[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

A multiverse of accursed Power Rangers and Godzillas Edition
>NEW: Dino Fury S2
On Netflix now (in USA, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, or with VPN)

or here:
https://dexuploads.blogspot.com/2022/03/the-tv-show-dino-fury-season-2-episodes.html

https://pastebin.com/Bp1M1Hf2
https://www.base64decode.org/
KRS -> mega

>Dino Fury S1
https://mega.nz/folder/cbomzb6B#sO0-2i4X8STxqskoKZg67w

>Cosmic Fury officially revealed
https://twitter.com/HasbroPulse/status/1563768340174209024

>Official YouTube Channels
https://www.youtube.com/c/PowerRangersOfficial/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbIm2iqwql8bFqkO2bHv7Mw/videos

>Comics
https://www.mediafire.com/?w806xqswst6v8
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-uXKBhNeSFJU0tHRWEtb2stUkk?usp=sharing

>Coming Soon:
Second half of Season 2 releases on Netflix on September 29

Current comics being released/coming
>MMPR
>MMPR/TMNT 2

>#100‘s artist line up revealed
https://comicbook.com/powerrangers/news/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-celebrates-issue-100-ryan-parrott-final-issue-all-star-creative-team/

>Post #100 Creative Team revealed
https://www.boom-studios.com/archives/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-101-announcement/

>MMPR/TMNT 2 announced
https://www.boom-studios.com/archives/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-ii-announcement/

Ninja Storm fully uploaded to YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbt09tWqepBRdw3KFzTH3ovtwq9gz0dLM
SPD being currently uploaded to YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbt09tWqepBR9RcNQB10Wz2mSLLMsuCNk
Jungle Fury 24/7 Stream
https://youtu.be/wV1yDoiYl3Y

Previous
>>21128420
>>
>>21147066
It's weird that a fucking Godzilla crossover had the most Scorpina we've ever gotten.
>>
>>21147406
What about the fact that they left her on Drakkon's Earth and she conquered it after the Rangers left

And then for some reason she agreed to make peace with Ranger Slayer and the Coinless and install Kim as puppet Ruler of the world
>>
File: lesbians? in my park?.jpg (79 KB, 1174x1000)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>21147066
Dino Fury 17 now in the Mega link.
>>
>>21147487
This one was the western writer hired from twitter special. "Reveal your secret identity or I'm breaking up with you" drama that every supe show must have. It was not handled bad, Fern was only unreasonable for half the episode, the ending was fine. It also must have had twice the budget of 16, like they knew 16 was not worth a penny more.
>>
>>21147557
I like Dino Fury but the secret identity rule does feel like one of the flimsier uses in the franchise. Not helped by the side-characters and family getting involved anyway.
>>
File: 1661224963495.png (2.69 MB, 1920x1081)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB PNG
I shouldn't care but there's only the three part finale left and they still haven't used this fight.

They even used the Tyrramigo footage before it.
>>
>>21147641
And we're probably not getting brown ranger either.
>>
>>21147679
Ryusoul Brown footage I expected, given that the most likely candidate is Tarrick and the whacky fight doesn't fit him
That and also Void King uses the Pricious suite.

Though from the sounds of it there might be a chance of new footage. Or maybe they'll just go back to Gaisoulg
>>
Can we guess what the 3 megazord fights for the 3 final eps will be? Something, Wreckmate and Eras? Is there are 3rd one they haven't used at this point?
>>
>>21147849
Synopsis indicate that Wreckmate is episode 21 while the Eras battle will be in episode 22.

The only unused Zord fight left if I remwmber right is against the Water Tower Monster
>>
>>21147912
>The only unused Zord fight left if I remwmber right is against the Water Tower Monster
That wasn't a zord fight. But I don't remember the episode enough to tell if it would fit 20's description.
>>
>>21147927
It started off as one, but Gold and Red finish it off with just the Ryusoul Calibur in it's debue.

It's the only Minosaur Zord fight left, the christmas episode had Gachireus as the Zord fight.
>>
>>21147457
>And then for some reason she agreed to make peace with Ranger Slayer and the Coinless and install Kim as puppet Ruler of the world
It could've all worked out if she eventually fucked off back to the main universe....until she was given a redemption arc in Drakkon's New Dawn
>>
>>21147991
We will either see every single one of the bad guy suits or all but the purple banana looking one then.
>>
You can just feel the regret
>>
>>21148007
Did he not realize that the PR fandom on twitter is not comprised of normal functioning humans. They are on twitter and discussing PR daily. He had a problem using twitter as a chat box (You)ing every single crazy person, instead of keeping it to just the production facts.
>>
Izzy needs more focus episodes
>>
>>21148024
Why? This one was good, she had progression. The others need arcs.
>>
>>21148024
She's gonna be shilled hard in next year's event assuming it's multiverse shenanigans ain't she?
>>
>>21147487
Is that Chunk Yogurt from TYT in the background.
>>
>>21148035
Others don't matter because Izzy is tommy of df
>>
>>21148050
based she's hot
>>
>>21148014
To be fair a lot of people are naive and tried to communicate with fans hoping that it will be a neat experience.
>>
>>21147557
Great, we have Twitter writing the show now?
>>
>>21148108
Exactly as you'd expect from a dude in his 50s. He has thin skin and doesn't know how to use twitter the perfect combo. If he replies to every troll in the DinoFury hashtag it will suck for him but that's twitter.
>>
>>21148110
I will say again, the episode wasn't bad, it's tropey put there's no glaring writing issues. The problem is that the writers only care about Izzy and phone in every other character. Her being a lesbian isn't to the detriment of other characters as it tends to be, everyone gets a focus episode in rotation, but the writers must personally find everyone else too boring to write something good.
>>
>>21148108
>>21148121
Twitter fandoms are bizzare if you're not desensetized to it.
>>
>>21148108
Sloan, Kalish...it's like poetry.
>>
>>21148108
>>21148324
Sounds like a lot of PR showrunners are lonely and just wanna chat, forgetting that most PR fans are low-functioning manchildren.
>>
>>21148337
You think Chip told Bennett "Do not talk to these people under any circumstances"?
>>
>>21148413
The problem is you have to communicate with the PR community in some capacity, or else you end up like Tzachor and hide in seclusion. Guzelian had the right idea of just doing a couple interviews and moving on.
>>
>>21148413
He clearly didn't.
>>
>>21148413
Probably not, given that he keeps doing it.

Also, just to bring this thread up to speed, I think people kept asking him for more unmorphed fights in Cosmic Fury given Dino Fury is lacking in that regard, of which he chimed in to say "Filming civilian fights has a negative effect on the show, and in many cases isn't worth it." and can only happen if the story calls for it.

The gist is, since the show films with 2 units concurrently, with "2nd Unit" being the stunt stuff and main being all the act-y stuff, bringing the main actors to do 2nd Unit stuff means there's nothing concurrent being done on main, episode takes longer to produce, and it's eaten as a time/money cost.

The Ben and Betty scenes in Beast Morphers turns out allowed for more civilian fights with the main cast.
>>
Why don't they do behind the scenes videos showing how the production works and the thought process behind the seasons? Then they can let the producers and writers have their say without them needing to directly engage with the fans.
>>
>>21148324
>Sloan
>quitting PR after just 2 years but still working at Disney
How much did the fans break him?
>>
>>21148427
This thread has lead me to believe that he then proceeded to sincerely respond to every single reply he got, including to the bitcoin bot. Would that be accurate?
>>
>>21148437
Not every, but a surprisingly decent amount.

If you @ him with a question that's not "Kyuranger or Kiramager?", there's a non-zero chance he'll actually give you an answer, which is why people keep asking him questions, including "Kyuranger or Kiramager?".
>>
>>21148447
Every reply on twitter is 1 day off your life. I'd rather not do that to him, he's already overdosing.
>>
>>21148459
I don't think he minds all that much. If it annoyed him, he would've stopped replying or left Twitter a long time ago.
>>
>>21148413
I wonder if Chip ever talked to Kyle or Ryan at Morphicon exchanging conversations over what's it like engaging with adult fans of two different mediums
>>
>>21148413
Didn't Chip rarely comment on RangerCrew too?
Still, he wasn't as chatty as Pookie.
>>
As a kid I thought Zoe was dumb and I liked Turbo.

What are some unpopular PR opinions you have?
>>
>>21146958
>I'm not seeing the problem. There's no reason the Eltarans couldn't have commissioned the dino coins from Ninjor because they heard of his expertise in making Power Coins, before events lead to them getting left in the desert where Zordon obtained them.
>And doesn't it make more sense that Ninjor would make the Dino Coins first, before eventually moving on to the more "refined" Ninja coins?

