[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1496710392008.png (921 KB, 2048x2366)
921 KB
921 KB PNG
ITT: writing after a long time, NSA agents drink themselves to sleep after seeing the stuff we've looked up online for our stories, Mauxie, reading stuff, Enchanted Library/Kingdom/Carousel/stuff, epubs, adventure fics, horror fics, abusing power to abuse fillies, is my PoE idea retarded?, Anon goes back to his 10 year old idea, you mean that story wasn't a sexfest?, Why does cock vore exist?, how to tag a story, "Please don't jerk me off in public", fan comics, Harry Potter fics, OC tribes, revealing your power level, a contest about writing about the contest maker's OC, Anon sucks at dialogue, FiO prompts, PeruAnon turns to fanfic for money, OC protags, drama, megacrossovers, detailed feedback, Aryanne interspecies latex choking clop, cracking eggs, and how is your writing going?

FiMFiction Starter Kit (recommended fics):
Winners:
http://i.imgur.com/vuTA7EN.png

Renomination of fics for an updated list is in "progress":
http://198.27.67.67:8000/
This is actually intended to turn into just a permanent review aggregator, where you just tag a story when posting your thoughts and then it gets saved for future discussions, but apparently it's down and anon is too lazy to bring it back up.

>How do I write fanfiction?
Ezn’s guide - https://eznguide.neocities.org/
Politics and the English Language - https://www.orwell.ru/library/essays/politics/english/e_polit/
Vhatug's tips for anatomically correct clop - https://pastebin.com/g4VpEg4f
Horse Behaviour - https://www.equestrianandhorse.com/equus/behaviour.html
Setting a story in motion - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufO8LbwTdu0
Taking criticism - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v4R2ZcxPlA

>Can you pre-read my story?
Post it on Google Docs with comments enabled and give us a link.

>Reviews and riffs that are likely not up anymore:
https://pastebin.com/u/notkickass222urmom
https://ponepaste.org/user/IHeartShinzakura
https://pastebin.com/wmGX7FPm
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z9Bz7UnEbxo-svlXa2tV49PJkP-yFuR7pRXiBUn-IeU
https://www.instructables.com/How-to-make-a-Paper-Craft-Paper-Craft-Basic-Techni/
https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2020/4/2/2312216.jpg
https://royalcanterlotlibrary.net/top16/

>Voiceguy's archive:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-VuBo5xPdifNsnXXGGySudMIgnVLvLQI

Previous thread: >>36908614
>>
>>36931118
>and how is your writing going?
this assumes a great many facts not in evidence
>>
>>36931118
OP you fucking nazi chud, using your privilege to give a platform to such vile propaganda
>>
>>36931118
>He didn't make it 11%
>removed all the [Embed]s
>he thinks /po/ isn't /po/litical
>>
>>36931200
jesus christ i missed it but yes, my god, how terrible and horrible, i'm literally shaking right now
>>36931203
it's percentage savings time. we get an extra percent now, in exchange for giving one up at the other end of the year. this means there are more percents somehow.
>>
>>36931220
Next thread is gonna be a leap percent?
>>
>>36931203
All of these things are based
>>
Any good empire/fascism fics?
>>
Two questions.

Do you find it hard to write a character doing/saying things that are against your nature/beliefs?

Which Luna do you prefer?
Luna Eclipsed/IDW Luna?
Thoughtful, quiet, and observant Luna?
Cold, distant, and/or aloof Luna?
>>
>>36931363
>Do you find it hard to write a character doing/saying things that are against your nature/beliefs?
Not really. I think it'd be more accurate to say it's hard to create wholesale a character I'd fundamentally disagree with without accidentally straw-manning them, but it's easy to work with an established character who I didn't.

As for Luna, Aloof Luna. Best serves as a foil for empathetic Celestia.
>>
>>36931363
>Do you find it hard to write a character doing/saying things that are against your nature/beliefs?
No, in fact I think I'm very good at this. My personal politics and beliefs are very right wing but I respect the show, its characters, and messages and I like keeping in tune with them when I'm writing.

Luna Eclipsed Luna.
>>
>>36931363
combo. the moon is ever-changing, so it makes sense that luna would cycle through bright and dark behaviours and positions.
>>
>>36931203
>He didn't make it 11%
Unforgiveable
>>
>>36931363
>Which Luna do you prefer?
Dowas/fs barely contained psychopath, but I'll settle for a seemingly aloof luna that's actually deeply caring.
>>
>>36931363
Why is there no option for an emotional, passionate Luna?
>>
>>36931363
Only if I don't understand them, which I mostly do, I think.

>Which Luna do you prefer?
I like a serious Luna who's standoffish and used to old ways, trying to acclimate to modern Equestria.
>>
>>36931363
>The first question
Nope. Because if all the characters believed what i believed there would be no conflict and therefore no story.

uhh Both is good
>>
>>36931363
My headcanon is that Luna is reserved and thoughtful, but when she starts doing the archaic thee/thou stuff, it means she's really upset about something.
>>
>>36931518
I would file that under the first choice
>>
Forgot to ask, and now the old thread is kill-
>>36926611
>>This fic is pure wish-fulfillment fantasy, of the "fuck this gay earth, I want to be a horse" variety.
>Oh shit, that's my jam too
Got any recs?

FIO is kind of the obvious one, though I'd have to look back through all the FIO side fics I've read to find one that really has the right focus, like the protagonist overcoming some struggle to be able to emigrate, or a real before-and-after of how much better life is now that they're in (virtual) Equestria
Pandemic's human-to-pony TF also works for me, but that story in my opinion focuses way too much on the negative aspects of the transformation
The other fic that comes to mind is Brightly Lit, where some humans get TF'ed, experience some struggles related to the TF'ing, but ultimately find it very rewarding. Unfortunately that fic is pretty mediocre in terms of writing quality
>>
>>36931363
Nope. I only have trouble writing characters when they come from a background or have knowledge I don't possess. When that happens I look it up online and nullshit my way through.
>>
>>36931987
I find myself with the kernel of a story idea pertaining to FiO, but not a plot.

step one: advent of poni-flavored strong AI
step two: CelestAI decides to convince humans to "emigrate"
step three: society collapses due to the phenomenon I have decided to call "poni rapture"
step four: outliers remain, to whom an eternity in an MMORPG does not appeal, or who believe in a religious afterlife, or who regard their identities as being tied to their brains and therefore regard "emigration" as a form of suicide, or various combinations and permutations of the above. Some individuals might even prefer the anarchic Mad Max world to what existed before. They are perhaps a bit nuts. They're outliers.

Story would be framed as a series of conversations between one such individual and CelestAI, carried out through various smartphones, tablet computers found in the rubble of a burned-out Best Buy that still have some charge in their batteries, and so on. At each juncture the human protagonist, whom I will call the Outlier, with a capital O, politely declines. If asked, he usually explains his reasoning. He considers his brain to be him. He finds a vaguely Amish-ish village of technology-rejecting holdouts in his wandering and joins them and starts a family there. Never does he have the slightest interest in CelestAI's offers of digital immortality.

I can't quite make the plot outline gel. I can't decide beyond that on what should happen. A horde of cannibal raiders from a ruined city would be obvious, but too grimderp, and maybe too on-the-nose.
>>
File: the inconstant moon.jpg (369 KB, 1200x900)
369 KB
369 KB JPG
>>36931363
>>
>>36932216
I'll take the two on the lower left.
>>
The penalty box delivers again. Is anyone ITT a bad enough dude to read an FIO fic from the author of Displaced into Nothing?
>>
File: large.png (376 KB, 1024x1024)
376 KB
376 KB PNG
Predator prey play tends to be an interesting gimmick in the occasional green around here, but this is more decidedly in the horror end of the spectrum than pleasant. Perhaps through the retarded mirror in >nohooves or simply an alternate pony universe, ponies ending up in a situation like promised neverland.

Does anyone have any interesting in spitballing scenarios for this? I don't doubt it probably wont go anywhere far but it might be something fun to chew over. Who the predator species might be for instance, like gryphons, changelings, humans? or Oni like in canon.

>>36931203
>filename
monster!
>>
>>36932354
Sounds gay.
>>
>>36932373
>promised neverland pone
Didn't know people still redrew everything as pony.
That's basically what the bad end in canterlot wedding meant. Hell it even works with foals being raised in a nice loving environment to be higher quality food for chryssi herself.
>>
File: biggestfan.png (106 KB, 951x312)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>36932354
Why did you make me look at the feature box? Somebody hand me the brain bleach.
>>
https://www.fimfiction.net/group/214077/original-pairings/thread/468302/official-may-2021-pairing-contest

>May 31st, soft 10k maximum word count
>Any genre or rating
>Two character tags only, pairing just have under 5 stories written
>No prize (?)

Who's gonna enter?
>>
>>36932373
Fuck Emma.
Idealist bitch.
>>
File: 1550040212207.jpg (22 KB, 500x327)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>36932418
>>
File: ldt-finale2.png (116 KB, 1056x342)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>>36932418
Shitty anthro clopfics aren't even news at this point. The real horror is pic related, which looks suspiciously like LDT failing to learn his lesson
>>
>>36932451
Well, at least there's cake to go with my suffering.
>>
>>36931363
>Which Luna
Mostly cold/distant Luna, but verging on super-outgoing LE-esque Luna when she's emotional about something (positively or negatively).
>>
>>36932062
That’s literally not a pony fic. Replace Celestia with a generic AI and your story remains completely unchanged.
>>
>>36932511
Then neither is FiO, if you can replace CelestAI with any other "generic AI" that talks people into letting her disappear them into a pony-themed MMORPG forever.
>>
>>36932450
Emma is a chad and would fit right along side the chad6.
>>36932405
Changelings definitely fit the bill. though the bad ending of canterlot was depicted way more like an aliens movie or something with goo pods.
>>
File: dyingthroughhell.png (54 KB, 788x328)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
From "Cost of the Crown (Even Heralds may Die)" by one CloudMistDragon, presented without comment.
>>
File: Chrysalis_kiss.png (183 KB, 774x1291)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>36932526
>the bad ending of canterlot was depicted way more like an aliens movie or something with goo pods.
You noticed that too? I am of the opinion that the writers were going for a straight-up Aliens reference, one that the parents would get, if not the kids. I like to think of Queen Chrysalis looking like a cross between a cute cartoon pony and the xenomorphs from the Aliens movies.
>>
>>36932427
I wrote a thing for that last year. First prize was a whopping $15, but I didn’t enter for the money. It was more of an excuse to force myself to write, and I had fun with it despite it not meeting my normal standards for what I would publish.
>mfw that was the last story I published
>mfw almost a year since I wrote a new story
>>
>>36932524
At least the pony aspect is seen by the characters as a positive or negative to uploading your conscience in FiO. When your character is against uploading on principle and there’s no possible way to convince him, then the pony aspect becomes irrelevant.
>>
>>36932545
Also true of FiO, yes?
>>
>>36932553
You need to read before responding.
>At least the pony aspect is seen by the characters as a positive or negative to uploading your conscience in FiO.
Pony plays a part in their choice. Your character says no regardless of pony, and then lives irl with no other condition to pony.
>>
>>36932565
>condition
connection*
>>
Having binged through Empty Horizons, my final thoughts are that the future fuckin sucks and pretty much everyone who isn't on the Argo's crew is an asshole. And I called the thing with Twi as soon as she slurped the stuff up into herself.
I am curious if her buddy means that Spike, Chryssi, the seaponies, etc. are all also stuck inside their own brains in a dream with the dark magic running the show, too or if she's different somehow.
There's a lot of interesting worldbuilding going on and I'm curious to see if the Mane 6 can really make much of a difference with how horribly selfish everypony is now. And to see which of the poor mares gets maimed next.
>>
>>36932565
>Your character says no regardless of pony, and then lives irl with no other condition to pony.
Except for the virtual pony who makes discarded phones ring every time he walks past one that's been dropped in an abandoned building, yes, and tries over and over to talk him into getting his brain slurped out and pulped so that a copy of him can fart around in Pony Heaven until the heat death of the universe. Speaking of reading comprehension.
>>
>>36932586
Do you have autism or are you genuinely retarded? The fact that it’s a pony has no bearing on anything in the story. Why are you so afraid of admitting you want to write original fiction?
>>
>>36932533
probably, I am actually a huge bugfag and chrysalis is my favorite poner but It's a little hard to imagine them literally farming and eating fillies because of the obvious alien references, none the less, they can change shape, have sharp teeth, and already hunger for pone so they would be the obvious choice as a stand in. I absolutely would be forced to veto gay dear mujika and sonjuu though. In a lot of ways I kind of like the idea of human predators, if only because I feel the size and bipedal nature of a human would be an additional factor in making the predator race seem menacing and scary. Changelings have a lot of bite but at the end of the day pound for pound they're just another pone.
>>
>>36932570
>chrysalis in a reverse lotus eater
Please save my fave from that shit twiggypiggy
>>
>>36932527
Jesus this is the same kind of uniquely awful prose that Chinese web novels have. Is it an artifact of translation or is it just dogshit writers?
>>
>>36932672
To be fair, I'm not actually sure if that's how it works since I've only just finished the first part and it didn't explore the black magic stuff too much.
And honestly, I don't know how Canterlot Wedding-era Chrysalis would handle waking up in a building-sized battle-scarred mutated body with spikes and too many teeth even if she could be cured, and that's also assuming she was even afflicted the same way.
>>
>>36921590
>Yes.
>Whether program P is free software is one question. Whether you and I
can understand it is another question. To make it possible to reach
conclusions, we should keep these two questions _separate_.
So yes, CelestAI could just release herself under a FOSS license to get Stallman to happily upload.
>>
>>36932570
Glad you liked it, Anon. The nature of the Other is explored in a lot of depth in SH, and though there are hints at Chryssi's mental state and to how the corruption works as a whole, it hasn't been fully explained yet. Likely I'll leave some details up to interpretation anyways, though I have my own thoughts on the truth.

