[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 53 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Screenshot_02.png (357 KB, 1280x720)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
>Myanmar conflict resembling FM2
>War in Ukraine is Left Alive
>Taiwan is the closest thing to Huffman Island
Are we heading closer and closer to a FM like geopolitical setting?
>>
File: Grimnyr.jpg (94 KB, 829x831)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>21289617
always have been.
>>
Reality is not yet unhinged enough to be an FM plot, no matter how desperately it tries to be.
>>
>>21289617
It's already worse. Much worse.
>>
File: fm-illustration2.jpg (200 KB, 750x1000)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>21289617
>Real life is already like a cyberpunk dystopia but without the cool stuff
>Is also becoming Front Mission but without the cool Wanzers
Man, we really got the shaft in the irl department, didn't we?
>>
>>21289649
>>21290017
>>21290039
WHICH ONE IS IT?
>>
Isn't Venezuela an allegory to FM4? Never played the game. Only read up on wikis for it.
>>
>>21290094
Drones
>>
>>21290121
Ignore Da Han Zhong psyops
>>
File: 23412817_p0.jpg (474 KB, 1523x1387)
474 KB
474 KB JPG
>>21289617
Oh, I wouldn't worry about it.
https://www.euronews.com/next/2022/10/14/scientists-taught-sentient-brain-cells-in-a-petri-dish-to-play-video-game-pong
>>
File: 10664.png (2 KB, 148x125)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
gun hazard a best
>>
File: rename1 (90).jpg (41 KB, 450x450)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>21290128
Venezuela...kind of, yeah. Depending on your perspective you could say the dictator guy in FM4 is supposed to resemble what's going on in Venezuela, but IIRC in FM4 Venezuela was a literal state of the USN/UCS, which IRL Venezuela isn't (at least not yet). But man, if we do see superstates forming like that, then I'll definitely think that Front Mission was eerily prophetic.
>>
The only thing I find incredibly unbelievable in the FMverse is Australia actively opposing the America bloc, even going so far as allying with China. Anglos stick together.
>>
>>21290492
I was pretty keen to ally China over the US until the Ukraine war. Firm reminder of how the east can't into warfare. US military might has brought me back.
>>
File: Fh8ZyAnXwAEZ_-w.jpg (78 KB, 640x773)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>21290121
(im the third one but this pic says it all)
>>
>>21289617
>There's a remake of FM1 coming out on the Switch soon
I only found this out a couple of days ago. Blew my mind. I thought we'd never see anything in this series again outside of shitty action games.
>>
>>21290492
Eh, given how many "We are not yanks!" signs I saw around Brisbane the last Haloween, I wouldn't call it "impossible". Feels like the Aussies don't have a high opinion of Americans.
>>
>>21290600
Best thing is they won't pussy out like Ninty did with Advanced Wars.
>>
>>21290492
>even going so far as allying with China
China's not even apart of the OCU.
>>
>>21290654
They had an alliance in Evolved. I know I'm bringing up something that be forgotten, but it is what it is.
>>
File: 84.jpg (65 KB, 800x600)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
I maintain my mostly pessimistic stance. Cool that the remakes are happening; and on the Switch with it's huge install base to make new mecha fans.
But everything beyond the wanzer models is simply going to look and feel cheap. I'll eat my hat if it isn't censored too.
>>
>>21290658
FM5 remaster when?
>>
>>21290654
The OCU is what I wish would happen in real life. There's so many natural resources in the area and you've got a pretty huge manpower pool in SEA. It could be pretty formidable. It'll also never happen in our lifetimes though. Maybe never.
>>
>>21290681
What would happen in such a scenario is you will have so many Filipinos, Burmese, and Indonesians flooding Japan, Korea, Sinagpore, and Australia that it will cause social upheaval of unparalleled magnitudes.
>>
>>21290691
*replace Korea with Taiwan. Apparently they're not in the club for some reason.
>>
>>21290691
The shit ones live in horriblly poor areas. They wouldn't be able to move anyway. The ones in the nice areas of their countries that can afford to move are generally fine anyway. You'd hope a big union like that would improve the living conditions and education rate of the poorer areas anyway.
>>
File: 12-o.jpg (1.21 MB, 2048x1512)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
The manga is so good, the Shepard arc blew my mind

