[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Vgundam.jpg (27 KB, 265x374)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Is this regarded as one of the better animated gundam series? Im 8 episodes in and the fights and everything in general has looked amazing. Did this have a higher budget for some reason?
>>
>>20908645
It had a relatively low budget because it was post-crash, but Tomino was supremely experienced so he could make his team work efficiently, and mostly not bothering with shading allowed for him to save some more. It's honestly amazing that V Gundam didn't have to use stock footage like other Gundams of the 90s.
>>
>>20908645
Unfortunately no, as people tend to complain about the minimal shading. Additionally, halfway through the show, it will look even better as Gainax will assist animating some scenes. Check this Twitter thread for examples, but also be mindful of spoilers if that matter to you:

https://twitter.com/Duune99/status/1328254765889953792
>>
>>20908645
For animation, it is decent. However, visual wise, it looked quite lackluster due to how characters looked like moving mspaint drawings most of the time.
>>
>>20908645
I feel like a lot of that comes up to creativity too, even when the animation isn't the best Uso fights are some of the most fun to watch thanks to the V's disposable parts.
>>
>>20908653
Victory still made use of some stock footage, especially for the transformation scenes, but it was nowhere near as bad/obvious as Wing which came two years later.
>>
like a lot of tomino shows, victory has good animation direction even when the budget fails
>>
Victory's animation was okay, but the real treat was in the choreagraphy
>>
File: VBikes.webm (2.34 MB, 800x600)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB WEBM
>>
>>20908645
it is quite possible the worst gundam series. you'll see why.
it's still gundam though, so it's not like it's straight up objectively bad, it's just worse than others
>>
>>20909029
victory is, to date, the only show that has made the core block system look good
>>
>>20909078
Lmao, no. Far from it.
>>
>>20908645
I recall it looking the best early on and then becoming very hit or miss throughout the rest of it with some really lazy ugly scenes. That one guy flying into that giant wheel. I recall being one of the really crappy scenes.

Don't most anime tend to save their time/budget for the important episodes? Turn A's ep 1 looks like an OVA compared to some later episodes.
>>
>>20908960
t. Never seen a drawing in MS Paint
>>
>>20909078
>worst gundam series
>Victory
Got a chuckle out of me
>>
I'll tell you one thing and I'm not ashamed to say it: Victory is a better Gundam show than Zeta.
>>
>>20909220
Victory is easily top 5
>>
>>20909096
imma be real, it gets that title from me because I actively ignore seed destiny exists
>>
>>20909229
And Seed. And Wing. And X. And 00. And IBO. 08th MS Team. 0083. Probably plenty of other shit I never watched.
>>
>>20909252
these are all better than victory
>>
>>20909220
I wouldn't say that but I am surprised at how much I liked it considering that this was the show where Tomino pretty much had it with Sunrise
>>
>>20909254
If you have no measurement for quality, maybe. All these shows are shallow cash crabs with no identity of their own rather than trying to ape the original MSG and failing miserably at it. Say what you want about Victory but it brought something fresh to the table and it did it well, with the only criticism being its overall bleakness and the easily disposable characters having random death scenes. Show is still solid no matter what and has a lot of memorable moments and a God-tier final stretch of episodes. Implying fucking Wing did it better is just ridiculous.
>>
>>20909252
What’s wrong with 08th MS Team?
>>
>>20909275
lol ok
victory had a few good scenes, can't deny that, but most characters, even the surviving ones, were bland grey slates with nothing interesting about them and the show as a whole is just boring
it's still worth watching though, simply for having context for crossbone
>>
>>20909254
Pleb taste.
>>
>>20909293
It's a pretty shallow story all things considered. And all the main characters are boring walking tropes.
>The quiet big guy with a heart of gold
>The annoying womanizer
>The cowardly guy
>The strong woman with a broken heart
>The evil scientist
I could go on, and the story was more of the same shit but with a ""realistic"" twist, although I didn't find anything realistic about it.
The Gouf custom fight was great though. Honestly I don't understand why people love this OVA so much. Oh and Aina miraculously surviving was dumb as shit.
>>
>>20909487
08th ms team would be much better if its last episode did not exist.
>>
>>20908653
>>20908985
They actually draw the victory's transformations a few times and I was surprised they did that considering how complicated it is.
>>
>>20909487
Huh. I really can't argue with any of that.
Come to think of it, I can't actually name a character from it. I mostly just remember liking the ground type gundam and the gouf episode.
>>
When Victory is at its best it looks amazing and is a joy to watch. It has awfully low lows however. But at least it's never boring.
>>
>>20908940
People complain about the shading, but that's not all there is to animation.
There are many styles that go without it too like ligne-claire.
Also Victory has a ton of really expressive character animation.

