[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: DearCelest.png (152 KB, 294x286)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
The earliest days I mean.
>>
File: 1613618450779.png (363 KB, 1280x1002)
363 KB
363 KB PNG
>>36596891
It was filled with joy, excitement and autism. But most important it was filled with horse pussy.
>>
>>36596891
>>>/d/esuarchive
Also, nobody is awake at this hour in America
>>
>>36596901
And that's a good thing
>>
>>36596891
Fun and very musical.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJAXPbxORuA
>>
>>36596891
it felt like napping under a warm soft blanket
>>
>>36596907
>that song
Damn, the memories.
>>
>>36596891
Comfy
>>
>>36596891
It was beautiful chaos. No one knew what the hell was going on, and all that mattered was pony, looking at pony, the proliferation of pony, and then pony again for good measure.
No one had a clue it was going to get as big as it did, or that it would last as long as it has.
Perhaps the best part was the ever-present joy. A million losers united by the internet in celebration of this weird and wonderful thing that didn't make sense and shouldn't have worked as well as it did, but we loved it regardless.
When the media started throwing out the smear pieces all we could do was laugh at the sheer confusion suffered on the part of the real world.
To be a part of it as it was happening was something I'll always treasure.
>>
>>36596907
M-M-MY LITTLE PO, N-N-NY-NY
MY LITTLE PONY, N-NY-NY
MY LITTLE PO, N-N-NY-NY
KNOW A-ALL MY VERY BE-E-E-E-E

MY LITTLE PO, N-N-NY-NY
MY LITTLE PONY, N-NY-NY
MY LITTLE PO, N-N-NY-NY
KNOW A-ALL MY VERY BE-E-E-E-E

I USED TO WONDER WHAT, I-I-I WONDER WHAT
'ARED IT NAT ME, YOU 'ARED IT NAT E
WITH DO IT ALL, NAT ALL, YOU ALL SHARED WITH ME-E
'ARED IT NAT ME, YOU 'ARED NAT ALL WITH ME

I USED TO WONDER WHAT, I-I-I WONDER WHAT
'ARED IT NAT ME, YOU 'ARED IT NAT E
WITH DO IT ALL, NAT ALL, YOU ALL SHARED WITH ME-E
'ARED IT NAT ME, YOU 'ARED NAT ALL WITH ME
>>
File: 1288841373887.png (94 KB, 568x600)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>36596891
>>36596901
we must go further
https://iwtcits.com/ponyarchive/
https://hyperindex.mlpg.co/
https://mlpg.co/hyperindex/index10.html
thry really are glorious and fun threads, so much creativity and excitement
>>
>>36596891
>What was it like?
It was great, todays cringe was the golden eras based

You could sperg out in the comfort of online masses without the need for a filter or to self censor in the fear of having your career or lively hood ripped from you, freedom of speech was seen as a good thing and ponies and memes went hand in hand. TV shows still had some quality to them and the industry hadn't settled on a safe medium yet so they were still busy experimenting

>tl;dr
it was good
>>
>>36597893
What always gets me when I'm looking back is how many names and trips there were back then. Can't imagine that nowadays.
>>
>>36597987
chan culture was very different back then, and generals themselves still have a bit of a different atmosphere than regular threads
>>
>>36596891
I thought I will find a cute show to rest my mind. But I found a goddess!
>>
>>36597978
You mean when advocating gay rights made people beat you up and get you fired?
Truly a golden age of free speech.
>>
>>36598115
Back to faggotbooru with you
>>
>>36598115
>You mean when advocating gay rights made people beat you up and get you fired?
>implying bad thing
lmao faggot
>>
>>36598115
Look what faggots have given us.
Degeneracy on a scale unseen since Weimar.
>>
>>36598121
>>36598120
Ah yes, free speech only suits you as long as those who think like you get to express themselves, but when it comes to others, you change your tone.
>>
>>36598130
True darkness, suffocating and vile, is coming. We must be ready. Preserve the wonders of Equestria in your heart, Anon.
>>
>>36598132
You sound angry and overdue for your estrogen pills.
>>
>>36598132
free speech only counts towards people, anon
>>
>>36598141
Ad hominen was the best justification you had? Weak.
>>
>>36598115
Normal people don't like degenerates, faggot. Also go back.
>>
>>36598115
>Beat up
Gays and gay advocates should be executed.
>>
It was a lot of fun and very exciting. I definitely do miss those days.
However, this may be very controversial but I personally feel that since the show ended we have been experiencing a sort of slight renaissance in the fandom. As much as things are smaller these days I can't deny that during 2020 I had more fun on this board/in this fandom than I'd had since 2014 or so.
>>
it was shit
you did not have many content to enjoy at all
>>
>>36596891
>tfw there at the start around November 2010
>tfw first live episode was Applebuck Season after watching pilot and being shocked that I genuinely liked it
It was awesome, I didn't even post on 4chin but I did enjoy hearing about how ponies almost made this site implode with rage. Mostly you got to enjoy the fact that only you and a relatively small amount of people appreciated this show, got to be pleasantly surprised by writing that genuinely wanted to be universally entertaining. Got to see the crazy shit people put on Youtube before everyone needed slick HD cameras.
https://youtu.be/NGSmdOlRokM

Got to see greentexts appearing as legit fanfiction on Equestria Daily for fuck's sake, that's how desperate we were for more pony. It was all about the pony. Not about whether it was a "show for little girls" or not, not about the shame of appearing to be or even being a flaming gay faggot, not about whether or not we were still "cool" to outside eyes, or how we could improve the show, it needed no improvement back then, it spoke for itself and didn't even need our shitty fandom, bronies could have evaporated into dust and the show would still be fine, which is why we loved it. We truly did not give a fuck about anything except MOAR PONY.

Basically if you joined after 2011 you'll never really understand what it was like, seeing that little nucleus evolve into a proper fandom. It was a true phenomenon for a few years, until people's shame caught up with them and all the other shit happened.
>>
>>36598115
3/10 troll. You hooked some newfags.
>>
>>36598253
Anon, the tone of that post seems genuine. It reeks of a tourist from faggotbooru.
>>
File: bait dance.gif (312 KB, 498x498)
312 KB
312 KB GIF
>>36598309
you moron, >>36598253 was only pretending to be retarded!
you've just got baited!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.