[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ZakuTesttypes.png (1.33 MB, 1423x872)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
If you were to add, change, or remove something from a MS, what would you alter?

Mobile suits are walker infantry, but also tanks. To make them more tanky, I've been experimenting with my Zaku 2 Model;

RPG / Heat shell cages - Syrian War / Ukraine War / WW2
ERA plating - Modern RU stuff.
I also made embedded smoke launchers. Should I look into trying to make these add on armor things better or 'dont mess with whats perfect?'
>>
Tankfags should all die in a real war.
>>
>what if I made my mobile suit look ugly as shit by giving it a skin condition
>>
>>21274228
>cope cages on a zaku
loooooooool
>>
File: toppsquad_02.jpg (403 KB, 1600x1200)
403 KB
403 KB JPG
>>21274260
I think its valid since 2 of these guys got RPG'd
>>
>>21274228
/k/ brain rot is real
>>
>>21274228
>Modern
>RU
Pick one.
>>
>>21274385
lmao
>>
File: 20191015_045310.png (665 KB, 578x1200)
665 KB
665 KB PNG
>>21274260
Keep laughing, just 2 more weeks and the globohomo Earth Federation will collapse

Z
>>
File: supergavin8.jpg (394 KB, 1327x775)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
>>21274228
It's useless at the scales of size MS are operating and the weapons they go against (especially when beam weapons appear), and creates only additional logistics straining
If anything, MS should have active defense systems, they normally don't work on ranges where Minovsky particle magic would fuck with sensors anyway

>>21274260
He probably meant slat armor, which is useful against obsolete one-charge explosives
>>
>>21274228
>embedded smoke launchers
Also that one may be most useful one but again, at the same time MS would be otherwise seen, they could be picked out by radars, by sounds and by seismic activity
>>
>>21274228
instead of smoke launchers, maybe some sort of APS? Arena might be a good system to model it off of since the 08th MS Team zakus were shown using something similar as an anti-personnel weapon
i'd also change the machinegun, i vaguely remember the zaku's 120mm ammo types actually being pretty primitive.
>>
>>21274228
>If you were to add, change, or remove something from a MS
I would fix the zetas shield and get rid of destroy mode on the unicorn. Everything else is fine
>>
>>21274542
Odessa is a special military operation
>>
>>21274662
Smokes would block infrared + visual sight
Add on with Minovsky particles and you have your jamming.

Seismic sure, you cant block that.
>>
Since they usually fight in space and pilots rely on visual information to identify their targets I'd paint them all black.
>>
>>21277363
Enjoy your friendly fire
>>
>>21277363
Works for me in GBO2 when I exit MS to repair it, and since it's also powered off enemies don't see me popping up on radar
>>
>>21278271
If your suits are painted in black and the enemy isn't just don't have people shoot at empty space for no reason. If both sides are painted black then having occasional friendly fire is better than being clearly visible and firing at hard to see foes.
>>
>>21277363
Even black stands out against the darkness of space because all surfaces reflect sunlight, so this would be pointless, as the mech would be a shiny point of light at a distance and would still stand out against the background of space.
Maybe it'd work if you painted it with vantablack, but you're better off using cheaper colors and producing more mechs.
>>
>>21277363
There is no such thing as stealth in space, you can only pray that nobody happens to be looking in your direction because if they are, you will be seen
>>
Two eyes on a zaku.
I want to see the world burn with my own *two* eyes
>>
>>21274228
All that stuff is internalized by the structure of the armor plates.

It's fine to add little details of practicality to mecha, like the joint covers or cushioned feet in the Gundam Thunderbolt mobile suits, but excessive realism at the cost of aesthetics has no place in this particular fantastical sci-fi genre.
>>
File: 04-4.jpg (413 KB, 990x769)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
>>21274228
Specifically for Zeon MS?

