrr's back to a vaguely pony shaped ball of noodles more than likely.
>>
>>37164825
I hope we get to cop a feel before she does so we can confirm with 100% certainty.
>>
>>37164762
>>37164815
>>37164822
>>37164825
>>37164914
"Yeah, but..." You start talking before it dawns on you. "Smells?"
She doesn't answer.
You stiffle a laugh, "Twi, it's rude to sniff pon-- people."
"I don't."
"Did you sniff me too?"
"No!"
>>
>>37165035
She totally did.
>>
>>37165035
How do I smell Twilight?
Try to smell Twilight to see if she smells like the colour purple.
>>
>>37165035
Sniff her back.
>>
buumm
>>
>>37165035
Well, I think you smell nice, too, Twilight.
>>
>>37165035
>>37164725
Wait, Twilight thinks Apyyr is pretty too?
>>
>>37165035
Sniff Apyyr and cop a feel on her ass.
>>
Bunp
>>
wow thread went form 0 to 100 kinda
>>
>>37168797
>>
>>37169855
its like finally feeling the high
>>
>>37165035
>>>SSSSNNNNIIIFFFFFFFF
>>
apyrr a pyrr
>>
>>37173575
Kek
>>
>>37173575
apurr
if they where a cat
>>
>>37174542
pussy
>>
>>37173575
Apyrr a pear
>>
>>37165073
>>37165156
>>37165422
>>37166828
>>37167469
>>37167944
>>37169855
>>37171930
>>37172682
>>37173575
>>37174542
She totally did. You say if she goes around smelling people, it's only fair she let you smell her.
Twilight backs off away from you, and trots away calling you a creep. Apyrr, still clinging to your back, whistles confused by the running and giggling.

The rest of the walk goes without incident, though you couldn't manage to know if she smells purple too; Quadrupeds are still faster, you were carrying Apyrr, and ponies have some amazing stamina. Must be all the sugar.
Now, Twilight is perusing the outside of the tall glass building. No doors are immediately apparent this time, and she's afraid of teleporting.
"It's the light." She muttered, talking to herself as much as she was talking to you. "Teleport uses photon bounce to check if the spot I want to go to isn't inside a wall, it's why it makes light bubbles."
"Mhm." You mutter.
"And if the photons are malfunctioning here..." She shivers at the thought.
"...Oh."
But that was a couple minutes ago. Now, sat in the floor to let Apyrr hop down, you watch Twilight try to find a way in. Because there's no obvious doors on any side of the building, and you can only guess this side is the front because of some decorations on the ceiling you can barely see.
At last, Twilight slides her hooves to the right glass panel and it slides inwards, after which you help her slide it to the side to reveal the interior.
And then it dawns on you.
"Wait, pretty?"
Twilight starts blustering something, losses her grip on the glass, and when trying to recover her balance trips on the jacket again.
"You can have it back." She says, not feeling like getting up quite yet.
>>
>>37176065
Of course she's pretty. Apyrr can make even a human form work (just imagine the massive hugs that these giant hands can deploy!), plus everything pony-shaped is pretty.
>photon bounce
That's a stupid spell and it will get you trapped inside of a cube of perfectly transparent glass one day. Use ultrasound instead.
>>
Bunp
>>
>>37176065
Sorry Twi, just at odds with how you described Apyrr early.
>>
>>37176171
bump because I just got back
>>
>>37176065
Sieze the opportunity, sniff her mane.
>>
>>37176065
sniff
>>37176171
well there is also the issue of water and vacuum
>>
>>37176171
Combining a light and sound burst would make is significantly safer, Electrons would work best, from what I remember.
>>
>>37178222
hmm probably
>>
>>37176171
>>37177166
>>37177603
>>37177802
>>37178202
>>37178222
You apologize to her and, helping her take off the jacket and get back on her hooves, explain she just seemed spooked by Apyrr before.
"I still am." She glances back at the shapeshifter, who's looking at you curiously. "It's like a snake made of smaller snakes. I can't help that... I know it's unfair."
She's not been bad to Apyrr so far, you say with a shrug, then admit you were afraid of unicorns at first.
"Buh"
The horns, you say; Even with round tips the horns were scary. Too eye pokey for your taste, too close to crotch height, you couldn't help picturing one running onto you.
"Is that why you kept crossing your legs near me?"
You nod, peering into the building. There's neatly arranged rows of shelves, and you can barely make out some kind of balcony at the left, and another higher up in front of it- it's like each floor after the first takes a fourth of the building, and they ascend in a spiral.
"I thought..." She says, then drops it awkwardly when you make another question. You ask her if photons aren't unsure, what about stuff like glass? Or water?
"The magic burst displaces gases and liquids, and transfers air, a split second before translocation, and even glass bounces a little light. And magic creates so much light we just make it generate photons /en masse/. Anything short of clear air or... a void we know about with time to cancel the teleport." She dictates in the tone of someone who has known from early age they will one day be teachers themselves, and look forward to the prospect.
You almost pet her the cute nerd again, but she slips off from under your hand with a flick of her tail. "Please. I have dignity."
The three of you check the shelves, Apyrr extending a tendril with her eyestalk on it to peruse the higher ones. The first you check has books with pages made of a vaguely metalic material, with engravings etched in. Twilight's has a kind of plastic film with multicolored inks between the pages, and Apyrr's is an odd articulate material closer to chainmail than paper with its pieces made of different metals. You check another shelf, and this one has mummified little things that, upon being touched, disintegrate, and you get a ghastly feeling that it was one alive. Every shelf you check has different kinds of books, and Twilight seems amazed by the fact.
"What?" She asks after you mutter something, startling you out of your thoughts so suddenly you need a moment to recall what it is that you said so distractedly.
"It's like Babel." You say, picking up another book. This one feels like tree bark, and the air whistles through diminutive holes in the pages at the slightest movement. "A freaking Tower of Babel."
Nearby, Apyrr makes a surprised squeal and lays a book on the floor, opens it, and starts singing what has to be music as it flips the pages, paper cutouts from the pages.
>>
>>37179003
I think Apyrr found something they understand.
>>
>>37179003
>"I thought..."
Too be fair, ponies are always in the maximum ass position all the time.

>"Please. I have dignity."
>Twiggles
>Ever
Says the pony packing in the borgs at Hayburgers

What book did Apyrr find? Pet the Apyrr!
>>
>>37176171
>>37177166
>>37177603
>>37177802
>>37178202
>>37178222
You apologize to her and, helping her take off the jacket and get back on her hooves, explain she just seemed spooked by Apyrr before.
"I still am." She glances back at the shapeshifter, who's looking at you curiously. "It's like a snake made of smaller snakes. I can't help that... I know it's unfair."
She's not been bad to Apyrr so far, you say with a shrug, then admit you were afraid of unicorns at first.
"Buh"
The horns, you say; Even with round tips the horns were scary, too eye pokey for your taste, too close to crotch height, and you couldn't help picturing one running onto you.
"Is that why you kept crossing your legs near me?"
You nod, peering into the building. There's neatly arranged rows of shelves, and you can barely make out some kind of balcony at the left, and another higher up in front of it- it's like each floor after the first takes a fourth of the building, and they ascend in a spiral.
"I thought..." She says, then drops it awkwardly when you make another question. You ask her if photons aren't unsafe, what about stuff like glass? Or water?
"The magic burst displaces gases and liquids, and transfers air, a split second before translocation, and even glass bounces a little light. And magic creates so much light we just make it generate photons /en masse/. Anything short of clear air or... a void we know about with time to cancel the teleport." She dictates in the tone of someone who has known from early age they will one day be teachers themselves, and look forward to the prospect.
You almost pet her the cute nerd again, but she slips off from under your hand with a flick of her tail. "Please. I have dignity."
The three of you check the shelves, Apyrr extending a tendril to pull books from the higher ones. The first shelf you check has books with pages made of a vaguely metalic material, with engravings etched in. Twilight's has a kind of plastic film with multicolored inks between the pages, and Apyrr's is an odd articulate material closer to chainmail than paper with its links made of different metals. You check another shelf, and this one has mummified little things that, upon being touched, disintegrate, and you get a ghastly feeling that it was once alive. Every shelf you check has different kinds of books, and Twilight is audibly amazed by the fact.
"What?" She asks after you mutter something, startling you out of your thoughts so suddenly you need a moment to recall what it is that you said so distractedly.
"It's like Babel." You say, picking up another book. This one feels like tree bark, and the air whistles through diminutive holes in the pages at the slightest movement. "A freaking Tower of Babel."
Nearby, Apyrr makes a surprised squeal and lays a book on the floor, opens it, and starts singing what has to be music as it flips the pages, paper cutouts popping from the pages.

