[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: kaiju_1_full.png (1.12 MB, 1200x1014)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
Was it good or shit?
>>
>>20543198
Horrible and the worst Godzilla entry. Bones needs to close its doors, they really can't make good stuff anymore.
>>
>>20543198
I liked it, of course it wasn’t perfect especially if all the science gets over your head but I personally thought it was a good show
>>
>>20543198
they made him look retarded what the hell
THIS is what SP Godzilla looks like?
>the obvious Zilla proportions
come on
>>
File: kaiju_7_full.png (897 KB, 1200x1014)
897 KB
897 KB PNG
>>20543209
Could be worse.
>>
>>20543219
who the hell would watch this garbage
>>
File: kaiju_5_full.png (967 KB, 1200x1014)
967 KB
967 KB PNG
>>20543224
Don't know.
>>
we don't need this thread every week
>>
Take this thread with a grain of salt btw... toku turned anime, generally is considered automatic dogshit in a lot of cases on this board because its seen as super disrespectful of the source material
>>
>>20543233
>super disrespectful of the source material
Because it is.
>>
File: JET JAGAH.webm (2.79 MB, 854x480)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB WEBM
>>20543233
It was hardly any less respectful of the source material than half the showa movies. Or Final Wars.
>>
>>20543251
>the source material was disrespectful to itself
Shut the fuck up retard.
>>
File: chara_1_full.png (371 KB, 1200x1133)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
>>20543230
We do.
>>
>>20543233
>>20543249
Was also Telling OP to watch it for himself rather than ask this board if its good or not
>>
>>20543209
Pretty sure Legendary's Godzilla was used as a base for this version of Godzilla
>>
>>20543288
Why would you waste your time watching garbage?
>>
File: Good night sweet prince.jpg (106 KB, 1920x1080)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>20543198
>Tech babble went a bit to overkill at points, but I appreciate the effort to try and hard science things a bit
>Bit of the same issue as 2014 in that there isn't a whole lot of Goji. Was ok with it since he's presented a calamity that is being built to and needs to be solved
>When he does show up in all his fury he's great. Those charge rings formed with the atomic breath are cool as shit
>Rodan was a bit wonky. Anguirus has never looked better. Jet Jaguar is the best
>Alapu upala is a really good song
I liked it/10. Hope it gets a season 2 so we can see Mechagodzilla.
>>
>>20543300
Because I've noticed ppl asking on this board about whether something was good or not I got the feeling they either never watched it or were an idiot trying to stir up trouble

I get the impression this threads the former, so telling OP to watch it himself rather than trust this place to give him an honest answer when purists are gonna say 'its shit' to literally everything here and the studio that animated it needs to die
>>
>>20543322
>when purists are gonna say 'its shit' to literally everything here and the studio that animated it needs to die
They say that because the show is bad.
>>
File: kaiju_9_full.png (1.08 MB, 1200x1014)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>20543209
>>
Should be called Jet Jaguar The Show.
>>
>>20543198
Good overall but feels like it got too stuck in its ways so the pacing and payoff for certain things suffer as a result
I like the attempt
>>
>>20543198
>11 posters
>23 posts
>the majority of it is some guy saying it's shit
OP, watch for yourself. It seems like there are /v/ tier type of posters that will shit on everything they don't like and try to get you to hate it too.
>>
I don't understand why this show is so damn divisive. It's a little too slow and i can see people disliking the designs but I think it's very well produced and has a much more affable human cast than a lot of Godzilla iterations.
I feel like the content and execution of the Polygon trilogy would make it much more controversial and divisive than this harmless thing.
>>
>>20543615
It's actually just the one idiot defending it, everyone else rightfully hates it.
>>
Singular Point is fun. A bit slow at times, but fun.
>>
>>20543198
yeh.
>>
>>20543695
You're not fooling anyone dumbass.
>>
>>20543198
It was kino, you won't enjoy it though unless you are willing to think. I'm not even kidding and have zero % sarcasm when I say that low IQ people won't like this show and do not like this show, especially from my experience. It's full of really cool references and has lots of soul, again just be ready to think about stuff you've never heard about before. The writer for the show literally has an advanced physics degree. I really enjoyed it, the characters are fine, some aren't super interesting but they are side characters. It's not a character story though, it's a story of dramatic events that are solved by characters, so don't expect any tear jerker parts. I enjoyed it alot
>>
>>20543620
It's simple, retards don't like SP because they are to stupid to understand it and seethe about it eternally. It's sorta the same reason I know alot of Godzilla fans who didn't like Shin Godzilla, and it's simply because they are giant children who want to see monsters smashing each other only and can't into political dramas. SP is an intellectual science drama largely and that is a strong filter for retards who will cope about it forever. The other Godzilla anime was just shit, which is why it's not divisive since we all agree it's garbage
>>
>>20543883
>kino
Fuck off tourist.
>>
>>20543198
It's excellent but it filters brainless Americans who think Godzilla is only about monster fights.
>>
Amazing how most of SP's defenses square around"not getting it" rather than counter act the slow pacing, the unfitting music, the subpar animation, the bland characters, or how the title character barely appears and barely does anything.
>>
>>20543198
I liked it more than the anime trilogy, but I didn't care for it much overall.

