[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vmg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>EaW
>Mod links
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1826643372
https://www.moddb.com/mods/equestria-at-war
>Wiki
https://equestria-at-war.fandom.com/wiki/Equestria_at_War_Wiki
>New to hoi4
https://equestria-at-war.fandom.com/wiki/New_to_Hearts_of_Iron_4
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs3acGYgI1-v2rWyEDR8Mn3Avf9CxH1s1

>Fallout Equestria: remains
https://empalu.itch.io/fallout-equestria-remains

>Ponyvania
https://gamejolt.com/games/ponyvania/232954

>Sulphur nimbus
https://oddwarg.itch.io/sulphur-nimbus-hels-elixir
http://oddwarg.com/Deployment/Sulphur_Nimbus/

>other mods/games(Noita, Pony Fantasy 6, Legacy of the Pony, Them's Fightin' Herds, Rise of the Clockwork Stallions, Mega Pony Legends of Equestria, besti.love, Story of the Blanks, War of Harmony VI, Minecraft, Dwarf Fortress):
https://pastebin.com/CDqD1U9P
>>
File: ezgif-6-4f1b76bb9127.png (286 KB, 500x670)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
>>35627082
>>
File: starlightrixie.png (626 KB, 1280x1015)
626 KB
626 KB PNG
>>
Are mares for breeding or for soldiers
>>
File: ezgif-7-90451de5e660.png (52 KB, 156x210)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
Threadly reminder that Shinespark is cute!
>>
>>35627297
Repeat of a question I asked in the previous thread, right now the ELO country tag isn't taken, but I just realized Zebrica is coming. Is anyone in this thread an EaW dev, and if so, is the ELO tag taken by a new country in Zebrica? I'm using it for a submod I'm making, and I'd like to not need to rename everything to a different tag.
Also General IDs 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, and 9001, are they taken? I've used them for generals in my submod, are they taken? If they are, again, I'd like to know now so I don't have the general not spawn.
>>
>>35627082
>Fimfiction group
https://www.fimfiction.net/group/212917/equestria-at-war
Last Thread
>>35542044
>>35542044
>>
>>35627390
I am not a dev and don't think any of us are at least for now, devs usually announce themselves when they come here. That being said, in the current version such tag is not used.
>>
>>35627082
>New to hoi4
If you are adding quill's tutorial series there which can definitely intimidate people by its sheer length, then you should add this one too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GufD3sJsgrU
It is better in describing what the actual gameplay is like, without delving too much in details.
>>
Alright
I'm gonna do some more lines and play some EaW
>>
>>35628729
Yes. Play the game and fulfill your destiny. You know what must be done.
Grand Battleplan Changelings
>>
>>35628714
>Kaiserreich
>the best mod
Why are we treating Kaiserreich as the messiah of Hoi4 mods again?
>always have -5382 political power so you can't do anything not included in the focus trees
>always have -100% stability which means your production is shit and you gain even less pp
>bloated focus trees with meaningless focuses like +5% stability
>the game is usually the same, just sit around for 5 years and be bored until germany fights the commies, and after the war nothing happens
> many countries only have 1 (one) path with no choices in their trees.
> Many "alternate" paths are just more of the same with The same set of enemies, allies and general gameplay
>can't even do peace deals normally, it has to use this retarded occupation system with taking a hit to pp (as if you ever had too much pp in kaiserreich) and can't even puppet
>bloated, overcomplicated tech tree
I may be spoiled by EaW, but holy shit, Kaiserreich is the antithesis of fun in most cases.
>>
>>35628764
I won't be able to do shit, but I'll try.
Or maybe I'll do Olenia and try and translate everything to finnish
Fucking hell I can't remember
>>
>>35628780
The main thing about Kaiserreich was being the first total conversion mod for HoI4 which was not horribly made. It became very popular and devs after the recognition, started being lazy or losing the original design vision.
Today, we can see that all fun stuff and hats are getting removed, syndicalism is a pipe dream, Kaiserreich fans and cosplayers are obnoxious and devs do literally anything except for developing and fixing the damn mod. Heck, fans made separate reddit about kaiserreich discussions where larping and shitposting are forbidden and made fun of.
I can't force myself to play it today because it become so bland and buggy in comparison with everything else today. Road to 56 and Hearts of Oak are perfect vanilla plus mods, OWB is nice despite still being in alpha with a lot of additional features and EaW being the most polished mod, as paradox devs noted. Even the Red Flood with its bare-bones but balls to the wall content and being in its pre-alpha glory, still gives more enjoyment then the best mod for HoI4 ever.
>>
>>35628872
It is a real shame that normalfags dismiss EaW as "brony shit" despite it being the best Hoi4 mod (tied with Road to 56).
>>
>>35628961
It's what they've always done. For everything, and for always. They can't see quality if it literally slaps them in the face.
>>
>>35628780
>Dude what if everyone had a civil war?
>>
File: unknown.png (642 KB, 1154x558)
642 KB
642 KB PNG
>>
File: tno.jpg (93 KB, 1200x518)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>35628872
>The main thing about Kaiserreich was being the first total conversion mod for HoI4 which was not horribly made. It became very popular and devs after the recognition, started being lazy or losing the original design vision.
Exactly this, in their quest for "realism" they have made the mod boring as hell
Mark my words once TNO comes out people will realize how shit Kaiserreich actually is.
If it wasn't for EaW being about pastel ponies they already would have discovered how lackluster and barely above vanilla the "best" mod is.
>>
>>35629689
Are they going to have a unique racial tech tree or something?
>Pentarchy of Barrad
Yay.
>>
>>35629754
>New Order
Just a little longer and we will go to SPACE!
>>
>>35629769
See because its actually about humans, it will set the new bar for quality in mods.
People will look at TNO and then back at Kaiserreich and they will realize the truth.
MARS BY 1972 BABY!
>>
File: jet_strike_craft_2.png (338 KB, 542x685)
338 KB
338 KB PNG
Finally a good teaser
Now only for them to expand on magical technologies as well like hovering light tanks that split off around the modern tanks but require crystals and the like
>>
>>35629769
>space
scuse me
what is this about aeiou?
>>
File: glennleak.png (1.38 MB, 2388x2356)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
>>35630473
kek
But if your actually interested its about how John Glenn, the first American in Space, can be a President in TNO.
His focus tree is mainly about S P A C E but he also does a lot of other things like increase social security
>>
>>35630467
>all those resources
are they ramping up the amount the world has, or at least improving the means of getting it late game?
its far too easy to make more mils than the world has of every single resource simultaneously
>>
>>35630486
Exactly my issue, even with improving all infrastructure to level 10 there still isn't enough resources
>>
>>35630507
the vicky system where resources are directly tied to pops in addition to (tech)development was good
>>
>>35630486
We mostly need more general resource extraction decisions
most of them are stuck on 2-3 excavation when higher levels should unlock more of them, for higher costs and times obviously, all over the world
>>
>>35630536
Vicky is infinitely nicer than whatever retarded systems HOI4 has.
>people buy resources domestic first and then global
>HOI4 people export first THEN buy what's left
>so now you have to lose civs or bonuses just to use resources YOU ALREADY FUCKING HAVE
I fucking hate this god fucking damn it
>>
Modelling stream for that pony sims ripoff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW_wv_aq85M
>>
File: 1531559923672.png (608 KB, 848x1216)
608 KB
608 KB PNG
>>35630637
>want to play millennium dawn
>get the binary choices of "export absolutely fucking everything" and "export nothing and everyone hates you forever"
>AI is blatantly coded to buy from absolutely everyone else before it buys from players
>>
Do you guys think this would work well with EaW?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2116886949
>>
>>35631092
I dunno, I think it would fuck up the balance and ironically make the Empire more overpowered then it already is.
>>
>>35630741
Whoa, are we finally about to get pony models better than these putrid, disgusting SFM ones? Very nice.
>>
File: hoi4_32.png (851 KB, 1170x792)
851 KB
851 KB PNG
>>
>>35631092
Cool.
>>
File: hoi4_34.png (3.06 MB, 1920x1080)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB PNG
>>
>>35628764
I don't know, is this a viable strategy or just "big brain" moment?
>>
>>35634199
I do not know why but the faces of those two generals remind me of Tag and Bink from Star Wars comics.
Also interesting in what state they will eventually release Zebrica. Will we get all of their majors and other minor countries would be getting the content eventually? Or we will wait long enough to get focus trees for everyone? Wishful thinking, I know.
>>
Have somebody tried to mod Stardew Valley? Can townfolks be replaced with ponies?
>>
>>35634672
I know there are mods to replace the dog with a pony. Not sure about other ones.
>>
File: squatapul.png (158 KB, 1234x1024)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>35634672
If I remember correctly, the footprint for PCs and NPCs is too small to implement ponies at a size that is still somewhat in line with the rest of the environment. You can theoretically mod them in but you'd end up with squatponies at best.
>>
>>35634672
There were some last thread
>>
>>35635265
Neat, but I didn't mean the mounts. I mean replace all the humans with ponies, so you can marry a mare.
>>
File: unknown.png (544 KB, 1117x918)
544 KB
544 KB PNG
>>
I heard that the riverlands 2.0 update is coming out within a month. What are your hopes? Expectations? Fears?
>>
>>35636554
Press X to doubt
Anyway that would be cool I guess, personally I'll be busy with TNO but I hope they add more resources to the Riverlands
>>
File: unknown.png (70 KB, 346x391)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>
>>35636103
>Pony Suffrage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQJQ--T4U0c
>>
>>35637521
cringe
>>
>>35636554
I hope that mgic systems for Barrad and Wittenland will turn out to be a base on which other magic heavy countries like Firtree, Angry Celestial Deity Empires, Dread League and more will get expanded magical arsenal
>>
If every race got it's own mechanical unit in vein of tanks what would be good fits in your opinion?
Things like ponies getting baloons that evolve into might magical floating battle platforms or changelings getting stealth tanks that eventually become outright invisible so they have defensive tanks
Things like this, preferably better than mine too
>>
>>35636103
Harmonic Longsword? Could be interesting with a supremecists Lake City and Empire sandwitching you.
>>
>>35636554
>What are your hopes?
A lot of good content for Deponya and Ponaidhean. Expanded Diamond Mountain with more Dwarf Fortress references alongside with fun Bakara because they were proud of putting 300+ focuses for them alone. Very secret, RNG dependent and very cursed on it own event chain for marriage between River Swirl and Wingfried.
>Expectations?
Not horrible Bakara, barebones Deponya, tolerable communist routes.
>Fears?
Not self aware communist routes, recreation of Russian Revolution in Deponya, boring and padded Bakara or any other nation, retconned Ponaidhean lore, gutted Heavenly Snow's "Pony on the Griffon Throne" route.
>>
>>35636554
>What are your hopes?
More stuff for sensible changeling island.
>Expectations?
Some nation I really don't care about gets 90% of the new content because it's somebody's OC waifu.
>Fears?
Shitty focus trees that force you to go in a direction you don't want to.
>>
>>35638361