okay that's too many typos and ESlisms in that post.
>>
>>37179804
see here >>37179800
>>
>>37179100
>>37179800
You walk up to Apyrr to see the book too, and when it notices you it stops singing and places a hoof on the page- this one is a parchment or cloth, but looks like it's meant to be unfolded as it's read, and the lines on it curve and twirl. First it places a hoof on the circle in the right page, and then sings again, quickly sliding the hoof over the lines. Every time a line bifurcates, Apyrr either follows first the smaller line then returns to the main track or -in only two cases- emits several songs at once, briefly turning into a one-snake orchestra to punctuate the song. But after just a couple seconds of this Apyrr runs out, and finishes the song.
"Anon?"
While you're still patting Apyrr to thank it for the song, Twilight walks in on you from behind another shelf, wide eyed, with a roll of cloth in her magic.
"It shouldn't surprise me, but." She looks back to the roll of cloth. "This is Equestrian."
>>
File: file.png (228 KB, 880x559)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>37179944
brain is bork
>>
>>37179944
But what is it Twi?

>>37179981
Looks like a story?
>>
>>37179988
"What is it?" You move aside to let Twilight see Apyrr's book. "I think it found one of its own, too."
"I don't know- it's too old and I never fully learned that script, but I know when it's from," She unrolls it to show it to you- there's several drawings of weapons, bladed crosses and crossbows and handleless swords surrounded by text. "That." Twilight points at a single word, drawn bigger on the corner. "Is Clover the Clever's signature. See why I can't read it? It's older than Equestria itself." She rolls it back up carefully. "I just never thought of the sheer scale of their culture. How many peoples they traded knowledge with, and for how long."
>>
>>37180377
What if it's the same story in every tome? Can we use it as Rosetta stone to understand Apyrr?
>>
>>37180377
I wonder if we can find something from Earth.
>inb4 necronomicon
>>
>>37180970
It would be completely useless.
Don't think skin is a valid medium for our purposes and it's written in an esoteric language.
>>
>>37180377
It would be a shame to tear this apart to repair the other book, but what other options do we have?
>>
>>37180377
>>37181372
These books feel too important to meddle with, or else we might summon the giant again. Lets keep searching the shelves.

