[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ezgif-3-3ea5d628d96f.gif (3.8 MB, 540x304)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB GIF
What do you think were their last thoughts and state of mind?
>>
>>36811624
That she will never feel her filly womb filled with cum again. Poor little sexy filly
>>
>Cozy
Regret
>Tirek
Fear
>Chrysalis
Anger
>>
>>36811624
>"Then it go fart fart fart fart optimus prime fart fart fart optimus prime bruh fart bruh optimus pri-"
>>
numbness and extreme pain as your nerves marks your own body being turned to stone as foreign objects. slow paralysis, vascular effects, cardiac arrest and suffocation.
dying on the moon is a better fate.
>>
>Cozy
Terror
>Tirek
Terror
>Chrysalis
Terror

The way that they specifically animated them to look helpless and afraid is truly disturbing.
It almost looks like they took inspiration from Auschwitz prisoners' last moments.
Were they specifically trying to make the protagonists look like villains? Is that what they wanted?
>>
>>36811624

Cozy
>oh no, I'm going to die a virgin!
Chryssie
>My throne! I am a queen, you can't do this...!
Tirek
>I can't believe it, Chrysalis is going to die a virgin!
>>
>>36811688
Thats what we got, sadly. A fucking travesty, what they did to those three.
>>
>>36811624
>"Golly!"
>>
>>36811688
>>36811822
Y'all a bunch of cuck. Bad people deserve to get punished (period)
>>
>>36811837
>a bunch of cuck
Typical ESLfag.
>>
The worst part is that they're still fully conscious and aware of their surroundings while being frozen in stone.
>>
>>36811837
what did they do wrong? Tirek was in jail, cozy is literlaly a child, and chrysalis was going mad alone in some forest. Discord is the one who dragged them to their deaths.
>>
File: rock on.png (586 KB, 1280x720)
586 KB
586 KB PNG
>>36811624
"I hope I don't end up petrified in a really lame pose..."
>>
>>36811688
>It almost looks like they took inspiration from the myth of Auschwitz prisoners' last moments
ftfy bro
careful around those masturbation machines, they're a killer
>>
>>36811624
>"With my last breath, I curse Zoidberg!"
>>
>>36811624
>"Subscribe to Pewdiepie!"
>>
File: dog.jpg (47 KB, 410x425)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>36812117
why don't you go take this up with /his/
>>
File: image.png (4 KB, 450x450)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>36812168
Why don't YOU go take this up with my left nut?
>>
>>36812168
>>36812172
Why don't you both take this discussion to >>>/pol/
>>
>>36811837
>Y'all
The Legion of Doom deserve clemency, Twitterfags deserve extermination.
>>
>>36811688
Yes
The nu writers held nothing but hate for the show and its fans
That's why they made sure to burn to ash everything good about it
And why seasons 8 and 9 are absolutely non-canon
>>
>>36811688
>Were they specifically trying to make the protagonists look like villains?
I mean, yeah? It was Discord who suggested that kind of punishment. It was his plan all along.
>>
>>36812462
Discord is the true antagonist of the entire series. He literally stunned a 9 year old to death and threatened to murder her if she didn't overthrow the monarchy
>>
>>36811624
>cozy
I had everything, won wholly, even eclipsed the power of my companions, and then it all slipped from me. The chaos magic leaked out like a wet joke. My prisoners walked free, the divisions I created sealed shut, and the might I stole returned itself.

I'm not the worthy vessel for power. Golly, I wish I could be as it bears upon me.

>Chrysalis
For years I've hidden, stricken. Every single thing I've ever had, you've taken from me. It's you, every time you. Every time, you cheat me and I lick my wounds. All I have is this dirt under my hooves, and I'm not letting it go.

>Tirek
I've failed. I didn't steer us from here. I felt the flow, your drives and desires. Now, we suffer.

insecurity
enmity
regret
>>
>>36811837
If your going with that angle at least be fair about it. If Discord deserved all those chances that he got then they deserved some as well.
>>
PLEASE DON'T KILL ME, WE WERE ABOUT TO TURN OUR LIVES AROUND AND JUST NEEDED A LITTLE PUSH TO START ATONING FOR OUR SINS, PLEASE I AM SORRY JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE
>>
>>36811624
"This can't be!" mixed with thoughts of revenge.
>>
They all deserved better.
>>
>>36812748
ARROW CROCTH

