[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Sonic_VS_RD.RatedM.png (721 KB, 1000x562)
721 KB
721 KB PNG
Who would win in a fight?
>>
>>36401723
Me. I sit on them.
>>
>>36401723
Hands down Sonic would turn that horse into glue.
>>
>>36401723
sonic my friends
>>
>>36401723
Oh great I could sense a flame war brewing up in this thread. And Sonic would win because he could just cum inside Rainbow Dash in an instant.
>>
>>36401723
Speed debate aside, Sonic is specifically skilled at fighting, with his absurd strength commonly overshadowed by his speed. This puts him at an immediate advantage over that of Rainbow Dash. Rainbow's main advantage when it comes to fighting is her speed, but once she encounters an opponent that can match said speed AND can spindash through solid metal as if it were butter, the odds of her winning are doubtful.

That said, I'm pretty sure they'd be great friends and would not fight each other to begin with, except maybe in the form of races.
>>
>>36401723
Remember that time Rainbow rammed a barn so hard she caused a massive explosion complete with a mushroom cloud? I think she could win if she pulled off that move again.
>>
lol for some reason this reminds me of the legendary Klingons vs. Furries bowling event
>>
rainbow dash cuz she can swim
>>
>>36403070
Sonic can't swim, but his absurd speed does allow him to run on water.
>>
>>36403089
Depends on the game
>>
>>36403160
oh we're goin that route huh?
>>
RD can just carry him up to the stratosphere, and then drop him.
>>
>>36403165
no, I'm sure sonic would win in pretty much any scenario. he fights robots on a regular basis.
i'm just saying, sonic can't always run on water.
>>36403168
no falling damage in sonic lol
>>
>>36403173
so, going by games, not feats, then?
Only pony games that exist are fan flash games, so can we include the grimderps? Cause then rainbow factory.
>>
File: pshrug.png (102 KB, 594x600)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>36403188
i mean, i guess you could say that rainbow dash might win. she flies around at high velocity and has some degree of skill at maneuvering. honestly who even cares. this kind of thing is really pointless.
better topic: would they work as a couple?
>>
File: unnamed.png (5 KB, 320x224)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>36403160
No. Sonic being able to run on water has been a trait of his since Sonic 3.

Whether or not this ability has been included in all games is irrelevant. Just because Sonic can't spindash in Sonic Unleashed doesn't mean he simply can't do it anymore.
>>
Sonic is at least as fast as Rainbow and probably faster. Plus Rainbow has to "work up" to her speed more. Sonic just zips around as a blur from a complete standstill.
>>
>>36401723
They're too autistic to fight, and will just run in circles screaming in hopes that it would scare the other away, then they'll get bored and decide it playing Daytona USA on a Sega Saturn
>>
>>36403294
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pls6OyJpCWg
ROOOLLIINNNG STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART
>>
>>36403307
Oh yeah that's the good shit
>>
>>36401723
I would say Sonic due to more battle experience and fighting opponents that equal if not faster than him.
>>
>>36401723
Just going off of feats from the recent games so you can’t say it’s not canon:
-In Sonic Lost World, the extractor machine was capable of blowing up the Earth. The Eggrobo final boss is powered by the extractor, and Sonic beat it.
Sonic=Planet level
>>
This is, by far, the most autistic thread on the board right now. Also Dash because she has her friends.
>>
>>36405175
>Sonic doesn’t have friends
>>
Who won
https://youtu.be/dZLoDi2mb_0
>>
>>36405234
If you prefer sonic to mlp why are you even here?
>>
>>36405807
I'm not sure how to came to that conclusion when he was just correcting someone
>>
>>36405807
We're discussing character traits, not which franchise is better.

It's silly to bring up friends in an exclusively 1v1 context, though.
>>
>>36405175
there are actual threads dedicated to anons fantasizing about getting chained up by ponies and treated as slaves, getting raped by fluttershy, wanting to be stuffed into a titan-sized pony's butthole, and yet a simple crossover fight between two characters famous for their absurd speed is somehow the most autistic thread on /mlp/?
>>
rainbow dash
>>
is sonic lightning proof?
>>
>>36401723
Friendship would win. As in, they won't fight each other. They will fight the villain of the week.
>>
>>36401723
RD without a contest
>>
File: 2074680.png (2.9 MB, 2107x3160)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB PNG
>>36403234
Rainbow Dash has plenty of her own bullshit acceleration feats too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GddBC_cja0w

