[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 47 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: FX4cWckXgAIMzqQ.jpg (398 KB, 1929x1512)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
Previous: >>21058560

-Check out nyaa/anidex, KRDL and the pastebin before posting requests.
-If only posting an image, pop the name/title/source/whatever in the filename or post.
-If you find yourself asking "Is it /otg/?", it probably is.
-Art is Explosion.

>Metal Hero, Garo and Misc toku DDL
https://krdl.moe/
>Rare Tokusatsu Blog
https://raretokusatsu.wordpress.com/
>Stuff archived from Hi no Tori Subs (See the paste for Mitsurugi and Andro Melos, KRDL for Wecker and Bereke Scrubs for remastered Tekkouki Mikazuki)
https://mega.nz/folder/NcdHFKTK#0gXtUdyzcH6Nnku2rudCvg
>Other links of interest
https://pastebin.com/iSZb179N
>>
>>21119009
LOL taroman took the general title
>>
File: FYob-TkaMAAptMs.jpg (95 KB, 900x666)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
Subs now up to ep5 https://revilarksubsnscrubs.wordpress.com/category/other-toku/taroman/
>>
File: GacAAMYjk.jpg (553 KB, 1755x976)
553 KB
553 KB JPG
>>21119060
Ah, well, I felt bad about not making the last OP a Taroman edition.
Nearly called it /tarotg/, too, but I didn't want to mess with anons' ctrl+fs too much lmao
>>
File: 1.jpg (222 KB, 1200x887)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>
File: 2.jpg (225 KB, 1200x673)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>21119093
>>
File: 3.jpg (190 KB, 1200x824)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>21119096
>>
>>21119060
After what happened at the end of the show, he can have it I ain't fucking with him
>>
Taroman vs Redman when
>>
>>21120170
In the time since you asked this last thread, I still haven't worked out what the point of that would be
>>
BunnyHat uploading 720p Sukeban Deka
https://nyaa.si/user/FortMax?f=0&c=0_0&q=sukeban
>>
>>21119009
>Been away from /m/ for a while
>Find out B-Fighter is now fully subbed
I never thought this day would come. Everything else on my watchlist besides Ultraman Dyna is now bumped down (halfway through it and loving it).

Just watched the first two episodes. First episode was pretty standard for starting a Toku, but the second episode was a lot of fun with cool aesthetics and Space Sheriff esque trippy vibes. Only real complaint was some of the weird editing/cutaways.
>>
Is Mighty Jack available anywhere online? I found a nyaa torrent, but it seems dead already.
>>
>>21123251
I'm pretty sure I've used them to mega at some point, maybe try digging around desu. Not sure if the ddl is still up but might be
>>
File: Girl Gun Lady.jpg (351 KB, 1200x849)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
I’m still mad we’re never gonna get a Shizun Tsu of this
>>
>>21120170
Fuck that give me Taroman vs Guilala
>>
>>21119085
>Nearly called it /tarotg/
Would've been a great title
>>
>>21123434
okay I checked, it was only the second series and it's been nuked
I probably have the raws still on a hard drive but don't hold your breath
>>
>>21124414
>I probably have the raws still on a hard drive but don't hold your breath
I appreciate the effort
>>
>>21124405
Ah, I should've - maybe when that V2 batch of the subs eventually comes out!
>>21123251
That reminds me; I've had MagicStar rips of the first two eps of both MJ and F!MJ in glorious HD lying around on a drive for ages now. I'll try to get them uploaded this week.
I've also got ep1 of Mirrorman, Fireman and Jumborg Ace and the Mirrorman pilot in HD - almost feels weird seeing them in non-potato quality.
>>21124414
I miss that folder - it had Saru no Gundan, Star Wolf, Kousoku Esper and other good stuff iirc?
>>
https://twitter.com/tokuducks/status/1568469489536356353

Anyone has more information of what this is?
>>
>>21124671
Didn't they explain it all in their tweet?
>>
>>21123815
shizun what
>>
>>21124671
Only have seen bits of the Chinese version, not dub but they really made something similar.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEd4Z7K2yFY&t=116s
>>
>>21123815
Did the merch sell that poorly? It had great style and I enjoyed watching it.
>>21124722
Season 2. You're still new.
>>
>>21124671
You must hone you google-fu more, young one

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%8F%E3%82%A4%E3%83%91%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A8%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A8%E3%83%BC#%E7%89%B9%E6%92%AE

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzvXRL2Tn09-y0aGrkm_-lA2CiqtCHSVZ
>>
>>21127816
>you
...and I clearly need to hone my proofreading skills lmao
>>
>>21127384
>>21123815
I feel like Kamen Rider Geats is a Rider equivalent to Girl Gun Lady. As I can see, dead Riders stay dead, sort of like with the Girl Gun Fight outright erasing dead players out of existence, and the erasure of existence in the Desire Grand Prix could be permanent after a wish is granted. Worse off, Natsuna's actress is portraying the big sis of the secondary Rider there.