ARROW CROTCH
>>
>>36811979
They tried to murder the Mane Six and conquer Equestria literally two minutes before this scene.
>>
>>36811624
"I guess we won't rule Equestria and steal all it's magic then"
>>
>>36811688
1. That's terror
2. That's terror
>>
>>36811624
Who cares they suck and deserved it.
>>
File: seethebait.png (304 KB, 640x800)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>>36813093
>>
>>36813096
Cozy was the worst of them dude
>>
>>36811688
If the had redeemed them you would be so pissed, you are never happy. Not that this surprises
>>
>>36813113
Ponies don't deserve to have this level of villainy in a show about friendship. The issue isn't that Cozy got stoned. The issue is they wrote a character beyond redemption, in a show where Friendship is supposed to have ultimate power.
Cozy Glow basically tested that theory and found it false. She should never have existed in this universe. The power of friendship should have healed her back in Season 8. But muh epic ending amirite?
>>
>>36811624
All of them thought " So this is what I get for being evil. Guess I'll be a rock forever because I deserve it. I'm actually getting off pretty easily when I think about-" *complete stone*
>>
>>36813113
Virgin 1000 year old magic draining Satan man horse vs Chad 9 year old child.
>>
>>36813126
Discord got off even easier.
>>
>>36811688
>make the protagonists look like villains
this is my primary complaint
it also shows that Friendship isn't Magic, and that Equestria is as ugly as any reality:
>>36813121
>>
>>36811624
>we shouldn't have done all this horrible things and now we're getting what we deserve
>>
>>36811624
>aaahhhhhh this is what we get for sparing Discord when he was powerless
>>
>>36813121
>Why, are dangerous existential threats not compadible with a species who highly values friendship? If anythjng the lack of such threats makes it even more of a baby show for toddlers.

Yeah but thats fucking gay. The power of friendship can also mean teamining up to stop existential threats who are not compadible with your desire for reciprocity, if anything thats more realistic and relatable and makes the show less like a show for babies.
>>
>>36811624
https://youtu.be/i0uMCrahRFo
>>
>>36813211
The thing is they set the trio up for reformation and then didn't follow through and created a mess of a finale.
>>
are they still aware of everything while they are stone or was that a discord only thing?

cause the perception of the passage of time for someone as old (or mad) as discord would have made his imprisonment seem fairly short and while tirek and chrysalys are old it would still be long compared to their lifetime but to a filly at an age where a year feels like an eternity it would be absolute torture.

if they are still aware of everything while they are stoned and somehow manage to get free they are going to be complete wrecks and go back to the same thing that failed last time (insanity) but without the restraint of trying to prove a point or getting distracted by words.

they wouldn't care about the reason why, only that they can.
same way luna/nightmare moon went from wanting to be treated as equal and given the same respect as her sister to a singleminded obsession of wanting to have eternal night even at the expense of the original goal she started with (nobody can respect you if they are dead).
>>
>>36813271
I don't think they can, they probably could have when they were boosted, but they got nerfed back.

When a pony is stoned by a cocatrix, they don't see the passage of time right?
>>
>>36811979
>>36812473
>>36812701
Discord said sorry. Stop crying soiboy
>>
>>36811624
>it was at that moment they knew, they fucked up
>>
>>36813310
That epic moment when I enslave the nations most dangerous criminals to completely destroy it, but I get caught so I murder my slaves to appease my pony masters.
>>
>>36811624
>Cozy
Oh god whats happening??
>Tirek
No! Not imprisonment again!
>Chrysi
I WILL GET YOU FOR THIS!
>>
>>36811624
Boom boom clap.
Boom boom clap.
Something something big disgrace.
>>
File: 1617016921458.png (131 KB, 281x330)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>36811624
Why wasn't Discord put back to stone too for being a colossal fucking retard cunt?
>>
>>36813339
>god
Have they ever said that word in the show?
>>
>>36813220
All for that le epic subversion maymay.
>>
File: badvillainredemtion.jpg (117 KB, 1200x840)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>36813118
The problem isn't redemption, it's how the redemptions were handled.

Redemptions in My Little Pony were mishandled for so long (ie. they boiled down to "evil character who was initially remorseless suddenly feels remorse because they had some hackneyed sob story like "I had no friends as a child, that's why I terrorized a small village" and then do a complete character 180 like we're supposed to believe anyone would realistically change like that or that they deserve to be let off as easy as they have) that the narrative simply became "all villain redemptions are bad" among low IQ bronies (and you can thank Jerry Peet for enforcing this ideal among the fanbase too). Not to mention that it was happening too often. Even if it was for petty shit (like with most EqG villains), most fans were simply getting tired of seeing them.

Thing is though, that there were plenty of redemptions in MLP that were done well and satisfying. Sunset Shimmer (inb4 no hooves) had to atone for her actions and make an effort to become a better person, unlike Starlight who was loved by everyone in spite of the horrible things she did and would continue to do. No one complained when Luna was given another chance after her stint as Nightmare Moon. Even Discord, while his redemption episode (KCAFO) does feel rushed, at least had somewhat of a proper arc, and at the end of Twilight's Kingdom you actually believed he wanted to seek forgiveness for his actions while still having ways to go before he was fully forgiven.

Of course, hacks like Haber saw the backlash towards reformed villains and granted a monkey's paw wish of creating a villain whose sole purpose was to simply not be shown any mercy by any of the protagonist while also having her be a literal child because "LOL SUBVERD EXPECTION", and bronies fucking lapped it up because "at least it's not another villain redemption"... even though the Nazi strawman and several other irredeemable villains also get one.

