[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1626845007950.jpg (290 KB, 852x1200)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
Or Funi's dumb title, AMAIM Warrior at the Borderline

I like this series so far
And Gai is a pretty fun character
>>
Agreed, the animation is what got me hooked especially when the AIMAM IS BOOTED UP, the next episode is going to be interesting to say the least.
>>
File: Ep 2 Kenbu.jpg (129 KB, 1200x675)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
What did you think of episode 2?
>>
Episode 2 was an great episode wished it had more action though but looking at the pv for episode 3 it is safe to say it is going to be hype.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0sTBUDK-gI
Third episode preview
>>
File: Ep 2 Amou.jpg (308 KB, 1920x1080)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>
Episode 2 had a lot of decent emotional beats
>>
File: Ep 2 Shiba.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>
It's a good episode but Gai is honestly a little TOO convenient.
>>
>>20210797
>I like this series so far
>And Gai is a pretty fun character
Same and gai is probably my favorite part so far. Episode was good the farm bit was great and the fight at the end was good. The one guy from either the euro or American faction with how he was reacting to Amou and the Kenbu was giving me graham vibes.
>>
File: Episode 2 Kenbu.webm (2.78 MB, 1280x720)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB WEBM
>>
>>20210859
In this day and age, with how easy it is to track by phone, you need a way to handwave that away for plot
>>
File: Kyoukai Senki ep 2.webm (2.07 MB, 1280x720)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB WEBM
>>
>>20210859
Godzilla SP had their op AI become Deus ex Machina at the end.
>>
>>20210797
I feel like this should have been a two-parter and that Shiiba should have spent more time at the farm with the old couple. Other than that, good second episode. I Love pic related designs a lot.
>>
This episode felt weird, like something that should have happened later in the series after some serious climactic moment. But whatever, looks like the real plot starts next week, so I'll just get worked up over that.
>>
>>20210859
The show's obviously setting up for a situation where the MC has to get along without Gai.
They're very intentionally having him rely on Gai too much to pilot.
>>
File: Bluboy.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>
I came into this title with some suspicions of where it would go—maybe it’s the War on Terror memories, maybe it’s remembering Build the Wall literally two years ago, but I have an instinctive fight-or-flight reaction to titles that proudly include the phrase “border warrior.” But…holy shit, y’all. Like, holy shit. “We let foreigners in and they outbred us, and now the True Japanese People are being subjugated by the foreign powers they heralded!”

This is an anime about fucking “anchor babies.”

We are told this backstory as the camera pans across scenes of Japan’s landscape and historical pagodas; the ending credits see our protagonist engage in traditional arts like flower arrangement. Obviously love of cultural traditions isn’t an inherently toxic thing. What’s fucked up is when you make them into symbols of what our heroes are trying to protect, because it raises the question of why they need to be protected and from whom. Then you end up with an anime that would be at home in a Ben Shapiro novel.

Its production cycle and airing also coincides with recent conversations in Japan about immigration policy reform, the exploitation of foreign visa workers, inhumane conditions at foreign detention centers, and abuse of immigrants by officials. There’s no denying that this is an extremely topical series, and one with pretty stomach-churning implications.

But as was the case with Darling in the FranXX, I doubt we’re going to hear about it for a while. That’s because AMAIM looks quite pretty, and mecha fans have been quite excited about its return to 2D-model robots. And in my jaded experience, I find that even when a work has confidently stated its thematic intentions, the only thing that will turn the tide against it is technical incompetence. The human cost of Cyberpunk 2077 doesn’t matter, just the glitches. Darling in the FranXX could do no wrong amongst a certain audience of chuds until the second cour fell apart visually.
>>
>>20210882
It could have worked as a two parter if you just slotted in another battle with one of the millitaries before Amou came across the farm.
>>
>>
>>20210966
What website did you take this spiel from?
>>
>>20210966
Yes anon we know, go be useless elsewhere
https://www.animefeminist.com/amaim-warrior-at-the-borderline-episode-1/

>>20210981
sauce is there
I really wish the people who write these articles would do the bare minimum of looking at Habara's past works.
But that would require them to actually being invested in genuinely writing about anime.
>>
>>20210986
Gotta pick the thing to create the best outrage article from.
>>
The phrase “I don’t like mecha except for Gurren Lagann” is a quick way to spot an anime casual, but there’s a reason for its proliferation: Gurren Lagann was fearless in breaking from the Gundam mold, which so many other titles stick to like glue. (TTGL took plenty of inspiration from elsewhere, but that’s another topic altogether.) Kyoukai Senki is one of the dozens of giant robot series still stuck in Yoshiyuki Tomino’s shadow, and I’m not so hungry for a new mecha series that I’m willing to overlook its slavish duplication of his work. From the corrupt military officers to the main mech’s operating system to the series’ bizarre naming sense, so much of this episode is pulled straight from the Gundam playbook, and it’s kind of hard to endure. Sunrise’s dedication to the series is clear given its traditionally animated robots, and some of the background art was nice (especially during the narrated prologue at the start). But I can’t overlook all the things Kyoukai Senki lacks – character, originality, a sense of fun – just for one or two hand-drawn mecha fights each week.
>>
>>20210797
I don't know about the AMAIM part but isn't "warrior at the borderline" a direct translation of Kyoukai Senki?
>>
>>20210986
Much like Code Geass, some people jump the gun and can't see past the Japanese uprising to see the criticism of Japanese machismo.
We are a bit too early into Kyokai Senki to suss out its positions on say, JSDF rearmament, but I have a feeling it's not going to pull an Attack on Titan and start waxing lyrical about dying a glorious death in defence of the motherland and how maybe a bit of genocide is good.
>>
>>20211024
No, the title is most accurately just "Border wars" or "Border War story"
>>
>>20210814
Why do I feel it was a "calm before the storm" episode?
>>20211001
IT'S FUCKING TWO EPISODES.
>>
>>20211024
It is.
>>
>>20211034
And that was written in a blog post made after the first episode
https://starcrossedanime.com/fall-2021-first-impressions-kyuuketsuki-sugu-shinu-sankaku-mado-no-sotogawa-wa-yoru-kyoukai-senki/
>>
>>20211025
I don't see anything like that in either this show or Code Geass. If anything it's gonna be the opposite with this show in particular because of the America and China stand-ins, which somewhat resemble the situation Japan is dealing with in real life as opposed to whatever the hell was going on with Code Geass
>>
>>20211045
>Two episodes aired
>Already writing it off as a fail
I swear people these days.
>>
>>20211034
The first 2 episodes have felt like that.
Also meeting the resistance next episode seems like it's setting up for their first huge loss later on in the first cour.
We still haven't seen that black Kenbu yet, so when that appears It's definitely gonna claim some lives.
The pacing feels similar to how Ryvius started off with a few episodes of calm before shit started going haywire.

