[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Frozen Vessel Edition
>NEW: Dino Fury S2
On Netflix now (in USA, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, or with VPN)

or here:
https://dexuploads.blogspot.com/2022/03/the-tv-show-dino-fury-season-2-episodes.html
https://twitter.com/KRSentai/status/1575754606176763904

>Dino Fury S1
https://mega.nz/folder/cbomzb6B#sO0-2i4X8STxqskoKZg67w

>Once & Always article & trailer
https://ew.com/tv/original-power-rangers-netflix-reunion-special-first-look-exclusive-video-photos/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QN9fHIITZI

>Cosmic Fury costume reveal
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/7H4vzl_91Qs

>Official YouTube Channels
https://www.youtube.com/c/PowerRangersOfficial/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbIm2iqwql8bFqkO2bHv7Mw/videos

>Comics
https://www.mediafire.com/?w806xqswst6v8
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-uXKBhNeSFJU0tHRWEtb2stUkk?usp=sharing

>Coming Soon:
Once & Always releases April 19th
Cosmic Fury releases this Fall

Current comics being released/coming
>MMPR
>MMPR/TMNT 2
>Ranger Academy

>Ranger Academy announced, preview on FCBD
https://www.boom-studios.com/archives/ranger-academy-2023-fcbd-special-announcement/

Operation Overdrive fully uploaded on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbt09tWqepBQUocQ_QySWCPWDksOZjB57

Power Rangers RPM is being uploaded on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbt09tWqepBROBKu0_BhpOeo02idmLnhk

Jungle Fury 24/7 Stream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0olErpmjIQ

Previous
>>21444678
>>
PR should hire more Brazilian women
>>
Cold take followed by hot take: I think the Mystic Force theme is trash BUT I lowkey like the Operation Overdrive theme. Song is kind of fun to me can’t really explain.
>>
>>21450879
>>Power Rangers RPM is being uploaded on YouTube
>https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbt09tWqepBROBKu0_BhpOeo02idmLnhk
>5 unavailable videos are hidden
Please explain
>>
>>21450988
Same deal as the other seasons, they've already uploaded all the episodes, but are pacing out when they're publicly available.
>>
>>21450879
>that scene where scorpina first shows up and yells out go putty patrol attack the power rangers
>her lips were in perfect sync
was this original footage?
>>
>>21451152
It was filmed by Toei, but it was for MMPR, yeah.
>>
>>21450967
Overdrive’s is meh, but a little catchy.
Jumping off of that, what’s everyone’s favorite theme songs?
https://tiermaker.com/create/power-rangers-theme-songs-173588
Dino Fury would be in D.
>>
>>21451152
Zyu 1.5
https://www.grnrngr.com/zyu1.5/
>>
>>21451152
Yeah Machiko Soga and Ami Kawai shot original footage for PR with them lip syncing to english dialogue to make the dubbing less obvious but it's not that much and they only filmed for like 2 days.

Supposedly they were even gonna fly them in for the original Doomsday finale (and might have actually done so, it's not clear) to have a scene of the Rangers confronting them like in the final episode of Zyuranger before sealing her away (which couldn't use the original footage because the Zyuranger were out of suit here) but when they decided to keep the show running that was either cut or scrapped entirely.
>>
>>21448779
I mean they adapted shinkenger removing all of the japanese cultural contexts and specifically looked for a Caucasian male for the head of shiba clan. You expect these people to be actually progressive?
>>
>>
>>21450879
I can see the intent and I think it has potential but I sure as fuck hope they have a good explanation that leaves no questions hanging if it really is what everyone thinks it is
>>
>>21451432
What does everyone think it is?
>>
>>21451436
What remains of Zordon's physical body
Alpha-1 recognizes it and Zedd said Vessel fights like an Eltarian
It brings up issues like if this is his physical body, was his conciousness/soul just sent to the time warp? Did Rita set up everything on that planet as part of the ritual that banished Zordon as he dumpster her and that's why she can't just do that to everyone?
>>
File: 1640939330425.jpg (20 KB, 598x593)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>Furry artists on twiter saw the new MMPR/TMNT cover
>>
>>21451456
That's just fucking dumb
>>
What’s a cast you would have liked to see to get another season? It’s a question that’s been on my mind recently because of Cosmic Fury.
>>
Lost Galaxy Yellow
>>
>>21451548
SPD
I have more favored seasons but the actors are busier/moved onto better things
No point in a Dino Thunder continuation when only 2/5 of the team can show up for example
>>
>>
>>21451551
No one tell him about Not Another Teen Movie.
>>
>Dimension X had Power Rangers in the past
Huh, neat
>>
BrolyLegs' rendition here looks pretty cool, reading it in his 80's voice though
His comment about the Utroms pretty much reinforces this iteration of the TMNT being a hodgepodge
>>
So you're sitting there watching Once & Always. It's the final showdown, with the original MMPR (maybe with Green and/or White, maybe not) facing down Robo-Rita once and for all, when suddenly... Bulk and Skull jump in, wearing proper versions of the Purple and Orange Ranger suits, and now they're just there as fully morphed Power Rangers for the rest of the fight. The most explanation we get is a quick throwaway line like "Ninjor/Alpha thought you could use some help!" and nothing more. They're not focused on any more than the other Rangers (so no Skull landing the final blow or anything), but they're very much a part of the climactic battle.

How do you react?
>>
>>21451614
Like I said last thread, kick back, relax, watch the storm waste the land but really though, it'd be cool seeing Bulk and Skull reunite in something that wasn't Samurai
>>
>>
Why Robo-Rita? They couldn't find a single Asian lady in NZ who looked like Machiko Soga?
>>
>>21451636
I like it, it'd have broken continuity if Rita turned evil again because of mystic mother bullshit. Mystic Force might not have been that good, but I prefer continuity actually making sense (looking at you Thrax)
>>
>>21451636
Pretty sure Carla Perez isn't doing much these days.

>>21451662
Zedd pops in and corrupts her something something Dark Side something something complete
>>
File: Eww9JRSVoAQddHD.jpg (510 KB, 2048x1552)
510 KB
510 KB JPG
Damn Ravi was already in PR all the way back then?
>>
>>21451223
I've known about Zyu2 for years but I didn't know 1.5 was a thing. Learn something new about this franchise every day.
>>
File: Fat Aisha.jpg (135 KB, 767x1086)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>
>>21451636
Easier to do action scenes
>>
>>21451716
Am actually surprised to see Sakamoto there. I was under the impression he started with the Disney season
>>
>>21451873
uh, he started on mmpr anon...
>>
>>21451893
I'm a newfag to PR history. Forgive me
>>
>>21451848
Aisha fat
Amy Jo Johnson fat
>>
Was it ever determined why we got this shit instead of a legitimate team crossover with RPM?
>>
>>21451921
I believe it was because RPM was union and Samurai wasn't (or was it the reverse) so they couldn't bring back the whole cast anyway, but had Red do VA under a fake name so they wouldn't have to show his face because they really liked the Red vs Red fight from Goonger vs Shinkenger.
>>
>>21451525
no thanks, busy fapping to Death
>>
speaking of Sakamoto does he still do PR eps or did he leave it
>>
>>21452048
I think after Samurai he returned to Japan and started working on Sentai instead.
>>
>>21452052
he went back to Japan and did a bunch of toei stuff
>>
>>21451716
>women for the yellows who were men in sentai
>men for pink/whjte
>>
>>21451613
>His comment about the Utroms pretty much reinforces this iteration of the TMNT being a hodgepodge

Wasn't that a given, since most crossovers tend to borrow aspects from different iterations?
>>
>>21451636
More like why Rita whose story definitively ended? The couldn't tie up one of the loose ends from MMPR? Lokar, Scorpina, Rito, Master Vile? Don't come at me with comic book bullshit, only the show is canon.
>>
>>21451260
I want to go to the universe where Saban wasn't super cheap and almost the opposite (but never went broke spending too much.)

It was so popular at the time it could have been worth it.
>>
>>21451610
I kinda wish they used a prezyuranger team for this.
>>
>>21451909
In the Zeo baby episode the baby was Sakamoto's son. And iirc the alien in King for a Day with Bulk and Skull is Sakamoto hinself.
>>
>>21451921
Main reason: budget. Keep in mind at this time budget for PR is insanely cheap, there's very little to no original fight footage, so I doubt Saban wants to spend them shekles to brought back RPM actors.

And Eka and Rose went union, so much so that Eka had to use a pseudonym to voice Scott because it's a non-union project.
>>
>>21452048
He went back to Japan directly after RPM, directed an Ultraman movie in which the fight scenes is very very very Disney-era PR.

The last time he returned to the franchise was to film the Legendary Battle.
>>
>>21452161
He also started incorporating Power Ranger esque bits into the Sentai shows he worked on, notably Gokaiger changed into Go Onger (and actual Go Onger themselves in the ten year anniversary special) using the wheels on their suits as weapons that started in RPM, as well as starting to give the Red Sentai (or whole team in some instances) more Battlizer esque power ups (which is also around the time Power Rangers stopped doing that because they had the stuff from the Sentai footage to use instead).

I think he's also the one who's got Tom Constantine involved with the Toku industry.
>>
>>21451525
My dude. This franchise has had muscular monster men and women since the beginning. They've always been here. Hell, a Kruger simp made one of the original Western Sentai sites.
>>
>>21452048
Been gone from PR for over a decade and he's gotten prolific in toku in Japan. He's been the main director for 3 Ultraman shows (Ginga S, Geed, and Trigger), as well as 1 Sentai (Kyoryuger) and 1 Rider (Fourze). This is aside from various movies, miniseries, and individual episodes.
>>
File: my-image.png (402 KB, 1140x462)
402 KB
402 KB PNG
>>21451205
Dino Fury would go in D but before Beat Morphers
>>
File: njnjnnnn.jpg (48 KB, 863x622)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
will we finally get to see how the ailens live on earth in cosmic fury?
>>
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #104 Storytime:

>>>/co/135148110
>>
>>21451426
Why is this okay, but a power ranger member isn't allowed to wear a skirt because it's degrading? Doesn't Hasbro have social media policies for their actors?
>>
Hey I just started watching again when I heard Billy and Zack are coming back. I got a question.