>spoiler
How can one man be so mad yet so based?
>>
>>35637833
I remember old teaser for Wittenland's magic mechanic. They had a nuke spell.
>>
>>35636103
>War against corruption
>War against extremism
whynotboth.jpg
>>
>>35638656
Incredibly based
>>
>>35639782
I suppose the idea is that you need one to break the other
>>
>>35630467
Nice.
>>
>>35639782
True.
>>
>>35627082
So what are your favourite paths anons? mine is monarchist aquelia and facist flowena
>>
As Shinespark is it better to keep low ponypower for that event that gives free PP/ponypower or just raising your population endlessly through crystal feedback loop?
>>
If anyone is interested TNO releases in less than 10 minutes on steam
https://www.webcountdown.net/?a=2vFVnjG&k=ivkR
>>
>>35641080
Neat, in that case I should be able to download it from skymods in a couple of hours. I fully expect it to be awful.
>>
File: GLENN.png (1.89 MB, 1947x1422)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
>>35641080
LETS GOOOO MARS BY 1972 BABY!!!!
>>
>>35640929
I really like supremacist Longsword. The blackpilled bandit waifu is great. Organ harvesting, drugs, enslaving all illiterates, looking for military talent by organising civilian shooting competitions. Also a nice set of romance events with Sunstriker. Might not be the most exciting country to play, but it definitely has lots of soul.
>>
>>35640929
Non-aligned Longsword is quite fun with expansionist riverponies.
>>
>>35636103
Nice.
>>
Bnump
>>
>>35641080
ITS FUCKING BRIGHT
>>
>>35641008
Take the political power, you can use it to get more ponypower than the event would give you. The exception is when you have a huge ponypower deficit and can't raise the dead, so you take the ponypower to get yourself back in the loop.
>>
>>35639933
Does this mean that harmonic government keeps the black cloaks for a token villains/racists and enlists their help to get rid of greedy bureaucrats? Sounds fun.
>>35641933
I do not like the portrait for the not-aligned leader. It is those chins. Feathers do not work like this. It feels like he is wearing a skin suit or something.
>>
>>35640929
Harmonic Brodfeld.

Just getting it is a journey.
>>
>>35641080
>Dark map screen forcing you to rise the gamma and then burning your eyes when you open any tab.
>That production screen
>That research screen
>All those missing loc files
>All this drama and DMCA
Writing seems pretty cool and the focus icons are very stylish. All those additional laws, development levels and budget features are nice.
>>
>>35643582
It seems so much was cut for this release, plus all theses problems goddamn.
Still pretty cool, playing Burgerman right now and keeping Germany chugging along
>>
Bump
>>
>>35641008
Better to use PP for industrialization and getting all advisors. Loop requires 50pp and is for mid-/lategame when PP is lesser of your concerns.
>>
>>35630741
I didn't know that it still alive. I thought it was abandoned just like all those 3D Fallout Equestria games.
>>
File: unknown.png (1.46 MB, 1920x1080)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>
>>35645597
Very nice
>>
>>35645597
Is it just me or are tactical bombers fucking garbage? They aren't good at strat bombing, they shit at air support.
You are always better off specking into either cas or strat bombers.Are they the ultimate noob bait?
>>
>>35645755
its just you desu
I've never had trouble evaporating enemy divisions with mass tacs
You are upgrading them properly, right?
>>
>>35645597
Ah yes, more air!
>>
>>35645755
Tac bombers are for large air zones or places with shit infrastructure, so you can cover the whole air zone and/or put them well away from the front so they're not operating with supply or mission efficiency penalties. If neither of those are concerns, then CAS is always superior.
As for strat bombing missions, I don't know--never bothered with it personally. I'm sure it has some niche value but I prefer to use the time and IC spent researching and making strat bombers and heavy fighters into winning the tactical advantage in light fighters instead.
>>
>>35645928
>strat bombing
Tacticals are good in base game for Germany in multiplayer but dedicated CAS or Strategic Bombers are always better
>>
Bump
>>
>>35634199
When did Hippogriffia come out?
>>
>>35645755
They are versatile - their main strength. Shit airbases? CAS can't reach the front? Deploy some TACs in the capital and enjoy. Pesky lvl 10 fort, but your only strat bombers are trophies? Deploy some tacs for a week or two, they'll do the job. Need to hunt down the shitty sub fleet? Throw a tac wing over the sea, they'll deal with it. They're mediocre at everything, but they allow you to ignore whole branches of air tech, and never switching around means that you can produce them in great quantities. Plus, if you have the mils for it, you can fill all frontline airfields with cas and have the tacs assist them from the further airfields.
>>
>>35647036
It is a teaser, anon. Zebrica isn't out.
>>
>>35645755
I miss the days when Heavy fighters could perform air support missions. Sink all my air xp for them to be decent as fighters and as cas, and never produce any other type of plane.
>>
>>35647036
Never. That is just testing.
>>
>>35647578
Yeah their the jack of all trades, if you don't have the industry for multiple different aircraft then Tacs are pretty good
These vids are fairly out of date but they can show you the POWA of tac bombers
>https://youtu.be/z-n2YvEj6cI
>https://youtu.be/OC8lP8_S9yk
>>
Not really MLP related but has anyone been enjoying TNO mod?
>>
>>35647821
I have very mixed feelings about it. So far I played as the tsar and burgundy. On one hand, I love the aesthetics and the general dystopian/apocalyptic feel everything has. All the flarour, quotes after each country being annexed, it all feels extremely appealing to me. And then there are the wild countries like burgundy and drilewagner which are very cool. It is also quite impressive that they managed to stretch the content out for so many years. All the different mechanics, effects, decisions usually work well and surprisingly aren't too bloated.

On the other hand, I find it very annoying how horribly scripted everything is. You can't even change the laws without a focus to do it! I had to rely on waiting a year to get enough manpower by passive growth at one point because the game wouldn't let me change the conscription law. All the diplomacy options are blocked, You can only do what the tree allows. This is a big issue for me, but definitely not as bad as kaiserreich since the paths in TNO are actually fun. The ui, while generally cool can be absolutely eye-blistering and confusing sometimes, especially for research. This effectively greatly reduces replay value since things mostly happen in the same way.
So yeah, I really like and dislike it at the same time. I still think EaW is significantly more fun.
>>
File: nixon_tree.png (3.64 MB, 6601x1541)
3.64 MB
3.64 MB PNG
>>35647821
Meh this is also a game general these days, not just EaW
Anyways I kinda like it, I played Usa and I'm on Borman right now, but just looking at the Dev Diaries and the US Nixon focus you can see SO much has been cut out.
I don't blame the devs since I thought TNO would never release but still it feels so empty right now in the game.
Once more updates come out I think it will be the best hoi4 mod out there but rn its just feels like a dead world, ya know?
>>35647863
I'm a long time fan so I knew what I was getting into but its nice to hear a perspective from a normal hoi4 player, you should know TNO is more a narrative CYOA/Visual Novel than an actual Hoi4 Mod.
Still I agree that its not very optimized right now, hopefully they change things next update
Fuck Kaiserreich so fucking boring, I hope with TNO everyone realizes how shit it always was.
>>
>>35647988
What do you mean so much has been cut out. Was the USA tree supposed to be bigger?
>>
File: 20200722203645_1.jpg (370 KB, 1920x1080)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>35648170
That is the USA initial tree during development, that is what its supposed too look like.
This pic is what we got, things got cut to make the dead line of 7/21, but I assume they will be added at a later update
Specifically note the "Cold War" in this pic>>35647988
Vs the one we got
>>
TNO is funner as a narrative than a game and it seems like it would really prosper as more of a visual novel with a simplified map/war system coded around it.
>>
>>35648238
Looks cool.
>>
>>35648660
Yeah still, its a shame they cut out the Triumvirate CIA stuff
>>
>>35627082
Just installed the updated DF mod for 44.7 and my ponies dont seem to have access to shovels, and the tool category is full of various instrument parts
>>
>>35648686
Which mod are you playing exactly?
>>
>>35648689
My Little Fortress 2 Electric Boogaloo
>>
>>35648703
Are you sure you are using the right version?
Mod was updated to run with v47.04. And shovels? I didn't know they were in a base game.
Or it is like the constructable apple trees? A thing from ancient base pony mod with no functionality behind it?
>>
Bump
>>
>>35648238
the mod is interesting but the colour scheme is pure fucking agony
>>
i have question for people who mods are making submods. How hard is fix or get up to date with new update. for example if paradox would realised another DLC with 1.10 version. how hard for newbie moder is find problem and fix it so it could run on newest version. I starting get on some basic coding and i m thinking about submod but fact that with new update could be whole mod fucked, hunts me in the night.
>>
>>35649878
I doubt there are any mod makers here, better to ask somewhere else like Paradox forums
>>
>>35650208
There have been at least three:
>The guy who made modern industry base mod for hillpony countries for earlier versions of the EaW.
>The guy who was making Twilight breakaway state.
>Griffonia at War dev.
>>
File: unknown.png (1.17 MB, 1966x948)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
Find what's wrong with this image
>>
File: unknown.png (160 KB, 511x512)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>>35650327
But at least there's some sillver lining
>Communalist
>>
>>35650327
Communists not stamping out religion?
>>
>>35650302
Cyrus himself bothered to visit us once like 2 threads ago, though I wouldn't count on him coming back anytime soon.
>>
File: unknown.png (1.66 MB, 1920x1080)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
>>
>>35650327
GLA goes after the nobles but allies with the clergy? Which you know, kind of the rulers themselves?
>>
>>35650302
>>35650369
I'm still here. I've been working on the twiggles breakaway for a while now. I'm the one asking about the country tags, and the general IDs, cuz I'm autistic as fuck about naming conventions, so all my focuses and events and shit right now have got the ELO Twilight country tag in front of em, and before I go any further I'd like to make sure ELO isn't already taken, so if I have to rename the tags I'm not digging through that much more stuff to rename. I am not associated with actual EaW devs at all. I just woke up one day and decided that it was way too easy to capture Twilight as the Solar Empire. I mean, Nightmare Moon is not quite Daybreaker power level, but if Daybreaker were weakened...