The saddest thing of all is that they could've totally had their cake and eaten it. They had an irredeemable villain in the form of Grogar, but nope, gotta SUBERD EXPECTION! Even after the legion were defeated, they didn't have to turn good, just give them a punishment like hard labour or cleaning up the mess they made in Canterlot, not fucking eternal damnation. Yet if redemption was the route they wanted to go, they absolutely could've gone that route, since unlike other villains, they actually had an entire episode dedicated to their development. Too bad it was squandered for the sake of, say it with me, SUBVERD EXPECTIONS! The one good thing Hackber wrote and he ruined it.
>>
>>36813355
Of course not, its owned by jews
>>
>>36813636
>the Nazi strawman
Who was that one again?
>>
>>36811624
>Implying they aren't still conscious in their stone prison.
They cannot see, they cannot hear, they cannot breathe, but they can think.
>>
>>36813636
You talk about low IQ but theres no law of the universe that states remorse can not occur fast or due to the entity in question being faced with a situation where not engaging in remorse is a worse strategy as far as their brain calculates than any other alternative strategy. All youre really saying is that youre not convinced of the remorse on display but the thing is thats a you problem.
>>
>>36813284
That's cockatrice petrification, this is alicorn petrification.
>>
File: 1608421093808.jpg (60 KB, 1013x374)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>36811642
Nah this is what was in Discord's brain the whole fucking season.
>>
>>36813736
i have no mouth and i must scream
>>
>>36811624
Their last thoughts were as follows:
>Cozy
“Ouch”
>Tirek
“Ouch”
>Chrysalis
“Ouch”
>>
Would you save them if given the chance?
>>
>>36813736
But eventually, they will stop thinking.
>>
>>36813758
A thousand times yes. What good would friendship be if we cannot even offer it to those whom we despise the most?
>>
>>36811624
>Golly
Wait they are actually going to do this?!
>Chrisy
Quick I have to strike a fearsome pose!
>Tirek
Noooo, all my Tesco coupons are going to expire!
>>
>>36813745
The idea that the ponies would happily inflict sensory deprivation torture on a child is perfectly fitting in haber's equestria
Good thing its not canon
>>
>>36813796
>Being friends with people you hate.
That's not friendship. You're thinking about forgiveness.
>>
>>36813924
Well, alright, but is not forgiveness a part of friendship?
Do you not forgive your friends when they do you wrong?
Or do you hold a grudge to them forever?
To err is human, but to forgive, where does one draw the line at forgiveness?
>>
If i knew the ultimate lesson of FiM would be to align yourself with the most powerful group and that who you know is what's most important i never would have spent a minute watching it.
Luckily that isn't Faust's vision for the show and you won't find it in season 1.
Then Haber and Vogel hapoen
>>
>>36811624
I can't believe these benevolent ponies are committing a war crime!
>>
>>36813636
>Sunset Shimmer (inb4 no hooves) had to atone for her actions and make an effort to become a better person
No. She cried seconds aftre losing her demon power and then was forgiven immediatly

Otherwise good post
>>
>>36813636

I dissagere about Starlight. Yeah, her reformation was rushed, but then she got better over S6 seeason and eventually stoped doing stupid shit, unlike Discord who was doing stupid shit pretty much rest of show.

Otherwise good post.
>>
>>36813936
Of course forgiveness is a part of friendship, but the words aren't synonymous. You can't be someone's friend without being willing to forgive them, but you can forgive people who aren't your friends.
>>
>>36813975
Not exactly. She had to clean up the school and was shunned by most for a long time. The only instant forgiveness was from the M6.
>>
>>36813991
This, whether or not you like her, she was ultimately better than discord by the end of the show, then again, that's not really hard to do.
>>
>>36811624
> Turn the child to stone.
nice
>>
File: The Cozy Problem.png (612 KB, 1324x1448)
612 KB
612 KB PNG
Ah, it's THIS thread again.
I see the Hasbro bootlickers are here in full force, defending the stoning.
Once again I must post this pic.
>>
File: 1585005940519.png (291 KB, 676x1896)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>36814439
There's also this one, which is 99% on point and undebatable.
>>
>>36814487
Based screencap Anon, we need this auto posted every-time this topic comes up.
>>
>>36813310
>Discord said sorry

Given that it was the fourth time he'd nearly destroyed Equestria SINCE his supposed reformation, "sorry" kind of rings hollow. If he was sorry, then he wouldn't keep doing it, or at the least give some assurances that he won't do it again.
>>
>>36813758
In half a heartbeat. If me and truck-kun had a meetup and I ended up in Equestria, the very first thing I'd do is start doing everything I could to learn how to break them out.
>>
>>36814267
Glimmer was good because she's a reforming villain who ACTS like a reforming villain. She wants to be better, but she's been villainous for so long that her solution to problems inevitably skews towards the solution that doesn't take into account that the people around her are people.

But as you said, she does actually slowly get better.
>>
>>36815728
Does she though? she was willing to use mind control magic at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>36814487
>NO ONE TRIED

Heroes are supposed to try.
>>
>>36815760
Twiggles wings did untold damage to her fragile psyche. All of our heroes are dead Anon.
>>
>>36813999
Well said, Anon.
Check those trips.
>>
>>36815759
She can probably be described as an actual sociopath, Anon, as in, someone who has genuine difficulty with empathy and understanding that the other things around her are actually real people and not just tools. At least in Season 6. Social interaction with others is a labyrinthine mess of choices and events that seem to change randomly and constantly lead to destruct flags.

