[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 95 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FFHC4P_aQAAB5_9.jpg (959 KB, 1816x2048)
959 KB
959 KB JPG
A thread for the Gundam of our Generation, the Xi Gundam.
>>
>>
he's fat
>>
File: E3uz9HtVcAULL6G.jpg (843 KB, 1122x1200)
843 KB
843 KB JPG
>>
File: Gundam Xi1.gif (174 KB, 497x695)
174 KB
174 KB GIF
>>20543110
no he isn't
>>
>>20543106
>our generation

Of those us born in 1990? Why not.
>>
>>20543106
I thought of getting a high grade, but HF was such a horrendous movie that I refuse to buy kits from it. I'd rather buy a Tristan Gundam kit and Twilight Axis was pretty bad.
>>
>>20543154
Shit taste or shit bait
>>
>>20543197
Neither.
>>
File: Gundam Xi Vs Penelope1.jpg (560 KB, 2074x1296)
560 KB
560 KB JPG
>>20543197
>>20543203
both probably
>>
>>20543206
If I think it's true then it is true.
>>
File: Gundam Xi2.jpg (115 KB, 800x960)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>20543212
wrong
>>
>>20543212
Well at least you admit to your shit taste.
>>
File: E1A6m4NVcAATeKn.jpg (788 KB, 3140x4096)
788 KB
788 KB JPG
>>
>>20543154
My college anime club watched Gundam F91 and Hathaway right after it, and most of them preferred Hathaway.
>>
>>20543392

any reasons given as to why?
>>
File: Gundam Xi Vs Penelope.jpg (1.33 MB, 4063x2864)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>20543534
not him but probably because Hathaway was a better put together movie over all?
I'm not going to be the guy who says "F91 has pacing issues" (it doesn't), but it is the lesser work of cinema between the two; Hathaway has better cinematography (or visual direction in general), and better writing, despite F91's superior animation and art
plus, Hathaway has much more appeal to normies due to the fact that most of it isn't mecha combat.
>>
>>20543114
>>20543114
Xi is one of the few MS that looks way better in SD.
>>
File: 1613246300324.jpg (299 KB, 1200x1200)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
So what makes the Xi so special, anyway? Is it just that it's able to fly/hover under its own power without some kind of complex flight rig like the Penelope or an excessive thruster setup?
>>
>>20543644
>Is it just that it's able to fly/hover under its own power without some kind of complex flight rig like the Penelope or an excessive thruster setup?
Yeah, and it's faster than having a suit transform too plus it has funnel missiles.
>>
>>20543644
Isn't it the first Gundam to have a reactor similar or the same as a ship like the Argama or white base?
Let me know if this isn't the case and if it isn't what are the innovations?
>>20543650
>funnel missiles
This is pretty cool, what is the benefit over beam funnels? Would a beam be better than an explosion?
>>
>>20543547
Fancy CGI backgrounds don't make something have good visual direction.
>>
>>20543656
Not reactor but the minovsky craft system. It's not the the first MS to have it either. The Psycho Gundams had one but they can only hover and fly with raw thrust, like a blimp with rockets The minovsky flight system Xi and and Penelope have is an improved version that adds a weak I field barrier around the suit to form an aerodynamic field around the MS so it can behave like an aircraft
>>
>>20543679
>adds a weak I field barrier around the suit to form an aerodynamic field around the MS so it can behave like an aircraft
Right, makes sense.
>>
>>20543679
I can't imagine how many Gs a pilot would pull in either Penelope or Xi. It's probably dampened by Minovsky bullshit as well.
>>
>>20543669
Is that what I said you fucking retard? Did I say the visual direction was good because of the backgrounds?
Get a clue you stupid fuck
>>
>>20543547
>"F91 has pacing issues" (it doesn't)
I'll risk being a brainlet if it means I have to ask for an explanation. How is the massive cut after Seabook's first battle acceptable?
>>
>>20543656
Funnel missiles work in atmosphere. Regular funnels shouldn't.
>>
File: E3v-gLBVgAEvDNO.jpg (1.29 MB, 1719x1346)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
The beginning of Hathaway is slow, but you gotta admit the last 30 minutes is pretty sweet.
>>
>>20543943

Hathaway is a spineless wimp despite somehow being the head of his very own terrorist organization, a group that spends the entire film negging him unless he finally caves. The movie gives you no clue of what he stands for or why he bothers doing this.

It was pretty. The city fight was beautiful, and showed the horror of being an on-foot civilian amid mech war very well. The brief CCA flashback was cute. Other than that? Hathaway sucked ass as a film, and was basically a glorified commercial for another movie we won’t see for years.

F91 is a shitshow, but at least it’s a fun watch, with coherent motivations and stakes.
>>
File: 1632849110918.jpg (1.38 MB, 1280x720)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
>be Anaheim Electronics
>sell an advanced experimental prototype Minovsky flight-capable Gundam to the Feddies to help them strike back against a suspiciously well-organized and equipped terrorist organization
>turn around and sell the more advanced, completed Minovsky flight-capable and funnel missile-equipped Gundam to that exact same terrorist organization
>roll in profits
>>
>>20544049
Hathaway is just the figurehead of Mafty. Quack Salver is the true power behind Mafty.
>>
File: 1243555391929.jpg (582 KB, 1837x2435)
582 KB
582 KB JPG
>>20543900
Imagine being so fucking stupid you can't even understand when you're being called a tasteless idiot.
>>
File: 1636068266394.jpg (28 KB, 480x480)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>20543106
>Ξ Gundam
>Xi Gundam
>Xi G
>Gigi
SASUGA TOMINO SENSEI
>>
>>20543943
No, partially because I could barely see what was happening in screen.
>>
>>20543911
tell me why it's wrong or not allowed for some reason? What hard-and-fast rule does it break? If it does break a rule, what's wrong with it breaking that rule?
I find the cut to be perfectly fine.
>>20544049
>Hathaway is a spineless wimp despite somehow being the head
him APPEARING to be the head is just convenience for Mafty, if he gets caught the most they lose is a kinda good pilot. This is a constant plot point through the whole movie, did u actually watch it? Do you not remember Gauman's line "yeah, Hathaway is Mafty :^)" Do you not remember Hathaway himself saying Mafty isn't just one person?
>The movie gives you no clue of what he stands for or why he bothers doing this.
so you didn't watch the movie or you're just lying. If you're lying, why?
>>20544116
That's not what you said; if that was what you intended to say, you should have been more upfront instead of acting like a passive aggressive faggot.
>>
>>20544237
I just find the cut incredibly jarring, like I'd blinked and missed another 20 minutes of movie. He's fighting off the CV, and then suddenly he's back at Frontier IV again? Even a line of text on screen with "The next day" or something clunky like that would've helped tape over it. Just to be clear, other than that, I love the movie and just about everything before and after that cut works very well for me.
>>
>>20543106
Ugly as fuck.