>>20909220
>>20909226
Yeah I think I might actually agree, I definitely enjoyed it a lot more than Zeta, though I think Zeta handled some of its antagonists better.
That's the only place where I thought Victory failed because a lot of the antagonists were just crazy instead of feeling like real people.
Zeta had more a interesting idea with the Titans.
>>
>>20909078
Not even the worst Tomino Gundam. If you believe ZZ is better than Victory i kindly suggest you kill yourself.
>>
>>20909706
first half of ZZ is fucking atrocious but the second half is as good as Zeta
>>
>>20909734
>the second half is as good as Zeta
What the fuck?
>>
>>20909760
did I fucking stutter or do you need hearing aids?
>>
>>20909771
The second half of ZZ is still garbage.
Dunno how you can like Haman trying to rape Judau or the goofy villains like Mashymire.
>>
>>20909775
>second half of ZZ
>calls Marshamallow goofy
wtf
>>
>>20909780
I cant take any of those retards seriously at all.
>>
>>20909734
>the second half is as good as Zeta
How so? Almost everyone says the same thing and I enjoyed ZZ for what it was but I fail to understand this. The second half was okay but nothing amazing.
>>
>>20909799
Just to name a few reasons
>the entire Dublin colony drop arc
>everything with Kamille
>Ple Two's character arc
>Neo Zeon in-fighting
>the ending, particularly Judau punching Bright and everything this meant
>>
File: 1639344648500.webm (2.13 MB, 960x720)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB WEBM
>>
>>20909815
Oh yeah, the colony drop, Kamille coming back and Judau telling everyone to fuck off was great, I agree.
>>
File: 1624729669779.jpg (295 KB, 800x796)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>20909775
Woah you don't like /ss/?
>>
>>20909815
The second half felt like a weak imitation of Zeta on my second viewing, regardless I enjoyed it all the same.
>>
>>20909817
Why is the Victory so damn cute
>>
>>20909078
There aren't any Tomino TV anime that aren't better than the rest of the Gundam franchise.
>>
>>20909119
Not really, it's more so that different episodes have whole different animation teams on them and they go in rotation, usually they get the same intervals to make the episodes as the other teams, with some odd filler teams, this was standard in 80s shows. You would get certain teams who would do every 4th or 5th episodes that were exceptional. 90s Sunrise started offloading huge proportions of shows to Studio Dove, this peaked in Wing and X when they had Dove on almost every episode. X got a good amount of extra freelance staff to help. But it's one of the reasons why Wing is so weak animation wise in comparison to any other Gundam anime. In the 80s Dove were one of Sunrise's highest quality subcontractors ( Sunrise always outsourced everything animation wise), and on normal rotation they continually put out great work. Sunrise found them so reliable that they stretched them really thin. Victory is an early step in this trend where Dove takes on over a quarter of the show.

Those Dove episodes, while not bad per se, don't usually match up to ones led by Zeta animators like Yaushiro Seo, and Atsushi Shigeta as a mecha KA ace (much of the truly great mecha animation in the show is him), Anime R people like Osaka,Taniguchi and Yoshida, Murase, who was just coming into his own and made waves with episode 24, the Gainax episodes, the Nakamura Pro episodes, and even the proto Xebec episodes (would have been associated with I.G at the time I presume). Those teams all got normal rotations where Dove had to grind out way too much of the show themselves.
>>
>>20909817
Anon, do you have a webm of episode 6 where Uso gets ambushed from behind but he returns fire by turning Victory's head and arm 180 degrees? It was such an awesome scene.
>>
>>20910169
Not him but.
>>
>>20910197
Uso is a fucking wargod
>>
>>20910197
Very much appreciated.
>>
File: file.png (247 KB, 476x649)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
beecha trying to get his friends and argama crew murdered only to get it swept under the rug is still more reasonable than the insane shit the zeta cast does
>>
>>20909306
>it's still worth watching though, simply for having context for crossbone
Being a contrarian doesn't make you an interesting person
>>
File: 1639464912446.jpg (6 KB, 226x223)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>20909078
>>
>>20909220
V is on that level to be considered/argued for.
>>
>>20909306
Wrong yet again fukui.
>>
>>20910197
You really don't get enough of mecha turning parts of their body in ways humans can't. In a simmilar vein the Victory has the absolute best location for storing the beam sabers and it's a bit surprising more aren't like that because it seems so obvious, but then again I guess putting them on the back or hip is better for toys.
>>
>>20910137
That makes sense. I watched J-Decker last year and it was really obvious that the filler episodes were the same guys every time. Yuta would always look like a weird blob rather than his more angular look in the opening which probably takes much more skill.
>>
File: victory.webm (706 KB, 640x360)
706 KB
706 KB WEBM
>>20910952
I dunno, it always gives me that feeling of "what if the beam saber slips out of the grip after it falls out." Though I guess it would be a pre-programmed motion to eject and grab anyway.
>>
>>20911005
I hadn't thought of that being a problem, I was mainly thinking in terms of it always being accessable because it's conceivable you wouldn't be able to reach to the back or wherever else it is.
>Though I guess it would be a pre-programmed motion to eject and grab anyway.
It almost certainly is but I don't think that'd help with the MS colliding with something or any other sudden movement so it could still be a problem.
>>
>>20910985
J-Decker actually has no Dove. Sasakado did 10 solo episodes though, may be thinking of those, I didn't find them impressive either. In Xabungle he was doing these crazy nearly no stills per episode solo episodes with really good animation - but his Braves episodes often were just lackluster for whatever reason from what I've seen. Dove would have been covering 50% of G Gundam around then. Dove's mecha ace: Kouji Koizumi, died before the 90s came around, responsible for the Sazabi vs Nu fight, and tons of other things, so that must be some of it too. He could have definitely given those shows a big boost in quality.
>>
File: 1654581072743.png (232 KB, 500x375)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
After finishing it the more I think about Victory the more I like it.
>>
>>20911062
Victory is a typical Tomino show, so if you like Tomino you probably also like Victory. Nice MS designs as well. G-Reco is kind of like this too.
>>
>>20908645
I recall one anon describing the show as something like "A pregnant Indian women and a bunch of kids take down an empire of totalitarian space feminists" as a means of making fun of it, but to me that's one of the reasons it's up there in my favorites. Only Tomino would do that.
>>
File: victory saber spin.webm (2.86 MB, 772x580)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>20911062
I just like how I can open almost any episode, skip to the fight scene, and watch Uso do some crazy shit.
>>
>>20911097
Uso and the Victory is definitely one of the best showings of a Mecha being more than just a walking tank/giant powered armor.
>>
>>20911097
Uso's ridiculous fighting skills are by far the best part of the show
>>
>>20909775
Mashymre was my favorite male ZZ character. Yes he's goofy, but his character arc is tragic.
>>
>>20911107
I feel like once he got the V2, Uso became less creative. I'm guessing because it was more powerful and better armored, that meant Uso didn't need to come up with whacky battle tactics as often to come out on top. That's why I've always been indifferent with the V2 but fucking love the Victory.
>>
>>20908645
>Is this regarded as one of the better animated gundam series

