[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 77 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: zeta waverider.jpg (25 KB, 500x421)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
Opinion on transformable MS? I used to think they were universally loved but I've heard a few people say they're just riffing on Macross, and that mobile suits are better as strictly non-planes. I've also heard some people spit venom because their gunpla can be a pain to handle
>>
RG Zeta is a godly piece of gunpla, so idk why casuals are telling you that it's a pain to handle.

Transforming Mobile Suits are fine when the transformation makes sense. I think Wing, Zeta and Aegis are amongst the best.
>>
File: amx-003-ma.jpg (45 KB, 400x400)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>21300004
I don't really care for them one way or another.
Or rather: I don't care for the transformation feature itself. Zeta for example is a pretty damn neat design, I like it a lot, but I would like it just as much without waverider mode.
There are a few select exceptions. Since we're on topic of Zeta one such case is the Gaza-C, I think it looks cooler in MA mode.
>>
File: gazaC_Kondo.jpg (308 KB, 888x732)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>21300022
for me it's the kondo gaza-c
>>
File: hamhands.jpg (36 KB, 500x500)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>21300021
>idk why casuals are telling you that it's a pain to handle.
This. Every time I hear someone bitching about it falling apart, I just assume they're a major hamhands.
>>
File: m198_m0017.jpg (504 KB, 1050x1505)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
>>21300004
>they're just riffing on Macross
they are very unapologetically doing that and that's a good thing. Rule of cool is king and what makes something like patlabor so damn attractive, it's those quaint Toyota police cars blended together with Robocop

zeta is real rad because they didn't go straight to making it a traditional plane, but instead some sort of space shuttle meets experimental aircraft. Other suits it's like they really shouldn't have bothered, but usually it's more of a logistics thing in universe that isn't the main function of the suit eg. RGZ and Wing

some kits can be a pain, but most are fine. The real issue is what's sacrificed to accommodate the transformation. Every zeta kit has had very lame pendulum styled knee joints to accommodate the transformation and if you had problems with core block systems ruining waist articulation zeta is on a whole other level of stiffness
the new verka's innferframe is looking like it's going to solve both of these issues with a locking system in the legs and a shit ton of articulation points in the waist. This is just from their little promo videos, so who knows how good they'll actually be
>>
File: clanche.custom.png (109 KB, 590x880)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
i like them
i grew up on transformers, and my favorites were the spacecraft and jets
a high-speed flight mode seems very practical, especially for space battles. get where you need to go, then switch to rip-and-tear mode
>>
File: bundle.jpg (83 KB, 537x768)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>21300004
I've liked transformable mechs since a child because of a phrase my dad said to me when he gave me that early 2-for-1 Beast Wars set where Optimus was a bat and Megatron an alligator: "Who doesn't like getting two toys in one — and four out of two with this!"
I like them in Gundam works because it's a nice touch to see the machine changing to improve mobility or perform another task, with my favorite being the V1 going from MS to a Fighter that alternates forms with both or each of the other two parts. It's unpractical at times and you know they do it to sell toys but I enjoy seeing it in the shows and other media.
>>
>but I've heard a few people say

WHOMST
>>
>>21300121
Me. I said it.
>>
>>21300121
This guy said it >>21300131
I don't know what his deal is
>>
File: overflaginstructions.jpg (1.31 MB, 1080x1546)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
>>21300004
Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of them, mostly because it does feel a bit like a Macross-inspired gimmick. Especially in Zeta.
Still, there are some cool transforming suits. I really like the Delta Plus, and the Union Flags and Overflags are great.
The only real problem is that friends of mine use them as a reason to keep calling Gundam "Transformers."
>>
>>21300004
I dislike most transforming suits because the alternate form often times ends up really ugly looking. Basically a gundam with its legs folded up.
I like Asshimar, Rezel and Aegis though.
>>
>>21300295
Sounds like you need to either grow a thicker skin or find better friends. Possibly both.
>>
>>21300426
The joke just gets stale after a decade or so.
>>
>>21300444
I stand by my statement.
>>
>>21300004
The problem I always had with transformable MS is that the cost and time it would take to make them would not really justify their practicality. The benefit just isn't strong enough.

Even excuses like "Transforming into a jet would help in an atmosphere like the inside of a colony or earth atmosphere" is not a strong argument since you could build vehicles specifically for air and for space that would be a more effective way to construct your forces.