>>20211024
No, it's one of the more awkward ways to translate it and it doesn't even roll off the tongue in english.
Border War would've been more accurate.

>>20211025
This, people always overlook that Code Geass had them taking down the more radical Japanese faction early in the show and the black knights were an international coalition full of people from various ethnic backgrounds (and their leader himself was a gaijin). Even Akito the Exiled's crew was like this.
>>
>>20211050
It tries to go for a military setting but fails to commit. Too lighthearted and childish to work with the setup, so it falls flat.

I've basically lost hope for it. but I will keep watching because 2d mecha fights.
>>
>>20211070
>>20211080
Just wait. We will see how it develops.
>>
>>20210797
I really don't mind this kind of mascot, they have made it be a decent part of the series, its fun and useful. The desing its eh, but its growing on me.
And I like how for a change, the militaries seems to be competent.
And of course, of what kind of gundanium is the MC mech made from? Jeez.
Also the Bunyip is the cutest mech so far.
>>
>>20210866
That was a pretty kino moment, anyone knows the name of the riflemen/grande users drone? And at what faction they belong?
>>
The MC is dripless
>>
Oh fuck, this thread has already two-three copypastas already? We can't people just enjoy stuff anymore.
>>
>>20211034
>IT'S FUCKING TWO EPISODES
And both have been bad.
>>
>>20210882
Reminds me to the graze from IBO with the horns of the Kuromokuro, I dig them, tough the bunyip is just too cute.
>>
He looks like the mandatory cool guy who is really just a jobber.
>>
File: 1619713493740.jpg (129 KB, 1135x637)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>20211221
He's the one with this blue unit, right? I expect him to pull an Aida and try to run his long-range support/sniper unit as a front line assault machine and get wrecked constantly.
>>
>>20211221
Nah, remember the Fafner guy is doing this, and he knows how to make every character important in a fight scene. That's part of why Exodus was so great, and even here it looks like it's breaking down along similar lines. We got the close range MC robot with a short sword thing, the long range sniper guy, and the midrange spear girl. They'll all cover for each other
>>
The show is absolutely dripping in muh yamato damashii. It feels like Japan is one of the few major nations left in the world that has pride and reverence for its culture.
>>
>>20210814
ITS FUCKING AWESOME UOHHH
i didnt actually think it was going to be this good damn
>>
I find it funny how butthurt Americans get when they watch nationalistic shows from other countries. Their movies, tv-series and shows are the most patriotic out there but no other country is allowed to have a hint of pride in their country
>>
>>20211314
Its not americans, its people who have been propagandized that all nationalism is the worst thing. Typically, these people are left-wing politically.
>>
>>20211045
Well they aren't wrong.
>>
>>20211248
Nah it's the Girl that's close range I think because he unit's figure doesn't come with any guns.
But the MC's has a sword and a rifle
>>
>>20211314
Patriotism is fine, it's the imaginary oppression they push onto themselves that makes shows like this insufferable.
>>
>>20211221
He reminds me Ikki from Saint Seiya.
>>
>>20211366
t. nazi
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.11 MB, 1920x1080)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>
Feels like a mix of Gundam + Eureka Seven + Code Geass. Sunrise might actually be trying this time
>>
>>20211537
Shit call me a Nazi too then
>>
>>20211640
I'm not feeling much from the show right now. Fights are good, but the story hasn't had much direction so far. We'll see where it goes.
>>
>>20211080
You people never watched King Gainer, huh?
>>
>>20211050
hell, Ex Arm only required one to watch about half of the opening credits, and maybe read a small review of the director/animation team.
>>
>>20211557
This episode gave us Kenbu pulling a Giant Gorg and smacking a Nyuren in the head with a gun
>>
>>20211080
I am still optimistic, but the way his friends just sort of walked away without facing any consequences was really weak writing imo and definitely a failure to commit. The hostage situation was a good place to either establish stakes by having the MC abandon them to prison. I think this is still light enough to fit into the shows more lighthearted attempt at real robot. I recently watched Buddy Complex which is a lighter take on the genre, and even that still had Aoba coming to terms with war and making mistakes that get people hurt. I feel the hostage situation was simply wasted to make the MC and Gai look more heroic
>>
File: rpykMcam.jpg (23 KB, 251x305)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>The other alliances will make fun of you because you let a terrorist boy go
>>
>>20210966
>The human cost of Cyberpunk 2077 doesn’t matter, just the glitches.
This but semi-unironically.
>>
Another anime about Japan feeling like cucks
>>
>>20211045
>psgels
Further proving that anime blogs are rughtfully dying off.
>>
>>20211721
Anon he literally mentioned their still going to be watchlist. Imagkne feds monitoring your shit 24/7.

Really says a lot about a show when it triggers normies this hard when its only been 2 episodes.
>>
>>20211640
The fact that it reminds me way too much of other mecha is what's bugging me. Reminds of the same problem I had with Buddy Complex
>>
>>20211738
The Ocenian Bereau of Shitposting and Memetic Warfarr will make those jokes stop real quick, don't worry.
>>
He should have stayed with the tomato farmer instead of becoming Gai’s murder puppet
>>
>>20210859
Gai is 100% secretly evil, look him much he loves violence
>>
>>20211080
>military mecha can't be lighthearted
Is /m/ just full of newfags right now? Did no one here even watch pic related? Not a single death on-screen until more than 6 episodes in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9m3LOUzZs4
>>
>>20211833
Invasion of reddit and twitter destroyed this site. You can tell by the way they type.
>>
>>20211834
>Fun military is the strongest in the world
>Doesn't feel the need to put on a show because we're already competent
>Authoritarian virgin military that forces people to enlist
>copes for their weakness with state propaganda
>>
>>20211834
a mutt posted this
>>
>>20211791
>about Japan feeling like cucks
their still seething that they surrendered
>>
File: u45u54756767.png (728 KB, 1191x733)
728 KB
728 KB PNG
>>20211845
>Lost to towelheads
>Can't fight anyone except it's citizens
>Nato literally scolds burger president over that failure
>Competent
Is it any wonder why everyone's getting strapped but mutts?
>>
File: 1633373101913.webm (2.95 MB, 1024x576)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
>>20210966
>>20211001
>>20211045
>>20211080
What is with this show that it riles up leftypols?
>>
>>20211895
1000 yuan has been deposited yo your account.
>>
>>20211838
They're already trying their best to make discussion of this show a poisoned chalice.
>>
>>20211001
>copy and pasta from normie blogs to shitpost a show
Why do trolls do this? Didn't get it out of your system during Back Arrow? Fuck you assholes were doing this during Kuromukuro, and no one watched Kuromukuro.