So yeah, to reiterate, does anyone know anything about general ID's being taken? ID 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005, 1006, and 9001. Is the ELO country tag taken? Cyrus, if you're here, are those tags taken?
>>
>>35650556
You know that you can just check the Zebrica git's tag list, right?
>>
>>35650602
Where is that? I genuinely have no clue.
>>
>>35650621
Consider googling EaW's github page maybe?
I assume you can navigate the branches at least
>>
>>35650636
I think that's just the public release, AKA no zebs.
>>
File: branches.png (5 KB, 350x161)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>35650681
Are you retarded perchance anon?
>>
File: fce.png (1.03 MB, 1920x1080)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>35650752
>Are you retarded perchance anon?
Where do you think we are?
>>
>>35650752
Yes i am retarded as it turns out, I was looking in the master folder. yeah i think I'm good then.
>>
>>35650444
Cool.
>>
>>35650327
cyrille still doesn't get extra research slots
>>
>>35651007
Who needs research slots when you can get a cute, blue queen of griffonstone
>>
>>35651007
Extra slots are shit
I want nation that gets less research slots over tie in exchange for good buffs instead like Equalist Blackhollow
>>
>>35650481

I can only assume it's because they don't want to make the peasants they're liberating too upset, but historically, Commies will absolutely kill off the clergy, too. All old social conditions must be abolished if Communism is to succeed, so said Disappointing Santa. That, and you can't have religion and Communism, as Communism is a religion in its own right.
>>
>>35651100
But... slots... it feels good to have them.
>>
>>
>>35652246
I-is she alright?
>>
>>35652246
>The gods were not pleased with her offering of music
>>
>>35652254
yeah she's fine dont worry bout it
>>
File: 3000hours.png (113 KB, 781x728)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
shinespark is cute. CUTE!
>>
>>35652349
Indeed.
>>
>>35652349
She really needs to have some ways of improving her decisions, or at least making conversion automatic
>>
>>35652598
Agree.
>>
Yo does anyone have any of the besti keys now that they moved off patreon and yiff.party doesn't work?
>>
>>35652349

Based and shinespark-pilled.
>>
>>35652246
What game is that?
>>
>>35653448
Noita, it's in the filename, anon, come on now.
>>
>>35652349
Very cute indeed
>>
>>35652246
AAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>35650556
Dude do you know anything about this >>35649878
Is it hard to update mod to newest version ?
>>
Bump
>>
File: 2t9seucg5qa51-min.png (3.42 MB, 5000x3300)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB PNG
>>
>>35655774
Short and Chubby
>>
>>35655774
Pony wine glasses should be much longer if they are to be held in hooves. Also nice to see some good art that isn't just Rosa.
>>
>>35655774

So who that boi
>>
File: River_Breeze.png (48 KB, 156x210)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>35656376
The pony leader from hellquill, River Breeze. You can get him if you pick the republic.
>>
File: hoi4_52.png (49 KB, 343x248)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>
Finna post a sub-optimal timeline
>>
>>35655068
>>
File: hoi4_2.jpg (174 KB, 960x540)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>35657021

Alright, I'd say I'd drop it, so here's the #2 worst timeline, with #1 being the Meme League's dream achieved.

Buggbutt also has a -40000+ malus from her love defecit, much like Nazi Germany had severe shortages of everything. I'd consider "liberating" Equus, but the game's chuggin' real bad and I don't want to spend three more days fighting some other fucker.
>>
>>35654583
Depends on the update, and some stuff isn't always necessary. Generally the core stuff is fine. I started modding a week before La Resistance came out, and there weren't really any changes that affected me too much. For example, La Resistance gives you focus tree filters like pp or research boosts, but you don't need to put in the filters in your focuses if you're too lazy. I don't always put them in because I'm just trying to write out the loc file first.

The stuff to watch out for is new features. La Resistance gave armored cars and spy planes, so you might want to add a research boost for that. If you're modding changelings, for instance, you might want to expand on the spying that La Resistance gave. But generally, if you don't update for that new stuff the old stuff you put in will still work, you just might not be able to enjoy new features, such as blueprint stealing as the changelings for instance.
From what little I know of the actual EaW mod team, apparently the changes for Man The Guns was a nightmare. If you're a submodder, the core stuff is taken care of by the main modders, the actual EaW people, lucky bastards we are we don't have to worry about that. Worst case scenario we can copy and paste.

Apart from the above, the only thing you need to change is the version number in the descriptor file in your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Hearts of Iron IV/mod folder and the folder containing your mod. Just changing the version number should save your mod. I use the dowser PDX launcher, it tells me when I'm out of version. If something in your mod doesn't work with the new version, literally cut and paste folders out, then put them back in to find the specific folder, then part, that's breaking your mod.
>>
>>35657571
TL;DR, generally not hard to update
>>
File: unknown.png (1.11 MB, 1355x511)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>
File: unknown.png (113 KB, 523x275)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>
File: ocn2f7fjwom41.png (968 KB, 1065x602)
968 KB
968 KB PNG
>>35657021
>>35657511
Incorrect worst timeline is Mare Soc and the Baltimare SESR
>>
bump
>>
>>35658046
Faction I wanna play most as.
>>
>>35660227

R O M A U
D E L E N D A
E S T
>>
In preparation for Riverland 2.0 with it's improved Bakara and Zebrica further into the future consider watching this nice tutorial on naval aspects of HoI4 by the dude who managed navy during that stream involving the devs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLGeVlMQOfo
>>
>>35660895
Nice, navy was always a bitch for me.
>>
What happened to that guy who was making a Rimworld pony mod? Any progress?
>>
>>35660895
>In preparation for Riverland 2.0 with it's improved Bakara and Zebrica further into the future
What? Why link that video? I don't think the devs are revamping naval warfare, plus Bakara's navy is more important politically than in actual gameplay.
You might use it once against WNG, maybe.
>>
>>35660895
Nice
>>
File: 2020-07-25_23.07.29.png (2.61 MB, 1666x1026)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB PNG
A FoE submod teaser coming up
>>
>>35661419
Cool beans I know nothing of FO Equestria but more mlp mods is always good
>>
>>35661465
The story in FoE is not the best. Just think of it as ponies in Fallout 3 continuity with some inspirations from the first game.
>>
>>35661419
I hope the writing is okay and the choices are more flexible than in OWB because if it follows only the "established canon" than the guy becomes deranged and crushes and burns everything what he achieved beforehand.
>>
>>35661965
>The story in FoE is not the best.
I know thats why I don't read it or want to find anything more about it
>>
>>35662364
There is actually a pretty nice thing, if you are interested:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ywwzsBKN9cNvxTmfzEfON_qVVqr0FR4t2v4Za_nHo4w/edit
>>
File: image0-1.jpg (963 KB, 3508x2480)
963 KB
963 KB JPG
>>35662342
From what I've seen there will be quite a bit of flexibility, with each country having at least 2 different routes. Oh, and littlepip's event chain will have like 50 events.
>>
>>35661096
Just because it will be mostly political thing doesn't mean you shouldn't at least attempt to understand it, it would be like playing Haukland without understanding air
>>
>>35661419
Never read FoE, but the Remains game was quite good so I'm hopeful for this.
... as long as it's not 99% furfags-with-beak content like in EaW.
>>
>>35658046
>Not Colthagian Empire.
>>
File: SMS Bayern.jpg (951 KB, 1280x800)
951 KB
951 KB JPG
>>35661096
>>35662725
I JUST WANT TO USE BATTLESHIPS FOR GODS SAKE!
>>
File: kasa_history_teaser.png (1.24 MB, 1139x729)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>
>>35663940
Their really hyping up this nation.
>>
>>35664201
>>35663940
They really are and... I havent seen anything interesting to me yet. So far it just seems like a generic wholesome 100 republic. I hope there will be at least one very edgy or otherwise very interesting path to justify the hype.
>>
>>35664801
Same
>>
>>35664801
I kinda like them so far. I'm sure they'll do interesting things with them.
>>
>>35652246
Where did you get this mod? the only pony mod I can find doesn't have Lyra
>>
>>35665812
It might be the developer of that very mod, since he's been sharing his progress on this board
>>
>>35665974
oh my bad, I haven't been here in a while
>>
I decided to play France in Rt56 to try out the free-france stuff. It reminded me how crushing being a government in exile is. Dropped off just before I could properly get to resisting.

My question for thread being, what do you think they could do to revamp it in EaW? Granted I think one of EaW's problems is that it's not really built for wars of attrition in which you'd get to play as governments in exile.

First thing they should do is give your exiled divisions to you first, rather than the faction leader- because it means you can't edit your exiled divisions, or combine them if they are low on manpower. Secondly I think they should let you get off-map factories so you aren't entirely reliant on lend-lease from AI that might not have or give what you need. To balance this, have it scale with legitimacy- with two military, two civilian, and one dockyard at max legitimacy. The Civilian factories would be for buying resources for your factories, or oil for fuel for your boats and planes (which you can't lend out to someone else if you want to use them). In a poland game I couldn't run my boats or planes because I had no oil, and I couldn't get lend-leased fuel from the UK. Nations that expect to be put in exile (like Poland) could get extra off map factories from focuses.

Lastly they could take advantage of the spy game and let you run missions in your core territories to try to smuggle weapons, or old ships, or manpower out to you.

Thoughts?
>>
>>35666115
Its paradox, there are few devs with more contempt for their playerbase than them
Rephrase it in a way that lets them charge 25 dollars for it as a dlc and they'll consider stealing a mod that uses that idea
>>
>>35666115
Good thoughts, I would say since EaW has so many shitty small nations, perhaps add a focus to some of them that would only trigger if their capitulated
>>
>>35666136
Maybe it could be one of the repeatable focuses? But then it'd be real easy to abuse.

How about if they were decisions? When you are in exile you get a set of decisions for off map factories, at base level you can only do one, and unlock an extra one per legitimacy level. That way the system is a bit more balanced, and it's more customizable-

So say if you had a large remnant navy you could unlock the dockyard first, or otherwise choose between getting a civilian factory or military factory first. The Decision might take 60-70 days to complete, so it takes longer to unlock the full ammount of offmap factories.