How come the sound effects suck now??? The guns and weapons sound so wimpy!

I watch the old shows and when a Ranger is hit there are sparks and it has a cool electric "snap" noise. Like lighting going off or electricity arcing. Or when a Ranger hits a Putty, it sounds like a sledge hammer hitting solid metal.

New stuff sounds so bad. Lots of wimpy "Pew Pew Pew" noises. A Ranger gets hit by a sword and gets sent flying but the sound effect is some weird "warp and wobble" autotune thing. It doesn't match,
>>
It’d be cool if Boom started an anthology book. Power Rangers as a franchise would be perfect for such a format and we could get more focus on some teams that aren’t MMPR for once.
>>
>>21452085
only because they ran out of peple for the full lineup shot of of 12 ranges plus monsters. The same gauys played multiple rangers for the actual fights. TJ Rotolo is even in that image when he normally only played monsters.
>>
>>21452599
God, I even regret reading that. What a shitty comic.
>>
>>21452234
Ginga S was good. Fourze was solid. Didn’t care for Geed or Kyoryuger, Trigger sucked shit through a straw.
>>
>>21452513
okay why the fuck is Space not in S Tier you mongoloid?
>>
>>21452620
The recent Power Rangers shows have really had a problem of feeling too soft, including Dino Fury. The older shows might have had goofy monsters, weird scenarios, and plenty of puns, but at the same time the execution typically felt impactful enough that you still understand why it’s taken seriously. The Post-Zordon Saban era did it the best, but even before that everything felt “solid”, like what you were saying.
That’s what really bothered me about Dino Fury. The overall story tackled some really intense stuff like a planet being wiped out, the Morphin Masters, Lord Zedd returning at apparently his prime, and a Ranger finding out her parents are the villains. Yet when you watch the show something about it all feels really soft. The dialogue, the banter, the sound effects, everything feels like a Nick Jr. cartoon almost. It really detracts from the show being better.
>>
we must once again ask the question; Which is the best theme song and why is it wildforce?
>>
>>21452807
Read the thread.
>>21451205
>>
>Wanted to get into karate as a kid because of PR
>Mom wouldn't let me do it because it costs too much and I was a fat kid at the time
Why are parents dream killers?
>>
>>21452839
Because kids don't know what they want, they just see things that are popular and/or promoted and want to jump on that without any intention to actually continue with it.
>>
>>21452860
I actually wanted to learn some of the cool shit they were doing and it would have made me lose weight.
>>
File: pr themes.png (419 KB, 1140x465)
419 KB
419 KB PNG
>>21451205
There's enough between S and A that I can reasonably change around and still be happy to be honest.
>>
>>21452092
Yeah but weren't Utroms only evil in IDW?
2012 sure but they didn't call themselves Utrom
>>
>>21452139
The whole point is giving the Turtles powers that matches with their colors
>>
>>21451525
Someone already did a lewd pic of Pterodactyl Kimberly and a bunch of artists are setting sights on Trini
>>
>>21452157
But why even make a teamup special in the first place?
>>
>>21451848
>>21451920
We can go bigger
>>
>>21452797
I still love all the themes in S, A and B tier.
>>
>>21452799
I'm pretty sure they said that that the target audience was lowered to practical baby age and they tell the actors to deliver their dialogue in the unnatural way you'd talk to really young children that can't understand you that well.
>>
>>21452599
>Rito is nowhere to be seen, even when Vile is throwing his big celebration dinner
>Master Vile bowing to Darkonda
>Rita is able to overpower Master Vile before even before becoming Mistress Vile
>>
File: EW3A0EZUwAAVEIq.jpg (374 KB, 2048x1536)
374 KB
374 KB JPG
you can still see the padding on top the van in this scene in the final episode
>>
>>21453128
>>Rita is able to overpower Master Vile before even before becoming Mistress Vile
She only won because Alpha-1 stabbed him
Hardly anything really damaged him and it was all meant to distract him long enough for Alpha-1 to get close
Rita herself is a glass cannon, her coinless self died to a stab wound
>>
File: Power-Rangers-Lord-Zedd.jpg (122 KB, 1894x1068)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>21453077
>I'm pretty sure they said that that the target audience was lowered to practical baby age

That's retarded of them because at the same time they love to milk MMPR for nostalgia. That show is 3.5 decades old at this point. The babies don't know who the fuck this guy is and why it's a big deal that he's back. You're trying to make the show fit for babies while at the same time trying to lure the older millennials to the show with memberberries.

Also I'm going to go out the limb and say that the babies probably don't care for the dialogue. Because that's not why they're watching here. They're here for the ranger fights, the big robots fighting the big monsters and the explosions. Who gives a fuck if they have trouble understanding the dialogue?
>>
>>21452860
It's karate though. You don't need to buy any equipment. You just pay the dojo fee and you can end any time. My parents signed me up as a kid. Got up to orange belt, didn't want to do it anymore and that was that. And anon was fat so it would have been a good way for him to exercise.
>>
File: FnFv-6QagAAVw4f.jpg (161 KB, 959x678)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
Given all the suit design talk of late, anyone have any thoughts on the Lightspeed chest design?

I don't hate it, it's a striking pattern, but it always sort of stuck out to me as something kind of random that doesn't inherently match anything else in the design. Like there's nothing unique to it that you couldn't just lift it and put it on any other random suit. Also I think it's kinda cheap how it just ends on the front, you can see it cuts off on the sides and shoulders.

Like even the Titanium Ranger's solid bars match the aesthetic of the helmet more than four white pointies. This ever get to anyone else or just me?
>>
>>21453077
I genuinely think that is a mistake. That feels like a very short term demographic. There is a reason old not-MMPR seasons like In Space, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed, Time Force, SPD, and Dino Thunder have had lasting audiences that still buy their merchandise: They didn’t treat the franchise like it was for babies. They knew their audience was part new and part fans that grew with it.
Lynn said it himself: Sentai is focused on being entertaining, Power Rangers is focused on being cool. Dino Fury didn’t feel cool, and I have a feeling like most of the recent shows it won’t have the same staying power as older seasons because of it.
Power Rangers is a franchise filled with various ages, so aiming it to toddlers only is a horrible idea in the long run.
>>
>>21453314
>That's retarded of them because at the same time they love to milk MMPR for nostalgia. That show is 3.5 decades old at this point. The babies don't know who the fuck this guy is and why it's a big deal that he's back. You're trying to make the show fit for babies while at the same time trying to lure the older millennials to the show with memberberries.
Dead on. That’s honestly what was irritating me about Zedd’s DF season 2 episodes. It was great to see Zedd back, yet the episodes didn’t feel tonally appropriate at all for it. It’s supposed to be about all these intense feelings and themes but none of it feels genuine or well presented. And I understand that PR monsters have always done puns, but fuck me the DF monsters were getting on my nerves. Not a single line from anyone felt remotely serious, everything was just bumbling and goofy ad nauseum and never backed it up. Fuck, even Pumpkin Rapper at least felt at least physically threatening.
>>
>>21453382
It's meant to be like a rescue parachute I think
>>
>>21451552
>I have more favored seasons but the actors are busier/moved onto better things
>No point in a Dino Thunder continuation when only 2/5 of the team can show up for example

Just to clarify, I didn't mean it had to be a continuation in the present day. It could be any past season you would have liked to see to get a continuation at the time.

Speaking on Dino Thunder though, while I understand that Dino Thunder Red's actor is a director so he doesn't really act anymore, I'm disappointed that Dino Thunder Yellow's actress apparently hates the franchise now because 'people kept calling her Kira'. She was one of my favorite yellow rangers : (
>>
If the Netflix reboot is going for a more serious tone, I hope they do it while embracing some of the cheese, because Power Rangers is inherently a cheesy property. Like you can be serious and more character-focused but don't be afraid to have some fun. The comics (yes I know the writing in them is not perfect but I'm talking tone here) and RPM should be looked as models for making a more serious Power Rangers.

But also don't make the suits and zords look like complete ass like the 2017 movie.
>>
>>21453418
Do you think they're doing this because they know the more serious Netflix reboot is on the horizon? Maybe they're babyfying the current series to ween off older audiences and drive them towards the more mature reboot. Multiple Netflix PR content for different audience groups. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Once and Always gets a mini-series continuation if the special's view numbers are really hot.
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 1130x588)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>21453382
I took it as an abstract reference to the Japanese police or fire fighter emblem (pic related)
>>
>>21453447
SPD still stands then
Didn't the cast want another season?
>>
>>21453165
Master Vile being stabbed makes no sense. Rita's one thing because, physically, she's basically just a human. But Master Vile's a big hulking monster that laughs off hits from Megazord swords. How is he a threat if you can just stab him? This is the Power Rangers universe; everyone has a blade of some kind.
>>
>>21453502
>But Master Vile's a big hulking monster that laughs off hits from Megazord swords
Monsters get more powerful when they enlarge
>This is the Power Rangers universe; everyone has a blade of some kind.
He's getting stabbed in the back by a robot that served as Zordon's one man army, got hit by an exploding moon, and still survived
Shit like that is why Vile thought he'd be the perfect vessel
>>
So I know that the reason Lynn ended RPM on this cliffhanger with Venjix still being present in the Red RPM morpher to try to persuade Disney and ABC to renew the series. That was unsuccessful of course and the cliffhanger wouldn't get resolved until Beast Morphers.

