[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 85 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next ~72 hours. Apply here.

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: CurOP.jpg (1.92 MB, 1920x2981)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
This is the general thread for the alternative fan sites of the My Little Pony fandom. Discussion, development suggestions, and criticisms are all welcome here.

>Why alternate boorus?
Recent changes to Derpibooru has put its place as the premier location for pony fan art into question. So several new boorus have sprung up to provide alternatives. Many of the altbooru owners post in thread and listen to questions and comments from anons. Note that this is NOT the Derpibooru drama general. Please keep posts about Derpibooru in the thread on mlpg.co.

>Why alternate text sites?
Pastebin has begun deleting greentexts on the site. FimFiction does not allow stories in the greentext format, so a new home is needed.

Overview: altboorus.org
>General purpose boorus
rainbooru.org by Raindev [!RaInbOWink]
ponybooru.org by ZizzyDizzyMC [!DizzyMC4pc]
ponerpics.org by Lotus [!!WYvH32WjaoR]
twibooru.org by Twifag [!twifag.HOY] and Not Twifag/Floorb [!gH2FKtl.Fw]
booru.bronyhub.com by Pathos [!!arjIjTdCTdq] (They do other stuff too bronyhub.com)

>Specialized boorus:
booru.foalcon.com - Underage
lyrabooru.org - Hot glue
bronibooru.com - Super SFW
onlycomfy.art - Equestrian landscapes

>Greentext sites
ponepaste.org by PonePasteAnon [!!7JI5LA2h01+]
bin.bronyhub.com by Pathos [!!arjIjTdCTdq]
poneb.in (Pastebin greentext archive)

>Video sites
pony.tube

>File sharing
smutty.horse
IWIFTP

>Latest Developments:
-Anon releases searchable DNP list (derpy.me/mxM0C) (derpy.me/LSj5y)
-An anon is scraping pastebin links (derpy.me/zFWPk) (download green.zip)
-onlycomfy global booru reverse search (derpy.me/hVoor)
-Mediafire rip now available on IPFS (>>36440908)
-Twifag needs assistance to reduce cost on Pony.Tube or it may go down (>>36474567)
-poni.fun dead
-Pastebin rip text search (derpy.me/1yd6A)
-More Derpi imports to PonerPics (>>36487510)
-Pony.tube moves to better and cheaper hosting (>>36519110)
-Improvements to pastedown
-New Twibooru mod (>>36574937)

>Last thread
>>36485469
>>
File: WhiteAnk.jpg (966 KB, 1280x1920)
966 KB
966 KB JPG
>>36578301
Anchor.
>>
>>36578302
Adding onto this pastebin allows for each individual person to choose their default programming language and it was really neat.
>>
>>
>>36579387
>not using the superior version
>>
File: u rappin' AWFUL!.png (529 KB, 487x598)
529 KB
529 KB PNG
Personally, I'm glad a big fandom name like DrToughLove has joined the altboorus. Hopefully, his fame can bring them the attention they deserve.
>>
File: large.png (1.89 MB, 1280x853)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
Joey released this year's community collab, excluding Anonfilly, Luftkrieg and certainly a few more "controversial"characters that did not make it.

https://derpibooru.org/images/2554418
>>
>>36580318
I thought he resigned?
>>
>>36580358
Why would he? They as good as having won the war by this point.
>>
File: 2522044.png (825 KB, 1000x1200)
825 KB
825 KB PNG
>>36580358
He didn't, also the "core staff" is more just a club of friends that run DB. I mean look at this guy and how did he made it in the final?
https://derpibooru.org/images/2522044
>>
>>36580360
desu I think we all won at this point, except for TSP. They can now tell people to fuck off to an altbooru and still have their own shitbooru to contain their circlejerk. We have good altboorus with even more content than they do that don't take the community off the board. Meanwhile TSP is stuck hosting 2 different boorus and getting a small fraction of donation money from subscribe star, compared to what they used to get on Patreon.

If he had just waited one month, and let Derpi take the hit for Patreons censorship of content that happened some 20 days later, all the energy of Marenheit probably could have been on his side. But he chose to censor his shit first.
>>
>>36580400
I would rather prefer a win in a form of TSP's metaphorical head on a stake and smoldering ruins of fagbooru around it.
>>
>>36580318
Why don't Ponybooru, ponerpics, Rainbooru or others create an art collab with their artists then? Just do it!
>>
>>36580419
It would be nice for about 10 minutes. Then they will take their shit eating diaperfur ass here because they're salty. They already did it during the drama.
>>
>>36580424
Trying to establish a community on the website when the community is right here is a shit idea. We don't need a Ponerpics or Twibooru community collab. We already have various uniting activities right here on the board that don't involve cringy OC's
>>
>>36580424
Ponybooru was thinking about doing during first anniversary of ponybooru creation. It could or could not happen, tho.
>>
>>36580485
And will end up getting banned off of altboorus.
>>36580400
Pretty sure he's still getting all of the patreon money too, given their scum tactics about it (i.e. instead of dropping it completely and asking people to resubscribe later, hiding the counts, asking people to UNsubscribe with a tiny announcement that stayed up for under a week, and "rebranding" as "vector art").
And spending it all on his own pocket, given that math REALLY doesn't add up on the stated costs vs money vs claims about being out of money.
>>36580358
Why would he resign if he cares about nothing but himself and his butt buddies?
>>36580398
iNcLuSiVeNeSs
>>
>>36580398
>furpibooru
>>
Twibooru seems to be having some connectivity issues due to what appears to be a CloudFlare routing issue.
>>
>>36580916
it's back
>>
>>36580398
wtf the fuck is that abomination
>>
Hey, site has been having interesting issues on and off today. We have a decent idea of what's going on (disk space issues), but fixing it will require the site to be down for an hour or two to avoid corrupting of files. I'm schedulling this for 1 PM to 3 PM EST, tomorrow.
>>
>>36582641
Is there a reason you aren’t doing it in the wee hours of the morning? Seems like there’s be less traffic then.
>>
>>36583350
Because I won't be awake.
>>
>>
A retard on ponybooru is sending out IMs to join their discord.

Which officially confirms that ponybooru is a cancerous pile of shit that will end up being an EXACTLY the same clique with complete detachment of staff from users as derpibooru.
>>
>>36585557
Is it a moderator? Sauce?
>>
>>36585661
If you've been active on Ponybooru, chances are you received a PM.
>>
>>36573128
There is nothing to archive
anyway https://api.onlycomfy.art/get_all_images
>>
>>36585666
Thanks Satan. I don't have one, then again I stopped using it much when I realized the focus for it was off the board, like they wanted their own community instead of being apart of /mlp/'s.
>>
>>36585673
For some reason it's kipping the picture 2 and has picture 3 as ID 2 even though picture 2 exists?
Are you sure this approach will scale with a few then-thousand pictures? Also is it possible to put everything from the page into the json, such as tags?
>>
>>36585557
Mod chat leaks when
>>
>>36585776
Are you sure it doesn't just start at ID 0 like every reasonable computer array?
>>
>>36585776
Yeah, it will not scale nicely.
>>
It seems there are some gaps in Twibooru's recent imports. NotTwifag?
>>
>>36585897
>>36574614
>>
>>36585911
I see, thanks.
>>
Ponepaste down for anyone else? I'm getting a 503 Backend Fetch error.
>>
>>36585776
First image id = 1, image with id = 2 is deleted.
I doubt there will be more than 15k images.
>Also is it possible to put everything from the page into the json, such as tags?
Done.
>>
Ponybooru still has someone with a site development title that isn't on the staff list.
https://ponybooru.org/profiles/CurtainedWizard
>>
>>36586267
1. Why do you care?
2. Why bring it up here? They rarely look at this thread. If you want something done about it, use the forums they actually look at.
>>
Downtime starts now! ETA: 2 hours
>>
>>36580492
Let's make one with all the OCs anyways.

I was on the thread about Derpi staff refusing Anonfilly and Luftkrieg, and I also thing that would unite us more, show all we exist, we have artists. And willing to share art for members there.

>>36580446
That's the thing.
>>
>>36586419
It it done.
>>
ponebin Anon here

Does some HTML/CSS Anon knows how to easily add background color to a single list item's marker?
Preferably without using "list-style: none;" and other stuff that basically gets rid of the list. If not possible I'm just going to use a table instead of a list.
Before someone suggests using content + counter: that fucks up text warping and alignment. And if I correct those then the marker is placed at the last line of the item.

I only "activated" the bookmarking on https://poneb.in/EtuF6jAm#65
I think highlighting only the text part looks kinda ugly, I also want to highlight the marker area.

I know, I could add the IDs from javascript instead of (statically) generating them on server side, but I want it to work without javascript too.
And I will add (try) the ::target selector later too, instead of using javascript to add/remove the "selected" class.
>>
>>36580318
Controversy is the lifeblood of emotional quotient, according to science.
>>
>>36586999
While empirically true, got any studies?
>>
>>36586944
>using html tables for formatting
>2021
Anon, please read about flexbox and grid.

>gets rid of the list
I'm not sure you know what the list element is for.
Here's a hint: It's not for formatting (that's what CSS is for).
You should familiarize yourself with this document: https://html.spec.whatwg.org
>>
>>36587224
>please read about
>should familiarize yourself with
I'm not a web dev, never been, not planning to be one.

Also, hint hint, just because something *newer* and *shinier* exists, it does not mean that suddenly everyone has to use it. Also hint, hint, I'm doing the formatting from css. I used the list so I don't have to manually write a ton of css rules just to get the basics working. Oh and btw, pastebin uses lists to display the lines of the document, so there is that. That's what the starting point was.
So far the only thing I was unable to do from css is set the background color for the marker itself. If this is unsolvable then I switch to something else.

I also see an immediate problem with flexbox and grid: not being able to order the contents easily. Not to mention the "content" layout itself looks super ugly in the source. So I'm sticking with tables where I do use them and need content based reordering functionality.

Have you even looked at the problem itself? Or just immediately "I know better", you must rewrite it all?
>>
>>36586277
>They rarely look at this thread
>https://desuarchive.org/mlp/
don't thank
>>
>>36586944
>>36587224
My knee-jerk suggestion is to see how GitHub does it. After all, they should know what the fuck they are doing.
Annnd it looks like they are using tables for formatting what the fuck
>>
>>36587498
Github doesn't know what the fuck they're doing, their UI is fucking broken dynamically loading mess. The only thing worse I've experienced so far is youtube.
>>
>>36587528
>worse I've experienced so far is youtube
It depends what your browser is.
It sends a super optimized well working code to chrome, while it sends a super fucked up slow, non optimized at all, clusterfuck shit to other browsers.

If you rewrite the browser agent in firefox (+ cookie clearing + other nonsense) to make it look like chrome, suddenly its general speed increases 3-5x.
At least it used to a few years back.

