[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1580719901258.png (1.42 MB, 1280x720)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
Did anyone even actually like this show?
>>
>>20115791
I'll watch it and get back to you.
>>
I had very low expectations and was satisfied. Despite the time skips it worked out well, especially the evolution of MS designs.
>>
>>20115791
I liked gen 2, and I think that must have been a common opinion because of that OVA set in the period.
Could just have been fujo bucks though.
>>
>>20115791
I wanted to, but a combination of Asemu's arc being dull and Kio's devolving after coming home from Mars just made things wonky. Age would have benefited from combining minor characters.
>>
>>20115791
There's good elements, and a G Gen game could do a lot with the material, especially in a crossover story, but it's terrible execution on a narrative level.

Only Build Divers is worse in terms of storytelling.
>>
>>20116158
This, I watched it after all the constant /m/ shitting and I was pleasantly surprised. All of the problems that it has (minus Kio being annoying) can be very easily fixed with an edited down compilation of movies.

Also, Clanche is best alternate universe GM.
>>
>>20115791
You posted basically the only genuinely good scene in the whole show, so no. The only good thing most people have to say about AGE is that Flit's transformation from innocent kid to bitter old man is good, or they wank it to Oldtypes beating Newtypes and thus love the super pilot stuff in Gen 2, even though it's an awful execution and the rest of Gen 2's story is meaningless bullshit.
>>
>>20115791
Yes, it's not the best but it's not the worst. A lot of Japanese are showing love for it these times since the 10th anniversary is coming soon and even Gundam Cafe is having some thematics products.
>>
>>20115791
I do, to a point. Generation 1 was great, if a bit shaky in pacing, Gen 2 was also good, then Kio shows up and the and things start to fall apart, with everything after Kio goes to Mars being a trainwreck. However, the MS designs were always good to amazing, with the EFF's retro-spaceman look of their MS like the Genoace and Clanche being especially amazing. Also Flit deserves more love as a great Gundam protag. And Kio should be shamed for using his X-Rounder BS to mentally violate his own grandpa to get him to do what he wants.
>>
>>20115791
I liked the setting and mecha, as well as some moments across the entire series. But I still think was a very flawed and not thought out show. The whole show should been exclusively about Flit.
>>
Post awesome music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ-K3M6l7Gg
>>
File: flit4.png (64 KB, 560x315)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
I'm in the minority here but I feel the show would be vastly improved by keeping more of the focus on Flit in every arc. He was the strongest thing in the show, watching him go from determined but idealistic young hero, to a hyper-competent and ruthless commander, to Bask Om if he grandaddy was by far the most compelling thing about AGE. I want to see him in his early 20s, when he's just fucking executing Vagan squads with all the AGE-1 wears we never saw in the show, let us see more of the transitionary phases of his character.
Also let him either nuke the fuckers at the end or force one of his successors to put him down there and then, the UNDERSTANDING ending was a huge let down and just went against everything the man stood for, he watched these fucking Martian animals take everything he loved away from him, there is absolutely no way he wouldn't have pulled the trigger.
>>
>>20116603
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2BDXkSQrDw
Does kind of lose something without Obright slowly forcing a knife into someone's head.
>>
>>20115791
I liked the first two arcs, that's kinda it
>>
>>20115791
The PSP games kept me interested in the show until the end. It sort of faded almost entirely from memory since then though.
>>
>>20116621
Yurin had already tasted enough blood anon.
>>
File: mcfuckinglost.jpg (10 KB, 450x450)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>20116736
And his mother? And Woolf? There's not enough Vagan blood in the universe to pay the debt.
>>
>>20116603
Unironically the best ED in the entire Gundam franchise and I'll die on this hill

https://youtu.be/gLLl9VIeYvA
>>
>>20116783
I do love it, but ED4 really hits me too.
>>
I like age 3 and I think it got robbed of its chance to shine. That's about all I remember of the series now.
>>
>>20115791
Up until Kio was introduced. I don't know, that's when everything seemed to fall apart, because they couldn't really come up with any GOOD reason for Kio to be a pilot other than "He's an Asuno!". Somehow they managed to make a bland, characterless, directionless character into one of the most insufferable gits I ever had the misfortune of watching.
I nearly dropped the series when he managed to make a 3-on-3 MS Fight into an embarrassing boring slog.
He doesn't have a rival or anything, he's just kinda there to get into everyone's way.
I guess they realized that it would dumb to have Kio be exactly like Kira and be the key in saving humanity from endless war, ut at the same time, forgot to actually make him important, so he's like an ineffectual Kira with no writer's fiat behind him, so he just gets in everyone's way.

