[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: l-gaim.png (2.06 MB, 1046x1194)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB PNG
I'm 30 episodes into L-Gaim, and I'm debating to myself whether or not to drop it. It feels tedious to watch at this point, but I'm already halfway through. What do you think about L-Gaim?
>>
>>20415964
If you're not enjoying yourself, I think it is fine for you to stop, since you are not gaining anything, but if you are curious as to how it concludes, you can finish it at your discretion.

I enjoyed L-Gaim but enjoyed the first half more than the second. However, I was more interested and invested in the show on the whole than you, by the sound of it. I thought overall that it was quite a neat show.
>>
>>20416037
Thank you for your input.
>>
>>20415964
It gets better towards the end, but desu only in the last like 10 episodes. The middle drags hard. I found the ending kind of disappointing too
>>
>>20416063
Good to know. Thank you.
>>
>>20415964
If I can endure the 75 episodes that is Dougram, L Gaim shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>20416406
Diff anon here but wow was Dougram a slog to finish my goodness
>>
>>20415964
Finish it, unless each episode is so excruciatingly boring that you can't focus on what's happening because you'd rather be watching Danball Senki instead.
>>
>>20415964
Honestly, It took me 4 years of occasionally watching a few episodes to get episode 34 because I found it so hard to get into and just kind of bad, then something clicked, I loved it from 34 onwards. Then I rewatched from the beginning and from start to end loved it, now it's in my top 10, 2nd favorite for TV anime. I feel like I had to really have a perspective change and understand what the show is doing on more fundamental levels (storyboarding, draftsmanship quality, etc) over just the regular plot and character errata that /m/ is usually only able to talk about, than I was able to pick up on until that point in my life, and I had watched a lot more anime. It also helps that when I started I didn't like anime comedy, where by then I was more open to goofy comedy stuff ( had recently completed Urusei Yatsura). The final thing is that Tomino shows tend to be very dense and high momentum on a moment to moment level, but sparse on big picture plot developments. A ton happens on the micro level of individual scenarios, but the general plot outline is about what a modern 12 episode would cover much of the time, so in my case gaining more fine grained thinking, and knowing exactly what was going on on the macro level, allowed me to focus on all the interesting stuff on the micro level that the first time around I wasn't picking up on. There is also the weirdness of how it combines adventure, with comedy, with space opera, later on the idiosyncratic mix really worked for me, where at first it did not. Just my own experience, may not apply to you at all.
>>
>>20415964
Do whatever you fucking want, quit looking for approval and just form a fucking opinion.
>>
>>20416708
Dude wtf op just wanted some opinons
>>
But anon, it’s time for L-Gaim
>>
I liked L Gaim, took me a couple of tries to finish it, usually wandered off by the late teens
by 30 or so there's certainly still plot twists and stuff yet to happen but if you're not generally into the robot fights or the character interactions I don't recall any game-changing differences from there onward
>>
>>20415964
if you have to talk yourself into continuing then you shouldn't
>>
>>20416795
make up your own fucking mind bitch, "UMM SHOULD I FINISH THIS" does not merit discussion
>>
>>20415964
L-Gaim is unironically at its best during it's last 10 something episode, but if you don't enjoy it you should have dropped it to save yourself to trouble anon, nobody's pointing a fucking gun at your head to finish it.
>>
>>20415964
I don't know, it is like basic grammar or basic calculus. If it is not to your liking, just drop it!
>>
>>20416706
this guy gets it
>>
Ive been trying to watch all the SRW 30 series I hadnt seen
I gotta be honest, I don't think I'm a fan of tomino. I liked King Gainer and Turn A when I saw them like 15 years ago, but I wonder if I would now. Ideon and Dunbine were fine but kinda mediocre. The gundams varied from bad to good.

But L-gaim... L-gaim is so awful. I hate the mech designs. I hate the character designs. I hate the tomino dialogue that makes conversations impossible to follow.
This and Reconguista are just unwatchable in my opinion.
>>
>>20417433
>King Gainer
>15 years ago
Fuck has it really been that long
>>
>>20417741
I mean, longer, itd already been out for years when I saw it
>>
File: originalaug5gu.jpg (65 KB, 640x480)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>20417433
>I hate the mech designs
Are you crazy? Even people who hate the rest of the show like the mechanical designs.
>>
>>20417433
L-Gaim's dialogue may not be a problem so much as that, IIRC, the subtitles are legitimately not in the best shape.
I sadly have to disagree with you on other topics however, I really like L-Gaim's robots for example.
>>
>>20417433
L-Gaim dialogue isn't even hardcore Tomino speak, King Gainer and Turn A have way more advanced Tomino speak in them. He doesn't start really going hard on it until the 90s. Until then its literally just characters speaking to each other without adding in exposition on contextual stuff they would naturally assume the other person would understand (where most anime adds in stuff for the audience specifically).
>>
>>20418768
>>20418768
Tomino-speak is bad by Zeta imo.
>>
>>20419249
I find Zeta to be the perfect middle point, it has the cleverness, density, and nuance of later Tomino dialogue, but still doesn't require thinking about a bit to figure out sometimes like something like Brain Powerd or Gainer where you have to occasionally take a minute to think about what happened earlier to get what someone is going on about.
>>
Try slowing down to an episode or two whenever you feel like it and see if that helps.
>>
>>20417433
>I hate the tomino dialogue that makes conversations impossible to follow.
That's not Tomino dialogue that's the subs being absolute dogshit.
>>
>>20418768
I find the way they talked in L.Gaim made it feel more like a living breathing world because of that.
>>
>>20416056
No problem.
>>
>>20417433
>>But L-gaim... L-gaim is so awful. I hate the mech designs. I hate the character designs
What..?
>>
File: 1387889901566.jpg (1.25 MB, 1000x1524)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>
File: mpv-shot0015.jpg (56 KB, 704x528)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>20417433
Watch Brain Powerd. It will either rewire you to understand Tomino's dialogue, or you will die
>>
File: 1596898745123.jpg (383 KB, 1280x835)
383 KB
383 KB JPG
>>
NO REPLY
>>
>>20415964
>What do you think about L-Gaim?
It was okay.
>>
>>20416706
I tried and couldn’t do it. In general, a lot of the 80s and 90s TV anime is a slog to watch. This is coming from someone that’s huge into OVAs and movies from that era.
>>
>>20421777
L-gaim needs a big metal sword and a slightly pointier head and then we got a Dann of Thursday cosplay
>>
The external power cable for the beam launcher is so stupid I can't watch beyond a few episodes. No doubt SRW makes it much cooler than it actually is.
>>
>>20426807
At the time the existing justification for handheld energy weapons working in previous shows was "it just does", and even today it's not any stupider than the magic hand plugs nobody has ever seen in Gundam.
>>
>>20426857
We see them in 08th MS Team.
>>
>>20426756
I only kept returning because I really could tell that something was there that I just wasn't picking up on. Tomino shows are difficult but rewarding.