Instead of creating Zaku II, I would modernize Zaku I, because they differ little in terms of tactical and technical characteristics, but MK I is more compact and flexible, and besides, it does not have idiotic hoses / cables vulnerable to any projectile or fragment. In addition, Zaku II had an extremely unfortunate arrangement of the shoulder shield, which, in fact, could not protect against anything.
>>
>>21282397
you realize it's those hoses that alleviated the zaku i's overheating problems right
>>
>>21280623
>darkness of space
>>21280626
>no such thing as stealth in space
Yeah but what if you're hiding in debris?
>>
>>21282405
even that wouldn't work
>>
File: 1503158415494.jpg (3.24 MB, 3617x5120)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB JPG
>>21282411
Hiding amongst debris can work with the help of Minovsky interference, as long as no one uses their thrusters.
>>
>>21282400
>overheating problems
There are also versions that these are electrical cables or hoses with some kind of machine fluid, but, in any case, this only proves the extremely unsuccessful design of Zaku II, because Dom, for example, did not have such a flaw.
>>
>>21282451
that's because they're fat
no really, the zaku i's overheating problems are due to those cables taking up a lot of the space in the internals
the zaku ii solves this by externalizing those cables
the dom solves this by creating more space
creating more space on the zaku i means fundamentally designing a different mobile suit, just creating a dom from an earlier point in mobile suit development
>>
File: ZudahF-BO2.png (164 KB, 750x799)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>21282512
In my opinion, it depends more on the developer's company. For example, the Zudah f, being a further reworking of the basic EMS-10 model, being a fairly powerful combat vehicle, dispenses with these extra hoses.
>>
>>21274228
For the Zaku, I'd swap the shoulders around because the shield should be facing the same direction as the gun is pointing, AKA towards the enemy, not away from them.
And get rid of the stupid head hoses that just connect back to themselves in a circle.
>>
>>21282526
NTA but the Zudah is a perfect argument against Zaku I modernization. Both are hoseless and both are failures; their problems are internal and they don't have the room for those problems to be meaningfully solved. The Zaku II solved the problems of the Zaku I with cables and bulk, the Gouf, Dom, Gyan, and Gelgoog then all went on to solve that problem as well via pure bulk.
>>
File: MS05L_-_HGDesignArt.jpg (1.39 MB, 2400x1550)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>21283237
>Zudah is a perfect argument against Zaku I
The only problem of the prototype was an extremely powerful and explosive engine, but on the Model F this problem was successfully solved without resorting to redesigning the design.

In addition, the modified Zaku I, in various versions, quite successfully fought during the War and even after it.
>>
>>21283237
>>21283477
Although newer or alternative engines were available, they kept the same one for newer Zudahs and unsurprisingly the problem never went away completely. While swapping out the engine is probably not a simple rebuild, it at least doesn't require redesigning the entire suit. The Zudah F actually doubles the number of faulty engines. It could be argued that it's less likely to destroy itself since it can run both engines at a lower output rating to achieve same or better performance, but it still seems sillier than say just adopting the completely safe engines that Zimmad used for the Rick Dom or other suits.

Zaku I is an example of a functional machine but its design didn't allow for much in the way of improvements unless they completely rebuilt the machine or if the modifications were external, because the internal structure left very little space for changes or improvements. It never had the expandibility or adaptability of other suits unless the upgrades were going to be entirely external (new gun and backpack in the case of the Zaku Sniper).
>>
>>21283518
neat, where'd you learn the Zudah F has dual shitty saturn engines?
>>
>>21274228
None of that shit is working on Tanks now.
>>
>>21283477
Extremely successful as a stationary turret, a not a MS. The sniper is a carrier for the rifle and backp which also rely on hoses.
>>
>>21274228
I would give the Zudah better proportioned feet and blockier legs in general
>>
>>21283966
Give it coolant tanks lol
>>
>>21274228
I’d make a gundam suit for janny purposes
>>
File: z3.png (1.62 MB, 1218x859)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>>21274228
I decided on what I think would look good on my Zaku 2 F1

Been working on it a lot

>>21274542
Thank you for the Z idea. Z for zeon. Fits perfect for my zaku thats gonna get ATGM'd

>>21274656
No it was cope cages. I thought it was funny since 2 Zakus get rpg'd in 8th MS
>>
File: z4.png (1.52 MB, 1210x845)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
>>
>>21296916
>No it was cope cages
based
>>
File: ncoyh8bph3k91.jpg (66 KB, 640x690)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>21274542
Damn, now thats cool. I wish Russia was into gundam so we can larp as Zeon.
Our soldiers already went into Ork/IoM larp (since ukranians call us orks since 2014 since we are not "pure-blooded" even tho most of their country was under us and nomads for centuries. The IoM is just plain larp since the system some-what fits)

Honestly Zeon suits should get way more custom aesthetics, be it prints or other thing. No doubt a soldier will treasure his Zaku II and try to make it more unique by painting it better.
>>
>>21297117
That reminds me, I have been thinking of trying to do a thread where we make up our own Zeon remnant groups and their lore (small ones, the ones that get hunted down by titans and stuff).
Just need to think of my own unit as an example I guess.
>>
>>21297117
Zeon would be more friendly to unique crew customization than the feds, especially after they started getting desperate
>>
>>21297117
ruzge not posting off-topic whining blogposting on the wrong board? challenge: impossible
>>
>>21297602
Truly, but its been like, 6 months since I did it last time,so give me a break.
Im mostly sad that Gundam isnt big here. So much opportunity lost.
Hopefully Witch from Mercury can get the Russian anime community into Gundam, that is my main wish.
>>
>>21297610
And yes, I am indeed praying for Witch from mercury's success unironically to make Gundam a big thing in Russia (and most of the ex-soviet community since its still interconnected)
>>
>>21297610
>>21297613
don't russians hate homos
>>
>>21297619
A majority dont care about them as long as they dont "propogandize" (aka show it in public). Some want them gone fully.