The question is why would Eltarans do that when they are capable of making Morphers themselves? Eltar even has access to the Zeo Crystal.

>Also this is just conjecture, but I've always assumed the weapons came with the powers, but the zords were made in conjunction with the powers. I can't remember if the process was actually elaborated on, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Agreed. But I also thought the Zords were powered by the same energy source as the Ranger team. It's why Turbo Rangers can't use Zeo Zords. Or why Zeo Rangers can't use Ninja Zords. Different power source = different Zord. No mixing and matching.
>>
>>21148482
>The SPD suits are all too similar and the cast was kinda ugly
>>
>>21148495
>Agreed. But I also thought the Zords were powered by the same energy source as the Ranger team. It's why Turbo Rangers can't use Zeo Zords. Or why Zeo Rangers can't use Ninja Zords. Different power source = different Zord. No mixing and matching.
What about Titanus?
Also I feel like we heard something about the Once A Ranger team using the Overdrive zords
>>
>>21148482
PR should never attempt to make a season without using any Sentai material (again). Even if they get a full budget making some use of already existing stuff could free up money for say a better writer. Original suits or suits from Japan, it's the same, it's the story and worldbuilding that matters.
>>
>>21148514
>free up money for say a better writer.
That's not how that works. Where are you getting the idea that bigger budget = better writers?
>>
>>21148500
Isn't Titanus technically alive? It wanders around and does whatever it wants when not in battle. It doesn't need a power source.
>>
>>21148514
Not only is that not how budget works, but aside from them not really liking being beheld to Sentai material Sentai itself is getting less and less PR friendly these days and trying to write a PR season around something like Zenkaiger for example would be a hard sell. And they don't get the suits from Japan anymore regardless, since Japan actually reuses them very often now. They have to make replicas of them anyway.
>>
>>21148536
The lack of budget means that PR has extremely little in its disposal for the writers to make a deeper plot. Just like they hire people with the bare minimum ability to act they hire people with the bare minimum ability to write, they know they won't need someone who will blow the bank trying to make plot happen.
>>
>>21148553
The "writing" on the show is not because the writers are bad, the writing is the way it is because of the controlling executives having certain ideas for how this show should run. It isn't a budget thing.
>>
>>21148500
>What about Titanus?
Titanus, the Ninja Zords, and presumably the Shogun Zords were all made by Ninjor.
>>
>>21148664
This. PR is a toy show. Writers on toy shows, especially ones as toyetic as PR, will always have very little creative freedom.
>>
>>21148664
There's a lot of that too. But when you have one character say "magic charms aren't real" in a universe who had a witch as the first villain it's made obvious how much the writers don't know what they are doing.
>>
>>21148680
>But when you have one character say "magic charms aren't real" in a universe who had a witch as the first villain
https://youtu.be/qSjQ9z_7hS0?t=473
I just assume the lady who said that was also a villain keeping up the ruse.
>>
>>21148683
No it was Ollie from yesterday's episode. He spent a good 7 minutes being snarky, telling people wish charms aren't a real thing, they are against science . I mentioned it because it's so recent. And of course they were real, there's magic everywhere in Dino Fury. Why write him that way.
>>
>>21148709
That's just the writers being retarded. Like in Time Force when none of the Rangers believed Wes when he said he got attacked by a knight.
>>
I found out they're done with Nick. Are they going back to 40ish episode seasons again after this?
>>
>>21148709
I think it was more that non-alien charms aren't a real thing.

I do think it was a missed world building opportunity to throw out a line diring the series, that indicates where normal people in the PR universe draw the line between science beyond their understanding and magic. In the same way it turned out the Giant Squid and the Platypus did exist, uninvolved people in this universe might view creatures like the demons of Lightspeed Rescue as extra dimensional aliens rather than magical beings.

Magic exists anyway in the PR universe but most characters might not be aware of what they don't encounter.

It wasn't 7 minutes either. I understand why it rubs people the wrong way but some fans take every snarky line Ollie says way too seriously.
At the end of the day
>Hey kids, believe every esoteric, mystical theory that you hear
Isn't the kind of moral that'll go over well
>>
>>21148713
It'd take 2 brain cells to realise that your nerd ranger not believing in magic half way onto season 2 doesn't make any sense. Which brings me back to my point, a writer who phones in dialogue is fast and affordable, a writer who knows all the lore will want to negotiate for more. Regardless of whether they can actually deliver, when you don't have the money you are stuck with the basic option.
>>
>>21148730
I highly doubt it since if they're done with Nick, they're probably never going back to network tv ever again which means streaming only and they like to have things released in small bunches on streaming. And that's assuming there even is anymore, I know cancellation has been a meme for years but it really sounds like they had no idea if Cosmic Fury would even be a thing when they started planning for it so it will probably be touch and go from now on. And if they have that little faith in the franchise they're probably not gonna ok large episode orders
>>
>>21148745
I know it is a small thing, but it was deliberate and very recent in my memory. It wasn't only his mom that said it which would have maybe worked in universe and delivered the same message, that normal people don't believe in magic and neither should the audience.
>>
>>21148747
>a writer who knows all the lore will want to negotiate for more
Says who? Expensive writers don't cost more because they know the lore or the worldbuilding of the show they're asked to work on, but because they have a good resume full of other shows. Nobody's getting a screenwriting job just because they have intricate knowledge of PR lore, no matter the pay scale.
>>
>>21148753
>they're probably never going back to network tv ever again
Yeah, what channel would even want them these days?
>>
>>21148747
>a writer who knows all the lore will want to negotiate for more
lol that's really not how it works, and beyond that Bennett credits Becca and Alwyn for their knowledge of PR lore

Also, why would Ollie believe that some random salesperson at a park was selling magic wish granting charms, I don't like Ollie, but he was completely justified to doubt that.
>>
>>21148747
Why would a writer who knows all the lore have any leverage to ask for more money? They're not there to make sense of PR continuity. They're there to sell toys.
>>
>>21148816
Zero, mostly because very few channels show children's programming in general anymore and the ones that do are animation based. Their options are basically Nick which is done with them, Disney which didn't want them even when they didn't have to pay extra for it, and Cartoon Network which does not touch live action shows after the disaster when they tried and are too busy showing Teen Titans Go all day regardless, they won't even air action cartoons let alone action live action.

Hasbro doesn't have their own network anymore either and I wouldn't expect them to try another given how the HUB didn't work out so well. There's a few obscure channels that show foreign movies and often run Japanese Kaiju films but I doubt they'd want PR, if anything they'd want Sentai and probably wouldn't want either.
>>
>>21148889
>There's a few obscure channels that show foreign movies and often run Japanese Kaiju films but I doubt they'd want PR, if anything they'd want Sentai and probably wouldn't want either.
El Rey would have had some fucking great promos for sentai
>>
File: emma.jpg (220 KB, 1894x1316)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
Actually impressed at Ciara Hanna's backwards overhead kick in this clip. Also JESUS Emma's hammies. https://twitter.com/PowerRangersDay/status/1572329756116148224?s=20&t=iT4s5aB0dEK_ST8cXghLLg
>>
>>21148905
Oh, the pictures of Emma I could post if this wasn't a blue board...
>>
>>21148482
I don't really care for out of suit fights. I'm watching for the morphed scenes.
>>
>>
>>21148946
inb4 DexStewart13 is actually TJ Roberts.
>>
>>21148950
Coincidentally, TJ never had any fight scenes in Masked Rider despite being a martial artist.
>>
>>21148482
I prefer Lost Galaxy over In Space. I appreciate In Space to death, but LG is just a stronger series with more fully realized villains, better editing, and better action.
Also SPD was crap.
>>
>>21148905
Megaforce had such great plots and storylines if you know what I mean.
>>
>>21148514
I don’t think you understand how restrictive footage using is.
Making a series without any used footage will open up the writing possibilities way further.
>>
>>21148927
>Oh, the pictures of Emma I could post if this wasn't a blue board...
Keep them coming. Bring it to very limit anon.
>>
File: BJFD6vgCQAM29kL.png (157 KB, 490x676)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>
>>21148482
In Space will always be my favorite childhood season, but it's not without its flaws. Andros and Zhane are the only rangers with any personality. The Turbo alumni waiting until half the season was over before remembering to contact Justin and tell them they were alive was stupid. The season arc to find Zordon doesn't amount to much since Astronema just brings Zordon to Earth's orbit anyway, and Andros never shared any screentime with him until his death scene. Dark Specter's a shitty overarching villain with his Cookie Monster voice and the way he waves his arms like dolphin flippers. Darkonda should have died a few deaths earlier and then Astronema could've killed Specter since that subplot in the Psycho Rangers arc about siphoning his power never went anywhere. The Turbo rangers never get their grudge match against Divatox, and she's defeated galaxies away from them.
>>
>>21148495
>Agreed. But I also thought the Zords were powered by the same energy source as the Ranger team. It's why Turbo Rangers can't use Zeo Zords. Or why Zeo Rangers can't use Ninja Zords. Different power source = different Zord. No mixing and matching.