For me its the best modern gundam we have to date.
>>
>>20911287
>modern gundam
it's been 30 years, anon
>>
>>20910895
how does that make me contrarian?
for that matter, what makes you think I give a crap about being interesting?
>>
>>20909275
>but it brought something fresh to the table and it did it well
No it didn't? Victory was quite literally Tomino doing everything he can to tank the series popularity by making it as dark as he possibly could because he was having a breakdown and didn't want anything to do with Gundam at that point. To this end we got poorly developed characters and forgettable antagonists who were just Zeon but even worse. The only thing one could praise Victory for are the mecha designs and as always the music.
>>
>>20911333
>Tomino doing everything he can to tank the series
This has been debunked
https://twitter.com/zeonicscans/status/1529462959461871619
>>
>>20911338
>using Zeonic as a source
what a fucking joke
>>
>>20909630
>a lot of the antagonists were just crazy instead of feeling like real people.
Zanscare is similar to other Gundam antagonists in that they're mostly a bunch of cynical assholes twisting seemingly good ideals into serving awful goals. For Zeon it was freedom for spacenoids and the advancement f humanity through newtypes, for the Titans it was the promise of peace and order in the Earth Sphere, for Cosmo Babylonia it was meritocracy as a solution to the Federation's corruption. For Zanscare it's pacifism and matriarchy as an alternative to the Federation's male politics.
To highlight the hypocrisy of Zanscare, they're violent and ruthless to almost insane degrees, and ever single woman in a position of power is under the thumb of a man, except Katejina who ironically, even though she was kidnapped, manages to overcome her kidnapper and uses him to boost her career in Zanscare.
The complete nonsense that is Zanscare is even highlighted in their aesthetics. Notice how they use the guillotine, the symbol of the terror of the French Revolution, as their main method of execution, even though they try to emulate old European monarchies.
Personally, as a faction at least, I think Zanscare is legitimately more interesting than the Titans.
>>
File: 1625113191470.png (169 KB, 432x483)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>20909734
But Zeta is shit though.
>>
>>20911439
>Cosmo Babylonia it was meritocracy
I agree with your general statement, but are you sure that's the right word here?
>>
>>20911357
How is it a joke? Zeonic is a very reliable source for Gundam content
>>
>>20911458
Been a long time since I've watched F91, but you're right. Cosmo Babylonia deal was aristocracy, not meritocracy, right?
>>
>>20911333
Victory is not darker than Zeta, Ideon or Dunbine for that matter.
>>
>>20911488
yep, straight up monarchists with a bonus of earthnoid genocide
>>
>>20911333
Zanscare is memorable for me because they're batshit insane relative to everyone else
>>
Are there any Gundams where the delicious brown girl actually gets dicked down by the MC?
I really want to live vicariously through a gundam pilot that crushes brown pussy.
>>
>>20911573
Get help
>>
>>20911577
Shakti was top tier waifu material, but we all know that Uso should have ended up fingering Marbit's hat.
>>
>>20911573
I think IBO.
>>
File: Everly Kay.jpg (432 KB, 1000x750)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
>>20911573
>>20911586
Uso gets to think about it in *great* detail, and he does ultimately arrive at a happy ending.

Now if you're willing to stretch the definition of 'Gundam MC' slightly, Afranchi Char has a *lot* of fun with top-tier waifu Averly Kay in Gaia Gear (predating Victory by 3 years at that)
>>
>>20911586
Get help.
>>
>>20911618
Exactly, I need brown girls with short hair. HELP. HELP ME! I need it bad!
>>
File: 12099.jpg (8 KB, 259x195)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>20909306
>simply for having context for crossbone
>>
>>20911698
I said what I said.
>>
>>20911439
In Gundam usually most of the antagonists came off as rational people even if they've applied their ideology in bad ways. whereas in Victory people are just nuts.

In MSG you never get the sense that Garma, Ramba Ral, M'Quvee, Chalia Bull, Lalah, or the Tri-Stars are crazy people.
They all were just normal soldiers doing their duty but as people they were mostly decent human beings.
Even in Zeta while you have more emotional and angry characters like Jerid he isn't crazy in his thought process.
The only crazy people in CCA are Quess and Char, but Quess is a teenage girl and Char's actions can be understood more deeply when his history is taken into account.

