[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

R-Rated Horror Material Amirite Edition
>NEW: Dino Fury S2
On Netflix now (in USA, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, or with VPN)

or here:
https://dexuploads.blogspot.com/2022/03/the-tv-show-dino-fury-season-2-episodes.html

>Dino Fury S1
https://mega.nz/folder/cbomzb6B#sO0-2i4X8STxqskoKZg67w

>Official YouTube Channels
https://www.youtube.com/c/PowerRangersOfficial/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbIm2iqwql8bFqkO2bHv7Mw/videos

>Comics
https://www.mediafire.com/?w806xqswst6v8
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-uXKBhNeSFJU0tHRWEtb2stUkk?usp=sharing

>Other
All Season 4 characters for BftG are out now
Roleplaying Game is out now

>Coming Soon:
https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2021/06/15/kickstart-the-next-heroes-of-the-grid-expansion-on-june-22/

Current comics being released/coming
>MIGHTY MORPHIN
>POWER RANGERS
>GODZILLA VS MMPR
>POWER RANGERS UNLTD COUNTDOWN TO RUIN
>POWER RANGERS UNLTD DEATH RANGER

>Charge to 100
https://comicbook.com/powerrangers/news/power-rangers-reveals-epic-charge-to-100-event-exclusive/

>Power Rangers Morphin Legends
https://venturebeat.com/2022/05/17/nway-soft-launches-power-rangers-morphin-legends/

Time Force being uploaded to YouTube:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbt09tWqepBRwp8x7XK58jP37iNOTE5qE
Lightspeed Rescue fully uploaded to YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbt09tWqepBQpPGFSylaq9zO1K3AZ3VtI
Ninja Storm 24/7 live stream:
https://youtu.be/y8gYbkXhre0

Previous Thread
>>20913314
>>
Forgot
https://comicbook.com/powerrangers/news/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-celebrates-issue-100-ryan-parrott-final-issue-all-star-creative-team/

Guest artists
>Daniele Di Nicuolo
>Eleonora Carlini
>Miguel Mercado
>Francesco Mortarino
>Dan Mora
>>
>>20929515
>>20929725
The cake episode was very obviously rushed. That whole story arc was a nonsensical mess from beginning to end. But if the blame needs to be place on that sitcom-like plot for someone then Chip is the better candidate. He keeps bringing up how one of his favorite episodes is In The Limelight. He hates it when rangers don't have lives outside of being rangers and like self contained plots where they go off and do a random hobby. And to some extent you can understand where he's coming from The rangers in lost galaxy had personalities that were very hard to pin down and their roles in the story almost purely utilitarian.

And Tzachor you really can't write him off as a purely negative influence. All of the OG cast and crew from Jeff Pruitt, sakamoto and JDF to even Chip himself only have positive things to say about him. And emphasizing how important he was to power rangers as an end product even moreso than haim.
>>
>>20931650
Tzachor wrote or directed the episode where Villamax trains Trakeena. That was pretty amazing for someone who only cares about strictly adapting Sentai.
>>
I'm afraid of rewatching it, was alien fishmen Rangers season as bad as I remember?
Or did the whole "characters you like get turned into annoying kids and replaced by new Rangers you don't care about" thing colour my perception of it too much?
>>
I hate DF because of Izzy
>>
>>20931959
Really it just came off as more "pointless" than anything.
>>
>>20931913
ironically tzachor usually only directed the episodes with the least sentai footage. SInce he typically handled the big ones himself.
>>
>>20932000
Dino Fury has gotten better over time but Izzy gets too much attention from the writers compared to the other rangers. It doesn't help that her episodes are consistently the weaker ones. I'm not really a fan of Aiyon either. He's not convincing as an alien, especially when the makeup department were too lazy to give the Rafkonians antennae in every scene.
>>
>>20931488
Why even bother with the filename joke if you're just going to go for the most low-hanging fruit possible?
>>
>>20932000
she's not a bad character and she has a good actress but the writer's made her presence obnoxious bwith their overly obvious favoritism.
>>
>>20931488
Looks like they stopped streaming Ninja Storm, they've got a Jungle Fury stream now: https://youtu.be/U5v9a2HioU0
>>
>>20932022
>I'm not really a fan of Aiyon either.
I know bad acting is nothing new but it bothered me on how terrible he is at ADR. Like you can tell moments where they need to raise their voice and shout he instead felt like to scared to do so on as if someone next door will complain about the noise.

Didn't help that fish out of the water aspect was handled even more poorly than Zayto.
>>
>>20932022
>>20932041
Let's be honest, she gets attention for winning them award.
>>
>>20931650
>He hates it when rangers don't have lives outside of being rangers and like self contained plots where they go off and do a random hobby.
He's right. You want Power Rangers who have lives and personalities so the audience can relate to them and they can be more than just giant action figures. He's just not good at it. If he were, he would have found writing jobs outside of Power Rangers.
>>
>>20932202
They wrote and filmed it before they even got it.
>>
>>20931959
It's not offensive, not great, just kind of meandering overall.
>>
>>20931500
Hendry got confirmed as the last artist to return for this
https://www.boom-studios.com/archives/hendry-prasetya-returns-to-mighty-morphin-power-rangers/
So that makes it 7 artists working on #100 counting Moises Hidalgo and Marco Renna
>>
File: panic-anime.gif (2.23 MB, 498x281)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB GIF
>Listening to a podcast about Rogue Sun
>Ryan doesn't know who's taking over the book after him
>>
>>20933741
*taking over Power Rangers
>>
>>20933741
>>20933764
i love how for 30 years every aspect of this franchise has been operating through everyone winging it year to year
>>
does anyone have any other good maps of the juice bar?
>>
>Throwing back to the 90’s when I spent three crazy, fun-filled years directing kids’s action TV shows for Saban / Fox Kids. Those shows were a blast to do and every day on set was anther filmmaking challenge to throw my creativity at. I still marvel at the size and scope of those shows with the elaborate sets, large scale action and complex CGI for the time. With Mystic Knights we shot on the Braveheart sets at Ardmore Studios in Ireland and I got to live in and experience Ireland for several months. I also met many great collaborators and friends on these shows, many of whom I still work with to this day. As a filmmaker I am a product of all the creative experiences that I have had. This chapter was a great part of my journey and a heck of a lot of fun. Hope some of you remember these shows and that they entertained you as kids.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeTndiPrGK7/
>>
Oof browsed through R****t and saw a post where a guy wants to audition to be a Power Ranger or at least a voice role.

Maybe I'm just too cynical based on my own experiences but I can't help but feel sorry. Can't even comment on it because it's seen as negative.

But really though, it's sad that as a kid you wanted to be an actor but nowadays being in PR is almost like a career death.
>>
>>20934379
Chances are he's years away from having the right physique for Power Rangers and I highly doubt they'd hire random Reddit people for voice roles when there's already a pool of professionals to pick from. I'm sure 'disposable henchmen #3' would be a fun role if you didn't care about career progression but they've already got a stunt team for those guys
>>
Is ninja steel a good starting point?
Does the story from PR suffers from using footage from SS?
>>
>>20934605
>Is ninja steel a good starting point?
No. Where'd you get that idea?
>Does the story from PR suffers from using footage from SS?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
>>
>>20934732
There's only that and Dino fury available in my country on Netflix easily, I just chose randomly.
>>
>>20934739
Ninja STORM is a pretty good starting point rather than Ninja Steel. If you want something that's available officially, There's a Jungle Fury playlist on the Power Rangers Official YouTube channel. That's probably the most disconnected season we've ever gotten, with the only link I can think of being Casey's later appearance in Super Megaforce.
RPM also requires no prior knowledge but it'll set your expectations for the other seasons too high if you start there.
>>
>>20934769
I wouldn't even start with Ninja Storm because it had a lot of meta jokes about PR.
>>
>>20934605
Look at it this way. Sentai producers, like the majority of TV, at least get a say in what most of their props and costumes look like. PR doesn't get that say.
>>
>>20934134
I'm surprised the Sentinels of Temra stopped showing up after a few episodes
>>
>>20935158
They're nothing the average person couldn't glean simply from cultural osmosis.
>>
>>20935418
Weren't they just a means to provide a trial for the knights to overcome to get their armor
>>
I hate the Neo-Saban era as much as everyone else here besides that one coomer, but how much of the hate would still exist if Disney canned PR right after OO ended and kept the show in storage for 3 years until Saban bought it out? RPM set a high bar that Samurai failed to follow, and Jungle Fury was all right, so what if the Neo-Saban seasons had to continue on from OO instead?
>>
>>20935158
>because it had a lot of meta jokes about PR.
Uhh not really? Yeah it pokes fun, but nothing it does isn't inherently funny on its own. It's not like an Akibaranger where it's whole basis depends on a familiarity with the base material.
>>
>>20935442
Maeve recruits them later
>>
....weren't solicitations supposed to be up by now?
>>
File: FViqfcoaUAExP-U.jpg (637 KB, 2048x2048)
637 KB
637 KB JPG
>>
>>20932202
I honestly can't believe it beat The Owl House given how much that show doesn't shut up about dykes
>>
>>20936248
Solicits for DC and Marvel are up but honestly I expected them next week