Unicorn >>>>>>> This crap.
>>
>>20544283
yeah, I won't deny that the film could use work, but pacing isn't the issue. It should have been much longer; a 3-hour war epic would be quite fitting for Gundam if you ask me
>>20544309
epic troll is epic
>>
File: IMG_20210802_161120.jpg (1.16 MB, 4000x3000)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
>>20543106
I like how Big and chunky this bastard is
Look at that unicorn manlet in comparison
>>
>>20544049
>The movie gives you no clue of what he stands for or why he bothers doing this.
The taxi cab scene does this.
Also HF1 isn't even meant to be a standalone film, its the first in a trilogy.
However calling HF a trilogy is also very misleading because it's not 3 stories, it's one story split up into 3 parts.
So it's more accurate to look at HF like ACT1 of a 3 act story, or episode 1 of a 3 episode story.
You're not gonna get all of a character in a single episode.
>>
>>20544367
>The taxi cab scene does this.
if anything that scene just makes his even more indecisive:
>hurr durr why don't you all go to space
>kid everyone has to worry about their actual lives, work, family, etc. You must have lots of fucking free time to even think that shit

movie was pretty but that's it, the characters were bland as hell
>>
>>20544373
He's not indecisive in that scene though, he knows exactly what he's trying to do and he's set on it enough to endanger civilians and go against the EF.
The problem is that he's only thinking long term instead of what people need or can do now.
That's the whole point of that scene. The director's also said he plans to go more in depth on Hathaway in the second part.
>>
Unicorn can beat this thing easily
>>
>>20544365
And I thought the Unicorn was supposed to be big. Xi is absolutely gigantic.
>>
This is a good thread.
>>
It looks pretty good, though it’s a shame there’s no proper MG yet. There’s the mechanicore 1/100 version, which is more akin to the PG unleashed in terms of complexity and detail than any regular MG. It certainly costs a pretty penny, but with the photo etchings and LEDs combined with the sheer size, I would certainly get a bang for my buck. The fiting issues can probably be remedied with some modifications.
>>
>>20543116
wish we git this instead tbqh. At least this one looks like it doesn't have any trouble grabbing the beam sabers at the backpack
>>
File: xis.jpg (989 KB, 1429x1072)
989 KB
989 KB JPG
>the proportions of the movie version
>what went wrong?
>>
>>20544602
Left looks like shit.
>>
>>20544602
The only thing that went wrong was G Generation using a shitty redesign instead of the original, now fags like you pretend the G Gen version is the original.
>>
>>20544602
Both look AWFUL
Where's the original mint green Xi?
>>
File: 10d8c9e1.jpg (123 KB, 1050x1050)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>20544650
>Where's the original mint green Xi?
???!!!?!??????
>>
>>20544391
Banagher in the Unicorn could beat anything BUT could Lane Aim in the Unicorn beat Mafty in the Xi?
Could the Xi use a beam magnum, are the limbs sturdy enough?
>>
>>20544602
The movie proportions look way better.
The left version is too standard, and it doesn't suit the design well.
>>
File: Rx-105.jpg (358 KB, 1058x1522)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
>not posting the correct original SOUL kino Xi Gundam
What a soulless board! I thought this was the home of mecha?
>>
>>20544691
This. Reddit /r/Gundam is better for mecha discussion than here
>>
>>20544691
go back to /v/
>>
>>20543106
>Xi Gundam
Don't you mean Omicron Gundam?
>>
>>20544735
Lol
>>
Someone explain the weapon's loadout. Bonus points if you can do it for the old version and the now anime version.
>>
>>20544065
Where did Mafty get the money to buy the Xi anyways? Are they backed by Jovians or something?
>>
>>20544794
Quack Salver, who is a high-ranking EFF general, along with some Zeon/Char sympathizers in the colonies.
>>
>>20544049
I had a very hard time explaining to a normie friend that the reason the entire movie was happening was because a minor character from an 80's kids cartoon was angsty about a childhood crush.

You can't just have a story where the protag has such a weird, subjective motivation and then do such a terrible job illustrating said motivation.
>>
>>20544373
I interpreted that scene a bit differently. The cab driver says something about having the luxury to think about that stuff, and Hathaway replies "luxury?!" in a slightly insulted tone. I believe Hathaway sees that "luxury" as his "responsibility" and was angry because the cab driver was unknowingly trivializing his goals.