Yeah, that seems about right, with a few exceptions like >>21148500
There's probably some way to key different powers to different zords if the situation calls for it.
>>
>>21149057
I don't like how they set up the idea that Zordon is being passed around among the old villains in order to make it harder for the Rangers to find him, but all it amounts to is seeing Divatox once or twice. There should've been a couple episodes where the Rangers went up against the Machines and Zedd & Rita, too.
>>
>>21149057
I rewatched In Space a year ago, and while I really like the space opera angle it introduced, it’s definitely a bit harder to watch than anyone admits.

Tankenstein alone was a really bizarre decision. The show is also filled with good ideas that never get realized. Also, using Elgar instead of any other previous lackey was just awful.
>>
>>21149057
>Andros and Zhane are the only rangers with any personality.
PR was never known for its deep characterization, but seasons like Time Force at least give the rangers one trait each. Trip's the nerd. Katie's the nice tomboy. Lucas is the chad. Jen's the tough as nails leader. Eric's the dick who's still a good guy. While I don't know what Carlos' trait was, or Cassie's. I think they tried to make Ashley Andros' girlfriend, but that never went anywhere.

And while Andros was cool as a kid, CKL can't act for shit when watching him with adult eyes. Selwyn Ward and Danny Slavin had more range than he could pull off, and neither of them were good actors either.
>>
>>21148833
>Also, why would Ollie believe that some random salesperson at a park was selling magic wish granting charms, I don't like Ollie, but he was completely justified to doubt that.
He doesn't say "i don't believe you sell real wish charms" he says "wish charms are against science and can't ever be real". And he is proven wrong a minute later. He had reason to doubt these wish charms but not the concept of wish charms after seeing so much magic as a ranger.
>>
>>21147912
>>21147991
Turns out 20 is exactly the Sentai episode fight scene.
>>
>>21149434
Figured.

But that means if >>21147641isn't in the next episode, then my favourite Ryusoulger fight will be the only usable footage DF didn't use.

I wouldn't care so much if they hadn't found a way to use the Tyramiggo fight I'd written off.
>>
>>21149520
Seems unlikely yeah. 21 will be the Gachireus zord fight that's left from that Christmas episode and then the rest will be Ep46 without the brown stuff and Wizeru is in those scenes. And 22 looks like will be beat for beat the last half of 47 and most of 48.
>>
My favorite character makes a cameo in 20. Sporting Gear
>>
>>21149605
From the trailer it doesn't look like they're using Eras's sealed form for Void Queen's cacoon thing so they'll probably avoid those shots. The underground fight with Pricious could pass for the underground bunker though.

I'm starting to think Slyther and Mucus might stick around as Generals for Cosmic Fury, they're not really being positioned to reform but there's been no mention of how Mucus could be forced back to Sporix form.
>>
>>21148946
>Filming civilian fights has a negative effect on the show?.

WTF is this nonsense??? This guy hates making the Rangers fight outside of being morphed? Am I reading this right? Can we bring back the Saban 1990s production crew where they didn't bitch about shooting all those unmorphed Putty steer fights?
>>
>>21149082
In Space had the lowest budget out of all the previous Power Ranger Seasons. They thought they were gonna get cancelled, and had to use pre-existing costumes and sets as much as possible.
>>
>>21149846
No what he said was that they film ranger fights and civilian plot scenes at the same time for cost reduction. So fights with civilian rangers would require more days of filming and thus would cost more.
>>
>>21149846
Dude you sound exactly like the Twitter mob that drove Bennett out of the conversation again, stop being sensationalist, use your eyes to read, and your brain to think.

It's not that he "hates" unmorphed fights, and you're silly for thinking that's why they would do less of it. It's spelled out in that pic and also in other posts in this thread, but I will also spoonfeed you.

He also said they'll happen if it's relevant to the story, hence the unmorphed fight at the finale of S1 when they lost their powers.
>>
>>21149082
>Tankenstein alone was a really bizarre decision.

The decision was they wanted to use Megaranger's final Zord battle because it was the most intense of the show and also destroyed Mega Voyager (explaining why they don't pull it out in the finale when they could really use it) but that monster had no ground fight footage since it was the final form of the human (and thus very Japanese looking) Big Bad so they had little to work with and since the budget needed to be saved for the actual finale the best they could manage was an evil hummer.
>>
>>21149082
>Also, using Elgar instead of any other previous lackey was just awful.
Well, to be fair it was probably the only option.
Porto's costume seemed hard to work with (inflatable that usually had to be patched). Rygog was the right hand of Divatox so probably they didn't want to bother giving a good excuse to move with Astronema.
General Havoc could have been a good addition, considering he was more serious and successful than Divatox in Turbo, but who knows, maybe that seriousness was enough with the rest and they just needed the comic relief.
>>
File: furio-prlg.png (1.15 MB, 775x633)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>21149082
>>21149990
>Also, using Elgar instead of any other previous lackey was just awful.
Honestly, what they probably should've done was use Furio instead of saving him for Lost Galaxy. Then they could've either killed him off once Ecliptor and later Darkonda showed up, or keep him around all season like they did with Elgar.
>>
>>21149990
Elgar's suit was the only one that was still in relatively excellent condition which is why they picked him. Goldar and Rito's suits were barely holding together by Zeo and had to constantly be repaired which is why they barely showed up in Space.
>>
>>21149869
Different anon here. This doesn't make any sense with the available information he is saying. Cost is based several factors including timing, permits, location availability, actor availability, which scenes they are shooting that day, equipment availability, 2nd unit availability, etc. At the very least, more information needs to be disclosed before just making blanket statements like saying civilian fights would cost more.
>>
>>21150243
I said nothing he did. Look at pic >>21149873.
>>
>>21148946
I've been following this guy's Tweets and he doesn't seem like he enjoys working on Power Rangers in the slightest and is only doing it for the paycheck. There is no joy or happiness in his posts about his PR work.

Double checking his precious work history, it seems like he was struggling for film work before Power Rangers came to New Zealand for shooting. And he was very lucky to land a steady job with Power Rangers.
>>
>>21150272
>Double checking his precious work history, it seems like he was struggling for film work before Power Rangers came to New Zealand for shooting. And he was very lucky to land a steady job with Power Rangers.
What are you saying lol
He was a New Zealand TV director for decades before he got hired onto PR.
>>
Jesus everyone here is so fucking stupid
>>21150243
>saying civilian fights would cost more
Yes, they would cost more.
Any action show/film has multiple units simultaneously: a main unit that is doing talking head scenes, and second units doing action work. You do this in this way because, for the majority of these productions, the actors don't overlap. And when they do, you schedule shooting to be the most efficient. Time=money. An actor can't be on two shoots at the same time. So if you have a scene where Zayto has to talk to Solon, and then a scene where Zayto (unmorphed) is fighting the MOTW — you would have to film these on two different days. Which means, if you have nothing else for the other unit to do, you are not being efficient!
>>
>>21150288
Being in the industry and getting consistent work and pay as a Director are two different things. He was only getting about 1 to 3 episodes of Directing work each year during the 2010s. That's not very much pay for 12 months of work. He had several years where he directed nothing, and had to do other things.

Power Rangers is the most episodes he's ever directed in his entire life according to his resume.
>>
>>21150272
It's a "someone has to do it" job, directing PR. He's a normal person and no normal person would find joy in it.
>>
>>21150291
>Yes, they would cost more.
Blanket statements are wrong. The real answer is that it depends on various factors. Sometimes it cost more. Sometimes it costs less. Based on the info provided, its hard to definitely say civilian fights would always cost more to film in this situation.
>>
>>21150308
Isn't that when he was working in theatre? He moved over to tv more recently.