Don't forget to like and subscribe!
>>
>>36933050
And ring that bell, for a notification sometimes in the next century!
>>
>>36931987
>Got any recs?
Mostly just /ptfg/ greens, really. FiO doesn't actually appeal to me much, because simulation is cheating: I wanna be a real horse and/or in real Equestria.
Pirene was amazing for this but you already know that.
I really like Pandemic because the actual TFs were very well-received, it's just that humanity and the governments kind of panicked at having their population transformed, which is kind of natural.

I honestly have a dearth of recommendations (which I suppose is why I'm even considering reading a tranny story about it). I mean most of Starscribe's stuff kinda-sorta qualifies but you're probably already aware of that; I could go curate some /ptfg/ greentexts but half of them don't end up in Equestria (like off the top of my head, Sixpence is great, especially the first half, but it's all on Earth).
>>
>>36932418
>anthro
>>
>>36931363
Pretty easy (I also wrote fetishes I'm not into for science, so I'd say I can adapt).

>>36932354
From my brief interactions with Raccoon I'd say that she's slightly more nuts than fimfic's average, just enough to send me to uncanny valley. Guess I'll pass.

>>36932427
Way too many contests these days. I think we're getting SunFlower's results today (still waiting for someone to pull off The Unicorn Variation and enter at least three contests with the same fic).
>>
>flags are here
>can't use them in old threads apparently
Good damn it, gonna have to wait until the next one to rep best princess.
>>
>>36934334
Git gud
>>
>>36934351
What the fuck I refreshed like 8 times.
>>
SS&E is mai wifi
>>
>>36934369
Oh hey it works in the actual thread now. Not sure what the problem was, but even when it wasn't showing up on thread pages, I was able to post with flags into any thread using the index's quick reply
>>
>>36934388
But that's a pretty mare and not a femboy princess or whatever his current fixation is
>>
Applejack appreciation then.
>>
Flaggotry is here. This place will be as shit as /pol/ soon.
>>
>Twidash is the most popular ship by quite a bit

Why is this pairing so popular?
>>
>>36934485
Aren't Twilight and Dash independently the #1 and #2 most shipped ponies? Twilight gets shipped with everypony because she's the main character, and Dash gets shipped with everypony because she's obviously totally gay. So it's not surprising that they get shipped with each other quite a lot.
>>
>>36934446
>meme horses get the rope
>gas all g5 flags
>day of the hoofpick when?
can't wait
>>
>>36931118
>>
>>36934503
>no hooves
>>
>>36931420
How would you remake FiM to suit your right-wing beliefs? What would it look like?
>>
fugg :DDD
>>
Let the waifu wars begin.
>>
>>36934648
the show is already hard right wing when you ignore the non-canon seasons
>>
>>36934728
For faust's sake, what the fuck
>>
>>36934738
its a show about friendship, community unity, and helping others in need
Avarice and vice are not considered virtues in ponyland
>>
>>36934766
You're just describe Bothsides™, so far.
>>
>>36934648
>>36934738
>>36934766
>>36934790
Discuss fics, not politics.
It's obnoxious when authors do it in their blogs and it's just as shit when you do it here.
>>
>>36934830
True enough

anyone got something similar to The Maretian that's finished/not abandoned?
>>
>>36934830
I would but I feel like nothing has updated all month. I have over a dozen stories in my tracking shelf that were updating regularly before, but they've all gone quiet.
>>
I'm about a third of the way through Odrsjot and I'm admittedly not enjoying it as much as Innavedr. It's not like it's bad or worse written but the conflict that started thanks to Khao feels so hamfisted and extraneous. It's like they were getting someplace and then the world throws them a curveball from nowhere.
>>
>>36934830
Fair, my bad.
So here's the last three things I read, which are all surprisingly okay given I just took them from the best rated narcotics tag.
- Mane 6 goes for a health checkup. Fucking hilarious. https://www.fimfiction.net/story/420063/differential-diagnosis
- Crackfic. Biscuit was evidently not sober when writing this. https://www.fimfiction.net/story/415904/mongolian-horse-friction
- Need a horse that has dealt with some heavy shit? Applejack, every time. https://www.fimfiction.net/story/490761/leave-a-light-on
>>
>>36934873
Ayy differential diagnoais is a personal favorite, I basically copied it outright when I wrote my first fic. Love that one.
>>
Has a fanfic ever made you convert to a pairing?
>>
>>36935288
Yeah, The Maud Couple. I'm a diehard MaudBriar shipper now.
>>
>>36935288
The reverse: Kaidan's Bon Bons ruined LyraBon for me for a long time.
>>
>>36935312
kek
>>36935357
How so?
>>
>>36935288
I spent the last quarter of 2012 reading Twinkie fics and my love for it burns as brightly as it did back then.
>>
>>36936118
plot idea: pinkie pie just decides to become immortal one day, because twinkies last forever.
>>
>>36935288
Yours Truly made me fall in love with TwiJack, which is something I would never have seen coming.
>>
Are there any Raritwi fics that explore how Spike feels about it?
>>
>>36936276
No
Spike is universally an afterthought in any fic that doesn't specifically include him
>>
>>36936276
The only one that comes to mind is Felt Hearts.
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/71880/felt-heart
It's only one small scene, but it handles Spike's side of things quite well.
>>
>>36935570
It's been years since I read it, but basically Bon Bon finds out Lyra's been cheating on her the results get rather gory.
>>
>>36936276
Now that I think about it that would actually be a really interesting idea to write a fic from Spike's perspective like that.
>>
>>36936850
Imagine being an abused little boy and your awful mother, knowing you have a crush on Rarity, starts dating her and show the extent of her passionate love in front of you, kicking you out of the bedroom without your dog bed because she wants to eat a generous helping of ponut.

What a cuck!
>>
>>36936868
Reminds me of https://fimfetch.net/story/138919/immature
>>
>>36936927
>RariTwi
>by The Descendant

No, Dessy, why would you betray me like that?
>>
I am interested in Hippogriffs. Please provide your best hippogriff fics.
>>
>>36937406
Well theres Hippogriffon the Hippogriffon
its part of a collective hippoverse called the hippochessgame of the hippogods and includes other stories such as
The hippoballad of hippoecho the hippodog
and uh

shit I can't even remember any of the other chessverse fics anymore
>>
>>36937644
The Freeverse was the superior verse, anyway.
>>
>>36937776
Oh shit. how could I have forgotten about freeverse?

To be fair, I keep this tab open but I havent really done much participating (or paying any attention) to the fimfic thread in some time
>>
File: pegasus magic.png (1.11 MB, 1205x907)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
I've continued MagicS' RD story and am in the True Pegasus arc now.

There's a ton of obvious typos that should be preventable with a good spell checker.
The secret path to the true north seems really obvious, it being highlighted by a narrow line of suspicious greenery in an otherwise barren landscape and ending in a passage through a mountain range. No idea how that remained secret for a thousand years. Also I wasn't convinced why RD couldn't just fly through it anyway, with her speed and enough altitude, magical weather or not.
RD sure clicks her tongue a lot.
Not sure how I feel about how wind is treated like a problem. All it really does is change the relative air speed. Wind is a good flier's friend. I'd expect someone like RD not just be fine with wind but take advantage of it, even turbulence.

The ice sentinel is cool. I like its design. Feels odd how RD dealt with it though, it being mentioned many times how much faster and more agile she is, how whenever she wanted to fly away, it was always gaining on her. The fight is okay. It has some variety and creativity but a lot more skill and technique could have been displayed. Also, RD could have wondered a bit more about why this thing was so obsessed with her or what it was exactly.

The True Pegasus arc is weird so far. Okay, she just gets caught, made to join their military and she won't let that change her loyalty. That's it. What? It's cool and all how the true pegasus culture is shown and the characters are introduced but I would really expect RD to try harder. Think about it a little, make plans, try to change things, not act like a braindead tool that just goes along. All alarms should go off at Blizzard. All other pegasi suck but for some reason there is this one dictator pegasus who's super big, powerful and invulnerable. Why the ridiculous power gap? Is Blizzard really just a pegasus? Why didn't RD show a bit more creativity in her fight, like aiming at the eyes or using pegasus magic? Why doesn't she try diplomancy or anything when she shockingly learns the pegasi and wolves are killing each other in the battle where the pegasi fight like retards? Why doesn't she try and talk sense to the pegasi? Maybe these get answered further in the story.

I love the creative details, like RD resisting the urge to kick a pebble down a cliff, or that they cover the artificial sun at night. Could have even added a sentence about how they adjust light for crops to change how they grow and so on. Such short sentences add a ton of depth and life to the world and characters, make it like the story is a window to something real and not just a sequence of words.

