[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 19 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Macross_Zero_DVD_Poster.jpg (324 KB, 1000x1386)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
I've seen everything Macross related besides Macross II, Zero and 7. Anything out of those worth watching?
>>
>>20849303

a thousand times 7
>>
You get to watch planes, which other incentive do you need?
>>
>>20849313
True. I was going to watch 7 at some point anyway. Just wanted to know if i should give priority to Zero or II because i rarely see anyone talk about them
>>
File: 7-plus-13f.png (399 KB, 640x480)
399 KB
399 KB PNG
>>20849313
>>
>>20849303
all 3 are shit
>>
>>20849303
II is pretty innofensive. I would say its worth the watch because its fairly pretty and has good music, but character wise, its just a half baked SDF/DYRL. Its not really bad, but just can't stand as its own entity.
>>
>>20849303
A lot of people hate on it because it's not by the same creator, but Macross II is one of my fav. I watched Robotech back in the day and when I found II it opened my eyes to anime and it was all downhill from there. And I think the Valkyries are some of the best, and Ishtar!!! Story has some weak points but what anime doesn't have some holes? Zero as well isn't bad, but the English translations I've had I think loose something in the meaning. And 7... it expands on the DYRL universe and style, but gods I hate Basara! He's so mean to that poor flower girl, and no guns?! Give me some reflex warheads anyday!
>>
>>20849303
7 is one of the worst things to come from the 90s and anyone who praises it is blatantly being contrarian. II and Zero are average, inoffensive watches with some great action scenes to prevent being total snoozefests.
>>
>>20849403
faggot
>>
7 was the last good Macross entry so definitely watch that.
>>
>>20849443
>>20849448
hurr durr kill yourselves
>>
>>20849328
>Does literally nothing
>>
>>20849303
Zero is pretty good.
For years I heard people say it was bad, but when I finally got around to it I came away thinking it's one of the best Macross entries.
It also has some amazing CG integration for an anime from 2002.
>>
Macross 7 is peak 90s mecha, very good.
Just do not binge watch it, go through it an episode a week, like God intended.
Zero has some pretty mecha designs and good dogfights.
I hate MII's mech designs, so I've never watched it.
>>
>>20849325
Zero's final episode is 95% dogfights. What do you think?
>>
>>20849544
>x is peak y
Fuck off normalfag.
>>
File: Mao.png (876 KB, 1280x720)
876 KB
876 KB PNG
>>20849303
Watch Zero. And then the rest.
>>
>>20849544
It's honestly not that bad, the first 17 episodes are the really slow and somewhat dull ones. After the arrival of Sivil the story rapidly ramps up.
>>
>>20849464
She listened to his song.
>>
>>20853241
>After the arrival of Sivil the story rapidly ramps up
>After the worst character in all of Macross shows up, the show somehow socks less
Yeah, okay buddy. This is why nobody takes macucks fans seriously.
>>
>>20849303
All of them.

M2 is okay, kind of dips in budget by it's end, only real downside is that if you're a continuity wonk, it's non-canon

Zero is kind neat, has some nice ideas buried in it, has unrefined CG animation that's kind of proto-Frontier, kind of slumps to an ending? Was a tough watch in it's day because of the pacing and release schedule, better now when you can binge it.

7 is fun, builds a ton of world stuff that everything after it follows on with, is heavily prioritized towards it's music and characters rather than mecha action, it has notoriously high use of stock footage. Also suffers a very slow formulaic start that gives an initially kind of bad impression. The status quo only shifts with an event at the end of it's first 13 episodes, iirc.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.