[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What /m/ content are you hoping to get from Discotek this year?
>>
Ginguiser
>>
torrent when
>>
as always, Discoshills, thanks for the free shit

https://nyaa.si/?f=0&c=0_0&q=BDMV

https://nyaa.si/?f=0&c=0_0&q=Remux
>>
>>21426815
More Kamen Rider and Metal Heroes.
L-Gaim.
More Brave series.
Captain Harlock on BD.
>>
sweet another shill thread
>>
>>21426829
>>21426839
Would you still be calling these threads if they end up being the ones to actually finish fixing up Might Gaine's subs? After all, they got GGG with even the game-exclusive scenes as extras, the other Braves are possible.
>>
>>21426848
anyone who promotes tranny company is a shill
>>
>>21426829
You're welcome, anon! I'm sure one day you won't be a poorfag and can afford a 40 dollar blu-ray.
>>
File: ordian 4.png (1.65 MB, 868x1228)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
>>21426815
Getting Mazinger Z and Kaiser on Bluray would be a treat. Maybe a rerelease of Neo Ranga. L-Gaim. Ordian subs would be my big one.
>>
>>21426848
>Might Gaine
Isn't it also getting a BD release in Japan soon? So it might actually have a good chance of Discotek grabbing it.
>>
>>21426815
I'm still hoping they can yank up Red Baron, either the original toku or the anime.
>>
>>21426867
It's not a matter of money, it's a matter of principle.
>>
A proper Betterman remaster.
>>
Still waiting for rips of Battle Hackers. Also DT should release Enma-kun 1973.
>>
>>21426815
Kikaider The Animation and Kikaider 01 Re-Edition.
>>
M.D. Geist
>>
Tekaman Blade
>>
>>21426815
Might Gaine
>>
Toei Getter and Time Bokan.

I'd settle for just Yattaman but I'd love them to fully go through the Time Bokan series over time.
>>
Pipe dream but I'd love to see them get Bubblegum Crisis, if only so they can get the original recording of the english version of Konya wa Hurricane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0thAIvSCSI

Beyond that I'd like another copy of Cobra because my blu-ray was apparently a bad burn, but I got it from a guy at a con so I guess that's partly my fault, but I'm still salty.
>>
>>21426839
God forbid we have a thread that isn't about Witch from Mercury, right?
>>
>>21430767
Both can go.
>>
>>21426815
Would love King Gainer Brain Powered, or Infinite Ryvius, hopefully since they got S-cry-ed those would be on the table, especially after Sentai dropped the ball on releasing anything from the Sunrise deal other than Big O.
>>
File: wingman blu.jpg (972 KB, 1081x1375)
972 KB
972 KB JPG
Wingman would be fantastic.
>>
>>21430753
Animeigo did that ages ago. Just get that version.
>>
>>21426815
I wish they’d do a streaming site or release shows via streaming.
>>
2022 covered the majority of shit I was wanting for my collection (GGG bluray, the remainder of Symphogear), but I'd like to see:
>The rest of the Brave series (Though I imagine this is dependent on how fast Sunrise puts them out in Japan on bluray)
>An actually good transfer for Betterman
>Giant Gorg BD release
>Planetes and Layzner license rescues since the former doesn't have a US Bluray release yet and the latter got fucked over by the Bandai Visual shit back in the day
>More Ishinomori stuff like the Kikaider anime
>Sakigake!! Otokojuku US release
>Give into the memes and release What's Michael

>>21431070
Most of their shit is on RetroCrush.
>>
GGG is in shipping and I'll get FINAL when it comes out. I'll get any other Braves if they release them
>>
I hope they all kill themselves
>>
>>21431214
This.
>>
File: based.jpg (79 KB, 1024x572)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>21431214
>>
File: EWq-Qq4VAAE1VQA.jpg (121 KB, 1416x941)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>21431214
>>21431218
>>21431223
>Replying to yourself because you don't like a licensing company

I hate the people that shill for Discotek here like they're the second coming of christ too but the company itself isn't all that bad. I can respect them for being one of the few companies in the west that puts out shit that's more than a few years old (And the ones that do are people like Funimation or VIZ rereleasing old stuff like DBZ/Sailor Moon that they know will sell guaranteed). Nobody else would have the balls to release a film that no one's heard of in the west like Flying Phantom Ship in 2022, let alone make a whole dub for it (And yes, I mean literally no one's heard of, aside from You-know-who dumping his list of best anime ever is only mentioned like 10 times in the archive prior to Discotek licensing it). Are they perfect? Nah, but they're still a pretty cool company for publishing a good chunk of mecha/scifi stuff over here.
>>
File: dbz.jpg (200 KB, 960x720)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>21431424
To add onto my dumb post, I can also respect them for going the extra mile with a bunch of their releases in the name of anime preservation/filling up the disc with as much content as possible. They didn't HAVE to track down the Tobikage dub. They didn't HAVE to tear up the artbook that came with the Japanese Bluray release of Giant Robo so they could scan the contents and include it in their release on the disc. They didn't HAVE to locate and restore the dub for A Thousand and One Nights. They didn't HAVE to scrub through damaged master tapes in order to release the best possible version of Cyborg 009. They didn't HAVE to upscale/restore their Digimon Adventure releases instead of just using whatever they got from Japan. But they still bothered to anyways. If this was Funimation we were talking about we'd probably get some bullshit along the lines of pic related in regards to the audio/video quality.
>>
>>21431424
>a film that no one's heard of in the west like Flying Phantom Ship
Sure it's obscure and forgotten but the movie has an HD release already and people know it as one of Miyazaki's first works or Anno's childhood memory. There is plenty of people online talking about how they saw it as kids, pretending like discokek are somehow pulling a lost masterpiece from license hell or whatever just to make them look good with it is incredibly cheap, you can try harder shill.
>>
>>21431141
>>Sakigake!! Otokojuku US release
This please.

Also if they look into stuff like Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, L-Gaim, Musashi no Ken (if Sevakis still thinks they're "the Criterion of anime" kek) , Wingman, and more Braves if they release them.
>>
>>21430690
If they look into Time Bokan then they should look into High School! Kimengumi. That series is crazy as shit (in a good way ofc.) They need a great translator / localizer to work on this just like Time Bokan.
>>
File: phantom ship.png (298 KB, 1852x1656)
298 KB
298 KB PNG
>>21431638
>the movie has an HD release already
From what I can gather between Wikipedia, ANN, and google, this is the first Bluray release it's gotten. All the ones before it in Japan were DVD/Laserdisc/VHS (Even to the point where searching 空飛ぶゆうれい船 BD gets me a Yahoo Japan listing for the Discotek release)

>people know it as one of Miyazaki's first works or Anno's childhood memory.
NOBODY knows it as that. People recognize Castle of Cagliostro as being a big part of Miyazaki's career because it's his first time directing/writing a film, before that all his work on films were primarily storyboarding/keyframes. People recognize Ideon as being a major influence on Anno while making Evangelion. Nobody on here has ever brought it up Flying Phantom Ship as a major part of their history before hand because like I said, nobody on here gave a shit about it prior to last year.

