[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: EKYSf-JU0AAgPBB.jpg (517 KB, 1476x2048)
517 KB
517 KB JPG
Where's the fan art? edition.
>>
Previous Thread: >>20750409
>>
File: cbJ6lZQ.png (343 KB, 682x372)
343 KB
343 KB PNG
Based
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhZ3_mdEXlQ
>>
Is there any official art of 4th gen cockpits? They've shown it in 3rd and 5th books but I don't think I've seen any for Nexts.
>>
>>20793131
>4th gen cockpits
What would they even look like, a sarcophagus with the pilot's body suspended in stasis, interfacing with the machine through a neurolink (effectiveness of which would probably be tied to whatever the AMS aptitude is)? Probably wouldn't look like much. Still, I too am curious.
>>
File: X-49_COFFIN_0001.jpg (47 KB, 640x480)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>20793152
I imagine similar to Ace Combat 3's COFFIN system
>>
>>20793152
I was worried it would be gelatin coffins like >>20793197
It works in the realms of superscience, which is appropriate for 4th gen. Human plus has been around since gen 1 after all and direct neural interface has always been the endgame in all sci-fi piloting. But damn does the lack of button pushing, lever pulling, stick shimmying, window glancing and tiny glint screaming take away from the ace pilot aesthetic.
>>
>>20793234
>I was worried it would be gelatin coffins
Unless you have some sort of on board gravity control (with the craft itself running on some sort mystery magnetism) that cancels the external Gs, it seems the best way to go. I'd say that ZoE side stepped it well, but in the anime you can clearly see that at least some forces (or above some certain point) still affect the pilot.
>>
>>20793281
True enough, early gen cockpits would probably be smeared with blood just from boost hopping and corridor swabbing. 4th gens are apparently really big so maybe they have a lot of space in the core for some sort of gyro suspended seat that cancels out the horrible movement. That or a ball suspended in kojima shielding.
>>
Are any of the games backwards-compatible on Xbox?
>>
>>20793337
unfortunately no
>>
Anyone still play VD on the pee ess triple?
>>
>>20793392
After getting all I wanted in VD, I find myself replaying V's campaign more often which still means about once every year or otherwise whenever a blue moon shines, since, despite V's gameplay being less polished than VD, the longer mission format with actual environments is just more fun to me. VD is all just multiplayer maps and what amounts to multiplayer gameplay but with ai opponents instead. Also, whenerver I played online and by that I mean grinding medals and combat data for UNAC, not once did I meet another player, despite there clearly being user ACs in the VoW news thingy on the world map.
>>
>>20793392
I assume what little traffic remains comes from three sources:
-That discord group occasionally getting together on free battle.
-That Korean guy whose name I forgot but he loves UNACs and I love him forever because he, probably unwittingly, backhanded some bladerfag (can't remember his name either but he was frequently patrolling the free battle section some year ago) with supreme disrespect
-I bet that AD0 guy is still running matches against himself so that he can top the leaderboards with all of his accounts
Actually can you check that last one for me?
>>
Are quads and tanks good in 4? In the old games they were good for shooting cannons while grounded, but since everyone can do it now, I dont really see the point anymore.
>>
>>20793528
Tanks can have Rifle size weapons in Hangers and Quads IIRC ignore load for speed purposes so you get drastically higher speed with the same weapons.
>>
>>20793528
the usual horizontal speed and turning speed for quad legs. Tank legs for defense, and having any hand weapon in storage, not just small ones.
I don't remember if they still have a different animation for energy blades.

How would you balance leg types and/or cannon use for the possible next AC game?
for me:
>tank legs can use both back cannons at the same time while moving
>quad legs can use 1 back cannon while moving
rest unchanged, classic AC.
>>
man, Marche au Supplice is a much darker mission after you play FA and realize that Berlioz was trying to pull off the Closed Plan decades before ORCA
>>
Is it actually possible to beat the PSP games with one analog stick?
>>
>>20793528
Quads in 4 are so unremarkable that I'm not sure they have a point. Tanks are okay, but being able to dodge is much more valuable than defense and that quirk about getting to load any arm weapon in the hangars. Honestly, I don't think either are really worth using.
However, FA introduces light models of both of those and they are far and away the best in class for each. The light quad is quite nimble and quads in general get to use hard-hitting back weapons without the recoil penalty. The light tank still isn't great, but thanks to the hangar quirk you can do all sorts of hilarious builds that can be low-key deadly. My favorite is loading up two Marves and hangaring...that other Marve, the one Omer made. You know it when you see it. It lets you damage race basically any Next that can't one-shot you.
>>
>>20793590
>rest unchanged, classic AC.
nah
If you change one thing, you gotta change the rest too, for, uh, muh balance or whatever.
>Bipeds and reverse joints can use back cannons while moving but with small to moderate accuracy and moderate to severe recoil penalties, depending on where the weapon is on the scale between a fast pea shooter to a slow heavy hitter.
>Hovers if they ever make a come back for some reason can do whatever but with even heavier penalties and recoil just pushing them around without any resistance unless they are actively boosting forward, which still would bring them either close to a halt or push them back anyway, depending on how strong the boosters are. They'd be able to just hover heh at any given height but with the massive recoil pushing them around, they'd stagger heavily and take damage if they hit anything while being pushed around.
I wonder if PLOW's going to make a come back, I miss my old gen lrj with oversized weaponry with enough weight for three ACs. 4th gen felt a bit restrictive with the weight limit at least on the parts I used. Why can't I just put all the biggest, baddest cannons on my sleek, delicate bird frame?
>>
>>20793655
Well, a decade, but yeah. Its a shame, considering 4's raven ends up taking up the mantle in FA pretty much. Really should not have fucked with anatolia.
>>
>>20793310
I always imagined who AMS thing involved some IBO AV system bullshit to justify how fast NEXTS can react to shit.
>>
File: 2008y08m08d_194309671.jpg (283 KB, 980x735)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
I want bipeds to be able to trade both arm weapons to wield a big back cannon like this
>>
>>20794901
The whole AMS thing*

Jesus christ i cant type today.
>>
So am I right that if you start ACV today, you will be locked to the starter parts forever?
>>
>>20795305
Don't you get the whole shop open by simply grinding team rank A, which can be done entirely offline? You can't get tuned weapons theough, those were online only.
>>
>>20795321
This came up last thread. I booted up my copy and the shop was totally desolate, so yeah as far as I can tell you're stuck with starter parts and possibly anything you find in missions.
>>
>>20795364
What a stupid move on From's part to tie it so hard to online, but leave it on a console
>>
>>20795364
Weird, so you need the console connected to the internet to get any parts in the shop then? I'm pretty sure that I played offline during my first playthrough and the shop filled anyway, but that was some good five or six years ago. Really bizzare, to do something like that in anything else other than an mmo.
>>
>>20795464
I had the same memory, but it looks like the shop's inventory is tied to the existence of the server, even in the offline mode.
>>
>>20795464
I just replayed V and VD like a month ago and it seemed fine.
>>
>>20795464
>>20795491
This is incorrect, >>20795321 is correct information.
You start with only Junk parts, then unlock parts as your team rank levels up.
Try to rush the Order missions until you reach Big Joe / Bird Eater.
One of the easiest to farm for XP as they are both very weak to TE damage.
>>
>>20795506
I remember farming some guy in a metro tunnel, he went down in about thirty seconds from either dual rifles or te machineguns.
>>
"farming" "experience"
Yeah I don't think that was a good addition to Armored Core. It was never a good system for any videogame to begin with.
>>
>>20795523
Yeah, I'd much rather have the shop open up along the campaign and just stay unlocked on the subsequent playthroughs. This system was more in place in MWC where you have to "research" your equipment which is basically a nice way of saying that you have to pay for everything twice and even then it held weight simply because of the replayable nature of the missions (or at least the timed ones, you can do pretty much everything in one go without the timer).
>>
25th anniversary this year.