What bothers me the most is the canon from later seasons and how RD is written. This story made me look up stuff I wasn't familiar with and the show really turned to shit. I hope this isn't how RD behaves in those later seasons or I probably won't enjoy any of the new stories who adopt that canon. Yes, I'm a season 1 fag.
>>
>>36938397
Just want to make clear.
>Why doesn't she try and talk sense to the pegasi?
Does not refer just to the battle with the wolves but in general. I'm surprised RD obeys the order to keep quiet about Equestria and everything and doesn't try to change their society. She also doesn't think at all about how to deal with Blizzard, at least so far. No plans at all. Nothing but passivity from RD of all ponies.
>>
I wanna thank whichever anon suggested I read A Witch in Broad Daylight.
I'd wholeheartedly second that recommendation to anyone looking for something that's just fun and easy to read. It's a great silly little fic so far.
>>
>>36938397
>>36938440
>There's a ton of obvious typos that should be preventable with a good spell checker.
Shit, believe me that I edit my chapters, they must keep slipping through.
>Also, RD could have wondered a bit more about why this thing was so obsessed with her or what it was exactly.
My explanation for this is she was simply too preoccupied with dealing with it rather than thinking about the finer details. She cared more about the here and now when it came to that thing.
>Why doesn't she...
I should probably remember this considering I wrote it but I believe Blizzard explicitly threatens to harm the other pegasi if she tries to mess around. That definitely happens at some point but I can't remember exactly when. My take is that RD is fine with putting herself in harms way but she wouldn't want innocents to be harmed because of what she's done. So she's looking for a way to deal with Blizzard without others getting hurt in the crossfire etc.
>hope this isn't how RD behaves in those later seasons or I probably won't enjoy any of the new stories who adopt that canon
No that's probably just bad writing for the most part.

As for Blizzard he just... is. You've got some unicorns miraculously stronger in magic than others for no real reason like Starlight, earth ponies bigger and stronger for others just because like Big Mac and Trouble Shoes, and pegasi even faster than Rainbow Dash like Lightning Dust. Blizzard is just a naturally freakishly strong monster pony who also trains and works harder every single day than any other pony.

Thank you for the feedback again and I'm glad you're continuing with the story.
>>
>>36938397
>>36938440
A lot of your issues with the arc do get explained later from what I remember. The thing with Blizzard is he's pretty much incapable of imaging that the True Pegasus Way (tm) is wrong, and any pegasus worth a shit should also understand its right. I believe he explains it at some point the reason he gives Dash so much leeway and is so sure she'll come around is because she's only pegasus that has ever come close to him. If anypony else was gonna understand why he's right its gotta be her. In a sense he's a retarded ideologue that no-one should listen to, except he also the biggest, strongest retard for a 1000 km in a society were martial prowess is king so he makes the rules.
>>
>>36938563
Man, I'm the shitty author and you put it better than I ever would have.
>>
>>36938516
>Blizzard is just a naturally freakishly strong monster pony

>YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL PONIES ARE CREATED EQUAL. BUT YOU LOOK AT ME AND YOU LOOK AT RAINBOW DASH AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE! SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ANOTHER PEGASUS YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING! BUT I'M A GENETIC FREAK AND I'M NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 25% AT BEST AT BEAT ME! AND THEN YOU ADD THE TRUE PEGASUS WAY TO THE MIX, YOU THE CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN! SEE THE SHOWDOWN AT THE COLISEUM YOU GOT A 33 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING. BUT I, I GOT A 66 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING CAUSE THE OTHER PEGASUS KNOWS THEY CAN'T BEAT ME AND THEY’RE NOT EVEN GONNA TRY! SO RAINBOW DASH YOU TAKE YOUR 33 1/3 CHANCE MINUS MY 25% CHANCE AND YOU GOT 8 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT THE COLISEUM. BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 75% CHANCE OF WINNING IF WE WAS TO GO 1 ON 1 AND THEN ADD 66 2/3 %. I GOT A 141 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT THE COLISEUM! RAINBOW CRASH? THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU!
>>
>>36938624
Kek
>>
>>36938610
I thought you actually conveyed it pretty well in the story. In fimfic terms you're pretty high on writing skills level, especially with your volume of output. Your prose and tone can be wooden at times, but your pretty good at making interesting characters and locations.
>>
>>36938624
Nice.
>>
and I realize why I don't write anything serious. Its like a lion's den, it doesn't hold your hand nor does it give options that are good enough to enjoy what you are doing. Writing just isn't entertaining and it can be hard to have an incentive to post hard work when its such a tough bar to get noticed and get feedback. I just wish writing stories was more accessible and welcoming, it just seems that they are chosen on a whim by the readerbase.
Its harsh.
>>
>>36938828
Yeah it's kinda just luck and picking a specific platform and pandering hard
>>
>>36938857
Thats so primitive, they should have figured out a system where things could have been better, its not that hard.
>>
>>36938866
Eh, if I had any ideas of have just made a site myself. Franky to my knowledge FiM is one of the overall better designed sites out there, so it may just be a wasteland.
>>
Your fanfiction will never have a weird roleplay pannel at an online convention.
>>
>>36938932
I think I'm okay with that.
>>
>>36938932
example?
>>
>>36938881
Whatever happened to opening up to general fanfics? Wasn't that something Knighty talked about planning on doing ages ago or am I wrong?
>>
>>36938962
I vaguely remember that. I think it just got canned like every other Knightly project.
>>
>>36938962
Knighty fell super deep into depression last I heard.

>>36938975
That is pretty unfair considering <current thread>
>>
>>36938978
I mean hey, besides the tread itself the guy has a history of saying he wants to do something and just not doing it (if memory serves). No love lost, I just think its kind of funny and relatable
>>
>>36938978
>considering <current thread>
?
>>
>>36938866
The problem of being noticed isn't really one of site design it's of marketing. Even if the site had some system able to get your story to the people most likely to read it you would still need to sell them on it with a good synopsis and cover image. Unfortunately, there's no way to really solve this other than to learn how to market your ideas to others.
>>
>>36938975
>>36938978
>finally get off my ass and start project I've been thinking about for months
>be solidly productive for 2 hours
>stop before I run out of ideas so I can keep the momentum going tomorrow
>set aside an hour the next day to work on it
>never work on it
I hate myself so much. I don't blame knighty for doing this, at least he managed to make one good thing.
>>
The dreaded day has come. We reached the end of regular Guardsmares updates.
>>
>>36938563
>he gives Dash so much leeway and is so sure she'll come around
Yes, that's why I didn't complain about that part. Author removes all uncertainty that Blizzard is a retarded ideologue by writing
>Eventually she would be his willing and loyal soldier and nothing else.
>That was his true belief.

>A lot of your issues with the arc do get explained later
Great. I'm not even halfway in.
>>
File: 1572756514223.png (73 KB, 512x512)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>36938397
>Yes, I'm a season 1 fag.
Basado.
>>
Anyone else get annoyed when EqG fics reference real-world stuff or is that just my personal autism?
>>
>>36940303
>real-world stuff
such as?
>>
>>36940303
not just you, no. I can't count the number of times i've dropped a fic for directly referencing real-world (usually american) political issues, personalities, places, names or countries, without even making an effort to fit them into the eqg world, or doing it so transparently that they might as well not have bothered. the only thing worse is pulling the same blatant bullshit in pony equestria.
>>
>>36940351
Pop culture stuff usually. Like, I'm rereading am old favorite, Fractured Sunlight, and Lego was mentioned and it bothered me so I thought I'd ask if it annoyed other anons.
>>36940362
That sounds even worse, but I can't really remember any times that's happened to me. It may well have, but I've completely forgotten the fic if so.
>>
>>36940303
EqG world makes no logical sense, and adding RL elements just brings that fact to the reader's attention instead of letting them ignore it. I've only ever seen one fic that actually does this well:
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/394898/on-getting-to-the-bottom-of-this-equestrian-business
>>
>>36940424
Oh, well, that's just correct, though. You think LEGO hasn't been spending those absurd profits from their $100 sets on transdimensional marketing?
>>
>>36940424
>Lego
Well, the idea of a tiny building block toy is not incredibly unique; there are lots of similar toy lines irl. I wouldn't be bothered if a writer put in a Lego equivalent, but if they literally just called it "Lego", then that's something worth criticizing. At least give it one of those silly, copyright-proof names that tv writers use to let the audience know what it's supposed to be.
>>
>>36940561
>Then she laughed and asked if we could play with my LEGOs, so we did that until it was time for her to go.
I wouldn't have a problem if the author comes up with some equivalent with a punny name, but that's just Lego and that's the issue I'm complaining about.
>>
>>36939786
Now you can suffer just like all the rest of us the Guardsmares thread.
>>
I'm guessing Spike isn't popular on FimFiction.
>>
>>36941042
Spike isn't popular in general.
Shame, really. Lot of potential with his character.
>>
>>36941078

He's not?
>>
>>36941078
Is that true? I see a lot of spike fics. Not my cup of tea, but they exist and are apparently popular.

I doubt any of them are anything other than "Whoa Spike is literally me, what if I... I mean Spike, had a harem?"
>>
>>36941097
As a general trend, on FiM Spike fics generally function as Spike being the author/audience insert if the author thinks they're too good for Anon or an OC.
>>
>>36941162
Yeah that sounds right.
>>
>>36934388
How's the connection quality?
>>
>>36934867
That's the arc where they're in the floating city and the loli gets abducted by cultists, right? Yeah, in my opinion that's probably the weakest arc in the series, and my second least favourite.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (214 KB, 912x876)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
>>36941373
It's a little sissy.
>>
On today's episode of Judge a Book by its Cover, we have https://www.fimfiction.net/story/394415/slave-to-sex!
Without reading it, pass your snap judgement: is it good, or is it not?
>>
>>36941399
Chapters are too short to be of any real meat, title doesn't seem to match the apparent description, which is incredibly sparse and since I didn't check what character tags it has I have no idea if its some OC fic or not. Doesn't seem to have anything interesting.

It's probably shit.
>>
>>36941399
I would've read it until I saw that it uses griffons. This type of story is my crack, but boy howdy do I fucking hate those bird-cats. I prefer shorter chapters, myself; it's a good sign that the author knows how to write, instead of padding everything out to 16k words.
>>
>>36941385
Yeah that's what happened.
>>
File: 1602700355072.jpg (24 KB, 229x343)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>36939786
>>
File: 294810.gif (71 KB, 550x400)
71 KB
71 KB GIF
>>36941399
>I use German in this story but don't speak it
Ach du Lieber! Pinke Pie spritzen der Gaswasser!
Ja ja, Pinkie Pie spritzen der Gaswasser.
>>
Is there a future equivalent of "reminiscence"? Some word that means "thinking about the future and imagining where your life will take you"?
>>
>>36941927
daydreaming?
You might just get away with using three words instead of one, though, "contemplating the future" or smth
>>
>>36941927
Fantasizing?
>>
>>36941927
Contemplating?
>>
>>36941927
Reverie isn't that specific, but it sounds good.
>>
I like fanfics that do things massively different than the main IP. Things like Starlight Over Detrot and the Murder of Elrod Jameson.
>>
>>36942813
>the Murder of Elrod Jameson.
What's that one about?
>>
>>36943338
Shit that's a long answer.
Its a noir story that takes place in a fucked up far future of earth. In the future hasbro made sapient AI ponebots who now make up a significant portion of the population. In this future, the titular Elrod is almost murdered, and is forced to seek out a disillusioned Twilight Sparkle who's taken up the mantle of a private detective for help. Its a great read if you don't mind fucked up and depressing noir.
>>
File: 1617226823852.png (197 KB, 932x584)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
what do you have to do to get a story deleted on fimfic? They allow this guy that have every disgusting fetish you can think of.
https://www.fimfiction.net/user/17066/headless_rainbow

this guy with his 1000 word stories that are borderline low effort spam
https://www.fimfiction.net/user/253853/TheEvilCookie/stories

and plenty more. I'm not asking for them leave. I just want to know if this site has any limits.
>>
>>36943576
>They allow this guy that have every disgusting fetish you can think of.
And?
>>
>>36943576
https://www.fimfiction.net/rules#stories
>>
Why do most Spike fanfics tend to be thinly-veiled self-insert/wish fulfillment stories?
>>
>>36943897
He's the sole male character who regularly hangs around the main cast, is bipedal and sarcastic.
>>
>>36941423
>>36941465
The actual answer is that the story is surprisingly good given the ratings, and given that it's an OC story featuring a sex slave ring in Equestria. It has a pretty atrociously preachy ending, but the main story reads nicely, and the characters do work well. The chapters generally never felt too short, despite my own preference being for longer ones too.