Then again, as I said EaW isn't designed as much around long wars of attrition, so maybe staggering it out like that wouldn't be the best idea.
>>
>>35666115
Could work for something like Equestria and New Mareland or River Republic.
>>
>>35666115
I consider EaW submodding to be kind of hard to pull out, because of the whole OC-fest thing. There is no guarantees that the author of some particular nation would not start raging because his carefully made and written Coldsteel the Griffon got shafted or portrayed as an incompetent buffoon. Looking at you, Skynavia.
There are a lot of nations begging for the overhaul but just making them "interesting" by gifting them a lot of bonus factories and free wargoals is not the best course of action. It's not OWB, or something. I am more interested in them being more fleshed out and giving them alliances with their neighbors, making them interact with each other with events and desicions, no need for factions, just the mutual guarantees of independence. I wonder if this is possible to hardcode the trading agreement via focuses or decisions, and giving the resources of small, not developed nations who can't effectively use them yet and giving them bonus factories to boost their growth?
But I admit, the total conversions are just so tempting.
Imagine "EaW: Red Flood edition": Bakaran boatfuckers are actual boatfuckers with the cult of rowing, Archibald makes Gryffonian Equestria and going to war with actual Equestria because they need to steal the pony princess to rule over them, Hempstrand's Farbrook kind of succeeded by forming the cannibal tribe who "bring Utopia" to others by eating them, Greneclyf is one giant island spanning metropolis with the blackjack and hookers for every creatures taste, Starlight finding a way to bestow gryffon the stolen cutie mark and real Grogar chilling in Pingland and thinking "where did it all go wrong?".
>>
>>35666725
Yea, Griffonia at War's Arantigua has only 1 path and is kinda op.
>>
>>35666830
That's incorrect, anon. Aratigos can die when searching for the idol and a few new paths will be opener up.
>>
>>35667039
Huh, I thought only your leader changes.
>>
>>35664201
Yeah, it seems like the Gryffonian Republic all over again.
>>
>>35663729
No.
Submarines only.
>>
>>35668015
Super heavy battleship spam is best.
>>
>>35663940
Is that supposed to be their Epic of Gilgamesh or something?
>>
>>35668384
Do you think we’ll see 2nd gen super heavy bbs like we had pre-MTG? I know they’re expanding the tech tree.
>>
>>35668677
God I hope so, I miss pre MTG navies
>>
File: unknown.png (414 KB, 1329x731)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
>>
>>35668856

I would 100% that deer.
>>
File: unknown.png (203 KB, 854x541)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
>>
>>35666725
I know what you mean- I see so many submods that try to make nations just mindlessly blob out- which of course kills any interesting potential, as they'll just end up mindlessly declaring war on majors and losing, and doing nothing.

The Shi Reloaded mod does this in OWB. Every path just ends with them trying to conquer California, which is really dumb. I think a good submod does better if they offer different playstyles. Poland's focus they get in their DLC is a good example- being forced to sacrifice half their land to the soviets, or the nazis to safeguard them against the other, or trying to gamble on the West, or forming their own minor coalition.
>>
Bump
>>
>>35669319
This.
>>
>>35668856
Interesting
>>
>>35669319

I suppose it all depends on what you might consider "interesting." Some folks want to war against the world and paint the map their color, others want a narrative that enthralls them. Others still just want their beep-boop battleboats, damnit.
>>
>>35668936
The puppet dev strikes back.
>>
>>35668856
Is that an IRL photo background on a deer's picture? It looks very off.
>>
>>35670594
I want a combination of both.
>>
>>35668856
Is that why Barrad is still worked on?
They are making RPG out of it?
>>
>>35671266
RPG Barrad sounds interesting.
>>
To the anon making the Noita mod, how long will it take to have it updated for the new version that just came out?
>>
>>35670044
>>
>>35668856
To be fair, out of the entire region I am only looking forward to playing Barrad.
>>
>>35672281
Have no hope for deers?
>>
File: hoi4_8.png (1.68 MB, 1247x672)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
>>
>>35672354
Odd mechanics.
>>
>>35672354

Oh, hey, is that Zeeb Gaddafi?
>>
Bump
>>
>>35672743
Zeeb Gaddafi
Zeeb Gaddafi
Zeeb Gaddafi
>>
>>35672354
>North Zebrican Liberation Front
>Not the Liberation Front of North Zebrica

Dumped.
>>
>>35673745
>>
>>35674489
Any release date for Zebrica?
>>
>>35662708
Hat is good.
>>
>>35675117
Definitely not this year.
>>
>>35653504
wouldnt it be funny if the tiny celestial object[/spolier] would reseble celestia's butthocks?
>>
File: harmonyspell4m.webm (2.72 MB, 640x360)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB WEBM
>>35665812
>>35666016
Yeah Im the creator of that mod, I was just posting some shitposts with Lyra as I was working on her.
I just updated it publically, so Lyra is now available if you want her.
https://modworkshop.net/mod/26534

I also added Shinespark that the anon here made, one other bonus pony who I added for personal reasons, and one new spell I made that turns every enemy on screen into stone.
>>
>>35675117
>>35675530
I would rather know when the fucking riverlands 2.0 will be released. Its should be this month but its almost august.
>>
>>35675922
Music is scary
>>
>>35675922
welp, time to jump back into Noita. Thanks for updating, Anon!
>>
>>35675992
Each new update feels smaller and smaller anyway.
I can wait for complete 1.8 with a lot of content, then 1.7.7.5.41.38d
>>
>>35675117
>>35675530
>>35675992
Who knows? All the big mods are releasing this year so I would assume EaW would want to capitalize on that
>>
File: unknown.png (463 KB, 1324x437)
463 KB
463 KB PNG
>>
>>35676633
is this one of the small neighbours of wingbardy? i think i recognize the yellow griffon
>>
File: p3e99ldvh8b51.png (382 KB, 653x466)
382 KB
382 KB PNG
>>35676371
What mods? All I know of is TNO
>>
>>35676663
TWR should be out in August.
Red World was forked and updated by fans.
Godspeed and Darkest Hour maybe at the end of this year?
>>
>>35676996
Also Calm Before The Storm
CBT is coming out in October
>>
>>35627161
Emotional sustenance for my glorious cheeselegged overlord
>>
>>35628780
>Why are we treating Kaiserreich as the messiah of Hoi4 mods again?
soon all will realise that New Order is best
>>
>>35677362
The New Order seems to have worse autism than Kaisserreich does. Kaisserreich has a serious problem of trying to be cute, and pretending it's hard alt-history. The New Order seems to have the same problem but with Nazis, which is worse by several degrees. Also that UI is the goddamn ugliest I've ever seen.

How's it actually play? Kaisserreich's other serious problem is that there's no early game build-up stage, and countries are so balkanized your typically forced to play only infantry, and you'll be lucky to even field artillery.
>>
>>35656277
>if they are to be held in hooves
the social order goes
earth ponies < pegasi <<<<<<<<< unicorns < alicorns
from dirt they come and to dirt they will return, why would anyone waste perfectly good wine on them is beyond me
>>
>>35656423
>You can get him if you pick the republic.
the darkest timeline, who will rise up to defeat the pony menace if not hellquil?
>>
>>35677362
God I hope so, have you heard the Kaiserreich devs are trying to ban Kaiserdux?
>>
>>35677391
>The New Order
>pretending it's hard alt-history but with nazis
I am certain they are not going for a serious approach, I mean the partially drained meditarrenian, the giant hole in the kongo and the mad russian scientist should kind of give that away.
I am worried about TNO, I mean it looks and feels great, however if it turns into a lightnovel disguised as a grand strategy game it might get old really fast.

>How's it actually play?
There is certainly a great variety and every nation with a focus tree is at least allowed some potential, however I haven't experimented enough to be certain, the fact that so many aspects are gated behind focuses makes it very difficult for a nation to live up to its potential, like war economy etc.
>Kaisserreich's other serious problem is that there's no early game build-up stage,
depends on the nation you are playing as from my experience, I generally have no problem to field artilery and gobbel up some land. The things that annoy me about Kaiserreich are 1 it runs like shit and 2 almost everyone ends up joining the Entente or the Reichspakt, which is not only dumb from a realism perspective, but it also takes all the fun out of playing beyond your focus tree, especially given how stale and immovable the frontline gets in europe and again the game will have slowed down to a crawl.
>>35677525
I asumed it to be a largely unsubstantiated rumor or at least I hope it is.
>>
File: 4kuxxfv1dmd51.png (61 KB, 1906x83)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>35677545
>I asumed it to be a largely unsubstantiated rumor or at least I hope it is.
>>
File: 1576218768725.png (305 KB, 535x400)
305 KB
305 KB PNG
>>35677546
I always knew that Kaiserreich devs where a bunch of cucks given how angsty they react to Wehrmacht and Prussian military symbolism, their fagotry is quite possibly only second to Paradox itself, but they can at least partially be excused for being stationed in scandinavia.
>>
>>35677546
Who that?
>>35677582
Yeah they are so elitist fuckers think they are the only mod people play
>>
File: unknown-5.png (707 KB, 1231x649)
707 KB
707 KB PNG
>>35677431
Based and unicornpilled
>>
File: unknown-1.png (126 KB, 632x571)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
Make a meme from this template, /mlp/!

>>35677438
God damn it, who let Wingfried into my pony thread?
>>
File: o15b5sjvtg851.png (1.1 MB, 2500x1783)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>35677767
You too will soon embrace your griphonian overlords
>>
File: Spoiler Image (240 KB, 632x571)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
>>35677767
I hope this will be an option at least
>>
>>35677876
Good shit
>>35677804
Saw it on plebit before
>>
>>35676633
Hmm i trough they dont wanna make custom focus tree for those wingbardy and aquileian puppet nations
>>
Uhh where can I get this game and mod?
>>
>>35678015
>Game
Either buy it and pirate the DLC or pirate the whole thing
https://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=65592
For some reason EaW is kept being updated on ModDB so you can get it there
For other mods use https://steamworkshopdownloader.io/
>>
>>35678086
Also, make sure you always have the newest version if you are pirating, EaW is wholly incompatibile with any older versions.
>>
Anonfilly was added in update 1.7.7 and I need to know where to find her.
>>
>>35679110
Could just be a joke.
>>
>>35677546
I knew that they tampered with common files for no apparent reason every major release to make submods incompatible but this is some new format of dickery. Which I can't understand because you need a base KR to run KX. Your "number one mod" still gets downloaded, whats wrong with that? And do they really think that the development will stop if they took down the discord?
>>
>>35679110
I found her in my last game. I think she was added as an Equestrian General you get when you unlock the new generals- either Equestria or the Solar Empire.