In contrast many of the main antagonists within Zanscare in comparison are just incredibly loopy and often don't feel human at all.
Faula is crazy, Katejina also goes crazy, then you have the Biker couple, Lupe, and the whole bikini squadron and by extension the rest of Zanscare for even letting people like that get into this sort of position.
The reasons why these people are like this are flimsy or non-existent at best.
Even if it's being done to make a point it's still a poor execution. Tomino has done better elsewhere and if anything dropping the ball with these antagonists is probably a result of his dissatisfaction with bandai at the time.
>>
>>20911226
There's less, but still plenty.
>>
>>20911751
Maybe they were unknowingly mind-fucked by some sort of brainwashing system while Kagatie was testing the power of the Angel Halo technology.
>>
Reminder that the only reason Uso isn't the biggest mass murderer out of all the Gundam MCs is because Cronicle fucked up his aim.
>>
>>20912097
he's still pretty high up there, especially among the protagonists
>>
>>20909014
That was shit.
>>
>>20912100
Yeah, but those are mostly legit combat kills. If the Big Cannon had fired as planned, he would've destroyed a colony and all the civilians on it.
>>
File: what's this shit.jpg (168 KB, 960x720)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
damn, they really look like they've been copypasted on the background as an afterthought. And why Usso is such a fucking dwarf lol
>>
>>20912208
he's 13
>>
File: shredded.jpg (136 KB, 1492x1080)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>20912211
Just occurred to me, Judau started barely some months older than Uso and looks definitely more normal, If you don't stare too much at those sexy abs of his, that is. And when they meet in Hasegawa's post Victory manga, Judau still towers over Uso, despite being almost 80
>>
>>20911357
Just because he's a faggot means he can't accurately translate shit?
>>
>Character suddenly gets screen time at the beginning of the episode so you care about them
>Character then dies
>Episode ends with Uso crying
>Repeat
>Fans call this "dark"
>>
>>20912372
>>Episode ends with Uso crying
WINNERS FOREEEEEEEEEEEEEVER.
>>
>>20912236
Judau seems to be comfortable in microgravity since he's familiar with junk work in a petite MS, maybe he's taller if he happens to have spent a considerable amount of time in space whereas Uso has spent his entire life on Earth.
>>
File: 1462669291863.jpg (47 KB, 679x750)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>20912372
>Episode ends with Uso crying
>>
>>20912372
I really wish we got more time with the shrike team, especially kate

like really they all die one episode after each other

I’m only on episode 37 so don’t spoil it if connie lives or not
>>
>>20912097
Didn't this still kill a fuckload of people
>>
File: UC kill counts.png (148 KB, 1926x959)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
>>20912097
>>20912100
Uso has done some shit
>>
>>20912947
Good thing he's not a strong Newtype, if he could feel their souls he would've been fucked.
>>
>>20912937
yeah he obliterated a bunch of battleships
>>
>>20912208
That's how animation cels work you fucking retard.
>>
>>20912937
It destroyed most of Zanscare's regular fleet, but it was originally aimed to destroy their capital colony.
>>
>>20909029

It's dangerous to go alone.

Take this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YI2EYSfnYs
>>
>>20912236
he's a junker, a lot of physical workout just to survive a day
>>
File: proxy-image.jpg (10 KB, 300x225)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>20910876

And Beecha only sold them out because he's a low effort ripoff of Kyao.
>>
File: Kate_Mobile_suit.jpg (51 KB, 679x509)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>20912372
imo, it's not just the deaths themselves, but the context around the deaths that also hit hard
>When Wattary Gilla sees that the pilot of the Victory Gundam is just a kid, he becomes so upset about the fact that children are fighting in the war, he decides to kill himself with a grenade
>That one Shrike team member who was trying to hold up the rail for the launchpad of the space plane because it got damaged in the fight and she wanted all the people in the space plane to launch off safely, but that Zanscare pilot takes advantage of the situation to kill her
>The start of that one episode where in the previous episode you saw a Shrike team member die, but they start the episode with her open casket funeral service, and Uso and Shahkti and too short to see into the casket, so two of the Shrike team members lift them up so Uso and Shahkti can apply makeup to her corpse for the service
it's the little things
>>
>>20912436
>>20912968
>low gravity
>manual labor
Amuro is a nerd and spent a good lot of time on Earth between his early childhood and his after OYW confinement and he's 180 cm, or so official material claims. Seems Uso has just shitty genes
>>
Since this is pretty much a Victory thread soI don't need to make a separate thread, what do you guys think if somehow, somehow Victory is remade?
>>
>>20913289
>what do you guys think if somehow, somehow Victory is remade?
It would be 3Dcgi crap only 12 episodes long. If a second season happened it would come 4 years later, and the show would never be finished.
>>
>>20913289
Only if it's Shin Victory Gundam by Anno
>>
>>20913289
I imagine it'd be a totally different show given tomino's feelings on the matter
>>
I love how the soundtrack captures the European feel of the show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXRYeXvVHHs
>>
File: 1639137137115.gif (195 KB, 512x220)
195 KB
195 KB GIF
Remember that one Doujin where Uso fingers Shakti's hebe asshole? Damn that was hot.
>>
>>20912372
the best part of this was when Junko had humongous death flags two episodes in a row and only died a few episodes later
>>
>>20913359
Either post it here or fuck off
>>
>>20913353
>European feel
the fuck does that even mean?
>>
File: 1631618044965.jpg (411 KB, 1440x1080)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>>20913372
The early Earth parts of Victory are set around Europe, somewhere around Czechoslovakia. The score has hints of European classical music, mainly hints of Russian composers (Stravinsky, Prokofiev, etc.) which is also interesting since Victory was the 1st post-Cold War era Gundam made.
>>
>>20913378
Idk, that track sounds like fantasy anime and JRPGs to me.
>>
Gundam Z has better animation in my opinion.
>>
File: 1281-09.jpg (1.1 MB, 2848x1406)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>20913378
Also fittingly, the Victory Gundam Thousand Nests orchestral soundtrack was recorded by the Kraków Radio Symphony Orchestra.
>>
File: 1602504451079.png (89 KB, 219x248)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>20913336

