[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 80 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Morphin Mega Mask Edition
>Dino Fury
https://mega.nz/folder/cbomzb6B#sO0-2i4X8STxqskoKZg67w
Gold revealed
https://news.tokunation.com/characters/dino-fury-gold-ranger
https://officialpowermorphicon.com/2021/04/30/power-rangers-dino-fury-coming-to-netflix/

>Beast Morphers Episodes
https://mega.nz/#F!a3gX3SIL!703yqTtEy3PWGty2DHmVdA
https://mega.nz/folder/E0xVlCZY#W64d1bcnW1UzfjMKOTvfdA
https://twitter.com/KRSentai/status/1340206477475274754?s=20
>Official YouTube Channels
https://www.youtube.com/c/PowerRangersOfficial/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbIm2iqwql8bFqkO2bHv7Mw/videos

>BOOM! Studios Comics:
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Vol. 10 - Latest Volume)
- Go Go Power Rangers (Vol. 6 - Latest Volume)
- Power Rangers: Pink
- Power Rangers: Aftershock
- Power Rangers: Lost Chronicles
- Justice League / Power Rangers

https://www.mediafire.com/?w806xqswst6v8
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-uXKBhNeSFJU0tHRWEtb2stUkk?usp=sharing

>Battle for the Grid League
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjrZpktw2H8
All Season 4 characters are out now

>Movie reboot details
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/power-rangers-reboot-works-1262562
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/power-rangers-getting-film-and-tv-treatment-from-im-not-okay-with-this-co-creator-exclusive
https://deadline.com/2020/10/eone-hasbro-bryan-edward-hill-power-rangers-movie-1234604204/

>Coming Soon:
https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2021/06/15/kickstart-the-next-heroes-of-the-grid-expansion-on-june-22/
Dino Fury Season 2 will debut on Netflix
Power Rangers Universe is out starting December
Power Rangers/Godzilla Crossover starting March
https://www.ign.com/articles/godzilla-vs-mighty-morphin-power-rangers-crossover-comic-boom-idw
Mathew Groom will be taking over writing duties on Mighty Morphin starting at Issue 17
Ryan Parrott will stay on Power Rangers (Omega Rangers)

Previous thread:
>>20498418
>>
netflix remeber dino fury exists yet?
>>
1st for Thunder "big shoulder pads" Zord.
>>
>>20544775
Sad paint huffer.
>>
>>20544840
Not until the second week of February.
>>
>>20544775
Why does this exist? Surely, the only reason anyone would buy it would be to cut off everything below the mask. But then you're left with a misshapen mask that makes no attempt to cover the back of the head, which even five year old me was disappointed by.
>>
>>20544775
Is this King Tyranno?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (130 KB, 835x522)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
Win-O hasn't updated but here's a peek at this issue's new reveal
It was gonna happen after being teased months back but honestly, I don't hate it
>>
>>20545883
oof look at that waist
>>
>>20545883
Its not the worst but it's just bits of the dragonzord stapled onto the tigerzord.
>>
>>20545965
I think the visor of the Mega Tigerzord should be used
>>
File: 1459345177365.jpg (130 KB, 640x640)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>20545883
In comparison to the toy
I know this is a modified Dragonzord but shoulder missiles was a missed opportunity
>>
>>20545968
Yes. As a kid the mega tigerzord was one of my favorites and it's head was a big part of why.

>>20545977
>shoulder missiles was a missed opportunity
Absolutely
>>
>>20544843
I wish this thing would hurry up and come out already. Did it and I'm just oblivious? It may be stylized to shit but it also looks cool as hell.
>>
File: Guardian-Angel-Toymakr3D.png (1.83 MB, 800x1600)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB PNG
>>20545883
>>20545977
There's also this unofficial 3D printed version that includes the Falconzord.
>>
>tfw the original Megazord could have gotten a kickass new form
>>
>>20544843
>$319.99
>$32.00 Non-Refundable Down Payment Required

lol what
>>
File: Spoiler Image (642 KB, 1041x1600)
642 KB
642 KB JPG
Mighty Morphin 015 (2022) (Digital-Empire).cbr
https://mega.nz/#!dFR3iYwL!GEaR1r3n_YfCs38DySEZL5exdGmpOfYBJ5rCjIduWmY
While I do think the lack of missiles is a negative, I do have to give props and keeping the drill
>>
>>20546530
*give props for keeping the drill
>>
>>20546530
>While I do think the lack of missiles is a negative, I do have to give props and keeping the drill
it looks weird with the sword sticking out on the other side. They made the Dragon's chest a shield I don't see why not stick the drill there instead and have the sword get bigger with bits of the spines or whatever.
>>
File: Strider_Hiryu.JPG.jpg (17 KB, 250x394)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>20546674
I think the artist tried to make it like one of those edges you see like Sceptile's leaf blade, Strider's cypher, or bladed tonfa you find on Google images
The tail's chunk kind of gets in the way of that
>>
>>20545883
>>20546530
>Eskimo Bros. Megazord

>>20546674
I was just about to say that. And as others have said, it seriously needs the Mega Tigerzord's mask. I mean, it's not like any of the other new combos have been toy accurate, or even possible, so they might as well go for the full cool factor.
>>
>>20546674
The shield makes sense but its kind of superfluous when the Mega Tigerzord could make an energy one by itself
>>
File: Nukus of Approval.jpg (53 KB, 466x535)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>20546986
>>Eskimo Bros. Megazord
Made me chuckle
>>
Hello Power Ranger Anons, made a Godzilla vs Power Rangers Thread on /co wanting to talk to Power Ranger fans if any were around to see what they were about but it branched off.

Clearly I'm a Godzilla fan so I'll be picking this up for him but I wanted to ask if there was anything good to start off with for the Power Rangers whether it be a Show or Comic?
>>
>>20547981
RPM, Time Force, and In Space are considered the holy trinity of the franchise
Granted, In Space is a whole lot better if you've seen the previous seasons building up to it
Other liked seasons are Lost Galaxy, Dino Thunder, Ninja Storm, SPD, Lightspeed Rescue, and Jungle Fury
Bear in mind the seasons vary in terms of camp you'd expect from a franchise like Power Rangers and a lot of the positive reception was mostly done in hindsight (Ninja Storm was seen as a downgrade at first but now people like the camp factor it has)
MMPR is far from the best season but it's fun if you enjoy campy shlock ala 80's TMNT or 60's Batman
Most dislike seasons are Operation Overdrive, a good chunk of the Neo Saban era (there's a simple explanation for that), and the first half of Turbo
Comics wise, general consensus here agrees early GGPR (the comics started with one ongoing but later got two, MMPR was was the first and GGPR was the second taking place before Green with Evil) was when the comics peak and do feel like the best modern interpretation of the original Mighty Morphin formula
You can find reading orders online, I followed it since it started but looking at it now I can see it being daunting for newcomers
>>
>>20546986
>>20546674
The way the sword and tail makes it curve makes me hope the finisher is an uppercut
Granted, what the fuck is the tiger head gonna do?
>>
If Zedd's now an Eltarian, how come he turned human when Zordon's energy wave hit him?
>>
>>20548249
Eltarians have human disguises or Zordon just decided he should live life without the baggage
>>
>>20547999
lost galaxy is a bad series only remembered fondly for its waifus
>>
>>20548249
Has the Z-wave happened in the comics though? I thought it was still a separate continuity to the TV show
>>
>>20548294
It's kind of vague
Like, the comic uses a floating timeline (which the show is gonna have to do in a few years *cough* SPD *cough*) but they made it clear the events take place in between episodes so shit like Green with Evil still happened and that they don't have to retread water
Then you get to the Divatox retcon and well at that point you'd have to use the whole "they reset reality during Shattered Grid" thing to justify it
Some writers see the comics and show as one continuity, others don't
>>
>>20548284
I remember it fondly mostly for being the first one I saw in its entirety. I saw most of MMPR and at least a good chunk of Space, but for whatever reason my schedule or a change in air time meant Galaxy was the first one I saw every week all the way through.

