[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1637002057149.jpg (974 KB, 1920x1080)
974 KB
974 KB JPG
AMAIM Warrior at the Borderline

I really like this episode
>>
File: Ghost 2.jpg (446 KB, 1922x3159)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
Rate Ghost's new form.
>>
>>20374522
Needs more arms.
>>
Ghost is definitely gonna end up hijacking blue and yellow in the final fight
>>
>Brad is a jobber
Kek
>>
>>20374522
sexy sub arms
>>
>>20374579
He won the fight didn’t he? It’s Ghost that’s the actual jobber, it lost both times it showed up
>>
File: Ep 7 fight.jpg (183 KB, 1920x1080)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
What are your personal feelings on the episode?
>>
>>20374522
I dunno, I kinda liked the old form more. The assymetry was threatening, and the back pods looked like thrusters. Now that we know they're dinky sub arms it's not as threatening.

What I was impressed by were the USA mecha, so far they're the only ones aside from the yellow main mech with flight capabilities. Sure they're limited, but they're still armored core boosting all over the place while the other nations are stuck to slow walking like the chinese or bunnyhopping like the australians
>>
>>20374522
RAPE/10
>>20374665
It showed that Brad would be definitively THE rival to the trio, but Ghost here is becoming more of a beast in a fight. It's evolving and now it can jam weapons and hijack vehicles.
>>
>>20374677
>Now that we know they're dinky sub arms it's not as threatening.
For dinky sub-arms they sure pack enough pressure to break a sword.
>>
>>20374694
that's just because they're made out of glorious nipponium folded a thousand times, while the americans were flying MP units. Look at the things, they're practically hollow. You're telling me they can fit strong enough motors there to crush an arm twice as thick while still leaving room for the folding mechanism? Besides, their use seems extremely limited. How often are you in a double armlock that you need to pull out extra arms to help you? Why not just turn on the power claws and slice through his arms anyways? Sure they can hold guns, but why not just have gun mounts in the first place?
Also the new head is uglier, from the preview it looked like it had getter/griffon ears, but it¿s more like thick eyebrows
I do like the jamming system, because it's very similar to a technology we have IRL on some tanks, like the russian T-90
>>
>>20374665
Best one yet easily
>>
>>20374704
>that's just because they're made out of glorious nipponium folded a thousand times
We don't know ANYTHING about this mechanical monstrosity. Who build it, why was it build and so on. Was it indeed build in Japan? Was it build outside of the country and someone smuggled it in and set on RAPE EVERYTHING IN SIGHT?
Maybe as time passes we will know something, but at the moment it's one giant enigma that is set on murderously violating everyone who has AMAIM.
>>
>>20374579
The Brads bradied pretty good, they only lost the nigger.
>>
>>20374665
I quite liked the combat, it reminded me a bit to Front Mission ones. I wish the show had a better plot tough.
>>
>>20374718
and their entire manned dropship squad
>>
so far, the burgers had the most fatalities among their military personnel in the series.
>>
>>20374809
because they've been the only retards to use manned craft. Which was more or less pintless since they could still be taken over, and they witched to AI control halfway through. Even the winning shot was taken by an AI on autopilot.

i'd say the rebels have lost more people so far though, the Ghost's raid killed at least everyone on onee-san's jeep, probably more people all over the base
>>
>>20374516
>Episode 6 focuses on the girl pilot coming in guns blazing and completely BTFOing the Oceanina and Asian Armies.
>Next episode she gets some small dialogue
>Shift gears to not!Graham actually doing something for once, 7 episodes in.
>Actually a pretty decent battle though.
This anime suffers from dogshit pacing, I'll say that much.
>>
I-LeS plushies where? They're so cute!
>>
>>20374809
They're winning the optics war and seem have better tactics. So far Asia and Oceania just sent AI jobber bots with no support. I'm curious if they'll actually pull out things like air support ever or if we'll even see an open battle between the factions at all. Oceania and Asia fuck with eachother but the US faction and Russia don't seem to be involved in too much conflict outside of hunting Ghost.
>>
File: Ep 7 ghost.webm (1.63 MB, 1280x720)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB WEBM
>>
File: 1614745276521.webm (2.72 MB, 960x540)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB WEBM
>>20374926
wait a minute, those wires...
>>
>>20374943
Those kinds of weapons are nothing new in mecha. Gawain back in Code Geass was using them, but they've been around for far longer
>>
File: Ghost vs Brady.webm (2.94 MB, 800x450)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>
>>20374949
those guns have incredibly inconsistent functionality. Sometimes they fire in full auto and plink off the ghost, sometimes they fire in semi auto and can punch right though the thickest part of the armor. Do they work on videogame weapon logic?
>>
File: Kyoukai Senki shot.webm (2.7 MB, 1280x720)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB WEBM
>>
>>20374954
>I lived bitch
Well, this 100% confirms it's unmanned for all the doubters. I wonder where the CPU is though, it got its head ripped off and was still functioning with a red glow coming from the torso, but now it gets shot through the torso and still works. Unless the bullet didn't fully penetrate, or it missed every component of the CPU?
>>
this anime is really bad
>>
File: Aighting.webm (1.8 MB, 1280x720)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB WEBM
>>
File: pathetic brady.png (277 KB, 555x719)
277 KB
277 KB PNG
I actually enjoyed this episode. Finally, baddies aren't just ebil gaijin but have actual humanity. Also, I like to think that Brady-mechas are named after Tom Brady. We also need a Manning-class now.
>>
File: vietnamdolan.jpg (132 KB, 892x895)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
The leader and the weapon's dealer just look evil. I'm pretty sure they'll become the "twist" villains.
>>
>>20374990
>twist
he's one episode away from his fight to the death with Spike Spiegel, of course he's evil
>>
>>20374869
Make the anime all about NCA and other factions. They're much more interesting than any resistance shit.
>>
>>20374951
we call them plot rounds
>>
File: Shion.webm (886 KB, 1920x1080)
886 KB
886 KB WEBM
>>
>>20374990
His first line is about how he wants to use the war to make money, they’re no twist about it
>>
>>20374990
lord of war?
>>
>>20375009
This caught me off guard, it's the first time they use this kind of animation. Someone in the staff must really love her.
>>20375016
You are now imagining the netflix adaptation with Nic Cage playing this guy
>>
File: Ghost 2.webm (2.94 MB, 960x540)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>
>>20374958
Redundant processors in different parts of the body are a possibility. It falls over when shot, seemingly feigning its demise as it later gets up. It is possible to interpret that reaction as the main computer going down, then pausing for a few moments as backup controls come online.
>>
>>20374522
I liked the old head more, but the rest is cool
>>
>US, Russia, China, and fucking Australia active in Japan
>EU nowhere to be seen
Given that the arms dealer is the only euro we've seen, I'm gonna assume they're intentionally not there so they can sell shit to all sides
>>
File: Firing.webm (2.08 MB, 1280x720)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB WEBM
>>
>>20374951
>>20375007

