[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
Flag
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 30 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

A CYOA
Archive: https://www.anonpone.com/landfall/

Aliens have invaded!
But now it's time to bring the fight back to the invaders as you make your final preparations to take back Las Pegasus from the Smooze that the aliens used to cover the city.
You've already managed to save your home town so rescuing ponies from alien mind-control and villains summoned by otherworldly means isn't that new to you. Besides after your (partial defeat) at the changeling reservation and Dusty's domination of the corrupt chief of the mothponies you are more than thirsty for some well deserved vengeance!
Now is the time for your final preparations before your assault on Las Pegasus! Will you convince more of the reclusive moth ponies to help you fight? Can you convince the mothpony warriors to not only teach the other moth ponies the Utter Flutter so they can help fight the Smooze but also fight along side you? Will the mothpony warriors help teach the changelings to do the Utter Flutter as well or will Dusty be alone as he teaches the willing bug-horses!? Will Clever Buttons manage to stop being awkward with the mothponies after being a complete and total recluse for the past year?

This is where our story continues!

Discord Link for this quest: https://discord.gg/a5KQwaw

Inventory: https://pastebin.com/uw4bXSvQ
Extended Move-Set: https://pastebin.com/s4EAHxBf
>>
File: lf564.png (147 KB, 600x600)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>You are Dusty Miller
Running the whole conversation over and over in your head you try to think of something anything that will help convince your fellow mothpony warriors to help.
"I-I mean... mares do like seeing brave warriors that know how to actually fight..."
You consider what you just blurted out for a moment and realize the Changeling Queen here was wrong to try and call them out for not living up to their title. They don't have a choice when it comes to how the tribe used or more accurately didn't use them... Also maybe mentioning mares was a mistake because the tribe seems to be built around mares picking a stallion and forcing him to marry her. It's weird but ignoring how they feel is the wrong way to get them to help.
"Queen Opus, I'm sorry but that was really rude. Every one of us earned this title even if they haven't had to use it!"
>"I-I'm sorry?" Opus puzzles.
"Everypony I'm sorry we don't have more time to talk this over but I really need your help, but even if I don't get it, I'm going to go fight that Smooze and the more ponies that help the better. We need you, the mares, the stallions and the changelings to help. Everypony counts! Please, even if you don't come yourselves or teach the other mothponies because they didn't earn it at least help me teach the changelings. There's a lot of them and I don't think I can teach them all myself."
The other warriors stare at you.
>"Why does Las Pegasus mean so much to you?" Knoll asks.
"My friend Hidden Gem's dad is stuck there. We came all the way out here just to save him. We fought all the way here just to do it and we're still fighting. Just like when Gem helped me save my mom! Also it's the right thing to do. Those ponies need help! right now the whole world needs help. I... Is anypony here at least willing to help me?"
>Barron Knoll steps beside you, "He was willing to take on Anther for us, even though he knew he was getting help from these aliens. We all saw that laser gun and I saw Anther do even more. So I'm with him!"
The other warriors grumble about it for a moment be slowly all agree to take your side.
"So you'll all help?"
>"It's a bad idea to teach everypony the Utter Flutter... But this is just a bad time all around so it'll have to do," Another one of the warriors mentions.
>"So we're doing it?" The third warrior asks.
>"I think it's petty clear we need to," Knoll adds.
"Thank you. thank yo all so much."
>>
File: lf563.png (216 KB, 600x600)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
>You are Clever Buttons
You can feel the tensions rising... you know it. Maybe you're being too academic. You never had to teach grade-schoolers magic before, you're not, or rather weren't that kind of teacher.
"Okay okay, first off I would never use my magic to try to kill another pony especially not by trying to tear out any spines. Also uhh magic, Lets think of it like this."
You pick up a stick and pluck a yucca leaf with your magic and several of the mothponies flinch.
"Um, let's say this stick is mothponies, and this yucca is unicorns..." You pick up a wad of paper littering the ground, "And this is the magic all around us. Now you the stick, " You rip some paper off and wrap it around the stick, "Can only use magic this way, unless you do some special things to help you use it another way," You force the stick to pierce another piece of paper you rip off, "Like potions or magic staffs and stuff, but unicorns like me are just a tiny bit different since we have a staff on our head so we," You tear off a piece of paper and skewer it with the yucca leaf, "Can do this kind of thing a little bit easier without special things to help, be we can't do what you de as easy," You wrap another paper around the yucca leaf but pretend to have trouble with it, "Any questions?"
The moth ponies all look dumbfounded.
Before you can make a bigger fool of yourself. The moth ponies are distracted by a call for any of them willing to learn the Utter Flutter to help fight the Smooze. Many of them go to the lesson with the remainder either simply going home of stopping to gossip with each other.
In the meantime you join Crystal Lattice and Hidden Gem to watch the moth ponies and Changelings learn the Utter Flutter in a big group.

>You are Hidden Gem
Soon after the moth ponies go to learn their Utter Flutter you decide to seek out Crystal, and before you can say much Buttons finds you.
You three mare sit down together in the back of the pick-up to watch the other ponies learn.
>Oddly enough the first to break the ice is Buttons, who says, "Your friend Dusty is really cute."
>"You think so too? Yes! W-when we fist met I was going to try to," Crystal excitedly begins
>"Yeah, "I don't need to know," Buttons interrupts, "I bet he give... nice hugs though..."
"Yeah..."
You can see the bug ponies actually starting to pick up the move incredibly quickly like they were meant to do this Utter Flutter.Actually kind of amazing, but maybe your time should be spent preparing for your upcoming showdown with the Smooze and the Aliens! What final preparations should you make?
Keep in mind your invintory is limited and currently the only pony with an open slot in their pack is Crystal with only one.
Crystal may also brew some potions!
>You currently have 100 Time for potion brewing!
>>
File: crystalwew.png (4 KB, 200x200)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>Time 100

--------Crystal's craftable potions--------

>Cyto-Crash Alpha (4 time) (Used on an opponent) causes rapid biological changes that hinder the enemy.
>Crag (15 time) Makes your body rock like.
>mammoth (30 time) makes you big (And hairy)
>Nightwing (30 time) gives you bat features
>Delve (10 time) Makes you more fish like
>Tangle (10 time) Sprouts vines from the ground
>mist (15 time) makes you into a cloud entity
>Glow Alpha (4 time) Makes target glow
>Prismic (15 time) makes target nearly invisible and 70% harder to hit or 5% if 70% consumes the entire to hit percent. (If 5% no crits are possible)
>Bull's Eye (15 time) Improves accuracy by 60% if up to 100% 15% for crits instead of 5%
>Health potion (6 time) Heals 60 HP
>Magic potion (6 time) Restores 60 points of magic power immediately.
>Cephelo (20 time) Gives target tentacles
>Attraction (40 time) Makes the target like the next person they see a little more (Not Quite a love potion... but Crystal is working on it)
>Alchemist's Fire (20 Time) Explodes and lights things on fire
>Shrink (10 time) Makes you small
>>
>>36885465
I say:
5*Cyto-Crash
1*Mist
1*Attraction
1*Prismic
1*Shrink

Gem should get some kind of backpack and then keep Crystal company while potion-making. Maybe help her out if possible and tease her
>>
>>36885465
1. Bull's Eye
1. mist
1. Alchemist's Fire
1. mammoth
2, magic potions
2. cyto-crash

>>36885460
Buttons: let's see if the moths have any explosives or weapons of any kind in the reservation

Gem: assist with either crystal or buttons if they need the help.
>>
>>36885465
Considering how many potions we already have between us, I think we should just make a mess of healing potions so the moths and changelings can have some healing. With one cyto-crash, we can make 16 healing potions. Weren't healing potions 3 use?
>>
>>36885460
Maybe after we save Las Pegasus, you should go an ask him for special hugs.
>inb4 pony herd

1 prismatic, 1 Bulls eye, 5 Cyto-Crash Alpha
The. Bulls eye will be really useful for Crystal if and when she can ORA ORA ORA ORA. Especially the crit chance booster. Image you guys.
>>
>>36885465
>Crystal
Try to be more social. Attempt to talk academics with Button ablut potions and magic. Sluttery can cum later my four eyed friend.
>100 time
>Bull's Eye -(15 time) x2
>Prismic -(15 time) x 2
>Nightwing -(30 time)
>Tangle (10 time)
Bullseye will go great with Crystal's Flurry Strike move, as she'll only stop once she misses. In this case, after she takes the potion, she'll only stop once she critically fails, and by then she would had probably score a few crit successes. This is key for if and when we need her to fight a god awfully large robot with high HP. Could with the Nightwing potion for mobility, and the Prismic potion for decreased likelyhood of being hit, she can probably go fucking sicko mode. Tangle will also be important for if we want to hinder a target to make it easier to gank them, i.e. a negative status effect for them.

>Gem
Is your fancy rock happy yet? Wheres your super glue filly

>Button
Contemplate legality and morality in regards to fucking a colt during the end of the world. He's cute, strong, and capable for his age, but should you really?

>Dusty
Be pride of what you've accomplished. You're officially a stallion by your tribe's standard. Your distant ancestor is vaguely satisfied with your progress, and you'll get to show off your cool tattoos at school later when the invasion is over. Go ahead and use Observe on the staff one last time, and ask Gnoll if he things reciting what Anther said back at the gust totem place would give e you the same powers.

>>36885558
We already have plenty of Cyto-Crash Alpha's and can only carry so many things at a time. We should invest some time in finding tactical vests or bandoleers when the opportunity arises.

>>36885673
I think we already have a mist potion. Yeah, Crystal has one in her inventory.
In regards to explosives in the moth reservation: the gas station
>1 empty bottle
>1 rag
>some petroleum/diesel/gasoline
>1 lighter
Commit war crimes with molotovs.

>>36885852
Take into consideration that some food items heal more than a healing potion. Other people can carry their own food, we dont nessassarily need to make potions for them.
>>
>>36886077
I remember the last and possibly only healing potion we had healing a total of 180 point divided across two uses.
>>
>>36886101
I dont recall that ever happening. Go ahead and share that sauce if you can find it.
>>
>>36885465
>100 time
I don't.. what... we're full. Our inventories can hold like one more item and we already have that item rattling around in the truck (the gun).

Ok, if we are going to make things here, they have to be simple, easy to use, easy to distribute. That means no advanced transformations. We don't really need to make single units more combat effective, we are better off keeping our units in working order. This is also a rescue op, so we have extra reason to want hp.

I'm saying make hp and like 2 mp.
2mp = 12 time used 88 remain.
Our enemies are a jetpack gun girl, a mind control robot, and goo. Smooze doesn't like the sun, which means that heat light or smoke are a problem. I am uncertain of how good alchemist's fire is in this situation, since it is liquid, but we may still need to use this item to take out our own controlled allies.
-20 time
Prisimic is absurd, and exactly what we might need to ddeal with strong shots soon. However, I suspect a robot and a visor'd alien may be immune to it.
-15 time 53 remaining
8 hp = - 48 time 5 remaining
use remaining time on 1 cyto
>>
>>36886160
Looks like I was mistaken. We made one and purchased one. They were both named the same thing despite having two different healing values.
>>
>>36886160
On a side note, the only food items that outdo health potions, that are listed, are the cheesy sandwich and percentage based items.
>>
>>36886201
I think alchemist fire is essentially movie gasoline. You know, the exploding cars and fuel trails that can be lit by damn near anything.
>>
>>36885455
oh shit I remember this CYOA. I Need to catch up.
>>
File: 1607733316810.gif (193 KB, 380x380)
193 KB
193 KB GIF
>>36886201
>simple, easy to use, easy to distribute.
essentially anything Crystal can make and everything listed in the crafting list.

>I am uncertain of how good alchemist's fire is in this situation, since it is liquid, but we may still need to use this item to take out our own controlled allies.
Just use gas.

>>36886285
Think they might have cheese sandwishes and pudding cups in the gas station?
>>
>>36886382
We could ask. Shouldn't burn any of our time to see if they're gonna be supplied.
>>
>>36886438
Ballin. I wish we didn't lose all our bits in the car. Hopefully they accept trades.
>>
>>36886451
Speaking of, does anyone think Crystals car got totaled when it was side-swiped by the Smooze?
>>
>>36886466
Possibly? Hopefully she has insurance. Maybe her car is unscathed.
>>
>>36885460
Throwing this out there to the crowd: kissing mind controlled ponies might break the mind affect on them. If they manage to lay in a kiss on their lips then it should work. Probably.
>>
>>36885460
Dusty explain how the mind control works and have Gem kiss us as a demonstration on how to break the mind control
>>
>>36887701
Theres no real point to that since we dont have a functioning mind control device, nor a moth pony that is currently crazy as far as I can tell.
>>
>>36888075
if that robot shows up or the mind controled changelings show up. knowing how to break the control will be important.
>>
>>36888113
It doesnt take much know how to know you gotta kiss someone on the libs.
>>
>>36885460
Gem: Perhaps we could use our cutie-mark talent to find any more clues or info hidden in the reservation about the aliens.
>>
>>36885460
agree and tell buttons that dusty does give great hugs. he's really soft.
>>
>>36889549
>>36885465
Wait until he takes the mammoth potion. He gets really fluffy.

Crystal should contemplate a different kind of potion when she has the time. Instead of a love potion, why not make an aging potion? Can she image what Dusty would be like when he's a decade older?
>bigger muscles
>bigger antennas
>bigger chest fluff
>bigger everything
Who needs a love potion when you can make minors physically legal to bone?
>>
File: lf565.png (169 KB, 600x600)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>36885558
>>36885673
>>36885990
>>36886077
>>36886201
>>36886382
>>36886798
>>36889549
>>36889002
>>36889667

>You are Hidden Gem
With a sly smile you mention, "Dusty does give some pretty good hugs. He's really soft... But you shouldn't tell him that, he gets shy about it. Also I guess he's a warrior now.which is super cool."
>"Uh, Y-yeah." Buttons stutters as if being broken from deep thought.
>Crystal chimes in, "Miss Buttons? Yes, I uhh, can say he is very, good at hugging, yes. Also he is very good at making the love, when"
>"Whoa whoa," Buttons interrupts, "That's a lot more than I need to know right now."
>"Oh, well I. Yes. Would? I can make some of the potions, yes. W-would you be interested to uhh see?"
>Buttons looks at you as if searching for answers, "You know what? Sure. Why don't we talk about potions instead.
Crystal excitedly leads the two of you to another truck which seems to have some equipment in it. After finding a good place to fold out a table and plug in a hot plate Crystal begins talking through her process and working frantically before she gets a bit too absorbed in her work and falls silent.
After a bit of watching you finally decide.
"Crystal I think I'm going to go look around,"
>"Yes yes, this is fine. Yes."
>"I think I'll go with her," Buttons mentions before the two of you wander off.
As you make your way through the mothpony village you see something partially buried in the ground. You dig it up and find a nice compass!
>"That's a neat find. It's not every day you just come across stuff like that," Buttons compliments.
"Well I actually find stuff like this all the time. It's actually how I got this cutie-mark I usually collect stuff like this and my mom tells me I should keep it all outside because it's dirty. I've found all kinds of stuff though. Lost video games, a working CD player, some cool tapes, lots of baseballs and lacrosse balls action figures. My dad calls me a scavenger, I just like look at the ground and find things."
>"Really?" Buttons reflects, "That doesn't happen that often for me. Maybe it's because I wear glasses."
"Maybe you're just not looking for cools stuff?"

>Both of your packs are in the truck currently
You sling the compass around you neck for now.

The two of you find a gas station and search inside in case they have any useful food.
You find:
Fruit taffy 2 bits
Cookie 1 bit
Cheese Stick 2 bits
Soda 3 bits
carrot 1 bit
Bottle of water 2 bits
40oz malt liquor 5 bits
Nachos 5 bits

There are other tings in the store but you may need to narrow down what kinds of things you're looking for.

>You are Crystal Lattice and after losing yourself in the brewing of potions you manage to make
Cyto-Crash Alpha x4
mist x1
Prismic x1
Bull's Eye x1
Magic potion x2
Health potion x4

It's only now that you realize that you really don't have room for this all in your bag, but you can leave it in the changeling's truck for now.
>>
File: lf566.png (135 KB, 600x600)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>You are Dusty Miller
After a fair bit of hard work you're beginning to see most of the mothponies and changeling's get the Utter Flutter down. The ones who figure it out thankfully helping to teach the others. Seeing that the lesson for this all is nearly over you take a little pride in all you have done here. If you never came here you can't imagine how long they all would have been stuck like they were. Seeing the end near you remember the mind control and begin making it a point to warn every pony about it and make sure they know that you can cure it by simply kissing the affected pony on the lips!

>You are Clever Buttons
Although you're spending time with Gem, that Crystal mare has you distracted in a way, more accurately the way she talked about that colt has you distracted.
It has been a while since you've had strange feelings like this. a little lightness in your chest. Maybe this whole messed up situation is getting to you.
The school you worked at was closed when that other teacher was caught with a colt like him, doing very immoral things and though it makes you uncomfortable you feel a sort of, you're not sure when a kind looking colt like him come along. But you know she said that she tried to rape both of these foals when they met. You know just from what you've been told that she's succeeded, and you feel about it. Something intense exciting and disgusting all at the same time. Why? Why is talking to that weird mare so, provocative? Is it because she kissed you? That was very sudden and unwanted. You can only imagine it must have been the same for these foals. They don't need that. They need kindness... even though you did admittedly end up fighting one... and losing...
>>
>>36890026
That or you're just aroused by traumatic things now after the nastiness on the island. Pretty common, even.
Long as consent is given you could probably get pretty wild with that
>>
>>36890023
Gem: Share the story of how you got your CM. Ponies love that.

Crystal: Ask around to see if the moths have any chemists among them. Maybe you could learn some cool moth potions.

>>36890026
Dusty: I want Dusty to give a live demonstration of how to quickly grapple and smooch a foe mid-combat. I want it very much, but it doesn't seem reasonable given the circumstance. Instead ask if anybug has any questions.

Buttons: It's not fair that that other mare gets to satisfy herself while you don't! You've been nothing but concerned with others while this mare is concerned only with fulfilling her own licentiousness. Disgusting, not to mention unfair. She probably forced herself on those foals the same way she tried to with you, and they were too weak to fend her off. Of course, just one of the foals in question did top you in a fight... Maybe they wanted it? Bah! If they did it was no-doubt because of that that lecherous whorse. Look at her, oozing that subtle, manipulative charisma. Mocking you with her smug, I-fuck'n'corrupt-inocent-attractive-foals-and-you-don't aura. You should give her a piece of your mind the next time you see her. Really eat her out! Even if you can't definitively show her who's boss after losing to the kid, you can at least show her she can't get away with just anything! it's not fair that she illicitly indulges herself while you show respect and restraint. Make that clear! And take her glasses while you're at it, she can have them back once you're satisfied that she's learned her lesson!
>>
>>36890026
>Button
Bury the thought for now. You can meditate on your predicament after Las Pegasus has been dealt with. For now comment more on Gem's scavenging habits. Perhaps it has something to do with her cutie mark. Although they never have to dominate a pony's whole existence, a cutiemark is an ingrained aspect of what makes a pony a pony. Like how Gem is good at finding things, or how Crystal is good at making potions, or how Dusty is a surprisingly good fighter, and how you're a teacher.
>All these speed loaders
To be honest, you don't need these many. What you need is a small ammo box. See if there's a small enough box in the gas station you can empty out to fit 24 bullets in. Dump 4 speed loaders in exchange for a small box. That'll free up three inventory spaces for Button. Take two magic potions from Crystal, and 1 soda.