Obviously I'm sure it doesn't hold up, but I remember liking it and the vague sense of continuity with the older series while also mostly being its own thing. And the whole Magna Defender thing. But also yeah the waifus were nice, even as a kid.
>>
I want to fuck Hunter Deno senselessly until she's pouring cum from all holes
>>
>>20548303
Still funny they fought all of this just to lose to some skeleton guy and had to get ninja training.
>>
>>20548530
I am intrigued yet terrified at how Boom will treat Rito once he's introduced. I really don't want to find out he's a sympathetic villain because Master Vile beat him as a child because Rita was the favorite and he's actually stupid because of brain damage or some shit.
>>
>>20548657
If he debuts in Omega Rangers and serves as Ryan's replacement for villainous comic relief given how much he loves to write Squatt, it'd be fucked up to give him a tragic backstory explaining his stupidity and still treat him for laughs
Even Ian Flynn realized how messed up it'd be if he had Charmy Bee be used for comedic situations after he got brain damage to make him more like his game counterpart
>>
>>20548303
it's easier to explain continuity to lore nerds than normies
the best way to make series like lost galaxy and SPD work in continuity is the timeline splitting from the time reversal in season 3, giving earth contact with the alien rangers in the mid-80s
this also gives any potential entwhistle MMPR sequel a convenient out to ignore plot events from zeo onwards
>>
>>20549826
Normies don't give a shit about which seasons are canon or not. A growing number of them were too young to be there when MMPR first aired, and their nostalgia for Power Rangers is tethered to whatever season they watched when they were around 6. Retconning everything after Zeo won't impress them or anybody besides the oldfags who think the show never got better after Turbo happened.
>>
>>20550048
normie logic:
>zordon died
>he died after they all went to space for some reason
>if they were in space why aren't they still in space
it wouldn't be a true retcon, more of a way to paint later series in broad brush strokes to do a quick one line cover-up and say "he died and billy is in charge of the command center now, you don't have to think about this"
>>
>>20550163
>if they were in space why aren't they still in space
That is legitimately what I thought as a kid when LG ended and LS began, why the show stopped focusing on how humanity was colonizing and living on other planets.
>>
>>20521630
Matt joins the Omegas, not as an Omega but still as the Green Ranger
The Omegas are currently without a ship and their robot friend is busted beyond repair so odds are Promethea is gonna lend them something to travel in and have Matt lend assistance assuming he still has the Green Ranger powers.
The Mighty Morphin side has a bloated cast right now. Meanwhile the Omega's has room with Xi and Drakkon out of the picture and having Matt get Peace Conference'd would help justify the book simply not being called Omega Rangers.
>>
>>20545965
That's what they always look like.
>>
>>20545977
Damn I didn't realize this could be done. What a titan.
>>
necrobump
>>
File: vancuria.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>20551900
necrolai's uncensored lumps
>>
>>20552387
Poisandra's bumps.
>>
You can probably make the new movie with the entire cast of the teenage Cobra Kai cast.
>>
>>20553231
It's too late. Those kids will get better paying offers than starring in a Power Rangers movie.
>>
>>20530129
Why did CKL name himself after two vampires when coming up with a stage name? You don't see other actors naming themselves Robert Dracula Pattinson or Bela Barnabas Lugosi.
>>
File: RCO014_w_1642040434~01.jpg (414 KB, 1008x1111)
414 KB
414 KB JPG
>Zedd is not only a small fry but he is a retard as well
This comic has butchered the poor emperor
>>
>>20553718
>Implying he didn't already become this way after MMPR
Remember, a fucking trailer
>>
>>20553718
>Zedd is not only a small fry but he is a retard as well
This isn't new information.
>>
>>20553723
>>20553735
The whole point of the comic is to fix shit fans didn't like about the original plot like Zack Jason and Triny leaving never to be seen again in MMPR , Kimberly's ending, Zedd being nerfed to hell and back and so on.

At first it seemed like the comic was giving Zedd a significant buff, He had an enormous army and resources (probably enough yo face the machine Empire) he was legit cruel and apparently he didn't give a shit about dark specter.

Then the comic felt the need to shill their she-ra tier OC's and won't stop shitting on the guy.
>SoMG THE OMEGA RANGERS DEFEAT HIM
>OMG DRAKKON KILLED HIM
>Green Ranger is back, erasing one of his greatest victories.
>OMG The comic won't shut the fuck up about "evils greater than Rita and Zedd"
>Epic backstory as an eltarian boils Down to "too fucking stupid to realize he got tricked"
>Generally Just db as a brick.

It's gotten to the point that post S3 Zedd it's a much more menacing figure than the one from Boom comics, even when he was plotting from a trailer while sucking up to dark specter since he STILL got rid of the machine empire and later conquered a galaxy.

Also the comic can't decide if he has a HUGE armada following him around and consuming entire planets like in goldar's annual or if he simply has those 4 assholes at his service and a few putties on the moon.
>>
>>20554008
>>SoMG THE OMEGA RANGERS DEFEAT HIM
They had to call down a Zord, Zedd was otherwise wrecking them with no effort
>OMG The comic won't shut the fuck up about "evils greater than Rita and Zedd"
He feared the Machine Empire and kneeled before Dark Specter in the show
>Epic backstory as an eltarian boils Down to "too fucking stupid to realize he got tricked"
He lost all skin, was in near death condition, and his sole companion for possible centuries was the guy who gave him life support to begin with
>Also the comic can't decide if he has a HUGE armada following him around and consuming entire planets like in goldar's annual or if he simply has those 4 assholes at his service and a few putties on the moon.
That's an actual grievance I have
We've talked about Zedd's lack of an army in the past and how while the show's budget explains it on a meta level, him not using fleets he's shown using during In Space or even Goldar's backstory comic raises questions
>>
>>20554008
>>OMG DRAKKON KILLED HIM
The Ranger Slayer one-shot revealed Zedd came back to Earth after Drakkon's defeat and got in a power squabble with Finster-5 and Scorpina until they settled their differences and came up with a way to defeat him
>>
>>20554008
>At first it seemed like the comic was giving Zedd a significant buff
The very first arc involving Zedd had him calling in Dayne because he was already failing too much on his own and then he was bitchslapped and imprisoned by the Omega Rangers. Boom has been treating Zedd like shit since Day 1.

>>20554030
>He feared the Machine Empire and kneeled before Dark Specter in the show
After two seasons of him being the main Big Bad. In the comics Zedd's never been allowed to be the Big Bad proper without someone else poking their noses in.

>>20554069
Unless I missed an issue of something somewhere, wasn't Zedd killed and turned into Dragonzedd in the Coinless Universe?
>>
>>20554336
To be fair, Zedd not wanting to deal with Rangers personally was from the show
He didn't hire Dayne because he himself lost to the MMPR in an up close fight
He made it clear Dayne was weaker them him in his fight against the Omegas until Jason called down his Zord
Even Rita was established to be capable of actually fighting yet hardly fought the Rangers in the comics despite being more than capable
As for Anon, he probably meant the Goldar origin story where Zedd had a massive fleet which was the only time we saw Zedd in Boom until the time skip
>wasn't Zedd killed and turned into Dragonzedd in the Coinless Universe?
Yeah but it wasn't by Drakkon
The 3-Way turf war was mentioned in the one-shot
>>
>>20545671
Novelty?
Do they exist for other franchises?
>>
>>20554336
>Boom has been treating Zedd like shit since Day 1.
Not at all, he showed up in Goldar's origin story (WHICH now that I think about it was probably retconned by the latest comic since it implies Zedd was burned by the Zeo Crystal not long ago,seeing how goldar and silverback are both shocked to see Zedd disfugured) where he conquers a planet with a massive army, has some sort of cult around him and kills Goldar's brother.