Just came from this episode. I don't know how Ghost did it but I assume Brad simply swtiched his AMAIM's rifle, as well as Roger's, for semi-auto and we just didn't see it for pacing reasons.
>>
File: Ep 7 Shiba.jpg (119 KB, 1920x1080)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
Interpret his feelings
>>
>>20375511
shinji but being a fraction of the bitch openly
>>
File: Yoinks your gun.webm (2.99 MB, 960x540)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB WEBM
>>
>>20375731
I let out a chuckle at that one

>We've got it surrounded!
>Nope ~ Surprise
>Gun... MINE

You were saying?
>>
File: Kyoukai Senki walking.webm (1.29 MB, 1920x1080)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB WEBM
>>
Black guy dies at the start. every. single. time.
>>20374665
This episode's fight scene is considerably better than all the ones before it, though it still is a bit wack. Like they sort of just watched ghost slowly go up to the last aircraft and let it fly off before doing anything about it. Also the pilots were surprised their rockets were jammed for some reason. Do they not have any dumb rockets in case of jammers?
The only gaijin portrayed positively has almost the exact same perspective as the resistance which is pretty boring.
Honestly stopped giving a crap about the MC and his little gang.
This is also the episode where I lost all hope for this show being any more interesting unless they pull some thing that flips the current script and flow of the show completely.

For the overall show so far it feels like the writers have an incredibly poor understanding of history and tyranny as if they read a summary of bad things that happened in gundam seed.
>>
>>20374921
The Russians and the USA fought in episode 2.
>>
>>20376166
I thought that was a training exercise.
>>
>>20375917
I honestly think they just don't care, the entire show gives off the feeling the staff didn't actually want to make the kind of show it's obligated to be.
>damn we had to put more than 5 minutes of military content and fighting instead of Japanese SoL and tourism in this episode
>well you know what that means next episode!

That's not even the funniest bit involving helicopters though, I think my thought process went like this
>why are these cannon fodder fucks engaging with their helicopters when one of them just got completely btfo
>wait they're in fucking helicopters they can just sit in the air and shoot it with their autocannon until it (maybe) dies
>fly hilariously close and all get hit by a CQB weapon
Kids today literally can not make mecha fight scenes, it's legitimately depressing. We have like 10 years until everyone left that can retires and there is never a good one made again. Nevermind I've seen visual novels with better animation than Ghost shrinking and then fading into the sky.

Oh well tumblr hair girl jumped straight to the best character in the show as soon as she started talking, so there's that at least.

>>20375457
Semi-auto doesn't make physical ammo guns stronger unless you're playing Border Break.
>>
>>20376168
unmanned drone fights are of course unspectacular, but it was a normal border conflict.
>>
Anyone know if the kits have been selling well?
>>
File: bans62945_0.jpg (196 KB, 1305x1305)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
i want the kit now
>>
File: 4_ZJKl5u.jpg (107 KB, 1000x1000)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>20376331
>>
>>20374522
I like the arms
>>
This show being 2d is the only thing keeping it barely afloat because the characters, plot, and writing sure aren't. If this show was cgi no one would care about it.
>>
>Can't sleep until introduced to mechas
>Can autistically imagine mecha battles
>Can also predict a mecha's appearance without seeing it
>Prefers to pilot instead of remote control
>Gets his own custom mech
>Can pilot more than 1 mecha
Is he /ourguy/?
>>
>>20376631
yes and?
>>
>>20376788
He's going to turn into MISTA BUSHIDO after Amou dies at the end of S1 isn't he?
>>
>>20376209
>>
>>20376826
>>
>>20376817

>He's going to turn into MISTA BUSHIDO
He'll definitely be one since
>Loves japanese snacks
>Doesn't condone colonizing the elevens
>Dual wield swords
>Certified /m/fag

>end of S1
Did they planned a S2? I doubt we'll get S2 unless the kits sells like hotcakes
>>
>>20376788
I thought they were gonna pull a Mcgillis with his backstory. Who the hell adopts so many little kids unless they're a pedo?
>>
>>20376920
Childless rich people?
>>
>>20376920
>Who the hell adopts so many little kids unless they're a pedo?
Celebrities or religious types.
>>
File: 10801806b5.jpg (148 KB, 1200x1200)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>20374677
they were thrusters
>>
>>20377180
it never used them in-show so we couldn't be certain. Maybe they were early versions of the jammers, those certainly don't look like thrusters. Maybe they're just radiators
>>
>>20376209
I’d argue improper asymmetrical force portrayal has always been a problem in Japanese mecha. I think the only ones that really come to mind is stuff like VOTOMS or Dougram, and maybe in the more simulation based Gundam games. Other than those, from a toy standpoint marketers wouldnt want their model kit sales to job to a helicopter or a plane and it’s not exactly as “interesting” (subjective standpoint or marketing standpoint) as watching two robots beat eachother up
>>
>>
>>20377842
where did the gun come from? Suddenly he reaches offscreen and is holding a gun
>>
>>20377882
Apparently he managed to throw it several hundred meters through the air so it spun 180 degrees and landed at the exact right time because he's magic and his robot has a fucking gigacannon throwing arm.
>>
>>20374522
holy shit it's bardiel
>>
This is what happens when you leave Britney alone.
>>
If they know it can run out of power, why didn't they just blow up every entrance and trap it in for good, then come back later when it is depowered?
>>
>>20378111
Because someone else might come in and take it first
>>
File: Little Brad.jpg (390 KB, 1280x720)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
>>
>>20378236
/gs/
>>
Shion kinda looks like a male, why? She's ugly as fuck. Is this done on purpose?
>>
>>20378429
More like she has the body of a 12 year old boy. Seriously, give her some curves or a bust.
>>
File: Ghost eyes.jpg (208 KB, 1280x720)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>
In the end, it was the dumb AI from the negro's manned robot that won the day, and not the 2'000'000 IQ super-pilot with hyper-retrocognition who could pilot three robots at the same time.