Wanting to shake off the bad memories of Girl Gun Lady, can we talk about K-tai Investigator 7 and its merch?
>>
>>21124617
>I miss that folder - it had Saru no Gundan, Star Wolf, Kousoku Esper and other good stuff iirc?
something like that, yeah
if you need Star Wolf from there I have that on my computer
>>
>>21128050
>Worse off, Natsuna's actress is portraying the big sis of the secondary Rider there.
I remember people expected her to be gone from existence just like her GGL character last week because she looks like out of the area despite surviving, but turns out she's simply just losing memories of Jamato attack and still there lmao
>>
>>21127384
>Season 2. You're still new.
Oh. I'm already doubt Season 2 will happen since the early episodes, not because of the toy sales but more because of most actresses there are already too mainstream for toku so it's just a one-off.
>>
It's also here.
https://archive.org/details/starwolf1978
>>
>>21128050
>can we talk about K-tai Investigator 7
I got as far as downloading it, back when TV-N firebombed their Rider backcatalog, but never got around to watching it.
What's it about? Sci-fi something from what little I remember.
>>
>>21129009
A detective story of walking cellphones stopping cyber-crimes made by another walking cellphone who betrayed the organization.
As for the toys, I saw how interesting they are. I'm somehow looking into how the Solid Driver can hold two Boost Phones, since there are no videos that show Boost Phones attaching to the Solid Driver.
>>
>>21129180
>A detective story of walking cellphones stopping cyber-crimes made by another walking cellphone who betrayed the organization.
Classic toku silliness. I should have watched this sooner.
>>
>>21121696
Same anon, I just finished episode 10.
Episode 1 was ok, a standard start for a Toku show.
2 was a step up, and had a great kaijin. It does kind of leave a hole on Green’s motivation though, since they save his sister, and that was why he joined.
3-9 are good, but each episode gets progressively better. Something I really like is that they start shedding the heavy handed environmental message, and instead start focusing on the villain group and the heroes. Jamahl’s MOTWs and generals start to feel really fleshed out, and the more we learn the better it gets. The heroes too get more focus and personality than before. I also like how we start to see them use actual tactics against stronger enemies.

Episode 10 is easily the best episode so far. Absolutely loved it. It does pretty much everything right: Great MOTWs, lets one of the main generals shine, gives us even more interesting Jamahl lore, and let’s us see our heroes fail only to rise again as a team.
It also does a good job letting us see the quirks of each B-Fighter: Blue is clearly the glue to the team but is sometimes too technical and not inspirational, Green is arrogant and thinks he’s strong enough to handle anything, and Red is so reliant on the suit’s power that she freezes up when it fails. It’s actually foreshadowed in episode 8 even, where Blue brings up that the MOTW relief so much on his power source that he lost. It’s also ironic because by the end the villains splinter off, when teaming up was why they were winning.
The aesthetics for the show are amazing, the action is getting better and better, and I’m loving the Jamahl lore. Hoping episode 10’s quality continues.
>>
>>21128411
cool, yeah those 90meg-ish mp4 look to be what I have
>>
File: Fbi9hKqWIAAZScJ.jpg (218 KB, 1440x1080)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/nhk_osaka_JOBK/status/1565248090386632704
>>
>>21130598
Aww shit can't wait
>>
>>21129338
It does peeter out a little, but once a certain character is introduced the ball gets rolling in a big way
>>
Started watching Voicelugger last week and I'm half way through it now. The MC is a neat character, but everything else comes across as lackluster. Everything seems too melancholy and the cinematography and lighting are very poorly done. It's a damn shame that this ended up being Shotaro ishinomori's last work. I expected something more adult and yet it comes across more as a low budget JAKQ parody more than anything else. It's not even funny when it's trying to be.
>>
One thing I love about Gavan is how the balance of power keeps shifting.