But what if they did? What if they had decided to renew Power Rangers for another season and follow up on that cliffhanger? Shinkenger would have been the only modern sentai available to adapt since PR hadn't started skipping seasons. I can't see Lynn pulling a Zeo and adapting the sentai while keeping the same main cast as RPM. If it was another sentai maybe but Shinkenger is very unmoldable when it comes to adaption. Down to the suit designs themselves it is very in your face with the Samurai theme it is inescapable. So I can't conceive a good way for the RPM cast to move from the RPM suits to the Samurai suits. Which means the best way to continue off the cliffhanger would have been a crossover episode with the Samurai team. Maybe Venjix escapes into the main PR universe that Samurai takes place in and the RPM team end up coming in from their universe to combine forces with the Samurai team to finish off Venjix once and for all.
>>
>>21453616
Dr K becomes a weeb
>>
>>21453647
I feel like that's how they could have done Akibaranger
>>
>>21453490
A second season of SPD would require a ton of original footage, which Disney sure as hell wasn't going to pay for. And SPD isn't MMPR so it won't get the same treatment from Hasbro.
>>
>>21453478
I don’t think it’s the reason, only because Dino Charge onwards had the same vibe. But I do think they’re probably capitalizing on it.
The problem is that an “adult” series is probably going to be Snyder tier shit. It just seems so needless when we’ve seen the middle ground not only work then, but now still sell.
>>
>>21453616
It either would've been in the crossover or it would've been put on ice until they had a series it made sense to bring it back up in.
>>
File: eye-eye!.png (781 KB, 695x540)
781 KB
781 KB PNG
>>21453543
>Monsters get more powerful when they enlarge
Monsters a literal fraction of Vile's power survive sword slashes at human size regularly.

https://youtu.be/hpXO4yD9krk?t=23
>>
>>21453616
I don't think Lynn did it becase of that, in any case perhaps he thought he could make RPM season 2 with the sentai footage they hadn't used.
I remember reading on rangerboard that Bandai of America wasn't sure the Samurai outfits would sell which is why the RPM Paleo Rangers had samurai like coats to test the market.
>>
>>21454036
It honestly sucks we never got the Paleo Rangers.
>>
>>21454070
IIRC it was Bandai of America who ponied up the money during the Disney era for the Battlizers, for Jungle Fury they said that instead of Battlizer they preferred if they made suits for the Spirit Rangers. But I guess RPM was so over budget that even BoA couldn't ask for something extra and just had to pay to get it finished..
I remember waiting to see if they somehow showed up in the last episode like the Spirit Rangers did but nothing.
I have to say I do like having my Paleo Rangers on my Shelf, it's a team most people will never have so it's like an exclusive team. They're good figures too, the RPM line was some of the best figures Bandai ever did.
>>
File: RCO014_w_1552481767.jpg (1.24 MB, 1987x3156)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>21453882
Again, he got stabbed by this fucker
>>
>>21453616
I'm more into what RPM's latter half would have been if Guzelian was still around.
>>
>>21454117
Has no one interviewed him to ask? His half of the season is clearly the better of the 2. Lynns half is also good and feels way more "power rangers' but it's inferior.
As I mentioned I guess it would've felt less like Power Rangers and less connections would've been made with the franchises past.
I'm still pissed Lynn never made a connection between General Venjix and Venjix, it was so easy to do.
>>
>>21454120
I've seen a vid where Tenaya's actress mentions that she was going to be made a ranger. So it's likely he planned for exclusive rangers too.
>>
>>21454070
It seems like something Boom could do.
>>
>>21454085
I get that, but see, my issue is... Okay, you know how the comics make everything more badass and more powerful than they ever were on the show? Like how comic Rita is clearly a far greater threat than TV show Rita? One would reasonably assume that carries over to everything. So, in the comics, if an Alpha unit is capable of surviving an exploding planet, then I would expect the comic's version of Master Vile to be far beyond even THAT, y'know what I mean? Perhaps if Alpha-1 had stabbed TV show Vile, then maybe I could buy it. But comic Rita is already roughly on par with TV Vile, so I expect comic Vile to essentially be TV Dark Specter. Like I expect comic Vile to fart harder than a planet blowing up. So just being able to stab someone like that seems silly to me.
>>
>>2145288
I don't care about matching colours I'd rather have seen better suits.
>>
>>21454120
>I'm still pissed Lynn never made a connection between General Venjix and Venjix, it was so easy to do.
Because what would it accomplish?
>>
>>21454175
Name the RPM villain something else, then? You introduce a new villain named Zedd who's thematically similar to MMPR's Lord Zedd, you're damn right I'm gonna be waiting for you to make a connection at some point.
>>
>>21453382
I thought the chest was supposed to be siren lights or something.

I love the suits but GogoV had much better transformation scenes that made me like them more especially the helmets..
>>
File: PSYCHO RANGERS.jpg (87 KB, 706x552)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
FUCK IT

COSMIC FURY GOING TO BE POSSIBLY THE LAST SEASON?

BRING BACK THESE CRAZY MOTHERFUCKERS FOR ONE MORE ROUND THEY BROUGHT BACK ZEDD MIGHT AS WELL

END THIS SHIT WITH A BANG
>>
>>21454159
Did a woman write this new Boom shit? Because overpowering Rita, humiliating Zed, making Vile go down easy and overpowered by her reeks of daddy issues.
>>
>>21454236
These will always be my favourite ranger suits.
>>
>>21454236
I think they've said we're supposedly going to see some old villains come back in Cosmic Fury, so who knows, maybe? Although it's probably just going to be Scrozzle, Sledge, and Poisandra. Maybe Goldar Maximus.
>>
>>21454237
Yeah, Melissa Flores
This isn't even her first time with Power Rangers, she was involved with the brand for a decade at Saban before deciding to write comics
>>
>>21454236
They should adapt the oldass footage of Jetman and Bioman for laughs.
>>
carter is a very big boy
>>
>>21454236
Given the material, I doubt they have these suits in any good condition.

Of course, not stopping them from making them, given they made a new Zedd, but the biggest problem is that they'd have to make five of them (which funnily enough, they touch on in Beast Morphers).
>>
>>21454251
Since Cosmic Fury is getting close to SPD's timeline, maybe have an origin story about Emperor Grumm.
>>
>>21454334
Jesus, I know the stunt people tend to be a little shorter than the actual actors, but did they have actual children wearing the suits that day? Or is Carter like eight feet tall?
>>
>>21454338
None of the current or returning Rangers met the Psycho Rangers before either. It's fanservice that not a single character in the show will understand.
>>
>>21454385
he's like 6'3. one of the very tallest ranger actors as only a handful of them reach 6 feet the whole lightspeed cast was also unusually tall in general as they towered over the lsot galaxy and time force casts..
>>
File: Carter's Height.png (3 KB, 262x128)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>21454385
>>21454334
>>
>>21454392
>It's fanservice that not a single character in the show will understand.
They have Mick's Ranger Database. And they're buddy-buddy with the Morphin Masters. Plus there's always the network of former Rangers working together and doing stuff and having adventures behind the scenes. Ultimately, the Dino/Cosmic Fury Rangers would definitely know who the Psychos are.
>>
>>21454236
The Lost Galaxy two parter was so ridiculously good. I loved how they came off almost like horror monsters, stalking each Ranger and taking them down fast and efficiently.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (391 KB, 1080x1920)
391 KB
391 KB WEBM
>>
>>21454242
I didn’t notice it until now but their helmets are beetle-like.
>>
>>21454583
you must be the reason they pretended beast morpher gold's zord was a mantis
>>
>>21454583
Huh I thought they were supposed to be bat like.
>>
>>21454334
He's a big guy.
>>
>>21454236
I was finally going to suck it up and buy the Lightning Collection Psycho Ranger 5 pack after skipping it for this long because I was pissed after already buying red and blue but Amazon finally sold out lol.
>>
you know the papillon ohger female mold thing just makes me notice how it's weird that the pink and yellow psycho rangers are using a different mold for the lightning collection. in the show all 5 had completely identical bulky suits so there's no need.
>>
>>21453382
My problem with Lightspeed pinwheel design is the back is empty. Makes it extra plain.
>>
sex
>>
>>21454289
I actually had a dream where they announced after Dino Fury (this was before Cosmic Fury was a thing) that the new season will be ninja themed and it's going to adapt Kakuranger and pretended Alien Rangers never existed.

And my mind in that dream was "Isn't the footage old enough? Do they really wanna fuck this franchise up badly that they're retconing one team out of existence?"
>>
>>21454289
At this point that's probably impossible. It's so low quality it's probably not compatible with anything new. They had a hard enough time with VR Troopers and Masked Rider using footage that was 10 years old, let alone using footage that's 40.
>>
>>21454834
Do what Pablo Larrain's "No" did and use period accurate cameras to make ti look old.
>>
>>21454633
Gotta gender the toys more for some reason, it’s important
>>
Question:

Do enemies know where the Command Center is located?

I vaguely recall Rita knew exactly where it was and attacked it.

Zedd knew immediately where it was too when he showed up.

I don't know about the Machine Empire, but I think they did as well.

But Divatox and her army had no clue. The dumbest plot device of them "following" the Power Rangers teleporter colours in the sky... ON FOOT.

Even though the Power Rangers teleport colours aren't visible in other episodes. The teleporter moves faster than the speed of light. It can go to other planets and across the Galaxy.

Please explain.
>>
>>21454236
I never understood, how did they keep their energy after Dark Specter died?
Drained enough to sustain themselves without him?
>>
>>21454988
Rita knew where it was, but couldn't enter it without a Power Coin which is why she recruited Tommy and he could enter but once he switched sides that option was off the table. Zedd also knew where it was but had a similar problem. He kidnapped Kimberly to force them to allow him to enter so he could make the demands they pilot the Zords for him. Later he had Rito and Goldar sneak in through the basement while everyone was distracted and blew it up.

With the Power Chamber I don't know if it had a similar lock or not since the Power Coins were no longer a thing by then.
>>
>>21454236
You know what villain was based?
Diabolico. Though I'm not sure I want him to come back, he had a good enough ending as is.
>>
>>21455042
So why did Divatox succeed when Rita and Zedd failed? Rita and Zedd could have easily sent multiple monsters and putties to attack the Command Center just like Divatox.