>Gem
Clean up your compass a bit. See if it's still functioning. Is there any neat engravings in the back, or can it open up because it also doubles as a locket? The mysteries are bountiful!
Maybe you can try using your super power to find medical supplies in the gas station, or survival stuff. Ask a Moth pony if they can help us make something more dangerous than a crowbar with razorblades attached to it. Perhaps You can find a roll of duct tape to wrap around the handle part of the crowbar to make it easier for you to swing (increased damage, accuracy, or chance to parry?)
Be a responsible filly and make a list of all the food in the store, and put it in the truck for later consumption.

>Dusty
Observe the Energy Auto-Cannon. The more we observe it, the more likely we are to discover it's many hidden secrets. If it was not a single use item, perhaps down the like we'll be able to figure out how the weapon functions, like if it works like a normal gun and it's just out of "ammo." In video games, alien blasters have power cells to replace the spent ones, or they recharge on their own like the powerful monolaser.
Check and see if Anther has awakened yet or not.
Give the Nailed Bat to Crystal, Dump the Like 6 Croutons in the truck, grab 1 nachos.

>Crystal
FUCK Look at all that food. We have way too many Cyto-Crash Alpha's. Those things only work on biological targets, it says nothing about working on mechanical ones like the robots.
Dump 1 -Cyto-Crash Alpha and the Crag potion in the truck. Take the Prismic and Bull's Eye potion. We're gonna make Crystal into a Badass.
>>
>>36890740
>smooch a foe mid-combat.
Fuck off Tenebris, you thirst poster.
>>
>>36890026
>crystal
>Wait, where did my hour go, yes?
So, we can throw ourselves back into contact with strangers who we have almost nothing in common with, or we can just not. We could just not do that, and maybe sit here, or sit in the shade. Weren't we in the middle of trying to share a hobby with buttons? We didn't do that very well. We didn't even fail, we just sort of lost interest in her.
Maybe we aren't that interested, actually? Maybe we just don't know how to interface. At least we tried. It is relax time.

>buttons
>owo I just don't know 'bout dat mof boi
Adulthood is a complicated topic in the first place. It's one of those traits that, on its own, is incredibly simple to define and understand in objective terms. We just ALSO attach boatloads of unnecessary assumptions about people to these kinds of traits, which makes it harder to engage directly with reality as it is. You don't have to figure out what gem is or what she deserves or what she can handle in order to know what you want, and it sounds like you want to protec.
Don't blame it on them being foals or sweet or victims or strong or weak. Just let it be, and be it.

>owo I just don't know about that walking slime mare
This one is a bit more concerning.
It's pretty clear that you're filling in events with your own assumptions, and you're directly avoiding the information that would let you engage directly. This isn't really about crystal. So, you aren't going to reach an answer on crystal as long as you are using her as a symbol like this. It's fine. She can handle a bit more- un-person-ing. This is mostly about how you want to react to being charmed by colts, and we can settle for simply enjoying hugs and smiles, for now. Maybe just keep associating the idea of lust itself with this mare and see how that one turns out.
>>
>>36890026
>>36890827
Aye that's a Crystal Clear point. If Crystal wants to be a slightly more socially accepted mare for the future, she'll need to tone her autism down a bit. A little self reflecting can't hurt, right? Maybe pay attention to people's eyes and faces to see if they're still following along, maybe try changing topics when they grow bored, maybe ask something about them so you seem interested in what they're interested in attempt to find common ground.

Hows that bottom bitch mare doing bath? She sobered up yet?
>>
>>36890026
https://youtu.be/GbbBSblfQ_A
Some goofie ideas. So the rifle is some sporting hunting rifle and the revolver Button has is a double action one? I had this idea of her "fanning the hammer" with it, but I think that's more relevant with single action revolvers. I could be wrong. Maybe she could practice fanning !the hammer and emptying her revolver, before pulling out a speed loader for some fresh new bullets.
I also wonder if Button could improve her quick draw reflexes
>>
>>36890827
At this rate Buttons and Crystal's relationship in going to be one long projection by Buttons of all her unacceptable or uncomfortable desires and actions onto Crystal, who will only stammer a bit and likely agree with the stronger personality rather than argue back.

>>36890842
looking at people's eyes is overrated and unnecessary. I never did and I turned out fine-OH WAIT Instead she should ask directly if people are still interested or able to follow what she is saying, yes.
>>
>>36890026
ask Buttons about her talent.
>>
>>36890026
>WHAT IS STOPPING BUTTON FROM DUEL WIELDING HER GUNS
>SHE IS NOT LIMITED TO THE WEAKNESS OF LIMBS
>WE SHALL HAIL DOWN A RAIN OF RIGHTIOUS LED UPON OUR ENEMIES

>>36891564
>looking at people's eyes is overrated and unnecessary.
Which makes it all the more likely for Crystalcto do. Hilarity ensues.
>>
File: 20210421_120750.png (174 KB, 600x600)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>36892517
Fixed
>>
>>36890026
anything special on the compass?
>>
Bamp, gotta read this tomorrow when I have time.
>>
Hidden gem inventory space = none
Button's inventory space = none

Hidden gem, equip necklace of navigation

Hidden gem has 3 healing items, 2 defensive transformations, 2 offensive transformations, and 7 damaging throwables.
Give the mammoth potion to buttons and make buttons carry around one of her speed loaders in her telekinesis.

Hidden gem, + compass - mammoth
Butons -speedloader + mammoth
Buttons tk + speedloader
Move speedloader to the car.

Obviously do not buy anything from the gas station, as we have no money outside of our car which is in the smooze. Crystal lattuce: consider a 40oz malt liquor.

>1 bit carots
Jesus, how do we make money.
>>
>>36893817
Defeat enemies, looting, turn in bounties
>>
>>36890023
Can we sell/trade some of our stuff for bits so we can buy some of the stuff at the gas station?
>Nailed Bat
>Cyto-Crash Alpha x4
We could buy a shit ton of carrots with all that.
>>
>>36894018
We can probably get bits from Opus if we ask.
>>
>>36894224
I sort of feel like we've taken more than enough from her. I also want our allies to be able to use our weapons unrestricted. We could settle for pickpocketing everyone we rescue from the smooze?
>>
File: Move.png (209 KB, 600x600)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
Hey, I am having way too much trouble trying to stay awake tonight so no update...
>>
>>36894459
>no update
>however, CAR MARE
yes
>>
>>36894459
cute! maybe this could be a future titlecard.
>>
>>36894459
what type of car is that one?
>>
>>36890026
Dusty should ask if any of the moths have any questions.
>>
File: 1970-Gremlin-787x1024.png (1.62 MB, 787x1024)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>>36896383
>>
>>36894459
Cutie mare
>>
File: lf567.png (178 KB, 600x600)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>36890137
>>36890740
>>36890747
>>36890827
>>36893164
>>36894018

>You are Clever Buttons
>Gem trots up to the counter at the store and asks, "Excuse me Ma'am can I sell some stuff I've found here?"
>The clerk mare stares down at the filly from her romance novel, "We sell things, we don't buy things," before turning back to her book.
>Gem turns back to you, "Darn. Hey we might have some more time to look around, do you wanna look for more stuff?"
"Yeah, sure"
As the two of you wander off you think more deeply about the strange feelings you just had for this colt. Sure you're blaming most of this on that greasy mare, but are you being fair about this? Maybe you feel a bit like the same kind of mares taking advantage of innocent colts like that have been following you around ever since you lost your teaching job because at least two other teachers at that school were doing the same thing. With that place on your resume you can't even apply for a tutor job anymore, at least until time finally manages to erase it from memory. Maybe that willingness to protect these foals from the admitted pedophile is pursued more zealous than you should in what could be the end of the world.
Another though hits you. Perhaps those feelings you're having have more to do with the mental scars from that island. Freshly Squeezed did give you that kiss before the aliens ended her. You still think about her, despite not knowing her too long. sometimes you have dreams, erotic dreams with her. Maybe the thrill of the fight has you messed up in the head, but if that's the case why your aversion to Gem and Crystal? Maybe because that moth hasn't come onto you, yet. So fare the filly and mare have both been explicit while the colt holds a certain, innocence to him in your mind.
>"There's a radioactive symbol on this compass." Gem announces, "I think it still works, but I don't know where north is"
You look down at Gem's compass and see she has it closed and hanging around her neck.
"So, how did you get your cutie-mark?"
>"I found a stuffed animal in the weeds. I brought him him washed him off and called him Elephanto, because he's an elephant."
"I see"
Shortly after Gem finds a big light that seems to be discarded, followed by an action figure a wrench and finally a loose bit!
It's amazing what kind of things she's picking up, though most of it is only sort of useful she seems to enjoy everything she finds.

>You are Dust Miller
You finally finish teaching everypony who volunteered to do the Utter Flutter your army begins to prepare to mobilize.
Are you load your things on the truck you find Crystal's saddle bag on you take some time to observe the auto-cannon You can't see a way to reload it. Other than the business end and the hoof hole you don't see any other openings. only some strange screws holding it together that look like a Y instead of a +. You look for your friends.
>>
File: lf568.png (89 KB, 600x600)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>You are Crystal Lattice
Wondering where all your time went, you shake yourself from your potion making trance.
That's when it hits you. You chased them off. All you had to do is keep talking to Gem and Buttons but you let your fun making potions distract you from ponies willing to let you try being their friend! Do you even really like them, or just the attention? You feel sick, how could you let your selfishness push other ponies away like that? You're horrible.
Feeling a void in your chest you decide that if you can only be useful for potions, maybe you could find somepony in town who would help you learn some moth pony alchemy.
After asking around though, you quickly learn that most mothponies down want to talk to an earthpony. Maybe they just don't want to talk to you.
You feel like a parasite, nopony wants you around but just due to the circumstances they can't get rid of you.
>"Hey Crystal!" a failure voice rings out.
"Dusty?"
>Dusty trots up to you, "We're all done, and I'm ready to tell you all about what happened here in the ride to Las Pegasus! Where's Gem?"
"She's uhh, taking a walk with the new mare we met, Clever Buttons. Yes."
>"Oh, well we're all about to go, so we should find them. Is Clever a nice mare?"

>Dusty Drops the Croutons and gives the Nailed Bat to Crystal
>Crystal trades out Cyto Crash and Crag for Prismic and Bull's Eye
>Buttons will store one speed loader.

Last chance to organize items before heading to Las Pegasus

Current open inventory space
Gem 0/15
Dusty 2/15
Crystal 0/20
Button 2/15
>>
>>36898950
>Gem
Fucking kek, buy a carrot and give it to Button

>Crystal & Dusty
Hang out. Crystal seems in the dumps and could use a big strong colt to keep her safe. Why not talk about your favorite shows when you were foals. What's Dusty's favorite show? What was Crystal's when she was a filly?
You got this Crystal. Work your way up from holding a conversation with a foal, then to Button. Practice makes perfect.

>Button
Clean your guns, practice aiming, practice relading your firearms. We need to make sure these robot bastards dont do to everyone what they did to Freshly Squeeze

>Disty
Punch your pillow. That slut Daisy Dukes stole your coltfriend!
>>
>>36898950
Will Opus's truck be included in the inventory pastebin?

Give Opus and Button a healing potion each.
Give a healing potion to Opus.
>>
>>36898950
Let's do some last minute stretching people. Gotta limber up before the all out brawl.
>>
>>36898946
>"There's a radioactive symbol on this compass." Gem announces, "I think it still works, but I don't know where north is"
This is interesting. I dont know if this is junk, or it has some use. There has to be a painted needle on it. Walk around and see if the needler will lead you anywhere.

In getting some S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vibes.
>>
>>36898946
>"There's a radioactive symbol on this compass."
So, does that mean it has the radioactive glow in the dark paint?
>>
>>36899212
We could check by entering a dark room. I'm really hoping that this compass has cool feature.

>>36898946
Dusty should ask around for a Y shaped screwdriver. If no one has one, check the gas station. If they dont have one, just dump the gun in the truck for now until we hit up a Home Depor in Las Pegasus.
>>
>>36898950
If Button holds the revolver sideways, would that make her more accurate?
>>
>>36898946
>some strange screws holding it together that look like a Y instead of a +
The face of evil

>crystal being 4 times as hard on herself as we were, tries way to hard
Yeah, that figures.

>inventories
I feel like we need to know what the mechanics of potions actually are before we go making decisions.

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/29363862/#q29450573
Hey Crystal, how long does Dusty's potion last?"
>"---... perhaps the potion will last from 45 minutes to an hour longer? Yes? It was a weak one.... ---"

Original Mammoth potion was a mammoth potion quality -1. We don't know if our current potion is quality 1-, but it is implied that the difference is in potion effect duration. a -1 potion is like 50min to 70 min or something.

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/29363862/#q29467871
>"Gem I've been looking but, that potion did something to my eyes. I can't see as good."
"---Well those machines are probably evil, so you should toss a boulder at em. ---"
---
Dusty learned mammoth toss 50 + higher weight (70% - weight modifier)

Mammoth gives an extra move option and a vision debuff. A move was learned by direct suggestion.

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/29283914/#q29350110
"Crystal, does your mist potion make it so I can use whoever takes it like a normal cloud?"
>"Y-yes, I think so!"

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/29867620/#29868366
>Dusty tries to observe the animate trees but the transformation potion has hindered his eyes. In frustration, Dusty gallops over to the tree he just tossed and begins stomping on it dealing 40 damage.
observe is non-functional

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/29867620/#q29867909
>As Dusty is being held still the Meteor monster pulls out a ray gun and manages to fire at the mammoth moth pony normally dealing 50 damage but due to the effects of the mammoth potion only suffers the loss of 25.

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/29895824/#q29896166
She drinks crag potion here. She is crag for 29896467 29903085 29903539 29909886 29910273 29916634 29916915 29924343 29932849 29933201 and then drinks a mist potion in https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/29895824/#q29973374 after about 8 posts. You can take one transform potion after another.

>Dusty interrupts "Guys!? My stomach hurts...."

>"It's all..."Crystal is cut off by Dusty screaming.
>You look over and see a shrinking Dusty being engulfed by his own hair.
"Dusty! Are you okay!"
>"It's itchy!"
>"I will get him! Yes." Crystal announces.
>You look over at the machine as Crystal climbs into the giant pile of hair.

Remember that dusty had to be rescued from this transformation and was useless for 2~3 posts.

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/29895824/#q30004508
>"Ugh, remind me to be using higher quality ingredients. I feel potion hangover coming with a vengeance yes."
>>
>>36899342

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/30576982/#q30577348
"We'll wait up here Crystal. By the way, do you have anything that helps with potion hangover?"
"Yes, but I do not suppose you have honeycomb... Yes?"
"No, that's pretty weird? Where do you even buy honeycomb?"

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/30576982/#q30630193
>"This nightwing one? If it is longer than the last one 6 hours. Yes."

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/30576982/#q30677334
>Damn, now that you think of it, your are going to be all kinds of sick when this potion wears off. This is not your best batch.

In summary, there appears to be no limitation on back-to-back transformation. Potion-sickness appears to be a result of impurity buildup, and should be lesser if the potion is made from higher quality materials. I could swear crystal once described what happens if you drink a transformation potion mid-transformation, but I didn't find it. Transformations, even short ones, actually last a fairly long time. A bad bat potioin lasted 6 hours. A bad mammoth potion lasted 1 hour or so. A crag potion of unknown quality lasted between 50 minutes and 1.5 hours. A mist potion of unknown quality lasted like 30 minutes it seemed but that isn't confirmed. It is implied that he crag potion, which caused little to no sickness, was high quality, though that may only apply tot he ingredients used and not the potion itself.

Every character needs an item that works as an escape. Gem and dusty can already fly, so this is less true for them.
Dealing with actual inventory management next post
>>
So, kind of important question. Did we... did we leave the smooze potion and the professor back at the changeling base?
>>
>>36898950
Have Gem put 1 Roman Candle and 1 M80 in the truck, and replace it with a cloud in a bottle, Clouds will allow Gem to utilize Static charge (Interrupt enemy attack, Must obtain cloud first) accuracy 70%. That'll be helpful against powerful foes. Bonus points if we can get two clouds. If there are no clouds to be collected, keep inventory as is.

>Dusty
>-Kiss 60% (opponent loses a turn) 20% (Inflict Charm on target)
I just noticed if Dusty drinks the Bull's Eye potion, he'll be a fantastic kisser unless I'm misinterpreting the potion's use. Imagine stun locking a guy with smooches.

>>36899453
Don't know. You gonna check?
>>
>>36899453
I checked. The professor is resting or something back at the Changeling Reservation. The potion is maybe more or less finished?
>>
>>36899461
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/35557251/#q35590452
Well, here is the last mention of an incomplete potion.
>"Well, since all we have left to do is let it cool for 3 hours, I think I'm going to get some sleep..."

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/35557251/#q35595665
Here, crystal leaves the professor to sleep and then wanders off to grab potion books.

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/35557251/#q35662416
Here is the post where everyone starts loading into the car. Notably, changelings are directing this. Gem and buttons find Crystal being a nerd in the library in the previous post.

Reading until the caravan arrives at the moth reservation, there is no mention of a container of anti-smooze potion.

However, this doesn't mean that there isn't one. There were a number of changelings helping the professor out. They were more invested in the project than crystal.

> "By the way, what's a strip show?"
> >"It uhh," The changelings call something out and buttons turns to look at them, "Looks like I have to get in the truck, We'll talk after this."

The way I figure, there is like a 50/50 chance that the changelings, following the command to mobilize, bothered to grab the canister of cooling potion. If, however, they DIDN'T, we can use the crack in reality in the basement to potentially get the changelings remaining at home to deliver the potion to a point halfway between here and the changeling hive, potentially letting the professor come along if he is awake from his nap yet.

Lastly, what time actually is it because we need to get there while there is plenty of sunlight left.
>>
>>36898950
We have fourty something bits left in the car back in Las Pegasus. Is Knoll willing to take an IOU and fill up ten bits worth of gas into a gas canister for us, until we pay him back when we save the city?
>>
Total inventory space: gem: 15 dusty: 15 crystal: 20 buttons: 16

Gem
>Crowbar with razor blades taped on (+12)
>Compass
-cheesy green sandwich
-Cheese stick
-health potion
-Cephelo (Gives target tentacles)
-mammoth (makes you big And hairy)
-Cyto-Crash Alpha
-Cyto-Crash Alpha
-Shrink (Makes you small)
-Smoke Bomb
-M80
-Roman candle
-big light
-three quarter inch box end wrench
-

Dusty
>staff of will (+30)(Special, builds energy for each defeated enemy on opposing side dealing an extra 5 damage per knock-out)
>Shin Guards
-cheesy green sandwich
-health potion
-Crag (Turns you more rocky)
-Prismic
-Cyto-Crash Alpha
-Cyto-Crash Alpha
-Tangle (Sprouts vines from the ground)
-Smoke Bomb
-Alchemist's Fire (Explodes and lights things on fire)
-M80
-Roman candle
-walkie talkie
-
-

Crystal
-nail bat (+10)
-Ray gun (50)
-cheesy green sandwich
-health potion
-carrot
-mammoth (makes you big (And woolly)
-mist (makes you into a cloud entity)
-Bull's Eye
-Cyto-Crash Alpha
-Cyto-Crash Alpha
-Tangle (Sprouts vines from the ground)
-Smoke Bomb
-Alchemist's Fire (Explodes and lights things on fire)
-M80
-walkie talkie
-
-
-
-
-
-
>>
Buttons
-revolver (6 rounds)
-rifle (7 rounds)
-Revolver speedloader (6 rounds)
-Rifle magazine (15 rounds)
-Rifle magazine (15 rounds)
-Survival knife (with survival supplies inside)
-magic Potion (+60MP)
-health potion
-cheesy green sandwich
-Crag (Makes your body rock like)
-Nightwing
-Pudding cup +75% Max life

>truck
-Nightwing (gives you bat features)
-Mist (makes you into a cloud entity)
-mist (makes you into a cloud entity)
-Magic potion x2
-cheesy green sandwich
-Cyto-Crash Alpha X3 (causes rapid biological changes that hinder the enemy)5 turns
-MRE
-Floom Extract
-Delve (Makes you more fish like)
-Notebook & Pen
-lock picking set
-Professor's map
-butt plug
-vibrator
-vibrating egg
-Energy Auto-cannon (6 shot volley of 250 damage energy-balls w/ knock-back) 0/12 Volleys [Note out of charge]
-Major Mule action figure
-1 loose bit

BUT ALSO
gem: very proudly inform the gas station pony that you are a treasure finder and buy that carrot and put it in your personal inventory
BUT ALSO
Just put the light in the truck if it doesn't turn on or isn't handheld or whatever.
BUT ALSO
Crystal: as you place the floom extract in the car, suddenly realize that you don't know where the drying potion is currently and that this is a problem you should go ask Opus about

>Dusty Drops the Croutons and gives the Nailed Bat to Crystal
.. wait what where are they? Those belong in crystal's inventory. They are perfect as survivor snacks right now. No, I don't care if they have dirt in them. Gem, use your talent.