I mean we practically get a preview of Cozy Glow's way of thinking in "Every Little Thing She Does". Twilight was handing Starlight all these friendship lessons - sew with Rarity, bake a cake with Pinkie, etc. - and Starlight was completely missing the point of those lessons, that it wasn't to sew a dress or bake a cake, it was just to spend time with other ponies.

In Starlight's head, if she couldn't bake a cake then she couldn't be a good friend, so she kept putting that and everything else off until she was left with no other choice - but once she was there she was still left with the impression of, "to pass this test, I have to bake a cake with Pinkie, and sew a dress with Rarity, and do all these other things, and also I've only got like a day to do it in."

So, she resorts to mind control to complete the tasks. Because she's still a reforming villain and she doesn't really grasp that mind-control is wrong. Not until Twilight can explain it to her and explain both why it's wrong and why she was messing up the point of the lesson in the first place.
>>
Let me subvert this a litte. What do you think the writers were feeling when they wrote this ending? What does it say about them that this seemed like a reasonable way to end the series?
>>
>>36815924
Maybe they did it last second because they realized they only had one episode left and it already was planned what it would be and they wouldn’t have had time to actually reform them? Tweaking the story in a way that helps them may have been impossible because of the development stage?

Probably not the case at all, The entire season arc would have been there in the very earliest stages.

Maybe they didn’t know what to actually do with them? If they actually leaned into friendship at the end of frenemies they likely would have went into “friendship is power” they wouldn’t have been closer to reforming than cozy was when she was beaten the first time.

It would be really interesting to see the villains use the magic of the friendship between each other for negative use, but it would point out that the thing she show holds as a good thing is actually a neutral thing and undermined it.

The problem with the friendship magic is that it manifests in such a plot driven way that it’s hard to understand. Does it only work for them because they’re the elements? I can imagine any random group of friends experiencing it, maybe something similar to the force field at the end of the season 4 finale. But we never get any indication that it works like that for anybody else, bar the pillars and the student 6.. so elements? What’s even the difference between using the elements and using the friendship magic without the elements present?
>>
File: Heroes.jpg (51 KB, 343x291)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>36816165
See the thing is that I didn't expect the villains to reform...but at the same time I wasn't expecting a fucking execution either.

My ideal ending - assuming I can't rewrite the whole thing - would see the Trio depowered. Chrysalis does her little crying out about how they'll never surrender, etc., but I'd slightly change things so that it's obvious that Chrysalis is acting to kind of protect Cozy and Tirek, who are about to run but see that Chrysalis isn't/can't and so decide to stick together. The three are, in other words, acting like friends.

So Twilight lands instead of hovering over them, and tries to reach out to them by pointing out that THEY'RE friends, so clearly they're capable of it. The three reject the idea but in a very tsundere way.

So Twilight starts a speech about friendship, about how it's hard, how it takes work, and how forgiveness is incredibly important, and so on

And during this speech, we see Chrysalis is remanded into changeling custody. We see her stuck in a Feelings Forum, looking miserable and angry at being there, but begrudgingly accepting an offer of soup from Soup Changeling.

We see Tirek returned to the Centaur lands, and Scorpan is there to greet him. Tirek alternates between pissed off to see him and trying really hard to suppress that he's actually kind of happy.

And we see Cozy in detention at the School of Friendship, Starlight watching over her, and she still looks like she's working on her next scheme (in crayon) but we also see that she drew a picture of the time she, Chrysalis, and Tirek went camping.

We don't show them reformed. But we show them on the path to reformation. That they COULD become better. We see the ponies TRYING.

Heroes are supposed to try to save people. They save people from villains - but once that's done, they try and save the villains from themselves.
>>
>>36816165
>The problem with the friendship magic - it’s hard to understand
Magic in fiction isn't actually about mechanics or logic or strategy, most of the time. Magic, since it is not real, does not directly translate into anything meaningful. Thus, magic is almost every time a metaphor for some force or process that IS understandable and actionable in real life. If you want to understand what the magic is, you must look at what it does in the story.

The elements are, for 5 of them, representative of personality traits.

The elements are kinda complicated, but I can make them simple. The action they take is arbitrary. The action they take is correct. Thus, as the elments are capable of judgment, the elements partially ARE judgment. As this judgment requires multiple individuals, this judgment is the judgment of the group. For 5 of the 6 elements, they are clearly related to the personality of the user, thus they ARE the user, or at least they represent something that user has to offer.

Each of the m5 has difficulty with a concept that is related to their element. Each of them see this same difficulty in others. Each of them manipulates the part of other ponies which corresponds to their elements. AJ appeals to the idea of honesty in order to deal with her own shame or manipulate the shame of others. Pinkie appeals to humor and perspective in order to deal with her and everyone else's crushing existential dread and boredom. Rarity uses beauty to create and fulfil desire. Rainbow uses the ideas of awe and importance to deal with doubt. Fluttery uses the idea of justice to deal with cruelty.

For magic, it is simple. Known users are Twilight, celestia, and starswirl. Thus, magic always goes to the most powerful individual, and also the one who the others follow. Thus, magic IS the point of control, direction, leadership. It is will, vision, and charisma. It IS being at the top of the hierarchy. Without others, there is no hierarchy. Without others, no power, because there is nothing to use power on.