Then the new comic shows the first time he fought eltarians and his Big debut is...attacking some market with a couple of putties.

So much for the emperor of evil
>>
>>20555871
>(WHICH now that I think about it was probably retconned by the latest comic since it implies Zedd was burned by the Zeo Crystal not long ago,seeing how goldar and silverback are both shocked to see Zedd disfugured)
They never saw him in person to begin with before that point
>>
comic bad
>>
What if Bendis wrote Power Rangers?
>>
>>20556017
It's just glaring in Zedd's case
Out of the MMPR villains, Zedd (and Goldar but even got his moments) is oddly the one who hasn't benefited and met expectations
Rita, Finster, and even fucking Squatt and Baboo benefited from the comics
>>
Does Mystic Force count as isekai?
>>
>>20556035
More diversity plus LGBTQ characters
>>
>>20556177
We already have that.
>>
>>20556035
Zordon would be a young black girl. As would Alpha, every ranger, and Rita
>>
>>20556184
Only in PRU

I don't think there have been any queer rangers outside of them since the Solar Rangers went back to their home planet
>>
>>20556233
Dude, Izzy's a fucking lesbo
>>
>>20556260
I meant in the comics, Bendis isn't writing the show any time soon.
>>
>>20556260
Canonly?
>>
>>20554355
>The 3-Way turf war was mentioned in the one-shot
yeah. Between Zedd, Scorpina, and Finster. Zedd lost.
>>
>>20554030
>They had to call down a Zord, Zedd was otherwise wrecking them with no effort
it's still framed as a sandbagging moment. And you know rule of thumb: Big bads no matter what shouldn't go out that easy. Any big bad in PR should have some way to handle a ranger's zord. Plus the moment feels super OOC for Jason to pull a stunt like that. I don't care that he's not Zordon's ranger anymore. The not escalating fights is a martial artist thing, which he taught classes in, that mentality is ingrained into him even before becoming a ranger.

Bonus though that nobody mentioned: Zedd getting jobbing to a new ranger who has 0 fighting experience.
>>
>>20552387
Hot as fuck
>>
>>20556583
>Zedd getting jobbing to a new ranger who has 0 fighting experience.
It's been clarified that had the fight lasted longer, Zedd would've won
>>
>>20556583
>Any big bad in PR should have some way to handle a ranger's zord.
Not in a sudden up close fight
Head villains usually rely on armies, prep time, using an artifact, or calling upon someone else to do the job
Most of the time if the Rangers suddenly showed up at the villains HQ with Zords ready, the villains would get creamed
It's why finales tend to stress the deactivation/destruction of Zords first unless the big bad goes giant as well
>>
>>20554355
>Yeah but it wasn't by Drakkon
Then how did Drakkon have the Z-Staff?

>>20555871
>Not at all, he showed up in Goldar's origin story
I'm talking in the main series proper, not in side annual spin off stories and stuff like that. Rita fucking destroyed/invaded the Command Center and used the Dino Zords to attack the globe. By the time I'd stopped reading the comics, Zedd never pulled off anything that impressive. All his plans were basically stopped before they could even get going. For fuck's sake, Zedd created his own TEAM OF RANGERS and they were beaten in what? Two issues? Since when does Boom had a problem keeping their OC Rangers around way longer than is necessary?

>>20555975
But going off of Goldar and Silverback's reactions and dialogue, they'd been working for Zedd for some time and then the Zeo Crystal skinning him was a fairly recent development (they were away on a mission for him and he got skinned while they were gone). But this doesn't work if Zedd getting skinned by the Zeo Crystal is what starts his journey into evil-dom and he was a good guy prior to it.

>>20556553
>Zedd, Scorpina, and Finster.
>Zedd lost.
Fucking how
>>
>>20556955
Maybe they saw the ugly designs of the Dark Rangers and their zords and pulled the rip cord on the arc
>>
>>20556955
>they'd been working for Zedd for some time and then the Zeo Crystal skinning him was a fairly recent development (they were away on a mission for him and he got skinned while they were gone).
They could've simply never met him in person and only heard he attempted touching the Zeo crystal but not knowing what actually happened
>Then how did Drakkon have the Z-Staff?
It's been implied him and Zedd were in conflict at some point, it's why Drakkon had Serpenterra
Likely answer was that Drakkon and Zedd fought and when Zedd's two most powerful resources were snatched from him (his staff and his Zord) he fled to space only to return when Drakkon was no longer present
>Fucking how
We don't know
It's hinted that Finster and Scorpina had to put aside differences to work out a plan together to pull it off
>By the time I'd stopped reading the comics, Zedd never pulled off anything that impressive
Gonna play Devil's Advocate
He one-shotted the Dragonzord and Tigerzord
Prevented them from combining as well
Also, Rita didn't bust the Command Center
That was the Black Dragon
My gripe right now is that odds are he's gonna lose his buff (presumably he sacrifices it while Zordon sacrifices his body to stop Zartus) while Matt is still present judging by solicitations
Matt becoming a Ranger was meant to be balanced by Zedd getting his chaos energy buff
>>
>>20556961
>and their zords
Fuck you biological (biomechnical?) combiners are sick and them being hideous is part of the charm
>>
How to make Zedd more impressive in the comics 101
>Use his resources as the "Emperor of Evil" (seriously, how is /prg/ the only place that notices this?)
We saw Higgins and Parrott delve in Rita's role in the grand scheme of things
We've seen her past, relationships, atrocities, etc
Those were good, people liked that
Now do the same for Zedd, he's an Emperor of Evil have him call down a fleet and provide an explanation for why he doesn't he call in his best subordinates from other planets
Use his knowledge and experience of 10,000+ years that Rita doesn't have
Have him cast more powerful and bizarre spells Rita couldn't do
>Kill/Incapacitate Matt
Honestly, I like Matt
Before and after the Ranger transformation
I think the novelty of having all 7 MMPR designs to be on one team is cool
I even like the combined form
But Matt needs to go, he has to
It's kind of inevitable he fucks off at some point because it raises the question on why do the Rangers never call him to either provide support or summon the Dragonzord again
Having Zedd best him even without mountain dew flowing in his tubes would serve as a proper "rematch"
That or have him one-shot a Zord without the mountain dew juice
>Do not sideline him
I get it
You can't kill Zedd, you can't have any meaningful changes for him as a head villain for an event
That's how licensed comics go especially one that still prioritizes the major events of the show above its own
But do not sideline him at all costs
Don't stuff him in a dumpster or intentionally collaborate with the event villain and miss out on all the action
>>
>>20556985
*provide an explanation for why he doesn't he call in his best subordinates from other planets after a first attempt
>>
>Dude, watch Super Sentai, it's so much better than Power Rangers
>Cave in and do it
>It's literally the same thing, like the level of comedy and wacky bullshit on-screen is identical just with the original roster of actors
I can understand watching it out of respect for being the OG show, but there's nothing more high brow or unique about it. Honestly, I'm impressed Saban managed to change everything outside of the fight scenes and retain the exact same tone.
>>
>>20556993
Yeah but they don't skimp out on sex appeal, blood, and the music didn't go to shit in 2011
>>
>>20556999
Music peaked with In Space and never recovered. Fight me.
>>
>>20556985
Also have his ambitions on Earth go beyond Angel Grove
Having the Rangers fight all over the world was great to set the scope beyond what the show could do
Rita threatened places around the globe
>>
Ultimately, it feels like the Boom crew are huge fans of Season 1, almost to the point of revering it, but once they moved on to Season 2 shit they just lost interest because nobody liked that season as much. We didn't see Lord Zedd or the Thunder Zords get introduced; we haven't had "Ranger teen backstory issues" for Rocky, Adam, and Aisha like the original six got; Zedd has never been able to have an arc to himself where he was in charge like Rita or even Finster did in the Season 1 comics... I don't even want to imagine how much the Season 3 stuff (Kat, Ninjor, Rito, Master Vile, the Ninja and Shogun Zords, etc) is gonna suffer.