I mean, the thing that makes this all moot is we are talking about big frickin fantasy robots, so it's all whatever, but if we are talking in-universe, transforming a mobile suit just doesnt make sense.
>>
>>21300469
In all fairness, they're mostly limited to one-off prototypes or limited production runs, and even in-show people are aware of their questionable cost-effectiveness, like Gaza-C's breaking down after three transformations or the ZZ being what it is, such that nothing of the like can be seen once CCA rolls around. Of course, it's a different story come late UC, but giant motorcycle battleships.
>>
File: 1663975770299642.webm (2.8 MB, 1280x720)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB WEBM
>>21300004
the flag is rad but it feels like a jet first and a MS second
>>
>>21300004
I bought the Earthree kit hated it so much i don't trust transforming suits ever again.
>>
>>21300004
>riffing on Macross
I thought it was from Raideen which predates it by 7 years.
>>
>>21300021
>RG Zeta is a godly piece of gunpla
Yeah no. Not as bad as people say, but it's still an extremely flawed kit.
>I think Wing, Zeta and Aegis are amongst the best.
I agree, except for Wing. Bird Mode looks stupid upside down.
>>
>>21300750
>Earthree
>had issues with a simple partsformer
>made for kids
>>
I just think there's a thin line to tread between 'this is crippling itself and has no reason to exist' and 'this is so superior to everything out there that it doesn't make sense why every mecha is not a transformable fighter'.
Especially when there's no aerodynamics in space.
>>
>>21300004
It ruined the MG V2 and I'll be eternally butthurt about it
>>
>>21301048
just buy an action figure if you wanted an action figure
>>
>>21300530
Man, Graham was inversely cool as to how much fucks he gave about his well being doing all those crazy moves.
>>
>>21301000

I've always heard it attributed to Macross, presumably because Macross aired closer to Zeta and was a major financial success itself. Plus, it was a more ubiquitous element of SDF Macross than of Raideen. I don't think I've ever seen a reputable source for either however. Personally though, I'm not a fan of transformable mobile suits, both because I don't think the vast majority of them have interesting transformations and because the shows rarely make good use of them regardless. They mostly just transform to go to and from a battlefield, and then fight as mobile suits. The variable fighters in Macross are cool on the other hand because the transformation is generally pretty slick and both forms usually look at least decent, while the choreography often takes advantage of the multiple forms.

I think a transformation could work in a series taking place in a more dramatic/exaggerated setting like G or Wing, if it has a very stylistic base. The Epyon having a twin dragon transformation could have been really cool for instance, especially if it first appears fighting in that more monstrous form. It doesn't have a notably monstrous transformation though; it just folds it's legs over the rest of the body. Which looks goofy as hell, and doesn't really add anything of note to the unit's repetoire from an action point of view.
>>
>>21301000
Transforming robots were generally in the zeitgeist when Zeta came out
>Takara had just ended the Diaclone line and launched the Transformers line
>Macross had appeared and had its sudden success
>Tomino himself had just been working on Xabungle a couple of years earlier
>Bandai's own Machine Robo toyline was approaching the end of its first 'era' and about to relaunch under the Revenge of Cronos banner
>Lots of random one-off anime immediately after Macross featuring transforming robots, like Orguss, Legioss, Galvion, etc.
Robot toys with vehicle modes was just the done thing between like 1982 and 1986, in the same was that combiners had been so popular before that
>>
>>21301054
Are you retarded or just like to pretend to be one?
>>
>>21300004
All the transforming introduced to Gundam around the time of Zeta are just a dumb gimmicks and don't add anything to the series.
The Double Zeta is absolutely ridiculous and dumb with how pointless its combining and transforming is..
>>
>>21301305
would you rather impressive engineering or a display piece?
I'd rather my victory suits I assemble to have impressive engineering that almost push the boundaries of what you can pull off with plastic thanks. Action figures and high grades are there for you if you want something that looks nice on your shelf
>>
File: 10840299p.jpg (231 KB, 1200x980)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>21300004
since we're talking about plamo and transforming mecha, I can't believe it was Kotobukiya that pulled off a transforming kit/mech design that looks good and distinct in both modes, has a transformation that isn't too simple and also not overly complex, is solid, and poses well
>>
>>21302477
I was super impressed by the conversion, the tolerances are very tight but I think that almost works in its favor because then you're sure you have everything in *just* the right place.
>>
>>21300004
I think it’s a dumb concept
>>
>>21302367
ah yes, impressive engineering
>no waist articulation
fuck off
>>
>>21300004
I prefer them on Mobile Armors where they're allowed to have weirder designs. Most transformable Gundams just look silly in flight form. Don't much care for the concept regardless, aside from Asshimar and Jamru-Fin.
>>
>>21302477
That worked out well because it was pretty much a VF's transformation. You can see the VF influence in the design.