Do you think FromSoftware will actually do something for it?
>>
>>20795668
Fingers crossed for the big announcement at some anniversary event
>>
>>20795668
Another music box?
>>
>>20795870
scary
>>
>>20795870
That'd be nice, I'm not dropping...looks like about $700 on that.
>>
>>20795668
Teaser trailer for the new game
>>
I really fucking hope there's another new Armored Game and that it prompts a reprinting of all the 4th gen model kits. I really want a Stasis, Ambient, and Noblesse Oblige. Fuuuuuck
>>
So... The only protagonists that have a official name/designation besides "Raven" are Leos Klein, Anatolia's Mercenary, Strayed and the Dark Raven. Correct?
>>
>>20794903
For what purpose?
>>
>>20796708
To not have to kneel to shoot it.
>>
>>20795870
Was there even anything to do with AC (much less new music) released between the last one and now that would warrant another one? I'd rather have a new line of kits or even restock of the old ones. Or even some more of those SD figurines. Why are literal pieces of plastic so expensive? Translated NOT """LOCALIZED""" artbooks would be great too after being scanned and released on sadpanda or something.
>>
>>20796633
The only other one i can think of is the AC3 MC, but thats literally only because at the start the AI goes "Yo, Citizien XXXX, You a raven now." Thats about it
>>
>>20793666
yes, satan, just make sure you customize every input to whatever suits you.
>>
>>20794903
grenade launcher weapon arms already exist, even has select fire for 1 or 2 shots
>>
>>20797462
He said back-cannon. Obviously he's talking about wielding a cannon with two arms so that bipedal legs don't have to stop and kneel to use them. It would look cooler than retarded weapon arms.
>>
Do you ever get to use Nineball's three shot plasma gun?
>>
>>20797499
The three shot variant is part firing rate hack, part infinite ammo, and part basic 200 ammo Pulse Rifle.
Without cheating, you can't use this, or Valkyrie's auto Slug Gun.
>>
>>20794903
It would be pretty nice to use it in >>20795668 I think 9ball was the only one depicted to hold his gun in two hands.
Maybe you could forgo a left hand weapon and it somehow improves the stats? Less recoil and more accuracy are no brainers. But I guess people will have issue if you increase damage somehow.
Maybe if its a choice you have to commit to in the garage it lets you carry more ammo?
>>
>>20798108
The stats you listed are more than enough. I've always found it strange that weapons as big as the Karasawa are always held in one hand by a teeny tiny handle.

Being able to choose to use specific two-handed weapons would directly give more value to forearm weapons like blades. Back cannons that are normally off limits to most builds will find more use with such a system. It lets them balance the offhand ranged weapons that are forearm mounted as well, making them weaker in exchange for being able to use a 2-hander though not simultaneously, so those few weapons now have a unique reason for being forearm mounted rather than handheld.

But pulse weapons in general shouldn't need to be two handed or kneeling restricted either. Those things are so puny it is so strange that you need to kneel for them.
>>
>>20797468
>It would look cooler than retarded weapon arms
nothing cooler than having dual cannons instead of arms.
the retard is YOU.
>>
>>20795553
I think completing challenges for more advanced parts was the funnest aspect of early 3rd gen even if some were kinda bullshitty. While you unlock parts for completing missions, you can also replay those missions for more parts which is a much more engaging system than something as lazy and boring as leveling/experience systems.
>>
>>20794903
You could also have a back mounted weapon unfold under the arm (which would then hold onto it to support it) instead of over the shoulder, so it would take two slots (same side back+hand).
>>
>>20798161
Gen V did have some cool stuff too, some AC opponents had custom part variations and the wreck treasure hunt was quite enjoyable in V, giving some more incentive to explore the environment. Even though VD had that too, the boring maps made it more of a chore. Then again, the treasure hunt aspect was present in the series since the beginning, so that's nothing new, with gen 4 being the odd one out this time. I wonder if part hunting is going to come back too in some form.
>>
>>20796826
You guys who get all obsessed over the kneeling thing. Lmfao
It just reminds me that most people who've played the Armored Core series never bothered to touch the PS3 games. You never moved on, bro.
>>
>>20799036
The average vocabulary of a 4fag
>>
>>20793528
Quads are literally useless.
Less load than humanoid legs. Less mobility than reverse legs, less stability than tank legs.
>>
File: IMG_20220424_214304.jpg (811 KB, 1728x2304)
811 KB
811 KB JPG
>>20799036
>>
>>20796633
Leos Klein is outdated information based on hearsay. He's a Nine Breaker and old as fuck but never actually concretely linked to the MoA protag. AC3 and Silent Line protags have "names" that are designations given by two AIs, if those count. ACVD protag is identified cowboy/samurai-style as a "lone mercenary" (which makes absolutely no sense in context but it's what's written in the intro so whatever).
>>
>>20796633
>>20799623
Also, the ACV protag is called "Black Bird" in the Japanese version. "Dark Raven" though thematically appropriate for the franchise as a whole, is English-only fanservice. YMMV on whether or not that's a good thing.
>>
RJs should have been the high energy cost high jumper fast runner option. Humanoid legs are more structurally and energy efficient at walking.
>>
>>20799664
>high en cost high jumping
weren't they exactly this in a few to several games? You just rarely jump
>>
>>20799664
Nah, fuck you. RJs are good as they are.
>>
>>20799811
Low energy actually, but I think >>20799664 is making a point about RJs working the opposite to real world biology.
>>
>>20799623
Checked a wiki, and apparently in a novel the name of MoA protagonist is Fritz Byne.

Is there anywhere I could find that novel?
>>
>>20799967
Wasn't the MoA raven Leos Klein?
>>
>>20799967
Japanese Amazon and Ebay for a physical copy. Scans are also available online if you type certain combinations of words.

>>20800377
Never confirmed and almost certainly bullshit.
>>
>>20800377
Heavily implied. 2 is a direct sequel to MOA, Klein is a "Ninebreaker" implying he beat Nineball, which we only know of the MOA protag doing. He's also almost 100 years old, making it easy to place in the whatever time gap is between the two games. He also knows how to use the crazy Martian tech, which is never explained, unless he is familiar with the super advanced tech Nineball Seraph used, which again only the MOA protag knew about.
>>
>>20800536
>Klein is a "Ninebreaker" implying he beat Nineball
Klein appears in AC2 and by that point in the setting, "Nine Beaker" just refers to the top Raven of the Arena. That's why Ares' logo is Nine-Ball's emblem getting cracked.

>whatever time gap is between the two games
MoA was in ED 0158 and AC2 takes place in ED 0223, so it's 65 years.

Meanwhile, the ancient Martian technology are just AI controlled pre-Great Destruction machines that self-evolved with the programmed goal of terraforming Mars. Murakumo discovered that and Zio Matrix followed.
>>
File: AC_Annihilator_Parts[1].jpg (730 KB, 1173x1741)
730 KB
730 KB JPG
>>20799967
>>20800507
>The AC, which also appears in the opening movie has been referred to as the "Annihilator" among fans, this nickname is derived from the Fritz Byne's AC in the Armored Core Master of Arena Novel written by Sami Shinosaki and illustrated by Taishu Matsuda.
>illustrated
Anyone here seen any of those illustrations?
>>
>>20800377
Categorically false, the protag in every AC game regardless of timeline is you and only you.
>>
>>20803253
The pilot of White Glint in FA is the player character from 4, Anatolia's Mercenary.

So it's entirely possible that the pilot of Ethermaster in 2 is the player character from MOA.

And that novel has never been acknowledged as canon by From as far as I know, it has never been referenced by them or followed up on.
>>
>>20800572
The thing with Leos isnt just the fact he's a nine breaker, but your operator basically goes "Yo uhhh...This dudes old he was around in the fucking RAVENS NEST" or some shit like that, which would mean thre would only be one nine breaker around.
>>
>>20803357
Found the post (copypasted from LP Archive):
>Nell Aulter posted:
>About Klein
>We here at the Nerves Concord have been secretly investigating Leos Klein, the leader of the Frighteners. In doing so, we've learned some interesting things about him.
>We've recovered his Arena registration, which dates back to the subterranean era. It appears as though Klein was a member of the the mercenary mediation group known as the Raven's Nest.
>Also, Klein's name appears on the roster as a member of the initial Mars Research Team that was funded by Zio Matrix.
>Who on earth is he?