Thus, any place where basically all legal social and military power comes under the command of a driven and charismatic individual with great magical power, when that person has 5 friends who each represent something that can appeal to others emotionally, the elements should be able to be used. Also note that unicorns are related to aristocracy, so magical power is basically like money and status and the exact effect of the rainbow laser is variable because judgment is variable.
>>
>>36811624
>a foal is born no state of mind
>blind to the ways of ponychild
>Celestia is smiling on you, but she's frowning too
>Cause only Celestia knows, what you go through
>because only
>>
>>36816935
BROKEN GOLLY
EVERYWHERE
PONIES PLAYIN ON DEAD STATUES
NO THEY JUST DON'T CARE
>>
>>36816918
>hus, magic IS the point of control, direction, leadership. It is will, vision, and charisma. It IS being at the top of the hierarchy. Without others, there is no hierarchy. Without others, no power, because there is nothing to use power on.
When you put it that way, it suddenly makes sense why the people in charge of G5 want to get rid of it so much.
>>
>>36816242
this
>>
>>36816242
>I wasn't expecting a fucking execution either.
wait wait wait...ok so I never watched S9 (because why the hell would I? I could tell the show was going to shit as early as season 4) but I always assumed that the Mean 3 got petrified in the course of battle, like Discord did at the end his first encounter. Upon actually investigating it, you're telling me that they did this to them when the battle was already over. And not only that but petrifying them was Discord's idea? I completely understand why people get so ballistic talking about this now. Wtf kind of friendship lesson is that? Cruelly, and sadistically finish off your foes when they're defeated and powerless? And apparently Discord orchestratrated the entire thing and coached the Mean 3 into the exact course of action that he later got to cynically decide to tie the noose around their necks for? wtf man
>>
>>36818109
The trio got hit by a triple rainbow laser of the same type that petrified Discord, but that only depowered them. It was then that Celestia told them that there was no punishment great enough for what they did and Discord then begged her and Luna to petrify them, which the three of them did. After that Discord said a cruel remark followed by cheering from everyone.

Keep in mind that this happened after Discord brought them together while disguised as Grogar to get them to attack Equestria as a team only to set them up for failure while using Sombra's death, threats and violence to intimidate them into serving him alongside false promises of conquest and vengence. Also keep in mind that one of the trio was a literal child, the fact that there was a really good episode mid-season that made the trio actually likeable and set them up very well for redemption and the fact that Discord was never punished for once again putting Equestria in danger. And some people actually defend this shit with the most retarded reasons.
>>
>>36816242
It wasnt an execution, and really there is no contradiction, it was a call Equestria made to protect their people and it worked. Sometimes you cant morally appeal to others and the only solution is force. See blasting Discord into stone, see Chrysalis being blasted by the elements, see Tirek blasted by the elements into submission, nothing is actually different in any of these instances, the only difference is you dont get to see what ultimatley became of the three turned to stone because it was the end of the series.
>>
>>36818166
And honestly this "she was a child" is cringe and gay. Children themselves are not blank slates that can be molded, some children have genes which lead to minds that make them do things which you might want to defend yourself against and might require harsh force to deal with, including death in some instances.
>>
>>36818166
They were left depowered, defenseless, surrounded and rendered harmless. With those that you mentioned could be considered an act of self defence as those villains were still attacking and in power with the elements or the love bubble being the only ways to stop them at the time. The trio, in contrast were unable to fight any more and the decision was made because of Discord's begging to turn them to stone on the spot.

>>36818176
Child or not if Discord deserved a second chance then its only fair that she should as well.
>>
>>36811837
This is worse than execution. Just alone and immobilized for eternity. 100000 years pass and you are still trapped with nothing but your thoughts.
>>
>>36818166
>it was a call Equestria made to protect their people

Their people were already protected, you monstrous amoral psycho. The battle was over and the Trio were no longer a threat to anyone. This wasn’t justice or about protection, this was vengeance.
>>
>>36811837
You mean bad people should be punished for crimes that they wouldn't have committed if they weren't groomed* into committing them in the first place. Meanwhile the main conspirator who organised and trained al-Qaeda gets no consequences because he was organizing his terrorist organization 'ironically'.
Ok anon
--------
*inb4 not what grooming is. the word has uses not related to child grooming
>>
>>36811624
>"Ohcrapohcrapohcrap I'M COMIIIIIIIIIIIING!"
Cozy was into snuff.
>>
>>36818176
>some children have genes which lead to minds that make them do things which you might want to defend yourself against
That's fair. Although by that means, no amount of education will help a stupid child, nor will any sort of rehab really help people with addictions, nor will African-American children grow up to create functional family structures when they grow up.
But that's the price of truth, really. Honestly, child executions could make a return.
>>
File: Processing ....jpg (265 KB, 1016x653)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>36811688
>>The way that they specifically animated them to look helpless and afraid is truly disturbing.
>>It almost looks like they took inspiration from Auschwitz prisoners' last moments.
Laughing really hard in a comfy death bed while thinking about all the stupid goyims who believed their tales about 6 billions people behind killed out of a sub-one-million population ?
>>
>>36813636
>barbietard
Stopped reading here, opinion discarded.
>>
>>36818166
Chrysalis being blasted away had a very specific and obvious meaning. She was a potential wife to shining, a trickster and an abusive potential family member. Cadence, in becoming shining's actual lover, replaced her, and left her with no place in the life of the ponies. The pink bubble of banishment was equivalent to her becoming unwelcome.

