[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1598556634156.png (570 KB, 1366x768)
570 KB
570 KB PNG
What was the last episode you watched before dropping the show.
>>
File: 20210420_203256.png (399 KB, 1014x828)
399 KB
399 KB PNG
>"IM GOING TO HIRE HABER AND DESTROY THE SHOW"
>>
>>36948660
>you will not give lil Pony Life Dash a lil Pony Life orgasm on the bed
>>
Somewhere in the middle of season 7, I think it was Triple Threat or something. I remember losing interest like halfway through the episode and not bothering finish the episode or even keep watching the show for the next 2 years, until I decided to pick it up again. People don't give season 7 enough shit for how boring it it.
>>
I didn't drop the show because I'm not a pussy. I suffered through the later seasons like a man.
>>
>>36948660
Middle of seasons 7, I think FaM. I had been bored into the floor by seasons 5 and 6. Season 7 has been mostly less boring, but "Niot asking for trouble" "Honest apple" "a royal problem" "hard to say anything" "fluttershy leans in" "flurry of emotions" and "celestial advice" had all been... forgettable and/or fucked up in some way. After all that, the show spent an episode making ponies act worse than humans and butchering its own contradictory message in order to try to insult the audience instead of focusing on their own content, and I dropped it.

I came back and binged the rest after season 9 was out so that I could say I had finished this show that has been such a relevant topic in my life.
>>
>>36948660
The one with Pinkie and her yak instrument. At that point I realized I didn't enjoy myself anymore and was watching purely out of habit.
Although I also had a close call with s7 ep1. The forced as fuck conflict and the shitty retcon really made me question why I was still watching. Episode two pulled me back in a bit cause at least it was entertaining. But ep 1 just made me groan the whole time.
>>
File: 1598256493132.gif (2.23 MB, 656x368)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB GIF
>>36948660
literally closed my stream and didn't watch a single other episode after this scene
>>
>>36948660
Slice of Life initially, and then I came back in 2019
>>
>>36948660
No one, I like every episode of MLP:FiM, it's a really good show from season 1 to season 9. It have some bad episodes, but I watched every episode.
>>
>>36949049
This.

The only episode I legit thought sucked was the one with the warring towns with tomatoes and stuff OMG. Fuck that.
>>
>>36948660
End of season 4.
>>
>>36948660
for me it was gradual. cant remember if I watched all of season 3 but I only watched some season 4 and the season 5 opener because of the memes.

>>36949013
in a way this is the horrible ending I hoped wont happen. 5 get old and die
>>
>>36949129
>5 get old and die
You wanted 5 more Alicorn princesses, then.
>>
>>36948660
I stopped watching near the the end of Season 7.
Last year I went back and watched the rest of the season just because there were about 6 episodes left and I was bored.
>>
>>36949208
you dont need to become an alicorn for that. shouldnt the magic of friendship be enough? or just leave it out altogether. nothing is more sad than a reminder of lifes futility
>>
File: Spoiler Image (114 KB, 878x980)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>36948660
S3 Finale.
>>
>>36948660
S2 finale
>>
>>36948689
You literally can. Reality is human perception. If you believe it hard enough, it's real, at least for you.
>>
>>36948660
"The Last Problem", in some vain hope that we'd see evidence that the ponies didn't actually execute three powerless, helpless, defeated foes.