That said, in AC2 "Nine Breaker" is a term for whoever is at the top of the Arena at the time. Leos could be the OG Nine Breaker, or just one of the first followers.
>>
>>20803357
>>20804006
And before that, you get this after the first fight with the Special Forces:
>Nell Aulter posted:
>Special Forces/Frighteners
>They're called Frighteners, the Earth Government's Special Forces.
>Many are ex-Ravens, and they've come to enforce order amid the corporate battles that are quickly getting out of hand.
>But their aim is to strengthen LCC. Removal of the soldiers, namely Ravens, is the most effective way to reduce the might of the corporations. And they have what it takes to do it.
>The leader, Leos Klein, is rumored to have the title Nine Breaker, indicating his skill as a Raven. It is said that he never surrendered his number-one ranking in the Arena.
>We cannot guarantee your safety. Please take care.
>>
>>20803357
>>20804006
>>20804030
>That said, in AC2 "Nine Breaker" is a term for whoever is at the top of the Arena at the time. Leos could be the OG Nine Breaker, or just one of the first followers.
This is exactly what I'm getting at. The problem is that because of AC2's setting, it is equally possible that he's one of the Nine Breakers that followed. The identity of the OG Nine Breaker gets even more muddled because AC1 and MoA took place at the same time according to the 10 Works Complete File book. Who's to say that the MoA protag defeated Nine-Ball before the AC1 protag defeated the Nine-Balls guarding R, and which of them really got the credit for that?
>>
>>20804207
MoA's did. MoA is the game that matters out of the first generation. Klein's final words echoing Nineball's in MoA is intentional.
>>
>>20804609
R says the same thing to the AC1 protag.
>>
Man, going to fA after getting 100% in 4, there's such a big improvement in part variety and maps. But damn fA is too fast compared to 4, trying to track enemy ACs is a nightmare. The loss of the dedicated lockon is bad, and the auto turn camera barely works and even works against you when you're trying to go in a straight line towards AFs but chaff enemies keep making you turn. Also fA's UI seems like a step backwards from 4, since in 4 you could easily switch between core > boosters > weapons > stabilizers > tuning without having to go in and out of multiple menus.
>>
>>20806576
>But damn fA is too fast compared to 4, trying to track enemy ACs is a nightmare.
Have you tried using recs 1.40?
>>
>>20807012
I had assumed based on the descriptions that regs 1.3 and 1.4 were multiplayer only. I also heard 1.2 was better for single player. Is there somewhere that has better descriptions between the different regulations?
>>
>>20807014
1.00 is the best for single player, the entire game was developed with it in mind from the start. 1.2/3/4 change a whole lot and are geared for PVP. I don't really remember the finer details between them, but I do remember that White Glint is basically OP as fuck in 1.00. The Cluster missiles it uses are ridiculous. 1.20 is extremely fast, and 1.3 dialed that back a little. 1.40 I don't remember any noteworthy traits of, and by then I'd fallen off the MP bandwagon anyway.
>>
>>20807014
Regs themselves have good enough description. 1.40 works well in single player, muh multiplayer only really applies to NEXT vs NEXT fights, which is pretty much the meat of the game, aside from going against AFs. Other then that, I don't know.
>>
>>20807016
i beat the game in 1.0 and 1.2 and barely noticed a difference besides 1.0 being slower in general and some enemy normals being stronger, not nothing too gamechanging.
everything still loses to dual back chainguns with the starting rosenthal next lol.
>>
>>20807016
1.4 didn't change a whole lot, the only things I can remember are the larger down time after using AA (and maybe also damage?) and the Sapla ammo reduction.
>>
So i beat 3. Now all the missions are unlocked including the distract union forces one. Can i just do it and get the sawa?
>>
>>20809543
Do it fast enough and then do the extra side mission they want you to. I think the transport for that will hover around the center, over the river. I sure remember having hard time finding it unless I was in the right place at the right time.
>>
>>20809556
Distract union forces is the side mission. But yeah im just gonna try it. If that doesnt unlock it ill farm crest rep. Redo the cannon mission and speedrun it then do the union forces one
>>
>>20804207
>Who's to say that the MoA protag defeated Nine-Ball before the AC1 protag defeated the Nine-Balls guarding R, and which of them really got the credit for that?
Now that I'm thinking about it, there's one big difference between AC1 Raven and MoA Raven about how their relationships with the Raven's Nest were until things went to outright war.

AC1 Raven's dealings went as normal as mercs can go, even as Chrome and Murakumo went to open war with each other, until the Destroy Floating Mines mission, when the Nest tries to make the Raven commit suicide by Nine-Ball. They fail and "R" gets destroyed.

The MoA Raven's dealings with the Nest were far more messy. With both your operator proving uncooperative and your sponsor messing with your Arena license in exchange of direct contracts without the Nest recieving any payment, it gets him fired from the Ravens before the endgame. He more or less joins PROGTECH's side in the Chrome/Murakumo war as they're the only ones who will help him to take down Nine Ball and the Raven's Nest, which he does.

Now, in AC2, before the first battle with Leos Klein, he mentions that the Raven reminds him of someone, a rebel. I'm not saying that Klein IS the MoA Raven, but he sure seems familiar with the tale of the latter.
>>
Youtube suddenly gave me this, just an reaction video of the OST but really weird to see this appearing out of nowhere

https://youtu.be/w1W5P5w_SCM
>>
>>20813884
Thank you for bringing attention to that, but
>reaction video
No. Just no.
>>
>>20813884
Seems like some Youtuber are prepping for the inevitable AC bandwagon come the reveal.
>>
>>20812534
All that'd mean is that Leos is either the AC1 or MoA protag. Considering his loadout i'd guess he'd lean more MoA than AC1, purely cause he looks like a blue nineball which is very ironic.
>>
>>20815911
Klein's AC is actually red in-game?
>>
>>20816163
That's a fake Klein iirc
>>
>>20815911
Reminder that the AC2 mission where you fight the fake Klein is a imitation of the final battle with Nine-Ball in Master of Arena.
>>
Whats the state of AC4 on rpcs3? Never played it but i want to give it a go
>>
File: 1582859333477.jpg (778 KB, 768x1024)
778 KB
778 KB JPG
So, when's the new game supposed to be announced? Any good guesses?
>>
>>20823404
Considering From's current reputation and their announcement pattern, i'd say its either Summer Game Fest, the 25th anniversary celebration for the series or TGS.
>>
>new ac
>only control scheme is the pre-nexus one
>the great filtering begins
>>
Nexus is a way bigger pain in the ass than I remember, fuck this heat holy shit. This game is much more difficult than I remembered it being for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>20823560
Just tune everything for cooling and you're golden.
>>
>>20823555
I am actually afraid of whatever shit normalfags could latch on to shit on the new AC, since they will most likely go to it and try since now it will be "from the makers of dark souls/elden ring" kind of product and create such bad reception that it vould be a good argument to never try AC again, or at least in a form we know it
>>
Do these games still hold up? I want to play a mech game, and the only mech game I've really played is Hawken, and an AC demo disc back in PS2 days. Or the GITS PS1 game if you count that as a mech game, but I'd prefer something more modern.
>>
>>20823783
nope sadly the games scan the room with lasers and if they spot a zoomer the console detonates, killing everyone nearby.
>>
>>20823785
it's really amazing the shit a real PS2 can do if you code for it
>>
>>20823785
Zoomers famously alive for PS1 and PS2
>>
>>20823712
You must gatekeep and bully.
>>
>>20824180
bulli le newfags uwu
>>
>>20824516
>Instagibbed by an MG and strafting left
>>
>>20792975
>bulli le newfags uwu
This, but unironically
>>
Fuck yeah got the karasawa in AC3. Not as bad as i thought well i did cheese it
>>
>>20823783
>Do these games still hold up?
What a dumb fucking question. Seriously.
>>
>>20825438
>Beware that, when bullying newfags, you yourself do not become bullied by newfags.
t. probably not PK the Sparklehound
>>
Why would i not go H+ in AC1 and 2. 3 gives me the no H+ experience if i want that...
>>
>>20826997
Learn to do it without.
>>
>>20823555
Dont give me hope.
>>
>>20826997
they're easy enough without doing it honestly.
>>
>>20826997
AC2AA gets pretty hard without H+ so I'd say for the challenge.
>>
>AC6 wont be gen1 inspired
Sas but i hope they play up the nineball stuff. Would be cool if AC6 was a gen1 trilogy reboot but with AC4 design.
>>
>master of arena
>no save transfer
>no human+
>no PLOW
>but im using the WG-XFwPPk
Cringe or based?
>>
File: Armored Core, fuck yeah.jpg (105 KB, 1080x733)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>20829647
>cringe
cringe
>based
cringe
You should play the game blindfolded (sight is too OP) and with your toes only (hands are too OP), using the default control scheme (as the devs intended the game to be played). Starter parts only if you opt for perfectly balanced experience (as you should).
>>
File: pm.jpg (24 KB, 372x483)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>20792975
Recommended artists?
>>
>>20829679
Yes sir, right away sir
>>
File: FRx6v_xXsAIBp-m.jpg (532 KB, 1654x2048)
532 KB
532 KB JPG
>>20792975
First Gen ACs are the most powerful race...
>>
>>20793069
Back to /v/ soulsfag
>>
>>20795668
Too busy milking soulsbournring shit to care about AC. :/
>>
>>20829889
Well i mean AC6 is coming so not for too long.
>>
>>20829697
How come no one makes nice art of hd-gry-nx?
>>
Warming up to Nexus. Just needed to make a middleweight with enough speed to feel closer to the ACs from past games. I love armored core.
>>
>>20828439
Wasnt V kinda of retool of gen 1? With Chief/Carol kinda being the 9ball analogues
>>
>>20831224
Not him but I'd prefer it more directly, it's been actually 20 years since we fought nineball for real
>>
>>20829679
Somehow this still sounds feasible
>>
>>20823555
is it really a problem when you can remap the buttons?
>>
>>20799664
>high energy cost high jumper fast runner option
bro have you seen grasshopper legs?
I agree reverse bipeds should run faster at cost of stability though, see - ostriches
>>
>>20831671
The problem with having high speed RJs is that they would begin to overlap Light Bipeds or slower Hovers with regards to Air / Ground speed respectively.
They already have low Defensive Stability pre 4th-5th as well.
>>
>>20831728
Simple, there aren't any classification distinctions between RJs and humanoids that pigeonhole them into certain stats. They are both "bipeds". The ones that have higher ground running speed at the cost of higher energy consumption are simply visually represented as RJs and vice versa for humanoid legs. This will make balancing easier as well since you can have fewer redundant legs that lean a particular way in stats.