I had that exact same issue when I was in my early 20s, around late 20s I kind of went in the opposite direction and now have a really hard time not finding modern 1 or even 2 cour shows hard to get into because everything feels so rushed, stilted, and underdeveloped, like I'm getting pulled by the hair through their plot beats without breathing room, and around the mid 10s I just couldn't stand what most anime looked and felt like anymore. 2 can be alright, but I find most of my favorite TV anime are 3-4, or more now. OVAs and films are different, and most of my favorites are OVAs and Films from the mid 80s to mid 90s, but honestly, the 90s mini series styled OVAs let me down way more than the 1-3 shot animation spectacle kind because they feel crammed and quality just tends to be lower due to shorter production times. I'm almost out of older OVAs and films that aren't in potato quality now though and loving old TV anime quite a bit.

I think the best way is to just watch a bunch of different ones slowly at whatever pace.
>>
>>20426807
what's stupid about it? there's plenty of reasons to use it or to justify it, and it's more satisfying than 'it just woeks' and gives an alternative to using magazines.
at least they don't blow off their own arms to shoot it and carry a backpack full of replacement arms.
>>
File: 1585474071428.jpg (29 KB, 342x342)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>20426807
that's the bit that's so stupid you cant watch it?
how do you watch any anime jfc
>>
>>20417433
Haven't watched L-Gaim but read this post and I think I have to agree with most of the sentiment. I like CCA, Victory, and Ideon, but I've found most other things I've seen by Tomino to be really average. I absolutely hate Turn A and Dunbine to the point where I dropped Dunbine halfway through since every episode was like pulling teeth. Xabungle also did very little for me and I got really irritated at Jiron Rag and Elchi at various points.
>I hate the tomino dialogue that makes conversations impossible to follow.
I would blame this on the subs but I can't speak nipponese so I wouldn't know. I do know Dunbine gave me a headache trying to comprehend a sentence which isn't an issue I've had with every other Tomino thing I've watched. Some might call me a retard, and I know I am one, but this was an especially retarded translation job I believe and I hope to be the case.
>>
>>20427998
there's more of an argument to be made that tomino speak or at least the way its presented with the english subs actually APPEALS to retards.
personally, i loved turn A and CCA but disliked victory,ideon,dunbine,xabungle and l-gaim, lol
>>
>>20427998
>I would blame this on the subs but I can't speak nipponese so I wouldn't know.
You don't even need to, the "better" of the two subs (I gave up and just watched the option with better video quality after going back and forth multiple times in one episode every time one of them fucked something up) has shit the guy speedsubbing it for streaming blatantly misheard.
>>
File: Dunbine - 14.webm (1.43 MB, 960x720)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB WEBM
>>20427998
I'm watching Dunbine right now and I'm not having too hard of a time understanding it. That said, I think the subs are trying to preserve a lot of the formality of some of the character's speech in order to make it seem more "knightly." I've seen a lot of lines saying stuff like "I'll have you let me do X," and I can see how that could get confusing.
This one line in particular did stand out to me as very weird. My Japanese comprehension is very much that of a beginner's, but I think it's pretty close to literally what she said. However, the subs don't say that she's talking about war, which you CAN infer from the context, but I'm fairly sure she does say 戦争 and to me the line would be better rendered as "it certainly seems more exciting than a war where Paris can be wiped out by a stray missile."
If anyone with better Japanese skills wants to weigh in, I transcribed the quote to the best of my ability:
「 逸れ矢ミサイルが一発飛んでいきてパリが亡くなちまうって戦争よりは、確かに心が踊れ光景だけどさ...」
It's at timecode 10:50 in episode 14
>>
>>20427998
it's amazing how everyone has completely clashing thoughts on what Tomino series they enjoy.
>>
>>20428459
truly this is...
how adults live...
isn't it?
>>
>>20422147
KIN NO SUNAAAAA DOKEI
>>
File: mpv-shot0017.jpg (63 KB, 640x480)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>20428460
Don't be so conceited!
>>
>>20428042
If you're retarded then having to think and extrapolate about what someone is getting at based on the context they say it on is big negative, and that is what Tomino dialogue does, people will say things and a big part of it will be them projecting, talking past each other based on their own hang ups, making logical leaps, etc based on things we either know about ir happened to them earlier or are going to learn about them later on. Other times it's them stumbling over their words and just being inarticulate, but if you've followed the episode you can see what it is they are trying to to get at but are failing to. Having to keep track of more stuff instead of just having everything you need up front unambiguously in the sentence isn't something retards are going to like. It doesn't make you smart to like it or get it though. Having just seen the show once before does wonders honestly, or just taking a minute after an episode to think.
>>
>>20428698
i wasn't talking about actual retards, just internet term retards but yeh you're right
>>
was posaydal originally a hero?
>>
>>20430357
To the right people
>>
>>20430357
The show almost heavy-handedly says that he's pretty much the Daba of his time, so yes. Even then, he was still scum since he planned to rule from the shadows even before he won. That being said, this was likely the reason Daba didn't end up ruling after beating Poseydal, he could have taken care of Olibee, gotten with one of the girls and ruled, but there was the risk he'd turn into a second Poseydal.
>>
>tried reading FSS but it's too much fluff
>tried watching l-gaim but there's not enough fluff (fuck all in fact)
love Nagano's designs, maybe I should try brain powerd?
>>
File: EddC2aKWoAAVTTD.jpg (36 KB, 800x450)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>20430548
>maybe I should try brain powerd?
>>
>>20416618
>Danball Senki
Is this good or just a meme?
>>
>>20430583
It's not that bad, but if he can't make it through L-Gaim, he's not going to have a good time.
>>
>>20430548
like >>20430632 said, if you can't make it through L-Gaim you won't make 3 episodes into Brain Powered. L-Gaim is like 30% Tomino while BP is 200%.
>>
>>20430652
His issue is the lack of fluff though, not the Tomino style. BP doesn't actually have more fluff though - it's pretty brisk due to being only 2 cours.
>>
>>20430706
what he said ^ ive enjoyed several of tominos works, most notably turn A
>>
>>20430811
Turn A is pretty tame IMO
it only gets Tomino during fights which is like >5% of Turn A's running time.
>>
>>20430811
This is the post that started the BP discussion >>20430548