I liked science concepts it was pulling on and some the ideas like the red dust were really cool. But I found the execution a little dull.
>>
>>20543251
how can you be disrespectful to toku when the craft has been relegated to toddler shit like rider or power rangers for decades
>>
>>20543300
Not him but I was under the assumption I'd get a decent sci-fi horror series with Godzilla and company. All I got was a college semester.
>>
>>20543886
Well I like theoretical science and think bureaucracy and politics are boring, so I actually enjoyed Singular Point but only really enjoyed some 20 minutes of Shin.
>>
Shitty show, squanders the medium with exposition dumps and animating text messages, somehow less Godzilla in a 7 hour series than in Godzilla 2014.

Has a huge issue of attracting pseuds who deflect to IQ whenever someone says anything remotely bad about the show. Jet Jaguar was cool though.
>1/4 of the thread is calling everyone who doesn’t like it stupid
Proving my point
>>
>>20543198
I watched it.
If they made a season two, I will watch it.
But I hate it so much. I've seen every Godzilla show and film, and Singular Point ranks right down there with trash like Godzilla's Revenge.
>>
>>20544852
>I hated it but I’ll watch season 2
This is why we get shitty shows
>>
Viewership of the show dropped like a rock on the fansub after like four episodes. I literally had never seen a show with so little ratings

That should tell you what you need to know
>>
>>20544860
Yar har fiddle-dee-dee
I'll watch this shit, but I'll watch it for free
Yar har a-rub-a-dub-dub
Why pay for netflix when there's simple fansubs
>>
>>20543695
You're just mad that you got banned from Tohokingdom
On every kaiju forum SP is universally loved.
>>
>>20544882
The banned Tohokingdomfag loves singular point. Unless were actually thinking of different TKfags
>>
>>20543615
>there are /v/ tier type of posters that will shit on everything they don't like and try to get you to hate it too
Let me tell you about this anime called Active Raid and a single /m/ autist's hateboner for it.
>>
>>20544904
that doesn't sound good.
>>
>>20543615
>It seems like there are /v/ tier type of posters that will shit on everything they don't like and try to get you to hate it too.
just sounds like you're insecure over anons not liking the show, which has been a consistent thing that's happened with any SP threads we've had like what >>20544847 pointed out
>>
If you faggots love tohokingdom so much then stay there, stop bringing offtopic drama here. /m/ is NOT the kaiju board let alone the shitty edrama one.
>>20544852
>trash like Godzilla's Revenge
The absolute state of westoid "kaiju fans".
>>
Why does this show attract so many oversensitive pseuds? Literally every thread has the same 3 anons crying about how the masses are just too low IQ to like it
>>
>>20544998
You go back to tohokingdom, wait, you’re banned, I forgot.
>>
>>20543198
Better than the three Earth pure CGI movies that's for sure.
>>
>>20545204
Please keep proving my point, all you’re doing is making yourselves seem worse
>>
>>20543198
shitflix
>>
>>20544992
Anon, there is a differences between disliking something and having an obsession with the thing you proclaim to hate. It's the same problem that /v/ have. It's ok to dislike something, you can give your reason and everything. Not everyone is going to agree, but that's fine, you can't be forced to like it and shouldn't be.

What you're doing or whoever it is, clearly is obsessed with the series in a negative way. You/they is forcing an opinion down everyone's throat and that they should agree with you and if not, then they are worst thing to come on this earth. I can understand replying to someone to have a conversation or an argument on what you like or dislike, but there is no argument. It's just hostility. The poster count even show this of when someone talk about the positive of the show, someone reply to them just say how wrong they are.