In the exact same way that the action in the finale, despite not being a literal firing squad with guns, was equivalent to one, the banishment of chrysalis from the wedding was equivalent to shining cutting her out of his life. That's a far more reasonable action to take.
>>
>>36815924
>What do you think the writers were feeling when they wrote this ending?
Nothing.
They bragged on Twitter about how they gave 0 fuck about what they were doing since it was "for kids".
>>
>>36818374
The truth value of any holocaust or strawman holocaust isn't relevant. The imagery is still, like, sad and cruel and junk. Keep on topic, will you?
>>
>>36818408
And why the shit their hook nosed asses made is automatically non-canon
>>
File: zoomer luster.png (146 KB, 1078x589)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
I think turning the villains to stone is a terrible way to end the series. It doesn't give closure to their stories and it goes against the series' ongoing themes of forgiving villains and showing them friendship. Especially since they felt like they were pretty close to reformation by that point from spending the season working together and kind of discovering friendship on their own.
That being said, I think people get a bit too riled up over them getting "a fate worse than death" because they'd totally just be unfrozen for Luster Dawn and her band of zoomers to deform.
>>
>>36818924
Except no they won’t. The show ended.
>>
>>36818924
>yeah well we solved the problem LATER using SOME SPECIFIC METHOD probably
>the end
Doesn't help
>>
>>36818934
>>36818945
Yeah I'm aware of that, as I said it's a shitty way to end the show with no closure. I'm just saying they're probably not trapped in stone for eternity like people keep saying.
>>
>>36818961
In the barest most literal sense, you're somewhat correct, if just probably. However, as a story, it is giving this conclusion as the result of the situation depicted.

Thus, it endorses stone imprisonment on principal, without even the implication of special conditions or limited time frame. Anything better you assume is just an assumption you threw on top. The stoning of those characters is an endorsement of stoning the things which each of those characters represent. It is not just the stoning of those characters, it is the stoning of characters like them.

As such, the final resting place of the things those characters represent is stone. That WAS the closure, so that IS the closure. You personally reject that closure when you say it isn't closure.
>>
>>36818176
Yes, but this IS a fucking kids show, with the moral of "Friendship fixes everything". It would be pretty fucked to suddenly write in Beth Thomas and try and challenge that view with a shitty dose of reality
>>
>>36819220
Instead they gave kids a "it's ok to fuck with people and let them take the fall for shit that you manipulated them into doing".
I keep thinking about it and they could not have possibly made a worse ending for this show. Even leaving it open ended, having Tirek, Golly, and Chrys looking around and looking at each other and the princesses approach and smile at them and then they just don't come back to them. Some vague, open ended, unsatisfying shit like that. I'd have settled for that over "these guys played the pawns in some Jews' scheme and he got away with it" any day.
Then again, if the lesson was "(((they))) always get away with it" I guess that's pretty based.
>>
>>36819288
This. Abruptly canceling the show at any point prior to the finale would have been preferable. It's that bad.
>>
>>36819288
So, lets talk about twilight. Twilight, at the start of the show, wants to contribute to the greater ghood of society, despite not being particularly interest in anyone in society. She worships the ground celestia walks on, by almost every interpretation of that phrase. She love her brother. She loves cadence. Her relationship with spike is... not the best. Even once she gets "friends" none of them seem to reach the highest levels of affections he can give.

In terms of the amount of time she spends with people she likes, the order is spike, m5, celestia, shining, and cadence.
In terms of her level of affection, the order is celestia, shining, cadence, m5, spike.

Once she gets started at her eventual job, she ends up spending the most time with "the public" and loving them even less than spike... hopefully. I say this to point out that contribution to her wellbeing is inversely proportional to affection and treatment. What's more, twilight has a very select number of people which she holds above other people, regardless of logic, need, or good. This is somewhat reasonable. Emotions and bonds are not based on immediate returns. As a guiding philosophy for power, however, there's a problem. We've just disconnected an individual's worth from an individual's actions.

Maybe that's something we don't want to look at. Maybe, when the m6 destroyed the first gala, we figured that the mercy that celestia showed them would be the same for anyone else. Maybe we were wrong about that. Maybe anyone other than twilight's friend would have been in trouble for stealing a pheonix. Maybe anyone other than luna would have been stoned after their defeat. Maybe anyone other than rainbow would have been kicked out of the wonderbolts for her incompetence and arrogance.

Maybe "friendship" is just making exceptions for people who know the right people. Maybe that interpretation of the show, though gross, is what they intended. It's a big club, and discord is in it.
>>
>>36811624
>”You think that a year and a half later, basement-dwelling neckbeards will still be having autistic meltdowns over this?”
>>
>>36819467
Nepotism is magic, and friendship is power.
>>
>>36818382
>>
>>36819656
Me being a basement dweller doesn’t make this ending stop being dogshit
>>
>>36819656
>enters the starlight thread
>"You think that a year later, basement-dwelling neckbeards will still be having autistic waifu delusions over this?"

