[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: deBVr55NEH.png (223 KB, 1080x823)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
What the buck is up everypony, it's finally time to submit your event/panel ideas and vendor forms!

>Applications
Events/panels: https://forms.gle/e2DyrBkGEBRNnsjC6
Vendors: https://forms.gle/8sMQH8B5W22SYAjg8

>When is /mlp/ con 2021?
June 11-13, 2021

>What is /mlp/ con?
We're trying to organize an online convention for /mlp/
It will focus on: 1) the show, 2) /mlp/, and 3) the fandom.
Check out some of our events from 2020 that are linked from this site: https://mlpcon.online/schedule.html
Most CyTube streams from last year are here: https://pony.tube/videos/watch/playlist/56ba84cb-2662-4b68-85d2-14a368bcd245

>How will the con be held?
Special event threads
Live streams on YouTube, Pony.Tube, or Twitch broadcast via CyTube
Pre-recorded videos made for the con viewed on CyTube
During the con, most activity and interaction will occur on the con thread and/or CyTube

>(You) can help by volunteering to...
Maintain online planning documents (including general planning doc like last year)
Contact event hosts/panelists to ensure they have everything they need for a great event/panel
Help support any vendors we may have
Help design a better web site for vendors and/or the con
Contact people you know who could help (show guests who may want to participate or anyone else you think could help make the con more fun and exciting)
Maybe help us with some art of Contard/Anon Filly/something else we can use on the con site and as thread OP images
Organize some sort of charity thing?
Help hosts/panelists livestream!

>What's next?
Can someone design a better way to support vendors?

Last thread: >>36582067
>>
>>36873279
i wish it was in person
>>
>>36873812
you can still wear a mask at home while you attend.
>>
File: IMG_20210417_114210.png (188 KB, 640x650)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>36873279
>Maybe help us with some art of Contard/Anon Filly/something else we can use on the con site and as thread OP images
Boss, interested in outsourcing some arts to the chinese? need some funding for commissioning though, what's the budget for Central Chinese Commissioning Pony Committee?
>>
Pony Town event server again?
Like last year?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx8wFmqqAUg
>>
>>36873860
fuck off
>>
>>36873943
Im hoping for this and the minecraft one too. Ive heard the minecraft one is getting worked on at least.
>>
File: u mad.png (228 KB, 728x493)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
First for endless bickering with the offboarder troll who will start posting here momentarily because you JUST CAN'T HELP yourself responding to him
>>
>>36874039
The minecraft server is being worked on in the discord server right?
>>
>>36874060
not sure but i hope they add more stuff
>>
I think a great panel would be everyone watching me play osu
>>
>>36873943
Pony Town guys apparently aren't comfortable working with /mlp/ anymore, so unless there's a third party pony town type server, probably not.

>>36874039
>>36874068
It is actively being worked on, they're adding new parkour courses, building out the Hilton, finished a newer share-a-ton, and even a Janny John's
>>
File: Contard.png (135 KB, 4000x2250)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
don't forget the contard statue made now
>>
*coughs* DISCORD *coughs*
>>
>>36874515
Why the fuck can't we just host our own Pony Town server?
>>
>>36874515
>Pony Town guys apparently aren't comfortable working with /mlp/ anymore
why
>>
>>36874951
not sure...
>>36873943
>>
is there a discord server for the con? Just in case the thread dies.
>>
>>36874986
No, but there's a channel for planning on the /mlp/ channel discord
>>
>>36874951
did you miss the part where they went SJW over aryanne and ary look alikes? these discord trannies just want a twitterite community
>>
>>36874988
/mlp/ channel discord?
>>
>>36874989
Bruh, ever since last year I've done my best just keep as far away from those sort of people as possible. Last time I looked at the pony town general it was full of off board furry drama. I just can't be bothered with these faggots anymore and they are the main reason I don't use discord or have a twitter account.
>>
>>36874996
Yeah they organize the cons on their discord
mlp.one has a link to their discord, most of the stuff they've been talking about is the minecraft server or va guests, or thread dates
>>
>>36875012
>organize the cons on their discord
no, we don't.
the minecraft people are organizing that build via discord, yes.
but the con is being organized here, in these threads.
>>
>>36875277
last year it was organized on discord.
>>
File: full[1].png (615 KB, 800x583)
615 KB
615 KB PNG
>>
File: 1461475406163.png (247 KB, 900x900)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>36873279
I wonder what kinda interesting panels might happen this time around. I've been looking forward to this all year.
>>
File: 2768322.png (1.72 MB, 3388x3670)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB PNG
I did do a doodle of contard and anon filly a few months ago, but I forgot the cutie marks like a goddamn retard
>>
File: Spoiler Image (246 KB, 680x623)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
>>36876441
>>
Fun fact: if you're ever unsure of Contard's colors, check out Blurple and Greyple at https://discord.com/branding
>>
>>
>>36876441
That's mean, Anonfilly is dead
>>
>>36877043
She looks alive to me
>magic
>>
>>36873279
cant wait for the con .
I bought some stuff for the princess.
I bought a Koran . That is all

Though I am still up in the air if I should stream it or record it then premier it .

Streaming it will make it live of course . But every other word would be cut off and . I have never found a way to fix it .

But recording it will fix everything . But I wont get the feeling of if I fuck up everyone will watch me fuck up in real time.
Also I am sure everyone likes livestreaming more than recording .
>>
>>36877295
live = SOUL
record = SOULLESS
>>
>>36877295
Get a nice quality wireless Bluetooth headset
>>
>>36877696
The problem is my internet connection and being under the bridge . Like I have had problems people here me clearly when I am out and about,

I know it is not a phone problem . Becuase a few months after the first con ended I bought a new phone . When I tried to livestream again . I had the same problems as the first time .
While at that time I did not have a Bluetooth connected just my phone.
>>
There's not gonna be g5 shit right?
>>
I already mentioned this last time but OP for the rewatch streams here and I'm planning to do a waifu stream where I play an episode based on each of the mane six, as voted by respective waifufags of those ponies, alongside nostalgic fan videos focusing on them. It will probably take at least 3-4 hours, but as I'm a eurofag I can do it earlier in the day and could host it on my own Cytube if that makes things easier.
>>
>>36878164
good idea
>>
>>36878164
>There's not gonna be g5 shit right?
you gave me an idea anon .
to answer your question
technically yes
>>
>>36878164
There won't be anything to talk about unless there's some major reveal between now and the con.
>>
I think I'm changing my CYOA panel to just a regular drawing panel where we draw anon requests. Would it be fun to have a theme like Gallus bullying was last time? (Not that artist)
>>
>>36877043
>he's never seen "all the way through" before
Nah, this is just kinky stuff
>>
>>36878637
Yeah, make it nuling bullying
>>
>>36878150
If you can set it up, best compromise would be stream+record. So people can watch it live with all its choppy as fuck glory. Then you upload the recording later if people want to heard what you said in more detail.
>>
>>36878531
I'm more worried about it being forced and fake as fuck like how the drawfag panel was wasted on gallus
>>
What panels are you all looking forward to?
>>
>>36878637
There should be a drawing Dyx panel.
>>
>>36878775
Anything with cooking in it.
>>
cringe
>>
>>36878169
Either your cytube or we can give you admin on ours, whatever you prefer.
Be sure to pick a time slot by filling out the event form
>>
>>36878667
That sounds kind of fun. Thank you.
>>
>>36879405
There's an event form now?
>>
File: 1612035488519.gif (140 KB, 500x500)
140 KB
140 KB GIF
>>36878164
Just want to throw in my post once again. Glad to see the threads are back.

I am planning a two hour writing panel for June 12, 6 pm. Application has been sent.

The plan for the time block is as follows

1) PROSE SECTION - Start with intro on what writing is, history of writing / fanfiction, get into the basics of MLP fanfiction, and the fundamentals of writing (show v. tell, pacing, form, plots, etc.)
2) Interlude to read one of the fics featured on FIM (depending on what chat chooses; will only be first few chapters depending on length of the fic). After reading, will go over what was good or bad about the fic.
3) Get into the specific genres of MLP fanfiction, using FIM's list of genres for simplicity's sake (Adventure, Sadness, Dark, etc.) Use popular examples of each and explain how to do each good.
4) One more interlude to read another fanfic from FIM.
5) GREEN TEXT SECTION - Start with awesome intro which will be a green text story.
6) Get into history of green text, some of the first great pone green texts, and where it stands as an art form now.
7) Read some green texts chosen by the board beforehand (feel free to start offering suggestions now and I will take note!) and go over what was good, bad.
8) Get into how to write a good green text (pacing, perspective, how to write a good Anon, etc.)
9) Finish with question session and final closing remarks + unveil all of my SUPER SECRET, EXCLUSIVE quotes that I have received from supporting members of the community and the writing community at large.

This entire thing is going to be tongue-in-cheek and for fun, keep in mind, but the writing advice itself will be GENUINE and I think very helpful for new writers (I don't claim to be any sort of writing Nostradamus, but even expert writers might learn a thing or two). No I am not someone with 5000 followers on FIM but I do have a decent following, and some decent stories to show for it.

Let me know if you have any questions / suggestions.
>>
>>36878164
>>36880064
Oops didn't mean to specifically reply to this post.
>>
>>36880064
Check the OP, first link
>>
>>36880368
Check my post, second sentence.
>>
File: copyopy.jpg (2.12 MB, 3021x3970)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB JPG
>>36873279
whats up frens i was here last con, I got some more patches since then and I'm looking to have a couple more in before the start of the con. I'm over here if you want to check in with what im doing but aside from that i wont shill much more. I've also extended that discount code until the end of the month
>>36849438
>>
>>36880378
Oops >>36880368 was meant for >>36879944
>>
>>36873279
>scheduling
What's the earliest on the 11th panels can be set? The latest on the 13th?
>>
>>36880552
I don't know, maybe 2pm GMT-4?
Just throwing a time out there
>>
>>36873279
/mlk/ - My Little Weapons show is currently in the process of being put together by only the most qualified of shitposters.
>>36880405
based patchman strikes again.
>>
Does anyone have any requests for Anonfilly or Contard stickers they want drawn before the con?
>>
>>36877295
>>36878150
>>36877696
>>36877309

Welp nevermind . I thought of an idea that was so autistic that It might work to fix my sound problems/

And it worked . So it looks like if nothing bad happens the sound problem SHOULD be fixed for the con .
>>
>>36882692
the sound still sound scuffed . But the MAIN problem I wanted to fix was when the sound would go out randomly .