Also, I felt like Flit should have lost more and more over time to put more fuel in his burning rage to Kill All Vegans.
The series should have been two generations only, 3 was ambitious, but they couldn't pull it off. All of the greatest moments in the 3rd Gen I can think of don't involve the current main character.

People were still unbelievably unfair to the series though, they even had to change the beam rifle sounds because people complained about even that.
>>
>>20116621
I agree that Flit should have had more focus, but I think that ending like that would have been a big shake up, but probably would have sent the wrong message.

You just can't....blow them all up. Once you cross that line, you can justify blowing them all up for anything.
>>
>>20117524
The problem was that the Vegans were so one-dimensionally evil that the show failed to adequately show why Flit shouldn't just blow them all up. /m/ has a big murderboner when it comes to Gundam after SEED that drives some of the "Flit should have nuked them all" rhetoric, but AGE didn't do itself any favors with how little effort it made to humanize the Vegans and how idiotic their plan ended up being.
>>
>>20117524
>You just can't....blow them all up.
Yeah, you can. They already started the war by attacking non-combatants and blowing up settlements, then kept doing it as the decades passed. The colonies orbiting Mars were valid military targets by that point.
>>
>>20116783
I don't know about best, but it's a good one. The show had quite strong OPs/EDs. I really like OP4's progression within the hangar, and then it flashes that sick little girl and I'm reminded of the plot.
>>
>>20115791
The problem with AGE is that the last 25% of the show is so bad that it makes the whole show retroactively bad, kinda what Destiny did to Seed.
>>
>>20117586
This. Humanizing the Vagan's came way too late in the game. They killed the first protagonist's mother and his first love. So as far as story telling goes. They were written as the ultimate evil from the start. They all deserved to die.
>>
>>20116603
How about this Obari as fuck OP?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGqqJywMgEY
This was the first Gundam series he worked and he's been a constant in non-UC series since then.
>>
File: Tekkaman Blade.jpg (296 KB, 1226x2048)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
>>20117677
Obari should have directed the show as something like a generational Tekkaman Blade
>>
>>20117568
The entire gimmick of the Vagans being actual faceless monsters at first is just a terrible place to start on if you actually want people to like them at the end, in a non-ironic supporting the empire kinda way.
Following that up with being them 99% awful people didn't help. Level-5 is good at traditional children's stories of good guys and bad guys so asking them to try to tackle shades of grey was a plan ill fated from the beginning.
>>
>Zeheart got bodied in under two minutes without even landing a single blow on his rival, and then died uselessly
Is he the worst Char to ever exist?
>>
>>20117776
Yes he is no one fails as hard or as bad at the Char role as he did.
>>
>>20117776
If there's a worse Char, I can't think of them.
>>
>>20117776
I don't remember if this was in the TV version, but Memories of Eden does a pretty good job of showing him losing his mind from the pressure of trying to avenge all of the dead vegans and make their deaths mean something. He's a terrible leader by the end but it's pretty interesting watching his downfall and it makes for a more xomplex character than someone like Rau or Zechs.
>>
>>20117817
That was the TV and the moment where he shows he is so so very bad at the job. And the meme became real as they all came here to laugh at you Zeheart
>>
File: 1155515817930.jpg (95 KB, 879x696)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>20117568
>>20117586
You'll get no argument from me that the Vegans needed more fleshing out, and that they act like a pack of monsters. Hell, it was a surprise that they were actually piloted by humans in the first generation.

The problem is, they are human. Which means they can be reasoned with, it's just going to be difficult. From what we see in their culture, if you want to escape poverty and sickness, join up with the military where we teach you to slaughter Earthlings mercilessly. It's not going to be an easy cycle to break.
The hard thing is to defeat them, destabilize their military, and rehabilitate the people. The easy thing to do is to say fuck it, and blow them all up. No more Vegans and their bullshit.

But as soon "we" decide that 'fuck it, blow them all up' is acceptable, then what's to stop "them" from deciding the same? Or deciding that's the best way to fix the climate or deal with overpopulation.
It's why CE is such a hellscape, unless Lacus is literally holding on the reigns with the author making her takeover flawless, everyone's answer to problems is just to slaughter everyone on the other side.