5 week months are harder to pin down with solicits, it's inconsistent
>>
File: ep30_4.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1080)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
astronema does the kubrick stare
>>
>>20936829
I just thought it was the second to last Friday
>>
>>20936609
I'm honestly surprised the comics haven't tried to do more with the Bulk and Skull Rangers, like a new short story or mini-side story or something (does anyone else miss the side stories at the end of each issue? I do). Hell, I'd rather see the Purple and Orange Rangers added to the main series than have the Omegas around.
>>
>>20937560
That's how I usually look at it for Marvel and DC

Second last Thursday of the month. But they went a bit earlier last week
>>
>>20931488
It doesn't matter what Chris and Selwyn say, they're just actors. It's pretty obvious Andros was the leader in In Space, even though black was the leader in Megaranger.
>>
>>20933005
I thought Hendry was the best artist they ever had for the series, glad to see him back.
>>
>>20937420
>That you, Dark Specter? Is this me?
>>
>>20934445
The kids wants to be a voice actor, which if he really wants to voice in PR, he's gonna need to go to New Zealand instead of becoming a voice actor in US.

And becoming a US voice actor is actually more rewarding than being in PR.
>>
Anyone had a shortlist on PR Actors that made it past PR?
>>
>>20939711
Bryan Cranston, Alex Borstein, and Rose McIver
>>
File: dacascos.jpg (20 KB, 333x500)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>pass on playing proto-Jason in Power Rangers
>yell ingredients at chefs for a job while fighting John Wick instead
Chad Dacascos vs Virgin ASJ
>>
>>20939824
>not Mark DaChadcos
>>
>>20939824
iirc wasn't he in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight?
he was also Nephew Kaga (and in a fuckton of direct-to-video action) too
>>
>>20939752
Counting the voice actors feels a bit different to me, since they aren't in the opening titles and don't have their faces publicly associated with the roll/show in the way the ranger actors do.
>>
>>20937420
People don't appreciate enough how well Melody played cyborg Astronema. It did really feel like they removed everything human about her with the reprogramming.
>>
>>20940028
As I'm rewatching PRiS, they do some neat stuff with the character — a great range of emotions, and she conveys that stunted life quite well at times.
>>
>>20934605
>Is ninja steel a good starting point?
No
Short answer, yes. Long answer, making Power Rangers is a unique job because it requires a ton of skills that are totally useless in every other field unless you were making an abridged series of some anime on YouTube. Because you're making a localization of another show, sometimes faithful, sometimes not, but you're still not really doing your own show because you still have to work around all the footage, costumes, props, and everything you don't have control over. And as a result, it's not a franchise welcoming to writers who want creative freedom or even writers who can handle tons of executive mandates. That's not to say creative writers can't work on PR, but it's a really narrow path for them if they do. Imagine all the greatest scriptwriters or directors you can think of right now, and I promise you they wouldn't know how to make Power Rangers in its current form because the process would be too frustrating for them.
>>
>>20937869
>I'm honestly surprised the comics haven't tried to do more with the Bulk and Skull Rangers

Not everyone needs to be or should be Rangers. It might be funny for a dream sequence, but not in an actual story.

Setting aside the funniness, they simply aren't worthy of being Rangers. They are horrible bullies with bad personalities.

It's like Star Wars. Not everyone should be a Jedi. Plenty of interesting exist characters who aren't Jedi. Too many Jedi makes it boring and uninteresting.

Bulk and Skill work because they AREN'T Power Rangers. They are separate from all that. They add spice to an otherwise bland show.
>>
>>20940124
>They are horrible bullies with bad personalities.
Until character development kicked in and they were quicker to lay down their lives than the actual fucking Power Rangers.

I wouldn't mind more of them as Rangers in some joke capacity like before, but not in any serious way.
>>
File: EVM4Zp8UUAAAe40.jpg (61 KB, 1140x846)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
Did they ever do anything with this woman? You think with the comics trying to make every character the most important person ever, you'd think they would do SOMETHING with her.
She's apparently Divatox's sister, I guess?
>>
>>20940211
Would it really have cost that much to let her interact with the Rangers instead of replaying the same old footage of her sitting in Zordon's tube? Her actress was already playing Divatox and interacting with the cast, so it couldn't have been that expensive to have Dimitria talk to the Rangers like a normal person.
>>
>>20940211
Eh....if they actually do explore that dumb Divatox retcon (and maybe someone else will retcon that) maybe they will confirm they are sisters
Rita's family and childhood has been explored front and back but Rito hasn't been shown oddly enough
>>
Does every comic PR villain need a tragic backstory? Why can't some villains just be naturally greedy and prefer evil?
>>
>>20940354
Zartus was literally based on Iago from Othello
No real tragic reason, dude's just a jealous asshole
>>
>>20940354
King Aradon
Garrison Vox
Psycho Green
Queen Adriyel
The Praetor
>>
>>20940354
Psycho Green killed his whole team out of greed for more power, anon.
>>
File: ep31_3.jpg (217 KB, 1920x1080)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
Andros, w-what are you looking at?
>>
>>20940523
The ground. We already know he only has bedroom eyes for his sister.
>>
>>20940527
Art emulates life it seems
>>
>>20940354
Can you really say that Drakkon had a tragic backstory?
>>
>>20940541
to JDF the idea that The Green Ranger wasn't the single most powerful thing forever is tragic
>>
>>20940541
He's basically what happens when an angsty teen gets everything he wants and lives out his dumb power fantasy. he never truly grows up or matures as a person
It's tragic in a sense but not sympathetic
I'm hoping the writer after Ryan takes his advice to never give the guy a redemption arc
>>
>>20940541
Kind of a bad example since his origin was played for sympathy. But otherwise no.
>>
>>20940635
I fear they were forced to mandate cuz "muh Tommy".

But at the same time I kinda love that Drakkon is an unintentional jab on Tommy and to an extent JDF ego.
>>
Please settle an argument I'm having with someone.

We are arguing about Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Specifically the transformed suits the Rangers have.

My friend says that the MMPR suits are dumb because they have the Morphers on their belts when transformed. She thinks the Morpher and power coin is vulnerable. She thinks it's a glaring weakness.

I say that when they are transformed, it's not their "real Morpher" . That it's just a placeholder. Like a cop that wears a badge. It's not a weak spot. It's just a symbol to represent who they are.

That It's probably just made of Morphin energy in the shape of a Morpher. If a monster would attack the Morpher, it would be just as hard as their helmets.

Who is correct?
>>
File: 1535380555905.jpg (3.79 MB, 1988x3056)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB JPG
>>20940765
The coin itself can be forcibly removed as seen in pic related but the suit does try to fight back and Drakkon is well, Drakkon
>>
>>20940775
Is that the actual power coin, or is that just a representation of one? You are telling me all the monster needs to do is hit the Ranger in the belt and it's over?

Because that makes no sense. Rangers that wear their Morphers on their arms like Time Force would be vulnerable everytime they block attacks with their arms. Their Morphers would get smashed.

Or Gold Ranger would be vulnerable if his staff got destroyed.

Or how about the dozens upon dozens of times the monsters hit the Rangers so hard that they de-morphed and their Ranger suits melted away? Does that mean their Morphers were destroyed by the attack?

Nope I don't buy it. Has to be another explanation.
>>
>>20940786
>You are telling me all the monster needs to do is hit the Ranger in the belt and it's over?
There's a difference between trying to break something through blows or blasts and actually forcing your way to pull something out
>>
>>20940788
>There's a difference between trying to break something through blows or blasts and actually forcing your way to pull something out
?????????