Gem: think about loosening the bolts on the robot yes yes
>>
BUT ALSO
crystal pick up an extra mist potion, a magic potion, and the last cheesy green.

and a side of fries
>>
>>36898946
Buttons: Play with the idea of innocent colt energy in our mind. What about it appeals to us? The idea of protecting it? The idea of messing it up? But gosh that filly is cute too! appreciate her as well.

Dusty: Tell Crystal that Buttons is nice, even if a bit strange. Kind of like Crystal herself. Ask around for a triwing screwdriver.

Crystal: Resolve to get Buttons to like you somehow, because if ponies don't like you, what then?
>>
>>36899700
My only grip against this is that Crystal should keep her lewd toys in her, and that the 1 bit should be used to buy the carrot.
>>
>>36898946
Buttons: Tell Gem about your cutie mark.
>>
>>36898950
Crystal: Tell Dusty that she seems okay but rather uh... stressed. yes.
>>
>>36898950
Dusty: Before we leave let's talk to the moth mare we met and tell her everything that happened. See if she's okay. maybe invite her to come with us.
>>
>>36898950
>After asking around though, you quickly learn that most mothponies down want to talk to an earthpony. Maybe they just don't want to talk to you.
>You feel like a parasite, nopony wants you around but just due to the circumstances they can't get rid of you.
>>"Hey Crystal!" a failure voice rings out.
>"Dusty?"

Stop that Crystal, self-hating is not going to help you self-improve.
>>
>>36902975
>>36898950
+1
Crystal needs a hug, and Dusty's the right pony to do it. He gives the best hugs after all.
>>
>>36898946
hug crystal dusty.
>>
>>36898950
Hugs are required
>>
>>36898950
Another vote for hugs
>>
>>36898950
hug crystal and tell her we are glad to have her around. ask how are the potions coming?
>>
bump
>>
>>36909573
>>
>>36898946
I wish Freshly Squeezed was still around to face this situation together with the others.
>>
>>36910989
I believe that it may be possible to resurrect her with the aliens' reality warping tech. But we'd have to abandon the "blow things up and ask questions later" stance.
>>
>>36910989
>>36911016
However small the chance might be, I believe it's possible to resurrect Freshly Squeezed. We must be ever vigilant for more alien technologies, like the thing that brought the Totem thing from Shooting Star into this quest.
>>
File: lf569.png (172 KB, 600x600)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>36899453
It's in Crystal's bag
>>36899102
>>36899128
>>36899190
>>36899293
>>36899461
>>36900643
>>36901989
>>36902975
>>36902976
>>36903024
>>36903035
>>36903064
>>36903305
>>36903657
>>36904200

>You are Hidden Gem
You wander around a bit seeing if the compass is pointing to anything special... unfortunately it only seems to be pointing in the direction you think is North.
"So Buttons, I told you about my cutie-mark, What about yours?"
>"I'm good at using calculators."
"... That's it?"
>"Well when I was young I looked ahead in a text book and learned about square roots, then I saw a button with the same symbol on it, and after I figured out how that button worked I one of the foals in my class noticed I had my cutie-mark.
"Oh."
>"It's, kind of boring. I know."
"It's not that boring."
>"You don't need to make me feel better about it."

>You are Dusty Miller
>"Buttons, she is... has lots to think about, yes? I feel she is nice when she is not so stressed Yes," Crystal Explains.
Looking at Crystal she seems to look a bit in the dumps. Like something is making her ashamed.
You smile at her and jump up to give her a hug. After the initial surprise Crystal throws a hoof around you.
"I missed all of you, Crystal."
>"I... Very much missed you too. Yes."
After a short hug the two of you ask around about finding that weird screw drive but nobody in town has one. Not even the store.
After fruitlessly looking for a tool to open the alien auto-cannon, you manage to spot Gem and that unicorn wandering around.

>You are Clever Buttons
Dusty and Crystal come trotting up.
>Dusty shouts, "GEM!" as he makes his way to the Filly you've been spending time with and giving her a hug.
Now seeing that colt again, you begin feeling the same way again. You want him near you but you're not sure why. You hope it's a protection instinct. After all it has been a long time since you've spent this much time with other ponies, this all could be the effects of loneliness setting in.
>After he finishes hugging his friend Dusty settles and turns to you, Hello again Miss Buttons, I'm Dusty."
"I umm Yes it's a pleasure to meet you"
You reach out your hoof for a shake.
>"Dusty you should give her a hug!" Gem shouts.
>"Do you want a hug?" Dusty asks.
"I uhh, Yeah I could use one."
Dusty rears up and grabs on you... He is very soft. You reach around and pet the back of his mane. It's a it woolly but oddly satisfying in your hoof.
Soon the colt backs away though and you feel as if you could use another.
>"Oh, by the way we need to get going! We're all about to leave for Las Pegasus!
>>
File: lf570.png (149 KB, 600x600)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
You all make your way to the truck and swap items. This time the 4 of you all ride in the same truck. The ride is quiet as you all mentally prepare for the Smooze in your own way.

You all finally arrive at the Smooze since you've been gone it looks like the Smooze has covered more of Las Pegasus.
For now though, the top layer of the Smooze is frozen by the baking sun, but as soon as you touch the Smooze it will begin moving and more importantly attacking.
The mothponies and changelings stand by waiting for you to make the first move.

>You are now fighting the Smooze.

Hidden Gem HP: 176
Dusty Miller HP:175 TP:5 (+1 Per turn)
Crystal Lattice HP:175
Clever Buttons HP:190 MP:60(+2 Per turn)

>The Smooze (hefty sample)
>HP 850
>>
>>36911308
Wanting to cuddle something soft and cute is perfectly normal.

>>36911312
Time to use the Floom potion?
>>
>>36911312
FUCK! 4chan ate my post. TWICE!

https://www.anonpone.com/quest/landfall/30629376#navbar
You are now fighting a small sample of The Smooze.
>The Smooze begins growing and heals 50HP
>The Smooze gains 40 HP from being the Smooze.

Dusty backs away from the monstrosity and observes it a little better.

>The Smooze (Small sample)
>HP 490 (+40 each turn)
-Engulf (Grapple) 60%
-Slam 40 85%
-Enrage (inflicts curse enraging the victim) 80%
-Grow Replenish 50 HP +10 to attacks.
Weaknesses:
Seems to be susceptible to drying. Dusty was told that long ago His ancestors who were called the flutterponies defeated the unstoppable smooze with ancient magics, unfortunately Dusty does not know these ancient magics. The Smooze has no top health cap.

Okay.
>everyone stick to the skies
>do not touch the Smooze under any circumstance
>have Crystal & Button be carried by the strongest shapeshifted changelings or placed on the tallest building
>tell everyone to be warry of anyone they see if they are: covered in smooze, acting horny, or brainwashed.
>everyone should already know that getting touched by smooze makes you want to fight against everyone
>tell some of the mothponies to OBSERVE their surroundings for any people trying to hide from us, or places of interest. Such as gunstores, coinvent stores, sports stores, police departments.

Gem: Look for clouds so you can use the Static Charge action. If you can look for a cloud, and do the action, then do so.
If you cannot find any clouds, then light up a roman candle.

Dusty: Work together with the warriors, misc. moth ponies, and changelings to use the Utter Flutter against this one Smooze sample. Work in pairs since the Utter Flutter has a 90% chance of success, but a 10% chance of failure.

Crystal: If the moth ponies are successful in staggering the hefty Smooze sample, then shoot at it with the Laser Gun.

Clever Buttons: Shoot at the Smooze with your rifle.

Bath how many Moth+changelings are there? Counting everyone involved?

>Clever Buttons HP:190 MP:60(+2 Per turn)
>[actions] rifle (75) 1 or 3 shots revolver (60)
When button shoots her revolver, is it 3 shots for 60 damage, or it fires 3 times and deals 60 damage 3 times?
>>
>>36911345
I think we should reserve the Floom potion for the biggest Smooze sample available.
>>
>>36911416
Isn't it all connected?
>>
>>36911308
That cutiemark story doesn't sit right with me. Basic calculators are made so easy to use that anybody can figure them out. She said it herself she just recognized a symbol and put two and two together. I think she might be misinterpreting her talent.
>>
>>36911522
Yes and no. It a big piece, but not he biggest acting piece?

>>36911526
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1d4BewyhlI
time for her to put that math into practice.
>>
>>36911536
The constantly increasing HP stems from more Smooze collecting into the blob. That means it has an umbilical to the rest of itself. Also look at the picture, does it look like a separate mass to you?
>>
>>36911413
>other poster already posted referance

>>36911308
Smooze is currently 850 hp. We do not know how many times this smooze has used GrowReplensish.
Slam did 40 damage on the original smooze.
490 +40* 9 = 850 so the smooze could have simply existed for 9 turns.
490+90* 4 = 850 so the smooze could have grown intentionally for 4 turns, giving it an 80 damage slam. No other combination gets from 490 to 850 unless we start accounting for sun damage or division or other unconfirmed mechanics or it simply being born at a different size.

Driver changelings: get out of here before we start, to the edge of town where the buildings thin out.

Dusty: "Hey, are we supposed to use the utter flutter sequentially or all at once?" Regardless of answer, dusty use utter flutter. They other moths may flutter or wait at their discursion. We'll find out what it does soon enough.

Crystal: ray gun
Buttons: Revolving gun
Keep some distance this turn.
Two changelings each, prepare to pick them up in case we must immediately retreat.

Gem, test how possible it is to do melee damage here. Have most of the changelings and the queen ready to pull you back and attempt to hit it with ur stick.
>>
>>36911557
The constantly increasing HP stems from it simply being the smooze, according to the text of the quest. You've got a theory, not a fact.
>>
>>36911557
Don't look at me, this thing expands like crazy. I'm worried about how we only have 1 sample, and it may or may not affect the majority of the Smooze, and if we need to worry about a real chunky smooze boy or not.

>>36911562
>Gem, test how possible it is to do melee damage here. Have most of the changelings and the queen ready to pull you back and attempt to hit it with ur stick.
A telekinesis or shield spell action should do the trick, but instead of putting her at risk and costing someone else an action to pull Gem away for when the Smooze retaliates, IF it retaliates by specifically targeting her, then why not have her shoot the smooze with a weapon that causes fire damage?
>>
>>36911567
>>36911572
The only way we can guarantee getting the whole thing with a single sample is to wait until the middle of the night when it's all wet. But than the drying effect will be at it's weakest making it a moot point.
>>
>>36911567
>>36911572
I'd like to point out the "it just gets stronger, and bigger, because it's Smooze" argument means that the Smooze sample that the professor had should've filled up and broken out of the jar a long time ago.

Picture with Smooze jar:
https://www.anonpone.com/quest/landfall/31354551

No clue why it cut off the numbers.
>>
File: HeCan'tBeStopped.png (322 KB, 683x384)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
>>36911572
Flare costs 50 mp. I don't want to spend that much when 5 shields may be better right now.

I didn't shield this turn because most of our changelings don't have anything to do and I don't want to put half our forces at risk of being lost in a single turn. We can't shield everyone.

I also want to keep our dps as high as we can get it, as we are against a scaling enemy, which is another reason to definitely use both our ranged attacks right away. I will probably say to toss an alchemist fire next turn anyway, though we need to ration our consumables well enough to last through all the smooze, so next turn may be flare depending on how this turn goes.
>>
>>36911312
Utter Flutter go.
>>
>>36911312
Dusty: do observe.
>>
>>36911646
>I don't want to put half our forces
Then dont let them get into Melee range.
>Utter Flutter
>Zap Gun
>Actual Gun
>Roman Candle or Static Charge

>I also want to keep our dps as high as we can get it, as we are against a scaling enemy
At the risk of someone potentially getting hit by the Enrage effect? Not worth it desu since we can just methodically work through all of them one by one.
>>
Bump
>>
>>36912595
We may not have time for that.

Raygun = 50 damage per 3 turns.
Bullets = like 60 damage per turn or something
Static charge = 110 damage every 2 or 3 turns.
So that is about 131 damage per turn, against 40 healing minimum, meaning this one smooze would cost 10 turns and 10 bullets, per smooze pile, while more smoozes comes and surround us like last time.

We might not have time for that, particularly if you add other encounters into the mix, such as smooze-victems.
We could wait a turn to see how the smooze reacts to utterflutter, though.
>>
>>36913465
Use the Utter Flutter to Daze the Smooze and delay its regenerative powers, it's that simple. Coupled with the Burning effects of Roman Candles the fire damage should whittle away at its health nicely. Did you forget the Utter Flutter could do that?
If your worried about damage output, we could try cleaning out the Smooze in the local LPPD, then loot the armory.
I dont recall the Static Charge ever dealing 110 damage in every 2 to 3 turns. Where did it say that?
>>
>>36911312
>Dusty
Observe and ask a moth pony to use the Utter Flutter against it

>Gem
Static Charge

>Button
G U N

>Crystal
Pass off the alien gun to a moth pony to use against the Smooze we're fighting, like right now. Tell them not to lose it.
Take a pair of changelings with you and go out to look for any survivors.
>>
>>36913465
>genuine autism
>-Utter Flutter -5TP 90% (Addles target for one turn and nullifies positive status effects)
>healing is a posative status effect
>>
I'd like to point out that if we don't use the poisoned Floom on the Smooze quickly, we're guaranteed to be overwhelmed eventually.
>>
>>36914304
+1
YEET
>>
File: lf571.png (228 KB, 600x600)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>36911345
>>36911413
>>36911522
>>36911567
>>36911646
>>36911668
>>36912595
>>36913465
>>36914229
>>36914304
>>36914322
>Hidden Gem yells back to the mothponies and changelings, "Hey everypony! Remember that if you find ponies in the Smooze you have to get it off of them or they're going to stay crazy! Also, Kiss mind controlled ponies!"
>"So now what?" Buttons asks.
>Crystal nervously shifts around, "I guess there is no time like the present, Yes."
Crystal reaches into her saddlebag and pulls out the Floom potion, she then flings it as hard as she can into the purple mass of dried Smooze.
It isn't long before you witness the entire city's worth of Smooze crack it's outer dried shell and writhe as it comes to life!
Buttons fires her revolver at the moving mass, and manages to hit 3 times dealing 180 damage!
Hidden Gem looks for clouds but does not see one near by. Instead Gem preps a roman candle to fire.
The Smooze tries to regenerate, but can't due to the potion.
Dusty Miller searches around to see what the other mothponies and changelings are doing. All of them seem to have scattered to fight the Smooze.
Though Dusty wishes he could participate in a coordinated utter flutter push that might not be possible at the moment.
Dusty uses the Utter Flutter! The Smooze is now Addled.The Smooze also seems to decrease in size by 50% after the Utter Flutter dealing 335 damage!

Roman candle fires next turn

Dusty Miller HP:175 TP:0
Clever Buttons HP:190 MP:60

>The Smooze (Addled/ regeneration disabled)
>HP 335
>>
>>36914920
Knew the Floom would work.

Gem - Use roman candle
Dusty - Bash
Crystal - Shoot
Buttons - Flare
>>
>>36914920
Gem: use the Roman candle. I wonder how many times this thing fires.
Button: Revolvers!
Crystal: laser
Dusty: Bash

Can we have it so that Dusty will be the one to strike the final blow? Ex: if it has 65 hp left after the roman candles and revolver shots, could Dusty go last? Or if there's 15 hp left could Dusty go before Crystal?
>>
>>36914920
Holy fuck the Utter Flutter was extremely effective.

>>36915073
>>36915296
+1. Dusty is become stronger.
>>
>>36914920
Why arent you guys using the utter flutter again? Use it. Mo
>>
>>36915480
>TP:0
>>
>>36915480
you dumb mother fucker
>>
>>36915073
>>36915296
Flare vs revolver?
>>
>>36914920
>utter flutter dealt damage
what?
>potion did... nothing?
We can see that it woke all the rest of the smooze up, but that doesn't seem to be a good thing. WE can't attribute damage to it. It seemed to actually moisturize the smooze. I guess we just attribute the lack of healing to the potion, then? Doesn't that mean the utterflutter did NOT stop the healing?

We could just not ever bash, but this is probably when we should bash. I have expect an ignorant fluctuation in the smooze to accidentally get dusy covered in smooze.

335 hp
We want dusty to get the last hit in. The smooze also may or may not have a weak point. Aim all attacks at the eyes. I'm expecting they aren't as weak as an antenna, so each atack gets between +0 and +40. Assuming we do +40 and hit all attacks, the following happens.

335 or 295 or 255 or 215 or 175 hp
Ray gun does 50 damage + 40
Roman candle does unknown base damage, lets say between 50 and 150 + 40
155 or 55
Dusty bash does 85 damgage + 40
35 or -70 hp
This means that, without buttons doing anything, smooze can potentially die next round.
If we get no bonus damage of any kind, smooze should have 155 to 50 hp remaining, which puts it in range to die before it can move.

Gem: Roman candle left eye
Crystal: laser left eye
Dusty: flap up and bash right eye.
Buttons: Nothing. Potentially a weak telekinetic attack if the smooze is still alive. Just rip a chunk out. Hope to do exactly 34 damage, but probably deal less.

Gem should begin searching for a nearby second target so that she doesn't waste the fireworks shots.
>>
>>36914920
bash the smooze
>>
>>36916093
As for the damage, if you say the source material, the utter flutter blows away the Smooze and it's hp is directly related to it's mass.

The potion didn't wake it up. It's always awake. It just robbed it's ability to control it's moisture so now it has to waste fluids hydrating the portions that would normally be dried out, thus gradually drying it out. think of it like a poison, but the thing is so huge that we can't see it's true hp reducing. Only the portion that is maintained by the automatic regeneration. That's still happening btw.
>>
>>36917108
>Only the portion that is maintained by the automatic regeneration. That's still happening btw.

>>The Smooze (Addled/ regeneration disabled)
> regeneration disabled)

As for the explanation for affecting the WHOLE smooze, I would say the smooze, being a potion, is the net chemical-magical effect created by the active ingredients. since we added another valid potion to it, the whole effect changed, maybe?
There are lots of ways to explain it. Doesn't really matter which way is right, right now, much
>>
>>36917170
I'm saying that he is regenerating from his ability and degenerating from the potion at the same time creating a net 0 which can be interpreted and no regeneration. We know that the dry desert heat is actually harming it and, if left alone, it will eventually be reduced to a pile of purple dust. However that timescale is probably months, so we have to fight it and accelerate it's degradation.
>>
>>36915821
Revolver does more damage

>>36916093
>WE can't attribute damage to it
We're damaging it right now.