Also surprisingly of all I am getting a solid 30fps under the bridge somehow.
>>
Hey guys, I plan on masturbating for the whole three days while inserting beer bottle necks into my asshole. During this time I will record all of my cumshots. The time blocks will be as follows:
1) June 12th:
I will be using granny smith cider bottles and cumming into an alicorn potion bottle. The semen will be refrigerated with my mini fridge next to me.
2) June 13th:
At the very end of the con I will chug all of the semen at once from a nice fridge cold glass while singing the my little pony opening song. I will record myself growing wings and drinking the semen.
>>
>>36882413
Yes
>>
>>36883151
Okay, describe them
>>
>>36878164
G5 is 99% shitposting, there's nothing to make a panel about. Though it's not like the organizers are gonna stop someone if they attempt to make a G5-oriented panel.
>>
>>36883208
No
>>
How do you fags feel about a "Gaming hall", we're at certain times during the con we hold game lobbies for various games for fags to join and play around
Idea comes mostly from the after rewatch stream tf2 party, but could do something similar here and for other games probably. And which games would you be interested?
>>
>>36884605
No way I can be on the con and something like TF2 at the same time but I've got some browser games to recommend.
>https://sketchful.io/
Draw the word and others guess, can use custom words and allows up to 256 players (experimental). Has a chat box. You could ask the rewatch stream's OP to share his list of words, it used to be played regularly after the streams.
>https://puzzle.aggie.io/
Upload an image and it makes it into a jigsaw puzzle. Only problem is anyone can grab chunk of the puzzle, go AFK and halt the game, I'm not sure there's a kick function. Also has chat (ENTER key).
>https://scattergoriesonline.net/
The host can set custom categories after logging in (Facebook or Google), players don't need an account but they'll be given random names without one. Minimum of three categories and other than "pony name" and "place in Equestria" I can't think of anything good, you could just do normal scattergories + pony. Player limit is 45, has a chat box.
>https://azala.info/static/index.html
>https://picturecards.online/static/index.html
Cards Against Humanity. Lets you make a deck and play without logging in, 40 max players and chat box. Has a few pony decks already (search mlp and pony), one of them called Normlpeople.
>https://allbad.cards/
CAH, requires you to log-in to make a custom deck (Google, Facebook, Patreon), players don't need to. Has one custom pony deck I could find with a decent number of cards https://allbad.cards/pack/detail/oD6_SYepf and a player limit of 50.
The site is way too elaborate, has microtransactions to unlock certain packs, a family friendly mode, requires the host to approve every player that tries to join by default and whenever someone says a slur in chat it puts a message below the post advicing you to mute them. It looks like fucking shit and I would not recommend using it solely because of that.
>>
When's the Kino Life panel?
>>
mareschizo panel when?
>>
make /mlp/ anonymous again
>>
>>36886475
what's mareschizo? T*lpa?
>>
What times does the con start every day, for picking panels? Does it continue through the night or end at a certain time in the evening?
>>
Do you want Contard or Anonfilly drawn?
>>
File: cheerleaders.jpg (316 KB, 1280x853)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>>
File: 1601871502821.png (339 KB, 903x1026)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
>>36887818
Last year it went from something like 6PM eastern friday-6PM eastern sunday. You can definitely get stuff in during the overnight timeslots, but we'd need Bt to verify the timeslots.

>>36887819
Yes.Don't forget Conpone.
>>
>>36887819
An Anonfilly/Contard fusion after an unfortunate teleportation accident.
>>
>>36887819
Yes

>>36887831
It ended around 3am early Monday morning
>>
>>36887797
>what's mareschizo
it's just pony but mares, not stallions or colts
>>
>>36873279
>Applications
What's the deadline for these?

>>36874710
>Why the fuck can't we just host our own Pony Town server?
The open source version is pretty old. Also someone would need to set it up. But if someone wants to do the work of getting the thing running, I have a server you could host it on
>>
>>36889325
I hope there are plenty of M*res during this con. When was the last one again?
>>
>>36889509
>What's the deadline for these?
around end of may, it's a soft deadline but I'd rather not get any super last minute panels again.
>>
>>36874951
From what I've gathered, the anonfilly group has caused the furfag trannies that plague Pony Town to cry to the PT jannies enough due to furfags getting assblasted. So now all of us that come from here are ebil racist nazi fag haters in the eyes of the PT devs and jannies. Plus the whole derpi niggertry didn't help last year.
>>
Just put my app in. Looking forward to working on this project, and watching the anons reactions.
>>
Nice, shaping up to be a great weekend with some good panels.
>>
File: 1618248458971.png (2.04 MB, 2045x1748)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
Is reading a personal fanfic acceptable?
>>
>>36892295
Sure, as long as it's pony
>>
>>36892295
What's it about?
>>
>>36887832
So like half one or the other or a filly Contard with Anonfilly's mane?
>>
>>36892472
It's set in a dark fantasy environment. Looking at Berserk (1997) as my main inspiration. Along with old time fairytales. Atleast for the setting and characters.
>>
>>36875000
>>36874989
Bullshit
>>
>>36893546
what's bullshit?
>>
Bumping for panel/vendor sign-ups
>>
File: berry bump.png (3.03 MB, 3450x2400)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB PNG
>>
>>36894070
We had tons of fun on the last con, we did nothing to make the mods/devs seethe.
They allow underages. pedos and LGTVHD+ to roam on the server, and we sit in one place and we don't bother anyone. Just because we are not sucking tranny dicks and scand "BLM" it doesn't mean we are the reason for mods being faggots
>>
>>36895852
Then why did they refuse to be a part of /mlp/ con this year? I heard it's because they mods don't want to be associated with the board.
>>
>>36895852
There was also a ton of fandom drama and twitterfags enforcing often-political moralfag clauses on people and groups since then. It doesn't help that a former organizer is an alcoholic and sperged out like a retard. Expect the fedex guy and his flagrant political history of "sharing an early internet hitler meme that's on the same level as hitler dancing with glowsticks once" to embolden such places against allowing /mlp/ to interact with them. I have concerns about it affecting vendors this year too. I hope vendors remember to set up their shop sheets with ponies this year

Someone mentioned a ponytown alternative in one of the past threads, some FOE thing? That's possibly usable, same with the woefully outdated open source copy of the PT engine if someone can get it running on a server.
>>
>>36895852
>>36895913
>>36895968
I know that one of the organizers was a drunk retard who was being a name fag. Then I vaguely remember him sperging out in the threads and on the live stream. But is there any caps or sauce on what you guys are saying what happened?
>>
Ponytown allowed editing for /mlp/'s 2020 /mlp/con.

Hope they do it again. Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx8wFmqqAUg
>>
>>36896123
The anon who organized everything last year with pony town would have caps, I lost my discord account recently so afraid I don't have anything
>>
File: 1614996251417.jpg (26 KB, 386x310)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>tfw will miss /mlp/con due to military exercises
Save some videos for me lads, will ya
>>
Will there be another thread between this one and the con?
>>
>>36892295
We could include this in / incorporate it into my panel. What do you think?
>>
>>36896755
Yes, if this one dies for some reason I'll restart it first weekend of May when I start taking a stab at scheduling things and contacting event hosts.
>>
>>36897020
How would that work?
>>
>>36897577
I could use your fic as an example during my explanation of whatever its main genre is. I would prefer to read it myself, but if you're deadset on doing your own reading you could hop on and read it.
>>
>>36897745
I gotta think about it. Do you have a direct line of communication that we can use? Trend lightly you know how people are.
>>
File: 1618004480794.gif (671 KB, 300x311)
671 KB
671 KB GIF
How does a digital convention even work? It's just a big Skype call shitshow?

Like really explain to me. I don't know how it work.
>>
File: spoonman.png (229 KB, 503x641)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>36898277
>>
>>36898277
The organizers are hosting several channels on an online streaming site (cytube). As far as I know, when a panel starts they begin streaming a d*scord call with the panelist who either screen-shares their panel or streams from their camera.

>>36898293
Not really. Spoonfeeding is about not knowing board culture and the like.
>>
>>36898277
All the various panels can be watched either from a direct link or in the cytube. There will be some virtual hangouts to play around with: I know minecraft will return with an improved Baltimare Convention Center. I haven't heard any word of if the roblox thing will return. Ponytown is off the table due to their insistence.
>>
>>36898190
I'm on Dicksword. Come to the /mlp/ youtube dicksword server and ask for the writefag doing the writing panel.

If you're adverse to dicksword idk what to tell you.
>>
>>36898344
>Discord
Not necessarily
If panelists are comfortable, they'll stream by themselves (no discord needed) directly to a platform like YouTube, twitch, or maybe even pony.tube and that feed will be on the cytube
Links will be shared if anons want to go directly to the streaming site
Some panels may be streamed by a volunteer (probably me desu) and in this case a screen share on discord, jitsi, zoom, or whatever would be needed
Some anons may just release a prerecorded video, which will just get streamed to cytube
And there's always an option to do an event on the board, either in a dedicated thread or in the con thread
We haven't yet had a board event like that happen, so not really sure how it'd work
Interaction will primarily be via con threads here or the cytube chat or maybe Minecraft or whatever else people want to host.
>>
Aaaaaaand look at that, they are once again pushing for discord. Not gonna join your tranny cult, fuck off furfags.
>>
>>36899036
You should be expecting discord, all the organizers of the con use it religiously.
>>
>>36899036
Twifag also continues to lie about discord involvement
>>
>>36899036
>>36899096
in march I went into pm only mode for discord
best damn decision I ever made
>>
>>36899107
I know, right to everyone's face. Why put the discord link in the image filename when you already got called out on it last time? Discord trannies are an advanced breed of retard.
>>
>>36899107
It's pretty obvious that the organizers exclusively talk through discord
>>
Funny how people are making empty claims without backup
I won't buy them without proof
>>
File: 1608207646347.jpg (93 KB, 739x739)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>36899036
>Anon asks for private contact
>I use Discord so I tell him how to find me without outright telling everyone my handle
>"OMG THEYRE PUSHING FOR DISCORD?!?!"
>>
File: Spiderman_look_ponies.jpg (16 KB, 267x200)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>36899903
Not him and I don't even care about the discord but meds posting isn't doing your case any favors.
>>
>>36895818
How many times do you think Berry's woken up with something new tattooed on her butt?
>>
>>36874059
>>36874059
>>36874059
>>36874059
REMINDER THAT THIS GUY PREDICTED IT
>>
does anyone think Imalou would be willing to do a panel for /mlp/ con?
>>
>>36901154
she said she was interested in the first thread
>>
>>36901154
>The furfag partially responsible for G5
Why?
>>
What's the best way to contact Imalou?
>>
>>36901399
The best way is to not.
>>
>>36901399
The best way is to just do it.
>>
Can't wait!
>>
>>36899036
based
fuck the discord tranny organizers
>>
did anyone contact Imalou yet?
>>
>>36901399
Other then tripping over her in the drawe thread occasionally, probably twatter.
>>
I'm slowly cataloging my things I plan on selling, hopefully I can get everything all on a Google spreadsheet with decent photos in the next week or so.
>>
File: 1592432169221.png (297 KB, 590x442)
297 KB
297 KB PNG
Sloooow thread.
>>
>>36903310
nice, i look forward to seeing what you have
>>
Anyone else excited for the con this year?
Was hoping to see more contard and con pone art in these threads
>>
>>36904981
The con last year was a fuckton of fun. I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>36904981
Looking forward to getting wasted with you fags again this year.
>>
>>36904981
I'll most certainly make a art when the con starts, but not before then fuck you
>>
>>36905309
NO, FUCK YOU! POAST ART!
>>
Anyone still thinking of signing up for a panel?
>>
>>36904280
Mostly official pony merchandise, also going to try to get some projects underway too.
>>
+1
>>
>>36907558
Bump
>>
I'm sorry I haven't drawn anything. The dining room table is covered with a puzzle.
>>
>>36909102
post puzzle
>>
File: Snort.png (235 KB, 541x541)
235 KB
235 KB PNG
>>36909102
that's ok anon, you can get to it when you can get to it.
>>
File: conpone Applejack.png (786 KB, 1920x1750)
786 KB
786 KB PNG
So, I said I'd join the Applejack panel, but I dunno how the planning is going.
Is AJ panel Anon here? How's the panel booking going?
>>
>>36909819
Cute pones.
>>
File: 1599897707516.png (319 KB, 400x400)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
Panel application's in; music's on the menu again. Now I have to figure out what to do for the visualizer.
>>
File: contard.png (716 KB, 4000x4000)
716 KB
716 KB PNG
>>36873279
>>36904981
>Was hoping to see more contard and con pone art in these threads
I'm thinking of starting a small project >>36873860, mainly trying to get more art (emphasized around con merchandizing designs). But with anon's funding. Will try to work on building a virtual/imaginary booth (website) if i have enough brainpower & time to pull this off. (was hoping that it'll be able to be stationed near the virtual/imaginary vendor hall).