>>21150272
I wouldn't think he'd be so keen to talk about it of he didn't take some pride in it.
>>
>>21150311
>It's a "someone has to do it" job, directing PR. He's a normal person and no normal person would find joy in it.
This. This anon nailed it. If Simon had the chance to direct big budget Hollywood movies he would definitely be doing that instead. Power Rangers is the biggest franchise he could get and be Director.
>>
>>21150315
It costs whatever EntertainmentOne and Hasbro's bookeepers and accountants says it will.
>>
>>21150315
He describes exactly when it costs more. When the dudes in the spandex have nothing to do. And the dudes in the spandex must have something to do at all times because they won't be able to film enough material if they sit out even for a day.
>>
>>21150315
>Based on the info provided, its hard to definitely say civilian fights would always cost more to film in this situation.
Good fucking lord, either you idiots don't know how to read or are being obtuse on purpose.
>>
>>21150319
Sometimes people use social media just to avoid being bored. For example, not everyone who posts here is a happy well adjusted person.
>>
>>21150348
>Sometimes people use social media just to avoid being bored.
Yet they lack a critical skill. Being able to ask themselves every morning "Will shitposting with these people make me less bored like I want it to or is it going it make my day worse", and not engaging if it's the second.
>>
>>21150348
Was thinking more about the interviews he's done. People who don't like PR and worked on it tend to distance themselves as much as possible.
>>
>>21150384
For that we'll have to wait and see what he does when he's gone not when he's still under contract.
>>
>>21150272
>There is no joy or happiness in his posts about his PR work.
Really don't think that's the case, he's just older and answers a lot of tedious questions on Twitter so he uses a bunch of periods and sometimes writes in a manner that could be perceived as being short. But otherwise, I don't think any normal person would engage with it so much if they weren't at least invested in their own work. Would you willingly answer questions about something you did that you didn't give a shit about?

Otherwise, he seems noticeably invested in video interviews with him, of which he agrees to many of them.

I didn't even have to look that hard to find this where he talks about loving the strange sort of production style of PR https://youtu.be/b1J2yZHmz1w?t=1143

Though that's also not denying that a job is a job, I'm inclined to believe he's not some joyless drone going through the motions to earn money, they could have just put them in high school again otherwise and write even lazier plots.

>>21150320
>If Simon had the chance to direct big budget Hollywood movies he would definitely be doing that instead.
>If Simon had the chance to work on a multi-million dollar action movie gig rather than a low budget kid's television show, he'd be doing that instead
Damn, you really nailed him on that one
>>
>All this cool shit happening
>People still find excuses to piss and moan about the fandom and staff
I fucking hate you guys sometimes.
>>
>>21150392
>If Simon had the chance to work on a multi-million dollar action movie gig rather than a low budget kid's television show, he'd be doing that instead
I know you think you are being smart and sarcastic. But you are just wrong. There are plenty of people that genuinely do NOT want to work on big budget Hollywood movies. These people find greater joy working on smaller indie projects.
>>
>>21150437
Ahh yes, I forgot Hasbro was a small indie company, my mistake.
>>
I'm starting to feel pretty bad for her. The bullying is kind of relentless and it sounds like Amelia is going to steal her family.

Off note, they've never bought up why she doesn't grow or if she can go back to being a Sporix have they?
>>
File: FcTRZ-EXwAEp5Wp.jpg (385 KB, 1778x1414)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
>>21150412
I'm in the same boat as you, I honestly don't think half the people here have kept up with the international viewings or even downloaded what's in the OP mega. Inferring whether Bennett likes working the show or not is like high school women's high school gossip tier discussion, and repeatedly failing to understand what is clearly spelled out as a production difficulty is just idiocy.

Doesn't help that we're going to find out how this show ends in German very soon, but many are avoiding it until it's at least in English, further fracturing the discussion.
>>
>>21150447
>Off note, they've never bought up why she doesn't grow or if she can go back to being a Sporix have they?
It'd be a stupid contrived reason anyway, since the real answer is because she didn't grow in Japan.
>>
The French description of 22 pretty much spells out that Cosmic fury won't be in space since it's the Earth being threatened again. I fully expect Kiramager.
>>
>>21150477
Sure but that just makes me wonder why they made her one of them at all rather than an alien passing by or even one already at Area 62.
>>
>>21150437
>smaller indie projects
>Power Rangers
>>
>>21150483
Earth was also threatened in In Space.
The most believable argument for Cosmic Fury being earth bound or mostly earth bound is budget and how many times do they think they can pass off New Zealand as an alien planet.
>>
>>21150392
>Otherwise, he seems noticeably invested in video interviews with him, of which he agrees to many of them.
I wish more of the previous showrunners did video interviews.
>>
>>21150392
>Though that's also not denying that a job is a job, I'm inclined to believe he's not some joyless drone going through the motions to earn money, they could have just put them in high school again otherwise and write even lazier plots.
This. We've seen what PR's like when the showrunner's on autopilot and couldn't care less. If Bennett really hated his job, we'd have gotten a show with 70% Sentai footage and no attempt at diverging from Ryusoulger's plot.
>>
>>21150493
I'm not saying it excludes Kyu, I'm saying that people who thought even Zenkaiger had a better chance than Kiramager because of the more alien set pieces might no longer have a point. I expect Kiramanger because it's more recent, it'll take less effort and require less money.
>>
>>21150495
>I wish more of the previous showrunners did video interviews.
I think it's mostly a matter of being young enough to have social media, much easier to contact someone who's readily present. There's a decent amount of Chip Lynn on video out there, but only in person at like Comic Con or Morphicon panels. Most of them just don't have an online presence, and I bet some don't really know how to operate Skype or Zoom. Though Chip has a few posts on Rangerboard at least, he is probably (and wisely) selective in putting himself out there for a fandom of critical manchildren.
>>
>>21150445
>>21150488
Samefag anon that doesn't realize that Hasbro is the "big famous company" in anon's example. Simon can't do any better than Hasbro. Use your brain.
>>
>>21150392
>Though that's also not denying that a job is a job, I'm inclined to believe he's not some joyless drone going through the motions to earn money, they could have just put them in high school again otherwise and write even lazier plots.
Didn't Chip help him in most of the process in the early stages of Dino Fury, plus letting him direct and do some teleplay in episodes during Ninja Steel and Beast Morphers?
To me it seems like Chip knowing he was leaving, looked for a person who had the same passion, maybe not in the show but the process, to succeed him, being maybe the only time in 29 years of the show that a transition between EPs was almost seamless.
>>
>>21150538
>Most of them just don't have an online presence, and I bet some don't really know how to operate Skype or Zoom
Most don't WANT an online presence. And honestly that's probably for the best considering how studies have shown that social media is awful for mental health.
>>
>>21150560
New Zealand has laws in place about crewmembers needing to be native New Zealanders if the production company wants to get a tax credit.
>>
>>21150570
Or maybe Chip just wanted to retire. If that tax credit mattered, why didn't Saban take advantage of it for the 8 years they had the show?
>>
>>21150570
Many of the crewmembers are Japanese stunt men. What are you talking about?
>>
>>21150563
>Most don't WANT an online presence.
Yeah, which I why I said "he is probably (and wisely) selective in putting himself out there for a fandom of critical manchildren." Thanks for agreeing?

>>21150587
>If that tax credit mattered, why didn't Saban take advantage of it for the 8 years they had the show?
They did. Dino Charge got a huge subsidy getting $1.6 million back because they featured a NZ main character on top of having a majority Kiwi production crew. They stopped qualifying for an extra 5% uplift after the they tightened the qualifications on it, but still have still stood to get some money from New Zealand because of how much work they bring in.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/how-power-rangers-baked-a-kiwi-pavlova-to-win-16-million/2XUTZSYFT4UT5PILWDN4CQ547E/
https://thepowerscoopblog.wordpress.com/2018/06/30/power-rangers-no-longer-qualifies-for-nz-5-uplift-grant/

I will say, Bennett being EP probably has nothing to do with the film grant, it's likely as >>21150560
says. I'm sure it doesn't hurt, but he's just one name.

>>21150596
They didn't mean all production members. Crew as in technical crew. Otherwise this show wouldn't bother bringing an American cast in at all.
>>
File: sadgar.gif (2.34 MB, 520x462)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB GIF
>>21149082
Everybody hates Elgar...
>>
>>21150675
>I will say, Bennett being EP probably has nothing to do with the film grant, it's likely as >>21150560
>says. I'm sure it doesn't hurt, but he's just one name.