>>20556970
>Also, Rita didn't bust the Command Center
>That was the Black Dragon
Yeah, but he was working for/with Rita because Drakkon hadn't really been introduced yet. He was a new villain, but he seemed more like a minion than anything else. And then Rita proceeded to invade the Command Center and start turning it into a new base with an army of Goldar Clones at her command. Black Dragon may have struck the blow, but Rita was still definitely in charge and a present threat. If anything, Rita was the final boss of that arc, as that was when Black Dragon was turned into armor for Trini. When putting Zedd in a similar situation, Boom failed him because as the Black Dragon equivalent (Dayne) was fighting the Rangers, instead of Zedd being his omnipresent threat of a boss, he was bitchslapped and ejected from the story (until said Black Dragon equivalent felt like letting him back into it at the end).
>>
>>20556993
Which one?
>>
>>20557074
for me, it's Pilgrimace
>>
>>20556993
Yeah, it's still a dumb toy show for toddlers just like PR, but the one plus is the editing's much less janky since it's 100% their own footage.
>>
>>20556685
>It's been clarified that had the fight lasted longer, Zedd would've won
Okay, but he lost anyway. Clarifying after the fact doesn't change that Zedd is being undermined by the story being told to us.

>>20556698
>Not in a sudden up close fight
Yes. Zedd's magic and shit.
>Most of the time if the Rangers suddenly showed up at the villains HQ with Zords ready, the villains would get creamed
this is exactly why you should make sure the big bad can handle the zords. Because if this strategy absolutely works there is no excuse not to do it every time.
>>
>>20556260
For real?
>>
>>20557000
I won't. Even though I like the post-Zordon era probably more than any other, especially with presentation, it is lacking in the music department compared to before. Then the Disney era would just use stock music most of the time.
>>
>>20556455
She's officially dating the Asian bitch from that race episode
>>
>>20557362
wild force and time force had strong soundtracks
>>
>>20557074
>"Ranger teen backstory issues" for Rocky, Adam, and Aisha like the original six got;
People were pissed we got a Billy focus issue right after the Drakkon reveal
At the very least, I'm hoping we don't get an event anytime soon or anything setting it up
The Omegas are gonna be in space stopping Drakkon and eventually Dark Specter since they're setting him up as the next big bad while the latter can't show up on Earth for obvious reasons
>>
>>20557353
>Yes. Zedd's magic and shit.
So is Rita, when Trini got the Black Dragon powerup she opted flight instead of fight
>>
>>20557353
>this is exactly why you should make sure the big bad can handle the zords. Because if this strategy absolutely works there is no excuse not to do it every time.
And then they went "No, for using a Zord on the main villain, now all the evil empires throughout the universe will notice Earth is worth conquering" that I thought was bullshit. None of the comics' attempts to explain the show's shit never works well. Using the 1960s cast to explain why Zordon recruits teenagers instead of trained officers didn't work either because the fatal flaw wasn't they were trained adults, but Zordon gave them zero prep time.
>>
>>20557848
>the fatal flaw wasn't they were trained adults, but Zordon gave them zero prep time.
That and they well, hated each other
>>
>>20557813
>People were pissed we got a Billy focus issue right after the Drakkon reveal
Well, sure, but they liked the focus issues in general. As long as they're not placed in an awful spot, there shouldn't be a problem. And considering the comic just went "here are three new Rangers, goodbye," they really needed them to help set them up as characters.
>>
>>20557905
It didn't occur to Zordon to recruit a team of trained professionals who already had an established rapport with each other? Why was that harder than recruiting a bunch of 14-year-olds to go on life-or-death missions?

Power Rangers is one of those franchises where attempting to retroactively explain all the dumb shit only leads to more dumb shit.
>>
The problem is there's an easy way to explain why Zordon's rules, plans, and double standards are retarded: Say he's evil. But nobody will ever accept that, so the writers have to come up with even more retarded excuses for why Zordon won't let them crush Rita's castle with their Megazord or why he sat on his ass for 10,000 years instead of preparing Earth for an alien invasion.
>>
>>20558080
>comics have to explain why Zordon's wave spared the humanoid villains but not the monsters/robots
>come up with convoluted reason for why that no one buys because taking the easy route and saying "Zordon's just a monster racist" would piss everyone off
>>
>>20558091
You reminded me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJgC9LEBTuQ
>>
>>20558080
I think the problem with the "bigger fish" argument is that we didn't really see the consequence of it
It'd be better if the Eltarian War happening on Earth was a result of Zartus noticing Zedd was defeated by the Omegas and mistaking the MMPR team as the one who did it
>>
>>20558137
Also Zedd's natural response to being sidelined in Necessary Evil was to make new Dark Rangers (which yeah the plan worked out smoothly until Matt showed up out of nowhere and busted Zedd's macguffin) but he was already in the process of doing so after Dayne was defeated
I'm hoping after the Eltarian War and since we're not really in a rush to Season 3 yet (lets face it, they're not gonna simply write off Kimberly) we go back to basics on the Mighty Morphin end
No Kiya, Zartus, etc usurping the big bad position
>>
>>20558157
>since we're not really in a rush to Season 3 yet (lets face it, they're not gonna simply write off Kimberly)
When they do finally skip to season 3, what are the chances that they redo the arc from Kim's Pink mini but with Matt and Skull's girlfriend instead of the random Frenchies
>>
>>20545883
>>20545977
>>20546077
Eat your heart out Zenkaiger.
>>
>>20556970
>My gripe right now is that odds are he's gonna lose his buff
I HOPE NOT, he has yet to do anything useful with it, his "Buff" it's just an excuse to get rid of his white lighting
>>
>>20557074
roosternator is just wise from ultraman
>>
>>20558461
>I HOPE NOT, he has yet to do anything useful with it,
He made a dome around a city and took down two Sixth Ranger Zords before they could even combine
>>
>>20558461
>he has yet to do anything useful with it
Chaos Putties?
>>
>>20558157
>(lets face it, they're not gonna simply write off Kimberly)
They'll add her to the Omega team because. And then when they have to write off Billy because he got the old, he'll join them too.
>>
>>20558800
I was thinking that they'd kill off the Coinless universe for good and have Kim inherit the Ranger Slayer powers and costume. It's one of the more successful designs in the comics and they really dropped the ball with that reality
>>
File: Zordon-vs-Lord-Zedd.jpg (134 KB, 600x923)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
Another huge problem with Zedd's backstory of being Zordon's old friend AND blaming Zordon for his skinless state AND possessing this knowledge the whole time... The type of person Zedd is, he would not be keeping this a secret, bringing it up only when the rest of the old gang from Eltar shows up for an invasion. His attacks on Earth would consistently involve things like making monsters that look like Zordon's old friends and family, or trying to turn the Rangers against Zordon with "I was his best friend and look what he did to me!" etc. He wouldn't just be doing generic shit like Lipsyncher and Purse Head.
>>
>>20557935
trained professionals has allegiance to their countries which mean after everything, they will take the tech and start gearing up for war and stuff. Young kids aren't patriotic enough and have better agencies/motivations like family.
>>
File: FA_Nv9CVkAIteLg[1].jpg (250 KB, 1072x1372)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>20546530
Found this on Japanese twitter
https://twitter.com/t1ga3rbros/status/1445600231639244805
>>
>>20559104
Why didn't Zordon go with orphans then?
>>
>>20558250
what does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>20559104
>they will take the tech and start gearing up for war and stuff.
So what? They're doing that anyway if they're fighting giant monsters.
>>
>>20559082
The green stuff on Zedd looks absolutely RETARDED, holy shit, a villian shouldn't look like christmas
>>
Does anyone know where I can find the MMPR Mighty RAW songs or Zeo/Turbo soundtrack songs in instrumental format without the vocals? They often played these instrumental songs during zord fights in MMPR Season 1 up until Turbo.
>>
>>20558080
>he problem is there's an easy way to explain why Zordon's rules, plans, and double standards are retarded
Once upon a time Zedd said the morphin grid is maintained by the balance of good and evil. I think THAT works as an explanation. That Zordon gamed that system that being wholly reactive to evil keeps good on top. You're explanation is just edgelordy and just as retarded as whatever BOOM comes up with.