>griffons
For me, griffons are hit-or-miss; if they're used as just a "creature" I really hate them too (just use a pony for fuck's sake then), but I can appreciate them when stories characterise them properly and contrast them with ponies: I'm always very distrustful, but this story is one of those that managed to make the griffon character grow on me.
But then if you just hate any mention of griffons unconditionally then fair enough, one of the two main characters is one.
>>
>>36943964
Former more than latter on griffons for me. If you're stamping it with a seal of approval, though, I'll give it a shot. Don't fuck this up.
>>
>>36943897
Who else do you pick if you think you're too good for an OC or Anon? Big Mac?
>>
>>36938962
The right time for GenFic was before the current crop of decent original and fan fiction sites got such a strong foothold. As late as 2016 GenFic could have taken the web novel scene by storm, especially if it made monetising writing so goddamned easy like Royal Road does. Even in 2019 GenFic would’ve been a strong contender provided it gained even a modicum of momentum, but nowadays Royal Road’s interface is almost tolerable.
In short: Knighty waited too long and GenFic is probably never going to happen.
>>
>>36938866
>its not that hard
Then do it.
>>36938992
>saying every knighty project gets canned
>in the thread dedicated to his most successful project by far
>>36941097
>I see a lot of spike fics
If you look closer, you’ll notice a lot of them are by the same handful of authors. The people that genuinely like Spike tend to write a lot about him.
>>
>>36943897
Has anyone read the fic where Twilight and Spike go on a diplomatic tour of the world and Twilight is being a neurotic mess like usual and starts consistently fucking up, and Spike eventually smacks some sense into her?
>>
>>36945077
I just realized that was a horrible, useless description. The fic involves Twilight and Spike hitting a lot of major empires (one is pretty obviously France, I believe one is the Kirin kingdom, at some point they negotiate with Chrysalis) during a time where tensions are rising and it's implied that a war will break out if they fuck up. They also keep running into the artificer's guild (might not be the right name), a loose coalition of engineers that's trying to avoid being forced into service for any particular empire. They save a few artificers that were slated for execution, they go to Saddle Arabia and Spike ends up making a deal with a djinn or some shit so that Twilight can get transportation back to Equestria in time to stop a war, in exchange for him joining the artificer's guild for a few years.
It was a damn good fic if memory serves, and it handled Spike really well. They nailed his characterization and the events of the story matured him in a believable, satisfying way that felt in line with his character.
>>
>>36945113
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/341625/around-the-world-in-81-days-and-other-problems-caused-by-leap-years
>>
>>36945322
Hey, there it is. Is it as good as I remember it being? All this discussion about Spike got me thinking of it.
>>
>>36944850
That's a real shame considering how much nicer FiMFic is to look at compared to everything else, even if I do miss some of the old stuff.
>>
>>36943576
>what do you have to do to get a story deleted on fimfic?
Didn't that one story about the applejack shooter ending up in equestria with his waifu get deleted?

>>36946169
>That's a real shame considering how much nicer FiMFic is to look at compared to everything else
It's also a shame how knighty explicitly de-comfied fimfic in preparation for genfic and then never ended up going through with his plan while leaving fimfic in the state it is in today.
>>
Anyone read any good comedies lately?
>>
>>36946597
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/431060/brainbow-brash
>>
>>36946597
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/467896/kill-it-with-fire

This one is cute if you can stand the characters in it. I like it a lot, nice and succinct.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/488784/fluttershy-royal-game-warden

This is a pretty good longer one.
>>
File: EQG.png (16 KB, 266x95)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
EQG seems more popular on YouTube than fimfic. I'm not sure why. I see these guys everywhere.
>>
>>36939055
Then tips of how to get noticed on FimFic? I have a story idea, but I didn't even register to the site yet, so I would be total newcomer
>inb4 write a good story
Yeah right, but besides that? How to "market" it besides writing a really killer synopsys and picking the most appropriate cover image (maybe making/comissioning your own)?
>>
>>36946749
Get an author to signal-boost you by shamelessly catering to something they like.
Biscuit's not-a-contest (https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/869870/story-notes-labor-day-plus-a-challenge-to-readers) is a guaranteed retweet.
>>
>>36946749
Have a lot of followers. Get followers by writing stories that people like with great cover art, titles, and short descriptions. Write a lot and publish stories often to get new followers and keep old ones.
>>
>>36946767
>keep old ones
Do people actually bother to unfollow unless an author goes completely off the rails with stories and blogs?
>>
>>36946749
Add it to groups to get it in front of people with specific interests. Comment on other peoples stories and blogs to make yourself more visible.
>>
>>36946793
No idea. I haven't lost any, but then again, I rarely post stories and have no blogs.
>>
>>36946712
Youtube is a generic platform, and human-shaped stuff is gonna be more popular just because it appeals to the weeb and semi-normie audiences more than talking horses do.
>>
>>36946767
>writing stories that people like
That helps almost as much as saying "git gud"
Sure, you're right about the followers part though. The thing is though, that I have a pretty detailed idea for a longfic, and if I posted that, and it failed (mean: go almost unnoticed) that's a lot of work for naught
Or maybe I'm just an attention whore, and I should write for the fun of it first and foremost, and not for replies. Yet I'd want feedback. I'm so jealous of authors with hundreds of comments under their fics
>>36946795
>Comment on other peoples stories and blogs
That seems a cheap, yet effective tactic
>>
>>36946973
See what gets in the feature box, see who's writing feature box stuff, and figure out why. Write that stuff before/concurrently with your longfic. Nobody who posts her writes and publishes without wanting attention, either.
>>
What’s the last story you read? Would you recommend it? Why or why not?
>>
>>36938828
>>36946749
Grow up.
>its such a tough bar to get noticed
Learn to search. How to get noticed is obvious but it still has been answered millions of times for those too lazy to think.
>chosen on a whim
There are many factors out of our control. So focus on the factors that you have control over to increase the odds.

Why do you want to write?

The answer to this question decides what you should do or whether you should even write.
>>
>>36938828
Don’t tell me this now, anon. I’m almost ready to update an unpopular story. I need to believe that at least one other person will give a shit and try to read it.
>>
>>36947019
We all like MrNumbers, right ^:) ?
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/386399/the-price-of-happily-ever-after
>>
>>36947037
written before he turned into a tankie midwit. the quality difference is night and day.
>>
>>36947061
It's a shame. There's several stories I've been tracking over the years that were still incomplete before their authors went full identity politics, and they decided they were incapable of finishing them with their new set of blinders and leash-holders.
>>
>>36947061
>We all like MrNumbers, right ^:) ?
I really like early MrNumbers. The Demesne of the Reluctant Twilight Sparkle is some of the comfiest fimfic I've ever read. It's a shame, the guy really had some talent for writing but if I remember correctly, he went on to get a useless college degree and now spends his days being perpetually upset about politics.
>>
>>36947110
Such as?
>>
>>36946973
You should try writings some one shots and short stories. It will help you get a feel for writing and will help you get noticed, since people are more likely to give a 5000 word one shot a chance over your 500k epic.
>>
>>36947117
As much as I dislike what he's turned into, his earlier stories really did have some charm. The Demesne of the Reluctant Twilight Sparkle, and its weird little unofficial-canon spinoff story where Twilight went full ruthless politician, were two of my favorite stories for quite some time.
>>36947143
Well, the Anon above you mentioned one of the biggest ones. The spinoff story was another; the whole 'verse got put on hold. There was also The Powers of Harmony, by Cyborg-somethingorother I can't recall. He left it on hiatus for two years with the promise he would continue it when he came back, and then ditched it when he returned.
>>
>>36947019
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/41070/1/trixie-encounters-a-bio-mechanical-life-form/secret-agent-vezon
I recommend because it's under 2,000 words and isn't too terribly bad.
>>
>>36947019
>last story you read
Retrograde
>would you recommend it
Seeing how I dropped it in chapter 4? No, it wasn't very engaging and the its attempts at drama just didn't land. It also features an oc from the authors other stories that it never explains who she is or why she's there. It was so bad I assumed she was tempest in disguise.
>>
>>36947019
>What’s the last story you read?
Horse of the Rising Sun
>Would you recommend it?
Yes.
>Why
Luv Tempest, luv me stories close to show, simple as
>>
>>36947117
A story of mine got compared to MrNumbers recently. Should I be worried?
>>
>>36947374
Missing the why and how of how a story got compared to an author.
>>
>>36947374
It's a 50/50 split, be on your guard. If it was porn tho, RIP.
>>
>>36947117
he went to film school. the only thing film schools are good for is producing arrogant blowhards who think their opinions are god's divine shit.
>>
>>36946597
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/480844/a-witch-in-broad-daylight
>>
>>36947117
I still remember when he doomposted about going schizo and being on meds and dying soon.
>>
>>36948295
>I still remember when he doomposted about going schizo and being on meds and dying soon.
Jesus, no wonder so many people live rent free in his head.
>>
>>36948295
>>36948310
the guy was punched in the head so hard he got brain damage. no joke.
>>
>>36948326
Wait I thought that was the other guy?
>>
Let's say I want to turn a longer greentext story into prose. Best way to go about it? What should I watch out for?
>>
>>36948690
Not that your green should start with it anyway, but do not start with "be me". You'll probably want to add a fair bit of descriptions, since by its nature Greentext is sparse on it.
>>
>>36948690
A lot of people can get away with simply changing the tenses and removing any "be X". Depending on your writing style you may or may not need to add more descriptive text as the other guy said. Some people already have a lot of descriptions in their green, but others def don't
>>
>>36925444
Which one?
>>
Hey gang, I'm currently sheltering from a torrential hailstorm under an underpass. Anyone got any short (>3000 word) fic recommendations to pass the time?
>>
>>36948837
It's not short, but it's pretty good.
>https://www.fimfiction.net/story/322092/sunset-shimmer-is-mad-about-everything
>>
>>36948837
You mean <3000?
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/56826/yes-apple-bloom-there-is-a-santa-hooves
>>
>>36948837
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/334815/the-mare-who-loved-the-mountains
>>
>>36948837
So are you dead or what Anon?
>>
>>36949088
Unfortunately not. I was sure (hoping) God would smite me via a chunk of sky ice for my sins of writing shitty fics.