The only person that I see that is insecure here is you with your, "It's me or them" mentality.
>>
>>20545373
>The poster count even show this of when someone talk about the positive of the show, someone reply to them just say how wrong they are.
Forgot to also say, the poster count doesn't go up showing it's one person hostility during the whole thing.
>>
>>20545373
>>20545380
>poster count
do you even know where you are?
>>
>>20543198
Shit
>>
Most of the people saying it's shit is one person banned from Tohokingdom named AlienHulk2099, who is known for being obnoxious and has a hate boner for Armored Mothra. They didn't like Singular Point cause it wasn't enough building smashing and monster fights.
>>
>>20548079
Idk famalam seems like cope for an unpopular series
>>
>>20548079
I don't care, you, him, duel and every other retard need to go back and stay there.
>>
>>20548095
Shut up AH, Obsidious isn't a real Godzilla monster. GFW sucked ass. And you are gonna stay banned from TK.
>>
>>20543198
Ultimately, I liked it. The technobabble science was a bit much at times (the texting sequences go way too fast to really keep track of) but overall the science is relatively easy to follow, the characters are fun and memorable enough (especially the Jet Jaguar crew), and while Godzilla himself isn't in the series too much, it's not as bad or as noticeable because in the meanwhile you get tons of Jet Jaguar, Rodan, Anguirus, Kumonga, Gaba---I mean Salunga, etc., so it's not like if Godzilla's not on-screen there's no kaiju action happening. I thought it was good.
>>
File: file.png (3.61 MB, 1380x1347)
3.61 MB
3.61 MB PNG
>>20543198
It depends if you like this guy, for he is the star of the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-CvNxRs5Zs
>>
>>20548095
It is. The forumfag shits himself every time someone doesn't like SP and accuses everyone of being his old fuckbuddy. It's either just autistic bait, or he's the guy he keeps complaining about thinking he has some kind of big internet notoriety when actually no one even knows what the fuck he's talking about. This fanbase is one of the most cursed fanbases in existence.
>>
>>20548496
Yeah, AH does shit himself when someone likes SP while he doesn't.
>>
>>20548496
You're new, aren't you?
>>
>>20543198
I stopped watching at the episode when they saw the cube exploding and decided within ten seconds that it was because of time travel.
>>
>>20548112
GFW does suck, but SP sucks harder
>>
>>20548549
I didn't like SP at all, but I'll watch it through again if I need to rehash something. Can't say the same for FW.
>>
So glad it's getting a season 2.
>>
>>20548095
>>20548103
>>20548496
This guy has used the same straw/boogie man DARVO method on /toy/.
>>20548549
This, Final Wars is at least entertaining and knows what it's trying to be. Singular Point, much like Shin and the Netflix trilogy, is not even worth a rewatch.
>>
>>20548678
>much like Shin
Come on now.
>>
>>20548704
It was exceptionally boring and you know it.
>>
>>20548766
If you watch Shin Godzilla in a post-COVID world and find it boring I don't know what to tell you (different anon, btw).
>>
>>20548766
I've seen it more than 5 times and I like it more and more each time. You might have a serious case of americanitis.
>>
>>20548766
>>20548678
Shut up AH.
>>
>>20548826
You're talking to a guy who just fast forwarded all the 'boring human parts' in Godzilla movies.
>>
>>20548830
I wished I that to this tripe.
>>20548826
No I just don't rewatch things. There's no point, we're all going to die eventually and I'm looking forward to mine, mainly because suicide without a firearm is herculean.
>>
>>20543305
I felt the same way. It’s weird and off-putting in parts but cool and entertaining in others. My favorite character was hot government mommy
>>
>>20548770
Why would covid be relevant to Shin Godzilla?
>>
>>20548904
Probably Pitzfag's too if by default of them having the same voice actress: https://anidb.net/creator/32588
>>
>>20548904
>mommy
Fuck off redditor.
>>
>>20545406
So, just because /m/ is a slow board doesn't mean shitposters don't raid the place. Like you.
>>
>>20548946
Hi AH, you're still banned from TohoKingdom.
>>
>that anon who can’t stop coping that people don’t like his stupid anime that he’s calling everyone who doesn’t like it alienhulk
Lmao
>>
>>20548939
I hate reddit too, I just have a serious mommy kink
>>
>>20548986
Hi Alien Hulk, sorry, you're STILL banned from TohoKingdom.
it's more then one guy
>>
File: godzooky.png (1.15 MB, 1080x1080)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>20548986
>one guy going around saying it's shit
>Y-YOU'RE COPING
But I'm not some retard who was banned from a godzilla site, now am I?
>>
>>20548993
Aren't the Toho Kingdom forums notorious for banning hundreds of people for very stupid/minute reasons and public favoritism? I've never heard anything good come from that community.
>>
Nuke this fucking thread already holy shit.
>>
>>20549002
This strange fanfiction has to do with a sizable chunk of the Godzilla fandom not liking SP how again?
>>
I liked parts of it but ultimately the technobabble was too much.
I felt like I was watching one of those stupid CSI type shows where they suddenly make a very specific guess and of course that random guess is amazingly accurate and correct. The characters were more there to drive the plot than having character.
>>
MODS REMOVE ALL THIS OFF TOPIC FORUM DRAMA FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
>multiple Tohokingdom members are so anally blasted about their “super smart” show being disliked that they’re attributing every negative post to a user they don’t like
Holy shit go back, no one fucking gives a shit about your forum drama. I’m sorry your dad raped you a lot as a kid but that doesn’t mean you need to spread your forum drama feces everywhere
>>
>>20549036
>deflecting
>>
>>20549036
>the one forum member that they don't like is known for shitting up /m/ threads constantly and posting the same 'sp was shit' thread every other week
Holy shit, imagine people disliking someone who's ASKING to be disliked.
>>
Probably the most attractive character in the whole show
>>
>>20549043
There’s a difference between disliking one person and accusing every single post they disagree with as being from that user.