It's probably a "2 bird with 1 stone" type of situation. He's retiring, and figured picking someone from NZ is a small bonus. So might as well do it.
>>
>>21148482
General Havoc should have usurped control from Divatox and been Turbo's final boss, he was a much better villain and the idea he'd send monsters to die just to learn about the Rangers is a terrifying prospect
>>
You're also reading it in Rito's voice aren't you?
>>
>>21151154
I do wish Scorpina had stuck around for the rest of MMPR. It could've been fun seeing her and Rito interact. Maybe they could've had a plot going where Rito had a crush on her but she keeps telling him off.
>>
>>21150560
>being maybe the only time in 29 years of the show that a transition between EPs was almost seamless.
You're right, though the one downside to having a transition where both EPs knew and trusted each other is that the DF seasons don't feel as different as the previous six years. Compared to every other time when a new showrunner steps in under rocky terms in and the show changes tone.
>>
Ep 21 is the definition of copy my homework but don't make it too obvious.
>>
>>21151353
That is true, though I think a good amount can also be attributed to the top down mandates lingering, relaxed as they are for Dino Fury, they still ended up having a comedy duo, they still have moral lessons, and Bennett mentioned one time that they wanted Aiyon and Zayto to have a rockier start reuniting, but it was said that the characters having beef with each other for more than one episode was considered "Unrangerly", so their relationship was repaired all in one ep.

It's so weird and lame to me how Haim still had such a powerful creative influence on the show even after selling it to Hasbro, I feel like Beast Morphers had all the ingredients for a different feeling season, but ended up being more or less a better Ninja Steel.
>>
>>21151557
It's not great seeing how they had all this time for absolute filler episodes and then these final ones feel like they don't fit everything that needs to happen. The final episode must now have all the Eras scenes, which happen across 3 episodes in the original.
>>
>>21151154
I like the Zedd one better, gives off Bundy Zedd vibes
>>
>>21151559
I don't get it. There's no FCC or network supervisors to worry about. And they should know kids are used to darker content now more than ever. Tons of little kids watched Mandalorian, and the last episode had Mando snapping a guy's neck on-screen. Meanwhile, PR can't catch up.
>>
>>21151596
I don't want to see blood and snapped necks in PR. I just want them to commit to a death of a character or let the villain do some visible damage.
>>
>>21151603
Well when we get the Entwistle show, you're gonna get blood, snapped necks, and probably romantic melodrama that'd make the CW blush
>>
>>21151596
>There's no FCC or network supervisors to worry about.
It doesn't air on American TV, but they still need to be able to market this show to broadcasters around the world. And beyond that they're really adamant at saying they have to make this show for 4-6 year olds first and foremost.

To play devil's advocate for a bit, sure many kids (like myself when I was young) like older, darker themed content, but just as many if not more would be rightfully terrified if they saw a snapped neck or something on their television show, or if the tone was too dark, they would change over to Peppa Pig. They really have to play a balancing act to prevent alienating their core.

There's definitely periods of Power Ranger history where they skewed more to the 8-12 age range (post Zordon, RPM), but I think you can make a fun to watch show that's aimed at 4-6 year olds. I think Dino Charge succeeded at that, and Ninja Storm I think was a uniquely gold standard in irreverent tone that I wish they could continue. If nothing else, not every episode needs to have a moral imo, just tell more adventures.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (151 KB, 1366x768)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
If she stays gone while Tarrick and Santura get they're happy ending, this will be another Ecliptor for me.
>>
>>21148482
Mystic Force was good.
>>21148680
>>21148683
>>21148709
>>21148713
>>21148747
>>21148745
>>21148833
Ollie is a known clown and skeptic when it comes to the supernatural, his opinions aren't supposed to be taken seriously.

Dude would probably say Power Rangers aren't real because 'science' if he wasn't one.
>>
Episode 21/Penultimate episode is up in German
https://pastebin.com/JpH8KJ6L
>>
I haven't been keeping up, wtf is cosmic fury?
>>
>>21151809
It's the next season of Power Rangers and will continue using the Dino Fury cast. That's all we know

Most speculation is that they will be adapting Kiramager or Kyuranger, but we don't know anything for sure
>>
>>21151815
kiramei red acts like a kid, it'll be a weird translation. Also they'll need to add more cast members to make kyuranger work
>>
>>21151824
Those are the only options. Either blue's a furry or green get's a skirt and black turns yellow.
>>
>>21151809
Why do /prg/ posters prove time and again that they don't know how to Google?
>>
>>21151824
Ryusoul Red also did some kiddie stuffs too though.
>>
>>21151824
Well, this time and unlike Super Megaforce, the sentai footage is being kept as minimal in the show. I could see more use of original footage to cover that difference if they use Kiramei as the base sentai.
>>
File: mpv-shot0070.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>21151768
18 and 19 got updated with funny English subs.
>>
>>21150523
>>21150483

The biggest argument against Kiramager is that it's really basic and doesn't have much to work with. The Zords don't combine, the Rangers only have the basic sword and gun (and most of the team only has one or the other) there's only one powerup the whole team shares that's just a vest and all the monsters look really lame.

Kyuranger at least has a weapon that has a different mode for each ranger, lots of Zord combinations, good monsters, lots of powerups for each member and a super ultimate mode for Red.

From a toy and design prospect Kiramager is not very enticing and they already skipped Zyuohger because of it's toyline being substandard by their standards.
>>
File: mpv-shot0072.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>
>>21152020
Wow, just like my Chinese Power Rangers.
>>
>>21152033
Regardless of what they go with. I believe if Kuyranger couldn't be done in 48 episodes it can't be done in 22. Kiramager is the perfect size and blandness to make a small extra more custom season.
>>
>>21152066
On the other hand it means they can jump right to the flashy bits of Kyuranger without having to bother with the build up.
>>
>>21151855
seems like weird character development for green to make a big deal about not wearing a skirt to going to wear one.
>>
Kyu green also wear a skirt
>>
>>21149036
But that costs money. PR has always been about recycling sentai footage and equipment because it saves on budget and utilize Japanese toku-isms to US audiences.
>>
>>21148482
Franchise should've ended with RPM and Saban should never have bought it back. Funny enough I remember an anon calling it out correctly that Haim was going to sell PR again. This was back in 2014 I think. All he cared about was making a quick buck. At least with RPM, the series would've ended on a great season.
>>
Dino Fury panel at Pulse Con, on Sept 30, post S2 Netflix drop/finale.

>news and updates about the series

Hopefully our eternal prison of "Kyu? Kira? Same suits? Something original?" will finally end.
>>
>>21151724
She's going to come back right?
>>
Why do next season options get discussed so much when the new series barely get discussed when they air.
>>
>>21152241
The movie bombing was the last straw
Almost a decade of rehashing attempts to recreate the 90's initially successful before fizzling out hard in a span of a few years made Saban realize he was out of touch
>>
File: DonOnitaijin.png (1.15 MB, 1221x685)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>21152242
What if they actually adapt DonBrothers, but they keep most of the Ryusoulger stuff, taking just the villains and the mech as a strange new companion?
>>
>>21152242
>Hopefully our eternal prison of "Kyu? Kira? Same suits? Something original?" will finally end.
I think the finale is airing on the 29th? And if those reports about the Ranger in a White suit are true we'll probably get our answers then
>>
>>21149036
This season has used one morphed battle sequence and one zord fight from sentai for each episode almost. I just can't believe it's possible to not use footage and have the above 2 things, if it didn't happen with disney in the 00s how can it happen now.
>>
>>21152325
Even sooner, the 23rd because of Germany. But even then there's a chance it'll just be a white DF suit or something similarly vague.

Even if that's the case, the 30th is not too much longer at least, that's assuming they'll talk more concrete CF plans.
>>
After all the criminals from PRs, I'm surprised we haven't gotten stories or at least rumors of cast members being kid diddlers.
>>
>>21152306
That would be questionable because Donbrothers villain faction beyond not having the standard always in suit characters is one big throwback to older Toku shows.

Also they're still shooting Donbrothers so it's too early for that.
>>
>>21152227
So does Kiramei Green. So switching Izzy to either suit is gonna either require them to cut off the skirt and they can never use Sentai footage for her or have her double back on the no skirts thing
>>
File: mpv-shot0071.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>21152254
I hate it. The fractured nature of the broadcast doesn't help.
>>
>>21152254
Because what's there to discuss? We already know what's gonna show up and how it's most likely gonna play out. That's the problem when your source material is taken from another show in the age of the internet. At least with the next season there's a general wonder of what they're gonna do.
>>
>>21152412
Well, Michael Copon.
>>
I wish we'd gotten to know more about the Sporix. What did go wrong with them? Do they know they where supposed to help Rafkon? If Void Knight could take control of them so easily be just ordering them around, why didn't the Rafkonian's or any of the heroes try it?