>>20211907
I'll never understand why Japanese nationalism pisses people off so much. There are Japanese people who say the Rape of Nanking never happened. So fucking what? China says the long leap forward was bloodless, and that Tianmen Square never happened. Turkey claims the Armenian Genocide never happened. The Hutu's claim there was never a genocide of Tutsis. Same thing with the people responsible for Holodomor. This isn't fucking new, or unique. It's the default fucking state. Do people not understand the US admitting to the Trail of Tears is not the norm? And even then they hid the Road of Death, and hand wave away the drone shit. People don't own up to their atrocities. This is the historical norm, and nearly every major group has atrocities.
>>
>>20211907
Japanese nationalism pisses them off cuz "muh war crimes or whatever," just wait until they come out of the woodwork again when the MuvLuv anime gets up to the coup arc
>>
File: Kyoukai Senki Trio.jpg (192 KB, 1334x750)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>20211237
Yes.
>>
>>20211940
>Road of Death
Do you mean the Highway of Death? Unless this is some other unrelated thing I've never heard about, that's not even remotely close to the other things in this post.
>>
File: 0980-8689.png (315 KB, 1137x550)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
>>20211931
do mutts really?.
>>
File: EnglishCanEatShit2.gif (548 KB, 480x270)
548 KB
548 KB GIF
>>20211940
>>20211950
thank murican education

>MuvLuv anime gets up to the coup arc
Im ready to be disappointed
>>
>>20211833
There was no military in that show whatsoever
Just a bunch of disorganized yahoos banding together in an attempt to form a new country and a railroad company hiring a bunch of mercs
>>
>>20211080
>I've basically lost hope for it. but I will keep watching because 2d mecha fights.
even if they look shit and are boring? this show is not good.
>>
>>20211983
The Exodus force is a legitimate force, though. No difference from a militia, with everything from serious hardware to sidearms and uniforms. And both the IMA and Saint Regan are the railroad company's military by all definition since they control pretty much all Domepolis, even arresting people, controlling supply and bossing around the headrulers.
>>
File: 8785654577.png (43 KB, 866x172)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>20210797
I think I might just watch this show with /a/
>>>229314266
>>
Damn this show looks gorgeous, anyone that complains about muh nationalism or whatever the fuck is NOT a real anime fan let alone mecha.
>>
>>20212172
The show looks generic at best and bland at worst. And the plot and characters have nothing to them. Real mecha has actual plot and charactes, this doesn't.
>>
File: 1633982720264.jpg (233 KB, 1920x1080)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>20212180
its been two FUCKING episodes.
Fuck off back >>>>/twitter/
>>
>>20212180
>Real mecha
You glow in the dark tourist.
>>
What's with the protagonist's hair? Sometimes it's like he's got pigtails >>20210839.
>>
>>20212205
is this your first anime
>>
>>20212209
Name an anime where a guy has pigtails.
>>
>>20212224
ranma
>>
>>20212191
yes. two episodes of nothing.
>>
>>20212224
wait I thought you meant braids, MC from assassination classroom has pigtails
>>
>>20212008
I'm with the urbanoid, I've lived in the country and it's just not for everyone. Not surprised that's the target audience for this, rural people tend to be more nationalist while urban people tend to be more globalist.
>>
Shit. That was a very good episode. I hope they keep this up.
>>
>>20212254
because rural people tend to have lived there for generations, while urbanoids are probably renting some shitty flat they (and its owners) don't give a shit about
>>
so I think the show is decent so far, but what would the writing need to do to elevate it? I think the 2nd character should look cool but in a nice subversion turn out to be a good person or a big softy who just wanted to save shiba.
>>
>>20212285
Looks like an edgelord who will butthead with MC. Actually an okay guy who's kind of anti-social and slowly open up to him, eventually becomes his biggest ally, friend like how Tieria is for Setsuna
>>
>>20212295
Tieria was an asshole until the climax of S1.
>>
File: original.gif (674 KB, 500x277)
674 KB
674 KB GIF
>>20212313
he's referring to how tiera and setsuna relationship in s2. man that joke trailer for 00 s2 was accurate in ways one just didn't expect.
>>
>>20212285
>subversion
fuck off retard
>>
>>20211895
>Lost to towelheads
>Can't fight anyone except it's citizens
How many foreign wars China's won, again?
>>
>>20212411
(continue)
When is China going to Afghanistan?
>>
>>20211958
>Highway of Death
Yes that.

> that's not even remotely close to the other things in this post.
Fair enough
>>
WHY THE FUCK IS THIS GUY JON ARBUCKLE

LASANYAN NO PARTY
>>
>>20211025
>suss
Amogus
>>
>>20212180
Go watch 86 and leave us alone
>>
>>20212180
>Real mecha
tf does that mean tourist

>>20212244
thats 86
>>
File: 1608994153370.gif (150 KB, 500x500)
150 KB
150 KB GIF
>this thread
>>
https://twitter.com/FUKUYAMA_nime/status/1447780179762241540
Screening and talk show on October 23
>>
New waifu!?
>>
>>20212576
That's a boy.
>>
File: Gai see you.jpg (82 KB, 1280x722)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>
File: FBeEtqMVUAAgRo8.jpg (202 KB, 2048x945)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>20212580
No, she is clearly a girl
>>
>>20212605
I got a feeling tomboy onee-san isn't long for this world...
>>
>>20212610
no, not again...
>>
>>20212610
>>20212613
I'm gonna enjoy her "passing"
>>
>>20212610
C'mon, just because she probably isn't a pilot and we have Shion doesn't mean everyone outside of the main 3 are gonna die
>>
File: 1633982444952.jpg (127 KB, 1920x1080)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>20212613
It keeps happening.
Last 2 season's it was imouto's and this is the season of onee-san suffering...
>>
Ladies and gentlemen, I believe that we have our silver medalist - too plain to win, too cute to not keep around and juuuust right to end up with a minor side character in the post-finale timeskip.

>>20212610
She's going to be his initial crush but die a heroic death saving everyone's bacon as the result of the MC not being good enough at giant robot stuff (possibly after losing Gai) and then the real winner (probably an enemy ace/test tube baby/etc. and maybe attached somehow to edgelord-kun) with long enough hair is going to step in to fill the void.

>>20212623
RIP those magnificent pants.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (72 KB, 1280x720)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>20212619
She's gonna get the Valvrave Aina treatment and you know it.
>>
>>20211704
I never watched King Gainer but stumbled across it's op a long while back and thought it sounded good.

Is the anime any worth watching though?
>>
>>20212695
Yes, it's pretty good. I have only one complaint and you'll probably notice because you'll go "Wait, this is happening now? What?"
>>
>>20211834
>>/pol/
>>
>>20211940
>I'll never understand why Japanese nationalism pisses people off so much.
It is hard not to draw parallels with history since so many stories are derived from it. A lot of fiction where a people and/or nation were occupied was from experience with deeper insight into what being in a dystopian society was like.
Domestically, Imperial Japan has been very fascistic with their citizens and soldiers but Kyoukai Senki and others like it aren't about that, they're specifically about foreign powers.
But for Japan being occupied by foreign powers in Japanese history the most parallels you can get is the allied occupation and being turned into a giant military base during the cold war.
Whereas Japan has occupied foreign lands and treated the people there worse than how the Japanese are typically oppressed in said shows.
Honestly, I'd be fine if people wanted to write a story about an occupied dystopian Japan but these shows provide little to no insight generally and are used only as a plot device.