The refusal to accept more than one person doesn’t like singular point is fucking staggeringly autistic
>>
>>20543198
Better than the Anime trilogy
>>
>>20549046
Yes but counterargument. Before you showed up he was clearly the only one shitting on it.
>>
>>20549044
>no bondage lewds
But otherwise I agree.
>>
>>20549046
>the dickhead being so autistic he needs verification that his dislike of a netflix show he willingly watched, just to post he hates it week after week on the board
>isn't the autistic part.
>>
>>20549052
Alienhulk hasn’t been relevant in years you fucktard. Stop raiding the thread with your stupid ass forum butt buddies and go back to TK. And TK’s thread is a circlejerk of 1 opinion so you’d be happier there
>>
>>20543198
how are mortal men meant to oppose such thiccness?
>>
>>20549060
Diagonalizer
>>
>>20549056
D'aaaw.
>>
>>20548907
I randomly threw on Shin Godzilla one day during quarantine cause I wanted to watch a Godzilla movie (it wasn't the first time I'd seen it), and basically the entire middle of the movie is about containing infections and radiation, and survival supplies running low (which included masks, I think?), and everyone coming together to handle a crisis, not to mention the start of the movie where the politicians make the whole thing worse because they can't get out of their own way... Obviously it wasn't *about* COVID but I dunno, it just struck me as a more realistic way of handling a crisis scenario than the usual "There's a giant monster, someone call the military so they can shoot it" seen in kaiju movies.
>>
never saw anything godzilla related until singular point, loved it
>>
>>20549056
you must be new
>>
>>20549099
It was based on the then recent nuclear breach in Japan.
>>
>>20549131
actually it was based on godzilla
>>
>>20549131
Oh, no, I get that, but just because it was based on one situation doesn't mean it can't also be similar to another situation.
>>
>>20549134
oddly enough, no
>>
>>20549134
Not exactly, but Godzilla Raids Again was based Godzilla tho.
>>
File: 1443716897739.png (199 KB, 491x368)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
>>20549131