Might pave the way for equine / canine / feline leg configurations for centaur quads. They are still "quad legs" but they have faster forward run speed than spider / crab quads in exchange for slower turn, sidestep and backpedal speeds. Again rather than making a brand new classification for them they are just a different visual representation, though I will expect the animation requirements for centaur legs to be quite different and require a bunch of extra money and effort. Similar thing for wheeled "tank" legs.

Unfortunately I don't this will happen. The quad we saw in the leaks is the usual radial config. Unless this idea is translated and thrown directly at their project lead inbox right now I doubt such extra variety will happen.
>>
>>20831644
Disable the thumbsticks to :^)
>>
>>20831454
Im him and yeah this is exactly what i want
>I WILL BASEDFACE WHEN HUSTLER-1 SAYS "COMMENCING HOSTILITIES"
>>
>>20831744
So you're suggesting that RJs have no niche or separate identity from Humanoid Bipeds?
I can see that working with more "Double Knee" bipeds like Vixen from LR.
>Centaur
>Crab
Well Miyazaki did say he wanted to see more fantasy elements in a Mecha game, maybe they'll sneak something like that in somehow.
Disorders look kinda animal-like, but is that too much of a reach?
>>
>>20832101
>*solders and programs a thumbstick-to-button USB-USB signal converter*
heh, nothing personnel, Raven
>>
Who decided to give hustler-1 a southern dandy accent.
>>
File: FE1pu-ZVQAs01-T.jpg (151 KB, 1431x402)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>20831744
>>20832180
For what it's worth, Daisuke Satake did pitch centaur legs back when designing for Eqbal.
>>
How the absolute fucking cunt am I supposed to kill Tiamat in PP?
Why is every arena guide such fucking barebones useless dogshit?
>>
>>20834323
nevercuntingmind, I won out in the end, just had to cage him on the cave map and stay in his blindspot with quad strafing while plunking away with these dogshit energy weapons.
That guide fag is a fucking nigger for saying to go lightweight, I hope his organs liquify and he has shit them out his face.
3 more fights to go and then I can finally tackle the campaign.
>>
>>20834338
>dogshit energy weapons
If I remember right, that cannon on your right shoulder is one of the best weapons in the entire first gen trilogy. It's the rapid fire one that makes the explosions, yeah?
>>
>>20834338
>quad legs
>trouble fighting a heavy AC
THIS NIGGA CANT BUNNY HOP
>>
>>20834338
>Energy Weapons
>Quad
No wonder you're having a hard time.
>>
>>20829697
>>
>>20832139
Very funny, but if the AA nineball encounters happened today we'd be getting that reaction regardless, people did the equivalent in 2001 anyway.
fighting the same "it's like nineball, but it's different" with Zanazibart lore isn't as engaging anymore
>>
>>20834721
Its been like a decade since the last AC game. And even then this new one might be the last one. Let it be a love letter to the franchise. Its not like AC is popular anyway so rehashing wont be too bad.
>>
>>20823560
Thats becase it filters retards who dont bother learning the mechanics and experimenting. I bet you picked the fastest booster and the highest output generator and called it a day. Those other part stats? They're just superficial!
You get everything you deserve zoom zoom. Literal living proof that gatekeeping is a good thing.
>>
Me in nexus after a misson where my AC is at 100 AP i spent all my ammo and overheated my AC 4 times but i still made 100k credits because the economy makes no sense https://youtu.be/h5JqcyMrrik
>>
>>20835323
Not even. Just get a good radiator and tune everything for cooling. Or 50/50 weight and cooling. There done
>>
>>20823555
>>20823712
I'm not really sure I want twitter trannies and newfags infesting AC. Let it die.
>>
>>20835460
Well AC6 is happening so its too late
>>
>>20835472
God fuck if they are whining about Elden Ring difficulty they would absolutely flood the earth with tears over Zinaida, Serpah, Sol Dios, or any of the Defeat Giant MT missions.
>>
They better let FreQuency do the music
>>
>>20835432
Still going about it wrong. Just choosing the right generator for the right booster will protect you from internal heat. Here's a tip for a nothingperson like you - almost all generators in late third gen are viable and can apply for a specific purpose. That's right zoom zoom. Not just the highest output one.
>>
>>20835525
nexus is pretty easy man. Even external heat hasnt been that much of an issue.
>>
>>20835531
Sure it is. You totally aren't bitching about heat every thread.
Look, just do us all a favor and mod PLOW and blade tracking into your game. It's more your speed.
>>
>>20823712
Isn't that exactly happened with ACV and VD? i don't think From wanted to give their new fans a wrong impression this time, who knows.
>>
>>20835560
Im not that guy retard. Its ok tho ill keep playing Armored Core even if you seethe at me about stuff other people said
>>
>>20835581
I accept your concession
>>
>>20835617
retard go after the right person next time
>>
>>20835622
Malding
>>
>>20835636
I dont like my identity being mistaken!!!
>>
>>20835323
>filters
except I beat it, and I beat it 15 years ago, so clearly it didn't filter anything you miserable pile of memes.
>>
File: 1652047238014.jpg (542 KB, 2048x1459)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
>>
>>20835617
That's such a fedora neckbeard thing to say.
>>
>just circle strafe around genobee with my dual chainguns and EO gun.
More like GenoBITCH
>>
>>20834338
The secret to the Arena is to really swap out as many parts as you have and not stick to the same build.
>>
>>20834338
I forgot he's rank #4, so you've already done most of the Arena. I found him annoying but not anymore difficult than certain other opponents, and I remember stun-locking him a lot with the shotgun.
>>
>>20836414
unless you're melee+rockets-only, trying to get lots of practice and experience
>>
>>20834621
Energy weapons + quadlegs in AC1/2 was actually pretty based
>>
Anyone know how to avoid the crashing on cutscene for last raven on pcsx2?
>>
>>20837709
Are you running on software mode? And if not, can your PC handle it?
>>
>>20837723
2070 super so i dont see why not. Ive played all the others at like x8 internal resolution on vulkan no problem. I have not tried to play software mode since i try to avoid it i use vulkan.
>>
Anytime i have to fight a sniper raven i get ptsd flashbacks
>>
File: Nexus_Valkyrie_2[1].jpg (832 KB, 1920x1080)
832 KB
832 KB JPG
>>20838417
Any sniper Raven or just specific ones? How many dedicated snipers were there anyway?
>>
>>20838425
Rose, brutus. There arent many but man i hate them 100% accuracy
>>
>Replay genwun
>Decide to forego mindless laser rifle/blade build and try weapon arms for a change
>Use small rockets to save main weapon ammo
>12k ammo bill just to shoot 100 piddly rockets
Jesus christ
>>
>>20838417
snipe them back with dual grenade launchers
>>
>>20838763
NARROW & DEEP
>>
>>20838733
You were pretty pigeonholed in gen1 lol if you werent rocking at least an energy weapon for missions youd earn either peanuts or get into debt. It gets better in MoA and phantasma since The arena is free of charge.
>>
>>20837709
Play on a real PS2. :)
>>
>>20839102
I used shell weapons for most of my missions and I never had this issue.
>>
Which game should I start with?
>>
>>20840077
Start at the beginning if you want to experience AC's humble PS1 origins. Or start with AC2 or AC3 if you want to skip PS1 clunk.
>>
>>20840085
>Or start with AC2 or AC3 if you want to skip PS1 clunk.
AC2 and 3 don't play any differently from the PS1 era. In fact, if anything they are slower.
>>
>>20840077
AC1,AC2,AC3 are good starting points
>>
>>20840077
AC1 and 2 have Human+ so if your really bad you can get buffs to make the game easier
>>
>>20840085
>humble beginnings
Master of Arena is arguably one of the best AC games. Nothin humble about the ps1 games....
>>
>>20840085
>>20840139
>>20840125
Bros, I can't help but feel AC2 era was the clunkiest some how. It felt like you'd boost around with concrete shoes, so you'd OB spam harder than you could in 4A, Funeral Mask fights like a 4th gen AC despite his weight and EN drain. Then AA comes along and they put the screws to mobility even harder
Also, I don't think people give MoA enough credit. Disc 2 is a whole second game, and even than custom ranker mode gives it the most life time over the other games. Honestly it's my #1 AC game
>>
>>20840295
Yeah a lot of people look down on them because theyre ps1 games but they more than hold up. MoA is a gem
>>
>>20839648
I think its mainly rockets and missiles costing 120+ credits per shot. Small arms were fairly affordable specially when you supplemented them with blades.
>>
Finally got a non-toaster computer and want to emulate a gauntlet of all the PS2 era AC games.