And nothing is wrong with tables. HTML, CSS and javascript are extremely shit "languages". Made for stupid idiots by stupid idiots. Neither has a hint of "born with" ability for designing clear and simple architecture/language.
>>
File: 1497961450992.png (202 KB, 865x1024)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
>>36578301
I really appreciate the OP of this general. The Latest Developments section is particularly helpful.
>>
>>36587224
>>using html tables for formatting
In my spare time Twibooru is slowly getting a legacy theme that should theoretically work on just about anything, and it heavily utilizes tables
>>
>>36585661
no it is not to my knowledge.
our discord link is located in the contact page on our site but we dont send unsolicited invites.
>>
>>36582427
The OC of one of the biggest derpipets
>>
>>36585557
That retard isn't a staffer (yet) so I don't think that counts.
Also it seems the users are rejecting it
>>
>>36585732
Z wants to let you know that, he would participate if, and I quote, "4chan wasn't such a pile of shit banning the owner of the site from being able to reply"
>>
>>36587323
>>36587498
>>36587950
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/83073/why-not-use-tables-for-layout-in-html
https://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/everything.html
Educate yourselves. You're welcome.
>>
>>36588092
>"4chan wasn't such a pile of shit banning the owner of the site from being able to reply"
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>36588217
idk how the first ban came to be, but currently he has the "Your IP range has been banned due to abuse, please buy a 4chan pass" issue
>>
>>36588240
My isp is range banned on 4chan as well. It's fucking annoying that I had to use my phone if I want to post anything. I just hope my mobile provider won't eventually get the same treatment because otherwise I'd be entirely cut off from posting on the site. And no I'm not going to buy a 4chan pass you greedy gookmoot
>>
>>36588216
So when I want to present tabular data, you are saying not to use tables?
Are you retarded or something?
>>
>>36588216
I'm educated enough, thanks. Try getting any of your memes to work on Internet Explorer 4. Read my post next time :)
>>
File: 1644092.png (1.16 MB, 10000x10000)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
Twibooru now has off-site hyperlinks working. Now you can see the preview image when importing and reverse image searching.

>>36588240
Well the last time Pozzy and his crew of merry murr muppets posted here, they immediately derailed the thread with Derpi drama, posted shitty bait, and generally were total fucking morons, so it doesn't surprise me that they were banned, possibly with a range.
>>
>>36588286
Yeah mate, you've gotta use at least 12 JavaScript libraries including, at minimum, JQuery, React, and Angular. Combine that with just 250 lines of CSS for flexbox and grid and all the other stuff, and you'll have something that looks exactly the same except takes like 10 megabytes of code to display :-D
>>
>>36588216
>>
>>36588286
He literally linked you to stackoverflow and a horrendously designed website with a bunch of presentation slides (with attention pictures for slobbering retards). Of course he is.
>>
When did Twibooru switched to using the same retarded tag styling used by Derpi?
>>
>>36588303
you are the reason why transpilers exist and web is bloated with backward compatibility shit, I fucking hate you people.
May as well support Netscape navigator retard
>>
>>36588310
You forgot that you have to write it in python and compile it to javascript.
>>
>>36588357
>backwards compatibility bad
lmao
>>
>>36588357
>bloated
>not using 150mb of javascript but doing it in simple, fast, proven methods
pick one
>>
>>36588357
Whats wrong with supporting Netscape
>>
>>36588329
I don't know what you are talking about, that is SURE how this SUPERIOR flexbox and grid supposed to look like.
>>
>>36588370
Probably he's born later than when the last netscape was released.
>>
>>36588357
>backwards compatibility bad
>websites managing to load slower today on i9 than they did on a celeron 20 years ago good
>>
Electron apps for every site when?
>>
>>36588384
This x1000.
My first broadband internet connection was 0.5mbit/s down (~50kb/s) and sites loaded quicker on my old 500mhz P2 machine than they do now on my 1gbit/s + 4.7ghz i7-8700k. And also managed to display more useful content on that 800*600 14" screen than what today's sited do on my 27" 4k one. Keyword is usable content, not ads, not fancy looking but wasted layout spacing.
>>
>>36588357
It's funny cause you mentioned "bloat".
>>
File: passion.png (471 KB, 1250x1516)
471 KB
471 KB PNG
>>36588329
Fixed.
Also people like him unironically using advertising presentations as source of information/best practices are the cause of modern UIs being horrible and padded harder than an ABDL's house.

Something that is using worst possible practices for displaying information physically cannot be good, much less best, practices for writing the display code.
>>
>>36588307
>Every ponybooru staff that has posted in the thread has been some form of annoying shitposter, or severely retarded.
Who was the last one that posted here?
Luzion?
>>
>>36588419
Don't forget glacially slow infinite scroll that is often cannot be disabled, and random not-a-button areas that are actually links (leddit again).
>>
>>36588433
P.S. Just realized that it's literally "force your job to waste resources on supporting more things where less would suffice so I, the advertiser and maintainer of this shit, get more money" scam.
>>
>>36588365
You have to let go
>>36588366
Flexbox is not js
>>36588384
You can do fucking gpgpu in browser now, shut the fuck up. Browser is more than HTML page viewer, we live in 21 century, dude. Some retarded decisions were made at the dawn of the web and now we carry that shit
>>
File: fixed it for sure.png (108 KB, 798x840)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>36588433
Anon, you fixed the wrong thing on that design. This is how it should look.

Also what a fucking noob who wrote all that BS, yet managed to use almost as many "!important" in the css as there are css rules.
>>
>>36588461
>I-i am totally right so instead of proving that my way is better I'll pull out buzzwords and try to order you around!
>being able to use more resources means you should waste those resources on running same or less amount of data, instead of having more data!
Please, do enjoy your stellar incompetence and Electron level unperformance of anything you write, mr. minimum wage web "developer".
>>36588480
That's even better. And I hadn't even checked the code for it because the failure is so obvious, should've guessed that it goes all the way down.
>>
>>36588461
And you have to realize new != good.
>>
>>36588461
>do fucking gpgpu in browser now
Oh, so thats why it takes half an hour to render a site? And that's why the fan in my machine spins faster than the analogue scale's display when you step on it?

Now, Im convinced tables are the right way to go!
>>
>>36588461
>You can do fucking gpgpu in browser now
You can't be this retarded, please tell me you were merely pretending. Using MORE resources just because "you can lmao" doesn't solve the fucking problem, actually it just makes it worse.
>>
>>36588446
Best one is when they combine it with buttons at the bottom of the site which you cant click because of this. (knowyourmeme.com)
>>
>>36588524
>please tell me you were merely pretending
Anon, we are on 4chan. He is simply this stupid.
>>
>>36588286
If you read what I posted, you'd see presenting tabular data is the only time to use tables.
You don't use them to layout items on a page

>>36588303
>wanting to support a browser used by less than 0.001% of users
Now that's a meme

>>36588310
You're only proving your ignorance.
I can layout a page using 5 lines of css flexbox that'd take 30+ lines of table html hell to do
I'll bet you've never even used it, have you?
>>
Ah, I remember "good" old days where everything was a <table>. Even "bgcolor" attribute was not deprecated back then.
>>
>>36588547
>iM rEtArDeD
>the post
>Electric Boogaloo

>If you read what I posted
I suggest you doing the same. Especially the first post that started this argument.
But I think that's too hard for you.
>>
File: modern websites.png (340 KB, 1250x1516)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>>36588433
Now it's fixed.
>>
>>36588603
You forgot to add the "this site wants to send notifications" and the "donate" parts. Oh and the immediately loading and playing video on the side.
>>
>>36588610
>immediately loading and playing video on the side.
God I hate that. Especially if it's just an article you're trying to read.
>>
>old==good
try to write something for IE0.5 and report back your findings on endless amount of retarded shit you dealt with. Not mention that it will be extremely hard to create something big and some of your tricks will only work in IE0.5.
>electron bad
Everything is electron for a reason. Html/CSS/js evolved into a superb way to build interfaces, that's why everyone uses it.
>bad performance
Browsers now are actually faster then they ever were. Js is used for webpages so much today, because there is demand to build complex, single page applications. Days of plaint text are long gone, web isn't just text anymore. It's complex, interactive, visually rich. Some people use react to create simple websites. That's not good. But don't blame technology for this, blame the dev.
Webgl, webrtc(webtorrent), canvas, new css - fascinating stuff. I really love the web and don't want it to go into the dark ages again.
I do not want to offend anyone, this is my opinion
>>
>>36588603
>>36588610
And the annoying "information" box that expands when you scroll past the header.
>>
>>36588610
Also "infinite scroll" where it auto-loads next random article immediately, so you can't just scroll to the end, you have to find the end of an article yourself.
>>
>>36588547
>Now that's a meme
You are using apple products arent you?
Not everyone increases the landfill by throwing out non recyclable devices every 6 months.
>>
File: modern websites v2.png (381 KB, 1250x1516)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
>>36588610
>>
>>36588631
>Html/CSS/js evolved into a superb way to build interfaces, that's why everyone uses it.
I had one of my biggest LOLs.
No, definitely not because the people who "code" in it are fucking stupid with 0 skills and knowledge.
Every single "modern" electron app eats about 200x times the memory what a comparable one does what's written in a proper language and framework. And also those don't eat 7 CPU cores just to display a 5 message long chat log.

Discord uses 1-2Gb of ram. Teams uses 1-2Gb of ram. Slack uses 1-2Gb of ram.
Meanwhile msn messenger used ~30-50Mb. Older skype used 10-15Mb.
Yep, definitely electron is a way to go. Lets produce even more resource hungry, totally garbage, useless piece of shit. But I guess the most retarded people can code in HTML/Js, so there is that. Cheap, uneducated workforce is cheap.

Learn to code in C, C++. If I could get rid of technologies with a snap of my fingers, javascript and all related would be the first one to go.
>>
>>36588698
Skype still uses WebView.
>>
Guys, you're not focusing on the important thing >>36588355
>>
>>36588709
>still
It did not back in its early days.
Now it consumes ~200-500mb of memory being idle. And this webview version was so bad at the beginning that if you had a longer conversation it started to slow down until it was unusable. You had to restart it every ~100 messages or so.

Just checked, it consumes just over 200mb of ram after I start it with no open chat window. If I open one and scroll back ~100 messages it quickly reached 300mb.

Meanwhile an older IRC client I use consumes less than 60mb of ram, having 40 PM/channel window open, with 30k messages (scrollback buffer) each + logs. And it stays snappy.

Another good example is the "windows photo viewer". I'm using a super old ACDSee (5.0 or 6.0 can't bothered to check) from ~2003, and that's using about 1/4 the RAM amount what the windows builtin viewer does. And its also much much faster to load, display huge images, pan, zoom, etc.
A super outdated piece of software from 2003 still provides a much better user experience than a modern one written in "modern" languages and with GPU support.
Todays applications are all "Just get it barely working at whatever runtime resource cost, but get it working for as little effort as possible". So the stupidest people design and write it. Literally 99.9% of todays apps are made like this.
>>
>>36588355
christ the artist tag is blinding now
>>
>>36588793
And I'm pretty sure the editing ui is broken right now
>>
>>36588675
Ah yes, it's really starting to look like home now.
>>
I rememebr Ponepasteanon saying the new default number of greens on a page was 25. I see that it is back at 10. Is that something I have to manually set or something? Or was it pulled because it caused some other coding fuckery?
>>
>>36588785
God I hate the Win10 "apps". One of the first things I do on any new Windows 10 system is re-enable photo viewer. It might not play gifs, but for any file it supports it's far superior than the photos app.
>>
>>36588357
>May as well support Netscape navigator retard
It's in the pipeline.
>>
>>36588357
>he posts this on one of the most backward compatible sites
this fucking site runs on my W98 machine
>>
>>36589028
Highly doubtful. You can't even open the catalog.
>>
>>36589077
You don't need the catalog to browse threads. I was browing this board on Windows XP at the very least while my main computer was dead.

