[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (260 KB, 346x450)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
Is there a strong reason to watch OG Yamato if I already watched the remake?
>>
>>20549659
you're supposed to rewatch it every year, might as well switch up the adaptations.
>>
>>20549659
The golden rule is always "watch it if you like it."
>>
>>20549704
my backlog is huge
>>
>>20549659
>Is there a strong reason to watch OG Yamato if I already watched the remake?

No
>>
>>20549659
Yes. You can never top the originals.
>>
>>20549707
Prioritize
>>
>>20549707
Spend your time better
>>
>>20549844
>Yes. You can never top the originals.

Rubbish
>>
>>20549707
That's because you spend more time worrying about what to watch than you do actually watching things.
>>
Not really no, it's more or less the same but I'd argue the original show is less complex
>>
If you liked the remake then that's all the more reason to want to watch the original. It gives you a lot of insight in not just how they compare but how they were made. Plus depending on what you liked of the remake, if so, it can give you more. I will never understand why so many people think it has to be an either or situation. If you like anime then the idea of watching more anime should only ever be more appealing yet so many fags now want to do anything but.
>>
>>20550910
>so many fags now want to do anything but
I've watched my fill of anime. Also, I have /vt/sd and want nothing to do with the general anime, vidya or jp learning community at this point. The real anime is the friends you talk about giant robots with. Maybe that's always been the case.
>>
>>20550937
>Also, I have /vt/sd and want nothing to do with the general anime
I didn't say watch it for them you retarded fuck, though that does explain enough. You watch because if you liked 2199 you might also like the original. Fucking retards.
>>
>>20550946
I'm not the anon you're thinking of. I just chimed in to give my perspective on why some people don't watch anime.

Between the anime community moving in an irredeemable direction and a lack of new anime worth watching just for the sake of it (G Gundam isn't new, sadly), as well as toku going to shit as well, there's not much left to do for people in served by modern productions except reminisce about the good old shows until the new SD Gundam comes out.
>>
>>20550602
No, that's because I have a job, play video games, watch movies, read manga and tend to my old mother's needs
>>
>>20550978
So watch old stuff? I guarantee there's a bunch of stuff that got subbed you've never heard of.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.