[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

AI generated edition.
>>
Previous Thread: >>20899301
>>
>>
File: 1drjgf.png (193 KB, 868x642)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
From the old leak. It seems like its another reboot? Which is fine by me.
>>
>>20923435
>Dune but with mecha
>>
>>20923479
>Its just frame gride now
Watch that fuckin dumbass from the last thread get BTFO by From.
>>
>>20923435
I hope blading is as fun as it is in AC1.
>>
>>20923605
>I hope blading is as easy as it is in AC1.
ftfy
>>
>>20923618
I don't mind difficulty. Something about AC1 blade weapons is just incredibly satisfying.
>>
>>20923653
Low cooldown, low drain and very high damage makes it an appealing choice. For some weird reason, the moonlight hits the hardest and also costs the least energy per slash.
Honestly, I suspect a no-blade run in oldgen is harder than a blade only one.
>>
>>20923653
>Something
Sound effects
>>
>>20923675
>the moonlight hits the hardest and also costs the least energy per slash
100% a kings field reference. It did the modt damage and had extremely fast stamina recharge in kings field
>>
>>20923390
The armored core in the top right reminds me of Noblesse Oblige and almost every other one looks like a crappy Aaliyah ripoff.
>>20923435
So does this more or less confirm the next game is going to be open world or was that just some wild guess from someone on here?
>>
File: 27pjyh(1).png (138 KB, 885x599)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>20923881
Well it says "massive three dimensional map" and "variety of maps" so open world seems like an aspect
>>
File: 1593835879057.jpg (364 KB, 893x1253)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
>>20923948
>multi-layered
Just imagine a 1:1 scale open world map of Layered. I really could go for something properly utilizing environmental verticality in gameplay, everything lately feels like a flat plane.
>>
>>20923435
unchecked and false
>>
>>20923986
An "open world" with the small, claustrophobic tunnels, busy city blocks and the absolutely gigantic self-contained biospheres? That'd be cool. Has any game, if mecha at all, ever done something like that?
>>
>>20923986
I think the multi-layered bit is just refrencing the previous screenshot that mentions Miyazakis "multi-layered Writing". Judging by the leaked screenshots the "three-dimensional" world might just be in refrence to the Arms Forts.
>>
>>20924002
The only one I played would be GTA V and it's a really large stretch. Mostly flat plane (mountains are basically just more flat plane at different angles and elevations, little gameplay is to be found there) and you can explore only with a squishy meat bag, glued to the surface wheeled steel coffin or exploding in a single hit flying coffins. Submarine was quite fun, but there's little to be found underwater aside from mission making you do rounds collecting shinies for points. Riding a mecha would make it all so much more fun. Weirdly enough, something like 5th gen ACs might work best, since without the option to just fuck off into the sky you'd be forced to make use of the environment, and environment itself is quite great and even somewhat varied. Just make it a bit more desolate and war torn looking, and you'd get something more in line with the feeling conveyed in V's trailer/intro cinematic.
>>
>>20924002
Rockman Legends and Steambot Chronicles come to mind
>>
>>20924002
>>20923948
>>20923881
FromSoft likes to iterate upon ideas and designs, I think we can all say they've had practice at this point to make a big map.
>>
>>20924072
This is true. The "variety of maps" might just mean the different biomes in the one large map.
>>
>>20924002
>mecha
Xenoblade Chronicles X
>non mecha
Shin Megami Tensei V
>>
Am I just a fool for trying to play the older games on PCSX2 with a keyboard and mouse
>>
>>20924162
>Keyboard AND mouse.
Yeah.
>just keyboard
Should be fine
>>
>>20924162
Yes, anon, yes you are. Not the WORST idea ever, but AC is a lotta buttons at once and even the most ebic gaymer mouse has limits. Pick up a cheap xsex or xbonx controller and plug it in.
>>
>>20924167
Ever since I was a kid I wondered if KB+M would be better than the awkward PS2 tank controls. It appears I am wrong...
>>20924166
>Doom keyboard-only input
oh god...
>>
File: g600.jpg (66 KB, 500x294)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>20924167
>even the most ebic gaymer mouse has limits
>>
>>20924175
The issue is emulating the button presses for the camera on a mouse is awful. Trust me ive done it before. Your best bet is to use the wasd for movement and the arrow keys for camera control
>>
File: ezgif-5-7410a77ce0.gif (704 KB, 320x240)
704 KB
704 KB GIF
I've run into a snag with hacking AC1, so I decided to take a look at two of the public demos that were available in Japan to unwind a bit before I go back to the final version.

Demo 1 is fascinating, clearly having been branched off early in the game's development. It presents the most differences from the final, mostly in AC handling and some aspects of weapon design. There's only a single available mission (Guard Freight Train, the mission with Boulder) though textures suggest that there may be a second functional mission present in the build.

There are some interesting differences to be found, such as Arm Weapon R value 04, the slot taken by the 'AR-1000' in the final. This early on, it is instead a slower firing but far stronger Rifle-type weapon with an absurdly enormous lock range, that lists an Attack Power of 1000 in the Garage. I can't say for certain whether or not that is accurate, but it made short work of Wildcat, only taking 6-7 shots.