>There is plenty of people online talking about how they saw it as kids,
Pic related is every post that isn't just a list of other shows/movies from you-know-who that mentions it before Discotek announced their license for it. I can give that there's some appreciation of it from Russians since it's the first anime they ever got according to what I'm reading here, but from what I can gather it's practically an unknown outside of Japan/Russia

>pretending like discokek are somehow pulling a lost masterpiece from license hell or whatever just to make them look good with it is incredibly cheap
But that wasn't the point I was making at all? I'm saying they bothered to license a 50+ year old film that the majority of their marketbase probably hadn't heard of beforehand and do a whole brand new dub for it while most US-based anime publishers are too afraid to even publish something from more than 10 years ago. The point I was trying to get across is that the variety of what they put out is a lot more spread out than what's coming from their contemporaries like Funimation/Sentai/VIZ/etc.
>>
>>21426815
Might Gaine but that may take a few years because japs love to sell their shows at three times the price and don't want competition. Otherwise I'll take a nice bluray of Dragonar this year.
>>
>>21431697
>nobody on here gave a shit about it prior to last year.
I knew of it and always meant to get around to it purely as an Ishinomori fan.

But yeah I can't say it was ever much a priority which supports your ponit. Hell I have the BD on my shelf now and still haven't actually gotten around to it yet.
>>
>Toei Getter Robo
>Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger SDBDs
>other Go Nagai OVAs like Chibi and Amon
>Umi no Triton TV and Movies
>Raideen
>Zambot 3
>Daitarn 3
>all the other Tomino anime that don't have a modern English release, how did fucking Dunbine and Xabungle escape that cure
>Hunter x Hunter (1999)
>the other Braves anime
>reprint J9 for fucks sake
>Dr. Slump
Off the top of my head
>>
>>21431697
This not HD enough for you retard? You haven't even watched the movie yourself.
>nobody on here gave a shit about it prior to last year
Holy shit, do your homework discoshill! Just because you were handed a script to talk about something it doesn't mean other people were unaware of it.
>>
>>21431779
Unfortunately, don't expect a Discotek release of Dr. Slump any time soon, if ever. Like Saint Seiya, Dr. Slump is just cursed in the US:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=20074106&postcount=9601
>>
Where the fuck is my cromartie high bd?
>>
>>21431779
>>Raideen
>>Zambot 3
>>Daitarn 3
You're god damn right
>>all the other Tomino anime that don't have a modern English release, how did fucking Dunbine and Xabungle escape that cure
And Ideon. There's surprisingly few Tomino anime that never made it to English shelves. Other than what you mentioned, Vifam? L-Gaim, Brain Powerd, I guess Gainer, and Rean?

I think Ryosuki Takahashi is what we're really lacking
>>
File: 1550329641640.jpg (55 KB, 499x338)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>21431808
>This not HD enough for you retard?
By definition DVD releases aren't considered "HD". Looking up the TSHS release you're posting it seems like the comments say it's from a webrip of some sorts and not an upscale(From where its ripped from though who knows). Definitely a HD release, but like I said the Discotek release looks to be the first physical BD release of the film anywhere.
>do your homework discoshill
I did, and I came up with a total of 11 posts that mention it between 2018-2022. Like I said, nobody gave a shit back then, and the fact that barely anyone's talked about the release even after Discotek announced they licensed it (Like 6 posts mention it in the thread for when they announced it, and only five more were after that before today) shows that in full.

Sure maybe people were "Aware" of it, but it's 100% true that nobody talked about it on here before (or after for that matter) Discotek licensed it.
>>
>>21431847
>720
>not HD
You are so bad at this.
>>
>>21431847
This retard really claiming discotek somehow made a classic movie relevant, after saying "I hate the people that shill for Discotek here".
>>
>>21431842
Even of what is out there Ideon and Xabingle really need a license rescue.

I paid a silly amount for Ideon but it was rare to even see it being sold. Xabungle I've not even seen one being sold and I don't think I'd pay what I did for Ideon again if it went that high.
>>
File: 1474705810255.png (49 KB, 448x439)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>21431847
I did concede that an HD release exists, but it can't be from any of the DVD releases due to them topping out at 720x480. But again, my original point was just that they released it in the first place, never about what aspect ratio/resolution it was in.

>>21431903
My original point was never about making Flying Phantom Ship "relevant", it was an example of taking something that was more than half a century old and releasing it within the last year, something the majority of other anime publishers in the US barely even attempt to do anymore. Flying Phantom Ship was a recent example, if I had gone and used one of their other 70s releases like Gaiking and my point would remain the same. Other anime publishers will only touch stuff from the last 5 or so years, unless it's an established big name like Dragon Ball, Gundam, or so on.

I do say that it's something "no one's heard of", but I never say that Discotek releasing it made it relevant all of a sudden. At the end of the day it's just another obscure release from a company known for putting out obscure releases.
>>
>>21431975
First @ was supposed to be at >>21431897, but either way this is my last reply to this whole chain in general since it's completely sidetracked from my original point. (That Discotek actually bothers to do releases that aren't just the most recent/popular seasonal shows)
>>
>>21426815
Why the fuck do they refuse to do Lupin the 3rd part 2, Detective Conan, Dr Slump, Saint Seiya, Shin Chan etc.
>>
>>21426815
Out of all the new releases coming up, which one should I watch?
>>
Continuing on to RX after Kamen Rider Black releases.
>>
File: raideen.jpg (117 KB, 1417x1003)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
Any /m/ show that isn't subbed or has shit subs like Dendoh and Red Baron also Tomorrow's Joe.
>>
>>21433173
Inka is likely going to sub Dendoh
got accidentally revealed to me on marty mcflies discord
>>
>>21433017
>Lupin Part 2
The film masters are shit here and the Japanese Blurays look like shit supposedly. They're probably biding their time until they can astro-res them into decency compared to the Part 1/3/etc blu rays.
>Detective Conan
I feel like they've been testing the water with the various Conan specials, but want to see if they can get an audience as big as the Lupin one for these
>Dr. Slump
lol Toriyama tax
>Saint Seiya
Netflix has its grips on this I think
>Shin Chan
Licensed by Funimation
>>
>>21427227
>my principle is i don’t want to pay money
>>
It's cute when you think about them shilling here for free.

ADV don't do it;
Animeigo doesn't do it;
Funimation doesn't do it;
Sony doesn't do it;
not even Media Blasters.
But somehow, someone at Discotek thinks they're different.