Yes, he'd have to work very hard to contrive a reason for it to have cheerleaders.
>>
>>20913369
The look on her face was priceless. The way she clearly didn't like the feeling of her tight pucker getting stretched conflicted with the overflowing feeling of getting filled by the boy that she liked. It was like she simultaneously wanted to ask him to stop, while also begging him to keep going. Like, just remember the way she clutched at the blanket and drooled through her gritted teeth!
>>
>>20913378
>>20913400
This definitely make sense, but I like imagining they’re in Finland because Kasarelia == Karelia
>>
>>20913221
>Seems Uso has just shitty genes
but he's the great-grandson of Char
>>
File: running dicklet.jpg (300 KB, 1920x1080)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
>>20913221
and his short height isn't even his main problem
>>
>>20913396
Animations means movement, not looking pretty.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (29 KB, 512x300)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>20913750
>>
>>20909621
>I mostly just remember liking the ground type gundam and the gouf episode.
that's the thing, lots of people say they like 08th MS Team because it's "so grounded! so realistic!" compared to most Gundam stuff but you can count the amount of realism that occurs on one hand, I think the opening and the general "jungle that looks like Vietnam" setting really tricked people
Shit I'd argue the original MSG is more grounded than 08th MS Team
>>
File: uso.png (3.28 MB, 2831x943)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB PNG
So I'm pretty new to victory and I'm not sure if I'm just seeing things I want to see. But is IBO basically Victory with a twist?
I'm noticing a lot of similar scenes handled differently and IBO analogs of the supporting victory staff. Kudelia for example feels like a retread of Ketejina but with a flip of their power dynamic. The Gary fight, while dissimilar in circumstance to Crank's duel also seems to explore the Uso and Mika's characters with contrasting results.
>>
>>20913837
Lol no
>>
>>20913837
of all things, I've never seen anyone compare IBO with Victory
>>
>>20913837
>But is IBO basically Victory with a twist?
You can't be serious
>>
File: 62bko8.jpg (77 KB, 500x508)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>20913837

IBO has better music.
>>
>>20913892
Nah it sounds generic
>>
>>20913892
I bet Mika would have fared better if he had a qt indian childhood friend instead of a moeblob whore.
>>
>>20913336
True. Even Zeta compilation movies are mostly the same except Kamille's fate.

I'd wager if there's such thing as a "optimistic" Victory it would be that Junko didn't die stupidly
>>
>>20913896

Nobody asked what the Ranka Lee fanclub thinks.
>>
>>20913984
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>20912236
Realistically, Uso went through survival training for most of his life, and then had to live a self-sufficient farming life for the entire time his parents were gone. He should be, if not ripped, at least in really good shape. Uso just probably hasn't hit his growth spurt yet.
>>
>>20909029
I fucking love victory man
>>
>>20909029
Looking at this, I'm surprised we never got any scenes where Victory just went quad-wielding beam rifles, two on its hands and two on its legs.
>>
>>20913778
On average Zeta has better movement. Victory has some amazing episodes but it isn't that consistent overall.
>>
File: boss.png (245 KB, 640x480)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
>>20914006
> mfw Uso beam spams with 10 beam rifles
Did any of the model kits and figures even have useable hard points?
>>
>>20913072
>>When Wattary Gilla sees that the pilot of the Victory Gundam is just a kid, he becomes so upset about the fact that children are fighting in the war, he decides to kill himself with a grenade
He kill himself because he saw how desperate the Federation was and his assumption was that he and zanscare can't win against an enemy that willingly employ child soldier and winning.
>>
>>20914840
wrong
>>
>>20914844
Right
>>
>>20913692
Exactly
>>
>>20914753
The master grade model has a bunch of hardpoints that allow attaching accessories, but only rocket pods, not the beam rifles it seems.
>>
>>20914840
You both are wrong, he killed himself because he was so ashamed over being beaten by a kid.
>>
File: winners forever.png (1.62 MB, 1197x823)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>>20908645
Victory is so good and goes to such dark but really well done places that not even Tomino can handle it. Had to take a break because sadness and came back with his Teriyaki Revue fanfic with Turn A. Turn A is not a Gundam show. It's his love letter to that all female play acting troup. That's why it is the way it is. This? Victory? Victory was Tomino doing what he wanted while being angsty over corporate interferance as always.

Victory was the last great albeit massively flawed Gundam show of its era. Uso is fantastic despite being a kid, Shakti was the heart of the show and perpetual reminder of the home Uso wanted to fight his way back to, Karlmann was my favorite annoying baby, space pooch, the lean into religious zealoutry being used by despotic government to secure the power and spread of the Zanscare empire BRUH. So good.

Yes, the giant tire weapons were dumb and yes Katajina was so shoddily written that Tomino just made her a cyber newtype in his novelization to explain it away but honestly, I love this show. This grim yet ultimately hopeful black sheep of the Gundam franchise, rejected by its own father, inspired countless mecha and anime for generations to come (Evangelion being just one of them, with this and Ideon being major inspirations aside from Ultraman etc).

Victory > G Gundam > Wing > IBO >>>>>> retarded 00 "war will end if we just UNDERSTAND"

Winners Forever, bitch
>>
>>20914840
He specifically cries in despair over the state of the world and "the reality I have to face" at seeing a child piloting the war machine, though.
>>
>>20913837
>>20913837
UNlike the dumbbells who replied to you I see where you're coming from and a lot of the similarities you're spotting is because Victory Gundam's themes and plot elements were adopted by countless anime after it, if not directly inspired by it.

The entire crux of IBO is literal child soldiers and dehumanizing youths for war, prostitution, etc. Obviously Victory was the first Gundam show to really tackle the idea of child soldiers on the good guy side, long before Thunderbolt was praised for the same, and whereas Amuro was about the age of a mecha protag if not a year or so younger Uso was the youngest and is the youngest of most mecha protags, especially in a story that involves genocide, beheadings, attempted rape, pedophilia etc.