>People don't own up to their atrocities. This is the historical norm, and nearly every major group has atrocities.
This is true but they are all denialism and they are all bad.

One thing I noticed about the show is that the foreign occupiers is called Oceania like in 1984, just a vague idea of "foreign" or "other" except it doesn't seem to be satire or a comment on how some nationalistic people may think, so far it seems like just another villainous nation like in every other similar show
But it's only episode 2 and I may be reading too much into this. I'd probably still watch it for the mechs though, designs are very nice.
>>
>>20212701
It has a piss-poor mal rating but I'll take your word for it. If anything, at least there are cool robots
>>
I've been liking it so far, but now with the next episode and the ending theme I get the feeling they'll keep spending time on showing the pleasures of Japan or something and I'm honestly not interested in that.
>>
>>20212765
>I'm honestly not interested in that
Then don't watch.
Simple as.
>>
>>20212766
I mean, if the fourth episode keeps this going, I probably might.
>>
>>20211095
Kit's listed as "Brady Hound" but I've also seen the Nyurens listed as "New Ren" so could be different there too
>>
>>20212610
Anon I lost my sakugan tomboy waifu already, you can't take her away too.
>>
>>20211221
Nah. More like the serious no-nonsense guy with a tragic past and with a "FUCK FOREIGNERS" mentality.
>>
>>20211221
I’m curious how his AI is manipulating him into fighting
>>
>>20211791
That's literally all of them though.
>>
>>20212470
>thats 86
No, that's this crap.
>>
>>20211248
>the long range sniper guy,
Why does the long range glass cannon need to be a humanoid robot? If it has human limbs it should be able to hold its own in a fistfight, period.
>>
File: image_2021-10-12_130054.png (1.19 MB, 960x1440)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>20212989
>Why does the long range glass cannon need to be a humanoid robot?
>>
File: 1463901216521.png (237 KB, 540x515)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>>20212989
>>
It's pretty good so far
>>
>>20212765
If you didn't realize the show would be saturated in YAMATO DAMASHII from the premise alone, you're blind.
>>
>>20212764
Mal ratings are about as meaningful as a pile of shit soaked in gasoline. But yeah King Gained is good
>>
>>20211480
We've pretty much only seen the Oceanians being dicks out of the occupying powers so far and there are publicized negotiations among them to restore sovereignty to a united Japan.
>>
>>20211811
>>
>>20212763
>One thing I noticed about the show is that the foreign occupiers is called Oceania like in 1984, just a vague idea of "foreign" or "other" except it doesn't seem to be satire or a comment on how some nationalistic people may think, so far it seems like just another villainous nation like in every other similar show
It's just Greater Australia.
>>
>>20211557
I started watching this thing because of the design of the green 'Straya mecha. I hope they get more screentime. /blogpost end
>>
This show claims that Australia (Oceania) will be a superpower like Russia (Eurasia), China (Asia), the USA (NAC), and they will fight against the USA and occupy Japan.

One colony drop was clearly not enough. Colony-drop Sidney, NOW!
>>
This show, I feel, has been mostly generic.
The second episode has a first half you could see in a million places that barely tells us anything about our paper-thin protagonist that we don't know.
And then makes it moot by even destroying the fishing boat.

I'd harp on the classic Gundam episode structure of talk-talk, then battle, but it's way too early to accuse it of that.

Animation and designs are enjoyable, so that keeps me watching.

But oh boy, a mysterious new sniper pilot that coldly counts his shots? Never seen that before.
>>
File: Ej5mJ7GXsAAUKk1.jpg (97 KB, 1200x675)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>20213327
but anon the master race of Australia can't be stop.
>>
File: 1615866792397.jpg (2.05 MB, 1920x2300)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
>>20213334
>But oh boy, a mysterious new sniper pilot that coldly counts his shots? Never seen that before.
name 5 pls?
>>
>>20213327
Aussie villains is probably the most unique thing this show has going for it right now. I hope they are the ones to do a colony drop on Japan in the name of revenge
>>
>>20212764
Go back and stay there retard.
>>
>>20213149
True, ill keep that in mind. Interesting mech design.
>>
>>20213205
My bad then, must have missed that. The nations are literally just have the continents for their names.
>>
File: Mser-04.jpg (1.02 MB, 1827x2998)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
Outside of the
>foreigners are so EEEVIIIIIILLL
the main issue with this show is how cliched it is, but I guess it's understandable because the audience is teenagers, not adults who've already watched dozens/hundreds of robot shows; so for them it's fine. What I don't get is why Gai looks like a magical girl mascot. Is Sunrise trying to attract the girls, or are japanese boys now into mascots too?

Also, who's the robot designer? The white drones defeated at the beginning of ep 2 remind me of the Anf.
>>
>>20213611
Ippei Gyōbu
Kanetake Ebikawa
Kenji Teraoka
Yūya Koyanagi
>>
>>20213611
I really like the designs in general, specially the grunts. The brady has become my prefered, remnds me to a Python from heavy gear with wings.
>>
File: 1632937380077.jpg (82 KB, 800x450)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>20212763
>>20211845
>>20211080
>>20212986
>>20212180
>>20213138
>/pol/niggers ruined another thread
Can we just ban all americans?
>>
>>20212986
Nah, that's 86. It's okay though, you can keep crying your heart out.
>>
>>20213611
>people still acting like random fairy characters are new to mecha
>what are the fairies in Dunbine and L-Gaim, the tiny robots in Orguss, or the various co-pilot Haros over the years
>>
Good show so far.
>>
>>20213681
My bad anon, lets stop talking about kyoukai senki and talk about something else. Whats on your mind?
>>
>>20210834
I was secretly hoping that he will take the slice of life pill and live on a farm forever
>>
File: Do not disassebble.png (464 KB, 551x399)
464 KB
464 KB PNG
DANGAR DO NOT DISASSEBBLE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE5QcJy7ypo
Official MV of "You're My Perfect Mirror"
>>
File: Gaionting.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1080)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>
>>20213939
Every episode I'm more sure they will put a madoka with those motherfuckers, they are just too good at manipulating people.
>>
>>20213334
>classic Gundam episode structure of talk-talk, then battle
Holy shit, it's like you guys only have Gundam as your only frame of reference.
Gundam did not invent the concept of building up to a climax
>>
>>20214066
/m/ is filled with newfags.
>>
I feel like the show has potential but we'll have to see. It really feels like a mecha from the 2007s - 2014s.