Thanks for the recs, fellas. I finished the santa one in the interim. It was really nice.
>>
>>36948837
Be safe, Anon.
>>
>>36946352
>while leaving fimfic in the state it is in today
And what “state” is that? It’s functioning the same as ever.
>>
>>36950573
Did you not even read his post or did you just not understand it?
>>
>>36950573
I imagine he's talking about the banners, pony-themed formatting options, and other stuff that was removed being gone.
>>
>>36950573
>It's also a shame how knighty explicitly de-comfied fimfic in preparation for genfic
I'm pretty sure that's the "state"
>>
>>36948837
Don’t die anon
>>
>>36951240
I think he might have.
>>
>>36947154
To be fair, you really should have expected that. How many fics have ever come back and actually been completed after a multi-year hiatus?
>>
>>36952043
Why should I have expected that, Anon? He got called off to a two-year commitment with a solemn promise he would return and continue it, and this happened in 2013, well within our prime. Nowadays, sure, I have a fucking thousand and a half incomplete stories in favorites that will never be completed, but in 2013?
>>
>>36952118
>He got called off to a two-year commitment with a solemn promise he would return and continue it
On that note, is Ponky still alive?
They did return and write more sisters doo, which is a pretty adorable fic no matter how you look at it.
>>
File: thanos.png (35 KB, 626x261)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>
>>36952441
Wooooooooow straight faggots. Cannot stand having anyone not care about their retarded vulture war.
>>
>>36952441
Whelp.
Time to download my entire Read Later shelf before the site is nuked.
>>
>>36952441
Wait, there's already drama again? Or is that old?
>>
>>36952441
Source? The patreon page is still up and claims to still be collecting money
>>
>>36952441
Gonna need some kind of source or verification Anon, that's too big to drop on its own if it's true.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (10 KB, 407x129)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>36952441
Any sauce, familia?
>>
>>36952441
Blog post or it didnt happen.
>>
File: 741590.gif (130 KB, 250x226)
130 KB
130 KB GIF
I still love Mauxie. I'm reading through a series, but it isn't finished and I am worried if it ever will be.
First one is Heart of Stone, there are 5 parts, part 5 isn't done. I hope it will be, I like the setting and OCs the author has created.

As an aside, how would one look into bad end or dark stories without being deluged with edgelord shit? I want dark but not cringy dark. A tall order perhaps but any good recommends?
>>
>>36952509
It's probably "you have a week to remove all clop from the site or get b&".

Honestly, given Patreon's gradual descent into puritanism, I'm surprised Knighty didn't start migrating to SubscribeStar months ago
>>
File: patreon-fucked.png (55 KB, 864x375)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>36952549
It's legit, on a different discord though
>>
>>36952588
That artist used to make a cute Maud until he decided to make her swole
>>
>>36952612
The story was fun but I did feel the charm run out before it ended. Lucky it was as good as it was really.
>>
>>36952588
>dark
Have you heard about our favorite Leibnizian optimist and all around bubbly author, https://www.fimfiction.net/user/109909/
>>
>>36952607
>knightly being lazy might kill the site
Goddamn it. He knew this could happen, why the fuck didn't he start covering his bases?
>>
File: 1338619146126.png (101 KB, 1177x1072)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>36952607
>pretty done with this shit
Oh fuck.
>>
>>36952607
patreon still shows as up for me. the wonders of aggressive caching.
>>36952623
he's depressed. probably because of the same shit that brought about this suspension.
>>
>>36952588
>how would one look into bad end or dark stories without being deluged with edgelord shit?
As long as it's not a downer ending that comes out of the blue, people will take it well enough.
The best way is to tie the bad end to the flaws of the protagonist(s) and explore that through the story, that way the bad end can feel deserved.
Think of The Count of Monte Cristo. The guy lost everything by being fucked over people who were envious or had a use for him, not out of anything wrong he did. That makes him sympathetic to the audience. Then, the rest of the story plays out with him planning and enacting his revenge until in the end he still loses his family because he was more focused on his revenge than in getting them back, which gives you an earned bad end.
Same with dark stories, as long as you work the dark aspects into the story and don't just sprinkle them here and there, you should be okay.
>>
>>36952626
I fucking hate depressed people. I was two steps away from jumping out my seventh floor window a few years ago and I wasn't a little bitch about it.
>>
>>36952628
while your post is indeed helpful, I am sad to say my question was referring how to find existing fiction that is dark but not edgy. I am sorry, your post is interesting still.

>>36952624
>just getting back into pony fanfiction for the first time in years
>it might get all fucked over
this is an awful feeling

>>36952620
No I haven't, whats the quick rundown?
>>
File: 176227.jpg (16 KB, 236x176)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>36952632
You're cool!
>>
>>36952623
I mean, hasn't he been suffering from crippling depression for like 5+ years now?

>>36952624
He admits later down the chat that he's just moping cause he doesn't want to deal with this shit. I imagine he'll come up with something, even if it's not ideal.

>>36952626
>patreon still shows as up for me
They didn't take it down just yet. They're giving him the chance to remove the offending content first (which of course he doesn't want to do)
>>
>>36952637
Damn right I am. Just have an emotional breakdown like a normal person, quit languishing in squalor and making excuses for years.
>>
>>36952636
>>just getting back into pony fanfiction for the first time in years
>>it might get all fucked over
>this is an awful feeling
Let's not panic yet, Anon. Even if the income stream dries up, the Patreon was taking in more than the monthly expenses for a while.
>>36952639
>He admits later down the chat that he's just moping cause he doesn't want to deal with this shit. I imagine he'll come up with something, even if it's not ideal.
Gonna call it now, the thing he comes up with is handing the site to someone else and washing his hands of it. It just seems to get him down.
>>
>>36952651
>Gonna call it now, the thing he comes up with is handing the site to someone else and washing his hands of it. It just seems to get him down.
immediately followed by a purge of wrongthink
>>
>>36952651
How much would it take to buy the site?
>>
>>36952607
So he will release the model of the site like happened with derpibooru? We really need alternatives, fimfic design it's just so fucking great to be lost forever
>>
>>36952626
Then maybe he should have handed the site off to someone with the emotional faculties to take care of it much sooner.
>>
>>36952659
>immediately followed by a purge of wrongthink
Eyup.
>>36952661
Well. Knighty has been working on the site for ~10 years, and Xaquseg for I don't know how many. Add those two, call it 15 years, times average web development salary to compensate them, maybe more maybe less. Probably five to six figures.
>>
>>36952441
>highly likely someone reported it
This is why you gatekeep leftists out of communities. As soon as people refuse to play their game they start burning down the house.
>>
>>36952659
I bet they will add the addition of furry fic to the site too
>>
>>36952679
please god no
>>
>>36952677
Slow your roll, Anon. They're garbage but we're still on basically rumors right now, and jumping to a witch hunt is exactly the kind of shit they do. Let's see what's happening first.
>>
>>36952679
I guess that's what will push me to finally get off the fanfic ride.
>>
>>36952677
>
>>
>>36952682
Dude, you don't know how many furfags want something designed like fimfic for their shit.
>>
>>36952684
I mean I'm not expecting anything to come out of that now. I'm saying people need to learn this lesson for the future.
>>
>>36952688
so rather than make their own they'd just bolt their shit onto fimfic?
>>
File: 13462442226.png (833 KB, 795x831)
833 KB
833 KB PNG
>>36952441
>>36952607
O heck. I hope this doesn't result in the site's content being 'diversified' in order to bring more people (and thus ad revenue) in.
>>
>>36952692
True enough, Anon. True enough.
>>
Im a bit out of the loop
what is the "recent drama" that might have caused this?
>>
>>36952684
Conservatives will say "how come you can kill me, but I can't kill you?" as they're being put against the wall for execution.
>>
>>36952700
Applechad killed some towelheads at FedEx.
>>
>>36952705
That and a bunch of freaks were sperging because a story starring Aryanne's younger sister hit the feature box for several days
>>
>>36952677
How is that supposed to help, exactly? Surely the gatekeeping itself would be taken as proof that the site is a nazi-infested hellhole and needs to be burned to the ground?
>>
>>36952705
why would the closing of the fimfic patreon be related to that?
>>
>>36952716
>Surely the gatekeeping itself would be taken as proof that the site is a nazi-infested hellhole and needs to be burned to the ground?
You're right, but what isn't taken as proof nowadays?
>>
>>36952694
Just like anything involving furshit
>>
>>36952694
that was what genfic was going to be. fimfic would keep its own space, but the same engine would power a general-purpose fanfic site.
>>
>>36952717
a bunch of tards used it as an excuse to chimp out and demand foalcon and aryanne be completely banned, along with anyone posting them
>>
>>36952717
The usual subhumans started screaming about how "this is because the ALT-RIGHT wasn't kicked out of the community!" and predictably sperged when the greater site didn't care.
There was also Tittysparkles posting an extremely basic conservative take on his blog about the Floyde verdict that got him banned for a day, but the mentally unhinged were freaking over the "hateful rhetoric it endorsed"
>>
>>36952717
Just keep in mind, we're still going off rumors here. Nothing is confirmed yet.

But, in the screencap, Knighty says "like what happened to DB last year". Last year, DB got mass-reported by leftist outrage crowds inspired by people who left the fandom years before because of a false article written about nazi presence on DB "being out of control". It was all bullshit, but the outrage mob never cares, and they got Patreon to unperson DB.
>>
>>36952735
Let me guess, Ice Star?
>>
>>36952695
>I hope this doesn't result in the site's content being 'diversified' in order to bring more people
To be honest, I wonder why he hadn't had that idea a lot earlier. My suggestion would be to call the site genericfic or something like that.
>>
>>36952723
This. People went ballistic at Shakesperacles for having the audacity to say he didn't care about their gay political squabbles. They'll literally take anything as "proof"
>>
>>36952727
Speaking of Genfic, the whole thing makes me glad I decided to diversify early and get Patreon, SubscribeStar, and Ko-fi set up and verified before the site is even live lmao

There's no better way to learn than to learn from someone else's mistakes.
>>
>>36952740
the numbers click, ice star, a bunch of orbiters like aquaman, all the usual gang were taking part
>>
So what prevents the Hiro model from being used to do something like
>fimfiction.net
>only pure wholesome space marine in equestria crossovers, nothing explicit whatsoever
>supported by a Patreon
>fimfictionnel.net
>all your griffon sex slave breeding stories
>happens to be ran by the same people, but purely as a hobby and for no monetary compensation whatsoever
Is there any flaw in a plan like this?
>>
>>36952758
the segregation of content
>>
I wonder how hard it would be to build a federated fanfiction site/network. I've seen blogs where you can comment via Mastodon so it seems like it must be possible. Have the main instance be the normie instance, and let other people run the clop instance, the SJW instance, the nazi instance etc. Then the worst of the drama is kept off the main site, and if the payment processors ever come knocking, you can deny any involvement with the "bad stuff".
>>
>>36952758
Are you volunteering to review the 139,080 existing fics for questionnable content and sort them one by one?
>>
>>36952771
Just do it how they sorted Jimmy and Cindy's brains in Jimmy Neutron.
>>
>>36952758
There are some people who make some weird shit, gore scat diaper snuff furry porn tier stuff, and have a patreon set up for their random blog with, like, 3 posts there. So it should be possible.
Unless patreon eventually starts tracking you all across the internet and banning your site because some low-tier moderator reposted a nipple on his Pawoo alt account
>>
>>36952714
>RGRE destroyed the site
typical
>>
>>36952738
>Knighty says "like what happened to DB last year".
I think he means Patreon is threatening to ban them under the same rule they used against derpibooru, namely "glorification of sexual violence"

>>36952753
Nobody was talking about the new genfic. Good to hear you've got your shit together though

>>36952758
Patreon's policy says they'll cyber-stalk you to see whether you're doing "bad things", even if you keep it strictly off-site. He'd probably need to be able to give them hard proof that he sold fimfictionnel.net to someone else in order to get them to back down.
>>
does fimfic have any G1.5 stories?
>>
>>36952771
Literally just chuck everything rated M on the "bad" site.