>>21433621
You get what you pay for. Simple as.
>>
>>21431912
I've seen Xabungle on ebay for like $200. Not worth it since I've seen SDBD rips on nyaa and they look like ass compared to the JP DVDs, could be an encode issue though.
>>
>>21433173
I talked to one guy who said the Joe TV anime license was bought by another company. I imagine probably GKids. Also, weirdly enough Amazon Prime has Joe 2, but only the first 25 or so episodes of it?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>21433693
>Everyone who enjoys Discotek is a shill
Post your company that subs mecha if you're so great?
>>
File: sentai.png (62 KB, 579x715)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>>21433708
This is literally the main reason why people here give a shit about them as a company.
>ADV
Doesn't exist anymore
>Animeigo
Does some OVA releases like Bubblegum Crisis, Madox 01, and Megazone 23, they're alright in my book too.
>Funimation
Does exclusively normalfag friendly stuff like DBZ/MHA/JJK and whatever other stuff they have the streaming rights to
>Sony
I'm presuming he's referring to Aniplex, in which case lol (Imagine paying $150 for a 13 episode show)
>Media Blasters
Is basically a shell of its former self, though they're on a bit of an upswing from what I can see online.
>Sentai
The last Mecha-related thing I saw them releasing was Dai-Shogun, so already the bar is set kinda low here. They do have pretty good sales regularly though, so props to them (Pic related was from a few years back)
>Sunrise/RightStuf
Basically only does Gundam stuff, which is great if you like Gundam but kinda shit if you'd like to see Sunrise's other shit from them.

For me the company hierarchy goes something like this (From best to worst)
>Discotek/Animeigo
>Nozomi
>Sentai
>Mid-2000s ADV/Media Blasters
>Sunrise/RightStuf
>POWERGAP (Basically every other company not worth mentioning like NIS America/G-Kids)
>Current Day Media Blasters (While the odd toku release like Zeiram or Zebraman is cool I don't really give a shit about their horror offerings)
>Funimation
>Aniplex
Keep in mind this is purely subjective, and based primarily on the contents of what each publisher puts out and how much they charge for it.
>>
New Discotek Day just got announced for the 30th, so maybe we'll see if right away if anyone in here will get their wishes granted.
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1615064897414660097
I'm not really sure what I'm hoping for now that GGG is coming and the other Brave shows are all likely a ways off, if they're coming at all. Tekkaman Blade would be nice.
>>
>A Very Discotek New Year is Monday, January 30th, 9PM Eastern & 6PM Pacific!

For the first clue...

This actually has no direct connection to what it is the clue for.

It requires a connection that isn't quite so eclectic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_HjMIjzyMU
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1615076430412668928
>>
>>21433781
I'd put Nozomi above Discotek in terms of quality of their releases. SZS coming with the fucking liner notes was amazing, more anime releases should come with things like that, or at least production guides or something.
Sentai kind of sucks though. They have very cheap releases (their BD cases are some of the worst and prone to breaking), bloat SD content on their BDs like with Higurashi, and their shit is overpriced for 3/4s of the year.
Sunrise as well I find pretty meh, if only because their Gundam BDs are so bland most of the time. The ones in Japan look great to display, but they can't even both getting sleeves for them over here. A consolation is the "Ultra Collector's Editions" but most of the time there's no reason to bother with them, and those also block off content from the average buyer. Can't get the Wing, SEED, Destiny, or 00 compilation films without buying that version (which is now OOP for all but SEED, and all of them go for like $400 a piece now), and for SEED/Destiny especially it's bad because they also had SDBDs with the broadcast episodes exclusive to that release.
It's also weird they did all that shit but never had any collector's edition releases that came with SD Gundam for CCA or something like that.
Also, Nozomi, Rightstuf, and Aniplex are basically the same thing. Aniplex is actually quite good ignoring price since they include Japanese commentary tracks occasionally, and Funimation is complete shit because nobody there knows how to properly master video.
>>
>>21434119
Toei Puss in Boots?
Miyazaki was also involved with it and it got a BD release in Japan in 2020.
>>
>>21434125
Speaking of SZS Zoku got put up for preorders recently and seemingly doesn't have any liner notes included.
>>
>>21433708
Fansubbers exist.
>>
>>21433708
But it's an actual fact that Discotek does shill here.
The guy who used to do it would just flat out admit when he was him when pressed.
Regardless of the quality of their work that fact never changes.
>>
>>21434142
Fansubs are dead, who are you fooling?

>>21434150
Any proof of this and are you sure it wasn't falseflag poster?
>>
>>21434142
Discotek’s subbed several shows that weren’t showing any sign of being fansubbed anytime soon.
>>
>>21427977
This. Apparently Ohata is open to letting people rerelease it remastered but I bet a certain employee's bias towards it is what's really keeping it from happening
>>
>>21430865
IIRC didn't someone fansub this finally? Wonder if the manga has a chance of someone translating it.
>>
>>21431424
>And the ones that do are people like Funimation or VIZ rereleasing old stuff like DBZ/Sailor Moon that they know will sell guaranteed
Plus those two do a terrible job with those ips
DBZ has the worst luck and SM is using those uggo Toei blu sources that do all kinds of noise reduction
>>
>>21434167
Do you not know how to check desu?
>>21434142
As >>21434172. The majority of what they do was never going to get touched by fansubbers.

While i dislike when they do shill here it's also obvious they are serving our interests.
Not saying to buy their shit but also ranting about it is just shitting up the board.
>>
>>21433781
>>ADV
>Doesn't exist anymore
Nah they're Sentai now. Just pointing out the redundancy
>>
I wish Retrocrush would expand to more regions. I’d be up for supporting Discotek by watching the shows officially via Retrocrush, but importing Discotek physical releases is expensive.
>>
>>21434201
Ok so let's say if Might Gain BD gets subs that aren't crabistick by Discotek, anyone who brings it up here is automatically a shill and is promoting it? Never mind the fact that suggesting buying it and not just pirating the release.
>>
>>21434201
>Do you not know how to check desu?
Not him but a name or date range helps a lot. "Discotek" and "shill" brings up a bunch of angry rants to wade through.
>>
>>21434221
Do you have any reading comprehension to understand that entire post or are you actually a Discotek employee upset that someone is pointing you out?

Maybe tunk hard about the last part of that post and realize that I literally called out someone who is complaining about the shills.

Discotek actively shills here. It's completely understandable for people to be upset about that and be wary of anything Discotek related.
However it's also annoying to have people constantly scream it in any threads about it.

But at the end Discotek was the one who created this situation by shilling in the first place.