>>20210866
Got real Code geass feels here

>>20210882
In any other mecha anime maybe but it really seems like they're speeding through mecha troupes and idea.

>>20210968
it's really growing on me

>>20211640
>>20211662
I'm feeling that. Like the MCs a mix of Suzaku and Renton with gundamesque troupes.
>>
>>20213939
I wish i had a fun little ai pal to get me pumped up and talk me into fighting.
>>
Why the fuck has this thread been raided so hard. Nobody cares about what twitter retards think about it, you are just trying to create fake controversy. Go take this shit somewhere else.
>>
I wonder how they're going to make any enemy a credible threat. Second fight ever and Kenbu can literally 1v12 one of the best militaries in the world, and even something like 10 seconds of sustained point blank fire from multiple units only scratches the paint.
>>
>>20215379
I mean, the fact that even with that armor, it was still getting overwhelmed and pinned down seems like a decent step this early

Then of course, theres the "Ghost" AMAIM from the OP thats clealy a major enemy
>>
>>20210797
I liked the detail of AMAIM weapons being "ID-Locked". As demonstrated, it keeps an AMAIM's weapons from being used against them (at least in their intended role).
>>
>>20215424
I'm expecting the AI to go berserk and make the MC go on a rampage ala the ZERO System.
>>
File: mecha-bunyip.png (431 KB, 1080x742)
431 KB
431 KB PNG
What are your thoughts on this mecha?
>>
>>20215424
Sure, but that was very clearly just he MC being a shitter and falling for a trap, even then he could've gone way harder if he could just facetank everything. Why even dodge or calculate all those roundabout jumps when you could run straight at them and laugh as they plink off your armor. And that's before getting into how vulnerable the control minivan is.
As for the "Graze Ein" in the OP, my guess is it's going to be some sort of tortured AI, maybe a sibling unit to the chibis the main cast have. It looks frankestein'd together, so I'm guessing similar arc to the big hand evil gundam from Re:rise
>>20215434
Cute, original, refreshing, has potential for many variations. Only thing I'm not so sure about is how far back the waist join is in the thigh, lots of empty space back there. I know it's for when it stands upright, but it feels like you could have at least added vents or something there to cover up the gunpla-looking exposed joint
>>
>>20215430
Nah, pretty sure thats a different AMAIM. Since Amou found the Kenbu, that means someone else built it, and then the likelihood of a sister unit having been built.

Moreover, I'm pretty sure Gashin's bio talked about it and wanting to avenge his father.
>>
>>20215434
It's one of my favorite mook robots since the Graze from IBO.
>>20215455
You might be right. The shadow could just be to hide details of the sihlouette. I still stand by one of the AI's being secretly evil or something, but after Vivy where I thought for sure Matsumoto was gonna be the final boss, I may not be as good at calling this as I think.
>>
>>20215379
Give them a melee weapon.
>>
>>20215434
I don't get the hype really, feels forced as fuck
>>
File: R.jpg (122 KB, 475x539)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>20215496
Closes thing we'll get to mt's now that ac koto is dead.
>>
>>20215472
I'm curious where the AI are coming from. They aren't a standard thing that AMAIMs come with, yet we know that all 3 of the MC's crew will have one and that they fit perfectly into a slot on the piloted units.
Not to mention Gai ended up in the middle of the forest somehow. Probably not leftover from the war since his battery either would've died or he would've called for Amou much earlier in his scavenging.
>>
>>20215430
I want them to manage to "tame" it somehow through linking AI with it, and then once they beat it, Gai reveals he was a villain all along who wants to perpetuate war to justify his existence as a combat AI, and takes control of the AMAIM and beats the shit out of Kenbu and Shiiba while delivering Metal Gear-esque quips.
>>
>>20215379
Mind you, it's not the fleshie that is being a good pilot, it's the AI who fights that good and just keeps a pet fleshie inside it to humor it in gratitude for having saved the AI.
>>
>>20215514
GAI seems to know about the war, as if it had experienced it itself, though. Of course, it might just use its perfect access to all the databases to talk about said trivia, but it seems like it was gonna tell an anecdote from the war, before it got interrupted.
>>
So how much of the pilloting is the kid and how much the AI? It feels like the AI is doing 100% of the work since it did things like the sumo throw without the pilot knowing it could do that, but then the rifle whack was the MC's idea. Is it the kid piloting and the AI just assumes direct control every now and then?
>>
>>20215597
>the AI just assumes direct control every now and then?
Seems like it. I mean, those are ultra-advanced sapient super-AI that can 1337-haxx0r almost everything and see everything and know everything and completely understand nuances and human behavior and can take control over a factory and build/finish their own bodies and so on.
They definitely wouldn't need fleshies inside them to function.
>>
>>20215597
it's like a videogame, you want the character to do a long jump but you just keep the button pressed, you don't move your legs at all
>>
>>20215379
He still lost though

Just because he’s invulnerable doesn’t mean he can’t be beaten
>>
>>20210814
I'm having a good time
>>
>>20210814
Fights have been solid so far, but I felt like the main plot of episode two was out of place? Wouldn't they have the episode where the MC thinks about leaving the war behind and settling down somewhere quiet later down the line (I know he's just running for now, but it just felt weird)? I just hope the next episode has him meeting a resistance or something.
>>
File: Episode 2 Shiba.jpg (207 KB, 1920x1080)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>
>>20216292
Why is Sunrise treating Sunrise Beyond like it's a separate entity?
>>
File: 1610799735135.jpg (199 KB, 1280x720)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>20214926
A large majority of threads on this site have devolved into either
>twitter screencaps
>talking about trannies
>talking about china
>talking about america
without fail for the past few years. Everything is identity politics turned up to 11. Americans obsess over china, Europeans obsess over America, Chinese do whatever the fuck they do when the bypass the great firewall.
>you are a chink/mutt/paki/tranny/poor/nigger/etc
More and more will 4chan be known as the "fun posting site where you shouldn't have serious discussions" instead of the place where you can discuss pretty much anything(on the right board) without the shackles of a public identity if the gigajannies don't actually try to do anything to curb the blatant problems that persist.

That said, i'm fairly optimistic about the show so far. The mecha designs are definitely growing on me the more I see them.
>>
>>20216292
>That earring
So it's 100% confirmed he's gay right?
>>
>>20216261
I feel like the entire farm scene was just a setup for Shiba to reminisce about as he's dying/sacrificing himself, or just planting the seeds for what he'll do at the end of the story after the main plot gets resolved or calms down.
>>
>>20216418
That earring is a speaker for his phone I think
>>
File: 1634086250554.jpg (118 KB, 687x630)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>20215434
I'm gonna turn it into Rex
>>
>>20215597
I thnk at the moment the chibi ai is like a super macro than reacts to whatever the pilot is doing, at the moment is still calibrating and getting the juicy, juicy combat info.
>>
>>20216430
Now that you mention it, it does look like the little walker you get in MGSV
>>20216434
and probably eating the pilot's brainwaves to grow smarter or something
>>
>>20216434
I've also got a feeling that Gai can somehow intercept the AI-bots commands as they're getting them to react at extreme speeds.
>>
>>20216418
His hair didn't tell you that?
>>
File: 1600687538050.gif (35 KB, 112x112)
35 KB
35 KB GIF
>>20216430
I want to pet the Bunyip!
>>
>>20216436
>>20216438
You know, the part of intercepting the enemies ai-bots could also be a big part.
And I wonder how will they explain the uber resitance of Shiiba mech, it was ridiculous, six drones emptied they main gun and only scratches.
>>
>>20216472
Chinese guns probably
>>
This kinda reminds me of Buddy Complex and all. Nice, clean design and all but very formulaic and "by the book".