I could totally be wrong though. Unlike most of the viewerbase, I won't pretend to fully understand everything in Hathaway.
>>
>>20544772
It's powered by keese.
>>
File: Gundam Nu Ksi.jpg (290 KB, 1430x1788)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
>>20544602
>>20544691
>IT HAS TO HAVE LE GENERIC GUNDAMFACE OTHERWISE I WILL CRY!!!
lol
>>20544431
>>20545589
both idiots
>>
File: 20220112_120943.jpg (1.73 MB, 3156x1707)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>20544439
One of these days...
>>
>>20543106
How am I supposed to pronounce "Xi"?
>>
>>20544691
Gotta agree, this looks a lot better than the other versions of the design.
>>
Hathaway was a useless pilot in Super Robot Wars V so I took the Xi Gundam away from him and gave it to Roux. No regrets
>>
>>20545606
>both idiots
Where am I wrong? Not asking in bad faith by the way, I legitimately want to understand this story better.
>>
>>20545618
I've always pronounced it "she", which I think sounds a lot better than "Kasee" or however the fuck you're supposed to pronounce the greek letter.
>>
>>20545618
chi, not super accurate but you sound less weird
>>
>>20545618
I pronounce it as "Hathaway's Gundam"
>>
>>20543547
Hathaway has F91 beat with regards to character animation, and I'd argue it has more appealing character designs too.
>>
>>20543547
>Hathaway has better cinematography (or visual direction in general), and better writing
That's not even incorrect, that's just anti-correct. Flash was too dark to see most of the time and had sluggish pacing. Is your anime club composed mostly of fans of crime movies? If yes that would explain the appeal.
>>
>>20545618
Like zai.
But with like a k sound kinda mashed in, but not a hard clicking k.
>>
>>20545638
>Flash was too dark to see most of the time
Get a better monitor.
>>
>>20545646
It's not the monitor, something was wrong with the picture quality. Try posting screenshots of Xi Gundam from the movie.
>>
>>20545661
There's nothing wrong with it, the staff intentionally wanted a more photorealistic aesthetic. It worked in favour of obscuring the CG models anyway, and even helped sneak in 2D mecha scenes without many noticing the difference.
>>
File: mpv-shot0158.jpg (178 KB, 1920x1080)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>20545625
>the entire movie was happening was because a minor character from an 80's kids cartoon was angsty about a childhood crush.
this is partially true at best
Hathaway's objectives exist both because Amuro was unable to accomplish his own due to Char's interference, and because Char was too extreme, but at least partially correct (outwardly; inwardly Char's motivation was entirely different).
Hathaway's fixation on Quess is because she is the embodiment of a victim of power. If you ask me, his objectives and his fixation on Quess are tied together, BUT it would be wrong to say Quess herself is in any way his cause. He genuinely believes in Mafty's ideals.
If you want my interpretation of the scene after Mafty's attack on Davau (in order to explain my reasoning to you), when Gigi runs to Kenneth, and Hathaway sees Quess running to Char, it's because he's remembering someone innocent and young being taken from him (ideologically or emotionally) by someone powerful (Kenneth). The psychosexual irony (which Tomino REALLY loves to put in his work) is that Gigi is a literal prostitute and not innocent at all; Hathaway is deceived by his own delusions, the SAME way that Quess became victim to her own delusions when Char indoctrinated her.
When he sees Quess running to Char, I find it less him flashing back to Quess's life, but rather a premonition of his own fate. Is a young man like Hathaway riding to war in the Ksi very different from Quess being sent out in the Azieru? That's why he saw Amuro's ghost before he launched in the Ksi.
and I don't mean to say you're an idiot if you're in good faith; I just mean to say that claiming Hathaway is acting all because of a "childhood crush" is just not a an accurate explanation of his motives
>>
>>20545695
>Hathaway's fixation on Quess is because she is the embodiment of a victim of power.
This puts things into context for me. I hadn't considered that he was valuing her as more of a symbol than an individual.
>when Gigi runs to Kenneth, and Hathaway sees Quess running to Char, it's because he's remembering someone innocent and young being taken from him (ideologically or emotionally) by someone powerful (Kenneth).
This makes sense. I think I'll watch the movie again today with this in mind. It's pretty obvious I missed some major points on my first viewing.
>>
>>20544065
How has the Earth Federation not shut down Aneheim at some point given that they've been happily selling their wares to anyone with cash? It's like Lockheed Martin selling F35s to Iran and China.
>>
To be honest, I'm expecting a P-Bandai HGUC of the G Gen Xi Gundam... that said, if you don't want to pay out the ass, the movie Xi is still a decent kit, most usually would Repaint the thing into a color scheme closer to the G Gen version
>>
>>20545712
In the case of Hathaway, this is why he had to collect Xi in such a convoluted way. Anaheim wanted to keep their hands clean so they basically told him "look, we'll leave the thing floating at the edge of the atmosphere, the rest is up to you"
>>
>>20545712
Anaheim basically controls the Mobile Suit industry, and the Moon likely is neutral turf, so the EFF can't get ahold of them is my understanding
>>
File: Gundam Hathaway Collage2.png (3.91 MB, 2761x1548)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB PNG
>>20545638
I'm not the dude in the anime club; can you read? I sure hope you can't, because if you can that would mean you're intentionally misrepresenting my post.
>Flash was too dark to see most of the time and had sluggish pacing
neither of these are actual criticisms.
"it was too dark" - turn up your brightness or get a better monitor/tv; low-key lighting is not inherently bad just because your setup is bad
"sluggish pacing" - aka "I could not pay attention, because of my tastes or merely because of my poor attention-span" therefor also not my problem, and not an actual criticism
It took me a sec to reply to your post because my response to the other anon was too lengthy to fit in my response to you, and also because I made this collage, mostly for myself to post in the future (I'll make a better one), but also to prove you wrong about "muh hathaway too dark for me to see :(" non-criticism. I picked the darkest scenes I could find, btw
Do you have ANY idea what low-key lighting is?
Perhaps you would have enjoyed it more if they set up studio lights all over each location in this animated film?
If these screencaps are too dark for you then get a new monitor or tv
it's nobody's problem except yours
>>20545637
Yeah, the designs in Hathaway are all around quite incredible.
>>20545708
It's not a big deal
a lot of discourse on here is polluted by typical internet-reductivism-for-comedy's-sake (think of how many times "newtype autism" has been parroted on here despite the total inaccuracy of the term)
there's no rush either since we have two more movies (or parts)
>>
Is it true that there will only be 1 fight scene across the next two movies?
>>
>>20545731
>neither of these are actual criticisms.
Except yes they are,
>"it was too dark" - turn up your brightness or get a better monitor/tv; low-key lighting is not inherently bad just because your setup is bad
The monitor was not the problem, the picture quality was bad.
>"sluggish pacing" - aka "I could not pay attention, because of my tastes or merely because of my poor attention-span" therefor also not my problem, and not an actual criticism
Oh, you're a troll, that makes sense.
>Do you have ANY idea what low-key lighting is?
Garbage.
>>
File: mpv-shot0096.jpg (221 KB, 1280x960)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>20545741
>it IS a criticism because it just IS okay!!!!
>y-you're just trolling!!!
try watching an actual movie sometime
you'd go nuts, lmao
>>
>>20545748
I did watch the movie, it was very badly made, probably one of the worst mecha movies ever made and certainly the worst gundam movie even surpassing G-Savior.
>>
>>20545683
What would mask the CG models would be knowing how the fuck to use the camera, move them, or actually light them properly from anything but beam rifle flashes.
>>
>>20545750
Being a contrarian doesn't make you an interesting person.
>>
>>20545750
Yeah no, may not be the best thing ever... but you sound like you expect Michael Bay tier explosions everywhere for a movie to be good
>>
File: mpv-shot0212.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
>>20545750
oh! this the routine where you claim someone else is trolling in order to act like a trolling clown yourself, right?
Got it
>>20545753
Are you pretending the camerawork, choreography, or lighting in Hathaway were bad?
It's likely because you're used to a lot of anime using high-key lighting. All colors are bright and all scenes brightly-lit for no good reason; though, there's nothing quite wrong with that in an animated feature. Conversely, there's nothing wrong with making things realistically lit; there are no cameras, no sources of light of any kind, unless the director willingly has them put in, because it's animated! Therefor they can create as accurate a depiction of a battle at night, over and within a city, as they please.
Perchance, did that realism frustrate you? The CG is less noticeable in Hathaway than it is in something like Majestic Prince (from a studio that purportedly does some of the best CGI in the industry)
>>20545757
Michael Bay has a proven track record with mecha combat, he wouldn't have been a bad choice.
>>
>>20545762
That shot looks like shit. TV quality 2D effects and Xi looks an intern did the bare minimum to take it out of T-posing without even doing anything with the FoV or camera distance to try to make it not look stupid. Literally may as well be some fag's crappy picture of his terribly posed Gunpla.