I was always under the impression that the Command Center was a safe haven. That Zordon's technology allowed the Command Center to be protected with stealth and shielded. That it was too fortified for a direct assault. A bunket with tons of protection.
>>
Did saban commision toei for the zord footage in turbo movie? Or are they the same as the series and I'm just retarded?
>>
>>21455256
Pretty sure they import the suit and film it on their own.
>>
>>21455256
No they made the Turbozord footage themselves, and shipped the RV Robo costume over to film their own fight scene. That's why it looks much better than the Toei Carranger footage
>>
>>21455170
>So why did Divatox succeed when Rita and Zedd failed?
They didn’t. They blew up the Command Center too. Also Divatox’s victory can be chalked up to inconsistent writing and ignoring a set fact.
>Rita and Zedd could have easily sent multiple monsters and putties to attack the Command Center just like Divatox.
No they couldn’t. In MMPR it’s stated that there was a barrier that only allowed either those with power coins or allowed specifically by a coin user to get in. It’s how Evil Tommy got in. It’s why Zedd only got in during Changing Of The Zords when the lowered the shields. It just magically stopped existing in Turbo I guess, but it was explained why Zedd and Rita never raided it. Goldar and Rito only got in because Zedd found a secret passage that bypassed the barrier.
>>
I wanted to know if there is a hardcover series of Power Rangers comics that has all the monthly comics, one-shots and miniseries that take place in the same main continuity in relatively order of release. Same as Transformers and TMNT from IDW.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Transformers:_The_IDW_Collection

https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_(IDW)
>>
>>21455291
What about Ivan Ooze? The barrier didn't stop him.
>>
>>21454618
For you
>>
>>21455315
Non-canon movie.
>>
>>21454988
The problem with Divatox was that her “victories” required either gaping plot holes, conveniences, or totally different entities showing up and handling it but for some reason treating her like the boss (like Havoc and Goldgoyle).
If anything, the only real plot conveniences Rita and Zedd got were against them. The Rangers got out of a lot of losses by pure luck.
>>
>>21453826
Yeah, I just worry that they're going to make 'mature' Power Rangers and just makes it Snyder-level edgelordfest.

Just make it like Post-Zordon - Disney, where kids and adults can enjoy without feeling left out.
>>
>>21455391
It’s really odd to me how it feels like the Post Zordon era has become the black sheep of Power Rangers. It always feels like the new shows refuse to even look at them as a tone or style reference, yet Lost Galaxy had the highest ratings in the franchise, Time Force was so popular that we almost got a movie despite the failure of Turbo, Forever Red is still a franchise milestone remembered by everyone, and Lightspeed Rescue still has an audience. Wild Force is the only one not highly regarded or really lasting.
I can get why RPM might have been considered a bit too much for executives, but PZ era was the sweetspot and it paid off at the time. I’m not saying to directly copy it, but at least look at what made it work.
>>
>>21455391
>Just make it like Post-Zordon - Disney, where kids and adults can enjoy without feeling left out.

Just make like Zordon era. Particularly like the storytelling from PRiS. That show was absolutely amazing.
>>
>>21455353
>Non-canon movie.
LOL what? Since when? It's always been canon.
>>
>>21455461
It has never been canon. I take it you didn’t watch season 3.
>>
>>21455461
You've thought the Ivan Ooze movie is canon all this time? How the fuck could you? The show presents a completely different version of the story of how they get the ninjazords.
>>
>>21455478
>>21455489
LOL Is that it? That's your argument? The Zords? The movie is just the TV show with a higher budget and improved tweaked visuals.

Replace the Desert of Despair with another planet. Replace Ninjor with a hot blonde warrior woman. That's it.

Are you gonna tell me that Tommy never went skydiving in the TV show therefore it's not canon? Give me a break.
>>
>>21455353
>>21455461
>>21455478
>>21455489
>>21455526
You can definitely shoehorn the movie in continuity, the video games of the movie basically mix season 2 and end with the movie. Here is a convoluted explanation to make it work:
https://miscrave.com/articles/power-ranger-movie-continuity/

>>21455366
>If anything, the only real plot conveniences Rita and Zedd got were against them. The Rangers got out of a lot of losses by pure luck.
That's a real life lesson anon, luck is everything and Divatoxes in life get ahead :(
>>
>>21454079
I imagine Bandai's US-original costume budget evaporated after Eddie's budget mishap led to them funding half of the season.
>>
>>21454399
Ollie would be most likely to recognise them.
>>
>>21455526
Anon, that... That's not how it works. You can't just "replace Ninjor with Dulcea" and suddenly MMPRTM is in continuity with the show. I mean, I guess you could, but you could do that with anything and make anything in continuity with anything. You could replace the Zeo Zords with the Turbo Zords and suddenly PR Zeo is PR Turbo. You could replace Astronema with Darth Vader and suddenly PR In Space is Star Wars.
>>
>>21455366
Maybe fake memories Divatox isn't a bad idea after all
>>
>>21455313
Yeah, Deluxe hardcovers I think
>>
>>21451527
I think it's like sleep walking, your mind and body acting differently
Zordon had a nightmare at the start of Flores' run reenacting the time warp shit so that could've been the exact moment Rita busted his corpse out
>>
HotG Shadow of Venjix & Allies Pack 3 Preorder live now! Super Zeo Zords card pack preorder bonus

https://renegadegamestudios.com/shadow-of-venjix-info
>>
>>21455833
>>
File: download.png (3.43 MB, 2019x1500)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB PNG
>>21455835
>>
File: uf4ao2qh34ca1.jpg (58 KB, 640x547)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>21452680
>Literally 20+ teams not MMPR
>Over 110+ Rangers that are not MPPR
>Just go over Mighty Morphin and it different variations

This video is cringe inducing but points out the sentiment of what PR feels like pandering to just MMPRfags.

Franchises like Pokemon, Transformers, and TMNT don't go to the levels that PR does with Gen1 circlejerking.

The lightning collection is a saving grace to an extent but the lack of non figure merch for other teams/rangers just feels disrespectful. There are fans who are far removed from MMPR as an introduction to the series but they have nothing to represent these series that they can have barring a so-so figure.
>>
>>21455867
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxs2xY8tQEc
Forgot the video
>>
>>21455867
>Franchises like Pokemon...don't go to the levels that PR does with Gen1 circlejerking.

I'm sorry, did you miss the entirety of the 3D era
>>
>>21455867
>Franchises like Pokemon
To quote /vp/ KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>21455867
Again, Dafna said the reason why MMPR gets so much focus is because it's the only season that reasonably support an ongoing
There have been attempts to experiment with other seasons getting the focus but reception varies from mediocre to outright bad.
When it comes to comics especially, a market that missed out entire generations because of the crash of 1996 and a ridged distribution system, it's hard to market and sell IPs, not just Sonic, to nostalgiabait audiences that have never read a comic in their life. And besides, Boom themselves don't want to over rely on Power Ranges and have bigger priorities than expanding on a single licensed property even if PR is their best selling licenseshit right now.
>>
>>21455867
>Franchises like Pokemon, Transformers, and TMNT don't go to the levels that PR does with Gen1 circlejerking.
Yes they fucking do. Hence KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and the trukk not munky crowd
>>
Also, another thing about nostalgiabait
Most know what Power Rangers are but that doesn't mean most people grew up on them
The Disney era came out on fucking Jetix and ABC
Most kids were watching Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, and Nickelodeon
That greatly limits the range of nostalgia and I wouldn't be surprised if more kids grew up playing the Disney era toys (because some aunt/uncle/grandparent bought it for them for the Holidays) instead of watching them as they were coming out
>>
File: 1463583996063.gif (2.15 MB, 219x150)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB GIF
>>21455833
>>21455835
>>21455837
>90 USD shipping
These fuckers are getting delusional with their pricing.
>>
>>21455718
>Deluxe hardcovers