Didn't watch the clipshows after it.
>>
>>36948660
Slice of Life. I thought it was the worst cringefest of my life and dropped the show hard. By pure chance, several years later a random user on an unrelated discord server linked me a now old DWK video when I mentioned I used to watch pony. It casually got me back into it, I watched a few episodes here and there I missed that interested me or to check what the latest drama was, but mostly the magic was pretty clearly dead.
>>
>>36948677
A a a a a a a a a a rgh.
That's it, for destroying MLP and Haber you are grounded grounded grounded grounded grounded grounded grounded grounded grounded grounded grounded grounded grounded grounded grounded grounded for 3 months and 4 years and two days.
>>
I got through part of Season 8 but I can't remember anymore.
>>
Perfect Pear. I watched the whole thing and felt nothing. It was then I knew it was time to move on.
>>
>>36948660
Why isn't EQG Dash fucking them sexy ponies?
>>
>>36948660
THIGHS
>>
>>36948677
>execs genuinely thought changing the writing staff was a good idea
Terminally retarded.
>>
File: 6091944.jpg (3.31 MB, 3854x3994)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB JPG
>>36948660
>What was the last episode you watched before dropping the show.
I really couldn't tell ya, but the last one I remember watching before all that crap about lying in a coma for the better half of a decade, yeah. Pretty sure it was the one where Twilight travels in time and got dubbed Metal Gear Twi by some.
And from what I remember, that episode was ABSOLUTELY AWESOME.
I'm definitely going to save re-watching that one until the re-watch-stream throws a tantrum at the end of the year about not wanting to go anywhere close to S8&9.
Then I will watch S8&9 myself.
If you guys are any indication on how bad it all became, I am going to need my Solid Twilight right about at that time.
>>
>>36949719
>in a coma
Im sorry anon...im happy you got better. Please don't die.
>>
im trying to make it through s8+9... its not working
>>
>>36948660
Shadow Play.
There is a sprinkling of amazing episodes in seasons 6 and 7 but on the whole those seasons are not good.
>>
>>36949727
Not really 'better'. But I am enjoying life, that's what counts, right?
Seriously though, I would way rather have (You) tell me that I do not have to be that afraid of S8&9 or something.
Lying is fine, perhaps even encouraged.
I pretty much live on a lot of 'old stuff' ( so much movies & comics )
But pony is special to me, that stuff makes me smile.
Sorry for tangent, my mind tends to wander and my original thought gets lost in the sauce.
>>36949747
Not helpin'
>>
>>36948660
>dropping the show
go back
>>
>>36948660
Pony Life s2e14 is the last new episode I watched, and I've been rewatching FiM for about a month. I've never dropped Pony. Quitting the Mane 6 is for faggots. Do you think they'd quit on you?
>>
>>36950158
The ponies will carry you to Equestria on their backs
>>
>>36948660
I was wowed by the duet of Celestia and Twilight, then I saw her wings. I was shocked and disgusted. I closed the tab and immediately went to fimfiction to read old fics and try to ignore my raging impulses, now I just feel numb when thinking about it. I view the wings and all afterwards as fanfiction because what an unappealing world it became
>>
>>36948660
the season 2 finale of pony life
i hate that show but i must watch it
>>
>>36948660
the epilogue
>>
File: 284158.png (125 KB, 631x606)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>>36948660
My last episode was Wild Heart Beats, of course.
The other show is garbage after season 5, if that was your question.
>>
>>36948660
MMC
>>
File: 1517933200932.png (481 KB, 1054x774)
481 KB
481 KB PNG
>>36948660
There are still four episodes of season 10 that I wasn't strong enough to watch after the first two stomped on what was left of my soul. I keep telling myself that I will go back and pay my final respects to the mane six, but it really really hurts just imagining it.
>>
>>36948660
Slice of Life.
I consider the day that episode aired my own personal 9/11, it was that bad. I just couldn't fathom to watch a single ep after that.
>>
You guys know you are the biggest, most dramatic babies on the planet right?
>>
>>36950819
Did you go back and continue watching though? I understand not liking Slice of Life, as it is a very unique episode, but you probably shouldn't drop the show because of it. Keep in mind that it was a milestone episode and FiM is far from the only show to do offbeat episodes for specific milestones.
>>
File: 1523603706285.png (252 KB, 561x649)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>>36950830
Mourning the death of loved ones is not worthy of ridicule, anon
>>
File: 1618945078936.jpg (437 KB, 4000x4000)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
>>36950830
>>
>>36949301
Based and Goddardpilled
>>
File: 2575622.jpg (1.09 MB, 2800x2023)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>36948660
Twilight's Kingdom. Experiencing that dumpster fire of a finale and then seeing everyone on /mlp/ cream their pants over it pissed me enough to leave for 5 years.
>>
I think it was the Point of No Return, ironically enough. I spent days trying to force myself to turn on Common Ground until I just accepted that it was far too late for things to get better, and even if they did it wouldn't save anything after five seasons of fuckery.
>>
Episode 100, Slice of Life.
Yup, it made me realise there was nothing good on the horizon. And I was right.
>>
>>36948660
For me, it went in stages. I got concerned after hearing about the wings and then Magical Mystery Cure dropped. It wasn't a bad episode, and I'm not sure if season 4 was confirmed or not, but I would put that as my initial demarcation point for walking away. Princess Twilight (the first and second episode in season 4) was a big letdown for me, just felt like some of the magic was lost. I stopped watching regularly, and then I came back to watch the season finale after ignoring the entirety of season 4. Twilight's Kingdom felt like a fanfiction when I first watched it... a good fanfiction, but not the show I fell in love with. I definitively "left" after The Cutie Map, just couldn't stomach it anymore. Then I heard about "Slice of Life" and how it was just a bunch of dumb references... I felt justified and never watched again until I heard the show was ending in 2019. I regret leaving all my friends I made here behind, but I don't take back my judgements about the show. After Season 3, Episode 13, it was a different show.
>>
>>36948660
Never watched the show
>>
>>36949719
>lying in a coma for the better half of a decade
whathappen
>>
>>36948660
Memories and More
>>
>>36948660
ive seen everything pertaining to the my little pony franchise because im not a fake fucking bandwagoning nigger fan drone and im capable of holding opinions that differ from /mlp/ or what have you. the thought of dropping mlp for any reason whatsoever fills me with rage and i would physically assail any person who would do such a thing given the chance and i will make sure that you understand both our standings on the likelihood of going to equestria scale you dog. heres a hint you slack jawed caveman, it would be me standing at the top. i would be the one who would be more likely to go there. not you, you... fake brony. thats what youll always be and dont you forget it.
>>
season 6 finale
>>
Season 5 Episode 24. I was most of the way through S5, then this happened to be the newest episode when I caught up. From what I’ve heard about everything that came after, I stopped at exactly the right time.
>>
File: 2325913.jpg (974 KB, 2000x1349)
974 KB
974 KB JPG
>>36951516
Short story, bullshittery in a car which led to a large chunk of metal flying through my windshield.
long story >>36333437
I've been watching the MLP Rewatch Stream and pretty much ever since that post. I absolutely love it.
I can't watch pony or other shows on my own, which is one of my biggest issues RN.
The only borderline Brony anywhere near me is argueably more toxic than the average haber-shitposter right here.
Sad truth is, without taking away the pauze button away from me my mind would just endlessly bounce around and it would take me 6 hours per episode to get through.
Rewatch stream recently finished S5 and I am endlessly gratefull for them. Without them I wouldnt even have known what EaW or FOE even was.
>>
>>36951657
I wish I had stopped exactly there.
>>
>>36948660
Keep Calm and Flutter On. From here on watched episodes only that were interesting to me.
>>
A Canterlot Wedding
>>
File: 1613268656776.png (31 KB, 551x537)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
Who here has watched the most episodes?