>>37180659
There's no guarantee we'll get a Rosetta but it would be worth keeping an eye out for.
>>
Bump
>>
>>37182381
>>
>>37182871
>>
>>37184602
>>
>>37187782
>>
>>37180377
i hope the giant repairs the book i made disintegrate into dust
>>
>>37180659
>>37180970
>>37181355
>>37181372
>>37181573
You ask if maybe you could use it as a rosetta stone (Explaining what it is to Twilight) and that, for what's worth, there has to be paper. Ponies and humans can't be the only ones who use it.
"Yeah. As bad as I feel to..." She leaves it hanging in the air. The book, while not a sure bet as far as you're concerned, is the closest you have to any bet at all.
The three of you continue perusing the books- Apyrr carries its in a sort of tendril sash on its side, and Twilight the scroll in her rump. After a while, you begin climbing the spiral floors of the library, following a unspoken want to know what might lie at the top of a tower of babel. After the first two floors, you stop checking the shelves- each floor has what has to be over a hundred bookcases, and you could spend days on each.
Perhaps you will, you wonder distractedly.
And as you do so, there's a characteristic shake under your feet, and another, and the three of you are frighted out of your bored stupor. How long have you been climbing for, twenty minutes? Forty?
Only this time it's different: the giant doesn't enter the library, but stop suddenly a few hundred meters away from it, takes one final step, and wails a long whine that hurts your ears with the sing-song of devilry and ice, demons crawling from the remains of an eternal army that forgot its own war when your kind was but apes.
Apyrr's faceholes grow smaller, and Twilight's ears fold down and her yellow 'stache losses its curl, but all of you manage to stand your foot. The giant takes another step forward -slower and, you intuit, somehow tentative- and then backs away again with a great shake and a trembling, like a dog afraid to be caught missbehaving.
>>
>>37189265
>FAGGOT!
>Flip the giant the bird
>>
>>37189265
It probably is trying to put the stuff we are carrying back and cannot do that for some reason.
Might not be able to interact with living things?
>>
>>37189398
>>37189886
You briefly consider flipping the bird to the giant while you can, but decide against it- it's not quite there yet, but even at this distance the brain fog isthere, threatening to take over if anything, anything at all, were to provoque the giant into leaping...
And why hasn't it? When you bring it up, Twilight doesn't think it's your group or living beings (It already fixed the lever, not paying you any mind if it noticed you at all) but has no idea what it might be. Either it's you or something about the library itself, it has to be.
There's nothing you can do about it either way, though, so you continue to climb, counting the floors under your breath as you do: Eight, nine, ten...
There's something odd as you reach the tenth, though it takes you until the eleventh to realize what it is; There's not dust anymore here, only clean surfaces everywhere. When you reach the twelfth floor, you're finally close enough to the ceiling to see it in this dark. It's still a good dozen meters or so up.
Twilight's ears flicker several times as you walk between the bookshelves, disapointed that that's all there was, right up until you realize it's not, not at all; Right there, in the middle of the platform-floor, is a column with a hardy-looking door large enough to pass a car though, wildly out of place in a place such as this, with rivets and heavy beams and made of a metal that, when you knock on it, it barely makes any sound; The dull note of something that's too heavy, solid, and huge to quite ring.
And elsewhere in the platform, breaking this world's silence, you hear the click of a dog's paw on stone. The silence that follows feels startled by itself.
>>
>>37190348
Paw, or claws?
Maybe look around a bit.
>>
>>37190348
Knocking at doors that we're not prepared to enter is rude. Even if it's just to hear the sound of it.
>>
>>37190348
Seems odd for it not to be dusty here
>>
bop
>>
Bup
>>
>>37193036
>>
Bip
>>
>>37198878
>>
>>37191358
>>37191369
>>37191386
You turn around slowly with Apyrr and Twilight, the former making a mewling hiss and the later dropping into a wide-legged, low headed stance, but there's nothing in the direction of the hiss. Nor is there in any other when, slow and cautious, your group looks for the source of the sound between the shelves.
Apyrr grows longer legs to climb the shelves, retracting its head tendrils to open more faceholes all over its head, but after a tense minute jumps back down with a thud; No, you can only guess, it didn't see anything.
It does little to sooth you, were those paws or claws? Did you just imaginethe sound, or is what made it very good at (And intent in) hiding from you? Before long you've backed to the door again, eager to have at least some cover in this place.
For a moment you're possessed by a vision; The door opens behind your back, revealing Twilight's demons of old were there all along. But nothing happens, and the other two unavoidably relax around you, but you can't help putting yourself a little in front of Twilight still. Just in case.
Another minute goes. Twilight takes a book with magic, then another, then a thgird and a fourth, each from a different bookcase.
"They're all the same here." She says, already surrounded by a few more books by the time she's finished talking, and shows them to you; Each, rather than pages, opens like a box and has one of those sharp blue spikes covered in etches inside. The entire interior of the box-books is covered in grooves, with several pools for
(Bloodletting)
something on each side.
>>
>>37200646
Could this room be how they traveled between worlds?
>>
>>37200646
Get poked already. We'll have to try bloodletting sooner or later anyway if we want to unravel any secrets in this place, and what may give us a safer first experience than a library? That's what libraries are for. Trying new things. Losing blood. Hearing things.
>>
>>37201251
>>
>>37201384
>>37201581
You begin relaxing- not wanting to, almost waiting for some monster-dog to jump out of the shelves and justify your remaining tension. Earlier, Twilight was quick to flip from being saddened by the demons to laughing whenyou teased her, and now she's quick to return to her fascination about books.
Ponies are quick to reset emotionally. A little too quick for your taste, even after otherwise getting used to them.
But you (And Apyrr, thank the small mercies) remaining cautious is warranted, but has no present justification as far as Twilight cares, and won't until it makes itself known again- and so, you're stuck simultaneously wishing to be right and wrong, that Twilight comes to agree you should investigate it more thoroughly and that she's right in her disregard.
For now, making sure you're covering Twilight from whatever may attack is a good enough middlepoint for you, and you drop into a squat to see the books more closely.
"You think this had to do with their traveling to other worlds?" You ask, pointing at the door. "This is where they did it?"
"Yeah. Yeah, it is an important looking building."
Outside and away, the giant lets out another incoherent yell.
This is the demons' alright, and this great door and this entire building, you can just picture it well lit... The demons -who you picture as some sort of red-skinned shamman, wrapped in gold light and with horns poking out of their head- receiving an honored guest atop an impossible-looking skyscraper, having them descend thousands of steps reckoning the width of their knowledge of other worlds before setting a foot outside. Ponies, more creatures like Apyrr, and any manner of other things.
"We'll have to use it sometime, won't we?" She asks.
You nod. You're missing too much information, and being squeamish about what might be your only way to get more isn't any good.
"Do you want to..." Twilight starts, then shakes her head. "Inventory first."
"Huh?"
"We need to gather ourselves before doing anything." She says, taking everything from your pockets and balanced on her rump- though Apyrr protests when she tries to take its book too, so she leaves it alone.
"One pen with magic ink." She says, and you try not to look at the stache in her face, still finding it funny that she's not noticed it yet.
"Two masks that made us freak the hell out" She looks at them as one may look at a quiet, but wide eyed, flat eared cat. Ready to pounce at one's face.
"One half-burned book on the summoning of demons."
"One invaluable historical document" She pokes at Clover the Clever's scroll.
"One bag of grass and dust..." She takes a split second to think. "One pony, one shapeshifter, one human, and a very heavy door." Twilight looks back to the door "I think I can force it open, but it'd take time."
>>
>>37202413
What if the giant is trying to warn us about something? Can we communicate with it?
>>
>>37202413
Brain is mashed potatoes, have a bump.
>>
>>37202790
If we can repurpose the translation spell in the book, perhaps.
>>
guys please stop dashing in a different direction every post it's like every character has OCD like this
>>
>>37202413
I just thought of something, isn't the magic ink the same color as demon blood?
>>
>>37202413
So, inventory checked, are we going to poke ourselves? Perhaps only one drop, I just hope nothing bad happens.
>>
>>37206565
Messing with these books like that doesn't strike me as the smartest idea. The door they're related to is rather special after all.
>>
>>37202413
So, Twilight, do you want to remind us why you took that bag of grass and dust? Or maybe you just want to open the door.
>>
>>37206189
?
>>37190348
>Paw, or claws?
>Maybe look around a bit.
A direct and fairly calm reaction to the sound mentioned in your post, basically a perception check.
>Knocking at doors that we're not prepared to enter is rude. Even if it's just to hear the sound of it.
basically a joke with no commands
>Seems odd for it not to be dusty here
another perception check
>some bumps

>>37200646
>Could this room be how they traveled between worlds?
An interpretation of the results of the perception check with no connected commands.
>Get poked already.
>Trying new things. Losing blood. Hearing things.
A direct response to finding a large number of bloodletting objects, again

and that's it.
Truly, we are chaos incarnate, and totally at fault for twilight being such a spaz you had to have anon lampshade it. Thing is, I hadn't even thought of anyone as being a spaz. They are just being really exceptionally casual and giggly about this whole adventure. The only somewhat out of place thing to me was the inventory check, which nobody told you to do. You're probably somewhat concerned about the anons that want to talk to the cognitohazard, but it wouldn't be that hard to just have twilight explain to anon that no, that is not a good idea and he should stop interrupting her science. You also, as mentioned, lampshaded the problem in a post BEFORE the translation-spell suggestion was made, which means that 1 sentence direct-reaction responses with no creativity were just too much.