If even dumb run-of-the-mill retard AI is better than a hypergenius-pilot to fight the hyper-super-battle GHOST AI, then humanity literally stands no chance.
This means unlimited profits, guys.
>>
>>20376788
So which Code Geass characters in Britannia is he gonna team up with in SRW? Jeremiah and Villetta or Cornelia and her knights?
>>
>>20378522
The head looks so much cooler in this shot than what we got
>>
>>20378805
I'm pretty sure Brad was controlling that bot too, which is why he says "sorry to disgrace your death". As in, "puppeting your corpse feels disrespectful"
>>
>>20376788
They had to make him a custom to fit his giant balls in the cockpit.
>>
>>20376209

>I honestly think they just don't care, the entire show gives off the feeling the staff didn't actually want to make the kind of show it's obligated to be.

I have to agree that this late into the show the staff are really not nailing a real robot atmosphere well. For me personally, it has to do with the fact that everything in this show is just generic Japan and there is little to no signs at all of Japan changing due to economic turmoil or military occupation. The only things we see is that downtown Tokyo contains a lot of obviously different skyscrapers, which is obviously a fairly weak change since its still layed out like Tokyo is now. The other issue is that the plot and characters so far feel very cartoony despite some hints of depth. I think the issue is that the stakes seem very low in most of the combat, and the super AI basically make the main characters redundant. They do nothing but go from place to place, the AI solves any roadblocks, and occasionally they get in a robot and fight where once again the AI does alot of the actual work. This could be fine if the show went anywhere interesting in the plot or characterization, but its all so by the book and standard it just feels phoned in. I get the feeling from the high kit sales and low ratings (this is like 26th for the season on anikore so its getting a similarly muted reception in Japan) that Bandai wanted to work with a new mechanical designer to make a fresh kit line and then decided to make an anime to promote the designs. The designs are probably the show's only good part right now.
>>
>>20376954
The definition is the same
>>
>>20379089
If the kits are selling well than the show is a success regardless.

I personally feel though that the show has been fine so far and that it will be improving as it goes.
>>
>>20376209
Isnt kyoukai senki made by a completely new studio as a subsidary of sunrise under the name sunrise beyond?
Like other people have theorised, I think they made the show as bland and somewhat safe as it is to let the animators learn how to animate rather than pushing the limits of animation, so dont lose hope yet.
>>
>>20375355
Unlike those directly engaged, EU's on the other side of the continent with no direct nautical access to Japan.

I'm guessing China's involved to boost its 9-dash line claims, turn the SCS into its private pond & take out its eternal butthurt towards Japan, Russia wants a port that's further east than Vladivostok, America's being America & Australia was invited in but had a falling out with the US after the coal billionaires took over or something.
>>
>>20379474
>Isnt kyoukai senki made by a completely new studio as a subsidary of sunrise under the name sunrise beyond?
No, it's not even the first one as that business entity.
>>
File: Marsfour.webm (2.96 MB, 960x540)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
>>20379843
>>20379474
>>
>>20379474
Pretty sure Kyoukai Senki is designed to be a simple, back to basics robot show with the intention to make it approachable to viewers new to the genre and try to grow Sunrise's market share with younger (mostly teen) viewers. Honestly I think the series is fine with that in mind. It feels like it has better direction and more character than something like Buddy Complex.
>>
>>20379919
Those are some really flimsy excuses for being shitty.
>>
>>20379953
If you really think this qualifies as shitty you should probably watch more show. It's totally middle of the road at worse, and honestly the production is decent enough that I would probably call it somewhat above average. It feels embarrassing that most of the complaints in these threads are dumb shit that applies to nearly every robot show ever like "Why are there dumb mascot characters?", "Why is the main character a bland teenager?" and "Why do the main robots have shameless plot armor?" The only complaints that really land are that the setting could indeed use more development.
>>
>>20379843
I see, my bad.
>>
>>20379975
People really need to shut the fuck up and just watch more anime if they think this show is bad.
>>
At least Kyoukai Senki is doing what Gundam almost stopped doing: giant* robots used in militaristic ways doing war stuff and the enemy is mostly humans and not aliens.

*10m as giant is debatable. Lack of words to describe robots bigger than humans that you can pilot directly inside of it.
>>
I'm trying really hard to enjoy this show for the hand drawn mechs, but the story and characters are really boring and dumb.
>>
>>20375355
>>20379677
I assumed EU was part of Eurasia
>>
>>20374665
Why did the last bullet pierce the Ghost's armor like that?
>>
>>20381714
It targeted the joint
>>
>>20381724
The joint in the center of its chest?
>>
>>20381349
>At least Kyoukai Senki is doing what Gundam almost stopped doing: giant* robots used in militaristic ways doing war stuff and the enemy is mostly humans and not aliens.
what?
>>
>>20381794
Was my english so shit?
I want 10 to 20 meters tall robots being used like tanks in a war.
I want humans having war against humans.

I don't want GaoGaiGar, Getter Robo or Mazinger Z.
I want Aldnoah Zero (At least the martians are humans from earth), Gundam, V Gundam, Hathaway's flash, Argevollen, and stuff like that.
>>
>>
>>20381714
Brad loaded his entire squad's guns with tracers, as a joke. Only the last bullet in each mag was real
>>
>>20381866
That Brad is such a little scamp.
>>
>>20381699
Why the fuck would Europe be part of Eurasia, which is used as an alternate name for Russia? Japan isn't part of Asia (read China) either, after all.
>>
>>20381925
In diet world building for anime they tend to do that just for geographical proximity and because they don't care. Gundam Seed did the same.
>>
>>20381831
I think that the problem is bigger than that: they are basically stopping doing mecha anime with very few exception like Gundam. Even for Kyoukai Senki the stars needed to align (big model kits push for new stuff are rare nowadays) to enter in production.
>>
>>20381714
It's an ending for the fight. Let's put it like this. You can also imagine that he was close enough to perforate Ghosts armor...which then again doesn't make sense because the thing was shown taking multiple shots at point blank with no visible damage few episode ago. It's like Gundam Wing: weapons do damage when the script say so.
>>
File: chara-sofia.png (239 KB, 750x750)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
>>20381190
I think you should watch more anime instead of just the pile of dogshit you're apparently used to.