I can't help but wonder why the fuck didn't they make a video game out this
>>
File: MYKINGDOMFORANISLAND.jpg (888 KB, 1000x1396)
888 KB
888 KB JPG
>>21290699
>Apparently they're not in the club for some reason.
You know exactly why
>>
>>21290732
OCU actually has huge issues with inequality hence why there are states that want to breakway from it like Alordesh (Bangladesh). In reality, it's the Japs and the Ausfags who call the shots.
>>
>>21290658
what could possibly be worth censoring?
>>
>>21290781
That one scene where the protagonist spreads his butthole.
>>
>>21290789
that's a gay scene
censoring it would be anti-lgbq+
>>
>>21290797
I'm not gay and I enjoyed it. So it can't be gay.
>>
>>21290754
>In reality, it's the Japs and the Ausfags who call the shots.
The way God intended.
>>
https://www.timeextension.com/features/did-you-know-that-front-mission-cybernator-and-assault-suit-leynos-are-all-connected
Saul connected
>>
File: hishoukiheikaizado.jpg (17 KB, 303x300)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>21291037
Oh shit, that's a fantastic article, anon! Thanks! I'd heard about the relationship between Gun Hazard and Valken before, but I never knew there was a relationship between X-Serd (and Vixen 357) and Front Mission before!
>>
>>21291259
ikr, makes me want to buy the e-book with more interviews and obscure info
>>
>>21290781
Western versions of 1st, 3 and 4 all got censored.
And yes it's just text, but it's still censorship.
>>
>>21291351
Rip. I shudder to think how they're going to neuter 2nd. It maybe the most politically incorrect of the series.
>>
>>21289617
Is the Philippines a world power yet
>>
>>21291380
Fact: Philippinos are the strongest race
>>
>>21291380
I think Jolibee can overtake KFC but probably not McD.
>>
>>21291392
I'll believe it when you confused Spics actually construct the Dagat Ahas.
>>
>>21291351
What got censored?
>>
>>21291380
Do your women look like Asuka expies?
>>
File: 22_pc15.jpg (3.67 MB, 2960x3516)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB JPG
>>21291442
Mostly characters' speech patterns, indicating decline in their mental health.
I mean it's obvious that Kazuki goes apeshit over the game even with FM3's shoddy translation, not sure if you can call that one "censorship".

>>21291588
I was exposed to FM3 before eva, and good god she was making me rock hard with just her low res portrait.
I guess I was asukafag even before I knew she existed.
>>
>>21291588
I have seen some pretty white looking Filipinas.
>>
>>21290492
>Anglos stick together.
Yeah, I'm not so sure about that.
t. Leaf
>>
Aren't Front Mission's suprastates kinda dated with who's in them now? At least it's less ridiculous than what Black Ops 2 did, that shit was dated in a year.
>>
>>21291668
In my opinion, only OCU is wonky because Australia will never fully butt heads with Burgers, no matter how they wave around the hateboner. USN may rustle the jimmies of the resident Hue Hues here.
>>
>>21291687
Us annexing Canada and Mexico is one thing, but I have to wonder how the hell we managed to annex the rest of Central America and South America too.
>>
>>21291692
Just like what happened with the UNION from Gundam 00. They're reliant on gibs from Washington.
>>
>>21290681
Filipinos are the most powerful race
>>
>>21291392
>>21291700
This is some copium powered meme right? I've seen this on /int/ and /pol/ before.
>>
>>21291696
Yeah I guess that makes sense.
>>21291705
It's a meme you dip.
>>
>>21291700
I knew I spelt it and worded it wrong.

>>21291705
You just don't know a Fact when you see one.
>>
>>21291442
Lloyd is way more unhinged in fan translation than in the official DS port.
>>
>>21291708
He doesn't know about kush and lyrics
>>
>>21291733
Fan translations and characters sounding unhinged, name a more iconic duo.