Does AC3 and Silent Line hold up well? Or is it better if I just jump straight to Nexus? Also my memories may be fucking with me at this point but save data is transferable between each succeeding game right? So in theory, my AC3 Raven can essentially be the same raven up till the apocalypse in Last Raven?
>>
>>20840892
>Does AC3 and Silent Line hold up well?
Yes, Silent Line is one of my favourite AC games personally.
>save data is transferable between each succeeding game right?
You can't transfer saves between SL and Nexus, and while you can transfer data between Nexus and LR, it's canonically not the same raven.
>>
>>20840922
Huh. Could've sworn that you can carry the same Raven throughout Gen 3. I mean not canonically, but in the game data way so that you'd essentially be playing with the same parts and setups throughout all the games.

But if we're talking about canon, I vaguely remember Nexus being set quite some years after the 3>SL era, so it couldn't have been the same Raven, but wasn't LR's protagonist also the same Raven from Nexus? Evidently, not all Ravens were wiped out in the missile apocalypse at the end of Nexus, so I always figured that the Player Raven from Nexus was one of the surviving Raven remnants in LR.
Or were all the surviving Ravens in LR the Ravens that were hiding in their NEET bunkers or some shit while the apocalypse happened and all the Ravens out in the field that time were wiped out?
>>
>>20840085
>clunk
No such thing.
>>
>>20840940
>Could've sworn that you can carry the same Raven throughout Gen 3
You can if you play the PSP versions since you can go straight to Last Raven from Silent Line
>wasn't LR's protagonist also the same Raven from Nexus?
The Nexus raven dies at the end, anon.
>>
>>20840940
Rim Fire has a personal grudge against the Nexus Raven yet treats the Last Raven like a stranger. Wouldn't make sense for the two to be the same. Evangel doesn't recognize the Last Raven either, whereas Nexus already shows him frustrated by repeated losses to the Nexus protagonist.
>>
>>20840922
>You can't transfer saves between SL and Nexus
Wasn't the emblem data what you could transfer all the way from 2 to LR?
>>
>>20841020
>The Nexus raven dies at the end, anon.
That's just a conjecture, not a fact. Since you can just jump off the building during the fade out, you may as well could've bullshitted your way out offscreen.
>>
>>20841439
It's also very survivable, even if you assume that there wasn't enough time for a quick pitstop. The final mission itself wasn't very demanding with just a few turrets and one singular enemy to drain your resources. Bayload city might have been fucked, but it's believable that he tried but failed.
Honestly, it would have been pretty awesome if they let you form bonds somehow and the payoff for, say, letting Genobee and Agraya win and escape was that they came to help defend would have been nice.
>>
>>20841536
>very survivable
>ground zero of a society-destroying plague of explobots
I don't know about that.
>>
File: crow.png (473 KB, 1024x787)
473 KB
473 KB PNG
>>20842473
Crow literally camped a similar site and he was just fine. The Raven in LR dueled him while dealing with the drones and also managed. I don't think they're a fatal threat if you're in an AC since they seem to focus on the location itself and only home in on you if you happen to be in their trajectory.
Unless the Nexus raven jobbed or specifically decided to intentionally body block the drones (what the hell would that achieve?) then he's more likely to run out of ammo and be forced to retreat.
>>
>>20842653
We don't see any event in LR (or any of the other PS2 games) that come close to the scale of what was unleashed in Nexus's ending, though.
>>
>>20842664
ACs don't exactly have finite fuel. If they're not specifically gunning for your specific singular AC then evading enough to get out of dodge is doable. Like, what does the raven even have at stake? Because his new loli voiced operator told him to?
>>
>>20842686
What are you even talking about? The suicide MTs all poured out of the facility the Nexus Raven was in and devastated the entire known world of the game.

>ACs don't have finite fuel
for game mechanics yeah I don't know about lore and frankly it doesn't really matter, the real point is that if you're standing on top of the hole that spills out millions of suicide weapons which then go on to actually destroy so much of the world that the Alliance happens, the overwhelming likelyhood is that they're dead. You can believe whatever you'd prefer, not like the story is super involved to matter, but I think people would know who the raven was that (effectively) initiated the entire apocalypse scenario everyone's in and would maybe be a target for it. I don't know how you could finish Nexus, watch the ending and think "yeah I'm alright."
>>
>>20842704
Just because you died like a bitch doesn't mean everyone else did.
>>
>>20842787
Theres no way the raven survives. Theres gameplay death and theres plot death. Everything points to the raven dying by suicide drone. Stop being retarded
>>
>>20842787
>yeah I laserbladed all the drones without taking a scratch bro, no problem
>then I hopped into my ferrari and got a blowjob from zinaida for saving her on my way back to my mansion
>may greenfield and wynne d fanchon were there too don't worry about it
>>
File: 1650301344669.jpg (223 KB, 2000x1500)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
I just found out that the JP fans have long had a joke about Genobee being a lolicon due to his dialogue (小さな存在だな・・・私も・・・君も・・・もしかしたら君も・・・私と同じ・・・) and it amused me, so I figured I'd share.
>>
>>20843005
Ninya would have been best friends with genobee then
>>
>"It might be possible because surviving the final setpiece was achievable within the game's rules."
>"Waaa! Waaaa! Such a meanie face! You're not allowed to speculate such a thing!!!"
What a big baby with a fragile ego
>>
>>20843107
It's ironic because you seem more booty bothered than any other anon lol
>>
>>20843005
That's fucking funny. Makes me like Genobee even more
>>
>>20843005
Is this supposed to be after you beat him in the Training Area mission?
This kind of strained dialogue was used for Human Plus victims in 1st gen.
Is Genobee supposed to be H+ instead of OP-I?
>>
>>20843252
He's confirmed to be H+ along with Pin Fire and Rim Fire according to the 10 Works book.
>>
>>20843147
Yes yes, totally a different anon for sure.
>>
>>20843252
It's his dialogue when you beat him for real near the end of the game.
>>
>>20843505
Cunny.... forgive me....
>>
>>20843005
I've actually been playing Nexus with the undub and he actually comes off as a rather friendly dude.
During the Training Exercise, in Japanese, he says something to the effect of: "Take it easy on me alright?" which was headscratchingly localized as a dry: "I'm ready." in the game dialogue box.