>>36588793
Jesus, you're right.

>>36588800
A little ugly, but still working. Pushed a fix :)
>>
>>36589077
you can use text-based browser, you can use W98. the only thing that can break is recaptcha which should be replaced a loooong time ago by better alternatives like hcaptcha
>>
>>36589131
So, you can use it as long as you buy 4chan Pass™.
>>
>>36589131
reCAPTCHA works without JS on 4chan these days
>>
>>36589173
i'd like to use a non JS version everywhere but that doesn't work
>>
>>36588698
By the time you finish coding interface in C, the universe will be long dead
>>
>>36589245
What do you think your favorite web browsers are coded in?
>>
>>36589248
>Windows provides very primitive tools for building user interfaces. The system provides a few basic controls and native window containers, but building a custom user interface is difficult. Since we desired a differentiated aesthetic for Chromium, we have had to build a framework on Windows to accelerate our development of custom UI. This system is called views.

>views is a rendering system not unlike that used in WebKit or Gecko to render web pages. The user interface is constructed of a tree of components called Views. These Views are responsible for rendering, layout, and event handling. Each View in the tree represents a different component of the UI. An analog is the hierarchical structure of an HTML document.

>At the start of the project, we began building the Chromium browser using native windows and the owner-draw approach used in many Windows applications. This proved to be unsatisfactory, since native windows don't support transparency natively, and handling events requires tedious window subclassing. Some early UI elements gravitated towards custom painting and event handling (e.g. Autocomplete), but this was very ad-hoc based on the circumstance.

>Existing UI toolkits for Windows are similarly unsatisfying, with limited widget sets, unnatural aesthetics, or awkward programming models.

Wait, I'll gather a team of the best engineers in the world and write my own framework to make an interface. or just use html/css/js
>>
>>36589248
btw chrome settings are actually html pages
>>
>>36589248
semantics but most browsers are in C++
>>
>>36589245
Delphi/Pascal was much more friendly, but resulting exe is fat due to VCL. Though resulting exe does not need any "Visual C++ Redistributable Packages" bullshit.
>>
>>36587339
Are you really >implying they scour the archive for comments mentioning ponybooru? I guarantee they don’t give a shit what people here think.
>>
>>36588307
>Now you can see the preview image when importing and reverse image searching.
Bless you, friend.
>>
>>36580318
Source : https://derpibooru.org/images/2554418
Let's say this is Derpibooru's mascot.
>>
>>36589366
I just think he's telling the tard to go look in the archive for his answer himself.
>>
>>36589304
>or just use html/css/js
You know that there are other frameworks for making UI than the retarded html/css/js right? Or you are simply too stupid to learn proper languages right? You need the third wheel on the bicycle so you don't fall?
99.999% of the time projects uses the retarded HTML+friends because the "developers" are retarded monkeys who can't code shit.

>my own framework
What is QT?
What is WPF?
What is XUL?
What is wxWidgets?

All of these perform 100x faster with 100x lower resource/cpu requirement than the idiot html+js combo. QT even runs on a 100mhz micro controller with 128kb RAM and manages to render fully dynamic UIs with animations.
But all of these requires to learn something, what retarded subhuman javascript monkeys are unable to.
>>
>>36589760
>XUL
Bad example, Mozilla is ditching XUL for html+css+js. Which results in "hilarious" things like some Firefox windows (like history clear win) stopping working when js is disabled.
>>
>>36589760
all these frameworks are shit, cool guys said so
>99.999% of the time projects uses the retarded HTML+friends because the "developers" are retarded monkeys who can't code shit.
Not all people are as smart as you are, you have to understand it. "HTML+friends" is flexible and elegant way to build user interfaces.
>100x this 6000000x that
nobody gives a fuck, you either build stuff or you don't ("javascript monkeys" build stuff (a lot of stuff) and you use it everyday)
>>
>>36589806
Why it's a bad example? Just because Mozilla tries to be chrome2 it does not mean its a bad example.
It was an example for a fw with capabilities similar to the fagTML+retardscript toy. Not a recommendation of what you should learn and use for your next project.
>>
C'mon, you're not even hiding it anymore.
>>
>>36589816
>nobody gives a fuck,
Just because you think you never seen anything besides "flexible and elegant" (which html+js is clearly not), it does not mean nobody uses it.
Anything that is mass produced and requires a GUI for its built in screen is highly likely to use QT. Cars, home appliances, etc.

So yea, learn a proper "flexible and elegant" framework, not a js+html toy. People these days think that their application is the only one I intend to run on my machine, and I have 64gb of ram only for that.
What's next, the OS kernel coded in javascript?
>>
>>36589827
SpaceX Crew Dragon's UI is built on chromium
>>
>>36589841
Oh, so that's why there are manual redundant switches completely independent from that clusterfuck, under the screen right? In case that fancy UI craps itself.
And also thats a super bad example, that machine is dedicated to run that UI and that UI only. Probably has enough resources for that. And cost is not a factor in that case.
Good luck running chomium on a built to cost smart * appliance.
>>
4chan started to ban derpy.me links.
It was working 2 days ago, not it says its spam. Fuck this.
>>
Sure is /g/ in here.
>>
>>36589880
@MODS
>>
>>36588829
It's fixed now, I was changing some code on how the client loads the tables. I forgot to change it back.
>>
>>36589880
https://4chan.org/feedback try this shit, maybe it'll do something.
>>
>>36590048
>Implying the form doesn't pipe directly to /dev/null
>>
>>36590047
I think I ran out of fingers how many times you changed it to >10 then somehow changed it back to 10.

Also: >>36578302 please.
Thanks.
>>
>>36590058
Yeah, I don't know why I keep fucking it up.

>Also: >>36578302 please.
Done.
>>
>>36590069
Thanks!
>>
>>36586944
I suppose you can cheat it like on the picrelated. Otherwise there doesn't appear to be a way to give markers backround color. Easier to generate your own div markers.
>>
>>36590069
Have you made any headway towards fixing the sort-by-date function?
>>
>>36588631
Everything is electron for a reason, but you're deeply mistaken for what said reason is.
>Html/CSS/js evolved into a superb way to build interfaces
I'm sorry, are your legs wet? And do you see pyramids on the horizon?
Because you're knee-deep in De Nile.
>>
>>36590077
Hm, I tried to put it into a div and it was not working for me. Or I messed up something.
I used the "background" property not the background-color, and did not use "display:inline-block".
Or I messed up something else, dunno. Or simply it does not work under firefox.

Seems to be I have to get rid of the list and use something else. At least that way I can (maybe) make the bookmarking work with and without javascript (JS is used to block the browser to scroll the selected line to the top of the screen).

I give this div encapsulation a try again, I don't want to rewrite a lot of stuff. Thanks.
>>
>>36590088
>superb way to build interfaces
Says who does not even know that more capable UI frameworks exists. For me its seems you are the one in denial/lack of knowledge.
Can you data bind in HTML/JS for example without using a 5gb library per window? No? Can you even test your "code" that it wont cause runtime failures? No? Can you run data flow analysis on it? No? Can you even make readable "code" in css? No?
I guess quality sw engineering is not for everyone. But I guess html+js is good for throwaway code that you don't need to support a year or two down the line. Its just cheaper to completely rewrite it with idiots 100 times and make it consume even more resources, than write it properly one time by a skilled sw engineer.
>>
>>36588785
>and that's using about 1/4 the RAM amount what the windows builtin viewer does.
Fun fact: it refuses to open 3k by 3k JPEGs because of "not enough memory on your system"...
...on a system with 14 gigabytes of free RAM! For reference, a BMP of that size would take 35mB to store on disk.
>>36589101
REEE DON'T CHANGE WHAT IS NOT BROKEN REEEEEE
>>36589806
Good example, because modern Firefox is a pile of unperformant chromeshit, and has been for most of a decade.
>>36589827
>Anything that is mass produced and requires a GUI for its built in screen is highly likely to use QT. Cars, home appliances, etc.
Dunno about you, but in my experience those tend to run embedded windows with whatever shit UI builder (often literally whatever Visual Studio's got) used. Sometimes LITERALLY desktop windows with an app.
>>36589878
>that machine is dedicated to run that UI and that UI only. Probably has enough resources for that. And cost is not a factor in that case.
Oh, cost is absolutely a factor for it. Higher price = more money to embezzle on it, because a better framework would also require far less costly hardware, and actually competent web developers require a LOT more pay than actually competent programmers (as you can observe in this very thread, for incompetent pajeets it's backwards, with dirt cheap webdev).
>>
Fun fact: you can transpile C code to JavaScript
Another fun fact: most modern browsers compile JS to machine code before executing it
>>
>>36590111
I am agreeing with you and siding against the html/js moron. It's not a green >implying, it's quoting the retard to call him being in denial about his shit being, in fact, shit.
>>
>>36590126
>html/js moron
> Fan Site Alternative Thread
gtfo >>>/g/
>>
>>36590125
Running shit code with JIT won't make it not-shit code. Compiler optimization can use a faster algorithm doing the same thing, but it CANNOT use a different algorithm that would achieve same goal but faster.

>coder: 2*16
>compiler: push 2, push 3, 2 << 3
>coder: int multiply_by_sixteen(input){int i = multiply_by_four(input)*multiply_by_four(input); return i}; multiply_by_sixteen(2)
>compiler: push 2, call function, call function, push 1, push 2 << 1, return, call function, push 2, push 1, push 2 << 1, return, 4 * 4
>>
>>36590139
>conversation about how to code altbooru sites doesn't belong in altbooru thread
>>
>>36590125
What happened to asm.js anyway?
>>
>>36590158
you won't use anything besides html/css anyway
>>
>>36590162
all cool kids use assemblyscript
>>
>>36590158
You don't use QT in web sites.
>>
>>36590156
>2 << 3
2 << 4 because I'm a derp, and any sane coding environment would've caught that instantly.
>>
File: modern tag display.png (33 KB, 1240x823)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>36588355
It should switch to picrelated design for tags. Because highlighting numbers is so important, better make them as visible as you can.
>>
>>36590213
Make the number bigger!
Make the number as big as you can!
>>
File: file.png (89 KB, 1841x919)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>36590213
>>36590223
Clearly the optimal choice.
>>
JavaScript is the easiest way to get code running on mobile devices. Want to run native code on your device? Well, too bad -- the bloated-ass toolchain won't even run on the device itself, it's so gigantic it needs a separate, desktop-class machine. JavaScript is the ROM BASIC of this day personal computing, whether your like it or not. JavaScript will probably become the de-facto language of interfacing with reality before the decade is through.
>>
File: screenshot.png (19 KB, 386x275)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>36586944
You can sort of fix the text wrapping alignment issue by declaring "display: flex;" on the <li> element.
Now the alignment will only shift when the line number goes from single to double digit and so on. Pic related.
If you're okay with that, perfect. If not, I have another idea using CSS grid layout that I'm working on, will post a proof-of-concept when done. The trade-off for that is less elegant js for highlighting line selections.
>>
>>36586944
>>36590242
Here. Look upon this atrocity, and despair: https://jsfiddle.net/qzg1c92h/3/
>>
>>36589880
Derpy.me? Neat, a link-shortener service. Do you suppose that counts as a fan site?
>>
>>36590390
Made some improvements https://jsfiddle.net/qzg1c92h/4/
>>
>>36590156
nothing preventing any compiler from optimizing slow algorithms into faster ones, most algorithms are just too complicated or restrained by memory ordering constraints to do so
>>
>>36589880
Hey, I run derpy.me. Would it help if I grabbed a second domain that pointed at the same server?
>>
>>36590874
You can give it a try.
derp.me seems to work.
>>
>>36590874
derpy.me
Okay it's detecting the https:// part of the domain and the random string after the /.
>>
>>36590874
>>36590903
derp.me was sadly taken
I grabbed derp.link and derpy.link; if you ever need an alternative you can use either of those now. Links from any of the 3 domains should work just fine with all of the 3. I think that the main derpy.me site might answer with http:// in addition to https://, but it's been awhile... http://derpy.me does this work?
>>
>>36590933
Woulda been amazing if you'd gotten a .horse domain.
>>
>>36590940
derp.horse was taken and something like short.horse is ironically a bit long for my tastes
>>
>>36589827
>What's next, the OS kernel coded in javascript?
There's NodeOS, or as I like to call it Node.js + Linux: https://node-os.com/