For the first 13 or so eps, Gavan just steamrolls through all the monsters and troop with no problem. Then after the Doubler's are introduced, he actually has a lot of trouble with them at first, but eventually starts beating them up pretty easily. Then finally during the last arc of the show, the doublers get a huge boost in competancy and Gavan goes on the defensive again.
>>
>>21129338
>>21130843
Episode 11 was pretty great, though. I really liked how Green’s still a lovable dummy who is obsessed with trees, but definitely feels a bit more fleshed out and willing to work with the other two. Great MOTW too.
The Movie was very meh, and had the exact same issues most often Toei movies have: Big concept that’s barely fleshed out at all. It made no sense for Jamahl to suddenly screw over Drago, and his reveal meant almost nothing contextually because we don’t know anything about him. The movie MOTW looked amazing and had so much potential, yet it didn’t feel like he did anything memorable or cool. Every so often he’d deflect a powerful attack, but honestly Zaiking, Bardas, Barla, and Mad Bomber were all bigger threats than him. Episode 10 felt more like “B-Fighter: The Movie” than the movie did. Bigger stakes, bigger lows, more compelling villains.
The movie really needed to be at least an hour, not 20 minutes.
>>
>>21130985
My favorite episodes were the string of Doubler episodes near the middle, where Gavin felt like he had a direct rivalry with them instead of the Doublers feeling like generic monsters. The actors they got for the Doublers were all great.
>>
>>21131048
Machiko Soga as the bee double was great.

and kinda hot
>>
>>21131056
Definitely one of my favorite episodes. It’s a shame she didn’t have more.
>>
>>21130969
>I expected something more adult
>he's never seen the webm
>>
>>21130985
You'd really like Kamen Rider Black. It does a good job with what you called shifting balance of power.
>>
>>21131422
I've seen Black. It has a great beginning and ending but the middle episodes are really meh for the most part.
>>
>>21131515
You didn't like how the threats ramped up? I thought Black scaled up really well. So when you get to Shadow Moon and Gorgom's reality warping, you'd believe that they were capable of it.
>>
>>21131652
My issue is more how the plots were kinda dull and never got as dark as I feel they could have been
>>
>toei makes toei tokusatsu world
>just stopped uploading stuff for some odd reason
some shows got stuck in 2 eps. glad janperson was finished though.
>>
>>21131662
I agree. I still think Black is easily among the best KR shows, but there's an increasing disconnect between the show's tone in production design and aesthetic and its tone in plotting. The first stretch of episodes before the head writer changed is where I think the show peaked.
>>
File: FcFrpK7aMAI1YNI.jpg (93 KB, 890x1080)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
Black Sun's actor playing another superhero but just for a commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKsu3YYZKSo
>>
>>21131042
Zaiking's fight with G-Stag is still one of my favorites from the show personally
>>
File: Space Monster Wangmagwi.png (1.82 MB, 900x1067)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
Space Monster Wangmagwi home media release by SRS Cinema coming soon
https://youtu.be/GhtidWWWduE
>>
>>21129198
I have been watching a few scenes of the show, but there was no mention of whether one of the Phone Bravers killed in the 01 incident ever recovered. Second and Five are confirmed to be dead, but Fourth's fate was only being stuck in maintenance, never to recover, so I assume her as dead as well.
>>
>>21131706
It was a wet fart from the getgo.
>>
>>21132048
Zaiking was a great kaijin. Great combination of menacing and our first real glimpse into Jera’s backstory.
My favorite MOTW so far is Barla/Black Dragon. Barla was such a good enemy that it’s outright disappointing that she only shows up once.
>>
File: please understand.jpg (659 KB, 1125x1875)
659 KB
659 KB JPG
>>21131706
>picrel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7pddu3yyzkzFEiXfQLex3w/videos
It looks like TTWO is currently being used to promote the Kamen Rider Black Sun movie, the Shin Kamen Rider movie, and the Kamen Rider W anime(Fuuto PI).
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmVxDczGmeI
>>
>>21133730
Are the 1972 movies subs by TTWO good? I remember someone here archived them but forgot the link.
>>
>>21134024
>Vs Ambassador Hell
>picrel
That's the brightness difference between the two. XIG left, TTWO right.
It's largely 6 of 1; half dozen of another, for most of the differences.

TTWO
>1920x1080
>lots of DNR
>hardsubbed
>narrow black outline for the font will sometimes make it more difficult than it needs to be to read, unchangeable
>no signs translated
>only the 2nd and 4th songs are translated, never karaoke(out of 5 songs)
>during the 4th song, once the fight has dialog, the song is untranslated for the remainder
>kaijin names are romaji
>skips subbing cheering crowds, people yelling single words like "Rider" or sometimes names
>sometimes skips subbing everything that's said, to just have the characters say an abbreviated version that gets the same idea across
>MASKED Rider
>Henshin
>onore - curse you
>8:40 - Darn it. We've been spotted. Watch out!
>14 minutes - paralysing gas
The gas puts them all on the ground, and they never are shown definitely paralysed.
>32:35 - We'll make Tokyo Tower a piece of candy.
The plan involves a laser made to destroy the tower, not the candification of Tokyo. I get that it's trying to say that it will become insignificant, but that's not a good line.