>>20559082
>possessing this knowledge the whole time
He didn't he only just remembered after the choas crystal exploded on him. Which still just makes him look like a weaker villain.
>>
>>20557642
Not compared to the Zordon era though.
>>
>>20558542
>He made a dome around a city
which was easily taken down
>took down two Sixth Ranger Zords before they could even combine
he didn't destroy them he just stopped them from combining by the time the rangers got into the dome Tommy was able to restart the Tigerzord. These aren't impressive feats.
>>
>>20559614
Yeah because narrative wise he couldn't outright blow them up since that doesn't happen until a season later
The last time a Zord combination was prevented was with the Gravezord preventing the original Megazord from being made
It then straight up impaled the T-Rex and it was still operable
>>
>>20559614
>Tommy was able to restart the Tigerzord
He needed Zelya to do that
>>
>>20559596
>He didn't he only just remembered after the choas crystal exploded on him.
Wait, he didn't? The Zeo Crystal didn't erase his memory, how the hell does that work? Jesus. How convenient.
>>
>>20559596
>>He didn't he only just remembered after the choas crystal exploded on him.
Panel?
I don't remember that part
>>
>>20559596
>I think THAT works as an explanation.
Except that relies on trusting Zedd, the villain of the show. And it's a line that doesn't correlate with what we know about the Morphin Grid. Not to mention a balance that means letting a giant monster wreck a city every week and killing hundreds is a fucked up balance.
>>
>>20559596
>You're explanation is just edgelordy and just as retarded as whatever BOOM comes up with.
That's why i said no one would ever accept it, anon. I wouldn't accept it either. But a mentor who spends 10,000 years doing nothing to prepare Earth for an alien invasion, waits until the last minute and then recruits some kids from a nearby town, comes up with no plan except "let the Rangers keep fighting evil indefinitely", and eventually recruits preteen soldiers like Justin comes off as a really sketchy guy. And any attempt to explain that's not sketchy and he's got a really good reason to do all that shit makes it look even stupider. If we have to rely on Zedd's word to rationalize Zordon's actions >>20560151, then he doesn't have a good case.
>>
>>20559596
>>20560151
If the Rangers knew Zordon gaming the system meant their hometown went through MOTW attacks every single week, I don't think any of them would forgive him for that. What if any of their family or friends died? Zordon can't use "but muh balance" to rationalize that to them.
>>
Where can I watch Ninja Storm?
>>
>>20560377
Netflix?
>>
>>20560449
I hadn't heard about the other seasons being put back on there. Presumably they will, with new episodes airing exclusively on there
>>
>>20560377
https://www.youtube.com/c/ICEMedia2012/videos
Here, with free Viet hardsubs.

Real answer is maybe give Hasbro a year or less to get around to officially posting Ninja Storm on their YouTube They've done Dino Thunder at this point at least, and they've recently finished Turbo and are blazing through In Space. Their release strategy is somewhere in between chronological and random seasons.
>>
File: 1635109356299.png (911 KB, 790x586)
911 KB
911 KB PNG
>>20560501
>360p
>>
>>20560377
Kimcartoon has it, as well as every other season. I would guess all the other dodgy cartoon streaming sites do as well.
>>
>>20560501
Joke's on you, I can read Vietnamese.
>>
>>20560501
That channel only has 1 video and it's not about power ranger. You are a liar.
>>
>>20560961
Maybe blocked in your country, bud
>>
>>20561060
I use Newpipe, how can this be.
>>
Sorry, I can use VPN to gain access to it. This is the first time I encounter region block so I will take back my words.
>>
>>20561112
No worries, enjoy your Viet extreme sports ninjas.
>>
>>20558157
>I'm hoping after the Eltarian War and since we're not really in a rush to Season 3 yet (lets face it, they're not gonna simply write off Kimberly) we go back to basics on the Mighty Morphin end
30th anniversary in 2023
Prepare for Shattered Grid 2 Electric Boogaloo
>>
>>20559542
Try PR Media Hub.

>>20561275
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did do something like that. It'd also be a way to include whatever they're doing with the Entwistle-verse.
>>
File: 29.jpg (2.99 MB, 1988x3056)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB JPG
>>20559965
>>20559979
>>
>>20560151
>>20560256
>Not to mention a balance that means letting a giant monster wreck a city every week and killing hundreds is a fucked up balance.
No it doesn't mean "just let the monster attack" it means not using the powers until the monster makes you. It means being reactive helps keep things tilted on the "good" side.

As far as "that's not how the morphin grid works" well
A.) the show never has been consistent
B.) the morphin grid only seems to exist predominantly to facilitate a fight between good and evil
>>
Power Rangers #15
https://mega.nz/#!NMhgmToA!-ehQ_eQ5HMleIVxA04GhkVxW6S7gxGptvzBZVSFrPVA
>>
>>20561735
>it means not using the powers until the monster makes you.
Except that happens because the monster attacks, and many of these weekly attacks do end up with buildings destroyed. If a terrorist in real life attacked a city every week, and the government's response was to wait until the terrorist did anything to wreck the city, then do nothing to go after who sent the terrorist and wait another week, no one would see that as a "good" decision. And justifying that with a vague, inconsistent magic system where we never see what WOULD happen if the Rangers were proactive doesn't make Zordon look good here.
>>
>>20561721
He's gonna get amnesia after the Eltarian War isn't he?
>>
>>20562349
Just pretend all those buildings were empty so nobody died, and they were all abandoned so nobody lost their jobs or homes. And Angel Grove happens to be a near-ghost town so there's tons of abandoned buildings. And Rita and Zedd never take notice of this and never bother to send a giant monster at a populated section of the city.

But seriously, Zordon is a pretty shitty mentor who isn't as mocked as other shitty mentors like Shayla or Gosei because he's the first one we saw. What kind of decent mentor recruits a kid like Justin to violent skirmishes? But it was okay, because PR's a show for little kids. Little kids aren't supposed to give a shit about the Geneva Convention. But the MMPR comic's aimed at guys who grew up on the show, and those guys are old enough to ask questions and challenge the show's internal logic, so the comic writers have to shit out half-assed excuses for why Zordon acts like this.
>>
File: deadpool-lazy-writing.gif (1.03 MB, 335x200)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB GIF
>>20561721
So, Zedd just... forgot... that he was once an Eltarian that got mutilated by the Zeo Crystal and he blamed Zordon for it, even when actively fighting against Zordon and his Rangers in a palace directly on top of the Zeo Crystal.
>>
>>20562349
How do the Ranger's even be proactive in the first place though? Raid the villains base? There's usually plot reasons why they can't do that. Obviously they can't just teleport straight into Rita's bedroom and kidnap her to throw her in some special jail or they'd have done that. And given that they probably have many monsters, every minion and unlimited troops up there a team of 5-6 people raiding it is gonna be suicide.
>>
>>20562416
>What kind of decent mentor recruits a kid like Justin to violent skirmishes?