It has nothing to do with Turn A or Tomino and has everything to do with Nagano.
>>
>>20430943
I am both posts? I just forgot to specify that my issue with l-gaim wasn't with the tomino-isms, just the lack of fluff because I've enjoyed several other "weird" tomino works such as turn A and reconguista
>>
File: ee3374315d652c9e.jpg (340 KB, 1169x1745)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
>>20430524
>gotten with one of the girls
why not both?
>>
File: 1589328821589.jpg (15 KB, 225x225)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
See when I say the subs are shit I mean they're bad enough even wikipedia and MAL call Olibee a half-sister because both subs say so when the entire family had zero blood relation and she is his legitimate missing lover, which needless to say makes large chunks of the show up to and including the ending make far less sense than they should.

Literally what Amu says is 義理の妹 which is just outright "sister in law", there's no fucking ambiguity.
>>
>>20431869
because Tomino isn't a doujinfag like (You), thank goodness.
>>
>>20431931
Posaydal was definitely slamming at least two girls
>>
>>20426857
E-Packs became a thing in Zeta.
>>
>>20430548
>>tried reading FSS but it's too much fluff
You get into FSS by watching the movie and then the manga.
>>
>>20431954
magic e-pacs
>>
>>20431931
Didn't people claim Gainer got both girls at the end of Overman King Gainer, or was that fan fic again?
>>
>>20432314
Don't remember very well, but Sara did eventually reciprocate Gainer's feeling. She did it at the worst time, but I don't remember if they sealed the deal once the final battle was over. I don't remember him saying anything to the other girl.

I should add that I haven't seen OKG since 2007.
>>
>>20431963
don't think anyone ever would read the manga without watching the movie.. it's that bamboozled "ending" of the film that drives you straight into the manga needing more
>>
>>20432332
I read the manga and never saw the movie
I didn't really know the movie existed until I had read quite a way in a few books
>>
>>20432314
>>20432325
Gainer gets them both in the end
>>
File: grin.jpg (175 KB, 1280x1024)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
look at this shit eating grin
>>
>>20433354
Gainer does what Renton can't!
>>
>>20421060
LoL nice temple of doom reference
>>
>>20433369
I really liked gainer but I'm having trouble getting into E7; does it lack something gainer had?
>>
>>20434824
They're not even similar besides Yoshida character designs?
>>
>>20434824
Tomino
>>
>>20426782
>>20426857
It's a literally a case of introducing something visually new to the genre, everything about mecha was always about upping the ante in terms of "realism" through high-concept design.
>>
File: np0gt5.png (1.32 MB, 1030x770)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
are good l-gaim subs just nonexistent? had a blast with turn-a but l-gaim filtered me by the third episode or so
>>
>>20434824
E7 and King Gainer are completely different shows.
Aside from the character designer I don't think they shared any other significant staff members.
You have to approach E7 on completely different terms.
>>
>>20435470
Seems so. I'm not outright sure if the second ones I have are from when it was licensed streaming but I have no indication there's three different subs.
>>
>>20435567
OK, will do
>>
>>
File: 1301997279362.jpg (35 KB, 640x480)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>
>>20437676
L-Gaim had a manga? or is this FSS?
>>
>>20438359
it's an l-gaim manga
>>
File: 280825.jpg (268 KB, 965x1328)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>
>>20430548
>>20430583
>>20430632
>>20430652
I couldn’t get into L-Gaim and the only thing I didn’t like about Brain Powerd was the rushed ending.
>>
SRW implies Posaydal was from a long line of Posaydals - was this added in SRW or was it a detail missed in the show subs?
>>
>>20440385
In what context? While the present Posaydal overthrew the Yarmans I -think- the clan name is Posaydal and there may have been the public belief that there had been multiple Posaydal rulers since then because Posaydal not aging wasn't necessarily public knowledge.

Nagano autism version of things is that the real Posaydal didn't even appear in the show.
>>
>>20440426
House Posaydal is apparently a thing and Original Auge was one of its heirlooms
>>
>>20440426
From what little I remember of the show, I believe the cast knew Poseydal was around for some time, but weren't quite sure if the Poseydal they were fighting was the original, not because the original died, but because the original was a man and the current Poseydal has not only ruled for a very long time, the current Poseydal refers to herself as a man despite blatantly being a women. I think they come to the conclusion that the current one might be a clone or something, it's only later that the pieces come together.
>>
>>20440426
>autismo version
that's the art book before FSS right?
>>
how many Gayrahms were there?
>>
>>20440473
The Poseidal they meet is a fake Poseidal put there because the real one would rather gallivant around the system and live the life of a rich magnate than actually do the work of ruling the empire. He uses some fairly horrible stuff to make this work.
>>
>>20441962
I remember reading somewhere that Gayrahms are an obsolete mainline unit, so if that's true there would have been a lot of them.
>>
>>20441962
Full Flat had about 30 but couldn't use all of them.

>>20442152
>obsolete
That's not how it works in L-Gaim, other than the Mk-II pretty much the older it is the stronger it is because civilization is declining. Being mass produced Gayrahm is one of the weaker old HMs so it's only about on the level of an A class though.
>>
>>20442140
I know, but I am saying that those were the suspicions brought forward by the cast. We don't get to see many opinions from regular folks not in the rebellion or army so no idea what they thought Poseydal was.
>>
>>20442534
Nouvelle D,Sserd ended up A class as well, and was a new machine.
The regular D,Sserd was a decent B class, I guess as a really easy to mass manufacture Gayrahm.
>>
>>20443361
I don't know if we can say it was stronger than the original it was derived from still, it's kind of implied it's barely an A-Class and obviously they didn't think it was good enough if they made the Amon Duule after.
>>
>>20443463
the Nouvelle was one of the incomplete models in Amanda's collection but they finished it with L-gaim / D.ssrrd data iirc? I thought it came after the Amon Duul and wasn't related, unless I missed something in an earlier episode?
The regular D.Sserd seemed easy to mass produce as the rebels seem to have a lot of them and they are better than the common Graias etc
>>
>>20442534
>That's not how it works in L-Gaim, other than the Mk-II pretty much the older it is the stronger it is because civilization is declining. Being mass produced Gayrahm is one of the weaker old HMs so it's only about on the level of an A class though.
Is that really true in L-Gaim? The L-Gaim was supposedly developed around the end of the war, and once the conflicts heat up the Poseidal forces start making new HMs that are better than the ones they were using at the start.
>>
>>20444070
I don't remember any of the Heavy Metal info making it into the show. It's like Gundam side material saying the Bawoo is a Zeta ripoff and the Doven Wolf was going to be the new MP unit for Neo Zeon.