I just thought you were some anon at first but now i remember having this exact same conversation with you months ago when it was obvious you were a Discotek employee.
>>
>>21434240
Holy shit the amount of schizophrenia in this thread.
The only reason /m/ puts up with Discotek is because there are so few subgroups willing to do /m/ content.
There's, what, /m/subs, LonelyChaser and Inka? GANGO's on hiatus with Granzort and Luurah has been struck by computer subninjas for well over two years now.
Thing is most of the good shit got subbed and few are willing to go down the autism rabbithole of /m/.
>>
>>21434167
>are you sure it wasn't falseflag
They boasted about it on twitter.
>>
>>21434254
>few are willing to go down the autism rabbithole of /m/
That's no excuse to allow monthly shilling threads and getting angry at people asking for torrents. Discoshills claim "oh but they are subbing forgotten shows that would NEVER see the light of day otherwise!" and then get angry when people don't want to pay for them.
>>
>>21434275
Are you talking about the guy who said he got linked to a thread on here where someone was only pretending to work for Discotek?
>>
>>21434281
Damage control.
>>
>>21434240
>Ask a hypothetical question to see if I get called a Discotek employee.
>Actually, gets called one.
It's really that easy with this guy?

>>21434278
So, in the end it's all boils down to being upset no one is uploading their releases on day one. I can understand the anon's who can't buy it due to being form Europe or so but when someone who has no intention to buy reminds me too much of /v/ who do nothing but pirate and shitpost.
>>
>>21434299
>person who comes from /v/: hmm this is giving me /v/ vibes
>>
>>21434316
Who else keeps going on and on about shills and not wanting to buy things? But I don't see why I'm replying since you just want (you) at this point.
>>
>>21434321
/v/ is the only one who doesn't buy shit?
What a weird thing to imply.
You're the owner aren't you? They let slip on a stream once that he does shit like this.
>>
>>21434334
I like you keep implying that everyone who don't agree with must work for Discotek, have one more (you) on the house while you reply to this post again.
>>
>>21434254
To add to this ARR does sub mecha anime, but they are low quality and filled with dumb ads and jokes that brings them down near crabstick territory. AnimeShinigami was a thing, but they took seemed to got subninja'd and Discotek already licensed most of what they covered.
>>
>>21434254
>>21434358
Does anyone have a list of all the active /m/subs or are these it? Also, toku shows gets a bunch of sub support but tend to have multiple subgroups for the newer stuff.
>>
>>21434363
If you watched /m/ shows you'd know which subbers are active.
>>
>>21434345
And you do not engage any points besides people complaining about Discotek.
I like that you keep doing that.
>>
>>21434369
I have a backlog, so I don't know what's currently active, sorry.
>>
>>21434373
What's there to complain about, they release something, it gets talked about, simple as. If it where any other company, it would be the same such as if Right Stuff related anything Gundam related.
>>
>>21434358
Daiohja is still stuck with shitty subs and probably most incompetent encode I've ever seen.
>>
File: newtypejazz.jpg (119 KB, 1440x1080)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
More subbed shows=good, no one is telling you to buy anything hell they don't even ship outside the US anyway. Also they ain't getting Might Gaine any time soon since it's just dropping in Japan.
>>
>>21434536
>hell they don't even ship outside the US anyway
Both RightStuf and Amazon ship outside the US. It's just a big added cost to the postage.
>>
>>21434536
Oh, I don't expect Might Gain to happen no time soon, it's just it's on the table now that GGG is coming out. Maybe they'll do an SD BD of J-Decker or Exkaiser after FINAL.
>>
>>21433614
They have done saint seiya in the past (specifically the first 4 movies and the lost canvas), but it supposedly didn't sell well.
>>
>>21426815
Tetsuwan Birdy would be nice.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>21434610
>>
>>21434628
I don't see the point at all when we're nowhere near bump limit.
>>
>>21434710
Second, it's only going to enforce the whole only shills like stuff from Discotek.
>>
>>21434527
Jushin Liger too, Daiohja at least got an editor for the second half.
>>
>>21434119
I saw someone guess that it could be a hint for a Giant Gorg BD. I can see it being either that or Toei Puss in Boots.
>>
>>21434628
This must be a fucking falseflag.
>>
>>21434716
I'm still amazed nobody's subbed the direct-to-video live action about the wrassler Jushin Liger
>>
>>21426815
Still hoping for the Kikaider anime with the re-edition version of the Kikaider 01 OVA.
>>
File: class.png (530 KB, 520x590)
530 KB
530 KB PNG
>>21434142
Yeah, and the few remaining move at a fucking snail's pace or will go on an extended hiatus.
People begging for the shows they want subbed are probably better off learning moon, you'll have a good amount of experience under your belt by the time a group gets any series fully finished
>>
>>21434142
Lonely Chaser exists. And while I appreciate Getter Gou, he's not really moving at a Getter 2 pace.
>>
>>21435489
Not /m/, but I'm glad they're subbing Tantei Monogatari. That show is great and deserves to get more traction.
>>
>>21434119
>>21434129
It's Giant Gorg.
He rides the robot the same way Shrek rides Mongo. They've previously released it on DVD so they should still have access to it. Also it got a BD release in Japan last year.
>>
>>21435713
Neat
>>
>>21434190
Where did you hear this? Ohata is not a particularly online individual, the only stories I've ever gotten from him as of late are from people who have worked with him in recent years.
>>
>>21434190
I'm frankly appalled by Sevakis being THIS MUCH of a faggot
Okay, you've got a grudge against your former chief who loved M.D. Geist. Doesn't mean you should witheld easy money.
>>
>>21436055
Is he really like this? Okay, I've seen his twitter, I know he's an insufferable prick, but does he really act like this in business?
>>
>>21431461
Project A-ko was another case of "didn't have to" since they had a workable "solution" at the time with the domesday laserdisc thing but that while doing that they STILL went back to look for those original masters one more time even still is the sort of effort not a lot of people would make.
>>
>>21436082
Also while I think about it: Pubes.
>>
>>21436058
He's one of the biggest ANN scoundrels, and a tremendous piece of shit. Guy's got a reputation. I assume Kiwifarms has some nasty info on him.
>>
>>21436123
>ANN scoundrels
>Kiwifarms
*go there*
>175 pages
mfw
>>
>>21436149
the farms are back?
>>
>>21436186
It's working on my end
>>
>>21431697
Thanks for this image, I never would have bothered going through the archives but russia guy who talks about the opening is making me want to watch the show
>>21431897
Most people consider the bar for HD to be no less than 1080p. 720p has been pointless since large flat screen TVs rolled out to the general populace.
>>
>>21436260
>most people [HEADCANON]
>>
>>21436123
Damn is he really on there
>>
>>21436273
He's literally one of the co-founders of ANN.
>>
>>21436534
No I mean on KF, I've really never given a shit about ANN, but I took a look through the head and I've never been happier to pirate off these assholes.
>>
>>21436540
NTA but same here. Turns out shilling was just the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>21436540
I don't like the cuck either but I'm eager to wait a few months and then leech off by torrenting.
Licencing needs cash, and given they're the only licencors taking mecha even remotely seriously I'm willing to do that much.
>>
>>21436186
They've been back for a good while
>>21436548
This. I'll always pirate but if a company released something I like in decent quality I'll at least give them support
>>
>>21436540
>>21436547
Are we acting like ANN is Discotek or something?
>>
>>21436648
No, I'm acting like Sevakis is part of Discotek. I really don't give a shit about his history is with ANN other than a couple of articles about OVAs.
>>
>>21434190
>>21436055
Why would Sevakis or anyone else at MediaOCD have any say in what Discotek licenses?
>>
>>21436697
Because he's a massive faggot.
>>
>>21436683
He's not. Everyone you associate with Discotek is a contractor and they have stated plenty of times the owner will just buy whatever he wants most of the time regardless of input.
I don't like Sevakis either but your points are just mindless hate.
>>
>>21436739
I'd call it misdirected rather than mindless.
The backlash is against using the board for free marketing, but some names keep popping up where they don't belong.
These aren't e-celeb hate threads but there are places for that. Let's stay focused.
>>
I don’t see this hint being anything but GGG Final.
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1615443072267218944
>>
>>21436865
Others seem to be saying Golion, but GGG FINAL release info would be the easy guess here as we already know it's coming, we just don't know when.
>>
File: 1614640837392[1].jpg (37 KB, 640x480)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>21436865
Finally, the Ten Little Gall Force blu-ray release we've been waiting for.
>>
>>21436925
I would be fine with this.
>>
>>21436190
Surprised since Cloudfare dropped their asses, did tgey find anotyer ddos protector or juat keeping hush hush?
>>
>>21437262
Jersh completely decentralized the cloud protection in the wake of the Keffals affair. There's literally no way they're gonna be DDOS'd again, even if somebody attempts another Keffals-level attack.
Anyways, most /m/en should probably not care that much about the farms unless you want up to date info on our very own Clawshrimpy.
>>
>>21437300
Eh, I'm not into badgering the mentally ill until they do something "funny."
>>
>>21436873
>>21436865
I swear I've seen the MGM logo parodied in an /m/ show but now I can't think where for the life of me
>>
>>21437738
maybe Ten Little Gal Force?
>>
>>21437893
oh derp that came up already lol
sage for 2x
>>
>>21437893
It was the Maze OVA. Man imagine if they found the Maze movie.
>>
>>21437958
ah, that's good too
but yeah now that King Trebor found the secret of the lost warehouse basically all bets are off when it comes to NEVER stuff
>>
>>21437988
Seriously. I can only picture them sitting on some raiders of the lost ark ending shit.
>>
>>21426867
>You're welcome, anon! I'm sure one day you won't be a poorfag and can afford a 40 dollar blu-ray.