The coin is the power source so just hit the coin.
>>
Juspion crossover when?
>>
>>20940124
>Not everyone needs to be or should be Rangers. It might be funny for a dream sequence, but not in an actual story.
>Bulk and Skill work because they AREN'T Power Rangers. They are separate from all that. They add spice to an otherwise bland show.
Oh, sure, I'm well aware of all that. But Boom hasn't been able to let go of Drakkon and the Omegas since their debut, and I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Slayer, Solar, or Psycho Green, either. I'm not even saying I WANT Purple and Orange to become an ongoing thing, I'm just saying I'm surprised Boom hasn't tried to make them one.
>>
>>20940786
I'm pretty sure the Rangers have pulled out their Power Coins by reaching for their belt morphers on the show, too. It may be a similar thing to the Command Center, how no one can enter (normally) without a Power Coin. Maybe only Rangers and other similar Grid users can withdraw the Coins, but enemies like Goldar or monsters can't "access" them in the same way.
>>
>>20940786
>Nothing in the show nor other media proves your premise
>Is shown evidence of the contrary
>"Nope I don't buy it. Has to be another explanation."
I hate people like you.

>>20940786
>Or how about the dozens upon dozens of times the monsters hit the Rangers so hard that they de-morphed and their Ranger suits melted away? Does that mean their Morphers were destroyed by the attack?
Actually happened in SPD once.

>>20940765
>If a monster would attack the Morpher, it would be just as hard as their helmets.
>>20940796
>The coin is the power source so just hit the coin.
If we're gonna keep making up factoids about the show, why not make up one that makes sense and fits the parameters of the show. What's saying that they are the actual morphers and that they're super defended when they're morphed. You'd probably have to be pretty powerful to do anything to it, so it's not as simple as "hit the coin", which is how they could just have them out.
>>
>>20938075
there were more than a few occasions where tj and andros disagreed and the entire team sided with TJ while all andros could do was sulk about it.
>>
Power Rangers Unlimited: Countdown to Ruin #1 Preview
>>
>>20941145
>>
>>20941148
>>
>>20941153
>>
>>20941157
>>
>>20941162
>>
>>20941148
wtf is Zhane a fag now?
>>
>>20941162
>>20941166
I dislike when they try to retcon in "previous" generations of older Rangers. It's bad enough with MMPR. But now Space Rangers have a "previous generation" of Rangers ? It's strains credulity.

Not every single Ranger Power needs to be handed down. Some Ranger powers should be created and some should be destroyed in a Galactic war. Like a cycle of creation and destruction.

I don't need to see a previous generation of Zeo Rangers (that we never heard of before).

OR an see an older generation of Turbo Rangers (where we find out Zordon just stole the Turbo powers from a much smarter alien woman who created them. And that Zordon needs to apologize).
>>
>>20941166
A Black human woman and an Asian human woman? Talk about uncreative. Why don't we see some alien species as rangers instead? Why always boring humans?
>>
>>20941191
In fairness, it works for In Space since Andros was never said to have created either the morphers or the Megaship so they had to come from someone else.
>>
>>20941202
You do realize that the residents of KO-35 are just human looking aliens...right? Don't be a mong.
>>
>>20941191
>>20941206
I always figured they were gifts from Zordon, that's why the NASADA shuttle managed to combine with the Astro Megaship

And I figured that there had to have been previous Yellow, Pink, Black and Blue Rangers because why else would Andros have those morphers? But the idea that the whole team raised him and Zhane from childhood like this is... off
>>
Is Dino Fury done?
>>
>>20941214
>You do realize that the residents of KO-35 are just human looking aliens...right?
That has nothing to do with what I said.
>>
>>20941214
A meaningless distinction if they are functionally just humans.
>>
>>20941236
You said something factually incorrect, I corrected you. How are you not grasping that? Fuck, you must really be retarded.

>>20941240
Doesn't matter, it's still technically different.
>>
>>20941245
according to andros the are literally humans. just not humans from earth. star wars has "humans" too.
>>
>>20941234
No
>>
>>20941247
Humans with telekinetic abilities. That's different than a bog standard human.
>>
>>20941234
Nope, still the second half of season 2 to go. Hasbro are still refusing to tell us anything about the TV show.
>>
>>20941250
the spd ranger's abilities don't make them non-human
>>
>>20941248
>>20941252

Damn how many more slices are they going to cut into this pizza to make "more" slices?
>>
File: yes.jpg (11 KB, 128x204)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>20941253
>>
>>20941254
We've had mid-season hiatuses for ten years, not new.
>>
>>20941256
andros is a human with something extra. so is katie and others.
>>
>>20941202
We've seen that in the comics though

There's the Kiya and Yale the Blue Omega Rangers
The Orange Solar Ranger
Two of the Psycho Rangers
>>
>>20941258
>not new
I am aware it's still a pretty shit practice regardless if they have been doing it in the past.
>>
>>20941260
>>
>>20941258
>>20941263
it's a bit different with netflix. netflix is just choosing to do it just because. they didn't have to follow nickelodeon's example. not as bad as how they are handling stone ocean though.
>>
>>20941223
>I always figured they were gifts from Zordon, that's why the NASADA shuttle managed to combine with the Astro Megaship

Well... You aren't wrong. Zordon built was responsible for the Space Morphers, the Astro ship, the Mega Voyager, etc. They had that whole Zordon key card episode where they needed to gain access to Zordon's other space Zords.

>And I figured that there had to have been previous Yellow, Pink, Black and Blue Rangers because why else would Andros have those morphers? But the idea that the whole team raised him and Zhane from childhood like this is... off

I figured Zordon knew there would come a day where the Earth's Rangers would need to go in to space. That's why Zordon built the Mega Voyager, Space powers, etc. Earth was the training ground. But Space was eventually the goal.

The Turbo Powers were good enough for Earth but they were planetary powers only. The Turbo power source was based on Earth. Travel too far away from Earth and you lose your connection to the powers. Or perhaps the Turbo Morphers need to. Be periodically recharged at the Command Center.

I figured Zordon entrusted Andros with the Space Morphers and the Mega Ship years earlier, told Andros about his future plans, and let the Space Morphers be a backup plan in case Earth's Rangers are defeated.

The Turbo Rangers joining Andros was all part of Zordon's plan. It probably just happened a little sooner than expected.

Andros clearly had a prior relationship with Zordon. They were on a first name basis. Andros talked to Zordon like he was an old friend.
>>
>>20941267
Do we know for a fact what comes next?
>>
>>20941269
no
>>
>>20941245
Anon they are humans. Just not from Earth.
>>
>>20941214
>You do realize that the residents of KO-35 are just human looking aliens...right?

You have it backwards.

They are humans with some of them having additional alien powers (like Karone).
>>
>>20941286
Karone has powers?