I'm pretty sure you're just cringing at your younger self from five minutes ago, is all that's happening. Congratulations Cammy, you grew into a stressed out old wo?man.
>>
>>37209680
The inventory call was for what Twilight says. We've not really done a proper inventory list for too long.
>>
>>37209901
Oh, and also giving another post as a buffer/sanity check before doing the poking. Always good to give players a buffer for things that might get argued when more people see it, to get proper consensus.
>>
>>37206565
I'd want to make sure we could treat the wound after.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (22 KB, 480x577)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>37202790
>>37203327
>>37204469
>>37206189
>>37206216
>>37206565
>>37208456
>>37208902
>>37209680
>>37209901
"Do you want to?"
She makes a non committal grunt, and you take the pen to look at it more closely. Unlike everything else here, the yellow ink seems oddly bright- it doesn't radiate light, or act like any proper lightsource would. It just seems to bypass the dark and be easy to see. Then the book catches your eye, and...
"You said the blood spikes had flakes of yellow blood?" You ask.
"Yeah, why-" Twilight sees you're holding the pen, and freezes for a moment. "Oh. Oh Celestia."
You pat her withers, and when the giant wails again it's a physical effort not to clench her fur hard enough to hurt her. And if Apyrr continues to *tighten*, it'll soon be no larger than a foal.
"Do you think it's trying to tell us something?" Asks Twilight.
You can only shake your head, too uncertain of everything concerning the giant, and suggest maybe the demon book could help. It had a translator thingy, didn't it?
"I'm afraid of touching it at all. It's still too frail, but I don't think so. Translator spells are either very specialized or much larger than a book."
You nod, sit crosslegged, and pick up the book with the spike in it. Twilight asks if you're sure you want to be the one, and you nod absent mindedly.
You probably have the most experience with being somewhere strange and far from home out of the three. That should help. Hopefully. You make another question to buy time and gather courage- you're not *impatient* to do it one way or another.
"The grass?" Twilight lifts the bag. "To research back home. If you don't want-"
Once a man's gathered as much courage as he has, anything else he catches will be hesitation and doubt. You don't allow this to happen.
>>
and
>>
you
>>
Man'o'corn be devoured, man'o'mud be washed away, man'o'war grew and waned, man'o'words and man'o'worlds watches it all with grim resolve. You move across the grand library with impatience but no less affection for it, imprinting the same (world/word) into every book. Your blood runs brittle, your step uncertain as you perform the rituals over and over again, but it's of no importance. A (world/word) must remain, a message, one lasting memory of your infinite kingdom, and the Wenu is maybe the most important place of all for this. Everyone else has hid. Everyone else is safe. Every script is safeguarded elsewhere. Only a few brave pillan and wangulen remain in the open to finish the grand work before the interlopers steal all of your lifes. Kuyén calls for you, running your way three-legged, but what could mater more that the epitaph?
"The ngen."
You stop. Your blood drips down, and the sound of its (words/worlds) upon the book's storage -bell chimes and cracking glass- is the only response you have. The only response there is, maybe, and anything else is adornments to make it more bearable.
You ask her what happened, already knowing what she means. Already knowing every answer, too stunned and numb to question going through the steps.
"The interlopers. They found the ngen. Did you not feel it?"
Had you? Ruinous pillan, did you not? Did you not feel a shudder in your breath, a shiver, a cry from the very world? Are you imagining it now, wanting to believe you've not yet been numbed to such a thing, or did you truly push it off your mind?
Bell chimes and cracking glass.
You hold each other and walk tangled to the window to look upon your moon, cracked now. The first victim. The first prey they set upon, and how dark and still it is now, you can barely see it. They stole its life, like they most likely stole the ngen's just now. You don't dare ask if it was your ngen that was found- yours and Kuyén's, hidden with so many others in the safest place you could muster. Neither does she.
Bell chimes and cracking glass. Kuyén starts crying under the lifeless moon.
>>
>>37210967
Try to leave this word before bad things start happening. There must be an exit button or something. Do we remember who we are? Any names?
>>
>>37211085
We're just reading this guy's story.
>>
>>37211115
I think we are seeing/experiencing it.
Either way we have more info.
>>
You rise to your feet. The amulen sings bloody green, the unicorn tugs your arm and casts a defence around you. You try to sing sooth, but your throat is all wrong. You try to ask them what is happening, but it's all wrong, every muscle, every bone, every leyline. A shape jumps to you, and the unicorn slams it away with several books at once before it's hit her defense, a grievous usage of the epitaph. Another shape tries to attack, but is grabbed by the amulen's limbs and slammed against the wall, the ceiling, the floor like a bloody ragdoll. More shapes keep coming, a cancerous swarm barely visible in the dark.
>>
>>37211238
Staying here seems like a bad idea.
>>
>>37211085
>>37211120
A sudden fever overtakes you, a brain fog, a question, a... you... who are...?
It clears away as suddenly as it came, and you wonder briefly if you should try to escape- make a run for the safety of one of the long list of allies you've accrued on the vertical plane, could you man a small shuttle, sneak somewhere safe?
Early on, when it became clear the interlopers were not visitors or travellers but a threat, your people made an attempt to evacuate many to a distant, well guarded plane who owed you much, and would surely harbour you, only for the interlopers to chase them- to lay ruin to not one but two worlds. One interloper, without any agents, would be capable of taking over a less advanced world. An entire taskforce harvests yours, for it is no war but harvest that they do, stealing your light as their agents level entire cities. And three agents, without any interloper, sufficed to decimate your ally's defenses and open a channel for more to flood in. They are... a hunger, an advancing rampage without any motive you can divine, the interlopers themselves seem to lack even the capacity to communicate. They just sing their song and steal the light, and secrete their sweet water of forgetfulness that enslaves their agents.
And now, knowing this full well, cowardice betrays you. You are almost overtaken by an impulse to... to what? Escape, small and undetected, with your family? Find your ngen if they still live and put another world at risk? There is no one who could defend you. All people more powerful than yours have long since destroyed themselves or faded away from your reach, no doubt becoming greater or maybe even being overtaken by the interlopers outside your notice. If you can't stop a single interloper, who could?
You have no doubt (And this is, you fear, your people's last hope) that many have done so, slipped between the cracks to remote lands, but you could not face yourself were you to do such a thing. Not even for your wangulen and ngen- or maybe because you love them too much to.
Time passes, you lose track of it until you notice morning comes. And then, with a great quake, something falls from the sky in front of the library, showering gravel. The shape is small, but you still recognize a lesser race that, in a long ago time, you yourself helped save from a great plague created by an old, now defeated foe. Two legged and so heavy set that most floors cracked under their weight, you and Kuyén watch it stand up in its crater and holler an enraged cry, mindless of the charred holes on its skin.
You hold Kuyén tighter, feeling war chants form in the back of your mind and sharpening your quills.
>>
>>37211238
I think we've seen what had made the noise.

>>37211530
Interlopers? See if it can show us. Try to think about them in particular.
>>
>>37211530