>XIG fansub
>1280x544
>lots of film grain
>softsubbed
>default font is easy to read, and fully customizable
>all signs translated
>all songs translated, including karaoke for all songs
>some kaijin names are translated, some are romaji
>subs the crowds, people yelling all single words, and moments where there's a lot of quick/little things said
>KAMEN Rider
>Transform
>onore - damn you
>8:40 - Damn it! They sniffed us out! Taki, don't let your guard down!
>14 minutes - sleeping gas
The gas puts them all on the ground, and they never are shown definitely asleep.
>32:35 - That Tokyo Tower will soon become like heavens.
Both versions needed someone to slap them for their line choices. Fansub has worse grammar than the Japanese. "The Tokyo Tower will soon be in the heavens."
>>
>>21134024
>>21134204
>It's largely 6 of 1; half dozen of another, for most of the differences.
Ran out of space and couldn't think of a way to edit clarity for this part.
The majority of the line differences are slight differences, rarely meaning anything different, once they both get through their translated lines.
8:40 is just a line example. Both make sense, neither is best, because they both do different parts better than the other. "TTWO- Watch out!" makes less sense, but "XIG-They sniffed us out!" is worse.
The rest are some highlights and minor differences.
They both need some work though. Shame that fansubbers won't touch these movies now. Both are alright. Neither bad, neither THE version.
The TTWO font outline being bad is really the worst part.
>>
>>21134221
>spoiler
I try to avoid saying the trite "be the change" line, but this does seem like an apt situation, especially with easily-amended softsubs available.
>>
>>21134241
It's simple for 8:40 and 32:35 to fix. They're both obvious to anyone that's paying attention to the movie, and knows basic English. I used them, because no Japanese knowledge is needed, for anyone to follow along with these fixes.
8:40 is the reaction to suddenly being trapped and then the lights are shut off.
32:35 is just a different, but equally as obvious mistake. It made me laugh when I saw that they both did such a bad job with that line, that I had to include it.
A lot of my unused timestamps are for other lines like 8:40, but not all are so easy to fix.
17:30 and 27:30 has lines that talk about Mt. Fuji.
>TTWO does Mt Fuji and Fuji.
>XIG does Fuji and Mount Fuji.
Ignoring the Mt/Mount insignificance, what's the solution? It requires a lot more work, and I could get the answer with the Japanese captions and a bit of work with DeepL.
That's just one of the timestamps that I wrote down, and I never created an exhaustive list of list differences.
2:15 is even more difficult.
>TTWO-Make it a good race.
>XIG - You must win it!
But this is so far beyond what I can comfortably fix. But it's laughably simple for someone who knows Japanese to fix.
>"be the change" line
It's just that anyone that can properly something like 2:15, will also be better equipped at fixing 17/27, 8:40, 32:35, and all the other lines.
>>
>>21134204
I don't know the movie and English isn't my native language, but...