More to come with further investigation. Perhaps pic related's body kick effect can be enabled in the final version... Might be interesting to see this weapon kinda sorta hacked back into the game when I can find the addresses for it.
>>
>>20924162
I did just that many years ago without any issues whatsoever. I remember uploading my lily config once back then, but I don't really think I can find it now. Anyhow, basic WASD+Q/E for strafing, proper mouse sensitivity settings for looking sideways and up/down, 2 macro buttons (or shift and ctrl) for switching weapons and hangers, MMB for EB/EO, and I'm maybe forgetting one or two more things to keep in mind but you can figure them out, you move through the horizontal menus with a mouse gesture for example. I think it's better than playing with a shitty non-original controller, if that's what you're stuck with.
>>
>>20924249
Tiny thing that may not be clear (and I have some trouble remembering myself too, I thought about it reading other replies): Q and E are to turn around, due to the way lilypad emulates the mouse inputs to the games it seems to me it's very hard to find a good balance with the mouse alone, and I found having it focused on vertical (less frequent than horizontal) aiming easier. Space was for jumping and boosting, of course, that'd a key you're going to rape.
>>
>>20924072
Too bad Elden Ring's open world is really shitty though. At this point I don't trust them if they're going ahead with it.
>>
>>20923948
>>20923881
>>20924072
I think it'll be like MGSV.
You have some kind of aircraft transporting you between a handful of big maps.
>>
>>20924265
Ah yes that seems plausible. Aerial AC transport is super common so i can see them using it like that
>>
The post-fight arena replay feature in Project Phantasma is insane. How the hell did they manage to do that way back in the day when modern games struggle to do something similar? It even lets you see the fight from three perspectives!
>>
>>20924365
Its just remembering inputs and making copies of the player and enemy AI redo them. Hell they even put their weapons down if you quit the replay mid fight. Same thing as an attract mode demo.
>>
>>20924365
>>20924382
it works the same way quake machinimas worked back in the day
sad that this is not more common in modern games
>>
>>20924382
Well it sure does remember inputs good. I love it. I can't wait to see how Master of Arena improved on AC1's foundation and Project Phantasma's refinements.
>>
File: 1649036376298.jpg (229 KB, 1918x1080)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>20924392
It's entirely because of lazy devs and bad priorities. Halo 3 had an insane theater mode and it was used a lot by the community.
Halo Infinite has no content no basic classic features, but of course it has MTX and women working on a big tutorial for the multiplayer (a fucking huge tutorial with unique NPCs with facial capture and an intro cutscene and shit)
Modern (western) AAA games are all about "wider audiences" anyway, even when they already had games selling 11 millions on one fucking platform like Halo.
>>
>>20924365
>>20924382
If I'm not mistaken, post race replay cutscenes in Racing Lagoon worked the same way. Maybe Gran Turismo too.
>>
>>20924443
Virtually all games that have a playback function are recording inputs. There's no reason to record video when you already have the simulation engine (the game) to rerun those commands.
>>
I think im gonna do this pulverizer 1 path legit then hack in OPI or some shit. Im not having fun with this one.
>>
File: Wildcat.png (686 B, 64x64)
686 B
686 B PNG
>>20924609
Yeah, Gran Turismo's worked the same way, too. If you mess with vehicle speeds during races or replays, the replay loses sync on everybody, even the AI cars won't behave properly.

Back on topic, here's Wildcat's emblem from Demo 1. I'm not sure if he keeps the same emblem or if it is redesigned later, but you can remake it in the emblem editor because it does fit the editor's 64x64 pixel size limit. Like a glove, in fact, considering how little of it you can see in-game.

Also, I have a random fact: You can convert real 0-248 RGB values to AC1-compatible format by dividing them by 8. The upper limit of each slider is 31, or 248. If you end up with decimal places, it is up to you whether you go higher or lower.
>>
>>20924226
God imagining this and stretching your fingers to boost and fire is painful.
>>
>>20924844
Best would be numpad or home/delete/end/pg down key areas. Plenty of auxiliary keys. Boost on space, fire on enter, blade/left arm on right shift, weapon switch could be left shit, extensions ctrl... I played MW4 like this as a kid.
>>
>>20924724
Well now I'm curious but I won't have time to check myself for a few days: does the Nexus version of Wildcat have an emblem?
>>
Playing entirely on KB sucks because unless you have a super gaymer KB, you're going to suffer from handy configs as keyboards have a threshold on hardware level on how many buttons they process, so advanced playstyle with moving diagonally, boosting, shooting from both arms and moving camera in 2 directions at the same time is out of the question
>>
>>20924900
I have an ancient Dell keyboard that is nothing special, it's like 10 years old, and even it has 6 key rollover independent of accessory keys like ctrl/shift/alt etc. YMMV I guess, test your keyboard, but that's perfectly fine for the first three AC generations.
>>
>>20924906
My "handy config" are all within letter and main number buttons, because small buttons require less time to be pressed reliably
>>
>>20923390
Is there any new mecha games that came out? Preferrably 3D and more in-line with AC's grittiness. Already tried shit like Project SIX and whatnot, just didn't feel right.

There's this guy on pixiv. Redhu, he's making MachineClad, a Verdict Day fangame. I've also been having some fun with MW5 Call to Arms.
>>
>>20924844
You'll be learning REALLY quickly about this thing called "N-key rollover"
>>
If the next Armored Core game is open world, what would you like to see? I think it’s be pretty cool if the Raven’s Neat acts as a sort of hub world where you can dismount your machine and walk around. You can also watch arena matches and place bets as another source of income.
>>
>>20925391
>visible pilots
NO. Aside from that having enterable locations would be neat. Like doing a mission at some outside base, then finding and destroying secret panels that open up the base so you can explore inside and do a secret mission.
>>
>>20925054
I won't be because I'm not looking that up lol
>>
>>20925407
>>20925391
You're overestimating From Software right now.
>>
>>20925391
Map big enough that you actually feel your mobility options rather than just have them as a means of evasion. It would also be nice to minimize corridor swabbing. I understand that AC is a sim and the bot is pretty fucking huge, AA remedied it in a lazy way that makes you question the practicality behind the engineering so it would take some savvy to make it comfortable yet believable. For example, instead of a plain series of corridors, create some sort of hive from collapsed megabuildings. Instead of a suspiciously AC sized hole in the ground, turn it into the husk of a bombed out shelter. Superstructures could also work, after all the setting will always be some form of corporate dystopia, ruin or not. The economy of scale would make 40k tier macro tankers, super trains and corporate enclaves easy to digest.
>>
>>20925391
I want Human Plus. I want it to take what DxM did with the cybernetic augmentation thing and run with it. By the time your dude is fully Plussed, he won't be able to leave his AC. That was DxM's biggest missed opportunity.
>>
Do all the third gen intro ACs get named? I remember running into some of them in Last raven's VR arena, but the red bots and the skinny guy from AC3, the shield guy and the cannon quad from SL, the shield biped from nexus and the quad from LR don't make cameos.
>>
>>20925410
It's the amount of keys you can press at the same time on your keyboard before it gives way and stops registering anything new.
>>
I have a confession to make
I played AC 1 gen on smartphone touchscreen controls
>>
>>20925543
So did I! I pretended I was a cop piloting a drone and altered my approach around my control limitations and I did ok.
>>
>>20925543
Was it fun? I've been using a gamepad and it's been so much fun. AC1 and Project Phantasma are the best games I've ever played.
>>
>>20925391
No pilot, no open world, no tutorial, no roll, no iframe, and absolutely nothing from Souls except maybe invasions
>>
>>20925581
A Fellow raven invading to steal your fuckin job would be hype. I'd be fine with a pilot though, honestly, as long as its just a Ravens Nest thing. Ideally it would be like GBO3 where you dont see the fuckers face ever, its always blacked out by the visor.
>>
>>20925553
It was fun, and speedy builds were even viable to play, but double-claw gripping needed to cover all non-pause buttons strains the hand too much if you don't take breaks

>>20925551
I had the same mindset playing Air/Ace Combat lol
>>
>>20925459
Man I remember people bitchmoaning about how implants would just fuck with your create-a-character with only an ominous warning to alert you of when an upgrade would affect your appearance. The fucking duality of /m/an right there.
>>
>>20925553
Hell yeah.
>>
>>20925599
The best part? You could totally just ignore the appearence changing eventually, cause they released cosmetic suits that just overlayed on top and made you look normal. It was hilarious.
>>
Speaking of Pilots, what do you think they look like? What kinda suits we goin for?
>>
>>20925770
If what Zinaida got on in LR intro is anything to go by, then fairly standard.
>>
File: Wildcat Nexus.png (36 KB, 185x185)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>20924885
Not on his AC that I can tell from Nexus footage, but according to the AC Wiki, he did get a new emblem for Nexus.