From what I skimmed through ages ago, Heavy Metals haven't had any new innovative designs in ages, most are based on an older model or the design was rediscovered and produced once again. Even the L-Gaim is based on an older Heavy Metal, the MK-II burrows some elements from several HM design philosophies, threw in a transformation and wasn't heavily based on anything. They only call it the L-Gaim MK-II since it had more Yaman influence.

The L-Gaim itself is a low tier A class Heavy Metal, deliberately made simple, yet effective so it could be used for mass production.
>>
>>20443817
It's apparently the stepping stone between D-Sserd and Amon Duule, the implication seeming to be that the army got their Yharman HM technology from captured/destroyed D-Sserds, as I suppose showing them the pile of captured old Yharman Heavy Metals in Full Flat's closet would have raised questions. Supposedly like G-Arcane it has a transformation that was never used.

>>20444070
The L-Gaim itself is a Gayrahm that Daba Hausser modified/rebuilt in exile which is why everyone thinks it's a handmade at first. But you know how Posaydal's personal original Auge is massively stronger than Nei's Auge? It's like that for all the Posaydal class As, even if the copy was rolled out recently. Although even the original Auge is actually a kitbash of original HM parts and not a complete Auge.

Actually it says the Gayrahm could fight Blood Temples 1 on 1 which would make it quite a bit stronger than a class A, but Full Flat also didn't have its full equipment.
>>
>>20444414
>G-Arcane
Is Aida a reborn Gaw Ha Leccee?
>>
>>20444414
was this from the show or one of the books?
>>
>>20430587
It's a fast paced, flashy action show for kids. I think anon was trying to say you have bad attention span
>>
>>20444492
I think a decent amount of it would have been in magazines while the show was airing but some of it would have come out in later books. In general L-Gaim has a lot of Nagano back setting that either wasn't put in the show or discarded entirely, which is why Five Star Stories exists.
>>
File: leccee_wineglass_image0.jpg (310 KB, 1083x1497)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
>>
>>20444511
I know there's the art book / art collection that has some dodgy English which was like an alternative L-Gaim timeline, and there Nei joins the rebels - I wonder if that's where SRW got the idea to make Nei playable?
>>
>>20444500
The last season was pretty messed up even by Hino's weird edgy standards, to be honest
>>
>>20415964
I like the two lead chicks but the i didn't care for the two male leads.

I dig the MK-1 design though. Need to get me the HG & the OST one of these days.
>>
>>20445090
L-gaim and MKII hg's are both very nice
>>
Finally finished it. It was a total slog to get through. It had its moments, but as a whole I didn't like it.
>>
>>20445787
this is how i feel about all of tominos 50ep stuff, great ideas man but tv pacing sucks
>>
>>20444475
You'd think she'd be a better pilot then
>>
File: nei+flatt.jpg (923 KB, 1693x1644)
923 KB
923 KB JPG
>>
>>20428260
I just finished the show and it's funny that this line ended up being foreshadowing
>>
>>20445880
To be fair, Lecee just seemed to get worse as time went on. I was disappointed when the Novel Dsserd shows up and it pretty much got its ass kicked most of the times it showed up. It's not a fair comparison since Amu was riding the previous MC unit, but she does way better, including that moment that I won't spoil.
>>
File: 1536355990251.jpg (262 KB, 900x1280)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
To think she was originally meant to be the pilot of Mk2
>>
>>20447571
Really? What would Daba pilot?
>>
>>20447583
Either the normal L-Gaim or some he gets analogue to Junchoon so like an Original Gayrahm or L-Gaim similar to Original Auge / Aug
>>
>>20447571
>MK-II with a ton of power launchers
>N. Dsserd has the binder guns pointing backwards