I know Andros had telekinesis, even though they never actually did anything with that. Don't know if Zhane had any powers, I don't remember Karone having any.
>>
>>20941267
I'm hoping the hiatus is a Hasbro decision while they figure out what they want to do next year. Ideally, they'd release a new episode every two weeks throughout the year, taking a couple of short breaks during the summer and winter. We've seen the effect of dumping all the episodes at once on /prg/. Dino Fury is very rarely discussed outside of the week the episodes came out
>>
>>20941308
I think it's a generally accepted fan theory that all of Astronema's powers were Karone's just amplified by a lifetime of training and power from Dark Specter
>>
>>20941145
>BOOM! Studios, under license by Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS), today revealed an exclusive first look at POWER RANGERS UNLIMITED: COUNTDOWN TO RUIN #1, an exciting new one-shot adventure by highly acclaimed author Marguerite Bennett (Batwoman, M.O.M. Mother of Madness), rising star artists Anna Kekovsky Chandra and Giuseppe Cafaro, colorists Sara Antonellini, with color assistance from Sharon Marino, and Fabi Marques, and letterer Ed Dukeshire, presenting a brand new story that ties the past, present, and future of the Power Rangers together into an unforgettable saga that will have ramifications for all things Morphin across the galaxy . . .
>M.O.M. Mother of Madness
They couldn't use the worst thing she's ever been involved with?
>>
>>20941506
*have not used the worst
>>
>>20941506
Lol they aren't even mentioning Beyond the Grid
>>
>>20941511
If they were that embarrassed by it, they wouldn't have brought her in to cover what was blatantly originally McKinney's story
Granted, if Marguerite Bennett is the one replacing Ryan that's gonna be some real bullshit and ignorance
>>
>>20941314
Releasing episodes every two weeks sounds worse. Imagine waiting every two weeks just for what turns out to be another string of lukewarm MOTW episodes.
>>
>>20941314
Why would Netflix do that? PR isn't popular enough to warrant special treatment.
>>
>>20941202
The Supersonic Rangers were literally Xybrians
>>
>>20941260
>Two of the Psycho Rangers
I'm still mad they did this. They "humanwashed" the Psychos. They said on-screen in the show that the Psycho Monsters were their true forms. They were monsters who could morph into Rangers. Why couldn't they have gone through a redemption arc as the Psycho Monsters? Why did they have to be pretty humans/aliens in order to be good? It's not like "good monsters" don't exist - Doggie Cruger, Zenowing, Waspicable, Bookala, hell, even Ecliptor to a certain degree...
>>
>>20941166
>written by Marguerite Bennett
At this point I'm willing to bet interracial lesbians is to Bennett as black teenage girls are to Bendis.
>>
forget izzy, it's all about taylor's ass now
>>
>>20941886
You know that's probably a guy in that suit right?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.64 MB, 1440x1079)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
>>20941891
not in that particular scene. in that scene it was sakamoto's wife. she's shorter than the normal guy
https://youtu.be/YlQEkgnsp5Y?t=397
>>
File: 029.png (168 KB, 356x364)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
>>20941891
not like there are no amazing male asses though.
>>
https://twitter.com/Jinsakuu/status/1539311927825793024?t=b7vkcuV3p1tsFi6oPMkEcw&s=19
>New Morphin Sequence for season 30
>>
File: FV0HJQhWQAI2_s5.jpg (14 KB, 519x160)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>20941950
There's more
https://twitter.com/thepowerscoop/status/1539394513382391808/photo/1
>>
>>20942025
>-Fury
>'22

Yeah no.
>>
File: Action-Unit.png (1.68 MB, 2170x1464)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
>>20942030
It's not clear from the article where the screenshot comes from, but the date isn't actually an indication of air time, possibly it's a production thing.

Also, from the now deleted Alpha Stunts Instagram thing on the Morph planning, they (allegedly) wrote "In possession of Ryu (Dragon) they transform" in Japanese.
https://www.megapowerbrasil.com/2022/06/gravacoes-do-projeto-de-30-anos-de.html
>>
>>20942025
Kyuranger?
>>
>>20942025
>Cosmic Fury
As much as I'd like Kyuranger, is that really the best they could manage for a working title? But what if it's got that name because it's a direct sequel to Dino Fury? After defeating the Void Family, Zayto and Aiyon could leave Earth in search of Rafkon.
>>
>>20941843
We don't know how much of a influence she has on the plot
McKinney was originally the solicited writer and while it was claimed to have been a mistake, she still hinted it on social media with a gif of Andros morphing
>>
Say what you want about bandai and disney but atleast they were somewhat creative in some season titles. Ninja storm, SPD, Operation Overdrive, RPM. Two fury's in a row is kinda ass unless its a continuation from where DF leaves off.
>>
it should have been called dino knights
>>
>>
>>20942077
This. Cosmo Corps at least fits the idea of Kyuranger and I just popped that out in 5 seconds.
>>
>>20942117
yeah dino knights would've hit harder thematically. Hasbro was pretty dumb on that account.
>>
>>20942077
Maybe they keep the whole cast and add 6 more Rangers

It'd be easier to develop a full Kyuranger cast if half of them already have set personalities

Solon could even be Ryu Commander
>>
>>20942143
Except none of the current cast match up with the on-screen personalities of the Kyu colors, especially from a fight perspective. Gosei to Gokai wasn't great either but at least there were some small overlaps.
>>
>>20942122
"Cosmo Corps" is a tongue twister
>>
>>20942151
They could all switch colors
>>
>>20942174
I highly doubt Hasbro's going to be all for pulling a Super Megaforce especially given the ire surrounding that series to this day.
>>
File: FVzJf_cUEAIs9EQ.jpg (69 KB, 1170x731)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>20942077
>>20942122
We also don't 100% know if this means Kyuranger. You can theoretically turn other shows into a "cosmic" season.

There's also the open question of why have they only cast one actress (at least on the American side). If it was Kyuranger, that'd be especially weird.

This season has the biggest pre-production question marks than any we've seen before. I wonder if we'll hear any news out of Morphicon.
>>
>>20942250
Kyuranger only has one human female. Presumably suit character VAs wouldn't get an open audition like that
>>
>>20942250
Kyuranger also only had one female actress, since the pink was suit-only. Either could be a suit-only character again or maybe the above speculation about carrying on the current season's cast could be right.
>>
So they're continuing to adapt Sentai for kids rather than the Netflix more mature thing after all? That's a mistake, kids don't care about PR it's seen as a dated millenial thing. Should have gone all in on the manchildren.
>>
>>20942270
It's speculated 30 will be truncated and the last. But I also think there is room for both — particularly because the existing show is relatively cheap.
>>
>>20942270
30 is supposed to be the last, but so was Dino Fury, so who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if we get 2-3 more if the new universe is in development hell.
>>
>>20942270
The "Netflix more mature thing" was just baseless speculation in the first place.
>>
>>20942025
>Power Rangers [X] Force
>Power Rangers [X] Fury
Why are they doing this?
>>
>>20941055
Just because the old team disagreed with the leader doesn't make him not the leader.
>>
File: taylor2.jpg (110 KB, 956x1804)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>20941886
Taylor is an underrated QT.
>>
File: based on what.jpg (441 KB, 1280x720)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
>>20942281
Niggas keep saying this out of nothing but speculation.
>>
>>20942490
[X] Storm is next
Just kidding, this show isn't getting any more seasons after this
>>
>>20942107
Disney season is pretty creative in naming. The team title, morph calls (especially ones that rhyme) and their arsenal.

I still cringe how Beast Morphers put everything as Beast-X to the point where their upgrade being called Beast-X feels less special. Don't get me started on how Megazord names are just team titles. It's kinda a blessing that 'Gosei Great' Megazrod is the last truly unique name of the main megazords. FFS hire someone with more creative naming.
>>
>>20942551
"Beast Morphers" was pretty weird. Like, "Morpher" in that context means the Rangers, right? I think they just needed a cool word in the title to compliment "Beast".

"Grid Brigade" would have worked great in the context of the show and source material, but probably less marketable, which is the other game they have to play unfortunately.
>>
>>20942656
I still wish they use "Buster". Although "Grid Busters" would imply they attack the Grid instead of being empowered by it.
>>
>>20942656
>Brigade
Only old people and history books use this word
>>
>>20942495
it was written a lot more realistically tha cole suddenly becomine the leader in wilfd force just because he's red. The team doesn't know andros so of course he doesn't really try barking orders at them as he wouldn't get away with it. and it's only later on that he has tj's respect. What i saw was andros prefered to do his own thing anyway.
>>
So which Ranger will be the next criminal?
>>
>>20944005
JDF does an exhibition fight at some con for charity/tax write-off and finds out that county has particularly strict boxing/wrestling licensing restrictions
>>
>>20944005
Michael Copon?
>>
>>20944137
This is the smart answer
>>
File: cosmic fury.jpg (244 KB, 1440x810)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
Are you ready?
>>
>>20944262
12 rangers in a shorter season would be very funny
>>
>>20944262
>thinking it'll be Kyruranger just bc the title is allegedly "Cosmic"
Power Rangers is not limited by the theme of the Sentai. Look at In Space and Lost Galaxy for the obvious examples.
>>
>>20944262
If they turn the green ranger into a dyke I'm not going to watch
>>
>>20944389
That was back when they had a budget. The only recent PR that ever dramatically went against its Sentai theming was RPM.
>>
>>20944462
>That was back when they had a budget
PR has never "had a budget" tbf
>>
>>20944389
Megaranger actually had spaceship mecha even if they didn't do much. Kiramager has crystal Earth vehicles which would clash very badly with space. And the Zords are the main sellers. I know PR has occasionally done some original CG Zord footage but when was the last time they brought the suits over to film original long Megazord vs monster battles? They usually rely heavily on Sentai for that, even in RPM (which basically required them to butcher most of the fights, though they weren't missing much because most Goonger mech fights were stupid)