Don't care, pirate website
>>
>>21427227
>>21433693
Fuck are you talking about? Discotek has had one bad release. What delusional principle are you clinging to?
>>
>>21436865
Could be School Days getting a BD release. They previously released it on DVD. School Days has a parody with the MGM lion.
https://www.discotekmedia.com/school_days.htm

Alternatively I wouldn't rule out Jungle Emperor. Possibly the 2009 film. The Japan Foundation produced an English dub which is on Retrocrush, I don't think it ever had an English physical release so far.
>>
>>21438621
If only...
>>
>>21437958
Maze movie?
>>
>>21437958
Heck, even Maze TV is crazy OOP.
>>
>>21438857
Never got any kind of home release allegedly
>>21438867
Not to mention you have to choose between the censored DVDs or the crappy LD rip.
>>
>>21438857
>>21438867
>>21439050
The Maze movie is the current holy grail of anime. Whoever licenses it gets my money, no questions asked.
>>
Today's hint is https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1615792313560858628
>>
Early news drop: Gunbuster confirmed for an April release.
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1615802369568301056
>>
>>21439420
PUBES?
>>
>>21439456
Pubes only in one of the extras, not in the main episode.
>>
>Discotek announced Stolen Lupin/Swallowtail Tattoo
Only 5 more specials until they will have no more Lupin to announce.
>>
>>21426815
Nothing. I'm not buying Blu-Rays. Their loss. They could have either preserved DVDs or branch out into anime on memory sticks. Because they've refused to do either, I hope they go bankrupt.
>>
>>21439660
What benefits do DVDs offer that bluray discs don't offer?
>>
>>21439660
DVDs have no realistic benefit, and SDBDs pretty much remove any reason to continue buying them.
>>
>>21439656
I think it’s 11 more if we count movies and specials they’d released on DVD but not BD.
>>
I really hope we get Akū Daisakusen Srungle. Or Might Gaine.
>>
File: 1666071783783.jpg (671 KB, 1920x2180)
671 KB
671 KB JPG
>>21439660
what form of autism is this
>>
File: laughing idiots.gif (371 KB, 498x373)
371 KB
371 KB GIF
>>21439656
>implying the Lupin will ever end
>>
>>21439397
>someone mentioned Janusu no Kagami in the comments
Please. That'll be awesome if they licensed that and the other two batshit crazy Toei liveaction dramas of the Mid-80s, Stepsisters (which Nanto is currently subbing -- proper crazy), and one shot right after that one with pretty much the same cast as Stepsisters. Mirror of Janus has an early Riki Takeuchi starring in it before he made his name in all the Miike and Yakuza wonderfests a decade later IIRC.
>>
I'm hoping they, or at least someone, picks up the original Yamato seasons since only the movies have had an official english release.
>>
>>21439668
Only benefit that comes to mind is being able to watch on more devices like laptops, but disc drives are becoming less common.
>>
>>21439942
It already did end in a way for Discotek, Sentai snatched Part 6 right under their noses.
>>
>>21433614
funimation lost the rights for shin chan a few years back
>>
>>21439656
Have they announced Part 2 on BD yet?
They also still have that live action Zenigata show to announce.
>>
Hoping for Hell Target blu-ray.
>>
>>21440534
Isn't Yamato some sort of hellish rights mess?

I'm hoping for Ashita no Joe series but apparently that one's hard to justify.
>>
Could be Medarot?
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1616165077518012416
>>
>>21441571
I wasn’t aware there were rights issues with Yamato.
>>
>>21426815
Gasaraki
>>
>>21430690
Was 2009 Yatterman ever fully subbed?
>>
>>21434192
I know JohnnyEnglish are working on it, but I don't think they've got that far just yet. They're juggling a load of projects at once, so everything's pretty slow burn over there
>>
>>21442266
Wasn't there some show that was like Angelic Layer but older and not for girls?
>>
>>21431424

I respect a lot of their stuff. They do mostly good releases and put out some ballsy stuff. Their Teyandee subs censored out a lot of the racier humor, but I don't know if that was their subbers or if they were subs handed to them by Tatsunoko or whatever. And that's the only example of shit-tastic subs I can think of from them.