So are there direct parallels? Probably not, but it's retarded to think the writers behind IBO didn't take some inspiration from Victory.
>>
>>20909079
Shinn using it to OPEN GET might be the only good moment in Destiny
>>
File: Crossbone Gundam X3.jpg (1004 KB, 2600x3340)
1004 KB
1004 KB JPG
>>20913334
That would be so incalcuably strange and wonderful the universe would implode...

Seriously, though, it doesn't need to happen. Victory is a near-masterpiece as it is. Just get on and give us the Crossbone OVAs already and give late UC the love it deserves!!
>>
File: Shakti_kareen_0001.jpg (41 KB, 250x634)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
What's the best quality pure Victory BD rip without denoise or any other filters?
>>
>>20915595
...well the encodergasm BD is probably the highest quality overall, but it's been de-grained and re-grained a lot (read the description, I don't get it desu) https://nyaa.si/view/800584
The x265 bluray rip from gabcab suits me just fine though
>>
>>20915854
>encodergasm
>de-grained and re-grained
Would like to avoid this
>x265 bluray rip from gabcab
Is it on nyaa?
>>
>>20915854
>>20915868
Whoops, found it!
>>
>>20915854
>(read the description, I don't get it desu)
Sunrise put in a shitty filter that can be removed relatively easily, which he did and then put in something to better fit with the earlier episodes which were produced differently. Shit's not complicated.
>>
>>20909815
>>Ple Two's character arc
>Ple Two
>character
pick one
>>
>>20912968
And you know what prevents it from looking odd and depthless? Shading.
>>
>>20913378
>literally a place called Czech and a place called Bohemia
>both are above east-austria
>>
why did katejina lose her memory and eyesight?
>>
>>20917080
>eyesight
Mental stress from newtype sensing all the dead people supporting Uso (kinda like what happened to brainfart Kamille)
>memory
She never lost it. She knew it was Shakti when she heard Karlmann say his own name. She just had to put on a facade that she didn't when Shakti came back with the coordinates on the disk.
>>
>>20911226
personally there really weren't any situations that required Uso to be creative at that point, with things being in the final leg, the worst being crazy bell momma and her sniping platform or katejina throwing women in bikini's at him
>>
>>20911573
Imagine cumming in her beautiful pussy
>>
File: sweaty marbet.jpg (212 KB, 1440x1080)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
what makes her so lovely
>>
>>20919354
She's well written
>>
File: marbet.png (956 KB, 1131x839)
956 KB
956 KB PNG
>>20919354
>>
>>20919354
It's really something else that she leglock squeezes Uso every night in exchange for him becoming the foster father of Oliver's child
>>
>>20919385
More like well designed
>>
>>20919736
Do you really believe that It's oliver's baby? Uso's white devils probably demolish Oliver's pathetic seed with their wings of light.
>>
File: 1653485568680.webm (2.38 MB, 1440x1080)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB WEBM
>>20921537
Marbet is too good of a woman that she would NTR her dead husband while his child is still in her
>>
So, I never watched this, but V Gundam basically /ss/ but with Gundam?
>>
>>20921544
Its not ntr, Oliver would want Marbet to be happy and lets be honest. For the short time they've known each other, Uso has been way more consistent at doing that job.
>>
>>20921550
Submissive shota. If you want someone that's more dominant and forceful, you'd probably want to give IBO a look.
>>
>>20921550
ZZ.
>>
>>20921550
It's the closest we'll ever get to true /ss/ Gundam, but given Tomino you already know who Uso ends up with
>>20921560
What I mean to say is that (I hope) Uso would at least wait till the damn baby is born
>>
>>20921560
>>20921544
>
>>
>>20921592
>but given Tomino you already know who Uso ends up with
Eh, Tomino is kinda 50/50 on the "childhood/neighborhood friend" being the winner. Sure you have winners like Shakti and Fa, but then you also have losers like Fraw and Sochie.
>>
File: Newtype understanding.jpg (322 KB, 962x2162)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>20921550
That's not how you spell ZZ. Uso is too much of a whiny mommyfag, he might be a god pilot but outside the cockpit he's basically shota Kamille but boring and the only older woman who actually tried to have her way with him was a completely crazy butterface. I like my jailbait MC handsome, assertive, and with some bad boy vibe, let alone the fact none of the Victory bland broads can't hold a candle to Haman. Judau x Haman is the only authentic /ss/ in the franchise.
>>
>>20921204
This is such a bad drawing.
>>
>>20923003
Obvious fujo is obvious
>>
File: marbet.jpg (176 KB, 1038x324)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>20923008
for you
>>
>>20923036
Remember that one doujin where Uso worked his way through the shrike team? That was good shit.
>>
File: It Is Acceptable.jpg (179 KB, 500x282)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
One complaint I have about Victory is that the Main character never had to face true danger since he had basically unlimited parts to spare so he could fight recklessly, In other series a pilot would have to fight multiple episodes missing an arm or having a damaged head but in Victory Uso could just say FUCK IT and didn't care how much Victory got damaged, while it leads to some interesting fight scenes the whole series lacked urgency and having a pilot be careful
>>
>>20923003
Haman and Judau might honest to god be one of the worst pairings in Gundam. I have no idea where this comes from or why they did this.
>>
>>20925269
I kind of enjoyed the way he just used his spares as ghetto a mix of funnel and bomb. Like, he'd make his boots kamikaze while spamming its rifle or have his arms spin its sabers or turn on its shields before it collides into shit. Its kind of a shame he doesn't get much cockpit kills with his head vulcan because its so fucking effective.
I do agree though, they could have probably kitted the entire shrike team with Vs if Uso didn't use them carelessly.
>>
>>20909079
I kinda liked it in ZZ, iirc Judau pulled some funny tricks with it like leaving the upper part and legs hanging onto some space-debris and then sneaking around with the core fighter
>>
>>20910876
Tomino was playing stuff like that for comedy at the start but if you stop to think about their lives as slum kids then you can sort of understand that they don't really care about the war but just want to do whatever is in their own best interests, though of course this changes over the course of the series
I mean the only reason Judau ended up getting involved anyways is because he thought he could steal the Zeta and sell it for a profit, a far cry from Amuro's reluctant but necessary piloting or Kamille's resentful urges leading him to get in the Mk2
>>
>>20911357
as compared to the other guy who uses his own ass as a source?
>>
File: beam shield failure.webm (2.88 MB, 640x480)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB WEBM
>>20925269
>In other series a pilot would have to fight multiple episodes missing an arm or having a damaged head
I mean sometimes they lost a head or arm, but it was always fixed by the next episode. Which pilot are you referring to that had to learn to deal with missing limbs for multiple episodes?