Their only options are Kyuranger or Kirameiger. They can't do Lupin vs Pat because nobody likes cops anymore and they can't have the heroes stealing things, they won't do Zyouhger because they don't think the cheap looking ranger suits and block style mecha would be popular with kids and Zenkaiger looks too weird. And they're clearly not doing Toquger when they already used part of it in Dino Fury (and that heavily relies on jokes involving the Japanese rail system which US kids won't get)
>>
File: 1533230633537.png (940 KB, 1280x720)
940 KB
940 KB PNG
>>20944262
>>
>>20944597
Zyuohger is still the best choice imo.
>they think block style mecha wouldn't be popular
Who thinks this? Have they not heard of Minecraft?
>>
>>20942025
Why not zodiac´s Fury or Constellation Patrol, etc.
>>
>>20944536
well there was a massive gap between california production and NZ production. which is why things like sound design and production design instantly fell off a cliff with ninja storm.
>>
>>20944719
Anyone who thinks
>zyuohger = minecraft
should be pushed out of a plane and then shot
>>
>>20944262
Cyan will 100% be turned into a little girl. Easiest ranger to genderbend of the men.
>>
>>20944459
>I'm not going to watch the preschool show
Okay.
>>
>>20944262
>ready for a season that most of us won't bother to watch until it's already over, then we'll find it's mediocre or kinda good like Jungle Fury
>>
>>20944844
>should be pushed out of a plane and then shot

But then you can't fly so good
>>
Watch we're all being played and they're actually tapping one of the long unused Sentai's from the 80s like Changeman.
>>
>>20944916
Please don't be so willfully retarded, anon.
>>
>>20944920
It's a joke, anon. No sane anon would believe they'd adapt an 80s Sentai.
>>
>>20944923
That's exactly why they'd do it! Don't you see! It all makes sense now!
>>
>>20944719
>Who thinks this? Have they not heard of Minecraft?

And this is why you shouldn't be involved in planning. Your analysis is so unbelievably shallow and weak.

Just because it vaguely resembles minecraft does not mean it will be successful.

Basing your entire argument around is so bad.
>>
>>20944923
Is there a single possible benefit to adapting an 80s Sentai? All the losses are obvious.
>no HD Sentai footage to work with
>most of the props and monster costumes are long gone and you have to rebuild them all from scratch
>you end up advertising 40-year-old toys to children
>>
>>20944262
yellow will be gay and silver will be a robosexual
>>
What are your thoughts on Jungle Fury?
>>
>>20944968
>>no HD Sentai footage to work with
I'm sure the HD footage exists. Everything was shot on film in those days. The raw footage is probably sitting in a storage room somewhere deep.

Japanese are probably lazy though and you would need to pay them a shitton of money for them to dig it up for you.
>>
>>20945065
>Everything was shot on film in those days.
So was Zyuranger, and that didn't stop the footage cuts in MMPR from looking janky.
>>
>>20944848
It'd be fun if Silver was genderbent

Have we ever had a female Ranger go evil temporarily like that?
>>
>>20945059
Incredibly based show.
>>
>>20944833
This is also true. Shame they moved, even if some of the NZ locations are great.
>>
why do alpha stunts keep leaking stuff by posting their shit on instagram? are they too esl to understand guidelines and practices?
>>
File: Kiramazin.png (556 KB, 751x424)
556 KB
556 KB PNG
Kiramazin looks marketable.
>>
>>20944729
>zodiac´s Fury
You want a show about Ted Cruz in spandex killing a bunch of people?
>>
>>20945631
Who cares, unless you're Hasbro.

This is the only "leak" I can recall, unless I'm mistaken, and there wasn't anything too discernible in that post anyhow. Most of the time they've been posting behind the scenes stuff, which honestly has been great to finally see.
>>
>>20945674
they listed a bunch of characters that hadn't appeared yet in the stunt role credits. and that's only what they didn't delete. a bunch of set photos that technically contained spoilers have been getting posted and eventually deleted even by individual stunties. the ones that remain up are the photos by people that don't actually work on the show.
>>
>>20945059
I'd put it above Mystic Force and Operation Overdrive, just comparing it to Disney seasons. It's pretty good but let down by the Megazord parts. Also disappointing that Jarrod and Camille couldn't form a Megazord with RJ and the shark Zord, so we could have had three 4-piece Megazords and the Rhino Steel Zord taking on Dai Shi in the finale.
>>
>>20945632
they mainly just need to make the yellow arm not shriveled in the toy
>>
>>20944968
Some of the designs are probably better than the few modern shows they've got left and they need to do most of their footage from scratch anyway, and since Hasbro is running things they'll probably want to make their own toys rather than 40 year old Bandai molds they probably don't have anymore anyway.

It's still a bad idea, but if they're desperate enough.....
>>
>>20945631
I wouldn't be surprise if the thinking is so old fashioned they forget to NDA them because they're used to nobody caring about stuntpeople and no social media to leak stuff.
>>
>>20942048
>>20942077
>>20942250
Might be a retooled Kiramager.
>>
>>20946261
How do you make that work? None of the designs exactly scream "cosmic" unless you really force it. This isn't the 90s any more.
>>
What if they just mashed together different sentai together
>>
>>20946264
All the mecha are from space so they could fudge it
>>20946336
I'm thinking something like this would be neat, especially if this is the final "regular" season
>>
>>20945141
>So was Zyuranger, and that didn't stop the footage cuts in MMPR from looking janky.

What do you mean. Toei didn't send Saban video editors the zyuranger HD footage. Toei sent Saban video editors copies of low quality Non-HD video tapes.
>>
>>20946261
I suppose so. Turning the crystals into meteorites isn't too much of a reach.
>>
>>20946336
Unless they want to go back decades to stuff from 40 years ago that they probably don't have workable suits for anymore their only options are Kyuranger Kirameiger and maybe Zenkaiger if they fudge it since they said they won't use Zyouhger or Lupin vs Pat because they don't like the look of the designs for the former and can't market cops vs robbers to kids anymore.

If they were gonna mix and match that rumor of Zenkaiser as the lead teaming up with many guest star old rangers would be the better option than cramming those three shows together
>>
>>20946336
Honestly, given how they mashed Noir into Dino Fury, I could see them trying to kitbash Kyu's suits with the Dethgaliens instead of Jark Matter since they have much more of a "alien" aesthetic.
>>
>>20946345
In Kiramager they're from """space""" but only in the sense that the gems are from space. The red ranger creates the mecha on earth. There's nothing space-y about them. That's hardly enough to signal space themeing in the title.
>>
>>20946639
They don’t have to follow what juru and kiramager did exactly but I could see hasbro want to use it since the mechas are cool. I still personally think it’s going to be kyuranger tho
>>
>>20946261
>>20946402
>Last major season before the new direction is Turbo in Soace

>>20946639
There's nothing inherently alien about the Alien Rangers suits, but they still managed to make aliens out of ninjas. People tend to forget they can call things whatever they want if they have enough leeway to do so.
>>
>>20946690
I still can't fathom why they tried to mash in the Kakuranger footage that late into the series.
>>
>>20946699
The actors needed a break for some reason so they turned them into kids and then brought in replacements. And Kakuranger was kind of the only option at the moment since they were using the mech footage anyway
>>
>>20946699
Holy shit, how did I miss watching Alien Rangers as a kid?
>>
>>20946699
To sell toys
>>
File: androslcturnaround.jpg (304 KB, 2475x1225)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
Okay, so what are the odds Hasbro did mandate Andros to be in his disguise form in the comics right now to shill this toy?
>>
>>20946749
I'd say more than 50% likely.
>>
>>20944833
I found it funny that they move to NZ for being cheaper yet Disney seasons have bajillion explosions more than post-Zordon which is is practically peak PR imo.
>>
>>20946690
It was retarded to make them aliens in the 90s and its even more retarded now. Don't use the Alien Rangers as a good example of how to adapt Sentai.
>>
HE'S GONNA SNAP
https://twitter.com/Pookina1/status/1540094038291775488
>>
>>20947007
How long before he gives up the ghost?
>>
>>20944262
Ready for actual action figures of some of the best suits in the franchise? Hell yeah. Only reason I want this show adapted. I got the Japanese mechs and changer.
>>
>>20947007
So how many show-related questions and suggestions have been posted in response to this tweet?
>>
>>20946980
Man even as a kid who skipped Alien Rangers and got my first exposure of them through COuntdown to Destruction my thought was "Who are those NINJA Rangers?"

