[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 32 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: daimos.jpg (75 KB, 553x709)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Been working through the romantic trilogy lately and been having a generally fun time with them. It's interesting to see Nagahama's style develop as they went on. Anyone else watching anything from that decade or have a favorite or two.
>>
I'm in the middle of watching Combattler (with friends) and Daimos (on my own) right now.

Daimos feels like Tomino and Nagahama were chatting about what they wanted to do with robot shows at that time, because it feels like it deals with a lot of the same broad ideas as Gundam, but in wildly different ways. Richter is in basically the same narrative position as Char, but with diverging personalities. Richter is the noble prince archtype - loyal, highly concerned with honor and responsibility in his society - whereas Char is duplicitous and unconcerned with anything but his own personal desire for vengeance. Richter ends up feeling like the last one of the classic prince archetype that's been iterated on since Raideen before Char evolves it into a new thing.

Comparing Daimos and Gundam also shows off how Tomino is a really naturalistic director (for all his dialog is wacky), concerned with making his characters behave in natural ways in their setting. Meanwhile Nagahama had a more operatic, stage style of direction where the characters behave according to the rules of high drama and act more as symbols than humans. One isn't necessarily better than the other, they're just different.

Daimos also has some real quality shots in there. There's an early episode where Kazuya is internally conflicted over his feelings for Erika and the conflict plays out as a confrontation between Kazuya and his shadow self with Erika hanging above them, and it's just a really striking bit of direction. Good stuff.
>>
>>20216081
I only watched Combattler and Voltes

Combattler V was a great show aside from the shit ending.
Voltes V is a disappointing downgrade.

Daimos is still in my to-watch list
>>
>>20216351
I'd say Voltes is the overall more consistent show over Combattler. It never really gets the same heights but it stays far far from the same lows. Haven't finished Daimos myself either so I won't comment but it's been good.
>>
>>20216359
DON'T READ BELOW IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS
my issues wit voltes v is how stupidly repetitive it is.
most Voltes V episodes are the same.
>dude father
>dude where's my father
>dude look it's father!
>dude oh no father is missing again :(
>dude that dude looks like father
>dude it's a trap and father is still missing :(
>repeat this for 10 times
>dude father is alive but he doesn't want to work with us for no fucking reason
>dude killing bad guys make us bad guys too, oh let's just ignore the hundreds of bad guys we killed before though lol
>dude the bad guy prince is related to the main characters, let's make him commit suicide for no fucking reason lol
>>
ERIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 1507434690700.jpg (345 KB, 1024x1448)
345 KB
345 KB JPG
>>20216081
Daimos - what can I say, I was a fan of the show way back 1978-79. I love how the giant Robot got cool moves and stuff...As the years go by, and I got older, I started to re watched all the robot anime shows and geared myself more on the stories than the kiddie moves. Yes, I lost my interest with the Pseudo-Science and Kung Fu moves and inclined myself with the story and plot. To my surprise, only Voltes V stood the test of time; It has a story that I can relate to, specially with the Voltes Team who are dedicated young soldiers of Planet Earth. Daimos on the other hand became a story of a traitor; Kazuya, a supposedly Earth defender, fell in love with the Bhramin Princess and suddenly screaming bloody "EQUALITY" for both Bhramin and humans. The series conditions the young viewers to love your enemy but neglects the fact that the enemy had left countless millions of humans homeless, defiled, widows and orphans where as the Bramins are just inside their Pyramidion Base involved in some fake-Egyptian/Babylonian drama fest with their haughty and unrepentant rulers. There was also a scene almost the end that Kazuya beats General Sakomori Miwa without thinking as off why this officer had such a bigoted outlook against his beloved Bhramins?...Perhaps he had lost his family from one of their attacks...Now, I have grown fond of Voltes V that Voltes, instead of Daimos, had influenced me and my stories so tooth and claw I would defend the character...Now I have a question for you: You've seen the reason why I made this artwork, why automatically come to tell me all of this and not the guy who made the Daimos wins artwork?...As I said, this is only a reply against that of his doing in the first place.
>>
>>20216365
>most Voltes V episodes are the same.
>lists all of the developments that change the direction of the story over the course of the show
Very big brain
>>
>>20216830
what changes?
that a bunch of kids are looking for their father every episode? wow
>>
>>20217005
>if I selectively reduce it to one thing, nothing else matters
The Sopranos is just about a bunch of Italians shouting at each other, every episode's the same. I am very smart.
>>
>>20217139
Ok smartass.
Explain to me how Voltes V changes
>>
>>20216365
>commit suicide for no fucking reason lol