>>36590949
How about this.horse?
>>
>>36590949
yea I checked derp.horse and derpy.horse after I posted that.
I wonder if there's an alternative that would work
>>
lil.horse
smol.horse
>>
>>36590991
I like lil.horse. Short and sweet, and has a neat ring to it
>>
>>36590991
That's like, 30 dollars, man. If a bunch of people agree I'll do it though.
>>
>>36590874
Wait a bit, and lets see if they lift the ban or not. They will just ban the second, third, Nth domain.
Oh, and thanks for the service, I use it a lot.
>>
pony.cool
derpy.pro
derpy.run
derpy.ink
derpy.cc
derpy.cx
derpy.fan
derpy.fun
derpy.id
derpy.one
derpy.sh
derpy.top
derpy.win
derpy.zone
>>
>>36591063
Damn, didn't realize they are that expensive.
>>
>>36586222
Thank
>>
>>36590965
>NodeOS
The kernel is not in js. Its a normal linux kernel running fag.js in userspace.
By this logic there is boot2qt.
>>
>>36591316
That's why I called it Node.js + Linux. Node is the OS, while Linux is the kernel, just like GNU/Linux.
>>
>>36591425
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux...
>>
With the mediafire rip being mentioned here, is the Spike El Clopero torrent worth being included?
>>
How annoying would it be for altboorus to mass tag and imply season tags for their respective episodes? Like every season 1 episode tag implies "season one".
>>
>>36590242
>>36590390
>>36590447
Thanks for your efforts!
For the alignment I tried to fix it by changing the list item's marker direction to right to left, and that worked to align it when I placed it inline.
See https://jsfiddle.net/4cwtkr79/1/
Its sad that the HTML looks ugly (just a fuckton of span), but I guess something for something.
>>
>>36589720
>go look in the archive for his answer himself
You can’t check the archive for the answer to “why do you care?” or “why bring it up here?” That’s a stupid thing to insinuate, not that it surprises me.
>>
>>36589366
>>They rarely look at this thread
>>https://desuarchive.org/mlp/
>don't thank

>>36589366
>Are you really >implying they scour the archive for comments mentioning ponybooru? I guarantee they don’t give a shit what people here think.

Girls, girls. You're both pretty.

If they, for some reason, wanted to do some market research to see how their site was viewed, it would be a simple and pretty effective way to do it.

As for what reasons they might have for wanting to see what /mlp/ is saying about ponybooru? I'm drawing a complete blank on that.
>>
>>36593649
Adding tag implications is easy. However, I have no idea if those implications are applied retroactively.
>>
>>36594632
From what I've seen on ponerpics they're only applied if someone opens the tag editing form on each image and saves. However, that could just be more import weirdness.
>>
I forgot to post about this last night. I got this error when uploading some pics to twibooru. There were two versions of the invalid port number message: “ed4” and “fd4”. The “ed4” one only happened on two or three pics, and it was fixed when I retried the uploads from the same source immediately after. For this one https://twibooru.org/2321009 I first received the “ed4”, the I got “fd4” when I retried a couple times. I then tried using a different source and got the same result. I had to save the image in order to upload it. They were all gifs, if that helps.
>>
>>36594108
If you want the line numbers aligned to the right, you can just use "text-align: right;" ("end" if your want your site to support RTL in the future) without the RTL hack.
https://jsfiddle.net/4s62t3wx/1/
>>
>>36594771
And yes, the markup is a load more ugly than using li, but I consider it still less verbose than using tables (<table><tr><td>...)
>>
>>36594728
What the actual fuck. Do you have the links you tried to upload?
>>
>>36578303
Small bit of Twibooru news: SVG uploads now work (they didn't before, somehow?!), and I've replaced all the SVGs tagged with "svg" with the original SVG versions instead of the rendered PNG versions. There's also now experimental support for an automatically-curated file type tag (ie, in theory, newly-uploaded pngs will get the 'png' tag). I plan to apply it retroactively, if there's no problems with it or anything. Also, support for searching by the mime_type and duration fields now exist, however the images will need to be reindexed for that; will do that overnight if I can.
>>
>>36595668
>Also, support for searching by the mime_type and duration fields now exist
What's the syntax for that look like?
>>
>>36595683
It'll look the same as other search fields. eg: `mime_type:image/png`, `mime_type:video/*`. Duraton is in seconds, and supports fractions. `duration:10`, `duration.gt:60`, `duration:1.5`, etc. Still images have a duration of 0.
>>
>>36596208
>Still images have a duration of 0.
Much more sane than derpibooru (they have 0.04 instead). Did you know that some still images there have duration of 6 seconds, because they count as "1 frame animation"? Derpilogic.
>>
>>36596208
danke
>>
>>36594830
I would not say its less verbose than a table. Compare a single line:
<tr><td></td><td></td></tr>
vs
<span></span><span></span>
A table is more readable, and actually consists of less characters overall. Using css layouts is nice and all, but from the maintainability perspective if I come back to this a year later I'm not sure if I will remember what hackery is there. For example ".selected, .selected + .line". Its ok that this is possible, but when you don't remember how this is done later its not easy to hunt down. A "tr.selected" pokes your eye meanwhile.

I'll measure the render time on a larger paste later and compare which one renders faster, and I pick that.
>>
>>36594632
They aren't applied retroactively at all
This causes weirdness if you try to reconcile some tags between an altbooru and derpibooru, because the implications begin at different points
>>
>>36595668
Why auto-add tags for file format instead of making search work with it natively?
I.e. add ability to search for file format directly instead of having editable tags show up on the image (and hence being open to extra management necessary).
>>
>>36597299
I think he's doing both, anons requested both some time last year.
And I think the format tag is not editable, like if you do try to remove it it'll be added back automatically.
At least, that's what it was supposed to be
>>
>>36597516
>And I think the format tag is not editable, like if you do try to remove it it'll be added back automatically.
Then there's no reason for it to be a tag at all, but a feature of search system instead, just like how you can search by creation date or (technically) uploader even though it's not reflected in the tags.
>>
>>36597570
Like in philomena?
>>
onlycomfy.art update
Search by width/height with comparison operators
Operators: ==,>=,<=,<,>
Example: snow, height>1920, width > 1080
>>
>>36597681
I am pretty sure its search doesn't include ability to search by extension, and BoR can search by creation date and other non-tag metadata.
But yes, if a feature is good (I SAID GOOD NOT THE FUCKING NUMBER HIGHLIGHT), people who've made it being walking dumpster fires isn't a reason to not yoink it.
>>
>>36595573
Here, I don’t remember which ones caused problems aside from Dash.
>https://derpibooru.org/images/2450764
>https://derpibooru.org/images/2462018
>https://derpibooru.org/images/2462019
>https://derpibooru.org/images/2462021
>https://derpibooru.org/images/2462022 (first try Dash)
>https://ponybooru.org/images/2686316 second try Dash)
>https://derpibooru.org/images/2462023
>>
>>36597965
Philomena:
original_format:png - search images which originally had PNG file extension (does not include files without extension)
mime_type:image/png - search image with PNG mime-type (independent from file extension)
>>
>>36596208
Are gifs included in the video/duration searches?
>>
>>36597299
I think people are overlooking how much more convenient for retards it is to search for “png” instead of remembering the other shit you need to type.
>>
File: st.png (20 KB, 277x647)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>36597965
>>
>>36598049
I am saying let people search for "png" (internally substitute it with appropriate query) instead of putting it into tags.
>>
File: 1538598094478.jpg (43 KB, 650x793)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>jpeg aliases to "needs more jpeg"
>now that tag is on a bunch of images of acceptable quality
Okay, this is actually a pretty awful idea.
>>
>>36598173
>acceptable quality
Thats subjective.
Some people are happy with a grainy pillarboxed (4:3) SD quality on a 75" 4k TV.

Also its a meme tag, what do you expect?
>>
>>36598173
Easy. Add "jpeg (extension)", like in "lily (flower)" or "frog (hoof)".
>>
>>36598195
At that point why not just make extensions its own namespace? "ext:jpeg" "ext:png" "ext:webm"
>>
>>36598191
He's saying that the tag will BE on images of acceptable quality if "jpeg" is used to mean extension instead of low quality/high compression. Ya eedjit.
>>
>>36598173
Oops
>>
(on both ponerpics and twibooru):
artist:xprismxx needs to be an alias of "artist:prism(not colourful)" as they're the same person.
>https://derpibooru.org/tags/artist-colon-prism%2528not+colourful%2529
>>
>>36598025
Were you uploading links with a query string? (eg: derpibooru.org/images/123?q=artist:somebody)? Because I just reproduced the bug by accident by doing that. Don't upload from URLs that have a colon in them. I'll need to fix that at some point, but that's a workaround.
>>
Twibooru is going to be switching to Markdown for descriptions and comments at some point in the neat future. I am thinking that I may write a script that converts the old syntax to the new, however I am not 100% sure about how much of a time investment that will be.

The reason for the change is that the Textile markdown parser is a pile of garbage code that isn't easily fixed, is likely vulnerable to XSS or something, and there exists no actively-maintained alternative Textile parser for Ruby.
>>
>>36599226
That's what I was doing, yeah. I'll start using just the post number from now on.
>>
Have I said I hate CSS already? If not, then : I hate CSS.