You are genuinely retarded if you believe this. There's a reason why the /m/ wiki bans schizo tropers like you on sight.
>>
>>20549174
There's an /m/ wiki?
>>
>Meanwhile, in an alternate universe
>>
>>20549202
Type Mecha with two Ms and wikia into google and you will find it. Janitor doesn't allow links to it for some reason, but he doesn't allow a lot of things that would pass on other boards.
>>
>>20549174
>You are genuinely retarded if you believe this. There's a reason why the /m/ wiki bans schizo tropers like you on sight.
I thought that was pretty common knowledge?
>>
>>20549174
>>20549664
The one run by someone named yapool?
>>
>>20549758
The one the janitor hates yes, I don't know what this ban happy wiki the other anon mentioned is. Yapool doesn't spam the ban hammer to the best of my knowledge.
>>
>>20549761
IIRC from what I’ve known yapool is just another sock puppet account from alienhulk
>>
>>20549761
>Yapool doesn't spam the ban hammer
He doesn't, the few fandom users that go there followed the rules, no tropers get banned on sight. There is a rule where trope information is limited to comment sections and a specific article so the other articles pertain to in-universe information which is more lenient than what most wikias allow.
>>
>>20549768
Correct.
>>
But can we milk Godzilla for renewable resources?
>>
File: 1623413394594.jpg (377 KB, 1943x1382)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>>20543198
i liked it, i had fun. big fan of their rendition of jet jaguar. the overall story was nice and i honestly cared about where it was going conceptually.
>>
File: GODZilla EGG.png (85 KB, 251x238)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>20550873
This is the best answer I've ever heard regarding this show. Broadly speaking, you've summed up the whole thing.

However, I do miss traditional Godzilla. I want a really good return to form where mankind is responsible for Godzilla's existence. That or a Godzilla HBO series/movie in haunting black & white taking place in 1954 with a scathing critique on Japan having to "forgive" the U.S. for the Lucky Dragon incident so that they can help them with Godzilla, and the ramifications of playing God, the role of the scientific community in divisive politics, and why won't we stop ourselves.
>>
>>20550931
>mankind is responsible for Godzilla's existence
Shin wasn't that long ago.
>>
>>20550933
Shin is completely different in that term. In the original, it was obviously human's fault and the monster came back to bite them in the ass for it. Shin is literally just a monster that is both lost and confused in this world he have never seen before. He only evolved when threaten. He was forced by one man and even then Shin don't attack humans out of rage.
>inb4 BUT HE FED ON THE NUCLEAR OF MAN'S MISTAKE!!!
Yeah and he did it because he knew it was a food source to survive.
>>
File: G54-5.jpg (446 KB, 1200x900)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
>>20550933
Shin was too Anno. It's clever, but in trying to adhere to a certain realism, I felt the script made character choices that were a bit too anime-ish. That and it shows a kind of Japan that is still a little clueless to the rest of the world. The webs holding everything together are stretched really thin in the third act. And the ending, though pretty spooky, is even then too optimistic in my honest to god opinion. The radiation from Godzilla is said to instantly decay, they're gonna rebuild everything and it'll be alright, yada yada yada...