She's a level 1 general, with the trickster trait, and the unique imbecile trait, which is an all around negative.
>>
>>35677545
You know it's kinda funny I had the opposite problem in my last game. I played as free-france in Road to 56. Things went reasonably well, with me getting kicked out of europe in 1940, though I had some issues with my focus tree, I was able to get around them with some console commands. What went screwy was that the Chinese United Front managed to stop the Japanese at the yellow river meaning that Japan was never a serious threat meaning no real pacific front, in fact they managed to retake Beijing on their own, and when Japan did declare on the allies, they were pretty easily taken out by the British and Australians. The USA also joined the Allies apropos of nothing, which was great for the allies, but rather defeated the point of playing as Free France. I was halfway through retaking my african colonies when D-Day happened, and I couldn't partake- the war ultimately ended in 1943 before I even finished the Free France tree. Though it meant a free Poland, Yugoslavia and Bulgaria though.
>>
File: tribe.png (956 KB, 1522x596)
956 KB
956 KB PNG
>>35679483
Still better than Northern Tribes.
>>
>>35677973
Why not? It sounds fun to play as them. Like the eyepatched one.
The main problem comes from the difficulty of pulling it out because I suspect it is going to be another "Griffonian Empire steamrolls every vassal with cool content" episode.
>>
>>35679519
So... pony habsburgs?
>>
>>35679700
If only.
They are just a fodder for the Glorious Skynavia. They are intentionally made to lose.
>>
>>35679705
That is sad. Storywise Skynavia is boring.
>>
>>35679756

Remember that map that showed the GLA as the "Griffon Will Army?" What do y'all think that might have been? Strasserists? Some kind of stratocratic junta? Gommies with some slightly more unique lore?
>>
>>35677438
based
>>
>>35679772
Prywhen was made by an unironic commie, what did you expect? It is obvious it would be generic "muh revolution" gommie wish fulfillment.
>>
File: 1458692221552.png (377 KB, 602x662)
377 KB
377 KB PNG
If you're wanting the game on it's own without have to resort to key resellers, Humble's currently got it as part of a bundle with a few other Paradox games for like 1 USD

Otherwise, good hunting.
>>
>>35679914
this mod really suffers on biased autism of some of their creators. Specially the commies
>>
>>35677876
>I hope this will be an option at least
What do you mean? Inviting Shinespark to Wittenland if she fails in Firtree?
>>
>>35680159
Marriage union that conquers wide swaths of land
Though your idea is pretty cool too
>>
>>35679772
I still wander about the name change. It sounds much better then Liberation Front.
And it also doesn't give enough implications about the ideology. It sounds more like a territory of "old ways" warlord.
>>
I posted a thread yesterday gauging interest in an /mlp/ gmod server and a few Anons seemed keen. I might have a go at setting one up and planning a specific time for people to join, but before I do is there anyone here with more experience making servers/interest in joining who would rather start one off?
>>
>>35680104
Another reason why TNO is superior, but unlike Kaiserreich which claims to be hard alternative history I can excuse personal bias and OC faggotry as long as it is decently well executed
>>
>>35680415
>TNO
>Superior to EaW
I mean, sure, that is if you don't actually like playing hoi4 and don't mind it being extremely linear.
>>
>>35680563
EaW suffers in my opinion from the fact that it is to similair to base HoI4, meaning that by the time you have mastered one you are already god tier in the other, that is not including all the way you can abuse the AI or cheese the game.
>don't actually like playing hoi4
I wouldn't say that is necessarily true, that being said I do enjoy how TNO is at least trying something different, even if it feels highly scripted, I don't think that is a bad thing.
The thing with a large sandbox like EaW is that I often find myself in a position where I am completly over powered, with only my willingness to stick with a save file once there are no more events to experience preventing me from completing a world conquest, just because I am free who to attack or invade next does not necessariyl make it more exciting.
tl;dr TNO greatly benefits from being the new kid on the block on top of being well written at least judging by the playthroughs I have had.
>>
>>35680591
This is all fine and dandy, but imo it is unacceptable how TNO removes 90% of base Hoi4 gameplay. With the exception of russian warlords each country gets to fight in like 1 war and only when the game allows it. Research is basically meaningless, you can't even properly make divisions besides infantry ones because of all the production debuffs. You can't change laws manually, and it can be very annoying. For example, when I was playing Vyatka I had to wait a year to get enough manpower to continue uniting russia instead of being able to change the laws manually. I agree, it is quite impressive that they tried to do something new, but imo playing tno is slow, boring and extremely railroady. They still have a lot of work to do before it surpasses EaW in terms of sheer fun. What I like about EaW and what is unique to it among the major mods is how different can each game go. I always have all the countries set to random and interesting things can happen. Once It is Masonic brodfeld puppeting the united empire, once daybreaker steamrolls the whole world. It is interesting and varied unlike mods like kaiserreich and TNO. Sure, the ocfaggotry can be annoying, but for each stinker there are at least 2 good or very good nations. Finally, there are nations specifically designed for veteran players who have already mastered base Hoi4. If that is your issue try countries like Cyanolisia, Falcor, Nimbusia(purist), ELF or Flowena.
In conclusion, I think that while TNO is definitely more interesting and unique, it is also imperfect and doesn't hold up to a well-polished mod like EaW.
>>
>>35680629
comes down to personal preference and no difficulty has not been a problem and I find it funny how those countires that as you put it
>designed for players who have already mastered base Hoi4 are significantly easier than nations like facist Penguins, because their lack of any meaningful buffs, constant pony power shortcomings and being surrounded and being on a continent with a lot stronger nations, without being able to join the changling faction, anactually sets up a unique problem, thatdemands a carefully planned and executed strategy, but again this is less by design and more by accident. I still enjoy EaW and a lot of nations even warrent multiple playthroughs, but for me it doesn't change enough to make the gameplay exciting again, in singleplayer that is. Now in multiplayer I have to say the most fun I have had with a mod that doesn't just add on features on to the base game Old Wolrd Blues might be the best one, simply because of the lack of a current meta, the design teams inability to ballance shit on top of changing enough about how nations, equipment and focus trees work to make my day almost everytime I play it, given how crazy it can get.
Anyway I am getting off track, I enjoy EaW and since it doesn't run like shit I keep coming back to it.
Anyway I am getting off track, my point still stands, the story in TNO as far as I have played it is very interesting and the way it presents it story feels superior to EaW.
As for gameplay I don't feel EaW does enough differently to make me want to play it over any mod, what it does have going for it is the mixture of both, however there is only so many times you can conquer the herzland before it becomes repetitive. EaW is good, but it is not the greatest at least for me.
>>
File: unknown.png (500 KB, 1357x474)
500 KB
500 KB PNG
>>
>>35679519
You know something I think they should add in vanilla to generals? Political traits. I find it very weird that the entire military infrastructure would go along with what any government tells them to do, even if you ripped power from a civil war or coup.

Some generals say might be ardent communists, and will only be available if you are communist- others could be strictly anti-communist and work with any government so long as it's not communist. And just extrapolate this out for each of the ideologies. Some generals might be completely apolitical, but if some aren't it would add more depth to going down different paths.
>>35680591
I think the AI is decent- but only in certain areas. Like if you keep an eye on say china, it takes them years to deal with their huge debuffs to research, which of course handicaps them in the long term.
>>35680629
See that's the kind of stuff I was worried they'd do- trying to reinvent the wheel.
>>35680668
The major mods I play are Rt56, which I think is great, I think it just hasn't got all it's moving parts down pat because you can get a lot of unintended consequences even playing on historical, Old World Blues, which is great, it just needs a lot more polishing as only a few corners of the map are fully fleshed out yet, and then EaW which definitely seems the most balanced to me. As I also said Kaisserreich has the problem of having no early game, and having such poor industry that even getting basic artillery is difficult.
>>
>>35681312
The AI is bad, it can't do so many things that are esential to HoI4 and it only got worse with updates, Britain for example doesn't put out a fleet to defend the home isles because they simply do not have enough fuel and do not account for it.
>EaW which definitely seems the most balanced to me
Depends on how you define ballanced, the AI is even worse than base HoI since it can't deal with all the negative modifiers almost every nation has, like lack of industry or broad illitaricy etc. (also the love mechanic makes changelings free real estate) and in Multiplayer let us just say the last custom rules document for it that I looked at is about twice as long as most base HoI4 games take that like you will.
Now when it comes to Kaiserreich I dislike how it esentially gutted the mechanical warfare doctrine. I have tried going for tanks many times and the simple fact of the matter is that they are next to useless when it comes to breaking through the massive fortlines all across europe. I have done a lot of things to try and make tanks work, but I always find myself returning to artilery as for lack of production I rarely had that issue in my runs, at least without my enemy not suffering the similair shortages ballancing it out overall. That is excluding a lot of the minor players within china, a lot of the minor provinces come across as nice in concept aweful in execution ideas. not to mention making the game even slower.
>Old World Blues, which is great, it just needs a lot more polishing as only a few corners of the map are fully fleshed out yet
I hear you, like I get it, it is a fanproject, but like EaW it would serve them well if they stuck to one particular region of the map and expanding outwards form there instead of jumping from corner to corner creating what often feels like isolated enclaves, for example the broken coast. I hope the texas and legion updates at least tie Mexico closer into the rest of the map.
>>
EAW dev here, AI bugs will gradually demobilize their army if they are over the love limit in the next update

Also we have a rule that any OC that leads a country must have been made especially for that country (save for some grandfathered ones). I'm not really sure where the accusations of ocfaggotry come from, unless you mean whole countries and not just individual leaders.