>2:15 "Taki, Hongo, go for the win!"
>8:25 "They caught onto us! Don't let your guard down, Taki!"
>14:00 It's not like paralysis needs to be permanent, so I wouldn't say it's wrong... Otherwise, "numbing gas". It's not about sleeping.
>32:25 "Watch! [The laser] will now melt the Tokyo Tower like a piece of candy!"
Like candy (ame) is correct. As in, something hard becoming soft and bendy until it folds and collapses. Heaven (ama) is a mistranslation
>>
>>21135123
What you're doing is guesssubs though. You might be right, but I'm not wasting time changing lines based on an ESLs suggestions without watching the movie ever. A proper translation isn't made by someone just checking the captions once and then writing a script. Before you even start translating a word, you need to watch the movie, ideally a few times.
As for 14:00, it's obvious that XIG chose sleeping gas, because it's already something known but the viewer, from other shows/movies. It also has the built in understanding of being temporary, because you normally wake up. Paralysis gas might be real, and the effects are understood from the words just as easily as sleeping gas, but paralysis isn't something you think of recovering from. Paralysis gas should cripple people. Numbing gas is even worse. Numbing is what the dentist does to your mouth, to fix your cavities. You don't think anesthetics for surgery. Sleeping gas or knockout gas are the better choices, and sleeping gas is the best of the two.
But that's also part of translation, knowing when to be 1:1 accurate to the original and when to localize.
>>
>>21133010
Yea, but thems the breaks with kaijin in these kinds of shows
Unless you're Metalder which actually came up with a cool reason to bring them back
>>
Is there any other toku with an asshole prick protagonist?
>>
>>21135535
Gridman. Naoto almost got his brother killed.
>>
>>21135864
>Spoiler
In all fairness, he is literally a snot nosed kid
>>
>>21135535
Changerion?
>>
>>21135513
Yeah, but Barla really felt like she could’ve been some type of sub-general, sort of like Bilgenia or Lami.
>>
File: gibsonfail.png (426 KB, 641x483)
426 KB
426 KB PNG
https://megabeastempire.wordpress.com/category/janperson/
MBE smashing out that Janperson. Is Metallic working with them on this, too?
>>
>>21129338
>Get to episode 18
>It ends with Black Beet
ENTER
>>
>>21138674
eh wouldn't shock me. just glad they're able to continue the subs either way
gonna be sad they won't be doing longer shows anymore after janperson but hey at least that means they'll probably finish tiger mask and moonlight mask
>>
Come to think of it, there are some Minipla-exclusive stuff for K-tai Investigator 7, and I question this: Why are there two color variations of Boost Phone Hi-Seeker and Observer (the white version is canon for the latter), and what is Phone Braver Judge? Are they original to the toyline? They never appeared in the Next mini-series.
>>
Color illustrations from the Spectrman manga, including some double-page spreads!
https://imgur.com/a/Wb0C3ap
>>
>>21140529
Yea I think they're just toy stuff I don't remember then either
>>
>>21140529
Just popping in to mention how much I love K-Tai 7. It was on the air when I got into toku and I put off watching it because I was watching every Sentai available instead but if I knew how good it was it wouldn't have taken 14 years.
>>
File: prismthree.jpg (269 KB, 1280x720)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
Does anyone have any of the porn episodes of any of the GIGA toku shows?
>>
File: PINKの特撮.jpg (264 KB, 1200x800)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
So does anyone know what’s happened to pic related? Seems like forever since the last update, did it get canned?
>>
>>21139765
>Episode 20
>Wrecks the B-Fighters after the Commanders lost to them in a decisive battle
>The Commanders try and welcome Black Beet into the fold
>Black does pic related
Love him already. My boy’s all about the chase.
Also Gaohm was an ok big bad before, but episode 18 really made me start to love him. MH villains in general are great, but I love how Gaohm is playing some sort of long game. The fact that The big “final battle” of episode 18, including him showing up and “dying”, was all a ruse to figure out where the heroes are getting all this power from so he can copy it, leading to him making Black Beet was fantastic. It really finds a way to keep the big bad threatening even after losing.
>>
>>21141166
Not to hand. Never felt like saving any as desu they're pretty cringeworthy
>>
So I finally watched GanbaReiwa Robocon after it just stuck in my folder for like 2 years because I don't anyone ever subbed this.

This bitch's crazy.
>>
>>21143195
I think Ei/Flame have it on their to-do list irc?
>>
File: gun.png (1.7 MB, 1419x1069)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
Anyone knows of lighthearted tokusatsu comedies similar to Changerion? I watched Shougeki Gouraigan but it was more horny than funny, not a bad show though.

>>21135535
Try Iron King.
>>
>>21145460
>Carranger
>Sazer X
>Ryukendo
>Kagestar
I’d say that Bima X gets pretty comedic as it goes on, and isn’t as straight laced as Bima Garuda.
>>
>>21142286
Finished episode 26. In a string of good/great episodes I guess it was natural there would have to be a crappy episode. The big problem is that most of the characters act OOC, and the theme of the episode was pretty bad.
>G-Stag/Green/Daisaku’s dad is an abusive, violent scumbag that Daisaku is scared of, but it turns out that’s ok because he dad wants to go fishing with him, and his dad is just misunderstood except for all the parts where he’s hitting people and treating his son like garbage.
>For some reason Daisaku can’t tell his dad what he does, despite that never being an issue before and their identities were public knowledge.
>Black Beet says he doesn’t want to get involved because the plan’s too gross, as if suddenly he’s some sort of prima-donna that would care about dirt over tearing Blue Beet’s head off before anyone else can.
>Turns out Daisaku ran from home 4 years ago, which timeline wise doesn’t seem to really make sense considering by episode 1 his a world renowned photographer and tree specialist.

I’m assuming this was a hiccup and the next episode will get back to form. So far loving the series.
>>
>>21145460
Iron King’s one of my all time favorite Toku shows. Loved everything about it.

