[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 9 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: cheat sheet.png (1.1 MB, 1000x1000)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
We haven't had a thread for /m/-tan/Musashi Yuuma in a long time, maybe we should? Are there any new ideas or designs we could include with his character?
>>
Missile tits.
>>
>>21046363
I had this idea for a while of both being the same person, with a Reborns Gundam transformation.
it would double as a Baron Ashura reference.
>>
>>21046363
One anon drew an acrocanthosaurus mecha for him to use in a recent draw thread, why not include that? Have it controlled via wrist communicator a la Giant Robo and V-Rex from Timeranger. I'd also be up for /m/-tan writefagging.
>>
I've never seen this before, this design is cool. Imma try and draw something, though I suck
>>
File: IMG_20220807_151936.jpg (2.45 MB, 5760x4320)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB JPG
I did this thing
>>
>>21049125
I like it anon.
>>
>>21049138
Thanks anon
>>
>>21049125
nice
>>
>>21049125
Looks vintage
>>
>>21046363
As forced as some of the "expanded universe" concepts got, it could do Musashi well to have his own SHOCKER/Dinosaur Empire/Bandora to fight and drum up OC.
>>
>>21050326
Doesn't he have an arch nemesis?
>>
>>21050375
He has Turn /m/, or /ɯ/. Mr. Microwave head with a suit.

It was suggested he be able to create minions out of insects by microwaving them, which I think was supposed to be the start of a Shocker-esque organization around him. But /m/-tan threads got shitposted to death right around the time it was brought up. It was never agreed upon by any large consensus, it was merely put forward in a spitballing thread as a potential ability with his microwave (at the bare minimum he can fire beams out of his microwave head, so I would assume he could also form other beam weaponry just so he can have melee fights with Musashi).

I still think we could do with a proper Dinosaur Empire-like enemy group separate from Turn, however.
>>
>>21050402
Turn m could be the effective embodiment of every bit of Minovsky/Photon Power/Orgone Energy/whatever bit of power mecha settings use to casually get around things like the square cube law and the three pillars of thermodynamics.
>>
>>21050402
>I still think we could do with a proper Dinosaur Empire-like enemy group separate from Turn, however.
We could make it loosely based on Gnostic lore where they are minions of the Demiurge that keeps human souls bound on Earth in a supernatural nightmare that causes untold chaos, /m/-tan takes up the mantle of Champion of Higher Order using technology to rebel against the Demiurge's nightmare to bring peace and love to humanity and nature.
>>
I have half a mind to pay a professional artist for an /m/-tan picture with him, Emi, and their auxiliary mecha. I recall somewhere he had a pair of motorcycles, anyone have pics of those?
>>
>>21050404
>turn's microwave of science bullshit technobabble vs /m/'s blackhole toaster that just works because he says so
Truly a battle destined to last until the heat death of the universe.
>>
>>21050409
The avatar of Gravity itself could be a great Demiurge. Gravity weighs down humanity's souls and leaves them chained to Earth. But that's just more Gundam influence seeping in, which is always a point of contention.
>>
>>21050506
I'm more amazed nobody tried to add Nu Gundam funnels to Musashi at this point.
>>
>>21050409
Feels a little too flowery and leans on Char a touch too much. I think a Wiseman/Gaiark style true big bad would work the best: a force whose goal is to keep development/warfare of people going in order to ensure that giant robots, power armor and maniacs backflipping in spandex are always around and needed. It provides the perfect meta commentary especially as mecha series are becoming less common each season and as such he's making sure Musashi has a job.
>>
>>21050523
I'm sure he has a funnel-themed combat outfit. His toaster has infinite potential for creating armor and weapons after all.
>>
>>21050529
I like this idea, maybe have it on a paradigm like mecha are essentially carnivores to prevent any one force (like humanity) from completely overtaking the ecosystem/space as a method of justification. Mecha usually has evolution themes.
>>
>>21050675
Then it just turns into Getter Go though.
>>
>>21052153
Char with Getter Rays

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.