From. This is a wolf. Not a cat.
>>
>dont really like LR that much
>it has a ton of gen1 parts with even more in the portable version
I see why they did it since its the last classic game but i still dont like LR that much.
>>
Apparently in AC1 the AC takes minor damage if a train runs into it and shovels it away (accidentally found out in Guard Freight Train, mission with Wildcat, when I tried to harass the train after killing off all enemies)
>>
>>20925599
Damn, it's like different people have different opinions who would have though????
>>
Sadistic is a little missile and rocket spamming bitch, but I finally beat him. I'll be rank 1 in no time.
Project Phantasma is really, really, really fucking fun. I wish I had started playing Armored Core years ago.
>>
>>20925846
That's why Wildcat went crazy
>>
File: 1653480583329.png (155 KB, 512x724)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
>>20925846
Wildcat was piloted by Tamamo Cat, it all makes sense.
>>
>>20923618
wut? 3 gen is where the blading is easy
>>
>>20926075
I just want to hold her hands.
>>
File: Jester_Emblem.jpg (37 KB, 200x200)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>20926219
I'm afraid that's... impawssible
>>
File: 1642983419557.gif (1.78 MB, 400x279)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>>20926229
>>
File: Dark_Rider_Emblem.jpg (47 KB, 200x200)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>20926053
Enjoy your fun while you can...
>>
File: product_064_1.jpg (2.05 MB, 1415x2000)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
ACFA had some nice promotional material.
I'm really looking forward to AC6. I hope I can beat most of the series before it comes out.
>>
>>20926648
You probably have generations to complete the whole franchise before ac6 happens
>>
>>20926648
Shouldnt be too hard. They arent super long games.
>>
>>20926654
>>20926655
nta but I've marathoned the entire fucking series 6 times in a row
>>
Is it worth playing AC2 on Hard difficulty? I question the smaller lock-on box and hear it can make certain weapons basically unusable.
>>
>>20926989
only if you hate yourself
>>
>>20927011
Does that sort of narrow targeting ever come up again at any point in the series? Have been playing through, reached 2, and am sort of wobbling on how much pain I want to experience.
>>
>>20927015
Last Raven brings back the small lockboxes forcefully. The PS2 version is manageable, it feels just right, but the PSP version is absolutely horrid if you don't use WS guns with WS lockbox with that one optional part.
>>
>>20926989
>>20927015
Probably something to be left for replaying the games later
On the other hand playing all on Hard will prepare you for Last Raven better
>>
>>20926989
Its pretty good if you're annoyed by the obnoxiously large lockboxes, but like that other anon said, it might be a good way to ease yourself into last raven. Even better if you're emulating and have controls customized for dual stick play.
>>
File: AC_Crescent_Moon.jpg (113 KB, 441x491)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>In the original Armored Core, Crescent Moon's image in the Ranking features a visual error on his LNKS-14B6J; in the image, the leg part lacks the detailing on the legs and the bottom of the feet that the in-game version has, possibly stemming from how the image may have been taken earlier in the game's development. This was rectified in Master of Arena.
Interesting
>>
File: Crescent_Ib.png (71 KB, 233x250)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>20927307
>>
>>20926648
Well when you have Makoto Kobayashi designing the boss on that poster, I'd be surprised if it didn't look nice.
>>
File: FVDpJSzacAMjaTs.jpg (127 KB, 1024x729)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>20927312
>Makoto Kobayashi
>Check his twitter
>Newest artpiece
OH MY GOD THE ACS IN 6 WILL BE PILOTED BY CATS!!!!!
>>
>>20927016
Last Raven's boxes appear to still be larger than AC2's Hard Mode. AC2's hard mode has Standard FCS on the starting rifle as a narrow vertical rectangle across the middle of the screen.
>>
Does H+ transfer thorough 1 gen games through save files?
>>
File: comparison.jpg (1.72 MB, 1280x1851)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>20927443
Yep. If both the starting rifles and the FCS are the same, this is how that compares.
>>
>>20927452
Yep. If you have H+, it transfers across saves. It's actually the only way to get it for Project Phantasma.
>>
>>20926246
Dark Rider wasn't so bad. I struggled way more with Sadistic.
>>
File: ACPP_Bruiser_Duel_BP.webm (2.9 MB, 442x340)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB WEBM
>>20927540
Bruiser gave me some trouble and forced me to adapt to a paradigm I stuck with straight through MOA. And I can say that speed works wonders save for against the enemies that spam seekers and big explosions. For them you need to close the gap and ruin them in close range. If they have a sword and can be baited to melee, all the better.
>>
>>20927576
Also helps that, unless you're trying to prove something to yourself, you stick to the arena arenas for the harder duels. Giving your enemy unrestricted verticality when they're better able to exploit that by virtue of being a computer is a mistake.
>>
>>20927589
>unless you're trying to prove something to yourself, you stick to the arena arenas for the harder duels
>is a mistake
You mean "don't" stick?
NTA but it's still interesting to face the challenges the way the devs intended for the player to face them
>>
>>20927622
Well, the devs gave you the ability to pick which map you're challenging the combatants on. So in the end it depends how fancy you feel, how quick and bloody you like combat, and what your tactics are. But if you give them the indestructible terrain, they'll run rings around you instead of vice versa. Because they're literally cheating.
>>
>>20927626
>literally cheating
But that's the best part. It's thematic: You, the pilot, have to overcome the computer using only your skills, your wits and gour AC, just like how you defeated Nine-Ball in AC1.
>>
Frankly I'll take "the enemy has better camera tracking, more energy, slightly increased fire rate in some weapons and less limits in weapon usage" cheating over "the enemy is a bullet sponge" cheating any day
>>
File: Demo 2.png (33 KB, 640x240)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>20927307
It's not a visual error. I think. At least, it wasn't at the time those visuals were taken. There's another AC that uses the same legs and has the same issue.

That variant of the LNKS-14B6J could be found in Demo 2, and I think I have an adequate explanation as to why it and the LC-UK160 have obviously wrong textures in that version.