Also that KR-KX feud isn't between the teams but between individual people who happen to be devs for those mods. KR as a team isn't trying to take anyone down
>>
File: 1596026515706.png (899 KB, 848x722)
899 KB
899 KB PNG
>>35682090
if you really are a dev for EAW proof it
>>
>>35679976
hoi4 isn't part of the 'best of' paradox bundle, unless I'm a complete retard.
At least base Hoi4 is only $10 on HB vs $40 on steam.
>>
>>35682390
Sorry, I am a dumbass that thought that EU4 was the one with the EaW mod. My bad, and I apologise for it.
>>
>>35682090
Petty passive aggressive fueding faggotry should never be tolerated
If the rest of the team doesn't force them to be grown ass adults, or yeet them out the door, they're complicit by knowing inaction
>>
>>35682403
All good, you aren't the retard who requested a steam refund and then turned around to active a steam key of the same game lol
>>
>>35677804
Griff master race.
>>
>>35682941

That is a move so high-IQ I can't even begin to understand it.
>>
File: loot.png (316 KB, 966x476)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
>>35682090
>AI bugs will gradually demobilize their army if they are over the love limit in the next update
But what about the memes?

>>35681312
My only pet peeve with OWB is their over-reliance on community's submods. They are adding like a dozen of new nations every update and only a couple of them getting a content. I guess it is fine with "literally who" raiders but Arroyo not having anything at all hurts me inside. The same thing with Enclave mod, because vanilla New Reno Enclave is surprisingly dull.
I understand that they would be in alpha until they fill the whole map and maybe later they will focus on everything what was left behind, but it will take years before they finish it.
Still one of the most enjoyable mods for map painting simulator.
>>
>>35682537
Feel free to tell them that then
>>35683667
EAW is not a meme mod!
>>
>>35683760
>EAW is not a meme mod!
Say it to Reformisten gang.
>>
>>35683760
>EAW is not a meme mod!
that is an opinion you are having, but the fact that there is a griphon HRE, a griphon france and a griphon italy makes it difficult to believe
>>
File: unknown.png (834 KB, 1231x758)
834 KB
834 KB PNG
>>
File: wfwfq.png (331 KB, 1064x899)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
Im really hyped for this mod. It looks really neat. I just hope there will be less griffon and cummies autism.
>>
>>35684452
I still do not know is this going to be a total conversion submod for EaW or they just use the EaW's map and it would be a standalone.
>less griffon
If I remember right, Talons are Griffon PMC, so at least one nation would be them.
>cummies autism
I guess they can pull out some sort of communal tribes/societies but actual communism wanking? No.
>>
>>35684508
i dont mind few griffs. but making 2/3 of the mod for them like eaw... fucking hell no.
Also tribes/equalist societies are also good and more in mlp world
>>
File: unknown.png (324 KB, 841x418)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>
>>35685009
>PC
>Not-Aligned
>Brings stability and preservation of values
PC Master Race!
>>
>>35685193
Heh :)
>>
Bump
>>
Brainlet here, If I don't blitz the Olenia path as Equestria, and Changlings take the country, are those national foci just wasted at that point?
>>
>>35686631
Yes.
>>
>>35686741
fug
Guess the Yaks can wait then.
>>
>>35685009
Lots of paths for this one.
>>
>>35684452
Looks good.
>>
>>35685009
>More than 65% support
Oh no, it is going to be Greifenmarschen all over again.
>>
is it even possible to defeat zecora's resistance, i complete all of the objectives for the "chaos in the everfree decision, am i missing something?
>>
>>35684279
Nice.
>>
>>35687849
It is possible, but it is quite bullshit
You will need:
>1000 bombers, 400 strat bombers and 500 fighters if I remember correctly
>nuclear research
>enchanted munitions research
>then you'll be able to do all the necessary foci
>take all decisions, then the pacification decision
>finally defeat the rebellion in normal combat, you'll have to take every single tile which is also quite bullshit.
>>
>>35688128
>>35687849
And if you mean specific strategies for fighting them
>thousands of cas bombing the shit out of all the rebels will make it somewhat even as their Divisions won't be able to just oblitetate your deorged ones
>use the shitty garrison divisions, so that you don't lose your good ones, the everfree debuffs make them almost useless
>mass air resupply with The translport planes could also help a bit
>encircle them and kill all divisions. The expanding forest can't kill your divisions if they arent fighting anyone
Finally, you'll have to get lucky and capture the tiles faster than the forest can expand.
>>
>>35686815
No one cares about the yaks.
>>
File: 1402708273707.gif (1.14 MB, 240x200)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB GIF
>>35688128
>>35688160
>forest hippy is somehow able to create a bigger resistance than an actual fucking army
>>
>>35688909
Everfree is really overestimated by the fandom for some reason
>>
>>35688935
Fanon sometimes grows so big that it replaces canon. Just to name a few:
>Humans are immune to magic
>Dinky is Derpy's kid
>Any unicorns can learn and use any spell
>Changelings can't eat normal food
>Earth ponies are lame
>>
>>35688971
>Humans are immune to magic
Whut? Where was it mentioned?
>>
>>35688935
Typically because we never see any villain in Equestria proper use it as a weapon. The closest we get is EG and.. that's EG.
>>
>>35688935
Because fandom remember that it was the big deal in S1, and was originally planned to be slowly growing, looming threat over the entire series.
>>
Does anyone have the downloadable version of secret horse files aka SHF?.
i know there was one but in my idiocy i deleted it purging my downloads folder.
>>
>>35690148

Secret Horse Files?
>>
>>35690148
Check archive. It's where I sourced mine when I did the same thing.
>>
>>35690236
>The search backend is currently unavailable.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: unknown.png (563 KB, 795x563)
563 KB
563 KB PNG
>Alignment triangle gets popular on workshop
>EaW gets alignment square
lol
>>
>>35691073

Wouldn't Watertowner communal society be closer to the Harmony square since it's so easy for the River Federation to influence them?
>>
>>35691164
It's faction popularity square,excepting any more out of HoI4 would be silly at best
Though it could probably use sub-ideologies for that context
>>
File: unknown.png (328 KB, 836x420)
328 KB
328 KB PNG
>>
>>35691346
>>35685009
Talouse seems pretty generic so far.
>>
>>35684452
Griffonia isn't even on the map they are using so no.
Talon Company is there though.
>>
File: 1590177195588.png (73 KB, 300x173)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
TNO was a bust so I'm giving EaW a try. Not bad so far.

I know they gotta add some fluff to spruce it all up, but thats a lot of fucking griffins in the east. Were all these nations in the show? I get the gist of Equestria under a Queendom, but an HRE equivalent is not something I'd expect from this show.
>>
File: style_2.png (309 KB, 577x457)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>35691701
90% of EaW is non-canon. Griffonia exists in the show, but the only nation it has is Griffonstone (the one with no content next to the Blackrock Bandits). Everything else is just "wouldn't this be a cool addition?"
Also in the show, Equestria did not have deep-seated political issues, the Changeling Lands were just one hive in a desert somewhere, Stalliongrad and Olenia did not exist at all, and most bizarre of all, the Everfree resistance and the Crystal-Equestrian war both DID make an appearance.
>>
File: 1018624.png (1.94 MB, 1920x1080)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
>>35691701
no
if it isn't a pony then they have, at best, one town to their name
and typically not good ones
>>
File: Respect Women.jpg (77 KB, 750x642)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>35690247
I know right? What the hell's up with that?
>>
>>35691566
I hope they are generic because of laziness and not a predetermined outcome of losing to Wingbardy because devs didn't want to write late game content for them.
Also they have this elections with four parties for each ideology, right? In the Duchy of Talouse governed by duchess. Do they have elective monarchy or it is Griffonian Republic take three?
>>
>>35691701
>Explosion in New Manehatten right after I finish nuclear research
Wew, had me spooked there for a moment.

So does Equestra unlock paths for the northern block/Griffionia after I finish with the bugs? Or does their "plot" end there?
I didn't trigger the civil war that I assume comes from bat-pony reforms if thats a factor,
>>
>>35692648
No. Equestria has no content after the war. They were not updated for a long time.
There is Equestrian Liberation Front which is hard and very satisfying to pull out but you need to play and win as changelings, breakaway and play as Manehattan Protectorate, fail, and then you will be playing as ELF.
>>
File: count.png (47 KB, 154x211)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
I feel sorry about this guy. Everyone constantly tries to conquer, trick or get rid of him. Being landlocked between
Empire and Aquileia is the best case scenario. Much better then being steamrolled by any major in its vicinity or bamboozled by not-Makhno, elder god cultists or podded by the FAST bug.

>>35681312
>Political traits
They have something like this in Lake City. You start with a lot of unique generals and marshals but later majority of them leaves depending on the chosen route.
>>
File: PicsArt_08-02-12.09.44.jpg (484 KB, 2048x1339)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
>>35692924
Count Cloudet... had a hard life
>>
>>35692764
Don’t you mean the Liberation Front of Equestria?
>>
>>35693073
https://equestria-at-war.fandom.com/wiki/Equestrian_Liberation_Front
>>
File: unknown.png (906 KB, 1258x808)
906 KB
906 KB PNG
>>
>>35693746
>Bourgeois oppressors
I do not want to start mandatory commie rant for the thread but I just can't contain myself.
This word doesn't mean what you think it is.
It means the member of the middle class, working man.
>>
>>35694004
Commies don't take into account the existence of a middle class, anon. For them it is only the evil rich vs the opressed poors.
>>
File: Screenshot_45.png (691 KB, 574x749)
691 KB
691 KB PNG
>>
>>35694116

That's because gommies usually come from the middle class.
>>
File: unknown.png (315 KB, 837x418)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
>>
>>35695490

Oh? Will we finally be able to reform the Arantigan Empire?
>>
File: unknown.png (333 KB, 843x424)
333 KB
333 KB PNG
>>
If anyone is interested in the new update, Dshakey was given access to an early version. So yeah, here's the video:
https://youtu.be/4GjmhJyoPN0
>>
File: LyraThanks.jpg (51 KB, 1012x1024)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>35696374
cool so update wen
>>
>>35696374
>Playing as deer instead of unicorns
The deer look interesting but still
>>
>>35696374
Was that Unicorn for the Magocracy drawn in the style of Darkest Dungeon?
>>
>>35696753
Just your imagination
Barrad is a nice and generic nation
>>
>>35696374
Haha time for good guys!
>>
>>35662994
Technically there are really only supposed to be the Talons as griff mercs but griffon mercs pop up in foe fics so often I'm sure they'll find a way to cram a bunch of them in.
>>
>>35696753
Yup.
Still, I expected "It's Magic. I Ain't Gotta Explain Shit" and "Mad Science". I did not expect the Darkest Dungeon.
>>
>>35684452
hol up.
The NCR is there from the start? So its all after little pip? I feel like it would make more sense for it to not exist at the start but it be a formable nation.
>>
>>35697287
Maybe it would be called as New Canterlot from the start and then later form New Canterlot Republic?
>>
>>35697303
I don't know if they are sourcing lore from just the books or cherry picking from sidefics but it doesn't really make sense for the NCR to exist if they are taking lore from the original book. Griffs and other towns found the NCR after Red Eye and the Enclave are defeated. (Got bad news if they feature NCR its based on Griffon democracy because ponies never had it pre war)

Canterlot is a fucking shithole. It's been some years but if I'll try to recall correctly. The Sisters or maybe just luna put up a Canterlot shield (this was pre Royal wedding) that stops the capital from being destroyed by megaspell attacks. I forgot why but there was something generating poisonous gas inside the shield that killed everyone and turned them into ghouls like the ghost people from Fallout NV. I think Luna just sat in there trying to hold the shield up to protect the ponies from being bombed while she slowly died to gas.