>It seemed to actually moisturize the smooze.
You assume too much without actually knowing how the Smooze functions, when you're not even the QM.

>Doesn't that mean the utterflutter did NOT stop the healing?
We wont know now, since we used the potion before the Utter Flutter.

>The smooze also may or may not have a weak point
>Weaknesses:
>Seems to be susceptible to drying. Dusty was told that long ago His ancestors who were called the flutterponies defeated the unstoppable smooze with ancient magics, unfortunately Dusty does not know these ancient magics. The Smooze has no top health cap.

>If we get no bonus damage of any kind, smooze should have 155 to 50 hp remaining, which puts it in range to die before it can move.
If Button does nothing, that means the Smooze could do something this turn. Last turn it couldn't do anything because it was dazed. This next turn it will probably shake off the dazed effect and throw in an attack.
Would it not be better to fire the roman candles in the eyes, laser in the other eyes, fire three shots into it, then Bash it?
>>
>>36917364
But it's weak against drying, so thing that generate heat might cause increased damage.
>>
>>36917378
Burning and catching on fire doesn't explicitly mean it will deal extra damage.
If it does however deal extra damage, then on Dusty's command after everyone dog piles attacks onto the thing, maybe he could get the last hit in.

I really want to find some drugs. Maybe adrenaline, steroids, something to help in a fight later down the line.
>>
>>36917477
Isn't that what Crystal's potions are for?
>>
>>36917648
Yes but it takes time to make her potions. Time she could use to make different things.
>>
>>36917693
So, you're looking for premade stuff? Like when we went to that one shop where we got the large healing potion?
>>
>>36917709
Yeah. Premade stuff means Crystal can use her time more wisely to craft more rarer and specialized potions.
>>
>>36917364
>>WE can't attribute damage to it
>We're damaging it right now.
As in, we can't attribute any particular damage to the floom potion's application this turn.

>It seemed to actually moisturize the smooze.
You assume too much

It is an UNDISPUTED FACT that it SEEMS to have increased the moisture. It is neither a fact nor an assumption of mine that it has actually increased the total moisture.

Everything about your reponse so far has just been a misunderstanding in interpertation of my words.

>smooze's weaknesses
Already read it. That text does not account for every weakness. Specifically, we were not told that anthe'rs antenna was a weak point when we observed him, so it is reasonable to think that the smooze may have an unlisted physical weak spot too, or not.

>arguing about how addled works
no? When dusty was fighting anther, he would use utter flutter and it would stop both anther's current turn AND allow dusty to move without allowing anther to move the next turn. At least 1v1, utter flutter stops the current turn and also the next turn. It is possible that taking damage snaps someone out of addle early, but the smooze currently still has the addled status, so that seems not to have happened this time.
>>
>>36917477
The perfect drug is carrot
>>
>>36917844
faggot
>>
Wait a second..
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/36413743/#q36460600
Did we just leave Chief Angry-Fuzzies hanging insecurely from a freely rolling hole in the back of a vehicle while we drove like 20 miles, probably letting him tumble out and roll at 30 to 70 miles per hour into a ditch in the desert while tied up?

>>36917870
Don't know what that means, anon.
>>
10 can be as bad as one
It's the loneliest number since the number 01
>>
File: lf572.png (211 KB, 600x600)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>36915073
>>36915296
>>36916093
>>36917108
>>36917364
>>36917925
>Buttons seems distracted for a moment, "Wait, did we just leave that chief pony in that trailer?"
A quick look back reveals that they did, and he is currently still inside the machine and parked near by.
Hidden Gem tries to hold her roman candle steady before it fires off 5 flares. only one manages to hit the Smooze, but this also manages to light the Smooze on fire!
Clever Buttons prepares to cast flare, but seeing the Smooze already on fire she fires her revolver! As the Smooze violently thrashes around Buttons manages to miss every shot!
Crystal Lattice pulls out the ray gun and fires it into the Smooze, managing to hit the living potion leaving a steamy hole that a batpony falls out of and dealing 50 damage!
Crystal rushes to aid the batpony who after scrambling to her feet delivers a kick to Crystal's nose dealing 20 damage!
As Crystal recovers from the unexpected kick the Smooze lunges out and engulfs Crystal!
Crystal is now caught inside the Smooze! Crystal is now enraged!
>"Let her go!" Dusty yells before rushing in and bashing the Smooze with the Staff of will dealing 80 damage!
The fire deals 30 damage to the Smooze! Crystal is deep enough to be unaffected by the fire.
Around Las Pegasus the Smooze seems to be quickly disappearing, with most of the remaining Smooze concentrated around The Canterlot hotel and casino!

Dusty Miller HP:175 TP:1
Crystal Lattice HP:155 (enraged/grappled)

>Bat pony (enraged)
HP:???

>The Smooze (regeneration disabled/ burning)
>HP 175
>>
>>36917925
Nah, hes fine. If he slipped out we would had been given a notification if that
>>
>>36919292
Button: fire the rifle
Crystal (enraged): stupid slime! (yes). BASH IT! (yes).
Dusty: Bash the Smooze. That should do the trick.
Gem: does the roman candle have anymore shots?
Taunt the enraged mare and Sky Defend. No one likes you or your raggedy scarf!
>>
>>36919292
>-Grappled Actions-
>-Struggle (Attempt to escape) 50%
Oh oops. Crystal should struggle.
Gem should bash the Smooze instead of sky defend.
Dusty goes last.
>>
>>36919292
>bat pony covered in smooze
Buttons, telekinetically grab the bat. We can't let it infect us, get us dirty.

>smooze has 175 hp
Two bashes is 77+85 = 162, which isn't enough before burning.
Drop bash + bash is 97+85 = 182, which is enough.

>crystal
we can deal with her next turn. Leave her in the smooze, she's a danger. We can blind her next turn.

Alternativly, we can have dusty feint the batponer while getting it's attention while buttons and gem finish the smooze, but I like that less.
>>
File: lf573.png (139 KB, 600x600)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>36919337
You have no control over enraged ponies
>>36919329
>>36919365
The smooze takes advantage of Crystal's predicament to pound her inside the mass dealing 35 damage
Crystal Lattice bites the Smooze dealing 10 damage!
The Batpony kicks the Smooze dealing 20 damage!
>Hidden Gem yells out, "We said let her go!"
Hidden Gem flies up and delivers a drop bask to the Smooze dealing 97 damage!
Dusty follows up nailing the Smooze with a swing of his Staff dealing 85 damage before the Smooze has a chance to attack!
The Smooze evaporates around Crystal leaving a bit of Smooze residue soaking her hair.
Realizing the batpony is still a threat Buttons uses her telekinesis to subdue the mare and successfully manages to hold her still.
"Crystal are you okay!?" Dusty asks.
Crystal with no other targets turns on your party, stamping her hoof looking like she's about to charge!

Dusty Miller HP:175 TP:2
Clever Buttons HP:190 MP:50

>Crystal Lattice HP:120 (enraged)
>Bat pony (enraged/Grappled)
HP:???

>The Smooze (Vanquished!)
>HP -37
>>
>>36919607
smoochin' time, homie
>>
>>36919607
>thoss is not listed to have accuracy
Toss bat into crystal.
Gem, sky defend and taunt the angry ponies. I don't think it even has to be coherent to work. What to say?

Dusty should save up for an utter flutter, so that he can use it on crystal, so that crystal is cleaned of smooze. Bash the bat.
>>
>>36919607
We need to avoid and defend until Dusty can use the utter flutter again to get rid of the residue.
>>
>>36919607
Dusty: use kiss against the bat mare
Gem: steal Crystal's glasses. Without them she'll less than likely to hurt anyone
Button: keep using telekinesis
>>
>>36919607
Is smooze control the same as alien control? Will kissing work or do we need to bathe them?
>>
>>36919840
>>36919679
>>36919697
>-Kiss 60% (opponent loses a turn) 20% (Inflict Charm on target)
If anything, repeated kissing might have a chance to negate the enrage effect with Charm.

-Grappling actions-
>Pound 35 100%
>Squeeze 15 (Makes escape 20% harder) 100%
>Toss 45 damage (Releases Grapple)
>Kiss 60% (opponent loses a turn) 20% (Inflict Charm on target)

-Grappled Actions-
-Struggle (Attempt to escape) 50%
-Kick 15 40%
-Bite 10 & (Attempt to escape) 20%
-Kiss 60% (opponent loses a turn) 20% (Inflict Charm on target)
Gem could also attempt to Grapple, then Kiss to charm Crystal, but it will be easier when her glasses are stolen to reduce her overall accuracy.
>>
>>36919679
Bad idea. That would free the bat. Better to keep her contained in a telekinetic grapple then to have her spread her smooze.
Same with Crystal. If the Smooze on her touches us, that could end badly.
>>
>>36919929
I'm having trouble finding a page anywhere in the story with a turn where an enemy is freed from a grapple and doesn't get knocked out that turn. As a grappled enemy, I would think it would be limited to grappled actions next turn, and I also really doubt a taunt would fail against these ponies.
But fine, if nobody will agree.

Buttons: Squeeze
Dusty: bash bat.
Gem: taunt crystal. Ask if she was trying to find her car in the smooze. If ignored, just yell at her to be mad at us. If ignored, just go "aaaaa!" Sky defend.

Also kissing the bat is asking to get smooze on our lips so lets not do that, yeah.
>>
>>36920374
>Also kissing the bat is asking to get smooze on our lips so lets not do that, yeah.
Yeah. We're gonna need to look for a hose, or use the Utter Flutter again.

>Gem: taunt crystal. Ask if she was trying to find her car in the smooze. If ignored, just yell at her to be mad at us. If ignored, just go "aaaaa!" Sky defend.
Why not take her glasses? She's practically blind without them.
>>
>>36920380
>touching pony's face
naw, no, no thanks. The glasses were in the smooze too.
>depending on pony being blind
Broken glasses was only -5% accuracy. The blinded debuff, I think, was -30% accuracy in other cases. I much prefer sky defend's 90% dodge thanks. It's somewhat hard to compete with that.
Taunt also has rarely failed us, and this hardly seems like the occasion when it would..
>>
>>36920396
Fair. Instead of taunting, what if Dusty and Gem try yelling words of encouragement in the hope that maybe Crystal might break out of her Enraged effect? We could tell her how cool and smart she is, how smart her glasses make her, how her snoot scars are actually cute and not as bad as she thinks.
>>
>>36919607
Use the bat pony as a shield for Crystal's next attack so they start targeting each other rather than us.
>>
File: 1599756227904.jpg (86 KB, 500x484)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>36920404
+1
>>
>>36920402
That plan involves substituting our very well tested taunt mechanic out for an absolute shot in the dark. In the case where it fails, we would have to just hope that Crystal didn't attempt to attack buttons, or dusy if he's attacking the bat. Also, even if it did cure Crystal, crystal is still covered in smooze and the enrage effect could just instantly re-apply.

We can try encouragement after the bat is downed, so that buttons can just run off and the kids can defend while they try it.
>>
>>36920431
That's a fair point-

>>36919607
WAIT IS THAT A FOUNTAIN IN THE BACKGROUND!
Can we dunk the bat in the fountain if there's no smooze in it?
>>
>>36920440
>no smooze
>in a pool of moisture
Um... I mean maybe we could but hovering her over there is more risky than just squeezing and hoping she doesn't attack us is more risky than knocking her out and we still don't know what cures the rage status.
>>
>>36920452
It should be fine since the mare would need to waste an action to break out of the grapple, then on the next turn Buttons can reapply the grapple. If the fountain idea dont work then we'll just keep bonking her.
>>
File: lf574.png (215 KB, 600x600)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>36919679
>>36919697
>>36920374
>>36920380
>>36920396
>>36920402
>>36920440
>"I've got a plan everypony! Focus on the bat, I'll keep Crystal busy!" Hidden gem shouts
Hidden Gem uses sky defend.
>"Hey four eyes, come get me you... four eyes!" Gem taunts Crystal.
Clever buttons looks around. There is a fountain near by which may wash off the smooze, but Buttons is worried that the water has been smoozed already. Then as Buttons prepares to squeeze the mare she gets a different idea.
Dusty prepares to bash the batpony, but misses when she is swiftly jerked away!
Clever Buttons tosses the batpony into Crystal lattice at half force dealing 23 damage to the batpony and 2 to Crystal Lattice!
>Gem stops evading in shock, "What do you think you're doing Buttons?"
>"keeping them busy, watch!" Buttons huffs.
Crystal Lattice turns on the batpony and grabs her successfully grappling the mare!

Dusty Miller HP:175 TP:3

>Crystal Lattice HP:118 (enraged/grappling)
>Bat pony HP: -23 / ??? (enraged/grappled)

>"What if Crystal gets hurt?" Gem asks.
>"That batpony doesn't look very strong, I think she'll be fine," Buttons explains.
Crystal pounds the batpony dealing 35 damage!
The batpony bites Crystal dealing 10 dmamage.

Dusty Miller HP:175 TP:4

>Crystal Lattice HP:108 (enraged/grappling)
>Bat pony HP: -58 / ??? (enraged/grappled)

>"Crystal you've got to snap out of it, you've gotta fight it!" Dusty pleads.
>"Yeah, kick her butt Crystal!" Gem cheers.
>"Gem I mean the Smooze."
>"Oh,.." Gem looks at her hooves.
Crystal pounds the batpony again dealing another 35 damage!
The batpony looking kind of woozy tries to struggle under the mare and fails.
>"You know what, Yeah go Crystal! Beat her up!" Buttons joins in.

Dusty Miller HP:175 TP:5

>Crystal Lattice HP:108 (enraged/grappling)
>Bat pony HP: -93 / ??? (enraged/grappled)
>>
>>36923572
Buttons: Prepare a Telekiesis grapple in case either of them break the grapple. If Gem confirms that the fountain is clean, toss Crystal into the fountain when the Bat is unconscious.
Gem: Go check the fountain in case it's smoozed, under Button's request
Dusty: Keep cheering on words of encouragement to Crystal. If Gem confirms that the fountain is clean of smooze, then Bash the bat
Crystal: N/A
>>
>>36923572
Dusty: Utter flutter to see if we can blast the Smooze residue off of them.
>>
>>36923722
Not this. We still need 1 more TP to do that move.
>>
I retract my statement, Dusty does have the TP to do it.

>>36923645
>>36923722
+1 to Utter Flutter if no clean water in the Fountain.
>>
>>36923727
>TP:5
>>
>>36923781
>I retract my statement, Dusty does have the TP to do it.
>>
>>36923572
Entertaining as it is, what's our plan to stop Crystal from literally killing this bat if she doesn't decide to change target after they're unconscious?
>>
>>36924042
The fact that everybody's immortal.
>>
>>36924042
Check to see if the fountain is clean. If it is, throw them both inside.
If the fountain is not clean, use the Utter Flutter on both Crystal and the bat mare.
If those fail, have Dusty look for a store with water bottles while Gem uses taunt/encourage Crystal while Buttons holds Crystal in her telekinesis.
>>
>>36923572
They are just going to attack each other again. I think we have to separate them before we can utterflutter them. Utterflutter is single target, and it would suck to clean one of them of smooze just to have the other one immediately re-dirty them.

Gem: bash bat. I expect that will ko the bat
Let crystal and the bat attack eachother if the bat is still awake.

Buttons: telekinetic grapple crystal if the bat is knocked out. Otherwise, telekinetic grapple the bat away from crystal.

Dusty: utter fluter crystal only AFTER crystal is separated from the bat, either due to crystal simply walking off of the bat or buttons pulling them apart.

The only failure case here is if the bat is NOT successfully ko'd and then is NOT successfully grappled away from crystal. In that case, dusty basically just can't move this turn.

>we used up 3 turns here
That might be a bit significant. The rest of the changelings and moths are all fighting too and some groups might need some help. We could have actually had gem and buttons leave dusty alone with the bat and crystal the moment those two were put in a grapple pile, as dusty is the only one who is actually needed here at this point. However, it seems worth using all three units to finish this next turn.

So,
Gem: bash bat
Buttons: grapple the two apart
Dusty: utterflutter buttons only after buttons is off of the bat and looking at you. Maybe taunt for her attention.

Next turn
Gem: Bash bat if it is still awake. Otherwise, chill.
Buttons: Kiss Crystal if you are grappling crystal, as that is a grappling action. Otherwise, drop the bat and grab crystal.
Dusty: Also attempt to charm crystal with kiss
>>
>>36924576
They're close enough together to hit both with utter flutter
>>
>>36924597
+1
literally touching each other.
>>
>>36924597
>>36924615
I mean, maybe, but the text doesn't say it. If you're all insisting on this, we can utterflutter crystal first, bash bat second, and then buttons can grapple crystal.
>>
>>36924631
Why utter flutter and then grapple?
>>
>>36924797
Grapple allows for kiss as a grappled action next turn.
>>
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/33896626/#q33938492
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/33896626/#q33999133

>>Clever Buttons joins the party
>HP: 92/175
>MP:40/60 (+2 Per turn)

By the way, uh
>(+2 Per turn)

Is something wrong with buttons?
>>
File: lf575.png (231 KB, 600x600)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
>>36924921
I just forgot to update the magic regen...
>>36923645
>>36923722
>>36923734
>>36924093
>>36924576
>>36924597
>>36924615
>"That's enough girls, " Buttons laughs.
>"Yeah, I think you should clean them up now Dusty," Gem adds.
>"What if I can't hit both of them?" Dusty asks.
>"Good point, Gem how clean is the water in that fountain?" Buttons asks.
>Gem peers over the side, "Uhh I can see through it, but it's still kinda purple.
>"Okay that's plan B then," Buttons confirms.
>"okay but they're touching," Dusty adds.
>"So?"
>"I might not get the smooze off in between them," Dusty explains.
>Buttons nods "Fine, I'll lift Crystal and you blast them, 1, 2, 3!"
Clever buttons lifts Crystal from the batpony with her telekinesis and dusty blasts the mares with his Utter FLutter!

Dusty Miller HP:175 TP:0
Clever Buttons HP:190 MP:48
Crystal Lattice HP:108 (grappled)

Bat pony HP: -93 / ??? (cowering)

>The batpony trembles as Crystal stands triumphantly over her, "I'm sorry, Please don't hurt me!"
Crystal looks around as if confused by her predicament.
>As you prepare to sort everything out Queen Opus swoops in, "I found you! Okay so We've managed to eliminate most of the Smooze from the city so far most of the remaining Smooze seems to be concentrated near the Canterlot hotel, We need everypony's help for the final push!"
>>
>>36925726
Crystal: apologize and get off the mare. We went ourself. It was the evil Smooze monster. Eat a carrot to heal.
Gem & Dusty: tell the mare that we're sorry about fighting her. She was mind controlled. Would she like to stick around to help us defeat the Smooze, or would she rather leave to find shelter? Again we're sorry about what happened.
Button: reload your revolver.