What I want is the original nightmare. I want low-key and high contrast lighting akin to noir, akin to the cinematography of Honda's film. I want it black & white like the light house. I want a movie where we see dread and trauma. I want Tokyo to be raped by Godzilla, not merely destroyed. I want to see hopelessness and true, honest desperation. I want a movie where Godzilla is not a natural disaster, not a finger to be pointing at something, but death itself. Shin Godzilla was an agent of chaos confronting the world we know, forcing Japan to react quickly, criticizing the red tape, and saving the day through a group of highly intelligent individuals who can feel unrealistic at times. It's an episode of political eva. Too tongue-in-cheek even though it's grisly as fuck. It does capture the scale of what the 54 film must have felt like, though. At least in terms of there being a giant monster just destroying everything.
>>
>>20549548
We need him to return
>>
>>20550983
>I want mankind to be responsible for godzilla
>NO NOT LIKE THAT!!!
>>
>>20551084
Nah, you getting the wrong idea. What I'm saying is that if you're going to use the term the fault of man, then give the monster a reason to seek man. Shin was forced on man's land but never really care for them. The original make you understand why it did walk on land and seek man. It might be me being a little bias on old films, but if you're going to say man's fault, then give the monster (or antagonist on whatever you are using) a reason to seek man and punish them for it. Shin Godzilla was more about a typical anime villain revenge story (Goro, not in general) about how the villain's wife die and now everyone deserve to suffer.
>>
>>20551142
Okay but that story has already been made, why do you want to see it again if you can always go back to the original as many times as you please?
>but I want something new!
Shin is new, it takes the original and makes something different.
>it's too anime!
???????????????????????????????
Name 10 anime that have a similar plot or villain motivation.
>>
>>20550933
If I had to continue Shin, I'd make it sort of a darker interpretation of the Showa series. Specifically the following movies. Remember, Shin =/= Body Horror. It's a distillation of the character.
>Raids Again (Anguirus is a determined fighter that wants to put a stop to Godzilla's confused rampage)
>Vs Mothra (Mothra is a vengeful deity who wants to make sure that anyone who so much as dares throw off the natural balance is punished. That includes Godzilla)
>Ghidorah TTHM (Ghidorah is more like he is in the anime trilogy except less of a pussy)
>Ebirah: HOTD (Ebirah is a swarm of mutated shrimp that act as brainwashed lapdogs for the Red Bamboo)
>SOG (Shin starts to become a fully sapient creature here, and with this thing that split from his tail, would he find peace?)
>Vs Hedorah (Hedorah is a nightmarish fusion of flesh and toxins that acts more like Shin did in the first movie)
>Vs Gigan (Gigan is a straight up slasher villain)
>Vs Megalon (Megalon is depicted as a mindless drone who's like the fucking Terminator in how determined he is to wipe shit out)
>Vs Mechagodzilla+TOM (Mechagodzilla is literally designed after Shin's initial state, and is made with nanotech and shit)
>DAM. Introduces a ton of new monsters and whatnot, leading up to a big battle.
As the series goes on, Shin starts to become less of an abomination in terms of appearance, and by the end he's standing tall and strong as a hero.
>>
>>20551198
He has no reason to become a hero, he just adapts to the different enemies that come and go, hell, Shin could be THE absolute most powerful Godzilla incarnation because he keeps evolving to overcome the threats the other kaiju present, that's his theme.
>>
>>20551205
That's just it.
Shin becomes a hero because he evolves something that no one expected: Emotions
>>
File: shinhedorahthumbnail.jpg (50 KB, 480x360)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>20551198
>>Vs Hedorah (Hedorah is a nightmarish fusion of flesh and toxins that acts more like Shin did in the first movie)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebHWMNHBYtM
>>
>>20551185
Making new doesn't always work. Don't get me wrong, I like to see old things do new things. It doesn't work all the time.
>>it's too anime!
When did I say this? I said Goro backstory is a TYPICAL anime villain. The one that blame the world for his suffering. I never said anything else about the movie.
>>
>>20551382
This is just a blatant copy of Shin. Hardly worth the praise.
>>
>>20551550
Yeah, but the animation is nice and the ultimate Hedorah form is pretty cool (him with eyes all over is creepy) and I love the spooky "Hedorah won" ending with an army of them at the ready.
>>
>>20551382
>literally just remaking shin
Why do people slobber over this shit? Same with that Godzilla vs gamera animation that was like 3 seconds long
>>
>>20551498
>The one that blame the world for his suffering
What's "anime" about that?
>>
>>20548079
Holy shit I haven't heard that name in years. Is that retard still around?
>>
>>20551658
It looked good
>>
>>20543198
I really liked it but I can see why most people on /m/ wouldn't.
>>
It had a kino opening and just genuinely fun. However there's one thing that put me off and I don't know if it was intentional cos of the time travel and stuff. But it was that it was just day all the time across all timezones. Despite it being midday in Japan it was also midday in the UK for one of the scenes. Still a fun watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEtRjGP4VV0
>>
>>20552977
>kino
Fuck off tourist.
>>
Damn I can smell the asshurt here.
>>
>>20543892
>>20553046
Much but hurt, what did the word Kino do to you? Did it finger your mom? Or did your normie friends laugh at you for pronouncing the word "wrong" ? Insecure that people are discussing a show you dislike? I'm just curious.
>>
>>20552977
>It had a kino opening
It didn't fit the genre, it would have worked better with a proper mystery or crime series.
>>
>>20551753
Basically a person who use power that is far from their understanding and use it to destroy the world for his revenge. I mean, doesn't he fused with Godzilla?
>>
File: 003.gif (317 KB, 500x375)
317 KB
317 KB GIF
>>20543204
>>
>>20543198
In my opinion it was a really good anime. Although how Godzilla was portrait here wasn't so good, but still it was really good anime. Also I love how they made Angiras look like.
>>
File: lol wut.jpg (60 KB, 894x190)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>20549664

I've checked the site and it doesn't seem reliable. Parts of it seem opinionated and delusional, like the notoriety bit here. No sources cited.
>>
>>20553186
literally one obsessed autist, he does this every thread
>>
>>20554754
I used to write like that in 5th grade too.
>>
>>20554754
It looked reliable when I went there.
>>
>>20554754
>>20554827
>>20554876
I don't think Yaps is trying to make it bad, but it's obvious he's one person that can only do so much and wants to cover a very broad range of things few other people want to. It needs multiple dedicated autists, ones good with sources, templates, pictures, etc. For a mostly one man job it's impressive.
>>
>>20554907