Shion is supposed to be a main character that has joined the core cast and has been in the show for two episodes. This is all we know about her
>her grandfather's kiln got knocked down by chincs
>she has naginata training
>she cried once
Still barely in the show, still doesn't even really have a defined personality. Don't even know why she's here at this point except because they need her to appear before the plamo of her and her robot come out.

But I mean that's not even the most egregious thing. There's an entire scene to establish Sofia Louis as a super skilled hotshot pilot that doesn't want to take orders from Brad. In a competent show this would be a setup for her to go lone wolf and cause issues in the fight later in the episode and they would have her skill as a unique counterpart to Brad's superhuman tactical judgment, but as it turns out it serves literally no purpose because we can't even tell which Brady Hound she's piloting except for the scene very early in the fight where Brad deflects the wire darts and she becomes an unconditionally loyal and devoted grunt who is less useful as a pilot than Bigdick McGee remote controlling her robot for her.

That's not a bad production schedule, low budget, cramming 10 light novels into 12 episodes or those kinds of things that usually bring down the quality of a robot anime, it's just garbage writing and direction. Even cute girls doing cute things tourism ads can get this kind of shit right, Kyoukai Senki's only saving grace is being so fucking bland that it won't piss you off unless you think about it more than you will care to and being kind of well animated.
>>
>>20381714
I think it's armor was weaker there, Ghost was trying to block shots.
>>
>>20382314
It makes no sense to have the weakest armor where you should put the strongest armor. Did the designers really give it a big weakpoint in the center of mass?
>>
File: chara-german.png (209 KB, 750x750)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
>>
File: mecha-stork.png (238 KB, 1080x742)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
>>
File: chara-udou.png (194 KB, 750x750)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
>>
File: chara-joe.png (217 KB, 750x750)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>
>>20383317
This guy looks like a vampire.
>>
>>20382262
How many episodes is this planned for again? I still expect episode 12 to kill Shion off.
>>
>>20383590
25 episodes
>>
>>20383617
Expect Shion to die in Episode 12.
>>
>>20383622
Amou will be the one dying
>>
>>20376788
Whats his endgame? Is he gonna pull of a Char?
>>
>>20383635
Amou is the main protagonist here, and after Shion dies in the middle of the story, he and Gashin will fight each other. Amou will be the last one alive at the end of the story.
>>
>>20383648
They're already setting up Amou as a martyr that dies the symbol of the revolution
>>
>>20383667
The series is too toothless to pull something like that. Only irrelevant, motivational or obviously evil characters are going to die. You can literally spot potential victims at first glance.
>>
>>20383708
Yeah, and Amou is one

Of course he’ll probably come back somehow
>>
>>20383708
That's racist
>>
>>20383722
Yeah, and it will make a lot more sense to kill off just about anyone, not just villains, but possibly the protagonists as well. It's still more likely to kill off Shion, but if someone keeps pushing Amou's death and put her in the Kenbu after, then fuck it.
>>
>>20383740
Shion is too marketable to kill, if anyone dies it’ll be one of the boys
>>
>>20383799
This is where you're wrong. The marketable girl will be the one to die as false hope.
>>
>>20383799
>>20383851
you know the show is shit when we are discussing if a character will die for a cheap shock plot twist or live for profits.
>>
>>20383381
>V-22 +50%
>>
The North American commander looks like Andross.
>>
Is it me or do the full versions of the opening song I can find all sound muffled or crappy quality?
>>
>>20386125
Looks like it just recently got released, if it's on nipponsei it'll probably be in better quality.
>>
>>20374990
Ah, we L-Gaim now
>>
>>20374973
lack of fan art of them doing crazy things is disappointing.
>>
https://twitter.com/HobbyJapan_MAG/status/1461262784750968834
>>
>>20386213
Arms dealer man is secretly also the President of the US and Chairman of China
>>
File: Kyoukai Senki manga.jpg (114 KB, 680x453)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>
File: Episode 7 Ghost.webm (2.91 MB, 640x360)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>
File: Ghost eyes.webm (509 KB, 1920x1080)
509 KB
509 KB WEBM
>>
Stop bumping 2 threads you fucking faggot
>>
>>20387801
Tell that to the other thread, this is for the most recent episode
>>
File: Brad Watt.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>
File: Gashin eyes closed.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>
>>20387801
I have to second this, this thread is the only one we need right now. /m/ has a serious problem with ghost bumping.
>>
>>20390423
The people bumping the other threads aren't even continuing any discussion from those threads, just reposting images and such.

We only need the threads for the most recent episode
>>
>>20374665
First episode that I feel actually wants to engage with what a colonial occupation by multiple foreign powers would be like. Different writer than the previous ones though, and the usual guy is coming back so not got much hope for what's to come.
>>
File: 1563126895820.jpg (8 KB, 250x250)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>see this being posted on /m/, decide to look it up
>just another "japan gets invaded, foreigners are ebil!!!!1!" plot
what do you see in this?
>>
File: FEi0aOvaUAIeqL1.jpg (402 KB, 1816x1816)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>>
File: FEi0aO6aMAQVFg4.jpg (511 KB, 1816x1816)
511 KB
511 KB JPG
>>
>>20392095
Cool robots, why else? I also find it hilarious how stupid this show's setting is. Fucking Australia being a major world power, Russians occupying Nipland for some reason.
>>
>>20392095
people were desperate for some 2D mecha anime, so they defend this kiddy garbage
>>
I still hope that the lumpy mascot AIs turn out to have been imprisoned for war crimes but now are unleashed
>>
>>20392095
>what do you see in this?
Cool mechs, cool fights, has consistently gotten better.
>>
>>20393214
animation and art are garbage, battle choreography is atrocious with the upgraded tanking everything until it's downed by a single shot from the same gun that was ineffective before.
>>
>>20393217
I just disagree, I Like the animation and the mechs. Don't care much for the MC tough. Also I don't give a shit about japanese jingoism, americans are way, way worse at that.
>>
File: FEXHiMYacAIORf4.jpg (104 KB, 1200x675)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>
>>20393217
one of the rounds must have got past its armour and did something.
>>
>>20393112
>this kiddy garbage
nobody tell him...
>>
Since Gashin is Shadow and Amou is Tails, who is Sonic?
>>
File: 1uwabd.jpg (220 KB, 1439x1316)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>20393217
>>20394186
>>20381714
Pretty sure ghost just played dead from his shot to just leave, just like ghost teased self destructing to just leave