Wasn't that basically an emergency where Rocky was too injured to help and Justin just happened to stumble into the room and see them teleport away and Rocky caught him?
>>
>>20562630
He remembered the Zeo crystal part since him having his skin flayed by it became a rumor and he had to have confessed at some point for it to spread
I'm gonna look into if this was ever discussed in the Ranger Danger podcast for the issue
>>
>>20562637
But then that leads to further questions like if Rita has an army of monsters and putties at her castle, why doesn't she throw them at Earth all at once instead of one at a time? And I know why, because that's the plot, but knowing that undermines MMPR's already flimsy plot.
>>
>>20562641
There are better solutions to that than "recruit a little boy to armed combat".
>>
File: zordon-prt.png (121 KB, 239x283)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
>>20562416
>>20562641
>>20562653
I remember this one fan theory that Zordon essentially made Justin a Ranger in the hopes that he'd be killed in combat since he knew the identities of the Rangers, but then when he got an actually competent Ranger out of it, he basically just went "Oh. That works, too."
>>
>>20561721
When I first read it months ago I thought he was being metaphorical
>>
>>20562666
Same here. I didn't think he was literally saying "the Chaos Crystal cured me of the convenient amnesia I didn't even know I had."
>>
What's the point of secret identities if the villains already knew who they were and where they hung out? And the only reason none of the villains attacked them while they were sleeping was out of an unspoken code of monster chivalry?
>>
>>20562677
Maybe if the villains attack the Rangers' homes/families, it makes it fair game for the Rangers to attack their base?
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxBtmq5_nm0EfRT_z-cVPLFGPzXUgZjWH0
>>
>>20562676
It's the "All of my Demons are returning" part that bugs me
If he was being metaphorical, I could buy it
Just Zedd's way of saying he's been sidetracked by this whole Ranger thing (especially after the sidelining) when he wants his engagement with Zordon to be personal
The demons part though could be foreshadowing for the Eltarian War but I don't think he pinged Zartus since Zelya was already on Earth to warn Zordon about the upcoming Eltarian War (but she also didn't knew the Eltarians were corrupt until Zedd redpilled her)
>>
>>20562692
Then covertly attack them. Teleport to their houses and fill it with magic carbon monoxide. Then they won't be able to attack Rita's base because they're all dead.
>>
>>20562708
You have a good idea, but hear me out: we make a monster that can turn all food into cheese wheels. Then we send it to attack Angel Grove along with about two dozen Putties.
>>
>>20562727
You're right. Let's ask Finster to make Gorgon Zola.
>>
Is there any reason for me to continue engaging with this franchise if I don't like the comics and haven't enjoyed the show since Dino Charge S1 (if I'm being generous)?
>>
>>20562763
Isn't that most of us? I'm just here because I like talking about shows from 20 years ago.
>>
>>20562763
You like fighting games?
>>
File: RCO016_1642064714.jpg (450 KB, 1041x1600)
450 KB
450 KB JPG
>>20561721
He was being metaphorical there
He never forgot
>>
>>20562995
Ah, okay, great. He never forgot. He was always aware that this was his backstory. In that case: >>20559082
>>
Is it wrong that I like Zordon's robot body?
>>
>>20563167
In a "it's cool" way or a "he's hot" way?
>>
>>20562650
It always seemed like Rita and Zedd had limited resources/power which limited them to a monster and putty attack every week and outside of rare occasions nothing more than that. I know at least in Zyuranger that Rita's equivalent could potentially die if she used too much of her magic at once. Maybe Rita had the same problem?
>>
>>20562653
Not in this case. They needed a new Blue Ranger, and he needed to catch up with them before they got on that ship because they needed to use all the keys to get to that island which meant they had like an hour tops to find one. Justin was right there, already knew and had some prior Martial arts training so he was literally the best option they had. Zordon didn't have time to start combing Angel Grove for someone else closer to the Ranger's age.
>>
>>20563222
Then why not stockpile the strong monsters, intentionally send weak fodder to lure the Rangers into a false sense of security, wait a few months until you have a dozen MOTWs, and release them all at once?
>>
File: racist-zordon.png (751 KB, 930x523)
751 KB
751 KB PNG
>>20563167
I can't wait for whatever bullshit Boom comes up with as to why he never uses it again.
>"Zordon, Zedd's latest monster beat the shit out of all six of us. We didn't even land a single blow. We really could use some help."
>"I'm sorry, Rangers, but you know my robot body was destroyed fighting off Zartus and his forces."
>"Well, yeah, but... Can't you just make another one?"
>"I'm afraid that is impossible."
>"Why's that?"
>"Well, because... uhh... You see... We've run out of metal."
>"..."
>"..."
>"..."
>"So, anyway, Alpha and I have made you a new Zord..."
>>
>>20563230
Doesn't it seem dumb the Rangers didn't have understudies when they've already had a history of replacing Rangers? If Rocky's so clumsy he could easily break his back in a training session, maybe Zordon or the others should've foreseen that. And even if Justin was the only option available, that doesn't mean he had to keep the powers. After the events of the movie, they could have found time to find someone who wasn't a little kid to become the next Blue Ranger.
>>
>>20563242
>"It's okay, Rangers. I have stored an extra robot body next to Gosei."
>"Who's Gosei?"
>"I'll get back to you on that."
>>
>>20563239
Cause they want to win sooner and some of those MOTW might get lucky?
>>
>>20563230
Why didn't Jason get the call if he was still hanging around Angel Grove after Zeo? Or Zack if the peace conference shit didn't matter?
>>
>>20563247
I mean, secrets and all that. All replacements prior to mid Turbo were people that had already found out the Ranger's identities anyway. Why give the secrets of everything out to random people who might not ever need to use them in the first place?
>>
>>20563254
Jason was already captured at that point wasn't he? Remember he and Kimberly are actually in the movie and get captured by Divatox. As for Zack, maybe they lost contact with him I guess?
>>
>>20563257
Yeah, but what's the point of keeping the secret in the first place? Divatox already knew who they were. What are the downsides of a kid knowing their identities that are worse than Divatox knowing?
>>
>>20563253
If they can wait 10,000 years to get out, they can wait a few months to win.
>>
>>20562770
If you're not talking primarily about the comics or the current series, I don't know why you'd bother posting in this general for years and years.
>>
>>20563247
In the first episode of Turbo it's revealed that Justin tried giving the Blue Ranger powers back to Rocky after the Turbo movie but at that point Rocky basically just wanted out.
>>
>>20563297
There are other people in Angel Grove besides Rocky. Hell, they ended up giving the Red and Pink Turbo powers to do 2 people who just showed up. The qualifications to be a Power Ranger weren't that high.
>>
>>20563215
Cool
I think Zordon with a robot body is cool
I think Zordon fighting in said body and feeling the thrill of battle is cool
I think Zordon fighting Zedd on the moon is cool despite feeling the latter not living up to my expectations
I think the Eltarian War is fun
>>
>>20563242
Billy made it as a gift
Not even as a way to redeem himself, he was already making it as a way for Zordon to live out his fantasy and fight alongside the team
>>
>>20563309
Cool. Then it's gonna be some real big bullshit that Boom's gonna have to try and sell to us, if the body is something that Billy is capable of building.
>>
>>20563259
>>Jason was already captured at that point wasn't he? Remember he and Kimberly are actually in the movie and get captured by Divatox. As for Zack, maybe they lost contact with him I guess?
Don't they have the technology to port in anyone on Earth?
>>
>>20563377
Yeah, but pretend Divatox had teleport dampeners on her ship.
>>
>>20563377
Actually, yeah, that's a good point. Divatox isn't magic, at least not like Rita and Zedd were. Jason and Kimberly weren't being held in another dimension, they were just in a room on a submarine. They totally should've been able to teleport them out. Geez, at the very least give Alpha a line like "The hull of Divatox's Subcraft is too thick for our teleporters to penetrate!" or something.
>>
>>20563377
Assuming they know where they are yes, but there's been plenty of time were the computer just couldn't find someone so it's not a perfect system.
>>
Why did Zordon violently teleport Tommy against his will? While he was wearing nothing but swimming trunks?
https://youtu.be/OxOrtaJIqJU?t=713
>>
>>20563434
Then what about Aisha?
>>
>>20563477
I don't know. Maybe Alpha was off his game during the movie.