For Gundam, its pretty clear that the designers aren't truly trying to design a transforming design most of the time(Lying down on its belly and unfolding its wings is not transforming), they're just satisfying the sponsors/execs.
>>
>>21301038
It's called the fighter has such shit connections on most of its parts that they will fall off if you look at it funny, I spent a good half of the time building it reapply parts that just fell off of it.
>>
>>21302533
you achieve all the transformations with waist articulation besides the "secret" meme technique without making it a parts former
keep in mind that the skirt is part of the upper body transformation
>>
>>21302710
i'd much rather have it be a partsformer (or hell, no core block system at all) than have it be on par with MG kits from 10 years before it
>>
>>21300021
Zeta design, peak Gundam, RG Zeta, hand grenade, don't lie to the OP. Just get the HG Zeta or the new MG Zeta, they're better kits.
>>
>>21300750
WTF anon? Earthree is super solid, how did you screw up such a simple kit?
>>
>>21300004
Transforming gundams all suck, because that gimmick is always super lazily implemented. Like turn around and hide the face tier or even worse.
>>
>>21302736
Ham. Hands.
>>
>>21302367
>would you rather impressive engineering or a display piece?
Model kits are LITERALLY supposed to be DIY display pieces
>>
File: 1667966303619153.jpg (467 KB, 1974x2125)
467 KB
467 KB JPG
>>21302677
>That worked out well because it was pretty much a VF's transformation. You can see the VF influence in the design.
There's definitely a VF influence in the design, some people found out you can actually get the kit into Gerwalk mode even though it's not shown in the instructions. But you also can't deny the influence it got from Zeta Gundam and the Delta Plus. The way the Garudagear has a hinge in the chest armor that flips forward to accommodate and also fit flush with the nose section is basically the same as the Zeta and the Delta Plus. Also the fighter mode visually follows the Gundam style of fighter modes where it looks like a far future fighter jet/star fighter with no obvious outside cockpit section whereas Macross always goes for the modern/near feature fighter jet look with a glass cockpit bubble for the pilot.
But the Garudagear has simplified the transformation process compared to Zeta Gundam, Delta Plus, and any VF.
>>
>>21302736
Remember in a grenade the user is the one that pulls the pin. So if you call the Zeta a hand grenade that's literally saying you did something to cause it to be shit.
>>
File: file.png (637 KB, 1471x606)
637 KB
637 KB PNG
>>21300004
>Opinion on transformable MS?
I feel like most Gundam series don't do a great job of selling the alternating modes, it usually feels like one form or the other seems way more effective and makes the other look pointless. On top of that, I can't really think of any characters who had a fighting style that smoothly and logically transitioned between the two as needed, they just kind of switch between them arbitrarily.

Design-wise I like them when they have a proper transformation like the Zeta, but there are a lot where the transformation is simply lying down, maybe rotating the legs, and then relying heavily on a shield or a backpack to cover the top half of the body. They usually aren't designed to be seen from any angle than the top.
>>
>>21302871
>>21303933

lol, Reading comprehension guys, regardless, the RG Zeta is a hand grenade, it's well known. It's amazing that they were able to make a transforming mobile suit that small, but it breaks easily, should have use metal parts in some of those joints, or made it a parts former.