I noted in AC1 Demo 1 that all of the unfinished Arm Weapon parts had their final models but with the texture of the WG-MGA1. This is because From used the texture from the most recently completed part per it's category as a placeholder. I've not checked VRAM to verify it, but I think the LNKS-14B6J in that picture is using the LN-D-8000R's texture. I think the same applies to the LC-UK160 in the same demo using the LC-MOS18's texture.

As an aside, Wildcat in Demo 1 has a WC-GN230 model with the functionality and the texture of the WC-CN35. The texture was updated later so the equipped WC-GN230 matched the variant the player could acquire, but it was functionally remained a WC-CN35. Which is probably for the best, Wildcat would probably just insta-nuke the train if he actually had a the real weapon equipped.
>>
>>20927642
>just like how you defeated Nine-Ball in AC1.
The way you generally defeat Nine-Ball in AC1 is to get him in the pocket. Which, pool theme aside, is exactly what I'm suggesting people do if they have difficulty.
>>
>>20927655
Bullet sponge cheating is just bad math stat inflation hell anyway. Not a lot of devs are math-minded in the correct ways to anticipate how borked their numbers can get at certain scales, they'd sooner worry about variables overflowing than curve trajectories.
>>
What's your favourite MT?
>>
File: big white.png (740 KB, 779x690)
740 KB
740 KB PNG
>>20927691
It's an obvious choice, for me.
>>
File: Kainos-E02.jpg (101 KB, 375x575)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>20927691
>>
File: gs_20220615142403.png (1.27 MB, 1280x896)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
So I've been weighing the pros and cons of Hard Mode. Pro, you get ready for some BS that, even by comparison, is less frustrating. Cons, you can't hit anything with the basic rifle because of the wobbly aim, and with the widest available FCS type you are barely better off than what comes standard in Last Raven/
This is what a Sideways FCS looks like on Hard.
>>
The fcs range option part is mistranslated and actually increases lock box size so give that a try.
>>
>>20927691
Those ones from AC2 that are like giant cardboard boxes with treads.
>>
>>20927718
tiny lockboxes in LR was annoying, because you will most likely need a left hand weapon further reducing your lockbox if you want to compete with opponent ACs dps-wise, and some weapons are special or narrow and deep (a close range weapon may not even be wide and shallow)
And if you're playing on emulator the game is less responsive so it's harder to keep spastic enemy ACs in your lockbox.

imo you should play in normal and have fun. If it somehow becomes too easy then try other weapons (avoid Karasawa, it's broken).
Let Last Raven have the annoying difficulty, it's so restrictive you won't be able to play with the ACs you really want to use
>>
I wanna get into the series.
What are some good games to start with?
AC3?
>>
>>20927799
Start with Armored Core 1. It holds up very well and is a ton of fun.
>>
File: IKIMASU.png (1.94 MB, 1023x767)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
Froms better give us space combat missions in their upcoming AC6, or else I will be a bit upset