Links and further description in this video's description:
https://youtu.be/LvYFz6npNsQ

>>36874021
Thank you for the encouragement.
>>
>>36910545
i thought >>36873860 was a joke, how much do you need?
>>
>>36873279
did anyone sign up a stallion panel?

>>36910164
>windows media player visualizations again, but this time using various skins for the media player
>vinyl scratch/dj moonbeamz in the corner rockin out
>desktop ponies dancing/milling about on the dance pad
>song names as they come up somewhere on there too
>>
Any ideas for comfy stream ideas?
>>
>>36910640
I just had a stroke. *Any ideas for comfy streams?
>>
>>36910645
>history panel (reading old /co/ threads, reading through old pony tumblrs off of rome, going through old pony websites/channels/etc. on archive.org, etc. although I might co-opt this idea now that I think about it)
>interview some chill pony person who makes content, asking them how they do it/stay motivated/manage to stay so based/in love with ponies after all these years
>throw up something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxEzsJN-syQ and call it a day
>livestream you drawing/knitting/mixing/creating some pony thing for an hour, explaining as you go, chatting and potentially getting ideas from chat, and then seeing what you get with the end result at the end of the hour
>>
File: matmrqfdftl[1].png (77 KB, 707x633)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>36910639
nope, doesn't look like there are any panels dedicated to stallions yet. so feel free.

by end of month i'll have something better set-up to show submitted panels, but for now here's the current list.
>>
What about an /mlp/ Unplugged? Acoustic versions of songs from the show and popular fan stuff. Bonus points if you blow your brains out afterwards.
>>
>>36910545
man what the fuck
>>
Can someone mod Assetto Corsa so the cars have pony names as drivers and unique car liveries? Have the cars be F1 or something and then have a race around a famous track.

That could be a fun half hour or hour
>>
File: tb224953653.jpg (872 KB, 2160x3240)
872 KB
872 KB JPG
>>36910606
>how much do you need?
Well for my main goal (which is to get dakimakura designs for all 3 mascots) is around $85. Currently I managed to find an artist willing & able to do these ponies in time for the con, plus I think the art style is suitable for daki use [pic related artist's artstyle for reference]. For just one daki it's around $30. There's also other 'famous' artists with similar price points specific for dakimakuras but most of them have long queue.
Knowing that $85 is quite a lot to ask, I can also do with basically any budget. Like a normal full color full body pony is around $5-$15 usually, while the half body is cheaper. [pic related] Those samples cost around $8-$11 each depending on complexity.

>>36911243
please be patient I have autism
>>
>>36911590
I'm willing to pledge $60, maybe we other anons would be willing to help make up the rest?
I assume there'd either be no profits made by anyone except artists/manufacturer?
>>
>>36911433
The AI in that is so fucking stupid
So YES PLEASE
>>
>>36911590
wew thank you anon for the huge sums of funding! it's enough to cover the main dakis for the con. Please let me know if you have specific requests for the artwork and I'll pass it down to the artist. Already shoot you an email!

>>36911874
>I'm willing to pledge $60, maybe we other anons would be willing to help make up the rest?
Well for the daki it's already mostly covered by another anon, but if you're still interested in funding this project I'd also come up with several proposals for other commissions. [pic related] I haven't got the proper quote yet but these should be a simpler art. Yeah any anon interested in funding this is welcomed, even if it's just $1 bucks, rest assured will make sure to spend every single cent.
>I assume there'd either be no profits made by anyone except artists/manufacturer?
yeah, besides PayPal taking a cut by default when anons donate and those pesky transaction fees, other than that I'll just pay the funds directly to artist for digital art commissions (no physical items involved). And then will try to organize and showcase when the con starts.
I also recorded the transactions in details here as proof.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hmBAcUdr0kOXHIbSUJxh_ubyhr2fb0VNjoBZ1VIAucE/edit#gid=193363713
>>
>>36912623
>even if it's just $1 bucks
Isn't sending $1 over paypal painful as fuck? I don't remember what their fees are, but I remember this "common wisdom" that while it's very reasonable for amounts of at least several dollars, sending just $1-2 skyrockets the fees into the double digit percentages. (I might be wrong of course.)
>>
File: PXL_20210426_182256246.jpg (2.66 MB, 2160x3840)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
>>36909118
>>
>>36912775
Mmmff yeah that's the stuff, baby.
>>
File: Anonfilly doodle.jpg (21 KB, 534x439)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
I drew an Anonfilly too, but I'm not sure the expression fits. Might want to draw her more devilish and tugging on Contard's tail or stealing Conpone's hat. Is there a full body of Conpone?
>>
>>36912775
nigger the fuck?
>>
>>36912775
Haha it's a giraffe
>>
>>36912775
Nice feet bro
>>
>>36912893
Cute filly. Saved.
>>
File: large.png (221 KB, 1280x935)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
Okay, I found Conpone's cutie mark for drawing purposes. So, like, what are Contard and Conpone's personalities like?
>>
>Maybe help us with some art of Contard/Anon Filly/something else we can use on the con site and as thread OP images
as fucking tragic as it is, I've never been able to escape this board and I fucking adore it. Is there anything particular that you'd like to see char-wise? at least to placeholder until you can get better artists to give it a shot?
>>
>>36913939
Conpone is naively excited but in a good way, she's here to enjoy everything anons have to offer and have >fun.
Contard is a tard.
>>
>>36913962
Anonfilly nuzzling Contard
>>
>>36913939
Contard is just a really odd one. She makes other ponies uncomfortable. It's not uncommon to find her staring off into space while her long horn is off messing with other ponies.
>>
>>36911590
lmao gottem.
>>
page 10 save
>>
Can we have some /gd/ anon make the schedule look like a con book? Also throw in ads for the vendors and other shitposts. Bonus points if you can download it to be a PDF
>>
>>36915962
This please.
>>
>>36915962
Have it so it's like $1 or something for the PDF and then add that to whatever charity thing is going on if there is one this year?
>>
>>36916204
Horse charity when?
Would love to help out horses like Verity again
>>
>>36914468
nice
>>
>>36914468
Has it been fulfilled yet?
>>
quick question, is conpone's cutie mark "/mlp/" or "/MLP" ?
>>
>>36917673
r/mlp or just /mlp/
>>
>>36914468
Thank you anon!
>>36917461
sorry I've been a bit busy behind schedule today so i haven't input the other donation in the spreadsheet yet, also just asked the other artists for commissions based on current budget. will update later today
>>
File: 2433741.png (1.45 MB, 1000x1500)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
>>36873279
Putting in an app later
>>
bump
>>
>>36873812
Initially read this as "I was I was a person" as if implying that you're not real.
>>
>>36919260
Based, want to share what you're planning?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (54 KB, 984x739)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>36912623
Some sketches for the daki (conpone) as proof of work, consider this as a mandatory leak. The rest of the development will not be posted after the con starts.

>>36912648
Yeah i forgot it's not really worth it. Well few bucks will do as well
as i'll probably overbudget on things usually by a few bucks anyways based on the budget
>>
>>36920168
That's a cute sketch.
>>
File: 1557635715194.png (136 KB, 942x995)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>36919803
Wait till the con anon
>>
>an online convention....

No thank you.. Who intar' nation thought it was cool to watch a Con online?!
>>
File: kregg_no_slam_jam_board.png (1.24 MB, 1448x866)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
Let Kregg do his 4hr "NO SLAM JAM".
>>
File: 1548994143540.gif (29 KB, 200x200)
29 KB
29 KB GIF
>>36922907
Hello newfriend! Here's a tip: you should lurk more before posting and avoid using images with the 4kt43adafg43y9538qtjxjf names.
>>
>>36923093
your image name is a series of numbers
>>
Is there any gamers herw that can make a roblox game?
>>
>>36923390
Lurk two full years before posting.
>>
Bump
>>
>>36920168
Any updates for the daki? That sketch is adorable and I'd get one or two.
>>
>>36923410
>roblox
Your autism is showing
>>
>>36925879
Not yet, but the artists all know the deadline so everything should be settled before the con starts. Also, I don't really want to update too much about the artwork, will probably only show the final product on the day of the con for the big reveal. ill let the organizers have access or something if they need to.
I'll update on the status of the specific commissions and the spendings on the spreadsheet though, its in the 'proposals & spendings' sheet

Besides the daki i also have high hopes on some other commissions, those should be suitable for custom print on merch. Currently I'm only able to spend it all on 5 commissions though, since most are quite pricey ones (cause one is for mug design, some artwork thats a bit complicated, another is a postcard). i still have some nice proposals for cheaper commission artworks that i think its suitable for stickers, prints and pins that would make up the quantity, it's all listed in the same sheet as well. But those still require some funding on that so if any anon is still interested in helping that please let me know.

since we're able to so far crowdfund so much to get something good, i wanted to try to make the presentation/reveal part more memorable so i decided to start work on a 3d place on a lego game platform. but first day of scripting for a specific thing already screwed up so i don't really have much high hopes for some 'features' of the game. nevertheless would make a room for anons to hangout.
Perhaps some anon willing to make a short panel for the reveal? (it'll probably take around than 10 minutes maybe). its still too early yet still neet to settle some basic things.