He felt guilty over having warred against his family in the name of a greedy coward. You know, the things he was yelling about right before he died?
>>
>>20217368
Well (and for the other Anons, spoiler warning), it takes a couple of episodes to establish a status quo in the first place. Prof Gou is still presumed dead at that point.
Then you get to ep 12, Boazan capture Prof Gou and the following episode Prof Hamaguchi's killed off while getting that info to the Gou brothers, with Sakonji being introduced to take over after that
That's then followed up by Gou's failed escape attempts and the near-miss reunions from eps 18 to 20, which then kicks of the string of episodes driven by Zuhl's attempts to usurp Heinel through to ep 22
Then in Ep 24 the new general, Bergan, gets introduced, with his seceret orders to take out Heinel on behalf of Emperor Zambojil, and the string of internal Boazan backstabbing that results in
Ep27 and 28 move the storyline with the Boazan rebels ahead, and reveal all the info about Professor Gou's backstory on Boazan
Ep 31 is all about killing off Megumi's dad, who'd been a recurring character throughout up to that point
Ep 37's then when everything comes to a head, Voltes destroys Heinel's castle, Heinel escapes from Zuhl, and the Solar Bird takes off ready to take the fight to Boazan for the last 3 episodes
And of course there's the massive list of self-contained episodic MotW plots throughout
TL;DR you're a disingenuous little faggot presenting one aspect of the overall premise as somehow being the entire substance of the series
>>
File: romance.jpg (81 KB, 600x838)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
I'm actually a bit shocked more hasn't been done with the Nagahama series in modern times. You sometimes get the occasional SRW or tow or whatever but I can't believe there's no interest in trying to make a new series. Well from people who aren't in the Philippines. Is the Nagahama estate just protective or what?
>>
>>20219534
I think the issue is Nagahama being dead makes them not want to try messing with his properties
>>
>>20219566
Didn't seem to mind about Ishikawa and he's been dead for a lot less time. I made myself sad.
>>
>>20217516
>he's so mad that he retold the show
lol it's still a generic "peace robot with kids who want to see their father" show
>>
File: 3216184_p0.jpg (185 KB, 800x560)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>20220071
Being dead a lot less time kind of helps, in a way. Ishikawa was around longer, and his stuff being more recent keeps it in the public mind. Only old people remember Nagahama's works now, so what's the point in reviving them? Maybe if Nagahama had survived to the 90s and got to be part of the 80s otaku explosion with Tomino he'd be better remembered and his works would be revived today. But he died in 1980 and was forgotten.
>>
>>20220312
Seems like they still get mentioned a lot. SRW certainly helped keep it a live but even most mecha fags in general know about it. It'd be easy to bring back if they wanted and a name brand is even more enticing.
>>
>>20216365
>>20216830
>>20217005
>>20217139
>>20217516
>>20220200

Reading this argument convinced me to watch Voltes V.
>>
>>20220443
Good. I wasn't trying to prevent people from watching it. it's not a bad show by any means
I just founded less fun than combattler v

enjoy watching it, anon
>>
File: voltes.jpg (124 KB, 1080x1350)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>20220443
I mean I liked it. I'd recommend both it and Combattler. I'd also probably recommend Daimos but not finished. Only on like episode 10 but early impressions are positive.
>>
>>20220446
Is Daimos subbed?
>>
File: daltanious.jpg (161 KB, 477x600)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>20220660
It got an official release from Discotek. They put out the whole trilogy plus Daltanius. No Reideen yet though.
>>
File: romantic trilogy.jpg (116 KB, 1003x827)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>
>>20219534
There is the Victory V manga that focus on the Romance Trilogy+Daltanious by Hasegawa.
>>
>>20222642
Has it been translated?
>>
>>20222663
Not that I am aware.
>>
>>20219534
they did a combattler pachislot
>>
>>20223027
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kh7uBEJbnE&t=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY2V7hX-WJw
Shame it's only just that. It looks like it would have been pretty cool.
>>
Is it okay to watch Daimos by itself? I don't know how connected these shows actually are and its the only one I'm really interested in giving a shot
>>
>>20224491
fine
it's thematic similarities, not like LAST WEEK ON VOLTES, THE VOLTES CREW DIED AND HANDED THEIR VOLTES GEAR TO THE DAIMOS-ES
>>
>>20224491
My understanding after trying to figure this out is that all three exist in totally different universes. They just happen to be made by the same team, and share many thematic, plot, and design similarities. To the point where each one is almost a remake of certain ideas, or an alt universe reimagining. Like each is an AU. If you know Gundam, sort of how plot threads from Wing, or Seed or Age are familiar to a UC fan, but they're all moved around.