I'll say their individual employees do make me leery. Some of them are the most retarded sorts of bugmen who seem like they'd do hackjobs on the subtitles like some other companies do. But, good on their boss for keeping them on a leash.

Some of their DVD extras are retarded. I don't give a fuck about random youtubers. If I wanna watch a youtuber, I'll watch them on that platform.
>>
>>21443554
I realize that's probably more a play to get to the younger crowd who is into that shit but fuck me to hell if I don't think it's an absolute waste. Some youtube retard doesn't anything more interesting to say than you or I would. Did anyone even watch that commentary? I've had the disc and watched it a bunch. It looks great. (Pic not related) but what the hell is he honestly going to say? Some dumb wikipedia trivia? A banal anecdote about when he first played the game and the stupid shit he thought when he was 8? ADV used to put out commentaries on their disc with the dub actors, which you know you can say what you want about dubs but it at least made a kind of sense to hear about the recording process. They have at least SOME hands on connection to the work itself.
>>
>>21443580

I don't mind some commentary from the dubbing staff. ADV is a good example since some of their actors had some good anectdotes, or are just batshit like Tiffany Grant and just sorta bleeds craziness. Their gag dubs were kinda good extras too, like Lake Texarkana Gamera.

But, at least that's something with some connection to the material.
>>
File: shinji mug.jpg (47 KB, 600x677)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>21443599
Spike Spencer's rant about the end of TV Eva was amusing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGMuaXIlckU
>>
>>21443607
Nothing beats the dub actress that said the "gunshot" that killed Kaiji soudned more like a "slap". They even changed the sound effect on the dub.
>>
>>21443627
There's a bit grammar touch ups too. I stand by that dub actors shouldn't think they're better than the original or try to "fix" things. But 3rd Children just sounds dumb in English. Fucking Netflix dub,
>>
>>21443632

Goofy Engrish shit sounds fun when they're said by someone with a Japanese accent, but retarded when it's just American voices.

The Netflix dub had weird audio mixing too. Not only do I prefer the ADV cast, but I just think the old dub had better audio fidelity in general.
>>
>>21442460
No, some retard just put up subs that were at their best google translate and at their worst making shit up. What's the step below crabstick? That.
>>
>>21443607
Classic.
>>
>>21444388
Yikes. In the manga and game scenes, those are just called machine-translated. The uploader should be upfront about it though, not act like they're a proper translation. There's a precedent or two for this in the romhacking scene, people should follow suit.
>>
>>21444393
The worst is when you see people defend it as "better than nothing." Because it's actually WORSE than nothing. Not only is it just as accurate as nothing but if potential fansubbers are looking for shit and see this one as "Done" they're gonna pass it.
>>
>>21444911
Yea, it is worse, because you can't even salvage, much less clean up, subtitles like that. You're better off starting from scratch. It might even confuse potential subbers.
>>
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1616519682433093632
>This is one of the meaner clues because there are many things to think about & the important part may not even be obvious... but this one is gonna have you go "Ohhhhhh!" when you find out what it's a clue for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcDWj7kZcRc
>>
>>21443599
ADV clearly had fun a lot of the time. Their Super Milk Chan dub with the live action segments may have aged a bit but it's still funny, especially compared to the School Days dub which is basically spoiled milk at this point yet everyone treats it like it's the funniest thing ever. Getting creative trumps just lol randumb.
>>
>>21445126
>School Days
I meant ghost stories how the hell did I mix those up
>>
>>21445126
ADV could go either way pretty hard. Godannar had a pretty good dub.
>>
>>21445126

I think most people have only seen the supercuts of the Ghost Stories dub nowadays. And that's all the funniest jokes. Not everything lands in the show itself. And it can be painfully unfunny.

>>21445136
Yeah, they had a couple of misfires as far as dubs go. Not a fan of their Getter Armageddon dub, for instance. But most of their stuff is solid enough.
>>
>>21443599
>>21445126
>ADV clearly had fun a lot of the time.
All the more ironic that when you go throughout twitter they all hate each other
>>
>>21445143
Was that the one with GETTER ASS?
>>
>>21445143
Do you know they had a Mazinkasier dub? It wasn't great.
>>
>>21445143
I only recently found out that a lot of ADV's lesser dubs (like Getter Robo) were done at Monster Island, which was an Austin studio separate from their main studio in Houston. That caused a lot of things to suddenly make sense. Still a pity that when ADV closed them down, they seemed to have killed the entire Austin voice acting scene, as hardly any of the VAs from those shows have appeared in anything since.
>>
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1616540449992478720
>>
>>21445213
Yeah. That does explain some shit. Kind of a shame you didn't get their better staff on some of these shows. If Amrageddon or Kaiser got half as good as Godannar it'd been better. Hell even the New Getter Dub was pretty okay. I think that was I want to say geneon/pioneer.
>>
>>21444991
>Mrs. Lenznar

Blue Comet SPT Layzner?
>>
>>21438621
School Days already has a BD. It's on my shelf.
>>
A show with cowboys or time travel?
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1616880462483566592
>>
>>21447698
Gaiking 2006
>>
>>21447698
A show with Cowboys AND time travel.
>>21447703
Oh I wish.
>>
>>21447698
>We don't expect many, if any, correct guesses on this one, for reasons that won't be obvious until after it is announced.
>Also... We know what most of your first guesses will be.... no.
So is that implying just a small part of it's the clue? Maybe it relates to Leatherhead, but I can't think of anime about crocodiles or cajuns.
>>
>>21447925
I think the train is the clue.
>>
Mazinger Z
Anything from World Masterpiece Theater
>>
>>21448141

> wmt shows

Doesnt some Australian company own licensing for some of those?
>>
>>21448419
I don't know, whoever owns them should get to releasing them though
>>
Just popping in to point out this is a shill thread.
>>
>>21447698
> Time travel
> robots

It ain't Time Bokan but I wish it was.
>>
>>21447698

Gun frontier?
>>
>>21448775
Didn't they already do that one? Maybe I'm thinking about Zero
>>
They did an extra hint for today, Optimus vs. Megatron from the '86 Transformers movie.
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1616964688667103232
My first guess is another Brave series, but there's no way it'd be that soon.
>>
>>21448841
>but there's no way it'd be that soon.
They've been pretty good about announcing shit as soon as they get it. It's just waiting for it to come out that's occasionally an issue.
>>
>>21448841
It’s either more details on GGG Final or during the negotiations with Bandai to release GGG they also snagged Might Gaine since that’s already got a HD release in the future.
>>
>>21448846
Yep. Like I remember when they first announced Magic Knight Rayearth. They were transparent that they would not be able to release the BD of it for around two years. So it is possible the same applies here.
>>
>>21448780

I dont see it on their site if they did.
>>
>>21434190
Still looking to know the source on this.
>>
>>21448577
Maybe it's Superbook
>>
>>21448841
The song in the background is called ‘The Touch’. So it could be referencing Mitsuru Adachi‘s Touch series.
>>
>>21447698
Gun x Sword
>>
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1617249966183051265
No clue what this could be.
>>
>>21448970
Anon.

http://www.discotekmedia.com/gun_frontier.htm
>>
>>21450130
Funimation has that.
>>
>>21450293
The hint is likely Loki.
The other clip referenced was probably Matt Damon Loki.