>I'd get one or two.
we'll get 3 daki artwork designs; conpone, contard and anonfilly.
>>
>>36926032
its a tradition now i wanna get that kids game involved somehow in every /mlp/ con ^:)
>>
>>36926116
regarding the art I dunno about others but I'd rather have fewer high quality memorable artworks than a bunch of quicky shitposty ones
>>
>>36926626
But that's you, anon. I'm one of the ones who would get shitposty stuff because I can and want to.
>>
I think we might get a glitch/datamoshing panel possibly
>>
>>36926626
there's only one thats mainly for shitposting purposes, the others are more of a simpler artstyle hence the price, it's still usable for stuff like keychains and shirt designs and anons can find good use for it.
if any anon feel like just wanting to sponsor specific commissions with the sample artstyle they like (refer to the No.'s in the spreadsheet) they can as well.
>>
Has anyone ever tried to contact Moot and get him to show up for a few minutes during the con? That would be great...

I mean he cared enough about the plight of horsefuckers to give us this board. Maybe he cares enough to say hello and give a nominal answer about his favorite pony?
>>
>>36929964
Not me, fuck off.
>>
Is the baking committee online?
>>
These discord niggers are doing another con?
>>
>>36930472
What do you mean by "baking"?
>>
>>36930641
'baking' baking ^:)
>>
File: file.png (52 KB, 1312x353)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
so i reached out to sunni westbrook (golly)'s agent and she sent me this...
>>
>>36930823
didnt respond yet cause spaghetti. if enough golly fags are interested in chipping in, i could start a paypal fund
>>
Is the baiting committee online?
>>
>>36931355
What do you mean by "baiting"?
>>
>>36931359
baiting baiting
>>
>>36930828
Trusting discord fags with our bits? No thanks.
>>
>>36886475
ill host it
>>
File: 1600585369379.jpg (618 KB, 2560x1377)
618 KB
618 KB JPG
We're making good progress with the minecraft hangout server for the con.
>>
>>36932459
Fug, that's impressive. I don't know anything about minecraft, so how are you lads building it? One block at a time or is there some sort of script that is being used to help build it all out?
>>
>>36932459
hype
shitposting around the bronycon venue (in minecraft) was funny as fuck
>>
File: 2370851.png (589 KB, 1000x467)
589 KB
589 KB PNG
Man i really wanted to host a game of Twiggie Quest last time, but i missed the opportunity. i could do that this time but the problem is that i don't know if i will return to work in june or not (probably not)
>>
Tomorrow I'll be working on making panel apps publicly accessible (minus personal details) and attempting to make some initial stabs at a schedule
>>
>>36932703
I think the guys making mapart are using a script to help, but the map as a whole is being built block by block using photos and videos of the con center as reference.
>>
>>36930823
can anon contact Imalou for shitposting panel?
>>36934363
>>
>>36932977
That's fucking dedication.
>>
File: 4chancup_mlp_kit.png (1 KB, 64x64)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
Reminder that there is the 4chan /mlp/ cup skin for minecraft
>>
>>36932787
what program is that?
>>
>>36935325
Tabletop Simulator. You can download basically any game from the Workshop for free, inducing Twiggie's Quest.
>>
>>36934465
I am not that anon, but i can personally contact imalou for a panel. I have a great idea for an artfag panel with lots of artists from the board, not just Imalou.
But this one discord circlejerk already planned on discord another art from a hat panel and recruited her for it, just when i was planning my art panel in the thread. and that pretty much made my artfag panel pointless.

I could still make another artfag panel with Imalou if she’s interested, but what’s the point if that one discord circlejerk already made the “real” artfag panel for themselves with Imalou and way more artists that are in their discord and don’t even browse the board?
>>
>>36935565
Yeah, I ran into that problem too. I'll artfag for your panel if you want, even though I'm some nobody, I can still put stylus to tablet and draw pony.
>>
>>36935565
Personally, I'd love the opportunity to interview her, but only when she can really discuss the G5 stuff which probably wouldn't be until next year.
>>
>>36935565
Two artfag panels doesn't sound bad. If you're thinking of organizing one for board drawfags only I don't think anyone would complain.
>>
File: mavyxrmmpch[1].png (58 KB, 1075x890)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
I've been putting together the schedule and it looks like we have few overlaps so far, with the most glaring one being an hour overlap during the last hour of Kickyball 2 (FAG) and the first hour of Drawfriends Gone Wild (artist illuminati) panel.
Friday is relatively empty, with our first event scheduled at 3pm (15 minutes), the next at 5pm (60 minutes), then a couple more from 9pm-11pm.
Saturday is pretty full with non-stop events from 7am-1am.
Sunday is pretty empty with one event at 12pm (30 minutes) and another at 5:30pm (2 hours)
(all times above in EDT aka GMT-4)
>>
>>36936341
oh yeah, the point: If you want to schedule a panel for an empty spot, feel free to do so lol.
if you want to move panels, I think I enabled the ability to edit your form submission, but if you can't figure it out drop a note here, contact me, or I'll be in contact with you shortly
>>
>>36935565
sounds like the artist illuminati discord server. i fucking hate discordfags
>>
>schedule already mostly assembled
Fug, guess I better get my shit together and figure out what I'm doing for the Everfree Outpost panel
>>
>>36936925
That the pony.town alt? I made an anonfilly there once.
>>
>>36936925
Remember, we can do up to 2 tracks using the second cytube
And Sunday's mostly empty still
Plenty of space to fill, anon
>>
>>36936923
>>36935565
you guys honestly just seem pissed because youre not getting invited to their server ^:)
>>
>>36936313
2nd, two cakes sound pretty gud
>>
File: unnamed2.jpg (44 KB, 288x162)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
bump for more panels on sunday
>>
>>36936923
are you aware that this con is ran by discord fags?
>>
>>36939985
Is it?
>>
>>36939999
Yes.
>>
>>36935565
honestly we would probably prioritize imalou and have the other art thing be on sunday or something
>>
>>36935565
I apologize, I've lurked this thread for a long time but I didn't reply as I thought anons here didn't want any "g5 content", I felt it was the best that I stick to the "drawfriends gone wild" panel and keep it low. I've received messages on Twitter aswell and I was hesitant.
Since I see the subject is on me again, I said on the first thread that I'd be happy to join any other art panel or do an interview. I cannot talk about details or draw g5 content for obvious reasons but I can talk about art and how to go the pro route, if you don't mind my thick accent. The only condition I have is that it has to be during a CET timezone. I'm open to discussions about organization.
>>
File: 1551566297276.gif (831 KB, 383x371)
831 KB
831 KB GIF
>>36940237
Pay no attention to the screeching. It's just a bunch of anons who hate everything that isn't precisely as they like.
>>
File: 224677.gif (301 KB, 395x445)
301 KB
301 KB GIF
>>36940256
>anons organize event for themselves and the board to have fun
>lol it mustn't be precisely as they like it
ride a cactus bareback
>>
File: Coco Pommel.jpg (75 KB, 1080x1440)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>36940264
You don't get to decide what others think, Anon. From what I can tell, G5 is kinda like EQG in that it has the board split. Some like it, some hate it, most don't really care - or in G5's case, are withholding their judgment until they see more. I'd love to find out more about G5 in a G5 panel, but that sadly isn't possible. On the other hand, I'd also like to know how Imalou got to be a part of the crew.
And in case you're wondering, I'm waiting until I see what the characters and the writing are like. The visuals may be kinda eh, but if it's well written and the characters are good, I'll definitely watch it.
>>
>>36940313
Wasn't talking about G5, you obsessed fag
>>
>>36940324
The point still stands. You don't get to say what others think or like. The con is for the whole board, even those who disagree with you, not just you.
>>
>>36940333
Go read the first couple of con threads, tourdrist.
The whole board, except for a couple shitposting retards, pretty much agreed dicksword needs to go.
If you want a dicksword event then suit yourself and go to the fucking dicksword.
>>
>>36940333
>The con is for the whole board
And discord niggers too apparently, though that's not going to change since they run it.
>>
>>36940343
I never even mentioned discord. Why are you bringing it up? What does it have to do with anything I said?
>>
>>36940237
An interview or something sounds like a cool idea.
G5 is a very controversial subject right now so in a way it's a good thing that you can't say much about it.

>>36940333 (checked)
While true, avoiding topics that generate an excessive amount of butthurt (justified or no) is a decent thing to do.
>>
>>36940350
The biggest gripe so far was not Imalou's involvement in G5, but Imalou being snatched by a dicksword circlejerk.
>>
File: IMG_20210502_221746.jpg (21 KB, 302x360)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>36940237
>I thought anons here didn't want any "g5 content"
well personally i dont like change, i dont like overrated SFM models that much, but ill cope and learn to accept to G5 someday. In the meantime its a good asset for shitposts and make anons 'mad'. ^:)
You being involved in G5, feels like you're the new sister of /mlp/, so all your little brothers will talk shit of you and praise mom you'll get used to this.

at the end of the day, as long as it's still pony its good enough. You have any specific thing in mind you like to do for this online con? maybe give a ted talk or something? or just let off steam and piss off anons.
>>
>>36940313
>>36940333
hey guy, the con is for the board, not for offtopic shit
>>
File: snoozin.png (283 KB, 1652x701)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
>>36935565
Having multiple art panels sound pretty fun to me at least. You can count me in anon.
>>
File: 1586609667682.gif (3.35 MB, 185x189)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB GIF
>>36940357
>You have any specific thing in mind you like to do for this online con? maybe give a ted talk or something? or just let off steam and piss off anons.