Their energy is supposed to corrupt people but the individual monsters seem pretty amicable if you give them orders to follow.
>>
>>21152490
Google tells me he's apparently a maga nut.
>>
>>21152502
https://twitter.com/tokugirlarchive/status/1525324984620662784?s=20&t=IFoJIbm8ja7J6M4-JjV-Vw
>>
>>21152443
Fair for seasons like Samurai or early on in a season, but recently by the half way point it's clear they're barely taking from the Sentai's plots at all.
>>
>>21152503
We've had actual murderers, twitter allegations won't cut it.
>>
File: FSulvGxXoAANtAh.jpg (257 KB, 695x2048)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>21152509
Just because the news broke on twitter, doesn't mean twitter is the source. Fuck, have an attention span longer than 4 seconds and actually take the time to READ.
>>
>>21152516
Did she see justice, she speaks of an investigation, this is from 7 years ago.
>>
>>21152527
Sadly no. It looks like Copon got away with being a kiddie diddler.
>>
>>21147066
>>21147487
The Mega link for the new Dino Fury S2 episodes is dead. They sniffed us out.
>>
>>21152600
Well fuck...
>>
>>21152600
The seething Netflix employee that banned our mega should have thought of this before legally licensing the episodes to Germany for them to air a week early.
>>
>>21152412
Shuki Levi
>>
>>21152680
I forgot, was SJB legal when Shuki Levy molested her?
IIRC she was a senior in high school when she first met him
>>
File: Shellshock.png (118 KB, 235x400)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
Hey, look, everyone, it's Shellshock...
>>
>>21152888
A clay turtle?
A traffic light?
>>
>>21152659
You'd think moving to Netflix would mean better schedule/simulcast or some shit, but it's the same shit.
>>
>>21152415
They could still have the Noutos as suit exclusive, but they still looked somewhat heroic instead of full on villains so that'd be a problem.
>>
>>21153080
>but it's the same shit.
It's worse than that. It's dumped twice a year in the deepest recesses of a subscription service.
>>
>>21152254
Social media poisoning. Once something comes out, it no longer triggers dopamine receptors. Speculation is a cheap substitute until NEW THING comes along to give them another dopamine hit.
>>
Has any interview ever said why the Hanarangers weren't in Season 3? Are they even in the comics? I guess I can understand why they didn't make a whole evil team of rangers back in the day but in this day and age you'd think the comics would adapt an all female team.
>>
>>21153134
Didn't help by the time the franchise is transferred to Netflix, Netflix is deemed by many as shit.
>>
>>21153268
Probably because girl toys are a hard sell
>the comics
We haven't reached Season 3 yet in the ongoing and the Alien Rangers themselves only got appearances in Coinless flashbacks and Shattered Grid
Not sure if Boom is craving to add more Sentai exclusive stuff, Bischoff was the one who pushed hard for Dark Ranger Heckyl to be canonized because he was a fan of PR before working for Saban
>>
>>21153303
It's always been funny to me how little boys don't like girl figures but adults can't get enough of them. I always wanted the girls as a kid even outside of filling the teams. Kimberly was badass.
>>
>>21153268
>I guess I can understand why they didn't make a whole evil team of rangers back in the day
In the Zordon Era alone there were five evil Ranger teams.
>>
>>21153303
>>21153316
I've never understood the "girl toys don't sell" theory/mentality/whatever when it comes to superhero toy lines like this. Don't get me wrong, I believe it's a thing, I just don't get it. When I was a kid watching Season 1 of MMPR, I wasn't thinking "Eww, Kimberly and Trini are GIRLS!" I was thinking "I like Power Rangers. I want the Power Rangers toys. I want the whole team. Kimberly and Trini are part of the team. I want to get the Kimberly and Trini toys." Like, I don't understand how that wasn't everybody's train of thought. If I didn't get their figures, I'd have an incomplete team, and who the hell would want that?

I was similarly upset that we never got a Rita figure back in 1993. I didn't give a shit that she was a girl, she was the MAIN VILLAIN. I had no one to boss around my Goldar, Finster, Squatt, Baboo, and Putty figures for a whole year until Season 2 came around and they released a figure of Lord Zedd. And then once Rita came back and married Zedd in the show, my Zedd figure had no Rita figure to bicker with. Shit sucked. It was even dumber in Season 3 and they were making toys of Rita's brother and father, which just rubbed salt in the wound.
>>
>>21153410
My dad wouldn't buy me the pink one I know that for sure.
>>
File: 20220923_184251.jpg (256 KB, 1012x2048)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
Bait/fake or real?
https://twitter.com/Jinsakuu/status/1573216861415669762
>>
File: 20220923_184502.jpg (198 KB, 946x2048)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>21153443
From same account
https://twitter.com/Jinsakuu/status/1573214147814297603
>>
>>21153443
Might as well be real. This still doesn't answer which series they're gonna be pilfering for zord footage. Something's getting Dairanger'd.
>>
>>21152254
It's easier to want than to have.
>>
>>21153443

>red color doesn't have the grain of the rest of the photo

Totally real guys
>>
>>21153443
I will kek if they try to sell the exact same blue, green, black and pink toys again for a 3rd year in a row. I guess that is the curse, buy PR, fuck your bottom line for nor good reason, sell PR.
>>
The finale is certainly a downgrade from the original. Amelia just does to the queen exactly what she did to void knight an episode earlier. She touched her once and that's that.. The final close quarters fight scene didn't make it, neither did most of the eras footage,
>>
File: Spoiler Image (149 KB, 2048x996)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
Bravo hasbro.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (186 KB, 1990x1125)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>
>>21153590
The must really not want to sell any toys again.
>>
>>21153590
>identical helmet
>>
>>21153590
>>21153595
The silver is barely a different color than the white
>>
File: Spoiler Image (107 KB, 1982x1125)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
Now that that's finally out of the way, time for months of "Which Zord footage will they use?"
>>
>>21153410
Because families often can't afford to buy their kids the entire toy set of whatever toy line. So the kid must choose 1 or 2. Often times the boys choose the male figures in that situation.

>I've never understood the "girl toys don't sell" theory/

There's a reason its called the Boys action figure aisle. Boys are the ones who make up the super majority of action figure toy purchasing (paid by parents). And boys love buying male figures.
>>
>>21153605
And yet he's still going to be the red one. It doesn't leave any room for someone else to come in.
>>
>>21148151
I can't give him the benefit of the doubt when autism has existed on the internet since its inception. Even people in their 60s should know this if they work on shows. I remember the autistic transformer fans in the 90s being really mad. (Trukk not munkey)

Maybe twitter hugboxes normalfags into thinking there are more normal people than there really are though?
>>
>>21148482
I love Drakkon's costume
>>
>>21153590
It's fine for me except for the helmet, which looks like they ran out of money and used the old one.
Could do with some white, or maybe a darker hue of red so it balances with the white.
>>
>>21153614
>I remember the autistic transformer fans in the 90s being really mad. (Trukk not munkey)
You have to be really online and to have been active in forums or your own site to be aware of that. Bennett worked mostly in theatre for his career so I'm not suprised he'a not aware of it.
>>
>>21153624
I didnt think about thistill now but actual baby boomers still had Trekkies too though? And theater kids are their own kind of autistic.
>>
>>21153590
Fundamentally nothing was changed, he's still going to be using all the red stuff but he just now looks way less red. Hopefully it's only him who wears this shit because if all of them get it they'll look identically bland, the A team inverted.
>>
>>21153627
>Trekkies too though?
Sure but the most normies would know about them is that they got bullied in schools and local news maybe mentioning a convention in town. Any actual fan drama and fanwank stayed within the zines and newsletters, and later the forums.
Bennett doesn't sound like he was ever in those circles.

>And theater kids are their own kind of autistic.
Sure but a different kind.
>>
>>21153585
That's disappointing. The synopsis made it sound like they'd swap things around and Amelia would fail to get through to her leading to Zayto to use the Saber.

I know PR doesn't adapt Sentai episodes anymore, but having Zayto die and then go to some otherworld to talk down Void Queen while the others fight her, connecting back to how he treasured and lost his own mother, would have been neat.

I also don't know if I like Void Queen/Santura zapping Eras/the Sporix. She's the one who transformed herself and used them.
>>
>>21153666
The original final episode was fine, they were doing the exact same thing storywise here anyway. There was no reason to cut the final fight with the rangers all jamming their swords in her chest hole for a scene of fighting chumps on a greenscreen.
>>
>>21153607
They seem really content, filming their own footage with cardboard and sports equipment. No footage will fit without some asspull for yellow.
>>
In retrospect, I think Dinofury lost something when Void Knight stepped down as the main villain. He built a sense of rivalry with the Rangers just by going in and fighting them sometimes.