Calling that censorship is... missing a few steps.
>>
Doesn't Lloyd become a full on terrorist by FM2? No one of sound mind would do what he did in that game.
>>
File: FM3_MihoFace.jpg (71 KB, 850x950)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>21291639
For me, it's pic related (although she gets done dirty)
>>
>>21292321
Just like her inspiration. I swear FM3 writers just binged every single popular mecha and sci-fi then and incorporated them into their story.
I personally don't mind.
>>
Is 4 really the worst game in the mainline series when it comes to mechanics?
>>
>>21292483
Yep
It's the "worst" game though which mean it's still pretty playable
>>
>>21292551
How linking worked in 4 was nonsense with units from half across the map being able to connect. Good thing 5 fixed it.
>>
When's Back Mission?
>>
>>21292190
[Spoiler]Prison time followed by recruitment into a terrorist org[/spoiler] changed him. He also had some mental scars in the one year period between the prologue and the meat of the story that unfortunately was only covered in side materials.
>>
>>21292685
>can't even spoiler correctly
As expected of FMfags
>>
Is this game any good?
>>
>>21293607
Would like to know too. Huffman Conflict has as much sidestory fluff as OYW.
>>
>>21293607
>>21295232
It's FM1st on the DS but somehow even more unbalanced. You can play it easily even untranslated though
>>
>>21295276
When was the series ever balanced? Every single entry always has some OP boner for some weapon type be it melee from 2 or shotguns and smgs in 3.
>>
>>21295318
Fair, but for 2089 you basically have to go out of your way to not use shotguns even if you don't want to become a virtual demigod by mid game since shotguns do good damage and break parts and exp is calculated based on how many parts you break so you get more experience and do more damage and so on... At least in FM1 this only happens when you're much closer to the end
>>
>>21293607
Is there even a gamefaqs translation guide for this
>>
>>21296007
There is one guy on gbatemp still working on translation project for this game but his lastest update was almost year ago
>>
>>21296201
That bodes well
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 142x354)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>21295318
>melee from 2
cordy has entered the chat
>>
>>21289617
>>Taiwan is the closest thing to Huffman Island
Always thought the Malvinas/Falklands were the closest thing to huffman.
>>
Rifle users are too slept on in FM.
>>
File: 1642207017795.jpg (62 KB, 800x600)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
SEA had the makings of an OCU like structure back when they tried Maphilindo. Too bad Indonesia and Malaysia hated each others guts.
>>
>>21297126
Just like how the Philippines could've kept its GDP, but fucked it all up because retard Spic-style politics.
>>
>>21297126
SEATO fizzled out. You'd be crazy to think that region could ever hold together a true military alliance. The best they can do is a useless country club (ASEAN).
>>
>>21296540
>fire shotgun or MSG at 50%
>at least half of the pellets land
>meaning you can still dismember/dismount enemy depending on situation, while inflicting reasonable damage
>fire rifle at 95%
>miss
>never use rifles ever again
>>
>>21296540
They were OP in FM1 if you equipped the Duel and Switch skills, even if having a robot about to tip to the front with two fuckhuge rifles looked weird.
I still like the way they were done in FM4 and 5, making your Wanzer hold the rifle with both hands for a proper aim and linking from afar. If anything, I think gatling guns in 5 were a good idea but poorly implemented, because Gunner parts are too weak to close in and GG are too heavy to put on anything else.
>>21297202
That Penetration from some late rifles, though. Too good to pass on
>>
Isn't the EU a declining power in Front Mission? They don't seem to have much influence to throw around even in Africa. What is their relationship with the big boi blocs anyways?
>>
Will Squenix be committed enough to finally bring FM5 out overseas officially?
>>
>>21298459