By the way you see that big fucking burning thing that's casting light on the background elements all the way up into the sky but is having zero effect on that dorky ass Messer, you blind retard? Making everything grey and pretending light only goes 1m isn't photorealism and you aren't 1% as smart as your faulty ego tells you.
>>
File: mpv-shot0325.jpg (486 KB, 1920x1080)
486 KB
486 KB JPG
>>20545781
all your criticisms of the lighting are either "me angry" or just incorrect, lmao
>>
>>20544735
Omnicron is not an alternative form of Num but rather the latter that comes after it and Xi. They skipped them because using “Nu” would lead to confusion, and “Xi” because it’s a common name in some places and the WHO wouldn’t want to harm anybody’s feelings. I’m actually somewhat tempted to get some kits of each respective variants (delta, alpha, etc) and paint them with the Covid symbols. Could be interesting.
>>
>>20544049
>Hathaway sucked ass as a film
Untrue its a fine film just a little slow but thats because...
>and was basically a glorified commercial for another movie we won’t see for years.
Partly true and my biggest problem with it. At max it should have been two movies and at best it should have been one. Theres a reason CCA is only one movie that picks up at the last half of a bigger story because people only care about the end of the story. Average folks are going to be very "Thats it?" when we get to the finale in seven years just to watch Hathaway job to a net and get executed by a firing squad while being laughed at by his dead crush. Gonna give me a big laugh though so I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>20545739
Part 2 might have 2 (or even 3) fight scenes, and Part 3 as a whole is basically just a long ass fight scene divided into two waves. I wish they include more units in Part 3 but they seem to deliberately avoid using Unicorn units like the Loto and the Ankhsha.
>>
>>20546264
seeing the version of the Gustav that doesn't suck would be way better
>>
>>20546272
>he doesn't like Big Jim with the half-V

CMON
KEEL MEEEE
AHAHAHAH
BEEG JEEM
>>
>>20546272
They'd still have to write it to not suck, and so far it's gotten pinned down in Unicorn by a surprise grab from above, and shot down effortlessly by decade old machines in Narrative.
>>
>>20546286
Gustavs in HF doesn't have the half-V anymore.
>>
>>20546289
>Caring about what happens in shitty fanfics
LMAO!!
>>
File: Gundam Black Messer.jpg (272 KB, 2048x1992)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>20546286
big karl is just eh but if one of them does a surprise armor purge ala Jegan Vs Kshatriya and ends up looking like regular karl that would be pretty cool
>>20546289
idc about the performance in Unicorn and Narrative (all the UC OVAs are basically self-contained and non-consequential); in Hathaway they seem like perfectly good machines despite their retarded appearance
the Messer got a much better redesign
>>
>>20546311
It's the only depiction so far. You're free to write ones where it kicks ass, since those don't exist yet.
>>
>>20546324
>Unicorn and Narrative are the only depictions of the Gustav Karl so far
>>
>>20546345
Yes, and you'd be wrong to bring up HF.
>>
>>20546348
What a strange shitpost to make.
>>
I fucking love the Messer
>>
Have there been any changes in the movie's story compared to the novel?
>>
>>20544858
>Quack Salver
Huh, weird name, but not that outright horrendous compared to certain more infamous ones.
>>
>>20544365
It really shows how gigantic mobile suits have become circa U.C 105; even the standard grunts (Messers & Gustav Karls) were bulky as hell. No wonder why miniaturization was necessary.
>>
>>20546923
Story-wise, they cut some parts out for better pacing, and this movie follows CCA instead of BC so details regarding Quess' death are different. Other than that, everything else is pretty faithful to the novel.

The director and the producer however, told us to expect some changes and additions in Movie 2 (Tomino apparently advised them to do so)
>>
File: Penelope.png (417 KB, 725x407)
417 KB
417 KB PNG
>>20545753
I don't even know whey they made it so dark just to mask the CGI. It looks fine in daylight scenes such as the Gaplant one and this unused Penelope shot
>>
>>20547175
Fits the opproesive manhunter theme having these dominating mobile suits.
>>
>>20547371
Why did the federation get a shittier mobile suit compared to the Xi?
Funds being spent on too many fancy dinners and outfitting suits with machine guns?
Obviously Anaheim want the feddies to have competition?
>>
>>20547468
Penelope is an earlier prototype. The Xi is the finished result of the project, so to speak.
>>
>>20547471
Why not have a guarentee in the contract that you'll obviously pay more upfront but you recieve exclusive rights to all mobile suits based on the prototype recieved seeing as your data is going to creating better suits?
>>
>>20547476
Speaking of which if Anaheim break contract is there even a legal process in UC 105?
Any court drama UC manga?
>>
>>20547491
>>20547476
>>20547471