There is something important in the city and I know in the lore the only ponies there are segregated zeebs below the city (feral ghouls), feral ghoul ponies, and teams of alicorns searching for said thing. However all the alicorns there are cut off from the unity so they have a little bit more independence but are kinda haywire. One of them is mad and wears Luna's bones.

So I don't know what they would be doing with Canterlot.

There is the NCR (new caledonian republic) in Heroes but that's farther out and I hope they don't tackle side fics first.

Personally I just want to play as the unity and turn everyone into cute hivemind alicorns. And for the record I'm not a kip poster I'm just a TF fetishist.
>>
>>35697344
We will see when it gets released.
I suspect NCR would be like European Union from vanilla game, formable by a country who holds all required territories.
And if I remember right, there would be very long Littlepip's journey event chain.
Speaking of Unity, I wonder if we get "Twilight is a dominant consciousness" route. It seems like the most epic and hilarious thing ever.
>>
File: 1072265.jpg (157 KB, 1024x1448)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>35697378
>"Twilight is a dominant consciousness"
oh no oh no oh no us Trixie bros got to cocky
>>
File: Tenpony_teaser.png (3.72 MB, 2069x1208)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB PNG
>>
>yeah I hate my life
>>
File: unknown.png (861 KB, 1256x830)
861 KB
861 KB PNG
>>
>>35697495
Is this going to be a microstate of this mod?
>>
>>35697495
Looks interesting.
>>
>>35697643
Seemingly so given the map inset is showing just the Manehattan peninsula
>>
>>35697605
Nice to see these nations get updated.
>>
>>35696374
I want to play this update so bad, with 750 hours in EaW I have exhausted all nations that interest me.
>>35697271
I think the darkest dungeon reference makes perfect sense here. If we'll have an option to roleplay as Not!Ancestor it will be extremely based.
>>
File: barrad.png (580 KB, 1220x752)
580 KB
580 KB PNG
>>35698256
I guess it is going to be quite FUN.
>>
The NCR will not be present at the start in Balefire Blues. Instead, Shattered Hoof will form it, assuming Gawd wins out against Mr. Topaz.
>>
>>35698797
>Balefire Blues
Hows that going anyways?
>>
File: unknown-0009.png (317 KB, 382x562)
317 KB
317 KB PNG
>>35698829
Progress is steady. Alpha testing recently opened up, and a lot of work is being done. Not sure if the summer release date will be hit or not, but initial release will be by mid-fall at the absolute latest.
>>
>>35698872
>Not sure if the summer release date will be hit or not,
Maybe super duper buggy early Alpha demo release?
>>
>>35698872
Can't wait!
>>
File: 2391181.png (170 KB, 896x784)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>
Why would I ever use magical infantry over regular?
>>
>>35700127
Because it's cool
>>
>>35700127
It has better stats than regular one
>>
>>35700127
Meh, I don't use it cause I'm too lazy to research it
>>
>Enjoying EaW more than I thought
>Feel the spark™ and decide that I want to start writing up vignettes of the EaW world coming to the brink
>Realize that I basically don't know anything about any of characters beyond porn, shitpost, and watching the first two episodes like 5 years ago

I recognize that things like stalliongard & olena are all plot fiat that I can effectively do whatever for, but I know my autism couldn't handle the real characters acting ooc.

Like the Tea party team looking for Sombra, are they real? Or should I just cannibalize personalities from like 3 event boxes?

Thanks for reading my blog
>>
>>35700564
>Like the Tea party team looking for Sombra, are they real?
no
>>
>bug bitch murdered Thranx
Once I get this port I'm coming for them cheeks
>>
>>35700745
Is that the changeling with funny hat in Empire?
>>
>>35700959

Yes. Bitchbutt gets very upset if you don't dump his ass backnin Vesalipolis.
>>
File: 22b.png (551 KB, 900x600)
551 KB
551 KB PNG
>>35700745
That traitor Thorax got what he deserved at last the transgressions against muh Queen have been avenged, praise Cheeselegs long may she reign.
>>
>>35701212

>thorax
>thranx
Tchevo blyat
>>
>>35700564
You can twist and play with any character you want for the story. Because it is your story and there is no solid established canon. Do not make character just from those three events. Make character who will act or talk like it is written in those three events.
For example, canon Wingfried at the first glance can be seen as a pony-hating nazi larper who is worse then Himmler and Mengele combined, but at the same time he is a PTSD driven husk of the soldier who seen too much during the previous skirmishes against the barbaric hillponies.
He can be portrayed as a guy who just wants to protect the country from the pony barbarians by any means possible, unhinged tyrant who likes to make other suffer, or that weird uncle from that one fanfic where he just shoots Cozy Glow when she tries to take over in the School Raze.
>>
File: unknown.png (473 KB, 1076x376)
473 KB
473 KB PNG
>>
>>35701630
Looks like some potential reworks are on the way.
>>
>>35701750
I hope they finish the harmonic rebellion for Staliongrad.
>>
God I want to ravage Sinnie's communist bussy so hard
>>
>>35696374
released already ffs.
>>
>>35698872
is there any date for recruiting new betatesters ? I didnt get trough first round. Also can you tell us something more about this mod ? how many nations have focus tree ? are there more in mlp fantasy or just copy paste of fallout universe but with ponies. Also is pony to griff ratio better then in EAW ?
>>
>>35701779
Calm down, Sombra.
>>
>>35701785
It's based on FoE; there's a lot of analogues to Fallout nations and lore but it's still set in Equestria and all that shit.
>>
>>35698872
How much stuff did you borrowed from OWB?
I am talking about tech levels, unique doctrines, black markets and giving unique content to only one country out of ten?
>>
>>35701785
I talked to one of the main devs once and he said that their ultimate goal is to fill Equus with content. No plans for griffonia nor zebrica. So, I imagine that there will be very few griffons, at least until they get to the lands that used to be Nova Griffonia.
>>
>>35701785
No solid date yet, no. We hope for 7 unique focus trees on 1.0, plus several generic trees. Griffons aren't entirely uncommon, similar to in FoE itself. However, ponies still considerably outnumber them.

>>35701869
We plan on doing away with many of OWBs mechanics, as they are largely pointless. Tech trees will be a mix of EaW, OWB, and original things. A Land Doctrine rework is currently in progress. Tech level will be similar to OWB, but with ways for generic nations to advance overtime. We do plan on fleshing out minors and adding more content to the initial region before creating another region.
>>
>>35702207
>ways for generic nations to advance overtime
>fleshing out minors
Yes, thank you!
Waiting for it with happy anticipation.
>>
Is it normal for the "windows protected your PC" to pop up when you first install Remains?
>>
>>35701782
no.
>>
>>35693061
Yeah, pretty accurate.
Also, can we talk about Prelate's portrait? I guess that black thingie is his beak but his head looks completely bald and he is FAT. Black floating diamonds over his head don't help at all.
>>
Bump
>>
>>35702207
>No solid date yet, no. We hope for 7 unique focus trees on 1.0, plus several generic trees. Griffons aren't entirely uncommon, similar to in FoE itself. However, ponies still considerably outnumber them.

Sounds great !
>>35702306
:(
>>
https://imgur.com/a/qjhJ0MP
>>
>>35703173
meme album:
https://imgur.com/a/n2mhiFB
>>
>>35703173
Good stuff.
>>
>>35701593
I figure everything outside mane6 is effectively just bullshit and free for the taking but its more like what happens when shit that is real & canon deals with shenanigans?
Say a bat-pony new to the force meeting luna as part of propaganda thing, how would Luna act? Would Celestia harbor Grover VI or leave it as a problem for New Mareland? Or Di Canazo contemplating a cease-fire with Sombra?
>>
>>35702279
yes
>>
>>35702747
>>
File: yrmthu_teaser.png (1.85 MB, 1174x1382)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
>>
>>35705149
Cute.
>>
>>35704037
>Luna
Her character was completely shafted and crushed with no survivors in the mod. Luna just exists there to become misunderstood and triggered to go NM. Bats are painted as a minority who are complete assholes to everyone else.
I recommend to use show's Luna and headcanon bats yourself.
>Grover VI
Yes, in a couple of republican routes he is sent to Equestria. Celestia is pretty close to canon just has anger management issues. New Mareland can become whatever you want because of 6+ routes, so they can intervene but I do not think that they are on top of "Please take care of the last descendant of the dismantled royal griffon family" list. A lot of people like to speculate about Grover and Flurry getting together, or Celestia/Molestia becoming a mommy for him. Some think about Yale stealing his corpse after he gets "Protected" and resurrecting him.
>Sombra
Technically possible because he literally melts in the presence of his first friend Radiant Hope. Who is somehow still alive. I forgot the specifics but she is the one who organized the whole "old good days" cult.
>>
File: hoi4_23.png (63 KB, 332x506)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>
>>35705405
How else would you have a scenario where Luna turns to NM again? EaW is canon-ish up to s8 and the whole bat thing seems like a decent reason for her to go nuts.
>>
>>35705511
Looks nice.
>>
>>35703173
>Greneclyf rework
Wow, they remember it?
>>
>>35705149
Fun looking nation.
>>
>>35700127

They're better on the attack, and have more hard attack and piercing. They don't do as good on defence, though.
>>
which nations should I play for a good and original playthrough ? with original gameplay mechanics, not too narrative driven but a little bit (not as much as Pax Chrisalia) and cursed stuff why not
>>
>>35706236
Griffonian Empire or Wingbardy.