>>20927799
Production order? First 2 gens are fun and unique
>>
>>20927802
>>20927804
You know what screw it
I'll just start with 1 and make my way up from release order. Thanks anons.
>>
>>20927805
Good luck, anon. Remember to hunt for the hidden parts, they're very useful.
>>
>>20927805
You can play 1, then port your save over to PP, then from PP to MOA. AC1's hidden parts remain exclusive to AC1 until MOA, I believe. And then there's the other thing you may learn about, but don't worry about that.
>>
>>20927869
And the way to do that with an emulator is to copy your save from one game, then copy the title of the next game's save, delete that game's save, and rename the previous game's save copy to the save of that game.
>>
>>20927779
You mention how it's restrictive, and the thing I foresee is that the AC2 Hard mode is even worse than LR by how it appears initially. And, if so, why it's even in the game. I understand it's supposed to be Hard, but Hard generally implies a skill threshold thing and not a "make the game impossible to play at a basic level" thing.
>>
>>20927870
Or just use a shared virtual memory card.
>>
>>20927877
Nice. The target box for a bazooka is the size of a quarter.
>>
>>20927870
Just use duckstation
>>
Is AC2 supposed to be way harder than AC1?
>>
>>20928150
It is yeah but it should be a smoother jump if you played 1, PP and MOA
>>
>>20928150
So far, it seems to be much slower.
General question, I looked at a walkthrough to read through part details. What does it mean to double lock with regard to AC2? The writer keeps saying you should make sure to double lock. What is a double lock outside of missiles?
>>
>>20928157
I finished AC1 and Project Phantasma. I'm testing out PS2 emulators for the future and AC1 did not prepare me for AC2 at all.
I'll need to practice more, I guess. I'll just play Master of Arena for now.
>>
>>20928159
Red (full) lock-on instead of yellow (partial), just keep the opponent in the targetting rectangle a bit longer.
>>
>>20928159
Theres a bar that shows up on the target reticle. Let it fill up because that means your AC is leading its shot and has a muvh higher chance of hitting
>>
File: 1647398881992.jpg (1.2 MB, 1784x1004)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>>20923435
I love how bullshit this sounds despite how legit looking the leaked images are with the particle effects and shit.
>>
>>20928229
I hope it makes blading even cooler than it ever was!
>>
>>20928229
>the colors
>the slashing wave
>the fire
>the particle effects
Thats sekiro/elden ring fromsoft art direction through and through. Itd take an insane amount of effort to fake it. AC6 is happening. Were so fucking back
>>
>>20924684
Only bitchmade faggots use OP-I.
>>
>>20928183
Wasn't that bar just showing the reload state of whatever weapon you're using?
>>
My least favorite aspect of these games is how they take missions away from you absent ceremony. And how there's basically no documentation about the consequences of taking certain missions over others.
>>
>>20927804
why is ur ac made of cheese
>>
>>20928236
thing is, when's the fucking announcement? the game is clearly ready to show off
>>
>>20928351
DS3 came out in 2016 Sekiro announcement in 2017 sekiro release in 2019. Elden ring release in 2022, so i a expect AC6 announcement in 2023. Maybe earlier since the anniversary is soon.
>>
File: 1646991835863.jpg (46 KB, 490x365)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>20928430
...right. Thanks for telling, then.
>>
After trying to tough out hard mode for about ten missions, I can safely say that it is absolutely, utterly a mistake to play the game like that. It basically ties you to the LODD-BLAZER and, even with it, getting through the Arena while needing the sort of accuracy required to beat fuckers like Werehound will have you cursing the franchise in its entirety before you manage to pull it off. If you do. If you keep slamming your head against it you may die of an aneurysm.
>>
>>20928164
I initially hated AC2 because I felt it played like shit compared to Gen 1 and it took me a while to really enjoy it. You should take your time with MoA though, it's a great entry.
>>
>AC2 does the thing where you have to eat a mandatory mission failure to 100% the game again
Hah.
>>
>>20928276
In-universe it makes sense for a merc organisation to have only minimal portfolio info available (successful and failed mission count), otherwise less pilots would want to join due to retaliation risks
>>
>>20928301
Like overheating cheese*, because I can't install radiators in 1st gen
>>
>>20928433
Don't wait for it and occupy yourself in the meantime. Waiting for a game sounds like such a self-imposed form of torture.
>>
>>20928276
Nexus has a tiny bit of world news through mail that changes depending on your missions, honestly I don't really mind it much, it'd be nice to have more world expansion but it's fine as it is considering it's FROM
>>
You people must be incredibly fucking retarded. AC2 is easy as shit even on "hard mode".
>>
Redpill me on Ninebreaker, what distinguishes it from Nexus and Last Raven that some players still prefer its mechanics for multiplayer?
>>
>>20929293
It's way harder than the first gen games and, from my experience, AC3 so far.
Blading is so much fun in 3 btw, it's nuts.
>>
>>20927804
Is there any mecha game that really nails zero gravity combat? There's Zone of the Enders but it doesn't have anywhere near the depth an AC game has.
>>
>>20929424
Strike Suit Zero and Heavy Gear 2 I guess?
>>
>>20929424
it's not really a mecha game, but space station 13 has mechs and the very, very, very rare occasion where two people get mechs and fight outside the station, it's incredibly cool.
>>
>>20929424
Has anyone played that Gundam Unicorn game Fromsoft made that focuses entirely on space action?
>>
>>20929424
For Answer could have been set in space in most of the matches I played and it wouldn't be much different. Mastering graceful up and down movement is difficult for control schemes though. Shattered Horizons was the best space game I played that woulda been suitable for space robot fights. GBO2's space gameplay is pretty good too, I guess.
>>
File: results.png (1.67 MB, 1023x767)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB PNG
>you get to replenish ammo from enemy supplies in a mission
>pay for all what you've used anyway
Damn I forgot Project Phantasma is this trolly
>>
So I'm playing through AC2. Question. Do they ever in the series allow you to improve parts so you can use a visual option like a head and aren't herded into a set path via the need for a computer or such?
>>
>>20929825
No, you can tune parts but thats only improving existing stats
>>
>>20929825
Nope. The closest you get is Tuning/FRS memory stuff in late 3rd/4th gen. You get no glamouring, cause i assume from expected people to just take a back radar if they wanted Aesthetics.
>>
Back radars are handy if you want to maximize armor/AP with some dummy head, can afford weight gain and don't really need 1 back weapon slot
>>
thoughts on ACFA regulations? which do you prefer and why?
>>
>>20930404
I really liked the AA shenanigans as well as the Sapla ammo count of 1.30, but 1.40 really is the best overall.
>>
>>20930404
1.40 because it's the one I played the most and feels more balanced
1.00 and 1.15 are the easy difficulty modes (broken spread missiles and infinite energy respectively)
1.20 is for sanic speed
don't know about 1.30
>>
>>20930404
I'm getting a physical copy of FA soon and I'm also curious. Which regulation is the best for blading the story missions? Also, does the multi-player still work? The copy I'm getting is for ps3.
>>
Are there any parts that can only be obtained in AC2:AA via a save import from AC2?
>>
>>20929993
I love using a back radar, going all out with three weapons feels redundant to me.
>>
>>20930799
i heard 1.20 is the one that makes blades busted
>>
Its funny when arena ravens refuse to use anti-missle in AC2. Easiest fights. Even Ares isnt that bad
>>
>>20931823
Secret parts for sure, iirc
>>
Any list of most difficult enemy ACs in gens 1-3?
>>
>>20933246
That one guy in AA. You fight him in some sort of indoor garden area near the top of a building, I think? He's packing a 'zooka and has sniper adds. Boy, did that fight make me rage.
>>
>>20933278
Lol that dude was one of my many "im about to rage quit" moments in AA fuck that guy even with H+ he was a bastard.
>>
>>20933246
Nobody from AC2's story for sure. Fucking hell, why did they have to cripple all of them?
>>
>>20933246
Shadow in Project Phantasma can be most fun if you're not cheesing him with an airborne hopper with multi-missiles and missile arms in an open field
>>
I always wondered, what kind of attitude would the BFF Lynx display if they had to partner with you in ACFA?
>>
>>20933246
most empowered woman in gaming ending in LR
>>
>>20933278
Unfettered. Always loved his name, such a cool one.
>>
File: lumbarjack.jpg (98 KB, 700x500)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>20933246
Daemon
final Zinaida
Exile

then you have ACs at the end of annoying missions
>One example is Corpse Maker in Silent Line, he's fast with good DPS, after all the annoying MTs in an ECM sandstorm.
And missions against 2 ACs consecutively
>Rim Fire after Zenubi, and the ACs of the dam in Last Raven, because they have different playstyles so you need to think more about your build