Does Anaheim have its own army? Why doesn't the Federation just take them over?
>>
>>20547503
Come on this one is obvious.
Anaheim makes the suits the feds use. If Anaheim get wind of a hostile takeover they will have spacenoids start a war with the federation.
Anaheim supply spacenoids with counter tech to what they supplied the Feds.
Finally it's probably not in the top brass best interest as they are likely to be on the board of directors for Anaheim.
>>
>>20547520
Anaheim is like any other arms manufacturer. They sell to both sides because at the end of the day all they care about is profit and war is good for business. It's not like most factions have anywhere else to turn anyway. AE is a straight up megacorp by the end of the OYW, having absorbed Zeon's in-house manufacturers. It wasn't until the Feddies established SNRI that AE's grip weakened.
>>
File: mpv-shot0152.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>20547371
the more I see from Murase the less I think that he used darkness to mask the CGI and the more I begin to see that he just likes gloomy/dark scenes
>>
File: E4uUWtJVEAEXIiO.jpg (501 KB, 2294x3441)
501 KB
501 KB JPG
>>20543595
I wouldnt say it looks way better but I do think it translates to SD style better than most other gundams
>>
File: 1642102430920.jpg (177 KB, 1258x1500)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>20547810
It helps that it already has this bulky, chunky frame, so it's a lot easier to shrink down without looking weird.
>>
File: 9k=.jpg (34 KB, 1024x768)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>20547371
Because it's not, the director's style just hasn't changed in 20 years besides being able to use even more CGI backgrounds.
>>
>>20546923
They left out a couple of things that I think should have been there. For example the boatman actually had a conversation with Hathaway offering yet another view od the crowd. Unlike the store owner and the taxi driver or the people Hathaway overheard calling them terrorist, his view was that he thinks he can understand the need to move to space and how the EF thought of spacenoids as the unwashed mass. But he also thought that spacenoid thinking living on earth is some sort of privilege were silly because they ended up having to work for the EF and became jaded ans burned out just to stay on Earth. I thought they would have highlighted this scene because it was in the first trailer.
They should also have shown the firefight between the Manhunters and the illegal settlers (what the jegan turret should have been shooting at, in the novel it was an APC) to show there was the other side that fed into the cycle of escalating violence
>>
>>20545606
No faggot, people like non-standard gundam faces. See how many people like shit like the fucking GP02 and MK-V and a bunch of the fucking hazel variants? Oh no that would contradict your autistic fucking narrative. Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
I don't understand why they unfucked Xi to be a mix of the Moriki designs leaning towards the novel version but saddled us with the dogshit Katoki Penelope.
>>
>>20548321
Probably because the base suit is going to actually have the other set in part 3 of the movies
>>
>>20547172
It's a codename.
>>
>>20544697
keep yourself safe senpai
>>
>>20543679
Basically it was a prototype for what would ultimately be perfected on the Victory and V2?
>>
The Xi has such a cute face. Weird they gave such a monstrous suit large eyes
>>
>>20548321
Probably for contrast
>>
>>20543106
My only gripe with the new Xi is that I wish there was a little more of any color to break up the mass of white.
>>
>>20547371
>unused Penelope shot
It looked more like CG transitioning to 2D really quickly when the Penelope gets close to the camera. In your image, you can see the smear marks on the top right.
>>
>>
Where is the beam cannon on the shield specifically? And where are the Vulcans? I heard they're covered up.
>>
looks like shit ngl
i like the hf movie but the ms is just not to my taste
>>
>>20548586
They're saving that for the sequel so they can sell another kit. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a couple of upgrades and is repainted to resemble the old design by the end.
>>
File: xi gundam 5945_p0.jpg (2.5 MB, 7252x4540)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
>>
File: aaaec48d.jpg (160 KB, 620x585)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>
File: 10615312_p0.jpg (481 KB, 1653x1147)
481 KB
481 KB JPG
>>20548586
This + I really hate the extra v fins they gave it on it's chest.
>>
>>20548304
hey
when did I say "people"? Huh? When did I say that? Can you quote me? I was talking only to those two imbeciles (though there are many more I'm sure) who think a Gundam is better if it looks more generic.
though your post itself is fallacious, since you put forward this argument, I figure I might as well refute it
>https://www.nhk.or.jp/anime/gundam/ranking/
9 out of the 12 Gundams in the top 20 mobile suits have generic Gundamface
and why so angry? lol
>>20548321
because Katoki is the enemy of unique designs irl so they made it poetic
>>
>>
>>20549528
If they didn't change its appearance by the end of the 2nd movie, then it's unlikely we're gonna get another Xi variant at all.
>>
>>20543595
I hate how true this is
>>
>>20544309
Monkey zaku > both of those horrid pieces of shit
>>
Does anybody have that picture of Various suits with Barzam heads painte in Titans colors? I remember a lot of people thought that it paired surprisingly well with the Xi.
>>
>>20544365
>Xi'd
>>
File: based katoki.png (2.04 MB, 1400x1304)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
>>20544602
Fuck the H8RZ, they should have kept the Katoki version on the left for the movie
HARRO, U RIKE RONGS REGS?
>>
>>20544602
Who is the original designer for the Xi Gundam and Penelope? The Gundam wiki seems to be incomplete with that information.
>>
File: D6Ul5SFU8AA7njG.jpg (307 KB, 1280x813)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>20550915
All the novel designs and the G-Gen Xi and Penelope are Yasuhiro Moriki.
>>
>>20543123
>he thinks 1990 is "young"
>>
File: Scott-Steiner.jpg (38 KB, 642x362)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>20543110
YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL MS ARE CREATED EQUAL,
BUT YOU LOOK AT XI AND LOOK AT PENELOPE AND SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE!
SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1-ON-1 WITH ANOTHER MS YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING,
BUT XI'S A GENETIC FREAK AND IT'S NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 25% CHANCE AT BEST AT BEAT XI!
BUT THEN YOU ADD PSYCHO DOGA INTO THE MIX, YOU THE CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN!
SEE THE 3-WAY AT MURRUMBIDGEE YOU GOT A 33 AND A ⅓ CHANCE OF WINNING,
BUT I, I GOT A 66 ⅔ CHANCE OF WINNING CAUSE PSYCHO DOGA KNOWS HE CAN'T BEAT ME AND HE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY!
SO PENELOPE YOU TAKE YOUR 33 ⅓ CHANCE MINUS MY 25% CHANCE AND YOU GOT 8 ⅓ CHANCE OF WINNING AT MURRUMBIDGEE!
BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 75% CHANCE OF WINNING IF WE WAS TO GO 1-ON-1 AND THEN ADD 66 ⅔ PER CENTS...
I GOT A 141 ⅔% CHANCE OF WINNING AT MURRUMBIDGEE!
PENELOPE? THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT MURRUMBIDGEE!
>>
>>20545606
Misrepresenting your opposition only makes (You) look bad bitch
>>
>>20550919
There really is no way of making the Penelope look good, is there? Ugliest Gundam ever.
>>
>>20551025
>Ugliest Gundam ever.
You say this when Re:Rise introduced its titular Gundam which more or less wore clown pants.
>>
>>20550957
kek
>>
>>20550957
there's never enough Steiner Math dropped on /m/
>>
File: E2OBthJVIAQ-yYf.jpg (1.59 MB, 3430x1660)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
>>20551025
>Ugliest Gundam ever.
No such thing, all Gundams are beautiful

Unless they're from AoZ or Blunderbolt. Those are complete dogshit.
>>
>>20551104
The Penelope is a Gundam with a duck strapped to its back. NO one in their right mind would call that beautiful. Even the Xi isn't exactly a looker.
>>
Movie Xi is absolutely hideous, but the way it moves like an aircraft and yips and yaws and whirs and plinks is enough to make you fall in love with mecha again.
>>
>>20544858
How in blazes does government pension pay for, like, 26 all-range pocket silo fed psycommu equipped brain controlled warheads? A single funnel missile has got to cost as much as a small mobile suit.
>>
>>20551477
spacenoid labor
>>
>>20551405
The thing that stops me from really liking the Penelope is that it has too much shit hanging off of it. I know if I had a figure or model of the thing I'd probably pose it once and never touch it again because it looks like it would be an exercise in frustration. The Xi at least condenses all of its flaps and shit.
>>
File: 65701981_p0.png (2.71 MB, 2500x2242)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB PNG
>>
>>
>>20551477
AE being AE of course.
>>
>>20543106
>>Tons of... missiles.
>>Muh Minovsky Flight System.
>>Total clusterfuck design.
>>Pilot is a brat trying to be Amuro and Char at the same time.
2/10
>>
>>20544602
It should of looked like the g-system
>>
>>20553615
I will never understand the appeal of bayformer aesthetics.
>>
>>20553625
>>20553360
>Xi causing all this anger because it doesn't look normie enough
truly the gundam for our generation
>>
>>20553625
I will never understand bayformer schizos that think anything with panel lines is a bayformer. Get a fucking grip
>>
>>20548586
Opposite for me, the all-white makes the bulk look more proportional, with the blue chest the shoulders end up standing out and looking stupidly big.
>>
>>20553615

I always wanted to try my hand at a G-system Resin kit. Are they durable or more sensitive than regular Gunpla?
>>
>>20543109
Why bother with a Gundam that specializes in atmospheric flight when it won't be able to out-maneuver a fighter plane? Using mobile suits on earth tends to seem less efficient than conventional military hardware.
>>
>>20554032
>Why bother with a Gundam that specializes in atmospheric flight when it won't be able to out-maneuver a fighter plane?
It does outmaneuver fighter planes.