We can argue all day about it being right or wrong, the problem is that answers like that eventually end up being the solution to every problem.
>>
>>20117776
On one hand, I should have enjoyed watching Zeheart get wrecked, but GSD had forever ruined the idea of just having a one-sided beating being thrown in the final episodes just because you ran out of time to do stuff.

I want to see the Gundam Legilis do something cool, not effortlessly ripped apart. I suppose >>20117817 is right, and it's thematically appropriate, but I want to see the mecha bash each other at the end of my toy show.
>>
>>20115791
I really like most the mecha designs... And the 1/144 kits were really well done and good quality.
>>
Asemu being such a fucking tool in Gen 3 made me retroactively hate everything about him, including Gen 2 which I had regarded as decent.
>>
>>20115791
I love part 1 and think Flit is one of the best Gundam protagonist. The rest is kinda meh. Overall it's enjoyable.
>>
File: 38181026_p0.jpg (341 KB, 868x612)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
>AGE is 10 years old next month
I still remember watching the show with /m/. Where does the time go?
>>
File: 56G110065753.png (56 KB, 364x664)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>20118195
Still waiting for a reprint of pic related.
>>
File: 1497428012762.png (757 KB, 1280x720)
757 KB
757 KB PNG
>>20119076
I always found it funny when the Kio arc started bringing up plot points from the Flit arc like it had just jumped straight from there. The Asemu arc is a fun watch but it really feels pointless in retrospect.
>>
>>20115791
Yes. I think it's a solid mid-tier Gundam series.
>>
>>20115791
I liked Flit and Asemu's arcs. Kio's not so much. I feel they should have just kept the focus to the former two because honestly Kio is such an add-on with no real personal connection to the main conflict whereas Flit and Asemu do. The former had his mother and true love interest killed by the Vagan whereas Asemu has the whole thing with Zeheart.
>>
It was boring as shit but Flito is a great MC
>>
>>20115791
Everyone was shitting so hard on this show so I thought it would be a disaster. But it turned out it wasn't so bad and I liked it. It's just visal style doesn't go along with the story etc. and last arc was pretty weak.
>>
Pretty ironic people calling Flit a great MC when they only started caring about him when he stopped being the MC.
>>
Literally all I know about AGE is the ancient Gundam thing with the huge sword and I think that’s sort of neat
>>
File: ErmVG_wU0AEtJqE.jpg (259 KB, 1063x1050)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>20119688
>>
>>20115791
I have a soft spot for this show.
The good:
>Some of the characters are well written and likable
>Vagan MS are so damn cool
>Despite looking like a kids show, it does treat war seriously
>It's themes about the cycle of revenge, are especially well brought out due to the three generations format
>That same three gen story is an interesting concept
The bad
>Kio arc just falls really short compared to the other two
>The finale is a mess
So yeah, I did enjoy 70% of it, but it just fell short in the finale.
>>
File: Wendy-hearts2.jpg (150 KB, 1912x1076)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
Speaking of Kio's arc, I pity Wendy's existence because she literally got shafted by that Vagan girl who was literally written in to make us sympathize with them (spoiler: that didn't work out as planned). At least both Emily and Romary had significant screentime in their respective generations, but holy damn, poor Wendy didn't even get a look in as the customary love interest.
>>
>>20119741
I feel more sorry for Emily. She and everyone else knows that she is the second best option for Flit, after his real love interest died. I bet he calls her Yurin by mistake, during sex.
>>
>>20119700
I agree a lot with you specially with
>Despite looking like a kids show, it does treat war seriously
People still get turned off early by the focus on kids and art style but in general the content is no different than most other Gundam.
>>
>>20119763
Well I guess she finally got her long due apology after Flit finally came to terms with Yurin's death and they lived happily after all.
>>20119096
Poor Romary suffered a lot as well; she had to deal with her husband going MIA for thirteen whole fucking years and the latter yet never once attempted to contact her nor the rest of the family. The show just goes: 'Oh hey, been thirteen years innit let's kiss and make up' without even bothering to show more of Romary's emotions let alone Emily's too. Absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>20119700
Same sentiment.