I think it's pretty okay so far but it lacks a certain spark that hooks you from the start, like Code Geass for example.
>>
>>20216472
We all know it's gonna be "It's strong because it's Japanese folded one gorillion times"
>>
>>20216609
Well it's not like there wasn't a time out there when Japan actually made superior products in every way, oh wait
>>
>>20215379
There will be a piloted enemy AMAIM that will be a threat.
>>
>>20216429
It is, you see it blinking a couple times this episode
>>
>>20216459
>Braids for pulling
Power bottom
>>
>>20210966
America or at least America politic should be ban in /m/
>>
>>20211001
Enemy mech are un-manned so the kid pilot could go on rampage and suffered no PTSD already a improvement from typical gundam war drama.
>>
>>20216943
Real politics should be banned all around, as its the main form of trolling in this site and the internet at large (unless you are in a echocamber, that's it).
But if we will go to talk about politics, what is even the reason than the four super powers would all maintain sizable garrisons in Japan at all?
>>
File: todd.png (246 KB, 517x370)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
>>20215379
send in better pilots with plot armour, knowing sunrise he has a mask.
>>
>>20216952
I was going to say it was split up in a scramble for Japan but the size of Japan itself probably wouldn’t hold too many troops on the mainland itself between 4 superpowers. If anything there should be a giant sea blockade of all 4 powers that houses the majority of force projection
>>
File: Shiba ep 2.jpg (51 KB, 1200x675)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>
>>20217221
how much cum can fit in his ass?
>>
so the cockpit is on the back like code geass, is it safe?
>>
File: Kyoukai Senki police.jpg (314 KB, 1540x871)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>
>>20211907
Nationalism is a curse that makes people fight one another. If there were no nations there'd be no wars, no crime, no death. Imagine all the people.

They're sick in the head.
>>
>>20217291
Lol, I almost took you seriously.
>>
File: 1414924222222.gif (856 KB, 500x375)
856 KB
856 KB GIF
>>20212605
>the writers faces as they develop this character

>>20212623
Is this Sakugan?
>>
>>20211704
Is there any /ss/ in that?
>>
This mecha looks ugly as hell. I hope this is just a prototype.
>>
>>20217291
imperialism is the curse that kills and it's promoted by globalist morons who want to impose their vision to the rest of the world. like you, currently. now go to bed.
>>
>>20216418
For most of history earrings on guys has never been gay.
>>
>>20217301
>Is this Sakugan?
Not that anon, but yes.
>>
>>20217309
It looks great actually.
>>
>>20217318
>globalist
hi Alex, are the frogs still gay?
>>
>>20217590
The Frogs changing sex for toxic spills/hormones is a pretty known fact even before alex jones said it dude.
>>
>>20217291

Take your John Lennon records, smash them and snort them up with your HRT shite
>>
Bunyip is best design
>>
File: Eating.webm (997 KB, 1280x720)
997 KB
997 KB WEBM
>>
>>20220089
it's really amazing after all these years anime can still find a way to make me think a hairstyle looks kinda fucking stupid
>>
File: Kyoukai Senki Gun.webm (2.95 MB, 1280x720)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
>>
>>20220099
I think it looks pretty good. Feels like early Brave protagonists'.
>>
>>20220237
yeah it does look like a sort of frumpy girl
>>
>>20220237
Now I wish Kyoukai Senki was a Brave series clone.
>>
>>20220099
Watch more anime retard.
>>
File: Faceshot.webm (1.47 MB, 1920x1080)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB WEBM
>>
>>20217234
it's the entire torso, they're pretty small
>>
>>20220349
These guys remind me of the jobber tekkadan MS from IBO S2.
>>
>Oceania
A really popular faction in mecha media, isn't it?
>>
The setting and premise is some laughable levels of nippon banzai, but the actual content is pretty inoffensive so far. If Divers is any indication I'm expecting the writing to be well-intentioned mediocrity with a protagonist who's a good noodle without much depth and it might have some neat ideas that the writer doesn't execute well in practice.
I wish Solty Rei had better a better show.
>>
>>20220545
Was a better show I mean. I've tried to get into it three or four times now and it's just kind of boring for how much of a rock solid premise it has.
>>
File: 1452183745056.jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>totally not modern day japan is experiencing an economic and social collapse and has no natural resources or real significance to exploit
>four major factions of evil foreigners don't just want to sneakily conquer it through underhanded means and political strongarming, but they also want to send in a shitload of immigrants and then want it so much they have a big four-way war over who gets to have it
You'd think the writers would at least put some sort of magic plot device crystal or metal or something that only Japan has to justify why everybody wants a piece of an island nation bad enough to escalate to a full-on mecha war. At least when Code Geass did it super Britain was conquering the entire world and not just Japan and Kyoukai Senki wants the Code Geass money real fucking bad.
>>
>>20220566
>japanese animation
>portrays Japan as good country
That suprises no one, so give them a break, will you?
Really, what with you people and hating any national pride reasoning?
If you want actual "realistic" reasons - Japan can be made in great tourist spot for someone's country as well as propaganda media powerhorse, considering how tight by the balls amount of audience their media has. - I mean you right now choose to watch their anime instead of any other type of entertainment after all.
As well as human resources which are still well educated and have some work ethic.
>>
>>20214006
I think Gai's primarily gathering death flags
>>
>>20216609
Japan didn't manufacture the Kenbu as far as we know
Amou did nothing but assemble it out of box