The Turbo movie's fucking stupid even by PR's standards, and the only way to enjoy the movie involves having friends around to make fun of it.
>>
>>20563215
I'm sick of MMPR representation in BftG but Zordon would be a fun addition especially if Dave hams it up
>>
>>20563489
>I'm sick of MMPR representation in BftG
I am, too, but I feel like there's still a few worthy MMPR characters that could be added.
>Ninjor - Season 3 needs more love, dammit.
>Rito - Same as above.
>Pumpkin Rapper - Normally I wouldn't mention him, but he outright asks to be added in Legacy Wars. Come on, nWay, don't let our favorite pumpkin down.
>Ivan Ooze - If they ever figure out the rights issues.
>Incredible Bulkster and Super Skull/Purple and Orange Rangers - Because who doesn't want to play as Bulk and Skull?
>White Alien Ranger and Solar Ranger - Only if you count them as MMPR characters, I guess. I don't, personally.
>>
>>20556993
The big payoff of Super Sentai is the crossover series that are huge throwbacks to the original shows that will probably never ever be used for a PR localization, like Zenkaiger and Akibaranger.
>>
>>20563565
The only MMPR shit that has any right to be added to BftG at this point is Bulk & Skull, Ivan Ooze and the Turtle Rangers. Everything else is entirely redundant or unnecessary when there are other seasons completely left unrepresentened (MMAR, Turbo, Space, LR, WF, NSm, DT, OO, RPM, NSl, BM, DF). I could excuse Rito too, if only to have a team of him, Goldar and Scorpina.
>>
File: 1489966330080.jpg (20 KB, 312x353)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>people still surprised at how shitty the comics are written
>>
>>20563489
>>20563565
At the very least they were creative enough to not just use the standard MMPR suits for most of them so it makes the roster look more varied, but outside of Ninjor, or maybe Rito I do think they should pull in other seasons now. I want to say I think Titanium ranger should get in but it kinda feels like there's too much representation fro sixth/extra rangers desu.
>>
>>20563457
Zordon noticed he wasn't wearing sunscreen
>>
>>20564098
How much did they butchered the pre-Zyu teams? I know there's some fanfic-tier nonsense about the Boom Comics version of the Fiveman team having a sixth member who ended up betraying everyone.
>>
>>20564544
notFlashman jobbed to Astronema
I don't know much about notDairanger but they have a nonbinary member
>>
>>20564576
>I don't know much about notDairanger but they have a nonbinary member
Thanks, I hate it already.
>>
>>20564098
They started off strong but then event fatigue hit hard
Even then it's had its highs and moments
>>
>>20564098
I enjoyed them until the post Shattered Grid Eltarian war stuff.
>>
>>20564544
So far they just exist to get killed off.
>>
>Izzy got Dino Fury nominated for a GLAAD award
Huh
>>
Finally started into the post SMF era with Dino Charge. I'd heard it was better and...I guess it is in some ways but fuck. How can you be so emotionless when screaming about how wild things are about to get?
>>
>>20565429
Because actors who give a shit don't audition for Power Rangers. PR's been on long enough that at least two generations of actors see the franchise as a graveyard of dead careers, regardless if that stigma's true or not. All you get are the actors whose childhood dream was becoming a Power Ranger, or the desperate actors who wanted any job and don't care what.
>>
>>20565179
weird since it's still way behind most kid's shows at this point. And at best reachese the boldness legend of korra acheived near a decade ago.
>>
>>20565179
Sauce?
>>
>tfw more nerds currently associate the words "White Dragon" with Robert Patrick's character in Peacemaker than your Power Rangers bootleg
>>
I feel like a crazy person every time I bring this up, but maybe you guys can help. I remember having a vhs of Zedd and Rita's wedding, but it had scenes from the monster mash episodes? Is that a real thing? Or is my brain just mashing two things from my childhood together.
In the same vein, I remember that vhs not having the jew music during the reception for Rita and Zedd's wedding. The monsters sang some "bupbup she doo" song.
>>
>>20565734
https://www.billboard.com/culture/pride/2022-glaad-media-awards-nominations-list-1235020427/
>>
>>20565767
That's Lord Zedd's Monster Heads, a VHS exclusive Halloween clip show "episode" released somewhere around Season 3. Footage of Zedd and Rita's wedding reception is repurposed into being a Halloween party. Zedd and co. spend most of the episode recalling earlier monster attacks, so there's a lot of old fight scenes included.
>>
>>20563636
>Power Rangers will never get Magine in some form
You poor bastards.
>>
Power Rangers #18

Retail Price: $3.99
Writer: Ryan Parrott
Artist: Marco Renna
Cover Artist:
Main Cover: Gerald Parel
Legacy Variant Cover: Daniele Di Nicuolo
FOC Reveal Cover: Monika Palosz
Incentive Cover: Gerald Parel
Incentive Cover: Daniele Di Nicuolo
Incentive Cover: Goñi Montes
FOC Reveal Incentive Cover: Monika Palosz
Incentive Cover: Goñi Montes

Synopsis:
• The Omega Rangers take a big risk, splitting up after receiving separate distress calls from two distant planets.
• Zack and Trini bring an unexpected guest back to Safehaven after a battle, while Jason and Yale encounter a rogue [REDACTED], determined to avenge the destruction of his home planet!

finally bringing in Andros and Ecliptor I see
>>
>>20566411
Mighty Morphin #18
Retail Price: $3.99
Writer: Mathew Groom
Artist: Moisés Hidalgo
Cover Artist:
Main Cover: InHyuk Lee
Legacy Variant Cover: Eleonora Carlini
FOC Reveal Cover: Monika Palosz
Incentive Cover: InHyuk Lee
Incentive Cover: Eleonora Carlini
Incentive Cover: Rian Gonzales
FOC Reveal Incentive Cover: Monika Palosz
Incentive Cover: Rian Gonzales

Synopsis:
• With the combined efforts of Promethea and the Zords protecting the Power Chamber, Rocky, the Red
Ranger, and Matt, the Green Ranger, wait in tense anticipation for the return of the Away Team.
• Emotions run high as Zordon acknowledges a hidden history involving him and Promethea, and how much the War has affected him, while Rocky is torn on different responsibilities that might be irreconcilable without help…
>>
>>20566417
Power Rangers Universe #5
Retail Price: $4.99
Writer: Nicole Andelfinger
Artist: Simone Ragazzoni
Cover Artist:
Main Cover: Dan Mora
FOC Reveal Cover: Audrey Mok
Incentive Cover: Dan Mora
Dark Ranger Incentive Cover: Kath Lobo
Negative Space Incentive Cover: Goñi Montes
Incentive Cover: Michal Ivan
FOC Unlockable: Audrey Mok