Thought Age 1's plot and story was a bit basic but the series was a very bold attempt at essentially condensing One Year War, Zeta and ZZ into one season. Kio coming back in season 3 with a Crossbone Gundam was also really friggin cool.
>>
I really wish Sunrise would give it another go with Level 5. Get the writers for Professor Layton or something though. Give me that NotEurope-countryside-comfycore Gundam. Like Valkyrie Chronicles or Kino's Journey.
>>
>>20119318
Figures the only one to start simping the Vegans and pushing for UNDERSTANDING is the only one they never took anything from
Little traitor
>>
Asemu was such a weird character. While I liked him turning into captain Herlock, I don't like how it was handled.
>He was rescued by the pirates after nearly dying in battle against the unmanned defense mobile suit, SID. Asemu joined them after he saw that the Federation wasn't much better even after the purge and eventually became their captain.
Yeah, that's a really weak reason to abandon your child. I'd understand if he was a fugitive from the Federation, or something, but he just didn't feel like working for them, so he let everyone think he was dead, to be a pirate. That comes off less as a ''dad who is hiding to protect his family'' and more as him being a terrible person. Also, I hate how he is this free spirit who does whatever he wants, but then when he meets his dad, there is a scene where he has to ask permission for something, and he acts like a whiny teen who is begging daddy to let him do something. Honestly, captain Herlock would never beg for something.
>>
>>20115791
I enjoyed the first age. Was good and I still had hopes for how the timeskip stuff would get incorporated. Then age 2 was pretty shit and I was just praying 3 would redeem it but it was 20x worse.
>>
>>20119881
I think it's just silly that the ultimate solution that he arrives on is "Let me fight both sides so that neither will ever gain a significant advantage in the other, prolonging the war indefinitely until I guess they give up or something?" Granted that the purge didn't exactly work, but I don't see why he wouldn't at least bring up this issue with Flit instead of just going completely AWOL.
>>
>>20116603
AGE was mad dodgy but all the openings and endings are absolutely pristine
>>
>>20119096
One of the reasons I disagree so strongly with people who like Gen 2 is because of how utterly pointless it all is. There's what, five episodes spent on just Asem and Zeheart in school, then almost all of the remaining episodes are them going to random places in space and doing things that don't matter because we never see any of those nameless places again. Then they find the brain damage helmet, then there's the super pilot episode, and then it's over.
>>
>>20120254
Gen 1 introduces the setting and Vegan threat, as well as "revealing" that Vegans are actually humans. Gen 3 expands much more on the Vegan lore by actually having Kio visit them, and explains their justifications. The 4th arc ties everything together by ending the war. In that sense, Gen 2 adds nothing to the overall narrative aside from just being a personal story for Asemu.
>>
>>20120308
Asemu and his arc are kind of the glue holding the other two together.
His both establishes that there can be common ground and relations between the two factions rather than them being some kind of unambiguous evil, and clears the board of a bunch of aspects of the first arc rather than having them lurking around unresolved
>>
>>20115791
I didn't like it when I was in my teens but as an adult I've come to appreciate it a lot more.
>>
The memory of eden movies really really fixed some issues. It actually made Zehart into a better character, and as it should have been, it put the focus on him as the final villain.
The finale of the show was bullshit for me. All that time they spent building up Zehart as the final villain, only to introduce a literal who in the last minute, give him a stupid cgi MS, have him get taken over by a rouge MA, and then they have Kio save him for some reason. All of that was really aimless and dumb.
I would have liked if granpa Flit crossed all the lines, and became a villain that needs to be stopped. He also just kind gives up because there is little time left in the show, so they had to resolve his hatred really quick.
>>
>>20116198
>>20116311
>>20116427
Honest question: what value does Gundam AGE has, it in and of itself? Put another way, what did it do that other previous Gundam series didn't do before, and much better?
>>
If AGE was an american show having flit nuke the vagans into oblivion to end the war would have been totally acceptable and a good ending.
>>
>>20117776
It was kind of hilarious how Asem didn't even get to fight his Char for the longest time, because his dad kept butting in to fight him instead.
>>
>>20121151
>Put another way, what did it do that other previous Gundam series didn't do before, and much better?
It's not often that you get to see an idealistic kid hero slowly devolve into a genocidal madman.
>>
>>20115791
I've only watched through AGE once, a couple years back, but I enjoyed it. There were a bunch of neat ideas it has going for it, like the rogue protag sides "captain", Vagan MS, the initial enemy unknown thing, the freaking same-series generational jumps, the goofiness of the "super pilot" thing, the AGE-FX, the final boss, and maybe some other things I'm forgetting. Big problem for me was how abrupt a couple of the arcs were. 52 episodes simply wasn't enough.
>>
>>20121658