>>21145835
Forgot to add another OOC moment.
>B-Fighter carelessly cooks a random lobster alive while attacking the MOTW
While it was clearly a joke, everything we know about the team would suggest they’d actively try to avoid that, or even mourn the senseless death of a living thing. These are the same guys that actively avoided crushing flowers during an RV battle, and risked themselves to save a random dog on a battlefield.
>>
Newfag here, why are Tokusatsu considered /m/ ?
>>
>>21147810
super sentai has had a robot fight in every single episode since 1979
>>
File: Sorry, Toku Is M.jpg (479 KB, 2334x2005)
479 KB
479 KB JPG
>>21147810
Here's your history lesson.
>>
>>21147810
Toku is very intertwined with giant robo genres, from conceptions to influences.
>>
>>21147810
Same with you can't really have too many threads about mecha anime on /a/.
/tv/ threads move too fast, /jp/ might not fit.
Rather than just "mecha," /m/ was more like a board for toy-oriented shows aimed for boys, literal or at heart.
>>
>>21147997
>you can't really have too many threads about mecha anime on /a/
You can. Most won't last though. /a/ isn't interested in most of the recent /m/, outside of Fuuto PI. There's not enough long running shonenshit for people to be tribalistic about in /m/ shows. Gundam and Eva threads do just fine on /a/, because those fanbases are big enough to keep a thread going on /a/.
>>
https://kamenscrubssentai629411244.wordpress.com/2022/09/19/b-fighter-kabuto-25-27/
It's time lads
>>
>>21145835
this sounds awful
>>
>>21148023
Yeah I should've word it better, we can but /a/ also move fast like /tv/ and /v/.
>>
>>21148596
/m/ is a snail compared to /a/, but /tv/ is on a whole different world for speed. /tv/ moves close to /pol/ speeds. /a/ is a snail compared to /tv/.
>>
>>21147810
The very first combining super robot on television is from a Toku show.
>>
I remember someone made a scrub to the original 1993 Gridman, did they finish those?
>>
>>21148362
I know from some sources that Kabuto eventually becomes "The Kouhei Show featuring the B-Fighters" but so far it hasn't really reached that it seems
>>
File: LHpink.png (1.11 MB, 1336x754)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>21141474
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1xT411u7HG/

Seems like the suit is ready, considering he's been making videos with LHs, if I had to make an educated guess, he'll put on a stage show with some of them in the not so distant future.
>>
>>21150581
I forget, what you add to the start of the url, to stop the comment scrolling spam?
>>
File: FdOmFTuUYAAWEbl.jpg (290 KB, 1200x628)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000177923/
>>
>>21150659
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD0F4tgspU8
>>
Is there any batch release torrent or Mega folder for Megabeast's B-Fighter subs?
>>
>>21150659
just in time for the show getting subbed again
>>
>>21150770
There's a MEGA linked on their site, but you have to use a decode website due to Toei bots. It's not hard.

They said they're planning a batch torrent but they're currently caught up in subbing Janperson so it'll be a while.
>>
File: giant robo.jpg (167 KB, 987x1454)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>21147810
Lurk more.
>>
>>21150889
Thanks, time to start watching.
>>
>>21147810
The better question is why wouldn't it be? Most of the time it's the same subject matter, themes, and writing style and in many cases the same creators working on manga, anime, and tokusatsu at the same time. The most common one I've heard is some variation of "it's not a real robot/power armour/whatever, it's just a costume" like a series of drawings creating the illusion of movement is somehow any realer than an actor in a robot suit.

If your question was just "i thought this was the mecha anime board" it's more of a general sci-fi board at this point and has been for a very, very long time.
>>
>>21151143
>The better question is why wouldn't it be?
I'm the anon who gave the 4chan history lesson post.
A lot of anons' problems are 100% toku being live action and nothing else. They can never explain why robots, power armor and the monsters that get fought with robots and power armor aren't /m/. Because they love it when cartoon robots fight monsters, and they love it when cartoon power armor fights monsters.
It's not the focus on the technical aspects of mecha that's the problem, because half of the /m/ cartoons would be banned by this.
Hell, /m/ is fine with the loosest connections sometimes. There was the one thread about mecha in non-mecha shows, and no one complained about anything being "not /m/", even though all of those shows weren't mecha, and only tangentially had mecha in it.
It's that toku is live action.
It's easy for shut-ins who have never had a social life, to want a space online, that's just what they want, with nothing else. They don't like live action, because reality rejected them.
>>
>>21147872
>>21151158
I miss when I had enough free time to argue with these faggots.
>>
>>21148377
Well I did say it was a crappy episode, honestly the worst one in the series so far. Definitely not indicative of the show as a whole.
27 and 28 are goofy, but in a Byclosser-esque fun way with some cool visuals and fights.
29 is back to shit hitting the fan, and it’s fantastic. Black Beet is a very interesting villain, and makes every other character even more interesting based on how they react to him.
>>
>>21147872
>Cast in the name of God, toku is not /m/!
Kills me every time
>>
>>21151729
>there's a record of users getting banned for posting that toku isn't /m/ from 2009
>from 2009
>2009
It's been just over 12 years, and there's still retards posting it for (You)s.
>>
>>21151755
Reminder that one of those geniuses posted that Transformers isn’t /m/.
They literally want /m/ to be the same 3 threads nonstop.
>>
>>21151769
>They literally want /m/ to be the same 3 threads nonstop.
1. Arguing about the role and meaning of Gundam newtypes.
2. Arguing about the inverse square law and other STEM obstacles that mecha need to overcome somehow
3. Arguing about if you watch 0079 show or movies