Synopsis:
• On the Masterforge, the Legendary Ranger Teens and the Morphinaut feel the aftershock of the smoking crater on Earth’s surface.
• At the mysterious crash site, their new powers and skill sets are put to the test against a horde of Foot Soldiers! But what happens when their powers start to fail… and even begin to turn against them?
>>
>>20566411
>>
>>20566417
>>
File: STL221010[1].jpg (368 KB, 1186x1800)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
GODZILLA VS MMPR #2 (OF 5) CVR A FREDDIE WILLIAMS II
IDW PUBLISHING
FEB220416
FEB220417 – GODZILLA VS MMPR #2 (OF 5) CVR B NETHO DIAZ – 3.99
FEB220418 – GODZILLA VS MMPR #2 (OF 5) CVR C 10 COPY INCV WILLIAMS II (N
(W) Cullen Bunn (A / CA) Freddie Williams II
From IDW Publishing and Boom! Studios, two titanic powers collide in a cross-company collaboration event you never expected . . . but makes complete sense!

Godzilla battles the Megazord . . . and no matter who wins, the world will be at great peril from the combined threat of the Xilien invaders and Rita Repulsa! And if a giant robot and a giant monster weren't cataclysmic enough, how about Gigan-a cybernetic space monster ready to fight them both?

Written by superstar scribe Cullen Bunn (Godzilla: Cataclysm) and illustrated by artist extraordinaire Freddie Williams II (Batman/TMNT)!
In Shops: Apr 27, 2022
SRP: 3.99
>>
>>20566419
>>
>>20566546
>>
>>20566544
>Gigan gets thrown in just to pretend to be a threat again
It's just so trite at this point
>>
>>20566670
It just proves Ghidorah's gonna be in here once Gigan gets ahead of himself again
Granted a variant cover by the artist already spoiled Ghidorah's presence
>>
>>20566670
Fuck you Gigan's cool
>>
>>20566670
>pretend
He's the first kaiju to make Godzilla bleed, anon.
>>
>>20566529
what am i looking at?
>>
>>20566776
I think Trini and Zack are fighting back to back
>>
>>20561721
>People praise this writing
You fags like anything
>>
>>20567184
It's been clarified in this thread that he didn't actually forget
He was being metaphorical on that page
>>
>>20562637
>And given that they probably have many monsters, every minion and unlimited troops up there a team of 5-6 people raiding it is gonna be suicide.
In the series itself Tommy Just walked right in, so no
>>
>>20565736
Is Jason David Frank still a douche?
>>
>>20567463
Are you talking about Green With Evil? He was Rita's minion then, so that doesn't count. Are you talking about Master Vile And The Metallic Armor? He snuck in to get into the basement and was purposely trying to not be discovered.
>>
>>20567215
No it really didn't. But this isn't the first time the writer has contradicted himself anyway.
>>
>>20567533
Mellowed out in recent years.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (248 KB, 1125x1123)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
Damn, Trini.
>>
What's the better tone? The seasons that take Power Rangers completely seriously and the only jokes come from comic relief characters like Wild Force or Lost Galaxy, or the seasons that mock Power Rangers' internal logic all the time like Ninja Storm or RPM?
>>
>>20565776
She is Billy 2.0 huh?
>>
>>20567640
>He snuck in to get into the basement and was purposely trying to not be discovered.
Yeah no shit, My point still stands, he didn't find any guards and Just walked around with nobody stopping him.

Even fucking Bandora had like 3 or 4 Monsters guarding her palace at all times
>>
>>20568545
>the seasons that mock Power Rangers' internal logic all the time like Ninja Storm or RPM?
How many of those have we had? 3? Even the wacky seasons like Turbo and Dino Charge only have surface-level gags, never any self-aware jokes questioning the show's structure.
>>
File: Lightspeed Rescue.jpg (936 KB, 1936x2723)
936 KB
936 KB JPG
>>20564137
Titanium should be added if only cause he was the first american original ranger and because we need more lightspeed
>>
>>20570046
Man I loved that artist tribute book
>>
>Some SEA (you know the kind) posted actual human gore on Ryan Parrott's message about urging fans to not contact his family about PR
Huh
>>
>>20571110
At least we know who's doing it now
>>
>>20571150
Crazy SEAs would just threaten his family to get the book cancelled, not actually write it
Boom's CEO himself has mentioned people desperately trying to write the books so it's definitely not the same group as the SEAs who get offended by PR's existence
>>
Anyone got the RPG rulebook yet?
How is it?
>>
>>20566411
Ecliptor already showed up
He teamed up with Trini and Xi to break Astronema, Jason, and Zack out of SPD confinement
>>
https://p-bandai.jp/b-toys-shop/special-1000014004/

did beetleborgs get transforming toys?
>>
>>20571435
Yeah, Roboborg and Boron
The latter's toy only came out in America
>>
>>20559062
She either gets
>The base Ranger Slayer form
>The Ranger Slayer form but light themed
>Pink Solar Ranger form
I'd go with the last one
>>
>>20562641
God smote him for using a boxing ring to preform luchador flips
>>
>>20566677
>>20566670
>>20566735
Reminder that the Megazord, Dragonzord, and Titanus, will all be used to develop MechaGodzilla
>>
>>20568489
Still Jesus-y? I get this weird vibe from him that he's Joe Rogen without the influence and mic fucking.
>>
>>20572194
you don't stop being jesusy
>>
File: 1618290967355.jpg (500 KB, 1007x1080)
500 KB
500 KB JPG
>>20544775
I love capitalism now
>>
>>20566411
Cloak makes me think Andros
"Destruction of his home planet" makes me think Cruger
>>
https://twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/1484642456557658112
>>
>>20574318
Speaking of Freddie Williams II, he's been posting art for the comic on twitter
Mostly references for him to work with but he's trying to incorporate the Godzilla dropkick
https://twitter.com/search?q=godzillavspowerrangers%20from%3A%40Freddieart&src=typed_query&f=live
Also maybe Zedd and Serpenterra by extant popping in
>>
File: Patricia Lee.png (2.04 MB, 1460x1418)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
In today's Where Are they Now
https://twitter.com/pasadenafd/status/1374367696494624775
>>
File: PJL.jpg (36 KB, 420x356)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>20574485
For a moment it seemed like she was gonna go in a similar Johnny Yong Bosch route, with roles in anime and games with motion capture, but this is pretty admirable, and probably a lot more stable too.
>>
>>20574801
seems's she's one of those voice actors who still reprises their old roles but doesn't audition for new ones
>>
>>20559176

the lead has a dragon ceasar armor set. then he and the other kaisar have a v-rex motif, and they combine in giant mecha form
>>
>>20574839
Yeah she can still do that kind of work from time to time for fun but has a stable job otherwise. Alot of actors do this actually.
>>
I want a toy of the dragon tigerzord
>>
>>20546986
They might get leeway if they ever do make it since they'd technically have to release a new Dragonzord altogether in the first place
>>
>>20574302
It does seem too early for Andros to have already lost KO-35

But he does need to meet Zordon at some point
>>
>>20574485
>Middle aged
>Still pursuing a dream job that pays 60k a year

Fish or cut bait ffs
>>
>>20570046
Why are green adn blue mixed?
>>
>>20575345
Oh fuck, you're right. How'd they miss that.
>>
>>20575383
I guess the artist is from ancient Greece
>>
>>20574485
>>
>>20574365
>Also maybe Zedd and Serpenterra by extant popping in
I doubt it since it happens during S1

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.