>Using mobile suits on earth tends to seem less efficient than conventional military hardware.
Gundams will always be more efficient and capable simply because the storytelling says so.
>>
>>20554045
>It does outmaneuver fighter planes.
For real? The Xi is massive, is it the minovsky reactor thing being the plot excuse for its capabilities?
>>
>>20554066
The only reason it's so big in the first place is because the Minovsky Flight system. Calling it a "plot excuse" in the feels odd, since the entire premise of mobile suits to begin with is built from "plot excuses".
>>
>>20554066
>The Xi is massive, is it the minovsky reactor thing being the plot excuse for its capabilities?
All MS have minovsky reactors. The point of the Xi and Penelope Gundams are that they have minovsky craft systems that give them pseudo-anti-gravity tech. That combined with some kind of bullshit energy barriers that can be manipulated in-flight to change its aerodynamics and act as control surfaces gives them high efficiency and high speed flight on par with jet fighters but with more flexibility. They also have psychically-controlled missiles that allow guided missile combat that was thought not possible anymore due to minovsky jamming. The Xi and Penelope aren't the first flying MS, but they're the first ones with range and speed to rival purpose built jets. Previous flying MS needed bigass propellant tanks or booster craft for ranges that still wouldn't replace dedicated jets.

Since it basically flies like a jet can and can carry a shitton more firepower and be more durable, it's expensive as fuck but basically outdoes any jet for any purpose. Except for being cheap and lobbing nuclear warheads, I guess. But remember, the point of Gundam is that mobile suits are written in the show to always be the focus and always be better than conventional military hardware. Combat jets engage mobile suits like retards and get shot down all the time because they have nothing better to do in the story.
>>
I love how the Xi looks. At least its different and not the same face gundam in parade colors
>>
>>20554104
>Combat jets engage mobile suits like retards and get shot down all the time
They don't though. The majority of appearances of airplanes in UC are core fighters and core fighter combinations and they rarely get shot down and often destroy mobile suits. The Dopp is a terrible plane and all of the old machinery at Jaburo fairs poorly whether it's aircraft or mobile suits.
>>
>>20554128
>not the same face gundam in parade colors
I HATE IT
NOT A GUNDAM
>>
>>20554128
Just because the Xi looks different doesn't mean its a good design. It's an overdesigned, oddly-proportioned mess.
>>
>>20545717
Why don't they just seize control of them? They can't fight back
>>
>>20554185
The majority of core fighters and boosters are piloted by named characters who can't get shot down except for plot purposes. If they really destroyed MS as often as they did, the Federation wouldn't have had as big a problem dealing with Zeon MS, considering they could probably pump out a dozen fighters for every MS team Zeon can build. Keep in mind that jets aren't really meant to fight MS, they rather excel at specific roles like interception of bombers, air superiority over other aircraft, etc. If you really had to shoehorn jets into an anti-MS role, then maybe ground attack or strike fighters carrying armor penetrating bomblets or laser guided munitions. But if they are forced to fight low level where MS can return fire with autocannons ranging from 60mm to 120mm, they're gonna have a bad time.

The few effective designs they did have like the Core Booster, were rejected in favor of just focusing on MS. In space, MS fulfill many of the tasks that would have been assigned to space fighters so space fighters no longer really exist. On Earth, to make the Core Booster cheap enough to mass produce, they removed the MS-grade beam weapons.. which made it barely notable and it ended up just being a heavy conventional fighter bomber that still can't kill MS.. and discontinued once the war was over.

Actual MS killing duties should fall to other MS or anti-MS weapons, like the Ball. It's simple, ugly, and cost-effective. It has a gun big enough to take down any Zeon MS with a single direct hit, or at least deal crippling damage. It's just meant to fight from a distance as a second line unit, not up close in the fray as a frontline unit, for which the same can be said of a lot of anti-tank or anti-aircraft units.

>all of the old machinery at Jaburo fairs poorly whether it's aircraft or mobile suits.
Tin Cods were never considered equal or even just threats to mobile suits. They just got shot by Zaku machine guns instead of beam rifles when they were new.
>>
>>20554491
For the same reason they don't seize control of the colonies Anon
>>
>>20554580
they already seized control of them, but for some reason the occupiers keep getting pissed off and turn coat
>>
>>20554197
rxzero00? Is that you?
>>
File: ET_0z1NU8AAtCA4.jpg (324 KB, 2048x917)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
>>
File: ad2.jpg (151 KB, 700x887)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>20554530
Try watching Mobile Suit Gundam some time and in the meantime, shutting your retarded noise hole. GMs had fucking nothing to do with winning the war on Earth and Zeon's initial blitz only got so far because they dropped a colony on them first and were vastly more prepared for fighting without radar or guided weapons.

There's little advancement in fighters in Z because what little budget is going to purely terrestrial weapons is being used for transforming mobile armors with fighter capability, support aircraft to use their space MS on Earth, and mega-carriers.
>>
>>20554197
>It's an overdesigned, oddly-proportioned mess.
People on /m/ use the word "overdesigned" as their go-to criticism for anything that has a lot of details. It is a purely SUBJECTIVE word that people try to use in a OBJECTIVE sense, which is why it is so misused as a criticism.

Some people on /m/ have said the Ex-S Gundam is "overdesigned". Probably some of the same people saying the Xi is overdesigned. That is their opinion. It does not make it a fact. A lot of people have bought gunpla of the Ex-S Gundam over the past 30+ years. They obviously do not think the Ex-S is overdesigned, otherwise they would not buy very expensive models and toys of it.

TLDR; have your opinion, that's cool, just dont make it out as anything more than that.
>>
File: FFQ5rN7aIAAk6XO.jpg (781 KB, 3842x2657)
781 KB
781 KB JPG
>>20555386
>Some people on /m/ have said the Ex-S Gundam is "overdesigned"
It literally is tho. Aside from having extra reflector bits on the knees, there isn't a single meaningful addition to its bulk over the standard S Gundam layout. The giant hollow tubes are especially egregious.
>>
>>20555420
Why does the Xi have Cyrillic script on its shoulder?
>>
>>20554491
Try watching Zeta Gundam sometime if you want to see what happens when the Federation starts trying to compete with Anaheim.
>>
>>20555420
The knee stores the beam saber on the Ex-S and S. If there is anything that is overdesigned of the era it would be the propellant tank spam.
>>
How many missiles does Xi have?
>>
>>20556501
12 normal, 10 funnel missiles
>>
>>20556513
Cheers.
>>
>>20556513
Normal missiles as in dumb ones that can't lock on?
>>
>>20556551
yeah, like depicted in the movie they just fly straight at the Penelope
>>
>>20556551
Normal as in normal non-psycommu guidance.
>>
is this even possible?
>>
>>20555377
>Try watching Mobile Suit Gundam some time and in the meantime, shutting your retarded noise hole.
Dumb cunt, you make noise but all you said is either simple truths everyone already knows or pointless accusations.

>GMs had fucking nothing to do with winning the war on Earth and Zeon's initial blitz only got so far because they dropped a colony on them first and were vastly more prepared for fighting without radar or guided weapons.
None of my post even mentions GMs. What the fuck is wrong with you, you don't know what it means when "MS killing duties should fall to other MS or anti-MS weapons"? Do I look like a poser fucking talking about the GM for the Nth time because people can't stop fucking harping about GM prototype this, GM mass production that? Why do you think I AVOIDED mentioning it at all?