>>37212083 I don't think we should be so hasty. Let's see what it has to say first.
>>
>>37211380
>>37212083
You try to fend yourself from the cancer-hounds, but when you claw for them you find your nails to be dull, and the motion makes you sick and you bend over to vomit, and only a trail of slobber emerges from your gut. The unicorn blasts even more away with the book, growing enraged when one of them nearly reaches you and lifting one of the bookcases to sweep away a whole pack of them in one fell swoop. You try to turn your eyes in your corneas to see the right light range in this inky dark, but the only result is a sharp piercing pain powerful enough to almost knock you out. It' only the enraged cry of the unicorn, and the amulen's battle-song as it grows into a writhing mass twice your own estature and covers itself in bone spikes, that brings you the focus, but mostly the unicorns's- her pupils dilated and a snarl on her lips, the purple on her eyes seeming to almost shine in scorning spite of this black, she looks like a war goddess as enraged by the attack as she is to be forced to awaken from within the usually kind creature, and how beautiful she is in her rage, how beautiful she is in peace.
The cancer-hounds keep coming. You gather your wits to bunch both hands together in a bunch and slam one ouf of the air, letting your own warcry join the others', but you can't keep this up. One will fail, and the rest will surely follow, for the cancer-dogs are an endless plague and but a symptom, an incarnation of the malaise of stillness. But the door behind you is closed and locked and you lack the limbs to unlatch its locks. Your quills are missing, your substance is too, too solid, it's all wrong...
The unicorn notices you and casts another expanding bubble barrier, briefly pushing back the hounds, to ask you in a scream why are you toying with the door now, and the amulen uses the brief rest to grow three pairs of clawed legs and cover them in thick layers of chittin. The bubble pops, and the hounds set upon you again.
>>
>>37212328
Maybe this form can use magic?
>>
>>37212328
Try telling Twilight that opening the door is our only chance at safety. Hopefully this mind-merge deal still lets us communicate. If not, maybe banging at the door will get the point across, if we can't figure out how to use our body to undo the latches.
>>
>>37212328
We don't have to stop being a wangulan-thing (or a pillan-thing? What's the difference?) to use this body in an effective way. Tell it to handle the door, relax and let it do its thing. We can trust it. It knows what it's doing.
>>37212854
>it's all wrong, every leyline
It may be a dangerous idea. Neither of the two beings that we are right now knows the right/appropriate/safe moves, and I have a feeling that wrong moves may damage more than just our body.
>>
>>37212854
>>37213461
It seems possible, now is not the time to try.
>>
>>37213461
Considering we're in a life or death situation, some risks might be permissible.
>>
BAM PUUUUUUU
>>
>>37214207
>>
>>37214694
>>
>>37215334
>>
>>37212083
>>37212282
An entire conversation happens in the look you share with Kuyén, and you move three-legged to the edge of the platform and flutter down, ignoring the stairs altogether. No time to.
Could this be an agent of the interlopers? A sudden fog takes over you again. The interlopers, rarely seen as their agents keep everyone at bay, towering crystaline structures whose substance is, truly, not too unlike your own. Each the size of a building, levitating in midair as it drains the light away... first you welcomed them warmly, thinking them brothers across the stars, until it became evident what they were...
As you reach down, the visitor (An agent of the interlopers?) yells incoherently and slams the front of the library with a fist that makes the ground shake. The wall weathers, it, for now.
You try casting a barrier around yourself lest the newcomer were to harm you, but when the fever falls upon you again, you black out.
>>
>>37213485
>>37213490
>>37212854
>>37213257
>>37213461
You try to tell the unicorn to open the door and allow you to escape, but the words escape you and you gesture at it instead. The words... they're, it's all off, your memory is hazy. Did she not teach you the words? She, she...
And, in trying to recall the sound of her and your own name, you black out.
>>
You're sitting, crosslegged, on a soft pillow, after another failed lesson.
As much as the horses and you have tried for months now, you've yet to grasp their language and they've yet to grasp yours. They allow you to roam more or less free around what you can only guess is some kind of university: You can attend lectures, provided you mind your manners. You can talk to anyone, have as much access to the fridge as anyone else, and they even went as far as to make a bed large enough for you. You don't know if there's any reason why they do it other than the good of their hearts and their obvious curiosity, but you don't mind it. At least now that they don't try to pull your clothes off you to wash them every couple days.
What you do mind is the language part. You fear -and maybe they do too, as you sense some distress from your teachers- that without anyone to talk to, you'll go mad. Already your head feels chokeful of things, already you're frustrated by how much work it takes to take anything across, and suppose you fell sick? How would you tell their doctors what's wrong? The sounds are all wrong, you can tell you're missing nuances of their language, sounds that may even be outside your hearing range. How would you know? And the writing isn't much better. It's a huge alphabet.
So you sit on a pillow because their chairs are too tiny, wearing a shitty suit and tie (Because you got sucked away wearing that, so that's your lot now), trying to think of a way out, feeling yourself more and more like a bird in a barn every passing day. A group of horses tries to talk to you then spends several minutes gesturing that dinner will be an hour early today. Other horses, wearing saddlebags, run by the door as they explain that.
And when they go, you see one of the horses that ran past (This one violet, purple eyed, and with a pink and purple streaks on her dark mane) must've backpedaled, because she's peeking through the doorway curiously, with a bit of a I'm-not-supposed-to-be-here-aren't-I face.
>>
>>37219981
So Twi used magic to translate our speech and this cancelled that?
Apyrr might need to carry us for a little bit.
>>
>>37219985
Oh, is this a memory of Twilight? The last time a memory like this came out of nowhere, it was when Twilight touched one of those colored cubes. I guess we're in for a ride down memory lane. Perhaps we waved at her and tried to say hello?
>>
>>37220550
>>37220720
You wave at her and try to voice the word you think means "hello", but she only continues to watch- curious, but not surprised. A visitor who knew about you, possibly, and not the first such horse you've met.
She does wave back at you, and now that she knows you won't grow a wolf's maw and eat her alive, she approaches you. Most horses make you feel like a critter in a zoo, being watched by researchers, but this is one of the ones you don't much mind that from, you're not sure why.
It helps that she doesn't try lifting your arms or shining a light into your nose or something, which you gently push away any horses from doing. No, this one just watches your hand and continues to look when you silently agree to the examination and flex your fingers for her, making wizardry gestures.
Another horse pokes into the room (This one with a rainbow mane, with a sort of bipedal reptile you've not seen before, riding her back) and as the violet horse talks to her, part of you wonders, will this be it? Will this be the one that casts a magic spell that lets you talk with them? No such thing happens, but the rainbow horse looks at you and laughs suddenly. You smile back, confusedly, as the violet horse tries and fails to hold back her own giggle, and says something you don't understand, remembers your situation, and pulls a few books out of her saddlebags that she leafs quickly through. After a minute or two she closes all of them with an annoyed curl of her lip, makes a gesture at you, and trots away with all of the books floating after her.
You consider following her, but before long she comes back with a new book and shows you a picture of a penguin on it, pointing at it and then at your clothing.
>>
>>37220806
Suit's do tend resemble penguins, fairly certain it is coincidental.
>>
>>37220806
If this is a memory that means it already happened, but if we can influence its events I suppose we should shake our head that no, we are not a penguin.
>>
>>37220806
If it's a book on general zoology or smth, there may be a picture of a monkey. Find it and show it to her.
>>
>>37221107
Return to monkey
>>
Bunp
>>
Amulen huh?
>>
>>37221020
>If this is a memory that means it already happened, but if we can influence its events
Don't worry about wether or not it's a memory, if I wanted it to just be a story segment I wouldn't leave prompts
>>
>>37223307
>>
>>37220836
>>37220836
>>37221020
>>37221107
>>37221580
You take the book from her magic and page through it quickly until you find an image of a monkey, which you point to and then to yourself. The lavander horse looks back and forth between it and you before shaking her head; No, she doesn't believe you.
The rainbow-haired horse comes back calling for violet, and she leaves with little more than a wave. After it, laying awake staring at the ceiling, you realize this one horse you miss. Those c
urious eyes still pierce at you.

>

You're carrying a box under each arm. You don't know what you're carrying them for -you really just want to help the horses do whatever it is, out of a mix of gratitude and boredom- guided by a yellow-and-green horse. The yellow-and-green horse is a teacher here and looks like an alright guy, though you're never quite sure if you annoy him or that's just how he is; A lot of things seem to annoy him, and even when sitting still with his thoughts he will often flick his tail in annoyance.