1. Some dumb shit that's mostly ignored, UNTIL IT BECOMES THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT TO UNDERSTANDING THE MEANING OF THE SHOW
2. I'm still laughing at the anon who suggested that mecha would make for good support units for tanks, because they can deal with urban environments better and can lay down to hide below the tank's max height.
3. You don't watch the movies ever, unless you're specifically looking for a quick recap. Show or burst.
>>
>>21151822
Alt 3: Arguing about Eva and if it is or isn't /m/
Eva's fun, but who gives a shit about the story/lore? It's not even in the show/movies. You have to play more than a dozen Japanese exclusive games with no English translation to understand the story. Eva is obviously /m/, because the Eva Units are giant cyborgs, and cyborgs are /m/.
Not really sure what other regular annoying threads are that common.
>>
New Garo when?
>>
File: GARO The Animation .jpg (936 KB, 2560x1920)
936 KB
936 KB JPG
>>21152353
God I hope they announce something soon, once I’ve finished the anime series/movies I’ll be stuck waiting
>>
>>21151841
I've accepted that Eva is a way better experience when you just accept it as Anno's Ultra/Ideon fanfic and not listen to all the bad theories regurgitated again and again also rei porn is always a good fap
>>
File: 94661930_p0.jpg (3.94 MB, 2835x2126)
3.94 MB
3.94 MB JPG
>>
https://floridamanscrubs.wordpress.com/fdsfdsf/
>Caster Chronicles Ryukendo
>1-16 v2s of Bereke
>17 is the first from BerekeFlorida
>>
>>21152778
>it's happening
finally
>>
>>21152777
why is cybercop mercury looking at me like that
>>
What's the website of that guy that's scrubbing Rescue Force? I cleared my history and forgot to bookmark his site.
>>
>>21153955
https://nyaa.si/view/1454886
Was it that or another?
>>
Bump.
>>
>Gf doesn’t care for Toku
>Loves Byclosser
>Decide she might like Ryukendo
>Now she spent have the day watching it
Good stuff. Haven’t seen Ryukendo in a long time so it’s nice to rewatch. It’s such a shame we never got more series out of it.
>>
Whether you're prepared to admit it or not, Indian toku is technically a thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4gJNVdu8to
>>
What's the toku with the inflation episode
>>
>>21156575
Ryukendo
>>
>>21156489
As much as his song absolutely slaps, Shaaktiman is pretty light on special effects content from what I've watched. Something like Bajrang Bali is probably more deserving of the label, at least in my book.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nkvwUT2TL4
>>
need some sumo films for the afternoon. Bonus points for serious drama.
>>
>>21157739
No sumo that I know of (other than isolated eps like Ultraman 80 ep40) but on the wider wrestling side of things there's stuff like Ika Resura or the Jushin Liger live action film.
>>
>>21157714
I forgot what it was called, but I remember there being an obscure 60’s Indian movie with a kaiju suit straight from Tsuburaya.

There are also shows like Aryamaan, Captain Vyom, & Hatim.
>>
>>21157849
>Aryamaan, Captain Vyom, & Hatim
These definitely feel much more tokustasu. Aryamaan in particular looks pretty based.
>>
File: ffxiv_09262022_002631_160.png (1.95 MB, 1920x1017)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
I just dropped in to show off the Garo outfit I got in XIV :3
>>
>>21157739
It’s not sumo, but Azteckaiser is all about wrestling.
>>
>>21157893
Aryamaan was based when I caught some episodes on stream, it's wild as fuck too
>>
File: Fdq6o9PVQAIVFnl.jpg (409 KB, 1370x2056)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
>>
Bump again.
>>
>>21157714
This looks amazing ngl
>>
The first 2 episodes of Giant Robo have been subbed.
>>
File: Taroman.jpg (273 KB, 1080x1080)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>
>>21165885
>where's da link brah
>>
>>21166549
https://floridamanscrubs.wordpress.com/fdsfdsf/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJB3T4Oc9Tc
>>
Archive is the best thing to happen to Toku in a long time. Bless the archivers and their glorious posting of Toku.
>>
It’s been a while since anyone has brought the show up, but what are everyone’s thoughts on Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters From Beverly Hills?