Sorry for the broken tooltips on ponebin. Its fixed now.
>>
>>36599832
I always found both Textile and Markdown more trouble than it's worth (accidental formatting, impossible or non-intuitive to format certain combinations of symbols), with BBCode being ideal compromise. But that's just IMHO.
>>
>>36600159
>accidental formatting, impossible or non-intuitive to format
And this is why the textbox should have two view/edit modes:
- raw, where you see the markdown/whatever
- visual edit, where you insert X element via a button/menu. If you type a correct markdown "trigger" it just escapes it instead.
>>
This thread seems oddly technical compared to the others I've been in.
>>
>>36600431
Yeah, well you're technical-ly a faggot. Ha!
>>
>>36600431
/g/ and /mlp/ have a lot of overlap with autism and trannies
>>
File: clarkson.png (335 KB, 640x360)
335 KB
335 KB PNG
>>36598655
>>
Twibooru is currently in the middle of converting old comment, description, and tag description data from Textile to Markdown. Stuff may display a bit weird during this. ETA is around an hour from now for it to be all back to relative normal. I will also be updating the help page for the syntax, with information on Markdown syntax.
>>
>>36600754
Will it use `code` for code blocks, and >!spoiler!< for spoilers, and "> quote" for block quotes?
>>
>>36600760
Though I've also seen ||spoiler|| for spoilers. Are there no official standard way to do this in markdown?
>>
>>36600763
There's no official standard way unfortunately, and the Markdown parser I've chosen is a little limiting; it had support for ==highlight== for highlight/reverse video, but I overrode that for spoilers at the moment. I *may* add the ||spoiler|| syntax at some point as well, or replace it.

I'm going to end up writing a document detailing the base markdown features which will be kept stable, plus any extensions which may be subject to change.
>>
>>36599226
>>36600066
I got another one: “94ae” and “57ef” both from attempts to upload one picture. This time there was no search query.
>https://ponerpics.org/images/6107836
I think something was fuddled during the recent maintenance. I’ve never had errors like this, and it’s happening relatively frequently for the small amount of pictures I’ve uploaded. Either that or I’m somehow fucking it up without realizing.
>>
>>36600960
I cannot reproduce it, and in fact I just fetcjed that image fine... What browser are you using, and is it up to date?
>>
>>36600987
Safari, and probably.
>>
Page 10 bump.
>>
This is a parenthesis but Derpibooru just banned an entire french mobile ISP from posting today.
If you use Free Mobile you get a moonban.
The very day G5 is about to be introduced.
>>
>>36600760
Fuck leddit format on spoilers. Fuck 4chan format on spoiers too. Go for either full-on wakabamark (with %%spoilers%%) or >>36600763.
>>
>>36602337
Lol.
Depri needs to be nuked.
>>
>>36602337
Are other Philomena sites affected, or it's only Derpibooru?
>>
>>36602490
Only Derpibooru.
>>
>>36602424
Kill derpi
>>
>36602526
This is not the derpi drama thread. Make bug reports/feature suggestions, or gtfo to actual drama thread on mlpg.co
>>
File: wee woo.jpg (52 KB, 380x333)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>36602550
Of fucking course.
>>
>>36602552
Drama derails discussion, that's why altbooru discussion split off into its own thread. If you want to talk shit for the sake of talking shit (even if it's well-deserved), there's literally a thread for that.
>>
>>36602697
>>36602552
Specifically, >>36602621
>>
Hey Floorb can you tell your retard posse of "friends" to not fuck up for a second?
>>
>>36602737
...And both threads were deleted due to circklejerkers who couldn't shut up about unrelated things. Anyway, drama thread is there as always: https://mlpg.co/ot/res/1142.html
>>
Did anyone try to train a neural net for labeling pony images?
>>
>>36603135
You know the amount of coding and coders neural networking takes? That would be enormous, but not impossible
>>
>>36603153
>You know the amount of coding and coders neural networking takes?
zero, just throw images with tags at any tutorial like this https://machinelearningmastery.com/how-to-develop-a-convolutional-neural-network-to-classify-satellite-photos-of-the-amazon-rainforest/
that's training NN from scratch but I read you can use transfer learning and retrain NNs like ResNet or VGG and get far better results
>>
>>36603184
then, yes, do that. as an artist, tagging takes a while and is boring, that would be a little revolution.
>>
>>36603241
this is obvious idea and I don't know why nobody tried it, maybe they tried and got awful performance, I don't want to waste my time for nothing
>>
>>36603241
I'd rather have inefficient but accurate tagging by humans instead of efficient and potentially inaccurate tags that would have to be checked by humans anyway.
>>
>>36602337
Funny thing, they've done similar retarded shit in the past. They banned the ip range for the largest vpn in russia because they got pissed off for being called out by one of CoinPo's friend's. That was actually done by TSP himself. When brought up, he said he didn't give a fuck, but either he or someone else reversed it about an hourish later
>>
>overemotional manchild consistently acts like an overemotional manchild
say it ain't so
>>
>>36603270
>>36603337
meant to reply
>>
>>36603061
>Assuming he will dothat
He doesn't want to offend the people he erp's with
>>
>>36603610
Mate I WISH half of my friends there would ERP with me, or in general.
>>
>>36603630
They don't need to fantasize about you sucking them off with how much you already suck them off metaphorically
>>
>>36603630
ERP with me instead then.
>>
>>36603913
Who are you?
>>
>>36604086
It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
>>
>>36604086
A literal rando.
We are anonymous.
>>
File: Ponk thonk.png (121 KB, 361x324)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
Will altboorus also update their "banned from derpi" and "deleted from derpi" tags?
If an image was not deleted at the time of the first scraping but it has been later, will it be tagged accordingly?
I batch downloaded all pics with a certain tag from derpi, and then went through them manually to delete pics I didn't like. That was before altboorus were even made. Now I want to update the collection, but would rather not download the whole thing again from Twibooru, just for a few missing pics.

Tl:Dr how reliable are those tags?
>>
>>36604156
And what is your plan?
>>
What exactly is happening here?
https://derpibooru.org/search?q=artist%3At72b 667 images
https://twibooru.org/search?q=artist%3At72b 594 images
https://ponerpics.org/search?q=artist%3At72b 729 images

Where do I have to look for to be sure no images are deleted? Do I just have to download stuff from every site and deduplicate?
>>
>>36604313
Twibooru's imports were from more than half a year ago.
>>
>>36604313
Twibooru is "last mass updated" 6 month ago. Whatever was posted since then on derpi/else is not there if someone did not upload it manually.
Derpi will obviously miss the deleted images.
Can't say anything about ponerpics, I dont use that often.
>>
>>36604345
That is false; I literally just ran a mass import about a week ago and posted about it here. It added roughly 150k images.
>>
>>36604264
>Tl:Dr how reliable are those tags?
Last time I mass corrected the ones falsely tagged on twibooru. So the tags are reliable that if it was deleted 6 months ago, it has that tag.
>>
>>36604354
Welp. Then I guess its updated? But then how those search queries in >>36604313 result in less images than what's on derpi?
>>
>>36604313
>What exactly is happening here?
Ponerpics currently has some images from a couple months back that are duplicate, one from porter and one from their own second import. They'll be merged soon I think.
Twibooru has no automatic scraper so they're likely behind.
Derpi may have a couple pics from this artist that were poking fun at burn loot murder deleted.
Good taste in artist.
>>
>>36604345
It was actually last mass updated a week ago, but the import missed half the intended images for reason and florb hasn't given any status updates on it.
>>36604313
Ponerpics imports automatically and thus is 100% up to date with Derpi, plus-minus an hour, and has old deleted images that were scraped years ago before deletion, Twibooru has old deleted images straight from the database but isn't automatically updating.
>>
>>36604354
Well there must be some stuff still missing then. Was this import only stuff you missed in the first one or was it new stuff too?
>>
>>36604354
Shouldn't you have already set up the scraper since it finished?
>>
File: 229838.jpg (49 KB, 560x421)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Reposting Mediafire links from the last thread.
https://bin.bronyhub.com/?ca497a859b99a104#2HR4ptDg3hrXJYjJgaWnueVYkaPHGKrCkBcxL7fXBogG

>>36592650
Once that thread dies to the inevitable deluge of G5 threads, I think it's fine if you guys post here.

>>36604374
The importer has a couple problems. Sometimes Derpibooru has strange returns on requests from the firehose. It's on the list of things to fix.
>>
>>36603252
>I don't know why nobody tried it
At a guess, it's because NN AI training, especially in a way that's accessible for internet power users, is pretty new. Boorus like Danbooru (the first?) started something like 15-ish years ago, right? Ponybooru and other philomena-based boorus (currently the absolute gold standard for booru technology) are in the 8-10 year old range. Old habits that have been around since the formation of boorus regarding how to do things like tagging might take a while to die down.

I mean, during the Derpi meltdown last year we saw that the mods had horrible tools to do parts of their job just because the functionality wasn't actually coded into the platform. That led to a lot of inefficiency.

I do think we should have a step where the uploader has to do a scan of the AI-suggested tags to verify them or add extra tags, but having some sort of auto-tagging functionality sounds great.
>>
>>36605157
>I mean, during the Derpi meltdown last year we saw that the mods had horrible tools to do parts of their job just because the functionality wasn't actually coded into the platform. That led to a lot of inefficiency.
Because of a forced switch to language with no other coders and then focusing on adding social shit like forum search instead of useful mod-side or actual-image-side features.
sOmUcHmOrEtHaNAnArChIvE indeed.
>>
>>36603135
I was looking at this a while back:
https://github.com/KichangKim/DeepDanbooru/

Read about it as an extension to Hydrus. Never tried it but seemed interesting.
>>
is floorb done being a derpi code monkey, or no?
>>
>>36605277
>sOmUcHmOrEtHaNAnArChIvE indeed.
Well, controlling an image database is one thing, but lording your specialness over an active speaking population probably scratches their itch better.

They want power and control over as many people as possible, and they want to feel their superiority. Tyrants in their own social media fiefdom.
>>
>>36605351
I literally have two commits to the project in my entire life. I will help if I am asked, but I have no motivation to write Elixir on my own.
https://github.com/derpibooru/philomena/graphs/contributors
>>
>>36605552
I made the assumption since that seems like thats the only thing you'd be useful for.
>>
>>36605366
Is your only job on derpi to make suggestions?
>>
>>36605636
Beyond having a user account on Derpi that I haven't really used since last year, I am not affiliated with Derpi at all. I'm just making observations based on how I've seen the staff act and what we were learning during the shitstorm last year.
>>
>>36605656
fug
>>36605636
meant for
>>36605552
>>
>>36604156
Was getting caught part of your plan?
>>
>>36605157
>uploader has to scan tags
You mean how uploaders are encouraged to check tags after saving for unintended implications but they never do?
>>
>>36606470
Some people upload the literally bare minimum. Most of buppy’s art has three to five tags initially.
>>
>>36606494
Not sure what that has to do with unintended implications but ok
>>
>>36606500
Sorry, meant to reply to >>36605157
>>
>>36605636
>>36605688
At the moment I speak in the staff chats, handle user links, duplicate reports, and provide input on rule violations.
>>
>>36595668
>>36606702
While you’re here, should jpeg and jpg be aliased just in case?
>>
>>36606765
Done!
>>
>>36607166
Nice. Do you want future alias suggestions to be done in the thread like >>36599003? Or should I just report “other” and explain it there?
>>
"sunny starscout" need to be made into a character tag.
>>
File: rainbow dash shrug.png (538 KB, 3268x4000)
538 KB
538 KB PNG
>>36606470
>>36606494
I never said it was a great plan, just that it'd be nice if the hypothetical auto-tagging AI wasn't the only possible tagging step.
>>
>>36609482
Can AI deduce image ratings?
Sexual axis: safe, suggestive, questionable, explicit
Dark axis: safe, semi-grimdark, grimdark
Would be extremely useful to trigger auto-report to moderators if AI think image have mistagged rating.
>>
>>36609507
There are nsfw detection NNs for anime, so it's possible
>>
>>36609507
I doubt it could deduce image ratings.