tfw no Genobro to talk about loli AIs with.
>>
>>20843557
Meanwhile english Nexus Evangel is a jolly slavic man that takes his loss well. God I wish they kept that version instead of edgy sasuke faggot in LR.
>>
>>20843557
Wtf was up with calling the last AC you fight Nineball. In the japanese version the name is just "???"
>>
>>20843565
Deadline was coming up and they rushed it with bullshit text.
Literally happens all the time when it comes to localization of just about anything.
>t. comic localization job, 5% of the dialog is made up
>>
>>20843565
Either the translators were familiar with AC beforehand and took their own liberty, From gave them some note about it, or there was some other fuckup. Either way the thing's an obvious Nineball reference.
>>
>>20840940
>wasn't LR's protagonist also the same Raven from Nexus?
it is up to interpretation it seems since there are no hints, but i like to think that if you transfer your save data your nexus raven survived the assault and if starting a clean save it is a new raven.
>>
>>20843715
That's not a bad way of seeing it. A nine breaker save transfer could also be seen as a fresh graduate from the program. It would explain the high skill but low reputation that you start with.
>>
>>20843715
How do you feel about AC3P > ACSLP > ACLRP save transferring then
>>
>>20843750
I always saw portable exclusive features as non canon.
>>
Are psp ports less demanding to emulate compared to ps2? My pc is an old piece of shit but I want to revisit 2nd and 3rd gen.
>>
>>20843502
Yes, different anon. Honestly? I can't stand people like you, but that's a part of sites like these I guess.
>>
>>20843750
Silent Line protagonist takes a retirement break and returns for the events of LR? It's pretty straightforward and simply depends on the player.
>>
>>20843777
It's a lot less taxing hardware-wise yes. You're gonna want to use a gaming controller to play though. Armored Core is a really clunky to play on a keyboard. Plus, PPSSPP also tends to be more retard friendly in setting up compared to PCSX2.

>>20843907
There's like give or take half a century between SL and Nexus/LR. At least enough time has passed to fully rebuild most of the world to the point that humanity can completely ruin everything again.
Though a 70-80 year old Layered Raven telling all the young'n Ravens to get the fuck off his lawn and inadvertently ending up as the titular Last Raven in the process is a funny thought.
>>
>>20843750
It's a retread so maybe a nobody who plays through simulations derived from blackbox records and Raven documents. It would certainly explain the made up extras.
>>
>>20843938
>Plus, PPSSPP also tends to be more retard friendly in setting up compared to PCSX2.
Any useful resources to get it to work? I heard there were weird settings like software for gameplay and hardware for garage or someshit.
I'm only really interested in 3 because for some reason it's the only one that breaks when you emulate it on the ps4.
>>
>>20843971
>Any useful resources to get it to work?
Its own forums and website is pretty helpful.
In my experience, the program is pretty stable. Even on my shitty 2014 laptop, 95% of the games I tried works like a charm. I personally haven't tested the PSP AC games, but I don't see why they would have any issues.
I mean what I said when I said its pretty retard proof. Just download the program, load the game ISO, and play. Every now and then, specific games have a few kinks that needs to be worked out by configuring the settings or downloading a specific patch, but generally speaking, most games work fine with the default configurations.

If there's any issues, there's a compatibility issue thread there somewhere and they redirect to a specific thread for pretty much any PSP game worth giving a damn.
>>
>>20843938
>Though a 70-80 year old Layered Raven telling all the young'n Ravens to get the fuck off his lawn and inadvertently ending up as the titular Last Raven in the process is a funny thought.
Oh god...
>Be SL Raven
>Your retirement was cut short because some dipshit discovered evil robots that destroyed the world.
>After six months, the remaining corps and an army of rogue Raven are ready to kill each other inless of 24 hours, putting bounties upon their enemies' heads.
>For being a Raven, you also have a bounty on your head.
>Somehow, you find the AC and the money of the endbringer dead dipshit. You hire an operator and a AAR guy so you don't cause another apocaliptic disaster.
>Go to work, accepting contracts for the Alliance, Vertex and/or the warlords.
>Soon enough, the Ravens start to kill each other. The younglins are eager for the bounties.
>This Jack-O edgelord is babbling about the CHOSEN RAVEN while backstabbing his allies.
>This Evangel crybaby is whining about him being a Dominant, whatever that nonsense is.
>And this Zanadia chick is obssessed with being the best, pissing off everyone else in the process.
>Turns out, you're the only one who wasn't stupid enough to get the Human+ treatment.
>Then the same fucking robots who destroyed the world are back for another go.
>Manage to destroy them for good and kill the remaining Ravens before they ruin the world even further.
>As you stand as the Last Raven, you wonder if your colleague who destroyed the Controller made a mistake or not.
>>
>Formula Front is a world wide popular sport that everyone is crazy into, probably televized via neo-espn or some payperview shit.
>matches last 2 minutes max.
fucking bullshit, basically theft.

>>20844266
well the controller kinda wanted to be destroyed, he tells the protag at the end his mission was accomplished probably means it was trying to raise a LE DOMINANT to make sure the events of LR would happen (one raven to kill them all and give human civilization a chance to restart, ending up in the Formula Front future)
>>
>>20844266
To be fair, the Controller wanted Humanity to get the fuck out of their NEET mancaves. It was either mature enough to forcefully claw their way up the surface, or die in the process.
1st Gen 3 Raven didn't exactly have a choice here when the Controller was trying to fucking kill them all.
There's a symbolic role that the Controller has. The actual name of its AI system is DOVE. And it's a probably a reference to the dove from the Biblical Noah's arc, that is to say, a symbolic guidepost to guide mankind back after the apocalypse. And that's what DOVE did. It helped out mankind till the day the surface became worthy of sustaining human life once again. All ripe for mankind to ruin everything once more.
>>
>>20844445
Pretty much how ppv boxing matches go don't they?
I imagine they have a bunch of card fights that run before the main bout. Sucks for them if the other guy just jobs and eats a fully locked MSP to the face. God imagine being the guy that works for directTV or someshit. Hella people would want their money back.
>>
>>20842653
That head, neck and chest
>>
File: 1648274484847.jpg (2.2 MB, 2730x3615)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
>>20793069
>>20829886
no count
>>
File: 1644178308830.jpg (3.35 MB, 4032x3024)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB JPG
4 legs good, 2 legs bad

Who was your favourite consort in AC3?
>>
Jesus Fucking Christ, Silent Line is much harder than I remember it being. The Mission Difficulty is a stupid jump up from AC3. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to start from this alone and not porting data from AC3.
>>
>>20848427
Have you tried using a light-middleweight biped with a machinegun and blade?
>>
>>20848899
I've switched to that setup, but I'm not as good at this game as I remember.
The ideal is that I do bunny hops like a cocaine addicted rabbit bouncing around and dodging everything.
But my current reality is being a rabbit with a knee problem that crashes on its face like every three jumps or so.