> an idealistic kid hero slowly devolve into a genocidal madman
> slowly

You don't get that in AGE either; Flit mostly just changes off-screen between generations. You get to see the inciting incidents, not the actual development in most cases. He also never follows through on it in any real way, and as much as he talks a big game about genocide, the show never actually lets him do anything close to it because it still wants him to ultimately be a hero in the end. So it never commits to making him an actual villain of any kind; it just has him brush up against the idea.
>>
File: AGE3BESTAGE.png (1.29 MB, 800x2410)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
>>20115791
>>
They should've made the Vegans actual aliens, let Asuno not give a shit about being an X-Rounder and become a proven ace during his arc, made Kio Asuno and Arisa's son instead of Romary's, and not made him a Kira peacenik.
>>
>>20121151
Generation story, adaptive Gundam, it's conflict movies are relatively unique, etc.

That's a bunk question though, half the shows in the franchise would probably fail it.
>>
>>20122031
>Flit mostly just changes off-screen between generations
He changes right at the end of the first generation.
>>
Age's biggest sin is the character designs, someone post the prototype l5 designs
>>
>>20122381
The anime character designer is Michinori Chiba, the same from 00 and IBO. His adaptation is way better than the original designs.
>>
>>20115791
Arc 1 was really mediocre, I actually liked Arc 2 a lot, and then arcs 3 and 4 are absolutely terrible. Kio is hands-down the worst Gundam protagonist.

Also, I like Flit, but only outside of arc 1. Within arc 1 itself he's pretty damn boring.
>>
>>20122476
Main difference is only really the gaudy clothes/suits being toned down a bit, the actually characters are mostly as originally designed
>>
File: 1502242332397.jpg (84 KB, 1080x350)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>20119763
>>
>>20122627
the first birthed the best character in the show so it's aight
and fuck no it's not asemu
>>
>>20119881
>>20120090
TLDR: Asemu's character writing took a nosedive right after his arc ended.
>>
File: 26911141_p0.jpg (384 KB, 882x1222)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
>>
Here’s how I would have salvaged the last bit of the show:

Kio still gets brainwashed. Ezelcunt uses him as a weapon. Flit and Asemu beat the shit out of Kio and grandpapa Flit nukes all of Mars.

But man, the show really failed to make you feel empathy for the Vegans. They were all just cunts.
>>
>>20115791
It was really bad. Like, I wanted to give this a fair shot, but it was trash. It's just one of the conceptually dumbest shows since Destiny.
>>
>>20118172
> We can argue all day about it being right or wrong, the problem is that answers like that eventually end up being the solution to every problem.
Well yeah, just kill them all
No enemy, no problem. Turns out the mistake was not just killing them the first time
>>
>>20123131
Destiny is the best.
>>
File: 26706857_p0.jpg (521 KB, 1000x1000)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
>>
>>20123145
...Why is Shinn there?
>>
>>20123149
It's a joke about the former protagonist stealing the limelight/top billing so of course Shinn would be familiar.
>>
>>20122627
Y'know, I never got why Yurin was so popular. I mean yeah, she's cute and all, but she only appeared in like two episodes and was basically just Lalah without anything that made Lalah interesting.
>>
>>20123234
Saori Hayami
>>
File: Fram-nara-worry.jpg (126 KB, 1280x1440)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
I liked Fram, too bad she died meaninglessly for Zeheart's nonsense.
>>
>>20123234
Her death scene was actually quite tearjerking and iconic (well, sort of); not to mention that she's the catalyst for Flit going off into the deep end.
>>
>>20123307

I'd love to know what makes you think it's even sort of iconic.
>>
>>20123277
The show keeps wanting us to sympathize with Zehart but literally all he does is be a whole hearted believer in genocide and ethnic cleansing who orders carpet bombings of civilian population centers and sacrifices his own men. And when he learns that he was lied to he doubles down on it.
>>
>>20123348
Zehart's basically a victim as well, raised in a cult and just couldn't shake his programming
>>
>>20123365
While true I suppose it was executed horribly, Zeheart was always presented as a character with morals (his distaste for his brother and his pointless violence) and caring of his comrades, so seeing him throw that all away when Ezelcant tells him his true plan is really jarring.
>>
>>20123392
Even when that happens, he's basically gritting his teeth and telling himself over and over he's doing it for the greater good, it's basically why Fram's death pushes him to suicide-by-Asemu after he sees she died for nothing and he was wrong
>>
I did like this show. Kinda. It's not good, but it's not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be either.
The mobile suit designs were amazing and I would really love a potential revisit of Age timeline just for them.
>>20123234
People just like that type of girls.
Personally, I was very surprised when I recently found myself really liking Emily. Not even sure why.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQVuwK7y8KE
>>
>>20123422
This ED is honestly so sad especially when you consider everything that happens afterwards. Poor Emily had to watch over a lot of suffering into her old age, as the last ED showed; it's such a shame that she doesn't appear during the final arc bar an cameo here and there for whatever reason.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>20115791
It's watchable.