I knew a website that would guess at whether an uploaded image was nsfw or sfw, but after a few images sent to it, it seems that it largely checked for a lot of skin showing. That meant that if you uploaded an image of a character with blue skin or something like that, it would be marked as sfw even if they were nude.

Porn images are often kind of similar, but there are many different kinds of images we'd be asking the AI to judge. AI judging tends to work best only with looking for a tiny number of possible variables or tags at once.

Then again, with a starting bank of two and a half million tagged images, it might go better than we expected.
>>
>>36609507
Last attempts I remember, one ended up being LITERALLY
>send dunes
as the AI kept flagging deserts as porn, and the other is tumblr self-destruction where it would rate NSFW image as SFW if the SFW-treated parts occupied enough of the image.
>>
>>36609507
There was a project to auto tag images like 3 or so years ago. It was surprisingly accurate.
https://twibooru.org/1402323
>>
Are there any places that are dedicated to FiM? Despite the popularity of the show I don't know that there are any the meet the criteria. Every place that you hear of is always an amalgamation of several things.
>>
>>36609056
>>
File: 1612351840959.jpg (46 KB, 371x433)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>
>>36613752
Why do you suffer, small pink horse?
>>
>>36614640
Her blueprints need supercharging.
>>
>>36614640
Ziggers cancelled the sugar deliverymare
>>
>>36611182
Can you be more specific?

There are many places. Several imageboards, two online filesharing places, several music archives, multiple story archives, a streaming video platform (that might shut down soon due to strangely increasing costs despite stable usage), and a link-shortening service.

You can pop in to the Fan Site Alternative thread to try to check out the links in the OP.
>>
>>36617571
inb4
>I meant no eegyujee
>>
>>36617592
It took a a little while to translate that faceroll into "EQG".

There was talk a while ago about making a booru dedicated to ignoring EQG, but a lot of these boorus have the goal of being a thorough archive of all the fan-content, including stuff that Derpi tried to purge. That's an anti-censorship leaning and an archival leaning. Archival is more about preserving as much as you can than it is getting rid of stuff you don't like.

I think your best bet is to use the filters on the booru of your choice such that EQG content doesn't even show up in your searches.
>>
>>36617571
>You can pop in to the Fan Site Alternative thread to try to check out the links in the OP.
I
Anon

Are you well? This IS that thread.
>>
>>36617571
>>36617592
I mean somewhere thats:
>no EQG
>no TFH
>no G5
>no anthro
>no anything else that we get stuck with here that's not FiM
I just feel more and more that FiM content is getting diluted by all this other stuff. That somewhere dedicated to FiM would not suffer this. I don't know that there is such a place, so I was asking to see if I was wrong.

>>36617633
Filters do not accomplish what I'm after. The goal is somewhere that specifically promotes the production of FiM content.
>>
>>36605100
>Once that thread dies to the inevitable deluge of G5 threads, I think it's fine if you guys post here.
The G5 threads are starting.

Spike El Clopero
Last thread: >>36531969
The clusterfuck fuckhueg torrent: https://u.smutty.horse/lzhhiiqvwnt.torrent

Spike El Clopero has shut down. Nearly all it's content was archived into a torrent, linked above. The torrent is 500 Gigs. While Kemono.party has been suggested as a possible alternative, it's not dedicated exclusively to MLP-related content. Getting the first batch of seeds took a while, but there are plenty of seeds now, so your download speeds will be strong.

Remember, the goal is data preservation and archiving. I absolutely guarantee that there's a bunch of stuff that is and is not up your alley. I think you should download everything anyway. Just, when you're picking and choosing, remember that the data is in 32-megabyte chunks, so you might want to download one thing, but end up getting some of the images or animations from around it.
>>
>>36617571
>You can pop in to the Fan Site Alternative thread to try to check out the links in the OP.
Do we tell him?
>>
>>36617747
>>36617676
This thread was right next to a different thread. I thought this was that other thread, and not the Fan Site Alternative thread.

The AI training discussion I was remembering when I was scanning the page for context for my first post since waking up sounded more like technical thread than something discussing fan sites.
>>
>>36617776
this is local /g/ with emphasis on web site development
>>
>>36617745
>promoting that furshit here
Go back to your own threads.
>>
>>36617814
>this is local /g/ with emphasis on web site development
this is local /g/ with emphasis on getting projects done.

Fixed it for you.
>>
>>36617835
It's pony related, it gets archived. You'd thing retards like you would've figuted it out by now, it's been over 6 months for fucks sake, when will you learn.
Don't bother replying, this was your last (You) of the day.
>>
>>36617914
There are many things not pony related in there. In fact the vast majority of the "content" is not pony.
>>
>>36617914
That's nice and all but this isn't archiving general. Make website or gtfo
>>
>>36617936
The mission statements of most of those boorus, the green archiving sites, and the mention of the mediafire rip begs to differ.
>>
>>36617995
Yeah, make website
>>
>>36617995
But that doesn't change what this thread is about. Go shill furshit elsewhere.
>>
File: 1557498751780.jpg (472 KB, 1235x695)
472 KB
472 KB JPG
>>
File: 1156343.gif (26 KB, 200x200)
26 KB
26 KB GIF
>>36611182
>>36617702
You gotta take the good with bad in fandom. I bet Star Wars fans get annoyed when they're talking about Kyle Katarn, and some moron goes, "rEmEmBeR RoGuE oNe?".
>I just feel more and more that FiM content is getting diluted by all this other stuff.
I felt the same way with Unicorn Twilight, but she eventually started getting traction, and now people are doing edits removing wings. You gotta be the change you want to see, and start creating content that you want to see. I can gaurntee that others will follow. There's also the fact that all of this crap has no staying power. Look how fast Pony Life became a dead meme.

>>36617745
Fuck, the website is down? I was hoping to download it piecemeal because I don't have the space for it all. Great.

>>36617936
>That's nice and all but this isn't archiving general
I'm about to go diarrhea again. Fuck off, you're the one not contributing anything.
>>
Since fimfic is becoming furryfic, can someone make a new fimfic thats strictly fim?
>>
>>36618276
>You gotta be the change you want to see, and start creating content that you want to see.
I'm already there and doing that, but it seems like there's no escape from the bullshit anymore. Whether it be EQG in every thread or anthro on every booru, there's no place just for FiM. This board used to come pretty close several years ago. You could go to a thread and be able to reasonably expect it to be FiM only. But it's been a while since that's been the case.
>>
>>36618276
ok downloader
>>
>>36618338
With how the jannies suppress any FiM-only attempts, i'm not surprised.
>>
A message to all stupid derpiniggers, you should kill yourselves for the betterment of the human race
>>
>>36611182
>>36617702
Anyone? Anything?
>>
>>36619568
I guess you can use filters?
>>
>>36619802
>>36617702
Filters don't accomplish that. The goal is a FiM-centric community.
>>
>>36619884
>FiM-centric community
Even if there is one, I don't think that the population is more than 10.
>>
>>36619884
>>36619932
i can already see Faustards emerging there and demanding to separate canonical S1 from everything else
>>
>>36619932
Surely with how big the show was there's something? If not, could one be made? I just feel like now more than ever it is important there be at least one FiM stronghold going into the future.
>>
>alternative websites
lmao
>>
>>36590069
If, for some reason, Ponepaste happens to go down, will you be able to wrap the pastes all together into a zip file or archive so that we can torrent a complete copy of them? Kind of like the green archive projects before, but without the risk of losing pastes in the transition process?
>>
>>36620050
IIRC its planned to have a periodic independent backup.
>>
>>36619971
The question isn't "who wants FiM-(pony only)-focused content?". It's "who wants a community that specifically excludes a bunch of other content?". It is a specialized community, not a general community.

The people who want access to a general variety channel of stuff probably won't visit more than a handful of times. The archivist-minded people will have a reflex against any perceived censorship, even if it's censorship of stuff they might personally dislike. The content creators are likewise probably going to be looking for the widest possible audience so that they can collect as many (you)s as possible, as that is the currency with with they are paid.

I think that almost all of us have a noted preference for pre-alicorn pony only FiM content, but not many of us are willing to move away from our current haunts.

Like I was mentioning earlier in this thread, I do remember that someone was talking about building a site dedicated to that. Pony only, pre-alicorn, et cetera. I don't know what happened to that project, but I think I remember seeing screenshots of a website in development. Unless that was you, and there was actually nothing done in that project.

I'm not objecting to the idea, I'm just not sure you've thought any of this through.
>>
>>36620145
>The archivist-minded people will have a reflex against any perceived censorship, even if it's censorship of stuff they might personally dislike
t. archhivist. i totally agree
>>
>>36620145
>who wants a community that specifically excludes a bunch of other content?
People who want a home for FiM. And I'm fairly sure I'm not alone in that desire. A while back there was talk of a place even more restrictive, only pre-S3 content, and that actually got a decent amount of support despite being immediately squashed by jannies. The problem with that one was that OP never delivered.

>archivist-minded people will have a reflex against any perceived censorship, even if it's censorship of stuff they might personally dislike.
It's not even meant to be censorship. It's not like it's trying to change an existing community, it's about making a new one (or finding one that already exists in that state). At some point you gotta decide what what the criteria is for something to be included. If you can have a place that requires "must have at least some connection to pony" why can't there be a place the requires FiM?

>The people who want access to a general variety channel of stuff probably won't visit more than a handful of times.
That would be fine. There already exists many other places for people like that to go.

>The content creators are likewise probably going to be looking for the widest possible audience so that they can collect as many (you)s as possible
The content creator angle is the single biggest part of a desire for such a community as it would promote the creation of more FiM content, and provide a space for people to collaborate on larger projects.