Whatever the is the bat mare's final decision, let's go with Opus.
>>
>>36925726
Have you found any of the missing changelings or elders? We're gonna get that evil robot, and we're gonna make it pay.
>>
>>36925726
Almost forgot
Crystal: pick up the mare and help her onto her hooves. Give her an apology kiss (charm effect?)
>>
>>36925726
>Cleaned AND cured in single action
Aight', cool

Gem: "Ok, you might not know what you did wrong but get off the mare and I'll explain it."
Crystal: Apologize or ask if you did good or whatever is appropriate for the information you remember and can figure out, but get off the mare.
Dusty: Help the nice mare up. Tell her not to touch the purple stuff or it will make her attack people. Have opus tell us where the cured ponies are collecting, I think don't use the word victim. It's somewhat important that these people collect in groups, but not that important.
Buttons: Reload. Maybe encourage the mare, ask if she wants to help with other victims we'll surely find. Having given batponer the choice of two directions and therefore agency, start walking for the next fight. The kids can catch up and crystal can run to catch up.
>>
>>36925978
Bump
>>
>>36925726
Time for Dusty to take the lead and finish off the Smooze!
>>
File: lf576.png (204 KB, 600x600)
204 KB
204 KB PNG
>>36925803
>>36925833
>>36925838
>>36925978
>>36926901
>You are Dusty Miller
Crystal swoops down and picks the mare up.
>"I am soo sorry, yes. But it was the Smooze controlling us. yes." Crystal pleads.
>"I g-guess, "The batpony meekly says, "I was in there for a l-long time.
>"And you are free now! Yes," Crystal announces planting a kiss on the mare's lips.
>After the kiss the batpony seems more confused, "Y-yeah... I guess."
>"Hey, We're planning on finishing this fight against the Smooze. Do you want to help out," Clever Buttons asks.
>"I don't uhh. Think I'd last too long." The mare responds.
"Are the other ponies that got freed gathering somewhere your highness?"
>Opus looks to you, "I actually don't know... Been too busy fighting the Smooze, but I'm sure she can find shelter somewhere."
>"Did you find any of your elders or the other changelings that were taken?" Gem asks.
>"Actually not yer I'm not sure where they are.... Oh gosh... Oh no..." Opus looks more and more worried.
"Don't worry. We'll find them."
>"Probably around the time we find that stupid robot and his dumb robot muscles," Gem adds.

The batpony splits from your group and you all follow Queen Opus to The Canterlot Hotel and Casino.
along the way Crystal eats a carrot restoring 50 HP
>As you stand in front of the Smooze, Meadow Muffin lands near you, "Dusty! I'm glad to see you. This Smooze business is tiring, but we haven't seen hide or hair of those aliens you mentioned."
>"Good because I have a lot of revenge I need to take out on them," Qeen Opus tells him.
>"Revenge?" Meadows asks.
>"Me as well," Gem adds.
>>
File: lf577.png (158 KB, 600x600)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>"Everypony, Look!" Buttons calls out pointing to the Smooze.
A hand erupts from the purple mass, followed by another. Soon the rest of a robot climbs out!
>"Ah, so you didn't have enough of a pounding huh? Back for more? This time with friends? Maybe I'll take you serious this time!" A-Donis taunts.
Soon as he finishes talking holes open in the Smooze and a flood of the missing changelings come flying out to engage the moth ponies and Changelings that have been combating the Smooze!
>"Not this time!!" Opus shouts, "You're mine!"

>You are now fighting A-Donis and The Smooze!

Dusty Miller HP:175 TP:5
Crystal Lattice HP:158
>Changeling Queen HP: 830
>Meadow Muffin HP: 210

>A-Donis HP: ????
>The Smooze (Source) HP:????
>>
>>36927704
Observe Adonis
>>
>>36927704
do a fighting retreat to either over-extend the Smooze or remove it from the fight.
>>
>>36927704
Crystal: drink the invisibility potion
Dusty: drink the invisibility potion
Button: use telekinesis against the robot. Denial of action to their most potent fighter.
Opus: use the Utter Flutter, priority the missing ponies, secondary the Smooze if you can hit them too. Tell them to flee or help fight the smooze. FOR THE QUEEN!
Meadows: use the Utter Flutter, priority the missing ponies, secondary the Smooze if you can hit them too. Tell them to flee or help fight the smooze.
Gem: throw a smoke bomb to buy us some cover so we can power up.

>>36927764
+1 for fighting retreat
>>
>>36927917
I get Crystal, but why Dusty? Also, Observe is more useful for his first turn.
>>
>>36927928
Because due to the constraints od action economy, Dusty has a lot of useful abilities such as: Observe, Feint, Scale Flap, and Utter Flutter. Making Dusty 70% harder to hit this turn will make it more than likely he will survive all upcoming turns so he can use multiple stacks of Observe, minimum 2, at most 3. Then after that he can focus on offensive moves.
Better yet, Dusty could use the Utter Flutter the turn after he takes the potion to help migitate the danger the enraged ponies and the Smooze possesses.

>>36927700
Bath how much TP and MP does Opus posses?
>>
>>36927928
>Observe is more useful for his first turn.
It wont be so useful if he gets Smoozed, or punched twelve feet under by the robot. It'd be best to make him hard to hit so he can do all those other actions.
>>
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/33221986/#q33261585
A-Donis HP:-1998

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/33221986/#q33250345
>after a turn of charging
The robot's laser finishes changing and it fires.
Gem dodges the shot.
A-Donis deals 829 damage to the queen. The queen flops on the ground unconcious.
THe defending changelings brace themselves as they protect you.
A-Donis deals 415 damage to 7 of your squad

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/33221986/#q33229462
The robot punches - changelings -dealing 126 damage -

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/33221986/#q33221996
How about 1/3rd power?"
"Wha?"
The robot reels it's fist back and punches Gem dealing 42

So, robot can deal any fraction under 126 damage, but has no reason to do less than 126 damage. Maybe we could convince him we're pathetic and worth toying with, but I doubt it.
Robot can:
Basic attack for %*126 damage
Lazer for like some absurd damage that is a one shot for anyone short of intercepting behemoth dusty.
Control up to 5 bugs, maybe just changelings, maybe based on having a large number of changelings grouped for a target.
Tank about a minimum of 2000 damage

Dusty: Observe isn't actually necessary for this fight but I don't want to argue about it so observe.
Gem: Smoke bomb time. We need a turn or 3 here. This is THE time for smoke bomb, right after dusty goes, maybe after buttons but I only half care..
Crystal: "Are... yes. You are the one who made gem cry!" Drink accuracy potion.
Buttons: Give opus the MRE

Tell queen to just go keep her free changelings healthy. It is important that they win that fight well, and having her get controlled is not a good possibility.
We take accuracy potion for crystal because crystal is actually more defensive if her accuracy is higher, though dodge potion is ok too.
>>
>>36927704
If it does charge up the laser, perhaps we could get it to hit the smooze as well?
>>
>>36927704
Utter flutter all the way seems wise. Definetly freeing the minion ponies.

Hmmm.

Hello A-dony. Do you also have a bleeding hole in the fourth wall installed or did they patch out that weakness?
>>
>>36928096
I don't think I sold this well enough so let me explain this further. I want to watch Crystal walk up to A-don next turn and downsmash, by which I mean I want crystal to swipe down a punch from the robot.

Agree to drink the accuracy potion, I beseech.
>>
>>36928298
>>36928096
Shouldn't we ensure that Dusty and Crystal are harder to hit before we do any attacks or observations? What if the robot decides to attack either of them? How do we wake them up if they get K.O.ed?
>>
>>36927704
Ahuhuhu.~ Yes.~ Time for a big >rape orgy.
>>
>>36928380
kys Tenebris
>>
>>36928361
>make them harder to hit
That's the point of the smoke bomb. What's more, gem can actually stand there and have a stare down with the robot, holding the smoke bomb until the moment the robot moves close enough to attack.

>but what next turn, when they walk out of the smoke
That's also accounted for. Bullseye potion makes Crystal harder to hit, basically undamageable for a-donnis. Dusty doesn't have to leave the smoke and can still drink his prismic potion.
>>
>>36928395
>Bullseye potion makes Crystal harder to hit
Prismic makes Crystal harder to hit. Bullseye makes it easier for you to make hits. You got your potions mixed up. Check the earlier posts.
>>
>>36928409
I do not. Higher accuracy makes crystal harder to hit. Read swipe.

[Actions]
-Bash/Buck 60 70%
-Flurry strike 18 damage (Chain of strikes with weapon or hooves until a strike fails) accuracy 55%
-Tackle 35 60% (25% to grapple)
-Swipe 30 85% (Interrupts attacks on Crystal only counters attackers)
>>
>>36928434
>Prismic (15 time) makes target nearly invisible and 70% harder to hit or 5% if 70% consumes the entire to hit percent. (If 5% no crits are possible)
>Bull's Eye (15 time) Improves accuracy by 60% if up to 100% 15% for crits instead of 5%
How are you this dense. It says so right here.
>>
>>36928493
You did not read swipe.

-Swipe 30 85% (Interrupts attacks on Crystal only counters attackers)

With Bullseye potion
-Swipe 30 damage 100% accuracy (Interrupts attacks on Crystal only counters attackers)

Thus, crystal will be harder to hit.
>>
>>36927704
>Dusty
We're finally regrouped now. Let's perform a massive Utter Flutter formation with everyone. Changeling and moth pony hoof in hoof. Let's beat up our age old nemesis! Spam the Utter Flutter against the Smooze and the allicted people!
>Gem
Drink the Mammoth potion. GEM SMASH YOU!
>Crystal
Throw the Tangle potion at A-ss hole
>Buttons
Telekeisis Grapple to make it double hard for him to escape.

>>>Follow up round
>other mothponies and changelings
Continue to do battle with the Smooze and those still affilicted. If you still have the TP for it, keep up Utter Flutters, failing that try taunting and evading. If they dont attack your, they're liable to attack themselves.
>Dusty
Observe the robot
>Gem
AND HERE COMES A GIANT FIIIST! Punch it in the head if it looks like its charging up its laser.
>Crystal
Drink the Priss Pution
>Buttons
Telekensis
>>
>>36928518
That only applies to Crystal if the robot decides to attack Crystal. She would need to constantly use that move each turn if the enemy is expected to attack her first. It also only deals 30 damage
>only counters attackers
Citations. Only counters attacks. To Crystal. If the robot decides to attack someone else then it makes the move useless.
>>
>>36928544
I wonder if the utter flutter frees ponies form mind control as well as rage?
>>
>>36928550
He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. If she successfully does it once, she might gain aggro for a few turns.
>>
>>36928600
It might, but then you would just be wasting 5 TP when you could just kiss then for 1 action. If they're snoozed then Udder the Floppers.
>>
>>36928604
He comes with a giant synthetic robot cock or something right? I say we loot that when we defeat him. Then we loot the body to see if there is anything inside we could utilize. Afterwards we give the robot remains to Opus and her hive so they can claim a finders fee for it to pay for the damages done to their home, in addition to giving a smaller share to the moth ponies.
>>
>>36928604
Taunting would need to occur after the round Crystal drinks the potion.
In theory, if Crystal drinks the potion, what should everyone else do? What's stopping the robot, snooze, and changelings from attacking everyone?
>>
>>36927704
He's the one getting pounded this time! Tell the bugs to stay back so that they don't get controlled.
>>
>>36928681
We could tell them to focus on the swarm instead.
>>
>>36928681
If the bug dont do anything, then the angry bugs will swarm us. We're not exactly equipped with armor, dumbass.
>>
>>36928550
If crystal is not being attacked, she doesn't need the dodge. This also isn't a game where the enemies are that unpredictable or uncontrollable. This is no different from dusty using feint on anther. You do what is relevant, when relevant.

Prismatic simply makes crystal a bad target to hit. Drinking prismatic simply means the robot should very obviously attack someone else. Bullseye give crystal extra utility, and gives us more ways to manipulate A-donnis in general so that he doesn't simply target the defenseless buttons instead. 70% dodge also only coveres us for about 3 or 4 attacks on average.

Bullseye also makes it reasonable for crystal to attempt attacks and throws on targets inside of the smoke bomb clouds.

If anything, buttons should drink the second prismatic.
>>
>>36928635
The next turn, crystal exits the smoke and approches a-donnis, becoming a direct challenge and swatting away the attack.
Buttons walks out of cloud and unloads 3 pistol shots into the robot
Dusty, being hard to hit, gets into position to potentially bait the smooze If the smooze tries to attack him, it misses and he uses alchemis fire where it will hopefully hit both A-donnis and smooze. If the smooze attempts to attack crystal, she utterflutters whatever portion of the smooze's body approached crystal.
Gem flies up to get a cloud.

Turn after, gem uses the cloud on a-donnis.
Crystal uses flurry strike on A-donnis
Dusty again either utterflutters or alchemist fiires depending on what he didn't do last turn and baits the smooze by proximity.
Buttons finishes unloading revolver into robot. We could also have her shield buttons instead, if smooze goes for buttons this turn.
>>
>>36927704
Opus and Meadow: Focus on the swarm.
Buttons: Shoot Adonis in the eye
Gem: Smoke bomb
Dusty: Observe
Crystal: Shoot Adonis in the eye
>>
>>36928635
I answered the wrong question.

In theory, the thing protecting everyone this turn is a smoke screen. The think protecting us from changelings is the other changelings, as they are fighting eachother in the sky in a mad furry. we can have 3 units spend the round buffing while gem smokebombs.

Gem: smokebomb
Crystal: Bullseye
Dusty: prismatic
Buttons: prismatic, or else inventory management so they can prismatic next turn.
>>
Bump
>>
Safety bump
>>
>>36927704
I hope we get to loot the head and body for batteries.
>>
>>36930370
I think we gonna need an evil alien screwdriver for that.
>>
>>36931557
B
>>
Bedtime bump
>>
Note: i am not counting posts where I repeated myself.

>gem suggestions
Throw smoke bomb: 3
Drink mammoth: 1

Ok so we at least agree on SOMETHING. Smoke is almost definitely happening so we can otherwise strategize based on that.

>opus suggestions
deal with swarm: 2
prioritize smooze'd ponies but attack smooze: 1
Meadows has 1 of each suggestions, and is tied.

It is going to take a turn to convince opus that she's an active danger to us down here. We can't deal with her. She can't defend herself Her massive hp pool is a problem for us, not a solution. She is going to want to stay and beat the one who destroyed her home. There is only one thing I think we can convince her to do this turn, and that is to get inside of the smoke cloud we are making.

Meadows and opus need to get in the smoke so that we can talk to them.

After that, how about we split the difference. We keep meadows down here, hanging far back so that he can utter flutter any smoozed ponies before retreating again. Do NOT have him attack the smooze for damage, as that will just create more smooze pony enemies. His goal is not to get hit, so that we don't end up fighting ourselves. Opus, on the other hand, we have wait a turn before flying up. On the way up, we have her defend gem, who should be getting a cloud. After that, we just have opus stay up there and us her healing spell and utterflutter to get her changelings back.

Simplieifed this turn
Gem: smoke
But get opus and meadows to not attack and instead enter the smoke with us so we can talk.
Meadows: From now on, be as evasive as you can and only utterfluter to cure ponies.
Opus: Next turn, fuck off into the sky you liability. Help gem out on the way if she goes up with you.
>>
>>36933157
>Dusty:
prismatic: 1 1
observe robo: 1 1
command requiring cooperation of the swarm, which we don't currently have: 1
Explanations of later turns: some

If I discount the post where I said dusty should observe and only count my latest post, we're actually tied here. Thankfully, it doesn't matter much what order he does the two action in, though I would like to have the option to use dusty for other things on the second turn.

Buttons:
Rifle the robot eye: 1
Inventory manegment: 1
Telekenisis the robot: 1

We're tied again.
Ok, so smoke bomb is an action like utterfluter or feint or swipe, where it has to go first in order to be of almost any use at all. I'm fairly sure it has to have a relatively high priority. Observe, being an eyeball action that moves at almost the speed of light, probably has the highest priority whenever we don't delay it.

Telekinesis, maybe, would have a fairly high priority, but that hardly matters if next turn we take a -70% accuracy on everything we try to do. More importantly, I expect A-donnis to have a struggle % of 150 because his whole thing is muscles. (Gun!), on the other hand, is a basic attack and would have an accuracy of 15%. It isn't worth it.

And AFTER that point, buttons would just be standing in the open, only able to use barrier on herself only for it to instantly break and give her a magic migraine. She requires some kind of defensive option. If we give her bat wings, she will have that defensive option, but her vision will also worsen. Wings like those are for escaping a fight and sky defending. Sky defend gives 90% evasion only on turns when we decide to use it.

So, between buttons and crystal, we can either
Crystal prism: 70% dodge
Button bat: 90% dodge on turns where you do nothing and less accuracy on other turns
or we can
Crystal Bull: 100% swat on turns where you maybe do nothing and way more damage than normal on other turns
Prismic button: 70% dodge

So, what is your plan for buttons this fight? How does everyone else want to stop buttons from getting quickly downed?
>>
>>36933157
>>36933210
Who are you?
>>
>>36933245
Anon.
Why?
>>
>>36933157
Smoke bombs seem legit

We tried looking for clouds already. No dice. We're in a desert like county, so if Gem didnt see a cloud in the sky the first time, neither will Opus. Sticking our biggest damage sponge on cloud spotting duty would undermine her potential in this encounter. What you want to do is use a mothpony since they're far more observant, but again. Desert. No clouds.

>>36933210
>Telekenesis
>but that hardly matters if next turn we take a -70% accuracy on everything we try to do
Where'd you get that from, your own speculations?

>is a basic attack and would have an accuracy of 15%. It isn't worth it.
You're not making sense here.

>but her vision will also worsen.
Wheres it say that?

>So, what is your plan for buttons this fight? How does everyone else want to stop buttons from getting quickly downed?
Turn 1: drink prism
Turn 2: drink bull
All proceeding turns: fist of the north stall bullshit until robot ded
In those two turns, we need to remove the Smooze and smooze covered ponies so they dont accidentally touch Crystal. Nothings more scarier than an invisible punch monster that always hits.
>>
>>36933300
>You're not making sense here.
Buttons is supposed to be inside of a cloud of smoke. Her base accuracy is 85. 85-70 is 15. Shooting is a waste of a turn next turn.

The idea that particularly huge and strong opponents can overpower telekinesis was discussed when buttons was talking to the moth ponies and trying not to get mobbed to death. The -70% accuracy applies to anyone in smoke, and buttons can't reasonably leave the smoke until she has some defensive option.
However, that accuracy may not matter technically if she gets it off before the smoke comes out, as we don't have information about the relationship between accuracy and grabbling actions in general.
Note that the robot is also perfectly capable of attacking whiteout moving, both through mind control and lasers.
Thus, gun is a very inefficient choice and telekinesis is most probably totally ineffective in a number of different ways.

>Turn 1: drink prism
>Turn 2: drink bull
We've never had potion effects stack before and these seem like they qualify as transformations. Also, if you give BOTH potions to buttons, the question becomes "ok how will you keep crystal alive then?"

>where does it say that
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/30576982/#q30629796

[Abilities]
Flying, eco location worse eyesight.
Not good for a person who shoots guns, offensively speaking.
>>
>>36933300
I'm not sending opus up to find clouds, I'm sending opus up to heal and help changelings and maybe defend gem a bit using the buddy system. I was sending gem up to find a cloud.

>biggest damage sponge
The robot can oneshot her and has no reason to ever attack her with his weaker fist. Damage sponges are not to our advantage. They are to the robot's advantage and also the smooze's advantage. It isn't the robot that would have a hard time and use resources and turns eating through a large hp pool, it is us.

However, if we can't find a cloud, we can make one. If opus gives a low-hp changeling one of crystal's mist potions, that changeling can come down and volunteer itself as a cloud.

So, new plan is to have opus use her turn taking the mist potion from crystal, and still leave next turn.
>>
>>36933331
>eco location
Now that looks promising. White smoke must be completely transparent to ultrasound.
>>
>>36933478
It would also be the first time in her life she had ever used it. Even if she can figure out how to very accurately obtain the location of the target relative to herself, the micro-adjustments of aiming a gun would prove challenging enough that she would be better off depending on muscle memory. There is a reason guns have sights on them.