So it'll be something like Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok
>>
>>21449909
Doesn't the original western company that funded Superbook still own the rights?
>>
>>21451248

I swear that wasnt there when i looked earlier despite the wiki saying discotek had it.
>>
>>21453060
You probably just missed it, which is fair since Discotek's catalog on their website is a fucking mess.
>>
Something to do with trains?
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1617616696596140037
>>
>>21453398
Shinkalion?
>>
>>21453398
Might Gaine? They did GGG the other year, so Yuusha is definitely on the cards
>>
>>21453436
>They did GGG the other year
You mean this month?
>>
>>21452534
I always mix up Superbook and Flying House, but iirc the TBN one was owned pretty solidly by TBN about ten years ago, but around three-ish years ago they started selling off assets like The Holy Land Experience in Central FL, so whichever they have/had may be in different hands
tbdesu a clear owner like "that christian company has it" might make securing the license easier

would fit the time travel and the god thing with loki pretty well

>>21453423
if anybody is crazy enough to try it would be them
>>
File: Alzheimer's.jpg (333 KB, 611x767)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
>>21453460
>Announced in Oct '22
I could've sworn they announced that like early '22/late '21
>>
>>21453251
Yeah they really need to update their website to look like something that's not from 2003. For like the first 4 years of their life I trusted them about as well as I trusted Anime Corner Store or any shit toy retailer from Hawaii.
>>
>>21426815
70s Tekkaman
>>
>>21453977
God, please.
>>
>>21453891
Honestly, even just putting things in alphabetical order would help things tremendously. Although I get the impression that their own website isn't as much of a priority as their Twitter account.
>>
>>21454006
They seem to have some major deal with rightstuf as their primary storefront too.
>>
>>21454010
I could have sworn this was the case even back in the late 2000s.
>>
>>21453977
I remain shocked that the only Tekkaman thing they've licensed is Blade II.
>>
>>21454081
Im shocked that Blade II was licensed LONG before Blade and actually has a dub.
>>
>>21454081
>>21454086
I thought Media Blasters had Blade on DVD for a while.
>>
>>21454091
Back in 2006, yes, but there's no way they still have the license. It's more than likely up for grabs like GaoGaiGar.
>>
>>21454091
Yeah but that was still after Blade 2 got brought over by... I want to say ADV but I don't think that's right.
>>
>>21454108
yeah the OVAs were waaaaaaaaaay early, not even too long after Technoman on USA tv
it was whoever did the Gatchaman ova around the same time, maybe CPM or US Manga Corps?
>>
>>21454108
Maybe it was cheaper to get than the main series.
>>
>>21454124
iirc back in the day a lot of stuff would have different licensing deals if it was an ova or a movie instead of a tv, like I think that came up for modern Discotek with Dancouga?
often if a tv got signed to some USA syndication deal you were stuck with that and good luck convincing Bob Executive that his kids show needed to get subtitled for some hairy-palmed video nerd creeps, but nobody signed the extra-expensive (per episode) ova sequel made afterwards so Nerd Squad, Inc could afford two expensive episodes instead of 52 cheap-ish episodes, like I think Borgman had that happen where nobody had the tv forever but the ova sequel was signed before dvd
>>
>>21454118
We also got the Borgman and Zillion OVAs and shit. It was weird as fuck.
>>
>>21454118
Urban Vision.
>>
>>21454130
>>21454134
lol borgmind
>>21454182
yeah, that sounds right, forgot about them
>>
>>21454182
>>21454200
They were the ones who did that weird old Final Fantasy OVA that had some slick Mobius esque style and the girl with a diamond up her butt.
>>
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1617960158948372483
>Whack a mole
Makes me think of hammers. They don't still have anything from City Hunter to release, do they?
>>
>>21439724
The latter is probably more likely than the former, I'm hoping for Srungle one of these days as well. Considering Discotek's penchant for bringing back lost media, could they possibly find the stuff for Macron 1?
>>
>>21455569
Would have been a good clue for GaoGaiGar
>>
>>21455569
They've completed City Hunter except for the live action French movie, maybe it's another Cat's Eye release or maybe the bonk is reference to that meme about being horny and it's a ecchi show.
>>
>>21456809
I mean you can really think of any gag comedy from the 90s with a comedy mallet.
>>
I just want Dendoh subs
please
>>
>>21455569
>>21456907
There are a lot of shows with mallet slapstick, but I’m going to say Kodocha season 2 is likeliest just because we know it’s on the way.
>>
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1618338084449574914
Windaria? A Wind Named Amnesia? Anything that even remotely has to do with the wind?
>>
File: Cybuster.jpg (107 KB, 605x730)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>21458043
>Anything that even remotely has to do with the wind?
>>
>>21458043
These twitter guessing games are getting tiresome. I'll just wait for the announcement while I go do something else.
>>
File: Ey4HmwiWQAkT6aA.jpg (168 KB, 983x1200)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>21439942
>finally run out of Lupin anime to license
>they just branch out into publishing manga and rerelease the full original series
>>
File: meanwhile in spain.jpg (1.49 MB, 4000x2250)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>21458285
I love to see them branch out into manga or get a manga equivalent who're willing to publish more, let's say, non mega mainstream series. I've been trying to get the seven seas survey to do stuff like Mazinger or Getter and ever new release cycle it's always the same low effort isekai crap.
>>
>>21458043
It is Ryu Knight, Zephyr is a type of wind and that is the namenof Adeu's Ryu.
>>
>>21458296
I really don't get why it's so hard to get at least one publisher focused on classic series when manga as a whole has been doing so well globally.
>>
>>21458050
it's always the same vague shit as an excuse to shill here, I wonder if the clues ever lead to anything in concrete and aren't just bullshit half the time
>>
>>21458398
Because unless it's something presently trending nobody knows how to market shit. Seven Seas released a bunch of classic series to modern audiences with no marketing and wondered why they didn't do better.
>>
>>21458408
Discotek goes through every hint after every stream and explains them, so no, they aren't just bullshit.
>>
>>21458408
>it's always the same vague shit as an excuse to shill here
I noticed that pattern myself. Doesn't seem to get much traction though, so there's that
>I wonder if the clues ever lead to anything in concrete and aren't just bullshit half the time
As long as people take the bait it's doing its job
>>
>>21458425
>Doesn't seem to get much traction though
It still keeps the thread bumped for fucking weeks.
>>
>>21458428
im anti-shill as much literally as much as the next guy here but everybody does that. It's super lame yes but apparently it's allowed
>>
Imagine being such a poor fag that the idea of people even talking about licenses is enough to make you go crazy and start talking to yourself.
>>
>>21458398
Because the manga that do well globally are usually more recent series that have actual exposure to the mainstream, usually because there's an anime airing to market it.
>>
>>21456809
Maybe they'll get the other, non-Jackie Chan HK City Hunter movie.
>>
>>21458465
I wonder what it would take to get another mecha renaissance and if that wouldn't just be a monkey paw on it's own. Because I've seen how the mainstream audiences talk about their own shit.
>>
>>21458418
Fans themselves do better marketing than some of these companies do, honestly.
>>
>>21453537
>I always mix up Superbook and Flying House
I mean at the end of the day they're basically the same exact show.
>>
>>21458486
It's a decent enough strategy but you still have to get the word out in some way. How many people here even look at what the major manga publishers are putting out lately? I sure as shit haven't in a while. Unless something catches me bu surprise on rightstuf I rarely have any idea of whats coming out.
>>
File: 1671339172661808.jpg (706 KB, 3840x2160)
706 KB
706 KB JPG
>>21458470
Gundam has been making something of a resurgence in the west over the past few years, and Witch From Mercury did pretty damn well on streaming. Daemon X Machina sold well above expectations and is getting a sequel. Armored Core 6 is probably gonna do pretty well too with Fromsoft making it big. I'm not saying this is a sign of a renaissance but it's nice to see, and feels like good things to come.
>>
>>21458604
Don't kid yourself. The Witch from Mercury fans in the west are the resetera audience. They hate the mecha parts of the show and just want it to be a lesbian school drama. They're already shitting on Hathaway for having a male lead and how Gigi should have been trans.
You'll hear people from /a/ say the kits are selling out in the west because they don't actually buy any gunpla and don't know that Bandai is still a fucking cunt, we still have to import 99% of the kits, and everything is backorder unless you have a local hobby shop with an insane man buying more gunpla for his stock than he'll sell in five years.
>>
>>21458604
For /m/ to have a resurgence with new shit sprouting everywhere it'd need some sort of boom in Japan first of all places, western money is completely irrelevant.
>>
File: Ryoma Devolution.jpg (168 KB, 1457x1347)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>21458657
>They're already shitting on Hathaway for having a male lead
What the fuck?
>>
>>21458408
>ever lead to anything in concrete
Someone guessed Gaogaigar from the clue.
>>21457028
Same bro, well there are a lot of shows I want subbed but Dendoh is near the top.
>>
>>21458663
Just wait until Thunderbolt's TV cut starts airing in 3 more weeks. Then they'll praise NT for having space lesbian wizards that dump an Australian man.
>>
>>21458681
>Someone guessed Gaogaigar from the clue.
I feel like a lot of them have been guessed. That one metal heroes series springs to mind.
>>
>>21458507
As much as Twitter sucks, it actually is the best place for these companies to get the word out. That's how I learned Seven Seas were doing Kamen Rider and Gorenger and that Viz was putting out hardcover editions of Hokuto no Ken.
>>
Did anybody else's copy of Kamen Rider Black ship early or is it just me?
>>
>>21458833
Rightstuf often breaks street dates. I've ended up getting a few things way early.
>>
>>21458845
Yep. For example, Ghost Stories was shipped to me today despite officially being released on 2/28 instead. My understanding is that Discotek immediately send the completed product(s) to Rightstuf. Then Rightstuf promptly fulfill these preorders, which Discotek is fine with. So aside from the 25% Rightstuf preorder discount, getting it much earlier is another perk.
>>
>>21453060
Their website's pretty shit, to be fair. I wish they'd make it nicer, or at least reasonably searchable.
>>21448846
yeah but did they announce that they fucking changed Umasou's name to Heart And Yummie? Because I didn't hear anything about it and waited a whole fucking year after the license was announced before noticing it on RightStuf under that name, and it kind of pisses me off.
>>
>>21458916
From the look of it, they only used the Umasou name for the initial announcement and practically every bit of news after that uses the "Heart and Yummie Collection"
>>
>>21458657
Take your meds
>>
>>21460284
Found one!
>>
>>21458993
Could've sworn I skimmed the Twitter for Umasou and never saw that. Did they not say "Umasou is now Heart And Yummie!" anywhere? When searching it on Amazon you don't even see it in search results because Umasou's nowhere in the store page. I think it's just bad marketting.
>>
>OOT Ganondorf fight
Uh, a tennis anime?
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1618687615036948480
>>
>>21458408
I mean some actually make sense, last time I guessed like 4 of the licenses.
>>
>>21460442
>Did they not say "Umasou is now Heart And Yummie!" anywhere?