I've gotten a feel for evading most single shot enemies, but missiles and rapid fire weapons fuck my rhythm up and I end up eating it in the face. And it being a lightweight setup and all, eating slight breeze of attacks is enough to blow up my AC.
>>
>>20848996
You could always go a couple of weight levels up and turn it into a heavy-mid biped. That way dodging like 40% of incoming is still a win given your defenses. Decoys are also nice, manual evasion is viable specially in early gens but the attempt sometimes leave you out of position.
>>
Do you guys remap the old legacy controls? Shooting and boosting is a bit annoying to manage with a single thumb. Nevermind shooting, boosting and shooting with a left arm in AC3+.
>>
>>20849555
I did it once for a couple arena fights but the changeup threw me so hard that I set the controls back to default.
>>
>>20849555
>Do you guys remap the old legacy controls?
Mostly just swap the left and right on dpad with L1 and R1. Why didn't they have the whole movement on the dpad by default is beyond me.
>Shooting and boosting is a bit annoying to manage with a single thumb.
Ever only used slow firerate high damage per projectile weapons like Sawa, various zookas/cannons and missiles, my go to is bunny hop until lock on, then shoot mid jump while timing it so the shot actually connects. It's ok.
>>
>>20849555
Absolutely
The only thing I found legacy controls in gen 1-3 useful for is quick strafe direction change spam, don't quite remember its niche of usefulness though
>>
>>20849555
I use my index finger and thumb.
>>
>>20849555
Nope, doing strafes on anything other than R1/L1 is very annoying. Even in Nexus it felt harder to strafe dodge missles
>>
You know, despite the series being anime as all hell, I'm actually surprised we never got an anime out of this. Hell, as far as I know, we only got like one manga too.

Man, I'm just itching for a Real Robot genre anime/manga not named Gundam nowadays. And sometimes, Gundam barely qualifies for Real Robot.
>>
File: Murakumo Operator.jpg (1.86 MB, 1944x2592)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
>>20850866
tfw no Cute Operators to tell you you're nearly out of AP, there are two Ravens entering the field against you and that you're gonna fucking die.
>>
>>20850866
If I remember right, Fort Tower Song was supposed to be an anime (or maybe an OVA?). I think budget caused them to make a manga instead.
>>
>>20850894
Wait, where is this from?
>>
>>20851400
First game data file.
>>
File: Fanatic_-_Emblem.png (91 KB, 200x210)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>20847833
Fanatic is wierdly endearing for a character only around for one mission. Maybe it's the juxtaposition of her supposedly looking cold and intimidating, but exclusively taking co-op missions and working together with people.
>>
>>20851986
Is there a page for emblems?
>>
>>20851986
She also wears an eyepatch in real life based on her in-game bio. I like to imagine that rather than having actual eye damage, she's just fucking chuuni as hell.

And speaking of Ravens actually meeting other pilots in the face, I sometimes wonder, in the AC3 universe, is Global Cortex an actual place with something like a formal barracks for Ravens? Or is just like a workplace where they go to finalize contracts and do AC repairs or fight in the arena? Can't imagine that they live near each other. Imagine the awkward work conversations.

>Wassup Claizen! Sorry about shooting you last Tuesday, our contracts were opposing each other. But work is work amirite?
>Trafalgar blew up my AC's arms yesterday. On top of your bullshit last Tuesday, the costs from that put me literally 80,000 credits in debt.
>But hey, at least you're still alive right? Once you're at the bottom, the only way left is up!
>Fuck you.
>>
>>20849555
No. I played Nexus and LR with classic controls, and setup PSP games controls like classic controls in PPSSPP. It leads to strange things like using L3 and R3 in menus but it's not a big problem.
PS360 games felt different enough so the change in controls wasn't annoying.

I have normal hands and fingers and I can use square, O and X at the same time.
Thumb is on its side
Tip of the thumb goes on square and the rest is between O and X. Flex or extend your thumb to push X or O.
Alternatively you can have the tip of your thumb on square and the ~base of your thumb on X, and slightly roll and flex your thumb to hit O. (I always played this way)

One thing to note however, even with a good PC and emulator controls aren't as tight and reactive. I can feel the difference between PS2 ACLR and emulation ACLRP, a lot, really.
>>
>>20852030
Theres no in between strafing and walking forward. So if you use dual analog sometimes you walk forward when you wanna strafe. Very annoying.
>>
>>20850866
>despite the series being anime as all hell
It's not really though. Name one anime anything like this series in tone, setting, style or story.
>>
>>20852272
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2G2f34CL1w

It's the spectacle and feel of the series in general.
People monologuing about ideals. Philosophical ramblings. Larger than life theatrical characters. Rivalries. People being edgy or smug assholes. Cheesy lines that's completely delivered straight with no ironic self-awareness. All interspersed with robots boinking each other.
>>
>>20852028

They are mercenaries, they know the nature of their workstyle is one moments you are drinking with each sharing war stories, the next you are staring them down from your FCS ready to kill the guy.

This isn't like the corpo lifestyle of glorified security guards where you are completely expendable spare part ready to be replaced along with the MT they just trashed.
>>
>>20852369
>This isn't like the corpo lifestyle
Calm the fuck down Jack-O.
>>
>>20852369
Mercenaries usually work in groups. They typically don't gun down the same people they work with on the job.
A better analogy for Ravens would be like an assassin organization or bounty hunters where it's every man for themselves.
>>
>>20852272
Whilst playing Gen 1, I always pictured the pilots in monochromatic photomontages of different types of pilot gear and scant facial details.
>>
>>20852272
In AC3, one of the lower ranked Ravens in the Arena is a guy whose family got killed by one of the upper ranked Ravens in the Arena. Said upper ranked Raven's bio states that he looks forward to the day where the aforementioned lower ranked Raven becomes strong enough to kill him.
And in Last Raven, you have Evangel's whole deal of I AM THE STRONKEST DOMINANT!!111!! TAKE ME SERIOUSLY. Which is like the characterization of a good amount of Shounen villains.
>>
>>20852028
>an actual place with something like a formal barracks for Ravens?
Sounds extremely suicidal. When you're strongest while you're inside a cockpit, you're not going to risk exposing yourself to your potential rivals outside of it. I bet even orca didn't meet face to face.
Practicality aside, Last raven shows that Ravens get their own research associates on top of their operator. If they can afford that much support on top of whatever maintenance and logistics staff they have to ensure that AC can keep fighting nonstop in a 24 hour conflict, they can probably afford to have their own private bunker like Zinnaida did in the intro.
>>
File: 1589749392997.gif (688 KB, 313x253)
688 KB
688 KB GIF
WE
EVERGREEN
FOREVER HAPPINESS MAKE YOUR DREAM
WE
EVERGREEN
FOREVER HAPPINESS MAKE YOUR DREAM
>>
>>20852488
>you're not going to risk exposing yourself to your potential rivals outside of it
I mean, in the same vein, what's stopping Ravens from having "accidents" while in the Arena? It's pretty much a death sport.
And if you think about it, the whole idea of an Arena for a bunch of hitmen or terrorists for hire is a bit wonky. Is the Arena just some kind of private duels between Ravens with execs from the corporations doing bets over them? Or is it some kind of public spectacle since Ravens are a known part of society?

Imagine watching a WWE match with John Cena but then next Monday Morning, you see see John Cena gunning down a bunch of innocents and burning your fucking workplace down. That's pretty much how Ravens would work if the Arena was a publicized thing.
>>
File: 1393281989389.jpg (360 KB, 579x819)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
>>20852506
>forcing the rest of the team to listen to EGF's theme forever because it has the best chance of actually playing against other people
>>
>>20852416
>Evangel's sounds very similar to Evangelion.
>For I moment, I wonder if From went for the lower belt.
>Remember which EVA pilot has the biggest inferiority complex
>You have been fighting a R63 Asuka all this time.
>>
>>20852272
All of Master of Arena
>>
>>20852272
I like Armored Core because it's not really close to shitty anime tropes that the mecha anime genre loves to use. There's no anime close to Armored Core, but I'd think Takahashi works are close enough. I honestly wouldn't like them making an anime because they'd either try to bait anime otaku with epic comic relief or hot unnecesary-to-the-story chicks since that's what sells. They'd also add a fuckton of unnecesary dialogue and use 15fps flat color renders for the mecha animation. No thanks.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (62 KB, 1280x720)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>20852272
Just a collection of semi random bits and pieces, but
>Initial D
both garage autism and vehicle controlling autism
>IBO
throw away the shitty SoL, you get high tech post apoc setting with irregular H+ MC pilot mercs, dominant(s) that's are not whiny Saske clones, ai controlled superweapons and delicious modularity of Barby the main suit (although Flauros may be more up my speed, given the back mounted cannons that most of the variations of the single built I use ten to end up with)
>E7
by the time the merc couple shows up, the combat is basically gen 4 with surfing boards
>Knight's & Magic
garage autism

Not anime but maybe
>Shadowrun
AC without ACs
>Underrail
Core City is how I imagine most corp controlled subterranean habitats in AC might look like on street level, or culturally perhaps. AC settings themselves could use some fleshing out.