Void Queen was cool but she didn't interact much with the heroes, and the stuff with Amelia doesn't really happen till the last two episodes so they feel mostly like strangers.
>>
There's absolutely no reason why this needs a 3rd season. 4/6ths of these characters don't have any growth or conflict in s2, what's left for them to do in s3.
>>
>>21153756
Probably saving money, the Netflix reboot is likely for 2024.
>>
>>21153756
>4/6ths of these characters don't have any growth or conflict
>>
>>21153759
If they wanted to save money they wouldn't do a "donut steel" season, they'd just adapt boring ass kiramager 1 to 1 and call it a day.
>>21153767
Space didn't run for 3 years.
>>
>>21153759
This, and reusing the cast and props also saves time on pre-production. Eapexially if the 30th season was a last minute decision to buy time for a revamp or reboot.
>>
What happened to Slyther in the end?
>>
>>21153774
It's not going to sell any toys and hasbro is a toy company. Netflix doesn't even run ads on PR. It will be a loss or it will look so cheap it will make fan projects look like high cinema.
>>
>>21153783
Survives. Lost his job so he found another one as a clown magician, will probably never be mentioned again until the comics remember him. Can't even say redeemed, he's probably still just as bad. Same with Mucus.
>>
>>21153774
>>21153785
I'm just wondering which mechs they're gonna sell, they can't be doing the Dino Force Brave method of slight recolor of the original mechs, right?
>>
>>21153801
Of course they can and probably will. The theme is still dinos. They'll add a cape to Tyramigo and rename it Cosmic Tyramigo Limited edition.
>>
Wow, history really repeating itself huh? "Just add a Cape and swap colours" is basically the same as just adding glitter to the suits. Though it's kind of on me for expecting like an actual suit swap like MMPR -> Zeo.
>>
>>21153590
>>21153595
It's ass
>>
>>21153793
Huh.
Well good for them I suppose.
Won't people notice that there's a Sporix Beast in the Circus?
>>
>>21153819
They look like humans now. Don't ask how, they just do.
>>
>>21153590
Could've at least changed the silver into gold or even make it white altogether. Goddamn that shoulder thing is ugly.
>>
>>21153821
Slythern can shapeshift so that makes sense.
I guess for Mucus it goes on the same pile as "why didn't she grow?"
>>
>>21153590
To anyone who thought Ranger Slayer was too similar to MMPR Pink
Apologize
>>
If you're going to do wholly original ranger footage, why not just make original suits at that point?
>>
>>21153936
A combination of not enough budget, hasbro would rather not make new toys, hasbro would rather klll this version of the show so they can do their PR Riverdale.
This show is barely alive as is.
>>
>>21153936
Because this is a stop gap. They do not care about selling toys.
>>
>>21153947
You are telling me that this huge ass toy company bought all of rangers with the purpose of not selling toys?
>>
>>21153989
Well MMPR toys, not new characters and props.
We're in the nostalgia franchise era now
>>
>>21154006
>now

It's been like this for at aleast a decade or more in general and longer for Hasbro.
>>
>>21153595
It looks worse than a boom OC.

>>21153607
Gem was added so they can use Kiramager mecha?
>>
>>21153595
So is it a power up or a new normal form?
>>
>>21154053
The more nostalgia media that's made, the more the nostalgia is for the nostalgia
>>
There's certain copium out there about this being a placeholder suit. If they wanted to do that they could have put him in a generic jedi cloak. They wouldn't comission a """"new"""" suit if they didn't plan on using it.
>>
>>21154084
Probably the same people coping that the acting would improve or that the morph sequence would be shortened as the season progressed. What you see now is what you'll see next year.
>>
The Dino Fury Cast, Black Nerd, Ryan Parrott, and Melissa Flores will be in Pulse Con's Power Rangers segment in case anyone was curious
>>
>>21154104
To say what? Check back in 6 months to watch half of next season and buy the terrible comics. They won't have any material from QF and 1 day is too little for the people to have watched all of S2 on netflix.
>>
>>21153772
>If they wanted to save money they wouldn't do a "donut steel" season, they'd just adapt boring ass kiramager 1 to 1 and call it a day.
No Power Rangers ever do that. That's below minimum Western standards. Even In Space, when it was on the verge of cancellation, never chose to do that.
>>
>>21154113
I'd rather see Kiramanger adapted badly than the PR budget CGI zord fights and OC suits we're about to get.
>>
>>21154124
>CGI zord fights
We already get plenty of that shit in the Sentai.
>>
>>21154130
I know it is inevitable but American made means the zords will look like blurry Michael Bay transformers and the dudes piloting like Halloween bootlegs with styrofoam shoulder pads and bmx kneepads.
>>
>>21154124
I'd not. At least Kiramager will be spared a shitty PR season
>>
Do the Garcia parents, and to a lesser extent Buzzblast, know who the Rangers are by the end?
>>
>>21153443
>>21153444
>>21153590
>>21153595
>>21153607
Welp, looks like the new dark ages is about to begin. This is gonna use mostly original footage this time around, no Kyuranger, no Zenkaiger, and not even Kiramager. Just sand.
>>
>>21154170
I don't think it is mentioned. The others seem to know there are aliens but the rangers sneak to go to the base in the last scene so most likely the ranger part remains a secret.
>>
It looks like the Kiramager power up the Ryusoulger got in their team up except way cheaper and lamer looking. Like all they could afford was the cheapest looking cape and one Gem
>>
>>21154157
The show is already practically cancelled, and only on life support because they don't seem able to get their shit together with the "adult" "reboot". Who knows how long it will take to pull the plug on that shit and sell the rights back to Saban. All seasons till then will just go unadapted.
>>
>>21154192
>sell the rights back to Saban.

Saban ain't buying a third time.
>>
>>21154199
He's a part of the curse. The universe will compel him to. The choice is not his to make.
>>
>>21154185
I wonder if that means most of the supporting cast will be back too.
>>
>>21154124
>I'd rather see Kiramanger adapted badly than the PR budget CGI zord fights and OC suits we're about to get.
Sentai has been doing that for years now. Lazy CGI and bad suits.
>>
>>21154192
>Who knows how long it will take to pull the plug on that shit and sell the rights back to Saban. All seasons till then will just go unadapted.

Saban's not gonna take it back since it's clear the money isn't nearly what it used to be and he'll never be able to convince someone to buy it from him again. What's more likely is Hasbro just sits on it for years until the renewal comes up and then Toei gets it back. I doubt Hasbro will waste money renewing a dead franchise, and Toei will be under pressure from Bandai not to renew because they want to be the one making money off their shit in the west and not Hasbro.

And this assumes Sentai doesn't get the plug pulled after the 50th season, in which case PR dies along with it outside of nostalgia rereleases.
>>
I haven't read this general in a looong time. I dropped by today and.....WOW you people are negative, and this thread is full of jaded cynical people. It reminded me on why I stopped coming in here in the first place. You people suck the joy out the show!

Learn to just enjoy life and enjoy PR for what it is. Stop whining. You are all grown ass men taking this negativity and hatred way too far. It's a child's TV show at end the of the day.

Be more positive.

Adios.
>>
>>21154433
>not a new ip post
fuck off false flagger
>>
>>21154295
The CGI for the zords in Donbrothers is actually relatively impressive given the budget, especially the Don Zenkaioh mocap.
>>
>>21154532
Because I already made more than one post today *before* I called you negative.

But all I see are just complaints no matter what is said. You people look for reasons to complain. It's like you want the franchise to burn. Are you people even fans? It is draining being here. Not a good vibe at all. Be more positive.
>>
>>21154433
I would have to agree, anon.

One screenshot of a Ranger with a white redesign, and now we've got a thread full of people saying this is signaling the death knell of the franchise. Drama queens.

We just got done with a months long drought of news (and it actually did seem like it COULD have been Hasbro icing PR), and now that we're on the precipice of them producing a season that's doing something that hasn't been done before, where the sky is the limit, and people are still like "Ugh, original suits?". And this is after a multithread shitstorm an audible faction here going "Stop mentioning Sentai!"

There's a reason why they make the franchise for 4-6 year olds, it's because the adults who still watch this show are impossible to please.
>>
>>21154433
>be more positive while I insult you and act like a faggot

You first
>>
>>21154542
What kind of fucking retard do you have to be to expect anything positive out of your bitch fest? Nothing was stopping you both from posting something positive but you chose to type this instead.
>>
>>21153590
>>21153595
>>21153607
>>
File: Spoiler Image (129 KB, 1990x1125)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>21154596
I posted to let that anon know that there's at least one other person here that agrees that there's an excess in cynicism, and there really isn't a "positive" way to do that. If you think there is, I'm all ears, but doesn't make the point any less valid.