+ Good mech designs, good battles.
= Original, but not so good, 3 arcs story telling.
- Goofy kiddy drawing style, lame characters, generic overall plot, MUH understanding.

_Flit arc is ok.
_Asemu arc is pretty decent (best character, best mech) + rivalry with Zeheart. No surprise why the 2 compiled movies focus only in his character.
_Kio arc is bad, long and ending is messy.

It's an ok Gundam, but it could have been better.
>>
>>20115791
Age is just a series that is afraid to be good.
At any moment you think it's ramping up it just gives up next episode and doesn't go anywhere.
Kio especially being the black sheep part.
6/10 I don't regret watching it.
I only watched the first MoE movie but it seemed pretty alright, gotta find time to watch the second.
>>
>>20115791
No, no one liked it.
>>
>>20125501
I did.
>>
No, the whole show is garbage and deserved to fail. Anyone having nostalgia for it is either faking it or is being nostalgic for something else, like the weekly threads on /m/, rather than the content of the show itself. It's frustrating as hell to watch because it makes no attempt to do anything original or memorable in its narrative and everyone rightfully shit on it when it was coming out.
>>
It was really video game-y and not in a good way.
>>
>>20115791
I always liked it, I never brought into that predecided hate the show suffered from

Even more importantly, there's been six full series since AGE, and there is only *one* I'd call better than it.
>>
>>20115791
I did.
>>
>>20125687
wasn't it made by gamers or a studio that used to do videogames?
>>
File: Legilis.jpg (336 KB, 1443x1600)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
Gundam Sexylis
>>
>>20129034
I liked it until Zeheart dumped a can of red paint over it.
>>
File: 2397456.jpg (118 KB, 1920x1080)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>20129059
Only happens in the movie version
>>
>>20129059
Red is not canon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0g2NQU1p3E
>>
File: 1400465626403.png (2.05 MB, 2352x2404)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB PNG
>>20128907
If you mean a studio that makes video games (Level 5 in this case) then yes, and let's not forget that the Gundam AGE tie-in video games also bombed hard as well in terms of sales
>>
File: Asemu_Asuno_and_Kio_old.jpg (98 KB, 1024x740)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>20129226
Old Kio looks pathetic.
>>
>>20115791
I felt the arcs didn't have enough time to develop their characters. The series had a habit of introducing new characters and killing them off about 2 or 3 episodes later but I didn't feel they were developed enough for me to care about their deaths. Each generation should have been a bit longer for that emotional connection to be built up.
>>
I feel that I think it's worse then it actually is because watching it while it aired and having to wait a week for the next bad epidode made it more painful
I never actually finished it, I dropped it after they spent a few eps near the end introducing a girl with a man's name only to kill her off right away
>>
>>20129266
Ahh yes, Girard Spriggan, the character you learned existed in one episode and was supposed to be emotionally connected to her enough when she died in the next.
>>
>>20129059
>>20129136
>>20129189
It's bit of a trade off, Legilis looks better in it's original colors, but the red version at least got to go down fighting
>>
>>20129276
On the other hand, the redone fight isn't all that noteworthy, while Legilis getting absolutely wrecked by Dark Hound is if nothing else a memorable scene.
>>
>>20129297
Thematically, Zeheart getting absolutely dunked in that confrontation really is the more fitting version of events, I agree
>>
>>20129059
I liked it until it got normal Gundam Eyes. That felt like it was missing the point.
>>
>>20123277
Good taste anon.
Hairsocks was rather popular on /m back when age was airing.
>>
File: aHvuKvr.jpg (632 KB, 2352x2404)
632 KB
632 KB JPG
>>20118172
>But as soon "we" decide that 'fuck it, blow them all up' is acceptable, then what's to stop "them" from deciding the same?
unfortunately by that logic, sparing some but not all is going to lead to them being resentful and just doubling down on their aggression tenfold because this world isn't like ours where there's Mutually Assured Destruction, the Vagans made it pretty clear that they're far more ruthless and destructive than anything else
Getting rid of them is a complete net benefit not just to the people involved but to everyone
Plus no one really had an argument to what Flit was doing. Sure he was being selfish in his reasoning but not even his grandson's "Talk no Jutsu" worked, Flit had to imagine Urine telling him that he's satisfied her bloodlust and he goes "ok I'll stop now" for essentially no reason
>>
>>20129246
>The series had a habit of introducing new characters and killing them off about 2 or 3 episodes later
r.i.p. tiny mechanic girl
>>
>>20123277
She also lived meaninglessly for Zeheart's nonsense. At least there is symmetry.
>>
Not really a big deal or something that would change the problems with a show but I felt for a show spanning generations it really lacked showing what became of the characters of past arcs, like even just seeing the characters older would be cool. They don't need to actually be given a role in the arc; for example at one point Wootbit talks about his mom and grandpa (two characters from previous arcs) would it have hurt to just... see what they look like at that point in time? I always find stuff like that cool to see in shows with huge timeskips and this show failed to deliver outside of a couple of characters.
>>
>>20129189
This is why I love toys and video games, even if a suit or character had a short screen time you can still have fun playing with it.
https://youtu.be/YYVJ4EVDZXk?t=5
>>
Honestly I enjoyed it up to kios arc but I think it overall was pretty good and enjoyable. Just a bit too long. Had cool designs too.
>>
>>20129233
Asemu still looks like a pirate just an old retired pirate. While Kio looks like a generic middle age salary man. This is kind of fitting to be honest
>>
>>20132450