>There's little advancement in fighters in Z because [true statements]
There's also little advancement in fighters after the OYW, period. Amazingly, Zanscare are even using what looks like a Dopp derivative some 70 odd years after the OYW. The only advancements in fighter tech generally happens to be a byproduct of MS-related development like core fighters and small MS support craft.
>>
>>20557097
where do you find the scans for this? can't find this shit anywhere else.
>>
>>20557097
I guess so, what is that supposed to be, a vulcan round? A beam vulcan shot? Any single autocannon shell (>20mm) would easily burst a man's head on impact.
>>
>>20556140
Because it looks cool.
>>
>>20555386
Most people on here don't really understand that as part of the ongoing canon of mecha design, each period of design (when new concepts and styles were introduced) is effectively meant to pick up from the previous point. The Xi Gundam's initial illustration is generally in keeping with when it debuted.
>>
>>20557169
it was uploaded here on /m/

the funny thing is that the manga versions of both messer and gustav karl are different from the anime or novel, I wonder if they will also change the other designs too.
>>
File: 1633014044281.png (26 KB, 459x571)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>20543106
>A thread for the Gundam of our Generation, the Xi Gundam.
>>
>>20543106

I think it looks so poorly designed and the proportions just accentuate how awkward it looks.

The Penelope is still fucking worse by a large margin, the sooner it drops the Flight Unit in the movies, the better.

Unicorn and IBO stuff were just better by a large margin in comparison. I miss Gyoubu's stuff now, which is why i like his Moon Gundam stuff.
>>
>>20547172
>Huh, weird name, but not that outright horrendous compared to certain more infamous ones.
quack salver is actually based on the Dutch word 'kwakzalver', which describes someone practicing medicine without any knowledge--i.e. a 'quack'
>>
>>20557324
I agree Gyoubu's mecha feels so fresh
>>
File: Gundam Penelope Moriki.png (211 KB, 1204x1444)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>20557324
>The Penelope is still fucking worse by a large margin, the sooner it drops the Flight Unit in the movies, the better.
>Unicorn and IBO stuff were just better by a large margin in comparison
how can someone be such a plebeian?
at least you can acknowledge Gyoubu
>>
>>20557104
Consider fixing your mental illness.
>>
>>20557108
I think the point being that it only bursted the head and not the a chunk of the car itself
>>
>>20546148
>Average folks are going to be very "Thats it?" when we get to the finale in seven years just to watch Hathaway job to a net and get executed by a firing squad while being laughed at by his dead crush.
You make it sound as if they'll follow the manga instead of retconning it to make Hathaway run away or sacrifice himself.
>>
>>20544365
You call that thing on the right the Xi? Disgusting.
>>
File: FFFuFCDakAA4Cyo.jpg (544 KB, 2560x2048)
544 KB
544 KB JPG
I like this big lug and most of iterations of it that I've seen. I more or less know how it ends by now, but based on what HF was saying it's not too surprising that the end result is what it is.
>>
>>20544602
I know Katoki made both versions but I prefer the left because it has the more realistic proportions. I know the right version is more based on the original novel version just refined by katoki

fuck all the katoki haters
>>
Fuck off Katoki
>>
>>20558179
Lol even Hathaway's signature is fake.
>>
>>20558369
The left design would've been perfect if it used the face plate from the movie version.
>>
File: gundam xi spec.jpg (196 KB, 736x1079)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>20543106
this is for all my XI bros
enjoy the lineart.
>>
File: gundam xi spec 2.jpg (180 KB, 736x1091)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>20558391
>>
File: gundam xi spec 3.jpg (175 KB, 736x1089)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>20558391
>>20558394
>>
File: gundam xi spec 4.jpg (185 KB, 736x1091)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>20558391
>>20558394
>>20558401
>>
>>20557988
Oh sure it might be changed to be more heroic but that kind of misses the point. If anything the way the first movie handled Hathaway makes me think they won't change it but that might just be me hoping too much.
>>
>>20546148
Somehow I've avoided spoilers so far, he really gets caught in a net thats fucking perfect
>>
>>20554032
MS designers want something that can do both earth and space, this has been the case since the Zaku II
>>
>>20554104
What's to stop everyone from just using AI drones? Other than plot excuses?

Banned by the Antarctic treaty?
>>
>>20558484
Do they have the technology to make drones fight wars completely on their own?
>>
>>20558478
Is there any UC mobile suit that is able to exit earth's atmosphere by itself?
>>
>>20558490
We pretty much do in 2022, Chair Force Sergeants are just rubber stamping targets the AI picked out. It makes me think the point of departure is somewhere in the 70's or 80's? (Perhaps Chernobyl or Three Mile Island don't happen so there's more nuclear research in general)
>>
File: 8cyzxm0yoju61.jpg (90 KB, 1057x1397)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>20558401
It's weird that they didn't gave Xi a colored shield in the gunpla and the movie since it already appeared in that art you posted and the Google AR promotion that they did.
>>
>>20558498
No but by Zeta it's standard to drop them into orbit with those parachute backpacks and to shoot them back up with big rockets
>>
>>20558499
Oh so we have the technology right now to make upright-walking war machines fight wars on their own? On land and in space? Got it
retard
>>
>>20558500
maybe in the second movie MAFTY will repaint the Xi
>>
>>20558498
None have done it without needing some kind of external equipment as far as I know. In theory maybe the V2 Gundam can do it, since its minovsky flight ability would allow it to reach higher altitudes relatively easily and the minovsky drive might have the high acceleration and thrust to get into orbit, but it never actually did that in the show.
>>
>>20543106
in the movie it seems the Xi is missing the chest beam cannons

>>20543109
>>20543114
in these two pictures you can clearly see the beam cannon on the chest that are on the armor that moves up

in the original novel the Xi gundam didn't have chest beam cannons, that was added in the SD Gundam games and also the booster missile back attachment from the games is also not in the novels
>>
>>20558509
God, it would be next-level jewery if they sold the XI repaint as PBandai. Imagine having an "incomplete" looking MS as the standard release.
>>
File: xi gundam katoki 3.jpg (27 KB, 346x500)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>20558526
you know I think they are going to do this. gonna laugh if it happens

also this katoki redesign is so fucking good
>>
>>20558519
I'm not seeing the chest beam cannons, where are they?
>>
>>20558529
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ8FHbTATw8&t=55s

I am retarded they are not in the chest but in the armor on top of the shoulder the raises up
>>
>>20558534
0:55 you can see the beam cannons
>>
File: 1512366247903.gif (289 KB, 400x471)
289 KB
289 KB GIF
>>20558369
You're retarded and your reasoning makes no sense.
>>
>>20544602