My point is that ghost appears to be an asshole who just kinda leaves fights because fuck this shit I'm out. Which may imply his objective is just cause chaos and destroying but not completely wiping all teams or bases out

He killed 1 guy wiped their support and then bailed because notgraham's autism of controlling multiple machines at once like that threw him off like how in certain fighting games if you hand your friend the controller for the final boss because the game got used to how you play and your inputs your friends different playstyle completely throws the ai off

I do look foward to when ghost and MC's mech armor is less OP but that usually takes a bit in most mecha where it occurs so fair enough how long did it take in 0079 again before shit could actually pierce the gundam again?
>>
>>20395111
I'm pretty sure Ghost is even more intelligent than he appears. I think he prioritizes escape over fighting. It seems want to make sure it can't be captured.
It depends on whether its existence is intentional or something gone rogue. If the former, it wouldn't want to be traced back to its creator.

We'll probably find out a connection to either the Euro company or the AI creator
>>
>>20395111
How does pretending make bullets go through your armor exactly
>>
File: ghost.jpg (434 KB, 1500x1500)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
>>20395111
>>20395519
It's all the fucking G*rmans. They're using Ghost to gather data for a next-generation OS and mass-produced I-LeS to go with the next-generation mechs they're going to be producing. Japan is perfect; Ghost can start shit with the militaries of any of four global powers at any time and then scamper back across a border to lick its wounds plus if the krauts are the same ones covering the terrorists' ass with cyber-warfare they're probably collecting all of the telemetry live so losing Ghost just means they have to smuggle in another one and act like nothing happened. Hell, probably the only reason that they even gave Yatagarasu those MAILeS in the first place is so that Ghost could go collect combat data against units with comparable capabilities. Once the data is gathered and new units are ready to roll out they'll go sell them to the highest bidder and shrug when the rebels get flattened. On a side note, the plamo makes makes me think that Ghost always had those harpoon tentacle things in its claw arm but elected not to use them in its fight against Amou and Gashin.

I'll be interested to see how much of this is right and if so how much anyone knows. Despite the generally limp characterization so far, it would be an interesting twist if the Yatagarasu brass was actually in on the entire plan and entered this faustian agreement anyway just for the chance to get their hands on some next-gen machines and do some damage in the hope of changing something before everyone upgrades and they lose their advantage.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (33 KB, 480x480)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>20396653
The same way ghost can just meld fucking anything onto himself and it just works instantly
nanomachines son
>>
File: cans.png (252 KB, 458x697)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>>
>>20392095
Alot of people here seem to shit on the show. I just watch the show to laugh at how bad it is at this point. Gives me something to do every week.
>>
File: Kyoukai Trio.jpg (273 KB, 1920x1080)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>
Wow, look at all that poverty. And the bastards even put clouds over the japanese part of the city to block the sun and give them vitamin D deficit, how can they be so evil? By the way, does the director like pottery? Kazuki's father makes it too in Fafner.
>>
>>20399084
It's actually like Midgar but the giant sun blocking plate is off camera duh
>>
It's nice to have a mecha title that has an action scene every episode. When was the last time this was even a thing? Buddy Complex?
>>
>>20399084
>Kazuki's father makes it too in Fafner.
Probably worth noting that Kazuki and his father's usual failure to work clay seems to represent their inability (or fear thereof) to function in a civilian world outside of their roles as soldiers.

I wonder if the idea in this is to illustrate that the girl isn't cut out to be a soldier. It would fit with her breaking down and crying in her introduction. Would also contrast how Amou seems to like the thrill of fighting, but also seems worried about what that says about him as a person.
>>
File: FEjFchMagAA__RW.jpg (313 KB, 1920x1080)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
>>
>>20399175
Dynazenon. Which was only five months ago.
>>
>>20402421
It was also Trigger trash tat ruined Gridman.
>>
>ghost has 4 arms in the OP now
you love to see it
>>
>>20399175
You spoke too son
>>
Cons:
They had a perfectly good opportunity to have mechs doing civil work like in Turn A and they fucking blew it
No Brad
Pros:
Arguably the best Gai scene so far with the pile bunker
I’m kind of into Shion’s pottery autism

Overall an okay episode, but obviously filler and severely lacking in fights. Also where the fuck are the Russians, we’re almost halfway through and they haven’t done shit
>>
>>20374516
Mecha is dead without Tomino.
>>
>Amou is a dad
Damn he has a daughter at the age of 16.
>>
>>20402881
No it’s Gashin who’s the dad
>>
>>20402881
Impossible, he's an apparent shut in whose biggest chance to nut in a girl went splat three days after meeting her.

That said, Gashin is too busy being Shadow the Hedgehog to give a shit about nutting in girls.