I can say I have watched the whole show at least 5 times, which means I have watched more than 1000 episodes overall, probably closer to 2000. But I'm sure someone here can crack my score easily?
>>
>>36949317
Please don't bring that nightmare back. GoAnimate is dead.
>>
>>36948660
I watched all of it unless you count Pony Life. I only gave G4.5 one episode before dropping it. Despite the highs and lows, I was in G4 for too long to not know how it ends. Sunken cost fallacy and all of that I suppose.
Did I enjoy it to the end? Of course not, but if I was going to suffer through it all then it sure as hell was going to be in a livestream instead of alone.
>>
Why do so many of you have Slice of Life? I thought it was fun.
>>
>>36952015
*hate
>>
>>36949719
>>36951662
wow that sucks. my condolences. good that you didnt an hero, I would have. I hope youre having lots of fun and wont regret that you remembered mlp
>>
>>36948660
Season 3, episode 8.
>>
I remember being like some dude in the middle of the desert wanting to just get some pony for my fix and S5 was taking too fucking long to release so I gave a genuine chance to the first EqG movie.
Couldn't get past the intro, the moment the shitty pop remix of the original theme started I knew it wasn't for me.

The S5 came up and well, I couldn't get past the first episode, I wasn't watching cute mares, I wasn't watching funny mares. I was just watching a kid shows with braindead plot and nothing interesting going on apart from them being the characters a liked.