AA has interesting missions, I can't tell if they were really hard but I remember them because they made me a better pilot.
>Lumberjack (pic) that walked backwards in his intro cutscene, and then an AC with a grenade launcher
>that one mission against 3 ACs at the same time
>the AC with the flamethrower in a warehouse full of shit so you can't move how you want
>the mission about destroying 15 MTs, but 2 ACs arrive and main theme starts
>the mission in the arena against 2 ACs, the heavy one stands mid-air in the cutscene
>Zattlehook rematch with laser turrets on the ceiling
>>>20933278
this one as well
>regular Nine Ball
I remember most of the dialog in these missions.
>>
>>20933296
AC2 is crap. AC3 so far is only slightly better, but the big issue for me is that it's still slower than AC1. They added too much kludge to the combat. Too much "weight" it feels like. It feels like it's trying to be one of the Gundam games from the era instead of being a successor to Armored Core on the PS1. All the smoothness and the empowerment is gone from these games, and it's frustrating as hell.
>>
>>20933631
Abuse overboost+canceling and turning booster extension bro
>>
>>20933634
Doesn't help. Still slow with a speed build. Still getting bodied because the AI in the Arena leads me perfectly because the time to switch directions lets them nuke them.
>>
>>20933658
I'll say this. Whoever coded this one fucker in the arena should be hired by the military, because god damn the boss pattern is smart. But it's also borderline impossible for me. All he does is spam fireballs exactly where you're going to be at any given time. Perfect calculation by the AI. So the first trick you may think is to just stop moving and to only move when he fires, thus avoiding fireballs and turning it into a pattern game. But the fight can't be that simple or merciful. After the first five dodges, the AI is programmed to faceroll you and just move in to get as close as possible, spamming fireballs in your face endlessly with infinite ammo.
>>
>>20933705
>this one fucker in the arena
Which one?
>>
>>20933710
Barchetta. Finally got him by getting him at a range where I could just scoot and get him caught in a pattern. He broke the pattern and moved at me and I just barely got away, spun, and finished him.
>>
>>20933719
After trying one of the other assault rifles, using the 1000 ammo one might've been a mistake for that fight. The heavy rifle seems more accurate.
>>
https://youtu.be/LHVc9G_UMfM
>>
>>20933794
Fuck off with this meme shit.
>>
>>20933631
It's the Mars gravity.
>>
Feed me more AC content like this >>20933794, Ravens
>>
>>20934180
>>20934195
The duality of a Raven.
>>
Can't wait to face MARS-W9-N-WGIX/Hi-v Glint Ball Phantasma Pulverizer Exusia Seraph piloted by reincarnation of Patches the Good Luck in AC6 that will recover all damage when his AP reaches zero with a cutscene where he says "You didn't die, so your victory doesn't count!" again and again with him changing the playstyle every time until onwards from 9th consecutive repeat the uninformed player is allowed to interrupt the cutscene flow within the cutscene (without being informed about the possibility to do so) and finish him off before Patches finishes the phrase, finally some innovation in decades for FromSoftware games where cutscenes take away the controls from you all the time
>>
>>20934403
Soulstards will call it kino.....
>>
>>20934504
Call me a soulstard then
>>
I want to replay V and VD but IIRC, you need a high team level to get all the parts. Can those be raised by playing offline?
>>
>>20934672
Only V requires it and you can grind team level through the campaign and the terrible approximation of conquest mode.
VD requires personal rank, which you grind through getting rankings on missions. It's not that you can repeatedly grind any mission, but rather any time you get a higher rank than what you previously had. If you can bust out S ranks you unlock stuff pretty fast.
>>
Why do people emulate Silent Line Portable instead of the original game? Is this just a PVP thing?
>>
>>20935168
MORE CONTENT
>>
>>20935168
SHIT SPECS
>>
>>20935168
No idea, it looks way shittier
>>
>>20935168
A large majority of AC fans are either boomers that don't care for new tech and have ancient builds or third worlders. One is too stubborn to upgrade for one game, the other is probably emulating on their cellphone.
>>
>3 and SL lock you out of the Arena until you do more missions.
Why? I understood it in MOA since it was a plot thing...
>>
>>20935186
>Why?
1. Limit your grindset which is too OP
2. Makes sense because can't have some missionlet scrub get too much fame
>>
>>20935168
I would have said dual stick but ps2 emulators can also run dual sticks.
>>
>>20935168
what part of "the portable versions have more parts" is hard to understand
>>
>>20935206
Did ps2 SL support dual analog controls? I know AC2-AC3 didn't.
>>
>>20935217
No, but emulation can.
>>
>>20935212
Made up parts kinda cringe ngl
Extra enemies also p bland
Camera sway is dumb
Missing animation frames on the acs only make it look jank
Split screen level zoom was a great idea but everything else fails
>>
>>20935229
Stop talking like an 18 year old.
>>
>>20935233
Who tf asked
Fr
Cringe
>>
I heard blade tracking was related to heads and fcs in 3 and SL but I cant find any data. Is there something listing best to worst?
Autism makes me want to build the worst tracking AC for each gen and compare them all.
>>
>>20935248
There is a serious lack of information about Armored Core in general on the internet. Even old FAQs that have been around for decades don't have much, if any, information on the more esoteric mechanics the series has. I hope AC6 changes that.
>>
>>20935251
fuck that, if ac6 is gonna have retards datamining the starter energy british criminal butter knife for lore and making videos about "What the starter blade REVEALS" i stg i will commit suicide
>>
>>20925391
ROAMING ARMS FORTS
>>
>>20935318
There's a balance that needs to be struck between secrecy and whatever happened to elden ring.
>>
>>20935251
Leave it to the autists hardcore enough to buy the data books and not share a fucking page of any of it.
>>
>>20935345
kek this
>>
>>20935182
>>20935212
>>20935168
PCSX2 was (and is) a monster to run, for one, and for two, AC just didn't work that well for a long time prior to deinterlacing becoming a standard feature. PPSSPP runs on toasters, for comparison.
>>
>>20934403
You joke, but Patches being the final boss is 10/10.
>>
File: interesting_narrative.png (188 KB, 461x466)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>20934180
>>20934195
https://youtu.be/Ir6qqP-LCoU
>>
>>20935345
Arent the FA databooks on panda? We just need a translation and probably even a scalation effort
>>
File: 1631879081973.jpg (161 KB, 683x934)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>20933246
Grand Chief was so annoying in AC3 I had to fight him in the parking lot.
>>
>>20935251
Fifth gen had all (probably) of its ins and outs discovered, I'm sure it'll be the same for sixth.
>>
>>20935467
Yeah for sure but it sucks playing gen1-3 and theres barely anything. Those are my favorite games!!
>>
>>20935344
its not an elden ring thing, i think the souls community has collective brain damage at this point
a youtube person i watch made an elden ring video and had to disable comments because it seems like it's mandatory at this point to backseat anyone playing the darn thing, and i fully expect the same retarded shit to bleed over into ac6
it's just people who get into the franchise late and love that they can boast about how hard it is
>>
>>20935251
it's been discussed in these threads before, iirc it's basically just that most of the info predated the internet becoming big and thus spread entirely through word of mouth; the people who knew the games in-and-out are either dead or have long since moved on and don't remember the tech and strategies, there was also a competitive layer to it (people didn't talk about their techniques so that their rivals couldn't take advantage in PvP)
>>20935318
in Japan they have a term for this weird lore overthinking phenomenon, "From Brain" (フロム脳), and people have been doing it ever since the very beginning with KF and the old AC games (the "Klein is the MoA protagonist" theory is one of the more notable oldschool examples of From Brain in action)
>>
>>20935677
Have you tried actually liking things yourself instead of worrying about what a bunch of people who aren't you are doing
>>
>>20933658
You don't actually suddenly start going the opposite direction, you use boosters to kind of move in a vertically alligned figure of eight pattern to conserve momentum.
>>
>>20935401
Right? For a brick he flies way too good.