Clearly neither of you guys actually built the RG Zeta and it shows.
>>
>>21303933
>imagine thinking the RG Zeta isn't a hand grenade.
>>
>>21304838
Dude, I've built three of them. One for myself, one for a friend, and the P-Bandai White Unicorn version. No issues with any of them. If you're breaking your kits, stop abusing them.
>>
>>21300469
I like the idea of limited transformation. As in not a full-on alt-mode, but rather a simple reconfigure for purpose. For example, all off the larger thrusters on a mecha orienting in the same direction for a boost in thrust, with the main weapon/s similarly orienting toward the direction of travel. Also some form of limited transformation to dock with disposable or mission specific equipment. If you're dealing with space operations I think this makes sense, but much less so in the atmosphere.
>>
>>21303953
It's so funny to me that Okawara basically reused a Layzner enemy for a Gundam. It's not even as nice as the Layzner Mk-II.
>>
>>21304838
>a hand grenade
Everytime I hear a snapper use this term, its the mouth-breathing type that wants a toy they can mash against other gunpla. Not everyone looks at gunpla as action figures to play with while you eat your tendies, some of us build model kits that we pose to look nice on display shelves. All of the gunpla I have bought have been able to make poses I like including the RG Zeta, and none of them have exploded like a "hand grenade" from me looking at them too long. But maybe they havnt done that because I dont mash them together and make noises and wonder what having a girlfriend is like.
>>
>>21302737
I'm talking about the Fighter Part when its separate (the way they tell you to make it 1st) several of the parts are basically held in place by gravity and thoughts in prayers. It is not a good design.
>>
>>21305388
The hand grenade term generally refers to how easily the kit falls apart into a billion pieces after any impact. It can refer to how sturdy the parts are held together as well.
A very prominent problem even with display-only fags is kits falling and parts breaking off, having to reassemble the fallen off parts and repose them. A kit being a hand grenade just means it breaks apart much more easily.
>>
>>21300004
Best way to think about it is, a tranformable MS is basically an intercepter. There would be at least one or two assigned to a base to run patrols and intercept anything in their AO, or they can travel to other areas to assist in other operations.
They're almost always an intercepter or a hit-n-type, something light that aces mostly pilot.
>>
>>21303953
I recall Graham and Allelujah in 00 S1 used the jet modes of their MS to quickly close in, then transformed for melee. But then everyone got a GN drive in S2, and Graham got Trans Am because Cucked Billy is an incredible engineer.
>>
File: Untitled.png (806 KB, 757x1261)
806 KB
806 KB PNG
>>21306323
Did Billy win in the end?
>>
File: XSZCtBQ.jpg (170 KB, 1280x1024)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>21300022
>Zeta for example is a pretty damn neat design, I like it a lot, but I would like it just as much without waverider mode.
I feel the same way for a lot of the TMS in Gundam, but sometimes I wonder if we would have got the same MS if transformation had not been a part of their creation.

For example, would the Gaplant still look the same if it had been created to not transform? One of my favorite things about the Gaplant are the big arm boosters, but I feel like those happened because it transformed into a flight mode.
>>
File: Mrx-009-mf.jpg (448 KB, 1325x1494)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
Only really good when the mobile suit transforms into something that can actually be classified as a vehicle of some sort.

This thing here? This is pretty pointless.
>>
File: 498260fe84a0e_l.jpg (173 KB, 1024x768)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>21305373
You can only make so many designs before you start to run out of ideas. And it really worked out for Okawara too, barely anybody seems to notice that most of his AU lead Gundams are basically just F91 redesigns.
>>
>>21300530
While that's not necessarily a bad thing, variable fighters from Macross probably pull that off better.
>>
File: AMX-107A Bawoo A1 & A2.png (548 KB, 1099x1363)
548 KB
548 KB PNG
I wish there was a Bawoo variant that had a waverider mode, like the ones from this doujin.
>>
File: mA0mfou.jpg (351 KB, 840x630)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
>>21312100
>>
>>21311174
>Looks at Freedom
>Looks at F91

I don't like what you're implying, anon
>>
>>21312104

> Mobile Suit Gundam: ANOTHER War Meaningless Story

Sounds like a good title for half the franchise.
>>
>>21312116
I mean, that's basically human history.
>>
>>21300004
>people say
fuck them
>>
>>21300004
Zeta's shield doubling as its Waverider form's nosecone is retarded.
>>
>>21311174
Okawara was a major designer for Transformers and the Brave Series. He can clearly do it but Gundams are so locked into a certain look (and the limits of plamo technology) it's hard to push the envelope.
>>
>>21300049
I don't like transformable gunpla. I just find that anything more complicated than Wing's transformation always compromises the gunplas poseability, proportions,and stability/weight distribution in mobile suit form. and most of the time, the transformed mode doesn't even look that good in the first place, unlike macross valkyries.
>>
I like transforming suits a lot, but I like non-transforming suits even more. It's also pretty hard to justify the transformation a lot of the time and transforming suits tend to feel somewhat samey to me
>>
>>
The Kyrios line gets my pickle to wiggle
>>
File: 1520830644715.jpg (101 KB, 1000x1000)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>
File: CP6DKmZWgAADCN1.jpg (60 KB, 1024x692)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Kyrios, Arios, and Harute are the best transforming Gundams.
>>
>>21314056
The whole line uses the dumb "belly flop and cover the head when seen from the top" method of "transforming"
>>
>>21314098
So? Still looks better than other transforming Gundams.
>>
File: rg10_129.jpg (68 KB, 655x650)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>21314108
Bitch, please.
>>
File: m214_91.jpg (90 KB, 1000x577)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>21314108
>>21314112
>>
>>21314113
Kyrios specifically has it's face shown underneath so that enemies know it's a gundam
>>
>>21314112
How many years did it take bandai to release a non parts forming Zeta?
>>21314113
Beautiful
>>
>>21314152
MG Zeta Gundam, circa 1996.