However the youth (who are anti-establishment and pro-trump) do gay memes "ironically" all the time.

Billy Herrington paved a path fot G-Witch's success in Russia. Cant wait for a Gachimuchi remix og the OP.

Also the Muslims might even be ok with it since its girls-on-girls and not men doing it, but the chance is slim.
>>
>>21297630
there's some people i know who do meme edits for commissions, maybe i'll scrounge up some money and ask for a gachi remix
>>
>>21297630
>However the youth (who are anti-establishment and pro-trump) do gay memes "ironically" all the time.

Also, that doesnt mean they support inclusion and wokeness stuff.
Most of the young people in Russia get their media about the US from the American right wing internet (they dont really watch state media), so they hate pride parades and the likes.
Only "liberals" like them, but everyone hates liberals in Russia. They are even more hated than the government beuracracy.
>>
File: zaku I sniper.jpg (79 KB, 1024x768)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Anyway, moving on from this tangent.
As one poster above me says, I also wish that Zaku I was used more throughout the one year war. Frankly its a very good design in its own right, and I wish they used them as specialized units more.
>>
File: Gerbera-tetra.jpg (154 KB, 1000x873)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
Also, Gerbera-Tetra should have had a Horn on the top of its head instead of having an antenna to its side.
>>
File: fb42afe163.png (360 KB, 750x800)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
>>21297645
the S-type zaku i with double shoulder pauldrons is pretty neat
i'd use it in GBO2 but the playstyle for it is pretty boring
>>
>>21297662
Damn, that is indeed some good stuff.
>>
File: products03_00.jpg (89 KB, 888x545)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>21297645
BIG GUN operators should all have been Zaku 1s

It makes sense to use a older suit as a rear echelon
>>
File: zakus.png (705 KB, 800x600)
705 KB
705 KB PNG
>>21297645
does the zaku 1 have a better chest plate or does the zaku 2. They should have standardized them
>>
>>21297830
Those are Origin designs so who knows.
Ontopic I've always found kinda weird that Zaku IIs have the big rectangular shield on their right shoulder when they hold their guns in right hands. I'd think that turning the shield towards your target and shooting from behind it kinda would work better. Basically how any federation suit would shoot two-handedly with a shield in their forearm
>>
Don't the cuckcages and reactive armor get rendered invalid by the big bullets, melee weapons, and beam weaponry?
>>
File: file.png (355 KB, 611x799)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
Personally I would add camo paint.
>>
>>21297925
it's probably a pre-GM era zaku where most of the pilot's problems are going to be AT infantry and tanks
>>
Also how do you get in and out of the Zaku with the cages and rash in the way?
>>
>>21297905
ever since that was mentioned I can't understand it either. Perhaps its more that Zakus are geared towards CQC, so you run towards the gundam with spikes ready?

(and then die because its a gundam)
>>
File: gouf.png (2.62 MB, 1600x1200)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB PNG
>>21297937
the entire hatch lifts up. Not just a Gouf thing, some Zaku do it
>>
>>21282526
Yes, the Zudah...the Mobile Suit best known for being a hyper-expensive manual-control Missile that explodes on contact with any surface.
>>
>>21283530
https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/EMS-10F_Zudah_F

It doesn't have Double Saturn Engines, just one, but with a Limiter that isn't a faulty piece of shit. The issue still stands that the Zudah was extremely expensive to produce for a Mobile suit that dies if a single bullet so much as grazes it.
>>
>>21282397

The ZMG allows for ambidextrous use. The forward grip can pivot. Zakus nor gundams are designed to be only right handed, its just how the animators did it since 80% of the world is right handed.

The zaku shoulder shield had a use and was effective before beam weapons came around. At that point, why put armor on anything?
>>
>>21297960
In the case of some Zakus, the chest armor plate lowers down to form a platform that can be stepped on, though.
>>
>>21298851
modular zaku cockpit, who knows how they work.