Much as I it stupid, I remember someone told that PR lowkey established that ninjas came from outer space, which is why we got alien ninjas and Nexus Prism that travels through space. As stupid as it sounds, I kinda see it.
>>
>>20946980
It wasn't meant to be a good example, just an example to show they'll change things to suit their needs if necessary, even if it's not.
See also: Beast Morpher's Wrecker Zord "Mantis".
>>
>>20947178
It's surprising how they couldn't be bother to classify two beetle species. Even Ninja Storm did this with Crimson being called Insect while Navy is Bettle.
>>
>>20947178
>>20947185
Or how the very obvious Dragon in Lost Galaxy became a Condor. With arms.
>>
>>20947250
It's a Falcon, it's name is literally Gingalcon.
>>
>>20947007
Bennett's about to realise just how autistic this fandom can be. This post didn't answer any of their questions so they'll keep asking.
>>
>>20947114
>Much as I it stupid, I remember someone told that PR lowkey established that ninjas came from outer space, which is why we got alien ninjas and Nexus Prism that travels through space. As stupid as it sounds, I kinda see it.
Remember when Lothor got banished from the Wind Academy and Earth and went to space to recruit a bunch of Evil space ninjas?
>>
>>20947007
When will PR creatives understand you should not under any circumstances get involved in fandom spaces
>>
File: FU4PLT0aIAAluwe.jpg (1.46 MB, 1600x1214)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
>MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #100
>A legacy that began in Go Go Power Rangers finally converges here as CHARGE TO 100 reaches its milestone issue-and kicks off brand new beginnings!
>Rangers fans will not want to miss Ryan Parrott's FINAL issue on the main series, joined by a superstar lineup of returning artists including Dan Mora, Marco Renna, Moisés Hidalgo, Hendry Prasetya, Daniele Di Nicuolo, Eleonora Carlini, Francesco Mortarino, and Miguel Mercado!
>News of a deadly threat reaches the team-one that threatens every Ranger and Earth, and even a home long since destroyed.
>As the climactic battle against unspeakable enemies unfolds, the lines between friend and foe blur, and difficult decisions await even the strongest of Rangers.
>The epic culmination of a story years in the making!
>In the spirit of fan favorite issues like the landmark X-Force #1, each copy of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #100 also contains 1 of 10 collectible trading cards, with art by Kris Anka, and designs by Dylan Todd, featuring your favorite Rangers and villains and an exclusive art print!
>>
>>20946261
Doesn't have 2 females? Green and pink.
>>
File: 1614094826161.png (377 KB, 540x800)
377 KB
377 KB PNG
>>20944262
yes
>>20944995
fine by me
>>
File: Mighty-Morphinism-Ninjor.jpg (144 KB, 1080x1350)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>20947114
>>20947545
Ahem.
>>
>>20947561
You still have to get involved with the fandom in some capacity to give them an understanding of why the show does what it does, how things happen, etc. Otherwise, you end up being another Tzachor who the PR fandom still throws shit on because he's too reclusive to explain his side of things in an interview and letting fans create their own headcanons for why Samurai and Megaforce became the seasons they are.
>>
>>20948432
Or you can regularly release behind the scenes videos and featurettes. Don't know why the show doesn't do that already.
>>
>>20946368
So why would Toei give them HD footage of Changeman, footage they haven't used themselves for a Changeman blu-ray, if Hasbro wanted to make a Changeman adaptation?
>>
>>20946368
Shot on film doesn’t mean mastered on film. There might have been effects done with video.
>>
>>20948658
Yeah, no amount of upscaling will make this look like it's a brand new show to little kids' eyes.
https://youtu.be/0FXhzOdrZkI
>>
>>20947843
>>In the spirit of fan favorite issues like the landmark X-Force #1, each copy of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #100 also contains 1 of 10 collectible trading cards, with art by Kris Anka, and designs by Dylan Todd, featuring your favorite Rangers and villains and an exclusive art print!

They really want to ape 90s Marvel so bad. In this case, I have no qualms with it.
>>
>>20948724
I can't tell if it's better or worse than variant spam
>>
>>20945065
>Everything was shot on film in those days.
Have you watched Changeman, or any Sentai? Their film stock was shit, and they only started getting better around Timeranger.
>>
Where can I buy a decent Thunder Megazord that's not a gorillion dollars?
>>
>>20948658
>Shot on film doesn’t mean mastered on film. There might have been effects done with video.

Even taking that into consideration, it would still be incredibly easier to remaster older Sentai compared to newer stuff. The old sentai was mostly practical effects shot on film.

If the film elements still exist which means it would be trivial to rescan them at higher resolution, and edit them back together. 90% of the episode would be easy to re-edit.

The only issue would be whether the special effects like "laser blasts" and Japanese morphing sequences in episodes were shot on film. If not, they could probably be faithfully recreate the effects using computers.

Compared to something like Kamen Rider Kuuga which shot on tape (AND used really primitive budget graphics), older Sentai is at least possible to remaster.
>>
>>20948943
Ask the /toy/ general
>>
>>20948993
>older Sentai is at least possible to remaster.
Yeah, but if it were easy to do, Toei would have released plenty of Showa-era Sentai blu-rays by now.
>>
>>20944844
That's not the point. "Blocks = Bad" is not a good reason to not adapt it. Bc blocks are popular as fuck.
>>20944941
I'm not basing my whole argument around Minecraft, look at the post I was replying to.
>they won't do Zyouhger because they don't think the cheap looking ranger suits and block style mecha would be popular with kids
This is wrong bc blocks are in right now. e.g. Minecraft.
>>
>>20949056
>Yeah, but if it were easy to do, Toei would have released plenty of Showa-era Sentai blu-rays by now.
Eh... Japanese are very old fashioned and somewhat lazy. I'm sure some Executive somewhere in Toei thought it would profitable and said no. So the project never goes anywhere. I've seen it happen so many times with Japanese companies. Extremely old fashioned and unwilling to try. Only tiny incremental steps are allowed. And even then you have to fight for that.
>>
>>20949061
>in Toei thought it would profitable and said no.
Wouldn't *
>>
>>20948993
I don't know. HD or 4K versions of old movies still look like old movies. Great-looking old movies, but nobody's fooled into thinking a 4K remaster of The Godfather was a movie that just came out a few years ago.
>>
why the fuck are we even talking about this
hasbro is not gonna adapt showa sentai LMAO
>>
>>20948943
Mercari, or a show accurate one on Yahoo Jp
>>
>>20948943
Depends what’s a gorillion dollars to you, anything pre Rpm is gonna run you 100 each complete, pre wildforce maybe more if you stay only on eBay/Mercari.
Zordon era shit is wild look at the prices on turbo megazord.
>>
>>20946336
That’s most likely the case, probably a mix of kira footage as a zeo connection, kyu as an in space nod and a modded zenkaiser suit for the anniversary part along with whoever’s shows up mmpr wise.
First half is kira footage then second zenkaiser suit/mmpr and kyuranger suits show up? Seems plausible
>>
>>20947019
>ready for action figures
>implying hasbro actually makes toys for the current season
I'll believe it when they show us the missing half of the Dino Fury toyline
>>
>>20949060
>This is wrong bc blocks are in right now. e.g. Minecraft.
You are mistaken. Blocks are not in. MINECRAFT is in.

You are like the parent that buys their child megablocs when they specifically asked for Legos. Then shrug when your kid gets annoyed and you say "they are all blocks right? So what?"
>>
>>20949171
Yeah the fact that Hasbro seems like it couldn't care less about the recent shows in favor of milking nostalgia makes me wonder why they're even bothering with a new season. Just remaster the old shows (or make your own reboot) and make your own toys off of those. Kids don't care for PR anymore anyway the fanbase is entirely grown ass men. So just embrace it. If they're hoping that they'll trigger another PR boom like in the 90s with new kids who won't question anything and they can ditch the old whiny manchild fanbase in favor of easily please kids....well they're delusional.
>>
>>20949104
>HD or 4K versions of old movies still look like old movies. Great-looking old movies, but nobody's fooled into thinking a 4K remaster of The Godfather was a movie that just came out a few years ago.

I think we are talking about 2 different things. Someone was asking about the benefits to remastering old sentai series/power ranger series. I'm saying HD quality footage would look very good and potentially could be a selling point.