In other words, echolocation is all that lets her shoot at a particular target from the smoke at all, and probably wouldn't help her accuracy that much with non-melee.
It also would become mostly irrelevant the moment she left the smoke, and her vision would still be worsened.
>>
I know you want to turn Buttons into a bat pony but wouldn't that make her horn disappear? So far we've only used nightwing on Crystal who already doesn't seem to have or at least use earth pony strength that often and she never used her bat pony powers in combat so we don't know if it eliminated her racial abilities like it did with Mammoth Dusty.
Also could a transformation potion eliminate a changeling, moth pony, or Queen Changeling's weakness to mind control?
>>
>>36934162
I don't know who you mean with 'you'. One person, not me, has mentioned that echolocation might be cool with smoke. My desire continues to be getting buttons to drink the prismic potion and only the prismic potion.

>if it eliminated her racial abilities like it did with Mammoth Dusty.
As far as I am concerned, that's your answer right there. If we give buttons a bat pony transformation, she will no longer be able to use magic, which also means no using magic to aim or pull the trigger. That might not be a deal breaker every time, but it doesn't look good here.

So that means buttons can't reasonably use bat potion to fight this fight. I reiterate the question. What do we do with her so that she doesn't just get bodied and is perhaps even useful? She represents a lot of dps, and one of the few people not susceptible to mind control at the moment.

>mind control resistance
Maybe, but there's an extra issue there. I suspect that the mind control weakness is related to being a flutterpony, so any unit we transform will probably also lose their ability to use the utterflutter. It is also possible that they will lose the physical body needed but still posses a controllable flutterpony soul or something like that, since we don't know how it works. There just isn't much utility to this potential mechanic, right now.
>>
>>36933331
>"ok how will you keep crystal alive then?
Potions are for Crystal, not Button. Did you intentionally read over the part where I mention fist of the north star bullshit?

>Not good for a person who shoots guns, offensively speaking.
Then dont give it to her. Its daytime.

>I was sending gem up to find a cloud.
Sky is clear ain't it?
>Hidden Gem looks for clouds but does not see one near by.

>>36933344
That one shot laser requires several rounds to charge up, which is plenty of time to make her dodge or do something else.

Bat Buttons seems kinda a shit idea f a m
>>
>>36935483
>Bat Buttons seems kinda a shit idea f a m
Good. Glad you agree. I am glad everyone seems to be almost unanimous that bat buttons is ultimately not the right choice, because that is the exact conclusion I was pushing for.

>fist of the north star confusion
Punching is punching and I figured you just meant buttons would be better at punching with higher accuracy, which she would.
Still, if you didn't answer the question then I just have to ask it again. How will we keep buttons alive and useful if we don't give her the prismatic potion OR the bat potion?

>no clouds, gem just checked a minute ago.
Ah, ok.

>the laser
It takes 2 turns, one to wind up and one to fire. That's particularly concerning because opus could spend that turn mind controlled and the subsequent turn smoozed without being able to dodge. We also don't know if opus even has a sky defend.
>>
>>36935604
Spam Utter Flutter then
>>
>>36935690
On the robot? You think we can stun metal? Are you saying to spam utterflutter so that we can keep buttons from getting hit?

I mean, if it works on the robot, that's not an unreasonable decision. We would use up 3 out of every 5 of the robot's turns and we would be unable to use any utterflutter on smooze or smooze ponies.
So that solves half our problem. If we go full agro, the ROBOT stops being such a concern. However, when he does get a turn, we would quickly lose one of our flutterponies without anyone having utterflutter up and the strategy would fall apart.

And also smooze would be able to do literally whatever it wanted the whole time.
>>
>>36935778
Nah nah. On the Smooze.
>>
>>36935858
... so how does that answer the question, then? I'm not even scared of the smooze. The smooze is stupid. The smooze can just have a sky defending pony dangled in front of it each turn from here until the end of the fight. Losing a pony to the smooze is a temporary inconvenience. Damaging the smooze results in a bunch more enemies spawning. and that's much more dangerous. We only got away with that bat pony because crystal was allowed to stand out in the open and hold her still when it counted.

But again, the question wasn't about what to do about the smooze, the question was how to prevent the robot from punching buttons in her face two turns in a row.
>>
>>36935898
Bump
>>
>>36937295
>>
>>36937763
Bwewp
>>
>>36938275
>>
>>36938937
>>
File: lf578.png (183 KB, 600x600)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>36928129
"Weakness, Ha, you underestimate how easy it will be to mop the floor with your shitty recolor avatars just by listening into you autistic nerds," A-Donis mocks.
>>36933157
>>36927764
>>36927917
>>36928096

>You are fighting A-donis and The Smooze

Buttons wastes no time Firing her rifle at A-Donis aiming for the eye dealing 150 damage! The glass displaying the eye shows some wear.
Opus Follows up and delivers her strongest kick to the robot dealing 80 damage!
"Wait, what's a recolor?" Dusty asks.
>"Let me LASER POINT it out," A-Donis mocks as he begins charging his laser!
Before Dusty Gets his answer Gem throws a smoke bomb!
"Opus, I know you want to help but it's too dangerous to help us!"
>""Not after what that fuck did to My Hive, You and Me! I'm not letting him get away!
Crystal Drinks a Bull's Eye Potion.
The smooze Tries to attack Dusty Miller but misses in the smoke!
Dusty Drinks a Prismic potion.
Meadows flaps above the smoke and observes A-Donis

>A-Donis HP 2500
-Mind control (100% Flutterponies)
-Punch 126 75%
-Laser 1244 1 charge 1 recovery 75%
-Call back-up
>Immune to potions that affect biological creatures, weak to attacks on the eye and moisture penetrating cracks in the armor and joint protection boots are susceptible to burning. Prideful and confident in physique.

>"Like what you see old Stallion?" A-Donis asks.
>"Umm your highness That pegasus might be right... This doesn't look good Meadows states.
>"If you want to leave you can, I'm not going anywhere!" Opus maintains.
>"I... I'll make sure we do our best with the Smooze." Meadows says before leaving the party!
"Opus what about your changelings should you try to keep them in fighting shape, especially when your missing tribesponies are attacking." Gem pleads.
>"I have confidence in them, Opus declares, "Besides, the biggest threat to my tribe is right in front of me!
The Changelings and moth ponies hit the Smooze with a combined Utter Flutter dealing 6000 damage!

(Obscured -70%) : 2
Dusty Miller HP:175 TP:5 (Transparent)
Crystal Lattice HP:158
Clever Buttons HP:190 MP:60 (Bull's Eye)

>A-Donis HP: 2270
>The Smooze (Source) HP: -6000 / ????
>>
Sorry Crystal Should have the Bull's Eye Not Buttons...
>>
>>36942568
Gem: attack Adonis leg's with either a bash or a kick.
>>
>>36942568
>>A-Donis HP 2500
Fucking hell! We were only a tiny bit over 500 from beating him! Mammoth Dusty could've wiped the floor with this bastard if you idiots didn't insist on having him abandon Gem.

Dusty: Scale flap
Gem: Sky defend (would a smoke screen count as a cloud?)
Crystal: Alchemist fire
Buttons: Flare on joint boots
Crystal
>>
>>36942642
>>>A-Donis HP 2500
>Fucking hell! We were only a tiny bit over 500 from beating him! Mammoth Dusty could've wiped the floor with this bastard if you idiots didn't insist on having him abandon Gem.

unless of course that is his health now after the fight gem gave him and hasn't healed at all off screen.
>>
>>36942685
He's had an entire fucking day to heal! Also, we wouldn't have a health ending with 00 if that were the case.
>>
>>36942685
Hard to say. He does look like somebody wiped the floor with him, but he always looks like that.
Perhaps that's why his robo-mother despised him.
>>
>>36942717
How would he heal? Hes a robot.
>>
>>36943069
The correct term for a robot is repair, and since we're dealing with alien tech, I'd bet they have something like nanotechnology that works as an inorganic equivalent to health potions.
>>
>>36942568
Opus: take one of the mist potion, drink it, and get in there to fuck him up after the laser
Crystal: give the Alchemist fire to Buttons
Gem: Opus, that laser means he's charging a powerful sttack. Get in the smoke, quickly!
Dusty: fly out and use Scale Flap
Buttons: reload your revolver
>>
>>36942604
Not this. He could target Gem once she leaves the protection of the smoke.

>>36942642
Changing Crystal suggestion to support this anon's. Crystal is really fucking accurate right now and will likely hit him.
>>
>>36942642
That assumes that adonis, I argue for the billionth time, wouldn't simply control dusty. It is the same problem as opus, or close. Mammoth represents too much value for that sort of thing.

>>36942568
>the robot can hear us
That's a bit of a problem, but there are solutions.

>all attacks are 75% accuracy
oh that's the best news.

Dusty, who is transparent, does not need to take cover this turn.
Dusty: Alchemist fire focused on robot. If some gets on the smooze, that's cool. There is no need for you to be in the smoke, at all.

Crystal: leaving the smoke this turn is bacd, but she has high enough accuracy to attack from in the smoke. However, I think her turn is better spent giving the prismatic potion to buttons. Crystal should ALSO know if it is actually reasonable for crystal to drink a second potion, or not.
Crystal: give buttons the good shit, but whatever you do, DON'T overwrite the potion you already drank.

Buttons: She has to hide in smoke. That's the only reasonable option. I also want her to drink a potion but all that really matters is that she gets in the smoke.

Gem: you can sky defend or you can use an item in the smoke. There is... some utility in having gem taunt the smooze and sky defend. However, I want her to ask a question to crystal. If gem can still fly after drinking the Cephelo potion, I want her to drink it. If, on the other hand, it removes sky defend from her moveset, I do not want her to use it.
Gem: drink cephelo potion if crystal says that is reasonable or sky defend and taunt smooze if it is not.

>medoes, the one we could use, left
>opus, the one who can fuck us, stayed
A poem: fick fuck fuck fuck fickety fuck fuck.I said fick fuck. That means fuck, ya knuck.
Her's how much I don't like that. I want gem to tell opus to whoop his ass and then I want gem to defend herself and watch while opus gets removed from combat.

>The Changelings and moth ponies hit the Smooze with a combined Utter Flutter dealing 6000 damage!
Wha... what do you even mean? What do you mean they all used their utterflutter on the smooze instead of on cleaning the smooze off of each other?

Win your own fights, guyes! Come down when you are good and ready.
>>
>>36942568
A-Donis I hate to say it. But you kind of almost got slapped by Gem alone.

She has the magic of friendship now and all that.
>>
>>36943435
One kiss, and he'd switch back to our side. Also, we don't know if mammoth form is vulnerable to mind control since it looses all racial traits.
>>
>>36943176
>Dusty: fly out and use Scale Flap
Are you trying to blind the robot?
>Crystal: give the Alchemist fire to Buttons
This is... why? Why do that?
Crystal is the accurate one right now and dusty is also available for fire throwing.
>>36942642
Multiple people want to try to blind a robot using scales? That probably isn't even his camera!

>>36943440
She had an actual army last time.
>>
>>36943492
It's his literal eye.
>>
>>36943502
>The glass displaying the eye shows some wear.
>displaying
That's weird wording, but fine, maybe it's the actual eye. However, the robot is about to fire a laser out of that eye, burning away any scale residue we apply. If you all want to use scale flap, do it next turn when it will potentially have an effect.

So, would you all agree to wait one turn to apply scale flap and have dusty throw fire or something this turn? A-donnis actually can't get any less accurate this turn.
>>
>>36943531
Than how about Dusty throw fire and Crystal shoot his eye? I'd rather not burn through our consumables so quickly.
>>
>>36943563
>Crystal shoot eye
Not bad but I still think crystal's turn is best served simply handing buttons a prismatic OR drinking the prismatic herself.
Or throwing her m80.
>>
>>36943595
Don't forget that her bonus accuracy is temporary, so we should prioritize actions that use it.
>>
>>36943693
Short transformations last like 30 minutes. It's not a concern. Do you have reason to believe that these will expire much much sooner?
>>
>>36943720
No, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.
>>
>>36943731
Lets say that you have two attacks, both with 99% accuracy. One is a physical attack, for 100 damage. One is a magical attack, for 10 damage.
Punch:100 99%
Magic:10 99%

Lets say you drink a potion of duelcast. Now, your spells are cast twice for 3 turns. That does NOT mean that it is a good idea to use your magic attack. Prioritizing a temporary effect is not good reasoning or strategy in all situations. That's the logical flaw that companies take advantage of when they put products 'on sale'.

It is not 'caution' to make sure you never miss a sale.
>>
>>36943774
Fine, you want a different argument? How about the fact that we still have to deal with one more alien, whatever is left of the Smooze, the enraged ponies, the swarm, and however many sex crazed ponies or possessed objects lie between us and the final alien. So using our hard to replace consumable items solely because we have them is a long-term strategic blunder.
>>
>>36943492
We do still have an actual army.
>>
>>36943838
Against the smooze ponies, most of our items basically don't do anything. Maybe we need to keep an 80 or two.
Against the smooze, nothing we have even comes close to comparing to the 6000 damage that was just done, and mammoth potions would not be advised.

That leaves furniture, which we can generally deal with using just a bit of hp, and sex-zombies, which aren't going to be much harder than they were back home.

So basically every item we don't use here is to be used against the astronaut and a potential 'final alien.' I think two mammoth potions, a bunch of hp, our other alchemist fire, a smoke bomb, tons of cyto-crash and tenticles, bullets, assorted more transformations, and shrink have us covered.

Once we reach that point, crystal will likely have all the time in the world to replace our nonsense. There are only a few really useful items we might want to consider really reserving, and items crystal can make are not on that list.

So fine, are you arguing we should refuse to use m80s or do you simply want to avoid using literally anything? What are your actual conservation desires for this fight, and are you really going to argue that the amount of hp items buttons will use are less valuable than the 15 minute potion? I originally wanted to toss the shrink potion at the robot, but now I think that should be saved for the alien.

Like, are you trying to say we should avoid using anything more at all or what?
>>
>>36943958
Crystal making more potions is a "long rest" action. So we are likely not gonna get another chance to make potions.I'm saying we should use our heads and have an actual reason for using items and be able to determine a good time and way to use them. Defensive items should be focused on the ponies that are likely to get the majority of his attention or as a panic option for a major attack. Offensive items should be used slowly when we know a dangerous fight is coming later and we are extremely unlikely to replace them. Tactical items should be used as needed to gain an advantage in a given fight(ex. don't use an item that causes confusion on an opponent that is paralyzed/asleep for longer that the confusion would affect them). One thing you overlooked is his "Call back-up" ability where an AoE item would be very useful. Another is that Prismatic should be prioritized to individuals that will get and maintain aggro.

On a side note, >>36943774 is a strawman argument where you effectively give a ranged weapon to somebody that's blind or a two handed weapon to somebody that's missing an arm to create a favorable scenario for you. And even in your scenario, if the character has spells that gives useful effects, it could be superior to straight DPS depending on the situation.
>>
>>36944040
>if the character has spells that gives useful effects,
It's my scenario and they don't have such effects. The things being displayed here is NOT a representation of the other person's argument. It is a hypothetical where I display that 'better than before' and 'temporary' still doesn't mean 'best current value.'

The argument I was arguing against was that actions which take advantage of temporary bonuses should be prioritized. Even in your counter argument, you've pointed out that the actual value of the option compared to other options is the important part, not the halflife of the option.

>.I'm saying we should use our heads and have an actual reason for using items and be able to determine a good time and way to use them. Defensive items should be focused on the ponies that are likely to get the majority of his attention or as a panic option for a major attack.
This, I can work with. We are currently offering 3 of our 4 pony's a method of getting more value out of their hp. These defensive options have no effect unless the pony with these options also happens to be the target of an attack. If 3 out of 4 ponies are well-defended, the enemy can simply attack the enemy that isn't well-defended and so the enemy can get the full hp-per-turn value out of their attacks by just attacking that last target.

If everyone BUT one pony is well defended, basically none of them have any effective defense at all and the hp consumables will be used rapidly all the same.

That is my argument for why this specific fight is a better time to use up both dodge potions.

> Offensive items should be used slowly when we know a dangerous fight is coming later and we are extremely unlikely to replace them.
Fine. No more offensive items after one of our two alchemist fires.
>>
>>36944090
I'd rather give it to Gem than Crystal or Buttons since she has a habit of taunting (pulling aggro) which, if used well, could get more attacks directed at her than anybody else. Opus would be my second choice, but there's the risk she can be forced to switch sides. If Gem could use her turn taking the potion from Crystal rather than Crystal using her turn to give the potion, I'd be for it.

You still gave an almost pure fighter an item that should only be used by a spell caster to create a favorable scenario for yourself.
Example of scenarios where a no effect low damage magic attack move is superior to a high damage melee attack: The enemy prepared a counter move that can negate and punish any incoming physical attacks. The enemy is able to negate all physical damage, but magic can bypass his defenses.
>>
>>36944130
All valid scenarios that are contradictory to the purpose of the scenario I constructed and so weren't included.
I could have made it
Punch 100 99%
JustAWorsePunch 10 99%, but this one gets doubled in damage amount by a potion
You're not arguing against the point. The point is what I stated the point is: temporary effects should not be prioritized just due to being temporary.

>Crystal tends to draw agro
I'm saying that the person without defense automatically draws the agro of a smart opponent who can hear us talking.
>>
>>36944166
I said Gem, Not Crystal. Even a smart opponent who's cheating can, make mistakes, ignore important info, or get so pissed they stop thinking straight.
>>
>>36944186
If we were just gonna depend on gem being a very taunty girl, we wouldn't need any defense at all.
I trust the smooze to fall for that, not the robot.

The robot is also more likely to fall for bad information if it is frustrated, like it might be frustrated if it can't hit 3 of our units and the 4rth one keeps swatting aside his attacks, insulting his strength with her existence.

Wait wait wait, you would rather give a +70% evasion to a character who has a 90% evasion move while we are fighting a character who has 75% accuracy? You know the minimum hit% is 5, right? As in, prism potion doesn't so much for gem and dusty just has one because he's a flutterpony.
>>
>>36944212
It would allow her to ignore defense in favor of beating the shit out of him again.
>>
>>36944228
You're using a potion to secure gem's 77 damage per turn when you could use a potion to get buttons'es 150 to 360 damage per turn + utility spells.

Also, if opus is smart enough to get in the smoke, we could give her a crystal'es mist potion. Those things aren't THAT useful and it would let her help without being a potential burden. We have plenty of mist potions. Would you authorize that expenditure, conservation anon? This would also let us get double-value out of using crystal's turn on item-distribution.
>>
>>36944262
We don't know if a pony can give out multiple potions in one turn and I'm against giving her the mist potion. As for Button, she's a ranged fighter and Adonis is a melee fighter, she can just move out of range of his general attack and go for cover when he charges for range.
>>
>>36944280
>we don't know about multi item movement
oh no that bit I know absolutely. A single unit can, if they dedicate their turn to item movement, move basically any number of items into and out of their own and adjacent inventory's, where adjacent is loosely defined and includes the floor. This has been done before and there is no reason to think that potions are that extremely exceptional.

>just don't be near him lol
>in a turn based strategy game without a grid system
You're asking to have her run from battle. You know 'just get out of the way' is a good portion of what accuracy and evasion represent here, yeah?
>>
>>36944280
OK
ok
how about this.

Buttons DOESN'T drink the potion.
Crystal DOES fire the dinky 50 damage laser this turn.
Buttons uses their turn to switch the prismatic potion out for on of their empty speedloaders.