>I think that almost all of us have a noted preference for pre-alicorn pony only FiM content, but not many of us are willing to move away from our current haunts.
I realise this. It's the same reason why all the big websites that people hate so much will never die; they have all the people. But surely we can try? Maybe not to be a replacement, but to be something seperate entirely.
>>
>>36620284
But you wouldn't support anthro on /mlp/ would you?
>>
>>36620145
>>36620284
And another thing, I don't think the archivist angle really matters here. /mlp/ isn't an archive, nor does it attempt to be one.
>>
>>36620319
i'd support anything on /mlp/
>>
>>36620461
You realize that the ban on anthro is largely responsible for things lasting as long as they did?
>>
>>36620480
you do realize that no anthro rule was moot's way of saying "fuck you"?
>>
>>36620501
You are very wrong about that.
>>
>>36620506
for moot this whole fandom was another big furfaggotry. he contained you here because you were not welcome and acted like this board doesn't exist. that was until Faust came to visit and made him feel embarrassed
>>
>>36620532
Regardless of moot's intent, banning furfaggotry was a blessing.
>>
>>36620539
this safespace mentality is exactly what i warned moot about but, like usual, he didn't listen
i should have never trolled this board into existence
>>
>>36620585
>>36620585
>safespace mentality
It's called staying on topic, you faggot. The show is about the ponies, not furry abominations.
>>
>>36620605
yeah, threads are always so on topic that he had to decrease catalog pages from 15 to 10. truly a valuable content to look at
>>
The furfag is seething that it's harder to recruit here
>>
>>36620638
>imagine believing that allowing furry here would mean flooding the board with Renamons, Krystals or whatever other characters
how many actuall FIM related furry have you seen?
>>
>>36620686
The boorus are flooded with it.
>>
>>36620691
>go on derpi
>type "furry"
>less than 5k images
>out of 2.2 million
>>
File: 1610492287237.png (1.36 MB, 2886x882)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>36620712
>>
>>36620712
Try searching "anthro" and you will see that there is far more furshit than that.
>>
File: 4547.png (695 KB, 600x1080)
695 KB
695 KB PNG
>>36620729
i just typed "pony" into both sites and the results are pretty much the same. derpi just has higher numerator
>>36620740
>anthro
about 10%
also there are canon anthro characters which are allowed here
>>
>>36620773
10% too much. Thankfully at least that will be kept off the board.
>>
>>36620780
therefore muh safespace
also why are you itt?
>>
>>36620800
Because I contribute certain things to some of the alts and this thread.
>>
>>36617702
Use any alt-boorus, duh. You can easily delete all those ">no X" pictures by simply using "filter" capacity.
>>
>>36620824
Do you always stop readings posts halfway through? Filters do not accomplish what I'm after.
>>
>>36620823
okay but what's your motivation?
>>
>>36620855
FiM.
>>
>>36620145
That's a cute Coco
>>
>>36620872
derpibooru has plenty of fim
>>
>>36620928
OK, what even is the point of your post here.
>>
>>36620942
you've read the OP right?
>>
>>36620964
I wrote it. We have at least three boorus that will allow anything even vaguely pony related, why would it be so bad to have somewhere for FiM? Just one place. That's all that's needed.
>>
>>36618338
>EQG in every thread
Hide post. Why is that so hard for >no hooves screechers to understand? You draw more attention to it by crying every time it’s posted.

>anthro on every booru
What if I told you there’s a way to almost guarantee you’ll never see anthro again? What if you used filters for their intended purpose?
>>
>>36621031
Are you intentionally missing the point of the post?
>>
>36620585
>i should have never trolled this board into existence
>it was me, I did it

>>36620836
>>36621061
You’re the one refusing to see reality.
>I want to only see FiM content.
You can easily do that.
>No I meant I only want to see fim content uploaded by people who don’t like anything except fim. And I don't want to discuss fim with people that like things other than fim.
the purity spiral begins
>>
>>36621094
The point is not about filtering content, but rather having a community dedicated to the production of FiM content and to promote more of it. As time goes on the usual places get more and more bullshit polluting them. I would just like a place that dedicated to FiM. I'm not saying to change any of the existing places, I mean something seperate. I don't see why this is so bad. Why can't we have a place dedicated to FiM? We even have a booru here that's dedicated to only equestrian landscapes (a pretty neat project) and there's nothing so bad about that.
>>
>>36620986
anon, you can have your dedicated booru as much as i care
however
>>36620284
just replace censorship with selected content
>>
>>36621146
>selected content
So by the same logic you would claim that existing boorus censor things that are not pony related.

>dedicated booru
Truth be told, a booru isn't even really what I'm hoping for.
>>
>>36620836
You literally listed all the tags that are filterable in your post. Are you a twitter tranny that gets offended about content you'll never see?
>>
>>36621141
>community
Not needed. /mlp/ threads is all you need.
>>
>>36621094
i was one of the 4 extreme autists spamming the fuck outta /b/ because i believed that moot wasn't fair for denying actual fans of the show. this and back in early 10's i found trolling to be an extremely entertaining activity
i think this board would've been made anyway after other trolls jumped on the bandwagon but i believe i've inspired at least a few people by pissing off everyone else it was a mistake
>>
>>36621173
you know, derpi does allow some non MLP related content because why care. all in moderation ofc
>>
>>36621179
Again, you miss the point. The goal would be some place dedicated to FiM and the production of more content around it. Filters do not accomplish that on existing boorus.

>>36621187
>/mlp/ threads is all you need.
While I've been saying the same thing for many years, things have just been getting so much worse lately. I'm just concerned that /mlp/ may not be the home it once was for FiM anymore. And it's a tremendously sad thing. Because for 8 years now /mlp/ has been my home, and a home for FiM for longer. But the future looks bleak as more and more shit gets pushed onto here.
>>
>>36621252
anon, you want production of FIM content but do you yourself do such thing?
>>
>>36621372
>anon, you want production of FIM content but do you yourself do such thing?
Yes. Very much so. Not as much as I'd like, but I don't think that'll ever be the case. I may not be the most talented in certain mediums, but I certainly put in the effort whenever I have the time and make an effort to contribute to any FiM project on the board.
>>
>>36621395
that's good. OC is always good
>>
>>36621141
>You’re a fan of a specific series of comics.
>You hear about this great convention being created for fans of comics.
>You go there and find a small section just for fans of the same comic you like.
>After going to the convention every year, you start to notice more sections being added to the convention, some of them for tangentially comic-related things like video games based on them, or manga.
>A few more years and you see even more sections, this time for original games and shows.
>This comic convention now has sections for many people that might not even like comics, and these people intermingle with everyone else.
>You still have your section, and you can still talk about your favorite comic, but sometimes your people wander off to the video game sections and play non-comic video games.
>This makes you mad.
>Why should you have to avoid something you don’t like?
>The convention was originally for comics, and it should have stayed that way.
>Sure, there were episo- comics that you didn’t like at the first convention, so you avoided those sections and didn’t talk about them, but that’s different.
>You now have to walk through the video game section to get to your favorite comic.
>There’s also a side door that leads directly to it, but why should you have to use that?
>You decide to make your own comics convention, and only have comics there.
>You try to rally other comic fans, but they keep saying they like the current convention.
>Something about having comics and also other things they enjoy.
>They make the absurd claim that they just go to the sections they like and avoid the sections they don’t, and there are plenty of sections they like that aren’t directly comic-related.
>You know they aren’t the kind of people you’d want at your convention anyway.
>They aren’t pure fans like you.
>>
>>36621429
The concern is that without someplace dedicated to FiM, somewhere to promote such works, that FiM content will be reduced. Plus it's more stuff occupying catalog space.

Also, your example person still has an area just for his interest. FiM doesn't even have that.
>>
File: 1614306413423.png.png (184 KB, 441x379)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
>>36621418
better?
>>
>>36621429
A better example would be thoroughly mixing the video games with the comics so that there is no space left just for comics.
>>
>>36621463
>Also, your example person still has an area just for his interest. FiM doesn't even have that.
Ok tismo, how about
>There are sometimes people from the video game section that wander into your section. They look at the art and talk about the story, but they also mention video games sometimes.
>How dare they.
>>
>>36621475
Oh my God EqG G5 is going to be so painful.
>>
>>36621491
That still doesn't cover it. That would imply that the person would be able to have a conversation at all without any of the other bullshit included.
>>
>>36621486
Because I can’t see any ponies without scrolling though pages and pages of TFH, amirite fellow ponychad?
>>
>>36621506
>he literally can’t grasp how autistic he is
oh, you poor thing
>>
>>36621509
Despite being completely off topic to the board, TFH at least normally sticks to their containment thread. I'll give them that. EQG on the other hand, does not. Not even in the slightest. And with G5 looming it seems like things could get even worse.
>>
>>36621535
>hide post
>>
File: 1614306413423.png.png.png (182 KB, 441x379)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>36621492
every finger is a hoof now
which makes actual ponies 20% less cooler
>>
Is this that retard that wanted to make "/mlp/ with blackjack and hookers", but got BTFO'd by jannies?
>>
>>36621502
you think there will be any?
>>
>>36621592
Not him, but absolutely not. I think they wanted way more than what they got from that show.
>>
>>36621535
Not him but just noticed the lack of EQG spam at all, not even in the waifu threads they usually tend to raid.
Only EQG posting in their designated containment threads.
>>
>>36621614
It’s almost like there’s more >no hooves whining than actual no hooves.
>>
>>36621592
Not sure, but who knows. It might go something like this. The pony toys are crap and show is sadly not looking too god at the moment, so Hasbro wants to figure out a way to make toys that sells. And instead of thinking there is something wrong with G5 Hasbro will make EqG G5 thinking that is the missing piece to make G5 a success because G4 had EqG and that was successful.
>>
>>36621628
I think there is more spammers making bait threads and derailing threads than no hooves going out of their containment threads.
>>
>>36621608
meh. i wish EQG was more inspired
Faust could've worked on that instead of Superhero Girls
>>36621649
>The pony toys are crap
McDonalds pony figurines were top quality tho
>G4 had EqG and that was successful
i wouldn't call EQG that successful but it had potential to be on okay TV show
>>
>>36621715
retard
>>
>>36621418
>>36621492
>>36621715
>I’m helping clean up the shit on the floor by shitting on the floor.
Quality posts.
>>
>>36621429
The comic convention framing device isn't analogous to this situation.

We have altboards, too. Why not go to one of the other chans and ask the creator there to make a pony board specifically dedicated to FiM, with no EQG allowed? That'd be a lot more plausible than making any changes to 4chan, it'd be a lot more simple than making your own site, and the fact that it'd presumable already be on an alt chan or other mlp dedicated alt chan means that the pet project would actually have a chance of being discovered.

One of the problems is that you're trying to further dilute a userbase who's already struggling under the weight of trying to organize and catalogue, let alone consume, the tons and tons of fanmade content that already exists.

Having various side boards dedicated to all banthro, g5, and eqg content to separate it from the core /mlp/ board sounds like it'd make the most sense to me. Otherwise, it just sounds like you want to recreate a whole multimedia, large community ecosystem with special exclusive rules that require enforcement. That requires large numbers of hungry users who can't get that itch scratched anywhere else. You're not looking for people who want pony only FiM content, you're looking for those that passionately hate any FiM content that isn't pony only, and hate it with enough fervour to migrate and build new communities.

As a reminder, EQG is the reason that Humanized started to get a bad reputation. Humanized threads and stories were very popular for years. They were usually set in traditional equestria, from what I can recall.
>>
>>36621743
>Why not go to one of the other chans and ask the creator there to make a pony board specifically dedicated to FiM, with no EQG allowed?
>You try to rally other comic fans, but they keep saying they like the current convention.
>Something about having comics and also other things they enjoy.
Some people like the non-fim stuff and wouldn’t leave to go to a fim-exclusive place, thus creating an area where the only people there are those who actively dislike non-fim content.
>>
>>36621743
>>36621786
8ch used to have /pony/ which allowed only pony content
>>
>>36621688
>i wouldn't call EQG that successful but it had potential to be on okay TV show
I ment that FiM G4 was a success and there was a EqG spinoff from it, so Hasbro might think that G5 needs a EqG spinoff to become successful.
>>
>>36621743
>Why not go to one of the other chans and ask the creator there to make a pony board specifically dedicated to FiM, with no EQG allowed?
I have seen it asked on some other chans, but the general response is they don't want to compete with /mlp/. I'll admit I've been eyeing up a seemingly pretty nice vps deal, but the problem is it requires money, skill and time. The first two things can be addressed, but the third is a real bitch. Even if using existing software the lack of experiance with web development makes things a bit more difficult. And then there's the issue of moderation. Where in the hell do you find people to help out with management? If you already have a community you can pull from that, but starting out you don't have that.
>>
>>36621801
They had an “active” user base of ~50.
>>
>>36621862
50 people would be a pretty good start. Less people have done more.
>>
A real dedicated /fim/ with basically no rules out side of no eqg, no anthro, and no illegal would be nice.
>>
File: pure pone prelim.png (148 KB, 1920x497)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
Hmm, I just remembered I made this for purepony.org. The reason as far as I can tell that the threads were deleted was for advertising, but it seems like as little work has been done on it as Bronyhub since I last checked on it.