Aside of the drawfriends panel, it could be fun to have an interview while designing ponies with anon's ideas while I answer questions, I did that during MidAir. It's not easy to concentrate on both but it can lead to fun ideas. I would maybe need a second person to assist and give me the questions ! I won't have much time in the coming weeks to prepare a whole panel so I prefer to go into improvisation.
>>
I think Imalou should host a g6 design panel, where she designs it from the ground up with no obligations to be nice to nonartistic executives to keep her job
>>
>>36940237
What's the best way to contact you about a panel idea?
I'd be down for an interview to discuss the things you can discuss, like how you got to be involved with G5, general art topics, and whatever else.
>>
>>36940830
>designing ponies with anon's ideas
That sounds pretty rad desu
>>
>>36941119
You can message me over twitter, then I'll give you my contact I usually use Discord and Telegram for direct communications
>>
>>36940830
>designing ponies with anon's ideas
upgrade contard to G5 abomination
>>
>>36940830
Agreed with >>36941312. That sounds fun. Otherwise, I'm just happy people are willing to join in on the online convention and have fun with pone.
>>
>>36940264
>anons organize event
I wish it was organized by anons
>>
>>36940237
I don't want any G5 content. Anyplace that could be for FiM is already shat up enough with things like EQG. If we have the chance at an actual FiM event, I would like to take it.
>>
>>36940859
This is a great idea!
>>36940830
>>
+1
>>
File: conpone1.jpg (111 KB, 1386x1349)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
I sketched Conpone and Anonfilly as a moth, now it just needs lined and colored
>>
>>36941389
what's your Discord?
>>
>>36940645
Hell yeah, love your comfy art.
>>
>>36940830
>interview while designing ponies
That actually sounds dope.
>>
File: 1142480.png (239 KB, 594x612)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
>>36943719
>Anonfilly as a moth
But why?
>>
File: 1599196446246.jpg (340 KB, 2560x1377)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
>>36935068
People are lazy and herding cats to get to work is hard, so it won't be as complete as it could be, but without giving away any of the hidden secrets:
The second building of the con center is now complete, a few of the attached buildings are now there including the one that housed the hall of chaos, and the town itself has been cleaned up quite a bit.
>>
>>36940830
I interviewed elley ray last year and managed to get her for it, maybe i can help find questions with you in a voice chat during the draw thing? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPdIIItvgjc
>>
>>36944388
>Spec trying to drag G5 garbage into this year's con
>>
I see someone had a spaghetti incident with his posts.
>>
>>36944388
>>36944418
The QA would be interesting to see though, how it was all made and more intricacies she went through from being a fandom artist to someone working in the inside, so if ya'll could work that out
>>
>>36944638
>Wanting G5 garbage in the con
>>
Got a thing scheduled with Imalou, going to be interview style thing, we can stream her drawing if she wants, and we can take Q&A from the thread
>>
>>36936349
>>36938964
Slide the No-Slam Jam over to Sunday at the same time, and I can swing that.
>>
>>36944799
Can you try not to focus on G5?
>>
>>36944799
Can you try to focus on G5?
>>
>>36944943
Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>36944638
>>36944418
g5 is still pony
>>
>>36944928
She literally can't talk about it
>>
>>36945023
>>36945058
But you're still inviting the g5 furry.
>>
>>36945023
I look at G5 as the expiration date for /mlp/. There's a reason some of us are looking making /fim/.
>>
>>36945107
You need a safe space?
>>
>>36944388
Yes. Let's have the resdient clout goblin drunk have a hand at planning again. No thanks tranny.
>>
>>36945157
what about these people interviewing?
https://youtu.be/1_tgCughGSY
>>
>>36945200
How about no g5 furry.
>>
>>36945153
Do you want to have no place left for FiM?
>>
File: Surprise_Event.png (99 KB, 1092x722)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>36932787
'Ere we Go
>>
File: 1612946632753.png (20 KB, 128x128)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>36945764
>>
File: Full_Team.png (228 KB, 1100x733)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>36946474
No tears, only dreams now
>>
>>36945764
Horn needs to be longer
>>
>>36946733
Its just to stay within the size of all the twiggies, since she's not the real Contard, but just a clone
>>
>>36944038
it was a request from MLPG
>>
>>36945200
no
>>
>>36946605
That little shit ate my deep fried peetzer and still demanded a 20% tip.
>>
>>36936128
>>36940645
my panel idea was basically any drawfag from the board willing to join to draw pone and talk about pone, drawing whatever they want or taking requests from any thread. pretty much a drawthread panel with some added fun stuff. doesn't matter who the artists are or how good they can't draw. I like mixing together artists of varying skill level and experience even if they're totally new to drawing or as accomplished as Imalou, so i would've been happy to have you participate, whoever you are!

>>36936313
i thought about making a second one anyway, but honestly my motivation for it got drained after that other panel got made, regardless of imalou joining it. feels like they're trying to be THE drawing panel again.

>>36936134
I wasn't going to interview her or treat her like a celebrity, and i definitely wasn't going to be doing anything g5 related for the panel. i thought a nice comfy pone drawing and art discussion panel would've been cool for anons to watch. Imalou wasn't intended to be the "main event" of the panel or anything, even if anons would've been tuning in just to see her.

>>36940237
you did nothing wrong! i get you can't talk about g5, and the panel i had in mind wasn't going to do anything with g5 anyway unless if any of the drawfags felt like drawing g5 but that would be their choice what things to draw. having you on the panel to draw pone and talk about art with a handful of other drawfags even literally who artists would've been awesome, and i think a second drawfag panel is a good idea. i'm not interested in making this second drawthread/drawfag panel myself anymore but other anons are more than welcome to steal my idea and make a comfy pone drawing panel happen.
>>
>>36944799
>inviting g5
>inviting furfags
>>
>>36949540
Dude, just stop. Nothing bad in hating G5 (I don't like it too) but attacking other posts for wanting /mlp/con to have a panel with Imalou is completely missing the point. She literally said she can't even do a G5 panel ffs.
>>
>>36949284
>feels like they're trying to be THE drawing panel again.
they're discord clout goblins on whose only use of the actual board is to get attention. what else is new.
>>
>>36949564
I've been called a discord clout goblin before, but a few of the ppl in that group definitely fit that description
Not all of them, just a few
>>
>>36949540
Shut the fuck up nigger. This fag in every other thread swear to God.
>>
>>36949564
pretty sure this description also applies to the con organizers
>>
>>36945217
Anon, you could be that guy and just keep making pony threads. In theory you can bump the EQG and G5 threads down to page 10.
>>
>>36950289
It's just the Spec nigger. The fucking tranny is trying to lure in the Twitter police to the con by his actions.
>>
>>36950769
Any pony threads you make will get spammed, making the point kind of moot. I can honestly say not even a year ago would I have ever considered looking elsewhere. /mlp/ has been my home for 8 years. You look and you see the situation with EQG, I highly doubt the it will be any better with G5. Things will likely only get worse. That seems to be the only direction things can go anymore. In the past people have said that we're a sort of time capsule, maybe we can make our own of sorts. Actually have a home for FiM.
>>
>>36950793
What, he's a tranny too? I've heard of his niggery and I'm not even in that server. Isn't he that faggot that's actively against the board?
>>
>>36950793
what the fuck
I thought that guy who was literally from reddit and invited wootmaster was fucking gone
>>
>>36951064
He's a fucking spaz. That loves the attention that people give him. Doesn't matter if it's positive of negative. He is an off boarder that loves to name fag. I can't believe he has a hand at organizing this con.
>>36951557
I keep tabs on these people, and this faggot is calling attention to himself on Twitter. Not that you guys care about their discord podcast. But the dumb fuck linked it to them on Twitter. I am sure that most of them won't even touch the link. But I know a few will go down the rabbit hole. Can't wait for these Twitter niggers to be at the con. Thanks Spec
>>
File: 76868.png (56 KB, 744x379)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>36952048
what the fuck did he tweet hahah
time to give spec the axe, finally
/mlp/ is a an anonymous community, not a twitter shithole
>>
i like spec, i think hes cool, a bit intimidating, wild, and naive. reminds me of my younger self when i don't know the limits and gone crazy and done some stupid shit.
>>
>>36951557
Nope, he's still in the con discord channel with him posting about trying to get mlp staff for interviews.
>>
>>36952110
If you mean "as loud and intimidating as a barking chihuahua", sure
Now take that namefaggotry drama back to where it belongs

>>36952167
If he can that's great, if not too bad, everyone is open to participate if they wish to
>>
>>36952172
You're right anon. We should let more off boarders organize more events.
>>
>>36952237
most of the /mlp/ con organizers are discord off boarders who have the position because they are mods of the /mlp/ youtube discord or friends with the mods.

their rationale for the con being made by off boarders is that they’re not off boarders at all, saying that all people stop being off boarders the moment they browse or make a post on /mlp/, and there’s no difference between redditors, twitterfags, discord trannies, and /mlp/ anons. They even call themselves anons in their discord activities.
>>
File: shitty place.png (1.33 MB, 1301x668)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>36912623
>>36898443
>I haven't heard any word of if the roblox thing will return
this year decided to make a new place instead, going to keep it smaller and simpler this time, and with a purpose (this year is to showcase the small project of anons funding to get con's mascot artwork from the Chinese)

The place is:
>https://www.roblox.com/games/6751424156/
Please ignore the random dummies and trash items its just for testing purposes.
Once entered the big room, the artworks will be on the left side of the wall (for now, the ones with bunch of spoiler decals). and the right side of the wall if there's more funding to get more commissions. The rest of the place are just for stuffs.

There's still a long way to go, still trying to make it look somewhat decent, will try to add some interactive things if I can to make the place more fun. Hopefully this year will be better than last year.
Well as always, it's opened to all anons to edit, 'Anons' that are in the group can have access to help edit and build the place if interested.
>>
>>36952337
I have to agree that they are genuinely offboarders
I am no longer in the offboard /mlp/ youtube discord, but I watched one of their podcasts the other week
one person didn't know flutterrape, defended season 9 and fame and misfortune, and demanded that people accept all seasons as canon
another person defended eqg and pony life, and insulted lauren faust directly
another person didn't know who tracy was until last year
another person said that nobody should be worried about the "activism" in g5, because, and I quote:
>"in all respects, twilight was a fucking activist"
also, none of them knew about snowpitys

offboarders, simple as
>>
>>36952365
basically, there is no podcast
there is a circlejerk discord call that is streamed to the world under the name of this board
>>
>>36952353
something unrelated, here's another sketch of another commission in progress.
>>36925879
Update status on the daki, conpone is completed. Had some last minor fixes for exports, will reveal it on the day of the con.

Also, could use some extra funding from anons, there's still more than half of the proposals that's not able to complete (don't worry those are for smaller cheaper simpler commissions). If any anon's interested in investing please let me know (if you have a specific artwork style/proposal you like to cover)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hmBAcUdr0kOXHIbSUJxh_ubyhr2fb0VNjoBZ1VIAucE/edit#gid=230500991
>>
>>36952048
I been on the board since 2013 and rest of 4chan ever since the smash 3ds leaks on /v/
>>
>>36951064
Nah I love the board and will never go trans. I'm mostly doing my own panels this year and not really helping organize this year. Just helping mod the cytube and youtube chat, that's pretty much my role this time
>>
>>36952537
>i’m not really helping organize
define “not really.”