Ok then.
>>
File: 1401843849975.jpg (1.08 MB, 896x1359)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>>
File: 1399006501241.jpg (58 KB, 480x640)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>
>>20445806
Stick to Netflix :)
>>
>>20431912
Gotta love shitty subs making it look like the show has incest
>>
does anyone have that pre fss art book which had the blood temple in with the engrish story?
>>
File: Daba_opinion_on_Lily.jpg (32 KB, 626x477)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>
>>20448817
Nope, and still don't like tominoshit :)
>>
File: lilith.jpg (56 KB, 640x480)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
best girl and best heavy metal
>>
>>20415964
I dropped it 44 episodes in. I've been debating going back and just knocking out the last 10 episodes.
>>
The OST to L-Gaim is really nice.
>>
>>20450456
Love how he replied to me but you responded, I was going to hit him with a :) too but just couldn't be bothered
>>
>>20450656
the last few episodes actually pace and finish well for 80s tomino and are probably the most interesting set of episodes in it
>>
File: 071.jpg (272 KB, 1280x1823)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>
File: l-gaim.jpg (90 KB, 500x735)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>20415964
My favorite Tomino joint. Universe/setting, characters, story and mecha are top notch imo.
>>
File: 1313871119141.jpg (283 KB, 1035x670)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>20415964
Watching a Tomino series for the plot is kind of a waste of time. If you don't enjoy the goofy antics of the cast then there's not much point. Maybe if you really like the mech designs which L-Gaim is pretty high up there for.
>>
File: 1426857465816.png (1.54 MB, 1025x1152)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
>>20416706
Accurate, Tomino could greatly use an editor. I used to think his writing would be better suited to one or two cour series, but G no Reconguista proved that isn't the only issue.
>>
>>20452350
Naw, that would ruin his shows. The writing is great as it is, people just need to acclimate themselves away from the plot focus mind rot that modern anime has conditioned them to. The big picture plot stuff is by far the most irrelevant part of the experience, and often gets in the way because in anime the more you have the more the work gets bogged down in staid exposition scenes.
>>
>>20452400
>people just need to acclimate themselves away from the plot focus mind rot that modern anime has conditioned them to
Anime isn't plot focused though, it's character driven.
The vast majority of anime are, and in most cases the main pull are the characters.
It's why a shounen like Naruto can go for 500+ episodes while only really having enough story for 50 tops.
>>
>>20452422
You picked the worst example for saying anime is character driven. Naruto literally sidelines characters for the sake of pushing the reader to the next battle, then throws in a sad backstory to push characters to the next battle. That's what battle shounen series are.
Most of the character driven elements are side stories, omakes, and gag chapters that are breaks inbetween the fight, train, tournament, train, rescue, train, fight, train, rescue, fight, train mind numbing treadmill.
Half the time the characters are just their powers in a fight.
>>
>>20452422
You are ignoring that Naruto came out in 2002 and is from a 90s manga, and anime is very often light novel adaptations now. There are character driven shows, like CGDCT shows and some battle shounen, which are old genres, and character trope fetish is a huge part of the modern experience. But a show like Madoka Magica or Fate Zero, for example ( getting older, but still relevant) has a cleanly delineated and constant stream of plot developments and twists that make up most of what the show is oriented around, it's the same if you watch something like Re:Zero. Anime of the 10s and onwards is largely oriented around adapting story based mediums into animation as an advertisement. 80s robot shows are a set of toys, a set of characters, a world, a general plot outline, and then seeing what interesting scenarios you can produce over a year of production while you work towards the conclusion you have in mind. It's just a completely different kind of thing, and much better for it because it is specifically created according to the realities of TV anime production, as opposed to struggling through another medium's tendencies as you try to force a work into a different artistic context.
>>
>>20452516
LN adaptions used to be character heavy until they became isekai shit created by 16 year olds that can not write characters or worlds so they're just a stream of shit that happens. Rather because you knew you weren't going to adapt more than a few volumes worth of story you would pick the things that seemed to have a cast people would latch on to as having the most marketing upside but when the popular shit has no actual plot structure anyways who the fuck cares.
>>
>>20452318
the designs have a quality to them that sets them apart from looking like a Gundam or something, but really mesh well in the world
>>
>>20452400
G-Reco mostly focuses on the plot though.
>>
>>
i like the tomino shows where they dont write every character to make you want to hate them. ive watched 4 episodes of this and i dont think i hate a single character yet!?!
>>
File: 1533447930416.jpg (33 KB, 469x313)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>20415964
SHOW ME THE WAY TO YOU
DU DU DU DUUU
>>
>>20456278
But everyone in the first 4 episodes is a piece of shit
>>
>>20438510

Under the Sunz or the Ikehara ones?
>>
>>20457361
Anon is a piece of shit so he relates.
>>
>>20417433
>I hate the mech designs
>I hate the character designs
gay
>>
>>20418768
Yeah, I was watching Zeta and Brain Powered back to back and it felt like everyone in BP had mental illness
>>
>>20458311
it's under the sunz
>>
>>
this symbol was reused for the gods knights in FSS
>>
>>20458842
Man the OVA heavy metals look awful. Who designed them?
>>
>>20458467
Where can I find that?
>>
>>20459346
Hidetoshi Omori
>>
File: sunzcover.jpg (282 KB, 1070x1600)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>20459457
Probably tracking down some physical copy in Japan (or around Asia or Ebay like picrel if you're lucky). I don't think any scans exist online.
>>
File: 1633979386163.jpg (171 KB, 790x1024)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>
>>20427998
The subs in Dunbine try really badly to emulate "medieval" or "Shakespearean" ("theatrical" even) dialogue and it made the first 10 or so episodes almost a headache to watch.
>>
>>
File: ggbestf.jpg (523 KB, 1280x1280)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
>>
>>20462213
the B in B.Temple stands for Best
>>
File: ggbestb.jpg (508 KB, 1280x1295)
508 KB
508 KB JPG
>>20462729
the best
>>
>>20459947
did they do accents in the dub too?
in the original Japanese, do they use old japanese for byston well, or do they speak normally?
>>
>>20466202
They just speak in Keigo iirc. Which isn't uncommon at all in Modern Japanese, just very formal and polite.
>>
>>
>>
So how does the show end, do they all die or is it some open ended bullshit? Just finished the last stage in srw 30 and while im intrigued, i dont really want to suffer through 50 tomino episodes, im already trying to slog my way through ideon
>>
>>20472752
Guess you'll have to watch it :^)
>>
>>20472752
even if you don't want to watch, watch!
>>
>>20472752
Watch it and be surprised.
>>
>>20472752
>too lazy to watch a show
>too lazy to google the ending
>too stupid to realize whatever reasons for both of those he will respond which are bullshit
>>
>>20472752
It has a way better ending than Ideon TV. Though that's kind of unfair.
>>
>>20473507
lmfao, no it doesn't you dumb shitposter.
>>
>>20432314
He get Sara and then the other girl is friendzoned
>>
File: Spoiler Image (219 KB, 1440x1080)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>20473513
Ideon TV literally just stops happening suddenly and narration tells you what happens next. L-Gaim doesn't have a great ending but Ideon's clearly got cut short due to being cancelled. That's why I said it's an unfair comparison.
>>
>>20473513
>shitposter

Speak for yourself, hot take.
>>
>>20452422
>Anime isn't plot focused though, it's character driven.