This is not what I asked. If you look at what's in each volume in the harcovers I've posted as examples you can see that they include all comics and miniseries from the continuity together. This collection you posted does not.
>>
>>21455170
>Rita and Zedd could have easily sent multiple monsters and putties to attack the Command Center just like Divatox.
Mutually assured destruction. Zordon also knew where Rita and Zedd's Palace was, so if they tried attacking the Command Center, Zordon could send a Megazord to flatten their palace. Divatox's Space Base wasn't a sitting duck like Rita and Zedd's Palace, so she had nothing to fear in terms of retaliation. Also at that point in time the Megazords had been destroyed, so the Rangers had little defense against an all out siege of the place.
>>
>>21456043
>Divatox's Space Base wasn't a sitting duck like Rita and Zedd's Palace,
She was in the water. The Rangers could've done some basic sonar and found her location.
>>
>>21456057
...Anon. The Subcraft was a submarine and also spaceship. It can fly. Also "the water" covers 70% of the planet. What the fuck.
>>
MMPR and Friendship is Magic team up when, Hasbro
>>
>>21456077
The Subcraft was within walking distance of Angel Grove. Divatox once lost her memory and wandered to town by accident. She wasn't exactly a genius in evasive maneuvers.
>>
>>21456137
>The Subcraft was within walking distance of Angel Grove.
This only matters if the Rangers know that's where she is.
>She wasn't exactly a genius in evasive maneuvers.
Even the dumbest people understand the concept of "run when chased."
>>
File: Fm9eUTpaAAAfHCi.jpg (80 KB, 477x733)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>
https://youtu.be/FdKTxVyFX_I?t=63
>>
>>21456161
Western PR designers really need to learn how to differentiate visors. Take a cue from seasons like Space and SPD for Rangers that have similar visors yet still different.
>>
Honestly PR should go all original if the people making it keep insisting on skipping sentai.
>>
Why did they skip Zyuohger? Don’t kids love Minecraft shit?
>>
>>21456265
In Space is one of the worst because it's hard to notice when they are all facing forward
>>
File: FnRNfjTXgAEY_HP.jpg (869 KB, 1080x1350)
869 KB
869 KB JPG
Kath Lobo's Divatox design
Puberty really did her favors
>>
File: FnRNfjRXwAANeNc.jpg (594 KB, 1080x1350)
594 KB
594 KB JPG
I know Cam's actor was in his 30s and the same goes for JB Reese's but it's jarring to think anyone can look at Divatox and assume she's a teenager
>>
>>21456308
But at the very least the visors are different enough, and technically the design was meant to invoke palette swaps in gaming. But problem with Omega Rangers and now Turtle Rangers is that it's literal palette swaps. And no , before anyone points it out, Omega's triangles are too small a detail for a difference than In Space's corner visors.
>>
>>21456327
Technically the Omegas have two different sets of visors so only half are palette swaps of each other (not counting gold which uses the red/black visor) but I see what you mean
>>
>>21456313
Michael Hollander was 27 and Jason Chan was 31-32 with Hillary Shepard the oldest at 38 and Carol Hoyt at 35. But yeah, white women age worse than Asian and Black guys
>>
File: Divatox-by-OLS.jpg (968 KB, 3717x3696)
968 KB
968 KB JPG
>>21456310
>>21456313
>Puberty really did her favors
Indeed.
>>
Adding onto the Scorpina discourse from the last thread
Stranding her in the coinless universe led to a lot of wasted potential
No interactions with Goldar and the other Evil Space Aliens, no backstory material, etc because she couldn't appear in GGPR and the best story we got from her with interactions with her fellow villains was a side story from an annual
She lasted an arc and a half in the main title
>>
>>21455894
Nah a lot of kids watched Jetix
>>
>>21456410
Most kids didn't have Jetix
It's why a cartoon being sent there or Nicktoons was considered a death sentence
>>
>>21456413
Jetix was just a block on ABC Family and Toon Disney in the US. Did most people not have those channels? ABC Family definitely was pretty widespread during the years Jetix still ran on it.
>>
>>21456423
It was part of a premium package
Most families didn't want to pay the extra mile
Barely anyone I knew had Jetix growing up
>>
>>21456423
toon disney/disney XD were extra channels. ratings were always a 4th of what nickelodean had at best.
>>
>>21456432
Either I was a bougier kid than I realized or I'm just crazy because I knew several other friends with it.
>>
File: divatox.png (2.29 MB, 966x1192)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB PNG
>>21456313
>What would you say is the most defining feature of Divatox?
>Her tits.
>...Besides that.
>Her mask?
>Exactly! So how about I redesign her so she's lacking either one of or both of those?
>Why would you wa--
>I'm a good character designer!
>>
>>21456393
>Stranding her in the coinless universe led to a lot of wasted potential
>No interactions with Goldar and the other Evil Space Aliens, no backstory material
Maybe she was absent from The Mutiny to Goldar's Vice-Versa because Zedd sent her on a secret mission to Aquitar or some shit, but whatever, just write her out into the void of irrelevance. Fucking hacks.
>>
>>21456507
Fuck it, some shit happens/will happen in the future where she interdimensional time traveled back to the main universe right after the Promethea arc, loses her memory, and left Zedd's service before the MMPR time-skip but comes back just in time for Soul of the Dragon in Season 3
That's my theory/head canon until they do something to contradict it
Still wouldn't make up for the lost potential, hoping that the MMPR/TMNT sequel can deliver anything with her since this is the first time Ryan's writing an actually villainous Scorpina
>>
File: FnPnRTgXEAAsnQa.jpg (224 KB, 1020x1556)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>
>>21456281
They are for Netflix?
>>
File: 1466800995390.jpg (107 KB, 1200x675)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>21456621
I think the TMNT crossover is the perfect example of the entire comic book aspect of this franchise. Potential, but endless shat the bed time after time.
>>
>>21456438
Thats great and all but he also said ABC family. Almost everyone had that.
>>
>>21456445
What's her final design?
>>
>>21456628
>Potential, but endless shat the bed time after time.
Bruh, the TMNT crossovers have been great
The only people largely miffed about them are those sick of MMPR Season 1 pandering
Otherwise, it's largely more popular than the other comic crossovers this IP has had
>>
>>21451610
This feels like something Scioli would come up with
>>
>>21455889
Ok but why are they doing Ranger's Academy?
>>
>>21456634
Because heaven forbid a character like Divatox show a little leg.
>>
>>21456632
the jetix brand was only aired on abc family for a few years. power rangers was only on there during the strong dino thunder years too. in season like jungle fury it was very much on dead channels.
>>
>>21456646
Because this franchise is cursed
Really though, looking at what little we do know about Ranger Academy it seems to be aimed at getting potential new readers the same way Marvel tried in the 2010's to appeal to the YA crowd. On one hand they got Rainbow Rowell on the other......Gabby Rivera. Let us pray that as bad as Maria Mora can be, she is not a Gabby Rivera. DC did the same with a YA imprint of graphic novels. So here is a title (please don't be an ongoing) designed to draw in people without an established cast outside of whatever familiar faces they hinted to show up in to get into the series and potentially branch out. Someone probably thought "Hey Lumberjanes does well in the trade market and Power Rangers is our strongest licenseshit IP right now, lets mix them together" or maybe it was Hasbro's idea. That's the theory I have, I don't think it's a good idea, I'd rather we have a second ongoing or consecutive minis to properly replace the Omegas and flesh out the leftover plotlines and potentially rectify continuity rather than something entirely different.
>>
>>21456669
Okay, replace Lumberjanes with Giant Days
That's probably a better comparison and one that would leave our sanity intact better
>>
Kinda interested in the reunion thing, new season looks meh...You can have female, heck a whole team of mostly female is fine, but my goodness the suits are trash. Glad I drop Dino Fury midway.
>>
>>21456654
But she's in skin tight pants meaning you can see ass cheeks

And her mask tits are there

???
>>
>>21455461
>It’s always been canon
>>21455526
>Replace the Desert of Despair with another planet. Replace Ninjor with a hot blonde warrior woman.
It’s one or the other anon. It’s canon to the continuity or it isn’t.

>>21455571
That article is borderline nonsensical and still doesn’t make it work.
>>
>>21456729
>But she's in skin tight pants meaning you can see ass cheeks
Except we never do.
>And her mask tits are there
>???
I was referring to the discarded designs that didn't have them.
>>
>>21455652
If the Turbo movie is canon then so is the first.
>>
>>21456758
That is literally not how it works at all. MMPRTM was made by Fox, not Saban, has several massive differences from the show, and is retconned and redone by Season 3. The Rangers have the Thunder Zords again; Finster, Squatt, and Baboo are nowhere to be seen in the movie; no one in the show mentions Ivan Ooze, Mordant, or Dulcea; the Rangers (and Zedd, Rita, and Goldar) react to the Ninja Zords, their Ninja Ranger outfits, and the Tenga Warriors as if they'd never seen anything like them before; etc.

TAPRM, meanwhile, was made by Saban and literally acts as the season premiere for Power Rangers Turbo and the season itself (and later Power Rangers In Space) outright acknowledges this, as well as the film's events. The film is the write out for Rocky; it's the introduction for Justin, the Turbo Powers and Zords, and Divatox and her crew (the show does not introduce them for people who missed the movie at all, you're already meant to know who they all are); there are several references to Maligore throughout the season; etc.
>>
File: based on what.jpg (441 KB, 1280x720)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
>>21456758
>>
>>21456743
Ohhh I get it sorry we wont see her ass like a regular PR episode with skirtless rangers

Im just trying to be positive ok
>>
>>21456758
That’s not how movies or continuity works, anon.
MMPRTM is an alternate telling of how the Rangers got the Ninja powers and Zords. It does not line up with the main timeline from how it happens to even the basic Space Alien lineup and how the Tenga Warriors happened (called Tengu in the movie).
Turbo might have been jarring, but it specifically links Zeo to Turbo. The movie is even referenced by Divatox on various occassions. She even says that Dark Specter looked like her fiancé (Maligore).
>>
>>21456676
I know you're trying to stick to comics Boom's published, but I'm really hoping if they're going that route it's something like Gotham Academy. If you're just going to have a flimsy plot as an excuse to pad out the slice-of-life antics, at least let it be somewhat charming instead of forced.
>>
So we're all gonna pretend that Maligore didn't just morph into Dark Specter. Or how how the Power Chamber looks different just for the Turbo movie. Or how the Turbo Zords were very different in the movie too.You really gonna say that's canon? Please.
>>
>>21456832
https://youtu.be/ntSLTkqQUkM?t=561
bruh
>>
>>21456832
>So we're all gonna pretend that Maligore didn't just morph into Dark Specter
Divatox literally references it in From Out of Nowhere Part 1”. She says Specter looks like her fiancé when trying to get in good with Specter, referencing Maligore.
>Or how how the Power Chamber looks different just for the Turbo movie.
Not a continuity error, that’s called a budget.
>Or how the Turbo Zords were very different in the movie too.
They were just a bit more detailed, that’s it.
>You really gonna say that's canon? Please.
>>21456837 already tore you a new one fast.
>>
>>21456837
Thanks for agreeing with me.
>>
>>21456852
>They were just a bit more detailed, that’s it.
That's not just a bit detailed you absolute mong. The cockpit is completely different. They don't magically transform into super sized versions anymore. And for some reason the Rangers use freaking Go-carts.
>>
>>21456853
How is that agreeing with you? He literally just proved that the Turbo movie is canon.

>The cockpit is completely different.
Chop it up to budget and Saban not giving a fuck about basic details lining up. The show still proves the movie’s canon.

>They don't magically transform into super sized versions anymore.
Who says that we just don’t see it in the show? It was established in the movie.

>And for some reason the Rangers use freaking Go-carts.
Not the Zords
>>
File: Go cart Cockpit.jpg (62 KB, 852x640)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>21456861
>Not the Zords
Stop lying through your teeth. The go-carts dock with their Zords. It's completely different in the movie.
>>
>>21456865
Separate vehicle =/= Zord
Who says they weren’t already docked? Who says they weren’t adjusted after the film? Either way, the Turbo movie is directly referenced in the show, is the jumping point of the show, and introduced Justin and phased out Rocky, which continued in the show.
>>
>>21456837
GOoooooooooOOoooooooooooooOoOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>21456837
I can't deal with how the Zeo powers got ruined from water. It never bothered me as a kid but it does now.
>>
>>21456873
The big thing that upset me was how Zeo ended promising so much cool stuff. Then you get to the movie and Zedd and Rita are just gone for fucking Divatox.
>>
>>21456852
You guys know he's a troll right?
>>
>>21456875
If Gamerasperg has taught us anything, it’s that the line is officially blurred.
>>
>>21456877
>Gamerasperg
who?
>>
>>21456878
Prepare
>>21431562
The way it all ends is a pretty good summary.
>>
I always thoughr as a kid the MMP4 movie was canon. Here's how it works. Ivan Ooze launches a surprise attack and trashes the Command Center which cuts off the Rangers from their Earth Thunder powers. So the Rangers temporarily go to another Planet to get Alien Ninja powers during the movie. Then sacrifice their Alien Ninja powers to revive Zordon and reverse time to fully restore the Command Center at the end of movie. With the Command Center repaired at the end of the movie, the Rangers go back to their Thunder Powers. And the Alien Ranger Powers go back to their original planet. Until the Earth Thunder Powers are lost against Rito Revolto. So the Rangers find Ninjor who gives them Ninja powers from Earth. This is somewhat reinforced during Power Rangers in Space when they talk about some planets having Ranger teams/heroes and there being planetary Rangers which are based specific planets only. That's what the MMPR team was. They went to a planet to borrow its powers to fight Ivan Ooze who temporarily disabled their Thunder powers.
>>
>>21456875
>anyone I disagree with and can't beat in a debate is a troll
Try harder anon.
>>
>>21456881
Fanfiction: The Post
>>
>>21456883
>Can’t beat in a debate
>Anon literally posts proof that the Turbo movie was canon to the television show by showing it was IN the televisions show
Shit, I try not to ever cry samefag, but ARE you Gamerasperg?
>>
>>21456869
>Separate vehicle =/= Zord
It's part of the Zord you mong. They can't use the TV show cockpit without it.