I'll laugh if Amou's dad is somehow still around and making babies.
>>
>>20402901
It's the future, you don't need to "nut in a girl" to have kids.
>>
>>20402841
>filler
shut the fuck up retard, go back to twitter
>>
File: kyoukaiSenkiEp8Gashin.png (2.01 MB, 1341x703)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB PNG
>>20402205
>His smile an optimism restored?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.96 MB, 540x304)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB GIF
>>20402901
>Gashin is too busy being Shadow the Hedgehog
That's a good thing.
>give a shit about nutting in girls.
But that's not - Abe.
>>
File: 11709a47d9b1cba0.jpg (252 KB, 1080x1081)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>20374516
>Episode 8
WHERE ARE THE FUCKING ROBOTS?! Jesus Christ, just give me something, even the evil gaijin will do!
>>
>>20403290
Cant you take one fucking break episode? We had the Ghost fight last week
>>
>>20403300
Yes, if it's at least interesting. This wasn't at all.
>>
>>20403310
You didn’t like the Pile Bunker?
>>
>>20403346
No.
>>
File: 1618290483425.png (148 KB, 286x301)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
>been living in butt fuck nowhere with no power for a week
>kid playing on his smart phone
>>
File: Gaichan.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>
Alright you know what fuck it this episode was clearly written by an entirely out of touch boomer in about 3 minutes on the can.
>>
File: Ghost OPs.jpg (348 KB, 2560x2160)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
>>
File: FE0EjpcXIAcJl2L.jpg (131 KB, 734x966)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>
>>20375022
I would accept another Nicolas Cage movie no matter the context than anything netflix is shitting out these days.
>>
>>20383648
The ED sends different vibes.
>>
>>20403290
>Not understanding that the mecha budget was blown last episode on not!Graham vs. Ghost.
>>
>>20403706
Then apparently the budget is about half a dozen hotdogs because that shit wasn't impressive.
>>
>>20403729
What do you expect from a show that's supposed to rake in new fans and then goes and gets itself banned in China?
>>
>>20403745
>What do you expect from a show that's supposed to rake in new fans and then goes and gets itself banned in China?
It's The Eternals?
>>
Boring
>>
>>20403745
They don’t give a fuck, the model kits are selling
>>
>>20403745
Did this really get banned in China or are cracking a joke?
>>
File: Episode 9 preview.jpg (793 KB, 1920x1080)
793 KB
793 KB JPG
>>
File: Gasshin photo.jpg (620 KB, 1920x1080)
620 KB
620 KB JPG
>>
>>20404047
It really did
>>
>>20402822
I literally go to work right when the new episode gets uploaded on 9anime and can't watch it for a good 10 hours.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkTRyHeXYI4
>>
>>20404141
Well then this show is clearly based. Seriously how are the CCP such giant bitches yet no one in that godforsaken country has the gall to challenge them?
>>
>>20404269
no guns
no gains
no gals
no goals
>>
Honestly episode 8 was probably the worst so far because it really was just SOL nonsense to push a banal Japanese nationalist sentimentality. Everything about this show feels like there is no one at the helm and no overall point to what's happening. Amou joined an organization to liberate Japan and he literally has not commited a single offensive operation for them yet or battle outside of Ghost. Its gonna take a massive twist and soon to rescue this show from just being a 2D animator training project.
>>
>>20404279
Well consider that question answered.
>>20404283
They're totally building up to Yatagarasu being a front for an arms dealer to test combat AI. I doubt it'll be executed well but at least it's a semi-interesting set up.
>>
>>20404283
What's particularly funny is that L-Gaim (which has a pretty slow overall plot) started as a show about just trying to get some fucking bandits to fuck off and then turned into a macguffin adventure plot before even the concept of the government being oppressive or a resistance was introduced and Daba was actively liberating his home earlier in the show than Amou will have done anything but run away based on the next episode preview.
>>
>>20404401
Especially since the twist that Daba is a runaway prince was always planned from the very beginning. Amou is an ordinary citizen, which makes things worse.
>>
>>20402841
Why would they use mech and risk being detected
>>
>>20403290
>not understanding the power of JAPANESE POTTERY
>>
>>20403290
Normally I like breather and world building episodes in mech series when they're done well. I guess this was a fine SoL episode, but the problem is that the glorious nippon tamashii wank and characters are really bad.

>>20403353
I'm sure in the future smartphones have mini solar panels in the back of them so you can charge them wherever.
>>
Gai is just BEGGING to be in SRW at this point.
>>
>>20405251
>glorious nippon tamashii
What? If anything it's a call for Return To (Rural) Monke, a complete reversal of the contemporary trend where all the young people move to Tokyo and fuck up the housing prices so nobody can have kids.
>>
>>20402841
>8/25
>halfway trough
>>
File: Amou and Shion.jpg (392 KB, 1920x1080)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
>>
>>20405251
>SoL
>nipon tamashii
You don't even know what you are talking about.
>>
File: Charged Gai.webm (2.92 MB, 1280x720)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>
File: Ep 8 Gai.webm (1.49 MB, 1280x720)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB WEBM
>>20405413
>>
It's a "real robot" aka robots-used-as-regular-tanks anime.The enemy are at least 99% humans in an army from a human nation and not aliens, elves, inhuman mutants or demons in a shady organization. It scratched the itch once gundam scratched before going full gunpla.
>>
>>20406644
Forgot to tag it to: >>20392095
>>
I can't get the thought of an evil manipulating Gai every time he shoehorns Amou into do something that he didn't initially want to.
>>
File: file.png (202 KB, 400x400)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
>>20406696
Any possibility of the 3 AIs being basically digital version of Kyubey?
>>
>>20406615
The literal SHOUT NOW bit was gold.
>>
>>20406758
Bit late for that.
>>
>>20405534
>Return To (Rural) Monke, a complete reversal of the contemporary trend where all the young people move to Tokyo
What does that have to do with anything?

>>20405882
The entire episode was them rebuilding a small Japanese town and talking about their traditional Japanese way of life and pride as Japanese people.
>>
>>20406836
That's NOT SoL and you are a retarded newfag.
>>
>>20406850
It is and I've been here longer than you. Stop trying so hard.
>>
>return to monke
Everyone knows the glorious Japanese people descended from the gods not monkeys like baka gaijins
>>
File: mecha-ghost2.png (520 KB, 1080x742)
520 KB
520 KB PNG
>>
File: mecha-kenbu2.png (592 KB, 1080x742)
592 KB
592 KB PNG
>>
>when /m/ is so slow and the episodes for the "2d" mecha show are so boring, the only recourse is to use shitpost baitposting to keep a generic seasonal mecha anime thread alive
>>
>>20407060
This is pure statistically actually the most active posting for a non-Gundam giant robot anime I've seen on /m/ in an eternity but it's about 60% one guy bumping with image posts.
>>
This seems incredibly inadvisable.