Streaming platforms actually require HD now. That's what happened with HBO Max streaming and Babylon 5. No one though Warner Bros would remaster such an old show. But HBO said they wouldn't air it unless it was HD. So Warner actually went into their archives and dug up from HD footage, scanned it, and Remastered the show so they could sell it to streaming services.

You are talking about people seeing the differenxe between Japanese HD footage and American HD footage. ZyuRanger/MMPR was shot on film in both Japan and America. Can you tell difference? Sure. Remastering isn't meant to fix that. Although you could probably match the footage a lot better with modern computer technology.

But ultimately, the reason the American footage looks different has to do with the Cinematography. As in Camera angles, and lighting used. They aren't the same.

But would it matter? I would say no. I think PR and Sentai fans would welcome an HD remaster of their shows. However Toei is pretty lazy and I dont see them doing it unless you throw money at them.

Or maybe if Hasbro, Netflix, or Amazon makes it happen. Someone has gotta pay for it.
>>
>>20949187
I don't think we'll get another PR boom like in the 1990s. That was a once in a lifetime lightning strike thanlt made billions. But I do see the franchise having growing popularity if handled with care.

Someone mentioned a few threads back that their family member used to watch Power Rangers, but only a short time later, the kid grew out of it. The kid even called the Power Rangers a baby's show.

I think that a problem is that modern Power Rangers doesn't grow with the audience. The writing is pretty immature (even for power Rangers), and every season is a new cast/new reboot. The audience can't grow with the characters.

Remember there are people who stood by and watched PR from MMPR all the way to Power Rangers in Space. Fans grew with the characters. New PR doesn't have that.
>>
>>20949171
They made the basic figures and that's all I care about.
>>
>>20949219
At the same time, is there any live-action action focused series for that demographic other than PR at this point? It's a niche that can be easily filled and made viable. The real problem is that Hasbro doesn't know whether to go all in on the kids or the adult children and keeps trying to play tug of war between them, pleasing no one.
>>
>>20949234
>is there any live-action action focused series for that demographic other than PR at this point?
There's this thing called Marvel.
>>
>>20949252
>>20949234
Yeah, the MCU (more or less) is identical to Power Rangers/toku.
>>
>>20949060
>I'm not basing my whole argument around Minecraft
>This is wrong bc blocks are in right now. e.g. Minecraft.
>>
>>20949439
Except MCU lacks poses and giant robots for the sake of cool factor.
>>
>>20949483
Giant Robots aren't cool with kids anymore.
>>
>>20949219
I think alot of it is referencing and guest appearing older stuff rather PR's original take of just replacing the team's powers with the next years Sentai and never bringing up the old stuff again. If they kept the same team and just destroyed and replaced their powers every year then you'd get to the point where characters have 3 or 4 different Ranger identities which clashes with the modern take of most having one that they always have in later appearences. Back in the early few years it didn't matter because they had no idea how long this would last and any season could have just been the end of it forever the fad died like Pogs and nobody would even remember PR 10 years down the line. Now it's kind of an expected thing that these franchises will last well into the future, even if the show actually stops for a while it will be rebooted at some point.

It's just a different world as far as franchises go.
>>
How long does the rights contract even last for PR? It can't last forever, they'll have to reup it at some point and I don't think Toei will be particularly in a negotiable mood to them after Saban fucked them by selling the PR rights to one of their partner's competitors so they no longer get any profit out of it.
>>
>>20948943
get lucky with garage sales, they're pretty common minus the swords
>>
>>20948943
Speaking of, what happened to the Metal Power Thunder Megazord?

Here I am hoping the line would be a success so we'd get more SRC Megazord replacements/successors.
>>
>>20949778
I'm confused at what argument you're making. "Power Rangers" trademark is owned by Hasbro presumably in perpetuity. Toei, however, has some level of ownership by virtue of designs and episode footage — and Hasbro can't, you know, cancel this because they need Zyuranger (etc) designs for toys and comics. Toei makes money off of it for doing nothing. Bandai Namco "lost" the toyline for PR, but there's not much they can do about that. Especially years down the line.
A lot of PR/SS fans think there's some kind of "rivalry" or resentment, but the reality is they all make money so they don't care. Neither Toei not Hasbro have the incentive to "break", and they likely can't b/c of co-ownership. It's why Disney got out years ago — they didn't unilaterally control the IP.
>>
>>20949183
Hasbro's intended target audience doesnt care about the difference, and neither does Hasbro. Blocks is all they see. You guys are missing what I'm saying. I know Zyuohger isn't fucking minecraft. Stop being autistic and think about it from an executive's standpoint.
>>
File: bill.jpg (48 KB, 736x552)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>20949475
Retard
>>
File: mcu-posing-1.gif (3.98 MB, 498x498)
3.98 MB
3.98 MB GIF
>>20949483
>MCU lacks poses
>>
File: mcu-posing-2.gif (3.92 MB, 498x331)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB GIF
>>20949483
>>20950059
>>
>>20949984
>Hasbro's intended target audience doesnt care about the difference,
If they didn't, you'd see all sorts of toy companies shill blocks and do well. But we don't see that. For someone thinking about it from an executive's standpoint, you fail to realize kids aren't stupid enough to consoom bootlegs and ripoffs. Why do you think none of the Pokemon ripoffs did as well as Pokemon even though all the kids see are the monsters?
>>
>>20949832
>A lot of PR/SS fans think there's some kind of "rivalry" or resentment, but the reality is they all make money so they don't care.

Oh they do care. At least the Japanese do. Few years ago an anon linked to several interviews from 1990s.

Toei Executives talk about how they don't understand why the world accepts Power Rangers, and not Super Sentai. He sounded resentful. That it was Toei's dream for Sentai to spread across the world. But he doesn't view Power Rangers as successfully completing that dream.
>>
>>20950151
>But he doesn't view Power Rangers as successfully completing that dream.
He's sort of right. While PR kept going for decades, it was only hugely popular for a couple or so years.
>>
File: 1655225895557.jpg (34 KB, 600x531)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>20936609
>>20937869
Peanut Butter and Jelly Rangers
>>
>>20950171
Yet Super Sentai never even came close to the level of Power Rangers
>>
>>20950151
>Toei Executives talk about how they don't understand why the world accepts Power Rangers, and not Super Sentai. He sounded resentful. That it was Toei's dream for Sentai to spread across the world. But he doesn't view Power Rangers as successfully completing that dream.
I imagine that more people around the world speak English than they do Japanese, so that probably helps. I know Power Rangers is also usually dubbed into other languages, but is Sentai? Also, in the process of editing Sentai into PR, PR usually tends to trim the Way Too Weird stuff out of the show while leaving the Just Weird Enough stuff (which makes PR more quirky than outright "WTF?"), so that likely plays a role as well.
>>
>>20950246
Sentai actually was dubbed in countries that actually do that (Ie not the US) well before Power Rangers was a thing and it was very well received in countries like Brazil France and the Phillapines. To the point where Bioman was so popular in France that one of the tv show hosts of the block that aired it guest stared on Liveman.

Once Power Rangers became a thing an they had international rights to all Sentai stuff that ended but Power Rangers wasn't quite as big in many of those countries than Sentai was at it's high points there.

A very Southeast Asian countries though just dub Sentai and call it Power Rangers.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.39 MB, 500x269)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB GIF
>>20950059
>>20950066
That's an exception anon, and she joked about how silly she looked. That said you reminded me on that there was some posing in DC.

>>20949753
>Giant Robots aren't cool with kids anymore.
What about the Transformers movies or dd kids don't care about them?
>>
>>20950295
>kids
I don't think they had kids in mind when they wrote this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUq0HlMvQw0
>>
>>20950295
>That's an exception anon, and she joked about how silly she looked.
She was making fun of how Natasha strikes sexy badass poses in literally every movie she's in.
>>
>>20950328
Everyone does it, even outside the MCU.
https://youtu.be/B-0MhcJAiu0
>>
>>20950328
That's what I was getting at, only Black Widow did it and it's a landing pose, like with Iron Man, not like a pose when doing a finishing move or something.

>>20950298
Eh, kids watched Robocop, Aliens and Predator back then and they didn't have kids in mind when they wrote them.
>>
>>20950295
>What about the Transformers movies or dd kids don't care about them?

Not really, Bayformers films were more for older fans to make it cool and mature so they weren't embarassed about being really into a toy franchise from 20 years ago. There are kid related TF stuff but they're mostly stuff like Rescue bots and the like that focus on kid friendly robots as opposed to the cool ones.