>Either way, the Turbo movie is directly referenced in the show
So your whole argument is... references? Wow. Okay, well the movie references Rita and Zedd and Goldar. And it's set in Angel Grove and the Rangers look exactly their TV show counterparts and use the same morphing powers. Zordon and Alpha are in it too. Wait a minute...im thinking it's canon based your logic.
>>
The US cockpits and zord footage is great and it's disappointing that they never did it again.
>>
>>21456875
Naw, he's genuine. Genuinely autistic, the kind you can't communicate with.
>>
They have no reason to talk about Ivan Ooze again. He was beaten and defeated. Case closed. Job done. Divatox was still out there. So of course they still need to talk about her.
>>
>>21456896
>It's part of the Zord you mong. They can't use the TV show cockpit without it.
Good job not reading what I wrote. You literally didn’t respond to my point.

>So your whole argument is... references?
Referencing the events of the movie, having the story jump directly off of it, and even playing clips from it makes it canon. I really am not understanding why this is so hard for you to understand.
>>
>>21456885
Based on Power Ranger seasons since the MMPR movie and Hasbro official canon, we now know that Rangers can have multiple powers at the same time. Tommy can choose between multiple powers. TJ can choose between his Turbo Powers and Space powers. Old Powers can be repaired too. We also know that multiple themes can exist repeatedly. There can multiple Dino teams, Multiple Ninja teams, Etc. Zordon probably felt that keeping ranger powers from another planet was wrong and the Rangers sent their Alien Ninja powers back after their Thunder powers were restored. If Hasbro says it's possible then I agree.
>>
>>21456905
>Referencing the events of the movie, having the story jump directly off of it, and even playing clips from it makes it canon. I really am not understanding why this is so hard for you to understand.
"One way" references is not an argument. Either it works both ways or not at all. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too.
>>
>>21456903
Yet they brought up Maligore a few times, and he died in his movie.

You’re also missing the biggest point here: The Turbo movie directly explains how they got the Turbo powers, Turbo Zords, and how Justin became a Ranger. The show begins with the powers, Zords, and Justin already there, then the movie’s clips used to show the audience that didn’t see the movie what happened.

The MMPR movie showed how the Rangers lost their powers, lost their Zords, met with a mysterious figure, got their Ninja powers, got their Ninja Zords, and how the Tengas showed up.
Season 3 showed how the Rangers lost their powers, lost their Zords, met with a mysterious figure, got their Ninja powers, got their Ninja Zords, and how the Tengas showed up. The movie is never referenced, Finster, Squatt, Baboo, and Rito are not around, a new goon that never shows up again is there instead.
>>
>>21456908
What the fuck are you even talking about? The show wasn’t even out yet.
>>
>>21456902
Then stop talking to him
>>
>>21456911
>posting a fan made website
Unless Saban said it was non-canon then a fan wiki site doesn't count. Show me actual toy merchandise that said the movie isn't canon.

>The MMPR movie showed how the Rangers lost their powers, lost their Zords, met with a mysterious figure, got their Ninja powers, got their Ninja Zords, and how the Tengas showed up.
The movie showed us how they got one set of ninja powers. Like theory crafting anon from several posts above me suggested, there aren't only one set of Ninja powers in the whole Galaxy. Try again. Next please.
>>
>All this mental gymnastics over Power Rangers Turbo
what the fuck you guys?
>>
Well if the comics are now canon according to Hasbro then I don't see why the movie can't be canon. Power Rangers had done a lot of zany stuff and I don't know why the movie can't work as well.
>>
>>21456919
Its pretty funny reading the arguments. But why can't fans just accept that the 1st Power Rangers movie was an adventure the team had during their career and leave it at that?
>>
>>21456916
>Show me actual toy merchandise that said the movie isn't canon.
Why would toys say “Non canon” on them? Are you seriously this stupid?

>The movie showed us how they got one set of ninja powers. Like theory crafting anon from several posts above me suggested, there aren't only one set of Ninja powers in the whole Galaxy. Try again. Next please.
You whine about Wikipedia being a “fan site” then site someone’s fucking fanfiction as proof of another set of powers that just so happen to be the exact same powers and Zords all over again? You really ARE this stupid. I’m almost convinced you’re Gamerasperg now.
>Make a stupid point
>Get debunked
>Make up ridiculous bullshit and pretend it’s a point
>>
>>21456922
>Well if the comics are now canon according to Hasbro
Dude, they're secondary canon
I'm the biggest Boomfag in this general and I'll be the first to admit the show and comic's canon don't line up even if you wanna argue in favor of the sliding timeline argument
We literally had discussions about Scorpina's "exit" from the comics happening way too early to work well where she just vanished in the show
The first movie isn't canon but Turbo is
>>
>>21456922
Because the continuity doesn’t fit. “Hurr zany stuff happens” is not a handwave, anon.
>>21456927
Because the show tells the exact same story differently about the same powers and same Zords, and a fanfiction made up by a random anon about time travel doesn’t suddenly negate that.
>>
>>21456881
I come up with explanations to explain plot holes in the comics that contradict with the show in my head and even I think you're reaching
>>
File: Rita-headache-small.gif (3.56 MB, 250x177)
3.56 MB
3.56 MB GIF
>>21456881
>Zordon's plasma tube in the show is essentially a fancy screen projecting his signal from a time warp, whereas in the movie he's actually physically in the tube.
>Where did Finster, Squatt, and Baboo go?
>Where did Mordant go?
>Why would Goldar immediately bail on Zedd when in the show he's fiercely loyal to him? If the movie was in continuity with the show, Zedd and Rita would be giving Goldar shit for his betrayal for the entirety of Season 3.
>Why would the Rangers not react to receiving Ninja Powers and Zords almost completely identical to the ones they just got from Phaedos not too long ago?
>Why wouldn't the Rangers ask Ninjor if he knew Dulcea?
>Why wouldn't the Rangers just ask Zordon and Alpha to send them back to Phaedos immediately, instead of moping around and asking unhelpful shit like where their powers came from?
>Why wouldn't the Rangers recognize the Tengas?
>Why would the Rangers (or the show in general) never mention Ivan Ooze ever again?
>Why wouldn't one of the Rangers (likely Rocky) say "Wow, if I had a nickel for every time we lost our Dino Powers and the Command Center was wrecked because of a new villain and we had to replace our old powers with new Ninja Powers, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it's happened twice."
>>
>>21456928
>Why would toys say “Non canon” on them? Are you seriously this stupid?
Why would anything official say what is and isn't canon? Saban said its all Power Rangers. Therefore it's Power Rangers. That's it. There's no more argument to be had. Your fan obsession of splitting things into "canon" doesn't work. You don't have authority to do that as a fan. If Saban said its all canon, the only option you have is to come up with reasons why it works and how it all lines up. Not how it doesn't. That's your only option here.
>>
Do Pokemon fans deal with autists like this?
The kind that try to argue EVERY movie is canon?
>>
>>21456938
>It’s all Power Rangers so continuity isn’t real
Each show directly building off the other until In Space calls bullshit on that.
>Your fan obsession of splitting things into "canon" doesn't work.
You are the very first person I have talked to that doesn’t acknowledge it, and on top of it you speech out about it.
>If Saban said its all canon
Find the quote for me.
>>
File: pudgy-pig-mmpr.png (1017 KB, 645x735)
1017 KB
1017 KB PNG
>>21456903
>They have no reason to talk about Ivan Ooze again. He was beaten and defeated.
Do you have any idea how many times they referenced Pudgy Pig? They were still talking about his fat bacon ass all the way up through TURBO. You don't think the big theatrical film villain who ushered in the Ninja Zords and nearly killed Zordon would get at least ONE mention in the show's thirty year history?
>>
>>21456945
Even DB fans acknowledge that there’s a bunch of non canon movies. Hell I love DBZ movies 1-6 with a passion and I’m aware they don’t line up with the show/manga.
>>
>>21456937
>Zordon's plasma tube in the show is essentially a fancy screen projecting his signal from a time warp, whereas in the movie he's actually physically in the tube.

Maybe they were testing a new tube. But realized how vulnerable it made Zordon when Ivan Ooze attacked. so they went back to the old tube

>Where did Finster, Squatt, and Baboo go?
They were off world in another mission for Rita and Zedd

>Why would Goldar immediately bail on Zedd when in the show he's fiercely loyal to him?
Goldar is just becoming disillusioned after so many failures and being yelled at.

>If the movie was in continuity with the show, Zedd and Rita would be giving Goldar shit for his betrayal for the entirety of Season 3.
Perhaps they did and forgave him realizing he's more useful as a slave than as a potential enemy running around without a master.

>Why would the Rangers not react to receiving Ninja Powers and Zords almost completely identical to the ones they just got from Phaedos not too long ago?
You've seen one Ninja powers you've seen them. The Rangers are over it.

>Why wouldn't the Rangers ask Ninjor if he knew Dulcea?
Well Dulcea is from another planet and grew up there. Ninjor has been in seclusion in a temple for hundreds of years maybe. It doesn't line up.

>Why wouldn't the Rangers just ask Zordon and Alpha to send them back to Phaedos immediately, instead of moping around and asking unhelpful shit like where their powers came from?
Maybe Zordon said they have to solve their problems on their own this time and not endanger another world. Or not to take powers away from a future alien ranger team that might need it.