>the Main character never had to face true danger since he had basically unlimited parts to spare
Somewhat true, but only when he was fighting as part of an MS team from the LM flagship. There were times that Uso was operating alone or as part of a small team with the Fishbone or White Ark where he didn't have spare parts to rely on. While Uso still had a relatively high performance Gundam, the gap between enemy MS and his own was smaller than for most other protagonists, except for maybe Kamille and his Gundam Mark II. Uso's Victory and V2 Gundams definitely didn't have better armor. For the one or two episodes just before Uso receives the V2 Gundam, he's cornered and on the run from Katejina who whittles down his half-repaired Victory into just the core fighter, and later has to use the damaged leaky core fighter to escape back to his mothership.

Also, urgency came from the fact that often the LM had to fight at a disadvantage when it came to numbers or had specific objectives or things to work around that Zanscare didn't have to do. E.g., most of their fight with the motorad fleet ended up being a desperate struggle where they just couldn't effectively stop or route their advance until Uso went "fuck this shit" and detonated a MS reactor directly in their path.
>>
>>20913383
Those kinds of games take influence from European classical as well.

>>20913837
This is like that meme of the guy who's only seen boss baby watching his second movie and thinking it's similar to boss baby.
>>
>>20925269
>>
>>20925269
>In other series a pilot would have to fight multiple episodes missing an arm or having a damaged head
How many other series did this. I don't recall this being common in Gundam at all.
>>
File: Victory Gundam.webm (1.54 MB, 640x480)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB WEBM
>>20908645
>>20908940
People who say Victory has bad animation are blind.
There's more to animation quality than just shading, otherwise Inferno cop is a visual masterpiece if that's the most important metric.

Victory has great choreography, some of the most inventive in the entire Gundam franchise.
And the quality of the drawings is much better than the previous Gundam shows.
There is a MUCH better understanding of perspective and space applied to the drawings in victory as well.
That largely is due to the fact that it came out in the 90s after realism in anime had matured.
And the character animation is also amazing, especially when they get into space, some of the ways they show people casually moving in Zero-G weren't seen in the prior Gundam tv series, and even 0080. CCA had a few shots, but imo Victory is the first series to really hammer it home.
Victory also has a very strong sense of physicality, the characters interact with their backgrounds so much and that adds to the realism feel the series has.
Just talking about it makes me wanna watch it again.
You had guys like Murase bringing his A-game with tons of great cuts and early Gainax helping out as well.
>>
>>20925972
It's not common no, but I do recall the MK-II having at least 2 sorties with a missing arm in Zeta, and in ZZ there's the infamous Zeta Zaku. 0079 also had some armor damage shown on the Gundam for a few episodes IIRC.
>>
>>20925994
>People who say Victory has bad animation are blind.
Most consumers (read: normalfags) don't put in effort to try and understand or appreciate the actual artistry of animation but rather view it as just a visual storytelling medium, and so if they don't like a particular artstyle they get filtered by it.
>>
>>20913837
How much Gundam have you watched? Both Kudelia and Katejina fit the space princess archetype present in a lot of Gundam stories, which is why you are finding them so similar (although Katejina's arc ends up subverting it). When i first watched Victory she too reminded me a lot of another space princess, the one from F91 (forgot her name lmao), who also fights for the enemy's side at one point (though unlike Katejina she doesn't become a villain)
>>
>>20929388
Cecily "The nice bread baker down the street" Fairchild, also known as Berah "Motherfucking Space Pirate Captain" Ronah
>>
>>20929396
Cecily ‘the second coming of Queen Emeraldas’ no?
>>
>>20913837
>>20929388
I don't really see the Kudelia and Katejina parallels. Aside from being blonde and having romantic/sexual tension with MC, they're pretty different. The space princess archetype in Victory is Shakti anyway, since Katejina is never really elevated by anyone as a symbol or a person who is important/necessary for either side's goal.
>>
Cumming on Maribet's musky bush!!!
>>
>>20915348
>Turn A is a love letter to that all female play acting troup
Expand on this? I'm intrigued
>>
>>20935415
I don't know the connection, but the most famous acting troupe is this one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takarazuka_Revue