They'll need to bring the novels and manga out first.
>>
Really want to get into the franchise and was looking forward to the FM1 and 2 remakes, but I don't have a Switch. I tried Left Alive, yeah, nah.
>>
>>21298651
Left Alive and FM Alternative can safely be discarded as non FM by virtue of having none of the original staff behind them.
>>
>>21289617
>Are we heading closer and closer to a FM like geopolitical setting?
No, FM was designed on the world created from a mindset that existed in the 90s and not so much anymore. The USN makes sense in the time the games were made because we legitimately tried to create like a version of the EU for the Americas. Which does exist, it's called the Organization of American States with its emblem being pic related, but it's not the bloc that the USN was or really even what the modern EU is, it's mostly just an organization for making trade between nations in the Americas smoother. The idea that we're going to go back into big geopolitical blocs is something I don't see happening unless the east and west start actively aiming their nukes at each other again with the finger nervously hovering over the button. Even what's happening right now really doesn't compare.
>>
>>21298720
All bets are off if Putin ever does make good of his threats of irradiating Ukraine.
>>
>>21298724
And yet I don't see the blocs returning to how they were in the Cold War. The games are very deeply rooted in a Cold War mindset, from the perspective of someone who lived in what was effectively a vassal state of the US at the time.
>>
>>21298728
>from the perspective of someone who lived in what was effectively a vassal state of the US at the time.
Pinoy?
>>
>>21298730
I'm talking about the writer of FM1-5, who is Japanese. Japan was basically treated as a giant airstrip for the US during the Cold War.
>>
>>21298731
They still are. Your choice of words made me think of someone who used to be under the US umbrella deeply.
>>
>>21298733
Well no, now they're far more valuable as a trade partner. People seem to forget that basically until the late 70ss, "Made in Japan" was the Made in China of the time, they were infamous for shit quality products you didn't want to buy. There's a joke about it in BTTF3 about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1QcjsjjtRc
Japan still has strategic value but we also have Korea for that, Japan's primary value for us today is economic.
>>
>>21298734
Huh? Most of the US overseas bases in Asia are in Japan. Hell, CVN Ronald Reagan's home port is at Yokosuka and the USN treats their carriers like their treasure troves. The Philippines, their supposed oldest ally in the region, never even got that treatment. I'm not denying Japan's value within the US ally hierarchy has risen, but the core purpose of their continued presence remains the same.
>>
>>21298740
>Huh?
Yes. As someone who went to college for economics and studying macroeconomic theory, the last 30 years in US-Japan relations has been dominated by the economic value of the islands.
In fact, most countries we have lots of bases in from the Cold War, our reason being there now boils down to "we make a lot of money off of them". People like to bring up how much money we just give to Israel per year (we don't, we give them favorable treatment in loans equivalent to that money), ignoring we make back multiple times that in trade with them as an exchange.
>>
>>21298748
That doesn't discount the fact that Japan enjoys the most protection from the US simply through physical presence. You went to college, but did you actually graduate? Hard doubt.
>>
>>21298749
>That doesn't discount the fact that Japan enjoys the most protection from the US simply through physical presence.
Sure but that's not our primary investment there, at least not anymore. The current world order we have operated on since the end of the cold war effectively is built on the premise of "war happens when trade fails" and the idea that extensive trade networks are the greatest deterrent to war (whether or not this holds true in the face of the current war and that pipeline that was meant to prevent conflict via trade, is neither here nor there), and that use of capital can make conflict too economically inconvenient to want to do it. This system actively disincentivizes the concept of blocs like the kind found in Front Mission because blocs in a perfectly peaceful world can make trade more easily (look at the clusterfuck that is Britain right now having to renegotiate all of its trade agreements now that it's no longer under the EU), but it falls apart when blocs are belligerent to each other because they trade for the most part stops happening (trade between the US and Soviet Union was 1% of either country's total trade per year). I'm not discounting the strategic value of Japan (which is less its strategic value in terms of location and more in terms of we already built all our shit there so now we don't have to build it somewhere else), I'm just saying its primary value for America as a whole is not just strategic and as a result, it shows the world we live in today is not going to become the world of FM.

>You went to college, but did you actually graduate?
BA in Economics at NYU.
>>
>>21298757
Cool essay, but North Korea exists and as far as I know, only China is its serious trading partner. Everything that state does runs counter to whatever you've been arguing.
>>
>>21298761
North Korea for one, isn't a bloc, it's an individual state. More importantly, it exists in just enough capacity to stay afloat but nothing more.
>>
>>21298773
Sneakily backpedaling aside, its existence and containment are two of the primary objectives of the USFJ. They would've fucked off of Japan like they did in the Philippines otherwise.
>>
>>21298775
Why we left the Philippines is a very long and complicated story. Suffice to say it's not really comparable to the Japan situation.
>>
>>21298828
Using your economics angle, it's because they broke and from my angle it's because they're an unreliable ally akin to a Central American shithole.
>>
1st remake coming in 5 days. I've no idea about this Forever Entertainment, but I hope they don't fuck it up.
>>
>>21298883
>it's because they're an unreliable ally
Actually the opposite, they're very reliable despite some shakeups with certain leaders. Every time a leader tries to get closer to China than the US, the populace gets pissed.
>>
>>21299502
I'm aware of the disconnect, but the masses almost always vote in populist leaders with a "Pinoy Pride" platform that eschews globohomo and that spooks Burgers from ever giving them preferential treatment like giving them F-35's and other cool toys.
>>
>>21297506
They're kinda there, trading with other powers and using exotic materials and ores to power up Wanzers.
The Centipede merc group in FM3 is from the EC, so european soldiers of fortune dotting the other power blocks may be a thing. Also, the EC/Zaftra relations over resources is part of FM4's plot.
If anything, I'm more interested in the middle east: oil-based economies waned when fusion engines were made (Gun Hazard) and the only thing Israel produces are planes and vehicles (FM2) if you read around the in-game web.
>>
>>21299358
That soon? I gotta get myself a switch, unless there's any hope these come out on Steam?
>>
>>21299758
IIRC I read somewhere it may release for Steam later.