And finally, we test your theory. We wait until the robot jumps over to buttons using his near-flying hulk-strength legs and punches buttons in her 'standing far away' face. We just wait until that happens, and then we drink the potion.

Deal? Buttons doesn't have anything else useful to do this turn.
>>
>>36944304
We aren't given enough info to determine positioning unless we expressly state it. She should keep a few pony lengths away from him where she can reliably hit her target without worrying about being punched and close enough to something she can put between herself and him so anything short of a focused attack can't reach her. Also, we have the M80 in reserve in case he calls in some of the swarm to attack her. So she's essentially protected. She also has a ranged defensive spell that can eat most of his basic attack thus protecting her allies. Dusty is already Prismatic, so we can't reasonably do more to increase his defense. Crystal has an invincible defense move. Gem could be made prismatic as well. Leaving only Opus, the one with the most HP, with the lowest defense. I'd like to plan for her better, but I can't find her move list, so I don't think we have any control over her.
>>
>>36944339
That's worse. Now Buttons is doing no damage this turn and she might be picking up a potion that's useless to her.
>>
>>36944622
Buttons is already and should be doing no damage this turn. She's standing in smoke and her attacks all use ammo.
>>
>>36944636
Magic
>>
>>36944655
Mp is ammo too.
ANd wait no lets take a step back.
1. you WANT the potion to not be used so you shouldn't care if it is useful
2. it is ALSO useless in crystal's inventory, so your complaint actually just doesn't work here
3.-Flare uses 15 mp at 70% accuracy, and so is down to 5% this turn when we're already going to light the robot on fire another way. That's a wasted turn.

You are at this point saying that you would rather waste a turn and some mp instead of taking an option that covers your ass if you are wrong while also giving you your way if you are right. Like that just seems like spite.
>>
>>36944685
Please tell me you're on the discord
>>
>>36944696
nope
>>
>>36944701
Than I'm not going to continue debating with you for reasons you already mentioned.
>>
>>36944704
so it's spite? You're actually admitting to deciding on actions that don't make sense just so that I can't possibly take a future action IF appropriate?
Because that's the only reason I've mentioned why you wouldn't want to talk.
>>
>>36944713
YOU FCKING ASSHOLE!! You said it yourself that we shouldn't discuss our plans opennly and you've been spending this entire time trying to drag mine out in the open and disect it because I dared to challege your galazy brained idea.
>>
>>36942568
Wait, why would "muscles" even matter to a robot?
>>
>>36944734
Oh you wanted to cheat.
Naw.
"I have secret idea I want to keep from the robot" is all you had to say.

Now, I very much doubt that crystal can drink the thing without loosing bullseye effect, so I have no idea how you're going to get an advantage out of keeping it in her inventory, but fine. The idea that you can set a trap so elaborate that the robot will be unable to react whenever you inevitably make your move is also alien to me. The idea that giving shitty fake reasons would convince anyone is absurd.

>You said it yourself that we shouldn't discuss our plans opennly
No, I said the robot would hear us and be able to react. I had no plans to NOT plan. I was just gonna beat him regardless of his mind reading, if anything it makes him predictable.

Buttons: shoot your rifle through the smoke. We need the extra 10% accuracy here.
>>
>>36944791
>Oh you wanted to cheat.
Fuck your holier than thou bullshit. I'm out and I retract all my prior suggestions and comments. Good luck trying not to get us raped.

>>36942568
Bath, ignore everything with the Octavia flag.
>>
>>36944813
>holier than thou
Ay, I didn't tell you not to cheat or get on your case or call you names. I'm just not gonna.
Didn't even think you were mad until near the end there.
>>
>>36943492
>Are you trying to blind the robot?
Seems like a good idea. Is there a reason not to?

>>36943531
Dusty is Prismicified. He's hardly a viable target with that 5% hit chance.

>>36943731
There's no evidence to point out that the potion will end within the next few rounds.

>>36943838
our new army can deal with the EVERYTHING thanks t the majority of them learning the Utter Flutter. It can deal with the smooze and enraged ponies, and they can esentially "one hit defeat" the mind controlled people with kisses.
Worrying about consumables isn't that much a problem. It's why we have them, to consume them when we need them, and we need to consume them so we don't die?

>>36944734
>>36944791
Damn you mother fuckers been at this discussions. I think A-donis thinks we're too autistic to listen too.
>>
Bump
>>
>>36945777
>Seems like a good idea. Is there a reason not to?
My reason was stated in the post you quoted.
1. I wasn't really convinced that was his actual eye, but I have now agreed to act like it is.
2. we can't irritate glass the same way we can irritate dirty biological eye, but you can still get the lens dirty
In other words, no. No there is no good reason not to, was the conclusion.

>Dusty is Prismicified. He's hardly a viable target with that 5% hit chance.
I'm... not sure you were following. Blindnes isn't to make dusty harder to hit, it is to make other people maybe harder to hit. The argument against doing it this turn was because it doesn't do anything this turn and the laser might instantly cure a-donnis of the blindness debuff this turn.
>>
>Also, if opus is smart enough to get in the smoke,
>watch while opus gets removed from combat.

You people just really don't think anything through, do you? It is like you don't even consider consequences. What happens if A-donis, knowing he can't hit anyone but Opus and that you want him to hit Opus, turns his laser away from us and blasts some poor innocent's houses? If random ponies have to suffer just so that you can get your own teammate hit, you're the bad guys. I don't think I could side with us anymore if the robot did that.
>>
>>36947208
Weak bait faggot
>>
>>36942568
>Dusty
Scale Flap to blind his eye. Body. Everything. Something on his body has to be the eyes. Tell Opus we'll give her a signal to attack, which is after the do the move.
>Crystal
yeet the alchemist fire to fuck up rubber boots. Fire tis its weakness
>Button
If Dusty manages to successfully blind the robot, poke out of the smoke and shoot him in the eye. If the robot is not blinded then reload your gun.
>Gem
If Dusty manages to successfully blind Adonis, go drop bash him in the face. If he hasnt been blinded yet, then sky defend.
>>
File: lf579.png (222 KB, 600x600)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
Buttons already reloaded her revolver
>>36942788
>"Pft, our mother despises us all we are all tools to bring about the ends and for our transgressions in the end we will be cast out of the perfect world. But you nerds wouldn't understand sacrifice!" A-Donis blurts out.
>>36943440
>"I guess all those free hits I gave her didn't count then? Also what >>36943492 said. You're not fighting me with your own mind controller anymore, ponies!"
>>36944785
>"I guess a manlette like you wouldn't understand the satisfaction of peak performance,"
>>36945777
>"Finally one of you nerds is talking sense! You are all very boring."
>>36942642
>>36943176
>>36943435
>>36944186
"Opus, stay in the smoke! He's about to fire!" Gem warns.
>"I re member bits of that fight, it's all foogy but I remember that laser... and pain. By the way does anypony know who is he talking to?" Opus asks.
"I have an idea, but it can wait,"Buttons barks.
A-Donis fires his laser targeting Hidden Gem, and misses.
Crystal peers through the haze and lobs an Alchemist fire at A-Donis, the potion hits and as the robot is engulfed in flames the rubber boots between his joints are burnt off.
>I think I see my opening!" Opus calls out. Somehow through the fog Opus manages to target A-Donis and quickly delivers a mighty kick to the robot before flittering back into the smoke dealing 80 damage!
Dusty Tries to target the same general area and manages to successfully use scale flap on the robot! unfortunately the robot is immune.
Buttons bides her time.
"Crystal, do you think that if I took that Cephalo potion I could still fly?" Gem asks.
"I do not know, Yes. It usually turns a pony's legs into tentacles. Yes," Crystal responds.
Crystal wishes she could take more potions to improve her abilities but knows that if she takes any other potion right now, she'll lose the effects of Bull's Eye.
The Smooze Attempts to slam Buttons and misses.
Gem commits to simply defending herself.

(Obscured -70%) : 1
Dusty Miller HP:175 TP:3 (Transparent)
Crystal Lattice HP:158 (Bull's Eye)

>A-Donis HP: 2190 (Rebooting)
>>
>>36950172
>unfortunately the robot is immune.
Well, was worth a shot. Didn't really think it would work.

>A-Donnis hit with fire potion
>no damage, not burning, covered in flaming liquid, but not burning
uh
Ok sure fine.

>Rebooting
... ok
Opus, do whatever you feel like and ignore us I guess.
Dusty, bash Adonis leg joint. See if you can taunt the smooze while you are at it.
Gem: you have a wrench and an opportunity. Use it. See if you can find a bolt in his punching arm to steal.
Crystal: flurry strikes, preferably on the leg joint dusty is not targeting.
Buttons: shoot eye more. Use rifle if you need to in order to hit a weak point, or 3 revolver bullets if a perfectly stationary target still lets you hit a weak point.
>>
>>36950172
Dusty: use observe on the smooze.
Gem: Drop Bash Adonis in the eye hole then fly back into the smoke
Crystal: Laser Adonis in the eye with you super sights.
Button: peer through the smoke real quick and shoot him in the eye with your revolver before moving back into cover. You're the most mature adult here. Plead with Opus to Utter Flutter the heck out of the Smooze.
Opus: fucking lmao flying drop kick the fucker in the eye.
>>
>>36950172
>Crystal
https://youtu.be/c6AJw6T5Mlc
It's time for you to shine. FLURRY STRIKE! Hit him with your Gooood Hoooof!

>Button
Shoot the eye

>Opus
What is wrong with you woman? Dont you see everyone aiming for his weak spot? Get with the program.

>Dusty
Distract the Smooze with an M80 to keep it off of everyone else, then use observe on it on your next turn.

>Gem
Coordinate your attack with Opus, and see if you can knock the robot prone
>>
>>36950172
You also don't seem to have an army of Changelings with you this time, Ego the Ego. But I'm guessing that's what that 'Call back-up' ability is, hm?
The question is are you going to let your hubris prevent you from using it until you're on your last legs like some second-rate cartoon villain?
>>
>>36950172
Gem: Use mammoth potion
Dusty: Bash Adonis's eye
Crystal: Flurry strike Adonis's eye
Buttons: Cast Barrier on Gem.
>>
>>36950392
>gem does not actually have wrench
It's fine, I am sure they use pentagonal nuts or something.
Changing vote to gem bash the eye. If he's just gonna give us a free turn we should do as much damage as we can.

Opus, hit da boi.

>Mocking the robot
I don't think he can hear us right now... maybe when he wakes back up?

>weak to attacks on the eye and moisture penetrating cracks in the armor
Hey, maybe it is a good idea to push him back into the smooze this turn. I think only opus has a chance. We could instead just keep all our units on the opposite side of the smooze from a donis, hoping that the smooze covers adonis while trying to get to us.

If we try for something like this, there would basically be smooze all up inside of adonis, shorting everything out, but we might have to change our turn up considerably.
>>
>>36950172
I am legitimately amazed you whiffed the laser blast. Cant you read their stats?

Also your a robot.

You dont have gains. That's just a bunch of metal and plastic shaped as a mockup of a muscular human body. Which is fake.

As fake as the muscles on Papryus from undertale. Who you remind me a lot of actually. If he was a jerk.
>>
>>36950172
I love how the smooze looks vaguely concerned about Adonis's apparent mental breakdown.

Also random guesses. But have we met your robo mama before?
>>
>>36950172
Pushing him into the smooze is definetly worth a shot, if there are any clouds around the pegasi might be able to make it rain?

Or any potions that are entirely liquid.
>>
>>36950172
I want to fuck Adonis's robot mama. I wanna mating press that bitch into the ground.

>>36952338
Time to see if we can agro him.

>>36952351
This has been asked many times, and answered many times over. There are no clouds.
>>
>>36952332
I think he might be keeping the wildcard ally on our team up intentionally. If he's gonna do that, he basically has to control her or else he's basically let us keep a damage source for no reason.

>>36952351
We could maybe pour dusty's hp potion into his neck joint. A mist potion is technically an option, but that is forbidden for secret reasons.
>>
Bunp
>>
>>36952522
Adonis you fag what did you do with all the clouds?
>>
You know, if we argue enough, maybe adonis will just kys himself.
>>
File: lf580.png (232 KB, 600x600)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
>>36950869
>>36951820
>"Oh I can hear you. I'm just building back more energy to stomp you're pathetic ponies," Adonis threatens.
>>36952332
>"Unfortunately I can only hear your snively voices, and not your cowardous hack of a QM. Beyond this doomed world they can see everything, unfortunately I only get the messages from us on the outside on a lengthy delay. Despite what you may say about my glistening metal pecks and Steel hard 6 pack, the fact is I have all of these muscles and you don't!"
>>36952338
>"Perhaps, her final piece located in your reality which we will unfortunately hate to come for last."
>>36953637
>"They're in a desert, Dipshit."
>>36950392
>>36950633
>>36950665
"Now's out chance!" Gem shouts.
Opus and Gem burst from the smoke Gem goes for a dop bash and swings too early and Ops tries to kick again but misses the mark.
Crystal Pops from the Smoke and attempts to quick flurry of attacks on A-Donis managing to hit the machine 3 times dealing 84 damage!
Crystal is unable to reach A-Donis' eye with melee damage.
Dusty tries to follow Crystal's lead with his own swipe at the legs and misses as he bursts from the smoke.
Buttons Fires from the smoke with her revolver and out of three shots lands one on the eye dealing 120 damage and cracking the glass more!
The Smooze attempts to engulf Gem and misses.

"Opus next time aim for eye!" Gem advises.
>"I was having a hard enough time just seeing through that smoke," Opus says defensively.
"You're highness, you really should just focus on the Smooze," Buttons pleads, we can take care of this mare murdering robot!"
>"I won't let it scare me! This is my fight just as much as you!"
>"Ha, and you think I'm over confident!" Adonis laughs, "You can't even work together when you're all here. You might as well just lay down and wait for the inevitable! And that Plan about pushing me into the Smooze? Who do you think controls this living potion?"

>Smoke subsides

Dusty Miller HP:175 TP:4 (Transparent)
Crystal Lattice HP:158 (Bull's Eye)

>A-Donis HP: 1986
>>
>>36955330
Gem: Use mammoth potion
Dusty: Bash Adonis's eye
Crystal: Flurry strike or Tangle on Adonis
Buttons: Cast Barrier on Gem or shoot Adonis's eye again.
>>
>>36955330
You know for an avatar of mechanical perfection I wouldn't have expected you to mix up your and you're like that. Plus, c'mon, don't bully bath the dude's out there in the sticks doing military shit. Even your rotten ass gotta at least respect the call of duty.
Next, they're pectorals. There's no K in there.
If you're going to mimic our glorious human form with your flimsy plastics and easily-rusted metals, the least you can do is try to get the spelling right.

Also, deserts still get clouds idiot. You want me to start dictating wikipedia articles about how deserts form? I'll fuckin' do it because it's pretty neat info, don't you test my capability to be a pedantic shit boyo.
>>
>>36955330
You're already pretty beat up Adony. You're gonna be in trouble if you let them keep nailing you in the eye. Those meaningless metal muscles you love so much won't mean anything without a central processor to use them!
>>
File: Muscle suit.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>36955330
Oh please, I have better muscles than your paint job.
>>
>>36955330
Button: Opus is an empath. Let her feel how angry you are about the robot. Tell her how they put you and your friend through hell, only to have her killed right in front of you. She at least gets to keep her family if she wins, but if she keeps fucking around then she'll lose it all.
Prepare a shield spell to block the Smooze's next attack. We cant afford to let it Smooze anyone, but if you manage to convince Opus to attack the Smooze, then just continue shooting Adonis in the eye.
Crystal: FLURRY STRIKE! THE TIME IS RIGHT!
Gem: drop bash on the head
Dusty: Observe the Smooze.
Opus: if she's convinced, use the Utter Flutter against the Smooze.
>>36955455
Would it not be better to cast barrier on the next person the Smooze aims for?
>>
>>36955849
We can't know the Smooze's target ahead of time.
>>
>>36955910
We cold hold an action to react when the Smooze does.
>>
>>36955916
The Smooze isn't a damage enemy, it's an effect enemy.

-Engulf (Grapple) 60% [No damage]
-Slam 40 85% [Low damage]
-Enrage (inflicts curse enraging the victim) 80% [No damage]
-Grow Replenish 50 HP +10 to attacks. [Negated by Floom]

Barrier is best used for eating most of Adonis's attack so he doesn't 2 hit KO anybody. As for why I target Gem with it, is that I intend to make her mammoth which increases the likelihood of her getting hit. However, if you can find an example of a reaction attack like what you're planning, I'll support doing it for whoever Adonis targets.

Also, we should give up on having Opus focus on the Smooze. It's just pissing her off and offers little to no benefit. It might even hinder us in fact.
>>
>>36955330
Honestly I assumed the smooze was the one in charge of this relationship. Given how it was the main threat of this arc, and also how it got more cover room than you A boy.

I mean that talking companion cube was the main enemy of the last arc of course. He was the main instigator of a lot of things and was featured prominently on several covers.

I'm pretty sure your the side villain. Since you know. The smooze is the actual threat.
>>
>>36955330
Also yes, just let bug lady punch robot if she prefers.
>>
>>36956161
>>36955330
well I went back and checked. Apparently you did get top billing on one cover. So progress. The schmooze was mostly absent.

Apparently the REAL enemy we should have been worried about was that one human chick in a space suit. Who knew?
>>
>>36956284
I want her to smother Dusty with them.
>>
>>36955330
Dusty: From now on, move last every turn. If someone has been smoozed, utterflutter them. If they haven't, bash addonis.
Gem: You're not that important a unit. So, there isn't that much need to defend you, really. You can just bash and if Adonis wastes his or the smooze's turn on you, that's fine.
Opus: You really aren't worth arguing with, so I'll just accept your damage and deal with you later if we have to.
Buttons: Shoot eye, use rifle.
Crystal: Swipe.

That puts buttons on
1 vote to give a speech designed to motivate opus, even though opus is already motivated.
1.5 votes to shoot eye
.5 votes to cast barrier on an enemy who's dangerous move is engulf. That's a problem, because barrier requires turn-over-turn maintenance to stay active. In other words, we would just have 2 units effectively disabled instead of 1 with that plan

>>36955949
>make gem a better target with mammoth
You're also making her easier to smooze, which is basically a ridiculous travesty.

>Also, we should give up on having Opus focus on the Smooze. It's just pissing her off and offers little to no benefit. It might even hinder us in fact.
Yes, please shut up and do not talk to opus. That's two votes for shut up. While having her here has risks, those risks might just never happen.

>Find an example of a reaction action.
While those have happened, it is almost impossible to prove that those weren't coincidences.
They also might go something like this:
>Buttons prepares a spell
>Adonis targets gem
>Adonis punches gem
>Gem takes 126 damage
>Buttons shields gem as a reaction
>Good job.

This specific application requires that we have a move we can place on someone else in reaction to an enemy action which has an effect that is only useful if it is placed BEFORE said enemy action. The only moves we have that work like this are shield and intercept and we haven't used intercept like at all.

https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/35242882/#q35325086
Also, simply breaking out of her telekinesis addled buttons, so I expect shattering her shield will do the same and I don't want to test it. Also, I don't really think she can shield a whole mammoth?
>>
>>36955330
>the fact is I have all of these muscles and you don't!"
You remind me of bender. Your silly muscle design is cool and you are probably my favorite rapist.

>Who do you think is controlling the smooze
>Not 'I would be fine'
Oh sweet so you can't just retreat from melee combat like that anymore.

Also I can't believe that you actually spared opus? Were you just that easy to trick or do you have something personal against gem?
>>
>>36955330
Hey so first off bump but also I would like to point out that this post seems to imply a hefty limitation on the usefulness of entering and exiting smoke.