>>20407060
It's busier than 90% of any non-Gundam shows in a given season; quit bitching.
>>
File: Shiba.webm (2.91 MB, 960x540)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>
>>20407060
I'm just waiting until the inevitable Sunrise trainwreck hits
>>
File: mtandrink.png (23 KB, 598x497)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>20407060
Why is this thread more like if /v/ and /a/ decided to talk about a mecha anime than /m/?
Jesus guys I haven't seen this kind of nonsensical hatred of a show that's completely inoffensive since Planet With
>>
>>20407560
Planet With deserved it, this on the other hand, and I hate to admit it, is out pacing everything else I'm watching this season that isn't Mieruko-chan.
>>
>>20407560
Just because something doesn't pull crazy plot twists or ebin NTR or whatever to make people ragequit watching it doesn't mean it can't actually be quite bad, especially if you actually make the mistake of thinking about it. There was probably a time this kind of show wouldn't bother me as much but if this is the future of the genre then there's nothing to look forward to.
>>
File: 1632504291952.jpg (52 KB, 450x453)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
I'm only finally realizing now that the waterwheel generator was presumably built out of the powertrain of the car they found and that only raises further questions
>>
>>20407712
>that only raises further questions
welcome to Musashi Road world
>>
File: 1544523511025.gif (966 KB, 247x248)
966 KB
966 KB GIF
>>20407712
I'm more upset at the concept of a resistance that has funds for giant robots saying that solar power is too expensive to setup
And then they get a fucking lazer somehow and power and use it to dig a well but solar is too expensive?
A fucking old man's boat could power a fucking giant robot but we can't power a single village for 3 families?
Why did we send our only ace mech pilots for a reconstruction effort?
They weren't even there for protection
YES I'M UPSET AT HOW HARD THEY MADE OFF GRID POWER SETUPS SEEM
I'M DOING IT MYSELF DAMNIT AND IT WASN'T THAT EXPENSIVE AND I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING BLACK MARKET SUPEREVIL MAN WHO WILL SEND ME SHIT
WHERE DID THEY GET PAINT AND FUCKING CLAY, THEY SURE AS SHIT DIDN'T GET USABLE CLAY FROM THE RIVER OR MAKE THAT KINDA PAINT FROM BERRIES
I DEMAND REALISTIC OFF GRID POWER, PAINTING, AND POTTERY FROM MY GIANT ROBOT ANIME
gasshin a cute dad though

>>20406931
>>20405534
What return to monke they still have power and that one kid was on his fucking smartphone clearly connected to the internet. Is all rural living just monke to you guys? Where do you live?
>>
>>20407751
It means you can't even ask the bus to do crazy things
>>
>>20407560
>Why is this thread more like if /v/ and /a/ decided to talk about a mecha anime than /m/?
Some of the mech designs are cool and I like how they're trying to spend more effort focusing on the logistics of the piloted and automatic mechs fighting in terms of power usage and balance and stuff, but the MCs and story are bland and there's only been one really good fight so far.
>>
Anyways the issue is not even from a realism standpoint as far as this is the battery in the car which the script would suggest is under the hood of the car along with the motor and other things (including what looks like a current car battery, but anyways...)
>>
...and then here's the battery hooked up to the waterwheel suddenly looking about 4x the size.
>>
>Nippon together strong!
>We can rebuild!
>Path to recovery!
>My family will be proud to be japanese!
>Have babies!
>Hard work feels good!
They're really pushing the propaganda hard this episode huh? I find it funny that they had to scavenge a broken down car engine to make the waterwheel, but they had the black market dealer give them heavy machinery, laser beams, pile bunkers? Not to mention that pipeline contraption they assembled looks unstable as fuck (would it even work? also, won't the water pressure lower over time since they've created a leak?).
And of course, all of this assumes this land is completely undesirable to their "oppressors", better hope the chinese don't decide that's a good spot for a highway a week from now.
Anyone else feel like they should have just used Kenbu's sword to make the hole?
>>
what the fuck is this thread, fuck off my board tranny fucks
>>
Oh and by the way I'm realizing I didn't pick up on this as easily as I should have because the subs are SHIT and should say they should work as a generator if we fix it.
>>
>>20407060
Because in recent years, the mecha series that get attention are only for their "trainwreck" quality than anything else. The people in this for the trainwreck are angry that its not going off the rails.

I'm a Geassfag, but that show really did pave the way for people who want to watch things "ironically" and only want to see a trainwreck series as well as all the imitators Code Geass spawned
>>
>>20407800
Shut the fuck up Koji
I can post here all I want from dr. Hells base
>>
>>20407818
Want a medal for those gymnastics
>>
>>20407840
He's right tho.
>>
>>20407801
>2021
>needing subs
>>
>>20407818
4chan as a whole has a big problem with an ironic/trainwreck mentality. It's prevalent for anime, video games, TV shows/movies, and even books. So many topics get completely derailed by people droning on about how much they "hate" XYZ and are just in it for the trainwreck despite spending hours of their lives keeping up with something they seemingly never liked in the first place. It almost feels like a defensive barrier in case people hate on something they enjoy so they can pretend they "hated" it all along.
Either that or this phenomena has curated a user base who refuses, or genuinely doesn't know how to enjoy things without turning their irony meter to 11 and pandering their opinions to other anons like themselves.
>>
>>20407860
If something is talk heavy enough you need subs.
>>
>>20408356
No, you need to study more.
>>
>>20407870
It's just an unfortunately large population of doomfags who want nothing more than the world to look as awful as their outlook no matter what. You can't be excited or enjoy anything without either being a corpo, bootlicker or a manchild to them and it's annoying to see them do that while also putting the few things they enjoy on an untouchable pedestal.
>>
>>20408373
Why study a whole language when you can make it easier for yourself? I've seen raws, I choose dubs or ARR subs over raws.
>>
>>20408425
>Why study a whole language
To not rely on shitty translations and to be able to read, watch or play untranslated stuff.
>>
>>20408438
Most of the stuff I wanted to see has been translated, there would be no point to it. Be honest anon, you just want to get the last word in.
>>
>>20408451
>Be honest anon, you just want to get the last word in.
Are you stupid? You asked why anyone would study the language. I said to not rely on shit translations for stuff that is translated, and to be able to enjoy stuff that isn't translated at all. What does answering your question have to do with getting the last word in?
>>
>>20408474
I study japanese because I like it, you don't need to go around telling people to get into it just to watch anime lol
>>
>>20382262
I dont see how her character was bad.
>>
>>20408553
Don't worry we can't all activate our neurons

>>20408385
If I wanted to doompost I'd watch Muv-Luv Alternative faggot.
>>
>>20407751
>I'm more upset at the concept of a resistance that has funds for giant robots saying that solar power is too expensive to setup
>And then they get a fucking lazer somehow and power and use it to dig a well but solar is too expensive?
Yeah, that was retarded.