But in the interest of furthering the conversation, actually talking about the suit would be difficult since I'm waiting for the English audio version of the episodes to release, so I don't know anything about the story, but kinda looks like they were going for Morphin Master + Dino Fury, stylistically. I don't mind the white on red, kinda reminds me of Jungle Master mode, and it's more of a "Super" mode than "Super Mega" was to "Megaforce". It's also better than making it messier and adding a bunch of armor parts like they did for Dino Super Drive and Ninja Super Steel. Though, I think it woulda been cool if the silver and red on the helmet reversed kinda like Aiyon's.

Though that said, this is also not guaranteed that this is even the Cosmic Fury suit, given they made this solely for the finale without knowing that CF was a thing, they could still evolve it. The cape is so long that who knows if they can actually fight in that.
>>
File: MMPR-100-Preview-Page-1.jpg (279 KB, 994x1529)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
Issue 100 Preview
http://www.morphinlegacy.com/2022/09/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-100-preview-released-spoiler-warning.html
Judging by credits, the guest artists are probably crammed in pages 23-28
>>
File: Spoiler Image (111 KB, 1486x1170)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>21154622
WAS IT THIS FUCKING HARD HASBLOW
>>
>>21154602
Did they ask the fucking JAV sentai parody studio to build that for them? If that was Plex then they either paid them peanuts or they deliberately did the shittiest job possible.
>>
Looking at twitter since some people got Issue 100 early
Two more cosplaybait possibly confirmed and people are saying the final pages are sad as shit
Journey probably died
>>
>>21154697
This doesn't look any different in quality compared to other suits. It's just a color swap and some shoulder pads. Stop being a drama queen.
>>
never would have predicted a palette swap costume would cause the funniest pr meltdowns in like a decade. what a time to be alive.
>>
>>21154733
The skirt tearing was worse
>>
>>21154717
I don't care so much about the suits. It's fine to me. But can we please stop making such bulky and clunky looking weapons and accessories? You look at MMPR with its simple but effective designs compared to today where the swords and guns have mouths. And you gotta shove stuff in the mouth and do a dance and make your weapon eat. It's just too much. Look how bulky that sword hilt looks on his belt. Keep it simple please.
>>
>>21154744
It's almost like they're showing off toys or something
>>
>>21153590
>>21153595
>>21153607
>>21154622
As cheap as it is, I like this way much more than the Dino Master Modes. I would gladly watch an entire season of the whole team with suits like these.
>>
>>21153595
ehh, could be worse
>>
>>21154602
I knew it was the kiwis
>>
>>21154622
It's not bad but the shoulder pauldrons turned out weird and the helmet not being white sucks. I fucking love rangers / sentai with capes and white rangers. Can someone post a high res screenshot later? I think that may be giving people a bad impression.
>>
Wow you people are so hateful. It's just a Ranger costume. It looks normal like any other modern Ranger costume. Relax. Go outside. Go for a run. Stop venting your pent up energy here. You acting like a fool.
>>
>>21154861
We just think it's lame and lazy
We're not seething over it
If it's as bad as you'd suggest it to be, we'd be posting wojaks
>>
>>21154861
It's a glimpse into the next season. A recycled costume for a recycled season. The people who were saying that not following the Sentai meant total freedom are getting monkey pawed, cause they had the freedom and chose Dino Fury A-team edition.
I'm not angry, it's just a shame, another waste of a good opportunity.
>>
>>21154861
Pretty sure you're more upset than anyone here.
>>
>>21154993
Was anyone hear going to watch the new season?
>>
>>21155090
If it's dumped on Netflix the same way, I'm not going to binge 4 hours of power rangers like a fool. I'll do what I did with S2, watch the 2 Zedd episodes and the 3 final ones and skip all the message of the day filler.
Unless of course it's so D.I.Y. it's a must watch comedy. The worse the previews look the more I'll want to watch it, but that will probably be the opposite of what everyone else will be doing.
>>
What killed PR?
>>
>>21155174
entropy
>>
>>21155174
Brian Goldner's death
>>
File: Spoiler Image (487 KB, 1280x1969)
487 KB
487 KB JPG
>>21154670
Google Books leak
Honestly?
I dig the wings
>>
>>21155686
If it doesn't actually combine it's just a mecha. Bringing close a yellow thing with a red thing doesn't magically make the yellow thing into wings. Why not have the gold thing with wings already?
>>
File: aoH8E3S.gif (301 KB, 260x216)
301 KB
301 KB GIF
>>21155703
>Bringing close a yellow thing with a red thing doesn't magically make the yellow thing into wings
>>
>>21155120
>watch the 2 Zedd episodes
Wait wait wait what? Are you exaggerating or is Zedd really in only two episodes?
>>
>>21154692
I know they had spare helmets. Or if not, they had plenty of time to ask PLEX or one of the third party helmet makers for another one. Not mad, just disappointed.
>>
>>21155839
Zedd is the sequel bait. He's the main baddie in the next season, this one is just a showcase. It's one more thing QS will recycle.
>>
>>21155174
>Goldner was the only higher-up at Hasbro who wanted the franchise, now Hasbro just see it as cutting into their Transformers and Marvel figure sales
>Saban failed to reboot the franchise in 2017, immediately panic selling to his friend
>Saban's strict limitations on writers' freedom appeared to boost the franchise's popularity in the short term but its effects are still being felt today. Hasbro raising the target audience age might not sit well with parents, unless the 2023 reboot is a success
>RPM was too ambitious for its own good, probably being a major factor for Disney selling PR to Saban
>They stopped using the BoJ toy moulds, usually resulting in lower quality and less screen-accurate toys
>Supposedly SPD didn't go over budget but the "no-one gets inside", A-Squad suits and lack of civilian actor for adult Sam suggest otherwise. With the exception of OO as an anniversary season, there wouldn't be another crossover episode until Saban half-assed one into Samurai
>Disney never wanted the franchise but at least they treated it fairly well in the earlier years
It seems to have been a slow death but I might have gotten half of this wrong.
>>
>>21155710
Providing my point, it's an anime mecha not a zord.
>>
>>21155883
Proving
>>
>>21155174
Video.
>>
>>21155703
I hate the Boom Megazords for this. They don't feel like combinations that could theoretically exist, but like they've taken a mecha template and slapped elements of each Zord on there with no thought behind it.
>>
>>21155896
>>21155703
>>21155883
I can sort of see how this one works
>Black mark on the chest connects to the Ultra Omegazord
>Head locks down on the back of the neck
>Shoulders form the small black wings
>Chest unwraps forming the medium wings
>Rest of the limbs creates the large wings
Basically, it's a shell former
>>
>>21155686
Saw other spoilers by the way
Not gonna leak them
>>
>>21150447

Is that original footage? Is that a chick in the green suit?
>>
>>21153416

He was right, he just didn't go far enough.
>>
>>21155912
By assuming it's made out of magic anime metal that can strech and compress infinitely, and be super rigid when it needs to. The mass isn't there. It's like iron man making a glove from his tiny watch, might as well be nanobots.
>>
>>21155881
>RPM was too ambitious for its own good, probably being a major factor for Disney selling PR to Saban
pr was canceled and dead at Disney before a single script was written for RPM.
>Supposedly SPD didn't go over budget but the "no-one gets inside", A-Squad suits and lack of civilian actor for adult Sam suggest otherwise.
Pointing to the obviously budget conscious stuff means they stayed within their budget. Not went over it.
>>
>>
I'm a little out the loop here. I haven't kept up, but what is the black suit Andros keeps wearing in the comics? Is it some sort of original Morpher? The Black Space Ranger suit? Why isn't he using the Red Space Morpher?
>>
>>21156013
Someone is going to answer your question with a 3 mile long post but this is the PR comics. It's guaranteed you'll end up understanding less than before it was explained to you.
>>
File: androslcturnaround.jpg (304 KB, 2475x1225)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>21156013
Technically it exists in the show and this scene is where Ryan got the idea from
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfXEfkKg1dk
IIRC it's been recontextualized for stealth purposes but it's fun to imagine Hasbro mandated it to shill for the Lightning Collection toy
>>
>>21156038

I always loved that there's a wild west planet the henchmen just kinda bum around on.
>>
NEW
>>21156276
>>21156276
>>21156276

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.