Something like that. So I hear.
>>
>>20224491
>>20224495
>>20224501
Yeah, you can definitely see some parallels if you watch all three but it's not required. I'd still recommend all three but it doesn't have to be in any order so if you want to start with Daimos go nuts.
>>
File: 1523262720127.jpg (2.39 MB, 2800x3000)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB JPG
>>20216081
Figure this is as good a place as any to ask. I spent about two years on and off going through all Gundam anime in release order. I'd like to do the same with Getter and/or Mazinger now. But I've got no idea where to start with either and if there's any manga dips I'd have to make to follow plot points. Is there any infographics like pic related for either series to follow along?
>>
>>20224737
give a sincere try at Toeizinger
it's surprisingly fun if you pace it well for the weekly adventures of the gang fighting the robeasts, and gets into logistical shit a lot more than one might expect
>>
>>20224737
I really don't want to sound like a dick when I say this, but in this case PRODUCTION ORDER. Especially with Mazinger and Getter. Great is a direct follow up to Z and G is likewise to Getter. The modern installments make a lot of references but are, more or less, pretty stand alone.
>>
>>20224501
Pretty much. It's fun to watch them in order and see the evolution of themes and such, but it's not required. If all you want is to watch Daimos, go nuts.

>>20222642
That manga's not great, but I kind of enjoyed it anyway. It's filled with fanservice (both of the "naked lolis" variety and the "Heinel is alive and gets to pal around with the heroes" variety) so if you're willing to just go along with the ride and enjoy being served, it's fun. And it's on archive, so it's not all that hard to find anymore.
>>
>>20224737
>I spent about two years on and off going through all Gundam anime in release order
then do the same for Mazinger and Getter, is looking them up in wikipedia that hard?
>>
>>20220200
>ask a question
>get an answer
>'h-ha, answering means U MAD BRO XD'
You've earned it, Anon.
> "peace robot
Peace robot that's fighting literally every episode?
>with kids who want to see their father"
Anon, just repeating (a portion of) the premise isn't actually a critique
>>
>>20220443
Same anon here, I just watched the first two episodes of Voltes V. It’s set up really well, and throwing such a curveball in episode 2 definitely makes me want to see more.
Something I can also appreciate is that the MOTWs feel like real threats. A lot of MOTW mech shows, one that comes to mind being Dancouga, make the enemies easy fodder to the point where you’re bored. Both MOTWs were legitimate enemies and allowed us to see the team tested in one way or another.
>>
File: 93462882_p0.jpg (331 KB, 1920x1035)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
>>
>>20227357
MotW has two ways of going well. As you say, make them such threats even though intellectually there's no threat, you're onboard for the episode.

The other way is for the show to not even treat them as a threat and instead use the runtime for character and world building. These old sci-fi properties were not good at the later, so they have to be good at the former.
>>
>>20229489
>you're onboard for the episode.
I think at some point this is a point that was lost. Being able to keep the audience guessing is all well and good but it's more important that they remain engaged. Nobody ever expects the hero to die, at least not this far before the end, but the idea is the create a story where we allow ourselves to go along with it. I don't want to use a dismissive analogy but the idea is to make your viewer care, not shock them with a senseless twist. Good plot twists make sense when analyzed in the story. And they don't even really have to SURPRISE the viewer. Just the characters. It's like the Hitchcock saying were the audience can tell there's a bomb under a table but the characters are oblivious.
>>
>>20229503
Agreed. A good plot twist should feel sort of obvious. You may not even realize you were surprised. You should immediately think "yeah that tracks" if you've been following the plot up to that point. One that makes you reanalyze the entire story up to that point while you should be continuing on with the story isn't necessarily good, since you're busy doing calculus. It feels like these days most writers try so hard for the big twist that it's jarring, rather than natural.
>>
>>20229503
>I think at some point this is a point that was lost.
You think incorrectly.
>>
>>20229489
>The other way is for the show to not even treat them as a threat and instead use the runtime for character and world building. These old sci-fi properties were not good at the later, so they have to be good at the former.