>A fucking old man's boat could power a fucking giant robot but we can't power a single village for 3 families?
Fishing boats generally have some massive electrical devices that need to be powered so I could see the engine's generator being able to output enough electricity to charge an AMAIM but that engine (why didn't they just strip the alternator, again?) and that huge battery not being able to keep the village's lights on all by itself is just stupid.

>Why did we send our only ace mech pilots for a reconstruction effort?
Ideological indoctrination.

>They weren't even there for protection
>YES I'M UPSET AT HOW HARD THEY MADE OFF GRID POWER SETUPS SEEM
>I'M DOING IT MYSELF DAMNIT AND IT WASN'T THAT EXPENSIVE AND I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING BLACK MARKET SUPEREVIL MAN WHO WILL SEND ME SHIT
The initial setup wasn't that hard, just insufficient. Apparently. I guess those 60W bulbs are more power-hungry than you'd think.

>WHERE DID THEY GET PAINT AND FUCKING CLAY, THEY SURE AS SHIT DIDN'T GET USABLE CLAY FROM THE RIVER OR MAKE THAT KINDA PAINT FROM BERRIES
Those were actually the least unrealistic things they pulled out of their ass considering that the paint might have been lying around in the kiln and kilns are traditionally built next to deposits of clay; I'm more interested in where they got a pump and flow regulator and hundreds of yards of piping plus the tools, skills and materials to put it all together. I guess it was all covered under "construction supplies".

>I DEMAND REALISTIC OFF GRID POWER, PAINTING, AND POTTERY FROM MY GIANT ROBOT ANIME
Hear, hear.

>gasshin a cute dad though
Yep.
>>
>>20408889
>that engine (why didn't they just strip the alternator, again?)
It's an electric car.
>>
>>20407560
Even Dyanzeon got constant shit when it was airing and pretty much everyone loved that one.
>>
>>20408920
>pretty much everyone loved that one
Fuck no, that was actual trash.
>>
File: Gasshin and Shiba.jpg (88 KB, 1200x675)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>
>>20410403
>Gasshin, when are we making our own?
>>
>>20403745
> Banned in China

Takes a whole new level of stupid for a show to depict the Japanese as some victimized people by using methods of racism that the Japanese perpetrated to other countries

Like really? The "Asian" Army is committing human trafficking against the Japanese? And Japan is somehow a separate entity from "Asia"?
>>
>>20410685

The UK commited to Brexit to distance itself from the European Union. How is Japan distancing itself from continental Asia "impossible to digest", for lack of a better term?
>>
File: Kei Kyoukai.jpg (259 KB, 1920x1080)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>
>>20408920
It was the worst mecha anime to air this year and second worst anime overall after Joran.
>>
File: Nayuta.jpg (100 KB, 1200x675)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>
>>20408920
>pretty much everyone
stop with this meme
>>
>>20391888
At this point the American subplot story is so much better and more interesting than the MC.
>>
>>20375917
It's a kids show. Babies first mecha. It's no excuse but yeah...

>>20376335
Jets cool

>>20379089
It brushes with it all. The issue is it just wants to touch on everything too lightly. Every time I think they'll go into more depth they don't. That's my biggest issue, they need to explore alot of what they set up.

>>20379843
But it's a brand new team with lots of new animators isn't it? So for it to be a mild success is more than enough. It's just passing the traditional mecha drawings on. If Kyoukai Senki bears fruit in the future in the form of a lot of new animators I will at the very least be content.

>>20396819
Literally a rehash of Patlabor

>>20403745
>>20404141
>>20404269
Based show showing America in a good light, the Aussies as a shitpost and the Chinese as evil.
>>
>>20412086
G-Reco is a kids show
>>
>>20410685
I will not eat the bugs.
>>
>>20412086
>It's a kids show
You don't know what you're talking about. This show is in a late night timeslot after midnight
>>
>>20412314
That's probably legitimately misleading in this case because while TV Tokyo and Mainichi are running it after midnight it's on youtube in Japan like Re:Rise and BS11 is running it in an evening block just before the original Gundam and at the same time on another day as Gundam Build Fighters/Divers reruns.
>>
>>20404279
If my porn twitter is anything to go by all the qts are in True China aka Taiwan
>>
>>20412314
>thinking TV timeslots matter in an era of Internet streaming
>>
>>20412086
>Literally a rehash of Patlabor
There are worse wells to draw from
>>
>>20407751
>I DEMAND REALISTIC OFF GRID POWER, PAINTING, AND POTTERY FROM MY GIANT ROBOT ANIME

The most correct opinion.
>>
File: Shiba eyes.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>
File: Smilesuzu.jpg (379 KB, 1920x1080)
379 KB
379 KB JPG
>>
>>20416464
I hope this previous episode was a sign that she can be considered the 4th main cast member.
>>
File: you know.jpg (57 KB, 640x480)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>20411534
>>
>>20412086
>It's a kids show. Babies first mecha.
That's true, though they do mention human trafficking once and show racism within the show. They even mention GDP which I reckon most teenagers don't really care about. The entire show has a lot of nationalistic sentiments. It could be argued that it's merely patriotism but the signs are there.

It feels like they're too scared to actually discuss the topics they tease about. Even if the discussion is skin deep, it's not like they can just ignore them. It just comes off feeling like cheap propaganda that ends up being a little offensive.
For example it randomly makes australians racist towards the japanese but doesn't really give much explanation why they are so racist because the show is too scared or doesn't want to explore that so that just comes off as antagonising foreigners.
>>
There's nothing happening at all.
>>
>>20417143
Honestly that's what the show feels like to me as well.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.