You reach ou
tside and you see what it is you're carrying the boxes for, there's a horse eve
nt and
And fire crawls up your arm and blood down your hand when somethin
And they're setting up the food now. It's then you see her again: The rainbow hair horse is flying and holding up the violet horse in the air, who uses the vintage point to organize people in the event. She notices you, and waves with a smile
>>
notices you're being pulled away, and yells your name as the creature pulls you away by your arm. The Amulen has time to swat it away with a tendril thicker than your arm, but another group of monsters attacks and it has to defend itself and Twilight.
You trash back to your legs holding your arm for a moment before you realize it's useless: Blood, after the initial flow, stopped pouring out. You can feel the holes and the scream of your nerves, but there's nothing else.
Another monster runs to you, and you kick it in the chin with a surprised cry. A small distance away, metal whines as Twilight forces the door open, breaking mechanisms that haven't moved in hundreds
(Ever since the moon cracked and light was stolen)
haven't moved in thousands of years.
Another of the monsters pounces and and in holding it's snapping jaws at bay you fall on your back, and Twilight doesn't stop -she can't stop, for if she let the door's great weight fall she'd have to lift it back up- but a dart of magic, shifting wildly between shinning gold and her own purple, strikes not the monster but you, making you feel like you put your finger in a plug. Your heart beats furiously, and your skin feels hot and the bite on your arm bleeds again, but Twilight's screams pierces through the shock:
"Anon!" She cries, and her voice thunders with the magic she's casting, each word forced out between gritted teeth and under growing physical exhaustion, "Structure and direction!"
>>
>>37226870
time to cast a spell. let's blast those monsters away
>>
>>37226870
Huh? It's the most general desription of how stuff gets done: you impose a structure on things and then you give this structure a bump start. But there's no structure to be imposed, not on this side of the door.
>>37227464
Ah, right. That kind of a structure. Worth a shot.
>>
>>37226870
Think 5 dimensional thoughts and slap the hounds.
>>
>>37227464
>>37227494
>>37228145
You push the monster away and slap with all your strength, feeling the magic bolting through your body like boiling water.
Your hand glows go
ld
The dusk glows gold and pink and whatever the horses are doing still goes on. Two bigger horses, white and blue, are talking on a stand now and sometimes pause when the crowd starts clopping their hooves on the ground.
You're satisfied with just watching sitting on one of the small grass hills that dot the university's yard. Right now, the white horse is presenting a horse kid (A foal, isn't it) to the crowd as it cheers him on. She's been presenting foals for half an hour now, and putting hats on them. Are they being welcomed into the university? You did see some classes with them.
You lose interest, and return to trying to write horse script. It feels oddly emasculating learning to write again, but better to put it out of the way soon.
The next time you look back up, the violet horse is standing in front of you. This time there's a pink horse too, who says something happily.
You can only give her a blank look.
The violet horse looks at her, then at you appraisingly, takes the pen from your hand, and puts it in your mouth with a nod.
>>
>>37228374
Be confused for a bit and them realize that she seems to want us to try writing with our mouth. It could also possible be her trying to bully us, but that probably doesn't fit with our past experiences with her.
>>
>>37228374
Wait, don't we remember learning how to write like this? And we know how to speak, too. Ask Twilight what's going on.
>>
>>37228480
>>37228663
It dazzles you for a moment, but you recall the horses do use their mouths to write and you think what the hell, let's give it a try.
et's give it a try
old
Your hand glows gold and now it's not like you put your finger in a plug, it's like you dipped the hand in battery acid but the gold light seems to not just respond to your slap, but magnify it hundredfold and the monster is launched from over you in a motion like a fantastic summersault, its rear body unable to accelerate fast enough to keep up and making the monster spin almost delicately before it impacts into and past a nearby shelf.
The shelf explodes in a shower of wood and books and glass, surrounding you with cracked boards. It barely affords you a break before there's more clicks on the floor, signaling a new wave of
(A cancer a malaise an error in the fabric of the world a pestilent growth in decaying darkness)
the monsters coming your way.
>>
>>37228970
If the gold in our hands is willing to be a tool, create (paint? Like Twilight's moustache) a sword. Or just a good heavy line/club, if the monsters don't seem to be particularly vulnerable to sharp edges. Reach the door and help Twilight.
>>
And it actually clicks. You don't have the symbols down yet and don't know what they mean either, but for the first time the shapes click a little in your head. You spend the next several minutes drawing shapes, finally understanding them (Understanding the motion of the shape) in a way that'd allow you to write them with a flick of your wrist without even thinking about it.
And the violet horse is still eyeing you write, so you point at yourself again only this time you say your name.
She points at herself, and tells you what you will later confirm is her name as an autumn leaf falls on her face
ace
The wind sweeps at you and you just close your eyes, enjoying it's cool in a hot day. The can in your hand is ice cold, a small expense you shouldn't have made and couldn't have gone without, and Gorillaz plays in the radio and your brother is whistling to its tune badly.
A guy can live like this.
"What-" She starts, surprised, and when you open your eyes there's a violet horse standing in front of you.
You look down. So does she, and she gulps when she realizes she's not standing on anything. She gives you a very "Oh, come on." kind of look before fall
lling on her face.
And the violet horse is still eyeing you write, so you point to yourself and tell her your name. She does the same, and a leaf falls on her face.
She takes it off, and when she looks at you with those curious eyes of hers a sense of dread
(Not how it happened this isn't how it happened this isn't)
drapes over you.
She puts a hoof under your chin to keep your eyes on hers, and you feel the wood of the pen crunch slightly between your teeth. The entire rest of the world falls apart.
Kuyén's eyes spin madly in their orbits as she pleads to you to go to the shelter before the interloper comes, to go to your (baby/ngen/foal/future/world/word), do you not love them? Do you not love her?
Twilight lets go of your chin and holds both sides of your head now, her eyes glowing purple and gold and spinning and staying still, the only solid and reliable thing in this madness and
and you breathe out a held breath, feeling a grade-A headache form in the back of your head and your hand burn.
"Fuck!" You yell, then say more calmly. "Fucking hell."
Apyrr
(The Amulen)
purrs in distress, but you ignore it momentarily to look at your surroundings. You're at the top of another flight of stairs, and you feel like you just went to war. Creatures yelp and bark several feet below.
"Anon?" Twilight calls you.
"I'm here." You bend, and sit down with your back to the wall before barfing out again.
Twilights does the same with an exhausted groan soon after, leaning her weight on you. Apyrr, looking the same yet somehow diminished, joins you and leans on your other side, sporting several of the same open but not bleeding wounds as your arm and feeling lighter than before.
"Infusing magic on a wood board to use it like a sword." Says Twilight. "Not bad for a first time wizard."
>>
>>37229294
Meant to quote >>37229194
>>
>>37229294
Are we ourself again?
>>
>>37229294
Where are we? Are we safe? If there's nothing but some stairs between us and the swarm, then why we aren't swarmed?
>>
>>37229294
We'll need to practice with it later.
Should've figured it was possible, considering human mages do show up in human mythologies.
Where did those things come from?

>>37229322
Seems mostly yes.
>>
>>37229294
First, we need to get to safety, then we can tell Twilight about our magical Matrix merging experience.
>>
>>37229294
>feeling lighter
Not good, we gotta refill her.
>>
>>37230529
I agree, but how?
>>
>>37230529
Apyrr a good, risk herself for our safety.
>>
>>37229322
>>37229365
>>37229378
>>37229829
>>37229829
>>37230529
>>37231164
>>37232066
You ask them what's keeping the creatures at bay, is it just the stairs? It's hard to think, there's a throb on your head.
"I let the door fall back after Apyrr pulled you..." Twilight chagrins. "...and we didn't realize your head was bumping on the steps at first."
You nod relieved and laugh to yourself, feeling just a little bit unhinged. You can't remember the board thing, only flashes, like a story of your childhood you were told so many times you could almost believe you remember it yourself.
"Well, it was dangerous, your body's not made for it. But I realized the spell was going to hit you and only had time to make it so the magic'd go /in/ you." Twilight lifts your burned hand. "Shouldn't have done it. So what happened to you? I almost couldn't pull you back out. I thought-"
You pat her head, and then Apyrr's too, trying not to dwell in how much lighter it feels now, and explain to them what you went through. Apyrr is quick to lose interest, and starts sniffling around the room. You can't see much in the dark, but there's a huge empty frame and, near it, a pane of glass.
"And these things were 'sucking the light'?"
Apyrr sneezes and mewls something. You try to explain to Twilight what it meant exactly, but it's already leaving you like a bad dream. The memories remain, but the meaning of the words is slipping away quickly. Only some remain firm.
And then the glass pane rings suddenly, and a third voice rings from it:
"Dust dust dust, always dust."
>>
>>37232871
Hello?
>>
>>37233031
"Dust dust dust, always dust."
And then, nothing.
"Hello?" You call, and there's more silence at first then singsong. Apyrr, hearing it's own sounds, perks up suddenly with a mewl.
"Who's that." comes that voice again.
>>
>>37233223
Who, me? Not dust, that's for sure.
How are you doing this thing with languages? Can you translate Amulenish for us?
>>
>>37233223
I wonder what Apyrr nicknamed us?
I feel it might be "Big" and "Small."