I wouldn't say Asemu looks like a pirate. I would say that he looks pretty stylish and that he stands out, with a cane, cravat, hat and ponytail. Kio by comparison looks like a random stooge you'd see the background of a shot. Shorter, almost pudgy looking even if it probably wasn't the intention, and with a boring haircut. Nothing about his design makes him stand out.
>>
>>20119855
>>20119318
I think the problem is they were going for a "Kio could save everyone because he's not tied down to the conflict like Flit was and so isn't biased" but he very clearly is
>>
>>20129233
Asemu looks really good for 78
>>
>>20132450
I think that's kind of deliberate, if I remember right the story post-series is that Kio removed the AGE System from the Gundam and dedicated it to curing the Mars Rays, so he didn't spend a life time fighting or being a Gundam pilot like the others
>>
>>20133088
No, the story after Kio's episodes was that the war continued for another 37 years until someone developed the "Everse" system (literally "reverse" without the letter R) to undo the effects of the mars rays.

There's no post-TV series sidestories as far as I remember, but there are MSV designs that imply Kio still took part in the fighting after the TV series because fluff text for the AGE-FX A-funnel equipment version says the equipment was developed in the year AG 167 (Kio's arc takes place in AG 164) and that "The A-Funnel system is the 6th funnel system to be formally adopted after the C-Funnel system and records show that it is the most used AGE-FX equipment after the war."
>>
>>20133107
>The war has to continue for another 37 years offscreen just so their tagline of a war spanning 100 years wasn't a lie
Pretty stupid
>>
>>20133107
The war doesn't continue for 37 years, it's just that the Everse System took 37 years to be completed but work on it began 'several' years after the final battle of the war. It's time that way so everything ends in AG 201, a century from the beginning.

The AGE-FX A-Funnel Type notably wasn't developed by the AGE System, and it's suggested it's used against EXA-DB/Sid remnants

The weird outlier here is that the ending of Memories of Eden says the war drew to a close in AG 210 which is an enormous difference but one I'm kinda inclined to just not put a lot of weight behind.
>>
>>20129226
>let's not forget that the Gundam AGE tie-in video games
completely for got AGE got those PSP games. It always looked like a 3DS game to me, wonder if sales would have been better if it released on that.
>>
Flit should have been the villain of the third arc.
Let him descend into total madness. The guy has spent most of his life thinking about revenge for his waifu.
End the show with Zehart vs Asuno and Flit vs Kio.
>>
>>20133362
Not villain, Flit was the hero /m/ always wanted but dind't deserved. He even got a statue, wich other characters have one?
>>
File: 1545080012845.jpg (73 KB, 480x320)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>
>>20134060

Mikazuki became a statue. Not that it means much. If they're so important though, call when he has one in the real world.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.