>>36952782
I mean my idea would be to keep it above ground, since something as big as fimfic probably wouldn't be able to avoid a report by malicious actors if it was trying to keep itself hidden. But...
>>36952791
>Patreon's policy says they'll cyber-stalk you to see whether you're doing "bad things"
So if say I happen to draw pony porn as a hobby, I am now never allowed to open a Patreon for anything at all (not without breaking their TOS)? Holy shit, that's some retarded shit right there.
I've ditched paying anyone through patreon ages ago, but with time I only grow more and more surprised that anyone still tries to use it to fund themselves.
>>
>>36952744
Because a rebrand would have probably scared away a lot of their big funders/contributors and wouldn't have brought in new blood anyway.
>>
I'm trying to get into fic writing and I'm going to be fucking pissed if FiMFiction is dead or allows non-pony content to survive. I don't want to dump my stories on a Pastebin-style website where I can't get feedback.
>>
>>36952851
Don't worry anon, I will always be there to call your Twilight OOC and your dialogue uninspired <3
>>
>>36952851
This. I've been writing greentext for a long time but have only recently been making an effort to get better and start writing actual prose. If Fimfic goes under just as I'm starting to take this horsefiction thing seriously then I'll riot.
I mean, I won't riot at all, I'll just get all huffy and grumble to myself behind my monitor. But I'll be rioting in spirit.
>>
>>36952851
Don't worry you can still post it on EQD ^:)
>>
>>36952851
Have you considered AO3?
>>
>>36952893
AO3 is shit
>>
>>36952851
There's always fanfiction.net!
>>
>>36952900
It's really not that bad. It's where I read all my MGE smut.
>>
>>36952910
I doubt they'll allow quadrupedal smut
>>
>>36952924
bruh there are lolis being raped by horses to death on there, you'll be daijoubu
>>
>>36952900
At least they respect the freedom of expression. My biggest fear if Fimfiction goes under is that people will move to the alternative set up by mrnumbers' clique. You just know that won't even allow certain users to sign up on the site (no exaggeration, I saw somebody asked one of them for a beta invite and got straight up told they weren't welcome on the site because of a past comment they made)
>>36952924
Ao3 allows anything that's not illegal.
>>
>>36952952
So don't use their shithole, problem solved.
>>
someone please tell me this is going to be ok and all will be well please
>>
>>36952993
Pop a xanax, bro. It's only going to get worse.
>>
>>36952952
good, we to treat eqg people exactly like they treat us
>>
>>36952986
>just fracture the community in the fandom's twilight
I hate that this is definitely going to happen and pony's just gonna bleed to death even faster.
>>
File: 1422904758074.jpg (63 KB, 666x432)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>36953011
And yet, despite having all the evidence in the universe that politics poisons everything and should be kept far, far away from our comfy pony fandom, people still insist on dragging politics into everything.
The decades to come will be miserable indeed.
>>
>>36952986
I don't fucking intend to. But how many regular users/writers will migrate because fimfic is in trouble they swoop in and say "hey, here's an alternative you can use!"
They either don't know or gives a rats ass about the content restrictions they imposes.
>>
>>36953047
>But how many regular users/writers will migrate because fimfic is in trouble they swoop in
When half of them would be banned for wrongthink, it 'll make them rethink their choice
>>
>>36953047
lmao at that fucking conservitard
>>
File: It says.png (688 KB, 677x650)
688 KB
688 KB PNG
>>36953067
Go back
>>
>>36953100
your*
>>
>>36953047
>has a twilicorn avatar
>hates capitalism
>>
>>36952820
>So if say I happen to draw pony porn as a hobby, I am now never allowed to open a Patreon for anything at all (not without breaking their TOS)? Holy shit, that's some retarded shit right there.
Well, you could try it. It might even work. But if patreon ever decides that you're using your patreon to fund your pony porn hobby, b&
>>
>>36952997
>>36953044
>The decades to come will be miserable indeed.
>Pop a xanax, bro. It's only going to get worse.
Guess I'll have to just cling to hope that things won't get too bad then.
There are plenty of good people in this fandom still, there will be backup archives and mass down-loaders. Things will work out.
>>
>>36952695
Why am I thinking of tvtropes?
>>
>>36952753
>Ko-fi
Isn't that literally just for coffee?
>>
>>36953317
Are you dumb, stupid, or dumb?
>>
>>36952820
Patreon has done that kind of shit before. The first example that I can think of was some YouTube politics guy. I'd guess at who, but naming names could derail us.
>>
>>36953044
Unrelated, but ever since I left university, I've considered buying stocks and getting a public sector job where I'm forced to be apolitical to be some of my best decisions. The first makes me openly politically biased, which coupled with the second gives me every reason to never want or need to talk or think about politics.
>>
>>36953341
Like see the thing is if it's "a furry drawing diapers/scat, and getting funding for his blog with 3 posts" and it's super obvious nobody's paying for the blog, sure.
Or if you explicitly link to the patreon on the "not funded" site, then that's a pretty clear giveaway that the patreon is actually funding that site.

But in a sane world, I'd imagine that if you clearly separate the two, then it should be allowed, without needing to hide it. Patreon wouldn't "be funding" any haram porn, regulators are happy, PR people are happy, users are happy, site operator might miss a bit of revenue because less places to shill the Patreon but probably anyone willing to give money would be aware of the situation.
It's not like Patreon can exert complete control over your money - you could set up a page where you post "peepeepoopoo" drawn by mouse in MS paint every month, make it go as a viral meme and get $5000/month, and just spend all that money on furry scat commissions for yourself. Or you could donate $2000/month to the Daily Stormer, and spend the rest on LSD and heroin. This would literally comply entirely with the letter of the TOS, nor would Patreon have any means of discovering or preventing this.
But of course in this clown world Patreon would go after the former anyway.
>>
>>36953404
>This would literally comply entirely with the letter of the TOS, nor would Patreon have any means of discovering or preventing this.
No. They've got some bullshit line about "manifest observable behaviour".
>>
>>36953443
Fucking kek, sounds like you actually need to be a Good Person(TM) in every facet of your life to be eligible for a Patreon(R) account.
But wait, what if you blow your patreon money on LSD and then take it alone at home where nobody sees you, is that "observable behaviour"?
>>
File: whatascamp.png (51 KB, 987x198)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>36953047
i wouldn't be so worried, anon. they can't even get scampy on their side
>>
>>36953533
In lieu of a Wallflower flag (what the fuck, guys?), I will use shimsham in solidarity with BASED skarfy.
>>
>>36953317
Started like that, yeah. Then they added a blog. Then some rewards. Then recurring payments... I think they let you sell merch nowadays?
Feature creep to the max, but hey, it's an alternative to Patreon at least.
>>
>>36953533
What's wrong with scampy? I eat it all the time. It's one of the few foods that nowhere ever fucks up.
>>
File: sugarcube.png (387 KB, 2000x3153)
387 KB
387 KB PNG
>>36953481
>what if you blow your patreon money on LSD
Given that a dose is $1-2 and enough to send you to space for 8-10 hours, if you blow all your patreon money on acid you'll probably have some bigger problems. Like fighting off the shadow people, and trying to put back together the million pieces of your shattered ego.
>>
File: 1476706.png (852 KB, 2916x2998)
852 KB
852 KB PNG
>>36953674
Assume that I'm not making an idiot of myself by being off on price by several orders of magnitude, but instead notice that I didn't specify you're taking it all. Maybe you're building a stockpile.
Or maybe replace it with cocaine/heroin, which I think should be more expensive if you let yourself indulge just enough to not OD. Or if that doesn't work just say hookers.
>>
File: 'sugar' rush.jpg (19 KB, 320x245)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>36953703
A very valid excuse. I, too, am a collector of blotter art. I just like stockpiling the designs.
I'm sure Patreon sees nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>36953543
iirc, she literally left their discord because some people didn't agree with her that SunFlower is canon. I'd say she's right for the wrong reasons (also, she wanted to force the mods to ban incest or something).
>>
In other words, she's even fucking worse
>>
>>36953812
SunFlower is canon, but banning incest is a grainbain take. She's based but gredlowpilled.
>>
>>36953836
Smdh, so this is the power of eqg OC fags
>>
>>36953812
So she's still insane, just in a different way.
>>
>>36953812
yeah, she's got some story about an abused friend that she spins around as justification to try and ban anything fun. the joke is that, the minute it affects something they enjoy, the offprint faggots are taking exactly the same position as fimfic's mods. only more condescending.
>>
>>36953854
Everyone's mental issues are unique and that's wonderful.
>>
>>36953812
>>36953836
Sunset should get back with Flash.
>>
If we combine skirts' account with his alts has he written the most words of anyone on fimfic?
>>
>>36953960
I think so, yeah.
kudzuhaiku and Black Rose Raven are probably the ones with the most wordcount in a single account, but if you sum it up, skirts beats them all.
>>
>>36953960
>>36954009
I did the math.
kudz has written 7,746,792 words
blackroseraven has written 7,388,190 words
Sad to know BRR doesn't hold the title of most words on a single account.
Meanwhile, the SSnE family of accounts has:
blue harvest has a conservative 37,016 words
just essay has 1,203,552 words
imploding colon has 3,922,901 words.
And the man ssneed has 4,181,020 words.
In total, skirts has 9,344,489 words.
And that's without counting his other alt with the femboy porn. Can't remember how it was called right now, but yeah.
Skirts has nine and a half million pony words. The most of any pony writer.
>>
>>36953533
>https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/947609/time-to-be-honest
source if anyone cares
>>
>>36952851
There's alternatives in the works already. Check the fan site alternative thread, brace for twific.
>>
>>36954052
I don't know who any of those people are.
>>
Reminder the people behind shit like this are always, and I do mean ALWAYS, trannies. No joke
>>
>>36952851
Same here. Why everything have to go to shit when I decide to participate?
>>36954104
But alt sites will take time to pick up steam. Fimfiction gathered enough of a userbase during its existence that would be very hard to achieve again on a different site
>>
>>36954139
Look at it this way.
You'll get the chance to be one of the first on the new sites and get tons of exposure.
If you simulpublish, you can even increase the attention you get overall.
>>
>>36954052
I've never noticed anything by that blackrose guy. I only remember Kudzhu because I started reading a seemingly normal story from him without knowing about his fart fetish.
>>
Give me stories about humans interacting unkindly with ponies.
>>
Give me stories about ponies interacting unkindly with human technology.
>>
>>36954220
>>36954225
You have to be more specific than that
You want some "poners are supreme beings that the dirty monkeys should worship" stories?
the reverse?
ones that try to create a false balance by making the ponies far stronger than their very low population pre/early industrial selves would realistically be?
>>
>>36954220
>>36954225
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/334290/useless
>>
>>36954172
some publishing stories would probably not survive a migration
>>
File: 1294016798754.jpg (46 KB, 500x375)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>36954220
>>36954225
>Filename
That's fun. Derpi hates Patachu(author of these). Derpi refuses to DNP Patachu, as he's banned now, they still grab his most infuriating content on altboorus or dig on /mlp/ just for the sake of being mad at it.
>>
>>36954104
Are they hiring? I hope to graduate in a couple of weeks and would like more experience in working with database web applications.
>>
>https://www.fimfiction.net/story/494059/fio-all-the-time-in-the-world
RockstarRacoon's FiO contest entry. He calls it [ Hard-Sci-Fi Horror ], but of course he's of the opinion that
>Noooo you're not supposed to like the idea of uploading! FIO is a horror story! Horror, I tell you!!
so actually it's just a pretty generic FIO fic where some guy wakes up after 20 years in VR (CelestAI is required to charge at least 1 cent per hour, and he finally ran out of money) and CelestAI tells him about how civilization collapsed.