I feel like we should only give nicknames, at least until we can identify the voices intent. Might just be superstition.
>>
Bunp
>>
>>37233335
>>37233517
"Not... dust." Twilight tries to joke despite herself, "For sure. How are you doing that?"
More whistling and purring and mewling. Apyrr backpedals back to you, startled.
"Doing wha-?"
"Can you translate uh, Amulenish for us?" You ask.
A mewl.
"Translate it to what? Wait, us? There's more than one fo you? I thought I was the only one here!"
"So we can talk with Apyrr." Twilight says. "The Amulen."
"Aprl? What Amulen?" A pause. "So you can talk with me? Where are you?"
>>
>>37234722
Where are you?

I think they might have a bit of a tenuous grasp on what is going on. Either that or they are Sirening us.
>>
>>37234722
I can't think of a prank that would not be too cruel.
Right behind you, as per usual. Hi, Apyrr.
>>
>>37234913
Oh.
>>
>>37234722
slap her ass!
>>
>>37234836
>>37234913
>>37234949
>>37235008
"Where are..." You start, then realization dawns and you cover Twilight's mouth and Apyrr's... whole face. Just in case. "Apyrr, I think something's translating."
And the glass rings and, after just a couple seconds, more of that Apyrr-esque singsong.
Apyrr pulls down your hand and looks at you and Twilight and then answers. There's a ring and, moments later, the same thing you said is echoed back to you, making Twilight furrow her brow.
Apyrr's sing-song and a ring. "Yes. Yes, that must be it."
>>
>>37235343
Important stuff first: why is she so light, how bad things are and what we can do about it?

It may be unwise of her to keep using her own body to fend off vampires. It seems like tool-focused and magic-focused species can fight this particular fight better - or at least longer - than body-users. If the idea of using tools is not completely alien to her, convince her to use something like our board.
>>
>>37235343
Cool, we were looking for a way to translate, looks like we found something that can.

Proper introductions can be done now.
>>
>>37235416
>>37235512
>>37235008
Twilight and Apyrr trot to the source of the voices, and for a moment when they move on ahead of you, you get a sudden impulse to slap them right them and there.
It doesn't last long before worrying for Apyrr overrides it again, though, and you scratch it to aftereffects of the book.
"Anon, know how I told you general translation needs huge spells?" Twilight calls you, "I think I found one."
It's huge alright, a towering steel block covered in etchings and with open slots revealing something suspiciously similar to circuitry inside. Twilight can barely touch the top edge of it standing on her hindlegs, and after some deliberation you boost her up so she can see the top, where there's a framed glass panel twice again as tall as you are.
"The demons had translator devices." She says, "We thought it was transmiters to something, but..." her horn sparkles. "Oh wow, I could spend years studying this magic."
"Apyrr?" You call her- it to test the translator again.
Singsong, ringing, "Is that what you call me? It's so short, what's the meaning?"
"It means 'friend' where I come from. But how do you feel? You're lighter than before, and I think those things were some kind of vampire."
Twilight blurts out at that, "What?"
You show her your wounded arm, "I'm not bleeding."
"Oh jeez."
Ringing, "I'd know if they took my blood, they didn't. They weren't bleeding either when I hurt them. I just changed too much and need time to redensify." As the machine says that, Apyrr notices there's another open wound on its leg, shakes it, and the skin around it moves like shifting scales and closes the holes. "You left your wounds open, why?"
>>
>>37235908
>>37235921
Don't have manual control over it, takes a few days, some things take external tools to fix. Feel like it can be done faster with magic, but you'd need to know what you are doing.

So the lack of bleeding might just be a side effect of the nature of this place then, like how the air is?
>>
>>37235908
>>37235908
Good question. If there is a specific reason, it may have something to do with evolutionary mitigation of carcinogenesis. Or maybe paleocontact is real and we were designed to be easily controllable slaves by an alien race. Who knows.
Ask Apyrr about her past. Have the demons helped her world at its lowest point too? Was she a mage or a researcher back home?
How does Twilight think, can we talk with the translator spell itself by saying intentionally ambiguous things and having it interpret them?
>>
>>37235957
>>37236063
"We can't."
"Why?"
Neither you or Twilight are sure how to answer to that beyond repeating that you can't, and Twilight theorizes the lack of bleeding must be the same thing as the air, and you not feeling hungry. Things are still. Ergo, you're not bleeding.
"I wouldn't mind food." Apyrr whistles, "It's been weeks."
You ask her how long it (She? You have the feeling Twilight is wondering how to ask that question too.) has been here, and Apyrr is deep in thought about that for a long while.
"The first time I saw you," Apyrr starts. "You believed I knew you. I was wandering the fields by the sea wondering how I'd got there, and you even knew a couple words. You and four-leg gestured at me to wait in that house for you to be back, guarding something." Twilight starts talking, but Apyrr keeps going. "There was green fire and a hole after you'd left, but it vanished quickly and never came back. You were gone for days but I had nowhere to go, and when you came back you didn't know who I was. You never used the words again." Apyrr looks at you, and then at Twilight. "And that burned book you carry was thicker, and less burned."
"Truth is, I don't know how long I've been here, or think any of us know anymore."
>>
>>37236180
Oh god, we've been here so long and forgotten so much. Where do we even go from here? The past us with more resources couldn't get out, how can we even hope to do it now?
>>
>>37236180
Wait, is he saying our future selves met her in the past or our past selves could communicate with her?
>>
>>37236180
>the fields by the sea
That's where we woke up with a lack of memories.

I think now is the time to bring up the mustache, specifically ask if Twi had when we met Apyrr before.
>>
>>37236180
There are three kinds of time loops. Those that are a part of our own plan, those that are a part of a plan of somebody external but benevolent, and those that are just a mess. Let's deal with the first possibility: have we left a message for ourselves? What words did we know?
At least we now know that filling the book with paper is not enough for a victory.
>>
>>37236180
Smoosh your face in Apyrr's ass.
>>
>>37236180
That sounds like what presumably happened to us had already happened to you before?
Unless it is time being weird, then it might not have happened yet.

Seemed confused about being pet, short story is it's a way to show affection.
>>
Bump
>>
File: wangulen.png (393 KB, 1000x1000)
393 KB
393 KB PNG
>>
>>37241020
>Try Apyrr book
>Startled gesture hurt pony world
>Hoof body cute
>Somehow interlopers words moved photons

This word cloud is suspicious.
>>
>>37240883
>>
>>37241020
what am i seeing?
>>
>>37243874
Thread word cloud, scale relative to occurrence.
>>
Very scary bump in the night
>>
>>37236180
Boop the snake
>>
>>37236180
Puck up both of them and hug them. They snuggly. Boop bother equid shaped creatures.
So why do you choose the form of a snake or pony? Why not stick with a snake?
Have you ever heard of Yo'rumum G'hay?
>>
>>37244752
oh where can i find this function?
>>
>>37248144
https://catalog.neet.tv/harlequin.html
Copypaste the page's code into that textbox
>>
>>37236180
give Apyrr's ass another touch. What's her real name, and how do we say it in her language?
>>
>>37248350
thanks dude
>>
File: 1535885055855.jpg (337 KB, 1545x970)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
>>37236180
Well sounds like it's time to collate everything the party knows about the world we're in. Maybe we can figure out whether it's time fuckery or amnesia.
>>
>>37253844
Twi's mustache would answer those questions, but it would involve telling her she has it.
>>
Twilight didn't allow herself to think too much about that. Not yet, at least, not when there were other, urgent things to bridge out first.
Like manners.
"What's your name?"
Apyrr was frozen by the question.
"I don't like not knowing it." Twilight added.
With a turn of her head, Apyrr sang a short note. The machine rumbled for endless seconds, so Twilight added: "And are you a girl? You're a girl, aren't you?"
"The machine told me my name is too long."
"What?"
"It said it would take fourteen hours to recite my name."
"You kind talks very quickly, don't you?"
"I noticed your song is slow, yes. What's a girl?"
Now it was Twilight's turn not to know how to answer at first. "A girl. Like me. He's a guy." She pointed at Anon.
Still Apyrr needed a moment to reply. "Ah, it's a reproductive phase? Is that why you're so different?" Another small pause, then. "Is that why your body temperatures increase when you look at each other?" Yet another pause, and this time Apyrr turned to Anon. "...Is that why your body temperature increases when you look at me? You think we're in compatible phases?"