They adapt anime, manga, and other stuff for their theatre plays. They've even done LOGH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7TteLCr6OQ
>>
File: zombie team.jpg (733 KB, 1200x848)
733 KB
733 KB JPG
>>
Is the whole reactor exploding = really bad exclusively a victory thing? I don't recall anyone giving a fuck in the other gundams.
>>
>>20936869
It's stated to pollute the Earth in Victory, and seeing how the planet is basically half-dead that's a much bigger deal than it was in earlier wars. Especially since both sides have their reasons for preserving Earth, which wasn't the case with for example Zeon or Federation.
But it's never really fully explained as far as I know. But it does make the fights a fair bit more interesting in my opinion.
>>
>>20936873
What I don't get is how the reactor exploding is going to pollute anything. Aren't MS powered by fusion? Fusion is clean AFAIK.
>>
>>20936900
The bigger question is why either side didn't exploit the fact that people avoid shooting generators. Why not build a mobile suit with a reactor for a shield? Why not build a mobile suit that threatens an explosion on pilot death?
>>
>>20936869
I finished Gundam and Zeta and the reactor exploding is bad due to the collateral damage (colonies get holes in them a whole bunch of times due to the robots exploding) but the shows don't go into the residual radiation
>>
>>20908645
Perhaps here but in general it's considered one of the worst
>>
>>20940800
I didn't notice you said animation I suck cocks.
>>
>>20936909
because both sides also proved they're willing to blow the reactor if the situation is dire enough.
>>20936900
Crossbone Ghost explicitly states the reactors are clean so yeah, I'm stumped.
>>
>>20936900
Even without radiation explosions are just bad for the environment.
Especially if they're happening as frequently as in Victory and on such massive scales.
>>
>>20936900
Just exploding massive amounts of land is gonna cause issues even if there isn't nuclear fallout.
>>
>>20940800
And yet people praise garbage such as Unicorn
>>
>>20925269
Isn't LM underfunded? Uso should've been scolded for wasting so many MS parts.
>>
>>20943610
Unicorn had great animation.
>>
File: 1625113191470.png (318 KB, 638x714)
318 KB
318 KB PNG
>>20943642
What else did it have going for it?
>>
>>20943733
Marida, but the subject was the better animated Gundam series.
>>
Just finished this.

DID HE REALLY HAVE TO KILL CONNIE?? AND FRANNIE? AND FUCKING ODELO?!??

Those were really the only deaths that felt stupid.
>>
>>20908645
based timeline traveler anon
>>
>>20944526
yeah, Odelo's death is fucking retarded and unnecessary even for a Tomino show.
I also hate that they somehow completely forgot about Tomasche. I mean he was a great pilot and deserved some closure too.
I guess he just went back to Hiland Station with his family.
>>
>>20943733
Music, cinematic direction style.
Honestly the only real issue I’ve had with Unicorn is how it fits into UC lore.
And how underdeveloped the Banagher-Mineva romance is.
Other than that it’s fine.
>>
>>20909252
IBO and 00 are fine if you aren't a UC purist faggot who can't stand actually entertaining media getting in the way of your three hundred hour lame space epic, telling the same boring ass story 15 times with slightly different characters and mecha designs

(The fact that you didn't put Unicorn on that list outs you as a UC fag that will gobble up any trash that occurs within your special sacred main timeline and will reflexively ignore anything actually decent as soon as it drops the braindead outdated-by-the-90s storyline.)
>>
>>20944708
>IBO
>actually entertaining
Only towards the end. The rest was boring and dry as fuck.
>>
>>20909734
why do people think zeta is good? serious question, I can't even get past the first few episodes with how fucking annoying the kid is
>>
>>20944984
I don’t get the hype either.
Honestly I found the movies easier to watch though that may be because I just had to spend less time doing so.
Zeta was such a slog for me.
I don’t take issue with Kamille at all though.
>>
>>20944984
>I can't even get past the first few episodes
You are not eligible to state your opinion yet
>>
>>20943642
>Animation being good means the show is good
If that’s the case 0083 should be on top of everyone’s lists.
>>
>>20909078
>it's still gundam though, so it's not like it's straight up objectively bad,

Gundam is always ALWAYS bad until proven otherwise
>>
>>20944984
Kamille is a fucking amazing protagonist, wtf
>>
>>20908645
Does anyone have the Angel Halo version of Shakti's song that plays in episode 50, it's really haunting.
>>
>>20944984
you're not autistic enough to relate to him, and that's good for you. /m/ on the other hand is full of losers largely in the spectrum, who self-insert into the pretty horny femboy with little to no character development
>>
>>20909734
>first half of ZZ is fucking atrocious but the second half
getting real sick of people "thinking" ZZ was seen as bad solely because of tonal whiplash after Zeta
>>
>>20946138
https://youtu.be/IhjdGnR172k
>>
File: drink-ana.jpg (485 KB, 1280x720)
485 KB
485 KB JPG
>>20944623
>Honestly the only real issue I’ve had with Unicorn is how it fits into UC lore.
It's way better if you treat Unicorn and Narrative as different timeline from f91 and Victory.
Gundam makes the most sense as a pick and choose canon anyway.
>>
>>20948389
I think it works fine, you just need to acknowledge that the idealistic message at the end of Unicorn basically fell flat.
>>
>>20947191
>past 47 episodes and nothing changed
commit neck
I know you've only seen the new translation and not the actual tv series if you unironically believe anything you said
>>
>>20944984
Filtered by slanty eyed James Dean
>>
>>20947208
first half of ZZ sucks even without watching it right after Zeta. The slapstick humor is just poorly executed. It's not like I dislike having humor in my gundam, I love Turn A and that one has plenty of humorous scenes. But these are based more on timing and situations, rather than "HAHA FUNNY, LAUGH NOW" of ZZ.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.