Id bet it will take an year or two for that to happen.
>>
>>21299515
That's what everyone thought was going to happen with kid Marcos but he turned out to be a US shill anyway
>>
>>21299779
Yeah I figure it and Live A Live will both come to steam soon enough.
>>
>>21299779
>>21299804
Cool, thanks guys. Guess I can wait a bit then.
>>
>>21292321
>(although she gets done dirty)
How so? Never finished the Alisa Route btw and I don't even remember her showing up on Emma's.
>>
>>21299803
Can he suck Uncle Sam's shriveled cock enough so he can get those sweet sweet Lightning II's?
>>
Will the remake include all the side content related to the Huffman Conflict? Can't really be assed to hunt down the separate releases.
>>
>>21302187
Most likely gonna be a literal 1:1 remake with nothing but the graphics changed, for better or for worse. What side materials are there anyways? Only ever played FM3 and 4 though I look forwards to the remakes.
>>
>>21302425

>What side materials are there anyways?

Other than the 2089 duology, you have a manga (Front Mission Comics) and a novels (Front Mission – Front Line Report).
>>
>>21302463
There was also a live action from what I heard.
>>
Bump
>>
>>21306502
Why? It was dead
>>
>>21307113
Don't feel like making another thread when we're one day away from FM1 remake release.
>>
>>21307116
Oh right
>>
>>21307116
Fuck me I can't wait to be a useless shit all day and commit some war crimes!
>>
>>21290823
Sure it can, if you stop being a little bitch about it
>>
>>21307116
Wait it comes out tomorrow? Shit I don't want to stop playing Splatoon even if I really do want to play the remake.
>>
>>21307783
Yeah I feel the same. Balls deep in Xenoblade and I should really finish this before I buy a new RPG. But damn I wanna play robot shooty RPG.
>>
>>21299779
I'll emulate it until it comes out for pc and then buy a steam copy when that rolls around since I don't have a switch
>>
>>21309025
Might even look better emulating it depending on your specs.
>>
>>21309035
It all depends on the optimization, I have a decent graphics card and the new Pokémon game still can't hold stable 30 at native switch resolution. They really fucked up that game bad
>>
>>21307799
I'm lucky that I already finished Xenoblade but dammit Splatoon has a new season coming out tomorrow. Well, not like I have money to spare on more vidya right now anyways so I'll wait a bit to see what other people think of it.
>>
>>21309025
Don't remind me that I can't get a steamdeck. That thing would be so good for RPGs in bed.
>>
>>21309813
Would it? Thing looks heavy as constipated shit like a Game Gear. I wouldn't want it dropping on my face if I ever lose my grip of it.
>>
>>21310172
I don't think that's gonna be a problem. I lie on my side for the most part anyway.
>>
I'm playing FM3 and decided to actually have a rifle user this time (it's Kazuki, don't judge me) got any advice for building around this piece of shit
>>
>>21310200
Been forever since I played, but Reckson arms as the bare minimum.
>>
>>21310172
It makes the Game Gear look like the Switch, and the alternative is sitting upright so that when you drop it, you instead burn your crotch because the damn thing shits out heat like a motherfucker.
>>
>>21309025
That's been me with switch games so far.
>>
>>21310200
I didn't even know Kazuki could be used with anything but knuckles and shotguns. What wanzer are you using?
>>
anyone dropped the remastered soundtrack yet?
or an NSP
>>
>>21290094
>Front Mission but without the cool Wanzers
Look up some of the new wandering munition style drones that Turkey and Israel are putting out.
>>
>>21311278
But I WANT MECHS
>>
>>21298757
Nice blocktext that completely ignores that Russia, China and OPEC are shifting off the petrodollar.
>>
>>21290492
Dude Australia's population is like half Chinese by now
>>
>>21290658
The remakes really look awful. It's been 17 year since FM5 and this brand new remake looks worse than FM2. It looks like an indie mobile game with premade assets. And this is after the absolute garbage they spat out and called "Left Alive", as if it was a fetus they were unsuccessful in aborting. Why does this series get shit on so hard by its own creators?
>>
>>21311284
Could you avoid talking about real politics here, that’s why I wanted this thread to get archived in the first place?
>>
>>21311278
Robots are worthless if I can't pilot them
>>
>>21311295
Well that's the thing, it's a weird stylistic throwback to the original FM1, so when it looks like jank that's the devs being true to the spirit of the original in a weird artsy fartsy way.