Just a small update, proper one tomorrow. Spent today on the webdevzone.
>>
>>37254381
>Is that why your body temperature increases when you look at me? You think we're in compatible phases?
uhh fuck Twilight probably isn't too happy with that. Let's say it's because she's cute, like a pet snake or something.
>phases
d-does that mean apyrr is a dude sometimes?
>>
>>37254381
So, both but not at the same time, possibly more? We are stuck with the one we are born with. We are not related, like you're Amulen, we are human and Twilight is a unicorn pony.

Maybe subconsciously, might be just that we find both of you cute, once again don't really have control over it. Also Twilight said you smell nice.
>>
>>37254381
I think Apyrr has a very long lifespan, the only reason I can think of that would require such specific naming. Also I think we cannot fully perceive their language, for that level of compression of information variances must be extremely minute.
>>
>>37254381
>explain ur hotness
Y-you too. I mean, you're horse-shaped, right? Surround me with enough horsey shapes, and you can boil water on me. There's no logic or reason about this reaction. It's just how my body works.
How do you see temperature if photons are frozen?
>>
>>37254381
Huh I wonder what biology is like on Apyrr's home world. Is it even cell based? or is it like nanomachines son
>>
think, Apyrr, think, if we knew the answers would we be asking the questions
>>
>>37237036
>time loops.

>>37235921
>"You left your wounds open, why?"
>>37254381
Phase implies shifting over time. You don't just stop being a boy or girl, most of the time.

Ok I don't know how far I have to go to explain this to you. This is my shape. It will change very slowly over time in a somewhat predictable manner, but it will never stop being this general shape. I am this shape and its related pattern, and I stop when it stops. The main change I experience is that I was very small after I was born, and grew to this size after a few years. The holes in my arm will slowly close as my body attempts to return to it's normal shape. There is some variation in how my people are born, mostly in terms of color, relative size, and some minor bone shape. However, we can all still identify ourselves as being human.

This is twilight. Twilight is not human. Twilight is a pony. Due to the usage of magic, she can sometimes change shape temporarily, but this is her shape she must return to, I think. Pony is a species. Human is a species.

Among the large lifeforms that exist back home, it is generally the case that reproducing requires one boy and one girl of a given species. A pony boy, called a stallion, and a pony girl, called a mare, would be required to form a baby pony. That all sounds simple enough, but boy and girl are generalizations we try to make across all pair-reproducing life on our planets. A boy pony isn't the same as a boy human, but we try to make a pattern and call them both boys anyway. This leads to an abstract and subjective concept of masculine and feminine which gets applied to basically everything, regardless of actual reproductive capability. Because of this, it may somewhat frustrate our language that we don't know which one to call you, but we'll make due.

So, in conclusion, always remember that you will never actually be able to define boy and girl fully, but the basic idea is simple enough if you don't look that closely. If you pay attention, you can form some of your own generalizations and maybe identify with either masculine or feminine.
why the fuck would you make me explain this stupid human shit to an alien
>heating
>compatible?
I mean, that just means I'm burning calories, or that the blood vessels near my skin are opening up. I could be using energy for any number of reasons, even just because of the extra processing required to interact socially.
But, you know what? Some portion of the time I was absolutely admiring your weird snake butt, and that has nothing to do with how compatible I think we are. Do your people only preform reproductive action for the sole purpose of procreation?
>>
>>37237036
I don't think there are any time loops here yet, actually. We may make some or deal with some, but everything looks like it can be explained linearly, at the moment.

>>37229294
>(Not how it happened this isn't how it happened this isn't)
At around this point, a seemingly inaccurate event occurred in the anon-writing section, followed by a seeming contradiction in Kuyen's motivations. I believe that this is the point where, in the real world, anon was getting his head dragged up some stairs.
>grade-A headache
>"I let the door fall back after Apyrr pulled you..." Twilight chagrins. "...and we didn't realize your head was bumping on the steps at first."

This means that, at least while the possessed unit is being physically assaulted, the visions being shown can be inaccurate. The memories can be misinterpreted and, by extension, can be incorrectly communicated without retroactively changing what really happened.

Now, there may still be some element of time travel. Specifically, there may be a reason why the bookkeeper was so insistent on finishing a set of possession books created from their own blood at the top of the tower like this. The bookkeeper was very insistent on equating the word word with the word world. This makes me think that the books, being both a world and a word, might be equal in validity to the current world in some way.

However, our current events just don't need time travel to explain.
1. demon world gets attacked
2.bookkeeper creates the book we just used
3.the giant ice creature arrives at some point
4.apyrr, twilight, and chucklefuck show up
5.apyrr gets left in a cave with something important-ish while twilight and chucklefuck wander off
6. we lose our memories
7. quest starts
>>
>>37259130
From what Apyrr said this is at least the third time this group got together.
>>
>>37235921
>I just changed too much and need time to redensify
>the lack of bleeding must be the same thing as the air, and you not feeling hungry.
Did redensification happen to Apyrr in this world before? If her "density" is a non-renewable resource, exactly how long can she last?
>>
>>37254381
>You think we're in compatible phases?
Ye
Clap her ass
>>
Bump
>>
>>37264293
>>
>>37254381
>"...Is that why your body temperature increases when you look at me? You think we're in compatible phases?"
After seeing the anthro snake, I've never wanted to fuck something so hard in my life. I LIVE FOR THE SNAKE SNUSSY.
>>
>>37266027
>>
>>37267289
snussy cloaca?
>>
>>37267967
Yes. Snussy pussy is the best since she can fit herself around a cock near perfectly.
>>
>>37267967
Most likely, but also shapeshifter.
>>
Four or five things popped up in the span of like one day again. Back when I'm back, hopefully within the week.
>>
>>37254381
I want to try whistling the series of notes Apyrr referred to themselves with when we were in the shack. To see how close we can get.
>>
>>37270022
Beep boop
>>
Bunp
>>
>>37267967
>>37268696
But what flavour would it be?
>>
>>37275276
Perfection
>>
>>37275461
Then I like
>>
>>37254381
Man what's with all these god damn monsters amerite?
>>
Bump.
>>
>>37275276
Erophic
>>
>>37275276
Bubblegum
>>
>>37282055
Vanilla-clove-wintergreen?
>>
>>37275276
grass
>>
Snake pussy best pussy
>>
I still want to introduce Apyrr and Pronker Pip to each other. Not only do I think they'd get along it'd also be an excuse to give Apyrr confections.
>>
Bump
>>
>>37290416
>>
>>37291209
Penis go into snake hole
>>
>>37291560
why not snake INTO PENIS??!!11!11!==!=!000????
>>
>>37293718
>>
>>37294665
have it crawl inside and force itself in feeling its fangs
>>
>>

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.