I mean...have you watched either Daimos or Gundam?
>>
>>20229542
Gundam yes, but I wouldn't call it a monster of the week show. It used "next time, some fucking Zaku II's again, IDK" to maximum character effect when it did. Which was rare.

I haven't watched Daimos, but by rep it was more character heavy?
>>
>>20229559
>but by rep it was more character heavy?
Not him, but the guy watching it now, and boy is it ever.
>>
>>20229563
No joke sounds great.

I'm the semi-autistic anon who's insisting on waiting for Raideen before starting. So, ya know, that's dumb.

But I am browsing Soul of Chogokins already. Which is also dumb.
>>
>>20229602
>But I am browsing Soul of Chogokins already. Which is also dumb.
A cool robot toy is a cool robot toy regardless of if you like the show or not.
>>
>>20229652
Yeah but for hundreds of dollars having that emotional connection sure helps a lot.
>>
>>20229652
Not worth much if you don't care about the show though
>>
>>20229542
2 examples out of how many
>>
>>20224491
they are completely unrelated, but they were done in sequence by the same staff and director especially, so they share a lot of similarities especially in themes
>>
>>20216081
The original Mazinger Z show is really fucking good, especially towards the end
>>
One thing I really enjoy about Daimos is watching Erika's nurse basically smug all over Richter's generals. She's pretty much the smartest person on the show and it's not even by a little.
>>
File: combattler v2.jpg (77 KB, 480x640)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>
>>
File: daimos love.jpg (222 KB, 960x919)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>
File: combattler.jpg (269 KB, 2388x1732)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>
shin romance robots/romance robots infinitism when
>>
File: voltes dx.png (410 KB, 507x653)
410 KB
410 KB PNG
>>20246146
They still keep putting out figures here and there so there's gotta be some audience
>>
>>20216359
One thing I could dock points from Voltes over Combattler and Daimos is that Voltes's main weapon and the one it uses for the finisher is a sword which 90 percent of all super robots tend to have vs Combattler and Daimos's more unique weapon sets. I know Voltes is probably one of the first so back when it was out it was more unique but in hindsight it's kind of "Oh another super robot with a sword finisher woo" kind of thing.
>>
>>20246496
Sword finishers are cool though, you can't go wrong with 'em
>>
>>20246496
at least it makes an effort to slash a V
>>
>>20246557
Which is really cool but does nothing to help my constant inability to properly call it Voltes 5.
>>
File: daimos ost.jpg (312 KB, 960x944)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>
>>20246146
Could be neat but Infinitism seems to be just Dynamic Pro mechs so far.
>>
File: gaiking.jpg (10 KB, 294x172)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>20249453
I'm not sure I'm too into the whole Infitisim line. Though it does remind me of that GaiKing teaser movie from way back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xObpGXit0XQ
Oh god it's been 11 years.
>>
File: 000b.jpg (782 KB, 1738x2444)
782 KB
782 KB JPG
>trilogy

Not a thing in Japan.
>>
>>20251817
Nagahama wasn't involved heavily with Daltanious but the staff used his ideas for the show.
>>
>>20249453
Man Daimos really stood out by having no blue and more prominent black secondary color.
>>
>>20251817
That is an awesome book. It's small but has a lot of info.
>>
File: daimos page.jpg (399 KB, 1280x1826)
399 KB
399 KB JPG
>>20253279
He certainly does break the pattern. Though it does match up pretty well Daltanious.

>>20254196
Amy juicy bits? You can find it online easy enough but it's all in moon I'm afraid.
https://e-hentai DOT org/g/1981654/9c67b742eb/
>>
>>20254303
https://e-hentai.org/g/1981654/9c67b742eb/
>>
>>20254303
The staff considers Daltanious to be a Nagahama work even if he was not heavily involved in its production hence the "Nagahama Roman Robo Series" label in Japan. There is no mention of a "trilogy".
>>
File: file.png (67 KB, 464x358)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>>20249433
*coff*
>>
>>20255139
Fuck off /v/
>>
>>20254303
thanks.

also, interesting: instead of Nana, the Daimos manga uses an original Kyoshiro's kid relative, Kyotaro
>>
>>20254303
>Amy juicy bits?