2 Remake will look better only because it isn't trying to evoke the SNES sprite movement of 1/1st.
>>
So nobody here is playing the remake? I just see complaints how it looks.
>>
>>21311343
My only complain is the lack of voices. Makes the game a little bland. Come on, it`s 2022.
>>
>>21311359
FMRe sacrificed voice acting on the same altar that Tactics Ogre sacrificed the chance to overhaul its sprites into something decisively less garbage looking. Can't win them all, but I'd admittedly prefer voicework, I'm a major proponent of the "old games actually do get even better if you voice the dialog" position.
>>
>>21311343
It's weird and janky feeling and yet I've got a shit eating grin watching wanzers march in place waiting for me to order them to slowly stomp up and punch the fuck out of things.

I'd say it has a sort of slavjank style appeal: you can tell the devs were impoverished, but at the same time I'm not getting the sense they phoned in or were disinterested in making 1stRE, but that they respected the core game enough that they opted to limit the changes to a bunch of quality of life features that are isolated specifically to their own game mode, retaining the ability to experience FM1st more or less as it was intended if you so desire. The wanzers also feel a bit more detailed in the final game compared to the trailers.
>>
I was thinking I wouldn't play FM1re because Switch games are expensive as fuck but
>150 macaco dollars
>Average Switch game is usually 450
Guess I know where my next paycheck is going.
>>
>>21299634
Doesn't Africa get torn up in their proxy/brushfire conflicts where wanzers debut? I'd figure the middle east would either get caught up in spillover from North Africa and sunni /Shiite bickering
>>
>>21289617
Is it just me or is the RNG worse in the remake?
I don't remember it being this bad when I replayed the original last year
>>
>>21311278
This is stuff you can make at home, not the same thing
>>
I must ask: does Square Enix even remember all the novels and manga they did for Front Mission? I mean, Toshiro Tsuchida created the franchise as a multimedia franchise in the first place and I get why there's isn't much of a demand for them to brought to English-speaking countries (The Front Mission Series Translation Project was just Angelo Pineda/LegaiaRules and a few other fans; who were only a few out of the already-small Front Mission fan base outside Japan) and since Dog Life & Dog Style has legal French and Korean translations, what will it take to convince Square Enix to bring over all novels and manga to English-speaking countries?
>>
>>21312085
>does Square Enix even remember all the novels and manga they did for Front Mission
haha totally
>>
>>21312109

It's a pity if it is.
>>
>>21311299
>not wanting to talk about politics
>in a series that is deep into fantasy politics
Anon, I...
>>
How's the FM2 fan translation, never got around to playing it since I heard that a lot of the text got translated in a text file, but never inserted.

Is it serviceable or too much of a pain?
>>
>>21312291
I completed it without peeking into the separate file once, the plot is simple enough to get what you get in-game
>>
>>21312302
Cool, might give it a go one I wrap up FM1, thanks.
>>
What do you pair with a shottie - melee or MG?
>>
Played few stages of remake. It's kinda meh, hard to recommend.
Almost zero point playing classic mode, inclusion of it is kinda worthless, it hardly does anything outside of making game worse for not really good reasons.
Cursor snaps too hard to tiles, you can get used to it, but overall uncomfortable.
Not enough power behind weapons in general, explosions are very weak, especially in battle. Defeating enemy wanzer is really lame feeling.
Sometimes game is hard to read what is where.
Dunno if AI dumb here or in FM1 in general.
There is some love put into it in places, may even look nice at times, but overall it's really whatever. Already seen issues about game freezing, bad audio loop, etc.
Mech models look nice, but they look way too awkward at times. 3D transition didn't go too well.