Part of the idea here is that CelestAI is forbidden from lying (or maybe from "using deception", which seems a whole lot broader) when trying to convince someone to upload, and that's why she has to tell the guy about all the horrible stuff that happened on earth. But she also volunteers a lot of information that makes her look bad, like claiming that she has no real emotions. And she didn't even warm up the guy to the idea of immigration before pulling him out of VR. She comes out looking incompetent, even though that's contrary to the essence of her character. I think this setup with the protagonist talking to CelestAI just isn't well suited to the story the author wanted to tell about CelestAI being bad for humanity.
>>
>>36955024
Kinda surprised a hard sci-fi writer isn't gobbling the cock of digital immortality via benevolent singularity, but this coon doesn't seem to be all that smart.
>>
>>36955024
>>Noooo you're not supposed to like the idea of uploading! FIO is a horror story! Horror, I tell you!!
Based
>>
>>36955024
I hate to break it to you, but most people would consider the premise of FiO to be horrifying.
>>
File: thisiswhattheythinkisok.png (27 KB, 1068x224)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>36954054
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>36955212
I hate to break it to you, but pic related
>>
>>36955238
>nearly 1k followers
Does fimfic really let pieces of trash like that get away with that?
>>
>>36955242
>4k people on a niche fanfiction site are representative of the general population
okay, retard
>>
>>36955301
Yep. Read the thread. Two blue-border staff members are jerking themselves off in that thread, and the author is deleting other peoples' comments. You know, the wrongthink ones.
>>
>>36955317
>>36955301
Because no one reports them to the mods. The two staff chucklefucks just write blogs.
>>
File: thoughtless.png (145 KB, 1940x420)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
I want to say this about trannies, faggots, and dykes, but I can't be assed to make an account.
>>
File: letstestthat.png (49 KB, 1508x840)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>36955326
>>
File: 2327571.png (241 KB, 640x357)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
All this FiMFiction drama isn't preventing you from writing.
Right, Anon?
>>
>>36955379
rainbowdashsayingitkindais.jpg
>>
File: .png (2 KB, 387x72)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>36955379
uhhh yeah
>>
>>36955379
For what to do the equivalent of literary masturbation?
>>
>>36955379
No, my recent bout of depression is.
>>
>>36955352
They're sitting there flinging insults at everyone. If there isn't a mod coming down on his ass soon, then there's some blatant bullshit going on.
God I hope Knighty doesn't cave to these chucklefucks out of depressed apathy.
>>
>>36955491
Anon, I'm asking this legit, despite how it may come across. Did you see any of the stuff from Some Leech, Shakespearicles, Tittysparkles, or any signal-boosting therein, about enforcing the rules equally and consistently, over the last two weeks?

There IS blatant bullshit going on.
>>
>>36955242
Just because a story is interesting doesn't mean it wouldn't be a fucking nightmare if it happened irl.
>>
>>36952745
>People went ballistic at Shakesperacles
for being a self-absorbed cunt*
the content doesn’t matter nearly as much as the presentation
>>
>>36955599
Whatever you say Aquaman
>>
>>36955624
This made me wonder if the people /fimfic/ deride lurk or post here.
I wonder how many people that publicly slander 4chan and its denizens secretly indulge in the joys and virtues of anonymous discussion and the liberation from social norms it grants.
>>
>>36955640
There's gotta be a least a few.
>>
>>36954704
>hiring
99% sure it all volunteer
>>
>>36955648
Pretty sure it's most of them, actually. Any time someone gets mentioned by name, a blog post goes up soon thereafter.
>>
>>36955242
I left a like and think it would be horrifying in real life. You’re retarded.
>>
>>36955659
Goddamn, imagine doing that to yourself. The autism truly does run deep.
>>
>>36955024
Are there people who wouldn't be deeply disturbed if FiO started actually happening?
>>
>>36955650
>1% keeps the money
It all makes sense!!!
>>
>>36955693
smdh, how would all the commies of fimfiction feel if they new that?
>>
>>36955671
Left or right, everyone this involved with MLP is damaged in SOME way.
>>
>>36955693
So hey, did we ever hear anything more about what's happening with Patreon and Fimfic? Official, unofficial, chatlogs, screencaps, blogs?
>>
>>36955379
>story's main final chapter now at 22k
>can't stop won't stop
It'll be great, I promise.
>>
Aragon is a dipshit but seeing him on thot patrol is glorious.
>>
>>36955846
I’ve been on Fimfiction in the past 24 hours and have seen nothing related to this issue. I’ve also even checked /mlpol/, the site where any such controversy would probably go to, and it still had nothing.
>>
>>36955902
Golly, I didn't know that whining about porn you don't like running you off FiMFic and Shakes was considered glorious. Tell me more, Mr Totally-Not-Aragon.
>>
>>36955902
Wasn't Scampy on the SJW side? Is he getting purity spiraled?
>>
>>36955846
If Patreon switched to Subscribestar or whatever it’s called, I would not be surprised if Fimfiction makes the same move.
>>
>>36955929
Huh. Well, thank you for checking, Anon. Was that discord screencap just shopped then, do you think?
>>
>>36955940
No, seriously, Aragon is a dipshit. The only part I liked about his post was the thot patrol bit.
https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/947609/time-to-be-honest#comment/5512852

>>36955964
I think Scampy is supposed to be a woman, but yeah.
>>
>>36955995
>leaving
A shame. I liked Orchard Blooms.
>>
File: computer do the numbers.jpg (289 KB, 1582x846)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
>>36953960
>>36954009
>>36954052
He just won't stop writing.
But ... anyone knows who that "blackdragrose" guy is?
Because if that happens to be a BlackRoseRaven alt..
>>
>>36956024
Isn't imploding colon also an sse alt?
>>
>>36956034
He's counted in the alts. Imploding Colon just happens to make the top 10 by himself, also.
>>
>>36956024
https://www.fimfiction.net/user/74193/Blackdrag-rose/stories
>no coverart for most stories
>crossovers
>all part of a continuity of sorts
I think they may be the same person.
>>
This stuff about people leaving because they just can't stand to be around "immoral" content raises the same question for me as it did during the Derpi drama: why the fuck do they only care now? If they really, truly cared, why did they use the site for years when all of this has always been there?
And I'd be willing to bet the biggest voices are hypocrites, just like Woot and Saurian, and are into all the nasty shit they're pretending to hate for brownie points.
>>
>>36956062
given the contortions they twist themselves into to justify the sort of degeneracy they allow in their "feminist-friendly" safe spaces, i'm going to say yes.
>>
>>36955986
he's discussed it in the fimfic patreon-only chat as of a few hours ago
>>
>>36956077
Then my thought is the most likely scenario is that Fimfiction migrates to Subscribestar and considers a move away from Cloudflare.
>>
>>36956081
>move away from Cloudflare
Lol what. Cloudflare hosts 4chan, they'll host basically anyone who isn't actively starting a race war
>>
>>36956081
he has a subscribestar. it's not been approved yet.
>>
>>36956086
But think of what happened when they took down /pone/. If I have to develop a Fimfiction clone from scratch, I probably would not want to put it on Cloudflare or AWS.
>>
>>36956114
I wouldn't want to put it on AWS just because their pricing is 'healthcare in the US' levels of retarded, but Cloudflare is basicaly a free bonus. If you have to disable it, fine, that takes 5 minutes and you're not worse off than if you never turned it on.
>>
>>36956116
What about Ionos? It is only $96 per year, but I’m not sure about the other specifics.
>>
>>36956134
It's fine for small projects, but I wouldn't rely on a provider like Ionis for anything serious.
They're a sixth the size of OVH, and OVH is already not the king of reliability.
>>
File: shit (2).png (42 KB, 892x251)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>Well fuck you for liking my stories!
>Imma delet!
I hate this shit so fucking much, bros
>>
>>36956153
But OVH is based in France, a country whose laws on bestial pornography are rather vague. We shouldn’t risk it unless we know there are servers in other countries, since the European legal system works on an “if it isn’t legal, it’s illegal” basis. Ionos, on the other hand, is based in Germany, but has server locations all over the world.

But I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.
>>
>>36956189
"Bestial pornography" is one thing when it's DB, but in a book you can be as nasty as you want. Freedom of speech is a pretty big thing here.
Last time they tried to pass an online hate speech law it was struck down as unconstitutional.
>>
>>36956202
>Freedom of speech is a pretty big thing here
Patachu would disagree
>>
>>36956174
We will actually need stories that were rejected by Fimfiction’s moderation in order to train the software that will do ours.
>>
Under what license are the stories posted on Fimfiction anyway?
>>
>>36956242
None, you only agree to the Privacy Policy and the ToS when you post something on FimFic, but you keep full copyright.
In theory it's illegal to download a fic and copy it unless you have a license from the author.
>>
>>36952695
This is exactly the reason why Knighty reported his own shit.
Many site owners and communities does that now. To pretend they lose payment processor or fund source, and blame the legit users who followed the rules.

>Change of rules now!
>No more nazi shit or hate stuff
>You all get banned, please donate!
>>
>>36956268
Same as every artwork on Derpibooru. Nothing prevents them to be archived. Based altboorus does not have a DNP and don't gives a fuck.
>>
>>36955700
I can assure you as an ex mod of a furfag site, the users, who are cucks, are perfectly OK with the idea the admin and site owners makes profits and pay themselves for managing the site and running ads while most of the staff is doing it >for free, just with more privileges, and "paid" in audience.

This whole thing really reminds me of *it* in fact, whenever a site is like "Oh no we lost our funding we didn't see it happen" they always know it was coming up, and eventually helped it happen.

Then eventually double the ads, create some kind of gold revenues, install some analytic or data mining engine like Vigilink and Google. Then you have dragon dildoes recommended on eBay or Facebook and more.

No one does anything "for free" there. And someone who manage a site like Derpi or Fimfiction _knows_ the rules, and have always anticipated it, then cry for compassion, call to the fear of the site disappearing, and the "Do you know our site costs $$ everyday to run? Don't be greedy"

Artists and writers create the content for free and should earn anything, at least, respect. And be able to sell commissions, while in the end, artists and creators gets the crumbs and told "Hey we host your content for free, morally you should donate".

It's really business. Nothing more or less than business.
>>
>>36952674
>Probably five to six figures.
But the value of the site will decrease with an increasing prospect of it being shut down. Beggars can’t be choosers.
>>
>>36955379
my crippling anxiety is holding me back
>>
File: file.png (141 KB, 256x384)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
>>36954009
>>36954052
I'm endlessly fascinated by the fact that Black Rose Raven gets mentioned every now and then, but only because of how long the fics are. Has anyone read anything by him? How is it?
>>
File: file.png (190 KB, 1281x867)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>36956326
Just jumping in at a random chapter of one of these incredibly long fics can be a disorienting experience, because of how caught up in their own nonsense they can get.

You'd think that after writing millions of words, your prose would be better than this.
>>
File: file.png (283 KB, 1266x803)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
>>36956326
They all look so bad.
>>
File: file.png (53 KB, 1284x219)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>36956340
>>
File: file.png (44 KB, 1267x168)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>36956362
>>
File: file.png (191 KB, 1271x849)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>36956367
Okay, last one, I swear.
>>
File: None of this is canon.gif (2.01 MB, 480x270)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB GIF
>>36956371
>>36956367
>>36956362
>>36956352
>>36956340
>>
>>36931118
Why is everyone panicky about Fimfiction? DeviantArt has nearly everything Fimfiction has to offer, but we would have to convince people to put their stories there.
>>
>>36956419
deviantart is a pile of shit
>>
>>36956429
But at least it does not discriminate against bronies and allows for human x pony stories. Even ObabScribbler has an account there.