I gave it a chance again 4 months ago and I got past the first episode, but i stopped at the second episode. It was just as bad as I remembered.

That being said, I just view an episode from s1 and 2 form time to time when I remember a song or a funny scene from those episodes, my last episode I saw was Party of One yesterday. Man these mares are cute and wholesome

>>36948708
More like a retard lmao, my perceptions of these mares are untainted by the later seasons and im much happier this way
>>
>>36948660
After I stopping around season 6 a few years ago I tried to give it a go and watched a few s9 episodes. Worst hour and a half of my life. Just a regular toddler show by that point, not a single joke made me smile
>>
>>36952015
I think people hate it because to them it represents the show catering to the brony fandom rather than continuing to just be a cute but well-made show for children. It's kind of like the Derpy scene from The Last Roundup, except that it's an entire episode. At a guess I'd say the episode is generally well liked, but loved by fans-of-the-fandom types and hated by those that don't want to be reminded of the fandom at all.
>>
The movie.
>>
>>36952098
So it's mostly just autism?
I really liked Lyra and Octavia getting lines.
>>
File: hearth.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>36948660
My schedule doesn't allow me to watch the rewatch stream, so I have to typically watch the show alone, and during the later seasons it becomes more unbearable when you're on your own. I wanted to test out my new surround sound setup and continue where I left off on season five, but my temptation got the best of me and I decided to play season one for nostalgia's sake. After getting my fill I put on the episode "hearthbreakers" and I became distraught at the now noticeable changes in character and voice of pic related.
>>
>>36952383
AB? The VA can’t stay a kid forever

Why is why I’m against underages in VAing
>>
>>36952393
All three of them. when I had a direct comparison of the characters from season one play right before that episode in 5.1 audio, I was sad to hear how different they sounded.
>>
>>36948660
The one with the yaks smashing everything, whichever one that was.
>>
>>36948660
I dropped it gradually. I saw some episodes sometimes, but I think my mind was done around the movie/start of S8.
I did watched Sound of Silence and the last episodes, but those were mostly to get my fix, and mainly to give it closure.
>>
File: 1765448.png (290 KB, 736x720)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
>>36949679
Because Dash isn't a dyke, you double nigger.
>>
File: 1618191844669.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Season 5 episode 24 "the mane attraction" the one with applejack meeting lady gaga. The episode before that in which twilight and fluttershy meets hicks in the appalachians and stop their friendprofrum because of the idiot map was actually the last straw. My brother and I both were "wtf" because of that episode but a shitty episode had never stopped us before from continuing. But then when applejack met lady gaga and she did a dumb ballad we both had enough. I don't think the final two episodes had premiered yet and when they did neither of us felt like watching them. We ended up watching them seperately for the first time ever like 6 months after they premiered and after that we stopped watching. Ever since then I have watched maybe four or five sporadic episodes that were either important for reasons (mainly for parents) or that you guys collectively thought were good. but the parent episodes sucked ass and everything with student 6 and the phrendphirb school too. starshit flimmer should have sucked a lemon forever since she was introduced. can't believe people are proud of having wasted their time on complete and utter slog.
>>
>>36952609
>meeting lady gaga.
Retard
>>
>>36952609
>applejack meeting lady gaga
>>
File: 1616378265567.jpg (16 KB, 268x274)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Never really dropped it, just lost interest for a few years after either S4 or 5, I dont remember.
When I came back I watched the whole show and liked every season except 9
>>
>>36951662
Damn that sucks. Glad you recovered though.
>>
>>36952015
Because it had no substance beyond fandom memes. If you just watched on your own without interacting with the fandom it would just be a schizophrenic mess.
>>
File: 2447345.gif (1.07 MB, 280x280)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB GIF
>>36952022
Thanks for your condolence. However.
>good that you didnt an hero, I would have.
I think I would need to feel sorry for you instead then.
Life has a lot of ups and downs.
Sometimes it might not even be clear whether something that is staring at you right in the face is something to be celebrated or not.
Example in picture right here.
I think those things combined with the ups would make life worth living. I could give more examples, but I would rather sing a certain song.
> "Chin Up! Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash. You've got to set your sights and hopes on setting not to crash.
In a way I think I am just too optimistic or realistic to ever come close to truely understand those who go so far as to decide to become an hero.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.