Much like Power Rangers, Hasbro checked the numbers with TF and found that while some kids are into it the majority of their audience are grown adults nostalgic for their childhood and most actual kids these days see it as a dated Millenial thing.
>>
>>20950246
As the others mentioned you’re a fool to believe foreign television is somehow less weird than Japanese media. The stuff Power Rangers removed is for North American sensibilities because the rest of the world had tokusatsu for a long time. What Power Rangers has going for it is the Hollywood mystique that made middling action shows like Airwolf and Street Hawk bigger hits overseas, and also the power of American media distribution. The US is a big exporter of pop culture in part because they paid to get exclusive rights to everything they could afford.
>>
The Boom solicits for September aren't showing anything that we haven't already seen

They're reprinting some of the earlier issues with new covers
>>
>>20950642
>>
>>20950649
>>
>>20950657
>>
>>20950669
>>
>>20950642
An Amazon listing shows the ongoing will be merged back to MMPR after Issue 100
Good fucking luck making this not confusing
>>
>>20950448
Also because Entertainment is one of the biggest exports of North America we're all used to anything most people care about being made locally so out of country tv shows were considered "Weird"

By contrast most other countries are used to seeing foreign media dubbed in their language because that's how Hollywood movies come out there so there's little difference in a dub of japanese Toku vs a dub of the Avengers beyond the production quality.

That stigma is slowly dying thanks to popularity of Korean streaming shows like Squid game but it's a little too late for Toku
>>
>>20950889
>but it's a little too late for Toku
Ironically, PR may have started that stigma worldwide. Might be what that Toei businessman means by sounding resentful. PR became the most prominent form of toku worldwide for a while, and as a result, toku looked really lame to older audiences. Think how much Superfriends ruined Aquaman's reputation, but on a bigger scale. You couldn't pitch a toku-style show to a major studio without getting "That looks like Power Rangers!", and they won't mean that as a compliment.
>>
>>20950295
Lol that person is literally a groomer and has kidnapped a mother and child on their weed farm.
>>
>>20951043
>on their weed farm.
South Park parody in 3, 2, 1.....
>>
File: 1648104849850.png (140 KB, 680x680)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>>20949111
HFS this aged like wine
>>
>>20949832
>It's why Disney got out years ago — they didn't unilaterally control the IP.
Same reason why Hasbro dumped it on Netflix with zero promotion and they rarely talk it about in their sales reports. It's an IP where they don't have a say what the toys look like, so it will never be as important to them as Transformers or the horse show.
>>
>>20951142
Then why did they buy it?
>>
>>20951171
The guy who bought it was bros with Haim, and now he's dead. And now Hasbro doesn't know why they bought it.
>>
>>20951178
Never buy shit from old people. It always ends up busted or already was busted. Just some live advice, boys.
>>
>>20951178
Well I doubt Haim will buy it back yet again. Either they're stuck with it or they sell it back to Toei.
>>
>>20951178
Saban is such a brilliant huckster, I'm in awe of how craven and ruthless he is.
>>
>>20951237
But he's not good at hiding it, or else Saban Entertainment would be side by side with Universal, WB, and Disney.
>>
>>20951251
You are correct in your main point (he's so openly a used car salesman), but those companies all have histories dating back to the 1920s. Saban Entertainment, even at its peak, had nothing like that going for it. Too reliant on other people's copyrights (Marvel and Toei). In the span of like 15 years, he hustled a bunch of licensing rights into a nearly $2 billion payout from Disney. That's some big business bullshit right there. Someone should write a book on the rapid rise of Saban Entertainment in the 90s.
>>
>>20951262
True, but how much of that was because he was at the right place at the right time? When anime localizations were still in their infancy and Toei which overseas partner to trust yet, low-budget kung fu shit was still something you could make easy money from, and Marvel was in such dire straits they'd take help from anybody? He fumbled the ball when he got it back in the 2010s.
>>
>>20951284
>Toei didn't know which overseas partner
>>
>>20950992
>"That looks like Power Rangers!", and they won't mean that as a compliment.
Hell one of the biggest criticism of Book of Boba Fett was the moped gang and it was negatively compared.

It also says something when It's Morbin Time is more likeable than PR itself at this rate.
>>
>>20951284
>He fumbled the ball when he got it back in the 2010s.
Did he? Spent 50 million buying PR rights back from Disney, lost an amount on the movie (though Lionsgate held part of that bag too), but then sold it all to Hasbro for 500 million.
How the fuck did he con Hasbro into spending half a billion on PR in 2018?
>>
>>20951361
>Did he?
If he didn't, Vortexx would have lasted a few more years at least, and the 3rd PR film would have come out either last year or this one.
>>
>>20950857
Poor Stone Canyon Trio
>>
>>20951369
He failed in his goals, yet still had a 10x ROI in 8 years despite accomplishing literally nothing. So a financial win, or at least a surrender where one still made a massive bag and conned someone else.
That must be why Jay Leno was in Beetleborgs, both are great snakes!
>>
I wish I could go back in time and tell myself not to get so excited for the Hasbro buyout.
>>
>>20951558
I can't get why anyone gets excited at any buyout. Even if the new creative team whipped up a great season, the reality sets in that we're all grown men watching Power Rangers, and we aren't getting any younger.
>>
>>20951576
What else are we gonna do until we die?
>>
>>20951602
Watch a show aimed at our age?
>>
>>20951624
Such as?
>>
>>20951624
If you don't have normal tastes by now you aren't going to get them. You aren't suddenly going to become fond of cop dramas and sportsball of a sudden sorry.
>>
>>20951373
That or the Omegas get an ongoing that's actually called Omega Rangers
>>
>>20951633
You can google "best TV shows of 2022" and pick the ones there that look interesting.
>>20951634
Eh, if you're the kind of person annoyed that Power Rangers hasn't been good in years, chances are you do have normal tastes but you just haven't found a show you like yet. TV's more than just cop dramas these days.
>>
>>20951644
I like Succession and Barry.
>>
>>20951644
What We Do in the Shadows' next season is coming out soon. I'm excited for that.
>>
I swear this is the only general on the fucking board where a chunk of the posters only want to shit on on the series and find excuses to talk about anything but that.
>>
>>20951655
We started in the Neo Saban era
Technically speaking, we are in a much better position than it was like 10 years ago and have actual content to discuss
Fuck it, we're in a better position right now compared to the Disney era aside from show quality
The news drought has been unbearable and even people who like the comics like me are cautious over who's taking over after Ryan
>>
>>20951655
What do you expect? The last well-regarded season came out 13 years ago. The Netflix model leads to months long droughts, and frankly, what are you supposed to say about Dino Fury?
>>
>>20951655
because there's barely anything to talk about aside from the comics and those make more sense on /co/
>>
>>20951670
>and those make more sense on /co/
Dude this is a Power Rangers general period and besides, /co/ fucking sucks for talking about comics
>>
>>20951655
What do you expect from a general for an essentially dead franchise being kept afloat by millennials with nostalgia brain rot?
>>
>>20951676
might as well just make new threads when issues come out then. there is nothing productive left to say on much else in this franchise to justify a general.
>>
>>20951680
>might as well just make new threads when issues come out then
Eh, storytimes died out when Beyond the Grid happened and PR doesn't have the same history as Transformers, TMNT, Sonic, etc in comics (especially back when /co/ used to be a good board for comics) to have an established fanbase on there for continuous discussion
>>
>>20951655
What else is there to say? Besides lesbians, Dino Fury doesn't offer much that we haven't already talked about for the last ten years. unless the show goes off the rails in the future, only thing that vaguely worth discussing is the next episode with Zedd's clone.
>>
>>20950295
>What about the Transformers movies
Do people still not realize the success of bayformers was entirely based on it's performance in China?
>>
>>20949985
Don't be mad you claimed to not base your whole argument about Minecraft and yet couldn't name even one more example of "blocks being in"
>>
>>20951658
> Fuck it, we're in a better position right now compared to the Disney era aside from show quality
Yeah, the future is uncertain but we're objectively in a (potential) better place than anytime since frankly before the Disney buyout: comics are quality, the kids show is on an upswing with a new generation behind it, and the Netflix production finally seems to be moving.
>>
>>20951178
You can't put a price on forever crippling one of your biggest toy rivals. American trademarks are a powerhouse of legal cockblocking.
>>
NEXT
>>20952342
>>20952342
>>20952342

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.