>helping mod
>pretty much
didnt you promise not to moderate any shit for the 2021 con you tranny piece of shit?
>>
Will the Gastonanon picture be posted in the Minecraft server? i hope so
>>
>>36952563
Like making schedules. Doing pr. All I done so far is get elley. Got the OP drawing commissioned. Got 15 for an interview. And get ahold of a few agents, and like previously stated gonna help moderate spam which isn't a big deal I only had to mute one anon spamming last year. Mostly help for BT's sanity since it takes alot of work outta him
>>36930823
>so i reached out to sunni westbrook (golly)'s agent and she sent me this...
>>
>>36952640
spam huh?
>>
>>36952640
>”i’m not really helping organize”
well that was a fucking lie.
>>
>>36952640
does it sound fair to you that no actual anon from the board is allowed to have anywhere near your level of influence because you’re in the discord and friends with the mods?
>>
>>36952729
Yes.
>>
>>36952729
yes, you anonymous jackass
>>
>>36952729
Obviously
>>
>>36952729
是的,谁能够抢到位子就得到!spec主席万岁!
>>
Alright, supposed if the con sacked spec, who's gonna take over his position? Sita?
>>
>>36952844
what about:
a n o n
>>
>>36952848
ah got it, thanks A n o n!
>>
It'd be nice if there was a con not organized by circlejerking discord niggers.
>>
>>36953021
ill host a con in my mom's house tomorrow come come
>>
Spec did an okay thing by getting Elley. The interview was meh at best. Especially when the questions were so milk toast. He did an okay thing last year. It doesn't excuse him being fucking nigger in the threads before and after during the 2020 con. He has proven to be a clout chasing faggot. With his prime excuse of acting out as "I did it because it was funny." We don't need people like him representing the board. As autistic as we are. Atleast the austism is self contained in here.
>>
>>36873279
Will there be another podcast for the con? If so I have a request for a "all star" cast. Since last years podcast was horrible. I rather have a select group of people knowing what they doing. Rather than a bunch of drunk retards.
>>
>>36953161
>We don't need people like him representing the board
That'd be good, but they wont do shit about their discord circlejerk buddies ,and every organizer is a part of it, so it's not happening.
>>
>>36953217
no that podcast is terrible
>>
>>36952365
I browse this board and I don't know snowpitys
>>
>>36952578
Post pic please?
>>
>>36953313
>tfw he doesnt think how do mares snowpitys smell?
>>
>>36953342
wingpits?
>>
ok I think I found it

If I’m not mistaken, snowpitys are the term for a pegasi’s oil-secreting anus adjacent gland. They draw oil from this gland and preen it into their feathers to help keep them water-resistant (not waterproof)
>>
>>36953217
Please no
>>
>>36953351
>snowpity
It's in the name. It's the sadness a pony feels at the end of winter wrap up for the lost season and the many lost snowflakes, condensed into a single tear.
>>
>>36953375
yeah but why would that have a smell?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (575 KB, 1500x1000)
575 KB
575 KB PNG
>>36953323
Sure
>>
>>36953217
>Will there be another podcast for the con?
Yes, the trannies who run that shitshow run the con, so they're going to take every opportunity to show off their discord projects.
>>
>>36950289
Isn't there some faggot there who bitches about projects when they don't use discord?
>>
>>36954222
no
>>
>>36954222
I think
>>
>>36951557
>>36952048
He's not involved at all in planning any more than anyone else here.

>>36952729
If you want to be more involved, I'd love the help.
Reach out via email or whatever
>>
>>36954320
>He's not involved at all in planning any more than anyone else here.
Can you stop talking out of your ass please?
>>
>>36954222
Isn't that most of their server?
>>
File: IWTCICT_wip.png (60 KB, 1056x745)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
Some work in progress
>>
>>36954449
Did you trace that?
>>
>>36954449
this is just a crosspost from the con discord
>>
>>36954463
Can they do anything right?
>>
>>36954457
That's the cleaned up version. it take some time to understand the pose, since it's mostly circles
>>
>>36954222
i remember some guy named raiku bitching about it in one of their podcasts
>>
>>36954463
There isn't a con discord
>>
>>36954663
So who's organizing the stuff then? the board? the discord? both? do some people here organize some things and those on discord other things? how does it even work
>>
>>36954663
there's a con discord channel
>>
>>36954748
>So who's organizing the stuff then?
People from the discord.
>do some people here organize some things and those on discord other things?
Seems most stuff is organized privately between the organizers, or through the /mlp/ youtube channel discord.
>>
>>36954663
The organizers downsized from a seperate discord, to a channel in a discord server they already had.
>>
>>36954840
Thanks for the explanation, it makes more sense now
>>
>>36953161
To be fair, its pretty funny, What? i dont know. IT
>>
>>36952844
position? of panelist? >>36952706
still not.. just assisting and not as much
>>
>>36954563
Yeah I think it was him.
>>
>>36954748
Volunteers for the board are doing the scheduling and will be contacting panelists/event hosts
Honestly about 90% of the work always seems to fall on me desu
I did the web site, the forms, the scheduling
I'll be working to see if we can stream nsfw events on pony.tube
Need to streamline the cytube channels, fix the emotes, make the "now playing/next event" headers more automated
Devise some better way to promote the vendors
And that's just a small part
I'd love help, but for a lot of this I need offboard communication (of any type, even email) because I'm not disclosing personal details here in public
So, if you want to help, get in contact with me
I'll work on setting up a different email address if there's an interest in helping to organize

>>36954849
That channel is not for /mlp/ con, it's for that group to organize their own con events
It was used to plan their panel and interviews at BronyCon

>>36954830
Post your receipts
There is no /mlp/ con planning being done on Discord
Prove me wrong
Every time I ask y'all either deflect or disappear
>>
>>36955016
>There is no /mlp/ con planning being done on Discord
Is planning events for the con not planning for the con
>>
>>36955050
No, it's not
Individuals and groups are planning their events wherever and however they want
>>
>>36955016
>There is no /mlp/ con planning being done on Discord. Prove me wrong

proof cannot be attained for private conversations you and the other organizers have together.

But it’s easy to figure out that the organizers and you are doing all their planning on discord by using the elimination method. you guys dont post all your planning in these threads, and you guys have to communicate somewhere, and you guys use discord every day to talk to each other.
>>
>>36955016
It's being done privately between fags who use discord religiously, of course it's planned on discord.
>>
>>36955016
Why is it even called the /mlp/con if some discord nigger can just make a panel and go without even touching the board.
>>
File: 1614017830128.png (263 KB, 564x516)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
>>36955087
>>36955098
It's a conspiracy!
>They must be planning on discord, because they aren't posting panelist's email addresses here
Complete retardation
Like I said, I'm doing most of this by myself because none of you niggers are willing to do shit except think up crazy baseless conspiracy theories
Here's your last (you)
>>
>>36955016
Twifag, you are a retard discord faggot.
>>
>>36955122
>off he goes back into the discord server
>>
>>36955122
okay see you next time you come into the thread
>>
>>36955016
Maybe because the head of the discord server is also the head organizer of the con, it's also pretty obvious the board isn't used for planning the con.
>>
>>36955122
remember when anons on /mlp/ voted in that poll for you fags to delete the con discord and you said it was a rigged poll and it doesnt count? you know a thing or two about conspiracy theories
>>
>the discord circlejerk is so familiar with themselves, that they can't see anonymous as anything but the voice of a single person speaking out against them, because they don't have a pool of names or faces to compare theirs to
this still holds true
>>
>>36955277
kek
its true
>>
File: herp derp.png (180 KB, 1368x855)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
I've been curious for a while now but I didn't want to make a thread about it because it's just a quick question.
What's with the stigma against Discord?
>It takes discussion away from the board
Okay, I understand that point. But what about old-school IRC chats? Weren't they a thing back in the early board days?
I can't remember if using IRC was taboo back then but isn't using Discord and IRC chats the same thing?
I'm not for or against using Discord, honestly I don't care. But I am curious.
>pic unrelated
>>
>>36955355
it seems like people are using discord to build a name for themselves which wasn't really thing in ircs
at least not the ones I joined
>>
>>36955441
That seems to be more of a problem with the people, not the platform.
And during the channels lifetime, I'm sure there must be some instance of someone in an IRC trying to make a name for themselves. You can reserve nicks iirc and when you tie a name to a person then it enables that person to gain notoriety through their online persona.
Whether that's a good or a bad thing, I am sure that depends on who you ask.
>>
>>36955477
yeah but they didnt have voice calls to circlejerk eachother off with a dedicated channel to spam an unrelenting torrent of offtopic and unfunny npc memes
its bigly cringe, which is a phrase that I'm sure they would use
they think they are more important than everyone else, because they talk in a voice call and circlejerk each other off
>>
>>36955477
>the people vs the platform
the community can be just as big of a problem as the platform itself if not more so. like reddit and redditors.