I'll trust him a bit more if he deletes the obviously made-up shit in >>20554754
>>
>>20554981
What part of that is made up?
>>
>>20555056

The entire last sentence.
>>
>>20555056
And you wonder why people keep reporting your wikia when you spam it. Just fix your shit. He even gave you a screenshot. Don't pull the
>Durrhurr I'm not the wikia guy, but I shall defend him fiercely
shit, don't pull the
>I went to the wiki and it looks perfectly perfect, you are a liar
shit.

Just fix your shit, or stop posting it on /m/ because it's perfectly clear you won't take any feedback whatsoever.
>>
>>20555096
>asks a basic question
>gets accused of white knighting a guy I barely know

You need to calm down and not be so paranoid all the time.
>>
>>20555084
I remember Evafags wanting to know the names of the new angels when 2.0 came out. By the time that one NHK poll from 2019 came out and still kept the basic numbering there was subtle groaning and questioning of why Anno skipped doing that. Best guess was that others at Gainax wanted to do names and Anno didn't, but King Shitoel from that Shinkalion crossover blew a hole in that theory fast. Everything else got names, Angels from obscure table top games go names, the crossover monster got a name, the anomaly was notable. Notoriety wasn't the right word for Yapool to use, but acting like there was no perplexed paradigm in the Eva fandom is disingenuous.
>>
>>20555257
>Notoriety wasn't the right word for Yapool to use
Notable, that word keeps it objectively correct.
>>
Who the fuck is yapool?
>>
>>20555437
Guy that looks after the /m/ wikia. He wasn't the founder, but a year after it was made he was the only one updating it and he's been doing more or less everything by himself aside from an occasional rando that'll pop in. It's one of those instances of the board trying to start something up and nobody bothered to commit. Yapool is believed to be this alienhulk guy is, but honestly I couldn't care less if he is or not.
>>
>>20555257
If anything it's worth noting that some angels got shitty fan names, but saying "THESE ANGELS ARE KNOWN FOR HAVING NO PROPER NAMES!!" is retarded.
>>
>>20555451
>saying "THESE ANGELS ARE KNOWN FOR HAVING NO PROPER NAMES!!" is retarded.
I mean they can't be identified in any other way so it's not like there isn't a cogent string of logic behind it.
>>
>>20555446
>Yapool is believed to be this alienhulk guy is
No, stop adding baseless rumor about your shitty forum drama and FUCK OFF.
>>
>>20555446
>more alienhulk shit
Accept SP is shit and kill yourself
>>
>>20555464
It's facts.
>>
>>20555481
Maybe you should go back to Tohokingdom and leave everyone else alone
>>
>>20555464
All I did was mention what >>20549768 said, I personally don't care, it ain't my drama.
>>
>>20555484
Tohokingdom's still around?
>>
>>20555495
It's the only Godzilla fan site left. Except for Kaiju Galaxy, but that's so tiny with such a small clique it might as well not exist.
>>
>>20555495
Not very active but yes
>>
>>20555499
>only Godzilla fansite left
>Wikizilla
The site even covers obscure Toho tokusatsu like Diamond Eye, Rainbowman, and Hyuman. And there's not retards running the special ed class. No AlienHulk drama.
>>
>>20555500
Compared to Mecha Talk I'd say it's quite active.
>>
>>20552336
>which gives almost every anime under the sun an 8 have it at 6 point something.
MAL has very casual viewer aggregates. A lot of the stuff /m/ loves have pretty low MAL scores. Had a peak at Active Raid there this week because an /m thread made it seem fun. MAL score for that is below 6. Project A-ko was also below 7 when I looked after watching the new BD.

Not that I like SP, just MAL think MAL scores are a bad indicator with /m/'s stuff.
>>
>>20555518
>AR is under 6 average on MAL
Color me surprised.
>>
>>20555532
So glad other people rated that dumpster fire so low.
>>
File: 1590033148448.jpg (1.35 MB, 1800x1778)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>20559014
Not like the mecha anime classics.
>>
>>20559822
Active Raid manages to be worse than Felcher Gundam somehow.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.