In all seriousness, that's like Culture Drone level mobility. Pegasi are fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>36401723
Does Sonic have the chaos emeralds? How about rings?
Because without those, literally one hit from anything kills him.
>>
File: STRAAAANGE ISNT IT.jpg (31 KB, 480x360)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>36406548
Rings are a game mechanic, not an actual measure of Sonic's durability. Most if not all depictions of Sonic outside of gameplay depict him as being able to take a beating without requiring the assistance of any of these "rings". What rings exactly are in the canonical Sonic universe is unclear.
>>
>>36406548
>using fucking game mechanics
Shit man, I guess Mario jobs to touching a single goomba
>>
File: 214158.gif (3.51 MB, 704x390)
3.51 MB
3.51 MB GIF
>>36401723
From what I have seen RD is way better at short bursts of INSANE speed whereas Sonic needs to 'ball up' first. Not to mention that flying is a huge advantage. I am not even sure how much aerial control Sonic has but I am sure once RD tricks him into falling off a cliff or something he might find himself being kicked ever so lovingly into a lake.

At which point Sonic will win because he'll exploit anything to win, even feigning giving up, or becoming friends, or fake-feinting.

Also, when did this old thing get age restricted to the point where you need to show a credit card or government ID ? Fuck you Google. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8er83h9Bbn8
>>
File: 772.gif (1.89 MB, 500x281)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB GIF
>>36407119
While Sonic used to be more momentum-based with his speed in his earlier games, his abilities have evolved to him being able to go insanely fast without needing to gradually gain momentum, granting him the ability to "boost" ever since Sonic Rush. Sonic Unleashed also gives Sonic the ability to quickly zip side-to-side to dodge oncoming obstacles in the form of a "quick step", so he is also capable of short bursts of speed to an extent.

It might be possible to trick Sonic into falling off a cliff, though keep in mind that this dude can run on walls as long as he keeps his momentum going, so he might just end up dashing along the cliffside if he can't stop himself. In regards to aerial movement, Sonic can turn into a ball and force his momentum towards an opponent in the form of a "homing attack". However, this can have its limitations, and I agree that Rainbow would have better control in the air than that of Sonic due to having a pair of wings.

Also, I don't think Sonic would be the type to "exploit anything to win", as I can't really see him faking defeat in order to get the upper hand. Granted, I don't think he'd be too happy about losing, but pulling something like this off sounds too unsportsmanlike of him.
>>
File: 1605771527880.jpg (72 KB, 640x427)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
Sonic would win. Sorry, RD.
>>
>>36401723
Composite sonic is bullshit, he would go through at least 3 transformations if the death battle team had more budget
>>
Sonic is limited to running on surfaces though. Dash can fly, Sonic can't. Plus, pegasi get that weather magic, so feasibly Dash could just push a bunch of clouds together and hit Sonic with lightning. Sanic is fast, but not faster than fucking electricity. Sonic's attacks are CQC. Dash has ranged options. She could just stay a bit away and snipe Sanic with lightning.
>>
File: RD sonic costume.png (408 KB, 800x800)
408 KB
408 KB PNG
>>36407215
>I don't think Sonic would be the type to "exploit anything to win"

Using suicide to get attention
"But that is only on the Sonic CD, that does not count"
He stole and lost the Sword of Acorns
"Archie comics are not canon !"
He spills the beans about Knothole Village over a chilidog ?
"But that is SatAM and he was brain-washed"
Ohkay, but what about that time he put Tails up for adoption ?
"Yeah but he did not do that to 'win' anything"

Ohkay, so maybe I can not prove anything and it is just a gut-feeling. But in the end Equestria is a way more peaceful universe than any universe Sonic was EVER in for a prolonged amount of time. That will put RD at a serious disadvantage no matter how you slice it.
>>
>>36401723
Autism always wins hands down
>>
>>36408254
>SatAM
God damn, it's been a hot minute since I thought about that show. Had most of the first season episodes on VHS at one point.
>>
>>36401723
Dash. IWTCIStH
>>
Rainbow Dash
>>
>>36407691
>Pic
lmao
>>
>>36403206
Mistakes into miracles
>>
>>36401723
Sonic, no question. Even ignoring the speed debates, he's got far more experience actually fighting stuff, and more power-ups and feats of strength/durability across series/iterations. its not really fair to compare them.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.