Nagahama was a little disappointed with Com-Battler V, which led to him creating Voltes V. He also wanted fewer weapons for the main mecha.

Some staff didn't like that the Battle Tank couldn't fly.

Daimos is Nagahama's favorite.

The main rivals in Reideen, Com-Battler V, Voltes V, Daimos, and Daltanious have the same VA. He's Nagahama's close friend.

They were surprised at how big Voltes V and Daimos were in the Philippines.
>>
>>20255569
Is that why Voltes has significantly less random one off weapons then Combattler and mostly relies on the sword and bazooka?
>>
File: Nagahama antagonists.jpg (374 KB, 1280x1818)
374 KB
374 KB JPG
>>20255569
>He's Nagahama's close friend.
That's nice. You can definitely see a lot of evolution in how this character type evolved.
>>
>>20216081
I've been rolling through them, I kind of find Daimos the weakest but that might be because I'm kind of tired of ERICAAAAA~ being screamed.
>>
File: Nana_Ryuzaki101.png (150 KB, 225x350)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>20255150
glad we got Nana
>>
>>20255569
why did they kill garuda so early
>>
>>20257383
That was planned but they didn't expect the next two generals and the second arc to be less popular.

That's why in the succeeding Nagahama shows, the main rival makes it to the end.
>>
>>20257513
there was another general besides the medusa lady?
>>
>>20257374
Y'Know in the English dub they made her Kazuya's sister.

& then they had to dub the episode where he tries to grope her.

& the one where he tries to look at her in the shower.

Smooth move, guys.
>>
>>20257542
She does go pretty heavy with the whole NI-CHAN! Shit even in the disckotek subs. I get that's just a Japan.... thing, but it's probably some half assed translator didn't.
>>
>>20257542
like making Uranus and Neptune "cousins" but not noticing that basically they're a walking pile of innuendo
>>
>>20257520
Dungele and Warchimedes.

Medusa lady? Do you mean Empress Janera? She's the leader of the enemy faction.
>>
>>20258016
oh I guess my memory was hazy, I thought she became more prominent after Garuda's death
>>
File: deus combattler.jpg (66 KB, 500x375)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
I'd actually really like to hear what Nagahama had to say about Combattlers entire ending.
>>
>>20258026
They settled on a deus ex machina, literally. That's one of the reasons Nagahama was disappointed with Com-Battler V.
>>
>>20258049
Yeah but how?
>>
>>20258054
He didn't like the deus ex machina ending and wanted more drama and backstory.

His minor gripes are Com-V having too many weapons, Battle Tank having no flight capability, and needing an outside device to activate the combination.
>>
>>20258208
>He didn't like the deus ex machina ending and wanted more drama and backstory.
That's well and good but it still doesn't explain the decision to have a Deus Ex Machina at the last second. By all accounts it would have just as easy to toss in some big fight were Combatller wins and the end.

>His minor gripes are Com-V having too many weapons, Battle Tank having no flight capability, and needing an outside device to activate the combination.
Which just strike me as very weird and specific issues. Especially the weapon thing. Actually the tank one is odd too. I kind of dug it needed to be carried by Battle Marine.
>>
>>20258222
It was executive meddling. Apparently one of the higher-ups was into Greek stuff and wanted a deus ex machina ending.
>>
>>20258222
The issue with the weapons is pretty understandable, he probably prefers having a more concise weapon loadout over a bunch of garbage.
>>
File: EdPwX_uU0AArzbB.jpg (124 KB, 800x855)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
Voltes V is on retrocrunch for those who are lazy/unable to torrent it.
>>
>>20259118
what? I googled and ended up with eceleb shit
>>
>>20260251
https://www.retrocrush.tv/series/015706s/voltes-v
>>
>>20260293
oh, it's retrocruSh, not retrocruNch. Your post said crunch.
>>
Ippei has a concerning relationship with his horse.
>>
>>20258208
>>20258951