Damn, haven't seen much modern anime, huh?
>>
>>20461756
Why does Mia's hair look like glans?
>>
>>20473533
Be Invoked is the actual ending. As in, they had material planned for TV actually semi-completed already and then completed it all to make the movie. I like L-Gaim's ending personally, its oddly bitter and dismissive of the whole plot up to there, and the final fight ends in a kind of subversive anto-dramatic manner, where doesn't quite achive the heroic decisive killing blow himself, but his side still wins anyways. It likes Daitarn's ending in that it really surprises you and makes you think, rather than giving you a simple easily digestible moment of comfy catharsis and closure.
>>
>>20473904
I think that's Kamandra
>>
>>20473954
L-gaim has a proper ending. It was quite popular at the time and ran it's full course right?
>>
It's time for EL GAY.
>>
File: The_anime.jpg (253 KB, 500x717)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>20477803
Yes, it ends resolving everything when it was supposed to (54 episode run). I believe the toys and plamo did well. I can only speculate, but whenever I go searching for anime fanzines from the time L-Gaim gets lots of exposure so I think it was popular. Considering that Galient, Galvion, Southern Cross and (I think) God Mazinger all got canceled early that year, making it to 54 episodes as a robot anime in 1984 probably means you are doing something right. My impression is that Tomino's comedic shows tended to do well with both the otaku crowd and the mainstream.
>>
File: out.jpg (400 KB, 800x1124)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>
File: animedia.jpg (270 KB, 970x1280)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>
File: FSS Book VII -76.jpg (267 KB, 1093x1499)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>20477945
A lot of that residual popularity probably gave a good boost to FSS in the early days.
>>
>>20477969
I wonder how well the kadokawa mook sold
>>
File: l-gaimMk2_concepts1.jpg (2.4 MB, 2003x3501)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB JPG
>>
>>20479130
the head looks kind of like the Engage SR1 head put into FSS later.
>>
File: EHkx7C0WkAAgnvV.jpg (692 KB, 1280x1981)
692 KB
692 KB JPG
>>
Gonna bump this, are there any legit subs that are not crabsticky for this? I saw the redhead chick and was smitten by the design, also saw it's Nagano and Tomino in their prime so I expect a really wild ride.
>>
>>20487224
subs are far from perfect as this thread has discussed, but they're definitely not crabstick bad
>>
>>20487464
I've started it, completed episode 2 with the /m/subs/Stargazer subs and it's actually really damn good! Love the characters so far, Daba's a total 80s chad and Kyao's the cool loser you can't help but smile at when he gets rejected by a chick. And the mecha designs are peak Nagano with all those glorious long limbs and exposed cables - a great aestetchic that sadly seems to be dying these days.
>>
It does kind of weaken in that middle point (although the Mk-II is awesome) but I think it picks up again when it starts to delve into the intrigue of that universe’s larger implied narrative around the latter arcs.

Can’t speak for everyone but I totally felt in that latter part that a lot of Nagano’s ideas and bigger concepts started to get compromised by the studio. There’s so much pretty important lore that’s never even addressed in the series (one example of which being the Mk-II’s head being the head of original HM Blood Temple 3, which must have elevated the Amon Duul Stack into such a powerful new HM. They never address how the gang even got that thing, and it must be rare tech. Also there’s a freaking living thing in its forehead. That’s just one thing.) also characters they had big plans for sorta getting shafted.

Even as is I it still worked out to be a solid series (even if it’s ending is a bit of a sucker punch downer) , it’s mecha and a laser gun space western with 80’s flair; but I do think you can definitely feel at one point that they wanted to do so much more than what they ended up getting to do, which just led to the Five Star Stories.
>>
File: mpv-shot0005.jpg (148 KB, 640x480)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>20487581
I've been rewatching it myself after being inspired by this thread. I've gotten about 20 episodes in and it's just as fun as I remember. I actually have been appreciating Nagano's character designs more than his mecha this time around. Not that the HM designs are bad at all. The show has a lot of energy in these early episodes.
I'm wondering if I will appreciate the middle more than I did the first time I watched it.
>>
I wonder if Daba and the Mk-2 being a bonkers broken ace in SRW30’s inspired more to seek out the series out of curiosity lately
>>
File: batshu punch.webm (797 KB, 640x480)
797 KB
797 KB WEBM
>>20487936
I hope so. It's a good show
>>
>>20487895
I think Nagano's designs ended up working so well because on their own they are very simple. But this works as a great palette for a show that wants to shift from very serious to very comedic. You can either keep them very loose and low detail and go hard on the expressive comedic animation, or load them up with extra shadows or lines, and/or increase their solidity and volume to an almost statuesque level to give a sense of realism, and the shifts feel natural because the baseline is so simple. And it helps that Kogawa and his students were masters at all of it and covered so much of the show.
>>
>>20488028
A BD remaster would be nice.
>>
I still want to know why Zeta Gundam is painted like Gavlet
>>
time for L-Gaim everyone
>>
File: Dyn7NMjW0AECKIl.jpg (713 KB, 2514x1838)
713 KB
713 KB JPG
>>
>>20491161
its crazy to think that apparently Nagano originally intended Lecee to pilot the L-Gaim Mk-II instead of Daba.

The more I read about its development, how she develops in the series, and comparing it L-Gaim's apparent equivalent event in the FSS, it does kind of seem like he wanted her to be the main character.
>>
>>20493111
Maybe he was bitter that Lecee got fucked over hard in the show. She ends up leaving the main cast and ends up being a supporting character later on, while her piloting skills go down the shitter despite getting a new heavy metal.
>>
>>20493143

If he was bitter about anything, it was Nei dying such an unceremonious and kind of pathetic death. He had big plans for her too, apparently she was going to turncoat as well in a big way.
>>
>>20493205
Oh, so that's why that happens in SRW.
>>
>>20491161
>he wanted her to be the main character
surely she was more interesting than the boring cardboard Daba's always been, let alone her supposed love rival Amu. I mean, she has even a dedicated OVA
>>
File: 1387895209627.jpg (580 KB, 800x1347)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
>>20493554
I think she was one of the most favoured characters during the time it aired (not just in L-Gaim, but in the general character polls, though Daba was also well liked).
>>
>>20493554

She would be a more interesting main character, but I still like Daba. Maybe it's because in this age of a lot of protagonists being either massively damaged people, shamelessly blatant power fantasy projections with no personality outside of that, or scream at the top of their longs superhumans (and don't get me wrong, characters that fall within any of the above aren't necessarily bad.)he's a bit refreshing. He's a bit milquetoast but not personalityless, he's just a relatively normal guy. Formiddable, but not overpowered. Simple goal, to avenge his family. Reasonable, but makes mistakes. Just tries to do what he thinks is right. Archetypical space opera laser gun hero.

Not saying he's groundbreaking cause he's not, but not every protagonist needs to be complex. And he definitely deserved better in the end.
>>
File: s-l640.jpg (39 KB, 640x501)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>20493143
> while her piloting skills go down the shitter despite getting a new heavy metal

And what a heavy metal it is. I think Novel D'sserd is such a criminally underrated beauty of a design.