>>20933719
Ah, him. I have to respect Barchetta, he's aware that grenade launchers fucking kill everything and loaded himself down with nothing but them. I recall as a child I ultimately beat him by out-grenade launchering him.
>>
>>20935318
>the starter energy british criminal butter knife
wat
>>
>>20931972
You're an idiot who gets merked easily.
>>
>>20923435
the spice must flow
>>
>>20936332
I'm not though. :)
>>
Is it me or blade tracking is stronger in MoA compared to 1 and PP?
>>
File: 1632561022251.png (187 KB, 382x273)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>>20928970
Oh, is it now?
>>
>>20936488
wait until AC3 to see just how retarded it gets
>>
So did the pegasus/sawa/stealth lightweight in Silent line's intro die? I can't make sense of the ending where he was all smoking and shit.
>>
>>20936080
This but unless you're overboosting
>>
>>20936746
AC3 blading feels perfect. Smoother & stronger than 1 and 2 while still requiring you to build your AC in a certain way to get the most out of it. I'm looking forward to seeing how blading was handled in the 4th generation.
>>
>>20936957
No. It's victorious.
>>
>>20937057
Too much blade tracking imo. I hate it when you correctly space an attack only for the game to snap you in front of the enemy. I wish there was a way to turn it off.
>>
Is dueling a custom AI AC in MoA with blades a good way to git gud and get used to 1st gen blade tracking?
>>
It took me a decade of playing first 3 gens to realise blade tracking is tracking what your FCS is locked onto instead of being automatic, and that's how AI could blade me mid-air with us being at different heights (AI doesn't neglect constant vertical aiming unlike the average player).
>>
>>20937551
wut
fuck's sake, I thought your FCS was useless for anything besides guns and missiles
What's the best FCS for blading in MoA then?
>>
>>20937596
I checked /m/ archives and it was mentioned at best twice lol
>FCS
Obviously anything wide&shallow while having a ranged weapon with biggest lockbox on the ready, average lockbox sizes are ok too, just get used to doing vertical aiming through orienting by radar
Try handguns in arena because their stun is... handy
>>
>>20936020
>FromBrain
Man and here I thought it was just autism.
It does explain why every so often I feel like people see in AC way more than whatever I've seen, like it's some sort of profound revelatory experience for them.
>>
File: 1655132888313.jpg (167 KB, 1200x674)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>20923435
>guy fused with a big snake
>nietzsche themes in his quest
Wait, is this leak real? Miyazaki might actually be into Dune
>>
>>20937678
Although personally for me lengthway FCS feels the best (mentally reminds you to not rely on FCS where you should turn sideways instead, and assists with vertical aim)
>>
>>20937859
Well it came with the screenshots so imo either its all real or all fake.
>>
>>20937935
In the other hand medium/long range weapons+FCS can let you become a fucking blade missile if you keep locked onto your enemy mid-air and spam slashing+tap boosting, you'll need lots of remaining energy output (for recharge) and energy gauge though.
>>
Daily reminder that Miyazaki was on the planning staff for LR and directed both 4 and FA.
>>
>>20938478
I wonder who's going to be the one directing the next game. Miyazaki hasn't directed his games solo since Bloodborne, so i assume he'll have a co-director to help him out this time because he's the company president now.
>>
>>20938616
Darksouls 2 guy. Hope you like walking down corridors that end with flamethrower roombas and grenade quad MTs robbing you of 50% AP. Hope you like triple permaflight invasions while a hidden ECM bot jams your lock on and radar. I especially hope you enjoy square maps that look like they were made in minecraft with MT clumps scattered carelessly.
The sweatys would eat it all up tho because the 1v1 arena would be soooo sick. Like I'm talking the best weapons and parts out of every gen. Nexue Mini sawas, acv heat piles, ac3 cluster missiles, MoA handguns. The sickest shit m8. One painful 100% playthrough and you will never do PVE ever again.
>>
File: superfine.png (245 KB, 1023x767)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
>>20910082
>>20910371
Going over 30k in performance evaluation points in Project Phantasma is all the same constant "superfine" you get when surpassing 25k, same for MoA
>>
>>20938776
I better get my 200 varieties of oversized humanoid AC bosses with giant swords, then.
>>
>>20938862
>Big white
>Big white but shoots napalm
>2 Big whites
>1 Big white + 1 Big white that shoots napalm
Woooooowwwww, worth the wait
>>
>>20938954
You forgot
>big white but upscaled
>big white but black and with bigger stats
>>
>>
>>20938478
>Daily reminder that Miyazaki was on the planning staff for LR
It shows.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (135 KB, 1023x767)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
R-Ravenbros... Hold me...
>>
File: full build.png (115 KB, 944x503)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>20937678
After extensive testing against MoA arena ACs I can conclude that, for me, in MoA:
>P/CV FCS (secret part in Assist MTs mission, shop description hints it's suited for close range and it feels like blade tracking is a bit different with it equipped compared to other standard or W&S FCS)
>B-PT000 booster (secret part in mission, useful for singular taps between mid-air swings)
>WA-FINGER (lightweight, consumes no energy, its "SPECIAL" lock is like that of some other rapid-fire weapons and is actually a W&S lock on steroids)
>MOONLIGHT blade (bullshit-low charge drain so crazy locked trace swinging can continue a bit less than for as long as the enemy is in air and you're locked on onto them, although the secret blade part LS-1000W that lets you do blade waves mid-air and without H+ is quite fine too)
let me land mid-air swings most consistently.

Pre-MoA analogues would be that 21000 output booster, some W&S FCS and 1000 ammo machine gun.
>>
So, inspired by recent discussion in the thread, I decided to take a look at FCS values and re-organize the addresses I was using to line up with the RAM. This is focused on the Arm Weapon R slot, but I think it may apply to every weapon slot in the game. As always, any RAM addresses I talk about are for the USA version of AC1:

Let's talk lock ranges.
041292 and 041294 are what I will call the "soft lock box". It is not displayed in-game, but is shown in the form of the green crosshairs over a target. As a fun aside, the numbers in the corner when these crosshairs are displayed are the target's range.
041296 and 041298 are what I call the "hard lock box", which is displayed in game as the square or rectangular box.
As a note, those addresses are Height x Width format.

Every weapon has a 'Weapon Lock' type, but that strictly refers to a shared base size of the hard lock box, it has no bearing on the Range stat. For example, although the WG-RF35 has a "Wide & Shallow" Weapon Lock, a Standard FCS gives the weapon a very square and average 240x240 Soft, and 200x200 Hard.

The Range stat on weapons actually reflects a hard cap on lock range most of the time, ignored by missile-type weapons and spread bombs.

For the Arm Weapon R slot, I've built this chart on all of the possible combos:
https://pastebin.com/HQ6fCeZs
>>
dude nobody cares
>>
I care, continue
>>
>>20939930
What else is there to discuss retard. Either contribute something or fuck off.
>>
>>20939884
Does the game still take the FCS in to account for locking on if you don't have a weapon equipped on the right arm?
>>
>>20939065
All you had to do was not soulspost, anon!
Now you've really done it!
>>
Which armored cores could wreck mobile suits from the UC?
>>
>>20939973
Yes. Every weapon slot has their own largely identically arranged address ranges, so it won't be much trouble to find the Back Weapon L\R values and how the FCS affects their aspects. However, I have not been able to find whether or not any FCS influences to Laserblade tracking.