>Why would the Rangers (or the show in general) never mention Ivan Ooze ever again?
The Rangers almost never talk about old enemies they defeat. Once they are beaten the Rangers generally move on. Ivan was simply a MOTW with a bigger budget. He was beaten and they moved on.
>>
>>21456947
>Find the quote for me.
No anon. The default is everything is canon unless proven otherwise. If you don't like it, then directly show me Saban saying it's set in alternate universe. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it true. You know I'm right because you can't find a single source that says the movie is not canon. Not one.
>>
>>21456949
To be fair, pudgy pig is pretty memorable. Dangerous yet charismatic. Ivan Ooze is probably a villain they would like to forget considering he almost killed Zordon.
>>
>>21456958
>Says Saban said it’s all canon
>Find the quote for me
>No
And with that we’re done here. You’re making shit up and have no sources for it.
>>
>>21456969
>And with that we’re done here.

Anon I asked you FIRST here >>21456916

But you ignored it. You don't get to lie and pretend you asked before me.

You said it's not canon. I asked you to prove it with a Saban quote.

Still waiting.
>>
>>21456979
Different anon, but I don't understand how MMPRTM ending with the Rangers having the Ninja Zords and MMPR Season 3 starting with the Rangers still having the Thunder Zords isn't sufficient enough for you.
>>
>>21456979
You said Saban said it’s canon. You refuse to give a source and suddenly demand I give a counter source screaming it’s not canon.
The source is the movie, you idiot. It doesn’t line up and it’s retold in season 3. Turbo. Was directly used as the launchpad for its show complete with Justin.
The fact is you have no basic comprehension skills. Unless it is written in neon lights you can’t understand really basic things everyone but you agreed on decades ago. I really hope you’re a troll, otherwise you are stupid on a whole new level.

>I asked you to prove it with a Saban quote.
I never said Saban himself said it. You, however, lied and said he said it’s all canon, and you can’t find me the source.
>>
>>21456983
Because he’s an idiot. Literally all there is to it.
>>
>>21456984
>You said Saban said it’s canon. You refuse to give a source and suddenly demand I give a counter source screaming it’s not canon.

Once again you trying to rewrite history. You were the FIRST one in the entire thread to make the claim it was not canon >>21455353

So Stop LYING and prove it. Or admit you really can't prove it officially. Which is it?

>The source is the movie, you idiot. It doesn’t line up and it’s retold in season 3.
Thats NOT how sourcing works. Not even Wikipedia allows that. Self-quoted sources are NOT a source. Saying 'the source is itself' is not a source.

You need a Third party to verify it. Either the rights holder of Power Rangers (Saban) or some other piece of supporting movie merchandise that supports it.
>>
>>21456997
Your reading comprehension skills are so awful that your “argument” is borderline incoherent with how wrong it is.
>The movie that doesn’t match up with the show and tells the same story differently isn’t a source!
>>
>>21456983
Time skip. They gave their powers back to Dulcea. Went back to Thunder Powers. 1 other anon already said it as possibility. Later seasons and Hasbro comkcs imply that the certain Ranger powers are linked to their home planets. Taking them away from their home planet was an emergency measure because Zordon was nearly dead and Ivan Ooze was about to win.
>>
>>21457000
>ignores entire post.
Still waiting.

Quote me ANYTHING outside of the movie itself. That means Saban, Real life Movie Producers, or anything remotely official to back up your FIRST claim in the thread.

I'll even take a Power Ranger party napkin that says, "The 1995 Power Rangers movie isn't canon to TV show, but it's still a great adventure for all ages!"

Or you can say:

"Okay anon. I'll admit there is no 'official' source that says the movie isn't canon. But as a fan I feel like it doesn't line up to the TV show for the following reasons..."

These are the only legit replies you have available to you if want me to concede anything. Any other reply is admitting you can't do it.

Inb4:

>muh troll
>muh schizo
>muh the source is itself!
>muh it's obvious I'm right and your wrong
>muh no u do it!
>muh let me lie about what I wrote and hope anon doesn't call me out
>>
>>
>>21457008
Hmm to be fair that's what the Galaxy Rangers did. They returned their Galaxy Ranger Powers back to the original planet they found it after defeating Takeena. Then left them there for the next generation of Rangers.
>>
>>21457008
So you literally have to do a convoluted headcanon to make it work when it would be easier and saner to just regard the movie as it’s own separate thing.
>>
>>21457023
Why does it matter to you so much that the movie be part of the main canon?
>>
>>21457035
I don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
>>
>>21457023
I am absolutely not the anon you are arguing with, but I'll be straight with you. There is no piece of official merchandise or behind the scenes interview that supports other anon's claims about the 1995 movie being not being canon. Not one shred of evidence. Does that answer your question? The other anon will never admit it though. You won't get that satisfaction.

You are technically correct. But the other anon will never admit it because internet nerds don't like admitting their are wrong on the internet or admitting any sort of perceived defeat. They would rather burn this entire thread to the ground with shit posts than give you a victory. So just let it go anon. You are technically correct. Take the win and move on from this topic.

I am saying this because I'm tired of this subject. It's just a handful of stubborn anons debating about a 25 year old movie that isn't relevant to modern Power Rangers anymore. I much rather talk about current Boom comics or the upcoming anniversary special. That old movie doesn't matter anymore.
>>
My dick is canon to your moms.
>>
>>21457051
amit said basically the entire staff including tzachor didn't consider the movie a part ofn their power rangers and deliberately ignoring it. to the point that jeff pruitt who worked on the movie didn't get to come back and was replaced by sakamoto. Now amit tzachor and the saban staff also borderline considered disney seasons non-canon especially since he's a continuity autist but that is a real perspective. those creating the show never followed it which is the definition of non-canon. they follow the stuff they made themselves. simple as that.
>>
inb4 Ivan Ooze returns in Cosmic Fury
>>
>>21456291
Because the only designs that weren't shit were the helmets, and I haven't seen proper helmets of the current season sold since Jungle Fury.
>>
>>21456281
Kyuranger is the only unadapted Sentai before Ryusoulger that didn't look awful. Only the quality of the designs matters if PR is going to be rewriting the story anyway. Kiramager could have worked and KingOhger has potential but Hasbro insist that Americans can design better toku characters, despite the years of comics acting as evidence for the contrary.
>>
>>21457051
Not one thing you wrote was correct though. It literally doesn’t line up to continuity. Just saying “technically” with nothing to back it up doesn’t mean shit.
>>
>>21457051
You seriously think >>21457008 is right, making up shit to say it fits.
You’re just as stupid.
>>
>>21457510
>>21457514
I give up. I tried to move the thread forward and get people to change the subject. But I clearly failed. I am done. Go ahead and keep arguing with the other anons.

Yes there are some consistency issues between the 1995 film and the TV show. Yes their stories are different. But you know what? It does not matter. The condition for you winning this argument is you providing Saban interviews or written official mateiral that discusses the movie being non-canon. And I have never seen anything like existing that in 20 years.

Other anon is technically correct. You can't provide it. So this argument is pointless. Why are you still fighting him? You can't fulfill anon's conditions for making him admit defeat. So why bother?

>You’re just as stupid.
But I guess I'm stupid now according to you. OK. I'm done. Amaze us with your detective skills then. You heard other anon. He will only accept interviews from Saban or official written material. Continue arguing over something pointless and you can't win. I will sit back and eat popcorn.
>>
>>21457569
You are stupid because what you say is stupid there I solved the mystery
>>
>>21457570
I'm not the one you need to argue with. I can clearly see the stories don't line up. But unless the company that *owns* Power Rangers says it's not canon, then there is nothing you can do about it. You think you are the first fandom to experience huge inconsistenties? The same thing has already happened to so many other fandoms Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. Those fans screamed about it, but had to accept it since the owners never de-canonized it. Unless you find something official, you can't win or make other anon concede. Just move on. Im done responding to you and this pointless argument you are having with other people.
>>
>>21457569
>I tried to move the thread forward and get people to change the subject
Telling the autist who is wrong as fuck “It’s ok you’re right because I said ‘technically’” isn’t suddenly hand waving the subject, it makes you a jannie wannabe that sided with the guy who thinks his fanfiction is canon.

>He will only accept interviews from Saban or official written material.
He is only saying that because I specifically asked him where Saban said everything is canon, because he said Saban said that. Being a disingenuous dummy, he went “No YOU say where he wrote something you didn’t say he said!”
Him demanding something doesn’t mean he’s right, especially when I never said he said it. You watch the movie and it is literally a separate telling of the exact same plot that ends in a position not compatible with the show.

If you don’t like the conversation then talk about the comics yourself.

>But I guess I'm stupid now according to you.
If the IQ fits.
>>
MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS/ TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES II #1 and #2 Storytime

>>>/co/135181665
>>
>>21457583
>especially when I never said he said it.
Let's be honest. You were the first here to make the claim it wasn't canon. There hasn't been any official word from the franchise owners about it.
>>
>>21457598
>You were the first here to make the claim it wasn't canon.
Yes.
>There hasn't been any official word from the franchise owners about it.
Nothing about the movie lines up with the show and it tells the exact same story alternatively with the same beats and same powers, and at the beginning of 3 they still have the Thunderzords. The FBI call that a clue.
>>
>>21456723
Dino Fury is alright (but I'm still waiting for the rest of season 2 to be uploaded). Cosmic Fury sounds like it's going to be a disaster.
>>
>>21457615
Star Trek Discovery is a disaster and nothing lines up with previous Trek shows. Nothing. But CBS says it's canon and Star Trek fans have to accept it.
>>
>>21457654
>Corporation that didn’t make the original show shilling its own show says their show they are selling is canon
What a shock. Also not even close to the same incident, this is a literal alternative telling of the same story.
Also again, find where Saban said the movie is canon. If you keep implying that then you need to prove it.
>>
Hey remember that time where Ivan Ooze shattered Zordon’s tube and there was no wave of good wiping out the villains, and instead he’s just in the tube even thought the show says there’s no physical form in there? Totally canon because Saban said it somewhere but I won’t tell you where.
>>
I never knew there were people who thought the first movie was cannon.
>>
>>21457654
Yep. CBS even came out and said everything they make is canon unless they specifically say otherwise. CBS got really annoyed when fans tried to discount their shows as non-canon or alternate universe.
>>
>>21456873
>I can't deal with how the Zeo powers got ruined from water.
If never ceases to amaze me how many retards have this take and don't understand the impact interrupted the unfinished morph.
>>
>>21457762
As a child it confused me when they used the Thunderzords in "A Friend In Need", but after "Ninja Quest" I realized that the movie wasn't canon because I wasn't a dumbfuck. If my child brain was able to figure that out there's no excuse for anyone here being that stupid.
>>
>Sees the shitshow on the KR community about Titan
Again, say what you want about BOOM, Parrott, Flores, Higgins, etc but we dodged a bullet in comparison
>>
>>21457593
The number #2 is out.
>>
It's still weird to me that Super Megaforce totally ignored the pirate motif. Wasn't Pirates of the Caribbean still popular at the time?
>>
>>21457945
Saban REALLY hates pirates
>>
>>21457918
What's going on with KR snd Titan?