If you want minors then perhaps Free Towns of Gryphus, either yak nation or Longsword if you don't mind a three way civil war.
>>
>>35706236
Fascist Firtree
Yale
Flowena
>>
>>35706236
>Bandit nations have pillaging and loot mechanics. It is Blackrock, Sunstriker and Virgila (Rebelling Griffonian Frontier which is also the hardest out of three).
>Firtree Magocracy has very fun and cursed stuff on Necromancer's route. Also, Shinespark is cute!
>Flowena has banking. Some find it fun. Charbon's Flowena (Suppremacy route) features banking with Dr. Thrax being your leader. Appropriate mechanics for using bio-weapons against your enemies are present.
>Nations with just very cool content: Yale, Lake City (Prince's route).
>Vedina features Princess Maker mechanics.
>>
>>35706236
>>35706307
I second Yale, particularly the communist path. It's simple, straightforward, and has a really fun Les Mis-ish atmosphere.
>>
File: Eaw_canon_map.png (108 KB, 1019x703)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>35704037
In case you were wondering how canon EaW is, here's a map
>>
File: FB_IMG_1541657524938.jpg (63 KB, 633x758)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>35706401
>Griffonia is almost entirely non-canon
>only 3 species are included despite numerous others that arent reperesented at that point
Why though?
>>
>>35706437
griffon, pony, deers, zebra, minotaurs, changelings
and if you ask why there is too much griffons, it's in the name
>>
>>35706437
Do not worry, everyone would be complaining about too many zebras in Zebrica too.
>>
>>35706480
Not really. Zebrica is much more diverse. With not that many zebra nations.
>>
>>35627297
You are correct Anon!
>>
It is written: only empress Shinespark can defeat furfags.
>>
>>35706803
*processes 2000 furfags each month into magical crystals*
>>
>>35706830
based
>>
>>35706830
How does best horse live on furfag continent?
>>
>>35706879
A degenerate continent creates based horses
>>
Well... still waiting :(
>>
Bump: waiting for the goddamn update edition
>>
>>35707538
Some youtubers have gotten demos so it should be coming soon
>>
>>35706879
I thought River Swirl was the best horse
>>
File: Dead_Air.png (268 KB, 520x700)
268 KB
268 KB PNG
Neat, discord got a big art dump
>>35706236
Skynavia has interesting puppet coring mechanics
DED is pretty novel, not necessaries good but novel
Greneclyf though is novel as fuck, I don't recall another focus tree that locks out literally all your focuses due to RNG
Content after Changeling victory in war is pretty interesting in general
>>
>>35706768
Yeah, llamas, zebras, hipogrips, cats, ponies, griffons, parrots, yettis.
>>
>>35706401
There is a bunch of green there. I know about the Abyssinia, hippogriff/seapony country and yeti's land.
What else is there?
>>
>>35708944
Centaurs, Kirins, these parrots from the movie, Saddle arabia
>>
Of all OC faggotry characters Grover the VI. might be the worst offender, he even sticks around as leader with the bloody communists, which is not to mentiong constantly getting more events shoved down his beak, although I admit him getting a tank as a birthday present that can later be used to crack down on the civilians was a personal highlight for me.
>>
>>35709010
>sticks around as leader with the bloody communists
This is what people in business call Monarcho-Socialism.
>>
>>35709024
>Monarcho-Socialism.
Herzschmerz it is
>>
>>35709010
You can murder him tho
>>
>>35709043
and thank celestia you can, unfortunately killing him also means no empire, which makes the game even easier,
>>
>>35709052
Sometimes it is the only way to get midgame vassal content. Like, I do not know how Greifenmarschen supposed to survive against the Empire.
>>
>>35709059
Yeh, LP was added not to make every single Herzland vassal a hellcrawl. This applies especially to harmonists, as the only sure way to win against a archon/duchess empire is to attack them when they are fighting their first vassal.
>>
>>35709059
>>35709059
if you find it difficult to stay alive I suggest you reduce your frontline and bunker down. They will eventually run out of equipment and ponypower, at which point you can just go on the offensive. It is not the most ellegant or eficent way to beat the empire, but certainly the easiest as it does not require much micro or complex planning.
>>
>>35708430
>I don't recall another focus tree that locks out literally all your focuses due to RNG
I think it had very bad scripting and it was not working as intended.
>>
>>35706236
Yale, Cyanolisia, ELF, Firtree, Longsword
>>
File: 13854.gif (482 KB, 500x281)
482 KB
482 KB GIF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYrqJrwvRKE [Embed]
>"A true wild horse simulator focused on survival, claiming herd members, breeding, and leveling up your stats!"
>>
>>35709375
Does it have horsecock/horsepussy? If yes, I will play your game.
>>
>>35706803
Alicorn Shinespark mod when?
>>
File: 1550274170617.jpg (38 KB, 546x597)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>35709424
dangerously based
>>
>>35709168
It's working as intended
It's just all fucking based on RNG
>>
File: hoi4_32.png (635 KB, 928x760)
635 KB
635 KB PNG
>>
>>35709651

We need it. Go to Magehold to learn Aliconification, kick some ass, take some names, eat some pussy, then dunk on the continent.
>>
>>35710555
>then dunk on the continent.
>Special magical ritual requiring 10k manpower, 100 crystals and 250PP
>It depopulates and removes all the factories in giant line from Firtree to the end of continent going through Griffenheim
Would totally be worth it even if it made everyone declare war on you
>>
>>35709375
>claiming herd members
>breeding
>>
>>35710589
Realistically, Shinespark has no reason to do so. But you can make a submod for a decision like this.
>>
>>35711147
>No reason to
>Crippling the greatest empire on continent for ease of conquest
>No reason to
>>
File: unknown.png (509 KB, 756x1309)
509 KB
509 KB PNG
>>
>>35711578
So, a rng-based path? You can't really decide how the ai will react, it seems to me like 90% of the Time the player will be railroaded into the crisis of faith, there is a very good Chance that at least one of the 9 countries won't accept. I mean, it is good to see Greneclyf be reworked, but I hope it won't be as simple as I assumed.
>>
>>35711589
Could be a choose your own adventure thing with the wrong answers leading to the non-harmonic paths kinda like the original.
>>
File: 1520540973216.jpg (101 KB, 933x856)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
I had a question about Pax Chrysalis. I'm playing an Ironman game as bug horse but I don't really know what to expect or what I should do in regards to the stuff from the update. I can't save scum if I do anything wrong ( I'm not worried about losing so to speak but I don't want to fuck up any event chains or anything). I just defeated equestria and I am at war with Stalliongrad, do I have to release protectorates and play as them for the new events and stuff or do I just play as Chrissy? Also if I want to play as Glim and Trixie am I supposed to release them or is it an event?
>>
What nations closest to the brits? I wanna naval game.
Minotaurs?
>>
>>35712200
>naval game
lol
Wait for Zebrica or even next update and choose Bakara
>>
>>35692257
Whats this from?
>>
>>35711282
Conquest is already piss easy
This just kneecaps your own future industry
>>
>>35712469
Well yeah
But it would be cool
For a game set in setting full of ancient evils and powerful magics there's barely anything in the mod giving that felling
Daybreaker's heat attrition is one of things felling strongest of that yet it's barely a thing, NMM doesn't even have anything in that vein
>>
>>35710370
Are those for bats?
>>
>>35712160
>bug horse but I don't really know what to expect
>>35688128
>do I have to release protectorates and play as them for the new events and stuff or do I just play as Chrissy?
Yeah, if you want to continue as the bugs you should release them.
>if I want to play as Glim and Trixie
To play them you have to not release the manehattan protectorate and wait for a few months. Simple.
>>
>>35712200
Ehh, I guess Skyfall? Or Haukland? These are like the only 2 who get wargoals on nations across the sea. EaW isn't really about the navy desu.
>>
>>35712160
>>35713044
You can also play as the protectorate and incite the revolt through a decision which loads a small focus tree
>>
>>35713075
That's correct, but playing as the revolt this way is significantly more difficult. Since ELF are already a hard nation, I wouldn't recommend doing that.
>>
>>35711578
Nice, more custom icons.
>>
if dubs new thread will start after 1.8 update
>>
>>35713085
I stayed as Chrysalis. The forest is eating my troops jesus christ I didn't research any of the techs before magical weapons or produce a lot of bombers.
>>
>>35712160
Stock up on tactical and strategic bombers.
>>
File: unknown.png (423 KB, 441x364)
423 KB
423 KB PNG
>>
>>35713794
This is going to be one of those, huh?
They declare war on you and then you need to fight all River Coalition at the same time when you start pushing them back?
>>
>>35712160
For Pax Chrysalia, continue to play as CHN. Release the protectorates as soon as possible because you'll have a big damn problem if you don't, you get a truly crippling series of debuffs once the war's over that mean that you want to give away as much territory as possible to puppets.
Look at the focuses for subjugating the Everfree and start making material for it now. You don't choose when that starts, and it can lock you out of a number of focuses (they don't give you anything except writing, but still) if you fail. I recommend that, once you complete the focus with the strat bombers, you cheat your way to victory because after that the Everfree war becomes the least fun thing in the game.
You can also play as the Manehattan Protectorate for a way less dark story about subjugating and colonizing the locals, or intentionally screw up occupation and summon the ELF to play as the Glimmer-Trixie Chimpout Power Hour.
>>
>>35712438
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmE5XGp-BbY
>>
File: unknown.png (334 KB, 568x616)
334 KB
334 KB PNG
>>
>>35714492
I wonder what the secret path is.
>>
An early access video by CHG:
https://youtu.be/LW6oI5_Av2k
>>
Op here, should I make another thread when we hit 500, or should I wait for the update which will inevitably come out in a week or two?
>>
>>35714975

Up to you, homeslice.
>>
>>35712852
yep, zebrica bats
>>
>>35713817
In that path they leave the coalition pretty quickly I believe, it's monarch hates the concept of River unity
>>
>>35714792
not a secret path, just something he doesn't want to show yet
>>
NEW THREAD
>>35715068
>>
>>35697643
>>35697856
I've done zero research, but I think that the fallout equestria mod is going to be focusing solely on Equestria- with an upscaled map. The same way Old World Blues focuses solely on North America.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.