Anyway, this site fits your criteria, so you can stop complaining.
>>
>>36621966
>Anyway, this site fits your criteria, so you can stop complaining.
It was literally DOA. The site doesn't work anymore (you can't make posts) and the owner is long gone.
>>
>>36621887
The ar¢hive I looked at is from August 2019, and 48 was the size. That was likely the peak before the website was kill, not the start.
> ignore this https://archive.is/Ce6CH
This is attempt 18, I swear to god if it was the website name I’m gonna slap somebody
>>
>>36622054
> ignore this https://archive.is/Ce6CH
Do you mean that literally? I only see /pone/ on the list. Do you have an archive of /pony/?
>>
>>36620928
derpibooru has plenty of retarded autists as well so no thanks
>>
>>36619568
Last year /mlp/ con was almost exclusively fim, only one eqg fag brought up that shit in a panel from what I recall
Not sure if that counts
>>
File: 2013-06-03_230847.png (207 KB, 512x512)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>>36622094
/mlp/ has plenty of retarded autists
>>
>>36621832
I'd be willing to front resources to build a fim focused place, but my free time is pretty non-existent
>>
>>36622178
You and lots more coming from derpibooru, yes.
Your point?
>>
>>36621862
The board's not slow, it's COMFY.
>>
>>36622153
That's a good point. /mlp/con was pretty good. Don't really remember much non-FiM stuff there. I need to get started on this year's contribution to it.

>>36622203
>I'd be willing to front resources to build a fim focused place, but my free time is pretty non-existent
Pretty much the same here. Something like an imageboard I don't think would require that big of a setup. I am very time limited as well in my stuff, university's a pretty big time sink.
>>
>>36622293
I set up foolfukku or whatever it's called once, I could do it again (or some similar software)
Would hate to see it go the way of pony.fun tho (I think that was the sites name)
>>
>>36622207
then you can feel like at home there
>>
File: lynxGuide.webm (2.89 MB, 800x600)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>>36622362
Pony.fun was the name. Was always full of anthro and spam any time I'd check on it. I tried pic rel and got it to work, though anytime I see it mention people usually say Lynxchan isn't very good. I don't know, I think the demo site they have looks pretty neat. Only thing I saw that it was missing was (you)s.
>>
>Page 10
>>
File: it'sredditbaby.png (105 KB, 865x667)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
I went to r/cuckfaggots because I got fucking curious how they took G5 up their asses and their sticky was so fucking terrifying I closed browser and cleaned up cookies along with the history.
I hope none of altboorurs would ever get infected with """mods""" like that.
>>
>>36586999
Trips of truth.
>>
>>36602552
>>36602550
How are we supposed to know if we can't immediately see the post? Please don't be like them. It's a very DB-y thing to fail quoting.
>>
>>36623943
Is it a zoomer thing to not use Ctrl+f?
>>
>>36623949
>>36623943
Is it a zoomer thing to be unable to look at literally the two posts above the derpiman? Or are you a >phoneposter and so it only fits 1 post, ever?
>>
>>36623949
Phones don't have Ctrl keys.
>>
>>36623745
Getting rid of mental asylums was a massive mistake. The autist retards will still try to turn anywhere they congregate in mental, but you can't control where it is anymore.
>>
>>36623975
Unless you're on an ancient version of the relevant OS or a shitphone that's about five bucks full price via razor-and-blades pricing, basically any semi-modern phone has a 'Find' function in their built-in browser, let alone the bloatware browser that is no doubt shoved in too.
Goddamn phoneposters, holy shit.
>>
>>36623745
I think I suffered from brain damage just by reading that.
>>
>>36623975
>phones
Played yourself, really.
>>
>>36624027
Why are you ADRLB when you could be ADRBL instead?
>>
>>36624342
I'm sorry Anon, i don't comprehend retard.
>>
Derpibooru now bans people automatically, I followed the instructions, checked my IP, change browser they really want to force Anons to create an account! That's crazy!
I dont even give a fuck about the drama I just want to post and comment horses for fuck's sake!
>>
That means they are focing us to move to Ponerpics or some alternative where anonymous posters are NOT banned!
You guys better not become reach that level of autism. Ever!
>>
>>36625083
They don’t care where you go, they just want you not there if you ever post here.
>>
>>36625074
Stop using derpi, they want you dead for using this website in the first place.
>>
File: just-wanna-grill.png (309 KB, 1000x500)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>36625074
>I dont even give a fuck about the drama
You might not want to care about politics, but politics cares about you. You can't sit there with your head buried in the sand and expect to stay nice and comfy. You have to fight to preserve what the community has built, lest you lose it.
>>
File: i-just-wanna-grill-comic.png (81 KB, 1000x1000)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>>36625951
Another grill comic.
>>
>>36625948
>Stop using derpi
No. Because that's exactly what they want you to do.
Stay, and keep exposing their bias and hypocrisy wherever you can, only through persistence can we hope to turn the users' opinion against them.
>>
>>36626117
They can all rot for all I care. I've wanted an alternative to derpibooru for years, and now that we've got that I have no reason to ever use that cesspool ever again.
>>
If an altbooru were to turn on text posts, should they just be like on pastebin or ponerpaste or should they support markdown formatting?
Asking for a friend
>>
>>36626265
ponepaste has markdown already. Well, it's own version.
>>
>>36626117
Making them face their own hypocrisy is the fastest way to get mooned. And don't think you can just use new accounts, they're petty enough to ban an entire country to get rid of patachu.
>>
File: 1611692093823.png (221 KB, 851x1488)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
>>36626265
Go for full-on fimfiction replacement :^)
>>36626417
>Making them face their own hypocrisy is the fastest way to get mooned.
Can confirm, got mooned for dErOgAtOrYpOrTrAyAl (with them tripping over themselves to get rid of the image).
>>36626117
You can't do shit with "just using derpi". What you need is actual images that force the transparency on them. For example, draw more lamia Derpy, or Proud Boys Blossomforth to get the scum who try and smear good canon ponies by association with their irresponsibility and lies to seethe.
>>
>>36626265
Give it all the formatting tools to let posters post in whatever style they choose, and give it chapters and book marking options.
>>
Am I the only one, or did the 7 and 30 day analytics disappeared on cloudfare for others too? It says N/A or 0. One day works fine.
>>
File: unknown.png (55 KB, 783x677)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
It's one of those pic related days.
Not sure what happened, but here we are. Got back into the Twibooru staff chat at the very least; we are evaluating moving to other platforms to stop shit like this from happening again.

I have been told there are some issues with the converstion from Textile -> Markdown in descriptions and comments. I'm aware of the issues, and intend to fix them next time I do a code deploy, but right now the codebase is mostly frozen due to me doing some backend restructuring that will likely require some downtime to deploy.
>>
>>36628444
I'm guessing some fags reportbombed you for daring to work on an altbooru. Should probably move off of discord and to somewhere you have more control over, at least for site stuff.
Also checked.
>>
>>36628444
>>36628457
So should we be boycotting Discord now? If they want to discriminate against us, should we continue to let them?
>>
>>36628444
So two derpi staff have been perma banned from discord now.
I want to see the threats Byte made that got him banned, but I don't want to go through 16,000 of his political posts.
>>
>>36626117
Implying that would change a damn thing.
Stop giving those retards more traffic.
>>
>>36628444
>Trannycord
Just move to other platform
>>
>>36626117
I stopped using Derpibooru and ordered them to take down and DNP my stuff before leaving.
Derpy Whooves tried REALLY hard to convince me to leave all of my art there and when he finally accepted I had no intention of changing my mind, he agreed to remove it, but I could tell he was furious and held a grudge after he was done with it.
>>
>>36628638
I asked them to do the same for my account, they just ignored me, they won't acknowledge my request for them to delete everything I've uploaded and to delete my account. I have tried emailing and self reporting multiple times, and I don't even know if anyone's so much as looked at my requests.
>>
>>36628444
Discord is literal cancer. I have no idea why people use it.
>>
>>36628826
>I have no idea why people use it.
It's simple enough for brainlets to comprehend, and has some convenient features in it. It's also become very popular for YT content creators to have a dicksword channel as a simple patreon reward, or as some sort of "community" place rather than the comment section of the most recent video.

Having gone through what feels like half a dozen different online voice chat solutions over the years for different guilds and clans, there's some convenience in there being a, all-in-one platform. You don't have to constantly check a forum to see if someone messaged you. You can just log in to your account whenever and get a message someone sent you a week or so ago if you have to.

It's a problem that it's got too many eggs in one basket for my comfort. It's also absorbing more information about my system than I'm comfortable with.

For something like Website chat with mods, I think IRC should be better.

For something like joining a chatroom that'll mostly be unused, but that will sometimes be used to find matches in less populated online fighting games, I have yet to find a better tool. It's easier to have half a dozen games installed and be in dicksword chatrooms ready to find an alert than it is to hit up 3/4 different forums or unofficial chatrooms on other services for each game I might want to play.
>>
>>36628444
NEVER USE CENTRALIZED CLOSED PLATFORM. Use IRC, Jabber, or any other platform that doesn't have centralized accounts and lets you host own servers.
>>
>>36628758
And we laughed so much, Patachu.
>>
>>36628470
>using discord in the first place
>>
>>36600987
Earlier today I got the same errors as before, using links with no additional search queries, and from my laptop with up to date Edge. The only consistency I’ve seen has been that they’ve mostly been links to ponerpics, but that may just be because I try fetching from there first.

In other news related to >>36595668, I noticed the tags get applied if you just open the editor and save. Maybe that helps with retroactive applications, maybe it’s useless info, idk.
>>
>>36628444
is it time for us to also make our own social media site? some kind of discord, facebook, myspace hybrid that lets people talk shit in peace?
>>
>>36629889
Any recommend imageboard software?
>>
>>36629907
theres like a million and a half 4chan clones out there, the derpibooru code is kinda opensource, google around a bit, stuff exists
>>
>>36629907
They all suck, desu.
>>
>>36629889
Just use self-hosted IRC for text chat and self-hosted Mumble for voice chat. Anything else is not needed.
>>
>>36629937
>theres like a million and a half 4chan clones out there
Oh I know, but I was wondering if there was were any in particular because >>36629942
>>
>>36628580
>So two derpi staff have been perma banned from discord now.
Wait what? How? Did the Discord gods ban them or did the derpibooru admins ban them?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.