They open upwards, downwards, two part, hatch door. They fold, they flap, they winch.
>>
>>21283581
It used to, and theoretically it was a good idea early into the current topical war as the Ukes were assumed to be using mostly Soviet era equipment. This was before NATO decided to dump all of their surplus shit on top of them. You see these cages and similar ideas used on other tanks around the world where outdated systems are still used as they work in those scenarios. I would like to see see a Gundam equivalent of these though since they visually look cool. The Zaku II F2 has an optional head option sorta like this , it would be cool to get a full Zaku like that
>>
>>21299785
>The Zaku II F2 has an optional head option sorta like this , it would be cool to get a full Zaku like that
cope cages over the cockpit hatches
reactive armor stuff over the rest of the chest
anti-personel/active protection grenade launchers on top of the chest on each side of the head
zimmerit on the feet and legs cause why not
>>
>>21299796
replace head with tiger turret
>>
File: file.png (749 KB, 500x705)
749 KB
749 KB PNG
>>21299796
fuck that looks awesome
https://www.zimmerit.moe/gundam-kazuhisa-kondo-revival-of-zeon/
>>
>>21300113
Kampfer is the panther of Zeon MS anyways. Fits great
>>
>>21299735
This just reminded me of all the headshot bitching about Gundam Evo, saying the crits should be where the cockpits are meanwhile I'm just thinking most of these suits don't even have a consistent cockpit location in universe.
>>
>>21274228
>cope cage
lol

The ERA doesnt look awful, should be a bit bigger thoughever
>>
File: soviet tieren.png (1.27 MB, 900x900)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
>>21274542
Ik this is shitpost but Gunpla and mobile suits painted with IRL military Livery always looked cool to me, wish it was done more (not counting zakus/geara zulus with wehrmacht logos, that's low hanging fruit)
>>
>>21300237
the panther has shit armor?
>>
>>21300386
Yeah thats a great idea, make the crit spot the chest whos hitbox is covered by the arms. Bet that will be easy to achieve. People are dumb

the MS head is a fine crit point.
>>
>>21274228
>If you were to add, change, or remove something from a MS, what would you alter?
Shit opinion but...
Change the colors between MS, how am I supposed to tell two GM or Zaku models apart when they use the same fucking colors between models, now I just look for what surrounding or added to the MS to tell them apart but when I first started getting into Gundam that was a big filter I had to overcome which was pure bullshit
>>
>>21300517
shouldn't crit spots be hard to hit
>>
>>21300524
the head is hard to hit. Center chest when theres arms infront of it would make it impossible
>>
File: amiretarded.png (1.03 MB, 1080x1059)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>21274542
Russian reached out to me concerning Invasion Z on the MS

Am i retarded for this. Is this just a shaking to wake me up from being stupid
>>
>>21274233
>>21274273
t.Retards
>>
File: image00108.jpg (221 KB, 1280x1848)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>21301335
just say it's tradition to put random war decals on robots
>>
>>21274228
Junos what the fuck
>>
File: specialforces.jpg (106 KB, 750x600)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>21275369
Here are zeon's brave pilots
>>
>>21303103
accurate
>>
>>21301335
guy sounds like a fag, but you are the biggest fag for listening to him and posting this here. He is either not Russian or a liberal which are the biggest retards of Russian politics (essentially all liberal parties are either led by "former" neofashes like navalny or the local equivalent of EU neolibs). The only actual opposition to the ruling establishment there is the KPRF which is a fragmented factionalist mess still butthurt from the failure of the 91 and 93 coups

As for the topic of the thread, tactical ID marks along the style of ZVO and v^>< would be commonplace, but field modifications such as custom paintjobs, add-on armour etc wouldnt be feasible because of the huge size of MS, with them usually being 17-18 meters tall meaning that you would need huge amounts of whatever trash you want on there. Plus, pre GM if there were any fed weapons posing a consistent threat to the Zaku 2 then the production line would just crank out a new model with improved armour and upgrade kits for zakus in the field, post GM beam weaponry is just too broken for any conventional armour to stop so add-ons would be completely pointless in-universe
>>
>>21304954
Well I didnt listen to him as im keeping the war paint on it. If i was being wrong then I wanted to know
>>
File: Time for war.jpg (342 KB, 1536x2048)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>>21274228
Hope I don't offend anyone but I'd give FC Gundams military weapons.
>>
>>21304954
Zaku F2s were field mods for more armor before they started making new ones
>>
>>21305394
it's absolutely not wrong to put the Z on your model if that's what you want to do
this guy telling you making a model is akin to supporting genocide is a social-media-addicted faggot
>>
>>21274228
id remove the goufs finger cannon missiles they look dumb

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.