>>21314113
Assuming it's true, that has to be the most retarded example of using supplementary lore to cover for a bad design after the fact that I've ever heard.
>>
File: arios.webm (2.94 MB, 620x348)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
Glorious
>>
File: 1669946733302271.jpg (441 KB, 2000x1500)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
>>21300004
I think they're neat
>>
File: 1669985790288.jpg (101 KB, 800x450)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
I fucking love transformables.
>>
File: images (85).jpg (35 KB, 543x564)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
My favorite is this one.
>>
>>21314358
in 2D its perfection, no one sees it coming
>>
File: 1669992508547.jpg (309 KB, 1000x667)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
>>
File: 1414239764397.jpg (40 KB, 500x421)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>21314056
Discuss super soldier mating rituals
>>
>>21314112
Zeta is a partsformer.
>>
I love them.
>>
Hate it when the vehicle modes are still instantly recognizable as gundam.
>>
>>
File: ryuichi-tobe-22050903.jpg (336 KB, 1920x1080)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>21314761
>>
File: ryuichi-tobe-gg061201.jpg (312 KB, 1920x1080)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>21314763
>>
For me it depends on the transformation itself

AGE-2 is great for it's simplicity and the Zeta is shit cause the whole unnecessary flipping and spinning of the backpack to make a heat shield(which looks like it shouldn't work) for reentry.
>>
File: alpha-arm.gif (195 KB, 1134x718)
195 KB
195 KB GIF
>>21314765
I can't be the only one who thinks that long rifle is extremely sexy.
>>
File: ryuichi-tobe-gg052803.jpg (275 KB, 1920x1920)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>21314780
You are not alone, because it absolutely is.
>>
File: ryuichi-tobe-gg-061804.jpg (149 KB, 1920x1080)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>21314807
>>
File: AMX-008_Ga-Zowmn.jpg (452 KB, 1280x1853)
452 KB
452 KB JPG
>>
File: zg25_40.jpg (90 KB, 818x750)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>21314152
>>21314198
>How many years did it take bandai to release a non parts forming Zeta?
For 1/100: 1985 with picrel
For 1/60: 2000 with the PG
For 1/144: 2012 with the hand grenade (even the Wave Shooter HG from the 90s had you remove the head and sides)
>>
File: FZ3-33gUIAAGmbc.jpg (525 KB, 1638x2048)
525 KB
525 KB JPG
>>21314038
I like transformations like the Asshimar, because it doesnt try to transform into a sleek jet, Asshimar turns into a big orange flying wheel. So whacky but original.
>>
File: FeZYjAuaUAUlFl3.jpg (476 KB, 1536x2048)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
>>21314809
>>
>>21305102
>>21305388
So out of the 150+ Gunpla's i've built, and the RG Zeta being the only one i've ever broken... And having multiple other Anons also say it's a hand grenade... And you say it's not a hand grenade? Right.
>>
>>21305709
Doesn't help that the RG Zeta also has weak joints, particulary around the hips where it transforms.
>>
>>21318569
Needs more greebles.
>>
File: wound.jpg (34 KB, 800x800)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
I like the woundwort and hazel II's transformations
>>
I never understood why are they faster in transformed mode in space with the same thrusters they have normally.
>>
>>21319396
Typically more of them are pointing in the same direction.
>>
>>21319396
Probably air resistance if it’s in an atmosphere. More efficient thruster usage I assume in space.
>>
The only downside of transformable MS is the total sidelining of traditional fighters.
>>
>>
File: raideen.jpg (117 KB, 1417x1003)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>21300004
>but I've heard a few people say they're just riffing on Macross
Raideen was first.
>>
File: Methuss_X-1_gray.jpg (267 KB, 575x1037)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>
I like the look of the Wave-Shooter type Zeta, even though it was invented so that early Zeta Gundam gunpla could transform more easily.
>>
>>21300004
>>21314112
>>21315780
>>21322116
What happens if the Z looses its shield thing. Ca it not transform into ship mode anymore?
>>
File: ReZel-Command.jpg (1.95 MB, 3932x5702)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB JPG
>>21322118
There's a reason why successor models ditched the nosecone shields.
>>
>>21322118
It can transform just fine, but it would not be able function in atmosphere.
>>
low t: zeta shield is le bad
high t: zeta shield is based
megamind: zeta shield is 10/10 when it doubles as the l-gaim canon
>>
>>21322271
Re-GZ Custom is the closest thing Anaheim ever did to a genuine successor to the Zeta, rather than a cost cutting attempt at mass production. Just replace the ak-47 with a normal looking rifle. Rezel's, maybe?
>>
>>21322124
ReZEL's more of a Methus successor than a Zeta successor, especially where the transformation is concerned.
>>
>>21322382
>more of a Methus successor
>no telescopic waist
brutha the rezel is just a what if we do what did with the rgz, but for the ZII
>>
>>21322449
the Z in the name literally stands for zeta as well
>>
>>21303953
The aurmaster's desig is so dumb. It has an entire backpack just to get an airplane-like silhouette in MA mode and yet the entire thing still doesn't come together.