It looked like it was meant to transform too, though that's just a guess. Man, Nagano really couldn't get that to stick for Lecee.
>>
>>20493554
>>20495290
Daba feels totally different on the second watch. It becomes obvious that he is a very deceitful person. Sometimes his schemes work and sometimes they don't, but it's hard to piece together on the first try because of how loud the personalities of the people surrounding him are.
>>
File: ECsBrRZU8AE8Yf_.jpg (380 KB, 1538x2048)
380 KB
380 KB JPG
>>20495303
what a great design, shame it didn't get to shine
>>
File: brickworks.jpg (59 KB, 800x1200)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>
>>20495303
>>20496241
It was sad seeing it job in every fight. Having it's debut end with getting an arm torn off while accomplishing nothing was sad, and having it's last fight be it getting ripped to pieces by automated guns was even worse.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.13 MB, 320x240)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB GIF
>>20496314
>>
File: 502236.jpg (580 KB, 1139x1600)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
>>
Merry Christmas
>>
File: mpv-shot0019.jpg (170 KB, 640x480)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>20497773
I just watched that episode too. Have a subs comparison
>>
File: dsserd6es.jpg (66 KB, 640x480)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
were there ever any higher resolution versions of these?
>>
>>20415964
>I'm 30 episodes into L-Gaim, and I'm debating to myself whether or not to drop it. It feels tedious to watch at this point, but I'm already halfway through. What do you think about L-Gaim?
Drop and resume a few months or years from now
>>
>>20416706
Thanks I'll check it out I have and dig the HCM Pro figure
>>
Kaze no No Reply>>>>>>Time for L-Gaim
>>
>>20416888
>make up your own fucking mind bitch, "UMM SHOULD I FINISH THIS" does not merit discussion
Go back to rddit please you discussion police sperg
>>
>>20446246
>it's amazing how everyone has completely clashing thoughts on what Tomino series they enjoy.
U enjoy them all but then again I'm not that dense I suppose
>>20428459
Based
>>
>>20442534
>Full Flat had about 30 but couldn't use all of them.
>
>obsolete
>That's not how it works in L-Gaim, other than the Mk-II pretty much the older it is the stronger it is because civilization is declining. Being mass produced Gayrahm is one of the weaker old HMs so it's only about on the level of an A class though.
Excellent lore right there
>>
>>20459947
>The subs in Dunbine try really badly to emulate "medieval" or "Shakespearean" ("theatrical" even) dialogue and it made the first 10 or so episodes almost a headache to watch.
I enjoyed the ride
>>
File: 1634064162736.jpg (541 KB, 1400x1867)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
>>
>>20500319
Holy ShitL-Gaim calendar wtf
>>
File: 532525small.jpg (169 KB, 1280x925)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>20500477
there's been a bunch of FSS calendars too
>>
Bump. Made it to episode 11. Show's still going really strong and the humor never outstays it's welcome. Also Leccee best girl.
>>
File: mpv-shot0023.jpg (156 KB, 640x480)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>20502252
>Leccee best girl
I've never seen anyone disagree with this. Except for a few people who prefer the fairy
>>
>>20487936
MK-2 Map attack is great, even if it's a straight line.
>>
>>20500477
You never seen a promotional tie-in before?
>>
File: 60346404_p0.jpg (85 KB, 915x1102)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>
File: 1234567890987654321.jpg (898 KB, 2488x1803)
898 KB
898 KB JPG
>>
File: 1160402246908_G.jpg (221 KB, 600x800)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>
>>20491161
>>20493111
>>20493143
>>20493205
The whole thing of him being unsatisfied with l.gaim and making his own semi take on the story and how he’s overprotective of his works is starting to make a lot more sense to me now
>>
File: FHngQ6xVcAAG4Pn.jpg (1.24 MB, 1255x1384)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>20415964
Bump. Some nice Dabas.
>>
Just a reminder all the mechs in L-Gaim are solar powered and a lot of them have rubber in their armor.
>>
>>20505137
He wasn't really unsatisfied, though he wanted more work done on it near the end when everyone had started on Zeta Gundam. Apparently that book was his ideas about it, but he regards L-Gaim primarily as a Tomino work.
>>
>>20505764
the characters are also made of rubber as you see things like Amu getting dropped from halfway up a HM and then gets up and runs along as if nothing happened.
>>
>>20505764
Is this real or is this just a meme response that's been going round from earlier in the year.
>>
>>20507257
It might be to do with the ezlaser engine from FSS which is described something like "semi-permanent photon conversion external combustion engine that generates power for the whole MH. With a maximum instantaneous output over one trillion horsepower"
>>
>>20507247
Yeah it's a cartoon.
>>
>>20507257
Nope, heavy metals use solar power as their fuel source and some are stated to have a layer of rubber in their armor. It's on either the Japanese Wikipedia article or the SRW JP Wiki.
>>
Was Gothicmade ever subbed? Can't find that shit anywhere.
>>
>>20507331
The solar power thing does come up in the show. There's an episode where the cast is taking a route without sunlight while Giwaza's is taking a normal route. When they fight, the main cast barely has energy since they were out of the sun for too long.
>>
>>20507412
I watched L-Gaim back when it was mostly crabsticks, no wonder that part didn't stick out to me. Sorry, anon.
>>
>>20507399
it doesn't even have a home release
>>
>>20507491
Kinda wished Nagano would tour the thing internationally if he reveres it as a masterpiece.
>>
>>20507494
Is it still being shown in theaters on the Moon or has Covid defeated it?
>>
>>20507507
Prolly is since Moonfolk haven't caved in completely to the memeflu like Burgerland did
>>
>>20507491
Really? The fuck.
>>
>>20507494
He probably regards it as not worth the effort because he would have to negotiate licensing it and distribution, not to mention the translation, and it's likely to lose money overseas as FSS doesn't have the big presence it does in Japan.
>>
>>20507507
I think it is, though it's not very common
>>
Just watched it, the Five Star Stories movie is pretty good. I assume there's less powerlevel fagging as the series goes on?
>>
File: FSS Book 1 -070.jpg (432 KB, 1096x1500)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
>>20513509
I don't know what you mean exactly, but for FSS most of the more ridiculous sounding stuff is confined to the timeline, which is almost entirely not depicted in the manga.
>>
>>20513597
Wasn't expecting the Poland one.
>>