Speaking of, some more foot in the door research. A 1-bit address for Back Weapon R, 04129B. I'm calling it, uh... "Tracking Trigger." This is normally set to 0 on all weapons, and perhaps it is for a fair reason. Setting this address' value to 1 or higher makes it so if a target begins to move with a certain speed, the lock breaks down into a soft lock until the target slows down enough. The number, in this case below the target is a rough estimate of how far off target the FCS is, I think.

You can see the effect on display in pic related. I'm blasting away with my Chain Gun and the shots can't hit because the Storch is doing an intense evasive maneuver: It is boosting upwards and moving towards me slightly.

This appears to be completely separate (also a separate address) from the speed of the diamond in missile locks. Although non-missile weapons have a Lock Speed value, it does not appear to actually influence any part of the weapon's behavior, even this tracking mechanic. It also appears to be completely non-functional on missiles.
>>
>>20940091
That's pretty neat.
You should really compile all this information in a document once you've found out all you want to find out. It'd be useful.
And, if you're looking for something else to discover, can you figure out if laser blades get bonus damage/efficiency/stats from the optional parts that affect energy weapons?
>>
>>20940173
Already planning TCRF articles with the unused stuff that I find.

Also, yes. SP-E+ does boost laserblade attack power.
>>
>>20939930
Get out.
>>
File: FCS.png (532 KB, 1110x324)
532 KB
532 KB PNG
>>20940091
>However, I have not been able to find whether or not any FCS influences to Laserblade tracking.
I've been reading the Armored core official guide on sadpanda and while they're definitely sharing holdout information, I don't think they mentioned any blade tracking on the FCS table.
I wouldn't be surprised if its linked to any of these values, if not, I'd test head computer types. Maybe they're good for something other than stating the obvious.
>>
Some fanmusic that I think many havent listen to

https://youtu.be/wc-8lDVzk0o
>>
File: Spoiler Image (285 KB, 1023x767)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
A weapon to surpass Nineball Seraph
>>
>>20940091
>A 1-bit address for Back Weapon R, 04129B. I'm calling it, uh... "Tracking Trigger." This is normally set to 0 on all weapons, and perhaps it is for a fair reason. Setting this address' value to 1 or higher makes it so if a target begins to move with a certain speed, the lock breaks down into a soft lock until the target slows down enough.
Is it exclusively a back weapon thing?
Is it shared with arm weapons and is this variable present in AI programming?
It could be fun to enable for everything possible for a complete rebalancing of the game.
>>
>>20940072
Most of them with how fast they are. Once you hit CCA you'd prolly see a more even fight but Jegans have paper thin armour so it'd be an uphill fight. F91-Victory era is probably a straight up even fight on anything pre 4th gen.
>>
>>20940952
All weapons (possibly excluding the Arm Weapon L slot) have the same ranges of largely identical addresses.
This includes missile-exclusive max locks and lock speed on Arm Weapons.

As for AI, the only thing I've found about them so far is their AP values and maybe each individual enemy's energy gauges. I have reason to suspect that they do work on a similar aiming system to players, considering that the Storchs in Test are sometimes wildly off target when they fire.
>>
>>20940945
is that a reference to that one robot carnival short?
>>
>>20939065
Is Progtech the closest thing to a good corporation in all of Armored Core games?
>>
>>20942502
The way they were presented to the player through exposition and whatnot - probably closest indeed
It's worth remembering that in AC universes you need to get your hands really dirty to succeed as an organisation though
>>
>>20942502
While it's not a corporation, Lineark is probably the most morally respectable power to ever employ the player's services through the games, I think? For actual corporations I can't think of many else to even bring up. Pretty much all the 3 era corporations do extremely fucked up shit. It's been a while but I don't remember anyone but the Federal Governments in the second era being decent, and even then Klein was half the government or whatever so not really even then.
>>
I like Armored Core.
>>
File: 1625259820691.jpg (1.79 MB, 2549x2076)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
>>20943898
Good.
>>
File: Twilight of the gods.png (2.86 MB, 2116x942)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB PNG
Well, Raven?
>>
>>20943939
For the cunny
>>
>>20943939
To....DESTROY NINEBALL
>>
>>20943898
WIDE
>>
You guys definitely need more creativity with your builds.
>>
>>20944129
Love me Midweight humanoid legs
Love me rifles
Love me missles
Simple as....
>>
>>20944129
Is creativity functionally viable?
>>
>>20944129
I used quads in a screenshot, what more do you want?
>>
>>20943935
The important question :
>Blocky hard angles of Emeraud/Crest?
>Smooth curves of Zio/Mirage?

Personally, I prefer the hard edged angular designs.
>>
File: 1248139045140.jpg (136 KB, 720x480)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>20944143
>piles on a HRJ
>>
>>20944129
Show us some of your gameplay anon. Teach us how it's done.
>>
>>20944129
Post your builds.
>>
>>20944273
I am partial to blocks and that extends to all kinds of vehicles. The issue is when you are forced to mix and match due to stats. What I would prefer for AC6 is to have these two manufacturers be purely aesthetic. Both should create parts that are identical statswise but have different looks.
>>
>>20943939
Schmoney
>>
Is Armored Core: For Answer supposed to run like complete ass during Arms Fort missions? I'm playing the game on a ps3.
>>
>>20945989
Yes the game runs like shit on the actual consoles.
>>
File: 11071.jpg (102 KB, 980x653)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
Did you remember to buy my Chogokin 10 years ago?
>>
>>20946042
No, I bought your model kits instead.
>>
Didn't know they still made armored core games. Thought they canceled for some game about killing the souls of demons or something.
>>
>>20946121
>still made
They haven't, yet anyway.
>>
>>20946121
They haven't done new ones since Verdict Day. And technically, Demon's Souls came out a year after For Answer.
>>
>>20946042
Ha ha car door.
>>
>>20946042
I never liked ACV designs
To me they sorta looked like Bayformers that transformed into Humvees. I don't know how else to explain that aesthetic.
>>
>>20946852
Blocky pseudoutilitarian greeble?
5 gen AC designs look magnitudes better than bayformer stuff though.
>>
>>20946852
The divide between manufacturers (I don't think they're named this time around) is very clear. Some parts definitely look like they were cobbled together by orks but others look fairly state of the art superscience shit.
>>
>>20946852
Junkyard chic.
>>
Anyone here try machinecraft to build ACs?
Apparently its free and I've seen a guy on youtube build a couple of ACs with it.
>>
New Thread: >>20948307
>>
>>20947633
Yes but I've ended up with making something like Dai-Guard instead lol
You'll need to rely on steam workshop stuff as you begin

IMO Stormworks is more fun for it even if it's more complex and grounded

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.