>>20217628
I thought it was fish that was documented in

>>20220566
It's pretty simple, if the blocs hate each other already Japan's geographic position makes it a buffer for whoever controls it.
And we haven't seen any immigrants, it looks like they exclusively send over military forces at this point in time.
>>
>>20220587
>As well as human resources which are still well educated and have some work ethic.
The very first episode makes it clear that the nips are all uneducated and unemployed and thus also unskilled in 2061.
I think the realization will be that Japan really is irrelevant within the series and only used as a testing ground between the four powers to see how their mecha drone armies work.
With those extremely advanced AIs around who can even build themselves and have full access and knowledge to everything, there's literally no need for humans whatsoever, expect to limit them on purpose or as cute pets around.
If it's just lebensraum, then at least Russia and China (or Eurasia and Asia, as they are now called here) would be duking it out on the Eurasian continent, where there's still plenty more space around.
>>
>>20220665
empty land is not that interesting, when you have option of free and developed real estate. With people who pay taxes to boot.
>>
>>20220667
With their fancy modern technology, building new cites in the middle of nowhere to put all their population is far more sensible than shooting it out on a frigging tiny island where three other powers are also using giant robot armies to destroy all the cities in the border regions.
Especially since the premise of the show is that the Japanese have degenerated into an utterly useless and uneducated bunch who can't even pay taxes and serve no purpose anymore, simply because they didn't start making enough babies in the 2020s to avert the socioeconomic collapse of their country.
>>
>>20220722
>cost of raw materials
>cost of labor
>finding way to entice population to move in, by providing benefits for businesses and real estate
>wait for decade until it starts bringing back enough taxes to go out of red
Building city honestly sounds more expensive than just sending army which you already use budget on, regardless of fancy shmancy sci-fi tech
>>
>>20220525
It's right next to Japan, they can fell the Australian's threatening aura from overseas
>>
>>20220753
It stimulates the economy, if you want to keep your pleb population busy.
However, I quite frankly expect that EVERYWHERE, not just Japan, has unemployment problems because of the advancements of AIs and the corresponding automation.
>>
>>20220789
using that logic you can say that war is the most cost effective way to stimulate economy.
also the people who will populate built city in a middle of nowhere have to come from somewhere.
>>
>>20220796
A city built in the middle of nowhere that doesn't get destroyed all the time is gonna be more productive than a city built in Japan (which is also the middle of nowhere) that does get destroyed all the time in a four-side war.
Remember, the Japanese have become so few that they actually had to allow such massive amounts of foreigners into their country that the Japanese literally lost control over their own nation and are now occupied and divided by four powers that use robot drone armies to shoot at each another.
>>
>>20220822
partial localized destruction which is relatively easy to repair vs complete new city with infrastructure of supporting it and connecting it to other cities.
You should start selling horses.
>>
>>20220599
>And we haven't seen any immigrants,
We haven't really seen much of the population in general so far, just Japanese people getting oppressed by some randos and the military. It depends on whether you interpret this line as moving in regular citizens (not unreasonable given japan is getting squatted on because of its population crisis reducing them to a minority) or simply military personnel in the leadup to the war. If it's one or the other we'll find out in a future episode once our protagonist isn't spending all of his time on the run.
>>
>>20213611
>What I don't get is why Gai looks like a magical girl mascot.
Typically Gundam series have pretty big female demographic, although that's usually due to going hard on pretty-boy protagonists and the brand itself being very entrenched in the female demographic way back since 0079 where Tomino says the female fans were the original fans and called the model kit buying military mecha fans late to the party. And that's not even getting into Seed' s massive teenage girl demographic success.

So I guess the plan is the guys buy the robots, and the girls buy marketable mascots and character merch.
>>
>>20220826
Nations are constantly building new cities even today, so that's not gonna be a problem in 2061 either, which probably would be built and maintained by all those fancy-shmancy AIs anyway.
>>
>>20220835
Nations also has no problem waging little localized wars over resources or just grabbing some land if it's up for takers.
They can do both.
>>
>>20220835
Even new countries are still popping up. This surprised me when I watched the Olympics and there were lots of new countries that I have never heard of.
>>
>>20213611
>What I don't get is why Gai looks like a magical girl mascot.
Typically Gundam series have pretty big female demographic, although that's usually due to going hard on pretty-boy protagonists and the brand itself being very entrenched in the female demographic way back since 0079 where Tomino says the female fans were the original fans and called the model kit buying military mecha fans late to the party. And that's not even getting into Seed' s massive teenage girl success. Now obviously it's not Gundam but the point is it's not like girls don't watch mecha shows at all and they aren't pandered to as well.

So I guess the plan is the guys buy the robots, and the girls buy marketable mascots and the character merch.
>>
File: FBk0iFzVcAEsAWY.jpg (248 KB, 1536x2048)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>20216430
https://twitter.com/Luckybirth/status/1448246523268009992
>>
>>20220944
>Rex pulls out tiny knives
>>
File: FBk0iGGUUAsjd-T.jpg (209 KB, 1536x2048)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>20221137
Well, the Bunyip is the weapon to surpass the Metal gear after all.
>>
>>20221144
Here we see the male Bunyip deploying his crotch claws. Since Bunyip reproduction is not consensual, they are used to hold down the female during coitus
>>
>>20221144
Wait, the torso is different. It can't normally split like that right?
>>
>>20221366
Its a kitbash, dunno how they modified it.
>>
I just want to know what the fuck happened in this universe to make Australia a superpower with the power projection to occupy anything.
>>
>>20222063
ANZAC Biscuit diplomacy.
>>
>>20222063
it's not just australia, it's oceania
>>
>>20222063
PanO super power. One day the Aussies will be the true anglo super power. Not the US, not the UK. The Anzacs will make the world kneel with South East Asian manufacturing, Australian quality and Kiwi common sense.
>>
File: OCU_Flag.jpg (37 KB, 1095x730)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>20222063
Australia stopped being retarded and made the OCU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwQkQxvWilk
>>
File: Kyoukai Senki Ep2.webm (2.94 MB, 1280x720)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>
File: c5d.jpg (66 KB, 324x242)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Can't believe they finally made an anime out of pic related
>>
>>20211791
>>20211838
>>20211907
I like the show but you have to admit that the premise is funny. Its clearly visually inspired by Gundam; as per Sunrise formula we are presented with our white red and Gold V-fin robot to save the day. But Tomino's original shows almost always inevitably took detours to make their point. Typically he was obsessed with decrying war, xenophobia, shit like that. But the fact is that it was the look of his work that caught on, not the substance (fair enough for what should've been a series of kids' cartoons). Unless this show takes a serious turn somewhere, thats what it is: same look, polar opposite substance. A Gundam who starts a nationalist war to expel the hated foreigners, pretty fucking ironic.
>>
>>20225213
>A Gundam who starts a nationalist war to expel the hated foreigners, pretty fucking ironic.