This is cool, but could you point out where in the pages it says this? This is how crazy rumours get started and all.
>>
>>20258961
Daimos ends up with a shit ton of weapons too though.
>>
>>20261669
I dunno, 5 weapons is fine for a super robot
>vulcans
>missile
>throwing knives
>staff
>spear/naginata
>>
>>20261669
The difference is they are used consistently.
>>
>>20261695
oh yeah I forgot the finisher
>>
>>20261695
It has way more than that.
>>
>>20261700
outside from the turbines/freezer what else did I miss
>>
>>20261695
Snake Lock
Daimo Missile
Foot Cutter
Daimo Gun
Five Shooter
Cross Boomerang
Drill Anchor
Chain Shark
Souryuu Ken
Battle Break
Sanryuu Kon
Daimo Shaft
Double Blizzard
Freezer Storm
Fire Blizzard
>>
>>20261710
I forgot the dragon fangs but when did he use the the boomerang, drill and chain? weren't they just enemy weapons he repurposed
>>
>>20261715
Cross Boomerang - shurikens from forearms

Drill Anchor - drill missiles from backpack (wheel covers)

Chain Shark - claw with chain from forearms
>>
>>20261715
Cross Boomerang - 9, 12, 21, 25, 30
Drill Anchor - 28-30, 33, 34, 37, 38, 40
Chain Shark - 28, 32-34
>>
>>20261732
>>20261725
ok now I remember cross boomerangs
>>
>>20261732
Did you have that all written down somewhere?
>>
>>20262292
Only for the four Nagahama mecha shows.
>>
File: megumi mom burn.png (1.78 MB, 932x2128)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB PNG
>>
File: garuda.png (500 KB, 640x480)
500 KB
500 KB PNG
>>
>>20264418
That made sense in context, though.
>>
>>20264509
It's amazing what better subtitles can do.
>>
>>20264514
I should ask for a rip of a certain scene at some point. You anons know the one. 10 million fucking views on YouTube.
>>
>>20264514
For real.

I don't have screenshots, but there's a bit in the last few episodes of Voltes where Katharine is trying to convince Heinel to run away with her. In the fansubs, she says they should run away and lay low while waiting for their chance to launch a counter-revolution. In the Discotek subs, she says they should run away and live alone on a deserted planet forever.

Can't really blame Heinel for turning her down on that one.
>>
>>20264784
Nagahama sure does love tragic villain romances
>>
>>20264418
>>20264509
why can't they just rebuild Garuda? Isn't he a robot?
>>
>>20264860
It's a matter of self. The mind. You could remake a new body but the personality, the identity is long gone. Where you to build a new one he would be no more the Garuda he was than you would be if someone cloned you. It is our mind, our perceptions or thoughts that make us.
>>
of course one of the generals I like is a bird man
it's always a curse for me
>>
>>20264870
So no good reason then
>>
>>20264876
He also exploded.
>>
>>20264784
>Asimov Continent and Hamilton Ocean
Huh, these were details I didn't know were part of the mythos.
>>
>>20264860

1) Why would anyone want Garuda back?

2) After Oleana dies, who knows that he's a robot?
>>
>>20264942
>1) Why would anyone want Garuda back?
he's better than whatever came afterwards
>>
>>20264926
Nagahama loved classic sci-fi literature.

John Campbell, Isaac Asimov, Peter Hamilton, Murray Leinster, and Walter Miller Jr.
>>
>>20265002
All true and fair but that's from the viewer perspective. The heroes probably didn't even know he was a robot and the new bad guys aren't gonna do it.
>>
>>20264784
It's like two different shows.
>>
>>20264588
post the link
>>
>>20264588
I've since looked and really have no idea what you mean
>>
>>20268333
>>20271711
Type in Chizuru Combattler, if the uploader is named Trifecta then you found it.
>>
>>20271793
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8jTQvvFpfs
seems it's from Tri3vid
but yeah, 10m
>>
>>20271793
You're thinking the name of his website.
>>20271810
Mecha sure does attract bondage coomers.
>>
File: tail_heinel.jpg (411 KB, 1001x962)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
Still, Hijiri-kun wanted someone in the Garuda line of the beautiful enemy general, so Miyano-kun went chasing around for awhile and eventually came up with a lovely character design: Heinel. Compared to today's Heinel the lines were a bit more detailed, but overall a fine good-looking character. But funny thing - in that design, he had a big tail. I wonder what the fans of today's Heinel would say if they saw that design... I was worried that the tail would contrast with the horns too much and ruin the image, so Sasakado-kun took it out for the animation character design.

(From Nagahama's commentary on Voltes, originally published in Roman Robo Climax Selection and reprinted in the Perfect Selection)

(translation accuracy not 100% guaranteed but I'm pretty sure about it saying Heinel originally had a tail)

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.