I feel like over time, the series has been getting a warmer reception. Not for nostalgia either, but for how ambitious some of the ideas were. In terms of American Toku, the core of the show seemed more interesting and introspective, which I can appreciate.
>The main cast don’t start off as a group of friends, and instead barely know or like each other. They’re also all selfish or I likable in some form, but eventually learn to work together and become close.
>That episode that reveals that the Zordon of the show is actually a screw-up, and has been hiding the fact that he’s failed every planet so far. Then when he fails, he ditches the planet and goes to another one. Also recontextualizes the big bad, who has been winning over and over again against not-Zordon.
>That episode where a MOTW offers an alliance against the big bad, and the team debates about the MOTW promising to leave earth alone but will still conquer other planets instead.
It’s a show that had a lot of potential in the core of it, but the cheap budget and bad outfits kept it from really reaching anyone.
>>
>>21167703
I wish they'd use the subs of a few of those though. My heart sank when I found Juspion expecting the MBE subs only to more or less have raws.
>>
Has ANYONE ripped the correctly-timed BCI Eclipse versions of Red Baron & Iron King?
I just wanna make sure before I go buy them myself.
>>
>>21169943
Nobody, and I sadly doubt I'll ever find the time to finish re-timing/scrubbing Iron King (It was such a ballache. I don't know how the timing got so messed up - it wasn't consistently too early or too lately or sped up or slowed down, just ...all over the flipping place.)
>>
>>21171247
Thanks for confirming that I gotta do freaking everything around here!

Don't worry I say that in jest, btw I bought the Japanese Spectreman DVDs,
which are in SUBSTANTIALLY higher quality than any other version of Spectrman on the internet.
& I'm about halfway through ripping them on Archive as we speak.
https://archive.org/details/spectremanhq

Be warned though the MKVs are a whole gig each.
>>
File: I don't want to be human.jpg (390 KB, 2154x1668)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
>>
>>21171570
Fuck man you're awesome. Can't wait to see someone put these to good use.
>>
>>21171570
Unrelated question about your Andro Melos edits. Is it all of the episodes, but the credits cut out to put together more coherently? Because if so that’s awesome.
>>
>>21169943
I have the BCI Eclipse release of Iron King. If I get the time, I could probably rip the whole thing.

I kinda assumed that it was already done, but I guess not.
>>
>>21173352
YAY I DON'T HAVE TO DO FREAKING EVERYTHING AROUND HERE!
Let's hope someone around here has the BCI version of Red Baron too!

>>21173259
& yes I'm gonna remaster the dub.
>>
>>21167777
Apparently Nimbar played 4D chess and used the fact they hated each other to his advantage.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inPe2q79Q5k
>>
>>21173352
>>21173382
Godspeed to both of you. This deserves preservation.
>>
https://streamable.com/cuek5m
>>
Syncing Spectreman's dub is confusing as fuck.
I can never quite 100% tell if it's in sync or not,
because it's seems the dub's syncing is ALREADY slightly fucked up!
>>
>>21173382
>>21173777
So, I was browsing eBay for a bit while encoding some Iron King episodes and saw a dude selling the BCI Eclipse Red Baron set. It was a bit pricey but I snapped it up.
>>
>>21119009
Why are you posting Dagoth Ur on /m/?
>>
>>21174974
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you I can not possibly fucking stress this enough, T H A N K Y O U .
>>
The English dub of Spectreman was edited for content,
this includes a scene in episode 2 where Karas SNAPS A DUDE'S FUCKING NECK ONSCREEN.
>>
Has anyone ripped the blu-rays for either Red Baron or Iron King?
Because once we get those BCI subs up, they can be applied to said blu-rays!
>>
>>21175038
It sounds like an implausible thing, but is there a possible way to do the dub AND keep the violence?
>>
>>21175069
I’m afraid not, the dub’s M&E is made with the edits in mind.
>>
>>21174695
Episode 2 is signficiantly easier to sync than episode 1 so hopefully this won't be a recurring issue.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.