Nope. They just changed the name after the initial announcement and didn't explicitly tell people. I'm guessing this is why their stock isn't sold out yet despite the print run being limited.
>>
>>21460582
I don't think any of their limited runs are sold out yet.
>>
>>21460627
This.
They’re all still in stock on Rightstuf. None have sold out.
>>
>>21460627
I thought Heart and Yummie was the only limited run. What were the others?
>>
>>21461746
To Be Hero/To Be Heroine, The Princess & the Pilot, Fuse, Holmes of Kyoto, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.
>>
File: Tomino.jpg (12 KB, 233x233)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>21458296
>Z Mazinger
>still no english scans
>>
>>21462063
Aho Girl
>>
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1619064934486388736
Something involving heads? And maybe helmets?
>>
>>21462253
Brain Powerd?
Sentai had the license but not sure if it expired.
>>
File: koji binocs.jpg (30 KB, 720x576)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>21462253
>And maybe helmets?
>>
>>21462253
Sadamitsu the Destroyer?
>>
>>21458833
>>21458845
Bunch of people have gotten it earlier than expected it's how I found out that there's a trailer for Black RX included, meaning that's probably one of the clues
>>
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1619436897025277952
Would be nice if this was a Jiraiya hint.
>>21464455
People were speculating that was the hidden bonus feature, so nice to have it confirmed. I expect there will be an official announcement for it in this stream, yeah.
>>
>>21458833
If you ordered on RightStuf, they give no fucks for official release dates and ship out stuff that's been ordered as soon as it gets to their warehouses. I got Symphogear XV and Ghost Stories today along with A-ko 3 that I had thrown in with those preorders. They've been doing this at least since the pandemic started after they ended up with a major backlog of orders to ship out and got flak for it deciding to just ship everything as it shows up to avoid it happening again.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.