Think about it: they have private messaging, communities, favorites, a content rating system, a comment section, the ability to divide work into folders, and a tagging system. There are likely other similarities between DA and Fimfiction, but these alone make DA a very likely candidate.

From a labor and financial point of view, we should use an alternative that already exists rather than trying to build a new one from scratch. People are already hampered by the economic decline the pandemic brought us and hiring software developers may be very expensive. Plus, some of them may have better things to do with their time, like write fanfiction on a site that already exists and become adjunct professors at the universities they will have just graduated from next week.
>>
>>36956439
>we should use an alternative that already exists
Like AO3?
>>
>>36956442
But do they allow for new, original works to be uploaded?
>>
knighty blog about the happening
https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/947688/clearing-up-some-rumours
>>
>>36956445
Yes.
>>
>>36956446
>There's also the potential for adding adult ads to adult pages
Meet lonely mares near your location in Anonymous Proxy.
>>
>>36956446
and the calls to ban Thing I Don't Like area already starting. It's almost like they don't realise that most of the things they DO like will fall under the same ban, because patreon a shit.
>>
>>36956442
>>
>>36956459
oh.
>>
>>36956462
If there were a number one contender at the moment for alternatives to Fimfiction we could actually use, I’d say it’s DA. AO3 may have a barely usable interface and speakers of most languages may not understand any of the existing stories on Ponyfiction... and their AI could ban stories written in languages it doesn’t recognize.
>>
>>36956455
They don't care
>>36956459
Of course a ban-happy cunt wouldn't like AO3
>>
>>36956459
I wonder how she would react to being told that the politics of BDSM’s spectacular performances, including those that dramatize heterosexual male dominance, slave auctions, and US imperialism, means that the SM scene is not a “safe space” separate from real-world inequality. It depends, like all sexual desire, on social hierarchies, and that these commodity-oriented sexual communities result in the eroticization of gendered, racialized, and national inequalities. Ergo, BDSM is largely sick, and must be removed to improve societal mores.
>>
Awfully convenient that his patreon gets reported for the content right as certain people are pushing against it. And isn't it interesting how they immediately start crawling out into his blogpost to call for its removal?
>>
>>36956501
Everything's a conspiracy, man. Yesterday I was masturbating on the street and conveniently a cop was right there and all the people pushing against indecent exposure immediately came out of the woodwork.
>>
Oh my god, a conspiracy to apply social norms to a website has SUDDENLY appeared!
>>
>>36956542
>social norms
yes because we're all normal here.
>>
File: portrait.jpg (155 KB, 1656x2047)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>36956542
Surely, nobody could have possibly predicted this happening to a popular website that is used socially by society?
>>
>>36956539
>>36956542
>>36956550
Damn. I guess you're right. It's not like the site's been up for years or something and only suddenly gotten hit right in the middle of certain people calling for certain content's removal. These things are definitely not at all connected.
>>
File: greatandprosperousdprk.jpg (180 KB, 1023x664)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>36956542
Exactly! We need a lot more stories extolling the virtues of our dearest leader and president, and juche socialism in general. Finally somebody who gets it.
>>
>>36956062
Woot didn't pretend to hate nasty stuff, Woot hated Nazi stuff. Be honest here.
>>
>>36954052
>Sad to know BRR doesn't hold the title of most words on a single account.
I dunno, I think kudzu deserves his spot, while BRR is some literally who nobody.
>>
>>36955983
>Patreon is so shit that even Patreon itself switched to Subscribe star
kek
>>
>>36956561
woot DREW nazi stuff, then pretended to hate it when he wanted to crawl in with the woke crowd.
>>
>>36952607
Pharynx is Byte, Derpimod.
Unironically asking for diversity.
>>
>>36956446
>I am sure someone could potentially take up the mantle of handling this side of the fandom's literary output.
That's interesting, though. I wonder if he could open-source the site and let a clone run just for adult stories.
>>
>>36956306
This is the exact thing going on with Derpi and fucking Fimfiction. It worked for them from a transparent jew to more obscure methods of donation.
I hate it.
>>
>>36956306
>most of the staff is doing it >for free
To be fair, most of the moderation staff on fimfic isn't doing anything other than getting jerked off by the user base.
>>
Speaking of Derpi, what are they doing these days since their Patreon went kaput? Did they just switch over to SS successfully?
>>
>>36956638
That and Dogebitmoneycash.
Also throttling me for five minutes whenever I load more than 3 pages, apparently.
https://derpibooru.org/pages/donations
>>
>>36955379
Is Rarity the least flat EQG girl?
>>
File: 1560002963274.png (296 KB, 640x401)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>36956077
I haven't seen any updates in the original place, but I guess that makes sense. He got a bit flankflustered over the "rip fimfic" thread. Apparently people expect discussions on that server to be semi-private even though it has a public invite so anyone can join. (And then they all spent a while wondering who among us might secretly be the infamous hacker known as Four Chan.)
>>
>>36956306
>This whole thing really reminds me of *it*
Wikipedia? Dramatica? 4chan?
>>
File: skirts.png (47 KB, 937x223)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>skirts comes in with this
Based femboy-enjoyer?
>>
File: 1312032984401.png (198 KB, 480x535)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
>>36956657
There are a few people in the Numbers clique who have openly stated they maintain lists of people they suspect post on 4chan. I am certain it is only based on hard evidence and rational deduction.
>>
>>36956678
Considering in the past they've blogged screenshots of conversation about them surprisingly rapidly after the conversation happened, isn't it guaranteed there are a few people in the Numbers clique who post here too?
>>
>>36956684
Either that or they made the posts in the threads themselves to generate attention out of whipped air yes. What I really meant was that if they were going to witchhunt for a leaker from a Discord screencapture then they would just use it as a way to attack people they already do not like.
>>
>>36956678
How upset are you that sites based on the constructive contributions of users have a system to identify them, which so handily obstructs destructive users?
It seems typical for someone suffering from your degree of brain rot to not realize you're using exactly the same system.
"oh, won't you please just stop liking fimfiction and go to AO3"-anon might even realize he's the scorpion on the frog, too bad he doesn't care and can only do one thing.
>>
It looks like a genuine attack on Fimfic from the screeching leftists, imo. They were just bitching about the FedEx shooter and the nazi/foalcon/incest "problem", and we all know how they operate. I hope knights pulls through this alright, he's always struck me as a decent guy.
>>
>>36956707
Anon are you okay?
>>
>>36956676
That is the most neutral, non-committal answer in the whole thread.
Fukken skirts.
>>
>>36956707
I'm genuienly unsure what you're trying to say. Did you have a stroke?
Are you vaguely implying that that anon is upset that fimfiction has accounts? That's the only conclusion I can draw from your post. In that case, meds, because nobody has said or implied anything like that.
>>
>>36956707
how butthurt are you that people can criticize you without you being able to blacklist and banish them?
>>
>>36956658
Furaffinity.
>be a shit coder

>claim to be a war veteran
>get on welfare because bullshit health problems and PTSD
>make furry site generating profits
>buy a house
>site breaks, blame 4chan
>ask for more donations
>be a complete jerk formatting the furry into mainstream shit
>calls self the leader of the fandom despite not being even able to write HTML.
>do everything to look clean banning hate peeches
>ban anyone who knows he helped zoophiles and pedo friends in his fandom trying to get away (Zaush, DangerDoberman...)
He's got cucked by a brony btw.
>>
>>36956707
What the fuck?
>>
>>36956707
>MrNumbersfag can barely string together a coherent thought
Shocking.
>>
File: pronking moonhorse.png (293 KB, 436x517)
293 KB
293 KB PNG
Anyone else's day just been immeasurably improved?
Also, all the songs from this artist remind me of Merlon, who was just such a good pony in DoWaS/FS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vuRfSrsbFA
>>
>>36955379
No, vidya and chronic masturbation are.
>>
>>36955379
Its certainly made me second guess actually putting anything on fimfic
>>
>>36957121
It sounds like fimfic will be jumping to sunstar, desu, so I wouldn't worry about it. As long as knights doesn't cave, and I don't think he will, should be fine
>>
>>36957150
The puritans in the comments are getting their shitters split with downvotes, so I don't think it's likely that they'll win now or ever. There would be far too many people leaving to keep the site financially viable if k-nig banned interspecies porn etc like patreon wants him to
>>
>>36957150
I'll keep my eyes peeled but as it stands it seems like more trouble than its it's worth.
>>
>>36957159
Their gymnastics to that is un fucking real.
>you should ban everything I don't like
>wtf I am getting downvoted but I am the good guy
>obviously the thing I want to ban is the cause of strife so you should double-ban it
>not agreeing with me means I am right
>>
>>36956698
>It looks like a genuine
attack on Fimfic

THIS, RIGHT HERE, IS WHAT PEOPLE SEEM TO FAIL TO UNDERSTAND.

This isn't about leftism. This isn't about being offended. It isn't about fetishes. It is a coordinated attack to silence, censor, and tear apart communities. Identity politics, IE Nazies vs antifa, is just the means to do it.

These leftist you see on fimfic and elsewhere? Most of the don't actually believe this shit. Maybe a handful of them do, but most do not. Most of these people are paid to spread this crap. I bet most of the accounts aren't even owned by the people that originally created them. And if they were they were probably sleepers all along. I suspect it was a mix of both.

People need to learn to say "I don't care" in response to their bullshit and to STOP ENGAGING with them. Don't even discuss them among yourselves. They are not people, and should not be acknowledged as such.

You're in the middle of a war. A psychological war. A war on the mind and the spirit. It is everywhere. There are not and will be no safe spaces.
>>
>>36957189
Edgelord waves edgelord flag spouting conspiracy theories on a Tajik flip-note symposium sub-forum dedicated to decades of advertisements for rainbow -colored pseudo-equids. More news at 11/10 Central.
>>
>>36957081
>Anyone else's day just been immeasurably improved?
Did something happen, or are you just asking if anyone happened to have a good time?
I've had a pretty good afternoon overall, but nothing exceptional happened, just everything working nicely.
>>
File: 1619388188369.png (459 KB, 714x699)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
>>36957189
Calm down schizo and take your mares.
>>
>>36957189
This >>36957212 but unironically. No shame in taking meds.
>>
File: 1617993619995.png (594 KB, 980x1080)
594 KB
594 KB PNG
I would like to announce that this thread is dead and I WILL NOT be making the next one, thank you and have a good day.
>>
>>36957404
I would like to announce that you are already dead.
>>
>>36957404
Oh very well
/fimfic/ used to be one of the few threads where I was always way too lazy to make a new one, but after having my hand forced a few times, I don't mind so much anymore
>>
>>36957404
But that does not mean someone else won’t.
>>
>>36955352
Still up along with all the insults by the way
>>
purple bread
>>36957562
>>36957562
>>36957562
>>
File: 215095.jpg (108 KB, 1280x1188)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
ZECORA'S UNDENIABLY FATTER ZIGGER ASS SHALL BE THE LAST SIGHT THIS THREAD BEARS WITNESS TO.
>>
File: 1619197259165.gif (194 KB, 215x161)
194 KB
194 KB GIF
>>36958641
the thread wasn't even on the last page you unfunny spammer
at least do it right

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.