Is it just me or Movie XI looks more "evil" in a sense? G Generation's XI looks more traditional.
>>
File: ORX-055_MS_main.png (424 KB, 1200x1373)
424 KB
424 KB PNG
>>20558498
Fiver can do it but it's a bit of a thing
>>
File: 1611451401585.jpg (717 KB, 1762x2000)
717 KB
717 KB JPG
I actually like the Penelope and Xi exactly because they're huge monster machines. Protagonist Gundams are usually fairly sleek outside of SEED's tendency to slap a giant backpack on an otherwise light frame, so having these two be hulking beasts makes them stand out.
>>
>>20558562
That’s the point of the Xi’s design, isn’t it? It’s a Gundam piloted by a terrorist.
>>
xi and penelope are the ugliest gundams i have ever seen. i dont know what the ufck is up with people pretending they dont look like a visual clusterfuck and would make zero sense as a mecha (which alreayd makes zero practical sense). it always looks like moving in any kind of dextrous fashion would just cause them to collide amongst themselves

truly hideous aesthetically and functionally. god save the pour soul who had to design the model kits
>>
File: E2HBfWaVkAgJhK1.jpg (835 KB, 3000x3195)
835 KB
835 KB JPG
I hope they started working on part 2 by now.
>>
File: gundam kamille rekt 3.gif (1.38 MB, 407x275)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB GIF
>>20558543
no fuck you fagget
>>
>>20558789
Movie story composition? Probably. Animation? Nope. Sunrise studio 1 still needs to finish the G-Reco movies.
>>
>>20558789
The staff had troubles with location scouting since they couldn't fly to Australia due to COVID restrictions so they've been using other sources to do research. The movie is definitely still in the design stages.
>>
>>20558808
What's the deal with the G-Reco movies? They seem to be recuts of the TV series but are the changes significant?
>>
>>20558809
No wonder Australia gets wrecked most of the time in mecha shows.
>>
File: anime aussie die.jpg (560 KB, 1440x3240)
560 KB
560 KB JPG
>>20558809
fuck just hire Australians to go video tape north Australia

dammit I hope it is not 3 years until we get the second movie
>>
>>20558817
1 & 2 doesn't have that many changes but 3 has more and according to the Ogata, the Sunrise studio 1 Gundam producer, half of the stuff in 4 is new.
The movies are expected to be completed by the end this year or next year.
>>
>>20558589
Penelope definitely looks cooler in that shot. Not a huge fan of the usual animal-like posture.
>>
>>20558562
I feel the opposite, the larger eyes made it look disarming while the older Xi was menacing despite being more colorful
>>
>>20558891
>while the older Xi was menacing despite being more colorful
why
>>
>>20558484
minovsky bullshit renders most long-range radio signals/wireless communication inoperable
funnels don't count because minovsky bullshit doesn't cancel out newtype bullshit or just having your funnels be connected to your MS with a wire
>>
>>20558394
So that's how the Vulcans work. Cheers.

>>20558401
Is the beam cannon the bottom opening of the elevated part on the front of the shield? Just above all those lines.
>>
>>20558817
I just want to know why a 26 episode series needs FIVE compilation movies.
>>
>>20559265
They're meant to replace the show. They're not your traditional Gundam compilation movies. G-Reco isn't even Gundam.
>>
>>20558826
HF will lose steam if they waited out that long to release the second movie.
>>
>>20557441

I'm sorry, its just my opinion. I just much prefer that design without the Flight unit getting in the way, the Odysseus Gundam just looks more interesting and ironically its because of the traditional aesthetic underneath the awkward mantle for me.
>>
>>20560682
Its "hoplite" aesthetics also looks cool and fitting to its name.
>>
>>20558484
>What's to stop everyone from just using AI drones?

>Why does Gundam need to have Gundams
>>
>>20560657
I doubt it. Anything with Gundam will sell just fine.
>>
>>20558809
Movie 2 is coming in early 2023, the latest
>>
>>20560797
you mean the earliest
>>
File: hguc-messer-type-f01 (5).jpg (134 KB, 1200x1200)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>20546435
based and Messer-pilled
>>
>>20560878
Why are the grunt mobile suits in Hathway so large as well? It's not like they have a minovsky flight system on board. Is there some design trend around UC100 where bigger is better?
>>
>>20561025
armor
>>
>>20558498
the decked out mobile suits from thunderbolt use up enough delta V in their battles that they could easily reach orbit.
Actually most mobile suits probably could based on that metric.
>>
File: DznEczvVYAAt7T_.jpg (534 KB, 2048x1536)
534 KB
534 KB JPG
>>20561025
It was consistently trending that way up until then and they're not out of the size range of 0090s mobile suits or anything.
>>
File: 9k=.jpg (532 KB, 1024x768)
532 KB
532 KB JPG
This happens to be a really fucking skinny Sazabi for the record.
>>
File: 9k=.jpg (196 KB, 800x534)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
Or should I say even Axis MS since those were generally bigger than what the broke ass niggas could make in the 0090s anyways.
>>
>>20559148
The AI drone doesn't need wireless it pilots itself and picks out the targets on its own.

I guess the MS Pilots are all just super skilled enough to take on an army of these as we see in F91
>>
>>20561100
>>20561106
Jeez, the Gustav is one chunky MS
>>
>>20561138
the problem is how you're supposed to communicate and give it orders and retrieve it if it's not a disposable one
>>
>>20543106
>5th generation MS
what did they mean by this?
Is it basically
>1st gen = OYW
>2nd gen = zeta
>3rd gen = zz
>4th gen = cca
or is there more to it?
>>
>>20561300
Sorta, except it's more about the tech and is NOT a linear progression of performance. As you probably guessed, not all MS fit neatly in generations and new MS aren't necessarily always fitting in later generations.

>First generation
OYW tech, basic MS
>Second generation
Movable frame, gundarium armor, panoramic cockpit
>Third generation
Transforming capability
>Fourth generation
Psycommu tech along the lines of biosensor and psycoframe, not basic psycommu

https://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=10166

https://mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=382751&sid=b97419636a9fc03cd4cf64239547a6c5#p382751
>>
>>20561320
I see, thanks.
>>
>>20543109
Actually, does the Xi even have the articulation to reach for its beam sabers stored on top of the shoulder?
>>
>>20562029
the novel design looks like it can rotate the whole arm to grab the saber, which seems to be in the back, behind the neck?
movie version doesn't look like it has that ability
>>
>>20544316
>yeah, I won't deny that the film could use work, but pacing isn't the issue. It should have been much longer; a 3-hour war epic would be quite fitting for Gundam if you ask me
The pacing is precisely the issue, considering it was meant to be an OVA series taking over the course of a year and a half condensed into a 2 hour movie.
>>
>>20562470
>OVA series taking over the course of a year
It was meant to be a full 50-ep series, and the first few (13 I think) episodes of it are condensed into the movie we have right now. That's how fucked the pacing of that movie is.
>>
File: Gundam F91 combat.jpg (2.69 MB, 4088x5993)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB JPG
>>20562470
>>20564177
Pacing doesn't become an issue with the film itself just because you bring up an extrinsic factor you perceive to be a problem
>>
>>20564177
It's really not as fucked as you think it is though. People make out as if F91 was produced in reverse with the way they complain about the pacing, if you took say, something extravagant like a 300-minute film and cut that down to 120-minutes, then you are definitely in the realm of visibly choppy pacing.
>>
>>20543110
He's just chunky.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.