As in, it seems like a character keeps the -70% accuracy until they end a turn outside of the smoke. This explains why opus was able to dart in and out of the smoke last turn: she wasn't actually changing her status by doing that.

-Flurry strike 18 damage (Chain of strikes with weapon or hooves until a strike fails) accuracy 55%
... wait
Wait a second I've been doing math based on this giving 30% accuracy buff, but it is a 60% buff..

Crystal, crystal literally just kill him. Flurry strike.
>>
>>36956426
human chick probably does have REAL muscle yeah.
>>
>>36955330
FLURRY STRIKE FLURRY STRIKE FLURRY STRIKE!
Gem taunt the Smooze and Sky Defend. Call Adonis an ugly mugged robot with a face with only a mother could love, and even then she thinks he ugly.
Dusty Observe the Smooze
Buttons you gotta put some distance between you and everyone, and put a shield up on Crystal in case the Smooze or Adonis tries to hit her.
>>
>>36957559
Did you see her rack on the last title card? Absofuckinglutely massive.
>>
>>36956620
Adonis should be a lightning rod for any rage from her or Opus. Also, the increased defense and possibly increased offense would be useful in this fight.

A magic shield is meant to be broken, so it would be completely worthless if it addled it's caster.
>>
>>36957816
A shield is meant to soak up damage while we let the stronger members of the team dole out their OUCH!
>>
>>36958026
And it does that by being damaged, and inevitably breaking, instead of the intended target.
>>
>>36958053
Exactly. I think I misinterpreted your earlier post? I think Button should have enough MP for 11 so shields if we do this right.
Statistically, how much damage do you think Crystal could get away with using Flurry Strike, including ite crit chance bonus, and crit fail chance?
>>
>>36958104
Don't understand the math of Flurry strike well enough to even begin to guess on it.
>>
>>36958182
It'd be easier to guess if bath is using a d100 or d20 to determine success/failures, and the crit success/failure ranges. Bull's Eye brings Flurry Strike up to 100% hit chance, with a crit success chance of 15% to double damage, and I think a crit failure chance of 1% or 5%. That last part would really help determining Crystal's potential dps. If the RNG god are feeling really fucking generous, I think Crystal might be able to get away with +200 damage a turn. Its wishful thinking but hot damn do I wanna see it happen.
>>
>>36958214
a crit I will pretend is double damage.

Therefore, if 5% critfail, average 19 hits before failure. 19*.15 = 2.85 crits on average, which means we deal 21.85hits *(18+10damage) = 611.8 damage average
If 1% critfail, average 99 hits per attempt with 14.85 crits on average which means we deal 113.85 hits*28damage = 3187.8 damage average
If there is no critfail and 100% means 100%, she does infinite damage and takes infinite time.

Bullseye needs to be +30%. I suggest implying that crystal can't find the correct ingredients from now on, only making low-quality bull's eye potions. If you knowingly disagree and have like a plan or something, that's fine too.
>>
>>36958214
That doesn't explain how we got 84. Tried punching it into a calculator and i cant figure out how to get 18 to 84 with only 3 hits.
>>
>>36958340
hehehe big oof

You could have started with 84, divided by 3, and gotten 28 damage per hit. You could have compared 28 to 18 and wondered where that extra 10 damage came from.

3 hits * (18Base+10Nailbat) = 84

Also, given this amount of damage, everyone else is basically irrelevant. This is EXACTLY the kind of turn where buttons should use a shield on crystal and it doesn't even matter if buttons gets addled or not. It will require a ddonis a few turns to bring you down and that's fine.

>>36956620 this was me
Dusty: move last and utterflutter whoever is smoozed or bash adonis if there are no smoozed ponies.
Opus: don't fucking talk to opus
Gem: hit adonis, preferably in the eye.
Crystal: UNLIMITED FLURRY AAAAAAAAAAAA
Buttons: shield crystal.
>>
>>36958392
Now I feel like an idiot.
>>
>>36958328
I disagree with you, because I wanna see Crystal beat the shit out of alicorn gods with this potion. This is amazing math.
I wonder if there could be a way to make it so she can consume two potions at once. Maybe at the cost of higher grade ingredients, or requiring more time so potion buffs can stack on a person, or have lessened side effects.
>>
>>36955330
Hey, Mr. Donis, I know it's probably not a popular opinion out here, but I kinda respect you. You seem to have actual dedication to a cause above yourself, and you seem more interested in serving that cause than in being capital-R-right about things. The way the dominoes have fallen leaves us diametrically opposed in this conflict and I'm not about to betray my side, but I respect that you're not about to either. We hardly know anything about you, and it probably won't matter since we're unlikely to see eachother again, so I suppose it's hard to judge. And as far as the being rude and pompous, well we've all got to entertain ourselves somehow. I would probably act like that too in my own way if I were in your position.
>>
>>36958866
Anon your a boomer.
>>
File: lf581.png (174 KB, 600x600)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>36955554
>>36955667
>>36956284
>"If only you knew,' A-Donis Chuckles
>>36956651
>"Gem is your main tether to this world now that the pink unicorn has lost her relevancy. What was your name again dear? Fuckmeat?
"Wait what did you call me?" Buttons asks.
>"Oh I'm sure if that pegasus whore you yourself tried to murder survived you'd cherish being her bottom!" A-Donis mocks.
>>36958866
>"Why thank you Anonymous, this means something to me. I'm sure I'll take my time to savor ripping your world apart more than usual."
>>36955455
>>36955849
>>36956164
>>36956620
>>36957567

>"Perhaps a few more players could spice up this fight!" A-Donis says playfully.
A-Donis makes a strange noise and summons 5 Changelings!
Hidden Gem flies in and swings for A-Donis' head, but misses.
Changeling 4 takes a kick at Hidden Gem and deal 20 damage
Dusty follows up with his own swing and manages to hit A-donis' eye dealing 160 damage!
Changeling 2 Takes a swipe at Crystal and Misses.
Changeling 5 attacks Buttons and manages to kick her dealing 33 damage!
Buttons Fires her rifle at A-Donis' eye dealing 150 damage and managing to shatter the glass over his eye display!
Crystal Lattice Rushes in and begins whacking at A-Donis as quickly as she can, hitting A-Donis 6 times, landing 1 crit and dealing a total of 196 damage!
As crystal backs off
Buttons stares at Crystal in awe as she huffs, having broken a sweat.
Changeling 1 Kicks Crystal dealing 25 damage!
Opus Tries to follow up Crystal's assault with her own kick to A-Donis but the robot steps out of the way and the Changeling Queen ultimately misses!
The Smooze slimes over and engulfs Opus, effectively grappling the mare! Opus is immune to the enraging effects of the Smooze!
Changeling 3 kicks Crystal dealing 34 damage!
>"Well I do admit, you're putting up a better effort this time, but you're about to see everyone of your puny little friends from the desert get fucked!" A-donis laughs.

Hidden Gem HP: 156
Dusty Miller HP:175 TP:4 (Transparent)
Crystal Lattice HP:99 (Bull's Eye)
Clever Buttons HP:157 MP:60
>Changeling Queen HP: 830 (Engulfed)

>A-Donis HP: 1480
>Changeling 1 HP: ??
>Changeling 2 HP: ???
>Changeling 3 HP: ???
>Changeling 4 HP: ??
>Changeling 5 HP: ???
>>
>>36959924
Gem: Mammoth potion
Crystal: Flurry Strike (please don't nerf)
Buttons: Barrier Crystal
Dusty: Either hit as many enemies with an M80 as we can, or start kissing.
>>
>>36959924
Don't get cocky Adony. Backup was a good call but they're hitting you pretty hard, and I have a feeling your eye being exposed isn't ideal.
>>
>>36959924
>immune
Good. Fuck you Opus you dumb bitch. Get out of the smooze yourself.

>Dusty
Throw an m80 at the group of changelings. It would be ideal to get all of them at once, but I don't know how all the enemies are situated relative to everyone. Get as many changelings as you can. These changelings look like they deal roughly 20-40 damage.

>Gem
Mammoth potion. Time to be the BIGGER FILLY! RAAWWWRRR!!!

>Crystal
You know the drill. Flurry Strike.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DKMqiD5H0s

>Buttons
Shield spell on Crystal
>>
>>36959924
>>36960080
Changing vote

>Gem
Shove an M80 into A-Donis's head. Explosives deal more damage in smaller spaces, and if the M80 can fit in his head then it'll deal plenty of damage. Then fly out of range where A-Donis can't punch you.

>Dusty
Throw an M80 at the group of changelings

>Crystal
Flurry Strike A-Donis. Taunt the Robot. Your name is Crystal Lattice, and the aliens will learn to fear you! They are no match for you alchemical might!

>Buttons
Shield spell Crystal.
>>
If we decide to free any of the lings, I vote for #3 since they did the most damage of those that connected and they have three question marks of health.
>>
File: 1589840864451.png (52 KB, 360x360)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>36960128
changeling's 2, 3, and 5 would the the highest priority since it appears that they have the highest amount of health. We could in theory just have every in the party sans Opus kiss 4 out of 5 changelings to free all of them to add to our numbers, but then we would lose out on a chance to attack.

What do you guys think: proceed as how we thing the party should fight, or kiss the buggos?
>>
>>36959924
>only 6 strikes
Ok, looks like we are rolling a 20 sided die for this probably

Ok, so,
Gem targeted by a 20 damage changeling
Crystal targeted by a 25 a 34 and an unknown changeling
Buttons targeted by 33 damage changeling.
As I recall, you have to use a turn up in order to change your orders. That means the changelings should be targeting the same targets next turn, or at least following the same orders.

That means that either Buttons or Crystal can be knocked out next round if the changelings land their hits and the robot punches one of them. (33+126 = 159 while buttons has 157 hp)

This means that, for buttons, she either has to heal, shield, get defended, or we have to stop changeling 5. If we have her shield crystal, there is a good chance buttons just gets knocked out and the shield fails early, doing nothing.
For crystal, she has about 90 damage + maybe a robot punch incoming.

Our saving grace is the possibility that the robot is blind, unable to aim a punch anymore. In this situation, it would be really really good if our shielding unit was, say, transparent. It would be really good if we had done that when we could, but it is basically too late. Hopefully using all our turns to shoot the eye out pays off.

Dusty: intercept attacks thrown by the robot or attacks aimed at buttons, whichever way your move works.
Buttons: shield crystal
Crystal: flurry strike A-Donis
Gem: dropbash changeling 1. That changeling is targeting crystal and we need less changelings targeting crystal.
Tell opus to utterflutter herself free, but we can't do much else for her.

Alternatively
Crystal: telekinesis changeling 5
Dusty: kiss changeling 5 once they are restrained and less able to dodge
Buttons: eat cheesy green in order to not die from the large amount of incoming damage
Gem: cyto-crash changeling 3
>>
>>36960168
While kissing would be good, we can't kiss 5 changelings every turn but Adonnis can summon 5 every turn. Ideally, the changelings would start using their turns to take care of the other changelings, but we only have one unit with a 'kiss' move.

Dusty has a 60% chance to stun a target and a 20% chance to charm. Assuming non-stun kisses are 80% accuracy, for not particular reason, that still means we can kiss about 4 times per turn, curing about 3.2 per turn. There is no real good reason to assume the accuracy is that high.

For 80%
turn 1: 5 enemy changlings
turn 2: 7 enemy changelings and 3 cured
turn 3: A-donis re-controlls only those 3 changelings so the balance is again 7 to 3
turn 4: Same as turn 3. This repeats until we lose.

It might be reasonable to cure 1 changeling if we can knock the rest out.
>>
>>36960246
What about back in the changeling hive? Was it not proven that you don't necessarily need the Kiss move to kiss someone, and dispel the mind control?

>"And you are free now! Yes," Crystal announces planting a kiss on the mare's lips.
>After the kiss the batpony seems more confused, "Y-yeah... I guess."
This wasn't even that long ago. Crystal was able to do it, and she doesn't have the move.
Say for example we kiss 4/5 changelings. The last one will attack us, in addition to A-Donis doin'g whatever he does. Whatever the fact might be we'll still have the advantage of action economy, which effectively means our party can commit more actions than he can, even if he tried to summon up another group of changelings. If he did then our group could attempt at most 9 kiss attempts Vs his 5 newly called changelings.

>>36959924
Voting for everyone to kiss a changeling, specifically #2, 3, and 5. Except Crystal. She under just enough health that A-Donis could one hit punch her. Crystal should eat a sandwich.
>>
>>36960258
>Was it not proven that you don't necessarily need the Kiss move to kiss someone, and dispel the mind control?
That does not contradict what I said. My post runs on the unfounded assumption that all 4 of our characters can kiss for 80% accuracy.

>action economy
Mind-control appears to be a fast action, perhaps slightly slower than speech. At the very least, it was the first move this round.
A changeling that has just been freed from mind control almost always appears confused, takes a moment to get their bearings. This implies that the changelings we free will not get a turn until the next turn.

So, this round, assuming all our characters move first, 1 enemy changeling would get a move and 4 enemy changelings would be put on our side and A-donnis would gain 5 new changelings that would all immediately take an action like the first group did. We would take at least 6 changeling attacks this round.

On the second turn, a donis would again move first, removing our 4 changeling actions. We could steal the changelings back, but that would again lead to us getting hit by 6 changelings without making any headway.
>>
>>36960314
then throw an M80 at them
>>
>>36959924
Gem- sky defend and name call Adonis and the changelings. Those bug brains are to dumb to hit you.
Crystal- flurry strike
Dusty- bash the egg hole
button- shield crystal
>>
>>36960658
They are mind controlled. No amount of name calling would have any effect on them.
>>
>>36960314
You're assuming that he spends every single turn summoning reinforcements or mind controlling rather than doing anything else. Also, it assumes that he'll be able to recapture every single changeling we free. Lastly, it assumes that none of the changelings or Opus would be doing any kissing.
>>
>>36959924
>Buttons- stare at bug strong Crystal with raging ovary inducing hormonal lesbian desire.
>>
>>36960821
We destroyed the mind control device in the hive or something. We definitely broke something with Crystal and Dusty. Maybe he only had the one device so he's able to call in for more support, can cant get new ones.
>>
>>36960834
-Mind control (100% Flutterponies)
>>
>>36959924
I see were well on our way to defeating ourselves again.

>>36960080
Is this really necessary?
>>
>>36961012
Yes. Why shouldnt it be? If what that other anon said that (not a combat skill) kiss action isnt a 100% guarantee, then the next best choice would be to knock out the majority of them with 300dmg. Far easier to manage.
>>
>>36961331
I was referring to calling opus a dumb bitch and tanking our action economy out of spite.

As well as ditching someone who could be an important political ally later to get beaten on.

>gem mammoth potion then free Opus.
>>
>>36961379
She got into this mess. She can get herself out.
-Struggle (Attempt to escape) 50%
The problem with Gem helping is that if she gets Smooze on her, we'll have a mammoth sized filly to deal with.
>>
>>36960821
No, I'm planning for the case where he does call for support every turn. If calling for support every turn will win him the fight, we need to find a way to stop that from working. Currently, it looks like call-support is a move he can use every turn that deals 105 140 or 175 damage.

This is also a fairly good time to use a tangle potion. We've seen it work on multiple targets before, though that was outside of combat. Even assuming all of our characters can just one-shot a single target every turn and all our characters move first, that would still leave a donis gaining 1 changeling every turn and dealing around 140 damage too. We have to either finish this fight or use AOE moves.

Dusty has a tangle potion: tangle the changeling targeting Buttons and any close by changelings
Buttons: now that you won't die this turn, shield crystal
Crystal: now that we can afford it, flurry strikes A donnis
Gem: People really want her to be a mammoth but we are fighting a hard counter to mammoth strats. We can just as soon have her m80 the remaining changelings or m80 adonis. Considering that, as discussed, dealing with the changlings is not sustainable, I vote for putting the m80 in adonis's eye. We need to make progress, now.

M80 leaves A-Donis with 1180 or less hp.
Flurry swipes should deal good damage and leave him with like 580 hp.
Chagnelings should deal gem 20 more damage and crystal no damage thanks to shield.
At that point, robot can either punch or summon, and summon deals more damage. In both cases, all units should remain standing.

And next turn we just deal damage with no regard for our own safety.

Crystal does her last flurry strikes and then we bash with gem, rifle with buttons, and m80 with dusty if we have to or bash otherwise.

The turn ends, all of our units other than dusty get beaten into the dirt by mind controlled changelings, and we slowly kiss our way to victory.

>>36961379
>gem mammoth potion then free Opus
I don't... why do you think gem can even free opus? Why do you think that intentionally sticking our hoof in smooze is THE BEST plan?
If gem drinks a mammoth, that isn't nessisarraly a game-loser. However, if she does that, we would basically just sit here praying that the smooze doesn't get her before she can deal the last of the damage we need.
>>
>>36961539
You make some fair points I can agree with.

>M80 leaves A-Donis with 1180 or less hp.
Itll probably deal a great deal of damage now that his protective eye cover is shattered.

>Flurry swipes should deal good damage and leave him with like 580 hp.
It did only just shy of under 200 damage. Perhaps Crystal was only unlucky? We should get her a stronger base weapon.

>Chagnelings should deal gem 20 more damage and crystal no damage thanks to shield.
Unless Adonis punches her, then she takes the 26 damage that overflows over the shield, which is still waaaay better than getting the full hit. I'm not making an arguement I just agreeing.

>At that point, robot can either punch or summon, and summon deals more damage. In both cases, all units should remain standing.
Dont forget, he can also charge up his laser. Actually can he even do that as anymore? I'd imagine hitting him in the laser face right now, while charging his attack, would be quiet devastating.
>>
>>36961539
Do you think Dusty would become stronger if he M80's the lings, or only through solo melee combat?

>>36959924
Adonis you fake muscle bound cuck. We all know your fake limped dick ass cant do squat by yourself. You rely on minions to do your work while your fake ass synthol lookin ass gets your shit rekted but by god damn stupid looking pastel horses. You over hyped, pathetically impotent laser couldn't even hit Gem if you tried. We all know it's a glorified flashlight. And those screw in you? The Y shaped ones? We all know those are subpar screws. Face it: you're a bargin bin grade of chinese knock off shit. Go ahead. Try shooting her.
>>
>>36961582
>Do you think Dusty would become stronger if he M80's the lings, or only through solo melee combat?
We do not have the resources to care about the answer to that question right now.

>>36961567
The weakpoint was destroyed. Attacking it might still do bonus damage, but we can't depend on that.
If it does, that's cool.
>laser
I expect that he lost the ability to use the laser, or at least lost the ability to focus it well. Maybe it is now high accuracy low damage?
It doesn't matter, as a functional laser is not much different from 2 turns of punching or 2 turns of summoning at this point.
>>
>>36961624
It was mentioned previously that the eye was a weakness. We did do bonus damage by hitting the eye, but we were wearing it down over time. That means the next time we hit it, it will deal bonus damage.
>>
>>36961706
Bump
>>
>>36961624
>shatter the glass over his eye display
>over
>>
>>36963129
Bump
>>
Bedtime bump
>>
bpm
>>
>>36966229
>>
>>36966438
Bump
>>
>>36967932
>>
up from p10!
>>
>>36965225
>>
>>36969371
>>
>>36970115
>>
>>36970898
>>
>>36959924
snap back that the only one going to get "fucked" is you in some scrapyard you evil metal man.
>>
>>36971610
>>
>>36973073
>>
I appreciate what you do but delete your bumps for fucksake. We only get this transmission like every few months our time and the longer it takes to lose it the better.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.