The main problem I guess is that now I want just play original game instead of this one. Which is not the worst problem to have, but that isn't what remake should give you will to do.
>>
>>21312379
oh well

at least the remake of FM2 will be the first full translation it ever got
>>
>physical release confirmed
Man I got rused into buying it digitally.
>>
>>21312381
yea, I mean I do not feel like I got ripped off or something.
It's not THAT bad. But clearly very tight on a budget type oriented remake which is very rough around the edges and will need a lot of patches to get to more reasonable state.
I just wouldn't recommend it anyone, like I can recommend Tactics Ogre Reborn for example. Cause that one is amazing.

FM remake could be better if they tried to do 2D game with prerendered sprites, but that's a lost tech it seems. Pains of budget 3D transition of 2D game feel pretty sharp in places, despite overall what I can't complain is overall good job with assets. Even if wanzer looks extra awkward and jungle stage is meh, they did try quite well in some other places.
SFX and music got shafted tho heavily.
>>21312386
ye, waiting till game release to announce limited edition is fucking scummy as hell. But on the other hand, cartidge will need all the patches anyway so kinda whatever at this point.
>>
>>21312379
>Almost zero point playing classic mode, inclusion of it is kinda worthless, it hardly does anything outside of making game worse for not really good reasons

As someone who missed every opportunity to play 1 in an official capacity and got too lazy to look into emulating even 1st DS, I appreciate it. It's the worst way to experience it, the quality of life stuff that you sacrifice is pretty noticeable, yet it has a weird novelty to it all that has remained fresh for me for the time being.

The movement speed is scuffed though. I appreciate there's an option to adjust it, but the devs should've implemented a fast forward button rather than a single animation speed slider, I like how the Wanzers march around but sometimes I want to speed it up, but I want the control over when that speedup happens, yknow?

It's a weird fascinating experience that, yeah, it's hard to recommend, but for the narrow market it wants to target I'm thankful it happened and that this is just the beginning of the full effort to bring all the PS1 era mainline FM games to a modern system.
>>
>>21312416
>As someone who missed every opportunity to play 1 in an official capacity and got too lazy to look into emulating even 1st DS, I appreciate it. It's the worst way to experience it, the quality of life stuff that you sacrifice is pretty noticeable, yet it has a weird novelty to it all that has remained fresh for me for the time being.
It's hardly even play as original game at all.
Original game is quick and snappy, easier to control (A LOT EASIER) even shows you range of weapons during attack confirmation, so you can see what blocks things and what doesn't.
This classic mode has no reason to be at all, could just be setting for camera and how tile show up.
>The movement speed is scuffed though.
as much slowly walking wanzers are cute - it's way too slow for anyone to play game period. Original game was also quicker about it too.

Really would be better if they just emulated OG SNES or DS game inside this one than this worthless option.
>It's a weird fascinating experience that, yeah, it's hard to recommend, but for the narrow market it wants to target I'm thankful it happened and that this is just the beginning of the full effort to bring all the PS1 era mainline FM games to a modern system.
I mean it's better than it not existing period. But just really missed the mark in a lot of ways.
>>
>>21312367
Depends on the game.
>FM1
A flamer or machinegun if you have Switch. The latter is overkill on high levels.
>FM2
Shotguns? Miss me with that shit.
>FM3, FM4, FM5
Always melee, especially knuckles for better acc and less weight.
Melee puts you close enough to attack a target and assist link attacks to that one or another near your shotgun range. Also, melee is more reliable to do medium to high damage and a shotgun can take down near-breakdown parts especially if you unlock skills to chain both attacks in a turn.
>>
>>21311284
Any time someone says the word "petrodollar" in an internet argument I tend to write them off as a pseud who doesn't really know what they're talking about because odds are they massively overcomplicate why oil is traded in USD and go into conspiracy territory.
>>
>>21312085
I thank god for the niggas who did the translations of the manga and games.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.