[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: RahXephowned.jpg (74 KB, 960x720)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Finished it and i liked it.
I think i still don't get the finer details but i think i have a good grasp about the general gist.
The only thing i can say for sure is that its not a so called "Eva clone".
What did you think about it?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (73 KB, 1280x720)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>20543137
>Protagonist got laid instead of jacking off to an unconscious body.
>Ayato can act independently and isn't a total bitch like Shinji.
>Maya isn't as good as Gendo, but good enough.
>Movie clarifies a lot of the stuff in the plot/story, even if everything doesn't make 100% sense.
I like it better than Shitvangelion, especially since Anno decided to milk the franchise with the Rebuilds and give us shit like picrel.
>>
I'll have to re-watch this show at some point. Literally cannot remember anything about it other than how much blatant Eva copy/paste there is.
>>
>>20543137
RahXephon is probably one of my favorite mech animes. I first saw one of the middle episodes while channel surfing late at night and it made no sense whatsoever. I watched the full series later on with a friend and all he could do was bitch about it being just like Eva. After I watched Eva I realized the parallels, but I still liked RahXephon more. The combination of older cast members, a more concrete enemy, and a happy ending made it stand out more for me.
>>
>rahxephon thread
>every single post so far is about evangelion
faggots
>>
>>20543223
Ayato is a cupboard cutout. He doesn't have even a tenth of personality Shinji has.
Shinji ended the show by finally growing up and becoming a real human being.
Ayato abandoned the world, humanity and fucked off.
We can see which one is better.
>>
inb4 actually it copied Raideen hipsters
>>
File: RahXephon10.jpg (487 KB, 1900x2254)
487 KB
487 KB JPG
>teh robots
epic
>teh combat
epic
>teh story
epic
>teh show
overall? quite epic
>>
>tfw you will never be able to play and understand the ps2 game

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
>>
File: images (56).jpg (25 KB, 640x480)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>20544323
>>teh combat
>epic
Eh, while really well animated and really hype, they were a bit too short and somewhat dull for my taste. Not all dolems had really Interesting fights with barely little choreography or strategy. It usually boiled down to Ayato engaging with the Dolem, the Dolem fucking him up, Ayato getting serious and fucking the Dolem back.
>>
>>20543137
I watched the anime purely for the opening song.
It's easily one of if not Maaya Sakamoto's best pieces.
The visuals were cool too.
I remember feeling that the rest of the show was kinda underwhelming though. But it's probably still worth a watch.

>>20544337
Yeah the show had really lackluster fights now that you mention it, it never gave the MC enemies he had to think his way through and find weakpoints to overcome, just punch(or scream) harder essentially.
It's a really poor writing choice since the format of the show is loosely MOTW.
>>
File: image_2022-01-11_215044.png (1.14 MB, 1000x1407)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>20544334
What the fuck goes on in that game?
I've seen some gameplay and basically looks like ZoE with RahXephon but then it adds a bunch of ending and quasi visual novel elements where you talk and interact with the characters and then in one there is a black RahXephon like in the manga? What the hell, i thought that was supposed to be trashy shovelware made to promote the show.
>>
>>20544323
>this post
epic
>>
>>20543137
its been forever since i watched it
i actually saw the dubbed movie first on anime network on demand, and didn't watch the series till some time later
it was good and i still listen to the soundtrack sometimes
The Second Sorrow still makes me tear up if i think about it
>>
Anyone read the Novels? I'm curious about them and thought of picking them up.
>>
I wish they’d released the fight version of Tune the Rainbow that played in the last episodes
>>
>>20543223
Movie and TV have completely different continuities and backgrounds and backstories, you clearly didn't understand the story at all.
>>
>>20544376
you're a retard, the game was supervised by the show's staff and filled with unused ideas and alternate endings for the show that are still considered canon, the ""black rahxephon"" belxephon is kuon's rahxephon before transforming into tuning form which was in the show's lore to begin with