Redman fans are the real winners here.
>>
>>21458010
Brandon Easton's hackery doing the usual, also Kuuga manga translation stuff
>>
>>21457948
not as much as trains
>>
>>21457872
I'll always have this take just to spite you now.
>>
>>21457366
B-But Zyuohger has shark waifu
>>
>>21458015
I haven't caught up with the Kuuga manga (or watched the series to compare). I prefer reading physical manga but it sucks that 'translate the Japanese exactly then fix the sentence structure' is apparently too difficult a task for Americans.
>>
>>21458184
Zyuohger does. Power Rangers Beast Blocks almost certainly wouldn't have.
>>
>>21455889
>Again, Dafna said the reason why MMPR gets so much focus is because it's the only season that reasonably support an ongoing

If that's really the case (though I have my doubts because In Space for example is definitely a very popular season), then that just further proves my point that they should do an anthology book. Keep MMPR as an ongoing and have the anthology book to give other teams some focus. I bet readers would be more interested in that than whatever Rangers Academy is.
>>
>>21457918
>>21458015
okay, now im interested, where can i follow the drama?
>>
File: Ressha-Sentai-ToQger.jpg (86 KB, 580x386)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>21458019
Lightspeed Rescue had a train zord. People always point out the train theme as to why it wasn't adapted but honestly I think the suits were the bigger problem. They look cheap and there's no way in hell anyone could take them seriously. Even Zyougher has better looking suits.
>>
>>21457628
>Cosmic Fury sounds like it's going to be a disaster.
We know literally nothing about Cosmic Fury other than Zedd is the villain and what the Ranger suits look like.
>>
>>21457628
Besides the suits looking bad, I'm worried about it being just 10 episodes. Because besides continuing off the storyline in Dino Fury, isn't it also supposed to be an anniversary season? So the expectations are for it to not only be a good season on its own merits but to also have satisfactory nostalgiabait and it has to do that all within only 10 episodes.
>>
>>21457369
Lupat's designs are great. They just can't use them because cops are bad now. Kiramager's problem is the monsters all look stupid and they have pretty lame looking equipment.

KingOhger was designed to look cool and they have a lot of flashy stuff it looks like so many Hasbro will change their mind after seeing it.

Or maybe PR will die outside of legacy figures because it sure doesn't look like Cosmic Fury is gonna be selling much.
>>
>>21457034
Yeah but it's also shown they can take them back and bring them to Earth whenever they feel like it in the Lightspeed crossover and Forever Red.
>>
>>21458262
>>21458270
Something the writers have said in the recent interviews is that, given it's fully original, they're much more free to write organic story that's not bound by "2 ground fights, a Megazord fight, and the Rangers win at the end of the episode" and also "not needing to spend time introducing any of the Ranger characters"

10 episodes is a bit short, but if it's an exciting enough arc, could be fun, and Simon's said that given that length, there's no time for filler, so I'm at least curious to see what they've got, given all that. "Lesson of the day" episodes have been my biggest problem of the modern show, so hopefully there's none of that here.
>>
>>21452680
FUCKING DO STRONGEST BATTLE ALREADY
>>
For those want a non MMPR season to get a crossover, what do you want and why?
Hard Mode: No TMNT
>>
File: 2.-psychos-reborn.jpg (107 KB, 1001x764)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>21454251
The Psycho Rangers were antagonists in both space seasons (I'm not counting SPD because despite the name its really more of an Earth-based cop season). So it would be fitting to see them come back in Cosmic Fury for that reason.
>>
>>21454614
Yeah you're right they are bat-like. IDK what I was thinking with the beetle thing.
>>
>>21458271
Not a fan of LuPat. The helmets look terrible and the mecha are pretty bad too (not unadaptably bad but I have no issue with them being skipped). The Lupinranger suits are fine though. Instead of the hats, they should have incorporated sunglasses into the helmet designs like Go-Busters and Donbrothers.
Agreed on Kiramager but Hasbro barely care about selling action figures beyond the rangers anyway (the upgrade arms really should have been swappable). The overly toy-like weapons would fit with Hasbro's current approach to PR role play toys.
>>
>>21458271
>They just can't use them because cops are bad now.

IDK if that's a big factor anymore when it comes to kids' programming anymore. Paw Patrol has been back from its hiatus for awhile, for example. Having one team of Rangers be robbers/criminals may be more concerning to Hasbro.
>>
>>21458375
Pretty sure Bennett said it was a combination of both. Which is a little weird because the official PR YouTube channel uploaded SPD, a season containing a team of willingly evil cop rangers.
>>
>>21458375
I think the issue is less that cops in general are bad and more that the Patranger are extremely aggressive cops who's reaction is to shoot first and ask questions never. Their whole problem with the Lupinranger in the first place is that they interfere with their stated goal of immediately killing the Ganglers as soon as possible and their catchphrase is literally "On the authority of the Global Police we can eliminate you with force!" They're basically walking police brutality. The Lupinranger being thieves might be slightly problematic (although they don't really commit crimes beyond being vigiliantes and harassing the cops in the footage) and it's also probably that they fight alot and it seems to be a rule now that all Rangers must be allies and good guys by default because that's how the Morphin Grid works.
>>
>>21458271
>Kramager's problem is the monsters all look stupid and they have pretty lame looking equipment.

I mean its Power Rangers. One of the monsters they fought in Zeo was a a big sentient pink purse. I haven't watched Kiramager but I can't imagine the monsters look that much sillier than what PR has got in the past.

>>21454447
The amount of effort they put in the Lost Galaxy and In Space crossover episodes was crazy. The Psycho Ranger footage was all original because if I'm correct they aren't actually in the Sentai version of the crossover/team-up. Saban was never perfect but sometimes they really hit it on the mark, going above and beyond in a way that Neo-Saban unfortunately never did.
>>
>>21458421
>Saban was never perfect but sometimes they really hit it on the mark, going above and beyond in a way that Neo-Saban unfortunately never did.
I think a large factor with that is, that Chip has mentioned, was that there really wasn't a lot of eyes on them back then. Saban was just busy making his millions in the post-Zordon era, that they were free to tell the stories they wanted to see.

Whereas the second time around was very much the opposite, and Haim had much more involvement and opinions about how the show should be.
>>
>>21458407
>all Rangers must be allies and good guys by default
Hasbro casually forgot that even MMPR had a ranger introduced as a villain and there are plenty of seasons with recurring antagonist rangers. It's not a concept that was tried once, failed and never attempted again.
>>
>>21458229
saban has an actual anti-train agenda when an episode of the toys that made us had them going out of their way to slag off the supertrain megazord and claim everyone hated it.
>>
>>21458437
Haven't looked into him much but he's probably got a lot of money in oil. If people can take the train to work, there's less demand for petrol. No idea why he hates pirates though. Maybe they don't pay enough taxes.
>>
>>21458421
>I haven't watched Kiramager but I can't imagine the monsters look that much sillier than what PR has got in the past.

It's not like that. All of Kiramager's on foot monsters are just dudes in bodysuits with monster heads on them. Imagine if all the monsters were Putty Patrollers wearing the helmets of the monster suits. They're all like that. There's an in story reason for it, as well a budget excuse which was giant monsters and on foot monsters are two seperate monsters in Kiramager so to save budget from needing two monsters an episode one of them reused a simple bodysuit and they only needed to make a head. But either way they look silly and unconvincing even by Sentai/PR standards.
>>
>>21458229
>>21458437
>>21458439
The Super Train sold like shit
>>
>>21458473
so they claim without comparison. on an expensive premium toy, for a season that had a successfuly merh line.
>>
>>21458229
I think the problem is alot of the footage relies on gags about Japanese train culture, and the story heavily requires the Rainbow line sets to make sense. Plus all the cockpit footage has obvious Japanese running on the info displays and like Dekaranger, the team logo TQG is written on almost everything so they'd need to make that stand for something.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (122 KB, 1189x785)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
They're in - Once & Always spoilers, apparently.
>>
>>21458570
Seriously? I guess they made new costumes for them.
>>
>>21458570
>>21458579
something something budget joke something something cosmic fury got screwed
>>
>>21458583
Maybe they got to Toei to do it in exchange for giving them the costumes after for Sentai anniversary stuff
>>
>>21458186
Complaining about localization in a power rangers general, yeah.
>>
>>21458186
Isn't Titan a British publisher?
>>
>>21458570
Does that mean they got Bryan Cranston back?
>>
>>21458672
haha no
>>
>>21458570
Makes sense, one already in and one obvious potential lightning collection figure to sell to collectors
>>
>>21458614
Huh, they might be. Website suggests USA but their Twitter says UK. Although what I've seen of the Titan issue appears to be incompetence rather than deliberately changing the original text for ideological reasons.
>>
>>21458672
I'm pretty sure they would've announced him along with Barbara and Richard if they had. Unless Snizard is still supposed to be a surprise somehow.
>>
File: zedd.gif (1.68 MB, 406x295)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB GIF
>>21456870
MY TEA IN JEN'S ROAR
I always loved the Turbo theme. It gets you hyped. Haters be damned.
>>
>>21458857
It's hype as fuck, but it's no Zeo
>>
NEW
>>21458929
>>21458929
>>21458929
>>
>>21458932
Random choice of OP image, anon.
>>
>>21458229
>there's no way in hell anyone could take them seriously.

I legitimately see no difference when it comes to that and every single Super Sentai/Power Ranger series' suits.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.