we never saw IRC users relentlessly try to supplement or even replace 4chan activity the way discord trannies try to shove discord down our throats. and discord trannies act like total redditors. If IRC users acted like discordfags then you’d see 4chan complaining about IRC too.
>>
>>36955016
Is there any work that the random Anon can help with?
>>
>>36955477
>That seems to be more of a problem with the people, not the platform.
Discord seems to be built for that kind of stuff though, compared to irc at least.
>>
>>36955016
I greatly appreciate your work but you're still discord fagets.
>>
>>36955122
But i wanted to help a little with some drawings and i thoudht the con-planning channel was for the /mlp/ con
>>
>>36955016
But we know it's being organized by discord niggers, and it's incredibly blatant that the are using it for their organizing.
You being an example
>>
>>36955016
>That channel is not for /mlp/ con
Stop pretending to be retarded
>>
>>36955616
I don't know, shitposting on the thread for (you)s? The way things are going you're gonna get a lot of them for something like suggesting an Eqg panel or a G5 discussion
>>
>page one
>huh, guess they're planning the convention-
>oh, nevermind, they're just bitching again
Disappointed but not surprised. I'll be real with you chieftain, we're thinking about backing out. Who do we contact to say "sorry, we're not interested in hosting a panel this year"?
>>
>>36955987
Pay no mind to it, that always happens when someone from the discord posts itt. It was the same last year and the con was still great despite all the shitposting and discord faggotry.
>>
>>36955987
Yeah, bitching to this degree is pretty much par for course. Look back at last year's planning threads and you'll see the same level of it.
>>
>>36955999
>Look back at last year's planning threads and you'll see the same level of it
Last year's was far, far worse, primarily because it was actually warranted last year.
>>
>>36955987
fill out the form linked on the discord
>>
>>36900118
This. Fucking redditors.
>>
File: file.png (3.38 MB, 3250x2250)
3.38 MB
3.38 MB PNG
Don't mind me, just posting Discord.
>>
File: file.png (1.37 MB, 1500x2100)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
>>
>>36956444
It's not linked in the discord, it's the OP, shitposter
>>
>>36954449
are you going to post the colored version?
>>
File: colored discord.png (31 KB, 427x354)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>36957579
He already did in the discord
>>
>>36957598
before here lol
>>
Do any other drawfags want to do a third drawing panel together? Mainly just looking for someone to bounce thoughts off of while drawing. On the technical side, is there an easy way to switch inputs on OBS, but I guess we can use Flockdraw or something like that.
>>
Also looking for input on making stickers, if you could answer this poll it would be great:

https://www.strawpoll.me/45232595
>>
>>36957638
I voted contard, but I think that would be the best if her horn was like a long sticky piece for her horn
I wouldn't vote contard if her horn had to get shrunk to fit
>>
>>36957638
Could we get a drawfag that isn't a discord nigger?
>>
>>36957651
I was thinking in a bow, for some reason
>>
>>36957664
Yeah. How about you, Anon?
>>
>>36957675
that sounds cute
>>
File: 71ht+TCUkSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (145 KB, 1486x1268)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
here's a wacky idea
does anybody remember pic related?
is there some way we can make con tard versions?
we can mass produce anon filly plushes, I feel like this isn't that much of a stretch
>>
>>36957683
whipped this up as an idea
>>
File: IWTCICT_Color.png (237 KB, 1200x1200)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>>36957579
Here
>>
>>36957745
Nice
>>
>>36955616
Have you ever streamed stuff to YouTube before using OBS or similar software?

>>36955841
it's not.
>>
>>36960074
>Have you ever streamed stuff to YouTube before using OBS or similar software?
I use OBS a fair bit. I've never done any streaming though. The other thing for me that I should say is that I can't really into synchronous stuff, so unfortunately I know that does kind of limit things. I do plan on recording the con again this year. At some point I need to verify that I have enough working setups + backups for however many streams there are this year. I would have liked to have been more active here and already have some con stuff in motion but I've been extremely busy these past few months (and likely will be still for the next week or so).
>>
did anyone who helped moderate the cytube last year happen to save the MOTD template?
Last year at the end of the con they fucked it up and I don't want to recreate it.

>>36960117
That's fine, recording it is really awesome.
There's likely to only be 2 streams, or possibly only one
We'll see what happens as more panelist apps come in.
>>
>>36873279
Bump
>>
>>36955841
>i thoudht the con-planning channel was for the /mlp/ con
it is
>>
>>36960074
>>36960235
Thanks schizo friends
>>
>>36952729
>We should anonymize everything and only use 4chan for organization which is 5000% less efficient and retarded but yeah we should do it because this is uh 4chan con oops even though we can't even host the con on 4chan since mods are faggots and so is chinkmoot
>>
File: FUKING BRUTAL.jpg (26 KB, 500x464)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>36961714
>>
>>36955355
>>36955477
I know I'm late to the party but personally I think IRC wouldn't be as bad because you can just pop into the channel and check it out with almost no effort. On discord
- you have to run the official client which is non-free software, the only alternative is a bootleg pirate client that discord tries their hardest to ban and stamp out
- you have to connect to the official servers, which are ran in an extremely shady way; compare rizon or freenode or Twifag could even trivially host his own IRC server, but with discord this is not possible
- you have to have an account; some chats can be set to let people read them without signing it, but you must always sign in to say anything, as far as I'm aware; on IRC you can join with any nick and just start talking
- creating an account is a painful process, requiring either a) a Good Goy email address, or b) a phone number. On IRC, even if you want to register your nick, literally all you need is to set a password.

All these measures make discord such an unpleasant experience that it's basically only used by people who have already bought into the system, ergo, discordfags/discord trannies. This contributes to the separation and hence rising tension, as the discord trannies defend their choice with "it's so convenient!" and everyone who hasn't yet sold their soul is sitting outside in revulsion. Meanwhile, if it was an IRC server, anyone could always just pop in to take a glance or say something if they wanted.
Sure there could still be circlejerking and drama on IRC, but at least there wouldn't be the clearcut divide and resulting polarisation between "discord trannies" and "everyone else".
>>
>>36961714
less discord shilling please
>>
>>36961896
thank you
>>
>>36961896
Discord is free, have you suffered brain damage lately? The paid subscription is just for flavor shit
>>
>>36962257
Can I
0. Use it as I wish, for any purpose?
1. Study how it works, and change it so it behaves as I wish? (Source code access is a precondition to this)
2. Redistribute copies?
3. Redistribute copies of my modified version?
If these four freedoms are not satisfied, then the software is not free.
>>
>>36961896
Exactly this, now watch this post get ignored or deflected with "lmao everyone does this in {current_year}, accept it already".
>>
>>36962274
Ah you meant Opensource Free-ware. Technically discord should count as Freeware, since you don't have to really pay the subscription, but you can't modify it. Not all freeware stuff is allowed to be modified by users
>>
>>36962295
>Opensource
Open source is not free software, though the concept is related. It's possible to have non-free open source software - for instance, if the source is made public, but a license is not granted to modify the software.
>Free-ware
"Freeware" is a completely unrelated concept that has nothing to do with free software. In fact, "freeware" usually refers to proprietary, non-free software that can be acquired without paying.

You're confusing "free as in beer" and "free as in freedom". When people talk about "free software" they mean the latter 99% of the time, not about freeware.
>>
>>36961909
Time to TYM because Dicksword is living rent free in your head, schizlord.
>>
>>36961896
IRC users and server operators also seem more privacy-aware in general. I have a friend who's on Freenode staff and he talks sometimes about problems they have with moderation and anti-spam due to not keeping any logs (not even public channels are logged server-side).

Also I think it helps that IRC is a bit less user-friendly than Discord. Normies and casuals who just want to join so they can feel included are less likely to put up with IRC clients and their quirks (even web clients still have issues).

>>36962304
Since we're being pedantic
>It's possible to have non-free open source software - for instance, if the source is made public, but a license is not granted to modify the software
If you're not permitted to modify the software, then it's not "open source" according to the Open Source Definition
https://opensource.org/docs/definition.php
>3. Derived Works
>The license must allow modifications and derived works, and must allow them to be distributed under the same terms as the license of the original software.
What you're describing is called "shared source" or "source available".
>>
File: file.png (439 KB, 1280x1493)
439 KB
439 KB PNG
This thread would be a lot better for planning without the constant bitching. No wonder people prefer other platforms.
>>
>>36962359
isn't it /mlp/ con?
>>
>>36961714
>4chan is less efficient
discordfags have funny reasons to hate actually using 4chan. as expected of offboarders
>>
would love to know why /mlp/con is run by discordfags who think 4chan is yucky.
>>
>>36962429
What's best for organize something: a program where you can directly talk to the guy doing what you asked, where you can post progress and codes and shit and are not restrained by any global rules, or an image board where the timing for discussion is limited, super slow and once the post number is reached, you have to make a new thread?
Think Mark, Think
>>
>>36962469
just how new to 4chan are you my dude?
>>
>>36962469
reddit is faster, more efficient, and better organized that 4chan so let’s all move to reddit to discuss MLP from now on.

will i see you there?
>>
>>36962535
You go first, maybe one day we will meet again
>>
>>36962535
Even Reddit would be a better place for planning the con than an ANONYMOUS imageboard. At least on Reddit you can tell who is taking to who and the site is more robust than this forum from 20 years ago. I can't imagine how annoying using this site daily must be. But no, having to solve a fucking captcha every time is better than registering on Discord.
>muh personal data
Nobody cares, they have millions of users anyways. A hundred more wouldn't charge anything.
>>
>>36962598
The con isn't about Discord/Reddit/whatever else. It's about /mlp/ 4chan which is why it's here.
>>
>>36962614
That'd be true if the organizers stopped with the discord shit.
>>
File: cool looking toaster.png (156 KB, 703x717)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>36961896
Alright, these are all good points.
Thanks for the explanation, Anon. I now understand the difference between the two chat systems and why one is more preferred than the other.
Though having said that...
What would it take to create an IRC for the /mlp/ con and would it even been a good idea?
If not then that's it, we'll just stick to the threads. If the benefits of creating an IRC outweigh the cons then maybe perhaps it would be worth considering?

>>36955496
>>36955560
>>36955616
Thank you for explaining your views as well, I would've responded earlier but i went to bed and when I woke up the topic had already shifted and I didn't want to waste more posts towards bump limit like i'm doing now. derp herp
>>
>>36962789
>What would it take to create an IRC for the /mlp/ con
Easy mode: open a new channel on rizon or whatever
Quality mode, but still nothing difficult: Twifag hosts an IRC server
>would it even be a good idea
For hashing out schedules and such, probably, but only if the organisers actually use it. Personally I don't exactly have hope it would get used for anything at all.
>>
>>36962789
I think the con named after the board should reside entirely on the board when possible, all conversations about projects, and organization should be done on the board itself.
>>
Discord is good for organizing content you retards. Once a thread falls off page 10 its gone forever.
>>
>>36873279
I'm still available to help out with scheduling for panels. Along with hunting vendors and panelists
>>
>>36962836
>Desu archive
You fucking off boarder
>>
>>36961714
>>36962469
>>36962598
>>36962836
so this is the mindset if the /mlp/ youtube channel discord fags?

>an ANONYMOUS imageboard!
>you have to make a new threads when the bump limit is reached!
>you have to solve a fucking captcha!
>timing for posts is limited!

oh the humanity. you poor offboarders
>>
>>36962828
>all conversations about projects, and organization should be done on the board itself.
In reality, nobody is doing this, as you can see from this thread. The reason is that it would be a huge pain in the ass. For projects like this you really need to be able to (1) contact a specific person and be sure they'll get your message and (2) manage multiple discussions on different topics happening in parallel. #2 is possible on the board, but the design of the site doesn't really help with that, at least not when all discussion has to stay within a single thread. And #1 is basically impossible with any level of reliability. Honestly the best choice for this is probably email, though from what I've seen, Zulip might work okay as an alternative.