The show's animation cheats a lot by making it look more "compressed" in MA form, but the actual design is just bad.
>>
>>21322449
It's literally a modernized Methuss frame because Anaheim finally realized Zeta's design is too complicated to effectively mass produce. It's not just Methuss of course, as far as weaponry and other stuff goes it takes mostly after Zeta and it's other attempted mass production variants, but the "Z" in ReZEL is first and foremost branding.
>>
>>21303953
Airmaster is honestly the only suit to date to make the "bird mode"-style transformation not look absolutely stupid.
>>
>>21322469
>>21322480
The duality of /m/an
>>
>>21300004
>Opinion on transformable MS?
i like transformable tank a lot.
>>
>>21322478
Bro
It's 200% a zeta frame
I don't give a fuck what Anaheim pr says, that's just a zeta that folds its legs a little differently
>>
>>21322515
anon, compare the transformation modes.
>>
>>21322514
>>
>>21322515
Anon, it even has the Methuss crotch hook...
>>
>>21322517
I have a kit
I love me zeta project

I promise you the rezel has wa more in common with the zeta, only lacks the chest flattening out like the old boy and the legs obviously fold in neatly.
The zII has existed for ages before the rezel and even that was more zeta than methus
>>
>>21300530
It's only over a decade after watching this that I realize that:
>The choreography is a lot shittier than I remember
>The dialogue reads as if it was written by a chatbot
>>
>I'm into mecha
>I'm also into planes
>In fact I was playing Ace Combat and raving on about planes way before I was into mecha
>Macross was one of my first /m/ anime and 7 still remains one of my favorites to this day
>But I'm also a realismfag and tankfag
My opinion on transforming mechs is full of internal conflict. Can't deny that VFs and things like the Vic Viper from ZOE are rad as fuck though.
>>
File: 2cVkOaS.gif (1.38 MB, 500x281)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB GIF
>>
>>21300049
from what I hear it's not just the possibility of it falling apart, but also some long-term issues from its design. The RG zeta was made back when RGs had full joints of their inner frame made on the runner; this was neat, but it meant that if/when that joint became loose, you couldn't tighten it because there's no way to access the loose part of the joint. And since transforming the zeta stresses a lot of those joints, its joints start to loosen up after a few transformations.

That said, I can't confirm this myself since I never got it, I was more into MGs at the time.
>>
>>21323948
I hate this stupid fucking thing
>>
Mecha that transform into airplanes are
>Worse at being mecha than regular mecha
>Worse at being planes than regular planes
Mecha that transform into tanks are
>Worse at being mecha than regular mecha
>Worse at being tanks than regular tanks

If none of these are the case then you're watching a super robot show. Nothing wrong with that but I ain't into it.
>>
>>21324014
How can you hate THE NUTTER
>>
>>21303426
>>21302677
A lot of mecha to fighter transformations are similar because they have to fulfill the same quota
>Cockpit can't be destroyed or shifted around too rapidly
>have to arrange a humanoid form into the body of a fighter jet or something that looks aerodynamic
The Zeta/VF-1 transformations are a natural solution, if you simplify their masses into blocks the positioning of most of their parts is basically the same except the Zeta moves its wings from the back to the bottom.
Unconventional humanoid and/or fighter designs end up with stranger transformations. The SARGs in Argento Soma are an example that sticks out to me.
>>
>>21324126
>Unconventional humanoid and/or fighter designs end up with stranger transformations
Or just lazier ones. See:
>>21314098
>>21314113

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.