>enters the bat thread
>"You think that a year later, basement-dwelling neckbeards will still be going EEEE over this?"

>enters the pony board
>"You think that a year later, basement-dwelling neckbeards will still be having autistic obsessions over this?"
>>
File: ClieggCozyDead.jpg (52 KB, 586x482)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
@ all cozy glow stans
>>
>>36819826
>@
Sir, this is 4chan, not Discord. Please come back until you can fit in again.
>>
>>36811624
>Cozy
terror
>>Tirek
fear and regret
>Chrysalis
maximum rage
>>
Do you know what the last thing is to go through a bug's mind when they hit your windshield?

Their anus.
>>
>>36820868
>>
File: twi_eager.png (561 KB, 1172x936)
561 KB
561 KB PNG
>>36820868
nice joke, dad c:
>>
Sheer terror of course. Chrysalis has some sort of rage overriding the fear reaction (the fight in fight or flight), trying to attack.

Tirek seems a bit less bothered than I think he ought to be. But yeah Cozy is like child facing the gas chamber tier.
>>
>>36811624
left to right
>Oh god, what's happening? I can't move anything, nothing feels right! Wait, no it can't end like this!
>SHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT I'M GOING TO BE A PIGEON REST FOR A MILLENNIA OH GOD NO
>FUCKING GLIMMERNIGGERS REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>36811688
>protagonists look like villains
Well, yeah, anytime they befriended a villain, it was someone who could be useful to them.
Discord got a chance because he has powers that Celestia deemed useful if used right.
Starlight was kept around, again, because she had powerful magic that Twilight wanted to train.

Cozy? No power.
Chrysalis? Sucks up love? Puh, useless.
Tirek? Absorbs power? Nah, can't use that.
>>
>>36822141
The only useful from the three is Tirek and the easily one to reform because of his past.

Meanwhile Cozy just must go to a reformatory, all her punishments were exaggerated.

Chrysalis... fuck her.
>>
>>36822141
>>protagonists look like villains
>Well, yeah, anytime they befriended a villain, it was someone who could be useful to them.

friendship is magic.
magic is power.
"friends" are tools for the ambitious or powerful to gain even more power.
the way twilight just up and leaves at the end once she got what she wanted shows how much her "friends" meant to her and she wouldn't "care" about them if they weren't exceptional or useful in some way.
from brute strength (apple family strength is renown), athleticism and speed (you know this one), diplomacy (or the ability to force someone to submit), charm (or social connections) and resourcefulness (hammerspace and reality warping from someone who isn't a unicorn) each of her "friends" had a use.

the common thing with powerful characters is that they wield magic in some form that allows them to project their will or manipulate things not attached to their bodies.

starlight was stripping magic. the worst fear of any powerful unicorn is losing that power and that is why tirek was hyped up as so much of a threat in universe. its the thing that scares them the most. not only losing the power they were born with but someone else taking and using it. without their magic the race that makes up the "born to rule" are no better than those they view as tools.

cozy was right and all it took was a gifted pony that wasn't a unicorn (unicorn = magic = power) being exposed to the idea and connecting the dots before she had the "stop thinking that way" filters that are drilled into ponies that arent the "right kind of pony" at an early age to prevent them thinking that way about it.
>>
>>36818241
Don't inb4 your own posts, faggot, even if you actually used the term "grooming" correctly for what might be the first time in 4chan's history.
>>
>>36812064
and forever this child stood, in perpetual state of looking as if she were pissing herself.
>>
>>36822387
Gotta admit the thought is hilarious.
>>
>>36811624
>Cozy
Oh god, I regret everything
>Tirek
This is some Grade A bullshit
>Chrysalis
FUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOU
>>
This is so horrifying that Stephen King wrote a short story about a similar concept. It's called The Jaunt. That's what these war criminals have subjected this child to.
>>
>>36811704
Chrysalis has like 200,000 kids
>>
>>36822357
You know, a bit off topic, but it would have been interesting if Cadence was either an earth pony(just a simple crystal pony but with the model structure) or a pegasaus rather than an alicorn. Maybe using her pegasaus powers she could set up the 'scene' for lovebirds and have a sort of passive magic.
>>
>>36822765
I thought the same thing.
>>
>>36823848
>subtlety in powerful magic
I like your funny words magic man
>>
>>36811624
"God, this is making me as hard as a rock!"
>>
>>36822167
Does someanon want to fug the bug?
>>
>>36813271
I mean, do we even know for sure they survived the process? Discord is an immortal force of nature, so having his organs turned to stone and being completely cut off from food, water, and oxygen for a few centuries isn't going to harm him. But flesh-and-blood relatively normal organisms? Even if they got turned back, they'd realistically have died the second their brains turned to granite.
>>
>>36825040
They're still able to move once the granite sets into their chest though.
>>
Is there any evidence this stoning is intended to be permanent?
>>
>>36825040
Magic. Getting stoned by a cockatrice doesn't kill either.
>>
>>36825075
Narratively, yes. Metatextually, yes. Logically, yes. In literal 1 to 1 proof terms, nope.