Speaking of tone, I wonder what's the next game is going to be like in that regard. Aside from the couple of screenshots and that one article, there's really not much to go on about, no music, cutscenes, gameplay, how unironicly cheesy the characters are going to be. I hope well get another Stinger.
>>
>>20852272
why are mecha fans like this
>>
>>20852962
>Eating Omurice
Kek. Sasuga.

Also I see that in the laptop screen, they're using the Raven/AC pilot suit we saw in the opening cinematic of Last Raven. Actually, was Last Raven the only time we ever saw a Raven disembarking from their AC and actually get a good look on what an AC Pilot Suit looks like?
>>
>>20852506
All these years later and I still think the lyrics is "We like Evergreen, for the happiness we can bring".
>>
>>20852510
Were Fatman and Maggy the operators with most fanart?
>>
File: 1234509718155.jpg (241 KB, 860x720)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>20854029
Possibly, Kasumi is definitely in the running. Or maybe Fiona.
>>
>>20854058
Kasumi was a really nice operator, my favorite in the serie.
>>
>>20852272
So many parts are directly inspired by mecha anime. There's a head in 4A that's literally just an SPT Layzner reference, for example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJWpOqrMtjs
>>
>>20852272
The series' namesake and general approach to mechanical design came from Shōji Kawamori, the creator of Macross.
>>
>>20854502
Post the head?
>>
Which game is best to start with? The PS3 games seem very different from the PS2 ones.
>>
>>20854522
Gen 1, people will say Gen 2 but to be honest this will get you off on the wrong foot if you ever intend to work your way back through them as the Gen 1 games really hold up well. You will dig them once you start to get our own play style down.
>>
>>20852509
>I mean, in the same vein, what's stopping Ravens from having "accidents" while in the Arena? It's pretty much a death sport.
Depends on what you mean by accident. If its getting sabotaged during arena prep then yes, that is a risk. But from what AC3 shows us, its perfectly possible to make your preparations back in your own personal base before you drive to the dome. Getting sabotaged by your own staff could be a thing, but by that point, it's a (you) problem more than anything. Getting ganked before the match or killed after losing it is another faction. But the point remains - you were inside your AC when it potentially happens.
Basically, a the physical requirements to be a good AC pilot are very different from the physical requirements to be a good human fighter. From what we've seen in Last raven, Crow looked like a fat out of shape dude and he was a highly skilled pilot capable of fighting another AC in an area that's being bombarded by drones. You would have to be one naive fuck to think that enemies who hate your for your piloting skill won't try to take you out while your walking on your two possibly frail legs.
Besides, nobody wants to live like a fucking insect. Barring financial or organizational demands, you wouldn't really live in a cuckpartment and have your meals in a mess hall with other ravens. I mean, Its possible that a raven might choose to rub elbows with his staff. But its in those people's best interest that their moneymaker stay alive. Again, its not implausible for your engineer to want to try to kill you for whatever reason. But that's is once again, a (you) problem.
>>
>>20854522
Yeah the ps1-ps2 era is fairly similar. But the ps360 era is like a different game. The best games to start on are all the numbered ones. AC1,AC2,AC3. Pick one but honestly AC1 holds up well.
>>
>>20854522
four timelines, three styles of gameplay. PS1 and PS2 games are all similar in control and skill with one directly carries to the next. AC1 to AC2AA is one timeline; AC3 to LR is another. 4 and FA lead to V and VD despite how different their gameplay is from one another.

The best starting points are AC1, AC2, AC3, AC Nexus, AC4 and ACV. All of these are fairly easy AC games and good introductions in various ways. Nexus is easy to pick up for the PS1/2 era gameplay style since it was the first to use dual analogs, but it's a bit boring with no voiced mission briefings for the main disc and stuff. If you want to play anything before Nexus you will have to learn the legacy control schemes. Personally I suggest AC3 if you don't want to start with AC1, it's a forgiving game with a big lockbox, an arena to practice in and a fairly balanced part array without much bloat or cheese that's excellent for teaching you the essentials. Just replayed it yesterday, Silent Line this week for me.
>>
>>20854525
>>20854754
>>20854778
Thanks pilots
>>
File: size comparison.png (352 KB, 900x459)
352 KB
352 KB PNG
What unit of weight does gen 1 - gen 3 use? The series is made in japan so I'm thinking kg, but a middleweight generator like the CR-G91 is 465 units which feels a little too light for such a huge machine, even if its future tech.
>>
>>20855193
This image is bullshit though
>>
>>20855223
It's the only one I could find. But from what I can remember from playing the games, it seems to be pretty inconsistent. Like the truck from the first mission in gen 1 is taller than your AC, but when they send you to that garage mission, the cars are like knee high or someshit.
>>
>>20855193
Weight, speed and size metrics are totally fucked in the games.
>>
>>20792975
Does DaemonxMakina count as Armored Core? As far as being on topic for the thread?
>>
>>20855193
Given how fast ACs move, I'm tempted to say that's correct. Your average car engine weighs about 150 kg. An M1 Abrams has an engine weighing about 1100 kg.
>>
>>20855545
I'd call it diet armored core
>>
>>20855613
What about Frame Gride and Metal Wolf Chaos?
>>
>>20855818
Diet Daemon x Machina.
>>
>>20856089
What about Steel Lancer Arena International and Steambot Chronicles?
>>
>>20855545
Yeah i asked about DXM in these threads before, it technically counts.
>>
>>20856106
>Steel Lancer Arena International
One of my top 5 all time favorite games. I like it even more than any Armored Core game. Plus, the mech designs were done by Kow Yokoyama.
>>
>>20855545
Its a very floaty one but the fact that when the game starts it initially feels like playing an AC again means it should count. An interesting yet sensible take on tying the generator and booster values to the torso, but its the flawed gameplay that needs a lot of work.
>>
I tried replaying the PS1 ACs on original hardware as well as the ps3 and boy did I forget how much it ran like ass. Do you need to do a lot of tweaking to get it to run at 60fps if you, I dunno, emulate it on pc? Will it even run well at all? IIRC old games like GTA san andreas got really wonky when it ran past the intended framerate.
>>
>>20857643
Nah, PS1 AC ran like a fuckin dream on Duckstation and Retro arch.
>>
>>20857722
No fiddling? Just runs great out of the box?
Now I want to get greedy and see if I could also get it to run at 16:9 resolution.
>>
>>20857643
I love the slowdown.
>>
>>20857778
My favorite part is how the CPU gives zero fucks and continues to shoot you as normal while you're experiencing a slideshow.
>>
>>20857722
>>20857776
>16:9
Does the Duckstation have some kind of hidden settings when it comes to widehacking? I tried both just stretching the window to fit the screen and setting display to 16:9 while ticking off some boxes that were supposed to have 3D models (not 2D art/sprites/bgs though, there's nothing to keep it from stretching) display correctly but they still get wider.
>>
>>20857643
>>20857722
>>20857776
>>20857822
60fps is impossible but it works flawlessly at 16:9 with widescreen hacks.
>>
>>20857879
Does it at least run at full framerate? At this point I'm wondering if they programmed the slideshow feature into the game.
>>
>>20857889
From what i can tell, yes.
>>
>>20857822
Did you enable the "Widescreen Hack" option? It's not in the Display Settings tab, it's in the Enhancement Settings tab. Works fine aside from the expected visual glitches on the menus.
https://streamable.com/mos9dt
First time playing the original AC in many years (I used ePSXe the last time).
>>
New Thread: >>20858725

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.