The main benefit of keeping it on the board is that it excludes the sort of people who hang out in "/mlp/" discords and still think of themselves as "channers" despite not having visited the board in years. I think a better way to manage that would be to set a hard requirement that all panels must be discussed in the thread and have at least some positive response in order to be accepted.
>>
>>36962598
>captcha
>>36962469
>timing between posts

if you werent such a fucking newfag then you’d know that you don’t have to deal with these issues when you get a 4chan Gold account.
>>
File: Contard.png (504 KB, 4000x3676)
504 KB
504 KB PNG
I colored it, thinking about offering stickers but nothing stopping you from printing it yourself on sticker paper
>>
>>36962818
but we already have a matrix
>>
>>36963327
Matrix is much better than discord (at least it's FLOSS) but it still loses out to IRC.
- much more limited client choice, almost everything is half-baked alpha state except the single official one which is electronshit
- identity servers are a pain; I don't remember if you HAVE to use one or if you can operate on a UUID like you can on e.g. jami, but I do remember the official client doesn't make it at all clear that you can do anything except log in to the official central server
These two things make it that it goes from "open a browser client or launch a lightweight CLI client and start chatting" to "use the official client, make an account of the official server, log in, and you can start chatting". It's FLOSS and it doesn't ask for a phone number, but it's still less convenient than IRC, and thus creates more separation between the thread and the chat (which is bad for a chat that's supposed to be attached to, and supplement, the thread).
>>
File: 1417351624958.png (56 KB, 436x545)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>36963311
I will buy your stickers
>>
>>36963311
>bean mouth
>>
File: 1420496891554.jpg (291 KB, 1262x656)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
Just wanted to drop another post in case anyone has any ideas or suggestions for my two-hour writefag panel. I am open to reading your short (very short) prose stories as I timed my speaking and it's about 7 or 8 minutes per thousand words. Most of the stuff in the Featured box on FIM is 4 or 5k or more words, meaning it'd take up a quarter of the panel reading one story. So I'm looking for nice, concise, shorter stories to highlight particular genres.

For example, one for Adventure, one for Horror, etc. It can be complete garbage, the point is it fits the genre and I can use it to discuss that genre and what works / what doesn't.

Don't forget I am also dedicating at least 30 minutes to greentexts. I don't believe much has to be said that doesn't also apply to prose other than

>obvious formatting differences

so most of the time can be spent reading board-chosen greentexts. We're getting pretty close so, if everyone wants to start offering their pick for greentexts to read, let me know. Thanks.
>>
>>36962598
thanks for the enlightenment discord tranny
>>
>>36963479
>identity servers are a pain; I don't remember if you HAVE to use one
Identity servers are only for attaching an email/phone number to your account, or for looking people up by email/phone. 100% optional

You're totally right on the clients, though. I wish there was just ONE (1) decent terminal client out there somewhere. (Maybe there is now - last time I looked was a year or two ago)
>>
>>36963504
>Most of the stuff in the Featured box on FIM is 4 or 5k or more words
Fimfic lets you filter by word count
https://www.fimfiction.net/stories?q=words%3A%3C2500+status%3Acomplete+%23horror&order=top

>For example, one for Adventure, one for Horror, etc
Legit adventure fics tend to be on the longer side, much longer than what you're looking for. Maybe you could read a random chapter out of a longer fic? I say "random chapter" instead of "first chapter" since usually the first chapter is just setting up the scene and motivation with not much actual adventuring going on.

>It can be complete garbage
Well, okay. But if you'd prefer actual goodfics, /fimfic/ can probably recommend you a bunch that fit whatever criteria you care to name
>>36957562
>>
>>36962614
Also discord, since it's there too.
>>
>>36963504
I'm no writefag but prose and greentext have a very different feel to them. Greentexts are typically relying on dialogues and character's thoughts to tell a story from a particular point of view. Regardless of how long they are, good greens have to feel "fast" and easy to understand.

Prose can achieve the same effect too but it can also feature long paragraphs of descriptions that build the atmosphere without really progressing the story. I've seen people try to do the latter in their greentexts and most of the time it ends up with the readers losing interest before any action happens. People need to stop trying to write a second Lord of the Rings or Background Pony on 4chan. If there's no dialogue in the first 100 words of your greentext, you should probably reformat it as a one-shot story.
>>
>>36963633
Yeah, I prefer to write my greentexts in a more “casual” way relying on narrative voice more than descriptive passages, I just think it flows a lot better with the format. I remember back in the day prose was a lot more common on /mlp/, and it’s a shame that everyone just defaults to greentext format these days. With some stories I think prose is a better fit.
>>
So when's the con going to be organized by someone who isn't a discord tranny?
>>
>>36963677
When are you going to take your meds?
>>
>>36963677
when they stop getting attention for it
>>
>>36963677
Discord groups always end up with people losing interest. Some day this will happen to the """/mlp/""" discord too. Few will go back here and the rest will finally fuck off to look for attention elsewhere.
>>
>>36955122
can you stop being such a faggot twifag?
>>
>>36963736
mlp.one
>>
>>36963633
What's Background Pony? A Fimfic?
>>
>>36963677
When (You) quit being lazy and organize something yourself
>>
are we going to make a new thread when it hits limit?
>>
>>36963787
I don't think the discord niggers would be too happy about an anon making the thread.
>>
>>36963793
sounds like an invitation to make it
>>
>>36963793
DO IT FAGET!
>>
someone made a new one >>36963830
>>
File: 1566758586060.png (2.04 MB, 1920x1080)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
>>36963779
Yes, one of the most well known and respected ones. In my opinion the best pony fimfic ever written and the only one I semi-regularly recommend it to my normie friends. For what it's worth, Boston University even put it on their 2018 reading list. You probably recognize pictures of Lyra in a black hoodie like pic related. That depiction originated from this fanfic.
It's greatest strength is also the reason some people don't like it. The pace is anything but fast, and almost everything is amply decorated with adjectives, metaphors and long descriptions. Some people (the ones with awful taste, obviously) claim that it's an example of purple prose.
>>
>>36961896
What do you think of matrix? Has the same features you list as IRC

>>36963479
Oh shit, if this is you:
- Client issues are a real issue, but they're still as good as the average unmodified IRC client
- Identity servers aren't a concern and depending on the home server are optional. The are definitely optional on my server

>>36962684
afaik the only "organizers" bringing it up are the schizos that think there's some sort of discord conspiracy
Like you ^:)

>>36962837
Have you been able to contact me offboard?
I've had a couple anons approach me offering to help, I'll be trying to organize all that this weekend
Maybe start a trello or something to help organize everyone
Or we could do it here as long as the volunteers tripfag their updates and use some name scheme to make the posts easy to find

>>36963736
I'll never abandon my waifu
>>
>>36964285
>they're still as good as the average unmodified IRC client
Are any of the command-line Matrix clients decent, though? Because I don't really need more webshit in my life
>>
>>36964285
>discord conspiracy
not a conspiracy when you're that blatant about it.
>>
New thread >>36964324
>>
>>36964298
Post the evidence
I'm still waiting
>>
>>36964330
already have one>>36963847
>>
>>36964334
>admin of discord server privately organizes convention
>hmm what program could he be possibly using to organize it
>>36955087
>>
>>36964357
That's not evidence
Try harder next time

>>36964341
That's just an attempt by the anti-discord conspiracy theorists to make the con about a completely unrelated chat platform instead of the board
>>
>>36964374
>conspiracy theorists
Keep crying about anons being aware of the discord.
>>
>Discord tranny admin tries using a different trip to hide the fact he's a discord nigger
kek
>>
Since the janitors decided to delete the new planning thread and not the spam thread, I'll try and make a new one this weekend
I won't be lurking or posting there because I don't support discord cons
Until then, please feel free to reach out to me via matrix, email, or however else if you have any questions about the con
I'll also keep an eye here until it's archived
Thanks and hope to see you all there
>>
>>36964458
>I won't be lurking or posting there because I don't support discord cons
But you're posting here right now?
>>
>>36964461
This is the /mlp/ con thread
>>
>>36964458
>I don't support discord cons
Aren't you and your discord friends attending a discord con soon?
>>
>>36964463
Yeah the /mlp/ youtube channel discord con thread.
>>
>>36964464
Nope
>>
Why does Twifag sound like such a massive retard?
>>
>>36964519
Discord rots the brain
>>
>>36964458
>I don't support discord cons
Then why the fuck did you put a Discord invite in the OP filename? Just what kind of operation are you trying to run here?
>>
>>36964616
To trigger people for the lulz
I do that a lot
It's a dead server anyway, just an archive of last year
The discord drama is (unfortunately) so deeply entwined with this project that even the contard mascot OC was designed with a discord color palette
I was hoping by not doing anything on discord this year it'd help reduce the drama, it appears not to be working particularly well
>>
>>36964616
Oh and the filename gag is something we've done since last year, so besides trolling it's also kind of tradition
Even if it's a dead server
>>
>>36964653
>by not doing anything on discord this year
maybe if you actually stuck to that
>>
>>36964653
Maybe lessons learned for next year? Set up an IRC channel or Matrix thing (I have no idea, never used it) and just completely abandon discord. Again, I dunno, I've never used discord or matrix and have only used IRC in small doses.
>>
>>36964673
>completely abandon discord.
His friends use it, he won't do it.
>>
every drawfag in this thread was just crossposting from the discord
>>
>>36964663
I am sticking to it, haven't wavered at all
If you think I have, post the proof or stop making empty claims

>>36964673
Discord banned my account about a month or so, I've already set up a matrix server and began migrating stuff over
But most people are unwilling to abandon a place they're comfy in, so matrix remains fairly dead unfortunately
I really do despise the furfags who run Discord tho
>>
>>36964686
Well, take my comment for what it's worth: a rando with limited exposure to discord, no exposure to Matrix and very little exposure to irc about 10 years ago. At this point, It's basically equivalent to me talking out of my ass.
>>
>>36964686
>If you think I have, post the proof or stop making empty claims
The con channel, and the lack of you organizing on the board
>>
>>36964700
It's not bad advice, but >>36964682 is right, unfortunately it's the platform (outside of /mlp/) where I can talk to my friends reliably rn
I wish it wasn't, but it's how it is

>>36964711
What con channel? There's no planning for /mlp/ con there, it's for the /mlp/ YouTube server to plan their con projects, like panels, interviews, or the Minecraft server they're creating and running for /mlp/ con this year
All planning for the con has happened in these 6 threads on /mlp/
If you think I'm wrong, provide receipts and prove it
>>
Looks like we're near page 10, see you all here later this weekend (I hope) in a new thread
Keep an eye out on the catalog
>>
discord users get fucked
>>
>>36964719
>There's no planning for /mlp/ con there
Stop being coy
>>
>>36964733
Seethe
>>
>>36964741
Substantiate your claims
>>
>>36964745
Already happened earlier in the thread, but you'll just deflect it as a conspiracy theory

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.