Is there any evidence this stoning is intended to be temporary? I'm pretty sure the best you can do is argue that the conclusion of the show didn't have any meaning at all, and telling people who found meaning that there is none is a losing argument every time. The best you can do is knock down every indevidual argument given, which nobody does. They just go "nah uh" or refuse to read the thread before asking the same question that has been asked a bunch, or go "lol pedos".
>>
>>36825075
“Together, forever.”
>>
>>36825747
[Bridge]
Together is better
You're my best friend forever
Together
Whatever
>>
>>36825171
Autistically? Yes. In reality? No.
>>
>>36811624
>What do you think were their last thoughts and state of mind?
>Cozy
>Sneed's
>Tirek
>Feed
>Chyrsalis
>and Seed
>>
>>36825764
Again: “together, forever”.

Discord outright states the intent is to be together forever, and the response to that line is cheers and smiles. If it was intended to be temporary then the writers could have written that. “Maybe a thousand years in stone will cool them off”. “We’ll try again in a little bit, see if they’ve changed their minds”, stuff like that.

But the actual text of the episode suggests only one thing: forever. Anything else is supposition and hearsay.
>>
>>36811624
>Cozy
"MOM, DAD.."

>Tirek
"Not like this"

>Chrissy
"REEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>36825764
Virgin argument vs Chad ad-hominem.
>>
>>36825784
mad
>>
>>36825784

This is me >>36825171
And I was wrong. There is actually a 1 to 1 statement of intent to keep them there forever. So literally every argument other than projection of your own values says one thing: this is a permanent solution.
>>
>>36825799
But not wrong. Keep seething.
>>
There’s a shocking number of ways to get turned to stone in this show and some are more horrible than others

Nobody cares that the storm king is going to be stone forever do they? He’s implied to be conscious still and he’s shattered into pieces. Princess Amore is in the same situation and she’s a good guy, did anybody actually try to find the parts and save her?
>>
>>36811624
>FUCKING DISCORD
>>
>>36826857
Storm Kings practically turned himself to stone and its not like anyone expected for him to be not dead. Tempest hitting his grenade back at him was an act of protecting others. Amore was not-canon and even if it was, it ended with Sombra and Radient going out to search for her not to mention the fact that it was a villain who did that to her in the first place.

The trio, meanwhile got hit by the same attack that stoned Discord which only depowered them. They were left beaten, defenseless, surrounded and practically rendered harmless before Discord begged Celestia and Luna to stone them, which they did.

Every previous stoning was an act of self-defence or villainy while the trio got stoned by the heroes in what may very well have been a summary execution and thats not mentioning Discord's involvement in the whole affair beforehand, the fact that one of them was a child and the fact that Frenemies showed potential for them to reform.
>>
>>36826857
Princess amore doesn't exist, and nobody knows what happens to a shattered magical artifact, which is basically what a stoned pony would be. There is no subtext that ever suggests that a statue like that can be put together. However, both the fact that nobody has ever tried to fix a shattered statue AND the fact that statue-shattering has been treated as a significant event in the story suggest strongly that it is not a reasonably reversible process. If, for instance, you could just fix the statue, there would be no effective difference between a shattered statue and an un-shattered statue. They would be the same thing.

As far as nobody caring about the storm king, that's actually a perfect example.
1. Actually nobody liked him. They had ever reason to hate and fear him. Every character involved had been through direct suffering as a result of his actions, and STILL nobody celebrates his destruction directly. When he smashes into the ground, fluttershy doesn't jump in the air and go "yay!" and rainbow doesn't go "loudeer!" There is a party AFTER the fact, but that could just as soon be a celebration of the return of the freedom they had lost. They were also already going to celebrate for other reasons that had nothing to do with the storm king.

2.His stoning and death are both some degree of accidental. Even with a character who probably actually needed to be put down and who was totally self-driven and not manipulated at all, the writers chose to have him accidentally fall and die instead of having the ponies kill him or otherwise directly steal his autonomy at all.
>>
>tfw discord was playing the long game, ridding the world of as much opposition as possible to inevitably ensure chaos reigns again
never trust that motherfucker ever again.. he knew what he was doing. he never changed. he never reformed...
>>
>>36811624
Every time I see that little pegasus shit getting stoned I want to give her an aimed farewell kick right in the cunt. Imagine the face she'd make for eternity after that.
>>
>>36827058
uh, based department?
>>
>>36827058
hello, cringe department? yeah, you're gonna want to see this.
>>
>>36827100
>>36827113
The duality of /mlp/.
>>
>>36825747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPYZpwSpKmA
>>
>>36827058
Kek
>>
>>36811624
Agony
>>
>>36811624
god i wonder how regularly they have to clean the jizz of that statue. i bet chryssi's holes are extra hard to clean
>>
>>36832323
Why would you even bother with that?
>>
>>36833594
So you can still see them again, obviously.
>>
>>36835004
I do wonder who'd wank on them in the first place. They're only rock now. So unless you're like Maud there's nothing there worth mentioning.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.