File: FSS Book X -38.jpg (1.22 MB, 2191x1499)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>20513597
I think he's referring to the KOG's swift curb stomp made against 3 enemy MH. In which case, yeah, FSS is pretty guilty of powerlevel wank since some arcs seem like Nagano shilling out whichever MH design he is most proud of.
>>
>>20513509
>>20513597
>>20513607
I remember reading the timeline/notes in the first volume and he does everything to indirectly say the Knight Of Gold is a god-machine
>>
File: FSS Book 1 -078.jpg (458 KB, 1096x1500)
458 KB
458 KB JPG
>>20513618
He pretty much does, but like the other guy said there's more love given to whatever is Nagano's favorite design of the moment. KOG, and even Sopp and Lachesis, don't show up that much throughout the manga.
>>
File: EhlI-FoXgAAd3g8.jpg (77 KB, 640x960)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
jkL-Gaim is worth watching for the first OP and this dude.
>>
File: lewd.jpg (675 KB, 1280x1845)
675 KB
675 KB JPG
What did Tomino mean by this
>>
>>20514029
wait until you see the ovas
>>
>>20514029
Why do you think Daba and Gablae never scored with any actual woman despite being quite handsome and strong lads
>>
File: FSS Book 2 -061.jpg (675 KB, 1092x1500)
675 KB
675 KB JPG
>>20513602
Pretty sure that was just thrown in there so he could draw Lachesis holding an StG 45
>>
>>20513607
>>20513618
The first battle in the manga, LED Mirage vs Vatshu, is meant to show what most normal fights are like, to highlight the curb-stomp battle KOG has later.
In terms of normal machines, the Siren is regarded as one of the best by people living in the setting at the time, but one of those machines that KOG curbstomped (and it's pilot) beat a small squad of Sirens through his skills, so I think it's this:
- most normal MH are comparable in power, and victory usually depends more on the skill of the pilot/fatima duo, though the power of the machine / how well the machine is designed can put you at an advantage
- KOG (and a couple of others) are literal god machines that don't fight with the same rules
>>
>>20462213
>>20461756
floof overload
FLOOF OVERLOAD!
>>
File: 1634063128538.jpg (196 KB, 900x619)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>
>>20513647
a lot was planned in advance though as the Christine arc was way later but her art was popping up really early on, like in the concepts for the gainax ova.
>>
>>20505737
which is the best Daba?
>>
>>20520504
Kogawa or Kitazume
>>
>>20520504
Sakamoto by far
>>
File: l-gaimgirl.jpg (53 KB, 640x480)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>
>>20514606
>LED Mirage vs Vatshu, is meant to show what most normal fights are like
Neither are normal machines and that was definitely not a normal fight, both LED Mirage and Vatshu are canonically top tier machines, it's just that Nagano doesn't really plan ahead in FSS so Mortar Headds vary wildly in power levels as the plot or Nagano's boner requires, KOG gets extra Gary Stu privileges because it's fucking KOG.
>>
>>20522020
remember that fight was in the future, and technically the LED Mirage has a much more powerful engine (though Vatshu may have been retrofitted by then), but they're both more even. It was a far more 'ordinary' fight than the KOG one.
Remember Decors beat 'top tier' Sirens in his Devonshire too.
>>
>>20513597
the KOG is sleeping in the baltic sea RIGHT NOW?
>>
File: tsukuda slg l-gaim chits.jpg (766 KB, 2364x1565)
766 KB
766 KB JPG
>>20523985
Can any Polish/Swedish/Latvian anons confirm?
>>
File: pic22822_md.jpg (47 KB, 362x500)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>20525138
Is the game fully scanned? Does it play like an Avalon Hill?
>>
>>20525723
Not scanned, I got these images of mandarake. I might buy it from there and if I do it wouldn't be too hard to scan, I imagine.
The Gundam ones tsukuda made seem pretty close to Panzerblitz and the like, this one looks a little different though.
I'm actually kind of blown away by how many of these SLGs Tsukuda Hobby made. Really curious how the Ideon, Gorg, and Urusei Yatsura ones play
>>
Does anybody else wish they actually had Fatimas in L-Gaim since we saw their silhouettes in the Mark 2 and Original Auge?
>>
>>20514006
>Fall in love with girl on first sight, swear to protect her
>Betray your faction twice for her
>Join your rival in fighting the immortal dictator of the known universe, all for her
>Break up with your waifu five minutes after saving her
What a King, Gablae was
>>
File: REEEEEEEE.jpg (264 KB, 1492x1080)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>20526775
Gablae is by all means a proto-Mashymre but I prefer Mashy for the simple reason he stayed loyal to his faction to the very end.
>>
>>20525791
were there a handful of games?
>>
File: 0000054040_3.jpg (368 KB, 1600x1174)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
>>20527892
On Mandarake? The only ones in stock were L-Gaim, Xabungle, HnK and the Gundam one focusing on the final battle. There were a lot of others but they are all sold out.
If you want to browse for yourself: https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/listPage/list?keyword=Tsukuda%20Hobby%20SLG&lang=en
The Gundam one comes with an absolute load of counters.
>>
>>20520504
Kitazune, then Omori and why not, Endo
>>
Which Kadokawa books have those weird alternative l-gaim stories?
>>
>>20520504
Kobayashi and Kitazume, Kobayashi make the best nomral Daba and Kita make the original Daba.
>>
>>
>>20415964
There is a big reason why it didn't had sequels.
Unlike Gundam, Macross, Code Geass, Evangelion....
>>
File: lgaim lp.jpg (238 KB, 1001x1000)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
L-Gaim had some nice record covers
>>
File: aron_ii_1280.jpg (937 KB, 1280x2028)
937 KB
937 KB JPG
>>
I just started watching. You are right, these subs are shitty.
>>
File: 01000228467.jpg (53 KB, 385x500)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>
File: maria-flosser-fatima.jpg (1.3 MB, 3024x4032)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>
>>20472752
Most of them live.
>>
>>20533712
FSS is a spiritual sequel. The setting in both are basically the same and are both by Nagano, and FSS has been going since the late 80s without end.
>>
>>20536119
What a slut.
>>20505764
Not the dumbest form of energy generation used by mechs.

Are there any good/cheap plamo kits for this series? I want a Graia.
>>
File: graia.jpg (176 KB, 656x1354)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>20538936
Mostly only old kits except for L-Gaim, Mk II, A-Taul, and Original Aug. The old kits aren't that bad imo, and they are pretty cheap, but they need a bit of work
>>
>>20539961
the Novelle D-Sserd was probably the best of the old kits.
>>
>>20533712
Not everything needs a sequel

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.