It's called Dougram (1981) and it's still better than any Gundam show made during the last fourty two years.
>>
>>20222090
>This is a prequel to Infinity, Gai ends up becoming ALEPH
>>
>>20225235
based
>>
>>20225213
It's really early to assume this is going to go full retard with the banzaiwank.
>>
>>20225287
>Setting is muh opressed nippon
>All the enemies are evil foreigners
>Japanese are harassed by the police, pretty much the eleven treatment
>Super strong nipponese mech huilt by muh grandpa in a cave with a box of scraps
>Painted in the japanese flag colors
>Overwhelmingly superior sply for being japanese
>Also the japanese are the only ones brave enough to actually man the things rather than using remote control
Don't be naive anon
>>
>>20220566
>>
Can somebody repost the picture of how Japan was divided up between the four "superpowers" Russia, China, USA and Australia?
I wanna see if it's really gonna be four sides shooting at each another, or if the potential conflict zones are set up that it's only China vs. Australia and Russia vs. USA, making it rather a stealth-two side war.
>>
>>20225213
Okay retard.
>>
>>20222088
>Australia, New Zealand, PNG and Fiji as well!
Japan doesn't stand a chance.
>>
>>20225655
the British empire legacy lives on
>>
File: ThinkinRealHard.gif (1.54 MB, 480x264)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB GIF
>>20220566
I'm assuming it's the same situation as the middle east
the middle east was essentially a military testing ground for 20 years following 9/11.
Considering Japan's varied climate and geography, it would actually be much better to test hardware there than in the middle east.
>>
>>20226026
Maybe the also took over indonesia, thats probably the only way i can see them standing up to eurasia asia, and whatever america is called here.
Australia does have alot of resources besides that though, so it is possible that they could build a robot army, somehow.
>>
>>20225247
I mean we already have the not fusis running around being shits. PanO #1 hyperpower
>>
File: Kyoukai Senki - map.png (806 KB, 2000x1990)
806 KB
806 KB PNG
>>20225859
This is based on the map in episode one.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYx_8qbAlig&t=384s
>>
>>20222090
It all makes sense, especially as PanO extensively use unmanned TAGs.
>>
>>20225301
>>20225213
I'm kinda intrigued by the unapologetic nationalism. All the way down to the "Whee working the land is fun and good".
I don't think this sort of thing is bad at all.

Although I am wondering about 2 things:
1. When will the "Oh shit nobody told me I gotta fight HUMANS" twist come along? How will our protags handle it?
2. Will it keep Japan as the victims all the way to the end?
>>
>>20227086
>How will our protags handle it?
Hyperventilation, sulking, YARUSHIKANAI DA , blam blam blam, same deal as usual?

Or something else...
>>
>>20227086
>How will our protags handle it?
gai takes over and obliterates the enemy pilots. it might even pull and enders game style twist where the protaganist has already killed a few humans thinking they were just unmanned AI.
>>
>>20227141
>gai takes over and obliterates the enemy pilots
Might be a cool scene. Would make up for this shit's annoying voice.

I wonder what excuse they'll use for putting people in the bots, tho. Better reactions or some such
>>
>>20227181
They could even handwave it as
>these terrorists physically manning their mechas are destroying us in super uneven conflicts
>there must be something were missing, get in that robot soldier!
>>
>>20227192
>But Captain, the specs are what made the difference! His robot outright chucked a dude!
>>
>>20227181
AI can jam the drones forcing men to pilot mech
>>
>>20228204
It might also be able to just hijack them altogether. That would actually do a lot to sell it as a major treat for the series.
>>
>>20227086
>I don't think this sort of thing is bad at all.
I don't mind it either but it was on-the-nose to the point of being obnoxious in the first episode. Japan is occupied by foreign armies and the Nips are second-class citizens in their own country, we fucking get it - just start the damn story already instead of laboring the point.
>>
>>20228559
You are exaggerating.
And Japan being occupied is the point. The story will obviously revolve around this. Everything that has happened so far has happened because of this.
>>
>>20210966
Code Geass did it a decade and a half ago.

But I agree that the train wreck is in. It's only a matter of time.
>>
>>20225655
I'm in tears, anon.
>>
>>20214454
But they're just kids!
>Come on anon! Their father killed your fellow countrymen!
They didn't have anything to do with it
>The apple doesn't fall far from the tree anon!
I can't do it...
>Watch out anon, they're going for the bomb!
AHHHHH!
>Good job anon! Let's go for their mother's house! I hear they have lots of bad guys there.
>>
>>20227181
>I wonder what excuse they'll use for putting people in the bots, tho. Better reactions or some such
Depends on which way they want to go with it, really. If you come up with a plot device that allows you to at least semi-permanently disable the entire infrastructure necessary for remotely operated drones then that's easy enough but from that point on fights are going to include tons of dead grunts. If you come up with a situational solution (like drones working but not well enough or some kind of localized and limited ability to disable them) then you can spend most of your fights killing drones and limit dead enemies mostly to specific antagonists. Personally I think that the latter is much more likely.

>>20229427
>I thought you said you wanted to win?
Yes but-
>You are a terrorist. Terror is your weapon. You need to convince the soldiery that whatever they get out of coming here is not worth what it takes from them, that a paycheck isn't worth an eye or a leg or a life. Before long they'll stay huddled in their garrisons and the people will start to gain confidence in themselves.
It's wrong!
>I have studied the entire history of mankind at war and I can tell you, completely and unequivocally, that terror works. The most important thing at this stage in the conflict is to get the people on our side and angry and to that end we need to create mutual provocation. I have prepared a list of soft targets on both sides - areas where tensions are low and relations are good, the homes of the wives and children of commissioned officers - and drawn up plane to strike them in false flag operations. We will burn the fields, destroy the flow of food and goods to the people, make life unbearable. We will take food from their bellies and fill their hearts with rage until they rise up and slit the throats of every foreigner they see, undaunted by cannon and void of mercy.
There has to be another way!
>There is not. Embrace your destiny, Amou.
>>
>>20228204
>>20228272
Aight I can see that happening
>>
File: E0-Q4uNX0AMwk8H.png (210 KB, 427x317)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>>20229796
Jesus fucking christ, Gai
>>
>>20227181
Maybe it'll be like psycho pass thing where the ai is too powerful and sentient for its own good so a human has to watch over it.
>>
>>20229796
>>20229427
Ngl, that's more or less what I think it will happen. A bit less in your face mind you.
>>
>>20210797
Honestly, the mecha animation sucks ass tho, IBO got a lot of movements and detailed shots compared to the first 2 episodes. We were bamboozled by that ultra crisp trailer Sunrise revealed several months earlier.
>>
>>20230271
The only shoot we’ve seen so far from the trailer is Kenbu standing up, so there’s still the rest that hasn’t shown up.
>>
>>20224651
Thought the same lel
>>
File: Loop version.webm (660 KB, 800x450)
660 KB
660 KB WEBM
>>20210797
>>
>>20232458
Am I the only one who really likes the designs of the Nyurens?
>>
>>20210797
Not-Setsuna? Nice.
>>
I'm into the show so far. I think episode 2 was pretty good and I think 3 has a lot of potential.
>>
Nationalist wankery is cringe no matter which country does it.
>>
>>20233540
Nationalism is good actually
>>
Back when birth rates were Japan's main problem, we got mecha anime with babymaking propaganda. In the present day China is Japan's main problem, so they're making "expel foreigners" propaganda

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.