if you're too much of a brainlet to understand rahxephon maybe you should stay out of rahxephon threads
>>
>>20544206
>Ayato is a cupboard cutout.
You mean, cardboard, right, autist?
>He doesn't have even a tenth of personality
I beg to differ, he's got adequate personality.
>Shinji has
Shinji is a crybaby loser meant to act as a self-insert for autistic INxP "Just" whiner-losers like yourself.
>Shinji ended the show by finally growing up and becoming a real human being.
I would say "not really" but considering the only "real human beings" shown at the end of EoE is him and Asuka, there's not much to contrast again.
Oh, wait, Asuka is more of a real human being than he is.
>Ayato abandoned the world, humanity and fucked off.
Only in the TV show.
>We can see which one is better.
Hemisphere > A Cruel Angel's Thesis By fiat of Maaya Sakamoto
One is patrician taste, the other is an ironic meme.
>>20544613
Some fine details here and there, plot condensement, etc., does not constitute "completely different continuities and backgrounds and backstories", anon.
>>
>>20544376
A lot of the mid 2000s tie in games had stuff fleshed out to some degree. iirc, Mars Daybreak's game, RahXephon aqnd Aquarion had various additional stuff.
>>
>>20543137
It's a SOUL kino for a eva clone
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.23 MB, 237x240)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB GIF
>>20544700
>SOUL
>kino
>>
>>20544687
Mars Daybreak is an anime based on the Kenran Butousai game IP rather than vice versa.

Like AlfaSystem's progression was Gunparade March being an after the fact adaption which annoyed people because they had to streamline the shit out of it, to Gunparade Orchestra airing ahead of the game so the anime wouldn't be a downgrade, to Mars Daybreak being a spinoff airing ahead of time to just build awareness of the IP without having to compare them at all.
>>
>>20543137
>its not a so called "Eva clone"
So you didn't understand it then.
>>
>>20543282
>b-but Evangelion is a masterpiece! 2deep4u Anno kino!
>Anno says all the crosses and kabbalas is becauseitlookscool.jpg
>nooooo my ebin symbolismerino
Every time
>>
>not an eva clone
There are shot for shot recreations of things like the telephone booth.
>>
File: file.png (317 KB, 824x322)
317 KB
317 KB PNG
this retarded website has ruined rahxehpon discussion forever
>>
>>20544838
My pubes are squiggly lines lol
>>
>>20544841
is that an evangelion reference??
>>
>>20544841We need to interview your pubes, they might have the answers.
>>
File: rahxasahina5.jpg (207 KB, 500x500)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>
>>20544334
>able to play
Emulate
>and understand
Pause the game and use online OCR, maybe use the opportunity to learn Japanese
>>
>>20545085
>and use online OCR
Maybe additionally looking for guides or translations would help, too
>>
>>20544659
>Shinji is a crybaby loser meant to act as a self-insert for autistic INxP "Just" whiner-losers like yourself.
Try actually watching show first.
>>
File: RahXephon Vermillion.jpg (703 KB, 1794x2277)
703 KB
703 KB JPG
>>20544337
>>20544345
yeah but it was epic
>>20544384
fr
>>20544376
>>20544619
that's cool, I wish I could play it
>>20545352
>>Shinji is a crybaby loser meant to act as a self-insert for autistic INxP "Just" whiner-losers like yourself.
that's completely correct though
the whole show is about how Shinji feels
are you going to deny that?
>>
>>20543137
the romance between ayato and Haruka feel completely forced
>oh you know, there is someone who has always been next to you
>Oh you're right. Haruka I love you now I guess

Okay that the point of the show was to show that love exists beyond the memory barrier ... but it feels so casual. Its message (like the cast) is so weak that makes the whole series forgettable (unlike Eva)
>>
>>20545352
>autistic INxP "Just" whiner-losers like yourself.
I see a high level of projection here
>>
File: download.gif (327 KB, 500x200)
327 KB
327 KB GIF
>>20545352
>Lame deflection asserting one hasn't watched the show because they come to different conclusions about the MC.
Anon, I've watched the Evangelion TV series, original movies, as well as the Rebuild cash cows. Only time Shinji ever did anything that piqued my interest and made me like him was in 2.0 when he saved Rei by force of will. Else he's basically of a walking example of "if my little brother was an anime character".
>>20545412
>I see a high level of projection here
Cope, that hit a little too close to home, didn't it?
And for the record, no, its not projection; I'm some weird blend of Gendo/Fuyutsuki/Akagi.
>>
I remember seeing a website back in the days of Eva Monkey that did a side-by-side comparison of shots between Eva and RaXephon. I can't find it though
>>
>>20546040
Evaxephon.com?
>>
>>20545473
>I'm some weird blend of a cringe neurotic retard
fixed
>>
>>20546655
>ad hominem
doesn't refute his points
>>
>>20543137
It's a raideen clone
>>
A
Y
A
T
O
>>
>>20543137
>The only thing i can say for sure is that its not a so called "Eva clone".
Everything was a fucking Eva clone back then. Any time a robot show got at least a small bit heady or artsy fartsy or heavy drama retard western anime critics would call it an eva clone because "all robot shows are like power rangers and shit."
>>
>evafags is a mistake

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.